PDA

View Full Version : To Wrath...

Achilles
05-19-07, 4:26 pm
I want to let you know, when I read these sentences ..

"Keep your head together. Move like water and go with the flow. Let go and relax. Let go... Thing is, anything worth having means first learning how to let go. Learning how to let go of your mama's hand. Learning how to walk out from your old man's shadow. Learning how to let go of that map--the one you've relied on, the one that you think is telling you how to get through life. Shit, when we follow a map, we're like fucking tourists. We watch the scenery pass and we snap a couple of pictures. We hold on to those pictures like we own 'em, like they were the real experience itself... "

It had a very profound impact on me, I dunno if you've read my journal but I'm 25 & I dont have any family left .. theyre all gone .. seems like Ive been living in the past for along time .. I'm letting go .. thats shits over .. and reading this made me feel like my struggle isnt one I face by myself .. Thank you Wrath.

and please respond So I know you know

karmazon
05-19-07, 4:46 pm
I want to let you know, when I read these sentences ..

"Keep your head together. Move like water and go with the flow. Let go and relax. Let go... Thing is, anything worth having means first learning how to let go. Learning how to let go of your mama's hand. Learning how to walk out from your old man's shadow. Learning how to let go of that map--the one you've relied on, the one that you think is telling you how to get through life. Shit, when we follow a map, we're like fucking tourists. We watch the scenery pass and we snap a couple of pictures. We hold on to those pictures like we own 'em, like they were the real experience itself... "

It had a very profound impact on me, I dunno if you've read my journal but I'm 25 & I dont have any family left .. theyre all gone .. seems like Ive been living in the past for along time .. I'm letting go .. thats shits over .. and reading this made me feel like my struggle isnt one I face by myself .. Thank you Wrath.

and please respond So I know you know

He doesn't post here.

Giant Killer
05-19-07, 5:54 pm
He doesn't post here.

Ah, but he does...although he would never reveal himself. You just have to keep your eyes open.

super_size_me
05-19-07, 6:06 pm
Ah, but he does...although he would never reveal himself. You just have to keep your eyes open.

Nice! an air of mystery...

benmatthews90
05-19-07, 6:16 pm
kind of scary imo, something of that size and stature skulking around unnoticed, like a rhino that you cant see ;)

Frankie86
05-19-07, 6:34 pm

I'm sorry but I thought he was Wrath..Frank "Wrath" McGrath....rite?..and y are we trying to figure this out?

Rhetoric
05-19-07, 7:10 pm

Maybe that means he's here in spirit... hmmm... interesting...

Giant Killer
05-19-07, 7:57 pm
Sorry for hijacking Achilles thread here, just saying that don't be so quick to think that Wrath does not see what is written here. I don't know for myself, but I think that he does.

karmazon
05-20-07, 2:02 am
I don't know for myself, but I think that he does.

So do you know that he posts here or do you not ?

Achilles
05-20-07, 2:52 am
I have to tell myself and believe he does

ncsu06
05-20-07, 3:23 am
yo bro back to subject..you still have a family here in the forvm...let go of the past because i promise you one thing...your future will be amazing...your an animal..nothing but great thing await you in the future..good luck brother

The Epidemic
05-20-07, 4:12 am
is wrath from NJ or candana?

k1usa
05-20-07, 6:36 am
good lord....Im sure Frank sees this site..why not!!! but bro....your post here is amazing...I know what its like to have no parents....and not much family.....I do have my children and a ton of friends...but buddy..you are here on this forum...and not alone..not at all bro.....this family is huge...caring....not a face with a name...but a spirit with a soul

benmatthews90
05-20-07, 4:20 pm
not a face with a name...but a spirit with a soul

exactly, couldn't have fucking put it better myself

MELTDOWN
05-20-07, 4:25 pm
Sorry for hijacking Achilles thread here, just saying that don't be so quick to think that Wrath does not see what is written here. I don't know for myself, but I think that he does.

wrath and may more scan this forum. you'd be surprised at the people of our lifestyle of bodybuilding, both pro and npc,that actually hang here. and, of course, they usually do not have their real names as their forum names...it's cooler that way....

Fury317
05-20-07, 4:43 pm
is wrath from NJ or candana?

Im think he said he was from Canada originally at the Arnold this year. Not sure tho

dIdDy
05-21-07, 7:12 pm
karmazon = Wrath

everybody knows this, you fool noone...

mjsef88
05-21-07, 7:35 pm
this family is huge...caring....not a face with a name...but a spirit with a soul

damnit k1, always inspirational.

boar
08-20-07, 12:06 pm
I read this post by wrath again and it reminded me about an experience I had just recently. Here is the link to "you wanna be a superhero" in week 7. http://animalpak.com/journey/week.cfm?week=7. I was going to post it directly but I didn't want the post to be too long.

So here it is fellas

I was in whole foods the other day. Liberal central and yuppie families. So anyways I was walking up to the buffet area and there was a woman there with her carriage next to it. I was about to approach the table and the woman totally took off. I didn't really mind because I had the whole side of the buffet area to myself.

After that, I was walking past the bread area. Another woman was about to pull her carriage to the bread section but she swerved out of my way. The pattern started to repeat itself. I really don't think people needed to get out of my way. I'm not that big i'm 5'9 220 but I guess to them I am a freak of nature.

I then went to the check out. Each time someone approaches the cashier they ask " did you find everything you were looking for". I was hoping they asked me this. I was going to be a smartass and say I wouldnt be here if I didn't find everything i was looking for... For some reason they didn't ask me this habitual question...

I guess I was quite a spectacle to these "normal" people. I was walking around in my black tps shirt with the bulldog logo. i was covered in tacky on my arms and shirt...

I want feedback from you animals. Any of you have a "wrath experience"?

Testpolska
08-20-07, 12:17 pm
No, simply because I don't walk around like I'm a badass. I make a concious effort to put a half way inviting look on my face, so people don't immediately assume I'm a nasty dude.

I've been told before by my peers that from afar I look like a mean guy, after getting to know me you'll find thats far from the truth. Now people might be intimidated by someones size, if if that person makes an effort to reach out and and say 'Hey how ya doing? I'm not a jackass just another guy doin what needs to be done'. Now obvisously You can't accually say that, but you'll find that half a smile or a friendly Hey how ya doing? Goes a long way in that respect.

Its sad that simply because of our 'abnormal' physique we have to make an effort to break even in the average persons eyes. However its worth making the effort, if not everywhere at least the places you might find yourself frequenting.

dIdDy
08-20-07, 12:54 pm
I guess I was quite a spectacle to these "normal" people. I was walking around in my black tps shirt with the bulldog logo. i was covered in tacky on my arms and shirt...
lmao...wtf is this post?

FYI, it's more impressive if one attempts to cover up and appear "normal" and still looks jacked. The guys who make it a point to wear tight clothes and be smartasses just end up looking like JACKasses.

musclealchemist
08-20-07, 12:57 pm
People always say i dont smile and look mean, when its quite different. I just look mean when i walk around because im thinking about something or talking to myself in my head. I havent had what happened to you happen to me, but people are stupid if they avoid you because you are a "freak." I guess you have to be skin and bones to normal in the publics eye.

ChandlerXJ
08-20-07, 2:29 pm
the lady was protecting her child because quite honestly, we all know fresh babies are the best source of protein and free form aminos - actually, some kids carry that new creatine we've been hearing about.

Fresh Baby
405g protein
568g carbs
120g fat

ahhhhhhhhh can't you tell I'm super bored at work today?

boar
08-20-07, 2:29 pm
No, simply because I don't walk around like I'm a badass. I make a concious effort to put a half way inviting look on my face, so people don't immediately assume I'm a nasty dude.

I've been told before by my peers that from afar I look like a mean guy, after getting to know me you'll find thats far from the truth. Now people might be intimidated by someones size, if if that person makes an effort to reach out and and say 'Hey how ya doing? I'm not a jackass just another guy doin what needs to be done'. Now obvisously You can't accually say that, but you'll find that half a smile or a friendly Hey how ya doing? Goes a long way in that respect.

Its sad that simply because of our 'abnormal' physique we have to make an effort to break even in the average persons eyes. However its worth making the effort, if not everywhere at least the places you might find yourself frequenting.

I was not trying to look badass or anything like that. My appearence didn't really dawn on me until after the experience.

I did not intend to come off as a complete jackass or an arrogant fuck in this post.

I still don't feel the need to conform though and look "normal".

Later that day I actually went to another supermarket which was more "blue collar" to pick up my regular groceries. I was treated "normally" there I don't really know why but I was. I was also friendly and polite to the cashier there too.

boar
08-20-07, 2:32 pm
the lady was protecting her child because quite honestly, we all know fresh babies are the best source of protein and free form aminos - actually, some kids carry that new creatine we've been hearing about.

Fresh Baby
405g protein
568g carbs
120g fat

Funny shit chandler!

BigAnt
08-20-07, 2:56 pm
I read this post by wrath again and it reminded me about an experience I had just recently. Here is the link to "you wanna be a superhero" in week 7. http://animalpak.com/journey/week.cfm?week=7. I was going to post it directly but I didn't want the post to be too long.

So here it is fellas

I was in whole foods the other day. Liberal central and yuppie families. So anyways I was walking up to the buffet area and there was a woman there with her carriage next to it. I was about to approach the table and the woman totally took off. I didn't really mind because I had the whole side of the buffet area to myself.

After that, I was walking past the bread area. Another woman was about to pull her carriage to the bread section but she swerved out of my way. The pattern started to repeat itself. I really don't think people needed to get out of my way. I'm not that big i'm 5'9 220 but I guess to them I am a freak of nature.

I then went to the check out. Each time someone approaches the cashier they ask " did you find everything you were looking for". I was hoping they asked me this. I was going to be a smartass and say I wouldnt be here if I didn't find everything i was looking for... For some reason they didn't ask me this habitual question...

I want feedback from you animals. Any of you have a "wrath experience"?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

What is normal?

A bloated stomach, veins running up and down the body, red blotchy skin, wearing shirts that are two sizes smaller than your size...not making eye contact, not saying hello to people, trying to throw your weight around (when you only weight a buck sixty five soaking wet with a forty five pound plate strapped to your back?

Bodybuilders are poorly stereotyped by the public already, than you have the people (not saying you are one of them) that walk around the mall with the imaginary lat spread, trying to start fights, always trying to pick up women at the clubs, after the women have told them stop several times...live in the gym 24/7 and have nothing else going on for them!

I always say hello to people, volunteer to help the elderly or the handicapped when I see them, it is just me, not trying to be a suck-up---just my personality...

What WE think is normal to us may not be normal to others...

Perception is key!

krazyassmexican
08-20-07, 2:59 pm
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I always say hello to people, volunteer to help the elderly or the handicapped when I see them, it is just me, not trying to be a suck-up---just my personality...

that's the reason ur an animal

DreamZero
08-20-07, 3:08 pm

Fresh Baby
405g protein
568g carbs
120g fat

I got warned Rcott with baby eating jokes, be careful :P
But babies might not be the ultimate food around.. they're expensive and long to make.. 9 monthes of woman feeding x2.. I like bunnies better.. they breed fast and often.

Enuff fooling around.. lunch time.

Testpolska
08-20-07, 6:20 pm
I was not trying to look badass or anything like that. My appearence didn't really dawn on me until after the experience.

I did not intend to come off as a complete jackass or an arrogant fuck in this post.

I still don't feel the need to conform though and look "normal".

Later that day I actually went to another supermarket which was more "blue collar" to pick up my regular groceries. I was treated "normally" there I don't really know why but I was. I was also friendly and polite to the cashier there too.

Nor did you come off as a jackass. I was simply stating, I know the type of people who are this way. It sucks when I do see these types of people, They reinforce the stereo type of bodybuilders, and most of the time they don't have that solid of a physique to begin with.

And bro theres nothing abnormal about a tshirt and a pair of gym shorts anyway. All I'm simply saying if the lady running away from you bothers you, a little smile goes a long way.

DreamZero
08-21-07, 3:16 pm
Nor did you come off as a jackass. I was simply stating, I know the type of people who are this way. It sucks when I do see these types of people, They reinforce the stereo type of bodybuilders, and most of the time they don't have that solid of a physique to begin with.

And bro theres nothing abnormal about a tshirt and a pair of gym shorts anyway. All I'm simply saying if the lady running away from you bothers you, a little smile goes a long way.

Animals don't smile.. we grin and laugh madly because we're so out of the norms.. just kidding.

Suleiman
08-21-07, 3:54 pm
ironic how those who undergo the "wrath experince" at times hate it and would give anything to be normal(whatever that means right)...yet on the other hands the "normals" with give anything to everything just to feel the "wrath experince"..............just thought i should mention my b

SpartanGlory96
08-21-07, 7:59 pm
ha, I get that all the time at school in the hallways. They did it to me back in high school and they still do it now in college. Hey, that just means I just keep walking straight while everyone else goes around me. O and occasionally I see one of my buddys walkin by and they immeadietly throw their elbows and and try to get big and purposfully bump me, O well fuck it, i dont care.

Shark
08-22-07, 1:34 am
I don't walk around like I'm a badass.

But being 6'4" at 280 with a city accent normally gets people to move out of my way a little quicker.

I normally just rock the black button ups, shades and my slicked back hair. No "Lift heavy or fuck off" t shirts. I've been called a preppy even.

darkside64
08-22-07, 6:51 am
well in america this has never happened to me. Then again I kind of look like a big friendly bear. Im not hairy or anything, I just got the puffy face, from bulking up. Never leaves either(even when I was at 6%). Now in germany different story. Holy scheisse. Fuckin people loot at me in the gym like ron coleman himself just walked in the local ymca. Im really not exaggerating. The gym is basically another hangout place, and to meet people. When a guy like me walks in 6'4, 250lbs with headphones, it automatically not tolerated. The gym owner even told me one time. I know what goes on in bodybuilding, or any other high level sport. In this gym we just dont like that. I think im just gonnqa turn into a shocker like rühl, just to see the reactions haha

SpartanGlory96
08-22-07, 2:07 pm
ya i mean its not like I purposfully walk like that, its just the way I am from all the training. I dont walk around thinking im badass, if you ask anyone im one of the friendliest guy to hang out with.

DetroitMuscle
04-11-08, 9:55 am
Just out of curiosity when I was hangin out with wrath at the cage he mentioned that his tri/forearm was going to be looked at within a few weeks and they were going to go from there with surgery.

Hows he doin? Can we get an update from corporate?

Thanks!

Rob

Enforcer
04-11-08, 9:57 am
Just out of curiosity when I was hangin out with wrath at the cage he mentioned that his tri/forearm was going to be looked at within a few weeks and they were going to go from there with surgery.

Hows he doin? Can we get an update from corporate?

Thanks!

Rob

No surgery needed. Heard he is doing well and recovering nicely

steelarms
04-11-08, 11:06 am
Glad to hear wraths doin ok and hope he feels better.

Deaner488
04-11-08, 11:35 am
Not sure if i missed it but do we know the next time he will be competing?

GrayBull
04-11-08, 12:31 pm
I'm a bit out of the loop...what happened to Wrath?

DetroitMuscle
04-11-08, 2:40 pm
He injured his tricep/elbow doing tricep extensions.

NPRamirez
04-11-08, 2:42 pm
Ouch, that sounds bad. I still think he can stop bullets with those forearms.

DetroitMuscle
04-11-08, 3:58 pm
Ha probably.

When I was talking to him at the Arnold he was telling me that he could not hit upper body at all and was taking this time to really develop his legs more.

I cant wait to see him back in the game soon!

BrotherInArms
04-11-08, 7:59 pm
I read somewhere his forearms measured 18", that true? - sure look that way.

Regardless, I hope he feels alright.

naturalguy
04-12-08, 8:08 am
I read somewhere his forearms measured 18", that true? - sure look that way.

Regardless, I hope he feels alright.

At least 18, they are tremendous

Ricky P
04-12-08, 8:22 am
Yeah, he's a big boy. Good to hear he's doin' alright.

DetroitMuscle
04-16-08, 1:38 pm
When I saw his forearms in person I was like holy shit! Those are big as hell what do you do excersize wise? He said "I dont hit them at all...but now that you said something I am going to have to train them to make them bigger"...

ghost
04-16-08, 1:47 pm
yeah, talked with his sister... no surgery. he is doing well though. said he is anxious to get back to heavy hittin sessions.

mikejones1
04-16-08, 1:48 pm
At least 18, they are tremendous

at least 18? are you serious? i always thought they were 17in, thats what i read...somewhere

Joseph V
08-23-09, 2:49 am
Where has frank been lately,..havent seen any new videos ,..i dont even know if hes competing,..is he??

Mizzarler
08-23-09, 2:54 am
Just did the Tampa Pro...I think he's about to do another show soon too.

Joseph V
08-23-09, 3:42 am
thanks for the info dude..check this vid out ..itsabout derek poundstone and this is what i listen to before heading over to the gym (porkys gym, hialeah florida)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NqBIo55FcDU&feature=related

Joseph V
08-23-09, 4:19 am
i saw the video he seems up to date but his forearms usually are massive they seem smaller here??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjLGKjuOjdQ&feature=PlayList&p=7CA2F03E6A7FB54B&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=14

mritter3
08-23-09, 10:12 am
yeah frank just did the tampa pro, and i think he is getting ready for another one very soon.

belladiabla13
08-23-09, 11:01 am
yeah frank just did the tampa pro, and i think he is getting ready for another one very soon.

He is doing Atlantic City next. He looks amazing!!

Geronimo
09-01-09, 4:28 am
I am rather new at lifting (about 2 years), but I must admit that Frank McGrath is the real deal for me....shit that guy looks good! Great fysique!
but just a question, why doesn't that guy have an web site?

mritter3
09-02-09, 8:38 am
I am rather new at lifting (about 2 years), but I must admit that Frank McGrath is the real deal for me....shit that guy looks good! Great fysique!
but just a question, why doesn't that guy have an web site?

he does have a website...

AFTazz06
10-03-09, 7:55 pm
Dont know if anybody else has posted this yet, but just saw this on MD.com, check it out!

http://mdtv.musculardevelopment.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=2442&Itemid=232

SizeOrDie
10-03-09, 8:26 pm
thats sick good find

Cstlfx
10-03-09, 11:06 pm
I see some other animals from the board lifting in the background!

Frank is in some excellent shape!

dedsqtbnch
10-03-09, 11:13 pm
cool as shit

TigerAce01
10-04-09, 12:07 am
Sick vascularity.

-Ace

prafull
10-04-09, 5:06 am
I see some other animals from the board lifting in the background!

Frank is in some excellent shape!

Yup. G, Rage n others can be seen behind.

AFTazz06
10-04-09, 5:47 pm
Yup. G, Rage n others can be seen behind.

oh yeah, i didnt realize it was them!

mritter3
10-04-09, 5:49 pm
cool...thanks for the post..great vid.

Firefist
10-04-09, 5:50 pm
the ny pro is gonna be an animal freak show! house and wrath!?!? badass.

AFTazz06
10-04-09, 6:43 pm
the ny pro is gonna be an animal freak show! house and wrath!?!? badass.

I agree, ANIMAL PAK taking over NYC in '10!!!

Joseph V
06-15-10, 7:44 pm
as you all may know im a huge fan of mcgrath's physique and his un-dying will for the sport..

just wanted to know hows he doing, and what hes been up to sicne of late,?..and is he training?..i hope hes doing awesome because it would be a real dent to my motivation if hes not

Legacy
06-15-10, 10:47 pm
as you all may know im a huge fan of mcgrath's physique and his un-dying will for the sport..

just wanted to know hows he doing, and what hes been up to sicne of late,?..and is he training?..i hope hes doing awesome because it would be a real dent to my motivation if hes not

Last I heard he was in a car accident and was doing great after that. He did go to England and Temple gym with all those guys to lift and from looking at the pics he looked pretty damn big and solid as usual.

intoodeep25
06-15-10, 11:11 pm
why would what another man is doing/not doing have any affect on your motivation...?

Joseph V
06-15-10, 11:21 pm
why would what another man is doing/not doing have any affect on your motivation...?

because he is what made me start bodybuilding

just like when i first watched x-men and i saw wolverine..wolverine back in the day is what made me wanna become big and as strong as hell

hope that answers your question

Joseph V
06-15-10, 11:22 pm
Last I heard he was in a car accident and was doing great after that. He did go to England and Temple gym with all those guys to lift and from looking at the pics he looked pretty damn big and solid as usual.

what pics?

Legacy
06-15-10, 11:38 pm
what pics?

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r217/er1994/Temple%20ABC/Temple5.jpg

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r217/er1994/photo-5.jpg

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r217/er1994/photo-4.jpg

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r217/er1994/photo-3.jpg

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r217/er1994/photo.jpg

Joseph V
06-15-10, 11:48 pm

thats pretty mysterious lol, but good to know

Joseph V
06-15-10, 11:52 pm
http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r217/er1994/Temple%20ABC/Temple5.jpg

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r217/er1994/photo-5.jpg

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r217/er1994/photo-4.jpg

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r217/er1994/photo-3.jpg

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r217/er1994/photo.jpg

damn bro..thanks legacy =)