PDA

View Full Version : Torrent: The Definitive PWO Shake

BigAnt
03-26-07, 3:35 pm
Took this kick-ass post workout drink..AND I LOVE IT!

Torrent is the fastest absorbing protein (20g of protein) and has a killer cherry taste. The fast absorption rate is a good thing for after a workout.

Remember right after a workout you need more carbs for replenishment and a small amount of protein, than, one hour later you need more protein and moderate carbs (depending on your goals or diet stage)

And before Torrent I took (like every other lifter) whey protein, dextrose and glutamine. And I was bloated..VERY BLOATED. You see Torrent has this Waxy Maize Starch. Waxy Maize Starch (WMS) passes through the stomach very fast and will not cause you to get bloated or have gas like other products...and WMS IS ALSO THE BEST FOR glycogen replenishment!

Anybody else try it?

Ricky P
03-26-07, 3:42 pm
BigAnt, I haven't tried Torrent, but I also hear nothing but good things about it. I actually purchased a tub of Real Gains last night, in bulking mode, but I'm going to need something for when I cut and Torrent is toward the top of the list. My only question is, I normally take in about 40-50 grams of protein after a workout, and Torrent has 20 grams in three scoops. How do you account for the rest of your PWO protein intake?

spartan300
03-26-07, 3:50 pm

Torrent is the fastest absorbing protein (20g of protein) and has a killer cherry taste. The fast absorption rate is a good thing for after a workout.

Remember right after a workout you need more carbs for replenishment and a small amount of protein, than, one hour later you need more protein and moderate carbs (depending on your goals or diet stage)

And before Torrent I took (like every other lifter) whey protein, dextrose and glutamine. And I was bloated..VERY BLOATED. You see Torrent has this Waxy Maize Starch. Waxy Maize Starch (WMS) passes through the stomach very fast and will not cause you to get bloated or have gas like other products...and WMS IS ALSO THE BEST FOR glycogen replenishment!

Anybody else try it?

Okay Big Ant in your opinion is it time to drop da' lava and get with Torrent? Remember answer wisely Big Brother (universal rep) is watching.

BigAnt
03-26-07, 4:01 pm
BigAnt, I haven't tried Torrent, but I also hear nothing but good things about it. I actually purchased a tub of Real Gains last night, in bulking mode, but I'm going to need something for when I cut and Torrent is toward the top of the list. My only question is, I normally take in about 40-50 grams of protein after a workout, and Torrent has 20 grams in three scoops. How do you account for the rest of your PWO protein intake?

Hey buddy;

Just me speaking now...I am off-season now so I use Torrent after my last set of an exercise and also take more sugar with it (ask Punisher) he stole some of my dried mango slices after we worked out last week... You see, the body needs sugars (cabs) after training..but don't think that tastycakes and snickers are going to do it....the 20 grams of protein for post workout is just enough to hold me over until I get home, than I throw down some lean red meat veggies and potatoes.

When I am pre-contest I will still use Torrent but stop the dried fruit...post workout

Hope this is clear for you....

ctgblue
03-26-07, 4:02 pm
My only question is, I normally take in about 40-50 grams of protein after a workout, and Torrent has 20 grams in three scoops. How do you account for the rest of your PWO protein intake?

I just add another scoop of WP Iso to the shake
it'll all mix well in a shaker cup too
I've been making a similar mix for myself for about a year now
this stuff works great

Ricky P
03-26-07, 4:02 pm
Sounds good, thanks for the info! If only Snickers helped pack on muscle.... Haha.

Punisher
03-26-07, 4:06 pm
Hey buddy;

Just me speaking now...I am off-season now so I use Torrent after my last set of an exercise and also take more sugar with it (ask Punisher) he stole some of my dried mango slices after we worked out last week... You see, the body needs sugars (cabs) after training..but don't think that tastycakes and snickers are going to do it....the 20 grams of protein for post workout is just enough to hold me over until I get home, than I throw down some lean red meat veggies and potatoes.

When I am pre-contest I will still use Torrent but stop the dried fruit...post workout

Soo since i am cutting shoudl I stop the dried fruit??? it was a good idea and it tasted good too I am adding it into my pwo regimen unless you say otherwise

BigAnt
03-26-07, 4:09 pm
Okay Big Ant in your opinion is it time to drop da' lava and get with Torrent? Remember answer wisely Big Brother (universal rep) is watching.

Hey Spartan;

I am a very different bodybuilder..I READ EVERYTHING BEFORE I TRY SOME THING...AND THIS IS ALL GOOD!

What is da'lava?

I was using what everbody else uses since Moses was an altar boy (dextrose-glutamine and whey protein)

Again, I was bloated and had a little gas-- LOL

But with Torrent, it gives me no bloat and has a sweet cherry taste..mixes real easy with cold water in a shaker bottle and guess what, no gas!

Hey you gotta try it for yourself...

brandonA
03-26-07, 4:09 pm
My tub should be on the way and i can't wait....sweet.....
-B

spartan300
03-26-07, 4:23 pm
Hey Spartan;

I am a very different bodybuilder..I READ EVERYTHING BEFORE I TRY SOME THING...AND THIS IS ALL GOOD!

What is da'lava?

I was using what everbody else uses since Moses was an altar boy (dextrose-glutamine and whey protein)

Again, I was bloated and had a little gas-- LOL

But with Torrent, it gives me no bloat and has a sweet cherry taste..mixes real easy with cold water in a shaker bottle and guess what, no gas!

Hey you gotta try it for yourself...

Da' Lava is actually just Lava. I'am shocked my friend that you do not know this wonderful Universal product. It has been around a few years. Maybe you should try this before you put all your protein powders in one basket.(LOL)

naturalguy
03-26-07, 4:31 pm
Just got mine. The product is excellent, tastes great and a fantastic formula. Post workout nutrition made easy.

ctgblue
03-26-07, 4:33 pm
Sounds good, thanks for the info! If only Snickers helped pack on muscle.... Haha.

OH THEY DO!

I know guys who've gotten HYUGE Abs from the snickers diet :D

Ricky P
03-26-07, 4:34 pm
Hahaha, when I need huge abs, I'll turn to Snickers for supplements. Right now I'll stick to what I'm doing, haha, seems to be working a bit better.

BigAnt
03-26-07, 4:42 pm
Soo since i am cutting shoudl I stop the dried fruit??? it was a good idea and it tasted good too I am adding it into my pwo regimen unless you say otherwise

Damn big boy stop the Burger King!

Seriously, a little sugar post workout is Ok, again, depends what stage you are in, Torrent has the WMS and that is a killer mix, save the dried fruit-fruit-pop tarts for the off season, but when we train together next, bring some sugars for me !

BigAnt
03-26-07, 4:47 pm
Da' Lava is actually just Lava. I'am shocked my friend that you do not know this wonderful Universal product. It has been around a few years. Maybe you should try this before you put all your protein powders in one basket.(LOL)

ok LAVA..."DA" THEW ME OFF.....Crazy a$$ names for supps. out there, thought this was one... from a take-off

LAVA is a instantized whey protein that contains glutamine and creatine !

BigAnt
03-26-07, 4:48 pm

LOL...SHIT My kitchen cabinets look like a Universal-Animal show room..ask Punisher!

Always use the best....

NickSP
03-26-07, 5:26 pm
Torrent's damn good stuff, I stack it like I would any other PWO....Nitro/gatorade powder right after WO, Torrent about a half hour later....so yeah, I get some more sugars too. Use lots of water - shit I damn near filled my shaker for one and a half scoops and just did that twice.

BigAnt
03-26-07, 5:39 pm
Torrent's damn good stuff, I stack it like I would any other PWO....Nitro/gatorade powder right after WO, Torrent about a half hour later....so yeah, I get some more sugars too. Use lots of water - shit I damn near filled my shaker for one and a half scoops and just did that twice.

Nick on heavy (heavier) days and bigger body parts (back-legs) try torrent 1st right after your last set and nitro 30-45 minutes later and post how you feel that night and the following day!

OK?

Freakshow
03-26-07, 5:50 pm
Damn Ant...you got me real excited about Torrent now bro...Fortunately, I have a tub on its way to me right now...cant wait to try it.

NickSP
03-26-07, 5:53 pm
Nick on heavy (heavier) days and bigger body parts (back-legs) try torrent 1st right after your last set and nitro 30-45 minutes later and post how you feel that night and the following day!

OK?

You've got it Ant,...I've got legs Thurs and I plan on going big so I'll do it then. Do I still get to take my Nitro with gatorade? :/

BigAnt
03-26-07, 5:54 pm
Damn Ant...you got me real excited about Torrent now bro...Fortunately, I have a tub on its way to me right now...cant wait to try it.

It is very good stuff...remember right after your last set, down it!

Post on here after you try it!

NickSP
03-26-07, 5:55 pm
Freak you should absolutely be excited about it

BigAnt
03-26-07, 5:57 pm
You've got it Ant,...I've got legs Thurs and I plan on going big so I'll do it then. Do I still get to take my Nitro with gatorade? :/

Yeah Nick, Torrent with a lot of ice water soon as you finish your last set, I mean soon as your hands leave the barbell, throw it down....

Than 35-45 minutes later Gatorade with Nitro.

I am going to call you Gatorade boy ! LOL

I am addicted to Gatorade!

BigAnt
03-26-07, 6:03 pm
Ok boys and girls, got my Torrent in my shaker cup, BCAA'S, Vit. C and regular aminos....my black nike gym clothes, and off to kill calves-abs and chest.

Will be back on after 8:00pm

Ant

NickSP
03-26-07, 6:07 pm
Yeah Nick, Torrent with a lot of ice water soon as you finish your last set, I mean soon as your hands leave the barbell, throw it down....

Ice water huh? Not sure where I'm gonna get ice water in the gym, but I'll see what I can do. And that's what I try to do with my GATORADE, when I rerack the last weight I run downstairs get my bottle, fill it up and head back to my bag where my can of Nitro is.
lol it's my one source of sugars. A moderate amount pre-WO with Pump, 60 g with Nitro PWO, and usually a little bit more with my whey 30 mins later. Between that, my EFA supp, and joint supp, I can pick up half of my arsenal at wal-mart when I need em lol My roommate knows about all the shit I take, so one day he walks in with a big box of gatorade (pre-bottled) and I was like uhh how much did you buy and he said that box was it, I was like good cause that's a shit load of sugars. He looks at me and points out how much I fuckin take and I was like no, no, gatorade powder good, that shit's bad, completely different formulas, THIS is what you want before and after a workout. He was like oh....cause that's why I got it (meaning because he saw I used so much) sorry for the long post.....the end.

born0withno0soul
03-26-07, 11:58 pm
i understand this product has many more ingredeints than just creatine, but would this be a recommended product since i will just be pissing away the creatine?

Punisher
03-27-07, 12:07 am
i understand this product has many more ingredeints than just creatine, but would this be a recommended product since i will just be pissing away the creatine?

What do you mean piss away the creatine??

born0withno0soul
03-27-07, 12:11 am
im a creatine non-responder. i cant even gain water-retention from it.

"6"
03-27-07, 12:38 am
Omg this sounds so good. Especially the part about it being bloat-free. I'm so gonna get it and experiment with it. I'll try adding some dextrose to it and taking it with my nitro. Then a protein shake 30 to 45 minutes after. What are your thoughts on this bros?

I just ordered mine. Coming in about a week. Can't wait for it.

brandonA
03-27-07, 12:41 pm

Yo BigAnt....
i do cardio right after i lift, slam the torrent then do the cardio?
-B

Reacher34
03-27-07, 1:11 pm
Just to add my two cents, mine is coming in tomorrow and i cant wait to incorporate it into my diet.
If it works half as well as the hype says, it may become a staple.

Punisher
03-27-07, 1:28 pm
Yo BigAnt....
i do cardio right after i lift, slam the torrent then do the cardio?
-B

Cardio then Torrent

brandonA
03-27-07, 1:56 pm
Cardio then Torrent

Thanks Punisher....BigAnt said right after you drop the bar, so just wanted to dbl check...i slam my typ pwo shake at the casa after my work out, the torrent will abe a traveling buddy....how fast do you drink it...i guess you are supposed to sip your protein, ( i try but usally end up slamming it). do you sip the torrent, over like 10 min, or down the hatch?
-B

BigAnt
03-27-07, 4:41 pm
Thanks Punisher....BigAnt said right after you drop the bar, so just wanted to dbl check...i slam my typ pwo shake at the casa after my work out, the torrent will abe a traveling buddy....how fast do you drink it...i guess you are supposed to sip your protein, ( i try but usally end up slamming it). do you sip the torrent, over like 10 min, or down the hatch?
-B

Yeah what Punisher said LOL...I thought you did cardio on seperate days or early in the am...MY BAD!

BigAnt
03-27-07, 4:52 pm

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

How is your diet?

Are you over training?

What is your sleep like?

Creatine is IN meat, mainly found in red meat. Creatine is manufactured naturally in the body from the amino acids glycine, arginine, and methionine. This process takes place in the kidneys, liver, and pancreas.

Those who remember or have read about Arnold and his "crew" throwing down a lot of steaks in the 70's where getting a lot of protein and creatine!

Mikey J
03-27-07, 5:28 pm

i was the same way w/ creatine at first, and finally tried it again...my problem was i was not drinking nearly enough water....and when i tried again i been drinking atleast a gallon a day, and thats not including water i mixed in w/ creatnie products and shakes and so on....took about 3 weeks but i did gain so weight (i imagine all water weight) but i was able to move some more weight...just my two cents on creatine

JUGGERNAUT
03-27-07, 6:44 pm
TORRENT Good shit and I swear it has helped me recover faster

Reacher34
03-29-07, 6:06 pm
Just got mine and tried it yesterday guys. I love it! (1)The flavor rocks; (2)I dont feel full at all after drinking it, it was as if i just drank water; and (3) i trust universal to cover all the bases, i'm confident that was fighting off the postworkout catabolism. As for results, time will tell. I killed back last night and i'm not too sore yet. It usually takes two days for the soreness to kick in for me, so we'll see. I'm excited tho!

Ricky P
03-29-07, 6:26 pm
Hey Rep, they workin' on any new flavors since Torrent is getting so much pub.?!

Mr.Totality
03-30-07, 9:02 am

Wow, I am trying nitro for the first time very soon, and you suggest gatorade with it? Or would any other fruit juice suffice?

NickSP
03-30-07, 11:19 am
Well the formula gatorade made for the powder brings dextrose in to the mix rather than high-fructose corn syrup like is in the pre-bottled...so basically taking em together is very much like taking Nitro G

brandonA
03-30-07, 11:42 am
Got home last night and there it was sitting by the door..a care package from j-dawg and universial......yea (in a little jonh voice)....Torrent...smells great..pop my pump and haul ass to the gym...sholders, tris, cardio...torrent waiting for me in the truck...ice cold water from the fountian....mixes clean...tastes awsome...drank it while i drove home...felt relaxed and calm...but ready to go back to the gym....this morning i have no fatigue in my sholders or arms...well see abou the soreness tomarrow...so far im in love..

-B

naturalguy
03-30-07, 12:00 pm
Took my first serving of Torrent yesterday and I must say it's delicious. A great formula that tastes great and is priced great. Universal hit another home run!

LegDay_UKIGS
03-30-07, 1:46 pm
I ordered it about 3 days ago... It'll probably take 2-3 weeks to get out here... so guys, from what I read, this is how my supps should run... Pak w/ meal 1... Stak 2 30 mins prior, the torrent right aftewards... and nitro 30mins after that?? I ordered pump... when should that come into the mix?
-LegDay

focused
03-30-07, 1:57 pm
I ordered it about 3 days ago... It'll probably take 2-3 weeks to get out here... so guys, from what I read, this is how my supps should run... Pak w/ meal 1... Stak 2 30 mins prior, the torrent right aftewards... and nitro 30mins after that?? I ordered pump... when should that come into the mix?
-LegDay

Pak with breakfast, or meal of your choice, stak 2 30 min before workout, nitro DIRECTLY after workout, torrent 30 min after nitro. you wanna take nitro right after for that window of opportunity, and all that other good stuff, then torrent about 25-30 min after nitro.

G Diesel
03-30-07, 3:04 pm
-LegDay

I'd go with Pak in the AM with breakfast, Stak2 45 mins preworkout, Pump 15 mins preworkout and wash down your Nitro caps with Torrent postworkout. Peace, G

Reacher34
03-31-07, 7:59 pm
Well guys, i've been using it for a few days now and while i still manage to get sore...its no long debilitating. Just enough to remind me that i put in a hard training session. The stuff is SO easy to drink and seems to be working so far....it has my endorsement.

NickSP
04-01-07, 5:02 pm
Wow, just wow.....good call Ant, thanks for the tip.....

BigAnt
04-01-07, 10:36 pm
Glad you like it!

KEEP STRONG!

kev5764
04-02-07, 2:11 am
I just took Torrent for the first time today. It tastes good, mixes easy, and best of all I dont have to take a couple different products after I lift which saves time if your busy. Props to Universal for a great post product at a good price. Now I'm waiting for project m to drop.

LegDay_UKIGS
04-02-07, 4:17 am
I'd go with Pak in the AM with breakfast, Stak2 45 mins preworkout, Pump 15 mins preworkout and wash down your Nitro caps with Torrent postworkout. Peace, G

G, Thanks for the input Bro. That's what I love about this Forvm... gotta question... a fellow animal comes through...
LegDay

"6"
04-03-07, 10:17 am
My Torrent arrived today. Smells great. Can't wait to see what it tastes like tmr after my workout. I'm gonna take it with my Nitro I guess like what G Diesel said. Then 45 minutes later I'll throw down my protein shake. Will update you guys on what I think of it.

G Diesel
04-03-07, 10:36 am
My Torrent arrived today. Smells great. Can't wait to see what it tastes like tmr after my workout. I'm gonna take it with my Nitro I guess like what G Diesel said. Then 45 minutes later I'll throw down my protein shake. Will update you guys on what I think of it.

Can't go wrong with that strategy bro... Let us know how it works out for you. Peace, G

JMC
04-03-07, 11:05 am
Just ordered my first jug yesterday...should get here in a few. I'm usually a little skeptical about new products, but with all the hype here, there's probably something to it huh...can't wait to test that shit out for myself.

Phil800101
04-04-07, 2:20 am
Just ordered my Torrent today. Can't wait to try it out.

I usually take Pump and Nitro pre-workout, and then Nitro post-workout, followed by a shake 45 minutes later. I figure I'll try what G Diesel suggested and take my Torrent with my Nitro as soon as I get done with my workout, followed by my usual shake about 45 minutes later. I'm excited to see what kind of results I can get with this.

"6"
04-04-07, 7:47 am
Just downed my first serving of Torrent with some Nitro. I upped the carb contents with some dextrose. Can't say the taste is amazing, but it's ok considering the ingredients. Universal hit a home run on this product. It goes down real easy and NO BLOAT. I'm lovin it. It really IS like drinking water.

COLE
04-04-07, 11:40 am
Well back to work with the Iron after being sick and off for over a week and felt pretty good. I certainly was not 100% but all in all not to bad. All my lifts felt heavier than normal.

I downed my first dose of Torrent immediately afterwards, 3 scoops in a little over 20oz of H2O. At first I was surprised as it didn't taste as good as I thought it was going to. The smell in dry form just makes me want to eat the stuff but after mixing it and giving it a taste I was a little disappointed. At first it was very bitter (Quality Protein I'm guessing) to me and it smells somewhat like a rotten boiled egg.lol

Aside from the smell after I had downed about a quarter of the amount the taste got better. All in all not to bad considering everything it has in it. I will give it the thumbs up on not feeling bloated like my home made concoction but I like my personal shakes taste much better.

So far I am not experiencing any soreness but I just worked out last night, I will keep you updated on the soreness as the day and into tomorrow progresses.

Now one thing I am considering is throwing in a little of another waxy maize product that I have been using for a little extra carb intake. I normally consume around 70g of carbs PWO. This product has a tropical punch flavor and I will be curious to see what that will do to the taste. I'm not really to concerned so much about the taste if the product works though.

So final conclusion is taste not bad but not great, no bloat, awesome formula with the ingredients that are in it and if I don't get as sore that will be that much better. I will have to say this is a very good product when you look at the big picture as a whole.

I will keep you updated on soreness and any noticeable results from now until I complete my first tub of Torrent. For the record I will be using Pump Pre Workout as usual and on days I don't lift I will substitute Pump with 5-10g of Creatine Mono and 3-6g of L-Arginine powder, my norm.

Note: I wrote this tuesday and posted it here today. My workout was Monday Night.

COLE
04-04-07, 11:48 am
Well here is an update on soreness. My chest is sore but not bad at all. I expected to become very sore from not being in the gym in over a week. Before my break when I was firing on all cylinders I was getting more soreness than this.

The only thing that I have changed is the fact that I have used Torrent after this workout. So as far as recovery, Two thumbs up Brothers

dnise
04-04-07, 5:36 pm
I ordered my Torrent today! Now I'm gonna be like a little kid at christmas time for the next couple days waiting to see the box when I get home.

Freakshow
04-04-07, 5:54 pm
Just ordered my first jug yesterday...should get here in a few. I'm usually a little skeptical about new products, but with all the hype here, there's probably something to it huh...can't wait to test that shit out for myself.

You will not be dissapointed bro. Torrent is quickly becoming my new favorite supplement. FreakShow

brent6969
04-05-07, 10:58 am
where do i get this stuff? sounds awsome!!

G Diesel
04-05-07, 11:02 am

Most online e-tailers like BB.com or DPS currently have it available at or around wholesale prices. Peace, G

JMC
04-05-07, 11:02 am

Any wholesaler, at universalnutrition.com, I order from DPS personally

NickSP
04-05-07, 11:44 am
A little off topic, but I order from DPS sometimes (usually supplementwarehouse if I can cause they take 5% off the lowest price you can find) and does anyone know what the hell it stands for? haha

JMC
04-05-07, 11:47 am
No idea...I just love those guys though...and their free t-shirts and shakers!

BigDaddy21
04-25-07, 12:55 am
just ordered ST, Storm and Torrent :) i have a question with the storm and torrent... can i mix the storm and torrent together? or should i wait 30 minutes after i down the Torrent immediately after a wo? thnx boys....can't wait for this killer stack....

...also if anyone has tried this stack or something like it along the animal/universal line, tell me how ya liked it fellas!

mike aka bigdaddy

G Diesel
04-25-07, 10:14 am
just ordered ST, Storm and Torrent :) i have a question with the storm and torrent... can i mix the storm and torrent together? or should i wait 30 minutes after i down the Torrent immediately after a wo? thnx boys....can't wait for this killer stack....

...also if anyone has tried this stack or something like it along the animal/universal line, tell me how ya liked it fellas!

mike aka bigdaddy

Using all thre of them simultaneously, I'd say either mix Shock Therapy and Storm together preworkout with Torrent solo post or Shock alone pre and Storm mixed with Torrent post. Either one should work perfectly.

At the moment, I'm taking Animal Pump preworkout and 4 scoops of Torrent immediately post. Awesome combo thus far. Peace, G

BigDaddy21
04-25-07, 4:54 pm
G, you don't think thats too much creatine right? i havent looked up how much creatine that would be (gram wise) combined the storm and torrent. ive been reading and lookin into this for quite sometime now and i see that the average bodybuilder needs roughly 3 grams of creatine/day...and also, your reason for storm not bein taken pre? just wonderin bro....thanks for the advice G, your the man.

Universal Rep
04-25-07, 4:59 pm
G, you don't think thats too much creatine right? i havent looked up how much creatine that would be (gram wise) combined the storm and torrent. ive been reading and lookin into this for quite sometime now and i see that the average bodybuilder needs roughly 3 grams of creatine/day...and also, your reason for storm not bein taken pre? just wonderin bro....thanks for the advice G, your the man.

You could stack Torrent and Storm just like you can with House's Mass Stack of Pump/Torrent.

Just don't double up on the Storm dosage. A single serving will be more than enough. I'm sure G will chime in here as well.

BigDaddy21
04-25-07, 5:03 pm
thanks U rep. my only reason if i were to take storm pre is for a better pump. it says its has no excellerator so i was thinkin that witht the ST means skin tight pumps babyy. maybe i got too excited and read wrong. but that would be my only reason for doin so.

G Diesel
04-25-07, 5:04 pm

I mean, I've taken up to 20g a day in the past with no negative effects... I would think that combo would provide maybe 10-12g in divided doses which should be fine. Along with Torrent and Shock a single serving of Storm should be plenty. Peace, G

BigDaddy21
04-25-07, 5:22 pm
answered all my questions...thanks bro, i think ill pump next have my sample got it yesterday. savin it for my arm day....nothing like balloon bis and tris :)
woooooooooo.... talk to ya later G

bigdaddy outtt

mattf
04-25-07, 11:41 pm
I got my Torrent today, been stacking pak,pump, nitro, and m-stak. I have to say i have only been on Torrent 1 day so i cant speak about the results but it tastes great. Cant get enough of Universal/Animal products, always reliable. thanks animals train hard!

hjayss
04-27-07, 7:44 am
I was thinkin of just buying the wm alone, but been reading and it is good to have it with protein likt torrent has really good for pulling the water from under your skin and pumping it to your muscle where you need from research helps you get a real solid lean look gonna give it a try after next pay check.

loiacanoa
04-27-07, 8:44 am
I have heard nothing but good things about Torrent. I do have a question though. Right now my goal is to lose a little bodyfat for the summer, but keep trying to build muscle. I also just got off a creatine cycle not too long ago. I see that the Torrent has creatine in it and the question is will it affect me getting more cut for the summer? I know creatine is notorious for bloating. If someone could answer this question for me that would be greatly appreciated. Either way I will be taking it after summer!

naturalguy
04-27-07, 8:55 am
I have heard nothing but good things about Torrent. I do have a question though. Right now my goal is to lose a little bodyfat for the summer, but keep trying to build muscle. I also just got off a creatine cycle not too long ago. I see that the Torrent has creatine in it and the question is will it affect me getting more cut for the summer? I know creatine is notorious for bloating. If someone could answer this question for me that would be greatly appreciated. Either way I will be taking it after summer!

To answer your question: you should be taking creatine during a cut as it will help you keep your mass and strength. As far as bloating, it shouldn't happen with the forms and amount of creatine in Torrent however if it does bloating has nothing to do with fat loss. Water retention is a temporary thing.

Jaymafin
04-27-07, 8:56 am
[QUOTE=COLE;63432]

I downed my first dose of Torrent immediately afterwards, 3 scoops in a little over 20oz of H2O. At first I was surprised as it didn't taste as good as I thought it was going to. The smell in dry form just makes me want to eat the stuff but after mixing it and giving it a taste I was a little disappointed. At first it was very bitter (Quality Protein I'm guessing) to me and it smells somewhat like a rotten boiled egg.lolQUOTE]

ok so Im not the only one to feel like i was drinking eggs.
I 100% agree with cole on his feedback above. However i cannot remember the last time i ate a bodybuilding meal for taste. All things considered just cuz i didnt lick my chops afterwards means nothing to me.

loiacanoa
04-27-07, 10:55 am
To answer your question: you should be taking creatine during a cut as it will help you keep your mass and strength. As far as bloating, it shouldn't happen with the forms and amount of creatine in Torrent however if it does bloating has nothing to do with fat loss. Water retention is a temporary thing.

Thanks for your help bro!

dawnlouise
04-27-07, 11:29 am
Hey, everyone

I am new on the FORVM. I just started using Shock Therapy and Torrent today - I took the Shock Therapy 30 minutes before my training session as recommended on the packaging and then took my Torrent with me in the gym and starting drinking it just before the end of my workout.

Both taste good so no problems there. Now I am looking forward to posting my positive results on here soon!

I am spending the next 3 months gaining some lean muscle mass as my next comp' is not until October!

Welcome any of your comments/suggestions!

pdiesel
04-27-07, 11:31 am
2 Questions- 1) With Torrent, should I take it on non-workout days or no. 2) Should I be taking 3 scoops or 2? Do you think 2 would have the same affect?

dawnlouise
04-27-07, 11:33 am
Hey,

I don't believe you need to take Torrent on non workout days but others may suggest different.

As for portion size, I have started with two scoops as I am female and probably weight alot less than most of you guys that take it!

Maybe start with two and work your way up to three gradually??

I have read lots of good stuff about these supplements so am going to monitor and chart myself closely!

Universal Rep
04-27-07, 11:38 am
Hey,

I don't believe you need to take Torrent on non workout days but others may suggest different.

As for portion size, I have started with two scoops as I am female and probably weight alot less than most of you guys that take it!

Maybe start with two and work your way up to three gradually??

I have read lots of good stuff about these supplements so am going to monitor and chart myself closely!

Some good advice here... Yes, use Torrent only on training days, immediately PWO. And yes, whenever possible, it's always good to start lower and work up to the recommended use. After all, it is just that--"recommended". It's not set in stone. I know G Diesel varies from the recommended use on Torrent as well.

Welcome aboard D.

Universal Rep
04-27-07, 11:39 am
2 Questions- 1) With Torrent, should I take it on non-workout days or no. 2) Should I be taking 3 scoops or 2? Do you think 2 would have the same affect?

Are you using any other products than contain creatine--especially in the off days? Is meat (beef) a regular part of your diet?

COLE
04-27-07, 11:47 am
[QUOTE=COLE;63432]

I downed my first dose of Torrent immediately afterwards, 3 scoops in a little over 20oz of H2O. At first I was surprised as it didn't taste as good as I thought it was going to. The smell in dry form just makes me want to eat the stuff but after mixing it and giving it a taste I was a little disappointed. At first it was very bitter (Quality Protein I'm guessing) to me and it smells somewhat like a rotten boiled egg.lolQUOTE]

ok so Im not the only one to feel like i was drinking eggs.
I 100% agree with cole on his feedback above. However i cannot remember the last time i ate a bodybuilding meal for taste. All things considered just cuz i didnt lick my chops afterwards means nothing to me.

Believe me Brother, if I were eating for taste I wouldn't be eating the same things day in and day out - eggs, Plain oats, Dry ass chicken, Tuna and Brown Rice. I would be eating pizza, whoppers, French Fries and Ice Cream, if I only worried about taste. Because that shit taste damn good!

Don't mean I have to like the way it taste to eat it though. As long as it does what it is intended to do that is what really matters to me too.

"It takes doing things we do not enjoy, to achieve the things that we do enjoy" ~COLE~

Animal Strong!

JMC
04-27-07, 11:55 am
Some good advice here... Yes, use Torrent only on training days, immediately PWO. And yes, whenever possible, it's always good to start lower and work up to the recommended use. After all, it is just that--"recommended". It's not set in stone. I know G Diesel varies from the recommended use on Torrent as well.

Welcome aboard D.

Yeah...and my wallet will not allow Torrent to be taken on non training days!!! ;-)

COLE
04-27-07, 12:07 pm
Yeah...and my wallet will not allow Torrent to be taken on non training days!!! ;-)

Torrent is much more affordable considering all the ingredients that have been added. I was throwing together my own PWO shake and I bet I was spending twice as much buying all my ingredients separate.

G Diesel
04-27-07, 12:11 pm

Torrent shouldn't cause the pooling of subcutaneous fluid... The WMS and simple carbs along with creatine in Torrent, when taken immediately after training rush fluids and nutrients to the damaged muscle which creates a highly anabolic intramuscular state. Peace, G

Jaymafin
04-27-07, 2:23 pm
[QUOTE=Jaymafin;79397]

Believe me Brother, if I were eating for taste I wouldn't be eating the same things day in and day out - eggs, Plain oats, Dry ass chicken, Tuna and Brown Rice. I would be eating pizza, whoppers, French Fries and Ice Cream, if I only worried about taste. Because that shit taste damn good!

Don't mean I have to like the way it taste to eat it though. As long as it does what it is intended to do that is what really matters to me too.

"It takes doing things we do not enjoy, to achieve the things that we do enjoy" ~COLE~

Animal Strong!

my comment was by no means to bust your ass. Actually it was more hypothetical than anything and spoken in a generality. Your feedback was right on the money. I had to do a double take at my shaker after the first sip, then a extra sniff to make sure I was not losing it.

COLE
04-27-07, 3:57 pm
[QUOTE=COLE;79492]

my comment was by no means to bust your ass. Actually it was more hypothetical than anything and spoken in a generality. Your feedback was right on the money. I had to do a double take at my shaker after the first sip, then a extra sniff to make sure I was not losing it.

I hear ya, Jaymafin. I can picture the look you gave at first because I did the same thing. Even better you should have seen my wifes face after I let her take a smell. And she thought all the eggs I eat were bad!!! lol

squattingtillipuke
04-30-07, 1:25 pm
I am with Cole - didn't really care for the taste...although the last thing I drank prior to this was a strawberry gatorade (which tastes like shit) to wash down my Nitro. I'm gonna give this another try tomorrow without the gatorade and see if it tastes any better.

JMC
04-30-07, 1:36 pm
Torrent is much more affordable considering all the ingredients that have been added. I was throwing together my own PWO shake and I bet I was spending twice as much buying all my ingredients separate.

Yeah I hear ya.
With all you guys on the taste as well. For me it's the aftertaste that's a little bit struggling. No biggie though, knowing I'm getting everything I need, and considering some of the other crap that goes down the hatch, it aint that bad.

G Diesel
04-30-07, 2:12 pm
I'm loving the taste of Torrent... I actually look forward to it postworkout. Reminds me of an Odwalla berry smoothie. Taste is, however, subjective. Peace, G

JMC
04-30-07, 2:16 pm
Yeah I wont bash other companies, but I've tasted some pretty bad shakes before. When I say bad, I mean plug the nose, almost lose it bad.

NickSP
04-30-07, 2:22 pm
Hm, I heard someone mentioning mixing Nitro G with T....might have to try that. A Storm/Nitro 30 mins preWO combo stacked with Torrent/Nitro G PWO, might be expensive as hell for me, but I bet that'd be some good shit. Throw in the new M-Stak 15 mins before Storm/Nitro and that's a hell of a stack

G Diesel
04-30-07, 2:38 pm
Hm, I heard someone mentioning mixing Nitro G with T....might have to try that. A Storm/Nitro 30 mins preWO combo stacked with Torrent/Nitro G PWO, might be expensive as hell for me, but I bet that'd be some good shit. Throw in the new M-Stak 15 mins before Storm/Nitro and that's a hell of a stack

That would be one hell of a combo bro... Give us some feedback if you try it out. Peace, G

BigAnt
05-03-07, 12:06 am

with that combo..you might rip the equipment off the floor!

LegDay_UKIGS
05-03-07, 9:16 am
I just finished my first jug of torrent... since i got it(about one month ago) I gained 6 pounds, feel better in between workouts and lift heavier. Great product...

Phil800101
05-03-07, 3:00 pm
I'm almost done with my first jug of Torrent. Really awesome stuff, I feel like I'm recovering better, and I have noticed strength gains as well. Another winner for Universal/Animal!

Freakshow
05-03-07, 3:19 pm
I'm almost done with my first jug of Torrent. Really awesome stuff, I feel like I'm recovering better, and I have noticed strength gains as well. Another winner for Universal/Animal!

I agree completely.

BigAnt
05-04-07, 7:37 pm
I'm loving the taste of Torrent... I actually look forward to it postworkout. Reminds me of an Odwalla berry smoothie. Taste is, however, subjective. Peace, G

For a treat in the off-season...mix your Torrent with 2 cups of low-fat rainbow sherbert 1/2 pint of strawberries and 6 ice cubes in a blender!

Taste the thickness!

G Diesel
05-07-07, 1:04 pm
For a treat in the off-season...mix your Torrent with 2 cups of low-fat rainbow sherbert 1/2 pint of strawberries and 6 ice cubes in a blender!

Taste the thickness!

Aww man Ant... That sounds wicked. Almost like an anabolic version of a Misto from Rita's Water Ice. Peace, G

o2
05-08-07, 10:30 pm
Mmmm, Torrent tastes great!!!!!!

I use Shock/Torrent

squattingtillipuke
05-10-07, 8:44 am
OK, I have continued to choke it down and I'm getting used to it now...not as bad as when I started. Have also noticed that I have a better recovery time, not as sore the next day and have realy been busting my ass in the gym.

Peace

Mick

ChrisG
05-10-07, 9:09 pm
Just downing my first Torrent shake.. and I'm extremely suprised.. IT TASTES FUCKING AWESOME! To me it tastes just like a berry smoothie.

Kiwi129
05-10-07, 9:15 pm
I don't get how people are "choking it down." It tastes fine to me... just like any other sports supplement would. Maybe I'm used to shitty tasting stuff by now and it actually tastes good. When I even mention eating a protein bar or drinking a shake in front of my family they're like "ewww that stuff tastes horrible" but I actually like the taste now.

loiacanoa
05-10-07, 11:52 pm
Got my first tub of torrent today and I think it tastes great!

AllGloryisFleeting
05-25-07, 10:31 pm
Bruh this stuff is amazing. Tastes like melted rainbow sherbet to me. I love it.

Roland
05-31-07, 8:01 pm
Well this is great I too was very happy today when the mail came from bb.com, with my torrent sitting in it..WOO! Also gonna stak with with the new m-stak and pak, starting tomorrow I will let you all know how I like it and in my journal as well..peace.

Freakshow
05-31-07, 8:04 pm
Well this is great I too was very happy today when the mail came from bb.com, with my torrent sitting in it..WOO! Also gonna stak with with the new m-stak and pak, starting tomorrow I will let you all know how I like it and in my journal as well..peace.

Bro, you are going to love that shit. Thats what I am using right now and it is off the chain. Cant wait to see your results.

DRIVEN
05-31-07, 8:32 pm
Id have to say this has got to be my favorite supp........i love torrent...id like it if they had it in bigger containers tho!! check this if anyone else agrees....

http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=7204&highlight=torrent

DRIVEN

TheOak_akl
05-31-07, 8:36 pm
Torrent is awesome.

ChrisG
05-31-07, 8:40 pm
I'm almost done with my first tub of torrent.. tomorrow it will be all gone.. gotta order some more tonight and get overnight shipping on it.. I freakin love this stuff

Roland
06-01-07, 7:00 pm
Bro, you are going to love that shit. Thats what I am using right now and it is off the chain. Cant wait to see your results.

Bro, you are right, I'm gonna be loving this, today was my first day for Torrent and also m-stak, torrent is very tasty, i dont know why ppl say it tastes like shit, cuz it really tastes good for a damn protein shake. Time to grow, Peace.

ct italian 1
06-05-07, 1:38 pm
never got around to ordering some Torrent, so tonight I will be ordering a tub along w/ the ingrediants for Big Ant's secret workout drink.
I plan on doing:
Pak w/ breakfast
2 uni liver w/ each meal
new Mstak 45min pre with 1/2 c uncooked oats, whole large fresh peach and 1 scoop ON 100% Whey Gold
Pump 20 min pre
Big Ant's secret workout drink (using orange pedialyte, orange bcaa stack, universal l-glutamine, and fruit punch storm during)
Torrent immeadiately after
ZMA 1 hr before bed
ISS Micellar Matrix in 6oz skim milk w/ 2tbsp natural pb 30min before bed

what do you guys think?
and if not using Torrent, 1 scoop ON 100% whey gold, 32oz (3 level scoops) of gatorade powder, and a scoop of l-glutamine.

G Diesel
06-05-07, 1:45 pm
never got around to ordering some Torrent, so tonight I will be ordering a tub along w/ the ingrediants for Big Ant's secret workout drink.
I plan on doing:
Pak w/ breakfast
2 uni liver w/ each meal
new Mstak 45min pre with 1/2 c uncooked oats, whole large fresh peach and 1 scoop ON 100% Whey Gold
Pump 20 min pre
Big Ant's secret workout drink (using orange pedialyte, orange bcaa stack, universal l-glutamine, and fruit punch storm during)
ZMA 1 hr before bed

what do you guys think?
and if not using Torrent, 1 scoop ON 100% whey gold, 32oz (3 level scoops) of gatorade powder, and a scoop of l-glutamine.

Looks like an awesome supp stack cti... Keep us updated on your progress. Peace, G

brandonA
06-05-07, 1:50 pm
Grabbed my tub of Torrent last night...and found that I only had two servings left....saving the last one for legs tonight....and then this morning, ran out of protien....will be eggs and oats post workout for a bit.....gotta do, what you gotta do.....

-B

ct italian 1
06-05-07, 3:34 pm
thanks G, ya I'm gonna give it a shot, only prob. is gonna be the cost haha. what I'm going to do is wait and run down my supp. supply now then when it's time to reorder, reorder all of the above.

DRIVEN
06-05-07, 3:56 pm
I plan on doing:
Pak w/ breakfast
2 uni liver w/ each meal
Pump 20 min pre
ZMA 1 hr before bed

what do you guys think?

yo cti......u spacin ur mstak out from meals? just wonderin cuz i had a problem with getting max effects from it when i mixed too close to meals...

ct italian 1
06-05-07, 7:38 pm
when I ran a cycle of the original, I'd take it w/ a scoop of whey and saw great results. I heard methoxy works even better when your system is flooded w/ aminos at time of use, that's why I take it w/ my pre-workout shake meal.

LooTPacK
06-07-07, 4:05 am
taste great...smells like shit mixed!

but overall great post workout supplement

hjayss
06-07-07, 4:45 am
Got about three more scoops left. Really helps the right amount of everthing from creatine to carb to aminos great stuff no creatine blot. Taste ahhh (alright)smell great when you open the tub have to gulp it down. Pricey though but if you want the best you gotta pay.

DRIVEN
06-07-07, 1:04 pm
This is now in at DPS......go after it fellas...

Whiteseraph86
06-21-07, 4:03 pm
I'm getting ready to order my own tub soon. Can't w8 to try it! Now it's not really a big deal or anything but why is it only 15 servings instead of 16? I work out 4 days a week, so it would be nice to have the xtra serving. Just a note to the people in charge of production or whatever.

DRIVEN
06-21-07, 4:23 pm
the way i see it is that we should be gettin a TUB- realgains size of torrent even mabey! PLEASE!

brandonA
06-21-07, 4:25 pm
the way i see it is that we should be gettin a TUB- realgains size of torrent even mabey! PLEASE!

Shit in a sack like dog food...40lbs...big ass sack of Torrent setting in the corner of the kitchen....yea......

-B

Shark
07-06-07, 4:44 pm
I honestly have to say. Torrent is the one supp which I was actually DREADING to see the bottom of the container.

I would have to say it is tied for first out of my fav supps.

batmanvtx
08-06-07, 7:03 pm
Got my tub o torrent last week and tried it for the first time today. Man is that shit good. I worked out and then downed it. Went on to cardio. Came home and slung down some chicken breast and veggies. Ill wait till after cardio from now on but dam is this stuff great. I beat my triceps and chest into the dirt and drank this and a few hours later I feel a lot better. This is a permanent addition to my arsenal. Thanks Rep for letting me try it out.

Shogun Assassin
09-25-07, 1:54 pm
Ice water huh? Not sure where I'm gonna get ice water in the gym, but I'll see what I can do. And that's what I try to do with my GATORADE, when I rerack the last weight I run downstairs get my bottle, fill it up and head back to my bag where my can of Nitro is.
lol it's my one source of sugars. A moderate amount pre-WO with Pump, 60 g with Nitro PWO, and usually a little bit more with my whey 30 mins later. Between that, my EFA supp, and joint supp, I can pick up half of my arsenal at wal-mart when I need em lol My roommate knows about all the shit I take, so one day he walks in with a big box of gatorade (pre-bottled) and I was like uhh how much did you buy and he said that box was it, I was like good cause that's a shit load of sugars. He looks at me and points out how much I fuckin take and I was like no, no, gatorade powder good, that shit's bad, completely different formulas, THIS is what you want before and after a workout. He was like oh....cause that's why I got it (meaning because he saw I used so much) sorry for the long post.....the end.

are the prebottled gatorades that bad for you? ive been taking them with my creatine on and off for awhile now... what are the main downsides to the prebottled rather than the jug of it?

NickSP
09-25-07, 2:17 pm
what are the main downsides to the prebottled rather than the jug of it?

HIGH-FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP

Phil800101
09-25-07, 2:23 pm
Yeah, powdered gatorade is more or less how the product is meant to be. Pre-bottled is made for taste over function, so that it sells better. Like NickSP said, they make it sweeter with the corn syrup. On the plus side, the tub of powder is cheaper than buying the bottles.

jetskeete
09-29-07, 2:22 am
i have a question about torrent, i just started using shock/storm. I was thinking about adding torrent to my supp. since i am a little short on money from buying pak,shake,shock/storm, would it be smart for me to replace storm with torrent? also is does torrent only have 15 servings? as far as i know both storm and torrent are PWO.

hjayss
09-29-07, 3:10 am
i have a question about torrent, i just started using shock/storm. I was thinking about adding torrent to my supp. since i am a little short on money from buying pak,shake,shock/storm, would it be smart for me to replace storm with torrent? also is does torrent only have 15 servings? as far as i know both storm and torrent are PWO.

I am a torrent fan though great amino profile and the right amount of carbs and the taste is very good mixed with nitro g the shit is flat out amazing...

Shogun Assassin
10-02-07, 4:59 pm
hey i just got a tub of torrent in the mail today but i have a question... on the bottle of Nitro i have, it says to take it immediately following a workout and then wait at least 30-45 mins after to take your workout shake!! how does torrent fit in this equation?? i also like to throw in cardio at the end of the workout so if u could show me the equation of when to take the supps in relation to the activity... aka is it:

workout > torrent > nitro > cardio ?

thanks.

DRIVEN
10-02-07, 5:05 pm
i dont know too much about "Nitro" but i do know that torrent is very good to take immediately after workout, then mabey do some cardio then take ur other stuff. I heard its better to space ur torrent out from other proteins, as torrent absorbs much faster!

JUGGERNAUT
10-02-07, 5:11 pm
hey i just got a tub of torrent in the mail today but i have a question... on the bottle of Nitro i have, it says to take it immediately following a workout and then wait at least 30-45 mins after to take your workout shake!! how does torrent fit in this equation?? i also like to throw in cardio at the end of the workout so if u could show me the equation of when to take the supps in relation to the activity... aka is it:

workout > torrent > nitro > cardio ?

thanks.

Try WO, Nitro before cardio then Torrent when done or
WO, cardio, Nitro and wait 30 minutes, then Torrent. You do have like a 1 hour window for Torrent after training. Nitro G is great to sip during cardio.

Shogun Assassin
10-02-07, 5:55 pm
Try WO, Nitro before cardio then Torrent when done or
WO, cardio, Nitro and wait 30 minutes, then Torrent. You do have like a 1 hour window for Torrent after training. Nitro G is great to sip during cardio.

its not the nitro g though, its just the nitro pack. since i got my other suppliments in today i think im going to not take nitro for the next month since torrent only comes with 16 servings and i plan on trying it out this month. should be sweet.

but if anyone knows the correct order to take it in with nitro... im just wondering.

JUGGERNAUT
10-03-07, 10:09 am
its not the nitro g though, its just the nitro pack. since i got my other suppliments in today i think im going to not take nitro for the next month since torrent only comes with 16 servings and i plan on trying it out this month. should be sweet.

but if anyone knows the correct order to take it in with nitro... im just wondering.

I didn't mean to say you should only use Nitro G, use your Nitro caps the same way.

loiacanoa
10-03-07, 11:33 am
I love Torrent. I feel I have made some solid gains since its release. I always make sure I never run out :)

bakedkevin
10-03-07, 8:55 pm
I've been stacking Pak, Pump, and Stak2 for 1 month. I just got my 2nd can of Stak2 and decided to get some Torrent with it. I've been using this stack for a week now - and some guy at school asked if I was taking 'roids! Torrent is helping me get some great size gains. I take Torrent the minute that I'm off the treadmill.
I'm super happy that Animal can put out stuff that can help accelerate my growth and still be inexpensive and LEGAL!
Thanks Universal!

NickSP
10-03-07, 11:05 pm
I would definitely not take Torrent before cardio. lift - Nitro - cardio - Torrent.

This thread saddens me...it'll be a long time til season's over and I can have Torrent again

KENKONG
10-04-07, 7:52 am
I'm trying to get everything I need from 3/4 supps. Do you guys feel that Torrent has enough creatine in it for it to be your only creatine source? Pre workout, I take wf (got it from a friend who decided against lifting) but would like to replace it with storm or shock for pre workout - which would be the best to stack with the torrent? thanks.

simpleguy
10-04-07, 10:04 am
well, they say 3 g of creatine are enough, but you gotta find what works best for you... torrent is a great supplement anyway... if you gotta decide between shock and storm, I say go with shock therapy pre w/o and torrent post w/o... that would be a total of 6 g of creatine, so I think it's enough per day... take some basic mono on off days

KENKONG
10-04-07, 10:12 am
that's what I was thinking. It looks like storm is more of a post supp.

Texas Titan
10-04-07, 10:25 am
So Shock Therapy has 3g of creatine per scoop/serving?

well, they say 3 g of creatine are enough, but you gotta find what works best for you... torrent is a great supplement anyway... if you gotta decide between shock and storm, I say go with shock therapy pre w/o and torrent post w/o... that would be a total of 6 g of creatine, so I think it's enough per day... take some basic mono on off days

KENKONG
10-04-07, 12:30 pm
How are Shock/Torrent/Stack2 on an empty stomach? I guess I could wait on the Stack2 and take it with a meal but the other 2 I take on an emtpy gut if I lift first thing in the am.

NickSP
10-04-07, 12:31 pm
Pak, Pump, Nitro, Torrent. Four supps, covers the basics.

Wasteland
10-04-07, 12:32 pm
I'm trying to get everything I need from 3/4 supps. Do you guys feel that Torrent has enough creatine in it for it to be your only creatine source? Pre workout, I take wf (got it from a friend who decided against lifting) but would like to replace it with storm or shock for pre workout - which would be the best to stack with the torrent? thanks.

2-3g of creatine daily is all you need according to the studies. That said, the problem with Torrent is that you're only taking it PWO. That means you're not getting creatine on the off days.

Wasteland
10-04-07, 12:33 pm
that's what I was thinking. It looks like storm is more of a post supp.

Torrent is the complete PWO supplement. In this regard, it is superior to Storm, or any other product in the Universal line.

Shogun Assassin
10-04-07, 10:02 pm
I would definitely not take Torrent before cardio. lift - Nitro - cardio - Torrent.

This thread saddens me...it'll be a long time til season's over and I can have Torrent again

ok thanks man. ps i went to UConn. new england represent.

Shogun Assassin
10-11-07, 12:37 pm
just so everyone knows... when you mix your torrent post workout, do NOT use a shaker. ive been doing so for awhile and recently worked out at home instead of at my gym. by stirring it with a spoon rather than shaking it, the consistancy was way easier to drink and went down much smoother. from now on i always bring a spoon wtih me to the gym to mix it in my shaker rather than just shaking it and firing it down. try it out. i found it much better.

ralf_snake
11-14-07, 2:33 pm
Well i just got home, and took my Torrent for the first time.
I mixed it with milk like i always do with Animal Max and well i think i should have tried it with water. It becomes a thick bitter drink that is hard to let it flow down to your stomach.

I am going to try it with water tomorrow and see how it goes, how do you guys do it? If it needs to be water.....I'll save allooooooot of money on buying milk, hehe.

ghost
11-14-07, 2:46 pm
how do you guys do it?

8 ice cubes, 1 cup bananas, 1 cup oats, 2 scoops real gains vanilla or banana, 2 scoops torrent, 1 cup water.

blend til smooth, then chug.

ralf_snake
11-14-07, 2:54 pm
8 ice cubes, 1 cup bananas, 1 cup oats, 2 scoops real gains vanilla or banana, 2 scoops torrent, 1 cup water.

blend til smooth, then chug.

Well thanks for the milkshake idea, but i was more interested in the water part. But maybe when i find a bigger shake mug online later on, ill give it a try.

ghost
11-14-07, 2:56 pm
anytime..just answering as to how i make it for the torrent...i have a shitty stomach when it comes to certain tastes, and torrent is one of those tastes....i love the stuff..my stomach doesnt.

Joker-Roo
11-24-07, 2:15 am
Back and fourth, see many post here saying to take Torrent right after then Nitro 30 mins after. Or Nitro then 30 mins after Torrent. Now today I see both right "bam" after the last rep. Someone want to answer this for me please? Thanks

Andru

simpleguy
11-24-07, 4:57 am
Back and fourth, see many post here saying to take Torrent right after then Nitro 30 mins after. Or Nitro then 30 mins after Torrent. Now today I see both right "bam" after the last rep. Someone want to answer this for me please? Thanks
Andru

different people use different timings for their supps... I'd take nitro during the workout and torrent post

thegame7
12-07-07, 11:44 pm
Can torrent be mixed with Storm and drank immediately after my workout or do the two supplements not mix well together?

T82
12-10-07, 10:06 pm

Anybody else try it?

I like the no gas part, when I take whey protein, I get gas like no other, and it lasts for so long too.

Elite
01-04-08, 7:27 pm
Now i love Torrent, but due to the fact its $70 here and i have to buy PAK, FLEX, NITRO, UNI-LIVER, SHOCK AND WHEY (TOTAL= $340+ per month here), i have to make my own (not as good) Post w/o.

Now if you've never tried pure Hydro Whey, Creatine EE, Arginine EE and Leucine, then you aint missing out. Hydro Whey smells and tastes like shampoo, but doesnt leave your tongue all smoothe and shiny! And Creatine EE, well the less said the better regarding the taste of that!

Which goes to show that, apart from being a kick ass product, that covers all bases and convenience, respect to Universal for not only making the ingredients bearable, but actually producing one of the best and original tasting supps out there. Notice EVERYONE looks forward to chuggin back Torrent post w/o!

Its definately back on my list come pay day....

MNfootball
02-01-08, 11:58 pm
Starting my first round of the Animal products! I'm fuckin pumped. My stack will be as follows:

Animal Pak
Animal Flex
Animal Pump
Torrent

^ those are for sure, but I had a question...

in regards to Animal Nitro/G would you think that Torrent would replace it? Or does supplementing it along Torrent be beneficial? Just confused on how I would go about doing that.

ANIMAL FTW!!!

NickSP
02-02-08, 12:16 am

Andru

People do it differently. Personally, I absolutely love the idea of EAA's immediately after lifting to start protein synthesis so I always do that. I'd rather start that up and do Torrent after with the whole proteins and other goodies. But my way isn't the only way people do it.

Boz
02-10-08, 7:54 am
Torrent is the shit!!!!!!

Enforcer
02-18-08, 2:39 pm
Just started using this product and this shit is amazing. Like Big Al said it is a product that does not make you feel bloated like many other post workout drinks. Also since taking it I feel refreshed everyday after the beating I just put myself through in the gym the day before.

lifterkid17
02-18-08, 2:47 pm
Just started using this product and this shit is amazing. Like Big Al said it is a product that does not make you feel bloated like many other post workout drinks. Also since taking it I feel refreshed everyday after the beating I just put myself through in the gym the day before.

Amen to that bro! I just started it 3 weeks ago and i just got more.. great taste and doesnt fill ya up.. recovery time is awesome!!

Mr.Totality
02-24-08, 3:14 pm
I cannot wait to get this in. I have heard nothing but amazing responses to this, and I am psyched to get my chance at it

John-TNS
02-24-08, 5:10 pm
This supplement is something that I now consider my top supplement. My stack includes Pak, Pump, Nitro, Mstak, and torrent. Torrent I feel is the greatest since squared toilet paper! Great work guys! This is a STAPLE for me

arab910
03-03-08, 9:57 pm

So is it only recommended for cutting?

rhane
03-05-08, 8:41 pm

Hell no, Torrent should be used all the time no matter what you're doing.

NickSP
03-05-08, 9:45 pm

Definitely not. Torrent covers multiple postWO bases with 3 g creatine, whey protein with a bunch of leucine to boot, plenty of carbs, and some other volumizers. With the sugar in it I definitely wouldn't say it's only for cutting.

atrain11b
03-07-08, 1:45 am
Quick question here about Torrent...I am trying to get away from calorie counting while bulking, but being in the Army I need to watch the BF%. My question is, do you count the calories in Torrent in your macros. My current diet has me around 3500k and Torrent bumps me to about 3800. I feel this is fine.

I have heard mixed things such as your Post Workout shake calories do not count because they are used up almost immediatley. I really don't think it will hurt to add 300 more k to my diet. Just wondering.

I bet those who use it while cutting count the calories, am I right here.

I know this may seem more of a diet question but, it does invole Torrent so thought I could ask in this thread.

J-Dawg
04-07-08, 11:28 am
Quick heads up on the new flavor of Torrent. Announcement right here: http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?p=350210#post350210

ct italian 1
04-07-08, 11:45 am
Quick question here about Torrent...I am trying to get away from calorie counting while bulking, but being in the Army I need to watch the BF%. My question is, do you count the calories in Torrent in your macros. My current diet has me around 3500k and Torrent bumps me to about 3800. I feel this is fine.

I have heard mixed things such as your Post Workout shake calories do not count because they are used up almost immediatley. I really don't think it will hurt to add 300 more k to my diet. Just wondering.

I bet those who use it while cutting count the calories, am I right here.

I know this may seem more of a diet question but, it does invole Torrent so thought I could ask in this thread.

If something has calories, and you ingest it, it counts towards your daily caloric intake/macro profile. Most don't count cals when bulking, some do, I myself being one of them. Whether you're bulking or not though, it does count. However it's your choice as to whether or not to keep track. Hope this helps.

PsYcHoNeWb727
04-16-08, 10:07 am
I have been using Torrent for a week now, and after the first week I know for a fact that I wont be going back to any other product. It tastes great even though I cant wait to try the new Apple flavor. I have noticed that it works since i started taking it the first day on a leg day, and after the first week, back to legs, i was able to do about 10-20 pounds more on most my lifts. Cant wait to see the gains after using it for a longer period of time!

IkeFootball90
07-22-08, 11:13 pm
hey watup guys, i just turn 17 a month ago, and ive been lookin into this stuff latly and wondering if its alright for me to drink this pwo, right now im taking Pak and Flex and there both awsome...thanks

Rob

John-TNS
07-23-08, 12:10 am
hey watup guys, i just turn 17 a month ago, and ive been lookin into this stuff latly and wondering if its alright for me to drink this pwo, right now im taking Pak and Flex and there both awsome...thanks

Rob

Yup! You are just fine taking this!

Roland
07-23-08, 1:27 am

Rob

Universal/Animal supps are not recommended for those under 18.

IkeFootball90
07-23-08, 11:25 am
Universal/Animal supps are not recommended for those under 18.

not even animal pak or flex?? i just went by what bb.com said in the "supps for teens" section

hmmca
08-02-08, 11:19 pm
I have been taking Torrent for about 2 months and love it, I am now taking Animal Cuts starting tomorrow, should I still take torrent? I would take cuts inn the morning and then again around lunch and the torrent would not come in till after WO at about 6pm. I know it has some sugars and over 300 cals, so let me know.

Thanks

MB13
09-06-08, 9:14 pm
I have been taking Torrent for about 2 months and love it, I am now taking Animal Cuts starting tomorrow, should I still take torrent? I would take cuts inn the morning and then again around lunch and the torrent would not come in till after WO at about 6pm. I know it has some sugars and over 300 cals, so let me know.

Thanks

Just make sure it fits into your daily macros and you'll be fine.

InkdMuscle
09-20-08, 1:48 pm
I live by Torrent. Ever since I read about it and actually used it i was skeptical. But i have been able to see gains in my success and Torrent has helped that.

mritter3
09-21-08, 9:04 am
torrent will be in my arsenal for life, love that shit, especially cherry.

stalli0n
09-29-08, 9:49 pm
If I take pump pre workout and nitro/whey post do I still need torrent?

Angst
09-29-08, 10:30 pm

I think that would be a little over kill, you can take torrent right after the workout and your usual whey shake 20 min. after that. I would suggest give torrent a try after you finished nitro, just my opinion.

simpleguy
09-30-08, 9:50 am

you can have nitro during your workout and torrent post w/o, that's what most do

sanga
09-30-08, 10:06 am
I drink Torrent during and post when bulking, although now we have inter.

Deaner488
10-03-08, 9:24 pm
i was just curious on if i could take torrent with gatorade tiger? or should i stick with water

houseofpain
10-03-08, 9:52 pm
Pak, Pump, Nitro, Torrent. Four supps, covers the basics.

Don't forget about Omega there Big Nick. Gotta love that stuff. Throw in omega to the mix and you've got my exact stack.

ROC1291
10-03-08, 11:49 pm
Torrent is excellent IMO, except...

My only beef is that the WMS is not able to do what its suppose to do when its combined with glucose and dextrose as well as 20g of protein.

Anal, yes... but WMS serves a purpose!
Other than that, Torrent FTW!

musclealchemist
10-04-08, 2:10 am
today i did a half and half: i mixed 1 and half scoops of cherry and apple. Stuff was amazing. I wish i could drink it as a normal drink and not just every time i work out.

raunchy
10-19-08, 11:44 pm
I tried the sour apple avalanche flavor the other night and was kind of disappointed with the taste, maybe everyone was sizing it up a little too much.

newbreed
11-22-08, 2:15 pm
I like the chery or the green apple but I love when I combine 2 scoops of the 1 and 1 of the other. DELICIOUS!

rayzer27
12-08-08, 9:05 pm
Hey buddy;

say you use nitro..should i wait 30 minutes to take torrent?

EXUB
03-22-09, 9:55 pm
torrent tastes awesome. Just got some and tried it out yesterday. My first creatine product that I've taken. Not counting shock therapy and storm.

TigerAce01
03-22-09, 10:08 pm

Actually, Ox started the trend of taking Nitro with Torrent. I think a lot of people now, including me, take it this way. It's a great way to add more aminos into the mix of Torrent's already anabolic leucine complex (8,000 mg). Ox takes 3 packs of Nitro with his Torrent, but for normal guys like us, stick to one. I've also tried taking Nitro about halfway through my workout. It's a little weird taking pills in a workout, but it works nicely.

-Ace

Little Z
03-22-09, 10:55 pm

you can wait, or like its been posted take it with Torrent..

pop Nitro as you walk in to hit the weights, and take another with Torrent..

I do the double Nitro on my training days and EAA Stack on off days.. a few others do that as well on here..

and before you ask.. Juicy Watermelon EAA Stack..

and GAA for Torrent.. hahah

Wasteland
07-29-09, 8:31 am
Actually, Ox started the trend of taking Nitro with Torrent. I think a lot of people now, including me, take it this way. It's a great way to add more aminos into the mix of Torrent's already anabolic leucine complex (8,000 mg). Ox takes 3 packs of Nitro with his Torrent, but for normal guys like us, stick to one. I've also tried taking Nitro about halfway through my workout. It's a little weird taking pills in a workout, but it works nicely.

-Ace

Ox takes all three packs post-workout?

TigerAce01
07-29-09, 4:19 pm
Ox takes all three packs post-workout?

Yeah, 3 packs haha I believe G Diesel takes 2 with his Torrent as well. Right now Ox is just taking EAA Nitro with 3 packs Nitro PWO.

-Ace

Pistola
07-30-09, 1:37 pm
I started using the cherry flavored torrent since monday, this product rocks. I smells great and taste is pretty good also, I use it to wash down my nitro paks after my w/o. The only prob I had was a thick bubbly film after I mixed my torrent with water. Maybe it was because I didn't mix enough water in with it, I dunno. Torrent is still a must have supp.

t_mh
09-07-09, 6:05 pm
Is it absolutely necessary to take creatine on off days if I'm taking torrent after training?