PDA

View Full Version : Uni-Liver Lives

Pages : [1] 2

J-Dawg
01-16-07, 4:19 pm
Besides Animal Pak, Uni-Liver was one of the first supplements I started taking when I first got into lifting. Who else uses these bad boys on daily basis?
Here's the way I take 'em... 3-4 liver tabs with each meal. Spread over the course of 5-6 meals this makes it easy for me to take in anywhere from an extra 30-40 grams of protein. So, anyone else here on the Uni-Liver kick?

For additional comprehensive reviews and feedback:
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-articles/101024-liver-tabs.html

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=110627631&highlight=uni-liver

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=107492601&highlight=uni-liver

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/animal-universal/118538-uni-liver-appreciation.html

An in-depth Uni-Liver Log:
http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=115680051

Wasteland
01-16-07, 4:27 pm
Besides Animal Pak, Uni-Liver was one of the first supplements I started taking when I first got into lifting. Who else uses these bad boys on daily basis?
Here's the way I take 'em... 3-4 liver tabs with each meal. Spread over the course of 5-6 meals this makes it easy for me to take in anywhere from an extra 30-40 grams of protein. So, anyone else here on the Uni-Liver kick?

Think you'll find a lot of the lifters here do. Here's a primer for anyone interested:

http://animalpak.com/html/article_details.cfm?ID=133&section=

G Diesel
01-16-07, 4:37 pm
Good stuff. Helps to bolster protein intake and adds diversity to my amino profile. I take 3-6 with each meal. Usually topping out in the 18-20 daily range. Peace, G

widdlewade44
01-16-07, 4:39 pm
Uni-Liver are definitely old school and I wouldn't buy supplements without including liver tabs.

Kevin
widdlewade44

bayareasrick
01-16-07, 4:45 pm
18 a day 3-6 times a day, it just feels good to know your throwing down extra protein all day spread out through out the day. I love it and will always use along with the PAK. I stay stocked up on both and dont go a day without either.

I use Uni-Liver and I love Uni-liver. It was my first Universal supplement and became easily a stable. Actually I take 4x6meals a total of 24 per day.

Just one more thing Brothers I figured Uni-liver as the best think to take at the middle of the night.

jeffahammer
01-18-07, 10:51 am
Old school for sure. I consume 2-3 with each meal and sometimes in-between to curb cravings.Besides the extra protein, they are packed with heme and B vitamins.

Freak
01-18-07, 10:58 am
Liver is probably one of THE most underrated of all supplements.

Greg_G
01-19-07, 2:07 pm
Yup, with all the rave on here, I went and bought some uni liver today. Nothing like 500 tabs for 12 bucks! Anyways, I am going to start on 2 per meal, or should I do 3?

Yup, with all the rave on here, I went and bought some uni liver today. Nothing like 500 tabs for 12 bucks! Anyways, I am going to start on 2 per meal, or should I do 3?
How many meals you have G 6-8? I usually use 3-4 liver tabs per meal, maybe you should try 3 per meal.. Great stuff you will like it.

TylerC
01-19-07, 10:45 pm
lovely smell, smells like roses, i suck down at least 3 a meal, tastes like candy

Greg_G
01-20-07, 12:43 am
lovely smell, smells like roses, i suck down at least 3 a meal, tastes like candy

Not realy, lol... And I eat about 5 meals a day... I am taking 3, thanks!

pdiesel
01-23-07, 1:23 am
i was thinking of buying beef liver tabs--do i need them if im not taking "heavier shit"--you know what i mean..i was reading an article that said that, "if there is one supplement to take, than this is it" the product is from beverly nutrition..i heard that its good for detoxing liver, but the article itself says that its a good source of protein and gives a lot of endurance--(bc of the b vitamins)..so should i but this to take by itself?

rev8ball
01-23-07, 1:28 am
i was thinking of buying beef liver tabs--do i need them if im not taking "heavier shit"--you know what i mean..i was reading an article that said that, "if there is one supplement to take, than this is it" the product is from beverly nutrition..i heard that its good for detoxing liver, but the article itself says that its a good source of protein and gives a lot of endurance--(bc of the b vitamins)..so should i but this to take by itself?

Liver tabs is da bombs! They are one of the greatest inventions ever, not only because they're a great supp, but because they are made from whole food. I dunno about detoxifying the liver, but they help maintain a level of additionally available aminos to help complete the incomplete aminos of other foods in your diet. Stick with Universal's - guaranteed the cleanest shit at the best price.

Shrug
01-23-07, 10:57 pm
I read somewhere that liver tabs help in bulking you up because it helps your body absorb more water. I don't know if this is true, but the amino profile alone is enough reason to take 'em.

"6"
01-24-07, 5:14 am
500 tablets for $12??? Uni Liver absolutely blows everything else in the market out of the water both in terms of price and quality. I'm almost through my first tub and I've already got another one in my cupboard. I pop 4 in with my major meals. Mmmm mmm, yummy. Provides with me beef protein on the cheap since I can't afford steak everyday.

bayareasrick
01-24-07, 3:09 pm
Love UNI-LIVER, 18 a day on busy work days ill take up to 6 at a time but on not so busy days 3 at a time. I just had to bust open a new 500 tub today have 3 more under the kitchen table, I stay stocked up on PAK/UNI-LIVER and recently discovered ST/S WOW but anyways.....long story short, GOOD CHOICE w/UNI-LIVER

Hulk
01-24-07, 6:16 pm
got my uni-liver today cant wait to bolster my stack. Ingredient profile sems solid.

I’m a loyal adapt of liver-tabs.. Expect your feedback bro.

JUGGERNAUT
01-24-07, 6:25 pm
I expect to see a lot of PL and older guys post about this sup. Solid, been around-forever product. Extremely complete and unique protein source. Glad Universal never stopped making it so the newbies and younger guys can experience it.

SLAVE
01-24-07, 6:34 pm
Hulk, I absolutely stand by Uni-Liver as a great source of protein in easy pill form...I get burned out on the protein shakes sometimes so the pills offer a quick and convenient way to get extra protein...I take three to four with each meal...Later

DEADn
01-26-07, 3:33 pm
I saw this uni liver in a local nutrition store. I was wows by the price of it. Like $18.I nearly bought it BUT I wanted to get more information on why I would need to use it. I also saw the ON 2222 for $25 at vitamin shoppe. All I got for now was amino complex 1500 V.S. brand. These are just extra proteins to take besides any whey proteins and foods? Just wondering

DEADn

Toni69
01-26-07, 4:17 pm
What is this Uni-Liver? I never heard of it till now...is it good for me? a woman?

Hoops
01-26-07, 4:31 pm
What is this Uni-Liver? I never heard of it till now...is it good for me? a woman?

Well, it's basically beef liver in a pill form. Great source of B vitamins and protein. Though I buy from another brand as I don't like that universal bonds theirs with whey. That said for the money it's by far the best liver tab out there and it would be fine for anyone wanting to add protein to their diet.

hjayss
01-27-07, 7:40 am
I keep hearing how good it is for the body. I think I will rock that bro.

Check this out toni;http://www.animalpak.com/html/article_details.cfm?section=diet&ID=133

and It's ok to a woman.

J-Dawg
01-27-07, 9:30 am
got my uni-liver today cant wait to bolster my stack. Ingredient profile sems solid.

Good add Hulk, great way to add quality aminos/protein to the diet.

J-Dawg
01-27-07, 9:32 am

It's pure dessicated beef liver. A solid supplement to add some extra protein to your diet as well as b vitamins, heme iron and other important minerals. Women can use it as well.

svtmuscle
01-27-07, 10:06 am
You take it with food correct?

Personally I take 3 immediately after my meals.

J-Dawg
01-27-07, 10:55 am
Personally I take 3 immediately after my meals.

Same here Karma, I pop 3-4 after meals.

ILL
01-27-07, 5:16 pm
I really appreciate the appetite "stimulant" it seems to produce quite well for me...Downing 500-600g carbs gets purty freakin hard for me, but I have to because of my fast metabolism...the liver tabs really seem to help me keep forcing the food down without feeling so overly full...not to mention they have an awesome nutritional profile.

Monk
01-27-07, 9:52 pm
The Uni's are great. but be fore warned . the gas can get pretty out of hand at times.. depending on what your form of protein you intake. boiled eggs and the uni's will create some down right funky ass nasty gas.

Monk

Freak
01-29-07, 11:19 am
Check this out toni;http://www.animalpak.com/html/article_details.cfm?section=diet&ID=133

and It's ok to a woman.

Nice link.

loiacanoa
02-01-07, 2:16 pm
I just got some Uni-liver in the mail. I've heard it is a great product so I'm going to try it out. I am unsure as to how many tablets I should be taking at a time. I am 190 lbs and try to eat 5 to 6 meals a day. Taking in atleast 190 grams of protein and 380 grams of carbs. Anyone have any recommendations of how many tablets I should take?

waugie14
02-01-07, 2:32 pm
At least start of with 3 a meal.

NEW B
02-01-07, 2:47 pm
i take a few with each meal. i like the fact they are cheap so you take alot with killen your paper stack

Maximus
02-01-07, 3:22 pm
When I take them, I take 18 a day...(6 w/my big 3 meals)

Gambit
02-01-07, 4:54 pm
I only do 2 per meal, but that still factors out to be at least 10, 12 somedays, and high end 14. Just pound 'em down, bro. Great basic supplement

4 per meal with 6 meals get the job done bro!!

..Just to the record, I never use less then 3.

Reacher34
02-01-07, 6:18 pm
When I take them, I take 18 a day...(6 w/my big 3 meals)

I'm with Maximus. I take 6 at a time with meals. Sometimes also before and after workouts. If you read the ingredients, 6 tabs works out to be around 10 grams of protein....easy to keep track of.

J-Dawg
02-02-07, 9:52 am
In order to add some more quality aminos and nutrients to my diet, I just boosted my intake to 5-6 per meal and I take 'em immediately after a meal. I'm up to about 25-30/day and I'm feeling good.

BigWillay
02-02-07, 10:51 am
Ive never tried this uni-liver tabs are they really that good like can you see the difference after poppin one container....how many tablets in one container??
Ecxuse the question guys but we dont have this down here in egypt??

loiacanoa
02-02-07, 12:40 pm
Ive never tried this uni-liver tabs are they really that good like can you see the difference after poppin one container....how many tablets in one container??
Ecxuse the question guys but we dont have this down here in egypt??

There are 500 Tablets in one container.

spartan300
02-02-07, 11:06 pm
I started with a handful. Than another, then another, then another! Until I was up to 80 a day! (kids don't try this at home!) It gave me strength and endurance beyond my wildest expectations. It was mainly responsible for my near 20" arms or so I felt. I think I just needed to believe that they were "MY SECRET WEAPON". Several years after I quit competing I realized that they were just liver tabs and the rest was just me bustin' my rear in the gym but they certainly didn't hurt none either.

BigWillay
02-02-07, 11:29 pm
wowww 500 sounds like a nice load.....

jeffahammer
02-03-07, 8:31 am
When I first started the liver tabs. I took 2 with each meal and worked up to a point where I was taking one tab. per 10 lbs. of body weight divided into my 6 meals per day. That is basically what I'm taking now, but sometimes I'll crunch 3-4 berween meals as well to satisfy cravings ( seems to work for me).

"6"
02-03-07, 8:54 am
I take 4 tabs with my 3 real food meals for a total of 12 tabs a day. Gotta say that liver tabs are some good shit. I don't know if it's just me, but I notice my appetite improved after I started taking them. Oh, and I was drinking more water too.

BigWillay
02-03-07, 9:59 am
the more i read about dis the more i wish we had it down here...how about u guys send me some i got a show coming :)

styles
02-03-07, 7:37 pm
I take the one in Animal Pak plus sixteen - four tablets, four times a day. I take them between meals one thru five. This distributes 496 of the 500 tablets per bottle in a 31 day month.

My meals are at 8:30am, 10:30pm, 12:30pm, 3:30pm, 6:30pm, and 10:30pm

"6"
02-04-07, 10:44 am
the more i read about dis the more i wish we had it down here...how about u guys send me some i got a show coming :)

Couldn't you order them online?

Giant Killer
04-28-07, 12:59 pm
Liver is probably one of THE most underrated of all supplements.

Amen to that. Would never do without my giant tub of 500 Uni-Liver. 3 at each meal ensures that I'm getting my diverse aminos, supplemental protein, heme iron, b-vitamins, etc...

The smell when you open the bottle is killer! I try to keep my face as far away as possible from it when I uncork it. Haha.

Anyway, for any bodybuilders that don't know about Uni-Liver. Get to know it. Great old-school supp that is completely overlooked. Cheap and valuable, check it out.

Mr.Totality
04-28-07, 2:32 pm
4 per each meal daily

Toni69
04-28-07, 3:10 pm
I usually have a 3-4 with my shakes.

BigAnt
04-28-07, 4:23 pm

Very rich in b-vitamins and good protein...
Me--I take 6 tabs with each on my 4 food meals...(also drink 3 shakes a day)

Phil800101
04-28-07, 9:36 pm
I take em', 12 a day, spread out over three meals (4 per meal).

king1
04-28-07, 10:16 pm
Taste and smell much better than cooked liver....

Mr.Totality
04-29-07, 1:40 pm

gotta say this was a concern for me

J-Dawg
04-30-07, 8:11 am

Definitely agree there. I've never been a big fan of cooked liver. The Liver Tabs prodvide ya with the most potent part of the liver-- the aminos, b-vits, other nutrients, without the fat. Good stuff.

loiacanoa
04-30-07, 9:57 am
I take 4 with each whole food meal.

Narcissist
04-30-07, 3:07 pm
i take about 24-36 of these a day--spread out..more energy and pumped when on 'em . love it! great product and cheap.

Bob
05-01-07, 1:59 pm
I love Liver Tabs, I use 2-3 tabs w/ each meal.

Freakenstein
06-05-07, 1:56 pm
What do you animals think about supplementing with uni-liver??!!
Is it worth it?

ghost
06-05-07, 1:59 pm
i love it....take 12 of em a day.

only side effect i have noticed....TERRIBLE gas. lol.

JMC
06-05-07, 1:59 pm
Complete amino profile, cheap, old school protein supp.
I've got them 6/meal....can't beat it...

ironshaolin
06-05-07, 2:36 pm
Nitro is too expensive for me, uni-liver is my amino supplement. I take around 12-15 a day, sometimes more. 500 for 10 bucks is really unbeatable, especially with the profile it has.

Jaymafin
06-05-07, 3:06 pm
does taking it with meals effect the digestion or absorbtion. what about in between meals?

Phil800101
06-05-07, 4:00 pm
I believe it is intended to be taken with meals. I take 12 a day, 4 at a time with a meal. You could take it in between meals I guess, but it would probably cause some stomach discomfort or indigestion/heartburn.

IRBS
06-05-07, 4:26 pm
One of my favorite supps. A great midday Meal/Snack:
28 Almonds, 2 pieces of Whole Wheat Bread, 6 Liver Tabs

41.2g Protien, 26g Carbs, 16g Fat, 344 calories

One of the best snacks around.

Freakenstein
06-06-07, 4:43 am
wow.....thats more than just "thoughts", thanks animals!! I'll give it a try!!

BigAnt
06-07-07, 7:29 am
What do you animals think about supplementing with uni-liver??!!
Is it worth it?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://universalnutrition.com/

Please read "Are you positive"

I have been taKing Uni Liver for Y E A R S !

VERY GOOD STUFF!

ct italian 1
06-07-07, 8:33 am
since other amino supps were getting too pricey for me, Uni-liver is what I've been using, 2 (1 serving) w/ all 8 meals every day. great stuff and extremely affordable.

ghost
06-07-07, 8:39 am
2 at each meal.nice...im up to 6 in the am with breakfast. another 6 post training.

JMC
06-07-07, 10:23 am

VERY GOOD STUFF!

Good info indeed....
I've stuck with Uni-liver for a few years myself. I'm at about 36-42/day now depending on meals.

Giant Killer
06-07-07, 12:22 pm
I think you're convinced by now but yes Uni-liver is the SHIT. You get a gigantic bottle of amino tablets essentially. With protein, heme iron, b vitamins, etc. Very cost-effective supp and old-school tried and tested...

Kiwi129
06-07-07, 12:28 pm
I just got the smaller bottle to use in the middle of the night when I wake up. Will they really cause stomach discomfort or indigestion if not taken with food, Big Ant?

Freakenstein
06-07-07, 12:37 pm

VERY GOOD STUFF!

...good stuff...Thanks bro!

Thanks to all other Animals!!....great feedback!

IRBS
06-07-07, 1:46 pm
I just got the smaller bottle to use in the middle of the night when I wake up. Will they really cause stomach discomfort or indigestion if not taken with food, Big Ant?

Never been a problem with me, but just take it with food, no big deal.

Phil800101
06-08-07, 12:12 am
I've taken it a few times without food, with no major problems. However, I think part of the reason you're supposed to take it with food is for better digestion or absorption, because sometimes an empty stomach can get upset digesting pills like Uni-Liver. But yeah, like IRBS said, I would just take it with some food.

Narcissist
06-08-07, 10:54 am
Uni-Liver's and BCAA's are def. a staple in any hardcore bodybuilder's arsenal. I take 6-8 with each and every meal, pre, during, postworkout nutrition, and b4 bed. ( pretty much all day).my 2 cents.

Universal Rep
06-08-07, 11:26 am
Check this out: http://www.animalpak.com/html/article_details.cfm?ID=133&section=

Uni-Liver is old school and underrated in my opinion. A classic.

JMC
06-08-07, 11:49 am
Man, that's a good article...along with the one on universal, what else do ya need to know!

BigAnt
06-08-07, 4:42 pm

I have tried it without food, but I like it with food, kinda keeps me on schedule, eat, take supplements....

ironshaolin
06-08-07, 4:48 pm
I like that article, its a no bs setting for what liver tabs are really gonna do for you. Thats how all articles about supplements should be written.

Kiwi129
06-09-07, 12:41 pm
If I'm eating whole food before bed, will taking Uni-Liver keep my amino pool up ALL night? That's my goal here. I now eat a piece of chicken and some PB before bed (I'm bulking but I still avoid carbs before bed) because all I have is whey, and it digests in two hours. That leaves me screwed for the rest of the night. Now with whole food it should be burning off in about 5-7 hours from what I heard... do the Uni-Liver's keep the free form aminos in you longer than that?

TufffGuY
06-09-07, 1:22 pm
I take 2 with each meal, i've noticed that my energy is way up while on these.

BigAnt
06-09-07, 9:22 pm
I like that article, its a no bs setting for what liver tabs are really gonna do for you. Thats how all articles about supplements should be written.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

good read!

Northman
06-29-07, 10:08 am
I had stopped taking them for a while because I started to eat liver every day (liver is cheap and high in protein). I just got on them again because I have started training in the morning and I like to take 6 each with my two night meals so that I have an excellent supply of b vitamins during my workout. You will notice a greater incidence of the "pak piss" though.

Beowulf
06-29-07, 10:34 am
Wow, can't believe there's a thread on liver tabs. Didn't know there were so many taking it. Definitely old school.

DGabe24
07-25-07, 1:29 pm
Don't glandulars concern you guys with the state of meat these days?

Especially with liver and neurological tissues?

MassMonster
07-25-07, 1:38 pm
i feel a lil tougher using these... in the sense of ive been able to hit my body harder without bad consequences....and they are relatively cheap too...

Hulk
07-25-07, 1:51 pm
They should be cool if they come from a natural organic animal. Sounds funny but they pump cows full of crap and guess who it gets passed down too. I like the nutrient profile of liver tabs and getting amino from a natural source rocks

jac71
07-25-07, 2:04 pm
Just recently started taking these bad boys and love it!
Along with the pak and nitro I'm going to make them one of my foundation sups.

Northman
07-26-07, 11:25 am
Don't glandulars concern you guys with the state of meat these days?

Especially with liver and neurological tissues?

Uni-Liver is certified BSE free.

adidas
07-28-07, 3:46 am
i use to take uni-liver, but after looking into the ingredients i was kinda upset to find more than just argintine beef liver in it.

however i still do use a liver tab product, its just not uni-liver.

i take 10 ED for an added 20g of protien.

Girevik 69
07-31-07, 1:25 pm
Liver is a really good food. It's a source of quality protein, as well as B-vitamins, heme iron, nucleic acids (RNA & DNA), creatine, and components like cytochrome P-450, which has an anti-estrogenic effect. Various indigenous peoples (like the Native Americans) were known for consuming the liver of large bovine creatures. Organ meats are a great source of so many nutrients. Dessicated liver tabs are good because you get all those nutrients in a whole food matrix, but without the fat and toxins found in whole beef liver.

Liver tabs are most commonly sourced from Argentinian cattle (this is the case with Uni-Liver), where the government takes their beef seriously, and does not allow the use of steroids, hormones, or even pesticides on the grass. Argentinian-sourced liver tabs include Universal's Uni-Liver, as well as those made by Beverly International and Solgar. However, Universal's are the only ones I know of that are certified BSE (Mad Cow) free. In addition, Carlson makes liver tabs sourced from American Buffalo (Bison). And there's some other company that offers beef liver from New Zealand.

Uni-Liver certainly cannot be beat, in terms of quality Argentinian-sourced liver. The price is a no-brainer, compared with other companies. The only complaint I have is the whey that's included in the tablets. For some reason, Universal like to throw whey into everything, which is unfortunate for those with dairy allergies. I'm personally not bothered by it, but I would still prefer if the Uni-Liver tabs didn't have the whey in them.

Being a kettlebell lifter, I wanted a supplement that would boost strength and endurance, and liver tabs certainly do that. I use between 8 and 12 a day.

Girevik 69
07-31-07, 1:28 pm
i use to take uni-liver, but after looking into the ingredients i was kinda upset to find more than just argintine beef liver in it.

Are you referring to the whey?

adidas
07-31-07, 5:39 pm
Are you referring to the whey?

yes the whey and the terra alba...
why are those 2 items in a liver tab?

Girevik 69
07-31-07, 6:23 pm

Good question...

o2
07-31-07, 11:21 pm
[QUOTE=Terra Alba is dihydrate form of calcium sulfate containing 23% calcium with neutral pH. Made from high purity white gypsum containing about 20% water of crystallization. USG F & P is recommended for use in food and pharmaceutical applications and guaranteed to meet the standards of the Food Chemicals Codex and National Formulary.[/QUOTE]

Eww that shits used to make plaster and paints. I assume its int he pills to keep them in shape and hardened. Hmm, and I consiter uniliver to be one of my staples..... i hope maybe URep chimes in here....

simpleguy
08-01-07, 1:32 am
liver tabs are great, I really feel it, but, in my book, they're not that cheap... I pop in about 25-30 of those per day, so it hardly lasts 10 days...

adidas
08-14-07, 10:05 pm

bump!

were the rep or watch men at on this?

adidas
08-17-07, 4:47 pm
bump!

adidas
08-19-07, 10:51 am
bump!

!!!

BeastofBurden
08-19-07, 12:36 pm
I'm a little confused to these liver tabs.. there are well diversed in aminos, no doubt, but How can u obtain a large amount of protein from these tablets? when it says in the ingredients its only 3.2 grams per 2 tablets
Can someone explain cause i'm interested in adding another supp to my line-up

adidas
08-19-07, 12:52 pm
I'm a little confused to these liver tabs.. there are well diversed in aminos, no doubt, but How can u obtain a large amount of protein from these tablets? when it says in the ingredients its only 3.2 grams per 2 tablets
Can someone explain cause i'm interested in adding another supp to my line-up

if you take 10 ED that like 16-17g extra a day.

the brand i used was 2g per tablet..so 10ed = 20g extra a day.

BeastofBurden
08-19-07, 1:11 pm
Damn, thats a lot of the same thing lol i'd have to carry the bottle around with me everywhere!

adidas
08-19-07, 1:15 pm
Damn, thats a lot of the same thing lol i'd have to carry the bottle around with me everywhere!

i just divy out 10 tabs into a zip-lock or pill container and take with me.

adidas
08-21-07, 4:34 pm
bump!

were the rep or watch men at on this?

bumpty bump

adidas
08-24-07, 5:00 pm
i wonder if i should just start a new thread on this question then?

Girevik 69
08-25-07, 10:14 pm

My current 500-ct tub of Uni-Liver does not list terra alba among the "other ingredients".

adidas
08-25-07, 11:17 pm
My current 500-ct tub of Uni-Liver does not list terra alba among the "other ingredients".

its still list on the other ingrediants on BB.com supp profile and on the universal site too.

J-Dawg
08-27-07, 12:35 pm

I just saw this question now. Sorry for the delay in getting a response to you.
The reason is that liver powder is not a free flowing material and it doesn't naturally hold together well when being compressed into a tablet. The whey protein and terra alba works to bind and hold the liver powder together after it is compressed in the tablet press. Whey protein is also a source of protein in the tablet and terra alba is food grade calcium sulfate, which adds a small amount of calcium. These natural ingredients are used instead of a starch material like many other companies (to avoid adding carbs). And the process also allows us not to use an alcohol granulation process which requires heat.

adidas
08-27-07, 12:53 pm
I just saw this question now. Sorry for the delay in getting a response to you.
The reason is that liver powder is not a free flowing material and it doesn't naturally hold together well when being compressed into a tablet. The whey protein and terra alba works to bind and hold the liver powder together after it is compressed in the tablet press. Whey protein is also a source of protein in the tablet and terra alba is food grade calcium sulfate, which adds a small amount of calcium. These natural ingredients are used instead of a starch material like many other companies (to avoid adding carbs). And the process also allows us not to use an alcohol granulation process which requires heat.

ok thanks that clears up a lot for me.

LegendKillerJosh
09-15-07, 10:36 pm
Uniliver is my favorite supplement. I'm really old school and there a lot of bogus supps today on the market that don't do shit, so it's nice to take something I know is helping. And 500 tabs for under 20 bucks is unbeatable. I add them to any meal that doesn't have enough protein or I take them with any meal that includes a lot of bread, grains, pasta etc. so I can complete the proteins.

Jimmy
09-26-07, 9:55 pm
liver tabs are a great deal baby, my gyms supp section had 2 500tab tubs, i picked em both up for around 32 bucks. add that solid 20g of protien a day like its nuttin, however i did notice they make your rip some fierce ass gas. be mindful of whos around you when on liver tabs. lol

Vinny G
09-26-07, 9:58 pm

dude.....1978 just called, they want their liver tabs back....lol

JMC
09-27-07, 9:15 am
dude.....1978 just called, they want their liver tabs back....lol

HILARIOUS!

BigLansford
09-28-07, 9:00 am
I take my Uni-Liver every day along with the Natural Sterol Complex. The combination of the two make me as dense as a tank.

HardcoreTrnr
09-28-07, 10:26 am
I take about 12 of these a day. been using them since 1978 like vinny g haha

JMC
09-28-07, 11:21 am
I take about 12 of these a day. been using them since 1978 like vinny g haha

Damn bro...momma started you early huh...like at 2! Tough for babies to get those horse pills down I bet.

j/k....

LUCEE
10-06-07, 12:44 am
I started using them after reading about them in Vince Gironda's courses. After learning all the benefits and actually experiencing better health...i will never stop using liver tabs... I take 6 every 3 hours between meals. I also chew them for better absorbtion. You get used to the taste.

J-Dawg
10-11-07, 9:55 am
I started using them after reading about them in Vince Gironda's courses. After learning all the benefits and actually experiencing better health...i will never stop using liver tabs... I take 6 every 3 hours between meals. I also chew them for better absorbtion. You get used to the taste.

Yeah the taste isn't that bad actually. I normally don't chew them but have tried this in the past and it just has a "meaty" flavor.

simpleguy
10-11-07, 11:55 am
I always feel the taste, not so bad, but I never thought about chewing'em... oh, I'm glad we don't have to chew the pak, that would be hard stuff lol

saint of the gym
10-11-07, 12:13 pm
I love uni-liver, it tops my favorite staple (besides Animal Pak). It really isnt a supplement, its a must have to bb's

McFly
10-15-07, 12:29 pm
i am starting them next week....see how it goes.

OSUrookie
11-06-07, 11:32 pm
i've heard a lot of good things, and like the pak, if its been around this long, its doing something right. going to get a bottle my next order for sure.

Bob
11-19-07, 9:25 am
Yeah, for the price, you can't beat the extra nutrition that the tabs supply.

xxhammerxx
12-19-07, 6:13 pm
Do I really need to take bcaa's if I use liver tabs religiously every day.

widdlewade44
12-19-07, 6:56 pm
Do I really need to take bcaa's if I use liver tabs religiously every day.

It will help to keep you in a positive anabolic state. If you're not anabolic, you're catabolic which is NO good. Peace.

Kevin
widdlewade44

krazyassmexican
12-19-07, 9:40 pm
It will help to keep you in a positive anabolic state. If you're not anabolic, you're catabolic which is NO good. Peace.

Kevin
widdlewade44

you recommended me uniliver like 18 weeks ago
and let me tell you there's no looking back
3liver tabs 7times a day is my fuckin insurance

LegendKillerJosh
12-19-07, 9:48 pm
To me uniliver is as big of a staple as pak. I NEVER go without either of them.

pmug0000
12-19-07, 11:18 pm
After seein all these threads and posts on Uni-Liver I finally got some a couple days ago and now they will be included with Pak and Nitro as constants.
I remember reading a while back that someone said they chewed the Uni-Liver tabs, so I gave that a try. That shit is sooooooooo fucking gross... but I don't mind swallowing 'em like the rest of my supplements.

Bob
12-20-07, 3:09 pm
After seein all these threads and posts on Uni-Liver I finally got some a couple days ago and now they will be included with Pak and Nitro as constants.
I remember reading a while back that someone said they chewed the Uni-Liver tabs, so I gave that a try. That shit is sooooooooo fucking gross... but I don't mind swallowing 'em like the rest of my supplements.

haha Liver Tabs-- just like candy...

pmug0000
12-21-07, 11:57 am
haha Liver Tabs-- just like candy...

Reminds me of dog treats.

Freakshow
12-21-07, 12:30 pm
Reminds me of dog treats.

Barf..

pmug0000
12-21-07, 12:33 pm
Barf..

The good dog treats, though. Like Beggin' Strips.
No I'm really just fuckin around. I definitely don't recommend eating them though. If you don't my suckin down a couple more pills throughout the day then just take em that way.

McFly
12-21-07, 1:08 pm
i've been taking them for a little over 2 months, 6 shortly after or in between every meal and even with my diet not being spot on and training light the past month, i am holding onto my size and strength very well and i do have to attribute some of that to the uni-liver tabs.

Wasteland
12-21-07, 1:57 pm
To me uniliver is as big of a staple as pak. I NEVER go without either of them.

x2. For me, a staple as well, along with Pak.

widdlewade44
12-21-07, 4:42 pm
you recommended me uniliver like 18 weeks ago
and let me tell you there's no looking back
3liver tabs 7times a day is my fuckin insurance

I know you've been kicking it and taking names for the last 18 weeks...Uni-Liver is old school and a SOLID product.

Kevin
widdlewade44

Shukin
12-21-07, 7:38 pm
Been using uni-liver over a month now, great source of iron as well, the only draw back is the smell of the liver farts! They are serious!!!!

NightStorm
12-22-07, 12:38 am
After reading all the rave reviews and articles, I have decided to give Uni-Liver a shot.

Ordered two 500 bottles from www.mysupplementstore.com (http://mysupplementstore.com/unbyunnu1.html) for $10.99 each. Got free shipping on it as well. The company is offering free shipping for the holidays.

Looking forward to popping a couple of 'em.

Thanks to all.

r-ace-f
12-22-07, 3:20 am
it sounds great and looks inexpensive so i'll definatly get it

sgtmason
01-18-08, 7:59 pm
i've got em slated on my next supp order. can't wait to start em. have a feeling they're gonna be a foundational supp.

Genetix
01-25-08, 10:12 pm
awesome product, 4 with each meal. might have to bump it up to 6. Great nutritional profile and really makes a difference in my training.

pmug0000
01-25-08, 10:29 pm
awesome product, 4 with each meal. might have to bump it up to 6. Great nutritional profile and really makes a difference in my training.

Yeah bro no reason not to go with 6 per meal. At DPS it's only about $10 for 500, so that's only gonna cost you an extra 4 cents per meal. Those Uni-Livers are a lotta bang for your buck, that's for sure.

jeff00z28
01-25-08, 10:39 pm
i just take 2 pills a day. better than nothing

Roland
01-25-08, 10:48 pm
i just take 2 pills a day. better than nothing

Only 2 livers a day? or you mean 2 per meal?? May I ask why only 2 per day if so?

I been using it myself for a while now, about 3 tabs with a meal...love it. It is def. a staple along with pak. And cheap too for the great ingredients.

intoodeep25
01-25-08, 11:45 pm
i take em..been a staple for a little while now..i love the oldschool vibe of liver tabs..they pack a mighty punch for the price

Hoffdogg
01-26-08, 12:41 am
Oh yeah, 4-6 with every meal.

USMCxJ
01-26-08, 11:39 pm
Started Uni-Liver earlier this month - combined with my bulk diet, strength keeps going up. I take three a meal for six meals. When there are times when I don't have a choice but to eat garbage, I know that my Uni-Liver will be there to provide me with at least some quality nutrients and aminos. Can't go wrong with these babies.

born0withno0soul
01-27-08, 2:22 am
i also joined tis list a week ago. im a newbie to the liver. my blood has been way to thin lately along with excessive bleeding. i have a past of anemia so i got them for the iron

Lethal_Banana
01-27-08, 7:04 am
Thought I already posted here. 5 tabs with each meal. These lil protein bombs will stay with me.

Cheers,
LB

DreamZero
01-27-08, 8:05 am
2 with every meal, 5-6 times/day.. I get some weird looks when I pull the 500caps tub out of my bag with my prt shake but eh.. there's nothin to do but to do it.

PJC
01-27-08, 2:08 pm
Just started taking them @4 per meal. Will be a staple.

HoldFast
01-27-08, 4:29 pm
2 per non whey meal for me!

jeff00z28
01-30-08, 5:24 pm
Only 2 livers a day? or you mean 2 per meal?? May I ask why only 2 per day if so?

I been using it myself for a while now, about 3 tabs with a meal...love it. It is def. a staple along with pak. And cheap too for the great ingredients.

only 2 per day. I suppose i will start taking more like 10. I just wasn't sure how many i should take. I thought they were more to help ur liver than actually containing liver. I mostly just got em cuzz i saw every1 else on here takes them lol

pmug0000
01-30-08, 5:36 pm
only 2 per day. I suppose i will start taking more like 10. I just wasn't sure how many i should take. I thought they were more to help ur liver than actually containing liver. I mostly just got em cuzz i saw every1 else on here takes them lol

Damn bro, at 2 per day those tubs last you almost a year! I take about 28 a day now (4 with each meal), and for a while I was taking 35 (5 with each meal).
I think if your going to use 'em, you may as well use a lot of 'em.

Hoffdogg
01-30-08, 5:39 pm
only 2 per day. I suppose i will start taking more like 10. I just wasn't sure how many i should take. I thought they were more to help ur liver than actually containing liver. I mostly just got em cuzz i saw every1 else on here takes them lolKick it up bro, I am at 24-30 per day also. Can't beat'em!

MNfootball
02-02-08, 12:07 am
I'm definitely buying Uni-Liver! You SERIOUSLY can't beat 500 tabs for 12 bucks... c'mon this should be common sense!!!

Gehlbach!
02-02-08, 12:54 am
Just got my first tub last week and IM LOVING THEM! They are great!!!! So if your questioning getting some, JUST DO IT!!!

spyderman4g63
02-02-08, 3:32 am
Great supplement. The only side effect is that everything coming out of your body smells like the tablets do.

Enforcer
02-04-08, 2:15 pm
I take 3 with every meal. Taste and smell like ass but love taking em down and them always make me feel great throughtout the day. Can't live without them.

Wasteland
02-04-08, 2:16 pm
Great supplement. The only side effect is that everything coming out of your body smells like the tablets do.

Sometimes worse. Warn the neighbors, loved ones, small children and pets, LOL.

Boz
02-10-08, 7:51 am
Just recently started taking them myself. Wish I would have strated them long ago.

Geek
02-10-08, 9:25 am

that doesnt do the smell justice....i eat 4 evertime i put something considered to be food into my mouth (meals, shakes, whatever) and they are fantastic!

but the scent....its like hot sulfur pouring from my anus....or maybe the like the front door to hell is back there. i have cleared buildings, i have been kicked out of MRAPS...hell, (not bullshit) i let one rip on a black hawk (a 'choppa') and my co-worker caught a wiff....granted the doors were shut, but there was a little breeze making into the bird.....

none-the-less, worth every penny...get some!

ROC1291
02-10-08, 9:38 am
The best is when you're driving, and you wanna let one rip.
Say you've got anywhere from 1-4 passengers in your car and you feel like really being a dick, bust about 4 or 5 that you've been holding in the whole car ride.
Right before you fart, lock all the windows and blast the heat!
Turn the heat right on your opponents and WHAMMY!
They can enjoy the full effect of Universals very own Uni-Liver.

Geek
02-10-08, 9:56 am
The best is when you're driving, and you wanna let one rip.
Say you've got anywhere from 1-4 passengers in your car and you feel like really being a dick, bust about 4 or 5 that you've been holding in the whole car ride.
Right before you fart, lock all the windows and blast the heat!
Turn the heat right on your opponents and WHAMMY!
They can enjoy the full effect of Universals very own Uni-Liver.

classic....gross, but a classic

mikejones1
02-10-08, 10:39 am
dont know if this was asked, but theyre ok to take if your dieting also correct? cant see anything wrong with it, but i dont know so thats why im asking.

Pizzalamp
02-10-08, 10:49 am
dont know if this was asked, but theyre ok to take if your dieting also correct? cant see anything wrong with it, but i dont know so thats why im asking.

theyre great when dieting

Myles
02-21-08, 6:18 am
its such a great supplement, i had em in my cupboard for 2 months and dont even use it. Now i tried it its great, i could say i gain 5 kg supplemeting with liver tabs!

cubs1987
03-03-08, 11:38 pm
mine are arriving tomorrow! I only got the 250 version though, so I will need to buy some more very soon.

kcinnitram91
04-06-08, 7:44 pm
Just ordered some Uni-Liver and I was wondering how many people use this as a staple in their diet? Also how often do you normally take it?

Pizzalamp
04-06-08, 7:45 pm
Just ordered some Uni-Liver and I was wondering how many people use this as a staple in their diet? Also how often do you normally take it?

i do 4 per meal...have taken it for the past few years

HoldFast
04-06-08, 7:51 pm
i do 4 per meal...have taken it for the past few yearsSame for me also.

For the price per tub of them, I see it as an easy way to "top of my tank" after each meal.

MassMan
04-06-08, 7:52 pm
I take 4-6 per meal. Been doin so for 3 years. Good, solid supp. Do em year round.

kcinnitram91
04-06-08, 7:54 pm
I'm assuming that you guys have felt that they have helped your gains.

Pizzalamp
04-06-08, 7:55 pm

i def feel stronger taking them and i feel fuller...the give me energy too

MassMan
04-06-08, 7:59 pm

Definetely 100000%. I saw a tub on a shelf @ a GNC once I looked at it for a while. I bought it because it was 9.95 for the 500 count and I looked at it and kinda laughed. I thought, "what the fuck is liver tabs gonna do for me?" Anywho, I did what the instruction said to do and I began to feel better recovery time. The longer I used, the more I saw the benefits. This is by no means a fancy supp. Just what's been working for ages. Defeintely give it a go. Won't gice immideate results, but will over time.

kcinnitram91
04-06-08, 8:06 pm
Definetely 100000%. I saw a tub on a shelf @ a GNC once I looked at it for a while. I bought it because it was 9.95 for the 500 count and I looked at it and kinda laughed. I thought, "what the fuck is liver tabs gonna do for me?" Anywho, I did what the instruction said to do and I began to feel better recovery time. The longer I used, the more I saw the benefits. This is by no means a fancy supp. Just what's been working for ages. Defeintely give it a go. Won't gice immideate results, but will over time.

Well I have been looking into it a while, and when I saw the amino acid profile, I had to try it. I am currently cutting on keto, so I figured at the very least that it would help me keep lean mass.

MassMan
04-06-08, 8:08 pm
Well I have been looking into it a while, and when I saw the amino acid profile, I had to try it. I am currently cutting on keto, so I figured at the very least that it would help me keep lean mass.

Good call there, the amino acid profile of Uni Liver is very dense and liver also has Heme Iron, the one ya can't OD on.... Good solid shit from Universal. I love it.... Order 4 tubs every time I place an order. How's keto going?

Elite
04-06-08, 8:13 pm
For the price you guys get Uni-Liver for, you should have a lot to answer for if its not a staple supp. Wish i could, but its $30+ per tub for me. Oh fuck it, im gonna order my first ever tub now...

kcinnitram91
04-06-08, 8:14 pm
Good call there, the amino acid profile of Uni Liver is very dense and liver also has Heme Iron, the one ya can't OD on.... Good solid shit from Universal. I love it.... Order 4 tubs every time I place an order. How's keto going?

Real solid so far. Going into my 3rd week. Hopefully this will be my last cut until I can decide when my first natural competition will be. I used to be 280 when I played ball so its been a long process to get where I want to be.

MassMan
04-06-08, 8:14 pm
For the price you guys get Uni-Liver for, you should have a lot to answer for if its not a staple supp. Wish i could, but its $30+ per tub for me. Oh fuck it, im gonna order my first ever tub now...

Damn, you guys have it rough over on the other side of the pond.... $30 per tub of Uni Liver.... shit... how much does protein cost over there?

Elite
04-06-08, 8:24 pm
Just bought my first 500 Uni Liver, awww....

5lb Protein = $60-70. Just aswell i brought a shitload of goodies back from the Arnold (J-Dawg gave me an amazing deal).

Uni-Liver is old school and just about every body builder worth there salt has been taking them with there meals for decades.

TheDarkHalf
04-06-08, 8:25 pm
good to hear this has worked so well for you all. Makes me feel better about purchasing it, i've got my tub coming this week!

scals
04-06-08, 8:38 pm
I like them and usually take 4 per meal. Sometimes 6 if I feel I need it.

born0withno0soul
04-06-08, 8:41 pm
well i dont use 4-6 every mel but i do take about 6 a day. no more than they cost you should definetly add them to your supp stack

MassMan
04-06-08, 8:43 pm
Just bought my first 500 Uni Liver, awww....

5lb Protein = $60-70. Just aswell i brought a shitload of goodies back from the Arnold (J-Dawg gave me an amazing deal).

Uni-Liver is old school and just about every body builder worth there salt has been taking them with there meals for decades.

Where did you pick up the tabs from, an online distributer?

Damn... I would be broke if I lived in GB.... also because gas, milk, food is fucking expensive... guess I have nothing to complain about my $3.50 gal milk over here!!!

Elite
04-06-08, 8:46 pm

http://www.elitesupplements.co.uk/search_result.php?page=3&catid=

kcinnitram91
04-06-08, 8:49 pm
I'm probably going to start with 2 per meal. I eat 6 meals a day so I figured they would be spread out nicely on my cut.

Hola Bola
04-06-08, 9:12 pm
Uni-Liver has been a staple for me for +3 yrs... I take 2 with most meals... usually 8-10 a day.

Gonzo
04-06-08, 11:07 pm
What's up,

I was reading one of the supplement regimens on the forum, and ran across Uni-Liver. How many people here are using it, and how long have you been using it for? Also, how many tabs are you taking a day? I was reading some people taking 12 per day. That sounds like a lot, especially when taking Animal Pak and Animal Omega, when they come out. But I was also just looking, and it seems like Animal Pak already has everything the Uni-Liver has in it, only Animal Pak has more. Anyway, they are cheap and could be a good addition to the supplement lineup. Let me know what you think.

Gonzo

wsuiron
04-06-08, 11:11 pm
Uni-Liver is good stuff...about 2 weeks ago i got 2 500 tab tubs. They are a great way to get that extra protein. I take like 12 to 16 a day. They are perfect to pop in if you wake up in the middle of the night...They make life easier.

big bear
04-06-08, 11:11 pm
i take them, i take about 3 with every other meal, so around 9 a day. ive noticed that my recovery has improved over the last few months of taking it. and yeah its economical thats what i like too!

Phil800101
04-07-08, 12:27 am
Please use the search function next time, this has been covered already. Check out this thread:

http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=553

J-Dawg
04-07-08, 11:20 am

Haha nice ThirdEye. Good to see you on the LiverTab kick too. Even at that price, it's still a great deal for what it offers!

Universal Rep
04-07-08, 11:21 am
Uni-Liver has been a staple for me for +3 yrs... I take 2 with most meals... usually 8-10 a day.

Great, aren't they?

simpleguy
04-07-08, 11:30 am

Damn... I would be broke if I lived in GB.... also because gas, milk, food is fucking expensive... guess I have nothing to complain about my $3.50 gal milk over here!!!

yeah, GB is definitely very expensive... so is most of Europe

if you seen that site, the prices are in pounds... well, a pound is about 2 bucks

so if you see something priced at 25 pounds, it would be around 50$

Hoomgar
04-23-08, 3:07 pm

I'm a late comer here but I'm on board now. Instead of double posting here is my post from another thread: http://forum.animalpak.com/showpost.php?p=369323&postcount=63

In order to add some more quality aminos and nutrients to my diet, I just boosted my intake to 5-6 per meal and I take 'em immediately after a meal. I'm up to about 25-30/day and I'm feeling good.

Keepin my eye on you bro, in case you start growin horns or something like that?

J-Dawg
04-25-08, 10:40 am
I'm a late comer here but I'm on board now. Instead of double
Keepin my eye on you bro, in case you start growin horns or something like that?

Haha nothing yet H, just getting lean for the summer.

mritter3
04-25-08, 11:32 am
uni liver is probaly one of the only universal products i have yet to try, but with all of the positive feedback uniliver will be my next purchase. thanks for the great theads.

Mr. Dead
04-25-08, 11:45 am
uni liver is probaly one of the only universal products i have yet to try, but with all of the positive feedback uniliver will be my next purchase. thanks for the great theads.

I use them, since liver is one of the most nutrient dense sources out there, and I can't stand to eat it. So, the pill form is right up my alley and it supports more of my amino needs... Peace.

Jay_de
06-07-08, 5:22 pm
The Uni's are great. but be fore warned . the gas can get pretty out of hand at times.. depending on what your form of protein you intake. boiled eggs and the uni's will create some down right funky ass nasty gas.

Monk

i love it....take 12 of em a day.

only side effect i have noticed....TERRIBLE gas. lol.

Man...
You aren't kidding. I literally haven't stopped ripping since I started these a few weeks back.

Littlefry
06-08-08, 5:27 pm
i will have to pick sum up for my next stack

Universal Rep
07-15-08, 10:18 am
Any of ya new school fellas using this old school supp?

JMC
07-15-08, 10:33 am

Indeed we see a lot of new folks to the FORVM day by day asking about their current stack or asking for recommendations. I rarely see anyone talking about Uni-Liver. It honestly should be a foundational supplement along with your Pak, Flex, Omega, etc... Definitely been a staple of mine for over a few years now.

psychowolverine
07-15-08, 11:26 am
I just started using this in the last 2 weeks.

I am 27 years old with an old school mentality when it comes to lifting, but this was the first I had ever seen or used a supp like this.

I was never real big into supps anyway so that may be the reason why. I do however like EAA/BCAA type supps. So Ill continue to use the 500tab tub and see where I stand and probably buy another... Cant hardly go wrong at 12-13 bucks for 500 horse pills.

psychowolverine
07-15-08, 12:06 pm
is there a real importance to taking these with a meal?

simpleguy
07-15-08, 1:03 pm
is there a real importance to taking these with a meal?

nah... just that you're supposed to eat every 3 hrs or so... meaning if you pop 3-6 of those per meal it makes it easy to get some extra 5-10g of protein... when eating 6-7 meals a day, those extra grams of protein add up

Hoomgar
07-15-08, 3:27 pm

Standing up to be counted...

Cellerator65
07-15-08, 3:29 pm
i have a tub of em, but i just dont get around to take em... so many pills, so little time haha

TheDarkHalf
07-15-08, 8:28 pm
Right now I am taking 4 with every meal (I eat 6 meals), and 4 when I wake up in the middle of the night to take a piss.

joms_phoenix
12-10-08, 12:45 pm
b0rnwithno0soul, how you doing with 6 Uni-Liver tabs a day? Just asking because I do take 6 tabs a day too...

Rida4life
12-10-08, 1:17 pm
I just ordered me 500 tabs yesterday! I heard a lot of good things about uni-liver so why not give them a shot!

On Letting Go
12-10-08, 1:30 pm
Good choice Rida. Uni-Liver is a great supplement and a staple for me. I take 14 daily.

Cstlfx
01-01-09, 6:22 pm
Is there any difference between 1 Uni-liver and the liver tab in Pak?

futurefreak101
01-01-09, 6:28 pm
Is there any difference between 1 Uni-liver and the liver tab in Pak?

they are the same exact pills.....btw i eat 8-10 meals a day and pop 6 of these at each meal...cant go wrong for the price and quantity.

TigerAce01
01-01-09, 6:41 pm
Uni-Liver is a great foundational supplement. I take 12-18 tabs a day depending on my workout. It is an extremely effective and very economical way to keep a constant flow of aminos in my blood. I also notice a difference in my post-workout swelling. It feels much more full and thick. Also stimulates my appetite. Great supplement, I would suggest it for anyone.

Universal Rep
02-04-09, 12:49 pm
Another Uni-Liver appreciation thread... http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=283822991&posted=1#post283822991

Mr. Dead
02-04-09, 12:52 pm
Another Uni-Liver appreciation thread... http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=283822991&posted=1#post283822991

Ya beat me to it...

Universal Rep
02-04-09, 1:01 pm
Ya beat me to it...

I mean, you can buy a bottle of Uni-Liver for what, $6-7 bucks. If only more people tried it, they would understand...

Mr. Dead
02-04-09, 1:05 pm
I mean, you can buy a bottle of Uni-Liver for what, $6-7 bucks. If only more people tried it, they would understand...

Too true...

J-Dawg
02-04-09, 1:28 pm

Definitely worth it for being so nutrient dense and packed with aminos. Can't get much for $6-7 these days, let alone 250 liver tabs.

Hoomgar
02-04-09, 2:33 pm
Definitely worth it for being so nutrient dense and packed with aminos. Can't get much for $6-7 these days, let alone 250 liver tabs.

Got that right J. And the 500ct bottle is an even better value on top of that! Very low cost, effective, smart supplementation.

Universal Rep
05-29-09, 9:39 am
Got that right J. And the 500ct bottle is an even better value on top of that! Very low cost, effective, smart supplementation.

Yup. A bump to remind fellas about good 'ol Uni-Liver...

ghost
05-29-09, 9:58 am
Uni-Liver is a STAPLE... and should be in everyone's arsenal.

Jay_de
05-29-09, 2:40 pm
I actually ran out of Uni-Liver about a month ago and have slacked on ordering more.
I think it's time to pick up two bottles and another tub of Milk & Egg protein...

CavScout1980
06-10-09, 1:27 pm
Whats up fellas. I did a search and found a few posts on stomach issues while on Uni-Liver. I dont really have an upset stomach from it, but I get some of the nasties fart and shit smells you can imagine. I am guessing it is from the Uni-Liver because I stopped taking it and it went away and when I started again it came back. Now I don't have a problem with this but the 15 other guys I live with here in Iraq do. I take it right after I eat, normally 3 tabs 3 times a day. My other supplements include Pak, M-stack, Omega, Glutamine, Glucosamine and Whey. Think any of these others might be making my stomach act up when I take the Uni-Liver? Or is this just something that y'all deal with?

CuttDeez
07-22-09, 11:55 am
16 a day keeps the doctor away!!

G Diesel
07-22-09, 1:29 pm
Whats up fellas. I did a search and found a few posts on stomach issues while on Uni-Liver. I dont really have an upset stomach from it, but I get some of the nasties fart and shit smells you can imagine. I am guessing it is from the Uni-Liver because I stopped taking it and it went away and when I started again it came back. Now I don't have a problem with this but the 15 other guys I live with here in Iraq do. I take it right after I eat, normally 3 tabs 3 times a day. My other supplements include Pak, M-stack, Omega, Glutamine, Glucosamine and Whey. Think any of these others might be making my stomach act up when I take the Uni-Liver? Or is this just something that y'all deal with?

I've had similar issues bro, which has been hell for me because I love Uni-Liver and having it as a part of my supplement arsenal. As such I've gone from taking 20+ a day all the way down to just a couple, 2-3 times a day. A couple of tips I've heard are to never take em on an empty stomach and to start with only a couple a day to slowly build up a tolerance.

From what I hear though, the formula has been recently tweaked to have less fillers which should greatly help with digestion. The newer ones are available in the new label, so they should be easy to identify. I'm definitely eager to give em a go.

Peace, G

Hoomgar
07-22-09, 2:14 pm
I've had similar issues bro, which has been hell for me because I love Uni-Liver and having it as a part of my supplement arsenal. As such I've gone from taking 20+ a day all the way down to just a couple, 2-3 times a day. A couple of tips I've heard are to never take em on an empty stomach and to start with only a couple a day to slowly build up a tolerance.

From what I hear though, the formula has been recently tweaked to have less fillers which should greatly help with digestion. The newer ones are available in the new label, so they should be easy to identify. I'm definitely eager to give em a go.

Peace, G

You can see the difference in the tablets G. Definitely another product on the path of constant improvement just like Animal Pak.

Hercules
07-22-09, 6:54 pm
I just received my Uni-Liver last week from DPS. I got 2 of the 500ct tubs. Both have the new label. I didn't notice anything new about the actual pills themselves, though. These should be taken by anyone serious about getting some quality aminos in their diet.

Hoomgar
07-23-09, 10:32 am
I just received my Uni-Liver last week from DPS. I got 2 of the 500ct tubs. Both have the new label. I didn't notice anything new about the actual pills themselves, though. These should be taken by anyone serious about getting some quality aminos in their diet.

If you get a batch of the new pills and have some of the old ones left look at them side by side. The new ones are larger, have a different outside texture and are easy to see that they have changed. Very nice.

Universal Rep
07-23-09, 11:08 am
Nice log for Uni-Liver:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=115680051

Wasteland
07-28-09, 1:33 pm
If you get a batch of the new pills and have some of the old ones left look at them side by side. The new ones are larger, have a different outside texture and are easy to see that they have changed. Very nice.

New ones also seem softer than the old, or is it just me?

Hoomgar
07-28-09, 1:35 pm
New ones also seem softer than the old, or is it just me?

Definitely softer.

Wasteland
07-28-09, 1:36 pm
Definitely softer.

That's what it seemed to me. This will probably translate into quicker dissolution.

Hoomgar
07-28-09, 1:40 pm
That's what it seemed to me. This will probably translate into quicker dissolution.

Yea I'm pretty sure I read somewhere posted by J-Dawg that that was what they were shooting for. To make the tablets even easier to digest.

Hg

Wasteland
07-28-09, 1:42 pm
Yea I'm pretty sure I read somewhere posted by J-Dawg that that was what they were shooting for. To make the tablets even easier to digest.

Hg

It can't hurt, though as you should take these with meals, there really shouldn't be a problem to begin with.

andrewT
08-10-09, 9:50 pm
The new ones are better, except since they are bigger I cannot swallow as many at once.

metfan
11-25-09, 5:07 pm
Thanks for all the info provided on this product.

After reading this thread and another on this supp, I just ordered 2 tubs. Looks like yet another Universal product that I can't live without.

Just getting back in the gym after a layoff and already loaded up on Pak/Flex but have always wondered about the effectiveness of this product.

Thanks to all the ANIMAL'S who posted info.

widdlewade44
11-25-09, 5:11 pm
Thanks for all the info provided on this product.

After reading this thread and another on this supp, I just ordered 2 tubs. Looks like yet another Universal product that I can't live without.

Just getting back in the gym after a layoff and already loaded up on Pak/Flex but have always wondered about the effectiveness of this product.

Thanks to all the ANIMAL'S who posted info.

Uni-Liver is a very solid, time proven supplement that you'll end up loving. Good luck on your Journey, peace.

Kevin
widdlewade44

SpankyC
09-09-10, 7:02 pm
Whats your guys's take on this product. It seems to be cheap with loads of aminos in it! Must be good? Can I take this before bed aswell?

C.Coronato
09-10-10, 9:19 am
Whats your guys's take on this product. It seems to be cheap with loads of aminos in it! Must be good? Can I take this before bed aswell?

Great product and has been around for years! I still take them with my meals through the day, but they really can be taken whenever. It was a staple for many of the old school bodybuilders back in the 70s.

Hoomgar
09-13-10, 4:40 pm
Great product and has been around for years! I still take them with my meals through the day, but they really can be taken whenever. It was a staple for many of the old school bodybuilders back in the 70s.

What this brother said and I'd add that I'm stacking them with the new 100% Beef Aminos as well. 1/2 dose of each with each meal to get an even more diverse amino spectrum in my diet.

Hg

mnmvilla2002
09-29-10, 3:24 am
How many do you guys take? I try to take 5 tabs 4x a day to get 20 for the day.

Girevik 69
09-29-10, 11:26 am
Typically I take 4 Uni-Liver tabs with each meal. Lately I've been doing 2 Uni-Liver and 2 100% Beef Aminos with each meal, but when I finish out the tub of Aminos, I think I'll go back to the 4 Uni-Liver tab protocol. I can see where the Aminos would benefit a bodybuilder, but for the kettlebell lifting I do, I think I get more nutritional bang for the buck purely with the liver tabs. I'm out for increased strength and endurance via natural sources, and the Uni-Liver tabs fit that bill.

mnmvilla2002
09-29-10, 11:37 am
Good insight on that Girevik. What was the difference you see or feel while on the 2/2 split?
Also I know the real reason u are going back to only uni-liver...you are hard core ol' school..haha.

PIJW
09-29-10, 11:43 am
What this brother said and I'd add that I'm stacking them with the new 100% Beef Aminos as well. 1/2 dose of each with each meal to get an even more diverse amino spectrum in my diet.

Hg

each meal 2 uni-liver 2 beef amino gotta love getting the best of everything in the amino spectrum