PDA

View Full Version : Creatine on a cut?

PowerBuilder
03-25-07, 5:29 pm
whats your guys input on taking creatine in the beggining of a cutting phase??? i heard its not bad ??

Toni69
03-25-07, 6:07 pm
I still use Storm and I am cutting for a show. I was using pump and shock therapy together prior to training, but I just finished the pump and now replaced it with the nitro pak. I still use storm after my workouts. Its really helping to maintain my size, with all the dieting and cardio I am doing. My strength is slowly decreasing in some areas, but then again, when your cutting and dieting, this is quite normal anyway.

Once I stop using storm, as I get closer to the show, I will just worry about losing water. So, I think you using creatine while cutting is fine. But, again, different strokes for different folks...depends how much water you retain from it too. You need creatine to help keep muscle cells pumped, allowing you to lift heavier. If you can lift heavier you are ensuring your muscles stay strong and don't become fuel for your workouts. Anything that is going to help you retain lean mass is a good thing, therefore creatine while cutting is a good idea. 5g is plenty.

Hope this helps!

PowerBuilder
03-26-07, 2:00 pm
thanx appreciate it

Brute Force
03-26-07, 2:16 pm
unless you are competing in a show, it's not a problem. If you are competing, then it would be a safe bet to stop taking it a few weeks before the show. As long as you don't mind holding a bit of water under the skin, it will be fine.

PowerBuilder
04-17-07, 3:38 pm
how many weeks before a competition do you think you should cut out creatine.. how quickly when you stop usage do you think you lose the water... ?

Budsbythebeach
04-17-07, 3:43 pm
When i first started i use to use a cheap creatine from walmart, haha.
This shit had me swollen up ( i think it was alot of sodium ).
After about a month or so i was just looking bloated, in the face and everything. In two days i went from 200 to 190 just from water.
Oh yeah i used hydroxycut hardcore.
oooh yeah that was a fun day, running back and forth to the bathroom.

thor44
04-18-07, 8:53 pm
give yourself a good 2-3 weeks before competition to get the creatine out of your system. depending on your body maybe sooner, maybe later. but to be on the safe side i'd say 3 weeks

DavyO
05-24-07, 10:04 am
Hi fellas,

I have this argument with my workout buddy about using creatine during a cutting phase. Anyways I will start cutting soon. My opinion is that you can stay on creatine while cutting, and that if your cutting for a show (like me) u cut out the creatine the last few weeks before the show.

Right now i am using Shock Therapy/Storm and Torrent, and my workout buddy says i should stop using *any creatine* when i start cutting (16 weeks out for the show).

Whats your opinion guys?

Spikes079
05-24-07, 10:06 am
Creatine does hold water weight but usualy you won't see any of that leave untill your closer to the show anyway so what your saying about cutting it out a few weeks out is correct just make sure you can squeeze out that last bit of water.

Jaymafin
05-24-07, 10:12 am
what was his argument as to why you shouldnt?

G Diesel
05-24-07, 10:29 am
Hi fellas,

I have this argument with my workout buddy about using creatine during a cutting phase. Anyways I will start cutting soon. My opinion is that you can stay on creatine while cutting, and that if your cutting for a show (like me) u cut out the creatine the last few weeks before the show.

Right now i am using Shock Therapy/Storm and Torrent, and my workout buddy says i should stop using *any creatine* when i start cutting (16 weeks out for the show).

Whats your opinion guys?

I think that is right on the money... Creatine will help you mantain strength and retain intracellular water in the muscle which will be vital while depleted and in a caloric deficit and will in no way, shape or form interfere with fat burning. I'd say keep creatine in until about 3 weeks out and you should be good to go. Peace, G

DavyO
05-24-07, 11:35 am
Creatine does hold water weight but usualy you won't see any of that leave untill your closer to the show anyway so what your saying about cutting it out a few weeks out is correct just make sure you can squeeze out that last bit of water.

what was his argument as to why you shouldnt?

His argument is too much water retention..., and i`ll lose all my strenght when coming of creatine. I told him that was bullshit.

I think that is right on the money... Creatine will help you mantain strength and retain intracellular water in the muscle which will be vital while depleted and in a caloric deficit and will in no way, shape or form interfere with fat burning. I'd say keep creatine in until about 3 weeks out and you should be good to go. Peace, G

Thats what i was thinking too, last time i did cut out creatine like 12 weeks out, but definatly lost alot of strenght when obviously combined with caloric deficit. This time i was think of using creatine until a few weeks out, 3-4 weeks out see how it goes.

I was thinking about maybe swapping the Shock Therapy/Storm combo for Animal Pump when i am done with my Shock Therapy/Storm stack. I reckon there is no creatine monohydrate in Animal Pump and it contains 0 cals. Good idea?

Jaymafin
05-24-07, 11:51 am
I think G summed it up.

DFA
05-26-07, 7:52 pm
I cut with creatine never had a problem. If its before a comp ya sure cut it out before. I usually lose a few pounds of water weight when i stop taking it.

Im new to this site are we not aloud to post other products??

ironshaolin
05-26-07, 8:09 pm
First off, understand how creatine works. Creatine works by pulling water into the muscle cells. When you try to drop water weight for a show, the purpose is for getting rid of subcutaneous water, which is water between the muscle and the skin. That water makes you look puffy and undefined. By pulling water into the muscles, however it will make them look bigger. Muscles are like 80%water, or something like that so I think that having water in the muscles for a show can be a good thing. I've never done a show tho, so don't take my word as gospel.

WillWest
06-29-07, 6:20 am
I've got a question im hoping you can help me out with.

I've finished a cut and am now trying to shift the last bit of fat from my gut so im not eating for bulk or anything.

I want to maintain what weight loss i've acheived for a while to prove to myself its sustainable and not cos i was supp'ing like crazy!

Heres the question - I want to increase strength now without losing definition i have gained. If i take creatine monohydrate will this help?

I've taken creatine before but before i give it a go i wanted to get you're opinions. Before i found out about the forum i would have just done it. But i thought i'd ask and see what happens....

Matt81
06-29-07, 10:34 am
Creatine should increase your strength and shouldn't affect the weight you have lost. You will more than likely put on water weight as the creatine should enable your muscles to hold more water.
If anything it will help you as you should gain a benefit in terms of strength, effectively allowing you to train harder.

Do it, its definetley not going to make you fat! And the diet you're on definetely won't...

RAGI'N PITBULL
07-11-07, 3:53 pm
Should i use creatine in the cutting phase?

Riesjs
07-11-07, 4:10 pm
http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=7026&highlight=creatine+cutting

http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=6074&highlight=creatine+cutting

Welcome to the Forvm. Theres a good amount of info on here, just search for creatine and cutting and read away.

Good Luck

drag0590
07-29-07, 11:09 pm
While i am on a "cut" can i use creatine or will it make me more bloated and ruin my definition?

gsb239
07-30-07, 12:02 am
Nah. Stick with it. It'll help you keep strength and lean mass when you're cutting.

I also read in Muscle and Fitness that soldiers who took creatine lost more bodyfat on average than those who didn't.

Hercules
07-30-07, 8:08 am
Creatine monohydrate draws water into mostly muscle fibers (intracellular). Other forms of creatine are supposed to have a decreased 'bloating' effect, although I'd hardly call that bloat. However, excessive sodium will causes the bloated look due to extracellular fluid.

krazyassmexican
07-30-07, 8:21 am
storm is the answer for your cut
0calories 0carbs

dominatetheiron
07-30-07, 10:01 am
Some creatines hold a little bit of water in your muscles, but you have to remember to stay hydrated, if you dont stay hydrated and have enough water in your system the creatine will get the water from your vital organs and if your too dehydrated you can die. It was a big deal in the world of wrestling in the 90's because 3 wrestlers died in a few days between eachother at D 1 colleges because they were too dehydrated and taking creatine. it is possible to take creatine and cut just be smart.

MassMonster
07-30-07, 10:10 am
creatine doesnt ruin definition... its a common misconception.... like said earlier it hold water in the muscle fibers.... not on the skin... sodium does that this is why u should eat low sodium items.... also if u drink a gallon of water a day or more you'll less likely bloat bc your body drains wat u take in.... you'll piss away more than the water... fat leaves (altho in very small increments....) also....

MartyMcfly
08-03-07, 3:59 pm
definitely stick with it. It'll do nothing but help with ADP turning back into ATP.

Beowulf
08-03-07, 4:09 pm
Good creatine should help you muscle cells hold water, not under your skin.

Ricky P
08-03-07, 4:21 pm
Yeah, definitely stay on the creatine through a cut.

gflash77
08-04-07, 2:42 pm
Along with cutting and two "cycles" of N.O.-Explode, I've dropped 15 lbs. I would suggest keeping with the creatine

Macrobolic
08-05-07, 1:14 pm
Use it throughout your cut. It will help with ATP replenishment and, like others have said, push water into the muscle. If you are going to do a contest, I think most competitors stop their creatine intake about 1 week out.

ChandlerXJ
08-06-07, 7:59 am
Nah. Stick with it. It'll help you keep strength and lean mass when you're cutting.

I also read in Muscle and Fitness that soldiers who took creatine lost more bodyfat on average than those who didn't.

Good call on the creatine...

and, I have to throw this in, because you did...

I read in Muscle and Fitness that if I do this crazy 3 a day 4 body part split for 12 weeks I can gain 30 pounds in 9 days!

--Gotta love M+F...

where's the ANIMAL MAGAZINE?

likwit06
11-27-07, 5:15 pm
Hey whats going on fellas, i've been on a bulk for about almost about 2 years now. Im weighing in about 215 and i am 6'0 tall. I am going to start dieting this upcoming year and cutting of course. I was trying to get any suggestions. My main quetion is if i should still use creatine monohydrate during this new season. I was also getting ready to put a fat burner. I am currently taking animal pak, and universal creatine monohydrate. im thinking about putting in animal cuts. But is that okay to incorperate with creatine. Any other suggestions all are welcome. thanks.

Long live the animal!! yeaaaa!!

JMC
11-27-07, 5:21 pm
I searched for "creatine while cutting" and came up with four pages of threads...some relevant, some not....hit those up first.

http://forum.animalpak.com/search.php?searchid=358530

ShaqFu
11-27-07, 5:21 pm
As far as I know, and brothas correct me if I'm wrong, creatine is definitely not a problem on a cut. I heard of studies showing that 5-10g of creatine can help in fat loss, along with whey and maybe a fat burner. So yea man, keep up the creatine as long as you're drinking alotta water otherwise its useless and ure kidneys are going to hate you. I've been using Universal Storm for my creatine and I've seen great results on a cut. Hope this helps. Peace.
ShaqFu

likwit06
11-27-07, 10:44 pm
alright thanx a lot guys. so far so good stuff. ive been doing my reasearch and it looks like i am going to get on a creatine.

Seifer
11-27-07, 11:44 pm
For those who take C Mono, how do you take it on say... a Keto diet, since ur supposed to mix it with a sugary drink?

I take Pump, wont train w/out it, so i get mine that way, but just curious how you get your Creatine if you are on a keto diet

stumblin54
11-28-07, 2:00 am
Creatine on a cut is fine, pump works very well too.

Stumblin

Seifer
11-28-07, 11:54 pm
Yeah, but i've heard over and over that you gotta drink your C with a sugary juice of some sort for it to be absorbed properly. How do those who take plain ole C mono , while on a no-carb cut, take their Creatine?

Again , just curious. I get mine from Pump, but I've always wondered what the other folks did.

Toni69
11-29-07, 2:53 am
Im getting ready for a show...13 weeks out now and I still use storm pre-wo till Im about 4-6 weeks out. If your just cutting for your own personal reasons, storm is fine all the way through. I find little water retention on it and it really helps maintain lean muscle and strength. Plus storm tastes great! I mix it with the EAA's..or BCAA's..your call.

mex.i.can
11-29-07, 9:22 am
For those who take C Mono, how do you take it on say... a Keto diet, since ur supposed to mix it with a sugary drink?

I take Pump, wont train w/out it, so i get mine that way, but just curious how you get your Creatine if you are on a keto diet

if you are on a keto diet, stop taking creatine. i recently got on a keto diet with the help of pizzalamp. before i started the keto, i used to drink big ant's cocktail consisting of 42oz water, 2.5g creatine ethyl ester, 10g glutamine, 10g bcaa, a scoop of storm, and fill the rest of the 64oz bottle with pedialyte. pizza recommended that i stop taking the creatine, storm, and pedialyte because of carbs and sugars that can take you out of ketosis. now, i only put the 10g glutamine and 10g bcaa in 64oz of water. hope this helps.

krazyassmexican
11-29-07, 9:30 am
keep taking animal pump
or go ahead and get some storm

that's the best you can do

Seifer
11-30-07, 12:18 am
hah i'll never stop taking Pump unless they quit makin it.

ChandlerXJ
12-01-07, 11:50 am
I don't think creatine should be that big of a problem. If you're dieting for a show, if you're lean enough it shouldn't really matter. I'll ask big ant.

spyderman4g63
12-03-07, 12:05 am
if you are on a keto diet, stop taking creatine. i recently got on a keto diet with the help of pizzalamp. before i started the keto, i used to drink big ant's cocktail consisting of 42oz water, 2.5g creatine ethyl ester, 10g glutamine, 10g bcaa, a scoop of storm, and fill the rest of the 64oz bottle with pedialyte. pizza recommended that i stop taking the creatine, storm, and pedialyte because of carbs and sugars that can take you out of ketosis. now, i only put the 10g glutamine and 10g bcaa in 64oz of water. hope this helps.

Aren't all the carbs coming from the pedialyte though? I don't think just plain creatine mono has any carbs. Storm has <1g per serving.

Seifer
12-03-07, 12:12 am
it doest have carbs, but people add carbs because it 'shuttles' it to the places it needs to go better with sugar.

Hence, my question.

simpleguy
12-03-07, 8:18 am
on a cut, supps like storm or pump are much more effective than creatine mono... because they use ALA (or krALA), which maximizes insulin efficiency without rising its levels

Terranova1340
01-20-08, 6:05 pm
I know this has been discussed before I just cannot find the thread. Some times I hate the search function... I did do a google search and got mixed results.

My question isn't just is it okay to take creatine while cutting.. I would assume yes its okay, my question is should you take creatine while using Animal Cuts...

My thinking is Creatine helps your muscles hold water while animal cuts helps to burn fat and remove water.... so it seems like it would be silly to use them both, however it also seems it might be benificial as creatine may help preserve lean mass when dieting down.

What do you guys think?

simpleguy
01-20-08, 11:44 pm
if it's a good quality creatine like pump or storm you should be fine

RenegadeRows
01-21-08, 12:11 am
well I have read mixed reviews about this. I read articles that say excessive caffeine negates the effects of creatine, I read articles that say it helped the creatine, and then I read some that said there the two dont have effects on each other. In my humble opinion, because there is no set research showing solid proof one way or the other, I try to take them on different cycles.

Terranova1340
01-21-08, 8:16 am
well I have read mixed reviews about this. I read articles that say excessive caffeine negates the effects of creatine, I read articles that say it helped the creatine, and then I read some that said there the two dont have effects on each other. In my humble opinion, because there is no set research showing solid proof one way or the other, I try to take them on different cycles.

I have read pretty much the same as you Renegade.

I find what I read though to be very skewed... looked at from only one angle, I know many people do not even cycle creatine.... I always have as I belive in your body adjusting to something.... because if your body didn't adjust then how would you get stronger.... so I see where your coming from with the idea of the cycle off the creatine when you cycle onto cuts. It makes sense....... I think thats what I am going to do and I will just see how it goes.... if any one else has any input on this topic let me know I'm interested as I am sure others are as they say for every person who asks a question there are at least a few more to afraid to ask.

RenegadeRows
01-21-08, 8:35 am
yeah dude, I know there is no need to cycle storm (if that is the creatine you are talking about). But it is good to take time off any supplement from time to time to give your body some time to rest up from it.

simpleguy
01-21-08, 8:39 am
there are a few threads about this one... personnally I only take two-three weeks of from creatine once or twice a year

also I doubt the creatine will interfere with the caffeine as long as you're drinking enough water

Terranova1340
01-21-08, 8:45 am
I've been taking just regular old Creatinine Mono and mixing it with a little grape juice.... I wasn't aware of the fact that you don't have to cycle storm. I was under the impression all creatine needed to be cycled. Either way no biggie that is some good info though, If I didn't have such a large container of creatine mono left I would prolly pick up some storm....

Wasteland
01-21-08, 9:15 am

I've cut using Cuts/Pump, didn't have a problem at all. There was a controversial study that came out years about talking about the deletrious effects of using caffeine/creatine, but it was a problematic study. Remember, the early landmark creatine studies were administered using beverages with caffeine in them. Also keep in the mind the differences between intra- and extra-cellular water.

i9ub
01-21-08, 11:32 am
You'll be just fine.

I have done tons of research on taking caffeine and creatine together as well, as caffeine is a vice of mine. Long story short, they are fine to take together.

The only thing I would suggest is to drink a bit more water if you're using creatine and Cuts simultaneously.

Bulldozin727
01-21-08, 11:58 am
My only advice to you would be if you are using a creatine like Pump or Storm along with cuts then make sure you spread out the time between consumption to avoid over stimulation. I made the mistake of taking both too close together and it made me feel like my heart was gonna explode. Pump's Energy Rush complex combined with all the caffeine from Cuts was a little too much. Hope this helps! Be Easy Brother, Peace- Nick

RenegadeRows
01-21-08, 2:13 pm
man if you are over 21, just stack m.stak or stak 2 with cuts and watch the muscle growth begin.

staudt
06-02-08, 3:54 pm
would taking 5g creatine monohydrate a day have any negative effects during a cut?

simpleguy
06-02-08, 3:57 pm
no

Iron4Life
06-02-08, 4:08 pm
nah man, it will help keep your strength up, but be prepared to hold some water, which if on a "cut" is something i prefer to avoid...just my two cents though

sanga
06-02-08, 4:11 pm
It may look like you are smoothing out at times, maybe not on that low dose but if you do it will be water retention so nothing too much to worry about, a lot of people mistaken it for adding fat.

T. Kemble
06-02-08, 11:44 pm
a more superior form of creatine such as esterfied (CEE) or pretty much any minimal water retention creatine (anything aside from creatine loaded with dextrose or simple sugars) will be of benefit to you on your cut. It will help you keep your pump longer and help your muscles appear fuller without adversely effecting your body fat loss.

- TEK

simpleguy
06-02-08, 11:55 pm
any type of creatine is beneficial for your cut, countless studies (I think 60 or more) show that actually creatine helps a bit with fat loss... first of all by increasing lbm

priority
06-03-08, 10:04 am
i would take creatine when on a cut more so than any other time, as you reduce carbs energy levels decline, and the creatine can help with your energy and keep you going to get them extra few reps.
Take it

broomellk
06-03-08, 2:25 pm
Don't worry about the water retention, it's intracellular.

miketyson789
10-23-08, 1:06 pm
should i be taking creatine products on a cut?
or would this make me look soft

On Letting Go
10-23-08, 1:33 pm
Creatine is beneficial to take while cutting. It draws water into the muscles, reducing the amount subcutaneous fluid (between skin and muscle), which will make your skin look tighter and your muscles look more full.

GJN5002
10-23-08, 4:28 pm
as long as you arent doing keto, if you use creatine with really low carbs its useless in my opinion

sanga
10-23-08, 4:40 pm
Not so in my experience,I drink Storm every w/out, so do a fair few others, Ox even, Storm is the business.

TheDarkHalf
10-24-08, 9:33 am
Not so in my experience,I drink Storm every w/out, so do a fair few others, Ox even, Storm is the business.

FTW.

simpleguy
10-24-08, 9:55 am
as long as you arent doing keto, if you use creatine with really low carbs its useless in my opinion

it works better with carbs, but doesn't mean it won't work... carbohydrates are the best cell volumizers though stuff like creatine, N.O. do help...

I don't remember the exact numbers in studies, but I think creatine is somehwere around 40% or so more effective when taken with carbs, but still it works even without them, just not as good

GJN5002
10-27-08, 4:22 pm
haha isnt creatine a magical substance, there are so many theories on how it does and doesnt work. Generally when I go very low carb I feel like it doesnt work as well for me but thats just me. I also cycle off creatine every few months for a few weeks which some people think is dumb but oh well. Everyones got their theories.

simpleguy
10-28-08, 10:53 am
haha isnt creatine a magical substance, there are so many theories on how it does and doesnt work. Generally when I go very low carb I feel like it doesnt work as well for me but thats just me. I also cycle off creatine every few months for a few weeks which some people think is dumb but oh well. Everyones got their theories.

actually we're kinda on the same line... that's what I said, it doesn't work as well without carbs...

btw I cycle creatine as well :)

pfelder
06-02-09, 2:10 pm
long time since i have posted anything but i need some advise. i am working to cut some fat off my body for summer season. doing it nice and slow without any cutting agents. i have been taking my pak and including high protein into my diet. i have known about the effects of creatine for gaining overall body weight and lean muscle mass, but what about for losing body fat. i want to keep up the lean muscle mass that i have but help drop some of the body fat. looking to stack my pak, universal creatine, and have a high protein diet. any advise on this?

Cstlfx
06-02-09, 2:41 pm
Its fine to use creatine while losing weight. You'll still retain some water, but if you're not going into a contest, that will be fine.

There were a couple of articles in Muscular Development that stated creatine will aid in boosting your metabolism. I think it was due to more water being in the muscles, the better your body was able to use nutrients. Something along those lines. But bottom line, using creatine while trying to lose fat wont hinder your progress.

weedlewott
06-02-09, 3:10 pm
Good post p. I'm sure a lot of people are asking the same questions, just don't wanna post. I've never heard of Creatine hindering weight loss. I'm taking it myself and am still dropping, so I don't see how it would. Thanks for the reference Cstlfx. have to look that one up.

pfelder
06-02-09, 3:29 pm
thanks for the replies. but what about this. with the new natural sterol complex out, should that also be considered. would a stk of nsc, pak, and high protein provide better results compared to a stak of pak, creatine, and high protein?

mahscles
06-02-09, 4:05 pm
use something like pump thats a good quality creatine and u will be fine bro. u may smooth from water retention but water isnt hard to lose around competition if u use something like cuts.

pfelder
06-02-09, 4:09 pm
i know that there would be water retain while using creatine, so should i up my cardio output while taking it be help not store extra water that is not needed. i try to get 15 to 20 minutes each workout after pushing iron. i want to keep my muscle mass up but i want to lose the extra body fat for the summer. what do you think?

Renji007
06-02-09, 4:26 pm
any type of creatine is beneficial for your cut, countless studies (I think 60 or more) show that actually creatine helps a bit with fat loss... first of all by increasing lbm

so true. Creatine helps the body in many ways. Some of the pre-med guys I talk to in college say that some new studies show it can even help in brain function. I just suggest tweaking the dosage now and then, or just drinking more water if you start to smooth out here and there.

Renji007
06-02-09, 4:32 pm
i know that there would be water retain while using creatine, so should i up my cardio output while taking it be help not store extra water that is not needed. i try to get 15 to 20 minutes each workout after pushing iron. i want to keep my muscle mass up but i want to lose the extra body fat for the summer. what do you think?

I don't know if you're down for this, but when I cut I always score some Nitro and do cardio both in the morning-before breakfast-or with a small meal of eggs so it has no carbs to effect bodyfat loss- for about 20 to 25 min. Then after working out for about 30 min or sometimes less. This'll help out in loosing bodyfat.

Mind you I take a pack of Nitro before doing both sessions, and a hit of storm or pump (which ever happens to be purchased at the time) with them as well. This helps boost my energy so that I can go a bit harder, or longer if need be.

Hope this helped bro. :)

ygbodybuilder10
06-02-09, 6:38 pm
creatine is ok when cutting helps keep ur strength and mucles fiull

pfelder
06-03-09, 12:33 pm
thanks for all the advice. i think i am going to stak the pak, universal creatine( buy one get one free) and whey protein. feel this should be a good stak for keeping up my muscle mass and strength. also this is a decently priced stak which is good because of the hard times that everyone is facing. government needs to have a supplement or health stimulus package, and suplly people with a month of supplements. that would be amazing!!!

Renji007
06-03-09, 1:45 pm
Good choice on the pak bro. Though I also suggest you stock up on eggs, talapia, and chicken. They're really affordable at the moment where I live, Got 2 dozen eggs for 4 bucks at my walmart when they went on sale ^^ And remember, time and patience are the rules of the iron game

Good luck :)

cstmgp
09-28-09, 10:53 pm
I'm cutting about 8 pounds over the next 4 weeks to make fight weight. I'm planning on dropping creatine during the last week if needed, just to help reduce water retention.
How many of you drop creatine all together during a cut?
Shaun

Berzerker
09-28-09, 11:08 pm
i was animal pump for about 3 months i was taking it during my cut, but i decided to just get off it and....bam dropped 4 pounds... yeah itll help achieve the more dry look, but my strength went down just a tad..but im sure everyone has there own experiences and blah blahh

IronWilson
09-28-09, 11:22 pm
If you are specifically trying to cut weight for a fight. Drop the creatine immediately!

Otherwise I would say that you could keep regular old creatine monohydrate if you are using carbs in your cutting diet. If not, creatine imo is pretty useless.

cstmgp
09-28-09, 11:26 pm
Ok, maybe I'll just go ahead and drop it to see what happens, but I'd like to keep an NO. Do you think there is too much creatine in shock therapy, I know it is a small amount.
Shaun

Edit: yes I am Fighting on Nov 7th

Berzerker
09-28-09, 11:41 pm
i think its around 3 grams?? not sure but i know its very comparable to pump!

cstmgp
09-28-09, 11:47 pm
hmm, maybe I'll just pick up some nox3 to hold me over untill after the fight.
Shaun

IronWilson
09-29-09, 9:14 am
Why don't you just take caffeine or drink coffee? NO won't help that much under these circumstances and 3 grams of creatine is enough to make you hold water. Caffeine is also a natural diuretic.

Lightnin'
09-29-09, 9:18 am
i think its around 3 grams?? not sure but i know its very comparable to pump!

that's about how much is in Pump, and ethyl ester shouldn't make you retain water.

GJN5002
09-29-09, 10:19 am
Drop the creatine and pick up some beta alanine instead. i twill help with muscle endurance and there is no bloat assoaciated with beta alanine. If youre trying to drop water weight I wouldnt use creatine.

Big Calves
07-02-10, 12:24 am
Ok so I didn't know if this would go in the paks or in the diet form so if I'm wrong then sorry!

I've read that its best to take creatine with 50g of protein and 50g of carbs so the huge insulin boost would help it get absorbed. Well I only eat carbs with 3 meals out of 6-9 meals(52g, 27g, 52g carbs). So should I take three 10g of it with those meals for loading or should I just take 5g with each meal. Or 10g first thing in the morning and after workout and 5g with 2 other meals?! My head hurts! Also when do YOU take your creatine after loading?

adidas
07-02-10, 7:31 am
don't waste your time "loading"....take 3-5g a day. period. it doesnt matter when and it won't matter what you take it with. You'd be fine taking it with your breakfast...

PORTERHOUSE
07-02-10, 7:49 am
Telling you to "load" creatine is just a technique the companies have come up with to separate you from you cash. Like adidas said, 3-5 g a day should do you fine.