PDA

View Full Version : Liver Tabs - What Are They Good For?

masters1775
01-16-07, 9:25 pm
Besides being loaded with an ass load of BCAA's, what are they good for?
I've noticed that just about all U Animals take them your meals, whats the main reason 4 taking them?

Masters
PAIN IS WEAKNESS LEAVING THE BODY

J-Dawg
01-16-07, 11:17 pm
I would call Uni-Liver, a high protein, nutrient dense amino acid formula... kinda like amino's on juice. Liver tabs are packed with the full spectrum of b-vitamins and are a great source of minerals as well. No fat or cholesterol either. I shoot for 3-4 with each meal. It's such an easy way for me to increase my protein intake without having to do an extra shake. Each tab is loaded with 1.6 grams of protein.

masters1775
01-17-07, 3:38 pm
I would call Uni-Liver, a high protein, nutrient dense amino acid formula... kinda like amino's on juice. Liver tabs are packed with the full spectrum of b-vitamins and are a great source of minerals as well. No fat or cholesterol either. I shoot for 3-4 with each meal. It's such an easy way for me to increase my protein intake without having to do an extra shake. Each tab is loaded with 1.6 grams of protein.

Cool, thanks for the info.

Masters

Freak
01-17-07, 4:25 pm
Cool, thanks for the info.

Masters

It's old school, and there's nothing fucking flashy about it, but Uni-Liver is a staple as far as I'm concerned.

Brute Force
01-17-07, 4:59 pm
Uni-Liver is a staple of my diet. 3 pills with each whole food meal gives me another 5g of protein, a shitload of aminos, a multitude of vitamins. Good thing about liver is the amount of heme iron. It's the stuff you can't overdose on.

DAC
01-17-07, 5:59 pm
what would one say would be the least someone could ingest in a day and still reap the benefits of liver tabs? it sucks to have to take this in consideration but i want to give them a shot but with things crazy in the finance dept. at present time, ....

LegendKillerJosh
08-10-07, 12:11 pm
The back of the uniliver bottle lists the typical amino acid profile per 100g of liver. So how many tablets is that? My guess is around 35 or so.

Freak
08-10-07, 12:31 pm
Yeah, dessicated liver tabs... Chances are no one's ever gonna recommend them, but brothers, it is one underrated bodybuilding supplement. Old school and effective. I'd take these over most of the fancy fucking smancy supplements on the market today.

Universal Rep
08-10-07, 12:37 pm
Yeah, dessicated liver tabs... Chances are no one's ever gonna recommend them, but brothers, it is one underrated bodybuilding supplement. Old school and effective. I'd take these over most of the fancy fucking smancy supplements on the market today.

Right on the money F. Liver tabs don't have the sizzle. They're just the steak...

Hikeon3
08-10-07, 12:58 pm
Don't forget the most bioavailable form of heme iron in any food. This stuff keeps your blood cell production healthy which not only contributes to recovery, it is just plain healthy.

what would one say would be the least someone could ingest in a day and still reap the benefits of liver tabs? it sucks to have to take this in consideration but i want to give them a shot but with things crazy in the finance dept. at present time, ....

You can snag a bottle of 500 for around 10-12 bucks on most websites.

Pop 2 with each meal. Remember that the Pak has a liver tab in it. So take one Uni-liver with your pak if you want two liver tabs with that particular meal.

And "bottle" isn't really the word for these things. More like a small tub. When you open it up, you'll see that 10-12 bucks is a steal for this much dessicated liver.

bharatoza
08-10-07, 1:03 pm
Can I use it like Nitro? As in few tabs just before lifting and a few immediately after lifting or before cardios?

Universal Rep
08-10-07, 1:06 pm
Can I use it like Nitro? As in few tabs just before lifting and a few immediately after lifting or before cardios?

Two different supplements B.

Freak
08-10-07, 1:10 pm

Both got aminos, but that's where the similarities end.

bharatoza
08-10-07, 1:26 pm

Oh! I knew they're different supps but since they both are listed as Amino Acids (universalnutrition.com), thought UniLiver could be used like Nitro besides adding it to every meal.

brandonA
08-10-07, 1:27 pm
The back of the uniliver bottle lists the typical amino acid profile per 100g of liver. So how many tablets is that? My guess is around 35 or so.

Here is the product description off the Universial website....

Uni-Liver is an exceptionally pure, natural product derived exclusively from prized grass-fed Argentinian cattle which have been raised without steroids, hormones, or pesticides. Freed of fat, water and connective tissue, Uni-Liver is quickly flash frozen to -18°C. One of the most nutritious supplements available to all bodybuilders, Uni-Liver is very high in important amino acids and rich in key vitamins and minerals, including heme iron, riboflavin, folic acid and B12. Each 30 grain tablet provides 1950mg of liver (1600mg of protein). Uni-Liver has been a classic staple of hardcore bodybuilders for over 15 years. Certified BSE-free.

Each pill has 1950mg of liver.....

-B

Universal Rep
08-10-07, 1:30 pm
Oh! I knew they're different supps but since they both are listed as Amino Acids (universalnutrition.com), thought UniLiver could be used like Nitro besides adding it to every meal.

Nitro is expensive compared to Uni-Liver. Nitro is also more of a specialized pre and/or post-workout supplement. Uni-Liver is more of the all-purpose supplement that you can use to add to every meal. Because it's cost-effective, you can also use it to add extra protein to your overall daily intake.

bharatoza
08-10-07, 1:33 pm
Nitro is expensive compared to Uni-Liver. Nitro is also more of a specialized pre and/or post-workout supplement. Uni-Liver is more of the all-purpose supplement that you can use to add to every meal. Because it's cost-effective, you can also use it to add extra protein to your overall daily intake.

Thanks for explaining that brother.

Universal Rep
08-10-07, 1:35 pm
Thanks for explaining that brother.

It's what I do B.

Remember, think of Nitro as a very specialized and targeted supplement. You use it around the nutritional window of opportunity to kickstart protein synthesis (anabolism) and help improve recovery.

live2lift
08-10-07, 2:15 pm
Liver tabs are the shit. Pop a few with every meal and I get in about 23 extra grams of some of the most highly bioavailable protein out. Plus you get all of the other goodies that come in the liver tabs. You know it reminds me of this one time I asked this big ass dude in my gym what supplements he reccomends and he said vitamins, creatine, and liver tabs. At the time I had no clue what liver tabs were, but I went to the nutrition store and found out. He was at the time the only person I ever heard mention liver tabs. They truly are old school, but they help out with so much for your body. I say take em, and take em everyday, just like the Pak. Peace.

icanrace
08-12-07, 7:07 pm
I just ordered some of these too. I can't wait to get them included in my supplement plan.............

Lionstrong
01-05-08, 1:39 pm
On the back of the container it states the typical amino acid profile and then in parenthesis says (per 100g) or something similar. Now, I measured it out and it takes 40 pills to get that 100g. So is universal saying you need 40 tabs to get that amino profile? Or is it that amino profile comes with the serving size which is 2 tabs? If thats so I'm confused on their wording of things. Check out the container and you'll see what I'm saying. Anyone know?????????

pmug0000
01-05-08, 1:42 pm
On the back of the container it states the typical amino acid profile and then in parenthesis says (per 100g) or something similar. Now, I measured it out and it takes 40 pills to get that 100g. So is universal saying you need 40 tabs to get that amino profile? Or is it that amino profile comes with the serving size which is 2 tabs? If thats so I'm confused on their wording of things. Check out the container and you'll see what I'm saying. Anyone know?????????

Dude I started a thread exactly like this in the supplements section called 'measuring amino acid content'. You should check it out, but to answer your question, yes it does take about 40 liver tabs ( I forget the exact number, I think it is 30 - something) to get the amino acid content of 100g.

norrim1
01-05-08, 1:44 pm
I knew I seen that same question somewhere...Haha

Here you go Lionstrong:

http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=13729

Lionstrong
01-05-08, 1:46 pm
thanks dude

Lionstrong
01-05-08, 1:52 pm
Yep I just read it, good thread. The final consensus after reading it and doing my own google serch is it takes 40 (according to my scale) tabs to get that amino acid profile on the container (which is 100g). So ya it's not really that great in terms of BCAA's but it's good for the nutrients. Plus I'm a believer science hasn't totally caught up with other positive aspects of taking super dense nutrients like liver tabs.

simpleguy
01-05-08, 2:45 pm
one liver tab has 1.6 g of protein

Hikeon3
01-05-08, 2:52 pm
Think about it. You can buy a 500ct jug of liver tabs for maybe 12 bucks online. That's 800 grams of protein for about 12 bucks. Tell me where else you can find that. Along with the nutrient profile, these things are butter on your bread. I take 4 with breakfast, my midday meal, and my pre-bed meal.

Lionstrong
01-05-08, 2:58 pm
The high concentration of B vitamins gives me restless leg syndrome at night. The only time I don't take them with a meal is at night. I never really took them for BCAA I take a specialty supp for that. I've used them for the nutrient dense profile specifically Heme Iron and B complex.

JPOOV0224
01-16-08, 4:06 pm
why do people take livertabs? I understand it supports your liver but what does that accomplish?

born0withno0soul
01-16-08, 4:06 pm
its not to support your liver, its packed full of aminos

ProteinJunkie
01-16-08, 4:09 pm
why do people take livertabs? I understand it supports your liver but what does that accomplish?

THIS is what is accomplishes...take a peak.

http://www.animalpak.com/html/article_details.cfm?ID=133&section=

PJ

Toni69
01-16-08, 4:11 pm
I use uni-liver like crazy...It's beef liver high in iron, enzymes, aminos and other necessary nutrients including protein. It helps you build your blood and will help boost your energy and get solid pumps. I use it to fill in gaps when I need a few more grams of protein with my meals as well.

and that's a fantastic article ^^^^^ Fantastic find!!!

Freakshow
01-16-08, 4:28 pm
Uni-Liver is a basic, no frills supplement that has more than one benefit. Extra protein and essential aminos are just the tip of the iceberg, and for the price, it's hard to not purchase Uni-Liver with every order.

ProteinJunkie
01-16-08, 4:30 pm
I use uni-liver like crazy...It's beef liver high in iron, enzymes, aminos and other necessary nutrients including protein. It helps you build your blood and will help boost your energy and get solid pumps. I use it to fill in gaps when I need a few more grams of protein with my meals as well.

and that's a fantastic article ^^^^^ Fantastic find!!!

Ya, I love that article too. What I admire most is that it's not just for those who push weight every day - it's a recommended high protein nutritional source for athletes as well. Do ya play ball, bike BMX or skate the rinks for fun too? It's great for you too. And the price...who can argue with that?

PJ

Wasteland
01-16-08, 4:30 pm
Also, check out this Uni-Liver thread: http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=553

krazyassmexican
01-16-08, 4:37 pm
it is the shit it's all i can say
i can run out of anything but pak and uniliver is someshit i gotta have

Hoffdogg
01-16-08, 4:45 pm
Definately a staple

sgtmason
01-17-08, 1:25 pm
After reading all this info on Uni-Liver, I can't believe I've been overlooking this supplement. I've already got it on the supplement list for my next order. I can't believe the price/serving ratio. Around $12 and you get 250 servings. Thats insane.

jps120
01-25-08, 9:14 am
I was wondering what the benefits of taking the liver tabs is. Not really interested in taking them, but just curious. To me it looks similar to taking a amino acids and a multi. Like i said just curious and want to see others opinions

pmug0000
01-25-08, 10:28 am
I was wondering what the benefits of taking the liver tabs is. Not really interested in taking them, but just curious. To me it looks similar to taking a amino acids and a multi. Like i said just curious and want to see others opinions

I think anyone who has take Uni-Liver will tell you recommended it for you. I think most of us who use Uni-Liver hold it right under Pak in importance as a foundational supplement, but the choice is up to for taking it or not.
As for the benefits of Uni-Liver, there are a number of threads already, but some of the highlights include: dense amino acid profile and protein content, high in heme iron, high in B vitamins (and other vitamins for that matter) and high in minerals.
There is a great article on Uni-Liver that really influenced me to try them, and since them I haven't stopped.
Sorry I can't remember the name of the article, but hopefully someone else here will and post up a link to it. You could also just search the articles in the 'packs' section of the forum and you will probably find it there.

widdlewade44
01-25-08, 10:37 am
I think anyone who has take Uni-Liver will tell you recommended it for you. I think most of us who use Uni-Liver hold it right under Pak in importance as a foundational supplement, but the choice is up to for taking it or not.
As for the benefits of Uni-Liver, there are a number of threads already, but some of the highlights include: dense amino acid profile and protein content, high in heme iron, high in B vitamins (and other vitamins for that matter) and high in minerals.
There is a great article on Uni-Liver that really influenced me to try them, and since them I haven't stopped.
Sorry I can't remember the name of the article, but hopefully someone else here will and post up a link to it. You could also just search the articles in the 'packs' section of the forum and you will probably find it there.

Wasteland's posts:

http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=553

The thread is from J-Dawg and the other link in there is from the animalpak.com site which is an article on Uni-Liver by Freak, hope this helps.

Uni-Liver is old school, kick ass and I don't go a day without 'em, peace!

Kevin
widdlewade44

Wasteland
01-25-08, 10:44 am
I think most of us who use Uni-Liver hold it right under Pak in importance as a foundational supplement

Some fine words there.

Enforcer
02-13-08, 11:15 am
Uni-Liver tabs are a high protein formula filled with plenty of aminos needed to help recovery and growth. They are also full of b-vitamins and deliver a great deal of minerals throughout the body. They may taste liek shit and smell like ass but I always make sure to have 3 of them with each of the 6 meals that I eat throughout the day. An old scholl supplement that will never die. Later, Meat.

rhane
02-13-08, 9:27 pm
I would call Uni-Liver, a high protein, nutrient dense amino acid formula... kinda like amino's on juice. Liver tabs are packed with the full spectrum of b-vitamins and are a great source of minerals as well. No fat or cholesterol either. I shoot for 3-4 with each meal. It's such an easy way for me to increase my protein intake without having to do an extra shake.

I noticed it advertised on an online store as having a high quantity of other vitamins as well but on the label it doesn't mention the quantities...can anyone tell me the levels of the other vitamins? Anyway, I noticed that one of the Animal Pak tabs looks similar to the Uni-Liver tabs - is this the tab that is included in the Pak?

N. Motta
02-18-08, 9:09 pm
never heard of 'em. assuming they are a pill to regulate the safety of your liver when your taking multiple supps?? very interested in this, and other beneficial like product because i have often wondered what the effect of my supps are on my kidney's and liver. granted i always drink at least a gallon of water to keep stuff moving well. please shed some light.

JMC
02-18-08, 9:11 pm
From the horses mouth...
"Uni-Liver is an exceptionally pure, natural product derived exclusively from prized grass-fed Argentinian cattle which have been raised without steroids, hormones, or pesticides. Freed of fat, water and connective tissue, Uni-Liver is quickly flash frozen to -18°C. One of the most nutritious supplements available to all bodybuilders, Uni-Liver is very high in important amino acids and rich in key vitamins and minerals, including heme iron, riboflavin, folic acid and B12. Each 30 grain tablet provides 1950mg of liver (1600mg of protein). Uni-Liver has been a classic staple of hardcore bodybuilders for over 15 years. Certified BSE-free."

Not really what you were thinking of I think.

JMC
02-18-08, 9:12 pm
http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=583&highlight=uni+liver

Read this too.

widdlewade44
02-18-08, 9:18 pm
This is a great Uni-Liver thread too:

http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=553

Uni-Liver, liver tabs, are old school and offer a diverse amino acid profile to supplement your protein sources. They are great, inexpensive and should be a staple in one's supplement arsenal. Hope this helps, peace.

Kevin
widdlewade44

arab910
03-03-08, 9:19 pm
maybe im missing something, but i don't see how they're really loaded with protein... i mean yes, it is whey, which efficiency-wise is the best, but 3.2 grams is relatively insufficient

mdh84
03-03-08, 9:56 pm
maybe im missing something, but i don't see how they're really loaded with protein... i mean yes, it is whey, which efficiency-wise is the best, but 3.2 grams is relatively insufficient

3.2 grams per 2 tab serving which is 1.6 grams a tab. If you take 2-3 pills with each meal and you eat 5-6 meals a day, that's an easy 16-25ish grams of extra protien. Adds up nicely

arab910
03-04-08, 7:15 pm
ya i can see that.

GJN5002
03-04-08, 7:25 pm
ive recently started cutting uni-liver down because of the massive amount of B12 in it. If i take 8 pills a day + pak = 3300% of your daily value + food im eating.

BigLansford
03-07-08, 12:46 am
Have any of you brothers heard about this?

I just found out my white blood cell count is off the charts, but I feel fine.

The only think I can attribute it to would be my taking 9 - 12 Uni-Liver tabs a day.

Any thoughts?

born0withno0soul
03-07-08, 12:49 am
i take uniliver for the iron.

J-Dawg
04-07-08, 11:22 am

The only think I can attribute it to would be my taking 9 - 12 Uni-Liver tabs a day.

Any thoughts?

Hey bro, haven't heard that before. Did the doctor mention anything about iron and WBC counts?

mritter3
04-07-08, 11:27 am
i have always wondered what liver tabs were and now that i know i am definitley going to incorporate them into my supp. routine.

pmug0000
04-07-08, 11:28 am

Any thoughts?

I doubt it is due to the liver tabs. I take more than 2x you per day and as far as I know have a normal blood cell count.

BiG in NYC 823
04-08-08, 12:37 pm
As i have been reading many of the benefits & information on Liver Tabs, it has now sparked my interest.

Maybe Animal's out there can assist me in my query.
I will be taking M-Stak within 2 weeks and along with that, i want/hope to gain an additional 10lbs (at least 5-8 lbs) of lean mass, before i start my "cut."
i know along w/ supplementing w/ M-Stak, i should be having/taking a diet high of protein to further my gains/process.
So i was wondering will Liver Tabs give an extra boost that will help?

Roland
04-08-08, 1:01 pm
As i have been reading many of the benefits & information on Liver Tabs, it has now sparked my interest.

Maybe Animal's out there can assist me in my query.
I will be taking M-Stak within 2 weeks and along with that, i want/hope to gain an additional 10lbs (at least 5-8 lbs) of lean mass, before i start my "cut."
i know along w/ supplementing w/ M-Stak, i should be having/taking a diet high of protein to further my gains/process.
So i was wondering will Liver Tabs give an extra boost that will help?

yes. extra aminos and protein.

rhane
04-08-08, 1:41 pm
- making a clacking noise in your stomach as they drop from the esophagus and hit their liver tab friends.

Polish Prince
04-08-08, 1:56 pm
liver tabs rock!

BiG in NYC 823
04-08-08, 2:20 pm
yes. extra aminos and protein.

Thanks bro!

Hoomgar
04-23-08, 2:49 pm
I lived in a cave for way too long. I added these to my diet several weeks to a few months ago and am on my second 500 ct tub. I can for sure feel that I am not as tired as I was prior to this. I don't think it is so much just because of how great the nutrition profile in them is (even though it is) as much as how I take them. I find they go down well with meals and also on an empty stomach. And why not? they are just food! So instead of taking 3 or 4 3 times a day with meals I take 2 at a time about every 2 hours with or without meals. This constant trickle of nutrients into my system I believe is a big contributor to the gains I have made recently.

One thing is for sure... Uni-Liver tabs have moved into the same arena as the Pak for me now. Every day, no way I want to go without them!

Joff the Beast
04-25-08, 3:56 pm
Bought up a tub cuz I saw one at the supps store and Im now addicted to it. As far as Im concerned its a staple in my diet from now on.

BigAnt
04-25-08, 3:59 pm
Besides being loaded with an ass load of BCAA's, what are they good for?
I've noticed that just about all U Animals take them your meals, whats the main reason 4 taking them?

Masters

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://universalnutrition.com/

Are You Positive?

PrometheusCon
04-25-08, 4:53 pm
I've bought my first 250 count jug and boy oh boy they smell like vicotry. I love the added nutritional value they pack with low cost!

Universal Rep
04-28-08, 4:46 pm
There aren't many promos with Uni-Liver, but this is one: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=107492601

Check it out fellas.

Hoomgar
04-29-08, 9:57 am
There aren't many promos with Uni-Liver, but this is one: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=107492601

Check it out fellas.

Sweet! Great idea U-Rep, people need to know about the benefits of the Uni-Liver tabs!

Universal Rep
04-29-08, 10:03 am
Sweet! Great idea U-Rep, people need to know about the benefits of the Uni-Liver tabs!

Yup. But not too many... Don't want a shorrtage on Uni-Liver like we're having with Animal Omega, eh?

dannynb
04-29-08, 10:09 am
Yup. But not too many... Don't want a shorrtage on Uni-Liver like we're having with Animal Omega, eh?

That's not funny!!! I wouldn't know what to do without my Uni-Liver.....

deanna7272
04-29-08, 10:29 am

Check it out fellas.

I just went and posted a reply... AFTER posting it I scrolled up and saw a dude from my gym... I read his post and it's ALMOST word for word what I wrote... How creepy is that???? I had to apologize, but my thoughts MIRRORED his.... AHHHHHHHHH....

Bambam92 was telling me about Uni-liver and I am adding it to my supps when I get back to the gym (taking my week off to rest up... It's killin' me)... he he he

dannynb
04-29-08, 11:55 am
Bambam92 was telling me about Uni-liver and I am adding it to my supps when I get back to the gym

You'll def like it...

Mr. Dead
04-29-08, 11:58 am

True... (Hmmm... Should I start hoarding...? *L*)

Hoomgar
04-29-08, 12:20 pm

That's not funny!!! I wouldn't know what to do without my Uni-Liver.....

True... (Hmmm... Should I start hoarding...? *L*)

Wait... what? Should I make a bulk order quick? LOL!

Mr. Dead
04-29-08, 12:23 pm
I buy 'em by the 500 tab jars... Hmmm.... Maybe 1000 tab jugs might be in order...?

Hoomgar
04-29-08, 12:35 pm
I buy 'em by the 500 tab jars... Hmmm.... Maybe 1000 tab jugs might be in order...?

Start a poll :D

dannynb
04-29-08, 12:35 pm

Hey....I like the sound of that...I second the motion.

Hoomgar
04-29-08, 12:38 pm

Start a poll :D

Hey....I like the sound of that...I second the motion.

See ;) LOL!

Tork
05-15-08, 2:56 pm
so after researching all this info on Uni-liver yesterday, I bought me a 500 tab tub. I am going to now make it a staple in my diet. Thanks so much guys. I learned alot.

simpleguy
05-15-08, 3:28 pm
btw, who here loves how they smell? no really, I'm not kidding, I like that smell

DreamZero
05-15-08, 3:39 pm
btw, who here loves how they smell? no really, I'm not kidding, I like that smell

The first time I opened a liver tub, it smelled really funny.. almost in a bad way.. now I'm freakin drolling when I smell that.. Pavlov effect ftw.

atrain11b
05-15-08, 3:50 pm
Ok I know I am going to take an ass chewin for this, but, Is Uni-Liver that important? As in do you honestly feel it SHOULD be a staple in your diet?

Cost is good, don't get me wrong, yet if your protein intake is high, with multiple sources of protein IE: eggs, chicken, fish, and beef, is there a reason to supplement?

I know some of the biggest guys out there, some I kinda idolize, take these, but just because they do is not a reason for me. Instead as of now, the research I have done has basically sold me on these.

I am really considering buying these, have researched left and right, and this is my last few questions before the purchase.

simpleguy
05-16-08, 12:24 am
Ok I know I am going to take an ass chewin for this, but, Is Uni-Liver that important? As in do you honestly feel it SHOULD be a staple in your diet?

Cost is good, don't get me wrong, yet if your protein intake is high, with multiple sources of protein IE: eggs, chicken, fish, and beef, is there a reason to supplement?

I know some of the biggest guys out there, some I kinda idolize, take these, but just because they do is not a reason for me. Instead as of now, the research I have done has basically sold me on these.

I am really considering buying these, have researched left and right, and this is my last few questions before the purchase.

well, aminos are always worth it bro... the thing with uniliver is that it's really cheap

but we here don't like false advertising, so no, it won't be anything spectacular like 10lb on your bench or 4lb of lean muscle in a week... it's just some extra quality protein and vitamins for your meals

Hoomgar
05-16-08, 1:37 pm

You are not alone. I wouldn't have said anything myself but since you brought it up. I always take a good wiff inside the opening of the tub when I open it LOL!

well, aminos are always worth it bro... the thing with uniliver is that it's really cheap

but we here don't like false advertising, so no, it won't be anything spectacular like 10lb on your bench or 4lb of lean muscle in a week... it's just some extra quality protein and vitamins for your meals

Which over time, will yield more results. Just like going to work everyday. You don't get paid for the whole year in the first month. You get paid a little of your yearly income each week, week in and week out. By the end of the year you have earned your full gross. Uni-Liver is sort of like that from a body building/nutritional stand point.

simpleguy
05-16-08, 2:03 pm
Which over time, will yield more results. Just like going to work everyday. You don't get paid for the whole year in the first month. You get paid a little of your yearly income each week, week in and week out. By the end of the year you have earned your full gross. Uni-Liver is sort of like that from a body building/nutritional stand point.

great comparison

BiG in NYC 823
06-04-08, 9:44 am

DEF great comparison!

And who knows, by the end of the year, you may earn a bonus, and in terms of BB'ing, that could mean gains of lean mass or pushing more weight...

J-Dawg
06-04-08, 10:01 am

Look at Hoomgar rolling out the analogies!

joe-yamma
06-04-08, 10:12 am
here's some info that I posted about Uni-Liver in another thread:

Uni-Liver are cheap and effective.
also, they have a lot more going on than just aminos and b vitamins.
i've noticed the effects from using them for an extended period of time.

here's an excerpt from an article:

So what's so good about liver? For starters, many have called liver the most perfect food. It's rich in amino acids, vitamins, minerals, nucleic acids, lipotropics, antioxidants, cytochrome P450 (an enzyme involved in steroid production and detoxification), and other important nutrients. Liver has been used by bodybuilders and powerlifters for decades to increase strength, enhance appetites, reduce recovery times and fatigue, support liver function, and detoxify the body. It's also an effective blood builder. Liver helps increase red blood cell count. Plus, it's one of the best sources of heme iron.

Desiccated liver contain heme iron, one of the most bioavailable forms around. Synthetic or elemental iron can lead to overdosing. Overdosing is far less likely with natural iron. With non-heme iron, you might expect an absorption rate of 1-3%. With heme iron, you could expect 35% absorption or more. Liver tabs can also exert "hematinic activity" � the ability of a substance to improve the quality of the blood, including the hemoglobin level and the number of erythrocytes. That's why liver has been called a "blood builder".

All this is important because blood is what delivers oxygen and nutrients to your working muscles. If you got a problem with iron and blood, it can all lead to to fatigue, decreased energy levels, and reduced physical performance. Studies have clearly shown that even slight iron-deficiency can lead to a reduced work capacity.

Liver also contains nucleic acids. For years, people thought the body could make enough nucleic acids via de novo nucleotide synthetic pathways. Under certain circumstances, this ain't the case. There are times when the body needs more: when the body is undergoing rapid growth, limited food supply, and metabolic stress.
some good stuff here too:
http://www.ironaddicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5767

also of note, while diet and quality food intake are of the utmost importance,
it would be difficult, if not impossible, to take in the amount of liver necessary to give you the benefits of Uni-Liver.

Universal Rep
06-04-08, 10:14 am
The first time I opened a liver tub, it smelled really funny.. almost in a bad way.. now I'm freakin drolling when I smell that.. Pavlov effect ftw.

I had the same reaction with Animal Pak, way back when... You're only a Pak Virgin once....

Hoomgar
06-04-08, 2:23 pm
DEF great comparison!

And who knows, by the end of the year, you may earn a bonus, and in terms of BB'ing, that could mean gains of lean mass or pushing more weight...

It deff works! Since I posted that I have made more gains. I have noticed an increase in the rate of my gains since I've been using these every day now. I take some almost every 1.5 to 2.5 hours with or without food. I've gone through 3 500ct tubs and 1 250ct tub (that I won) is almost smashed and I'm ordering more. I eat them like candy all day long and it is indeed paying off. That constant trickle of nutrients going through my body has yielded better gains and recovery. I recommend these bad boys right up there with the Pak now.

Look at Hoomgar rolling out the analogies!

You bet J, you know I represent to the fullest! I mean what I say too (at least when I'm being serious ;) ).

I had the same reaction with Animal Pak, way back when... You're only a Pak Virgin once....

It was strong at first but just smelled like nutrition to me. Now it smells like food! I love the smell of the Pak. I wiff the can every time I open it without fail.

Same with the Uni's...

Hg

adidas
07-31-08, 4:41 pm
I think my biggest gripe with Liver tabs (most on the market, not just Uni-Liver) is the fact that the fat has been stripped out of it, and subsiquently the AA that the fat has in it. nothing beats knowing when you eat 4oz of Calf Beef Liver your scarfing down 158mg of 20:4 Arachidonic acid fatty acids as well!

bunda
09-12-08, 5:23 pm

BAHA!! soo true, i just got my buddy started on pak and watching his reaction when he opened it was priceless..

awesome thread, great info. orderin me some uni-liver with my next online orderrrr!

v8ftmfw
10-08-08, 11:16 pm
tell me if im over dose or take it wrong way. I ate 6 time aday, and each meal I take 3 tabs, so basicly I take 18 tabs aday, is that over dose ? can I take it with my last meal before bed time ? thanks

Pizzalamp
10-08-08, 11:31 pm
tell me if im over dose or take it wrong way. I ate 6 time aday, and each meal I take 3 tabs, so basicly I take 18 tabs aday, is that over dose ? can I take it with my last meal before bed time ? thanks

youre fine i take 4 w/ each meal and have been doing so for the past 5 years

v8ftmfw
10-08-08, 11:51 pm
youre fine i take 4 w/ each meal and have been doing so for the past 5 years

thank you bud

ralf_snake
12-18-08, 8:39 am
Uni-Liver is great, i eat about (well i try to eat about) every hour, and when ive taken my pak and omega i swallow 6 of em with all my meals. 6xtabs is little more than 10g of protein and that with every meal will definitely make you see gains.

fernandob
01-01-09, 6:41 pm
hey guy's best place to find uniliver www.prosourse.net $7.50 for the 250 count size bottle, pop 12 a day your looking at maybe 3 week supply of aminos for under 8 bucks, i not preaching buy universal makes the only stuff that works, you could buy something for the fancy packaging or the pro who's getting paid a fortune to tell you he takes it, or just use animal/universal prod and your done. no nonsense

Universal Rep
02-04-09, 2:49 pm
At $7-8 for a bottle, why wouldn't everyone at least consider tryin' Uni-Liver?

Little Z
02-04-09, 2:59 pm
At $7-8 for a bottle, why wouldn't everyone at least consider tryin' Uni-Liver?

x2..

Universal Rep
02-04-09, 3:00 pm
x2..

Yup.

Next time ya shop, when you're pickin' up Pak or Torrent or whatever, drop in a 250ct Uni-Liver and tell me ya don't feel better when the bottle is empty....

Freak
02-10-09, 12:18 pm
Liver tabs. It was good then, it is good now.

J-Dawg
04-09-09, 11:38 am
Liver tabs. It was good then, it is good now.

They never go out of style. You can never go wrong with dessicated liver tabs...

Mr. Dead
04-09-09, 11:40 am
They never go out of style. You can never go wrong with dessicated liver tabs...

Too true...

mdh84
04-10-09, 9:14 pm

It was nasty to me at first. Now it kind of smells like chocolate. I love it.

Coltman
04-21-09, 1:49 pm
I've taken them for years along with a mass amino tab. I also donate blood regularly. The blood center says my blood is so much better than average, I get asked to donate every 56 days on the date! So the liver and aminos must really help.

t_mh
06-15-09, 6:22 pm

But doesn't uniliver have just as many or more aminos? Is there a reason it couldn't be used like nitro?

Wasteland
07-29-09, 8:33 am
But doesn't uniliver have just as many or more aminos? Is there a reason it couldn't be used like nitro?

When talking amino acids, it's not just quantity of aminos, but quality, form, and ratios that could make a difference. So determining what amino acid supplement you use would be based on what your goals are specifically.