PDA

View Full Version : Torrent Doesn't Have Enough Protein...

Universal Rep
04-12-07, 12:14 pm
I don't know how many times I'm answering this question on other forums...

Torrent contains WPH. Hydrolyzed whey is not the same thing as regular whey concentrate or even isolates. It's far more efficient--more efficient than even free form aminos. So 1g of WPH does not equal 1g of WPC or WPI.

Then there's the potent 8g dose of various leucines, the money amino. Between these two, Torrent is packed. Besides, Torrent is meant for use right after lifting. After Torrent, a regular food meal adds extra protein/carbs/fats too... Just wanted to post this fellas.

UPDATED. Interesting study...
http://www.ajcn.org/cgi/content/abstract/89/1/161

Study above gives us some guidance as to how much protein we should be consuming postworkout. That amount is 20g, which according to researchers is "sufficient to maximallystimulate MPS" after lifting. It suggests that anything more is beyond "maximal" levels. Torrent uses 20g of protein but the difference is that the study above used egg protein, whereas Torrent uses WPH, a much more efficient form of protein. So the 20g of WPH in Torrent should be more than enough (answering the many questions that people ask about whether or not Torrent has enough protein).

JMC
04-12-07, 1:13 pm
Don't know if this has been brought up, but do you think Univ. may opt to make a bigger Torrent jug, 5 or 6 lb-er maybe? I always like to buy as big as I can....less S&H costs with less orders if you know what I mean....

emcdaniels
04-12-07, 1:15 pm
Don't know if this has been brought up, but do you think Univ. may opt to make a bigger Torrent jug, 5 or 6 lb-er maybe? I always like to buy as big as I can....less S&H costs with less orders if you know what I mean....

Totally agree with this. Seems like the current size will get used up really fast. I've had mine for about a week and its just about halfway gone. =(

Ricky P
04-12-07, 1:17 pm
Hey Rep, I was wondering if there were other flavors in development for Torrent?

gsb239
04-12-07, 1:17 pm
Totally agree with this. Seems like the current size will get used up really fast. I've had mine for about a week and its just about halfway gone. =(

How many servings are in the current size? 15?

JMC
04-12-07, 1:22 pm
How many servings are in the current size? 15?

Yes 15 @ 3 scoops/svg

naturalguy
04-13-07, 11:22 am
Furthermore to take advantage of the properties of waxy maize starch, you wouldn't want any more protein in the formula.

darkside64
04-16-07, 12:49 pm
thanks bro, I might as well bug you with this question. Torrent has about 50 grams of simple carbs. Is that enough? I weigh about 250 and am used to taking in like 70 grams of sucrose and dextrose after my workout. Anyway I'm thinking of getting this product in the future just want to get my facts down.

Torrent contains WPH. Hydrolyzed whey is not the same thing as regular whey concentrate or even isolates. It's far more efficient--more efficient than even free form aminos. So 1g of WPH does not equal 1g of WPC or WPI.

Then there's the potent 8g dose of various leucines, the money amino. Between these two, Torrent is packed. Besides, Torrent is meant for use right after lifting. After Torrent, a regular food meal adds extra protein/carbs/fats too... Just wanted to post this fellas.

naturalguy
04-18-07, 3:37 pm
thanks bro, I might as well bug you with this question. Torrent has about 50 grams of simple carbs. Is that enough? I weigh about 250 and am used to taking in like 70 grams of sucrose and dextrose after my workout. Anyway I'm thinking of getting this product in the future just want to get my facts down.

Some bigger guys may need a larger serving. I know Gdiesel uses 4 scoops.

NickSP
04-18-07, 3:40 pm
Think of it more as an anabolism kickstart rather than a powder for bulk macronutrients (although there is a fair amount of carbs)....so make sure you get some good food in after you down the Torrent. And yeah it's definitely aright to take more sugars, shit I'm under 175 and I take a little over half a scoop or so of gatorade powder with my Nitro before I drink my Torrent.

Universal Rep
04-18-07, 3:51 pm

I'd start with the regular suggested use to see how it works for ya. But yeah, you can up the serving.

Also keep in mind that Torrent, post-workout, is not the only answer. You also have to take consideration the whole food meal that will follow the Torrent (and even the pre-workout meal). Provided that your first whole food meal after Torrent is solid, you may not need any more Torrent...

Universal Rep
04-18-07, 3:53 pm
Think of it more as an anabolism kickstart rather than a powder for bulk macronutrients (although there is a fair amount of carbs)....so make sure you get some good food in after you down the Torrent. And yeah it's definitely aright to take more sugars, shit I'm under 175 and I take a little over half a scoop or so of gatorade powder with my Nitro before I drink my Torrent.

Exactly. Torrent is the "kickstart" that gets the anabolism going. Torrent will work hand in hand with the meal that follows. The nutritional "window of opportunity" following lifting is not really that short, so you should be able to get Torrent and a meal in for max results.

BigAnt
04-18-07, 10:44 pm

And we all know that you need more carbs than protein RIGHT AFTER you workout..this formula is 100% perfect for your post workout...and if you think you need more protein -calories (this is what I do), have an Ultra Iso-Whey shake 1 hour later, than, 1 hour later have a protein-carb meal, I have 95% lean ground beef with rice..

DRIVEN
04-18-07, 11:50 pm
soo...would you take nitro before torrent, or ?

emcdaniels
04-19-07, 12:21 am

I take my Nitro with Torrent. Myself aswell as other much more noteable people have been refering to it as "Anabolic Insurance".

I've found it a little difficult to eat for about 2 hours or so after taking torrent, so I've been downing a protein shake about 40 minutes after Torrent like BigAnt mentioned.

BigAnt
04-20-07, 11:38 pm

I take them together!

RoJoHen
05-06-07, 8:37 pm
I just started Torrent today, and I just want to be clear. I was a little thrown off by the 20g of protein per serving thing, too.

It's a different, more efficient protein than whey. Should I still drink a whey shake PWO at some point, or is a big meal sufficient? I'm used to taking down a 50-60g whey shake and then having a meal about 45 minutes later.

I just don't want to overwhelm my body with too much protein.

ldskenpo
05-07-07, 12:16 am
i got hooked on mixing nitro g and storm in a qt of water together a couple months back ( 1 of my daughters calls it muscle juice), so now that i am doing the torrent test i drink the "juice" at the beginning of my workout and torrent after.
Robert

MELTDOWN
05-07-07, 12:26 am
And we all know that you need more carbs than protein RIGHT AFTER you workout..this formula is 100% perfect for your post workout...and if you think you need more protein -calories (this is what I do), have an Ultra Iso-Whey shake 1 hour later, than, 1 hour later have a protein-carb meal, I have 95% lean ground beef with rice..

i just tried Wrath's ground beef with yams.....ummm ummm ummm ummm....NASTY.....but it has to work to taste so bad.

o2
05-07-07, 8:46 pm
If anyone hates the feeling of being bloated after suckin down your delicious PWO shake, Torrent is the solution. Sometimes drinkin that PWO shake leaves you so full that you find you can't eat a meal 1.5 hours later. Not with torrent. This stuff is great, it goes down like water and it tastes awesome. Its now my staple PWO shake. Bullseye.

BigAnt
05-08-07, 2:12 am
i got hooked on mixing nitro g and storm in a qt of water together a couple months back ( 1 of my daughters calls it muscle juice), so now that i am doing the torrent test i drink the "juice" at the beginning of my workout and torrent after.
Robert

how do you like it?

ldskenpo
05-08-07, 1:21 pm
how do you like it?

how do i lke the storm and nitro g mixture? i am addicted to it, the torrent although the first time i drank it , the taste wasnt the best but now it has grown on me. it has been suggested i mix nitro g with the torrent, which i think i will try.
Robert

mattf
05-08-07, 1:29 pm
i just tried Wrath's ground beef with yams.....ummm ummm ummm ummm....NASTY.....but it has to work to taste so bad.

WHAT! I love ground beef and yams! Train hard. Peace,
Matt

Wasteland
05-08-07, 2:33 pm
I just started Torrent today, and I just want to be clear. I was a little thrown off by the 20g of protein per serving thing, too.

It's a different, more efficient protein than whey. Should I still drink a whey shake PWO at some point, or is a big meal sufficient? I'm used to taking down a 50-60g whey shake and then having a meal about 45 minutes later.

I just don't want to overwhelm my body with too much protein.

I know it seems a little strange because 20g sounds "low". Just seems like everyone who uses supplements is into the "more is better" mentality. Just remember a couple of things--first, you're also getting that 8,000mg leucine complex. Many would argue that leucine is really the key amino here when it comes to anabolism. Second, Torrent is not supposed to cover your bases for the rest of the day. It's targeted for the nutritional window of opportunity. Think about it this way--you hit the gym, you get your work done, then you're out. Torrent is like that. Gives you what you need when you need it. Remember, there's always that next meal after Torrent anyway (whenever it comes). That'll provide you with more protein, carbs and fat.

RenegadeRows
01-29-08, 10:47 pm
lol I took this nutrition class at my college for the sole purpose of knowing how to feed myself better and our text says that there is no human body that can efficiently digest more than 35g of protein at one time. Think I also read an article on BB.com by bob chicarillo that said he is 300 lbs in the offseason and eats 10 or so small meals a day with sensible amount of protein totalling up to 500-600g of protein a day, he claims that for this reason, he doesnt have to spend numerous hours on the shitter everyday. His point was...LET YOUR INTAKES BE REALISTIC AND SENSIBLE!

Im sorry for the U Rep that has to deal with all the ignorance.

Enforcer
02-04-08, 10:58 am
Try this to make the taste better- make the ground beef into a a burger say on the Foreman Grill and once it is done cut it up on a plate into pieces and place it into a rubbermaid plastic container, then what you do is make ur yam in apot on the stove and when it is done cut that up into pieces and add it with the ground beef- then what you do is add some bbq sauce to it (i dont worry about condiments when making food, its only a little bit of sodium which i can sweat out at the gym). Mix it all up and you have yourself one delicious meal.

krazyassmexican
02-04-08, 11:04 am
lol I took this nutrition class at my college for the sole purpose of knowing how to feed myself better and our text says that there is no human body that can efficiently digest more than 35g of protein at one time. Think I also read an article on BB.com by bob chicarillo that said he is 300 lbs in the offseason and eats 10 or so small meals a day with sensible amount of protein totalling up to 500-600g of protein a day, he claims that for this reason, he doesnt have to spend numerous hours on the shitter everyday. His point was...LET YOUR INTAKES BE REALISTIC AND SENSIBLE!

your body will get used to large ammounts of protein
and be efficent enough to diggest 50grams of protein each meal later on
specially if you work out

sorry but most of those classes are aimed for mr joe

Wasteland
02-04-08, 11:19 am

Can you get your professor to cite the evidence on the 35 grams? I'm guessing you'll have a difficult time getting that. If you do, please post it up.

Keep in mind that bodybuilders, like others in general, have different needs/goals with protein.

Universal Rep
09-15-08, 10:49 am
Just bumpin' this thread as I've gotten a few questions about it lately. Also, now that Intra-Aid has been launched, thought it'd be a good time to talk about the anabolic window of opportunity and how all the parts fit together, pre-, intra-, and post-workout nutrition.

Universal Rep
02-27-09, 1:57 pm
Some fancy, smancy science, for those interested. Some useful insights: http://www.ajcn.org/cgi/content/abstract/89/1/161

dannynb
02-27-09, 3:16 pm
Just bumpin' this thread as I've gotten a few questions about it lately. Also, now that Intra-Aid has been launched, thought it'd be a good time to talk about the anabolic window of opportunity and how all the parts fit together, pre-, intra-, and post-workout nutrition.

Been using Intra-Aid since it hit the shelves and always have used a pwo shake of WPH and dex, and a solid meal before lifting.....I've tried pump and love it. Last night I tried Shock Therapy 30 minutes before I lifted and than mixed Storm and Intra-Aid and sipped on it during my workout.....HOLY SHYTE!!!! More intensity and weight last night, less fatigue this morning....I am def a fan of Shock and Storm now....fixingto order me soem Torrent tonight.

U-Rep....is there and Animal Anonymous Support Group...cause I'm hooked.

Wasteland
02-27-09, 3:43 pm
An ounce of pure gold is worth more than a pound of gold ore with just a sliver of gold.

dominate77
06-11-09, 6:28 pm
I know on the FAQ it says it has enough protein, but do you guys ever take in another scoop of WPI or has the 3 scoop's of torrent been good enough? Been thinking about taking it over what i'm taking now.

and i did search but didn't find anything.

Shamus11B
06-11-09, 6:41 pm
I will tell you this, I have taken competitors brands of PWO drinks. Never has anything produced the recovery and performance that torrent has. It works great for me and numerous others, I recommend atleast buying the small tub and giving it a go. You will be pleasently surprised and its freaking delicious.

Survivor831
06-11-09, 7:36 pm
Nothing works like Torrent. This is without a doubt one of if not the best in the entire Universal Line. I have been on it for a year and it is one product I will never train without. If You feel like you need more protein, have a scoop of Iso Whey about 30 min later. Then maybe an hour or so after that have your whole food meal. This has worked great for me.

dominate77
06-11-09, 8:12 pm
have a scoop of Iso Whey about 30 min later. Then maybe an hour or so after that have your whole food meal. This has worked great for me.

so you've added another scoop, just having it a little later?

futurefreak101
06-11-09, 8:17 pm
i use 3 scoops all the time. i highly reccomend to buy the 5 pound tub of either green apple or cherry whichever one it doesnt really matter because there both REALLY REFRESHING if you just trained in a hott ass gym and did work.

i take torrent as soon as im done with my workout.
i drive home which totals to about 30 minutes then have 2 scoops of whey protein isolate with 50 grams of protein.

but yea get the 5 pound tub it lasts a long time..tastes great in any flavor...and is pretty cheap. and yes it has enough protein in it..just make a shake and hour later.

mritter3
06-11-09, 8:48 pm
3 scoops of torrent is just enough....you dont need anymore.

Survivor831
06-11-09, 11:44 pm
Torrent right after my workout.... 30 minutes later, 1 scoop Iso Whey....1 hour later, whole food meal. Took this from Ox after I saw him train legs on MD TV. I have seen great results ever since. Not his exact ratios, but same plan. I'm sure he needs a little more. You get the idea.

Littlefry
06-12-09, 1:06 am
Torrent right after my workout.... 30 minutes later, 1 scoop Iso Whey....1 hour later, whole food meal. Took this from Ox after I saw him train legs on MD TV. I have seen great results ever since. Not his exact ratios, but same plan. I'm sure he needs a little more. You get the idea.

Yea Ive watch that leg training series with Ox. He downs 3 scoops of torrent along with 3 pack of Nitro immediately post workout. 3 pack of nitro is crazy but I guess at that size and after that intense leg workout he needed all those BCAA's.

dominate77
06-12-09, 1:57 am
sounds good i'll give it a go next order.

i don't think i'll bother with a shake than. an hour later i always eat a real meal.

dominate77
06-12-09, 1:58 am
Yea Ive watch that leg training series with Ox. He downs 3 scoops of torrent along with 3 pack of Nitro immediately post workout. 3 pack of nitro is crazy but I guess at that size and after that intense leg workout he needed all those BCAA's.

holy hell, that would be some bill if he was paying for it.

Aggression
06-12-09, 8:57 am
Slam Torrent, and only Torrent, post workout. 30-45min later, have a whey shake or a full whole food meal, preferably the latter.

Littlefry
06-12-09, 7:21 pm
Yea he said he is a firm beleiver in nitro, says he can tell it works and wouldnt be without it.

Universal Rep
06-16-09, 1:26 pm
http://www.ajcn.org/cgi/content/abstract/89/1/161

20 grams.

Coupla interesting observations here. First, this gives us some guidance as to how much protein we should be consuming postworkout. That amount is 20g, which according to researchers is "sufficient to maximallystimulate MPS" after lifting. It suggests that anything more is beyond "maximal" levels.

Also interesting is that Torrent uses 20g of protein. The difference is that the study above used egg protein, whereas Torrent uses WPH, a much more efficient form of protein. So the 20g of WPH in Torrent should be more than enough (answering the many questions that people ask about whether or not Torrent has enough protein).

The study may also give us some ideas about that age old question--how much protein can I utilize in one sitting? Anyways, food for thought fellas.

Wasteland
06-16-09, 1:53 pm
20 grams.

Creatine, protein, supplements of all kinds--why do people always think more is better? Sometimes, less is more.

Universal Rep
06-16-09, 2:21 pm
Creatine, protein, supplements of all kinds--why do people always think more is better? Sometimes, less is more.

Tell me about it brother... I see it all the time. If 6g of ffEAAs are good, why not 30??? And so on.

Universal Rep
09-10-09, 12:48 pm
Bumpin' this cuz I've answered this question quite a few times already today....

Bran88
09-10-09, 1:16 pm
Bumpin' this cuz I've answered this question quite a few times already today....

Thanks a lot rep! I was curious about this myself!

Universal Rep
09-10-09, 1:17 pm
Thanks a lot rep! I was curious about this myself!

Many are and it's one of the most popular Torrent FAQs...