PDA

View Full Version : Torrent or LAVA?

dexz101
04-17-07, 1:29 pm
Which would be a better for a PWO? They both seemed to be similar. Lava has more protein, Torrent Quad creatine.

Gambit
04-17-07, 1:33 pm
They're both really solid PWO shakes, but personally, I'm leaning more towards Torrent right now as I try to finish off my jug of LAVA so I can crack into my new Torrent just waiting for me.

There's a couple of little differences that I can't tell you (because I don't really know) but for me, it just comes down to taste.

And Torrent is very tasty!

naturalguy
04-17-07, 2:14 pm
Torrent is much more cutting edge

Freakshow
04-17-07, 2:22 pm
Torrent is much more cutting edge

Agreed...I have tried both, and they are great, but Torrent wins for me because of the different types of Leucine available, different types of creatine, and Waxy Maize starch.

G Diesel
04-17-07, 2:26 pm
Agreed...I have tried both, and they are great, but Torrent wins for me because of the different types of Leucine available, different types of creatine, and Waxy Maize starch.

No doubt... Lava is a solid, no bull formula. But Torrent is just about the best thing out there in terms of formula and taste. I'm already ripping through my second jug and loving every serving. Peace, G

Universal Rep
04-17-07, 3:40 pm
Which would be a better for a PWO? They both seemed to be similar. Lava has more protein, Torrent Quad creatine.

LAVA should have a better price point and is a solid, solid product. But Torrent is definitely more complete and more cutting edge...

The Ladysman
04-16-08, 3:38 am
What is the difference between Lava and Torrent? It seems that they basicly have the same stuff like carbs, protein, creatine etc...?

HoldFast
04-17-08, 11:47 am
They both have similar profiles but not quite the same. Here is why Torrent is better in my opinion...

#1 Cheaper
#2 Contains Leucine
#3 Creatine Blend
#4 Waxy Maize
#5 Cheaper

Enforcer
04-17-08, 11:52 am
There is a couple different ingredients in Torrent. Torrent is the new age post workout formula. It gets it done, and you will see results- i guarantee

krazyassmexican
04-17-08, 11:53 am
They both have similar profiles but not quite the same. Here is why Torrent is better in my opinion...

#1 Cheaper
#2 Contains Leucine
#3 Creatine Blend
#4 Waxy Maize
#5 Cheaper

i dont think torrent is cheaper than lava, but certainly the aminoacid profile and hydrolyzed whey together with waxi maize make them a king

HoldFast
04-17-08, 11:55 am
i dont think torrent is cheaper than lava, but certainly the aminoacid profile and hydrolyzed whey together with waxi maize make them a king
The site from which I buy breaks down to about 2.25 per serving of lava and 1.75 per serving of torrent.

simpleguy
04-17-08, 12:21 pm
lava is pretty good but torrent is the best...

JMC
04-17-08, 1:49 pm
The site from which I buy breaks down to about 2.25 per serving of lava and 1.75 per serving of torrent.

DPS Torrent is a few $ more than Lava but you're on point with the rest, Lava does have Leucine though. IMO Torrent tastes a hell of a lot better too. I would not be surprised to see Lava go away the way Torrent has taken off.

Universal Rep
04-17-08, 2:01 pm
You can find LAVA online at about $7.45/lb. For Torrent, at the same retailer, $9.14/lb.

LAVA is the better value. Torrent has the more up-to-date formula. Both work great, but IMHO, Torrent is better.

LegendKillerJosh
04-17-08, 2:46 pm
Torrent is more advanced - it has better forms of creatine, hyrdolized whey, etc.

Big Wides
04-17-08, 2:58 pm
to me Lava digests quicker so that it allows me to get some soild food in me PWO rather that waiting for the Torrent Bloat I get to die down. Torrent does have a more advanced formula than the Lava, but in the end your still getting shit in you PWO regardless of what it is to help you grow

krazyassmexican
04-17-08, 3:08 pm
to me Lava digests quicker so that it allows me to get some soild food in me PWO rather that waiting for the Torrent Bloat I get to die down. Torrent does have a more advanced formula than the Lava, but in the end your still getting shit in you PWO regardless of what it is to help you grow

i think if torrent was all waxi maize starch we wouldnt get the bloat

ralf_snake
07-19-08, 5:53 am
It might sound lame, but Torrent is more expensive for a reason.

ct italian 1
07-19-08, 9:58 am
I'm not too fond of the taste of Lava lol.
Go w/ the Torrent!

tomaselli84
08-27-08, 8:31 pm
Whats up guys im starting to put together a bulk diet for the fall and winter and wondered which product do you guys prefer. I never tried either one and wanted to know what you guys thought of the taste, results, and for how many months you would take it, any and all info is much appreciated, thanks.....

Freakshow
08-27-08, 8:51 pm
I prefer Torrent over Lava and I know Torrent is very popular around here as well so I can guess what kind of responses you will get. The concensus seems to be that both products work great but Lava is more old school and Torrent is a more up to date product. If money is not an object right now I would go with Torrent and then try Lava when you have a little less money to spare.

TheStiffmeister
08-27-08, 9:55 pm
15 servings of torrent costs just a little more than 15 servings of lava.

i prefer torrent. torrent has added leucine and waxy maize. i really love the taste of torrent personally. never tried lava though.

pmug0000
08-27-08, 10:03 pm
Not even close Torrent is a better product. Better tasting and better ingredients it's no competition.

twoheadedboy
01-10-10, 1:29 pm
I was browsing the Universal site and saw Lava. Is this new? What would you say are the key differences and targeted uses between the two? They both seem like pretty solid PWO powders.

NickW
01-10-10, 2:09 pm
I was browsing the Universal site and saw Lava. Is this new? What would you say are the key differences and targeted uses between the two? They both seem like pretty solid PWO powders.

They are both great, but I have been going with Lava recently because its a bit more cost effective.

MELTDOWN
01-10-10, 5:27 pm
I've used both and was a tester for Torrent. LAVA has been in the lineup for a while and I used it well before Torrent hit the market. I still prefer Lava as it has a bigger protein and creatine load ( protein=32 & creatine= 5.5g in LAVA versus 20g & 3g in Torrent) but Torrent has the higher carb reload (52g versus LAVA's 32G). Both are awesome and loaded with Aminos. Think of Torrent as a refined and current version of LAVA. Try a tub of each, make good notes and see for yourself.
Carry On !!!

twoheadedboy
01-10-10, 5:29 pm
Interesting. I still have half a tub of Torrent waiting for me up in my cabinet for when Team Red wraps up, but I may switch over to Lava once that's gone as it seems like it may be more of a "one stop shop" for me as I do not use another creatine supplement, and a lack of carbs has never been my dietary concern!

MELTDOWN
01-10-10, 5:39 pm
Interesting. I still have half a tub of Torrent waiting for me up in my cabinet for when Team Red wraps up, but I may switch over to Lava once that's gone as it seems like it may be more of a "one stop shop" for me as I do not use another creatine supplement, and a lack of carbs has never been my dietary concern!

Exactly. I don't freak about carb count, plus or minus. I just "feel" LAVA does better for me.

Big Wides
01-10-10, 7:05 pm
Lava has been out there for a good time and is a soild product. I often switch between the two since Torrent over bloats me sometimes where Lava tends to digest a little bit quicker.

twoheadedboy
01-10-10, 7:10 pm
I'm totally sold, because I feel the same way...when I was doing the AWO stack, that 20 oz + 3 scoops of torrent made me feel like I had liquid cement in my gut. I dropped the Shock Therapy because it seems that Pre-WO supplements just don't do much for me (tried a couple of others too)*, but I still want to incorporate the phenomenal Intra-Aid in my training...that's probably the thing I miss most during this cutting challenge.

*The best workout I ever had was after eating a plate of spaghetti about an hour before the workout. It tastes a whole lot better than Shock Therapy too, no offense to Universal.

mritter3
01-10-10, 9:19 pm
Lava has been out there for a good time and is a soild product. I often switch between the two since Torrent over bloats me sometimes where Lava tends to digest a little bit quicker.

x2...i go back and forth as well, but i have no digestive issues with lava, as sometimes i do with torrent.

Aggression
01-11-10, 8:39 am
Both are great post-workout supplements. Personally, I see Torrent as the 'newer/improved' Lava. Ya can't go wrong with either one.