PDA

View Full Version : G Diesel's Pancake

G Diesel
05-15-07, 1:05 pm
Nothing revolutionary... But born out of desperation comes brilliance. I am so sick of chicken, steak and tuna, I needed a new way to get in my clean calories. A little something to add some variety. Inspired by something I ate in passing recently, I blended this up, my lady cooked it, and it is slamming. Think of a clean banana bread.

5-6 egg whites
1 cup of oats
1 whole ripe banana
2 packets equal or splenda
1 tsp cinnamon

Blend the ingredients into a pancake-like paste in the Magic Bullet or similar food processor or blender. This should make two decent sized pancakes. Pour the batter into a moderately heated pan coated in cooking spray. Cook as you normally would a typical pancake. Peace, G

StockRock
05-15-07, 1:10 pm
hows that taste G?

G Diesel
05-15-07, 1:11 pm
hows that taste G?

Awesome bro... Delicious and you feel like you are eating good, clean fuel. Peace, G

StockRock
05-15-07, 1:14 pm
Thats what i like to hear man. Clean eatin', great taste sounds like a success. I will be trying that when I get home.

billmd1334
05-15-07, 1:29 pm
awesome bro... I've been craving pancakes lately, this is perfect for someone cutting.

Ricky P
05-15-07, 1:31 pm
G, each time I take one of your recipes from here I expect nothing but goodness and I've yet to be dissapointed. I'll be sure to whip these up this coming weekend.

Toni69
05-15-07, 1:41 pm
I want pancakes so bad right now..Im saving this one..Thank you G...man of many talents I see. ;)

G Diesel
05-15-07, 1:43 pm
I want pancakes so bad right now..Im saving this one..Thank you G...man of many talents I see. ;)

You're the recipe queen, Toni... Any diet suggestions I post are in homage to the standard you have set for bodybuilding culinary innovation. Peace, G

Rooster
05-15-07, 1:52 pm
I need to start printing these out and making a easy reference book. I think even my nagging wife might like these.

Peace

JMC
05-15-07, 3:17 pm
Definitely saving this one! Pancakes....mmmmmmm........

ironshaolin
05-15-07, 3:28 pm
I gotta try that one. I have a recipe for pancakes I use during bulking:
whole wheat pancake mix, oats, 2 scoops protein powder, fruit, walnuts. Whisk together, cook like G's pancakes. Pretty similar, only I use powder instead of egg whites, but I think I will try yours. Who said eating for bulking/cutting had to be boring?

k1usa
05-15-07, 3:36 pm
Like this bro....got me right before lunch...now Im foaming at the mouth!!!!....its a healthy foam though.....

naturalguy
05-15-07, 3:39 pm
Add a little sugar free syrup on top and you'll be golden

Freakshow
05-15-07, 3:58 pm
Right on G. Already had breakfast today, but these are on the list for tmw AM.

DMH56308
05-15-07, 4:15 pm
Spread some skippy natty on top...and its done! Can't wait for breakfast tomorrow!

TufffGuY
05-15-07, 4:32 pm
This is definitely being made this weekend, thanks for the recipe G.

TufffGuY
05-15-07, 6:10 pm
But I think I will have to add some Natural Peanut Butter on top of this, YUMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!

Toni69
05-17-07, 5:46 am
Sorta funny story for you...my son, he is 8, soon to be 9, right. He loves my famous pancakes that I usually make sundays for breakfast. So, this morning he surprisingly asked me for pancakes for breakfast. I stood there for a second and said sure, wanna try something different though? He was like what do you have in mind mom?..with that face..that questionable kid face..like is this gonna suck? I said to him, dont give me that look, have I ever served you food you didnt like? He actually took a moment to think about about it and then said Yea! Scrambled eggs! I hate eggs! I said ok..its not eggs..just wait.

Now, I cant eat pancakes now, but was thinking about your recipe here and said to myself..I am gonna test try it on my son today.

I made them, they were perfect as far as perfect pancakes go. I drizzled some honey on them, (cause he likes that), sliced some melon, put it on the side with his vitamin...and served the master.

I walked off, but peeked around the corner to watch him. He is very meticulous, like me, in how he does things..very routine, like me, as well.

So, I had to be patient and wait a few minutes till he actually started digging in. He took his first bite and he really savored it, you know..like a food critic or something. I walked back in the kitchen. Maybe 6min went by and he comes in with an empty plate and asks, hey mom, you got more of those new pancakes? They are really good.

I had to make him another batch! He ate 5! He is surely gonna be all buffed up today! Thanks G Man!

J-Dawg
05-17-07, 9:52 am
Sorta funny story for you...my son, he is 8, soon to be 9, right. He loves my famous pancakes that I usually make sundays for breakfast. So, this morning he surprisingly asked me for pancakes for breakfast. I stood there for a second and said sure, wanna try something different though? He was like what do you have in mind mom?..with that face..that questionable kid face..like is this gonna suck? I said to him, dont give me that look, have I ever served you food you didnt like? He actually took a moment to think about about it and then said Yea! Scrambled eggs! I hate eggs! I said ok..its not eggs..just wait.

Now, I cant eat pancakes now, but was thinking about your recipe here and said to myself..I am gonna test try it on my son today.

I made them, they were perfect as far as perfect pancakes go. I drizzled some honey on them, (cause he likes that), sliced some melon, put it on the side with his vitamin...and served the master.

I walked off, but peeked around the corner to watch him. He is very meticulous, like me, in how he does things..very routine, like me, as well.

So, I had to be patient and wait a few minutes till he actually started digging in. He took his first bite and he really savored it, you know..like a food critic or something. I walked back in the kitchen. Maybe 6min went by and he comes in with an empty plate and asks, hey mom, you got more of those new pancakes? They are really good.

I had to make him another batch! He ate 5! He is surely gonna be all buffed up today! Thanks G Man!

Haha, nice story Toni. If you're son gives it the seal of approval, it's good enough for me. I'll be trying them out this weekend.
Nice recipe G.

G Diesel
05-17-07, 12:24 pm
Haha, nice story Toni. If you're son gives it the seal of approval, it's good enough for me. I'll be trying them out this weekend.
Nice recipe G.

Exactly... That is the highest compliment. If it is good enough for the discerning 9 year old pallette, it must taste pretty damn good. Peace, G

gnoll5
05-17-07, 2:36 pm
had me some G Diesel pancakes for my before bed snack. pretty damn good but definitely not going to be a pre-bed snack anymore; holy crap i was bursting!! three large pancakes and i was done, all this three hours after a large steak dinner.

focused
05-17-07, 2:46 pm
Yo G! Great stuff, i just had some as a snack not to long ago. I didn't even bother puttin it in a blender or anything, just mixed with a spoon and poured 'em into the pan. They cooked well, and tasted even better with some good ol natty pb on top.

ironshaolin
05-17-07, 3:27 pm
I've eaten these the last 2 days, and I must say they rule. I use 2 whole eggs and 4 egg whites to get some of the vitamins and nutrients the yolk contains. I'm gonna use this as a palate. You could make blueberry pancakes, add some walnuts, throw a scoop of protein powder on top, one thing I find makes it real good is add a dash of vanilla extract. MMMM MMMM, BITCH!

Brute Strength
05-17-07, 6:22 pm
Nothing revolutionary... But born out of desperation comes brilliance. I am so sick of chicken, steak and tuna, I needed a new way to get in my clean calories. A little something to add some variety. Inspired by something I ate in passing recently, I blended this up, my lady cooked it, and it is slamming. Think of a clean banana bread.

5-6 egg whites
1 cup of oats
1 whole ripe banana
1 tsp cinnamon

Blend the ingredients into a pancake-like paste in the Magic Bullet or similar food processor or blender. This should make two decent sized pancakes. Pour the batter into a moderately heated pan coated in cooking spray. Cook as you normally would a typical pancake. Peace, G

Ima try it on Saturday.

Ricky P
05-19-07, 10:59 am
Just made myself about 5 of these pancakes. I'm not a real pancake kind of guy, these were a little thinner the way I made them so they didn't fill me up right away like a typical pancake. My mom used to make them real thick.. I liked the banana twist to it also - I enjoyed it. Also used some PB and J on there, added some good flavor.

ChrisG
05-19-07, 11:02 am
I'll have to try these out.. sound's really good. I'm a horrible cook but I think I can handle making a few pancakes.. if not I'll get one of the females to coach me through it lol

ace21
05-19-07, 9:11 pm
Gonna treat myself tommorrow morning...good work G

o2
05-22-07, 11:57 pm
Cooked these this morning! Damn good. I even forgot the splenda, I liked the hearty taste. Thanks for sharing!

gnoll5
05-23-07, 2:38 pm
had me some more of these bad boys; they rock! any idea on the nutritional values anyone? a word to the wise: make sure you wash or rinse out the blender/mixer whatever after; this shit dries like concrete!! no wonder its a mass builder!!

G Diesel
05-23-07, 3:03 pm
Obviously these are all approximations...

Per 2 pancakes (the listed recipe):

320 calories
20-25g of protein
50g of carbs

Peace, G

loiacanoa
05-24-07, 11:18 am
G these pancakes are awesome. Just finished em. Since I read this thread yesterday I couldn't wait for breakfast. My mom looked questionable about them but i let her try a bite and she liked it. gunna go wash down the pak now.

krazyassmexican
05-24-07, 11:26 am
i am cuttin 4 the first time in my life
and the temptations r too high sometimes i wanna cheat so bad
i think this will be a pimpin fix

BamBam
05-24-07, 4:25 pm
Damn dude...I ate some of yo' pancakes this morning...WOW, this is some good stuff dude. You all need like an Animal "cookbook" so to speak. Put all your recipes from like pre-contest and off-season stuff and have like Wrath's section, and G-Diesel's Section, etc. That way it helps guys out with their diets when they wanna mix it up but they stay true to a diet. It would sell like 'hotcakes' hahaha (I had to).

Thanks for the recipe.

ironshaolin
05-24-07, 4:40 pm
I've actually been eating these several times a week since G first posted the thread, experimenting with different stuff. Like, putting some whole eggs in instead of just whites, different fruit, no fruit, today I did them with 1/2 scoop chocolate whey and some dried blueberries. I don't think I used enough oats, tho, they came out a bit runny and it made them come out real thin. Also all the blueberries sank to the bottom, so only my last pancake had them at it had them all but that was definately the best one. I think I might try throwing some frozen berries in the magic bullet with them, maybe a slice of cheesecake or something I dunno there's so many possibilities.

krazyassmexican
05-24-07, 4:49 pm
damn that's a great idea too i'm gonna start tryin them this weekend since i'm gonna have time to cook otherwise my mom will have to do them (she already does to much for me)
I've actually been eating these several times a week since G first posted the thread, experimenting with different stuff. Like, putting some whole eggs in instead of just whites, different fruit, no fruit, today I did them with 1/2 scoop chocolate whey and some dried blueberries. I don't think I used enough oats, tho, they came out a bit runny and it made them come out real thin. Also all the blueberries sank to the bottom, so only my last pancake had them at it had them all but that was definately the best one. I think I might try throwing some frozen berries in the magic bullet with them, maybe a slice of cheesecake or something I dunno there's so many possibilities.

SDR
05-24-07, 5:09 pm
tried it today with just the oats and egg whites, apart from me not knowing how to make good pancakes they came out alrite, even added some peanut butter and honey on top of them.

thanks G Diesel, I now have something to eat on instead of the usual methods of oats & eggs.

BamBam
05-25-07, 2:55 am
maybe a slice of cheesecake or something I dunno there's so many possibilities.

That'a boy...I just never thought cheesecake and bodybuilding and or powerlifting mixed? Oh well, hell, pancakes and cheesecake...why not?

JMC
05-25-07, 3:38 pm
Got off work early and just finished my first batch of G's pancakes! Good shit as far as cakes go. I used some whole eggs as well. Thought it wouldn't fit in the bullet but sure enough it all did.

Bam Bam
06-01-07, 1:08 am
Damn G, those pancakes hit the spot. I whipped some up for breakfast this morning, sat at the table and devoured them. My dad kept looking at me strangely because I kept going hmm, hmmmm between bites. Good shit that may become a staple in my diet.

BamBam
06-01-07, 1:29 am
I agree...I cant eat enough of those damn things...it is an every other day things...eggs and oatmeal one day, Diesel Cakes the next!

ChubbzterTF
06-04-07, 4:14 pm
I'm gonna try making these right now! All I have to work with is oats, eggs and cinnamon though.... We'll see how they fare

Grond Al-Ghoul
06-04-07, 4:48 pm
G is right... Ive been making these for a few years... to mix up the flavor, try mixing 2 packets of instant oats (peaches cream/strawberry etc) with a half cup of regular oats, instead of the full cup of whole oats... nullifies the needs for cinnamon and sugar and breaks the monotany if you get hooked on these.

king1
06-05-07, 11:26 pm
My breakfast is 4 egg whites 1 whole, 1/2 cup of oats. Im cutting but have been loosing weight slightly too fast. Im gonna start having this for breakfast to increase thge calories a little and keep from going crazy. GREAT POST G

Roland
06-06-07, 9:21 pm
G Diesel, I must say this is some delicious shit man...Had it for breakfast today, with some natty pb and J. Got me pretty full too, good stuff.

cubsfan81
06-06-07, 10:10 pm
I tweeked G's pancake recipe here it is...
3/4 cup of oats
3 whole eggs
2 tbps peanut butter
1 scoop chocolate whey protien powder

Blend everything together except peanut butter. Melt peanut butter and then blend into mix, cook and enjoy.
this has like 60 grams of protein depending on what powder you use.

Lowdown5
06-06-07, 10:12 pm
Diesel,

Had the pancakes for dinner tonight, damn good stuff Brother!!

Roland
06-06-07, 10:13 pm
nice bro, gonna hit that up tomorrow, does it taste good?

cubsfan81
06-06-07, 10:15 pm
yeah it taste good, it is a little dry but if you use some syrup its fine.

Lowdown5
06-06-07, 10:18 pm
They are killer Bro, mash some bananas on top and fuckin enjoy!!

BamBam
06-06-07, 11:48 pm
Damn this shit rules...I threw some freh strawberries and blueberries...about 1/2 a cup each in mine this morning and it rocked ass! Put some honey on top instead of syrup and rock on!

Bam-

ct italian 1
06-07-07, 7:30 am
G, tried these finally this morning.
tailored the recipe to meet my calorie needs
(1/2 c oats, 3 egg whites, 1/2 tsp cin., 1 tsp splenda, 1/2 medium banana)
then just ate 2 more egg whites & one whole one scrambled on the side w/ the pancake, along w/ the other 1/2 of the banana.

All I've got to say is I've found a new staple in my diet. Today I'm gonna tweak the recipe again to make a pre-workout variation using 100% whey gold standard and some blueberries.

Toni69
06-15-07, 5:42 am
I can eat your pancakes now! J and I (J is my boy), love them! We topped them with different things too, but not too much cause we really like the simple taste of them as is. Sometimes we use a bit of good honey, another time we used pomegranate seeds and a bit of the juice, another time J got creative and sprinkled mini chocolate chips on it while they were cooking! That was good..nothing wrong with chocolate and banana in my book!

Excellent recipe G! You know, I always favored a guy that can cook....and lift heavy ass weights! ;)

G Diesel
06-15-07, 9:28 am
All of the variations I see look awesome... Blueberries, chocolate chips... Damn, now I'm starving. Glad to see you guys being innovative and doing your own thing. Peace, G

ct italian 1
06-15-07, 12:15 pm
G, there's a full container of these bad boys in my fridge as we speak. I ate them every morning last week.

Toni69
06-15-07, 12:30 pm
You know what I am going to try tomorrow morning? I am going to add wheat germ to one batch..just 2 tbs. Then I am going to make another batch with some added lowfat granola in the batter. I am curious to see how that comes out. I like texture in my food..sorry..the inner chef in me...;)

eblnyc
06-15-07, 5:17 pm
hey G. someone posted your pancake idea on another sight the only difference was instead of cinnamon they used coconut extract.

Bruiser
06-15-07, 5:38 pm
thanks G. I wrote thisone down and I'll be firing up the blender the second I get home.

brandonA
06-16-07, 12:07 pm
Just cooked some up, 1 cup of oats, 6 whole eggs, cimimimimimimimimimim, and a tea spoon of sugar.....came out a little thin, prboley the whole eggs....so i cook a bunch of small ones, like crepes, spread on some low sugar grape jam and chowed.....good shit, quick and easy...Thanks G..

-B

Toni69
06-16-07, 3:22 pm
They wont come out thin if you let the batter sit a few minutes so the oats absorb some liquid and swell. Also, make sure the pan is hot, but not too hot. I make these smaller than G probably does and would I get 6 out of this mix.

I glop them on the pan; I dont spread them thin. I wait till bubbles start to pop from the top, then I flip them over gently..dont press down on them.

Today I added 2 tbs toasted wheat germ to the mix and it thickened it up some. I also sprinkled low fat granola on the top after I fliped one side of the pancake over, exposing uncooked side up. That was nice too..added some texture to it and a bit more carbs and flavor.

I still like them best plain as is....excellent recipe!

Spikes079
06-16-07, 3:46 pm
Hey G, got an idea for that Banana Nut Bread you was thinkin' of, gonna go test and prefect it and i'll let you know.

Spikes079
06-17-07, 2:20 pm
aaannnddddd done, check it out...
http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?p=107574#post107574

Young&Hungry
06-17-07, 3:07 pm
Cooked two up this morning. Nothing short of amazing here, just need some sugar free maple syrup and some blueberries and it will become a breakfast staple for me.

Toni69
06-25-07, 3:26 am
BTW, forgot to mention...when I did my guest posing thingy this past sat...what do you think I carbed up on besides my sweet potato? Yes..your friggin pancakes and I have to say, this was a very good thing. I was not bloaty, didnt feel bloaty or heavy, I felt energized and loaded up...great stuff..magic stuff! LOL

I always make a couple batch every week..I freeze one batch and keep the other chilled. Very convenient and versatile recipe too. When I do open my cafe for fitness freaks...you and I need to talk! ;)

Maxhole
07-05-07, 12:49 pm
Bro, fucking amazing recepie. Those pancakes where so damn good.

Skater51o
07-05-07, 3:09 pm
anybody think about adding protein powder to the mix? For example, add chocolate powder and you got a mock chocolate chip pancake. I know people like to add vanilla to their pancakes, so maybe add a little vanilla. Strawberry, you have a strawberry banana pancake. Let me know if anyone had tried it. Maybe you have G. Not sure.

JHOORNSTRA
07-05-07, 3:30 pm
anybody think about adding protein powder to the mix? For example, add chocolate powder and you got a mock chocolate chip pancake. I know people like to add vanilla to their pancakes, so maybe add a little vanilla. Strawberry, you have a strawberry banana pancake. Let me know if anyone had tried it. Maybe you have G. Not sure.

Definitely man. Threw some chocolate whey in there. And some cocoa powder. Freakin delicious.

Toni69
07-05-07, 3:46 pm
You know, I carb up on these before I train..the pancakes. So, I was driving on base and I had one in my right hand...taking bites out of it..loving it. They store so well too! Anyway, the gate guard takes my ID from my left hand (after I stopped the car! LOL), then he looks at what Im eating right.

He asks, "what is that?"
I replied, "oh this? a pancake made of....and I stopped myself and then said..just a pancake. I carb up on 'em before I go train. A friedn of mine came up with the recipe."
He says, "well, what's in it? It looks different.
I said, "sorry...cant give away the Big G's recipe...but you can go to animalpak.com's forum and find out for yourself."

I left it at that! Our secret here G! For members only! LOL

Draga
07-06-07, 6:40 pm
first thing i can eat without praying "hope this my last byte cuz its f*kin horrible"

ct italian 1
07-06-07, 7:17 pm
couldn't resist but having a batch of these today pre-workout.
topped off w/ 1/4cup fresh blueberries & 1/4cup sugar free maple syrup...fuckin delicious!

Maxhole
07-06-07, 11:41 pm

Bro, I add 2 scoops of vanilla whey to mine when I make them, and it doesn't really make much of a difference.

ct italian 1
07-07-07, 6:57 am
just made 2 more for breakfast haha. I think I have an addiction.

ct italian 1
07-07-07, 7:37 pm
oh God haha, 2 batches total for today...I've had like 3-4 batches of these babies in the past 2 days. God I love this bulkin' lol.

Testpolska
07-14-07, 12:42 am
Solid pancake idea bro. I tried a modifyied version today and not bad. I'm on a cut but in the morning when I can afford the carbs, these things hit the spot. Taste good too, which is a rare thing for me to look forward to the taste in something. They made me feel very full. On a bulk I may have an issue with that but considering my current standpoint I was very pleased.

Well done.

ct italian 1
07-15-07, 9:18 am
G, ya got me addicted. this is now my breakfast almost every morning.

G Diesel
07-16-07, 9:27 am
G, ya got me addicted. this is now my breakfast almost every morning.

Nice bro... Made some last night with honey and chocolate whey thrown in the mix. Gonna see how they taste and will report back. Peace, G

SDR
07-16-07, 4:07 pm
Nice bro... Made some last night with honey and chocolate whey thrown in the mix. Gonna see how they taste and will report back. Peace, G

G, doesnt the whey protein get "denatured" or some shit like that if you cook with it? Thats what I always heard and so never cooked it as such. What d'ya know about that? Thx

G Diesel
07-16-07, 4:22 pm
G, doesnt the whey protein get "denatured" or some shit like that if you cook with it? Thats what I always heard and so never cooked it as such. What d'ya know about that? Thx

Ya know, I've heard people say that too, it may be one of those many bbing urban myths... I've heard of many people who mix whey into a bowl of steaming hot oatmeal and nuke them together in a bowl and have nothing but good results. I wouldn't worry about it. Peace, G

Lowdown5
07-16-07, 7:19 pm
G,

Had no bananas, had to improvise. Mixed up some of your cakes with 1/2 cup frozen strawberries, but some sugarfree strawberry jam on em, damn, they were grubbin.

Roland
07-16-07, 7:21 pm
Today, I put some grapes and 1 large apple in it instead of banana, tasted great.

ct italian 1
07-17-07, 11:36 am
tried it w/ blueberries in the batter instead of banana and it SUCKED. they didn't hold together well at all. so I'll stick to using the banana and then adding blueberries while cooking. I have these every morning w/ blueberries & sugar free maple syrup.

rippedquest
07-19-07, 10:42 am
These pancakes are amazing. Just when eating eggs/oats every morning was starting to become monotonous. I felt like I was at IHOP having an all you can eat pancake platter. They make up a large batch of smaller pancakes and they were damn good too. These are going to be a staple for sure, great recipe. Can't wait to try them with some Choc. Whey powder

H4RDC0R3
07-29-07, 10:46 pm
WOW those were delicious!

ironshaolin
07-30-07, 10:25 am
dudes, I just made a new addition to G's pancake. Apple cinnamon G diesel cakes. Just swap out the bananna for some applesauce, add cinamon, I like to use 3 whole eggs and 3 whites(would use 6 whole but it dosen't all fit in the bullet), and mix and eat. Wow its good.

jonsbsn
08-05-07, 2:36 am
dudes, I just made a new addition to G's pancake. Apple cinnamon G diesel cakes. Just swap out the bananna for some applesauce, add cinamon, I like to use 3 whole eggs and 3 whites(would use 6 whole but it dosen't all fit in the bullet), and mix and eat. Wow its good.

I can't wait to try THIS... I love apple cinnamon!!!

The House
08-05-07, 8:17 am

5-6 egg whites
1 cup of oats
1 whole ripe banana
1 tsp cinnamon

bro do they have this at Ihop... i did not see it on the menu last time i was there.. LOL.. bro i am going to try this after my show or hell i might carb up with it the day of the show when i get to eat oats again... peace bro..

jonsbsn
08-06-07, 12:56 am
tried these today and they were great! Really really filling. I'm going to try the ones with applesause tomorrow.

TunaBreath
08-07-07, 3:22 pm
Been eating these every morning before hitting the gym. Fucking awesome.

1 cup oats
3 whole eggs, 3 whites
Pumpkin spice powder (no cinnamon available)
1 scoop whey
Blueberries
Banana or some applesauce

G Diesel
08-07-07, 3:36 pm
bro do they have this at Ihop... i did not see it on the menu last time i was there.. LOL.. bro i am going to try this after my show or hell i might carb up with it the day of the show when i get to eat oats again... peace bro..

Nah man... They're good, but they ain't IHOP good. That said, I don't feel like a bum when I eat them, so the lack of guilt is a plus. Peace, G

G Diesel
08-07-07, 3:37 pm
Pumpkin spice powder (no cinnamon available)

There ya go... That is an interesting addition, I like it. Did you notice the flavor? Peace, G

Toni69
08-07-07, 3:52 pm
I tried these pancakes every way possible and I love them to pieces..cant imagine my life without them honestly...and yes..way better than IHOP!!!

TunaBreath
08-07-07, 9:41 pm
There ya go... That is an interesting addition, I like it. Did you notice the flavor? Peace, G

Oh yea. Gonna up the ante on them next batch! I love me some spices!

bigrhino
08-09-07, 7:41 pm
can you make waffles out of this? i'm sure you can. i have been dying to try out the waffle attachement for my Foreman Grill. waffles for dinner tonight.

MassMonster
08-09-07, 8:55 pm
the other day i was trying to make these and i realized that i cant make pancakes for squat....lol i wasnt gunna waste the mix.... so i put it into my post workout shake with sum iso whey and water tastiest shake in the world...... serious staple in my supps

1skinnyassedrunt
08-10-07, 3:45 am

5-6 egg whites
1 cup of oats
1 whole ripe banana
1 tsp cinnamon

There was a shop aired in the UK about your average Joe auditioning for a bodybuilding competition, they used a similar receipe, but that was 6 egg whites and a cup of oats, no fruit or anything with it. One of the episodes had this hindu guy blending cooked chicken with water to make a 'shake' then downing extra water just to choke it down.

Anyways thanks for the recipe G will definately tryin them on Saturday morning

ct italian 1
08-10-07, 8:58 am
used 1 cup of natty apple sauce this morning instead of the banana like one of the variations calls for. I love 'em. def. switchin' over to the apple cinnamon ones for a week or two at least. I leave for college the 30th so I already told my mom, when my dad & her visit me, to make sure she makes & freezes a ton of these for me so I can have them up at school

okmed
08-10-07, 10:49 am
I have never liked oats in my life, and couldn't even choke down half of a cup in the morning with my egg whites. I fried these up today and they were great. Going to try all the varieties next week. This should finally help me put on some lbs. Thanks G.

ct italian 1
08-10-07, 3:38 pm
G, did I mention I eat these things every single morning now for breakfast, and then have my reg. breakfast as my second meal.
so like this:
6:30 a.m.
these pancakes made w/ 6 whites, sometimes 2 tbsp sugar free syrup added

8:30 a.m.
5 egg whites
1 whole egg
1 cup cooked organic rolled oats
1 whole lg. grapefruit
1 cup skim milk

Toni69
08-28-07, 4:26 pm
Ok..I forgot to mention this last night..probably cause I was too busy stuffing my face with this concoction my boy and I came up with as our now traditional late night snack. We go through phases on what we like to eat late at night together...this is what we did with G's amazing pancakes.

Now, I get 8 decent sized pancakes out of his mix. I usually add 2 tbs whey protein to them too. So, this time I left out the whey cause J was sharing and he didnt need any more of a pump up then he already gets out of these pancakes...LOL

We had 4 pancakes each. We spread a thin layer, (his was a bit thicker than mine), of natural chunky peanut butter on one side of each pancake. Ok..first pancake, pb side up...then we sliced bananas and layered a few on top of the pb side...kept layering with the rest of the pancakes. The top layer didnt have pb on it.

Ok...then I mixed chopped strawberries and blackberries with a bit of sugar and let it sit a few minutes till it created a juice. Then, we just poured the fruit over the pancakes.

We took our plates and sat on the couch, in the dark, watching late night tv stuffing our faces and laughing at how genius we are!

Punisher
08-28-07, 4:31 pm
Ok..I forgot to mention this last night..probably cause I was too busy stuffing my face with this concoction my boy and I came up with as our now traditional late night snack. We go through phases on what we like to eat late at night together...this is what we did with G's amazing pancakes.

Now, I get 8 decent sized pancakes out of his mix. I usually add 2 tbs whey protein to them too. So, this time I left out the whey cause J was sharing and he didnt need any more of a pump up then he already gets out of these pancakes...LOL

We had 4 pancakes each. We spread a thin layer, (his was a bit thicker than mine), of natural chunky peanut butter on one side of each pancake. Ok..first pancake, pb side up...then we sliced bananas and layered a few on top of the pb side...kept layering with the rest of the pancakes. The top layer didnt have pb on it.

Ok...then I mixed chopped strawberries and blackberries with a bit of sugar and let it sit a few minutes till it created a juice. Then, we just poured the fruit over the pancakes.

We took our plates and sat on the couch, in the dark, watching late night tv stuffing our faces and laughing at how genius we are!

hah that sounds realllly good

Toni69
08-28-07, 4:36 pm
God..you have no idea. I am guessing round 11pm my little monkey is gonna crawl on downstairs, cause he is very predicatable, and I will surely have our plates ready and waiting. Shit..if he doesnt come down, Im screwed! Guess I have to eat both plates then! ROFL!

brian22
08-30-07, 9:10 pm
wow I just tried these today, they were absolutely amazing. I'm gonna try the applesauce variation soon

MassMonster
08-30-07, 9:52 pm
best thing since creatine lol...

goaliekeg
09-04-07, 11:24 pm
Obviously these are all approximations...

Per 2 pancakes (the listed recipe):

320 calories
20-25g of protein
50g of carbs

Peace, G

G, can you please let me know if you got the nutrition facts directly off the boxes/cartons for your food? I came up with some completely different nutrition facts. I searched via www.thecaloriecounter.com, and came up with these facts after adding up all the ingredients:

Calories: 1156.5g
Fat: 18.35g
Protein: 57.45g
Carbs: 204.6g

Just to clarify, these nutrition facts are with 1 cup Quaker Oats (dry), a large banana, 1tsp cinnamon, 2 splendas, and 6 egg whites...perhaps it's in the different oats I am using?

G Diesel
09-05-07, 8:39 am
G, can you please let me know if you got the nutrition facts directly off the boxes/cartons for your food? I came up with some completely different nutrition facts. I searched via www.thecaloriecounter.com, and came up with these facts after adding up all the ingredients:

Calories: 1156.5g
Fat: 18.35g
Protein: 57.45g
Carbs: 204.6g

Just to clarify, these nutrition facts are with 1 cup Quaker Oats (dry), a large banana, 1tsp cinnamon, 2 splendas, and 6 egg whites...perhaps it's in the different oats I am using?

300 kcals for a cup of Quaker oats
90 kcals for 6 whites
0 kcals for Splenda
0 kcals for cinnamon
140 kcals for a banana

Looks like I lowballed it a little bit upon further review, but I did that off the top of my head. Looks like about 530 calories for 2 pancakes... Or about 265 per pancake. However, I dunno how the heck you came up with over 1100 calories total. Maybe you added in whole eggs and sugar oats? Peace, G

goaliekeg
09-05-07, 11:06 am
90 kcals for 6 whites
0 kcals for Splenda
o kcals for cinnamon
140 kcals for a banana

Looks like I lowballed it a little bit upon further review, but I did that off the top of my head. Looks like about 530 calories for 2 pancakes... Or about 265 per pancake. However, I dunno how the heck you came up with over 1100 calories total. Maybe you added in whole eggs and sugar oats? Peace, G

The damn website is probably wrong. I'm going to pull the nutrition facts off of my product labels and see what I come up with.

ct italian 1
09-05-07, 5:00 pm
when I figured it out, I got like 510? I forgot the exact number but that sounds about right?

LEON
09-07-07, 12:14 pm
They taste so good G.....

G Diesel
09-07-07, 12:31 pm
when I figured it out, I got like 510? I forgot the exact number but that sounds about right?

Yeah that sounds about right bro. Peace, G

ct italian 1
09-08-07, 11:33 am
G, I've been up at college for a week now and it's killing me not having these. The dining hall caters to athletes so I can still follow my "diet" (hate that word), but no G pancakes. I came home this weekend and first meal I had was a batch, but w/ my gainer variation...6 whites, 2 whole eggs.

John R. Nocero
09-08-07, 11:37 am
Hi Toni and G,

My 7-year-old son lives for our Sunday morning pancake ritual. He doesn't live with me, he lives with his mom, but we usually cook them together and then sit and talk over breakfast when he comes to stay with me.

Tomorrow we try this one out. Thanks G!

-J

simpleguy
09-10-07, 12:49 pm
best thing since animal pak... mmm they're so good

G Diesel
09-10-07, 12:57 pm
Hi Toni and G,

My 7-year-old son lives for our Sunday morning pancake ritual. He doesn't live with me, he lives with his mom, but we usually cook them together and then sit and talk over breakfast when he comes to stay with me.

Tomorrow we try this one out. Thanks G!

-J

Nothing better than that bro... Enjoy. Peace, G

Maz
09-16-07, 7:50 am
Thanks for the recipe another clean and easy meal to add to my list

squattingtillipuke
09-17-07, 8:04 am
G- This is straightup some good stuff. I cut up a vanilla bean and added it to this, damn this is some good shit. Reminded me of banana bread.

I ended up making 10 cakes yesterday morning because my three kids wanted a taste and went nuts...had to run to the store cause I used up 30 egg whites.

One question, what do you put on top or do you eat it as is? I had some strawberries in the fridge so i put them on it.

mick

G Diesel
09-17-07, 8:31 am
G- This is straightup some good stuff. I cut up a vanilla bean and added it to this, damn this is some good shit. Reminded me of banana bread.

I ended up making 10 cakes yesterday morning because my three kids wanted a taste and went nuts...had to run to the store cause I used up 30 egg whites.

One question, what do you put on top or do you eat it as is? I had some strawberries in the fridge so i put them on it.

mick

A lot of the time I eat them plain... But you could do fresh fruit, sugar free (or not) syrup, natural pb, get nasty at do some Nutella (just ask Wrath about offseason Nutella on waffles) or lately my girl has been throwing a couple of sugar free chocolate chips in mine. Wicked. Peace, G

Freakshow
09-18-07, 11:15 pm
G, I love these fucking things bro. They are great for the weekends when I have the time to prepare them right, and they are great with some natty PB on top. Appreciate the recipie bro.

dwingman
09-28-07, 1:49 am
I'm trying these in 7 hours.....so stoked. I'm gonna hit the sack right now though brothers. I'll let you know how it went tomorrow. Late.

dwingman
09-28-07, 10:12 am
Wow, those were amazing. Awesome recipe. Thanks G!

Stabiliser
10-01-07, 9:10 am

5-6 egg whites
1 cup of oats
1 whole ripe banana
1 tsp cinnamon

Add on 2 tablespoons of black raisins- and top it with strawberry jam if u seek for maximizing your mass

4LIFE
11-06-07, 9:25 pm
Sounds good. Havent had pancakes in a long time. Always have to put PB on mine.

mex.i.can
11-15-07, 12:05 am
tried this recipe tonight and it was delicious. topped them off with some natural peanut butter for good measure. just so you know, there is a similar recipe for pancakes in the "eating for life" cookbook. the only difference is that the other recipe uses 1 cup of low fat cottage cheese instead of the banana and it also has some vanilla extract.

~mex.i.can

4NIM4L2D4
11-22-07, 6:09 pm
DEKICIOUS!!!!!!! I tried this 2day 4 thanksgiving breakfast. good with natty pb on top but i used the chocolate icing recipe from the protein muffin recipe on here...with 1 scoop of chocolate protein powder (i use ON 100% whey gold standard) with the same scoop 1/3 scoop water so its nice n thick and gooey good lol

Sir
12-11-07, 1:30 am
good shit

Dan02
12-11-07, 2:21 am
ill give it a shot this weekend

Toni69
12-11-07, 3:10 am
God I miss these! They are fantastic and I even ate them cold. I would put them in a ziploc and take them to the gym...stuff my face right after lifting with like 4 of them...these will def hold you over for a while!

knight_train28
12-19-07, 11:09 am
sorry to ask such newb questions, but i'm finally deciding to get my diet in check and i figured i'd try these pancakes. So can u just buy straight up egg whites at the store and by oats, thats just like a regular think of quaker oats shit right?

pmug0000
12-19-07, 12:17 pm
sorry to ask such newb questions, but i'm finally deciding to get my diet in check and i figured i'd try these pancakes. So can u just buy straight up egg whites at the store and by oats, thats just like a regular think of quaker oats shit right?

That's fine man. Nothin fancy is necessary - as long as the oats don't have sugar added you're set.

G Diesel
12-19-07, 1:56 pm
That's fine man. Nothin fancy is necessary - as long as the oats don't have sugar added you're set.

Exactly. Normal jug of oats, regular eggs, bananas and throw in a little splenda and cinnamon if you like and you are good to go. Nothing fancy or complicated, just a convenient and different way to cook your every day clean foods. Peace, G

sanga
02-04-08, 6:11 am
I tried these this morning, absolutely delicious.

Thanks they will be part of my breakfast or even for a snack for many a meal to come.

ct italian 1
02-04-08, 10:34 am
oh God I miss these babies. I could probably make a contest variation to suit my needs but it just wouldn't be the same. First breakfast after my cut, these will be a part of.

B.C.
02-17-08, 10:44 am
90 kcals for 6 whites
0 kcals for Splenda
0 kcals for cinnamon
140 kcals for a banana

I used my FitDay program, and plugged everything in right off the labels. Here's what I came up with. This is for the whole batch:

508 calories
6g fat
32g protien
84g carbs, 11g from fiber

That is some solid nutrition G. I eat these all the time. I got some sugar free syrup, and I go to town. You could really even eat these on a cut, unless of course it's too many carbs. I love them right before a workout...great fuel for punishing some iron.

02-17-08, 6:15 pm
Making some as soon as I get home!

Rexor91
02-18-08, 5:37 pm
I dont even know if I'd use syrup, maybe just some honey?

jayanticoli
02-18-08, 8:13 pm
sounds just like the ones my girl makes.....except take away the banana and splanda and add cottage cheese and vanilla extract....sprinkle some no sugar added syrup on it and they r tasty

B.C.
02-26-08, 9:35 pm
I dont even know if I'd use syrup, maybe just some honey?

I got some sugar free syrup, and it was great, but honey would be the shit on those bad boys!

B.C.
02-26-08, 9:39 pm
I was eating some the other day, and I thought about those McGriddles sandwiches. You could totally make a sandwich like that out of a couple of G Diesel pancakes. I was thinking a PB & J for my first whole food meal after a workout, but you could do bacon egg and cheese for breakfast or something...mmm, the possibilities.

grande_mono
02-27-08, 3:24 pm
These remind me a lot of the pancakes I make.

I normally use:
6 egg whites
1 cup of oats
1 cup of cottage cheese (normally low fat)
1 tsp of baking powder

sometimes throw in some walnuts or pecans to the mix depending on caloric needs

Some people would probably want to add some sweetener, but I enjoy them just as good without.

SDR
02-27-08, 3:55 pm
Still have these in the morning, beats eating plain oats any day of the week, also drizzle honey on em'....I even once put some vanilla protein powder in the mixture and it was tasty as hell!

GRUNT
02-27-08, 7:27 pm

5-6 egg whites
1 cup of oats
1 whole ripe banana
1 tsp cinnamon

Since I am home from the desert for 2 weeks I saw this and went straight to the grocery store since I havent been to one in a long time. G, your a damn genius...these pancakes are the shit and you can do so much with them and change up the ingredients. Good post.

Toni69
03-13-08, 6:12 am
oh how I have missed these..they taste so much better now too! LOL

ct italian 1
03-13-08, 9:43 am
oh how I have missed these..they taste so much better now too! LOL

thanks for rubbing it in Toni! haha, 15 more days and I will be enjoying a few batches of these.

G Diesel
03-13-08, 10:14 am
thanks for rubbing it in Toni! haha, 15 more days and I will be enjoying a few batches of these.

My boy ct is the world's leading promoter of the pancakes... Very soon my friend they will be a part of your daily offseason protocol. Peace, G

Toni69
03-13-08, 10:20 am
Quote:
Originally Posted by ct italian 1

My boy ct is the world's leading promoter of the pancakes... Very soon my friend they will be a part of your daily offseason protocol. Peace, G

LOL..sorry there..hey, I can promise you they are gonna taste so much better cause you havent had them for a while. The one thing I can thank the darn keto diet for is that I have more of an appreciation for food now then I did before! LOL...this includes G's famous pancakes.

Hang in there!

ct italian 1
03-13-08, 11:45 am
haha I love G's pancakes, fav. offseason clean food right there. I'm not even on Keto so I can only imagine how you feel now.

newbreed
03-17-08, 11:26 am
That's an AWESOME recipe G. G is for GENIUS in my book!!!!!!!!!!!

Thrawn
03-18-08, 6:16 am

5-6 egg whites
1 cup of oats
1 whole ripe banana
1 tsp cinnamon

I would love to try this one, but one small question if its not too silly...
What is equal or splenda? Never heard of that...

ct italian 1
03-20-08, 9:24 am
equal and splenda are both calorie-free artificial sweeteners.

also G, I'm using these to carb up for my show:
5 a.m.
7:30 a.m.

12:30 a.m.

5:30 p.m.

one batch at each of those times that saturday w/ OJ, whey, & pump packs (stim removed) at 10 & 3.

ct italian 1
04-16-08, 5:45 pm
http://img120.imageshack.us/img120/6650/l561163c15b43ce5bd89763rw9.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

this was backstage after the show during the early phases of my binge haha.

G Diesel pancakes for the win!

waslate
06-03-08, 1:37 am
I read the reciepe during my cut and vowed to try this as soon as it ended.

Let me say that this is an amazing pancake. My new all time favorite breakfast right here. Love the meathead inginuity at work in this recipe.

Toni69
06-03-08, 2:42 am
I make these like 4x a week and they are usually my pre wo snack and/or part of my before bedtime eating ritual..LOL. Im seriously addicted to them and of course I change things up, but not by much. The basic recipe stays, but I add something like toasted wheat germ or ground flax seed to the batter...chopped almonds..stuff like that.

I eat them cold. Like I make them and store them in my fridge..then when I want a couple (cause I make about 8 small pancakes with the batter), I grab and go.

My son loves them...he had them every which possible I think...with fresh fruit on them, peanut butter and jelly sandwiched in between...he makes his own concoctions. LOL

krazyassmexican
06-05-08, 11:14 am
the other day i used ezekiel cereal instead of oats
it was tasty but hard to get it out of the blender lol

DrewskiPHX
06-25-08, 8:44 pm
haha G,

Thank you for this recipe and after 15 more weeks of this keto diet, your pancakes are gonna be my first carb meal

BamBam
06-25-08, 9:44 pm
I miss you pancakes.... :(

BUT....I agree....my first cheat meal will consist of G' Diesel Pancakes....you r the man bro!

thelunchbox
07-24-08, 8:23 pm
I have been trying to keep my diet clean. I love pancakes so I m going to give these a go. I'm a shitty cook but I think I can handle the cakes.

Histo55
08-18-08, 11:05 am
throw some cottage cheese in there to thicken up the cakes....you can also use a waffle iron which i think works almost better and of course to top it all, add some sugar free ms.buttersworths on top! mmmmmm

sanga
08-18-08, 3:21 pm
I have these pancakes most mornings now.

Little Z
09-05-08, 7:11 am
G..

I finally got around to making these things, and I keep kicking myself for waiting so long..
hah.. simply amazing.. i know you've heard it a thousand times, but thanks for tossing
this up bro.

Wade

G Diesel
09-06-08, 7:04 pm
G..

I finally got around to making these things, and I keep kicking myself for waiting so long..
hah.. simply amazing.. i know you've heard it a thousand times, but thanks for tossing
this up bro.

Wade

No doubt bro... Glad I could add a weapon to your arsenal. Peace, G

G Diesel
09-06-08, 7:05 pm
http://img120.imageshack.us/img120/6650/l561163c15b43ce5bd89763rw9.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

this was backstage after the show during the early phases of my binge haha.

G Diesel pancakes for the win!

Haha... Now that is a fucking endorsement. Peace, G

ct italian 1
09-07-08, 7:02 pm
Haha... Now that is a fucking endorsement. Peace, G

haha I should have held the trophy in one hand.

G Diesel
09-07-08, 11:16 pm
haha I should have held the trophy in one hand.

Breakfast of fuckin champions, baby. Peace, G

ct italian 1
09-09-08, 8:36 am
Breakfast of fuckin champions, baby. Peace, G

I'm at college right now and seeing this thread is killing me since there is no way for me to make them here. Looks like when I head home this weekend I'll be whippin' up a batch.

bdb1513
09-15-08, 12:09 pm
yo G, i made these for the first time this morning...fuckin awsome man. nice easy way to change things up a lil from the standard scrambled eggs and oatmeal. this might become a few time a week thing for me.

On Letting Go
10-21-08, 7:34 am
Cant wait to try these when i come off my cut. Sounds like they're money.

simpleguy
10-21-08, 11:44 am
currently I'm trying to pack on some lean mass, but being carb-sensitive, bread doesn't really go well with me... so I've been carrying these goodies with me at school for months now, they're a staple... thanks again G

On Letting Go
10-23-08, 6:56 am
Had the pancakes for dinner last night and again for breakfast this morning. I put natty PB and apple butter all over them. Delicious. Definitely gonna be having them a couple times a week. Great idea, G.

mahscles
05-30-09, 9:31 am
Exactly... That is the highest compliment. If it is good enough for the discerning 9 year old pallette, it must taste pretty damn good. Peace, G

hell yeah. good recipe brother.

B.C.
06-02-09, 11:37 am
hell yeah. good recipe brother.

They are pretty damn tasty.

willah
06-14-09, 8:31 pm
Delicious - Made a batch this morning for breakfast, felt contently full and energized! Can't beat a meal that you can make in 5 mins.

A tip for any of you cooking-impaired dudes:

If you're unsure of how thick/thin this stuff should be, use a fork. It should just kind of slip through the tines, but not sit on top in a goopy heap, and not leak through like water. Also, it should spread out in the pan, but not "flow" like liquid.. Get a good eye for it and pretty soon you won't even have to measure ingredients!

As usual, if it's too wet just throw some solids in - whey powder, oats, whatever. If it's too sticky, just throw some water/milk in.

G Diesel
06-15-09, 2:12 pm
Delicious - Made a batch this morning for breakfast, felt contently full and energized! Can't beat a meal that you can make in 5 mins.

A tip for any of you cooking-impaired dudes:

If you're unsure of how thick/thin this stuff should be, use a fork. It should just kind of slip through the tines, but not sit on top in a goopy heap, and not leak through like water. Also, it should spread out in the pan, but not "flow" like liquid.. Get a good eye for it and pretty soon you won't even have to measure ingredients!

As usual, if it's too wet just throw some solids in - whey powder, oats, whatever. If it's too sticky, just throw some water/milk in.

Good tips bro... Many of us are to some degree cooking impaired.

As an FYI, I recently had the pleasure of crushing a couple of "Big Al Pancakes". The Big Al pancake is simple, it is a chocolate chip pancake made with the simple complete pancake mix but instead of mixing the pancake flour with water you substitute egg whites. Simple. Definitely a high protein treat, really good when eaten cold too. I'll be grubbing on these in the very near future.

Peace, G

Gainhard
07-30-09, 3:57 pm
I made these this morning and i think i'm gunna make'em again for a snack. DELICIOUS!!!

Soldier
09-28-09, 11:10 pm
Good tips bro... Many of us are to some degree cooking impaired.

As an FYI, I recently had the pleasure of crushing a couple of "Big Al Pancakes". The Big Al pancake is simple, it is a chocolate chip pancake made with the simple complete pancake mix but instead of mixing the pancake flour with water you substitute egg whites. Simple. Definitely a high protein treat, really good when eaten cold too. I'll be grubbing on these in the very near future.

Peace, G

Now those sound fantastic.

TigerAce01
10-14-09, 9:52 pm
I just made my set of these tonight for dinner. I just added some Sugar Free Nesquick in the mix.

-Ace

G Diesel
10-14-09, 11:00 pm
I just made my set of these tonight for dinner. I just added some Sugar Free Nesquick in the mix.

-Ace

Well played my friend... I dig your flair for innovation. This thread represents the forward thinking of bodybuilders and the evolution of "clean" eating.

Peace, G

jesse45690
10-15-09, 2:16 pm
G, I'm a freshman in college. Its always been easy to eat clean when I was living back at home, moving into a dorm room became a whole different story. Thankfully these things are a life saver. I go home about every weekend and make about 50 of these bad boys and freeze em. Pop them in the microwave for a couple minutes then your set. They probably make up over 50% of my carbohydrate intake everyday. Been eatin them for over 10 weeks straight just about everyday and i haven't even began to get tired of them.

J-DOG
10-19-09, 6:59 pm
Hey G,

I cooked up a batch of your pancakes this morning for my wife and me, and i gotta tell ya they were off the chain bro! Its amazing such a simple and quick variation on what we would normally eat can make a world of difference. I am sure that i am not alone in saying that training is always great but when you have been shovelling down huge quantities of the same food for long periods, then anything that can make a change to the texture or taste will make it alot more pallatable.

I am def gonna keep checking to see what other tips and tricks you have up your sleve bro to make some of the good ole chicken, tuna , oats etc taste like new!

Keep up the great work G!

Peace

J-DOG

C.Coronato
06-03-10, 9:38 am
Bumping this for greatness. I am still yet to try it, but it looks solid. Offseason, its a winner in my books.

G Diesel
06-03-10, 9:43 am
Bumping this for greatness. I am still yet to try it, but it looks solid. Offseason, its a winner in my books.

Can only imagine how someone of your culinary expertise could take these to the next level.

Haven't had em in a while but I think I'm overdue to break out the skillet.

Peace, G

SportPharma Rep
06-03-10, 9:46 am
Had to do this!

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/3/5414660_8716bf615a.jpg

Aggression
06-03-10, 9:47 am
niCe bump, TTL. I remember when I came across this thread YEARS ago. I make them the following morning and damn, delicious. Pour some sugar free syrup on them and you've got yourself a delicious, mass gaining meal.

G Diesel
06-03-10, 9:49 am
Had to do this!

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/3/5414660_8716bf615a.jpg

Genius.

Peace, G

BamBam
06-07-10, 12:30 pm
Glad someone resurrected this... had some a few days ago with some choc chips... Good shit!

IN IRON,
BB-

auburn_1984
06-14-10, 4:00 pm
You ever thought of adding some cottage cheese to that mixture G?

G Diesel
06-14-10, 4:03 pm
Glad someone resurrected this... had some a few days ago with some choc chips... Good shit!

IN IRON,
BB-

Can't go wrong throwing a few chocolate chips into the mix. Nice.

You ever thought of adding some cottage cheese to that mixture G?

I haven't, but I have heard it suggested. Would be a great way to further increase the protein content assuming it still bakes properly.

Peace, G

auburn_1984
06-14-10, 4:20 pm
G can you look at this number for me and tell me if i am in the right ball park or completly off with the grams per day. 3094 calories a day

40% Prot 1237.6 calories (309.4 g)
60% Fat 1836.4 cals (206.2g)
25 g max Carbs

I have tried it in the past by adding a cup to my oatmeal and egg whites blend and cook on griddle. Toped with sugar free syrup and 2 tbsp natty peanut butter amazing.

BamBam
06-15-10, 5:12 pm
Can't go wrong throwing a few chocolate chips into the mix. Nice.

I haven't, but I have heard it suggested. Would be a great way to further increase the protein content assuming it still bakes properly.

Peace, G

Yeah man I am getting myself and my girl into eating these. She can't eat too much because she has some major stomach problems but she wants to get some good muscle on her and get more into this lifestyle. I myself need to get up to a damn good looking 300 or so lbs. Cottage Cheese did pretty well for me. I added half a cup but did well and gave the cakes a slight taste change but not much. Good shit

scals
09-22-11, 7:51 am
Meal #1 this morning!

G Diesel
09-22-11, 10:08 am
Meal #1 this morning!

Glad to hear these are still being consumed by the boys on their quest for mass.

Peace, G

TigerAce01
09-22-11, 10:21 am
Just made a batch...over the years I've tweaked things here and there, trying to make the perfect "P Dies"...the G Diesel Pancake haha

I got a Magic Bullet from my family for my first father's day (greatest fucking invention ever), so now I ALWAYS grind my oats into a flour before mixing them into anything. This has helped the most with consistency, making it exactly like a pancake. Other ideas I've tried are mixing flax seed, whey protein powder, PB, Nesquick, anything that sounds good.

Here's to over 4 years of the G Diesel Pancake!

-Ace

B.S.
09-24-11, 11:47 pm
woah woah where has this been
tommorrow morning

JeremyT
10-25-11, 8:07 pm
Has anyone tried cooking the oats before you throw them in, or do they get cooked in the pan if you blend them up enough? Raw oats generally killl my stomach, so I might try cooking them first!

B.C.
10-26-11, 1:55 am
Has anyone tried cooking the oats before you throw them in, or do they get cooked in the pan if you blend them up enough? Raw oats generally killl my stomach, so I might try cooking them first!

If you blend it all good enough, they'll cook. I tried leaving them whole, grinding first then mixing, but I found throwing everything into the blender works the best.