PDA

View Full Version : Animal Pump FAQ #1: Do I need to take Animal Pump on non-training days?

Animal Rep
05-18-07, 12:10 pm
Q: Do I need to take Pump on non-training days?

A: You should, yes. Animal Pump is a core, foundational supplement (like Animal Pak and Animal Flex)--one that we believe should be taken on a daily basis. If you are looking to stretch out your can of Pump for budget reasons, you can use bulk creatine or Storm for off days, saving Pump specifically preworkout. Having said that, your results may not be optimal.

wes1
08-07-07, 12:03 pm

A: You should, yes. Animal Pump is a core, foundational supplement (like Animal Pak and Animal Flex)--one that we believe should be taken on a daily basis. If you are looking to stretch out your can of Pump for budget reasons, you can use bulk creatine or Storm for off days, saving Pump specifically preworkout. Having said that, your results may not be optimal.

"May not be optimal". .... If i cant take PUMP daily , am I wasting my time with it ?

Wasteland
08-07-07, 12:06 pm
"May not be optimal". .... If i cant take PUMP daily , am I wasting my time with it ?

May not be optimal, but plenty of lifters only take Pump only on training days (and bulk creatine on off) with great results.

widdlewade44
08-07-07, 12:22 pm
I've used PUMP solely on training days and have used both bulk creatine or Storm on my off days with great success.

I have yet to cycle PUMP for 30 days straight but that is something I will try soon.

So, you can benefit from using PUMP on training days and use a bulk creatine, like Storm, on your off days. Hope this helps, good luck.

Kevin
widdlewade44

Universal Rep
08-07-07, 12:39 pm
I've used PUMP solely on training days and have used both bulk creatine or Storm on my off days with great success.

I have yet to cycle PUMP for 30 days straight but that is something I will try soon.

So, you can benefit from using PUMP on training days and use a bulk creatine, like Storm, on your off days. Hope this helps, good luck.

Kevin
widdlewade44

Pump/Storm combo on on/off days would be solid. I'm guessing there are just as many lifters who take Pump on both on/off days as just on...

bovat
03-01-08, 3:16 pm
if i take it on an off day, how long should i weight to eat

simpleguy
03-01-08, 3:25 pm
if i take it on an off day, how long should i weight to eat

20-30 min should be ok...

bovat
03-01-08, 3:32 pm
thank god, because i spaced out and meant to eat and then take them a little later, but i took the pills and realized i didnt eat, and im fuckin starving

KeYz
03-19-08, 9:52 pm
It seems like this debate goes on...

I was curious if anyone had first hand experience in doing both methods and can compare and contrast the two. I have read some posts about doing it daily and some doing it only on training days, but I haven't read any that has a single persons account of doing both and finding one better than the other.

The FAQ states it might not yield optimal results if not taken daily, I was curious to what extent and any other specifics on how it may effect performance.

I have noticed in other threads that some people say they did not feel the pump in full effect until a week after usage. This would suggest a possible build up in your body, aside from the creatine, which chemicals need to build up in your system before feeling their full effect. Taking it everyday might help expedite this, at least I would imagine.

lucaitavi
09-07-09, 4:59 pm

If I take Pump on non-training days what is the best moment to take it? In the morning? At breakfast I take Pak and at dinner Flex.
My regards from Italy!

C.Coronato
09-08-09, 1:10 pm
If I take Pump on non-training days what is the best moment to take it? In the morning? At breakfast I take Pak and at dinner Flex.
My regards from Italy!

You can take it in the AM in between meals. Take the red pill out if you dont want the stimulant.

lucaitavi
09-08-09, 2:22 pm
You can take it in the AM in between meals. Take the red pill out if you dont want the stimulant.

Good..It's so important to take Pump on-non training days? Generally I don't take creatine on non-training days, but only pre-WO and post-WO, but I had read that is "foundamental supplement" like Pak and Flex.

Altered Beast
09-08-09, 2:30 pm
I take Pump daily with fantastic results. Personally, if I take any other form of creatine it gives me the runs.

If you want to see results with ANY supplement you should take it daily so the body can get use to it, absorb it and send it to your working muscles or store it for the training to come.

If you're worried about tolerance, take it for 6 or 9 weeks and take one week off before re-cycling.

Cascade
04-21-11, 7:35 pm
I take Pump daily with fantastic results. Personally, if I take any other form of creatine it gives me the runs.

Funny you mentioned this. I went off Pump for a few days to see if it was giving me the runs and I think it was. I'm going to try it again tomorrow and see what happens. Maybe it was something I ate, but I would hate to have to put Pump aside.

Bruiser
04-23-11, 8:01 am
I've tried both methinds of taking Pump. I've taken it daily as a "Foundational" supplement and I've taken it just on training days. Here's what I noticed.

Taking it just on training days:
1. I couldn't get a really good pump going
2. Little pump I did get didn't last long
3. I would get the runs
4. vascularity was minimal
5. on off days I looked flat and loose skinned

Taking it EVERY day (after one week):
1. Insane pumps
2. Insane vascularity
3. PWO pump seems to last a lot longer
4. No runs
5. On off days I look full, pumped and vascular

So I definately recommend using it every day. You will see the maximum results after a week of use.

Cascade
04-23-11, 9:49 pm
I've tried both methinds of taking Pump. I've taken it daily as a "Foundational" supplement and I've taken it just on training days. Here's what I noticed.

3. I would get the runs

1. Insane pumps
2. Insane vascularity
4. No runs

So I definately recommend using it every day. You will see the maximum results after a week of use.

Sounds like good common sense. Would hate to not use the whole can.

Cranky
08-18-11, 9:48 am
I know Pump is foundational and could be taken beyond the standard full can 30 pack, but is there any problems or potential setbacks in taking it for months on end. Im going on 4+ months. Am I not doing myself any favors by not taking a break.My vascularity is sick and would hate to loose it.

Universal Rep
08-18-11, 10:42 am
I know Pump is foundational and could be taken beyond the standard full can 30 pack, but is there any problems or potential setbacks in taking it for months on end. Im going on 4+ months. Am I not doing myself any favors by not taking a break.My vascularity is sick and would hate to loose it.

No. But if ya do, def consider removin' the red capsule. The stims, ya def don't wanna be takin' months on end.

AJP1
08-24-11, 12:33 pm
Seems like I get better results taking it for the 30 days str8.
Seems to work best if you wake up and pop em first thing in the AM the. Then you can move on to pak with your 2nd meal and flex with a later meal I think that's best.

The guys that makes these products know best but maybe your body might need a few weeks or few months break from pump just to clean or not be dependent on it but maybe a guru can clarify.

What's stated in the quote below seems to be true as well, but maybe a guru cam give details on if it's a build up in the system or what that way folks would have a better insight if it's really a necessity to take it everyday or just use mono on off days....

3. I would get the runs

1. Insane pumps
2. Insane vascularity
4. No runs