PDA

View Full Version : Torrent

Universal Rep
03-29-07, 12:58 pm
Though Torrent only just came out, there seems to be a fair amount of talk about it. For any of you interested, here are some links:

The main review thread: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=1924751

Other:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=1924751&highlight=Torrent

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=2035111&highlight=Torrent

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=2039411&highlight=Torrent

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=2021531&highlight=Torrent

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=2039611&highlight=Torrent

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=2000361&highlight=Torrent

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=1897461&highlight=Torrent

Punisher
03-29-07, 1:55 pm
Niice I love the Torrent.

G Diesel
03-29-07, 1:58 pm
Good Torrent thread going at Mayhem as well...

http://www.musclemayhem.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46752

Peace, G

ghost
03-29-07, 2:06 pm
mmmmmmmmmmmm tasty.

Punisher
03-29-07, 3:04 pm
looks like theres some good feedback

Universal Rep
03-29-07, 3:31 pm
looks like theres some good feedback

Must be more than just feedback because I heard Torrent is out of stock at Universal again...

J-Dawg
03-30-07, 6:00 pm
Must be more than just feedback because I heard Torrent is out of stock at Universal again...

There should be another production batch being made today. I'll keep everyone posted but I think it should be back in stock shortly. It's been selling out at just about every site. Bad news is-- I ran out of my first jug already so I have to wait till it's back in.

brandonA
03-30-07, 6:49 pm
Hey J,
I got my jug yesterday, thanks.....

Was sholder day, hit em hard and then slammed the Torrent on the ride home. The smell when you pull the top off was awsome.. The taste was amazing, you guys should make healthy drinks for kids with that taste....About 10 min after drinking it i felt really calm and relaxed, no fatigue or soreness. Felt like i could get back to the gym....Today i feel great, no soreness or stiffness..and the best part is i did not have to break out the blender when i got home....awsome stuff.....Pump/Torrent makes a great stack...

Thanks again..
-B

Sandpig
03-31-07, 12:51 pm
Guys, I was lucky enough to recieve of free jug that was given away on another site.

I love the taste of this stuff, and I will be buying more.

Universal Rep
07-17-07, 3:36 pm
Like Torrent? Love Torrent? Judging from the various threads and that petition thread, I'm guessing there are plenty of fans here. Feel free to post your comments and reviews here fellas.

Some comments from BB.com: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=60834931&posted=1#post60834931

DMH56308
07-17-07, 4:00 pm
I'm on my 3rd tub, love the stuff.
Pros:
Taste is above average for all the goodies in it.
Mixes easy.
Great results

Cons:
Small tub size
Lots of Carbs (Sugar)(Good in most cases) but maybe a torrent light for cut would be nice addition.
Cost (if on tight budget)

Overall for the cost/results I would say its a great PWO option!

brandonA
07-17-07, 4:03 pm
I miss it so bad, I an doing a zero carb cut, so my beloved torrent is sitting on the shelf, waitin for my bulk...I can really tell the differnce, I am much sorer and for longer, dont get the refreshed feeling as quickly after a workout...cant wait to start bulking again...

-B

G Diesel
07-17-07, 4:41 pm
Torrent rocked my PWO world... I've used it every training day since it came out and I'm never going back. Peace, G

DRIVEN
07-17-07, 4:52 pm
this shits the real deal, i dont want anything else for my post workout regimen...

DRIVEN

CarpeDiem
07-17-07, 5:05 pm
Hey Rep,
TORRENT = BEST PWO SUPP! I've tried so so so many post-workout mixes and nothing has even compared to Torrent. I leave my Torrent in my shaker cup for post-workout and the best part about is that it mixes easily and none of it sticks to the bottom. I still think it needs a few more grams of protein to have an ideal carb to protein ratio, but then again I'm not the scientist. Taste is fine keep that, but a bigger tub is needed for this staple Supplement. Thanks Rep! - Carpe Diem

Lant
07-17-07, 6:56 pm
This sounds like its good stuff. I may have to invest some cash.

Roland
08-03-07, 10:09 pm
Hey Rep,
TORRENT = BEST PWO SUPP! I've tried so so so many post-workout mixes and nothing has even compared to Torrent. I leave my Torrent in my shaker cup for post-workout and the best part about is that it mixes easily and none of it sticks to the bottom. I still think it needs a few more grams of protein to have an ideal carb to protein ratio, but then again I'm not the scientist. Taste is fine keep that, but a bigger tub is needed for this staple Supplement. Thanks Rep! - Carpe Diem

I agree with this post, I LOVE TORRENT, it has brought me some great gains, we need a bigger tub tho...It just feels like a smoothie treat after a hardcore training session, just refreshes u, I love it with ice cold water. THank you for the best PWO shake ever!!!

Shark
09-19-07, 11:48 pm
I was one of the lucky ones chosen for the House's mass stack promo. I recieved the pump and torrent.

I have used pump before with decent results. But the torrent was really a godsend. I was getting frustrated with some other post workout drinks. I was always worried about if I was really getting what I needed into me. I was always trying something new.

Then that sweet cherry powder came into my life. How did I know torrent was working? Because I felt it and I saw it. I could kill myself training all day and then put down some torrent and in a little bit feel like a champion again. My strength went up, my endurance went up and I packed on some decent muscle. Just when I was about to cross into the scary "test supps" territory, this stuff came and smacked me back into reality.

Pros:

WORKS
Taste
Ease of a stacked pwo drink

Cons:

Small tub
Cost.......

naturalguy
09-20-07, 7:26 am
Put it to you this way. Torrent has become a staple supplement for me now. As important as the pak. That speaks volumes for me. It's that good and should be a part of everyone's supplement program.

Jimmy
09-22-07, 7:48 pm
it truely does set the standard for post workout nutrition. the age of whey and dextrose is over,

it has all the goodies you could ever want and need to replenish muslce to the max

whey protien hydro - fastest digesting protien available
waximaize starch - newest most advanced carb on the block
tri creatine complex - mono, chelate, ethyl ester, the proven original and 2 new easy to absorb forms

all the aminos for quick recovery, protien synthesis, and GH boosting you could ever want

Glutamine AKG, taurine, Leucine, leucine AKG, leucine ethyl ester, etc....

the most comprehensive formula i have ever seen. if you arent taking it, you arent maximizing your gains.

and the taste is delicous as far as supplements go. i expected something that tasted like cherry cough medicine, or that it would have that telltale "oh this is a definately a supplement flavor, but i gotta tolerate it for good gains." you guys know that feeling.

not torrent, it has a very nice refreshing cherry flavor, that is not overpowering. and the large ammount of powder in a serving size dissolves amazingly well in only 20oz of cold water. A++

add some ice to your torrent in your shaker cup, and prepare to grow cuz this is the good shit...

Aaron_Cole
11-22-07, 10:23 am
Probably the best PWO out there, imo

ralf_snake
11-22-07, 12:07 pm
Im very proud and always show of with Torrent, but to be honest...the cherry cherry blast, is cherry berry disgusting.
Im still a big boy and force it all the way down, but a new flavor that is not that sharp would be nice.

hjayss
11-23-07, 1:23 am
Just needs a bigger size for me I mix it with nitro g. This torrent mixture is he bomb no doubt...If you have not tried it give it a try it is worth it. Be warned ye says I you might get hooked...

loiacanoa
11-23-07, 10:20 am
since i've heard about torrent, i've been using it. tastes great and has the essentials for PWO.

simpleguy
11-23-07, 1:51 pm
I'm very happy with the results first of all, recovery is faster, and soreness is gone almost instantly; easy mixable also
as for taste, at first it didn't seem so good but it got better over time... now I really love it, it's like candy to me, great stuff

Extreme
12-10-07, 12:13 pm
Torrent is the only way to go when it comes time to PWO. I also had the opportunity to be one of the chosen few who had the chance to try House's "Mass Stack" earlier in the year and when you take the potency of Pump, pre workout, and combine it with Torrent post work out, you get one amazing stack. I saw great gains in my strength, endurance and recovery. The Pump would give me amazing pumps during my workouts and the Torrent would help maintain that pump long after my workouts were over. The taste was a little less than desirable at first, but after the 3rd go I loved it!! I actually wanted to get to the end of my workouts just to get to the Torrent. It was easy on my stomach too, which was a good thing, especially after a leg workout. I get a tub when the budget allows and will do so as long as Universal produces it. It's a must have for anyone serious about using that small window of opportunity after a workout for maximum nutritional gains.

joe-yamma
12-10-07, 12:27 pm
G and Extreme said it pretty well. Torrent has been one of the best supps I've used. Definitely my PWO staple. Thanks goodness for the new 28 serving container!!!

Pros: Function, Taste
Cons: Price
IMO, a little expensive $/serving, but worth it.

Madcat
01-27-08, 8:59 pm
Man this stuff is for real.
Ive already put on about 2 lbs of lean muscle, eating right and not changing anything including my normal supps. just by adding Torrent. Only been taking it for 2 weeks too.

I take it and I feel awesome, no soreness the next da, and I feel my recovery time is much better.

MELTDOWN
01-27-08, 9:15 pm
we're branching it out and 2 motorcycle endurance racing teams are trying it this year. plus we have 2 nascar teams interested....yeap, we're taking it to the "other side"

islandmagicmic
02-19-08, 4:55 pm
Did any one have cramps? after 2 weeks or more?

SQUAT or DIE!
02-19-08, 6:46 pm
will torrent have any effect if i use it after cardio? im just about to start it and today is my cardio and i was wondering if its a waste to use it on just a cardio day, i also do rotator cuff exercises too..

MELTDOWN
02-19-08, 7:40 pm
Did any one have cramps? after 2 weeks or more?

myself and 5 others with no cramps...i'm well into several tubs while the others are at 5 weeks.

MELTDOWN
02-19-08, 7:42 pm
will torrent have any effect if i use it after cardio? im just about to start it and today is my cardio and i was wondering if its a waste to use it on just a cardio day, i also do rotator cuff exercises too..

i ride road bicycles 4 days a week (weather permitting) or do other cardio 3 days per week. follow it all up with torrent and i seem to recover tons faster and still have grunt left for weight work on the non cardio days.

SQUAT or DIE!
02-19-08, 7:46 pm
i ride road bicycles 4 days a week (weather permitting) or do other cardio 3 days per week. follow it all up with torrent and i seem to recover tons faster and still have grunt left for weight work on the non cardio days.

thanks man

MELTDOWN
02-19-08, 8:02 pm
no problem. another test will be with this years endurance roadracing. 45-60 minute stints at a time alternated with another rider or 2 (depending on the length of the race). gonna have a big notebook for this one.

JMC
02-19-08, 8:09 pm
I've used Torrent virtually since it has been on the market and haven't looked back. I don't think I've had a workout w/o it actually. I've never had any issues with cramping. On the flipside, I've never used it for post cardio....mostly to keep costs down. I used to dislike the cherry, but now it's the best tasting supp I use right now. Hopefully DPS will sport the grape in the future. Definitely recommend Torrent 100%!!!

SQUAT or DIE!
02-19-08, 8:16 pm
I've used Torrent virtually since it has been on the market and haven't looked back. I don't think I've had a workout w/o it actually. I've never had any issues with cramping. On the flipside, I've never used it for post cardio....mostly to keep costs down. I used to dislike the cherry, but now it's the best tasting supp I use right now. Hopefully DPS will sport the grape in the future. Definitely recommend Torrent 100%!!!

yeah my only problem is the $$$$$ i spent a bunch at DPS for torrent, shock and eaa.. and looked and torrent is like 15 servings for the huge tub and ive taken shots bigger than the tub the EAA stack coems in!!!!

SQUAT or DIE!
02-19-08, 8:17 pm
no problem. another test will be with this years endurance roadracing. 45-60 minute stints at a time alternated with another rider or 2 (depending on the length of the race). gonna have a big notebook for this one.

motorcycle???

GJN5002
02-19-08, 8:26 pm
i cut the serving down from 3 scoops to 2. that equals about extra 7 servings. I make up for it by drinking powdered gatorade intra workout and taking a few unilver post along with ala to help the insulin.

SQUAT or DIE!
02-19-08, 8:29 pm
i cut the serving down from 3 scoops to 2. that equals about extra 7 servings. I make up for it by drinking powdered gatorade intra workout and taking a few unilver post along with ala to help the insulin.

now that sounds like a decent plan.. i just made mine, im bout to walk out the door to the gym, only used to scoops.... i dont think it will make THAT much of a difference.. guess ill fing out soo enough.

MELTDOWN
02-19-08, 8:41 pm
motorcycle???

yup, wera national endurance series. i've done it since 1997 but it's getting harder to keep up the older and heavier i get. i may not be the fastest, but look darn good peeling off the leathers (lol)

SQUAT or DIE!
02-19-08, 10:11 pm
yup, wera national endurance series. i've done it since 1997 but it's getting harder to keep up the older and heavier i get. i may not be the fastest, but look darn good peeling off the leathers (lol)

so is that how ya pul the ladies?? ask em if they wanna go for a ride as you take of your leathers??

MELTDOWN
02-20-08, 5:49 pm
so is that how ya pul the ladies?? ask em if they wanna go for a ride as you take of your leathers??

i would answer that, but "wife inc" patrols this forum as well....lmao

WeaponX
02-20-08, 5:58 pm
I tried it a few times, havent been able to recently because of $$$ concerns, but I might give it a shot again soon. My only problem was it took me a LONG time to ge tthe taste down, I understand its an acquired taste, but i hope whatever this new flavor is its better than that cherry, even though I know that having that much stuff in there its hard to make a 'great' tasiting supplement, thats just my $.02 though

SQUAT or DIE!
02-20-08, 6:31 pm
i would answer that, but "wife inc" patrols this forum as well....lmao

yeah that can happen.. haha then i will rephrase my question is that how you pulled the wifey? yay single life

well good luck to you on the racing brother

MELTDOWN
02-20-08, 8:06 pm
yeah that can happen.. haha then i will rephrase my question is that how you pulled the wifey? yay single life

well good luck to you on the racing brother

on a slow gsxr1100 way back in 1990 just cruzin town. hadn't been there in 3 years and just felt 'drawn' to go. the rest fell into place.

SQUAT or DIE!
02-20-08, 8:15 pm
on a slow gsxr1100 way back in 1990 just cruzin town. hadn't been there in 3 years and just felt 'drawn' to go. the rest fell into place.

AAAWW!!!!!

BiG in NYC 823
03-31-08, 11:58 am
check out my review on BB.com forum..

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=5714411

J-Dawg
04-07-08, 11:30 am
Quick heads up on the new Torrent flavor: http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?p=350210#post350210

tom10
04-28-08, 6:09 am
just used torrent for the first time this morning after shoulders, biceps and abs.

i had high hopes after reading all the positive feedback on this thread and so far i have not been disappointed.

it's a thicker shake than was expected (or was used to with previous PWO's) and to be honest the after-taste caught me a little off guard!
but sitting here an hour or so after taking it i feel much more refreshed and recharged than usual. i feel like i could probably train again later and i like that it's not too filling (despite it's thick formula). usually i find PWO's fill me up, but torrent seems to digest very quickly meaning i can get in a decent wholefood meal now.

good stuff so far, looking forward to checking in again in a few weeks time with some longer term feedback.

cheers.

jmase138
05-06-08, 6:36 pm
I'm a fan of all the Animal products and thought I'd give Torrent a try. I ordered the big ass 6 pounder of cherry after hearing the great reviews.

It came in a couple of days ago, and I cracked it open and the stuff smelled unbelievably good. A nice sweet cherry candy smell.

That smell is so deceiving.... I put some in my blender with some ice water and mixed it. Mixed right up with no clumps, and looked smooth and thick. I smelled it, and man....some kind of sulfuric ass monster awakens in this stuff when it's hydrated.

I took one drink of it, and was just overwhelmed. This stuff tastes exactly like PUKE to me. Straight vomit.

Many of you say you look forward to drinking it...I dread it. Just like I dreaded drinking most CEE powders that taste like motor oil.

I'm not gonna knock Torrent too hard right now. It's only been a couple of days, and I've been able to get it down if I hold my breath and pile it down. I have noticed that it has definitely helped me feel refreshed throughout the day, when usually I am dragging ass after a workout. My muscle soreness is definitely diminished, and it has helped with my sugar and food cravings.

The torrent burp tastes just like the bottle smells, thank god.

pmug0000
05-06-08, 6:39 pm
I'm a fan of all the Animal products and thought I'd give Torrent a try. I ordered the big ass 6 pounder of cherry after hearing the great reviews.

It came in a couple of days ago, and I cracked it open and the stuff smelled unbelievably good. A nice sweet cherry candy smell.

That smell is so deceiving.... I put some in my blender with some ice water and mixed it. Mixed right up with no clumps, and looked smooth and thick. I smelled it, and man....some kind of sulfuric ass monster awakens in this stuff when it's hydrated.

I took one drink of it, and was just overwhelmed. This stuff tastes exactly like PUKE to me. Straight vomit.

Many of you say you look forward to drinking it...I dread it. Just like I dreaded drinking most CEE powders that taste like motor oil.

I'm not gonna knock Torrent too hard right now. It's only been a couple of days, and I've been able to get it down if I hold my breath and pile it down. I have noticed that it has definitely helped me feel refreshed throughout the day, when usually I am dragging ass after a workout. My muscle soreness is definitely diminished, and it has helped with my sugar and food cravings.

The torrent burp tastes just like the bottle smells, thank god.

Hey if you really don't like it I'd be more than happy to take it off your hands ;)

jmase138
05-06-08, 6:58 pm
haha. I thought about it the first day I got it. I was like "oh hell no... I'm sending this to someone."

....until I realized that the stuff actually made me feel great, and not so sluggish and miserable. I guess it's a good trade off.

I still have yet to see any significant gains from Torrent because it's just been a few days. I felt the same way with Animal Pak the first day I got those. I smelled that stinkin ass can, and saw all those horse pills and thought "I'll never stick with this..."

Now I'm poundin down all of em at once with a gulp of water, no problem.

pmug0000
05-06-08, 7:05 pm
haha. I thought about it the first day I got it. I was like "oh hell no... I'm sending this to someone."

....until I realized that the stuff actually made me feel great, and not so sluggish and miserable. I guess it's a good trade off.

I still have yet to see any significant gains from Torrent because it's just been a few days. I felt the same way with Animal Pak the first day I got those. I smelled that stinkin ass can, and saw all those horse pills and thought "I'll never stick with this..."

Now I'm poundin down all of em at once with a gulp of water, no problem.

Bit of advice for you: experiment with different amounts of water. The label says to mix it with 20oz. water, but some people think it's perfect with close to 30 oz. water, and personally I like it with 16-18oz. water. Just find what works for you and stick with it.

jmase138
05-06-08, 7:09 pm
Woah man....yeah I'm not putting nearly enough liquid in there. Maybe that will mellow out the taste.

I'll try that tomorrow.

jmase138
05-09-08, 7:35 pm
I put more water in it, and it has seemed to mellow out the taste some. More to choke down, but it's more tolerable.

This stuff makes me feel great! No more heavy post workout shakes that make me feel like a slug.

Jimmy
05-12-08, 8:28 pm
if i could only take one thing, one supplement, it would be torrent. its just that good, so comprehensive, the formula is perfect.

the new flavor is good, i gotta say the original cherry wins by a hair, but the green apple works solid to throw in some variety,

i actually kinda want to just mix them both and see what happens, it will either be a terrible mistake or a great discovery. we shall find out soon enough

nihiloexnihil
05-15-08, 2:59 pm
You know, I've used Torrent almost literally since the day it came out, and it was the only PWO shake I drank. When the 6lbs tub became available, I got that and used it. Then I ordered a 2nd 6lbs tub, started using that, and it cut loose some kind of unnatural fury in my bowels.

Seriously, I never had any trouble, and now I physically can't take it anymore without it pulling everything right through me.

Universal didn't change anything in the formula, did they?

born0withno0soul
05-28-08, 4:07 pm
got my first tub of torrent today and i picked out the green apple. i think a lot of guys here exaggerate on the taste of universal products sometimes and i will be the first to tell you when something tastes like shit, but torrent is not not in this category. the first serving tasted exceptionally good. good job universal on the torrent product

Fury317
05-28-08, 4:12 pm
For me personally I live by Torrent, Green Apple is the best tasting supplement Ive ever had- Watermelon EAA is close BUT NO CIGAR LOL.

You know, I've used Torrent almost literally since the day it came out, and it was the only PWO shake I drank. When the 6lbs tub became available, I got that and used it. Then I ordered a 2nd 6lbs tub, started using that, and it cut loose some kind of unnatural fury in my bowels.

Seriously, I never had any trouble, and now I physically can't take it anymore without it pulling everything right through me.

Universal didn't change anything in the formula, did they?

The only thing I can think of is the WMS, it rushes through your system and is, afterall, carbs. So who knows maybe it is forcing what ya got in there out. I dont know- Im no doctor. Just a crazy thought haha.

hmmca
05-29-08, 1:00 pm
Just got Torrent yesterday and tried it for the first time. I have the sour cherry and it was not too bad, a little tart but drinkable. The smell after blending is foul however. I will update and see what it does.

My stack as of yesterday

Pak in the morning

M-Stak (minus red pill) about 45 minutes before workout

Pump about 20 to 30 minutes before workout (with red pill)

Torrent PWO

and at bedtime Real gaines

also protein drinks during the day.

Thanks Greg

Universal Rep
10-07-08, 10:24 am
http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=111085801&highlight=Universal

Flavor/Taste
9/10: Green Apple is not a strong

Mixability
10/10: Mixes just fine in a shaker cup

Results
10/10: This is the perfect post workout mass builder. If you slam it right after your training, it's loaded with quality carbs/WMS, BCAA's, and even 3g of creatine.....perfect!

Sandpig
10-16-08, 1:18 pm
Been using Torrent almost since it came out.

just got my sample of Green Apple flavor.

As expected, it taste great! Thanks.

Universal Rep
10-16-08, 4:16 pm
http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...#post232888731

"Ingredients - 9.5/10

This is one of the best post workout formula's on the market. It has 302 cals, 52g of carbs and 20g of quality WPH protein per serve. It also has 3g of creatine (mono, cee, mcc), glutamine, l-leucine and taurine. I like that it has WMS and Maltodextrin too. I would have given this a 10 but I don't think there's any such thing as a perfect supplement and everything can be improved in some way or another.

Taste - 9/10

Green Apple Avalanche tastes awesome. I don't know if I like it as much as Cherry Berry Blast but it's definitely good. A bit more subtle than Cherry Berry Blast and very refreshing after a workout. Doesn't taste as sweet and appley as I expected but you would certainly know it was apple flavour if you didn't see the tub.

Taste Modified - 10/10

For a bit of a kick I decided to mix 1.5 scoops of Cherry Berry Blast with 1.5 scoops of Green Apple Avalanche. The result? Amazing! No doubt one of the best tasting supplements I have ever had. Everyone who has both flavours must try this.

Consistency - 9/10

Mixes perfectly in my shaker. Does get a little foamy on top but that's it. I also notice it gets a bit thicker down the bottom but certainly not a problem."

Indomitable Will
10-28-08, 7:13 pm
Just wanted to mention that I got my sample of Torrent today that I ordered a couple weeks ago. It was the green apple flavor and it was pretty friggin' tasty. I'll be ordering some at some point in the future. Thanks Universal.

sanga
10-29-08, 4:38 am
I`ve been trying to get an Apple sample over here for a while, no joy.

Anyone help me out?

Universal Rep
12-16-08, 11:39 am
http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...#post259858081

"When I first opened the tub I thought it had a smell like the Ludens Wild Cherry cough drops. You know, the ones that taste like candy and don't really do much for a really sore throat. I put the 3 scoop serving into a shaker with some ice cubes and water and gave it a good shake. And it tasted exactly like it smelled. Really refreshing taste, went down easy like Gatorade."

TigerAce01
01-01-09, 6:55 pm
Torrent is amazing. Been using it for a few months now, and it really helps after a workout. Not only does it give you everything you need and more after a workout, it also has an amazing revitalizing and calming effect. Everyone knows that pre-workout products are great, but I hate that feeling after you're finished your workout and those stims just keep going. Torrent kills it.

Works well. Tastes great. Mixes easy. Not a bad price.

sanga
04-10-09, 4:17 pm
Its dark and its the early hours of the morning, I wake up, go to the bathroom, while standing there I feel thirsty, then it hits me TORRENT!!!!

Downstairs I go, mix up 3-4 scoops of Cherry Torrent and take sips, savouring the taste, what a lovely taste it is too, so so good, the clock says 3am and I have to get up at 5.45am for work, do I care? hell no I`m thirsty and Cherry Torrent is the cure.

Thing is what happens when this products stops being manufactured, if ever!!!!

Mr. Dead
04-13-09, 12:08 pm
http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=115569151

"As a lot of people have said before, Torrent is a very good product. I am happy with its taste, mixability, effectiveness and price. I feel that I had some pretty good gains and great recovery while taking it. I suggest giving it a shot and don't let the fruit flavors hold you back--they are fantastic."

mritter3
04-13-09, 1:03 pm
cherry blast is by far the best tasting supp i have ever tried and believe me ive tried them all, i will never use anything else post workout again, thanks universal.

Rambo, John J.
04-21-09, 4:12 pm
So I just got my 1st jug of torrent a couple days ago and I've used it twice already. The one question I have is that does it have enough glutamine in it already? I know it has like 3 grams or something, but I didn't know if that was enough or if adding another serving of 5 grams in a protein shake later on in the day would be a good idea or if it was just a waste?

TigerAce01
04-21-09, 5:28 pm
So I just got my 1st jug of torrent a couple days ago and I've used it twice already. The one question I have is that does it have enough glutamine in it already? I know it has like 3 grams or something, but I didn't know if that was enough or if adding another serving of 5 grams in a protein shake later on in the day would be a good idea or if it was just a waste?

I use upwards of 20 g of glutamine a day. Go ahead and take some more if you want it.

-Ace

GJN5002
04-21-09, 5:40 pm
Hey Ace, just wondering why you think glutamine is important. I personally dont really think it does a whole lot, but Im always open to new ideas.

TigerAce01
04-21-09, 6:05 pm
Hey Ace, just wondering why you think glutamine is important. I personally dont really think it does a whole lot, but Im always open to new ideas.

I just like it a lot. It has worked really well for me, that's all. Just like my stance on creatine, I don't really like it that much, but so many other people have been taking it for decades.

All just a personal thing really.

-Ace

Mr. Dead
04-27-09, 6:46 pm
http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=115939481

"Overall - 10/10
Torrent has become a staple in my routine. It's a post workout shake that has just about everything that I would want in it and that tastes good enough that I always look forward to getting home from the gym to mix it up. Universal has created a stellar product with Torrent and I would recommend the product to anyone looking for a post workout product. "

natandrb
05-08-09, 10:56 am
Just started using Torrent and I've gotta say, I will NEVER be without Torrent. For a while now I've just been going into mad scientist mode after the gym and mixing all sorts of stuff together to make a shake, the biggest problem was that I usually ended up drinking about 1/3 of a gallon just in all the shakes I would make (certain flavors just DON'T blend; grape, apple, and chocolate, hmmm could be good, right? WRONG.) I love how all i have to do is grab 3 scoops, throw it in a shaker cup, annnd, done. Taste was kinda surprising at first, smelled like a jolly rancher, so i was expecting sweet, but I got tart, it's a taste that grows on you. Amazing ingredient profile, mixes really well. Gives me good revitalizing energy (think it's due to the taurine) and really really helps with the soreness. I normally can't walk the day after legs, so when I woke up the next morning and was able to walk around without looking like I just got out of prison with a cellmate named Bubba, I was sold. Universal for life. Are there any other companies that consistently make quality products like Universal?

Survivor831
05-08-09, 1:24 pm
That seems to be the theme.... Take Torrent and you will never train without it. Again, if you ain't takin it, take it!!!!!!!!!

Swole81
05-29-09, 12:42 pm
Since i am prone to putting on bodyfat, would torrent be a good idea? It has alot of sugar so i wasnt sure... im cutting right now but i was thinking of using torrent when i start bulking again. my second option would be real gains- i thought it might be better because of the much lower sugar content.

Universal Rep
05-29-09, 12:50 pm
Just started using Torrent and I've gotta say, I will NEVER be without Torrent. For a while now I've just been going into mad scientist mode after the gym and mixing all sorts of stuff together to make a shake, the biggest problem was that I usually ended up drinking about 1/3 of a gallon just in all the shakes I would make (certain flavors just DON'T blend; grape, apple, and chocolate, hmmm could be good, right? WRONG.) I love how all i have to do is grab 3 scoops, throw it in a shaker cup, annnd, done. Taste was kinda surprising at first, smelled like a jolly rancher, so i was expecting sweet, but I got tart, it's a taste that grows on you. Amazing ingredient profile, mixes really well. Gives me good revitalizing energy (think it's due to the taurine) and really really helps with the soreness. I normally can't walk the day after legs, so when I woke up the next morning and was able to walk around without looking like I just got out of prison with a cellmate named Bubba, I was sold. Universal for life. Are there any other companies that consistently make quality products like Universal?

Welcome to Clut Torrent brother. Torrent is indeed awesome.

Universal Rep
07-22-09, 12:51 pm
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/animal-universal/131356-review-torrent-scr.html#post2066149

"Easily the best Torrent in my mind the flavor is not dull at all its solid all the way through there were no lumps to be seen in 20 oz of water, The closest thing i can describe it to is tangy orange juice the color the taste the smell it all brings me back to that. Simply put universal got it right nicely done."

G Diesel
07-22-09, 12:56 pm
That seems to be the theme.... Take Torrent and you will never train without it. Again, if you ain't takin it, take it!!!!!!!!!

Word. What he said...

Since i am prone to putting on bodyfat, would torrent be a good idea? It has alot of sugar so i wasnt sure... im cutting right now but i was thinking of using torrent when i start bulking again. my second option would be real gains- i thought it might be better because of the much lower sugar content.

You'd be better off staying away from gainers in general and utilizing Torrent as it is meant to be (immediately postworkout). In such a scenario, those simple carbs will go towards shuttling nutrients, restoring glycogen and spiking insulin and not be stored as bodyfat. Beyond that though, try to limit your consumption of simple sugars beyond maybe some fruit in the morning.

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/animal-universal/131356-review-torrent-scr.html#post2066149

"Easily the best Torrent in my mind the flavor is not dull at all its solid all the way through there were no lumps to be seen in 20 oz of water, The closest thing i can describe it to is tangy orange juice the color the taste the smell it all brings me back to that. Simply put universal got it right nicely done."

No doubt about it SCR Torrent is amazing--delicious and refreshing... A staple of mine and a supplement that I actually look forward to taking.

Peace, G

Wasteland
07-22-09, 1:19 pm
Torrent has a great nutritional profile, no doubt about that.

hardworkE
08-04-09, 3:57 pm
I cannot even begin to say how good the Sour Citrus Rush Torrent is. At first I was hesitant about it, but after using GAA for the past couple of months I figured it would at least be a nice switch. I love GAA, after trying it for the first time I thought it was one of the best tasting supps out there.

SCR blows it out of the water. It is tasty, refreshing and light. This will be a staple in my PWO nutrition for a long time to come.

For everyone out there, get your hands on this flavor as soon as it becomes available. I've already passed the word on to about 15-20 people and they can't wait for bb.com to stock it.

Mr. Dead
08-10-09, 3:43 pm
"You really outdid yourselves with Torrent. I still can't say enough about your line of products, simply put they are the best out there. Now help me out-perform Torrent! "

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=118307391

bigweights74
08-10-09, 4:06 pm
"You really outdid yourselves with Torrent. I still can't say enough about your line of products, simply put they are the best out there. Now help me out-perform Torrent! "

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=118307391

Shit is awesome bro I personally love it one of the best products they have.

Mr. Dead
08-10-09, 5:41 pm
http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=118308401

"I was really impressed with this product. It carries a long history of positive reviews with it, this new flavor is more of the same -- awesomeness. As with many Universal products, you won't be disappointed."

Mr. Dead
08-10-09, 5:42 pm
Shit is awesome bro I personally love it one of the best products they have.

Agreed...

rayzer27
08-10-09, 7:37 pm
I've been taking torrent ever since it came out..and im just starting to actually take 2 scoops pre - workout and 3 post workout...anyone kno any pros or cons for taking it pre workout?

Mr. Dead
08-27-09, 1:22 pm
http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=118671221

"With solid results, and good/taste mixability I would recommend this to anyone looking for a good post workout product. The recovery was excellent, and the results were good too. Hands down the best postworkout product I've tried"

natandrb
08-28-09, 10:23 am
As I've posted before, I've been using Torrent for a while now and absolutely love it. However, I've found some research that says WMS is actually a lower GI carb source than simple white bread. Are there any plans to adjust the formula due to research like this? http://www.brinkzone.com/articledetails.php?aid=139&acatid=3 Not trying to start any shit, just curious.

Universal Rep
10-02-09, 2:19 pm
As I've posted before, I've been using Torrent for a while now and absolutely love it. However, I've found some research that says WMS is actually a lower GI carb source than simple white bread. Are there any plans to adjust the formula due to research like this? http://www.brinkzone.com/articledetails.php?aid=139&acatid=3 Not trying to start any shit, just curious.

Good question... Why do you think it should be?