PDA

View Full Version : Cage 2020 idea

AJones148
08-01-19, 11:27 pm
Yall know what would be cool for a Cage 2020 event?

Women's 225 bench AMRAP contest with some of the top female lifters invited.

And myself, not that I'm a top lifter yet but it was my idea and I could probably get like 7-10 tng by then.

If anyone reading this thinks its a good idea pls say so, maybe it'll increase the chance of it happening.

npcdusty
08-02-19, 8:56 am
We have had some heavy hitters come in for the bench your bodyweight part and go on up to 225 or more for reps. Some of them put on a good showing for sure. About 4 years ago we had several of the top females go head to head in a deadlift of 315 and it went over well. Its always fun seeing the female lifters come in and put on a good show, the crowd usually gets behind it more in the last few years than some of the guys lifts. Could be a interesting event....

Yall know what would be cool for a Cage 2020 event?

Women's 225 bench AMRAP contest with some of the top female lifters invited.

And myself, not that I'm a top lifter yet but it was my idea and I could probably get like 7-10 tng by then.

If anyone reading this thinks its a good idea pls say so, maybe it'll increase the chance of it happening.

Bean
08-02-19, 10:34 am
I like the idea...there are some tough ass women out there that push weight. I am sure it would bring some excitement during a time slot.

BigChrisF
08-03-19, 4:45 am
Seems like a good idea to me. I think any of the "head to head" lifting competitions are a good crowd draw.

Preston
08-05-19, 10:02 am
...the female lifters come in and put on a good show, the crowd usually gets behind it more in the last few years than some of the guys lifts...

lol, you don't say? hahaha