PDA

View Full Version : Training FAQs

Animal Rep
05-25-07, 4:35 pm
You like these FAQs? Good for you. Read up and learn. You think something's missing, something we overlooked? Well here's your chance to speak up. Tell us what you'd like to see covered here... If others agree with you, we'll put up an answer. To The Pros and The Gladiators, feel free to post the questions you fellas always get...

J 2the att
08-09-07, 8:03 pm
It would be great if you can put up an article about losing muscle when doing cardio. You know talk about how to avoid muscle too much muscle loss, the best time to do cardio, how much cardio, you know something along those lines. Thanx

itisneverenough
12-19-07, 7:57 am
deifinately...

something on changing body composition, once you got all your hard earned flesh would be nice to see a little more of it without having to diet to much and loose size, you cant grow if you dont eat.

Cheers

Bull26187
07-18-08, 12:46 pm
Something about cardio would be nice to read up on. The difference between HIIT and cardio for a longer period. Does one burn more muscle than the other, and if so what can be doen to minimize it. I was also wondering if HIIT would be the right choice for people that are overweight or obese and or have heart problems.

simpleguy
07-18-08, 1:02 pm
Something about cardio would be nice to read up on. The difference between HIIT and cardio for a longer period. Does one burn more muscle than the other, and if so what can be doen to minimize it. I was also wondering if HIIT would be the right choice for people that are overweight or obese and or have heart problems.

the problem is it's still an ongoing debate on every board... you hear Palumbo and Evan Centopani swear by low-intensity cardio and then the next day you hear from a fitness guru that a 10min HIIT workout is all you need... find out which works best for you, in bodybuilding there aren't many rules set in stone

NEXTVICTIM
07-28-09, 12:27 pm
My problem with the bench press is i'm not sure what muscle is lagging on me. I know different muscle groups help assist the chest in the bench press.. My trouble happenes just after the bar touches my chest.. The first quarter of the way up is the most dificult for me.. once i get the bar beyond that point it's all easy.. What muscle am i the weakest with and what do i do to catch it up??? Any help would be greatly appriceated..

E-Train
12-04-09, 11:23 pm
personally I ordered a pair of wrist wraps, never before in my life have i ever used these, i know the loop is for the thumb but every time i put the one on the left on it feels fine but the one on the right just doesn't feel right, the animal logo ends up underneath my wrist instead of on top of the wrist where its supposed to show.(only on the right wrist) Any specific directions to how to wear them? I know it might sound like a newbie question but help a brother out?

BionicMasterPiece
12-05-09, 12:37 am
My problem with the bench press is i'm not sure what muscle is lagging on me. I know different muscle groups help assist the chest in the bench press.. My trouble happenes just after the bar touches my chest.. The first quarter of the way up is the most dificult for me.. once i get the bar beyond that point it's all easy.. What muscle am i the weakest with and what do i do to catch it up??? Any help would be greatly appriceated..

Front Delts and Triceps, but whats so cool about a big bench? how about deadlifts? or squats? everybody wants a big bench!! whyyyyy!! rofl jk i feel ya though....doing some close grip bench and some weighted dips to power up those triceps and after every chest workout do heavy strict front delt work.

bigG
04-24-10, 2:33 am
im sorry if this isnt the right place to post this question, but im just about to start my first cutting phase and im looking for advice on how to change my training if i need to change it at all. right now im training fairly low volume, high intensity, focusing on progression...kinda the same sort of thing as dorian yates used. if anyone has any advice on if i need to change anything about my training id really appreciate. peace

Baldr
06-09-10, 10:08 pm
Front Delts and Triceps, but whats so cool about a big bench? how about deadlifts? or squats? everybody wants a big bench!! whyyyyy!! rofl jk i feel ya though....doing some close grip bench and some weighted dips to power up those triceps and after every chest workout do heavy strict front delt work.

I agree with this whole heartily. Close grips will help u get it off ur chest. Delt will help u get it started and ur tris will do the rest, ur chest is mainly for the middle portion of the press.

spartan300
04-12-11, 7:16 am

Assuming you are already doing direct work for the anterior deltoids,triceps and lats. Rack work did wonders for getting past sticking points for me.

little big man
07-31-11, 12:19 am

try other angles of the bench press to build up your chest and also move your grip in and out once in a while o target inner and outter muscles.

skibasgym
02-08-13, 9:50 pm
Cardio is not the answer...dragging a sled is!One on one with the guru and Louie Simmons believes sled dragging drops bodyfat while maintaining
musclemass. His gym is the largest experimental center for testing training ideas that I know of.They drag and the results speak for themseives.

skibs
skibasym

TheJuggernautBitch
02-20-13, 4:55 pm
Cardio is not the answer...dragging a sled is!One on one with the guru and Louie Simmons believes sled dragging drops bodyfat while maintaining
musclemass. His gym is the largest experimental center for testing training ideas that I know of.They drag and the results speak for themseives.

skibs
skibasym

THIS.

Hunger for Glory
10-10-13, 1:54 am
I have a wrist problem. I´ve been in the game for 2 years now and i see i still have weak wrists. Whenever i try to do a hard session or just heavy press bench, when i´m done i fell a tremendous pain in my wrists. I´ve tried with wrists wraps and all, but i would like not to, just do it naturally!! I also see my wrists are kind of skinny... not that i care too much, but when i compare the size of my full arm i see there is a big difference. WHAT DO THE ANIMALS RECOMEND ME?

Animal Rep
10-10-13, 10:18 am
I have a wrist problem. I´ve been in the game for 2 years now and i see i still have weak wrists. Whenever i try to do a hard session or just heavy press bench, when i´m done i fell a tremendous pain in my wrists. I´ve tried with wrists wraps and all, but i would like not to, just do it naturally!! I also see my wrists are kind of skinny... not that i care too much, but when i compare the size of my full arm i see there is a big difference. WHAT DO THE ANIMALS RECOMEND ME?

Try adjusting your grip. Wider, narrower, ensure the bar is directly in line with your forearms/elbows. Also maybe try training your grip and forearms.

RobDaSavage
09-02-15, 9:57 am

skibs
skibasym

besides sled dragging what other cardio/ conditioning exercises would be good for powerlifter to drop bf and not sacrifice gains?