PDA

View Full Version : Best PL Program for garage gym

swoleberry
03-30-19, 11:28 pm
Best powerlifting program out there when equipment is limited? (probably not enough equipment variety for Westside methods)

Just finished outfitting my garage gym and looking for some powerlifting program recommendations (training PL specific for about 17-18months)
Power bar
Dumbbells
Bands
Rings

No specialty bars yet (EFS Yoke SS soon)

BigChrisF
04-17-19, 1:54 am
I'm going to suggest a Smolov or Smolov inspired program. It doesn't really involve any accessories or special stuff. Just squat and/or bench.

Cellardweller
04-17-19, 1:27 pm
I’ll throw in 5/3/1. Wendler doesn’t place a huge emphasis on accessories. Go to tnation and search 5/3/1 in their articles. There’s enough there to get you started. I use blackironbeast’s calculator and he’s got some other programs there too. Of course the book gives more insight into the program

npcdusty
04-17-19, 1:44 pm
I agree 5/3/1 should work for you...

I’ll throw in 5/3/1. Wendler doesn’t place a huge emphasis on accessories. Go to tnation and search 5/3/1 in their articles. There’s enough there to get you started. I use blackironbeast’s calculator and he’s got some other programs there too. Of course the book gives more insight into the program