PDA

View Full Version : Gyms in Philly

xcrockettx
05-04-07, 7:47 pm
Hey whatsup fellas, im moving to philly in a few weeks and im gonna need a new gym. Wheres the spot in philly?

BigAnt
05-04-07, 7:53 pm
Hey whatsup fellas, im moving to philly in a few weeks and im gonna need a new gym. Wheres the spot in philly?

Where in Philly>?

Hard core in South Philly...Body World on Passyunk ave...above a transmission shop!

Hard--HARD CORE!

xcrockettx
05-04-07, 8:16 pm
thanks.....a friend of mine actually works out there, im gonna be more to the northeast side of philly, but if its a hardcore spot i dont mind makin the drive somewhere

Toni69
05-05-07, 5:56 am
I knew BigAnt would be on top of this one!

BigAnt
05-06-07, 11:19 pm
thanks.....a friend of mine actually works out there, im gonna be more to the northeast side of philly, but if its a hardcore spot i dont mind makin the drive somewhere

Where in the near Noth east...Rt-1 95?

BigDaddy21
05-06-07, 11:34 pm
Use to be in Mayfair in the NE but im in jersey till 21 ...when im back in NE philly for good ill be signing some body world papers. I think us
"philtha-delphians" train the hardest.....i thinkkkkkk.
philly love, peace.

Grim Tavis
05-07-07, 1:59 pm
I was in Philly last November for work. I stayed in this old, fancy hotel downtown and it had a huge gym attached to it. It was on top of the parkade, but wow...it had a lot of gear. Mainly fancy cardio stuff, but it also had a basketball court and well, heck...lots of stuff. Not hard core by any means, but a very fancy gym. Just can't recall the name of it.

Shark
05-07-07, 9:46 pm
I'm from Mayfair in NE Philly. I used to drive to this gym in Feasterville PA. Its up Bustleton Ave. From Mayfair its about 10 minutes. Place is in a back alleyway. A former Mr.Universe owns it. It's a total dungeon. Place is called..... well now I can't remember. There is a Supermarket on the corner of Street road and Bustleton. Its behind the supermarket in the alley. It's basically in the basement of the supermarket.

Maybe someone on here knows what the place is called. My mind is shot right now. But it was a hardcore place when I used to go.

BigAnt
05-08-07, 2:01 am
I'm from Mayfair in NE Philly. I used to drive to this gym in Feasterville PA. Its up Bustleton Ave. From Mayfair its about 10 minutes. Place is in a back alleyway. A former Mr.Universe owns it. It's a total dungeon. Place is called..... well now I can't remember. There is a Supermarket on the corner of Street road and Bustleton. Its behind the supermarket in the alley. It's basically in the basement of the supermarket.

Maybe someone on here knows what the place is called. My mind is shot right now. But it was a hardcore place when I used to go.

Is this it?

xcrockettx
05-09-07, 9:02 pm
Im pretty sure the gym Shark was talking about is Greg Longs gym....and its still open.

Shark
05-10-07, 3:15 pm
There you go. I used to go to the fucking place and couldn't remember what it was called. I kept thinking "longs" but I knew thats just what I called it. I forgot if it was actually called Long's or not.

Anyways when I went the rates were damn cheap and the hours were pretty good. The reason I say, "When I went" is because as most of us know, gyms can go to shit in no time flat. You can go to a hardcore place, leave for a year and come back and the place is filled with spandex bodysuit wearing steppersizer "dudes".

Big Wides
05-10-07, 8:31 pm
another animal in the philly area, thats what i like to hear

G Diesel
05-19-10, 8:42 am
Greg Long's, Body World and Fit Gym in Philly are no doubt three of the best. Legit ABC gyms that I would recommend to anybody who takes their training seriously.

Peace, G

Fit Gym: http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=31453
Greg Longs Gym: http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=31443