PDA

View Full Version : Diet FAQ #3: Should I be taking my supplements on an empty stomach?

Animal Rep
05-25-07, 4:46 pm
No serious bodybuilder worth his salt should ever have a truly "empty" stomach, as a hard training athlete can not function optimally without fuel. When label recommendations are made, they refer to a state in which a large whole food meal has just recently been ingested. Taking your supplements after a light protein and carbs meal, with fruit or a protein shake will not negatively impact their efficacy.

ironshaolin
05-25-07, 4:48 pm
so...that means I can have my pump with my shake first thing in the AM?

RoadPigJohn
08-30-07, 4:04 pm
No serious bodybuilder worth his salt should ever have a truly "empty" stomach, as a hard training athlete can not function optimally without fuel. When label recommendations are made, they refer to a state in which a large whole food meal has just recently been ingested. Taking your supplements after a light protein and carbs meal, with fruit or a protein shake will not negatively impact their efficacy.

Is that true when taking FAT BURNERS?????

Cause I fill I burn more when taking them on an empty stomach!!!

Macrobolic
09-12-07, 12:45 pm
Is that true when taking FAT BURNERS?????

Cause I fill I burn more when taking them on an empty stomach!!!

I typically do morning cardio right when I wake up on an empty stomach, and I take might 1st dose of fat burner before the cardio. So try that out, see how it works for you.

BigLansford
10-07-07, 11:07 am
I typically do morning cardio right when I wake up on an empty stomach, and I take might 1st dose of fat burner before the cardio. So try that out, see how it works for you.

I do the exact same thing, and I've always gotten great results from this.

I try and up my protein intake when doing this so as you're not in a catabolic state the rest of the day.

BLUILT505
09-09-08, 2:56 pm
I currently use Animal Pak, Cuts and Pump along with a couple of shakes throughout the day. I do cardio three times a week in the morning on an empty stomach and then hit the weights in the evening after my workout. My goals are to build mass sive size, but shred the bodyfat. I don't know if i'm going in the right direction nor know what supplements to use after my workouts. HELP!

GJN5002
09-09-08, 10:42 pm
I currently use Animal Pak, Cuts and Pump along with a couple of shakes throughout the day. I do cardio three times a week in the morning on an empty stomach and then hit the weights in the evening after my workout. My goals are to build mass sive size, but shred the bodyfat. I don't know if i'm going in the right direction nor know what supplements to use after my workouts. HELP!

you needs aminos and carbs post workout, universal has a millin options. the eaiest is torrent. take 3 scoops pwo and then eat a meal about 45 min later and youre covered. If you wanna go a different route hit up some nitro and a gatorade, or some nitro g.

Work2lift
09-20-08, 6:17 am
When you say empty stomach, I think it is maybe 2-3 hours from the last time you had a light meal. most supplements and animal paks are pill and capsule base. En epmty stomach has a higher rate of absorbing the supplements in your system. especially fatburners, to make the fatburners work it needs to be absorbed by the body for it to work and it will most definetly work fatser if you take it on an empty stomach. I set my alarm 30-45 mins before I wkae and pound a dose of protein then I go back to sleep. When I get up I take my stack and get thing going get ready all that stuff 30 mins tops and head to the gym. but if you work out after work or mid day make sure the last meal you has was 2-3 hours ago. that way your body has a tome to break down the food. after I work out is when I eat heavy.

lucaitavi
09-13-09, 12:22 pm
you needs aminos and carbs post workout, universal has a millin options. the eaiest is torrent. take 3 scoops pwo and then eat a meal about 45 min later and youre covered. If you wanna go a different route hit up some nitro and a gatorade, or some nitro g.

What is the difference about Nitro and Nitro G ?

MaveN
09-19-09, 4:16 pm
So taking pump after a nice dinner is not recommended if its a "full" meal right? Same with m-stak?

Little Z
09-20-09, 6:29 pm
So taking pump after a nice dinner is not recommended if its a "full" meal right? Same with m-stak?

Correct.. you are wanting to take Pump on as close to an empty stomach as possible.. if you're eating a nice whole food meal, try to give
yourself at least an hour or so before you take Pump, thats what ive always done if im eating a meal like that before lifting..

Little Z
09-20-09, 6:33 pm
What is the difference about Nitro and Nitro G ?

Nitro is as you know full of EAA's, 6g's and in capsule form..

Nitro G is no longer in production in the Animal line, it is now known as "EAA Nitro" and sold under the Universal Nutrition product line..
it's in powder form, same EAA structure as Nitro, but it also has 35g's of dextrose..

Krewsial
07-29-10, 10:09 am
I feel kind of lost in between what it seems all professional bodybuilders? I train hard to get back into shape, though i am not a hard core bodybuilder like yourselves. (Had an injury a couple of years back, that made me simply a fat guy, i lost a lot of weight, and since 6 months i'm back in the gym to gain weight the 'proper' way.)

I have a question in regards to the Pump. I've been taking these 30 minutes before training in the evenings (around 19.30).

Tomorrow though, i have a morning training, with tonight a night 'off'. Should i keep taking the Pump tonight at the same time, where tomorrow morning i have to take them at 7.30? Or leave tonight, and just take them tomorrow, so i won't be taking two doses of pump within 12 hours?

I must say, i always take them on an empty stomach. My last 'meal' is always more then 3 hours before my training. I'd say that would be allright :)

jameswilliam
11-24-10, 9:23 am
Basically, to get any supplements then it is recommend to take after the break fast. The reason is that in the medicine supplements there is the higher level of the chemicals which can directly damage the kidneys when you take as the empty stomach.

Da Eclipse
12-14-10, 8:16 pm
It sounds reasonable to say in between meals but after a meal sounds even better . I never forget to supplement and it keeps me from running out because that keeps track of my supply. What ever works for you, I used to forget taking them all the time, I just now learned my way of not making that mistake.