PDA

View Full Version : Muscle stimulators

MRmichael.hooker
06-01-19, 11:35 am
Anyone have any experience with muscle stimulators for pain relief/tight muscles? Trying to see if anyone has used one. Most of the higher reviewed models have a decent price range ($200-500) and wasn’t sure if they actually are a benefit or not before spending that amount of money.

Cellardweller
06-01-19, 7:53 pm
I’m assuming you’re talking about a tens unit. I’ve had one used on me in PT, family have had them and my own patients have had them and for most everybody it works. Most of the time they’ve been used for back pain. In PT they put it on my knee. For something like the knee you probably have to really know where to properly place it. Hope this helps

BigChrisF
06-02-19, 2:29 am
I've tried out one before that a friend was using for rehab. Used it on the highest setting for a while. It definitely made my legs sore. Not really a helpful experience, though.

Altered Beast
06-03-19, 12:45 pm
I own a Marc Pro. FUCKING love it! Yep, I dropped the F bomb.

Bean
06-04-19, 11:56 am
Used them during college football season for rehab and normal pains in knees, lower back, and shoulders...loved it with a hot heating pad over the pads. Unsure if they actually worked by the college trainers said they did so I believed them.

MRmichael.hooker
06-04-19, 12:39 pm
Appreciate all the feedback guys. Found out this am part of my rotator is torn, so trying to get it taken care of before I deploy