PDA

View Full Version : Body hair removal

projekt.lp
01-16-07, 11:14 pm
What are some of the products and methods used by any of you to remove unwanted body hair?

BradPDX
01-16-07, 11:35 pm
Have tried many things - lotions, shaving, clipping but for me the quickest and easiest is Nair for Men. Is quick, no problems on my skin and lasts for awhile.

Jon
01-17-07, 12:04 am
I use hair no more..the 3 bottle kit... and after like..4 month of use, 30-40% of my hair stopped growing..bought it on bodybuilding.com

man in black
01-17-07, 12:09 am
I just shave. Gillette Fusion.

BLOWNBY
01-23-07, 11:53 am
I too tried the Hair no more.....wasn't to impressed w/ the remover cream (used on chest only), but the inhibitors gel/spray seemed to work pretty good!

Wwhat does everyone prefer for arm hair??

RedIron 392
01-23-07, 12:03 pm
I was about to order some Hair No More, but I think I'll wait and see if we get more posts. I hate shaving my chest every day.

Later

BLOWNBY
01-23-07, 12:11 pm
I hate shaving my chest every day.

Later

Me too...but that is what I do now. The hair remover with the hair no more kit just burned me up and left most of the hair still. Plus I have very little chest hair to begin with.....Luckily!

wolfpack_scooba
01-23-07, 3:15 pm
bump!!!

i am very interested in this ?; i have quite a bit of body hair and it is hard to get to and i dont like wasint much time on it ; so more sugestions please

Bam Bam
01-23-07, 4:06 pm
i jus use a razor for mai forarms, underarms, and legs. The only problem i have come across is razor bumps when i use it on mai upper arms. Anyone else come across this and how can i prevent it?

beefhungrybear
01-23-07, 4:35 pm
no shave here save for my face; men are hairy, women are hairless; just my opinion

Liftbig21
01-23-07, 4:54 pm
no shave here save for my face; men are hairy, women are hairless; just my opinion

hey man to each is own...but if you wanna see more lines and definition then ya gotta shave its part of the whole game same with tanning

Easy E
01-23-07, 4:57 pm
Have tried many things - lotions, shaving, clipping but for me the quickest and easiest is Nair for Men. Is quick, no problems on my skin and lasts for awhile.

That Nair for Men worked good? Is that the shit you just rub on and wait a little while before wiping off again?

Hollywood
01-23-07, 5:02 pm
That Nair for Men worked good? Is that the shit you just rub on and wait a little while before wiping off again?

Yeah thats what I use, quick and easy. Dont leave it on too long though you could get burns.

benmatthews90
01-23-07, 5:46 pm
this is without a doubt the most 'animal' thread about
shave

Jester
01-23-07, 6:16 pm

Boy do I have a story for that shit.. I used that this summer thinking it would work and because its so potent it will immediately start to burn the hairs off the only problem is even IF you follow the instructions it still leaves your chest red as crap when your done. The first time I used it, I forgot to take a shower afterwards and that stuff smells like a freakin perm. Well I had went to the gym as usual worked out and when I came back jumped in the shower. Well from being on my skin that long is burned my skin and when my freakin nipples touch that hot water.. that was all she road.. I was yelpin.. lol

As far as the product goes I think that shit sucks.. some people can use it but it definately did not work for me..

ironmudd
01-23-07, 6:24 pm
I can't use that nair crap either. it burns me if i leave it on too long and still doesn't get all the hair off. I usually shave with a Mach 3, but my wife bought me the Norelco Men's Bodygroom for Christmas and I use that now. I like it, but not quite as smooth as the Mach 3.

Clydesdale
01-23-07, 9:14 pm
Seriously waxing is the best thing. It hurts a little bit, but tell me you can't take a little pain. Nads, works pretty well, and the wxing strips are reusable, no need to buy more, and it warms with body heat. Also go to womens isle in the store and buy the kind that has roll on gel thing, and paper strips. Hair comes all off. Make sure if you do shave or whatever to have hair that is long enough to wax otherwise it may not have enough to stick to.
I have waxed bikini line area, armpits, legs, and arms. Takes a while to come back as well. If you are going to do it for a BB show, do it about a week or so before so that your skin isn't pink or tender.

BigAnt
01-23-07, 10:23 pm
off-season use clippers, pre contest razor it off in the shower, you got to keep at it, like every 4th-5th day..much easier that way!

BLOWNBY
01-24-07, 10:29 am
Thise that have waxed......any issues really other than some slight pain?

Clydesdale
01-24-07, 8:06 pm

yes, like I said, if waxing before show, do it about a week, 3-5 days atleast before the show, your skin will be pinkish for a while couple hours to one day depending on area. But, more importantly your skin will be sensitive, so if you oil up and all that before the show you don't want to have to put it on skin that was just waxed. My legs took about 2 weeks to get any hair back at all, and about 4 months before hair on legs looked like it did before I waxed.

speedster00
01-24-07, 10:57 pm
I'm to dang hairy. I shaved a few times. Got tired of keeping up with it. Now I just trim to keep it short about once a month

pdiesel
01-25-07, 1:11 am
i use nair on my chest and abs..i wipe it off then run a razor over it..the rest of my body i trim down..i dont touch my arms or back..

COLE
01-25-07, 2:44 pm
I just use the ol' razor. Tried the nair for men and I had to apply a second coat after leaving the first coat on longer than the recommended. So it ended up taking twice as long for me. Ill stick to shaving with the razor.

BradPDX
01-28-07, 1:53 pm

yeah for me the Nair still is quickest and longest lasting. Hate the smell but can apply myself, and in 12 mins or so and then a shower (need a good rubbing rag), its over and done with. And I can usually go for 4-5 weeks between applications. But yeah each person needs to be careful about timing and be conservative at first or you can get burned. I have noticed two types and one is labled extra strength and normally comes in a roll on bottle. That stuff is nasty and tends to burn quickly for me. But the normal strength is effective and doesn't irritate my skin. I also use some good moisturizing lotion for a couple days after. Bottom line for me is that it is quick, works for me and lasts a few weeks.

Alivewhenimdead
01-28-07, 11:02 pm
men dont shave

RedIron 392
01-29-07, 10:44 am
men dont shave

This thread is about hair removal,not weather men shave or not. Lets keep it on the topic.

Later

CanadianJMG
01-29-07, 11:25 am
I have been saving for 8.5 years. During that time I tried tons of products like Nair and Hair No More and I think they all suck. It's all hype and a waste of money. I have to admit after 8.5 years though I started getting sick of the time commitment to shaving my entire body. I decided to go to waxing about 2 months ago and it rocks. Like it was said it hurt a wee bit and you are a little irritated for a day but it lasts for a long time. Oh ya, and I don't mean the do-it-yourself waxing either, tried that a while ago and couldn't put myself through that. Get it done by people who know what they are doing. It is a lot faster and they have tons of practice. Hope this helps!!

RedIron 392
01-29-07, 11:36 am
I have been saving for 8.5 years. During that time I tried tons of products like Nair and Hair No More and I think they all suck. It's all hype and a waste of money. I have to admit after 8.5 years though I started getting sick of the time commitment to shaving my entire body. I decided to go to waxing about 2 months ago and it rocks. Like it was said it hurt a wee bit and you are a little irritated for a day but it lasts for a long time. Oh ya, and I don't mean the do-it-yourself waxing either, tried that a while ago and couldn't put myself through that. Get it done by people who know what they are doing. It is a lot faster and they have tons of practice. Hope this helps!!

How long before you have to get waxed again? My chest rug grows as fast as my beard.

Later

Clydesdale
01-29-07, 5:37 pm
How long before you have to get waxed again? My chest rug grows as fast as my beard.

Later

My stuff lasts for a good 3 months before I have to wax again, legs maybe 2 months, but it is way better than shaving for me, no ingrown hairs or ugly red bumps. If your stuff grows real fast the more you do it the longer it lasts, so that one small up side.

Mr.Hardcore98
01-29-07, 5:51 pm
i cant shave i break out and ive used the nair seemed to work good red after but not bad

CanadianJMG
01-29-07, 9:41 pm
[QUOTE=RedIron 392;16559]How long before you have to get waxed again? My chest rug grows as fast as my beard.

I go every 3 weeks just cuz I like to stay on top of it, but I definatly don't HAVE to. The hair grows in so much slower and so much thinner. You could probably go every 1.5-2 months. I'm not going to lie the chest is probably one of the most painful areas but it's way better then having to shave all the time. Cheers.

conan75
02-09-07, 3:42 am
i make a date with 2 bottles of nair once a month and it works great....only problem i ever had was over the summer i had a heat rash on my ass and the nair ate all the skin off my right ass cheek and was in major pain for a week but that has been it in 8 years....

Toni69
02-09-07, 4:02 am
http://www.sallyhansen.com/bd/hr_wax_strip_body.cfm

She also makes a sugar wax kit, if you want to do this at home, and its cheaper than professional. You can't beat professional waxing though and it hurts either way you look at it. Believe me, its no bowl of joy for us women either. Have fun with that! ;)

Toni69
02-09-07, 4:03 am
i cant shave i break out and ive used the nair seemed to work good red after but not bad

Use cortizone cream if that happens.

never_2_big
02-09-07, 4:44 am

just a little bit of redness but the chick who did mine rubbed some kinda oil into it and it went away real fast.
u gotta make sure you dont sweat too much either coz little lumps can show up as well.
waxing is great, i dont think ill go back to shaving

wolfpack_scooba
02-09-07, 12:22 pm
Ok guys, i know we already had a thread on this but i just wanted to share some info with you! Awhile back everyone gave different ways for body hair removal; i have tried almost all of them. And to each there own, but i found that:
nair workes pretty good (on some people) but it tends to burn;
shaving also works good,but it takes forever and you tend to get razor bumps
afterwards;
waxing last for a long time but it is very painfull and alittle pricey
IMO

recently my friend told me that he uses the "SHICK INTUITION"; (yes, i know it is a girls razor) so i went out and got it and just used it. I will have to say it is by FAR the BEST thing i have tried. It is so easy to use; all you do is use it while you are taking a shower; it has that special lather ring right on it, and it glides very smoothly. QUICK and EASY!!!!!!!

well i hope this helps some of you, i would definately recommend you try it out at least once (you will be very impresse3d)

trustcompany107
02-09-07, 5:25 pm
tried shaving my arms and chest the other day with a razor. i went against the grain on my arms got a few razor bumps, but not many.

i went with the grain on my chest/stomach and got even worse bumps. not sure what to do, i see the above poster used the intuition, maybe i should give that a try.

any other solutions. i saw cortizone is an option. does that work in preventing razor bumps??

wolfpack_scooba
02-09-07, 5:30 pm
tried shaving my arms and chest the other day with a razor. i went against the grain on my arms got a few razor bumps, but not many.

i went with the grain on my chest/stomach and got even worse bumps. not sure what to do, i see the above poster used the intuition, maybe i should give that a try.

any other solutions. i saw cortizone is an option. does that work in preventing razor bumps??

hey, that was my problem too; but the "intuition" definately made it easier. i would give it a try and see what you thing.

i can not express how impressed i was with it!!!!!!!!

stumblin54
02-09-07, 5:36 pm
How much did the Intuition set you back? And bro, who cares if it's meant for females. When people make fun of me or ask, "Why the hell do you shave? Isn't that a little fuckin' girly of you?" I laugh at them and respond, "Man, if you had these legs you'd be shavin' too."

trustcompany107
02-09-07, 5:40 pm
hey, that was my problem too; but the "intuition" definately made it easier. i would give it a try and see what you thing.

i can not express how impressed i was with it!!!!!!!!

hey bro, so you didn't get any irritation or bumps? how close of a shave is it. i can't imagine it is very close because there is a fine line between how close the razor is on your skin and how close the shave is.

i'll go pick one up in the next couple days. how long do they last/cost?

wolfpack_scooba
02-09-07, 5:43 pm
How much did the Intuition set you back? And bro, who cares if it's meant for females. When people make fun of me or ask, "Why the hell do you shave? Isn't that a little fuckin' girly of you?" I laugh at them and respond, "Man, if you had these legs you'd be shavin' too."

i got the Intuition for like $7 and it comes with 2blades.(pretty good deal)
btw, i love your response to the shaving; it doesnt bother me either.

JUGGERNAUT
02-09-07, 6:32 pm
A chainsaw and it doesn't grow back

wolfpack_scooba
02-09-07, 6:45 pm
A chainsaw and it doesn't grow back

what type of chainsaw do u use?

lol!!!!!!!

trustcompany107
02-09-07, 7:42 pm
i looked into cortisone to prevent razor bumps but read that it's not very healthy to use often. are there any alternatives that can be used daily to prevent irritation?

RedIron 392
02-09-07, 7:53 pm
Don't laugh,I use Anti Monkey Butt powder.

Later

Hatred
02-09-07, 9:49 pm
You're shittin me. I'd buy it cause of the name.

Hatred
02-09-07, 9:51 pm
men dont shave

Don't know if you noticed but you are in a BODYBUILDING specific forum.
Don't really need unnecessary comments here.

waugie14
02-10-07, 8:26 pm
Has anyone ever used this, thinking about ordering it.

Nephilim
02-10-07, 8:44 pm
i recently purchased a Norelco shaver for body hair you can use in the shower. Works great you can use it ANYWHERE on your body and alot quick than shaving.

RedIron 392
02-10-07, 10:05 pm
There is a thread on this in the Training section,The Stage.

Later

waugie14
02-10-07, 11:12 pm
thanks

trustcompany107
02-11-07, 2:23 am
hey guys, i just picked up the intuition. not too bad, we'll see if i get any bumps tomorrow. it's super easy to do, thats for damn sure.

eblnyc
02-11-07, 9:14 am
go get a full body wax the first time hurts like hell but your baby smooth! after a while the hair will grow thinner and finer! the more you shave the thicker the hair gets! you will be shaving every day! that sucks!

wolfpack_scooba
02-11-07, 11:29 am
ok; it has been a few days now and i have to say that i am very suprised, i didn't get any razor bumps. usually i get them on my upper chest whenever i shave but, i didnt get a single one this time.

I am completely sold on the Schick Intuition!!!!
(quick, easy, cheap, great results, not bumps)

Fletch
02-11-07, 12:56 pm
what about laser hair removal guys? Anyone have any run ins with this? Im thinkin about gettin it as a grad project, I'm sick of hair....

I have a badger in my pants

Nephilim
02-11-07, 12:57 pm
i would honestly consider it on some places if it wasn't so expensive

Fletch
02-11-07, 12:59 pm
See I could get it as a grad present if I wanted....

how much do you think it will run?

Tom
02-13-07, 7:28 pm
I bought a NADS kit on ebay and I got a screamn' deal but best of all it came with their official NADS cream for when you're done and that shit works! It eased the pain and by day 2 you couldn't even tell I had waxed, no red bumps or scabs. I don't wax often and usually wait too long.

I also got a video with my kit that had some real helpful tips on proper application and how to remove the strips which made a huge difference. It hurt far less than pre-video watching.

"Badger in my pants!" I about pissed myself when I read that, too funny, can't wait for the wife to get home so I can tell her....hell I might call her first! Thanks Fletch!

And to the Watchmen, good looking out, you guys are really working hard here and I can't tell you I appreciate it enough!

IronLeague
02-14-07, 1:33 am
I'm with big ANT.. I use clippers in the offseason, no need to be smooth. You still have the appearance of having no hair and can see lines/vascularity.. I also have light hair though so it's easy for me. I never clipper my pits, you can't even see the hair..I'm blessed.

Respect,
IronLeague

Hatred
02-14-07, 8:15 pm
Gentlemen. If some of you live relatively close to each other (or it's worth the trip) some Laser clinics will do group discounts.

BLOWNBY
02-19-07, 12:04 pm
Alright I think I am going to give waxing a try for chest & Arms? Sick of the every few day routine and willing to suck up alittle pain for long term results!

Those that have waxed, what brand or kit did you like or prefer?
Also should I follow the waxing up with anything or cream or what?

Thanks

Genetic Freak
03-05-07, 11:30 pm
Im not tryin to sound stupid..but im 17 and i decided to start shaving. I dont have a BB competition coming up till August, but i think less hair makes you look better..The thing is, i Shave with a razor, by myself because i dotn want my parents to know about it. I usually shave myself, but its hard to get under and behind the calves and thighs. I tent o cut myself pretty bad..with my age and what not, what should i use or do..thanx

Ricky P
03-05-07, 11:51 pm
Since you don't have a show until August, just take an electric razor, flip up the back and trim. Trimming works just as well, especially at your age, if your hair isn't too thick, it'll be just as effective as shaving. Come contest time, you should try some Nair for Men on those spots that you're having trouble getting to and you should be fine. Good luck brother.

Genetic Freak
03-06-07, 12:08 am
what about your private parts?

spanish.iron
03-06-07, 1:07 am
you guys should check out the philips body groom. It's an electric razor but for the whole body. I don't know anyone who uses one but the website is kinda entertaining. I hope it's not a big deal for me to post a link since it's a useful product for this purpose. But uh... here it goes

www.shaveeverywhere.com

To the mods: if this link is an issue I'm very sorry. Please delete it.

BLOWNBY
03-06-07, 10:34 am
Im not tryin to sound stupid..but im 17 and i decided to start shaving. I dont have a BB competition coming up till August, but i think less hair makes you look better..The thing is, i Shave with a razor, by myself because i dotn want my parents to know about it. I usually shave myself, but its hard to get under and behind the calves and thighs. I tent o cut myself pretty bad..with my age and what not, what should i use or do..thanx

Whatever you use, I suggest trying a few months prior to your show or the summer.

NAIR can burn if you don't do it right, and takes a week or two to heal.
Waxing can rip skin layers off as well if left on too long.

So either way get comfortable and used to it before your show.

ryanlemley1
03-06-07, 11:45 am
me...i prefer the good ol wife's venus razor and some skintimate shave gel for sensitive skin....gay i know...but it works.

Giant Killer
03-06-07, 12:48 pm
Whats good for me is my little beard and moustache trimmer, like a mini clipper. The big clippers really don't get down to the smoothness.

Is there any way to stop the hardcore itching when it's coming back in? I just deal with it, so I don't need someone to say "just deal with it", because I'll keep doing that anyway, but if theres a good way let me know?

BLOWNBY
03-07-07, 4:28 pm
Curious........

ANYONE ever use an Epilator??

ryanlemley1
03-07-07, 4:40 pm
to be honest here...i used nivea aftershave or body lotion for sensitive skin

BLOWNBY
03-13-07, 10:51 am
Just an update for anyone who cares.........

SOOOOOO... I went an ordered an epilator to see what the heck, are these good or scams? Plus for the cost one can't really go wrong.....Can you?

Well it came yesterday and I gave it a try on the chest. Needless to say I was impressed. Very little pain, took maybe 30 minutes to fully do and had great results. Very little irratation, reddness or bumps and what there was was gone within a few hours at most.

Compared to waxing it is much cleaner, faster, and less painful. Now we will see how the results are. ie long term.

I also followed up with an ingrown hair eliminator/reducer lotion afterwords.

Next I will give the arms a try.

Rooster
03-13-07, 12:24 pm
I use a cream called Veet. Its a chick thing and my wife helps me by getting my back. I can get my chest but I leave the rest. No contest body here. I just don't like the back hair. This stuff works and they have a sensitive skin formula.

LegDay_UKIGS
04-01-07, 1:26 am
I too have the norelco body groom. Use it in the shower... I have used just a razor before. Had the wifey hit the back. had her also show me how to shave legs... that was uncomfortable the 1st time... for both of us. I'm going to try the Nair thing. once I get back home from deployment though I plan on getting waxed... It looks expensive... I e-mailed the place and they asked for my measurements... looks like im in the + portion of the prices... but It's worth it. if you're using a razor or bodygroom I recommend Headblade's Head slick. it works wonders and it's menthol. Headblade.com is also where I bought a razor to shave my head... for us balding fellas

Ricky P
04-01-07, 1:58 am
you guys should check out the philips body groom. It's an electric razor but for the whole body. I don't know anyone who uses one but the website is kinda entertaining. I hope it's not a big deal for me to post a link since it's a useful product for this purpose. But uh... here it goes

www.shaveeverywhere.com

I just looked at this website, that is the funniest shit I've ever seen.

Rock326
04-12-07, 6:30 pm
The Philips/Norelco Bodygroom works well. You can use it in the shower too. It takes a few passes but it's easier on your skin so you don't get the irritation you do from a razor, even on the back of your legs, arms, or chest. I bought it after seeing an ad for it in one of my Dad's Men's Health mags. You can purchase it from Target or wherever for about $40.

Rock326
04-12-07, 6:37 pm
Yo Ricky, that is F'N funny bro!!!

ldskenpo
04-12-07, 7:34 pm
Ha Ha Ha Hah Ahah

LegDay_UKIGS
04-14-07, 11:55 pm
I tried Nair For Men, took a couple aplications and it didnt lest "days longer than shaving" th eonly plus was that the skin was smooth and no chances of cutting yourself and I couldnt get my back cause I'm on a war ship in the gulf... cant really ask someone to get that for ya out here.

TheNaturalG
04-15-07, 1:14 am
The Philips/Norelco Bodygroom works well. You can use it in the shower too. It takes a few passes but it's easier on your skin so you don't get the irritation you do from a razor, even on the back of your legs, arms, or chest. I bought it after seeing an ad for it in one of my Dad's Men's Health mags. You can purchase it from Target or wherever for about $40.

I think I may buy that lol.

maddawg
04-15-07, 2:09 am
i usually use the hair clippers no irratation, you dont have to buy new razors every 3 days, but i shave my arms with a razor for me nothin works better than a good ol' razor

Joe D'Amato
04-20-07, 6:26 pm
If you shave your chest and stomach wont your hair grow back spikey then get thicker???

dIdDy
04-21-07, 7:25 am
men dont shave

...but Animals do.

LegDay_UKIGS
04-24-07, 12:05 am
...but Animals do.

It's funny that we(not so much me) are usually the biggest, manliest guys around, but we sure are a different breed... which cream removes hair the best, and which bread had less fat, does my ass look good in these shorts... wait uhh... I mean just look at our thread "things only a BB will say" and look at some of that shit. Def. glad I part of a family that understands me.

claudio_rdgz
04-29-07, 2:42 am
Any suggestions to removing hair in the back, I'm like a bear, I have hair everywhere

Joe D'Amato
04-29-07, 2:04 pm
Any suggestions to removing hair in the back, I'm like a bear, I have hair everywhere

get a good friend or your mom and shave it. thats all i can think of.

Dadee_Dizel
04-29-07, 6:08 pm

www.razorba.com

Toni69
04-29-07, 6:45 pm

If we girls can get it done in areas that are extremely sensitive..so can you manly man guys!

NickSP
04-29-07, 9:03 pm
It's funny that we are usually the biggest, manliest guys around, but we sure are a different breed... which cream removes hair the best, and which bread had less fat, does my ass look good in these shorts... wait uhh...

lol this is so true, sometimes it takes some bitchy things to do to look like an "alpha male" so to speak lol anytime I didn't eat a lot or just watched what I ate, especially for wrestling, my buddy would always joke with me and be like "oh nick, watching your girlish figure again, huh bitch?" lol and no, none of them look half decent without a shirt on, and they know it

karthik
05-02-07, 10:35 pm
I just recently started using shampoo instead of shaving cream and it has done wonders in clearing my skin out, since it has a tendency to breakout. I use clippers for the really thick hair, then use the razor for the finishing touches, it works for me since I am hairy as a wolf.

Beast Genetics
05-12-07, 2:00 pm

www.shaveeverywhere.com

Hilarious

LegDay_UKIGS
05-13-07, 8:29 am
Hey has any one tried that Hair No More kit? I ordered it and was wondering if anyone has had good luck with it.

Rooster
05-15-07, 2:43 pm
Hilarious

I am laughing my ass off at work because of this site. This is funny.

Peace

LegDay_UKIGS
05-26-07, 6:15 pm
Ok, so I finally tried the Hair No more stuff... the cream works alot better than nair did.

Genetic Freak
06-19-07, 1:00 am
i just really need to worry about my legs..i usually shave my arms and what not..but legs takes to long and there are alot of hard to get places...i got nair, but dont really know what i should do...do i rub it on, and leave it on for a while then jump in the shower with a rag and it should rub right off?

Arnold Is Numero Uno
07-20-07, 2:02 pm
How many shave on here? Meaning legs, forarms, basically everything...do you only do it before a competition or all the time? how often do you do it? weekly, monthly?

krazyassmexican
07-20-07, 2:05 pm
seriously and call me metro if u want hahaha but i put that shaving shit on my arm pits helps me a lot with the bad smell after a bad ass weight training session
How many shave on here? Meaning legs, forarms, basically everything...do you only do it before a competition or all the time? how often do you do it? weekly, monthly?

Texas Titan
07-20-07, 3:26 pm

Hey bro, I shave chest and pits currently. I shaved my arms, legs, etc for about 6 years, legs are a lot of work, but when I did it all the time, I'd do upper body one day and legs the next....otherwise you are in the shower forever.

Arnold Is Numero Uno
07-20-07, 9:09 pm
yeah, ive been thinkin about doing my legs, forearms, chest, and stuff because i want to get some good photos of poses to self assess but ive been hesitant, i guess i just have to do it and get it over with and if someone asks me why i shave my legs ill just tell em because im bigger than you

GatorMP_69
08-12-07, 6:15 pm
I just used Nair for teh first time tonight. Tryin to cut down on the razor burn and bumps. Works well, but DAMN IT BURNS. I followed instructions pretty close. I wiate dthe 3 -4 minutes and then used a razor to take it off. It got most of the hair off. What little bit was left, I just shaved off. I stayed clear of the nips. I did my chesy and stomach, just to test it and see how bad it burns. Not too bad, but my chest and ctomach are red and a slight, mild-sunburn-like feeling. Will know more tomorrow how it feels. Have to get up and run around in the desert heat. I just pray it doesn't cause any adverse affects or slow me down on mission. The area I worked on is nice and smooth but tender and REALLY sensitive to the touch. I'll repost tomorrow and let you know how it goes. So far, all I can saw is OWWWWW!!! I would repeat it, but deffinately looking into other alternatives for the lower region and back. I am also a VERY fury guy. It seems as if the areas that had a light coat as compaire dto the heavier coated areas are not as bad. I was WISHIN for COLD water for the showers here. OH WELL!!!

GatorMP_69
08-13-07, 7:39 am
Ok. I slept off and on due to the burning on my chest last night. I finally had to get up today and run around in the desert heat. I was out for MAYBE 15 minutes tops. DAMN, my chest and stomach are scortched. The spots where the Nair was spread on thicker are splotchy and red and REALLY tender. I actually have burn marks on my stomach area where it was thicker. I might would us this again, but I would work in sections and use less cream and for less time. I would leave it on for maybe 2 minutes tops and try to do sections as apposed to gettin it all in one fowl swoop. It sucks, but not so much that I can't function. THANK GOD!!! I'd hate to get an Article 15 for burning myself with Nair.....HA HA HA HA!!!!!! I will DEFFINATELY be lookin into other hair removers.

BLOWNBY
08-13-07, 9:46 am
Yeah Nair sucks. I too have burned my shit! It will get better in a few days depending on how bad. But if you only left it on for 3-4 minutes you be fine in no time.

GatorMP_69
08-13-07, 1:26 pm
OK....I had to run see the medics for the Nair burn....NOMORE!!! I have been ordered by tthe Doc not to use Nair anymore while here in Iraq. I don't think I will. I will find somethinelse to work as good or better. Any suggestions, PLEASE let me know....later

Gator

BLOWNBY
08-13-07, 1:29 pm
Your best bet is probably going to be the razor.

I have found an epilator to be the best for me. But takes a good 10-15 minutes. You may not have that kind of time?

Redman
09-10-07, 8:21 am

www.shaveeverywhere.com

That was one of the funniest things I've seen in a long time, right after the "badger in my pants" comment.

I use a razor on my chest and arms, shave every other day, and don't have a problem with bumps or itching. It's when I put it off and only do it every 4 or 5 days is when the problems start. I also use lotion on my arms and chest when I'm done. I think that helps too...although I smell like a woman afterwards.

Genetic Freak
10-11-07, 1:04 am
im jsut getting into BB..never shaved before so im kinda hairy ha..what should i use for my first time shaving, since some of my hair is pretty thick

bobbymart
10-28-07, 3:27 pm
intuition rocks I use to use a mach 3 but intuition is the shit!!

Arnold Is Numero Uno
10-28-07, 10:12 pm
im jsut getting into BB..never shaved before so im kinda hairy ha..what should i use for my first time shaving, since some of my hair is pretty thick

i am going to shaving down pretty soon...im gonna use a beard trimmer...which is basically a hair trimmer but scaled down a little...then i will vacuum it all up...i wouldnt want all that shit in the tub....then i will shave with a razor because it will be ten times shorter

CAN SOMEONE WHO HAS SHAVED FOR COMPETITIONS PLEASE ANSWER THIS???? I know you shave ure legs of course but do you do ure toes, biceps, triceps, shoulder etc.??? or just the really noticable hair? i dont want to look stupid by doing too much or too little

eblnyc
10-28-07, 10:15 pm
waxing is the best..the more you shave the thicker and more course the hair is..iam a beautician i know...it don't hurt that bad guys...

Northman
10-29-07, 3:12 am
Burn the hair off.

Wild Cat
05-07-08, 3:43 am
Hey guys I was just curious how most of you get rid of unwanted body hair. What good is having a big and cut physique on display if it's presentation is covered with a field of hair. And like the old chef saying goes... "presentation is everything."

I usually wax in the Summer when I'm more likely to have my shirt off but I usually don't take my shirt off in the bitter winter, so most winter and other season I just shave, use nair or some other similiar hair removal product. I find the nair to be extremely painful to use even after 5 minutes of use, and both the nair and shaving leaves rashes and red marks as an end result. Does anybody have any tidbits or advice to share and put some limelight on the subject? Is there an easy trick of the trade that I don't know? If so please spill the beans...

-Wild Cat

MedusaThrills
05-07-08, 4:39 am
I wanted to try out some nair. I only shave face,neck and chest atm, but there is a bit of hair around lower stomach which i dont want when abs are there.

Also i dont want to shave my stomach because it will grow back very prickly. I hear nair is the way to go other than waxing though.
Going to be embarrasing buying Nair over the counter since i know the whole staff at the local pharmacist because they go to my school!

Boz
05-07-08, 5:23 am
I haven't tried it yet, but my buddy said to use Veet. He said it is way better than Nair. Doesn't burn.

never_2_big
05-07-08, 5:38 am
http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=595

here you are man, heres one that we prepared earlier...! hahaha

Wild Cat
05-07-08, 6:01 am
"Ha Bro thanks"...I should've checked and did a search before making a thread, but I honestly thought I was the only one thinking about it or brave enough to post about it. One thing I wanted to add to this discussion is shaving with a Mach3 Blade has worked better for me than any cream but I have a big chest and can't get to the hair in the middle. Any suggestions about that or anything related to hair removal would be cool...

..."Be strong like Kong ya All"

-Wild Cat

never_2_big
05-07-08, 6:06 am
"Ha Bro thanks"...I should've checked and did a search before making a thread, but I honestly thought I was the only one thinking about it or brave enough to post about it. One thing I wanted to add to this discussion is shaving with a Mach3 Blade has worked better for me than any cream but I have a big chest and can't get to the hair in the middle. Any suggestions about that or anything related to hair removal would be cool...

..."Be strong like Kong ya All"

-Wild Cat

mach 3 are the greatest razors ever made... and the blades actually last a few shaves. i have one for my face and a different coloured one for the rest of my body... My chest is fairly big and i just use my other hand to pull the pec to the side and that gets it done.

sanga
05-07-08, 8:09 am
I wanted to try out some nair. I only shave face,neck and chest atm, but there is a bit of hair around lower stomach which i dont want when abs are there.

Also i dont want to shave my stomach because it will grow back very prickly. I hear nair is the way to go other than waxing though.
Going to be embarrasing buying Nair over the counter since i know the whole staff at the local pharmacist because they go to my school!

Mail Order??

sanga
05-07-08, 8:11 am
I`ve tried all the creams and all give a rash of soirts or spots, waxing too gives spots and a rash but less so, shaving is the least harmful to my skin so it seems.

WeeMan
05-31-08, 12:39 pm
gillette..the best a man can get

VishGT2
05-31-08, 12:47 pm
laser hair removal.

yes it is painful and expensive...but deff worth it. had 3 sessions so far.... i dunno if would pay for it though haha. i get it done free from my uncle who's a doctor.

born0withno0soul
06-01-08, 3:58 am
i am going to shaving down pretty soon...im gonna use a beard trimmer...which is basically a hair trimmer but scaled down a little...then i will vacuum it all up...i wouldnt want all that shit in the tub....then i will shave with a razor because it will be ten times shorter

CAN SOMEONE WHO HAS SHAVED FOR COMPETITIONS PLEASE ANSWER THIS???? I know you shave ure legs of course but do you do ure toes, biceps, triceps, shoulder etc.??? or just the really noticable hair? i dont want to look stupid by doing too much or too little

shave everything

simpleguy
06-01-08, 5:02 am
Burn the hair off.

lol, good advice

WeeMan
06-01-08, 3:38 pm
lol, good advice

thats gotta be the worst advice iv ever heard!!!
what dick is gonna go on stage with burn marks!?

simpleguy
06-01-08, 11:29 pm
thats gotta be the worst advice iv ever heard!!!
what dick is gonna go on stage with burn marks!?

huh? I think 99% of the people who read that realised it was a joke

nevergiveup92
06-07-09, 4:26 pm
i got hair all over my chest and i hate it, anyone know some good permanent hair removers?

JasonG
06-07-09, 4:44 pm
Haven't tried this, but here is a product endorsed by Jay Cutler. http://www.shavenomore.com/?a=jaycutler&b=885

jeff00z28
06-07-09, 7:46 pm
i want some nair but am too embarassed to buy it lol. i need to get a chic to get it for me

Cstlfx
06-07-09, 10:35 pm
i want some nair but am too embarassed to buy it lol. i need to get a chic to get it for me

What!? They make a male specific (same ingredients) bottle, blue and silver, or along those colors. Just go down that isle and find it.

As to the OP, there really isnt a permanent hair remover. You can wax, use and epilator, or laser treatment.

Cstlfx
06-08-09, 2:38 am
Also, take a look through this thread:

http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=595&highlight=hair+removal

sdelthon
06-09-09, 4:35 pm
whats the difference between: Nair and Nair for men?

i'll share an embarrassing story...
I had my g/f wax my back it was pretty painful took about an hour but wasn't too bad and seemed to work ok. but when i flipped over to do my chest i only make it for two strips most painful thing i can remember for a long time. and i broke out on my chest for a few weeks.

C.Coronato
06-09-09, 5:05 pm
Buzz first then shave. Thats what i do for my contests. Works well. Lotion after so you dont break out.

Cstlfx
06-09-09, 6:21 pm
whats the difference between: Nair and Nair for men?

i'll share an embarrassing story...
I had my g/f wax my back it was pretty painful took about an hour but wasn't too bad and seemed to work ok. but when i flipped over to do my chest i only make it for two strips most painful thing i can remember for a long time. and i broke out on my chest for a few weeks.

The only thing thats different is the bottle and sticker on the bottle.

Ghost26
02-24-10, 3:42 pm
how many of you animals out there shave, im talking legs, arms, chest, and how many of you guys get shit for it, i wish i could stop but when it grows back it just looks like shit, i dont mind it though

Jonisocool
02-24-10, 3:44 pm
Chest and stomach.

I think legs and forearms are a bit much unless you're going up on stage.

Plus waxing lasts longer.

jeff00z28
02-24-10, 4:33 pm
nair doesn't work for everyone. i have used it and it doesn't take any hair off at all (no ****). i dont get shit for it, it seems like the more metrosexual things u do to urself the more women like it

fenix237
02-24-10, 4:52 pm
i thought i would share a little tip to save you $$$ buying those expensive 3,4,5, bladed razors. after you're done using them, pop the head off and put it in a small sealed container of rubbing alcohol- blades should last several times longer.

it's not the actual shaving that does most of the dulling, it's the fact of it getting wet and drying (and rusting). if you notice, your barber/hairdressers have a big jar of colored alcohol that they put their scissors and other sharp edged weapons in. i get 20-30 face shaves out of my Mach 3's this way- give it a try

Cstlfx
02-24-10, 6:06 pm
i thought i would share a little tip to save you $$$ buying those expensive 3,4,5, bladed razors. after you're done using them, pop the head off and put it in a small sealed container of rubbing alcohol- blades should last several times longer.

it's not the actual shaving that does most of the dulling, it's the fact of it getting wet and drying (and rusting). if you notice, your barber/hairdressers have a big jar of colored alcohol that they put their scissors and other sharp edged weapons in. i get 20-30 face shaves out of my Mach 3's this way- give it a try

Now this is some good info! I thought that colored stuff wasn't to preserve blades, but some sort of pre-cleaning stage. Good to know, I'm always pissed about having to throw blades away that haven't been used much.

On a side note, has anyone tried a sharpener for blades? Such as this one: http://www.amazon.com/Save-Blade-Automatic-Razor-Sharpener/dp/B0013J99FO

I'm tempted, but I also dont want crap. Even the Mach 3 blades are starting to get expensive.

andrewT
04-05-10, 4:01 pm
when did you guys start shaving? (ala how BIG were you?)

also when you guys like BigAnt mention clippers, do you mean just regular trimmers or are you talking about that bodygroom one?

thanks

Mr. Dead
04-05-10, 4:12 pm
http://www.amazon.com/Philips-Norelco-BG2020-Bodygroom-Shaver/dp/B000EG8HLE

Definite time saver... And, andrewT I only started shaving, right before my first show... Size doesn't necessarily equate to grooming... There's cases of women preferring a clean-shaven chest, instead of Winnie-the-Pooh... (My wife is one of them... *LOL*)

Legacy
04-05-10, 10:01 pm
have any of yall tried this product. It is endorsed by cutler and sounds interesting. Anyone try it? Leave a review

http://www.shavenomore.com/?a=jaycutler&b=885

Bruiser
05-28-11, 8:07 am
I don't compete and don't ever plan on stepping on stage, but I do like to look my best. I've noticed even when I'm carrying extra fat during a bulk, shaving seems to help show definition and size. I shave my arms with no problem. But when I've shaved my chest (I don't even try anymore) I break out and get razor burn so F***ING bad that I look like I got chicken pox. Not to mention it itches so bad I might as well have fleas. Any advice guys.

Loomis
05-28-11, 8:34 am
I shaved for IC4, and what worked best on my chest was my wifes razor. Its a venus dpa breeze, and while it leaves you smelling flowery, it does a hell of a job. just wash after words to cover the scent.

zubda345
05-28-11, 10:35 am
I also want to shave my body hair but have never done that before when ever I plan to I think I will get burns and have my body hair hard next time they come. What about a hair removal spray? I know it's for ladies lol but we CAN also use it.... Any Ideas?

ProteinJunkie
05-28-11, 11:42 am
Unless you're a Pro Swimmer or BB'er, my advice is not to bother. Whether you look the part or not, NOTHING is more tool'ish than trying too hard. It's like the guy decked out in Porsche gear who doesn't drive one...

Just my opinion. Have fun scratching.

Bruiser
05-28-11, 12:28 pm
Unless you're a Pro Swimmer or BB'er, my advice is not to bother. Whether you look the part or not, NOTHING is more tool'ish than trying too hard. It's like the guy decked out in Porsche gear who doesn't drive one...

Just my opinion. Have fun scratching.

Speaking of tool'ish... that was helpful...

Appollonian
05-28-11, 12:34 pm
I shave problem areas, ie chest/back/upper arms. I don't like being too hairy, especially when mowing my yard when it's 100+ outside. Also, the wife appreciates it, and I do like seeing some of my hardwork not buried. As long as I don't shave before I work out that day, no itches

It's not quite like wearing a Ferrari T and not having a Ferrari; A) I am not completely hairless and B) I do look like I workout regularly.

aussie bulk
05-28-11, 11:50 pm
the only suggestion I would make is to maybe use an electric clipper. The hair on your back/chest can be taken back a fair way to make you look better, but you won't break out with rashes etc.

I like to keep my hair trimmed back, but I hate the ingrowns that come with it!!

Shark52
05-29-11, 1:30 am
Not sure if i would call shaving your arms, legs, etc. "toolish" if your not competing but to each his own. I myself shave my arms chest and stomach. I usually will just rub lotion on the spots that i shave and i barely ever get razor burn. Ladies seem to like it soooo..

zubda345
05-29-11, 3:17 am
Well I am a Bodybuilder and will surely compete, some of u might say that remove hair when u r close to a show, but I wanna remove them just for the experience. I don't have a hairy back. just chest, belly,legs and BEHIND!

I would also say an elictric clipper or an elictric shaver will be good. what do u say?

Shark52
05-29-11, 12:10 pm
i just use a razor

GUNS
05-29-11, 12:21 pm
I competed when I was younger and ever since I have kept my chest hair shaved. I also have shave my underarms and arms on occasion. My chest stays completely bump free due to it being used to it. When you first shave it off, nair it, then when it starts to come in, just don't over do it, you will get razor burn. I use regular bar soap for my chest while im in the shower. But I use my wifes shaving cream on my arms.

Hope this helps. I am a tool!

MRmichael.hooker
05-31-11, 5:53 am
There is a hair removal spray that works real well. I try to shave, but if i let it go for a while, i don't feel like sawing it off with a razor. I can get the name for you when I head home, but it works wonders. Kinda like nair spray, but works much better. Think it's called 'shower off'. Your arms can be covered in hair, and spray this stuff on and leave for 5-6 mins, and wipe off and everything is gone. I've yet to have to reapply it or go back over the area with a razor, always gets everything. Only downfall is it's like $8 a can. My upper chest use to break out when i razored it, so i started using this stuff called shave secret. Its a little bottle you can get at walmart. It takes like 4 drops to shave your chest with. Also, as stated above, a womans Venus razor works well because the built-in lotion it has. My wife uses them and i've tried em out. Doesn't shave as close as my razor, but helps with irritation better

zubda345
05-31-11, 6:52 am
There is a hair removal spray that works real well. I try to shave, but if i let it go for a while, i don't feel like sawing it off with a razor. I can get the name for you when I head home, but it works wonders. Kinda like nair spray, but works much better. Think it's called 'shower off'. Your arms can be covered in hair, and spray this stuff on and leave for 5-6 mins, and wipe off and everything is gone. I've yet to have to reapply it or go back over the area with a razor, always gets everything. Only downfall is it's like $8 a can. My upper chest use to break out when i razored it, so i started using this stuff called shave secret. Its a little bottle you can get at walmart. It takes like 4 drops to shave your chest with. Also, as stated above, a womans Venus razor works well because the built-in lotion it has. My wife uses them and i've tried em out. Doesn't shave as close as my razor, but helps with irritation better

I think I've mentioned it earlier, even if not I just want to say it's good but it's too costly...

MRmichael.hooker
05-31-11, 6:56 am
I think I've mentioned it earlier, even if not I just want to say it's good but it's too costly...

usually what i'll do is use the spray when i havent shaved in a while so it saves the razor more. Like, i might just not feel like shaving my chest or arms for a couple months. So instead of going through a couple razors, ill just use the spray-off stuff and its all gone. Then ill start shaving again

GUNS
05-31-11, 9:45 am
I don't seem to have any problems with the razor's. My chest stays smooth and never get razor burn. I do cut my nipples every now and the. That's just cause I go so fast and don't pay attention.

Madcat
05-31-11, 12:30 pm
Good thread actually, and no it is not tool to shave even if you dont compete. But whatever.

Anyways, I was reading FLEX or MD or something yesterday morning while on the pot and they had Nair for Men... I was like oh hells yes, no more expensive razor blades etc. I went and got it, read the instructions, and tried it. Worthless.

I think I tried Nair before too and it sucked that time too. Atleast this stuff didn't smell god awful.

Has anyone had any GOOD experience with it? If so how did you use it, becuase I can't get it to work right.

dannynb
05-31-11, 2:08 pm
just use the Mach 3 and bar soap and shave. My wife will use Nair on my back and I leave it on for 15 minutes and then she wipes it off and uses a razor to get places we missed. As long as you use a fresh razor and lotion you should be good to go. There's also this stuff called "Koochie", it's like a shaving cream/lotion for women to shave their girlie parts and it works great for chest and legs and such, combines moisturizers along with shaving lotion.

Loomis
05-31-11, 2:14 pm
I never thought I would see the word "koochie" on the forum!

zubda345
06-01-11, 8:04 am
I never thought I would see the word "koochie" on the forum!

Ahahahahahahaha Damn Yeah will just yesterday I got to meat a bud and he had shaved his legs and I asked him how he said Girls cream lol. But his legs were smooth and really good shaved... I am also looking forward to "KOOCHIE". LOL

Bruiser
06-01-11, 8:07 am
Ahahahahahahaha Damn Yeah will just yesterday I got to meat a bud and he had shaved his legs and I asked him how he said Girls cream lol. But his legs were smooth and really good shaved... I am also looking forward to "KOOCHIE". LOL

Zubda, Zubda, Zubda... I'm afraid to ask how you know they were smooth... lol

JasonG
06-01-11, 8:28 am
That coochie is some good stuff. It's basically a non foaming shaving lotion. I use a simular non foaming gell for men called worlds best shave and there's another company that has one too, nutragema I think.

Aggression
06-01-11, 8:41 am
I shave my arms in the shower. I use either bar soap or shampoo with a shit disposable razor. Nothing fancy. Easy, soft strokes. The harder you press, the higher the risk of irritation. Boom. As for my chest, I just buzz that down every once in a while.

Bruiser
06-01-11, 8:47 am
Same here for arms. I just use cheap shaving cream/disposable razor and do it in the shower. I've never had any problems with irritation. It's the chest I have probems with. Definitely gonna try some of the higher end cream/gels and razors to see if that helps.

Stone_Ghost
06-01-11, 9:17 am
Suck it up, Be a man about it and use Duct Tape, it solves all of lifes problems.

Bruiser
06-01-11, 9:19 am
Suck it up, Be a man about it and use Duct Tape, it solves all of lifes problems.

F*** that. Duct Tape is for girls. Use sandpaper. lol

Stone_Ghost
06-01-11, 9:51 am

Kickin it up a notch are ya? Alright swing on over ill get the bench grinder fired up. lol

GUNS
06-01-11, 10:02 am
Some guys will need a torch, and some may even need a chainsaw. Your gonna go through too many blades on that grinder!

Bruiser
06-01-11, 10:11 am
Kickin it up a notch are ya? Alright swing on over ill get the bench grinder fired up. lol

Hell, if you''re getting the bench grinder fired up, you can trim my toenails too! lol

zubda345
06-01-11, 11:27 am
Zubda, Zubda, Zubda... I'm afraid to ask how you know they were smooth... lol

hahahahaha don't think like that he told me they are preety smooth lol.

zubda345
06-01-11, 11:30 am

Oh man I will die under a bench but FUCK that duct tape thing.

Thank God I saw this reply for that post lol

zubda345
06-01-11, 11:31 am
What about Fly paper??? It's also sticky, just like duct tape :P. ahahahahahahaha

Bruiser
06-01-11, 11:38 am
What about Fly paper??? It's also sticky, just like duct tape :P. ahahahahahahaha

But will it make my chest as smooth as your friend's legs? lol

zubda345
06-01-11, 2:44 pm
But will it make my chest as smooth as your friend's legs? lol

ahahahahahaha do u want me to send my frnd to US and see that?? :P

MRmichael.hooker
06-02-11, 5:53 am
Some guys will need a torch, and some may even need a chainsaw. Your gonna go through too many blades on that grinder!

we had a guy break a pair of electric clippers on his chest hair. too bad they were someone elses clippers lol

GUNS
06-02-11, 7:55 am
Wow, break out the old school push rotory mower.