PDA

View Full Version : Water

BigAnt
05-25-07, 1:17 am
Water, you all may know, that...your weight is 60 to 70 percent water.
Muscle tissue is 70 to 75 percent water. And blood is about 90 percent water (when fully hydrated).

A good rule of thumb is to drink half your body weight in ounces of water...DAILY

Example...a 200 pound person will need 100 ounces of water--daily
(a gallon is 126 ounces)

Some of my tricks.

Yeah, I eat to win shows, but---sometimes I crave a little flav-a-flav.
Ya heard--Do I sound like Snoop Dog?

Okay serious stuff, pay attention, you need more water if you are supplementing with creatine, amino's, fat burners and taking in a lot of protein...

But, plain water sometimes just won't go down...

TRY:
Freezing some lemon and lime slices, throw them in your water bottle.

Mix a small bottle of flavored carbonated water into your gallon of water.

What I do sometimes (most cases I just drink my 2 gallons of ice water a day)

After I drink half a gallon of regular water, I mix half a gallon of water with crystal light (tangerine-strawberry is my favorite) I mix it water-downed, just to add a little flavor. I do this for 2 gallons a day.

DRINK UP!

ChrisG
05-25-07, 1:24 am
Thanks for the info on how much to drink a day and the reminder! At the end of some days I start to think about what I've taken in.. and some days I lack on the water supply. I get the joy of drinkin some good ole well water! lol

BigAnt
05-25-07, 1:35 am
Thanks for the info on how much to drink a day and the reminder! At the end of some days I start to think about what I've taken in.. and some days I lack on the water supply. I get the joy of drinkin some good ole well water! lol

You will see a huge improvement in your training and energy levels once you keep your water in check!

Ant.

Everyonedoes
05-25-07, 1:31 pm
I drink a gallon of water durring my 8 hour work day. Then i kinda lose track of how much i take in after that but im sure its not more then another half gallon. For some reason i love the taste of water and i dont get tired of it.

liftoldschool
05-25-07, 1:40 pm
Thanks for those tips on flavoring water. I know sometimes I just can't handle any more plain water, but there aren't any substitutes for it. hopefully this will help me start drinking my share of good ol' h20

Punisher
05-25-07, 1:40 pm
sugar free tang is the shiz and gives your water a nice sugar free kick.

krazyassmexican
05-25-07, 1:57 pm
WOW

ironshaolin
05-25-07, 2:09 pm
Those are nice tips, I always just fill my gallon jug up before I go to bed and make sure its empty by the end of the next day. Now I wonder one thing: we all know how important sleep is, but does anybody else feel they lose alot of sleep because of how many times they have to get up and pee during the night?

krazyassmexican
05-25-07, 2:13 pm
I HAD THAT PROBLEM WHEN I STARTED DRINKING THAT MUCH WATER NOT ANYMORE

Those are nice tips, I always just fill my gallon jug up before I go to bed and make sure its empty by the end of the next day. Now I wonder one thing: we all know how important sleep is, but does anybody else feel they lose alot of sleep because of how many times they have to get up and pee during the night?

rjs
05-25-07, 2:41 pm

I had that problem before. than i decided that after 9pm I would have only 1 glass of water and that's after my bedtime protein shake. that brought down the number of trips to the toilet at night considerably (from 4-5 trips to 1 or 2).

there are days when i would fall asleep immediately after a trip and others where i would struggle miserably.

BigAnt
05-25-07, 9:11 pm
sugar free tang is the shiz and gives your water a nice sugar free kick.

Cutler does this!

BigAnt
05-28-07, 2:52 pm
Muscle tissue is 70 to 75 percent water. And blood is about 90 percent water (when fully hydrated).

A good rule of thumb is to drink half your body weight in ounces of water...DAILY

(a gallon is 126 ounces)

Some of my tricks.

Okay serious stuff, pay attention, you need more water if you are supplementing with creatine, amino's, fat burners and taking in a lot of protein...

TRY:

After I drink half a gallon of regular water, I mix half a gallon of water with crystal light (tangerine-strawberry is my favorite) I mix it water-downed, just to add a little flavor. I do this for 2 gallons a day.

DRINK UP!

Had to bump it back on top...this is very important stuff!

ChrisG
05-28-07, 2:57 pm
Yea man I went to the beach yesterday and kept thinking about this post. Went through a whole case of water within about 5 hours at the beach.. came back looking like a lobster.

MELTDOWN
05-28-07, 3:02 pm
a co worker and i down so much water at work, they set up our own cooler with the 5 gallon jug refills. we add some sliced lemon, oranges, tangerines, etc to give it some "flavor flav !!!!" plus it keeps the regulars away from our stash.
and i'd forgotten all about the tang...good post Super Ant

gflash77
05-28-07, 3:59 pm
Ant, according to your post my intake should be around exactly one gallon (258 lbs.), which I have followed prety well. I have heard some people go as high as two gallons (some on the board here, and I think Wrath did for his Journey) a day. When training for strength and definition/weight loss, does an extra gallon of water a day make a huge difference?

BigAnt
05-28-07, 10:11 pm
Ant, according to your post my intake should be around exactly one gallon (258 lbs.), which I have followed prety well. I have heard some people go as high as two gallons (some on the board here, and I think Wrath did for his Journey) a day. When training for strength and definition/weight loss, does an extra gallon of water a day make a huge difference?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------Water, you all may know, that...your weight is 60 to 70 percent water.

Wrath is huge, a very big guy, one of the best bodybuilders, and he is very cool! Based on his size, and because of bodybuilding, 2 gallons is good, just some general info for ya...when we (competitive bodybuilders get ready for the show, water is the best diuretic...I drink on a Wednesday-Thursday before a show up to 3 gallons a day..AGAIN FOR COMPETITIONS...

YOU DON'T NEED TO BE DOWNING 3 GALLONS A DAY... but from
1 gallon -2 gallons a day would be great for you!

gflash77
05-28-07, 11:49 pm
Thanks Ant!

Seifer
05-29-07, 11:59 am
I was about to come here and ask my bros if adding stuff to water (crystal light, or similar sugar free additives) has any negatives effects towards our bodies using the water we drink.

- But its been answered already.

krazyassmexican
05-29-07, 12:21 pm
do i get the same benefits from drinkin a galon sugar free tang
or just water?

quiksilver
05-30-07, 11:18 am
Crystal Light is the shiz. Sugar and calorie free and I can drink more water than any human should because of it.

mcbeast
05-30-07, 11:23 am
5-8 liters depending what i do and amount of activity that day

SolidTongan
05-31-07, 6:39 pm
Wouldn't hurt to have sum type of an electrolyte after your training. It's good to stay hydrated, but there are cases of drinking too much water. Overhydration occurs more frequently than dehydration, and this can cause a problem called hyponatremia...which can be deadly. There are salts in your body that need to remain in a constant level, and when you sweat, some of the salts are released, leaving behind a lower level of salts. When you drink more water after your workouts, you're dilluting the levels of the salt, and that can be very deadly! So, don't forget 'bout them electrolytes! Can't get bigger if you're dead!

Soldier
05-31-07, 9:40 pm
Gallon a day baby

eblnyc
06-03-07, 9:22 pm
dr ant have you tried crystal light whit tea and blueberry? it rocks!

train.eat.supp.sleep
06-05-07, 10:24 pm
sometimes i throw in a 32oz of gatorade propel fitness water mixed in with my reg gallon...pretty good

king1
06-05-07, 11:04 pm
Im 184 lbs and (1/2 bodyweight) 92oz a day seems kinda low. I drink probly 160 oz's a day. THen again i take a lot of supps, and with all the sweating i do i gotta keep hydrated.

Skater51o
06-05-07, 11:11 pm
is it bad to drink more than half your weight in OZs? I definitely drink more than that, but i do drink a lot of protein and am on pump and nitro g. i only weigh 160 but i drink a LOT of water. Not sure how many ozs but what you guys think?

Sambocephus
06-26-07, 4:39 pm
what will happen if you drink too much?

water intoxification?

BigAnt
06-26-07, 9:04 pm
dr ant have you tried crystal light whit tea and blueberry? it rocks!

sounds very good!

Lowdown5
06-26-07, 9:11 pm
Just picked up these packs of real lemon flavor at the store. Zero calories and give water a lemon flavor. I have found since using them that I drink more water than before.

Joker-Roo
07-07-07, 5:07 pm
I have a 2 Gallon Jug of water at my house and I have it covered with pictures of cutler, arnold etc, May be little elaborate but makes me drink.

When I see these numbers is just dosen't make sense why people don't meet the minimum!

Thanks for the tips

Andru

Roland
07-07-07, 5:15 pm
I have a 2 Gallon Jug of water at my house and I have it covered with pictures of cutler, arnold etc, May be little elaborate but makes me drink.

When I see these numbers is just dosen't make sense why people don't meet the minimum!

Thanks for the tips

Andru

Nice.

Ricky P
07-07-07, 6:09 pm
a co worker and i down so much water at work, they set up our own cooler with the 5 gallon jug refills. we add some sliced lemon, oranges, tangerines, etc to give it some "flavor flav !!!!" plus it keeps the regulars away from our stash.
and i'd forgotten all about the tang...good post Super Ant

Haha, that's awesome. Must be nice to have a personal 5 gallon tank of your own stuff at work. Good shit.

violator
07-09-07, 7:30 am
Yo Bigant,

Thanks 4 tha tips, but to clarify a point;
is drinkin crap like sf tang & crystal lite the same as drinkin water?
i heard/ read somewhere (a great source, i know...) that mixin this shit in2 water doesnt have the same effect as plain h2o?

any truth in that?

adidas
07-09-07, 10:24 pm
i carry a 1/2 gal cooler to work with me and fill it up anywere from 3-4 times...this doesnt even count the liter i drink prior to work or the 16oz of green tea i drink through out the day.

violator
07-10-07, 6:54 am
yeah man, green tea is the business, drink about a litre a day...

peace.

krazyassmexican
07-10-07, 10:24 pm
i have this question i didnt wanna ask cuz some of you guys probably get mad but

i think it was yesterday
there was this "doctor"
in a radio station talking about good ways of eating
talking about the 6 meals a day, about timing and good/bad carbs

a lot of stuff made sense but she said something about water that left me speechless

she said we should drink the half of our weight on ounces of water

so let's say if i weight 300lbs i should drink 150oz of water
and if u drink more than that it could be even fatal

could that be truth?

krazyassmexican
07-10-07, 10:33 pm
hey big ant do you think you could help me on this one?

MassMonster
07-10-07, 10:49 pm
theres a site forgot the name.... but it has a water calculator that calculates how much water your body can handle....

krazyassmexican
07-10-07, 10:50 pm
well i guess that could be truth then the most that i've been drinkin is a gallon and a half and when i do that some how i get more thirsty and want to get rid of all the water i see
theres a site forgot the name.... but it has a water calculator that calculates how much water your body can handle....

MassMonster
07-10-07, 10:59 pm
dont know y ud become more thirsty but hey it happens.... id say drink as much water as u want just spread it out a lil so u dont drown yourself like that 1 dude did....

krazyassmexican
07-10-07, 11:01 pm
i dont drink that much since i dont wanna be waking up to undrink hahaha (i find that word funny) but you know what i mean but hey after watchin what wrath did on the arms video i tried the same today i threw my bcaa stack in the rest of the water in my jug, it was funnier that way
dont know y ud become more thirsty but hey it happens.... id say drink as much water as u want just spread it out a lil so u dont drown yourself like that 1 dude did....

Lowdown5
07-10-07, 11:04 pm
I hate hearing bullshit like this. I agree that you can drink too much water too fast and people have died from it (we had a lady here in town that died during a dumbass radioo station promotion, she drank 2 gallons of water in an hour and a half and wasn't allowed to piss)

That being said, if you are active, you safely can drink one to two gallons a day and be ok. I drink 2 gallons a day and the only downside is that I piss all day long.

MassMonster
07-10-07, 11:06 pm
I hate hearing bullshit like this. I agree that you can drink too much water too fast and people have died from it (we had a lady here in town that died during a dumbass radioo station promotion, she drank 2 gallons of water in an hour and a half and wasn't allowed to piss)

That being said, if you are active, you safely can drink one to two gallons a day and be ok. I drink 2 gallons a day and the only downside is that I piss all day long.

haha yea it puts a damper on the days events at times ......

krazyassmexican
07-10-07, 11:06 pm
i heard that about the lady and at the same time i agree with you with the other stuff some of my homegirls ask me if animal pak wasnt too much and i said

probably if i was scratchin my balls the whole day it would be too much but since my body needs it i think is just enough (well now i think it applies to water too)

Roland
07-10-07, 11:07 pm
Dude, I'm pretty sure you would kill yourself if you drank 2 gallons of water all at once. But if you space it out during your whole day, I don't see any problems with it, the more water u drink the better.

Something you should take into consideration is if you eat 1.5g you need 1.5 gallons of water, 2g protein per lb of body weight = 2 gallons of water. Again, many people overlook the importance of water. These are just minimums. If we told you that you would put inches on your arms, and get bigger, if you drank more water, would you drink more? Keep hydrated bro, drink up.

TheNaturalG
07-10-07, 11:08 pm
Bro what the doctor said is nonsense. If you are eating bodybuilder type amounts of protein half your bodyweight in ounces of water could be 'potentially' dangerous. A good baseline that I have learned is 1 gallon of water for every 1 gram of protein you have per pound of weight. So if you weigh 150 and eat 150 grams of protein you only need 1 gallon of water. If you weight 200 and eat 400 grams of protein you should be getting 2 gallons of water.

The only way to much water will become dangerous is if you overhydrate which from my understanding is not easy to do at all especially by accident.

krazyassmexican
07-10-07, 11:08 pm
well in the water case i dont think i am doing to bad at least i drink a gallon a day the most is 1.5 gallons and like i said i could probably drink 2 gallons but the nite pissin would be intense haha
Dude, I'm pretty sure you would kill yourself if you drank 2 gallons of water all at once. But if you space it out during your whole day, I don't see any problems with it, the more water u drink the better.

Something you should take into consideration is if you eat 1.5g you need 1.5 gallons of water, 2g protein per lb of body weight = 2 gallons of water. Again, many people overlook the importance of water. These are just minimums. If we told you that you would put inches on your arms, and get bigger, if you drank more water, would you drink more? Keep hydrated bro, drink up.

krazyassmexican
07-10-07, 11:10 pm
thanks a lot for making it clear i think like lowdown said too much water could be dangerous only for the "i dont wanna get off the couch the whole day people" not for us and i still believe even that people needs at least 1 gallon
Bro what the doctor said is nonsense. If you are eating bodybuilder type amounts of protein half your bodyweight in ounces of water could be 'potentially' dangerous. A good baseline that I have learned is 1 gallon of water for every 1 gram of protein you have per pound of weight. So if you weigh 150 and eat 150 grams of protein you only need 1 gallon of water. If you weight 200 and eat 400 grams of protein you should be getting 2 gallons of water.

The only way to much water will become dangerous is if you overhydrate which from my understanding is not easy to do at all especially by accident.

Roland
07-10-07, 11:11 pm
well in the water case i dont think i am doing to bad at least i drink a gallon a day the most is 1.5 gallons and like i said i could probably drink 2 gallons but the nite pissin would be intense haha

Yea, you can't just drink it all of a sudden....You have to work your way up to it. It took me a while, and my body is used to it now, I drink 2 gallons like it was a cup of water for a normal person, of course throughout the whole day. Work your way up slowly, and 1.5 g I think is good.

Lowdown5
07-10-07, 11:14 pm
Yea, you can't just drink it all of a sudden....You have to work your way up to it. It took me a while, and my body is used to it now, I drink 2 gallons like it was a cup of water for a normal person, of course throughout the whole day. Work your way up slowly, and 1.5 g I think is good.

I agree. And on gettin up to piss at night, I would rather do that than be dehydrated.

Roland
07-10-07, 11:16 pm
I agree. And on gettin up to piss at night, I would rather do that than be dehydrated.

Yea I used to get up like 2-3 times during the night, now my body is used toit, sometimes I drink almost half a gallon before bed and I only wake up 1 time. Then when I wake up if I feel thirsty I always have my half gallon jug with me and drink some more then go back to bed.

Lowdown5
07-10-07, 11:17 pm
Yea I used to get up like 2-3 times during the night, now my body is used toit, sometimes I drink almost half a gallon before bed and I only wake up 1 time. Then when I wake up if I feel thirsty I always have my half gallon jug with me and drink some more then go back to bed.

Me too.

krazyassmexican
07-10-07, 11:17 pm
that's pretty dope i probably stick to 1 gallon-1 gallon and a half until my body gets used to get more water
Yea man I went to the beach yesterday and kept thinking about this post. Went through a whole case of water within about 5 hours at the beach.. came back looking like a lobster.

MassMonster
07-10-07, 11:25 pm
i like the title but if u wake up at various times of the night it opens a window for u 2 hit in a protein shake or dig a lite meal in.... i do it when i gotta wake up and i get a peanut butter sandwich then go back to bed.... helps me sleep too...

violator
07-12-07, 5:41 am
is drinkin crap like sf tang & crystal lite the same as drinkin water?
i heard/ read somewhere (a great source, i know...) that mixin this shit in2 water doesnt have the same effect as plain h2o?

any truth in that?

so anyone care 2 comment?

MassMonster
07-12-07, 9:13 am
uh dude plain h2o is un messed around with..... it may have sum minerals in it but the flavored stuff in my opinion isnt the same...

krazyassmexican
07-12-07, 9:20 am
i second this
uh dude plain h2o is un messed around with..... it may have sum minerals in it but the flavored stuff in my opinion isnt the same...

Macrobolic
07-13-07, 2:29 pm

(a gallon is 126 ounces)

Some of my tricks.

TRY:

DRINK UP!

Great post man.

I try to get at least 100oz of pure water a day, and that is on top of the water I take with my creatine, BCAA's, protein shakes, from food, etc. But I like the idea of drinking 1/2 your bodyweight in oz. It makes it simple to remember and you aren't going to get water poisoning.

Macrobolic
07-13-07, 2:30 pm

word!

Toni69
07-13-07, 3:35 pm
You know what's funny? When I diet for a show, I dont even think 2x about getting down 2gallons of water everyday..its like nothing, like second nature for me, I just do it. Now, in clean bulk mode (118lbs now too!), I struggle getting down a bit over a gallon. I have to force myself to drink that much. Its like since I dont HAVE to really drink all that water..cause I am not necessarily preparing for anything now, (other than the future), then I just get by with the gallon or gallon and half I drink daily now..but its usually a struggle.

I dont drink anything else other than 1 cup of coffee every morning and 1 diet coke with dinner every night. I drink water in my proten shakes and in my pre-wo drinks...so that gets to be about 1 and a half gallons total with my 2 bottles of plain water I carry around with me all day.

I miss dieting!

simpleguy
07-13-07, 3:46 pm
wouldn't wanna start a thread about this, but it's quite annoying for me when I'm with my friends... I drink about 1.5-2 gallons of water a day ...usually about every 2 or 3 hours I have to piss... ha-ha... they always make fun of this stuff that I search for public toilets... sometimes I don't find any lol.....

Toni69
07-13-07, 3:51 pm
nah..when I train, usually for about 1 1/2 to 2 hrs (for my longer wo's), and it depends on how long I rest or who stops to chit chat with me, I seriously pee around 6-7 times in that time frame! Its stupid! It was worse when I was on cuts!

The worst is waking up at night to pee..God that sucks!

IRBS
07-13-07, 3:53 pm
nah..when I train, usually for about 1 1/2 to 2 hrs (for my longer wo's), and it depends on how long I rest or who stops to chit chat with me, I seriously pee around 6-7 times in that time frame! Its stupid! It was worse when I was on cuts!

The worst is waking up at night to pee..God that sucks!

I hate getting up at night to pee...HATE IT!! Especially when I miss the bowl cause I'm still asleep, LOL!!!

Toni69
07-13-07, 3:56 pm
I hate getting up at night to pee...HATE IT!! Especially when I miss the bowl cause I'm still asleep, LOL!!!

You miss the bowl? I actually fell in the toilet one night cause my SON got up in the mid of the night to pee and he used my bathroom. I didnt hear him come in because I was sleeping. He left the toilet seat up...and the stupid bowl was wet too! God I was sooooo mad!!!

its funny now..but it wasnt when I was trying to get my fat ass out of the dam toilet..and these British toilets are freakin small! ROFL

Travis
07-13-07, 4:08 pm
You know what's funny? When I diet for a show, I dont even think 2x about getting down 2gallons of water everyday..its like nothing, like second nature for me, I just do it. Now, in clean bulk mode (118lbs now too!), I struggle getting down a bit over a gallon. I have to force myself to drink that much. Its like since I dont HAVE to really drink all that water..cause I am not necessarily preparing for anything now, (other than the future), then I just get by with the gallon or gallon and half I drink daily now..but its usually a struggle.

I dont drink anything else other than 1 cup of coffee every morning and 1 diet coke with dinner every night. I drink water in my proten shakes and in my pre-wo drinks...so that gets to be about 1 and a half gallons total with my 2 bottles of plain water I carry around with me all day.

I miss dieting!

wow toni i struggle to get down 1 gallon and i'm training 4 hours a day.

Molasses
07-18-07, 1:15 pm
Haha, i knew this guy who didn't lift or anything, but he was into competitive eating, and not like professional, like betting money with friends and it was kinda weird and wicked unhealthy, but anyways, he drank a gallon of water in like 15 mins, and it messed up his sodium/electrolyte levels to the point where he was wondering around in shock, and had no clue who he was or what he was doing.

He came back eventually, it deffinately took some gatorade and we got to call him dumb. oh man, old memories

Toni69
07-18-07, 1:20 pm

trust me..I'm feeling your pain now! Like I said before, when I getting ready for a show..its all second nature. I dont think about being hungry, I dont think about being tired..or how much water I drank..I just guzzle it down like a dam tank.

Now...the water is getting to me. Im still getting in about 2 gallons most of the time, but its a struggle man! LOL

The other night, I had about 1 litre to go and it was around 1030pm. I refused to go to bed till I finshed the darn thing. It was like 1130 when I finished it....it had to be down the hatch before midnight! LOL...I know, Im a dork!

I was cursing myself when I had to get up at like 1am to freakin pee too! LOL

simpleguy
07-18-07, 2:05 pm
in the past few days I reduced my water intake a bit, now I drink 5 litres a day, that's about 1.3-1.4 gallons a day... I feel a bit more comfortable like this and I don't go to the bathroom 15 times a day, now it's only about 8-10 times

Rage
07-18-07, 6:35 pm
A gallon per day works great for me.

markhiram
07-20-07, 10:58 am
I kill a gallon of water during my 8 hour work day. I've thought about uping my dosage cause the gallon is gone before lunch. Is it O.K. to drink up to 2 gallons if I'm not busting my tail everyday sweating it off?

simpleguy
07-20-07, 3:15 pm
I kill a gallon of water during my 8 hour work day. I've thought about uping my dosage cause the gallon is gone before lunch. Is it O.K. to drink up to 2 gallons if I'm not busting my tail everyday sweating it off?

definitely ok, it's just that at the moment I restrict myself to 1.5 gallons a day, some days lower it up even to a gallon, cause it's damn hot here and I sweat every 10 minutes, and I sweat a bit less when I drink only 1-1.5 gallons of water a day... there is probably a limit of too much water a day, but it's not even close to 2 gallons, so go ahead, drink it

Roland
07-24-07, 12:46 am

Training 4 hours a day?

H4RDC0R3
07-26-07, 12:37 am
i drink a gallon a day and only train 1 hour a day... but its intense.... i would never do 4 hours

Medford
07-26-07, 1:01 pm
I drink a ton of water. I love water, just plain old water, nothing else. I sweat a lot very easily, maybe that's why I can drink it so much

xenrus
07-29-07, 3:21 am
Some people say , that boiled water , as it cools down , is useless,empty ?I mean we need tonns of water everyday , so i boil some of it and drink after.Does this mean the water is useless and only mineral/carbohydrated water is good ?

Medford
07-30-07, 4:25 pm
I'm glad I like water. I bring a bottle and some ice to work. Fat manager said I can only have a 12 ounce beverage, I told him I waste more salivia than that talking to the customers on the headset

Terranova1340
08-01-07, 12:42 pm
Hydroxycut.com has a water calculator for both men and women. Just FYI in case you were wondering.

Roland
08-03-07, 5:29 am
I'm still interested in why you are training 4 hours a day, never got an answer?

darkside64
08-03-07, 5:34 am

(a gallon is 126 ounces)

Some of my tricks.

TRY:

DRINK UP!

thanks for tip. A lot of times we are so worried about all this complex shit, that we forget the simple things like drinking a lot of water, for performance and hydration

bigguns1234
08-07-07, 1:44 pm

(a gallon is 126 ounces)

Some of my tricks.

TRY:

DRINK UP!

Hey Big Ant I drink 3 gallons of water a day, Is that too much? Can i retain any of it to get me bloated???

BigAnt
08-07-07, 1:53 pm
Hey Big Ant I drink 3 gallons of water a day, Is that too much? Can i retain any of it to get me bloated???

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

General rule is 1/2 your body weight in ounces, could change depending on your work-activity level-climate....Drinking too much water can lead to a condition known as water intoxication --- hyponatremia!

If you drink a lot of water, as long as you drink over time as opposed to intaking an enormous volume at one time---WILL BE SAFER!

barnhart14
08-08-07, 12:37 pm
This is probably an obvious question but I'm going to ask anyway. Should you take in more water on training days or would it be best to stay consistent throughout the week

BigAnt
08-08-07, 2:22 pm
This is probably an obvious question but I'm going to ask anyway. Should you take in more water on training days or would it be best to stay consistent throughout the week

----------------------------------------------------------------------yes, while you train you need to keep hydrated, one more reason why I drink the BigAnt drink...

MassMonster
08-08-07, 8:58 pm
bottom line alotta water is good especially now that every state is in a heat increase so at least a gallon a day should be consumed...

Draga
08-09-07, 6:04 pm
thanks for info helps alot

Joseph V
03-31-10, 8:10 am
WATER,WATER, WATER,WATER

common people talk about it but dont give a shit about it. people assume they can get big and lose weight just by avoiding it. I have recently in the past month been doing really well by starting off to drink just a gallon a month and the results ive gotten in one month were far better then when i barely drank any water

i have always gotten good results but water will really take your physque to the next level depending on your goal.

whats your thoughts on this?

GJN5002
03-31-10, 10:43 am
http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=26558&highlight=water

peteraugusts
04-01-10, 6:01 am
This is good general advice, but it really depends on how much other liquids you consume, your level of activity, and your environment. Generally, more is better, and if you live in a warm dry climate, you may need a lot more. Also, if you perspire a lot from exercise, for example, you should also drink more. When I am in a tropical climate, and exercising an hour a day, I drink the equivalent of 10 glasses of water. Also, you should not wait until you are thirsty to drink.

As your body is mostly water, it makes sense to provide it with as much clean water as possible to facilitate the elimination of waste products, dead cells, etc.

violator
04-01-10, 6:17 am
water is crucial, i find i have a drop in strenght of up to 50% if im not properly hydrated..
on a workout day i tend to dring up to 2.5L during a workout, then another 2 to 2.5L during the day...im 205lbs...and on off days up to 4-5L....

jandirigma
04-02-10, 12:16 am
Gotta love water. It is kinda boring to drink but nothing could be more essential to life. Great post! I've been slacking a bit on the drinking, so this post gave me a wake up call.

Surreal
06-20-10, 4:53 am
I'm taking a lot of suppliments, amino's,glutamine,antioxidants, multivitamin, whey,casein, augmented proteins, carbohydrate powders, pre-workout and intra-workout drinks which have creatine NO etc, melatonin, fish oils.

How much water do you guys suggest as to not fuck my system up? I also don't wanna over-do water intake because then it will drain out all the nutrients.

I weigh 145 pounds, height 5feet 8 inches.

I currently aim for around 4-5 litres or 160-170 oz.

ontheEDGE
06-20-10, 2:08 pm
I would say that sounds about right. Do you count the water in your protein shakes and other supps?

Surreal
06-21-10, 1:13 am
I don't count the water in my shakes, or when I take my supplements, the paks and the pills etc.
I do hit the 4+ litre everyday though.