PDA

View Full Version : Animal Pump FAQ #7: Can I take Animal Pump with a meal?

Animal Rep
05-18-07, 1:28 pm
Q: Can I take Animal Pump with a meal?

A: For best absorption and optimal utilization, you should avoid taking Animal Pump with food. That said, serious bodybuilders never have a completley empty stomach. If you take in pre-workout nutrition, like a shake, take it as far out as you can and then take Animal Pump about 30 minutes or so before lifting. Try to take the Pump at least 15-30 minutes (if not more) after that meal. You will need to experiment to find the best timing to suit your needs.

timeisforweighting
02-27-09, 12:17 am
can i take animal pump 30 minutes before i lift and then my preworkout nutrition immediately before lifting

Iron58
02-27-09, 9:57 am
can i take animal pump 30 minutes before i lift and then my preworkout nutrition immediately before lifting

I'd say go the other way around. Get your preworkout nutrition (preferably a whole food meal) 1.5-2 hours before your workout, and then take the Pump 20-30 minutes prior to hitting the weights.

Animal Rep
02-27-09, 10:22 am
Hey brother. Say you train at 5pm. Eat at 4pm. Pump at 430pm and gym at 5.

Little Z
02-27-09, 10:44 am

as others have stated do the opposite..

eat, then Pump, then gym..

What I do is have a 90 minute window, where I have my pre-workout meal 90 mins before I plan to hit the gym.. I wait 60 mins
then I take Pump, usually wash it down w/ Shock Therapy, or my Shock Therapy & Intra-Aid combo.. so you are taking Pump 30 mins
before you hit the gym..

timeisforweighting
02-27-09, 1:33 pm
thanks. i know animal supplements are one of the few lines of supplements that work well and i really want to get the most out of them

xinudio
08-07-09, 11:12 am
at the faq on the site it says wait 10-15 mins after taking pump before having a meal ... ok so now i'm a bit confused...

i take a whey shake before i go lifting and the whey starts in about 20 mins after taking so how do i combine this with pump?

greetz xin

Animal Rep
08-12-09, 1:06 pm
You should be eating an hour prior to gym. Wait 30 mins and take pump.

opsab
06-09-10, 6:45 pm
You should be eating an hour prior to gym. Wait 30 mins and take pump.

Is this ok?
8.00 1 pak nitro, to stop catabolism direct in the morning

8.30 A omelet, with four eggs, 2 slices whole wheat bread(toasted) w. natural peanut butter

9.30 1 pak Pump

10.00 Training

// RGDS Bengt N

Animal Rep
06-10-10, 11:49 am
Is this ok?
8.00 1 pak nitro, to stop catabolism direct in the morning

8.30 A omelet, with four eggs, 2 slices whole wheat bread(toasted) w. natural peanut butter

9.30 1 pak Pump

10.00 Training

// RGDS Bengt N

Eat when you get up, you dont have to wait 30 mins after Nitro.
Pump 30 mins after food, then train 30 mins later.

opsab
06-10-10, 2:00 pm
Thank's//Bengt

opsab
06-11-10, 3:36 am
Eat when you get up, you dont have to wait 30 mins after Nitro.
Pump 30 mins after food, then train 30 mins later.
Is this ok? For a starter that wants to lose weight? Shall start w. the cuts after a while, want to get used w. training before.

-8.45 1 pak nitro, to stop catabolism direct in the morning

-09.00 A omelet,with four eggs, 2 slices whole wheat bread(toasted) w. natural peanut butter, 1 Animal Pak

-9.30 1 pak Pump

-10.00 Training, after training second dose of Nitro w. sportdrink

-PWO drink 1/2-1 hour after the Nitro, MRP with a banana, 1 Animal Flex Pak

-A second PWO drink in the afternoon

- Dinner steak or fish w. a large salad and some wine, 1 Animal Omega pak

This is just the kick off diet during my vacation, will be in spain for 3 weeks
// Rgds Bengt N

Animal Rep
06-11-10, 7:53 am
Like i said, you can eat immediately after getting up, you do not have to wait. If your cutting, i would take out the bread, and have oatmeal instead.

After that you are having too many shakes. Sport Drink? 2 PWO, and a MRP? Stick to solid meals. Have something like Torrent and Nitro post workout, the rest should be solid meals. You are making it too difficult.

opsab
06-11-10, 8:30 am
Like i said, you can eat immediately after getting up, you do not have to wait. If your cutting, i would take out the bread, and have oatmeal instead.

After that you are having too many shakes. Sport Drink? 2 PWO, and a MRP? Stick to solid meals. Have something like Torrent and Nitro post workout, the rest should be solid meals. You are making it too difficult.

Thank's I meant 1 MRP as a PWO, and one MRP later in the afternoon, not PWO, sorry.

I totally agree with you about the solid food, ITts just that during vacation w. alot f time on the beach it's much easier with MRP during the day. When everything is back to normal I'm going to replace those MRP w. solid food, but this is kick off diet during vacation.
RGDS

Bengt

Animal Rep
06-11-10, 2:47 pm
That should be ok then. Good Luck.

opsab
06-13-10, 4:41 am
That should be ok then. Good Luck.

Thank's

LadyLore
07-27-14, 6:17 pm
Just a quick question:

The pills in Animal Pump that are brown and pills(not capsules) are hellish for me to swallow. Tiny throat and they just STICK, not smooth at all. I would chew them but they taste pretty aweful.

Are there any plans to sugar coat these pills, or offer them in capsule form soon?

I love Animal Pump and it's a fantastic all in one PWO supp, but it really blows getting those down. Every other time I take it I gag on one of those pills and get to the gym nauseous and at less than optimal energy from trying to not vomit at the pill stuck in my throat.

Really enjoy the product, just not those pills.

Any help on this?

Swolepez
07-27-14, 7:07 pm
Just a quick question:

The pills in Animal Pump that are brown and pills(not capsules) are hellish for me to swallow. Tiny throat and they just STICK, not smooth at all. I would chew them but they taste pretty aweful.

Are there any plans to sugar coat these pills, or offer them in capsule form soon?

I love Animal Pump and it's a fantastic all in one PWO supp, but it really blows getting those down. Every other time I take it I gag on one of those pills and get to the gym nauseous and at less than optimal energy from trying to not vomit at the pill stuck in my throat.

Really enjoy the product, just not those pills.

Any help on this?

You could always break them in half and swallow them that way.

LadyLore
07-27-14, 8:15 pm
You could always break them in half and swallow them that way.

That's a thought, but it doesn't make the texture any smoother and I've discovered by doing this many times previously that it will often catch on a sharp edge and scratch my throat all the way down, an even more unpleasant experience.

Swolepez
07-27-14, 9:43 pm
I've discovered by doing this many times previously that it will often catch on a sharp edge and scratch my throat all the way down, an even more unpleasant experience.

Lol, sorry, but that made me laugh

Here's a couple of things:
1) do you put the pills and then add water or do you already have water in your mouth before popping the pill?
2) I've heard that it's actually easier to swallow pills if your head is tilted down rather than the usual tilting our heads back in order to swallow a pill
3) last, I know some stores sell pill crushers....and then you could mix it with a drink

LadyLore
07-28-14, 2:33 pm
Lol, sorry, but that made me laugh

Here's a couple of things:
1) do you put the pills and then add water or do you already have water in your mouth before popping the pill?
2) I've heard that it's actually easier to swallow pills if your head is tilted down rather than the usual tilting our heads back in order to swallow a pill

Advice applicable in other categories >.<

3) last, I know some stores sell pill crushers....and then you could mix it with a drink

I may just end up doing that. It's not overwhelmingly bitter. I've chewed it up before.

J-Dawg
07-28-14, 3:27 pm
Advice applicable in other categories >.<

I may just end up doing that. It's not overwhelmingly bitter. I've chewed it up before.

Yeah, worst case, it might be best to put the tabs in a blender and mix with a beverage so that you don't have to swallow the tabs.