PDA

View Full Version : Animal Nitro FAQ #3: If I do cardio, when should I take Nitro?

Animal Rep
05-18-07, 12:51 pm
Q: If I perform cardio after weight training, when should I take my Nitro pack— before or after cardio?

A: In this scenario, take Nitro immediately after your weight training, before your cardio to begin the muscle repair process without the ingestion of calories. Immediately after your cardio, follow up with your traditional postworkout shake.

gainmusclefast
04-07-08, 3:55 pm
what if i do cardio right before i workout? take after cardio?

Universal Rep
04-07-08, 4:03 pm

I'd wait until after you're done lifting. You can also double up the dose, G...

J-Dawg
04-07-08, 4:21 pm

Like U. Rep said, PWO would be ideal if you're just doing one pack/day. Ideally 2 would be best for results. One before and one after.

Find_The_Will
07-24-09, 3:34 pm
If im taking EAA early in the morning, and during my workout, is it still good to take Nitro right after my workout?

C.Coronato
07-24-09, 3:57 pm
Yes because there are other Aminos in the Nitro.

GreyGhost
07-27-09, 5:27 am
What about taking Nitro first thing in the morning (within 30 min of waking) instead of a whey protein shake? Wouldn't this be more beneficial then the whey to keep me anabolic right after sleep? I usually have a protein shake upon waking and then breakfast about an hour later.

Animal Rep
07-30-09, 11:38 am
What about taking Nitro first thing in the morning (within 30 min of waking) instead of a whey protein shake? Wouldn't this be more beneficial then the whey to keep me anabolic right after sleep? I usually have a protein shake upon waking and then breakfast about an hour later.

You should be having some sort of carbs when you first wake up to slow down the breakdown. I would take a Nitro and some kind of food firs thing in the AM.

J-Dawg
07-30-09, 1:07 pm
Or another way to do it would be to consume Nitro as soon as you wake up (keep a pack at your nightstand w/ a glass or bottle of water ready to go). Then have your whole food meal 15-20 mins later. It's a great way to get some anabolic aminos in your system without potentially messing with your appetite.

Find_The_Will
07-30-09, 2:18 pm
Normally what i do is just use the EAA stack in my morning shake with Whey and Oats and then consume EAA stack during my workout mixed with water and powdered gatorade, and immediately after workout take Nitro. and post w/o shake 30 mins after. Works well for me.

Cygnus
08-28-10, 11:48 am
I hope it is okay to link to outside sources, but brothers, this is why I take my nitro about 5 minutes before I start to throw the weight around.

http://www.nsca-lift.org/Perform/articles/SR090604.pdf -- the first article referenced on nutrition timing went to show that the consumption of EAAs before resistence had a more profound effect that post resistence. Now, I didn't see anyting for people that did BOTH, but just based on the data shown one could easily conclude that the effects would be quite positive.

Such a great supp.