PDA

View Full Version : What's your favorite pre-workout meal?

~LV~
01-16-07, 12:34 pm
Mine is 2 scoops of whey with 1 cup of oats, 2g CEE, and 1 serving of aminos about an hour before training.

What's yours?

Angry
01-16-07, 12:38 pm
Mine is about the same, 2 scoops whey 1\2 cup oats.

BLOWNBY
01-16-07, 12:49 pm
I too like two scoops of protein in some oatmeal!

determined
01-16-07, 3:34 pm
2 scoops of whey protein in 16 oz skim milk

majmus
01-16-07, 3:41 pm
mine is white rice with chicken and chinese sauce , full of simple natural carbs than before workout 1,5 scop of shock terapy + 6 grams of bcaa

Eric
01-16-07, 3:49 pm
Mine is skim milk, 45g of whey isolate. 5g glutamine. Two whole wheat bread slices and a banana. 30 min before hitting the weights!

~LV~
01-17-07, 11:29 am
Looks good fellas - keep em commin....

The teske
01-17-07, 7:32 pm
scoop of whey bananna and a pint of milk all blended together!

IntensityJT
01-17-07, 7:34 pm
protein shake w/ creatine, and a banana

LuvsThePain
01-17-07, 7:36 pm
I usually have a bowl of oatmeal mixed with milk not water and an oat cookie. If I eat too much before training I'll harf it up. 25 grams of protein post workout mixed with milk after im done. The body can only metabolise up to 30 grams at a time.

propstm
01-17-07, 8:16 pm
30mins prior to workout
Shake w/:

1 scoop protein (gainer) @ ~630cals
1/2 cup of oats (pre ground)
16-20oz Milk

20 mins later:
16oz water w/ 1 scoop Storm
(and if morning workout) 1 scoop Shock Therapy

Apocalypse
01-18-07, 9:08 am
Well I am pressed for time in the morning so usually just chug a muscle milk RTD or a whey protein drink with Skim milk....dont like a bunch of food pre-workout...And I have to slam that down around 2:30 am to make my 3 am workout time....(6' 230 trying to get leaner)

The_Dude
01-18-07, 9:12 am
A slice of whole wheat bread with some peanut butter, half of a banana and a cuban coffee.

RoJoHen
02-01-07, 5:49 pm
I know it's important to consume a good amount of carbs before a workout in order to give you energy, but I have a few questions.

How much of your daily amount of carbs should be consumed during this meal?

When do you eat your pre-workout meal? I know some of the paks like Pump tell you to take them on an empty stomach to maximize absorbtion, and that you should take them about 30 minutes before your workout. Where does food fit in to this equation? I typically take a protein shake about 15 minutes after Pump to give me fuel for my lift, but when should I eat my full meal so as to maximize both the effect of Pump and to put the carbs to use?

LOFT
02-01-07, 6:03 pm
Approach your Pre-Workout meal like any other meal. Maybe a little lighter though. Whatever you prefer..just as long as you get it in. I would train about an hour or an hour 1/2 after I eat my meal. And as far as energy goes.......I assume your getting your constant meals in during the day along with good carbs......so your glycogen levels should be high. Glycogen (carb stores) get low after your workout...then eat your post-meal to replenish it. Be sure to eat a carb along with your protein shake.......burn carbs, not protein. And as long as you take your pump about 45 minutes or so before your pre-meal i think you'll be fine.....taking it on an empty stomach just makes it absorb better....

Jaymafin
02-02-07, 9:01 am
I do a half cup of oats, 50 gram protein shake and an apple with natty PB about an hour and a half before i lift. For me its perfect. I used to do pump an hour and a half before than a 30/30 shake an hour before, 30/30 shake during, then a 30/30 shake immedietly after. Takes a little getting used to but it works.

"6"
02-02-07, 2:57 pm
I don't specifically take a pre-workout meal. Makes me sick if I take anything right before a workout. So I consider my last big meal my pre-workout meal. An hour and a half after a big meal I would take my pre-workout supps, then half an hour after that I workout. I tried a light protein shake half an hour before but ended up emptying it out in the gym bathroom. But that's just me. Experiment a little and find what works for you.

Eg:

8.00am Breakfast(eggs & oatmeal)

9.30am Pump, EAA's, wash down with grape juice

10.00am Workout.

workoutfreakk
02-02-07, 11:45 pm
I have a protein shake with about 30 grams of whey and an apple 30 minutes before I lift. I take this about an hour and a half to two hours after a bigger meal. I'm a firm believer in fueling yourself before a workout, and don't care for preworkout supplements that require taking them on an empty stomach.

ct italian 1
02-13-07, 1:01 pm
meal #4 for me around 2:20 (usually a 100% whole wheat bagel and 8oz OJ). then I have a shake w/ 48g whey of whey about 45 min preworkout (4:15 or so), pump around 4:30, and workout at 5. hope that helps.

randomality
02-13-07, 7:44 pm
I have a protein shake with about 30 grams of whey and an apple 30 minutes before I lift. I take this about an hour and a half to two hours after a bigger meal. I'm a firm believer in fueling yourself before a workout, and don't care for preworkout supplements that require taking them on an empty stomach.

your stats don't lie!

i do a full meal of chicken/tuna, 2 pieces of fruit, and 1 tbsp of nut butter (usually peanut, but almond is damn tasty!) about 1.5 hours prior to lifting

Jaymafin
02-14-07, 11:10 am
I recently read in the most recent MNF about this very topic. The nutritional guy behind Jay Cutler said it was not the best to eat a meal like the one you eat that soon before you eat. He said that it takes a long time to digest among other things (i forget all of the reasons) and could affect your lifting. Just a heads up bro.

randomality
02-14-07, 1:11 pm
I recently read in the most recent MNF about this very topic. The nutritional guy behind Jay Cutler said it was not the best to eat a meal like the one you eat that soon before you eat. He said that it takes a long time to digest among other things (i forget all of the reasons) and could affect your lifting. Just a heads up bro.

thanks bro. i've actually been thinking about changing it up a bit... experimenting as it usually pays off. what do you think? taking out the peanut butter and chicken/tuna and replacing it with a whey and casein (4:1 whey:casein) shake 1.5 hours prior to lifting?

not doing it right now because i'm cutting for a show (THIS SATURDAY!! WHOOO!!!), but will when i transition off of it into bulking again.

oh yeah... if you guys want to REALLY jack up your muscle gains, try this little drink concoction that i do:

100 grams of BCAA powder in a gallon of crystal light or iced tea sipped throughout the day.

i've been drinking 4 BCAA drinks each w/25-30 grams of BCAAs while doing an extreme cut, and have actually gained a noticeable amount of mass... despite being carb depleted like crazy. my girl says my arms got bigger and it feels true because the sleeves on my shirt feel as tight as i was prior to cutting, and looking way more cut.

now imagine implementing this into a bulking regimen...

T. Kemble
02-14-07, 1:20 pm
100 grams of BCAA powder in a gallon of crystal light or iced tea sipped throughout the day.

i've never heard of doing that before, are you taking in enough h2o to flush out your kidneys?

randomality
02-14-07, 1:32 pm
i've never heard of doing that before, are you taking in enough h2o to flush out your kidneys?

7 liters a day!

speedster00
02-14-07, 2:17 pm
My morning goes like this:
7:30 one whole egg with 1/3 cup of whites. one serving of grits or oatmeal.

11:00 Lunch. Usually grilled chicken and potatoes. Or a can of Chilli.

1pm. Protein shake (45grams) with 1/2 serving of dextrose and off to the gym

When I get back around 2:30- another shake of protein and Dex but this time I add maltodextrine as well.

4:00- another meal or bar of some sort

7:00pm dinner- meat and vegy.

10pm before bed- can of chicken breast.

With all that I usualy end up around 225 grams of protein a day.

mikep11193
05-20-07, 12:08 pm
I get up at 4:30AM so I can train at about 6:00 AM. I need a good pre-workout, protien/carb complex that will get into my system fast and fuel me through 45 min. of gut bustin' training. I follow up the workout with Nitro_G and a post-workout complex, so I covered there. Any ideas?

TufffGuY
05-20-07, 12:23 pm
I suggest eating some eggs and oatmeal when you wake up, then on your way to the gym take Animal Pump, it will definitley get you up and going.

gsb239
05-20-07, 9:16 pm
I usually have a shake with oats and an apple preworkout. Eggs are good too, just might leave you a little full.

Chin
05-21-07, 1:03 pm
I would head straight for the fruit.. Fructose would help energize you and then I would eat some oatmeal for the long haul in the gym

Chin

karmazon
05-21-07, 1:07 pm
I would head straight for the fruit.. Fructose would help energize you and then I would eat some oatmeal for the long haul in the gym

Chin

Don't forget about protein!

Chin
05-22-07, 1:11 am
Don't forget about protein!

Yeah Obviously... I just meant before... Going to the gym without some sort of protein would just be like going to the gym friggin naked. I would be scared to think about it.

Chin

LegendKillerJosh
06-09-07, 9:33 am
Hey animals thanks for reading. I get up at 8:30 and hit the gym at 10:30. I want to eat enough to give me good energy for the workout but not eat too much that my stomach is full so I don't cramp up and can get a good pump still. My breakfast would normally be about 2 hard boiled eggs, a peanut butter sandwich and a glass of whole fruit juice. I finish breakfast at about 9 and take my pack at 10. Do you guys think this is too much or too little food?? thanks for your responses.

Frankie86
06-09-07, 12:35 pm
protein shake in 12 oz of water

30 minutes later..6 egghwites with about 3-4 slices of honeyroasted turkey and about 1/4 a cup of brown rice and a peach..then i take my animal pak and hit the gym..im currently cutting..does this sound like too much for cutting?

whatnow5
06-09-07, 1:24 pm
about 50 mins before I leave for the gym I eat:
a medium sized yam
ground beef(sometimes chicken or tuna)
sometimes an energy drink with this meal
then 30 mins later my animal pak

simple but very effective, all the nutrients in the yam and animal pak give me a great pump without NO/creatine. I have never and most likely will never use NO or creatine.

Toni69
06-09-07, 3:43 pm
about 50 mins before I leave for the gym I eat:
a medium sized yam
ground beef(sometimes chicken or tuna)
sometimes an energy drink with this meal
then 30 mins later my animal pak

simple but very effective, all the nutrients in the yam and animal pak give me a great pump without NO/creatine. I have never and most likely will never use NO or creatine.

I love my sweet potatoes/yams..I carb up on them daily...that and my oats. Sometimes I throw crackilin oat bran into the mix or a lowfat granola...about a handful...or two! hahaha! I just dont use animal pak before training..I go wiih pump and shock therapy or cuts and shock therapy..depends whether I am dieting or not. Since I just finished a show, I will be going back to pump and shock therapy and then nitro pak after I train with storm...then my post workout shake with raw instant oats. An hour after that..a small meal higher in protein and fats.

afshin
06-09-07, 5:41 pm
I try to keep it simple, BCAA's one piece of bread or 1\2 of oats with milk

ct italian 1
06-09-07, 8:12 pm
lately ive switched to a scoop of whey in water, 1/2 cup oats (1 cup cooked), and like a medium apple or large peach.

Northman
06-09-07, 11:29 pm

This is similar to what I do. The difference is this...
I work out at 7:30 in the morning. I have my apple and a shake (in water) at 5:30am (I set my alarm to get up and quickly eat). I next get up at 7:00am and knock back some shock therapy and 1-2 scoops of WMS (depending on whether or not I am cutting), then I head to the gym.

Northman
06-09-07, 11:33 pm
Hey animals thanks for reading. I get up at 8:30 and hit the gym at 10:30. I want to eat enough to give me good energy for the workout but not eat too much that my stomach is full so I don't cramp up and can get a good pump still. My breakfast would normally be about 2 hard boiled eggs, a peanut butter sandwich and a glass of whole fruit juice. I finish breakfast at about 9 and take my pack at 10. Do you guys think this is too much or too little food?? thanks for your responses.

Take your pak with food. It helps with the absorption. Also ingest more protein... 2 eggs isn't enough.

Naturally Huge
06-10-07, 12:15 am
2 scoops whey protein isolate mixed in 1 cup quick oatmeal or MRP shake.

bigrhino
06-10-07, 12:18 am
where's all the whole food in these meals. i need some chicken or beef with some oats or rice, and some nuts. a shake won't get me through for very long.

bigrhino
06-10-07, 12:19 am
during the w/o i'll have some BCAA's, glutamine mixed with some orange juice. i have some storm, but am waiting to use it when i run out of Pump.

Naturally Huge
06-10-07, 12:22 am
Chicken and beef is probably not your best option for a pre-workout meal unless they are eaten at least 2 hours before training. They take longer to break down and digest. Protein powder, eggwhites, oats, etc. are easliy digested so they don't sit in your stomach during training.

bigrhino
06-10-07, 12:34 am
well i do eat every 2 hours. sometimes every 1:45 if i get too hungry. the food is out of my stomach (not bloated or sticking out) about 15 min later. i am in the gym about 10-30 min after finishing my meal. i've tried shakes (oats, whey) but i run out of energy really quick.
maybe it is the meal 2-3 hrs before the w/o that fuels me through it, but each meal before my w/o makes a dif. if i skip one, my performance suffers.

Rhetoric
06-10-07, 12:56 am
1 scoop whey protein, 2.5 grams creatine, 1 banana and 1 serving of Shock Therapy

Northman
06-11-07, 7:56 pm
Oh yeah, I almost forgot since it is just common sense to me. I have my Pak with the apple and shake.

hbat464
07-18-07, 12:25 pm
oatmeal or yam and a 50grams of protein.
Or 50 grams protein plus gatorade.

barnhart14
07-18-07, 12:49 pm
I eat about 6-10 egg whites, bowl of special k red berries, along with taking the PAK and Shock Therapy before I work out.

gabec89
08-06-07, 9:16 pm
2 peanut butter and jelly sandwiches a cup of milk and a protein shake(2 scoops of whey protein)
Animal pump
Animal pak

ct italian 1
08-07-07, 7:50 am
gabec...how are your results eating the pb&j pre? I've read places that eating high fat meals prior to training can hamper the release of GH. don't know how valid it is or not.

gabec89
08-12-07, 6:45 pm
Well actually since ive started eating the pb and j's pre workout, i feel more energized and have more strength. Before this I used to eat 2 potatoes but i feel better with the pb and j's. Ive never heard of the high fat before working out is bad. Not sure if its tru but rhe sands work for me.

jhicks3301
08-30-07, 1:51 pm
Well actually since ive started eating the pb and j's pre workout, i feel more energized and have more strength. Before this I used to eat 2 potatoes but i feel better with the pb and j's. Ive never heard of the high fat before working out is bad. Not sure if its tru but rhe sands work for me.

I've actually started trying the PB & J's myself here latley.. 45 min Pre workout.
I do Whole Wheat/Grain bread with Natural Chunky PB and then the jelly...

Awesome workouts since I've been on it... So I'll be sticking to this for a while pre workout.

barischeg
08-30-07, 1:55 pm
2 hours to the workout, ill have a solid meal, chicken, beef etc, with some good carbs oats, pot, yams... 1 hour to the workout a protein shake... 45 mins to wokout m-stak.. 30 mins to the workout i start sippin on my purplewrathm which is a EAA drink very identical to nitro but wihtou any carbs.. i sip on it till i get to the gym and then i mutate... let the beast loose and u dont wanna be around....haha

mikejones1
08-30-07, 3:00 pm
Chicken and beef is probably not your best option for a pre-workout meal unless they are eaten at least 2 hours before training. They take longer to break down and digest. Protein powder, eggwhites, oats, etc. are easliy digested so they don't sit in your stomach during training.

ive been eating 8-12 oz. of chicken and a half a cup of of brown rice (before cooking) a hour to an hour 1/2 before my workout for probly 4 months now, probly longer. im bulking up, not that it probly matters? i dont know, but

could this be part of the reason for why im not growing?

my meals before my workout look like this for example
8am 12 eggs whites 1 cup of oatmeal, or 2 servings
11am 10-12 oz steak with veggies
1:30pm 8-12oz chicken with 1/2 cup rice
usually finish eating this in an hour, once im done eating i wait another hour to and hour 1/2 to digest then i hit the gym, so say
3:30 gym

dont mean to change this thread up but what naturally huge said really hit me and the way my whole routine has been going for awhile now.

so what do you guys think?

JHOORNSTRA
08-30-07, 3:19 pm
ive been eating 8-12 oz. of chicken and a half a cup of of brown rice (before cooking) a hour to an hour 1/2 before my workout for probly 4 months now, probly longer. im bulking up, not that it probly matters? i dont know, but

could this be part of the reason for why im not growing?

my meals before my workout look like this for example
8am 12 eggs whites 1 cup of oatmeal, or 2 servings
11am 10-12 oz steak with veggies
1:30pm 8-12oz chicken with 1/2 cup rice
usually finish eating this in an hour, once im done eating i wait another hour to and hour 1/2 to digest then i hit the gym, so say
3:30 gym

dont mean to change this thread up but what naturally huge said really hit me and the way my whole routine has been going for awhile now.

so what do you guys think?

You should have carbs at every meal if your bulking...for example, have a yam or brown rice with ur 11 am meal. And I would up it to 1 cup instead of 1/2 cup of rice. Also, try goin to the gym 1 hour after u eat. This way, you can fit in more meals after you lift. Hope that helps.

J Rock

Dungeon
08-31-07, 6:14 pm
um like a PB sandwhich and sum honey

Squat_Heavy
08-31-07, 6:52 pm
Oats+mrp shake + creatine +blender = good

bobbymart
08-31-07, 7:09 pm
i eat wholegrain cereal an hour before i workout then 30 min prior i drink protein shake. as long as it is whole grain cereal is ok??? ive herd mixed reviews on cereal.... but i love the stuff

Northman
09-01-07, 11:37 pm
i eat wholegrain cereal an hour before i workout then 30 min prior i drink protein shake. as long as it is whole grain cereal is ok??? ive herd mixed reviews on cereal.... but i love the stuff

It shouldn't be too bad, depending on how much sugar is added. Count Chocula is a whole grain cereal and I wouldn't go for that. Why don't you have your protein with your cereal?

LOFT
09-07-07, 2:28 am
i usually like whole food for a preworkout meal.......it makes me feel full and ready to bust my ass in the gym........usually it's turkey burger and brown rice.....chkn breast and rice cakes....whey protein and oatmeal....something along those lines.....anything that is "WHOLE FOOD."..Meal replacements make my stomach feel empty.

mikedfromaz
09-07-07, 7:44 pm
so im sitting here eating a small piece of chicken and few yams wondering what all of you are eating before you go hit the gym, and the first thread i see is this one, like you guys are reading my mind. so on top of what you guys eat, when are you taking your supps, like your stak or pump, before or after you eat your little meal?

Roland
09-07-07, 7:48 pm
so im sitting here eating a small piece of chicken and few yams wondering what all of you are eating before you go hit the gym, and the first thread i see is this one, like you guys are reading my mind. so on top of what you guys eat, when are you taking your supps, like your stak or pump, before or after you eat your little meal?

Bro, use the search function next time, i think there is a thread on this already. But my pre workout meal is either 10 eggwhites, 1 cup oatmeal, 1 apple or 1 cup oatmeal, 1 apple with 2 scoops on whey. then 1 hour later m-stak

Anadrolic
09-08-07, 7:25 am
Tow houres before workout I eat checken breasts with Pasta or Potatos with some egg whites.
Sometimes I also drink a great gains shake after the meal.
And like half a hour before the workout I drink the shock threapy.

simpleguy
09-08-07, 7:33 am
Tow houres before workout I eat checken breasts with Pasta or Potatos with some egg whites.
Sometimes I also drink a great gains shake after the meal.
And like half a hour before the workout I drink the shock threapy.

assuming that great gains has much sugar in it, if you drink it two hours before w/o, your energy will drop right when you're starting your w/o... not good...
as for me, well, 1 hour and half before w/o, just have some oats + whey with some skimmed milk

Achilles
09-10-07, 3:03 am
1 cup of brown rice w/ 6 oz of grilled chicken. I chunk the chicken over the rice and pour ranch dressing over it .. excellent meal

Pizzalamp
09-18-07, 10:31 pm
Lately like an hour before the gym I have 50g whey isolate and a cup of oats.
Right after my last rep I have 50 g whey with 70 g waxy maize and a scoop of glutamine and bcaas.
About an hour and a half later I'll have 8oz of either steak or salmon, either a small yam or some brown rice, and a nice salad w/ olive oil.
But my dream meal is pasta with a NICE THICK meat sauce. Unfortuantely pasta doesnt agree w/ me lately

Freakshow
09-18-07, 10:57 pm
1 serving Universal Hard Fast
1 Banana
1 pack Animal Pump (no stims)
1 pack Animal M-Stak (no stims)

If I need a jolt of energy I will keep those red pills in. Otherwise I think I would have a heart attack, haha.

Northman
09-18-07, 11:13 pm
Mine has recently changed to a mix of gemma protein, whey protein, and rolled oats an hour and a half before w/o. With Pak of course.

brnrbr911
09-27-07, 5:21 pm
Lemme no what you guys think: In the morning i wake up (8:00), hit the kitchen as soon as i can and eat at 8:30. I make hard boiled eggs (3 whole, 3 whites) and 1 cup dry (idk what that comes out to cooked) oats. Roughly 1 1/2 hours after that i hit the gym at 11. Should i squeeze in a pre-workout meal or is my breakfast fine?

Northman
09-27-07, 10:03 pm
Lemme no what you guys think: In the morning i wake up (8:00), hit the kitchen as soon as i can and eat at 8:30. I make hard boiled eggs (3 whole, 3 whites) and 1 cup dry (idk what that comes out to cooked) oats. Roughly 1 1/2 hours after that i hit the gym at 11. Should i squeeze in a pre-workout meal or is my breakfast fine?

That looks pretty good to me, but you may want to have more eggs depending on your body size. If you get bored of oats, try toasted buckwheat (kasha). I found that switching up the two makes life more interesting.

bakedkevin
09-27-07, 10:17 pm
It's so great to see how everyone eats before their workout. I've learned a lot from reading these posts. Tomorrow I'm going to start a whole new regimine. I'm used to waking up, taking my STAK2 and my PUMP then working out on an empty stomach. Tomorrow, I'm going to wake up a little earlier and have some whey and oatmeal, maybe an apple, too. Thanks!

brnrbr911
09-27-07, 11:19 pm
That looks pretty good to me, but you may want to have more eggs depending on your body size. If you get bored of oats, try toasted buckwheat (kasha). I found that switching up the two makes life more interesting.

I weighed in not too long ago and the scale said 178--give or take a few because that was a junk ass scale. so a few more egg whites?

Northman
09-27-07, 11:23 pm
I weighed in not too long ago and the scale said 178--give or take a few because that was a junk ass scale. so a few more egg whites?

It would be a good idea. I try to get between 30 and 40 grams of protein in the preworkout meal and I weigh 210 right now. For yourself I would aim for 30. This meal also contributes a lot to post workout recovery.

BigLansford
09-30-07, 10:41 am
If you're on a college budget and you're hurting for energy.. One of those Chef Boy-Ar-Dee to-go cups of chicken with rice and veggies are great. Just add extra chicken.

Medford
09-30-07, 11:24 am
that's rather creative!

LegendKillerJosh
09-30-07, 12:41 pm
30mins prior to workout
Shake w/:

1 scoop protein (gainer) @ ~630cals
1/2 cup of oats (pre ground)
16-20oz Milk

20 mins later:
16oz water w/ 1 scoop Storm
(and if morning workout) 1 scoop Shock Therapy

That's too many calories for only 30 mins prior to workout. With that much digestion going on your blood is all in your stomach and not your muscles. Isn't it uncomfortable to train with that many calories in your stomach?

BigLansford
10-06-07, 11:08 pm
Animal Pump + water.

TheBassGuy
10-11-07, 2:30 pm
1 Hour before I have 2 scoops Vanilla whey in water with ice cubes and tablespoon of instant coffee (tastes like one of those cold coffees)

1/2 Hour before I take M-Stak

Demolitionist
10-20-07, 4:50 pm
Mine is a chocolate bar and a bag of bbq chips

rogan181
10-23-07, 8:50 pm
water....banana and whey if im lucky, but i usually lift right after school and have already eaten my days meals, i dont have preWO meals, only PWO shakes

Northman
10-23-07, 9:37 pm
Mine is a chocolate bar and a bag of bbq chips

lol

echofivebravo
10-26-07, 4:03 pm
i like some of the stuff i've seen for pre-workout meals but heres my dilemma... i roll out of bed and head straight to the gym, so i need to find something quick and easy cuz i hate sitting around waiting for... well just about anything. any suggestions?

born0withno0soul
10-26-07, 4:15 pm
i wake up, eat breakfast, then 30 min later take my pre-workout drink and head to the gym. so i usually eat some eggs,bacon, biscuits, and yogurt

BAD ASS MARTIN
10-31-07, 5:25 pm
25 grams of whey and 1 whole wheat bagel...

insane09
10-31-07, 9:12 pm
Two scoops of gainer with 16oz of milk and 1 scoop of storm in 8oz of water.

MELTDOWN
10-31-07, 10:04 pm
2 bananas, pbj samich, and protein shake...

twisted_steel
12-05-07, 4:06 pm
shock therapy and 42 g dextrose in water.

Big Jimmer
12-07-07, 11:55 am
40g whey in water, 2 poptarts.

BigTimCoats
04-04-08, 5:15 pm
Mine is 2 scoops of whey with 1 cup of oats, 2g CEE, and 1 serving of aminos about an hour before training.

What's yours?

whats y'alls favorite pre workout meal before a leg day.. u have to eat lighter

anarchyb52
04-05-08, 8:00 pm
3-4 hard boiled eggs and 2 packs of quaker oatmeal maybe a banana

MassMan
04-05-08, 8:14 pm
Bulk

1 hour pre, 1 cup brown rice, 1/2 lb turkey bacon
15 min pre, 3 scoop Torrent, 1 scoop Shock

Cut

2 hour pre, 1 cup brown rice, 1/2 lb tiliapia
30 min pre, 1 scoop shock
before w/o, 1 Nitro

mustgetbig
04-05-08, 10:05 pm
1hour 15min pre-6oz steak,1cup rice
45min pre-m-stak
30 min pre-shock therapy

fitness bike
07-22-09, 7:25 pm
It depends, if it is late in the day and I have already had adequate protein I prefer to have some carbs to give me an energy boost during my workout. If it is early in the day I like to have a double scoop protein shake with a couple of bananas and OJ in it. This way I still get some carbs for energy but I get the protein also.

bassmonkey16
07-22-09, 7:46 pm
whats y'alls favorite pre workout meal before a leg day.. u have to eat lighter

eat lighter? man on leg and back day i come close to doubing my caloric intake. why lighter??

Find_The_Will
07-23-09, 9:57 am
two scoops of whey, and Animal Pump...Sweet

Survivor831
07-23-09, 10:05 am
1/2 cup of grits
4 whole eggs
3 egg whites
2 slices of fat free cheese
salt and pepper to taste

Very Very Good!

Big1
07-23-09, 10:26 am
5 egg whites, 3 yolks, some salad with extra virgin oil.

Spartiate
07-30-09, 3:20 am
2 scoops of whey and 1 apple 1 hour before and Animal Nitro immediately before training.

B.C.
07-30-09, 3:39 am
eat lighter? man on leg and back day i come close to doubing my caloric intake. why lighter??

Throughout the day, you'd obviously want to eat more on leg and back days. I think he's referring to eating lighter pre-workout to avoid leaving your pre-workout meal in a trash can, or all over the floor. I never eat huge meals before any workout, so it's nothing different for me.

My favorite pre-workout meal is 2 whole eggs (the omega-rich ones if I got 'em), 4 oz. turkey breast lunch meat (lean ham works too), and a slice of cheese, on two pieces of whole wheat toast.

Razor
08-05-09, 12:55 pm
peanut butter and honey on whole wheat an hour before.

Pistola
08-05-09, 1:15 pm
A pak of M-stak and pump

Beast7897
08-19-09, 5:13 am
usually i do a protein shake mixed with some plain or vanilla yogurt 30 mins prior to hitting the plates than when i get there i hit the animal nitro.

Bootleg
08-26-09, 4:58 pm
a scoop of whey, with fruit, either apple or an orange.

peace
-m-

Tifferzzz
09-03-09, 11:42 am
I had a trainer once tell me that if you can find a juice that has a slew of different juices in it - without added sugar, or misc ingredients - that it's gold.

Incidentally he showed me a couple of studies that showed that eating around 110g of carbs mixed between pre and post workout, spiked the greatest amount of fat burning.

Well there's one hitch in that giddy-up for me. My body can handle high protein, moderate to low carbs, but to slam it with carbs - yeah that doesn't work so well for me.

Right when I wake up I take a scoop of VP2 Hydrolyzed Protein powder, + 1 c of Cranberry / Raspberry Juice (Kirkland brand / Costco.) Of course I eat both during and after my workout, but that's my pre workout meal each morning. If I have it - I feel awesome, if I don't - well then I just feel incredibly sluggish all day long.

One awesome thing I've done is made up some jello with sliced up fruit in it - gives a hell of a kick of energy during the workout (especially when you're out of supps.)

Also - I'm Gluten resistence (no wheat), so that limits a lot of things for me. It's a good thing that the only thing I have cravings for are Hershey's Chocolate Bars (No wheat / Trans Fat/ or HFCS!)

Awesome - I know.

Oh - speaking of various fruit juices - check your frozen juices section, on the front of the cardboard it will tell you how many diff juices there are - just be aware that there are a lot with HFCS, but I was fortunate to find a brand that's all natural!

Bartles
09-03-09, 4:10 pm
I had a trainer once tell me that if you can find a juice that has a slew of different juices in it - without added sugar, or misc ingredients - that it's gold.

Incidentally he showed me a couple of studies that showed that eating around 110g of carbs mixed between pre and post workout, spiked the greatest amount of fat burning.

Well there's one hitch in that giddy-up for me. My body can handle high protein, moderate to low carbs, but to slam it with carbs - yeah that doesn't work so well for me.

Right when I wake up I take a scoop of VP2 Hydrolyzed Protein powder, + 1 c of Cranberry / Raspberry Juice (Kirkland brand / Costco.) Of course I eat both during and after my workout, but that's my pre workout meal each morning. If I have it - I feel awesome, if I don't - well then I just feel incredibly sluggish all day long.

One awesome thing I've done is made up some jello with sliced up fruit in it - gives a hell of a kick of energy during the workout (especially when you're out of supps.)

Also - I'm Gluten resistence (no wheat), so that limits a lot of things for me. It's a good thing that the only thing I have cravings for are Hershey's Chocolate Bars (No wheat / Trans Fat/ or HFCS!)

Awesome - I know.

Oh - speaking of various fruit juices - check your frozen juices section, on the front of the cardboard it will tell you how many diff juices there are - just be aware that there are a lot with HFCS, but I was fortunate to find a brand that's all natural!

My mom has that too, it sucks. But yeah, I haven't used much fruit juices, I just try and slam some food down some how. 110g carbs!?!? I get 56 in torrent and I think thats enough, maybe 20-40 pre workout here and i've been doing great.

androidhinter
09-13-09, 7:13 pm
Monster russian java blended with 25 grams whey protein (has 10 grams of protein in each can already) with which I down animal pump. 2 pieces of sprouted grain toast with a banana

puremx242
09-23-09, 12:32 pm
i eat 6 eggs and about 2 cups of oats then hit the gym with a preworkout drink

Soldier
10-11-09, 1:02 am
2nd meal of the day, usually a can of tuna or chicken with oatmeal an hour before training, 30 minutes prior to I pop an M-Stack Pak

JasonG
10-11-09, 1:09 am
Right now I'm deployed so my time is at a premium and can't cook for myself, so right now I drink some carbs, pop some uniliver if not a shake, and sometimes a couple ephedrine hcl tablets. The wife is gonna send me some EAA Stack sooner than later hopefully.

J-PILE
10-11-09, 2:49 am
I lift about an hour/ hour and a half after finishing my breakfast. I always try to get in some whole foods... 8-9 eggs, 1 cup oats, 1/4 - 1/2 cup raisins, splenda... yum. Never get sick of it.

Enforcer
10-25-09, 10:02 pm
1 can of tuna, 1 scoop of Whey

Big Wides
10-25-09, 10:21 pm
Preworkout meal for me is a regular meal of 8oz meat, 4oz carb, 4oz veggies then about 15 minutes preworkout down some Intra-Aid and Torrent mix.

I always make sure to train on a full stomach

N. Motta
10-25-09, 10:37 pm
8-10 oz Chicken Breast
5 oz Yams/.5 cup Oats
1-2 cups Baby Spinach

Razor
10-26-09, 4:40 pm
Gotta get another meal in right before i workout. i do like the idea of tuna and whey. Enforcer how are you doing that? Shake and can of tuna?

Berzerker
10-26-09, 6:15 pm
For me it would be a half serving of Real Gains, then half of a PBJ sandwich. works great for me!

TigerAce01
10-26-09, 6:29 pm
4 slices of Ezekiel toast with peanut butter and honey, all washed down with a 50g whey isolate shake in water. Smooth, clean, delicious energy.

-Ace

Big1
10-27-09, 1:08 pm
One hour before I hit the gym animal stack, then 35-40min later two scoops of whey, 5 grams of L-leucine in water.

Lightnin'
10-28-09, 4:24 pm
4 slices of Ezekiel toast with peanut butter and honey, all washed down with a 50g whey isolate shake in water. Smooth, clean, delicious energy.

-Ace

How do you not feel lathargic and completely full to the brim? If I ate all that I would puke every workout....

mr.bump
10-29-09, 7:55 am
i just have 2 scoops of whey in milk sometimes 2 peices of fruit apple , bannan or orange.Proper food makes me feel sick halfway thru the workout or sometimes mkes me feel tired.