PDA

View Full Version : The Best Amino Acid Supplement from Universal

Budsbythebeach
04-08-07, 10:27 pm
I was thinking it was liver tabs but from what i noticed the amino profile is based on 100grams of liver not the actual serving, could you reccomend what is the best for both pill/powder

Northman
04-08-07, 10:47 pm
At the risk of sounding like someone looking to please the higher ups here, I would recommend Animal Nitro. It has worked very well for me. It is affordable enough (if you order wholesale) to take 2 a day, one before and one after training. It is full of BCAAs and has lost of other essential aminos. It really helps with pumps and recovery. It is also versatile. You can add sugar or juice before and/or after with it to help with absorbtion and glycogen recovery if you are not dieting.
Again I say, really worth it.

Budsbythebeach
04-08-07, 10:54 pm
i appreciate the advice and im looking into nitro since ive never read up on it before, but i noticed what you said and yes im looking into it for dieting purposes.

Hercules
04-08-07, 10:54 pm
You'll be happy with Nitro. Read some of the stuff about it here on the Forvm. Many people switched brands, etc to Nitro because it's effective and very convenient.

Ricky P
04-08-07, 11:20 pm
I'm toward the end of Nitro right now, it's legit. I definitely would recommend it. If you're not into the pills, go for Nitro G in the powder form.

born0withno0soul
04-08-07, 11:28 pm
yea i switched to nitro g as well. great supplement and im not an all out universal freak either.

Mauricio
04-09-07, 5:59 am
It depends on how you want to use them. Amino acid (not protein) supplements are efficient only at certain times. They are great when you take them right before lifting and immediately after, and since we are talking about Universal these aminos are free from any chemical bond and you can't get better stuff than the Nitro or Nitro G. They also work as a anti-catabolic and anabolic supplement if taken with every meal and at least 6g of them. The liver tabs do not contain free form aminos, therefore they're not an amino supplement. If you want to get the most benefit from them, you should go with Amino Tech or 23 Aminos. Or if you have money to spare take the Nitro 4 up to 6 times a day.

Toni69
04-09-07, 6:41 am
I really like the BCAA stack (grape), EAA stack, and Nitro Pak. I use them all at some point or another. Nitro pak everyday before or after I train...depending how I choose to stack it. I use BCAA or EAA's on my off days and cardio days or just when I feel like my body is so exhausted..the stuff picks me up.

spartan300
04-09-07, 7:53 am
I was thinking it was liver tabs but from what i noticed the amino profile is based on 100grams of liver not the actual serving, could you reccomend what is the best for both pill/powder

AMINO TECH AND LIVER TABS! best combo ever! take 3 or 4 of each 4 to 5 times daily and watch yourself explode! Oh yeah nitro and nitro g are also very good.

Jaymafin
04-09-07, 9:13 am
i take 2 packs of nitro before i lift and a serving of EAA stack after. i never have a problem with enery or recovery. On hard training days or when i go big with 35+ sets i take EAA stack during and after and Toni said it too it really lifts me up.

G Diesel
04-09-07, 9:41 am
Personally, I like BCAA Stack and Animal Nitro. Plus, I like the amino blend found in Torrent. Peace, G

GK37
05-08-07, 2:10 am
what amino acid tabs are the best?? 1000, 3001, 23 Aminos?? also when should u take them? with meals and training?

Young&Hungry
05-08-07, 9:49 pm
The 1000, 3001, etc. are basically a whole spectrum of amino acids that you take throughout the day or pre/post training. I'd say if you're looking for aminos, look into Universal's Uni-Liver and take it with your meals throughout the day, and EAA Stack or Animal Nitro is much better suited for pre/post training, as they'll get you anabolic much faster as none of the aminos are wasted.

The Epidemic
05-08-07, 10:44 pm
eaa stack vs nitro ?

the eaa stack is way cheaper

Young&Hungry
05-08-07, 11:46 pm
eaa stack vs nitro ?

the eaa stack is way cheaper

I'm a staunch supporter of EAA Stack. I use it immediately after every training session and before bed or in the morning on off days, and my recovery time and strength has literally soared. In all honesty, it's my favorite supplement that I've ever taken. I mix it up with 20 oz. of Powerade and some creatine if I have it laying around.

The only thing you're "losing" out on over the Nitro is a fair extra dosage of BCAA's, and the built in carbs if it's Nitro G. Pick up a container, it's definatly got my seal of approval.

Naturally Huge
05-08-07, 11:56 pm
EAA Stack, 10g. glutamine, 1.5 scoops Vitargo post-workout for me.

GK37
05-09-07, 12:22 am
thx

The Epidemic
05-09-07, 11:57 pm
Whats better ??? ( all products are from UN)
1-Amino 1000 vs 23 Aminos vs Amino 1900 vs Amino 3001 vs GH Max vs Amino Tech vs liver tabs
2-BCAA 2000 vs BCAA Stack
3- bcaa stack vs eaa stack
4 just glumaite powder

GK37
05-10-07, 2:43 am
Whats better ??? ( all products are from UN)
1-Amino 1000 vs 23 Aminos vs Amino 1900 vs Amino 3001 vs GH Max vs Amino Tech vs liver tabs
2-BCAA 2000 vs BCAA Stack
3- bcaa stack vs eaa stack
4 just glumaite powder

im asking about #1--if you look they are all very similar

The Epidemic
05-11-07, 1:00 am
when i should i take eaa stack and bcaa stack and gulmainte?

Wasteland
05-11-07, 2:48 pm
Each Universal amino supplement has a different "fit" depending on your goals. What are you looking for in an amino acid supplement? Some come in quick acting powder, others are in a more time-released tablet. Some are comprehensive with up to 23 aminos, whereas others are more focused with only 3. Some are free form, others are peptide-bonded. Basically, it comes down to what you want the aminos to do...

The Epidemic
05-11-07, 11:14 pm
Each Universal amino supplement has a different "fit" depending on your goals. What are you looking for in an amino acid supplement? Some come in quick acting powder, others are in a more time-released tablet. Some are comprehensive with up to 23 aminos, whereas others are more focused with only 3. Some are free form, others are peptide-bonded. Basically, it comes down to what you want the aminos to do...
whats better for mass?

Freakshow
05-11-07, 11:20 pm
Would love to weigh in on one of these, but my expertise with amino supps is limited to Nitro and Nitro G. They both get my vote.

DavyO
05-12-07, 3:33 am
I have had the Amino 3001 once... good stuff probably IF you can swallow the enormous huge pills, i know i couldn't.

naturalguy
05-12-07, 10:00 am
Personally I like Animal Nitro however EAA stack and BCAA stack are all good options

GK37
05-13-07, 5:16 pm
which tabs would be best to take with meals to help utilize the protein you eat??

Young&Hungry
05-13-07, 5:29 pm
which tabs would be best to take with meals to help utilize the protein you eat??

Uni-Liver.

HAWK
05-13-07, 6:34 pm
I like Nitro bro. I swear by that stuff every day.

GK37
05-14-07, 6:18 pm
alritey

The Epidemic
05-16-07, 10:32 am
I need a quick answer: does it sence for me to buy a bcca stack and eaa stack, when i take 5 livetabs with all my meals?

when would be the best times to take the eaa bcca stack?

Giant Killer
05-16-07, 10:54 am
I need a quick answer: does it sence for me to buy a bcca stack and eaa stack, when i take 5 livetabs with all my meals?

I would go with bcaa stack. The liver tabs don't have a complete amino profile, so don't "count them". They're just icing on the cake.

Wasteland
05-16-07, 2:50 pm
whats better for mass?

If, by "mass", you're referring to size/weight, then the obvious answer is calories are the key. That said, I'd probably stick to EAAs and use them judiciously pre- and post-workout to spark anabolism (e.g., protein synthesis)--maybe Animal Nitro or EAA Stack. Without adequate calories though, your quest for mass will be quite difficult. Hope this answers your question.

Wasteland
05-16-07, 2:52 pm

You would ideally avoid EAAs, especially in free form, with meals. The point of free form EAAs, like those found in Animal Nitro, Nitro G, or EAA Stack, is to get them into your system quickly and efficiently. Taking them with meals means they'll likely have to compete for absorption.

I'm not aware of any aminos or amino blends that will help you utilize the protein you do eat more effectively. For that, you may consider digestive enzymes.

Wasteland
05-16-07, 2:55 pm

Taking BCAA and EAA Stack together seems pretty redundant--and unecessary. Liver tabs, while rich in aminos and other nutrients, do not necessarily have the same applications as EAA Stack or other EAA supplements. I take Uni-Liver for supplemental protein (aminos). EAA Stack is a more focused, specialty amino acid product to be used before lifting and/or after lifting. Uni-Liver, on the other hand, you'd supplement throughout the day, in a general way. Hope this makes sense.

The Epidemic
05-16-07, 3:15 pm
I just got the bcca stack today.. when is the best time to take them on workout days and rest days?

Wasteland
05-16-07, 3:17 pm
I just got the bcca stack today.. when is the best time to take them on workout days and rest days?

What are your goals? Are you doing cardio? Just lifting?

The Epidemic
05-16-07, 8:17 pm
I am thinking of maybe doing a BB show in may 2008 at 198.. My goal is bulk to 230.

GK37
11-06-07, 1:48 am
EAA Stack is the shit

i take it right after a workout now

basically, it is a cheaper version of nitro, but still with high quality

Mr. Dead
12-09-09, 3:05 pm
I know that this is a very strong bump for this thread... But, I have to give a shout out for EAA Stack... The Juicy Watermelon tastes like a Jolly Rancher to me... And, I even get to have it during my contest prep... During summer, you can make some up, freeze it, and have an anabolic popsicle!!! It's one of my staples, for sure...

mritter3
12-09-09, 4:57 pm
I know that this is a very strong bump for this thread... But, I have to give a shout out for EAA Stack... The Juicy Watermelon tastes like a Jolly Rancher to me... And, I even get to have it during my contest prep... During summer, you can make some up, freeze it, and have an anabolic popsicle!!! It's one of my staples, for sure...

i lke the idea deadman....gonna have to try that next summer for sure...love that flavor...and by the way solid bump...this thread was 2 years old..

Mr. Dead
12-09-09, 5:22 pm
i lke the idea deadman....gonna have to try that next summer for sure...love that flavor...and by the way solid bump...this thread was 2 years old..

*LOL*Recently there's been a few threads popping up about amino products, so I figured I'd dust this one off...

mnmvilla2002
01-04-11, 9:16 am
I just got some Juicy Watermelon in the mail. Not sure if it is the best Amino Acid Supplement by Universal but MAN does it taste GOOD. It makes drinking water alot better.

Jay
01-05-11, 6:41 pm
It sure does! I have some myself although rumor has it the new kid on the block [atomic 7] is out there kickin butts and takin names..........

Big C
01-05-11, 7:15 pm
So far I'm diggin Atomic 7...watermellon flavor of course. One serving during my workout and one with my postworkout meal. Can't beat the price either....I'm gonna grab 3 more tubs off DPS for $60.

BarbellManiac
01-05-11, 8:15 pm
EAA Nitro FTW!

Jay
01-06-11, 7:23 am
So far I'm diggin Atomic 7...watermellon flavor of course. One serving during my workout and one with my postworkout meal. Can't beat the price either....I'm gonna grab 3 more tubs off DPS for $60.

At $20 each, thats a great deal. I just looked around on that site and universal supps are reasonably priced.

Jay
01-06-11, 7:26 am
EAA Nitro FTW!

I just got some for xmas and look forward to trying it soon. Are you taking it post workout?

BarbellManiac
01-06-11, 7:30 am
I just got some for xmas and look forward to trying it soon. Are you taking it post workout?

I plan on taking it pre and post, my order will hopefully arrive today. Post is more likely though.

Bruiser
03-10-11, 7:12 pm
I still say Uni-Liver is the best amino supplement