PDA

View Full Version : Diet FAQs

Animal Rep
05-25-07, 4:44 pm
You read the FAQs? You learned something? Good for you. Something's missing here? Bad for us. Tell us what it is and we'll see what we can do to rectify matters. Post the Diet FAQs you'd like to see here. For The Gladiators and The Pros, we welcome you'r feedback here.

MedusaThrills
03-05-08, 2:28 am
Hi,
I would like to see a thread on "Carb Cycling" and also "Keto". Im having trouble getting my head around them.

Many thanks,

Alex

atrain11b
03-05-08, 4:48 am
Hi,
I would like to see a thread on "Carb Cycling" and also "Keto". Im having trouble getting my head around them.

Many thanks,

Alex

For your Keto needs try these links: http://forum.animalpak.com/search.php?searchid=505416

Silverback24
04-07-08, 11:22 pm
I'm having a major issue with cutting. I need help with a meal plan. I'm 296 at 22% bodyfat. I would like to get down to at least 10% body fat. I'm open for any suggestions.

Iron 3
06-08-08, 9:11 pm
how bout eating for strength? I saw like 1 or 2 for eating to gain size and another for eating to gain lean mass but nothing for strength specifically. I don't really want to focus on getting heavier, just stronger.

USNA2011
06-09-08, 3:37 pm
Can anyone tell me how to recover without supplements? I am on a low budget so i can not afford any. I also live with a lot of restrictions being in the military, is there any non-perishable items that i can have right after my workout to help recover? An is there any food that i can have on the side to help bulk up? Keep in mind that i need food that can go in the dorms.

simpleguy
06-09-08, 4:07 pm
how bout eating for strength? I saw like 1 or 2 for eating to gain size and another for eating to gain lean mass but nothing for strength specifically. I don't really want to focus on getting heavier, just stronger.

I know this will sound odd, but really there is no food that will add 10lb to your bench press in 2 or even 4 weeks

now, diet-wise there are a few things: firstly we realise that a high testosterone is what we need for strength gain, so here are a few tips:

-fats: particularly monounsaturated fats (e.g. olive oil) and even saturated fats such as red meat... whole eggs are great as well

-protein: interesting enough, you don't want too get too much protein when testosterone output is your goal... if you diet with carbs, you want to get about twice as much carbs then protein... now carbs are still in contradiction, some say they increase test, others say that a low-carb diet is what increases test... that might be true, but I think that's largely due to the fat, so in my book carbs are ok when your goal is high test - also being loaded with carbs will give you energy and strength... just avoid the carbs that are rich in fiber (e.g. oats) - again if your goal is max testosterone output

joe-yamma
06-09-08, 4:56 pm
how about this article?
The "Power" Diet
by J-Rock
http://www.animalpak.com/html/article_details.cfm?section=diet&id=376

joe-yamma
06-09-08, 4:59 pm
Can anyone tell me how to recover without supplements? I am on a low budget so i can not afford any. I also live with a lot of restrictions being in the military, is there any non-perishable items that i can have right after my workout to help recover? An is there any food that i can have on the side to help bulk up? Keep in mind that i need food that can go in the dorms.Diet section bro...
Home Economics 101
By Schak
http://www.animalpak.com/html/article_details.cfm?section=diet&ID=236

My Alchemy: G Diesel’s Formula, Vol.2
by G Diesel
http://www.animalpak.com/html/article_details.cfm?section=diet&ID=341

this one will realyl help you...
Big on a Budget
by G Diesel
http://www.animalpak.com/html/article_details.cfm?section=diet&ID=290

Gunslinger
11-25-08, 5:34 am
first post, start with the most important topic for us heavy lifting athletes... diet

how many eggs a day is safe? have read that egg yolk has 2/3 the daily recommendation worth of cholesterol per egg yolk. what are the other nutritional facts? how much protein per egg white? can overcooking (ie boiling for too long effect the proteins) ? what is everybodies favourite way to cook and eat eggs?

Hope to hear from somebody, anybody... cavell aka the Sling

podge55
08-30-10, 6:03 pm
whats up bros, anyone know where i can find a good lean mass diet example?

IrishMike
12-27-12, 9:39 am
Hey guys,

I'm still pretty new to the game.

I have areas like my arms and shoulders that I need to gain size.

I also have areas like my chest, legs and core where getting cut is more of a priority.

Would taking in more calories on the days that I do my arms and back and cutting back on days I train Chest, legs work?

Or should I just tweak my work out( i.e. rep/weight ranges)?

Thanks

C.Coronato
12-27-12, 9:42 am
Hey guys,

I'm still pretty new to the game.

I have areas like my arms and shoulders that I need to gain size.

I also have areas like my chest, legs and core where getting cut is more of a priority.

Would taking in more calories on the days that I do my arms and back and cutting back on days I train Chest, legs work?

Or should I just tweak my work out( i.e. rep/weight ranges)?

Thanks

You cant really bulk in some areas, and cut in others. Unfortunately, it doesnt work that way. I would pick one goal first and stick to that.

BigMario
09-03-13, 11:35 am
Any thoughts on doing a faq for dieting on people cutting weight(fat) but still trying to gain strength? I know I been trying to figure out a balance myself on macros and cals to loose weight but gain muscle and strength. not just protein but fat requirements since I know alot of dieting people want to cut "all fat"intake which is not conducive to gaining muscle from what ive heard.

Chase "BIG COUNTRY" Browning
09-03-13, 11:39 am
Any thoughts on doing a faq for dieting on people cutting weight(fat) but still trying to gain strength? I know I been trying to figure out a balance myself on macros and cals to loose weight but gain muscle and strength. not just protein but fat requirements since I know alot of dieting people want to cut "all fat"intake which is not conducive to gaining muscle from what ive heard.

Not a bad idea. Maybe we can put something together. I know some our powerlifters cut weight leading up to the platform.