PDA

View Full Version : Animal Nitro FAQ #2: How does Nitro compare to whey?

focused
05-02-07, 12:58 am
URep, i'm following your lead brother. I've seen many questions like this lately and concerning nitro.

"You really can't compare whey protein and Animal Nitro. You would use each for different reasons. Whey provides basic aminos needed by the body to function properly. In this way, whey is a general supplement. Animal Nitro, on the other hand, is a very targeted supplement. Animal Nitro is more efficient and it can help promote anabolism. It should be used pre- and post-training specifically (though it can also be used throughout the day). According to some unpublished results, researchers noted that essential amino acids were incorporated into protein, not catabolized. On the other hand, when 40g of whey protein was ingested, urea production increased significantly. Urea is the chief nitrogenous waste of mammals. In short, a lot of whey protein can ultimately turn into a waste product, urea, whereas essential aminos are used by the body. Efficiency is one difference. The other main difference is that essential aminos in 'uncoupled' forms can exert specific pharmacological and physiological benefits."

You can also find LOTS of other good Nitro info here:
http://www.animalpak.com/html/article_details.cfm?ID=180

Hoomgar
02-07-08, 12:26 pm
Nitro also doesn't contain any protein right?

krazyassmexican
02-07-08, 12:33 pm

from what i know
when your body breaksdown protein it turns on aminoacids

nitro has aminoacids so in my opinion nitro is protein

Universal Rep
02-07-08, 12:39 pm

See now "protein" is an iffy word. Nitro contains free form amino acids. EAAs to be exact.

Hoomgar
02-07-08, 1:26 pm
from what i know
when your body breaksdown protein it turns on aminoacids

nitro has aminoacids so in my opinion nitro is protein

See now "protein" is an iffy word. Nitro contains free form amino acids. EAAs to be exact.

See I'm learning. I didn't know that. I saw it says "Human Protein Complex" and I was looking at it's profile trying to find the protein... like a rookie :)

Thanks guys.

No matter what, I'm hooked. Nitro going into the Gym and Torrent coming back out. I wont do it any other way now unless I find something even better.

FireFighter85
09-19-08, 12:37 am
When your body digests food, including protein it breaks it down into simpler forms so it can absorb what it needs. Nitro is just straight amino acids, which would be the simplest form and wouldn't need to be broken down to be absorbed. Correct me if I'm wrong...

NickSP
09-19-08, 12:58 am
When your body digests food, including protein it breaks it down into simpler forms so it can absorb what it needs. Nitro is just straight amino acids, which would be the simplest form and wouldn't need to be broken down to be absorbed. Correct me if I'm wrong...

Exactly. Just like any carbs you take in will eventually be broken down to glucose, protein gets broken down to aminos. Protein is many amino acids bonded together...Nitro is the amino acids without the bonds..."free form." Nitro is not really protein. It's like getting the pieces of a car, instead of buying a new one and having to take it apart in order to get the pieces you need.

lucaitavi
09-08-09, 2:40 pm
Generally I take a posto-WO shake (whey+malto+creatine+glutamine). If I have to choose is better a shake post-WO or a Nitro? I ask this because I start to lift at 5.20 PM and I finish more or less at 6.10 PM, then I have dinner 1 hour later (7.30 PM).. it's difficult to me to take Nitro, shake post-WO and then dinner.. If I take only Nitro without take a shake post-WO is good enough?
Thanks from Italy!

Lightnin'
09-10-09, 5:29 pm
Should I take Nitro with fruit juice or does water do the trick just as well?

Angst
09-10-09, 9:58 pm
Generally I take a posto-WO shake (whey+malto+creatine+glutamine). If I have to choose is better a shake post-WO or a Nitro? I ask this because I start to lift at 5.20 PM and I finish more or less at 6.10 PM, then I have dinner 1 hour later (7.30 PM).. it's difficult to me to take Nitro, shake post-WO and then dinner.. If I take only Nitro without take a shake post-WO is good enough?
Thanks from Italy!

If you are bulking then I think a protein shake and then a whole food meal within one and a half hour post workout should be enough. Again I believe whole food and can a surplus of calories is better than aminos alone. You may want to consider taking NItro first thing in the morning on an empty stomach.

Should I take Nitro with fruit juice or does water do the trick just as well?

I use to take Nitro with grape juice first thing post workout, followed by a protein shake. It worked pretty well. I feel Nitro with juice works well when you are bulking, but you will still experience great results by taking it with water.

One of my all time favorite intra workout drinks is EAA Nitro with creatine mono or Storm. Because the creatine gives you strength and endurance, the aminos keeps you anti-catabolic, and the dextrose gives you a good pump and energy. Not to mention this is one of the most cost-effective intra workout drinks you can buy. Basic stuff that really works.

Dingo
09-10-09, 10:14 pm
I use to take Nitro with grape juice first thing post workout, followed by a protein shake. It worked pretty well. I feel Nitro with juice works well when you are bulking, but you will still experience great results by taking it with water.

One of my all time favorite intra workout drinks is EAA Nitro with creatine mono or Storm. Because the creatine gives you strength and endurance, the aminos keeps you anti-catabolic, and the dextrose gives you a good pump and energy. Not to mention this is one of the most cost-effective intra workout drinks you can buy. Basic stuff that really works.
I'm with ya on the basics.
I use EAA Stack, its cheaper in its 1000gm container, it breaks down to 135 servings for 67$. Anyway i use the EAA stack with gatorade bulk powder, 8$ for the big can at wal mart.
its just as effective as EAA Nitro (i've used both, even back when it was Nitro G).

Lightnin'
09-11-09, 1:50 pm
Thanks fellas. I'll try it with the juice. Also, do you take one nitro before and one after? I am just taking one after.

Universal Rep
09-11-09, 1:55 pm
Thanks fellas. I'll try it with the juice. Also, do you take one nitro before and one after? I am just taking one after.

You can do both, but if only taking it once, after is just fine.

C.Coronato
09-11-09, 1:57 pm

I take one in the AM when i wake up, then one Post workout.

lucaitavi
09-11-09, 2:47 pm
If you are bulking then I think a protein shake and then a whole food meal within one and a half hour post workout should be enough. Again I believe whole food and can a surplus of calories is better than aminos alone. You may want to consider taking NItro first thing in the morning on an empty stomach.

Ok I understood. In alternative I can take Nitro immediatly post-WO and whey 15 min after...and 1 hour later have a dinner...this is a good way?

Wasteland
09-11-09, 2:49 pm
Ok I understood. In alternative I can take Nitro immediatly post-WO and whey 15 min after...and 1 hour later have a dinner...this is a good way?

This could work, yes. Though if it were me, I'd probably add some carbs to the whey protein.

Lightnin'
09-14-09, 8:47 pm
I take one in the AM when i wake up, then one Post workout.

Why one in the AM?

30 minutes before breakfast?

Hoomgar
09-15-09, 12:45 pm
Why one in the AM?

30 minutes before breakfast?

yes sir before you eat anything. It's a great way to get a nice hit of free form amino's into your system right away as you start the day. Helps prevent any muscle waisting.

Hg

Lightnin'
09-16-09, 2:54 pm
Wow, ok I'll try that. Do you drink your shake about 30 min after?

C.Coronato
09-16-09, 3:00 pm
Wow, ok I'll try that. Do you drink your shake about 30 min after?

I do not have a post workout shake. But you can have it immediately after your Nitro, that would be ok.

J-Dawg
09-16-09, 3:43 pm
yes sir before you eat anything. It's a great way to get a nice hit of free form amino's into your system right away as you start the day. Helps prevent any muscle waisting.

Hg

I like this concept. I'm a big fan of getting something fast absorbing into your system upon waking. With Nitro you can leave a pack by the bedside along with a bottle of water. Pop the pills upon waking and get yourself ready for the day. First meal should come shortly thereafter.

Razor
01-05-10, 1:11 pm
See I'm learning. I didn't know that. I saw it says "Human Protein Complex" and I was looking at it's profile trying to find the protein... like a rookie :)

Thanks guys.

No matter what, I'm hooked. Nitro going into the Gym and Torrent coming back out. I wont do it any other way now unless I find something even better.

ive been going at this the wrong way...i was always told to take 40g of whey protein in a shake postWO since we want anabolism to kick in asap. Reading through these posts, it sound like Nitro will do the same but without the fat in milk or other ingredients. Is this true? i'm just now learning about Nitro so be gentle fellas. LOL

Universal Rep
01-05-10, 1:17 pm
ive been going at this the wrong way...i was always told to take 40g of whey protein in a shake postWO since we want anabolism to kick in asap. Reading through these posts, it sound like Nitro will do the same but without the fat in milk or other ingredients. Is this true? i'm just now learning about Nitro so be gentle fellas. LOL

Free form (uncoupled) essential aminos are much more efficient than intact proteins like whey. They're absorbed faster and elicit a greater anabolic response. It's why you don't need as much... 6g will do ya, accordin' to the science. Which is why Nitro is dosed the "whey" it is, hahahaha....

Razor
01-05-10, 1:23 pm
Free form (uncoupled) essential aminos are much more efficient than intact proteins like whey. They're absorbed faster and elicit a greater anabolic response. It's why you don't need as much... 6g will do ya, accordin' to the science. Which is why Nitro is dosed the "whey" it is, hahahaha....

AWesome &%^$! Guess i can ditch the whey shakes now and all that money spent on them! Thanks U!

trapit
03-17-10, 8:10 pm
I take cuts first thing in the morning upon waking, is nitro good to go alongside my cuts first thing? is Nitro good to have while on a cut?

C.Coronato
03-18-10, 9:55 am
I take cuts first thing in the morning upon waking, is nitro good to go alongside my cuts first thing? is Nitro good to have while on a cut?

Yes i usually take Cuts as soon as i wake, and maybe 15 mins later, right as im walking in to do cardio, i take a Nitro. It is great on a cut.

ndbell
03-18-10, 11:18 pm
Great stuff on Nitro here.

For me I wanna bulk up.
I intend to use Pak, Stak, and Nitro.
I weigh just 86kg and stand 196cm or 6foot 5inches.
My blood type is O- and I eat mostly a high protein diet with lots of fruit and vedge but less of (rice)carbs.
I gotta real fast Metabolism.
The other thing is I WO in the early mornings usually between 7 and 9am. Lower body today and upper Tomorrow, pattern/ routine.
NOW I eat asap for breakfast, drink a shake (2scoops of Real Gains with water)take Stak pre WO, and Nitro post WO
When should I eat and consume everything?
What should I change to get gaining better?
And can I go without the Real Gains?

cheers all.

felipelpr
10-21-10, 6:43 am
After nitro post workout, how long should I wait for a SOLID MEAL?
30 or 45 minutes?
I may seem a little dumbass here, but I want to be sure that I wait the exactly amount of time to eat a solid meal and not waste my NITRO intake.

Animal Rep
10-27-10, 3:33 pm
Great stuff on Nitro here.

For me I wanna bulk up.
I intend to use Pak, Stak, and Nitro.
I weigh just 86kg and stand 196cm or 6foot 5inches.
My blood type is O- and I eat mostly a high protein diet with lots of fruit and vedge but less of (rice)carbs.
I gotta real fast Metabolism.
The other thing is I WO in the early mornings usually between 7 and 9am. Lower body today and upper Tomorrow, pattern/ routine.
NOW I eat asap for breakfast, drink a shake (2scoops of Real Gains with water)take Stak pre WO, and Nitro post WO
When should I eat and consume everything?
What should I change to get gaining better?
And can I go without the Real Gains?

cheers all.

Pak with Breakfast.
Nitro post workout.
Real Gains any time throughout the day.

After nitro post workout, how long should I wait for a SOLID MEAL?
30 or 45 minutes?
I may seem a little dumbass here, but I want to be sure that I wait the exactly amount of time to eat a solid meal and not waste my NITRO intake.

No more than an hour. If it falls 30-45 mins thats ok. Dont worry so much about it, just get that shit in.

felipelpr
10-29-10, 2:11 pm
thanks, bro!

I'm thinking about increase my nitro dosage.
From 3 packs ( 1 pre, 1 intra, 1 post)
to 5 packs ( 1 pre, 2 intra, 2 post)

My train is a little bit long.
What do you guys think?

Animal Rep
11-19-10, 10:35 am
thanks, bro!

I'm thinking about increase my nitro dosage.
From 3 packs ( 1 pre, 1 intra, 1 post)
to 5 packs ( 1 pre, 2 intra, 2 post)

My train is a little bit long.
What do you guys think?

Thats a good amount. It would work fine, or you can look into Intra-Aid, which is specific for during training.

felipelpr
03-10-11, 12:32 pm
Thats a good amount. It would work fine, or you can look into Intra-Aid, which is specific for during training.

But wouldn't intra aid compete with the aminos in Nitro? As far as I know we lifters do not want that.
Thanks for the input, Animal Rep!

Bruiser
03-10-11, 12:47 pm
Yes i usually take Cuts as soon as i wake, and maybe 15 mins later, right as im walking in to do cardio, i take a Nitro. It is great on a cut.

You're right. Nitro (or any aminos) are great for a cut. I find that with more aminos in my body, I don't need to eat as much for the proteins. I've actually seen new growth since recently upping them again.

I don't take Nitro though, I had trouble with it when I took it. No matter how much water I washed it down with, it would come back up on me. I think because it's all capsule form, and I take a lot of digestiove enzymes, that the capsules were disolving too fast. So now I take Universal BCAA 2000, Amino 1900 and Uni-Liver. This amino stack has given me far better results.

cbass
04-13-13, 1:51 pm
I am new to using nitro. my main question is. If i take a dose 45 mins before my workout on an empty stomach. can i still take my pre-work out right after?

ricardomacedo13
08-07-15, 8:53 am
I'm confused about Essential Aminos and Whey Protein.
Based on the answers in this thread, what do you guys think about this pre, intra and post workout plan?

Pre:
- 1pack of Animal Nitro
- 1 scoop of Juiced Aminos

Intra:
- 2 scoops of Juiced Aminos

- 5-10gr of Creatine
- 5-10gr of Glutamine

(Sorry for my mediocre english ;) )

Animal
08-07-15, 10:00 am
I'm confused about Essential Aminos and Whey Protein.
Based on the answers in this thread, what do you guys think about this pre, intra and post workout plan?

Pre:
- 1pack of Animal Nitro

Intra:
- 2 scoops of Juiced Aminos

- 5-10gr of Creatine
- 5-10gr of Glutamine

(Sorry for my mediocre english ;) )

Whey protein contains all the essential amino acids (EAA). The EAA in whey protein, however, are not "free form". When you use free form aminos, like those found in Animal Juiced Aminos and Animal Nitro, you can manipulate the amounts and ratios. There is a strong body of scientific research that has looked at the anabolic benefits of certain doses and ratios of EAA.

ricardomacedo13
08-07-15, 3:05 pm
thanks ;)