PDA

View Full Version : What's the deal with ANIMAL FLEX? It sounds so good...

JoshLandry
01-16-07, 3:18 pm
so i take the usual joint supplement, but FLEX sounds like its the god of all joint sups, what do u bothers think about it that uses it, compared to reg joint shit? because i have not the greatest knees so I'm interested

J-Dawg
01-16-07, 4:05 pm
Hey bro, I like Flex b/c it's the bodybuilders joint supplement. It's got all of the necessary nutrients that'll help to repair, rebuild and protect the joints from the rigors of lifting. If you're lifting heavy on a daily basis, the Flex is a must in my book for joint insurance.

naturalguy
01-16-07, 4:18 pm
Flex is the real deal. It's a very comprehensive joint supplement. It's especially effective if you've been training a long time and/or have injuries.

SDR
01-16-07, 6:36 pm
A product ive been taking since the first month it came out.

Most importantly it has high dosage of Glucosamine, Chrond. & MSM all needed for re growth, and what I like most is the anti-inflams which are very important to me and any one with any pain.

Its helped me alot

Clydesdale
01-17-07, 8:33 pm
I was taking Flex prior to my injuries (torn cartilige in wrist and knee), and even now it helps. I feel like I recover faster, I still might need surgery but I think it would be a lot worse if not for Flex.

I believe in it 100% no question.

Sobriety
01-17-07, 8:59 pm
My left shoulder was in lots of pain....it clicked, popped, ached, and was weak. I swore I was going to need rotator cuff surgery, but I was WRONG.
I'm on my 3rd dose now and I'm buying more when I run out.
It took about a month before I really noticed a significant improvement, but I would pay triple the price and do it all again!

ironmudd
01-17-07, 9:49 pm
I loved the stuff. I was one of the testers before it was released on the market so I took it for 30 days and it was great. I was in alot of pain prior to taking it and afterward I felt a whole lot better. I recommend it.

ryanlemley1
01-17-07, 9:50 pm
i've been really impressed with it. my body doesn't ache like it did in the past when i wasn't using it. i notice now that my joints feel 100% better now than before using Flex

Northman
01-17-07, 10:25 pm
I've taken a couple of cycles of Flex because of joint pain all up my right arm in my wrist, elbow, and shoulder. I found it helped to make pain during my workouts more manageable, especially if I took it one or two meals prior to working out.

bharatoza
01-17-07, 10:39 pm
I think I'll give it a shot when I have the money. I was using a regular Chondroitin+MSM+glucosamine sulfate supplement and I didn't feel any difference in my elbows.

Benway83
01-17-07, 11:34 pm
My house is not a home w/o Flex. I can run out of paks, and CostCo sells a low-budget alternative, but Flex comes every morning, or the pain starts to leak back in after a few days. It beats down traditional Gluco/MSM/Chond stacks and laughs at their girlish weakness. In fact, I even prefer it to prescription Celebrex.

So, I kind of like Animal Flex.

Millhouse
01-17-07, 11:40 pm
I worked at GNC for a few years in college and had an opertunity to try a myriad of products. As far as not only joint support but also joint comfort...flex has it covered. It would be like buying 3-4 different joint products. The pack is efficient and cost effecitve as far as joint products go.

Wasteland
01-18-07, 9:13 am
There's a reason it was voted/awarded BB.com's "Joint Supplement of the Year" recently, fellas. Plus, I personally like the fact that I only have to take it 1x per day. Like the Pak, I believe Flex should be a staple in a lifter's nutritional regimen--not for when there's a problem, but before--as maintenance.

JoshLandry
01-18-07, 2:42 pm
well fellas all i have to say is that im goin to my sup store today and buying that shit!!!!

Freak
01-18-07, 3:07 pm
well fellas all i have to say is that im goin to my sup store today and buying that shit!!!!

It's a solid supp spoolin... See here, the thing with supps is kinda like the thing with the gym... A lot of people are drawn to the hype, the flash, the sizzle. Me, I keep things basic in the gym, and with my nutrition & supplementation. Though the Flex may not have the sizzle, as far as I'm concerned, it's steak. I use it not because I have any joint issues, but to prevent 'em from becoming an issue in the first place.

bharatoza
01-19-07, 12:02 am
I can't seem to find it anywhere in Canada

freestyle777
01-21-07, 11:45 pm
i hope this stuff works as good for me as it did every1 else, i tore my labrum in my shoulder 2 years ago in a hs wrestling match, never been the same since, and it just came back about 3 monthes ago feels just as bad when i hurt it, normally this needs surgery but can get better with therapy, my order of animal flex should be comming early this week, so im pumped for some good results !

gsb239
01-21-07, 11:56 pm
I can't seem to find it anywhere in Canada

you probably won't... www.bodybuilding.com is the best bet. I've been getting it from there.\

its also fairly cheap on there

widdlewade44
01-23-07, 6:47 pm
There's a reason it was voted/awarded BB.com's "Joint Supplement of the Year" recently, fellas. Plus, I personally like the fact that I only have to take it 1x per day. Like the Pak, I believe Flex should be a staple in a lifter's nutritional regimen--not for when there's a problem, but before--as maintenance.

I agree with Wasteland about one pak per day vs. 1, 2 3 or more joint supplement bottles. I've been on Flex for ~1 week now and my joints are feeling better and more fluid (of motion). It fits in well with the rest of my Animal supps schedule.

I would get Animal Flex. Your joints will thank you for it!

Kevin
widdlewade44

JUGGERNAUT
01-23-07, 6:52 pm
it is the Animal PAK of joint shit. No comparo out there. Never had anything take pain away that fast. I was on Jointment Sport before it and it was good but when I switched, well hell it's for "us" and I gave the Jointment Sport to my Mom with knee issues haha no lie..

JoshLandry
01-28-07, 9:00 pm
well i bought it and ive been using it for about a week or so and i deff feel the diff in my bum knee. hopefully after taking it for a lond peroid of time my knee will be able to repair itself but if not at least it feels better !!!!

Freakshow
01-28-07, 10:26 pm
I love Flex. I never really thought I had to bad of pain in my joints, but after I was sent a can of Flex and took it, I realized how bad the pain actually was after I felt about 20 times better.

Jimmy
01-31-07, 9:24 pm
Flex is so good, convienent 1 a day and the best feeling you could possibly have in your joints. i even got my ma and GRANDMA takin it

Mr.Totality
02-03-07, 11:13 am
Ok, as I am aging (30 years old) some of my old injuries are catching up to me. With that said, I have not seen any overall reviews of flex. Anyone care to give their honest opinion of it? Thanks

Enforcer25
02-03-07, 3:42 pm
Check out this thread in the forum. I'm 38 and thinking about picking some up.

http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=548&highlight=flex

ghost
02-03-07, 4:41 pm
pick it up.

Mr.Totality
02-03-07, 4:52 pm
thanks guys, I might take a look tonight

naturalguy
02-03-07, 7:59 pm
It's a great supplement. I needed 30 days for it to fully kick in but now it is a staple in my supplement program.

Lestat
02-04-07, 2:43 am
great supplement, has really helped my knee out and i've only been taking for a few weeks.

never_2_big
02-04-07, 3:53 am
It's a great supplement. I needed 30 days for it to fully kick in but now it is a staple in my supplement program.

it was the same story with me

Mr.Totality
02-05-07, 8:43 am
I just ordered it, I need it

Universal Rep
02-05-07, 11:35 am
BB.com's "Joint Supplement of the Year". Some more reviews here:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=17008231#post17008231

Universal Rep
02-05-07, 11:53 am
If you're a serious lifter, two things to always consider: Animal Pak and Animal Flex. The basics. Flex, not only for when you have a problem, but to help prevent problems from becoming such to begin with...

Mr.Totality
02-05-07, 1:11 pm
I just ordered it this AM. I could not find it at my Vitamin Shoppe, and GNC prices are ridiculous. I am psyched. If it works (and I trust the reviews that it will), it will be a staple right u p there with whey

widdlewade44
02-07-07, 3:04 pm
Flex is very good and (as you did) you should get some. One pack of Flex replaced 3 different bottles/day of my previous joint supplement.

Kevin
widdlewade44

Cheko
02-07-07, 3:51 pm
This is a great, affordable joint supplement. I have used the individual ingredients and combined, and Flex as been solid. IMHO it is not the immediate effects, but weeks later you’ll notice that some of the “clicks” and “pops” in your joints are muted or gone. It is not an end all, but a must have base supplement.

redpill
02-07-07, 10:28 pm
i have heard that taking glucosamine and chondriton are not good because your body may become dependent. Is this true? Should it be cycled if this is true?

Mr.Totality
02-08-07, 1:04 pm
thanks guys, I got it yesterday. So I am two days in. I am very hopeful based on all the recs from you guys.

Wasteland
02-08-07, 1:05 pm
thanks guys, I got it yesterday. So I am two days in. I am very hopeful based on all the recs from you guys.

Be sure to give it plenty of time to kick in...

rockyIV
02-08-07, 2:37 pm
I'm coming up on 32 and bought a can of Flex, so far so good. the pill aren't as huge as the pak if you have a hard time swallowing pills. I'll be sticking with Flex, I've been on it for 3 weeks now and like it.

Universal Rep
02-08-07, 5:46 pm
i have heard that taking glucosamine and chondriton are not good because your body may become dependent. Is this true? Should it be cycled if this is true?

No.

doomsdaylover
02-09-07, 11:54 am
Okay muscleheads, I finally broke down and bought Flex. My joints and knees are killing me lately with all the cardio and heavy dead's I am doing..and this shitty weather doesn't help. Today is day two and I will keep you posted on my progress. For a guy who weighs over 210, hitting the pavement every other day for a run and picking up 315 lbs is starting to hurt! If anyone needs joint relief it's me, so expect an unbiased review later.

redpill
02-09-07, 10:55 pm
thank you u-rep

widdlewade44
02-10-07, 11:45 am
Been taking Flex for about a month now, it's great!

This week I had a pain, a tinge, in my right shoulder. No problem, I'd usually pop between 2-4 Advil and be good to go. I stopped myself and thought, "I wonder if my Flex would help?" So I took my Flex (about 2 hours before I usually take it) and my pain went away. I thought that was awesome.

Another time, in my opinion, when Animal and Universal products have stepped up to the plate and performed above and beyond.

Thanks (again) Animal and Universal!

Kevin
widdlewade44

Lawnmower Man
02-10-07, 4:19 pm
i'm on my second can and it has helped me with my knee problems quite a bit

dragondad
02-13-07, 12:52 pm
Anybody have any feed back on wither to take it am or pm? I take the pak in the morning and stack 2 in the afternoon and been taken flex before bed. Any thoughts here?

Freak
02-13-07, 5:39 pm
Anybody have any feed back on wither to take it am or pm? I take the pak in the morning and stack 2 in the afternoon and been taken flex before bed. Any thoughts here?

Don't think it much matters bro...

JoshLandry
02-13-07, 5:46 pm
ive been taking flex for about a month now and im the one who started this thread and i deff can say it helps out my knee alot. i also used to really have to warm my elbows up a lot before working triceps out with high weight and now i feel like they are really lubbed up and i dont have to do as many warm up sets before i get to the high shit so thanks a lot and i recomend this to any lifter of any age as im only 23 and it deff is worth every penny!!

widdlewade44
02-13-07, 10:32 pm

dragondad,

I've been taking mine either in the afternoon or evening. Both time frames has been a beneficial; I haven't found or had any trouble. I do take it alone (i.e. separate from other Animal supps). Hope this helps. Peace.

Kevin
widdlewade44

doomsdaylover
02-22-07, 12:53 am
I would just like to express my joy on how greatly Animal Flex has helped me. I love doing cardio and have been a runner for years. It was all I knew how to do to lose weight when i was in high school and wanted to join the military. But now in my mid twenties, things creak and groan. Flex has eased my joint pain tremendously. I take it with my last meal of the day, which is usually after I do my cardio, and close to when I go to bed. Seriously for cutting and especially gaining, Flex will help strengthen the joints and fixtures of that big house you are trying to build on your body.

WeaponX
02-22-07, 12:55 am
Awesome, Im glad to read that. I am thinking about getting flex o help me out with things like the fact that my elbows hurt after doing things like skull crushers, and my ankles are weak, hopefully ill have positive results too....

thanks man!

born0withno0soul
02-22-07, 3:16 am
yea, right on brother. thanks for the feedback

cjjanik
02-22-07, 7:15 am
I've been having a lot of joint issues lately, and I think it is time for Flex. The only question I had is how to fit it into my supplement schedule and the before bed option looks like it would work well. The stiffness seems to be the worst in the AM so hopefully this will help.

Animal pak - AM
Stak2 - 30 proir to workout
Nitro-G - immedeately after workout
Flex - PM

I'll alternate between Pump and Stak2 just to mix things up.

CJ

JMC
02-22-07, 11:05 am
my first can is in the mail now. i'll be scrupulously keeping track of the results.

Mr.Totality
02-22-07, 11:11 am
I have been on it for 2 weeks, it is unreal. I feel like a new man

live2lift
02-23-07, 1:41 pm
Just wanted to say that I started taking Flex only about 1 week ago and this stuff kicks ass. I didn't necessarily have any joint problems per se but the little pains I did have (cracking knees, sore wrist, etc...) are barely even noticeable anymore. And this is only after a week. I can't wait to see how they feel after 44 days. I have never been a big believer in joint supps before but I will now continue to take it everyday. Like it says on the can, You can't build a big house without a strong foundation. Thanks for the great supp brothas. Peace!

Universal Rep
02-23-07, 1:45 pm
Just wanted to say that I started taking Flex only about 1 week ago and this stuff kicks ass. I didn't necessarily have any joint problems per se but the little pains I did have (cracking knees, sore wrist, etc...) are barely even noticeable anymore. And this is only after a week. I can't wait to see how they feel after 44 days. I have never been a big believer in joint supps before but I will now continue to take it everyday. Like it says on the can, You can't build a big house without a strong foundation. Thanks for the great supp brothas. Peace!

Everyone at Animal believes Flex may be the most underrated of all products... Won BB.com's "Joint Supplement of the Year"...

I agree--it's not just for guys who have problems, but to help prevent 'em.

Here's the official review thread:

http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=3029

Mr.Totality
02-23-07, 2:42 pm
amazing product, nuff said

J-Dawg
02-23-07, 5:38 pm

Awesome to hear bro. Flex is a great foundational supplement. I always pop one pack a day to help protect my joints from the rigors of the iron warfare.

Judo
02-26-07, 8:32 pm
Received my 1st can of Flex today and after taking a pak, I no longer had a pain on my right shoulder that has been nagging me for the past 3 weeks. Went to the gym to work out my back and triceps and No-Pain!! This was only my first try and it did the job!! "Rock On Animal".............

Cr4zYH3aD
02-26-07, 8:45 pm
Too bad this stuff is not available in canada

Powerfreak
02-26-07, 9:24 pm
Flex is the shit for joint pain, I have had a nagging shoulder problem for quite some time that has been killing my bench poundages. After adding Flex to my supps. my shoulder is much better and the bench is back around 600 and going strong.

musclealchemist
04-12-07, 9:22 pm
Ok so my mom is a secretary and she types all damn day, thus this puts a strain on her wrist. A few years ago she jammed her wrist, and till this day it still hurts her. Well one day she said it was hurting her, and a light bulb went off in my head: animal flex. So i ordered her a can and she has been taking it for about a week. She said she already notices a difference. SO you see guys and gals, animal is not only good for us animals, but for the animal mothers.

The Epidemic
05-16-07, 12:38 pm
my knee is killing me. i mite be forced to use FLEX

G Diesel
05-16-07, 12:44 pm
I've been somewhat banged up of late so I've been taking Animal Flex before bed each night with my ZMA and Vitamin C. Lower back, wrists, bows, ankles... Looks like Flex is going to be a permanent fixture in my regimen. Peace, G

ghost
05-16-07, 12:47 pm
ive been using flex since it came out...amazing product, with amazing results. helped speed my recovery after all 4 of my surgeries.

croney
06-17-07, 4:24 pm
I have been taking flex for about 3 weeks and lift and play alot of tournament softball. I have had a bad problem with my right knee all year and was going to go to the doctor. After taking Flex the pain is almost non existent and I havent let up in what I do at all.

Spikes079
11-02-07, 10:06 am
I'm starting to feel some knee pain from track starting back up. My trainer thinks it could be an early form of tendonitis. Would Flex help with out with the pain I'm having? So far I take Fish Oil and I just started Flax Seed Oil and I'm really thinking of thowing some flex in mid day to help out? Anyone know if it will make a difference with tendonitis?

Hoomgar
12-27-07, 11:49 am
I'm starting to feel some knee pain from track starting back up. My trainer thinks it could be an early form of tendonitis. Would Flex help with out with the pain I'm having? So far I take Fish Oil and I just started Flax Seed Oil and I'm really thinking of thowing some flex in mid day to help out? Anyone know if it will make a difference with tendonitis?

I think for sure it will. Here is my review of it I just posted earlier:
http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?p=251262#post251262

Flex is the shit for joint pain, I have had a nagging shoulder problem for quite some time that has been killing my bench poundages. After adding Flex to my supps. my shoulder is much better and the bench is back around 600 and going strong.

Also, just like Powerfreak, I was having should pain that was screwing up my benching. I was taking Flex for knee problems and hadn't even noticed that my shoulder doesn't hurt anymore! LOL! Now that is cool.

MickMars
12-27-07, 8:50 pm
I am almost finishing my first can of Flex. I use to have this clickin' sound on my left rotator cuff when I swing it.. it is gone now. Knees are feeling great! Awesome product...

thelunchbox
07-23-08, 5:47 pm
I get flex for my dad. He is a forcefully retired carpenter. He got hurt on the job like 11 years ago, he got knocked off a building after a 30 foot fall and years of recovery and steel and screws in his legs he still likes to stay active. He logs a few miles ever day on his stationary bike but his knees hurt him. So when I was first chekcing out the pak a year ago I told him about flex and got him a can. He calls me and lets me know when his ready for another can.

96darkhorse
12-09-09, 8:54 pm
flex is a must in anybodys weight lifting arsenal....i use to get a little nagging sting on my right shoulder when i would bench heavy....ever since i used flex, i never had that problem again