PDA

View Full Version : The Life of a Lunatic

Iron_Spirit
05-01-07, 4:03 pm
They say that after the dust has settled all that is left is the legacy of your actions. My life is a continous reaping of respect, scratching and pushing every inch of the way.

Judging by what I've been doing in my life, when the dust has settled, one of two things will happen, I'll either be a hero or lunatic... maybe I have to be the second to be the first.

Which of the two I'll turn out to be? Only time can tell. Here I'll write my thoughts on life and leave the footprints of my journey.

I'm an Animal and this is my path...

Iron_Spirit
05-01-07, 4:16 pm
Older thoughts are on the following thread:
http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=4109

I decided to start a new thread, since the old one seemed to be confused for an "injury" thread, when it wasn't.

Iron_Spirit
05-02-07, 2:51 pm
My thoughts are messy, me heart is pumping and my body is shaking. Today, within a few hours,I will train legs, attempt to do ALL my effort humanly possible. All those feelings, they are such a gift that progressively put me in here...

I get my foot out of there, and am completely in here, in the hell zone, where it rains fire everyday, where only the strongest & meanest motherfucker survives, in here you don't do the things you like, you do the things needed to survive and outdo the competition. Its you vs the world, no lending hands, no pushing the iron for you, you gotta lift that pile of plates by yourself or get crushed by them. There's no space for weakness or doubt, if you're here, you gotta be determined, focused and insane, otherwise GET THE FUCK OUT and stop wasting our space.

This is where I live. Welcome to my world.

Iron_Spirit
05-04-07, 4:08 pm
His Pain
This man must overcome pain in order to achieve greatness, this trials of pain would be so great that there is no man or factor in the world that can cause him more pain than he already inflicts on himself. This man feels no pain.

His Trials
The invincible man would have to overcome trials so great that all those of life's trivial challenges would mean nothing to him, they wouldn't even make him hesitate or doubt. He would be UNBREAKABLE.

His Heart
Above all, his heart would be thicker than alligator skin, this man would have to leave so many pleasures and desires behind in order to achieve greatness, that he would be unattached of all the superficial aspects of life. This man would be UNTOUCHABLE.

His Strength
The needed strength to achieve these characteristics is so inmense, that this man would be UNSTOPPABLE, he would die a champion because only death could stop his actions but NEVER his will.

Everyday we are asked what have we done to become this man. We judge our every action and compare it to him. Sometimes we'll fail and succumb, but we must always stand up and continue determined to become this man. Then, maybe in the end, a few of us will be remembered as a legend.

Iron_Spirit
05-11-07, 6:05 pm
I am tired, my head feels light and my muscles are burning, I just finished a 20 rep set of squats; but I still have to do a rest pause set of biceps.

As I listen to Lamb of God playing 'Faded Line', I get this moment concentration, it feels as if this is exactly where I'm meant to be, every piece of the puzzle falls right in its place. Every obstacle is meant to be, there is nothing I would change... this is my chance to show what I'm made of, a chance to gain respect from the iron, a true friend, a worthy foe.

During the set of curls, I only have one fear, and it is not failing, I fear not doing my all out best effort possible, I don't care about not pulling out the necessary reps, everything that matters is doing my best possible, that I sweat blood and breath fire.

I fully grasped my opening opportunity to train with max effort, when feeling tired I remembered Machine, all the animals here and every man that doesn't have the same opportunity I do... I do this for you, I do this for me, every word you say and action you do, lets me know I'm not alone in this journey, I hear your voices pushing me, telling me to do my best.

I carry your spirits with me, every time at the gym, at work, everywhere. There's only one promise I can make, and its that I will never give up, I'll always keep our flag high in the sky with animal pride.

Iron_Spirit
05-14-07, 4:49 pm
Some people think that what you did as a child usually is unimportant when you're an adult. They couldn't be more wrong...

I remember my childhood, I always had that undying spirit of fight, never giving up no matter what childish game I was playing, and loved being challenged in an unfair fight, with me getting the worst odds. Ever since, I knew that there is more to a man that walks that hard road than the one who opts for the easy life, the fantasy.

It is true that you reap what you sow, even today, as a grown man, I can't seem to take the easy life, even if I wanted, I get this sickening feeling just thinking about it.

So think about who you are today, because sooner than later, you will reap what you sow. How many roads must a man walk before he can be called a man? Just one, the hardest one, motherfucker.

Iron_Spirit
05-16-07, 2:24 pm
For the past 6 months I had been training at home, but I used up all available exercises, and needed to change a few so I signed up to a gym I used to go, where I saw a couple of hardcore lifters like 3 years ago.

So I went there last monday, and I saw two things, half the gym was trying to flirt with 3 girls, and the other half wasn't doing that because they were too busy talking about the last weekend's fight.

For shit's sake, I saw this guy who was doing 1/3 of the way squats on a smith machine, to top it he was showing off his 'strength' in that exercise and did 1 bullshit set and then went to flirt with some blond chick, and came back 15 min later and did another bullshit set.

I swear to you, I came in and out, did my whole session and some people had barely started their 2nd exercise movement. And the music, FUCK, its some ballad crap, I don't know what goes through the owner's mind putting some happy-happy-joy music while some motherfuckers are trying to die in there.

But still, I need machines to do different exercises, I'm taking my mp3 player and reaping the iron apart, show them what being an animal is all about.

ghost
05-16-07, 2:44 pm
Iron, your mind is definitely not messed up, it is the same mind/mentality as the rest of us on here. we are all struggling with the stupidity of people at the gym....the gravity of the weight crushing down on us. difference with us, we rise above it all.....we will be victorious in this battle. Systems are locked down...Guns are at the ready...time for war brother. Stand by my side as we prepare for the battle of life

Iron_Spirit
05-16-07, 4:48 pm
Systems are locked down...Guns are at the ready...time for war brother. Stand by my side as we prepare for the battle of life

I hear you. That's what I love about this place, where animals like you and me can find other animals who know what this journey is all about. To listen and get listened to by someone who understands.

You can be dead sure everytime you look at your side I'll be there, struggling, fighting ... overcoming. Just don't make look back and see you half-assing anything, cuz I'll kick your ass.

ghost
05-17-07, 9:17 am
I hear you. That's what I love about this place, where animals like you and me can find other animals who know what this journey is all about. To listen and get listened to by someone who understands.

You can be dead sure everytime you look at your side I'll be there, struggling, fighting ... overcoming. Just don't make look back and see you half-assing anything, cuz I'll kick your ass.

Hell yeah. i love this shit...this place is HOME for me. where our brotherhood has gathered in assemblance....waiting to attack. we are a force to be feared...and we will take over the world.

peterpyper
05-17-07, 1:13 pm
i love it

Iron_Spirit
05-18-07, 5:53 pm
I bet most of you (me included) don't have to worry if tomorrow you'll have nothing to eat, we take that for granted. Well, my dad didn't have that assurance as he grew up; some people have to fight just to live a normal life, to have some food in the fukin fridge.

I don't have that problem, and I thank him for that. But now for those who money isn't a problem while growing up, when you know there'll be food in the fridge the next day, our objective in life isn't as easy to know...

So now, we have a chance, an opening to something bigger... my objective: immortality. That is what I MUST fight to achieve, in the worst of cases I'll die trying. And I don't mind that, because in my opinion, there is no greater man than one who relentlessly fought for an objective his entire life.

Every man should have an objective in life, if not, then get out of our fukin' way. We'll be the mothafukas that lazy people see with despise because we do what they can't, we'll carry the fukin flag of our forefathers who fought to give us this opportunity, and trust me, we aren't giving up anytime soon... Make a PROMISE, right now, TO FIGHT no matter what obstacle comes upon YOUR JOURNEY.

Do or Die, motherfucker.

Iron_Spirit
05-21-07, 3:01 am
I don't know if this happens to you, but I always end up soaking wet of sweat with a white shirt blackened with metal rust, sometimes I even have blood on me... if you look at me after I finished working out you'd probably think I got into a fight with some wild beasts... meanwhile I am in the gym training like a madman and a few meters away there are guys wearing a blouse and dockers, others sporting their new sport pants and nike shirt... me? Some old underwear white shirt with intimidating words written on with a black marker, on the front it says: "I fear no pain. I fear no weight." and on the back, below the neck it says: "UNSTOPPABLE".

I know the chicks won't dig it, I know the owner won't like my attitude disrupting the pussy m-fkers... but I never say a word, and I don't shout with my mouth, I do it with my eyes, with my thoughts, with my unbreakable determination...

If there's a point to this post it would be just to remember that when you're in the gym its to get down to business, don't even fuckin sign-in, go straight for the power rack...

Don't wear your tight 'muscle shirt', don't show off for the ladies, the lads or whomever fuck you meet there... FUCK that... don't meet anyone, in the gym you don't even know how to speak, you're a fuckin wild animal. You're in there to destroy, to kill, to die.

You got a problem with my attitude? GOOD, take it to the gym, tell it to the weights, maybe you can talk them into moving, or you can listen to this and fuck em' up with sheer beast-like determination.

ghost
05-21-07, 10:17 am
Fukem...when you are at the gym, you are on a specific mission...to crush the fucking weights.
We dont go there to make friends and catch up on the latest gossip bullshit. we go there to ATTACK the weights and move on. people that get in our way learn the hard way that stepping in the path of a warrior could get them killed.

If you are between me and the iron....you could get killed.

Step back motherfuckers, it is time to lift.

Another great post brother...keep em comin.

Strength and Honor.

Iron_Spirit
05-21-07, 12:31 pm
If you are between me and the iron....you could get killed.

Step back motherfuckers, it is time to lift.

Another great post brother...keep em comin.

Strength and Honor.

Show them the new meaning of the words discipline and determination. Show them they can't fuck with our level of commitment.

There's no other way I'd have it. I'll remember this today, when I rip the weights apart.

Its good to know someone reads this. Its good to know you read this, brother.

Strength & Honor.

ghost
05-21-07, 2:54 pm
brother, i wouldnt have it any other way either...of course i read this....you and i have the same mind-set. also, i bet we train about the same too.........
it is good to know that someone is like me.

Iron_Spirit
05-23-07, 1:09 pm
To: Obstacles

God damnit! Don't you get it? You can't stop me, you can push me, crush me, even defeat me, but NEVER make me surrender. Motherfucker, if I'm alive you aren't going to stop me, EVER.

You want to know why you can't stop me? Because I'm not afraid, I do not fear failure; because when I'm about to face the challenges you summon upon me, I do not think how hard it will be to overcome you... NO... what I'm thinking is how proud I will be of myself for fighting until my very last drop of energy to overcome these challenges, for being as diehard as can be.

I love it when you hate me for not giving up, for not dying, like fucking ants that you can't seem to make go away no matter how many of them you step on.

MARK MY WORD. I will always be there, buzzing on your ear, BITCH. Do whatever you want, whatever it takes, BUT YOU AREN'T GETTING RID OF ME, I will always be there fighting, pushing and scratching every inch of the way to greatness.

Strength & honor until the very last breath.

Iron_Spirit
05-28-07, 5:52 pm
The other day I had a conversation that went like this:
Person: "How much do you weigh?"
Me: "I'm at 232 pounds, 15 more than a couple of months ago."
Person: "Why did you get heavier?"
(I'm getting angry by now)
Me: "Because I want to be bigger."
Person: "You look fine. Why do you want to be bigger?"
(I look him in the eye like an animal about to hunt his prey)
Me: "Because I can."

Who are they to question our level of commitment? No one. If a man chooses a greater path and others question his decisions, he is not one to answer their misunderstandment of what living for an objective means, or what it feels like wanting to transcend beyond death through the echo of one's actions during life... because that is something they will never comprehend.

Let them ignore me, doubt me, hate me or even attempt to stop me... let them try, I'll always be fighting here in the battlefield, and there is nothing anyone or anything can do about it. Let them come to me, I'm always ready to kick some ass.

Strength & Honor.

AU_Lifter
05-28-07, 6:22 pm
Brother, love the posts. Your levels of intensity and commitment are a great inspiration.

Iron_Spirit
05-29-07, 1:23 am
Brother, love the posts. Your levels of intensity and commitment are a great inspiration.

I thank your for the compliment, but deep inside I know there's still a long way for me to go and that there's alot more I can do.

Strength & Honor.

Iron_Spirit
06-02-07, 7:56 pm
The other day I was talking to some friends that were hearing some suck ass music that are called 'narco-corridos', those are songs about how Drug-Dealing Cartel Lords use their fraudulent power to move strings in their criminal world...

What really shocked me, wasn't the song, I couldn't give a damn about those songs. What shocked me was how my honorless friends admired those dishonest, irrespectful and unworthy men; how they thought their 'feats' as drug dealers, killing men for money or power, and destroying the life of many men and women with the product they sell to ignorant children or youngsters is something to be admired.

That is what really fucks up my state and country, its the fact that people admire the fraudulent success those honorless men achieve. What can I say to them? Not much, I know my words won't ever change the mind of people like my friends... but it is through my actions, and example that I can speak louder than a thousand words.

The fact that this world full of lies, injustice and disrespect doesn't mean that one cannot have honor, because the inmeasurable value of honor is for no one else than yourself. In Machine's words: "... in a world full of lies and deceit, be true to yourself."

Iron_Spirit
06-04-07, 11:47 pm
I've been a lone person for most of my lifetime, rarely understood by anyone. The only reliable, understanding and supporting company I've had in this world is my hope, love & hate. During my life I've lifted with passion and love, but I've also lifted with rage and hate.

Right now, during this phase in my life I am filled with hate and rage, that fuels me, although I promised myself not long ago that I would never become that monster, this hate-filled rage-controlled monster I am now...

Sadly, that is what I've become... I am condemned to imprisonment of solitude and struggle until someday I love again... for now, I am a beast within and I will crush obstacles with pure rage and overcome struggle with beast-like determination.

Strength and Honor.

Iron_Spirit
06-05-07, 6:44 pm
You know... I don't really like those threadmills or stationary bikes, they represent mandkind's affiliation to artificiality, I've always preferred running, it makes me feel alive. So I always prefer to run outside.

There's catch though, I live in a fucking desert. So today definetely was a challenge, outside the temperature was 120 degrees (106 in the shadow); but there isn't a sun big enough in the universe to stop me from running 3 miles.

As I ran those three miles, I gotta say the first one was easy, the only thing I could feel was the hot desert-dry air burning my throat and skin... nothing I can't handle. For the second mile, my feet are burning now, they hurt like I had blisters all over... BIG DEAL; my dry face feels like a boiling pan by now. By the time I'm running the third mile I start alucinating ancestors, my feet hurt so much I forget I have them, my throat? I'm lucky I wasn't coughing like a dog because of the dryness (I am as I write this). My whole skin is burning, sweat doesn't help, it dries off as soon as it comes out... insolation becomes an issue that wanders my thoughts and start thinking why anyone would run through this hell, I start doubting...

Then I start thinking about slowing down and walking, its a thought that goes through my mind,but that would mean giving up, showing weakness, and you know... even with all that shit making me feel all kinds of pain, I still put commitment, determination and discipline above it, I ran the whole way.

This is the ride I take everyday, still think you want to tag along to this motherfucker? Put reasoning and the minimum distraction away... and get your lunacy hat on. If not, then expect to see our dust as we blaze past you, the dust of the people challenging the barriers of the impossible.

Jakk Hammer
06-07-07, 6:20 pm
fuking hell man i dun ohow old these posts r i didnt read the dates but brother well i duno if i should call you brother or my ywin i read every post like twice i feel like ur words come from my mouth every word u sed means alot to me and i dont kno any way u coulda put that in better words

Peace brother!

~Jakk Hammer~

Iron_Spirit
06-12-07, 2:11 am
brother well i duno if i should call you brother or my ywin i read every post like twice i feel like ur words come from my mouth every word u sed means alot to me and i dont kno any way u coulda put that in better words

I'm just saying what we think, without hesitation. Just in-your-face truth. Our weakness and our strength are the same.

STRENGTH & HONOR, BROTHER!

Iron_Spirit
06-12-07, 2:45 am
I despise weak people, those who are blinded by the superficial things that life has put in front as distractions from the big picture. I don't want to be any part of that society, I will form a different culture in which one must RISE above weakness to separate oneself from the shallow and senseless lifestyle.

A culture in which one must have an objective that will be accomplished even if it means facing your worst nightmare every day of the week or having to suffer discomfort in order to live with honor and dignity.

We will keep them away from us by making our paradise, their living hell. In such a way we'll filter weakness and overcome with nothing but pure strength from within... until we finally achieve our destiny.

Our will be done.

Bam Bam
06-12-07, 5:46 am
I just read some posts thru this thread and all I can say is damn. Wow this is some very motivational shit bro. You are definately an inspiration to me since I not only want to become a better writer but a better person. Keep it comin.

Iron_Spirit
06-12-07, 7:13 pm
I just read some posts thru this thread and all I can say is damn. Wow this is some very motivational shit bro. You are definately an inspiration to me since I not only want to become a better writer but a better person. Keep it comin.

I thank you, but I don't consider myself an inspiration to be a better person... and as a writer there's alot of mistakes I make, which I notice too late and then can't edit.

We are all trying to progress here. Remember we are all humans working hard to get our piece of the cake, its all about who wants it more and what flavor you want.

I never choose to follow a man I admire... instead I try to walk aside him.

Iron_Spirit
06-15-07, 11:16 pm
Today I will definetely remember....
Woke up and what's the first thing I notice? A neck spasm... different to other neck spasms I've had, this time its more than an incomodity, its real pain... as painful as neck cramps.

So I put ice on it for 1 hr, then I get in the shower and open the hot water as hot as it can get (here... it gets real hot... I live in a desert)... momentarily the pain from the heat is greater than that of the spasms, but after I get out of the shower my dear pain is back... a mere movement of the arm, back, sneeze or head movement produces a neck spasm great enough to make any man kneel, I ain't kidding... it made me kneel for sure.

Anyhow,I had to do legs today... front squats is in the menu. I can't get this movement right with no neck spasm, and with it, well I just didn't know what to expect besides some elephant dose of pain. So it took me 10 min just getting ready for the exercise, hahaha... just lifting the fucking arms to hold the bar gave me neck spasms, all I could do is laugh.

The whole routine was a big neck spasm added with increasing leg and biceps burn... SWEET! After rep 18 I had to re-rack the weight because the fucking bar was falling off my shoulders... I HATE THAT! DAMNIT! My bar hold is horrible on front squats! I'm working on getting it right.

The routine wasn't all that great, mainly because I had to exercise at home and I don't have a leg curl machine (and my back problems don't allow me to do deadlifts) but it was painful enough to make me overcome the neck spasms, which in my books is acceptable, not great, but acceptable.

I know there's normal pain, bad pain, good pain... take your pick, but sometimes you just gotta go with it no matter what type it is... just take hold of it, embrace it, ask for more and do what you must.

Today I learned more about pain and through it, about myself.

Iron_Spirit
06-20-07, 9:01 pm
No man, woman or thing can summon upon me a greater challenge than those I already put upon myself. These challenges I force upon myself are a preparation for destiny... which I'll meet, sooner or later.

It is when I think of this that I remember the saying: "Treat others as you treat yourself." If I were to follow that saying, people would fear me because I'd be seen as one sadistic motherfucker and if any human were to accept me, he'd be one masochistic lunatic.

I'd force others to become stronger mentally and physically through challenges not only of body but also of spirit and intelligence. Hours of mental and physical strain just to prove one's worth and better one's ability.

What is it about hardship that people so greatly avoid? Remember that happiness cannot exist without sufferment. If you submit yourself to great struggle and strain, then go have a joyful experience, the second will feel way much better than normal, and BOTH experiences will be building blocks for your character and knowledge about yourself.

That is why I welcome AND summon hardship, pain and sufferment. For it will not only build my character but will also allow me to better appreciate life, and it is because of this I say again, NONE can summon upon me a greater challenge than those I already put upon myself.

eblnyc
06-21-07, 12:18 am
killer writings. no bullshit.just fuckin pure and brutal honesty. im lovin it.

Iron_Spirit
06-22-07, 9:00 pm
I am confused or maybe I'm just insane but I love hate. Its like a drug, fuel to my engine, heat to my heart and fire to my eyes.

I love it when hate makes me feel powerful, when it makes the weak fear me. I love how hate makes me unstoppable, how it gives me energy to overcome absolutely any challenge, downfall or deception. Hate makes me reflect my actions and perfect them to reach my goals. But what I love most about hate is that it strips me from all fear, weakness and doubt.

There's only one thing that worries me, and it is hate itself, sometimes I fear that I would be overwhelmed by it and become its personification and never be myself again.

It is true that you can't fire with fire, because if this world hates me, then I will become hate, and then, each time this world would try to stop me... It would only fuel me and make stronger.

Am I this way because I don't feel loved? Maybe, and maybe that's because the world today is stripped of simpathy and solidarity, and I am the end result... the collateral damage of apathy and disdain.

brianjaney
06-23-07, 9:12 am
Strong post bro ... if you aim that hate at mediocrity and slack in your own life and use it as a fuel, gains and progress will be yours, but if you let it become focused at any other one thing or person, it becomes bitterness and poison -- fine line to walk. Encouraged to see someone else is there. Train hard.

Iron_Spirit
06-25-07, 12:42 pm
A fine line to walk, indeed. So we must remain attentive of obstacles that could put us down and if you (or I) ever are to fall from that line, hope to be caught by someone that cares and understands.

Which reminds me to get myself surrounded by people akin to my beliefs.

Iron_Spirit
06-25-07, 12:43 pm
That is how I feel. Underestimated, even in my own eyes. Everytime I see myself lifting, in the mirror or anywhere else, all I can think of is: Weak. Nothing new under the sun, been there... done that.

So I attempt become so insanely great at something good, that they cast me away and catalogue me as too dangerous to follow. Try it out, find a task considered to be 'good' and do it with the utmost of precision and discipline, then just wait and see the mountain of bullshit come over you: "obsessed, mounstruos, inhuman, selfish, vanity, self-centered..." I can go on and on.

I remain underestimated even after battles won, and that's fine with me. Each time I'm treated or seen with disdain, I am given strength, just the spark to help lit this fire and believe me when I say: "My enemies will be burnt". Because they'll see my fire grow, overcome and rise from the shadow and mist, until its so unavoidable that they get burnt.

So I FIGHT, and after I win or lose a battle, I fight some more, until there's nothing left to fight for; because the day that happens, it will be the day I'm six feet below the ground with a steel belt wrapped around my spirit. The belt not of a champion, but of a warrior.

Iron_Spirit
08-12-07, 8:26 pm
I know I'm not alone here when saying that I can be surrounded by people but still feel alone in my experiences, because none of them lives under the same values as I do, none of them understands the struggles I take on... whenever I'm taking up challenges, there is no one there with me backing me up, let these challenges be whatever they may be. None cares if I fail or overcome, if they even happen to know, for them its just a 'given fact' like noticing a bird flies.

I've noticed throughout my life that whenever I meet someone new, I wonder if that person will save me from the loneliness I feel, if I'll finally meet someone that cares... someone climbing this mountain by my side. Then I wonder if a woman like that even exists for me.

Call me negative, but life has made me become more and more convinced that such company simply does not exist, that the only company that will understand is my own, that my savior from solitude is my shadow.

"Friends may come and go, but 200 pounds is always 200 pounds."

Iron_Spirit
08-16-07, 1:28 am
I recently broke up with a girl I had been seeing, me being a man that easily falls for a girl, yes, I admit here... I shed some tears, and may still do, but I don't mind this pain for it is in the name of something good.

What truly hurts is the fact that I can, will and must stop feeling like this for her, the thought of not feeling this affection, hurts. But I will do it, I decided it just before doing my widowmaker set of squats... I hit it so hard I started bleeding from my nose, and I only noticed that because I looked in the mirror.

When the pain I feel inside is greater that any I can feel outside, no matter how difficult the exercise or heavy the weight is... I make an effort worthy of the passion I feel inside.

Life itself is hardcore, we don't need to 'act' hard... Always be on the pursuit of happiness, don't worry about looking for obstacles, life will take care of putting them in front of you.

Iron_Spirit
08-16-07, 1:59 am
http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?p=153748#post153748

Iron_Spirit
08-17-07, 6:35 pm
I will demonstrate that passion and positive thoughts can take me way further than hate and anger, that I can train with more intensity if passion for life is what pushes me.

By NOT making bodybuilding my main objective, I will advance in it more than ever before, because if I take care of the other aspects of my life, it will translate onto all of my activities.

I will share my emotions with others, without being judgmental of others, not everyone in the world is a bodybuilder or an ethic person, but all people have feelings just like any of us.

I am not better than anyone, nor are they than me. We're just different, and sometimes I'm wrong or sometimes they're... that's why there's much that all of us need to learn from each other, and why we need each other.

It is that kind of thoughts that I will take with me to the gym, and outdo any intensity hate can perform. Life is not only hard, but also beautiful.

I'm glad I finally learned that damn lesson. The hard way.

Iron_Spirit
08-29-07, 4:08 pm
For most of the time I am calm and happy, but like I said, that is most of the time, not ALL, for there are times when a man like myself is tempted to raise the black flag, pull out the white sword and start slitting throats.

During times of peace and joy, one must try to make the most of them and enjoy them; but when hardship comes to you, be sure to put on your hockey mask and start the chainsaw, because those challenges that life loads on our back are not to be trivialized or ignored, for they can and will crush a man if they are ignored.

It is only during times of whar that I become enraged and release all the anger I box inside, then teach the world that strength is not something that is given or bought. Explain to the world that I am strong because I have survived and confronted trials of pain, of deceit... of loneliness.

Demonstrate to fate that strength is something you know a bit about... because you've needed it to adapt and overcome during times of pain and struggle.

---------------------------------------------------------

Someone I know said good things don't last forever... then why, I ask, will I be disciplined today, tommorow and in the echoes of my life?

John R. Nocero
09-07-07, 10:46 pm
Make your own way in this world bro. These posts are amazing. at times I think that what really troubles me, is just me being a pussy. Next to losing my seven-year-old son, there is nothing that could kill me, physically or emotionally.

Keep these posts coming, my friend - they fuel the pain and rage inside me as well, the pain and rage to succeed at all costs, no matter the struggle.

- JRN

Iron_Spirit
09-17-07, 1:45 pm
Make your own way in this world bro. These posts are amazing. at times I think that what really troubles me, is just me being a pussy. Next to losing my seven-year-old son, there is nothing that could kill me, physically or emotionally.

Keep these posts coming, my friend - they fuel the pain and rage inside me as well, the pain and rage to succeed at all costs, no matter the struggle.

- JRN

I am sure I could never know how you suffered, but I do know a died a bit inside because of reading what you just posted, dying is what we humans do, but at such young age is just unfair to not get a chance to leave a footprint on this world.

I'll remember this today at the gym, and I will take your pain with me, so it will make me unstoppable and able to lift beyong my bodily limits, for any pain of the body can never surpass the trials of the spirit or the heart; and through this, show the world that someone young DID leave a footprint that'll aid us in achieving our destinies.

"Through the worst we prevail, so our voices will be heard."

Iron_Spirit
09-17-07, 4:58 pm
I wrote before thinking, I see now that your son still lives. I am glad, I guess this shows us how the saying: "We don't know what we have, until we lose it." Holds true.

Vinny G
09-17-07, 5:14 pm
For the past 6 months I had been training at home, but I used up all available exercises, and needed to change a few so I signed up to a gym I used to go, where I saw a couple of hardcore lifters like 3 years ago.

So I went there last monday, and I saw two things, half the gym was trying to flirt with 3 girls, and the other half wasn't doing that because they were too busy talking about the last weekend's fight.

For shit's sake, I saw this guy who was doing 1/3 of the way squats on a smith machine, to top it he was showing off his 'strength' in that exercise and did 1 bullshit set and then went to flirt with some blond chick, and came back 15 min later and did another bullshit set.

I swear to you, I came in and out, did my whole session and some people had barely started their 2nd exercise movement. And the music, FUCK, its some ballad crap, I don't know what goes through the owner's mind putting some happy-happy-joy music while some motherfuckers are trying to die in there.

But still, I need machines to do different exercises, I'm taking my mp3 player and reaping the iron apart, show them what being an animal is all about.

Ipod

feelthepain12
09-17-07, 5:42 pm
Just read through some of this thread and I gotta say man, I admire your spirit and way of thinking. Reminds me a little of myself but more of the people I surround myself with. You've got some pretty awesome inspirational posts on this thread. Just wanted to let you keep it coming strong man.

Iron_Spirit
09-19-07, 10:56 pm
Today I am still, I have no feelings, just emotions that arise because of mental will. My heart doesn't pump any faster for no one and no thing. My objectives are all obtained through methodical thinking and acting.

On this day, time has stopped, everything is repetitive, an endless cycle with no real goal. Just when I think I'm at the top of the mountain, I see a new challenge that I want, not because my spirit or heart needs it to feel complete, rather because of mere rutinary ambition. Today, my goals don't make me a better person or allow me to discover the magic that lives in us or in this world.

Today, the child in me is dissapointed of the status quo, illustrated because of the knowledge of deception, and angry at this masked world... so I hand in control to the machine in me.

That is the only way I'll be able to take on the challenges of today. By getting off the cloud of joy, and putting my feet on ground of cruel reality; and finally moving through it with locomotive intensity.

Iron_Spirit
09-26-07, 5:10 pm
Today I am not a man. I am only an object controlled by my mind. My mind does not listen to my body, whatever I concieve in my mind is what my body must endure.

I am completely focused on the task at hand, I fully commit all my abilities into my challenge; as I do this, my prowess increases and I become a predator of myself... during my moment, challenge, success, trial and failure; no one is better than me, only I exist.

There is no weight, there is no pain, there's only an outcome of my effort. Only one variable exist that changes the outcome of my challenge, and that is my effort. A variable which my mind fully controls.

I decide to do maximum effort, maximum outcome. There are no rules in my battlefield, so I allow hell to be unleashed upon my body... DO OR DIE.

There is no line between insanity and intensity. One summons the other.

Mischief
10-06-07, 3:12 pm
holy shit iron spirit, you and me are one in the same brother! fuck you have just motivated the already motivated. well i guess all i can say is thank you iron_spirit,

strength and
honor,

to the very last breath

Iron_Spirit
10-30-07, 1:43 am
I am at an inflection point, where I can choose to pity myself because of life's obstacles or persevere and keep my head high and shoulders straight...

Sounds like an easy choice, but as I reflect on my life, there's this little throat pain that hurts but, strangely, I like it... that's the part of myself telling me to pity myself because of the circumstances I am in, if I let it grow, it could turn into a very strong pain that could overwhelm my mind. Strange how we humans like emotional pain, like a masochist likes knife cuts... "It hurts but it feels good ... or safe", I'm not sure.

How must I handle this pain? I have no direct answer, but one thing I know. Absolutely no one can make me give up, only me. My logic is simple, the only way I can fail to overcome is if I choose to give up, but if I choose to keep on trying I will overcome eventually.

So which do I want? To overcome... so I try and 'risk' again. Life isn't bigger than me, if it were, I would've been knocked out long ago. But I'm here, standing with my head high and my shoulders square. My heart may cry: "no more", and my body may tell me to surrender, but my spirit shouts: "NEVER!"

Look at me, life, I'm still here, after all the struggle, pain and obstacles; I'm still here trying and bleeding until the day you kill me.

Roland
10-30-07, 3:51 am
Awesome bro, awesome post, keep it comin' man.

Iron_Spirit
10-31-07, 3:57 pm
I don't need nor want this world to give me anything, whatever that is mine I will take by force, I don't expect it to be handed to me nor do I think it is my right to be given what is mine. I have learned that whatever that is mine, I must wrest from the hands of fate with pure determination.

I've become more and more angry at the illusion people give us that they are willing to give something, just to take it away as soon as the road starts getting bumpy. I'd rather be left alone and given nothing, if it all is an illusion, if it only takes the least of difficulties for it to be taken away.

I'd rather be given hate, disdain and indifference, since those are the only things that I've been given that are true and lasting. Better to know who your enemies are, than to think mere spectators are your friends or support.

So I say to the weak: Leave me alone, I will not be mesmerized by your deceit, don't try to trick or convince me of your supposed good will, I know what is true, what is constant in your mind, in your soul... try to trick me and I will take from you everything and leave you crushed, just so you never try that with me again.

Once a fallen man, now an animal, forever a warrior.

Iron_Spirit
11-02-07, 2:11 pm
Sometimes I feel like an unstoppable force. It feels as if I can do anything, so long as my intentions are of supremacy, and my inspiration is to defeat something or someone; then my motivation becomes an endless source of strength.

When I want to defeat a challenge, all I want is the POWER to do it, and I may obtain it by reading books, practicing for hours on end, repeating an endless cycle of rutinary actions, or lifting hundreds of pounds for years on end... I don't care what the necessary actions to achieve higher power are, I go through the motions. That is a truly selfish way of acting, when my motivation comes solely from me wanting to achieve nothing but power...

... and to tell you the truth, I like it... no, I love it. Everyday of my life is a day I have to become more powerful, in every sense of the word. So I'll make the most of my days in this world, until the time comes when they're gonna feel me, feel my power. The day I become a human weapon.

Mischief
11-02-07, 7:39 pm
bro you have no idea how loud you are speaking by just merely typing these words.... and letting us read them.....
strength and honor,

til the very last breath!!!!!

Iron_Spirit
11-23-07, 2:13 pm
There's something about the hard part of life, the one that isn't pretty, that people tend to hide it from others while talking about their achievements. I'm not talking about the activities to complete achievements 'per se', I'm talking about the attitude to overcome, that dark cloud that covers the mind when shit gets hard, when anywhere you look there's nothing but pain and hardship. I'm all about that unspoken attitude all of us have.

I'm not going to tell you that attitude is pretty, but I'll tell you this: It is necessary. I am necessary. We are necessary. Hated and loved. Feared and admired. I and it, exist in this world behind people's words, only in the eyes of the strong.

I can't be forced into acting within social etiquette or categorized into a specific social group. How would they categorize that which they prefer leave unspoken? I am nameless, a beast which does not belong between mortal men... my place will be in valhalla with my kind.

I don't covet any man's life, I know my place all too well, the path has been pointed to me by destiny's malformed hand, but I worry not, I will shape it to fit my beliefs. No matter what circumstances appear in this life that seem to be predestined, I will fight against them if they tend to halt me, I don't care if the very god comes down and points down what I should or shouldn't do, I'll do what I have set in my mind, I will achieve my goals or die trying.

I will cloud my mind and even my soul, with the dark attitude, I will forget about my humanity... my weakness, my strength... and become a beast. I will only allow one thing in my mind: My goal, my challenge... only truth. My eyes will turn red, my hands will turn black, and my head will bow down, not for respect, but to surprise my enemies from below the status quo. And after all is said and done, and enough heads have been put down, I will go back and dissapear into the very darkness that I am, and not be seen or spoken of again, until my darkness is summoned yet another time.

LegendKillerJosh
11-29-07, 3:33 pm
This is the difference between a bodybuilding.com forum member and an ANIMAL. For an animal, bodybuilding is more than an activity, but a lifestyle. Animals take what they've been taught by the weights, such as drive, determination, focus, etc, and apply them to life. Before I discovered the weights I was an average Joe. But what I've learned and been able to apply to other areas of life is what has made me a better person, and not just physically, because that is not as important. I don't party anymore. I study harder and do better in school. I'm more successful at my job. I'm a more respectful and respected person than before. That's why ANIMAL isn't a title for everyone, just the best.

Iron_Spirit
12-04-07, 1:01 am
Censorship... just that word gets me fired up, and I'm seeing it more and more here in the forvm. Threads getting closed for invalid reasons, seeing how the members with influence get certain inmunity and the "Watchers" not having anyone watching over them.

This place isn't about the morals of few, its about the morals of ALL. The morals of Animal. Also, last time I heard, Animal doesn't have religion, so don't come fucking our threads up because someone challenges god, God, a god or The God.

If I think something is wrong, I'll say its wrong. I don't give a shit who gets hit by my rock.

Every man is entitled to his opinion and revolt. Change is the force that makes us evolve, so be sure that our little forvm will change in time, and trying to halt change can't have any good result for those trying to do so.

Iron_Spirit
12-19-07, 5:18 pm
Where I'm from 'Machetero' means someone who doesn't have an innate ability to be good at something, yet he or she practices so hard he/she becomes very proficient at any activity.

'Machetear' means practicing that activity, working hard at it to become better.

Funny how when I was born weak and sick, I probably would've died before I became 1 month old, weren't it for good hospital assistance and will to survive. This little motherfucker wouldn't die, I wasn't ready... I wasn't big enough, so I 'machetee'(worked hard) my way into this world, not even that came easy.

The first time I was called 'Machetero' was by my older brother and sister, since they almost always beat me as a little kid at most things when we just started doing them; but I always stayed late practicing until I became so good they couldn't beat me once.

I don't know if being called a 'Machetero' makes me angry, since that would mean I was born normal or even weaker than normal, like every man out there; or if it makes me happy, since it would mean I'm passionate and consistent.

After thinking about it for a while, I'd say being a 'Machetero' is also an innate ability, how many people can sacrifice their time, effort, pain and heart into a single activity? I'd say that's something you don't really learn through life as you get old, I'd say that's something your born with wired in your brain, or maybe learned as a child through some kind of experience.

What I do know is that not everyone has it and not everyone can learn it as an adult. Honestly, I don't really know why I'm like this, why I'm a Machetero, but one thing I am certain about...

I was born weak but I will die hard.

Never underestimate the small who work hard. They are the ones that want the most to become big, and in this world... the winner is the one that wants it the most.

Iron_Spirit
01-27-08, 5:29 pm
"There's a strange fucking voice that talks to me in my head..."

You know, today I say it and admit it, I'm a borderline insane, just a needle's width away from crossing that line between mental sanity and insanity.

I wish I could say that I'm a genius and that is the explanation for my anormality, but no, I'm no genius, I'm just a mortal man with normal genetics... but extraordinary inner pasion and rage.

Why am I different? I need to know, there's voices telling me that I'm not done yet and there's something left to be done still, then my heart searches for that with inner fire, and I tear myself apart over and over again, mentally, spiritually and physically, until one day only my raw components are all that is left, and maybe then I will know...

I see the faces of destiny everyday in the gym, I see them in the weights; I hear the voices of destiny coming from the challenges; and I FACE THEM in the STRUGGLES... but they never show me the way to truth completely, that enfuriates me and I become passionate in the hunt for answers, enraged in the destruction of obstacles and focused in the clarification of my path.

Still, I don't know my true path, I haven't broken myself into pieces of raw material, I haven't done anything beyond all that is humanly possible, and THAT ENFURIATES ME, but I promise I will achieve all of this before my requiem is played, even if it drives me that step closer to insanity.... or if the process of achieving it is the requiem itself.

Iron_Spirit
03-07-08, 11:51 am
Who are you to me?
You are only a man, a human being, vulnerable and mortal. When you sit, you do not affect me, when you sleep, you do not exist to me.

Then... when is it that you mean something to me?
When you think, you give me way for planning and criteria.
When you dream, you grant me hope, goals and faith.
When you act, you give me results and progress.
When you feel, you give me life.

When you live human virtues and values, you give me meaning, goals for the soul and a place in this life.

I plead to you, my friend, do not live empty experiences, and do live all the experiences you can with a mature and profound eye, in order to learn from them all, the joyful and the hard ones.

You, my, are me.
Do it for me, and I promise we will soar through life and live forever.

Iron_Spirit
03-24-08, 2:56 pm
We are all born equal into this world, maybe some slight differences here and there, but all in all, we are all humans with the same potential to be as weak, strong or smart as any human can be.

The way I see it, there's a flag of victory far away, I can't see it, but I know its there, and between me and that flag there are thousands of obstacles, let it be men, mountains, caves. Yet the only tools I have to get there, to my flag, is my one body.

As I walk towards my flag, I see the dead bodies of men who have tried this before, warning me of the perils yet to come, but I do not weaver, I stand tall and push forwards.

What is the REAL difference between me and the men who have tried an failed before? NONE. Its all in my spirit. That is what makes this body and mind continue when it should have stopped much ago. That is the fuel for this machine.

My spirit is what has made this body and mind what it is today. That is the one infinite and immortal part of me that can take this body and mind to greatness in eternity. That is what can make such a small thing, like me, into someone great.

So now, I will listen to my spirit, act with my heart, and proceed with my mind in order to achieve with my actions.

After all... that is all I REALLY own: My Spirit. Everything else is just stuff.

Iron_Spirit
04-09-08, 1:50 pm
Sometimes my weird logic takes me into the strangest of conclusions, but here's one conclusion I've come to...

Animals for example, when talking in terms of the food chain, I ask myself this: "which animal is the one in the least of danger?" And I think its the predator, because it is the one who feels safer, since there is no danger of another animal hunting it to eat it.

Using that logic, when I feel threatened by something or someone, that is the position I take on: I become the predator. No matter what the threat is, I become its predator, so that way I feel safe and then the attacker becomes the attacked.

In the weight room, I become the predator of myself, since the only threat there is me, I am the only one that can halt my success there, weakness and fear are my threat, so I become its predator by turning into a Lunatic, proceeding with actions that only a mad man would do: withstanding and inflicting huge amounts of pain on myself through controlled exercise.

I become a pure predator and the victim in me disappears, because I hunt the victim in me, but I don't kill it... I convert it into my support and strength, the remembrance of pain, fear and suffering become part of my motivation to keep on moving and hunting, to advance and learn from those mistakes.

My logic may be weird, and my conclusions may take my mind and body into perilous grounds, but there is an objective in my madness, to become a better man by overcoming any type of fear and weakness, my enemies.

Iron_Spirit
06-28-08, 3:57 am
"Failure is Success", that's a way of thinking I take everywhere. Why? One would ask. Well, its simple.

The only way for me to become better is by doing my absolute best effort in an activity and failing to perform it completely. For it is only trough mistakes and failures that I can adapt to a harder ambient and get one step closer to greatness.

For me, winning in anything just means I gotta push the envelope, get involved in something harder, until I lose, then is when the challenge starts.

Strength does not come from winning, it comes from holding on when everything else tells you to give up.

sazali samad
06-29-08, 8:27 pm
when im in the gym.i don't know whether im just a poser or real hardcore about lift weight.evrytime i hit gym.and lift heavy weight just to change my body people always staring at me like im just show off my strength.but that what i do in the gym.i lift as heavy as possible just to gain more weight of my body.they don't know anything about that.just come to gym and flirt other girls.fuck that.

shizz702
06-29-08, 8:46 pm
I'm feeling that predator logic! Good way to put things in perspective!

Iron_Spirit
07-30-08, 9:39 pm
I am ashamed of myself, I have betrayed my best friend with a woman. As I reflect upon it, what I notice is that I was not true to myself from the start, and that lead to my situation today, one lie led to another... the first lie was to myself, as I thought... "Calm down, nothing is gonna happen".

I have thought about several selfish solutions, like not telling him ever, calling her off, calling both of them off, waiting for shit to calm down. But as I seat here, thinking, I realize that the only way to save myself from myself is by doing precisely the contrary of what started this problem, being honest with myself and letting every action I do to solve this, derive from there.

I will probably lose my best friend, she probably is not the "one" for me and end up splitting up, and I will end up alone, but such are the consequences of my actions and I will accept them, because that is the only way I can live with myself, and walk with my head straight.

The lesson: Always be true to yourself, and make all your actions flow from there. Because the first person you betray when you act weakly or cowardly is yourself.

Iron_Spirit
11-09-09, 10:21 pm
Just wanna say I'm still training, never stopped, never will. I have a long road to walk, and I'll walk it carrying my newborn son in one arm, and holding my wife with the other.

I've been and am going through some hard shit recently, mainly due to my fault, but I see beauty in the horizon from the horrid land I currently stand on; I'll keep my eye on that beauty and my legs moving forward, no matter what... it ain't only about me anymore

craig028
11-09-09, 10:32 pm
wow man some great posts ,keeps me focused and hungry

Iron_Spirit
04-14-10, 7:15 pm
Where does truth lie?

It is my believe that truth does not lie in our words, it comes in our actions, they are the only real truth we can manifest.

Each time we have a chance to grasp the iron in our hands, hold it on our backs or push it with our extremities, it is a chance to manifest a true statement to ourselves and our peers; because ...

... when we strive through pain, we dig out a statement of power of will
... when we battle with routines that push us to our physical and mental limits, we push through a statement of strength
... every day we choose to follow this way of life, we manifest a true statement of courage & discipline.

I love this sport, because its a way to manifest truth in its purest form every day, every rep & every meal.

Iron_Spirit
05-11-10, 7:31 pm
Haha... LAY! not LIE! OMG, lol. So sorry... horrible mistake.

Where does truth LAY!!!