PDA

View Full Version : Where's TUTTLE??

spartan300
06-22-19, 12:17 pm
We need our resident expert!!

Altered Beast
06-24-19, 3:28 pm
We need our resident expert!!

He's been gone for a while! Before Rex even.

He had mentioned that the requirement for athletes to post on the FORVM is no longer a requirement. Social media is the new advertising tool.

spartan300
06-24-19, 8:08 pm
He's been gone for a while! Before Rex even.

He had mentioned that the requirement for athletes to post on the FORVM is no longer a requirement. Social media is the new advertising tool.So he didn't really like us. =l WTF!!

Altered Beast
06-25-19, 10:12 am
So he didn't really like us. =l WTF!!

LOL! Contractual obligations doesn't necessarily mean he didn't enjoy our conversations! Since no one is on this forum anymore, can ya blame them? No one enjoys chatting anymore, people just want to post selfies and other stupid bullshit on played out social media.

spartan300
06-25-19, 3:25 pm
LOL! Contractual obligations doesn't necessarily mean he didn't enjoy our conversations! Since no one is on this forum anymore, can ya blame them? No one enjoys chatting anymore, people just want to post selfies and other stupid bullshit on played out social media.You are wise beyond your years.
" I think Im going to miss you most of all"... All I have to do is click my heels 3 times... ; )

Preston
06-25-19, 3:49 pm
LOL! Contractual obligations doesn't necessarily mean he didn't enjoy our conversations! Since no one is on this forum anymore, can ya blame them? No one enjoys chatting anymore, people just want to post selfies and other stupid bullshit on played out social media.

It's true, and you can't blame corporate for seeing that shift and addressing it. Without doing so the brand would die, an unfortunate chain of events would ensue for all of us who are here....still using a forum. lol

I still wish the forum was a more used place. Then again, I wonder if it's a shift from the supplement industry as a whole and the fact that a lot of people know more about the fitness industry than what was really talked about in the mid-2000's vs. what everyone has access to know. Accessibility to information dudes, that's what's killing forums. lol

spartan300
06-25-19, 5:04 pm
It's true, and you can't blame corporate for seeing that shift and addressing it. Without doing so the brand would die, an unfortunate chain of events would ensue for all of us who are here....still using a forum. lol

I still wish the forum was a more used place. Then again, I wonder if it's a shift from the supplement industry as a whole and the fact that a lot of people know more about the fitness industry than what was really talked about in the mid-2000's vs. what everyone has access to know. Accessibility to information dudes, that's what's killing forums. lol

I am one of the few here Preston that's been around since this industries inception. I'm not talking just about this forum but 50 years ago when I saw my first ad in a freakin comic book about how Charles Atlas could make a man out of me! I was that 90 pound little shit that had the attitude of a 200 pound man. I tried Hoffman's proteen pills, I was a Weider WILD CAT, and all points in between I was determined to no longer have pipe cleaner appendages!! Bottom line It is corporate greed my friends, there only concern is where they can squeeze there next buck from. Advertising is just there catalyst. No one gives a fuck how it affects the few.

Preston
06-25-19, 10:48 pm
I am one of the few here Preston that's been around since this industries inception. I'm not talking just about this forum but 50 years ago when I saw my first ad in a freakin comic book about how Charles Atlas could make a man out of me! I was that 90 pound little shit that had the attitude of a 200 pound man. I tried Hoffman's proteen pills, I was a Weider WILD CAT, and all points in between I was determined to no longer have pipe cleaner appendages!! Bottom line It is corporate greed my friends, there only concern is where they can squeeze there next buck from. Advertising is just there catalyst. No one gives a fuck how it affects the few.

I hear what you’re saying and I agree and I don’t. Call it “corporate greed,” or simply call it “staying alive.” The unfortunate truth is you have to adapt to the current customer climate if you want to keep your head above water. They’re also looking to make an impression on the young guys, just like you were. See how it worked out? You became a customer for life. They won’t find a lot of those new guys crawling around forums in 2019. They’ll sure AF find them on Instagram and that’s where they’re going to be focusing.

I don’t like it, but that’s the climate of today. Plus, you aren’t going to find a person willing to have THIS kind of conversation there. Shit, you’d be lucky to get more than a “I know right,” response to your paragraph response. THAT is what I like about this forum. People who give enough of a fuck that they actually take the time to send a meaningful message in support of someone who has a similar goal. That’s what made this group what it was. Likeminded (big picture) men and women wanting to offer support to those who didn’t always have a close group of truly understanding individuals.

I’ve done run away with my reply. I think you get what I mean. Lol

spartan300
06-25-19, 11:44 pm
I hear what you’re saying and I agree and I don’t. Call it “corporate greed,” or simply call it “staying alive.” The unfortunate truth is you have to adapt to the current customer climate if you want to keep your head above water. They’re also looking to make an impression on the young guys, just like you were. See how it worked out? You became a customer for life. They won’t find a lot of those new guys crawling around forums in 2019. They’ll sure AF find them on Instagram and that’s where they’re going to be focusing.

I don’t like it, but that’s the climate of today. Plus, you aren’t going to find a person willing to have THIS kind of conversation there. Shit, you’d be lucky to get more than a “I know right,” response to your paragraph response. THAT is what I like about this forum. People who give enough of a fuck that they actually take the time to send a meaningful message in support of someone who has a similar goal. That’s what made this group what it was. Likeminded (big picture) men and women wanting to offer support to those who didn’t always have a close group of truly understanding individuals.

I’ve done run away with my reply. I think you get what I mean. LolSo in short, we're just collateral damage.

Preston
06-26-19, 5:31 am
So in short, we're just collateral damage.

It’s definitely a societal change, something that has been slowly happening for a while. Unfortunate for sure.

Altered Beast
06-26-19, 2:36 pm

VERY true! Times must and always do change.

Ole skool! I dig it.

I wouldn't call it corporate greed either, but it can steer that way depending on the company's core policies.

I’ve done run away with my reply. I think you get what I mean. Lol

Agreed!

So in short, we're just collateral damage.

Not necessarily, they're a business and that is what businesses have to do in today's world.

It’s definitely a societal change, something that has been slowly happening for a while. Unfortunate for sure.

It'll come back around. Always does! I have a feeling people will get sick of the nonsense and go back to forums for more informed info. Online chat rooms were huge in the 90's if y'all can remember and then they died a fast death, LOL! Part of it. As one of my favorite country song's says, "Time marches oooooooon!"

Preston
06-26-19, 5:42 pm
VERY true! Times must and always do change.

Ole skool! I dig it.

I wouldn't call it corporate greed either, but it can steer that way depending on the company's core policies.

Agreed!

Not necessarily, they're a business and that is what businesses have to do in today's world.

It'll come back around. Always does! I have a feeling people will get sick of the nonsense and go back to forums for more informed info. Online chat rooms were huge in the 90's if y'all can remember and then they died a fast death, LOL! Part of it. As one of my favorite country song's says, "Time marches oooooooon!"

Hey AB - you remember your ICQ nick? lol

Altered Beast
06-27-19, 11:08 am
Hey AB - you remember your ICQ nick? lol

L O L !!!!!!!! No I don't! Had it for about a month and tossed it because no one was ever on it.

Preston
06-27-19, 4:36 pm
L O L !!!!!!!! No I don't! Had it for about a month and tossed it because no one was ever on it.

Haha lemme get dat A/S/L ;)

BigChrisF
06-28-19, 12:12 am
Greed or not, they are still paying for us to hang around here.

spartan300
06-28-19, 5:18 am
They'll squeeze this fucking orange until all the juice is gone and then theyll throw it away. This was conceived as a marketing tool to draw you in to keep buying. Ultimately the consumer pays the bills BC so in essence we are paying to keep this board around.

Altered Beast
06-28-19, 12:24 pm
Haha lemme get dat A/S/L ;)

LOL!

True!

They'll squeeze this fucking orange until all the juice is gone and then they'll throw it away. This was conceived as a marketing tool to draw you in to keep buying. Ultimately the consumer pays the bills BC so in essence we are paying to keep this board around.

Even more true!!!!!!

BigChrisF
06-28-19, 9:09 pm
They'll squeeze this fucking orange until all the juice is gone and then theyll throw it away. This was conceived as a marketing tool to draw you in to keep buying. Ultimately the consumer pays the bills BC so in essence we are paying to keep this board around.
Sometimes the juice ain't worth the squeeze, ya dig?

Preston
06-29-19, 9:23 pm

Word.

Preston
06-29-19, 9:25 pm

True that.

Preston
06-29-19, 9:27 pm

Also accurate. I’d have to second BC and say at least this is still up and running.

spartan300
06-30-19, 9:17 pm
Sometimes the juice ain't worth the squeeze, ya dig?and yet they keep squeezin'
The mother fucker.

Bean
07-01-19, 12:00 pm
What will be...will be. I will continue to enjoy reality while it last but eventually this will all become a memory

Altered Beast
07-01-19, 1:24 pm

L O L !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Word.

Microsoft word.

True that.

Tru dat is more appropriate since we've gone hood round these parts =)

Also accurate. I’d have to second BC and say at least this is still up and running.

Dat b tru, yo!

and yet they keep squeezin'
The mother fucker.

It still has proven to be effective. Always 100-150 visitors at any given time. Sometimes over 200! Still kickin =)

What will be...will be. I will continue to enjoy reality while it last but eventually this will all become a memory

Yes sir! Time marches on. Can't beat the clock as they say.

It's like when Mark Whalberg said all good things comes to an end regarding his show Entourage, it was like I can't believe it's really happening kind of moment.

Bean
07-01-19, 3:12 pm
Yeah...we often say tomorrow is not promised but forget that what we are saying is true and will become a reality one day. Ill keep scratching and moving forward until I cant go any further

Preston
07-04-19, 12:42 am
L O L !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Microsoft word.

Tru dat is more appropriate since we've gone hood round these parts =)

Dat b tru, yo!

It still has proven to be effective. Always 100-150 visitors at any given time. Sometimes over 200! Still kickin =)

Yes sir! Time marches on. Can't beat the clock as they say.

It's like when Mark Whalberg said all good things comes to an end regarding his show Entourage, it was like I can't believe it's really happening kind of moment.

LOLOLOL you ask like you know me.

(I feel like this is heading south, rather quickly.)

naturalguy
07-19-19, 8:50 am
I am old school like you guys, I love the FORVM but the reality is conversations are now taking place on social media.

I know some of you don't use Facebook but we are going to be starting an Animal Facebook group that you are welcome to join.

Altered Beast
07-19-19, 10:01 am
LOLOLOL you ask like you know me.

(I feel like this is heading south, rather quickly.)

=)

Bean
07-19-19, 10:53 am
I am old school like you guys, I love the FORVM but the reality is conversations are now taking place on social media.

I know some of you don't use Facebook but we are going to be starting an Animal Facebook group that you are welcome to join.

Nothing wrong with other avenues...its business and every business wants to expand and grow to reach as many new users as possible. We understand and continue to support the product line and beliefs ( hence we are still on here picking away at our keyboards on a daily basis) However, there is something that feels pure and real on here compared to the social media avenue where everyone is in it for likes, just trolling to start drama, or sharing drama to gain sympathy from strangers. In here, we can shoot the shit, share lifting programs and ideas, gain knowledge in an environment that feels safe and welcoming. It is what it is...just be kind enough to give us a heads up if the forum was to ever shut down allowing us time to go in and copy any important information on diets, lifts, or recipes that we might revisit when needed in here. But until then...the Brothers and Sisters will continue to post, share, and grow as an Animal community.

naturalguy
07-19-19, 12:16 pm
Nothing wrong with other avenues...its business and every business wants to expand and grow to reach as many new users as possible. We understand and continue to support the product line and beliefs ( hence we are still on here picking away at our keyboards on a daily basis) However, there is something that feels pure and real on here compared to the social media avenue where everyone is in it for likes, just trolling to start drama, or sharing drama to gain sympathy from strangers. In here, we can shoot the shit, share lifting programs and ideas, gain knowledge in an environment that feels safe and welcoming. It is what it is...just be kind enough to give us a heads up if the forum was to ever shut down allowing us time to go in and copy any important information on diets, lifts, or recipes that we might revisit when needed in here. But until then...the Brothers and Sisters will continue to post, share, and grow as an Animal community.

I understand and agree with you. Our group there will be moderated and there will be rules similar to here.