PDA

View Full Version : Timing for Animal Nitro & Torrent?

ruski732
04-14-07, 3:33 pm
should i take torrent and then 15 mins later nitro? whats the best way to time these two supps?

TufffGuY
04-14-07, 4:40 pm
i'd go vice versa or mix them

Kiwi129
04-14-07, 5:49 pm
You want to take your Nitro or Nitro G immediately after your workout. Keep it in your gym bag or in your car, whatever. It says to wait like 30 minutes but almost everyone, including our pros, say that within the next 15 to 20 minutes is the best time for Torrent, or any other post-workout shake. Don't reverse them because your body uses the free form aminos in Nitro/Nitro G the best immediately after your workouts. Hope this helps bro.

ChrisG
04-14-07, 6:09 pm
You want to take your Nitro or Nitro G immediately after your workout. Keep it in your gym bag or in your car, whatever. It says to wait like 30 minutes but almost everyone, including our pros, say that within the next 15 to 20 minutes is the best time for Torrent, or any other post-workout shake. Don't reverse them because your body uses the free form aminos in Nitro/Nitro G the best immediately after your workouts. Hope this helps bro.

I wonder if anyone has ever tried opening up the Nitro pills and dumping them in like some gatorade or something to absorb it quicker? lol.. just some weird thought I had today.

Giant Killer
04-14-07, 6:26 pm
I wonder if anyone has ever tried opening up the Nitro pills and dumping them in like some gatorade or something to absorb it quicker? lol.. just some weird thought I had today.

I don't know from experience but this suppposedly tastes like shit. I've heard of people trying to do this and I think it was compared to "licking a bathroom floor"? I can't quite remember the words used but you get the idea.

Giant Killer
04-14-07, 6:30 pm
should i take torrent and then 15 mins later nitro? whats the best way to time these two supps?

Ruski, I would take Nitro in the middle of your workout, to make sure those aminos are hangin' out when you need them, and the Torrent immediately post-workout. I think getting them THAT close together will be a little overkill. (Even though "overkill" is relative on amino acids.) Anyway, I think people "underrate" getting aminos DURING the workout. Notice, if you've seen the Animal Training DVD's, Wrath sips his Nitro G throughout the workout, getting that flow of aminos going. So I would try that if I were you.

ChrisG
04-14-07, 6:44 pm
I don't know from experience but this suppposedly tastes like shit. I've heard of people trying to do this and I think it was compared to "licking a bathroom floor"? I can't quite remember the words used but you get the idea.

Yea I just tried it and all I did was waste 5 minutes of my life. It wouldn't mix up lol... It was pretty bad.. never doing that again. Now time to hit the weights with my bad NITRO breath.

ruski732
04-14-07, 8:30 pm
Ruski, I would take Nitro in the middle of your workout, to make sure those aminos are hangin' out when you need them, and the Torrent immediately post-workout. I think getting them THAT close together will be a little overkill. (Even though "overkill" is relative on amino acids.) Anyway, I think people "underrate" getting aminos DURING the workout. Notice, if you've seen the Animal Training DVD's, Wrath sips his Nitro G throughout the workout, getting that flow of aminos going. So I would try that if I were you.

that sounds like a good idea, cuz then i can just pound the torrent when im done....thx for all the help fellas.

dmnspdg
04-14-07, 8:36 pm
Um, Yes...it does taste like shat...I've burped them up (make sure you swallow them with enough water...) I also had a capsul break inside the little plastic pak. I didn't want to waste it, so i dumped the powder in my hand and swallowed it.

I dropped one in the garbage once....and yes i fished it out and ate it

brandonA
04-14-07, 9:06 pm
wash down the nitro with the torrent...

-B

LegDay_UKIGS
04-15-07, 12:02 am
wash down the nitro with the torrent...

-B

Yeah, I had the same question about this and the Animal guys(G-Diesel) recommened I wash down the Nitro with the Torrent. Check it out http://forum.animalpak.com/showpost.php?p=61121&postcount=46

bwatte
09-18-07, 9:51 pm
Nitro is supposed to be taken immediately after the workout, and torrent 45 minutes later. If I workout chest first, then bi's, I am actually taking the nitro like an hour past my chest workout and torrent almost 2 hours after chest. Torrent is supposed to be taken within 45 minutes post workout, so I was wondering if I should be supersetting to rid this problem or if I dont have to worry about it at all.

JMC
09-18-07, 9:58 pm
Torrent - "winthin 30 minutes of your workout"

Don't know where you got the 45 business....I take that shit as soon as the iron hits the ground.

bwatte
09-18-07, 10:57 pm
30 min. Ok, I could have sworn it said 45. Anyways, even at no more than 30 minutes for PWO shake, the bodypart I trained first will be well over that 30 minutes, so that was my main concern.

Northman
09-18-07, 11:02 pm
Take Nitro before you lift. Torrent After.

Freakshow
09-18-07, 11:03 pm
I usually drink my Torrent immediately after training and on my way home, then I hit the shower, than I take my Nitro (usually about 20 minutes after the Torrent), then half an hour later I eat a whole food meal.

Freakshow
09-18-07, 11:03 pm
Take Nitro before you lift. Torrent After.

That works too. lol

NickSP
09-18-07, 11:36 pm
It really takes you an hour to do bis? You must be in the gym for at least two hours if that's true....and that's no good...

bwatte
09-19-07, 12:19 am
It really takes you an hour to do bis? You must be in the gym for at least two hours if that's true....and that's no good...

Maybe like 35-45 minutes, depending on how crowded the gym is. Im trying to figure out though if I work out chest before bi's, it will be more than the 30 minutes after chest until I get the torrent in me, so would this still work or do I need to come up with something else.

Elite
09-19-07, 1:55 am
Its fine, stop stressin! Consider many people after a workout pop NITRO then do 30mins- 1 hour cardio before TORRENT at the end. Just make sure you get the TORRENT down you within 30-45 mins of finishing.

simpleguy
09-19-07, 11:10 am
hey bro, many fellas here take nitro right after lifting followed by torrent 15-20 min later, or nitro during and torren post w/o...

ralf_snake
09-19-07, 11:25 am
I take Nitro right before and right after. But since im still 17 i only do 1 muscle group with belly, i believe their called abs.

I have been taking em for less than a week for the first time and had a rest day yesterday, but im not feeling or seeing any difference. My body probably still has to adapt to the function i guess.

Northman
09-19-07, 11:59 am
I take Nitro right before and right after. But since im still 17 i only do 1 muscle group with belly, i believe their called abs.

I have been taking em for less than a week for the first time and had a rest day yesterday, but im not feeling or seeing any difference. My body probably still has to adapt to the function i guess.

Nitro won't make you feel like a freak, or lift 50lbs more in the gym. It helps with recovery. It also assists in keeping your body anabolic during training as opposed to your body breaking down muscle for energy.

I would worry more about your training if you never feel sore. A little soreness is a good thing, it makes you aware of the fact you trained hard enough. Check out some of the workouts given on this forum to get a better idea of how people train. Then worry about taking Nitro.

G Diesel
09-19-07, 12:11 pm
I wash my Nitro down with my Torrent... Fuck waiting for macronutrients. Nitro, alone, immediately postworkout is, in my opinion, insufficient for inducing new growth. You need carbs and you need protein. Peace, G

ralf_snake
09-19-07, 12:21 pm
I wash my Nitro down with my Torrent... Fuck waiting for macronutrients. Nitro, alone, immediately postworkout is, in my opinion, insufficient for inducing new growth. You need carbs and you need protein. Peace, G

Well i did hear it will reduce your muscle break of, for while your training. Which sounds pretty good, but ill have to see.
And all the carbs i do get in will go to the muscles, if what you say is true.

Redman
09-19-07, 12:58 pm

So you don't think that taking the Torrent at the same time would inhibit Nitro's ability to get taken up quickly? I noticed Ox takes Torrent and nitro at the same time when he's in the off-season and takes in carbs.

Phil800101
09-19-07, 1:00 pm

This is how I do it too, as per G suggested back when Torrent came out. I follow up with some food 45 minutes to an hour later. Works great for me.

I think that you need to look at your workout as an overall workout, as opposed to being two seperate bodypart workouts done one after the other. I do chest followed by biceps too (usually take me about an hour or so), so by the time I'm getting my Nitro/Torrent in it's been 30 minutes or so since I finished up my chest. However, I don't think about it like that. Rather, I view it as one cohesive workout. You see what I'm saying? Anyway, keep the intensity level high, hit the muscles hard, and you'll be fine. It's not like your biceps are going to eat up all the macros you take in just because you hit them more recently than your chest. Your chest muscles need the macros too, and they will get them. The anabolic window of opportunity is relatively small, but not that small. And like ThirdEye said, many people do cardio after lifting (I've done it like this too), so it's even longer before they get their Torrent in. The main thing is getting those nutrients in when all work (lifting and/or cardio) is said and done, so your body can use and distribute those macros properly, which it will.

musclealchemist
09-19-07, 1:04 pm

Im with G, i been doing it this way for a while, and it works.

bwatte
09-19-07, 1:43 pm

I think I'll try this, sounds like it might work a little better instead of waiting to take the torrent so long after the nitro. I thought about this before but didn't know if there were any contraindications of taking the two at once. Thanks

ralf_snake
09-19-07, 2:33 pm
Well i did hear it will reduce your muscle break of, for while your training. Which sounds pretty good, but ill have to see.
And all the carbs i do get in will go to the muscles, if what you say is true.

Well i just came back from the gym, and i can do 2/3 workouts for chest heavier. I Think its the Nitro since ive been stuck on chest for a week or 2. But im not excluding the possibility of Animal Max doing its magic, or that ive been listening to Dragon Ball Z music for a change :P .

rayzer27
12-08-08, 7:15 pm
Instead of making a new thread, ill post my question here since its about torrent....

If im taking Nitro Post Workout...should i wait 30 minutes before taking torrent?

usually i take nitro post workout then wait 30 minutes and get my protein shake in..

pmug0000
12-08-08, 10:37 pm
Instead of making a new thread, ill post my question here since its about torrent....

If im taking Nitro Post Workout...should i wait 30 minutes before taking torrent?

usually i take nitro post workout then wait 30 minutes and get my protein shake in..

I think it's fine to take Nitro and Torrent at the same time, the combo of aminos and carbs will give you a huge insulin spike (greater than torrent alone) but I've seen other people say they like to separate them.

simpleguy
12-09-08, 11:06 am

that would be fine, taking the two together, but why not hit those aminos in nitro whilst working out ?

Universal Rep
12-09-08, 11:14 am

Ultimately, I don't think it'll matter much. That said, I'm a purist, so I run Nitro immediately, then wait 15-30 minutes before the Torrent. Then I follow it all up with a whole food meal.

cesmeister
12-09-08, 11:30 am
instead of taking a pak of nitro durring your workout i would go with intra-aid instead. im so sold on that stuff and ill never lift without it again

Universal Rep
12-09-08, 11:31 am
instead of taking a pak of nitro durring your workout i would go with intra-aid instead. im so sold on that stuff and ill never lift without it again

Or, Nitro pre-, Intra-Aid during, Torrent post.

Enforcer
12-09-08, 11:37 am

I just take them both postworkout. If I do cardio that day, I take my Nitro immediately when Im done weight training and then my Torrent after my cardio session.

Aggression
12-09-08, 5:16 pm
I just take them both postworkout. If I do cardio that day, I take my Nitro immediately when Im done weight training and then my Torrent after my cardio session.

Same here. After the workout is done, I head into the locker room, make my shake and with the first sip, I wash down a pak of Nitro.

J Wong
12-10-08, 6:55 am
I would personally just swallow the pills with torrent. With that little stack, be prepared for great recovery. Torrent is AWESOME. ah i miss it

Iron feel
12-26-08, 2:18 pm
question, i take pump 45 min pre and shock 15 min pre (i know some people say what a waste of creatine, but if you try it you'll get some crazy pumps and focus like no other, plus i'm filipino, i don't want to go off the subject but, i hate it when i go to a party and theres not enough food for everyone to eat, theres people still hungry, better to have left overs then not enough, same goes with my creatine/ energy!! haha) anyway back to the subject... so i take pump/ shock pre, intra aid intra, torrent post hour later followed with a hearty healthy meal.... i want to take nitro for all the EAA's, this is where i get confused i thought intra aid had all the EAA's you needed, now is this a preference type thing because i want to throw nitro in there but not if it's not necessary, and if i do start taking it how should i take....
*i also do take pak/ flex gotta keep the basics on a daily**

.... oh yah i've taking a lot of supps out there and have been lifting for a good 8 years now, and universal/ animal products are BY FAR THE BEST PRODUCTS OUT THERE!! hands down i knew it when i got my 1st shippment in and i shit you not, 1 1/2 weeks after starting my stack a (total of 7 training days), i'm accused of taking steroids, AWESOME!! just thought i'd throw that in there

Aggression
12-26-08, 2:25 pm
.... i want to take nitro for all the EAA's, this is where i get confused i thought intra aid had all the EAA's you needed, now is this a preference type thing because i want to throw nitro in there but not if it's not necessary, and if i do start taking it how should i take....
*i also do take pak/ flex gotta keep the basics on a daily**

I take a serving of Nitro both pre and post workout, along with Intra-Aid during. I feel great doing it this way. Intra-Aid floods ur body with aminos to keep you going hard until the last rep. Once thats done, you down Nitro to flood your body with aminos to jumpstart the recovery/growth process.

DanTheMan
01-20-09, 10:44 am
I don't have torrent right now to take PWO and I heard you were supposed to take Nitro with grape juice for a better insulin spike. If i were to take Nitro PWO with just a regular whey protein shake, would that work just as well as the grape juice? or should I stake with the grape juice, and wait 20minutes then have the shake? and I want to fit bananas in here somewhere... help me out brothers.

Aggression
01-20-09, 11:29 am
I don't have torrent right now to take PWO and I heard you were supposed to take Nitro with grape juice for a better insulin spike. If i were to take Nitro PWO with just a regular whey protein shake, would that work just as well as the grape juice? or should I stake with the grape juice, and wait 20minutes then have the shake? and I want to fit bananas in here somewhere... help me out brothers.

Ideally, you'd want to take the Nitro with grape juice, then have your shake+banana about 20min later.

DanTheMan
01-20-09, 12:54 pm
sounds good...
and about the juices... i heard orange juice wasn't good because of the acidity and the vitamin C in it... any other juices to take it with? apple ok?

TigerAce01
01-20-09, 12:58 pm
sounds good...
and about the juices... i heard orange juice wasn't good because of the acidity and the vitamin C in it... any other juices to take it with? apple ok?

My favorite way to wash down Nitro is with glutamine spiked gatorade. Not the bottled stuff, the powdered stuff you mix on your own. It has dextrose and glucose in it, spiking your insulin like crazy, and the glutamine is a nice bonus.

Aggression
01-20-09, 12:58 pm
sounds good...

Apple juice, I would imagine, would be ok. Grape juice is the best bet.

widdlewade44
01-20-09, 1:02 pm
I take Nitro as soon as I step off the floor; lately with my last swigs of Intra Aid. I then follow it up with Torrent within 10-30 mins of the last rep. I have found, for me, that this hits the anabolic window of opportunity and I have been getting good results. Peace.

Kevin
widdlewade44

Universal Rep
01-20-09, 5:40 pm
I take Nitro as soon as I step off the floor; lately with my last swigs of Intra Aid. I then follow it up with Torrent within 10-30 mins of the last rep. I have found, for me, that this hits the anabolic window of opportunity and I have been getting good results. Peace.

Kevin
widdlewade44

When I ran just Nitro and Torrent, I did it the same way... Nitro immediately after, chased by Torrent, then a whole food meal.

Aggression
01-21-09, 9:00 am
I take my pack of Nitro with my Torrent. I believe Ox had written either here, or in a magazine, that he takes them this way. I feel that the quick carbs in Torrent are a great way to get the Nitro into the body immediately.

styles
06-18-10, 12:26 pm
I don't know what was wrong with me, but I just took Torrent for the 3rd day. I took GD's advice and washed my Nitro down with it. Just had my best workout all year.

For whatever it's worth; I take Pump Pre.

My usual problem is with resting too long between sets and losing my body heat. Today it was just bang-bang-bang. Like an Animal even! Ha!