PDA

View Full Version : Diet FAQ #8: When are the most crucial times for supplements?

Animal Rep
05-25-07, 4:45 pm
First thing in the morning, preworkout, during the workout, postworkout and before bed are the most critical times for the ingestion of supplements and easily assimilated macronutrients. Place your emphasis at most other times on nutrient dense whole foods.

The House has this covered in his article, "When Do You Grow?":

http://animalpak.com/html/article_details.cfm?ID=372

ironshaolin
05-25-07, 4:47 pm
Word up. Hence, pak, pump, torrent, zma. I work out in the morning, so I usually just have a shake first thing when I wake up so I don't yak up all those hard eaten food molecules, then torrent post workout with eggs and stuff later. Food, food, food but don't forget your bedtime shake.

BODYUNDRCONSTRUCTON
01-18-08, 4:42 pm
From the time you open your eyes in the AM till you close them in the PM and some. Get yourself an intravenus hook up and place beside your bed and hook yourself to it so you can feed yourself while you sleep also....lol
Get the point bro!!Nutrition is 85% if not more in bodybuilding.

nathoniel01
01-21-09, 11:49 am
When do you guys usually take your animal pak i take mine about 45 minutes b4 my workout but im not sure if it would be better to take it right after working out?

prafull
01-21-09, 11:58 am
When do you guys usually take your animal pak i take mine about 45 minutes b4 my workout but im not sure if it would be better to take it right after working out?

BRO TAKING PAK IS MORE ESSENTIAL..TIMING IS NOT SO IMPORTANT..BUT STILL...I'D SUGGEST TAKE IT WITH ANY OF YOUR LARGER MEALS-BREAKFAST,LUNCH OR DINNER.. I PERSONALLY TAKE IT IN MORNING AFTER MY BREAKFAST... BOTTOM LINE-- TAKE IT. PERIOD.

nathoniel01
01-21-09, 1:33 pm
thanks man.

Warsaw
09-06-09, 6:03 pm
I'm not sure if this is the right place but what about premixing all the shakes/supplements before hand i.e. my personal mix throw it into a couple water bottles and leave it in the fridge for easy pick up for the week. Would it effect the performance of the supplement sitting in a water bottle for a few days in the fridge or does it not matter?

C.Coronato
09-08-09, 9:27 am
Its defiantly going to separate. What i would do is measure it out into a bottle and have them handy and then just add water or milk whenever your ready.

Warsaw
09-08-09, 9:29 pm
awesome thanks! I read a couple studies in my phys classes that said cold water absorbs more readily than warm and its more likely to be consumed in larger amounts; hydration is key to recovery as well obviously; Can Gatorade take place of a bar/snack since its not exactly water but it has the components of an actual food?

C.Coronato
09-09-09, 9:16 am
awesome thanks! I read a couple studies in my phys classes that said cold water absorbs more readily than warm and its more likely to be consumed in larger amounts; hydration is key to recovery as well obviously; Can Gatorade take place of a bar/snack since its not exactly water but it has the components of an actual food?

I would say no, Gatorade is not a meal at all, and the nutrients are no where near a snack or bar. Gatorade can be in addition to, or if you want to add protein powder to it for a snack, but i would not say it could be a meal alone.

CoolFrog
11-26-10, 11:10 am
The Guaranteed Income Supplement provides additional money, on top of the Old Age Security pension, to low-income seniors living in Canada. To be eligible for the GIS benefit, you must be receiving the Old Age Security pension and meet the income requirements.

Da Eclipse
12-16-10, 4:54 pm
I don't think there's a crucial time I think It's always good to supplement through out the day. From my experiences I've felt sluggish if I wasn't supplementing through the day and felt fatigued through my training. I like to feel good so I stay well supplemented and doing this through out the day is crucial.

weightsb4dates
06-30-14, 2:18 pm
i like this thread, lots of info here.

i rememebr reading about this in the animal owners manual back in 07-08 ish, and this is what was read, ive never had any issues when i abide by these rules.

there are 4 crucial times for supplementation,
1.upon waking (perhaps after fasted cardio, if the supps are caloric)
2.pre workout (30 minutes maximum)
3.immediately post workout (15 mins before the workout ends, to 30 mins post max)
4.before sleeping (right before bed)