PDA

View Full Version : Tattoos & Competing

McKnife
05-17-07, 3:29 pm
I'm planning to compete next year and I just wondered if you think it's possible to hide a tattoo for a contest. I know it sounds weird but it's something very personal and I don't want everyone to see it. I know that with the tanning and the spotlight it will fade a little cause I got some friends who have already competed in different shows but I wondered if there was someone in here who had the same problem.

mattf
05-17-07, 8:22 pm
Hey bro, I have three tattoo's, Put on enough color so it is almopst impossible to see. You really cannot be too dark in my opinion. The lights can really wash you out on stage. I could barely see my tattoo's on stage, so just get some good comp color, and go to a bed about 4-6 weeks in advance a couple days a week to get a good base. Train, and diet hard. Peace M
Matt

McKnife
05-19-07, 9:56 am
thanks for the advide man

ChrisG
05-19-07, 10:57 am
Yea look at the pictures in Matts signature. You can still see his tat but it's not really noticeable. I screwed up and got something stupid on my arm.. it has a meaning to it but it could come off the wrong way and offend some people so I'm kind of screwed lol

welshwarrior
06-25-07, 5:27 am
Dont worry too much about it, Look at lee priest he has polenty of tats and still wins pro shows.(btw have you seen the new one covering his back? it completely covers his whole back) dont stress too much about it.

Praetor
08-03-07, 3:24 am
I'm entering in my first bodybuilding competition at the Evergreen State open in Wenatchee Washington. Teen bracket. I have two tattoos and very close to getting a third. I need to know if the judges mark down on them. If they do I will do everything I can to cover up and hold off on my third (and largest) tattoo. If not then i'll let that ship sail and go on through with getting it.

Powerfreak
08-03-07, 9:00 am
I'm entering in my first bodybuilding competition at the Evergreen State open in Wenatchee Washington. Teen bracket. I have two tattoos and very close to getting a third. I need to know if the judges mark down on them. If they do I will do everything I can to cover up and hold off on my third (and largest) tattoo. If not then i'll let that ship sail and go on through with getting it.

Dorian yates had tats, and so do a lot of other top Bodybuilders. It's not that big of a deal anymore.

Squat_Heavy
08-03-07, 11:10 am
Look at lee priest, he has a ton of a tatoos, he got fucked before and still gets fucked so lol, dont think they mark down on that anymore.

ChandlerXJ
08-08-07, 8:09 am
I have a huge tat down my back, it's my last name, I don't think I would want to cover that up man, it enhances the look of the shape of my back, it's actually beneficial I think.

HOWEVER - I do have a fucking TERRIBLE tattoo on my quad. Right in the front. It's about the size of a matchbox car. I need to cover it up. Don't ask why I got it, it was a bet on South Street...

It's a Popsicle. double stick. says "too cold" across it.

yeah, I hope tanning takes the visual pain of that away.

Giblet
07-13-08, 9:40 pm
hey guys, i come from a family of born athletes and overall bigger guys. all my older brothers are as broad as they are tall, and none fat. i took things a step further and went int obodybuilding, i keep a great diet, and wold love to someday compete. but i think i mightve screwed up. i previously just turned 18, and got a good size tattoo started. when it is all done, it will be more than just a full sleeve, and work into my chest and back some. i ahve heard abot body camoflauge, anyone know if the stuff works? or if i cold still compete with a tattoo? it was my dream to compete but i got the tattoo just bc i felt like it one day, now im kinda dobleguessing it, i love itm it looks badass, butcompeting may pose an issue. anyone know anything about this cover up. i mean, i just love working ot to be big ive never needed anything more, bu i would just love to compete. im totally happy ust knowing im one of the bigger guys ot there and being able ot have this sweet tattoo i got, ladies love it. just curious how about some opinions on tattoos and bodybuilding.

SQUAT or DIE!
07-13-08, 9:44 pm
i know there are some people who compete with smaller tattoos.. but one that considerable will hide def and size... not sure about body camo

Mcdiesel14
07-13-08, 10:03 pm
I would like to compete in some natural comps. soon but seems like everyone these days has tats even some of the pro's so i'm not that worried about it but if they do mark down i'll be screwed.

this is mine.

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=viewImage&friendID=22048338&albumID=134768&imageID=11389387

The Epidemic
07-17-08, 4:34 pm
Yes you can buy something called tatto cover up, its like makeup.. just google it, its like 50bucks.. i think i have the link

The Epidemic
07-17-08, 4:35 pm
http://www.dermablend.com/productDetails.aspx?prodID=17

ChandlerXJ
07-17-08, 4:44 pm
I've got my last name down the side of my back (check my thread) and another one on my leg - I am looking forward to seeing how they look with protan!

McFly
07-18-08, 7:41 am
from what i've seen most tats almost disapear once you start putting your tan on. I know Big Al has quite a few but once he got his color on some of them you couldn't even see and others you had to LOOK and know where to look to see them. I wouldn't sweat it regardless.

ChandlerXJ
07-18-08, 7:44 am
from what i've seen most tats almost disapear once you start putting your tan on. I know Big Al has quite a few but once he got his color on some of them you couldn't even see and others you had to LOOK and know where to look to see them. I wouldn't sweat it regardless.

good I hope my double stick popsicle tattoo that says "too cold" dissapears, also, I hope it dissappears forever too.

I didn't pay for it - don't ask haha

adam said if I lose, it's because of that tattoo

McFly
07-18-08, 7:49 am
good I hope my double stick popsicle tattoo that says "too cold" dissapears, also, I hope it dissappears forever too.

I didn't pay for it - don't ask haha

adam said if I lose, it's because of that tattoo

I know some GOOD tattoo artists who would be happy to cover that up LOL

ChandlerXJ
07-18-08, 8:06 am
I know some GOOD tattoo artists who would be happy to cover that up LOL

what could I get it covered up with haha... it's the size of a pack of dental floss, right in the middle of my thigh in the front

The Epidemic
08-17-08, 12:47 pm
what works?

The Epidemic
08-17-08, 2:09 pm
first of all. no need for name calling

second. i getting some ink . i want my back done. like yours..

jer
08-17-08, 5:16 pm
You could try Dermablend, it's for covering up tats and such. Not sure how it would do with dream tan or whatever you are gonna use for contest color. Give it a shot before hand to see.

http://www.dermablend.com/foundations/foundations-moderate-flaws/new-leg-and-body-cover.htm

getbiggest
08-17-08, 7:11 pm
when you tan it will kinda blend in

Cstlfx
08-17-08, 7:15 pm
what works?

Pro Tan and stuff like that will cover it up quite a bit.

Do you already have it, or are you getting it done?

cviewmike851
10-14-08, 10:55 pm
i dont think a judge can lower your points because of things such as stretch marks tattoos etc. at least thats what ive been told

The Epidemic
10-14-08, 11:02 pm
it dony look good on stage... i was a show and this guy had a a full selevee and a 2 chest tats...yuck

Cstlfx
10-14-08, 11:25 pm
I'd figure out what Lee Priest uses. He has enough of them, and they dont seem to show too much on stage.

GoldieLocks
10-31-08, 8:40 pm
i dont think a judge can lower your points because of things such as stretch marks tattoos etc. at least thats what ive been told

It's true. Tats cover muscle definition. Depending on the particular ink work, it can work against your overall judging. If it covers up critical cuts, and muscle junctions, you'd be better off waiting until after your competition seasons.

On the other side, if you want to get it, make sure to start your pro tan or (new) Jan Tana Competition color at least 3 days out to get super dark. With a coat of Dream tan #2 (red/brown) the morning of the show, you should be dark enough that the ink is not as "stand-out".

I would NOT recommend using any kind of make up or "spackle" to cover your s##t up, looks terrible and takes away even MORE of your definition. Just paint more...Unless you've got some LANGUAGE that is unappropriate for a family show, then cover it up.

One of my clients has "Pay up sucker" on her ass...(yes, the things we do when we are young). I have her cover it up with MAC make-up. All of my other Tatoo'ed beauties, including myself, just leave it alone...

~G

The Epidemic
11-01-08, 12:38 pm
I would NOT recommend using any kind of make up or "spackle" to cover your s##t up, looks terrible and takes away even MORE of your definition. Just paint more...Unless you've got some LANGUAGE that is unappropriate for a family show, then cover it up.

~G

not true,.. my sister coved my tatto on my back and it looks great, pics are on myspace

GoldieLocks
11-01-08, 2:57 pm
not true,.. my sister coved my tatto on my back and it looks great, pics are on myspace

Wonderful to hear. I've seen some absolutely terrible jobs at the nationals and a ton at local shows on people. Go buy her some flowers to say thanks for an awesome job...!

The Epidemic
11-01-08, 3:04 pm
Wonderful to hear. I've seen some absolutely terrible jobs at the nationals and a ton at local shows on people. Go buy her some flowers to say thanks for an awesome job...!

u want to see the pics? have you seen Big Al tat?

dannynb
12-09-08, 11:54 pm
Jan Tana covered up my tats well and I also used a make-up kit they seel for tat cover up and you couldn't even see it on stage and it didn't hinder my cuts...my entire right side of my rib cage is ikned and I still took 2nd.

C.Coronato
01-12-09, 4:18 pm
I never covered mine, with the exception of Pro-Tan. It looked fine, and i still did fairly well.

C.Coronato
01-12-09, 4:29 pm
I have one whole pec done and down to a half sleeve. I had no problems with the ink. after the cover up. Good Luck.

The Epidemic
01-13-09, 7:37 pm
I have one whole pec done and down to a half sleeve. I had no problems with the ink. after the cover up. Good Luck.
post a pic// where u from in nj too
?\?

C.Coronato
01-14-09, 9:09 am
ill get a pic up when i can .. im from toms river, i did the golds classic in long branch as well as a natural show up in poughkeepsie. Were u at the golds classic?

Mika
01-27-10, 2:58 pm
I have a couple of tattoos and dont have problem with contest,when i get tanned ,tattoos just gonne :D

xlionx
05-11-10, 4:09 pm
I have only one goal and it may be the same as some of yours to compete in a show...but the problem is i have a full sleeve and a couple stomach tattoos should i be concerned is it gunna set me back are the gunna dock me whats i have no clue?

C.Coronato
05-11-10, 4:11 pm
I have a half sleeve on my left arm as well as my entire left pec done .. you should be fine. Most of the Pro-Tan or Jan-Tana covers it up, i dont have any problems my man.

xlionx
05-11-10, 4:23 pm
nice whats ur height and comp weight,and offseason weight?

C.Coronato
05-11-10, 4:31 pm
5'6" offseason weight was up to 225 this year, but was too heavy for me, i compete at 176, im 4 weeks out from a show now. you?

xlionx
05-11-10, 4:38 pm
my heaviest was about 230 but im 5'8" but ive been tryn to keep my bf below 9% so when i decide to to compete its not gunna kill me.Kinda got the idea from an atricle vinny put on the universal site(balanced bulking blueprint).But still havent competed

Legacy
05-11-10, 4:51 pm
Hey xlionx, can you put a link to that article you read from vinny (balanced bulking blueprint), I haven't read it yet and I can't find it on the universal site. Much appreciated bro.

xlionx
05-11-10, 5:08 pm
yea dude i like that site as much as the animal site...i think itll work here you go bro http://www.universalnutrition.com/athletes/bulking.cfm

Legacy
05-11-10, 6:05 pm
yea dude i like that site as much as the animal site...i think itll work here you go bro http://www.universalnutrition.com/athletes/bulking.cfm

Check out this site bro, you might like this one too

http://universalusa.com/

xlionx
05-11-10, 9:03 pm
thanx bro good looks...ive come across it but forgot bout it

Legacy
05-11-10, 11:57 pm
thanx bro good looks...ive come across it but forgot bout it

Thats a good diet he had written out in that article. Think I might give a shot to try and lean up a little bit but screw around with some of the portions and carbs. Thanks again man.

martine4161
07-17-10, 8:44 am
I suggest you get a tattoo that says "Permanent".I never said it would be easy only that it would be worth it.I wouldn't worry about it too much. I get the same thing on my left arm every time I get tattooed there.Your tattoo artist may have given you a contact number and instructions on how to care for your new tattoo.