PDA

View Full Version : Drinking/Eating Raw Eggs?

Pages : [1] 2

sneezed
01-18-07, 1:19 pm
Does anyone else drink there eggs? Is there anything wrong with this?

The Wanderer
01-18-07, 1:31 pm
It taste a little nasty, but I did it and yeah I got some okay gains. I have no clue about the health issues though, sorry bro.

Maccabee
01-18-07, 1:45 pm
I heard taking it in raw is no good cause of the bacteria or something like that.

Barron
01-18-07, 1:48 pm
Probly not the healthiest choice w/ the whole salmonella thing, it causes typhoid fever. It was more of a fad around the time of the Rocky movies.
It's definitely quicker than cooking them, and ive never known anyone whos gotten sick from salmonella. But hey if you dont mind the taste, and wanna take the chance, go for it.

Personally i eat just the eggwhites, cooked. The white contains the protein and very little, if any, fat. The yolk has really no nutritional purpose and they're very high in bad cholesterol. The yolk is one of the main ingredients in alot of fatty foods like mayonnaise, really wanna eat that?

-Veritas-

marathe
01-18-07, 6:30 pm
tell you a trick i learned.

find a baker's supply shop - it'll take some doing, but they're out there.

go and ask if they sell pasteurized egg whites: most places do, as they're integral to industrial baking. they're free of samonella, etc (all the bad stuff with eggs) and you can drink them.

i was going through about a gallon a week for a while but have cut back in favour of meat.

just have to explain to people why you have a jug of what looks like piss sitting in your fridge. thats up to you.

JUGGERNAUT
01-18-07, 6:38 pm
yeah, it looked cool in ROCKY but not a good idea. Some of the heat cooking it also improves it's digestability.

jbear
01-18-07, 6:59 pm
yeah, it looked cool in ROCKY but not a good idea. Some of the heat cooking it also improves it's digestability.

Actually the possability of contracting samonilla is like one in 1mil if you are healthy and raw eggs are full of enzymes to aid in digestion. this means your pancrease will not have to produce protayze to digests the protein which will conserve metabolic energy for more important things, like building muscle.

personally i have used eggs whites for years as a souce of protein. I am on the road alot so have recently started using pasturized eggs from a company called Vanderpool Eggs (look them up on the net). there are also some good companies who make powdered egg whites like Now. I usually try to stick with fresh when at home just for the help with digestion. on a side note enzymes are very heat sensitive and so are completely destroyed in the cooking process.

JUGGERNAUT
01-18-07, 7:21 pm
Actually the possability of contracting samonilla is like one in 1mil if you are healthy and raw eggs are full of enzymes to aid in digestion. this means your pancrease will not have to produce protayze to digests the protein which will conserve metabolic energy for more important things, like building muscle.

personally i have used eggs whites for years as a souce of protein. I am on the road alot so have recently started using pasturized eggs from a company called Vanderpool Eggs (look them up on the net). there are also some good companies who make powdered egg whites like Now. I usually try to stick with fresh when at home just for the help with digestion. on a side note enzymes are very heat sensitive and so are completely destroyed in the cooking process.

I say this because I do want to know where the eggs are really coming from so it was a general statement, as for enzymes...sure, med to high heat not the heat I or most use for eggs.

7Forty7
01-18-07, 11:37 pm
I did some research on this a while back cause throwing raw eggs in a shake was really easy and I didn't find it too hard to choke them back.

According to what I read, you DO run the risk of getting significantly sick from a bad egg. I've also heard from other people on other forums about this happening to them. I found statistics from two different studies on this - one listed the "bad" rate at around 1 in 25,000, and the other found it to be closer to 1 in 100,000, or something close to that.

Bottom line - there are risks, but heaps of people eat raw eggs as standard and you should be fine. Nowadays I just poach or scramble them. I'm one of those lucky guys who actually really likes the taste of eggs.

Tego1090
01-19-07, 1:43 am
why not try the Egg Beaters Egg Whites? They're in the dairy and egg sections of the grocery store. They don't taste funky at all, just a plain kind of taste. You will not choke on them. I think the cartons are 16 ounces and 2 oz are equivalent to one egg. I drink them straight/raw for my early a.m. protein. Try it, it's easy to use.

J-Dawg
01-19-07, 9:45 am

Actually the proteins in eggs are digested easier when cooked. The higher digestibility of cooked egg protein presumably results from structural changes in the protein molecule induced by heating, thereby enabling the digestive enzymes to gain broader access to the peptide bonds...
http://jn.nutrition.org/cgi/content/full/128/10/1716

jbear
01-19-07, 10:44 pm
Actually the proteins in eggs are digested easier when cooked. The higher digestibility of cooked egg protein presumably results from structural changes in the protein molecule induced by heating, thereby enabling the digestive enzymes to gain broader access to the peptide bonds...
http://jn.nutrition.org/cgi/content/full/128/10/1716

There are no digestive enzymes left once the egg is cooked according to Dr. Edward Howell in his book Enzyme Nutrition. this is a must read for any bodybuilder imo. look it up, this guy was/is te foremost authority on enzyme therapy and has cured some uncurable diseases. Cool stuff.

Cstlfx
01-20-07, 1:06 am
Raw eggs can be bad for you, but Universal does make egg protein powder.

J-Dawg
01-20-07, 5:06 pm
There are no digestive enzymes left once the egg is cooked according to Dr. Edward Howell in his book Enzyme Nutrition. this is a must read for any bodybuilder imo. look it up, this guy was/is te foremost authority on enzyme therapy and has cured some uncurable diseases. Cool stuff.

I hear ya bro, but in terms of overall digestion... It has been shown that the reduced digestibility of raw egg white is at least partially related to the presence of the trypsin inhibitors which are present in uncooked raw egg whites.
Matthews, D. M. (1990) Protein Absorption: Development and Present State of the Subject. Wiley-Liss, New York, NY.

LuvsThePain
01-20-07, 5:14 pm
Ya careful man, you can get sick with some serious shit if you eat raw eggs. Some people can get away with it but I wouldn't take the chance. Down time being sick from raw eggs means down time from iron. Unless you feel like puking and shitting yourself at the gym.

01-20-07, 6:27 pm
I usually crack one or two into my protein shake, its not too bad, I dont do it every day, maybe two or three times a week.

bobbyj654
01-20-07, 6:55 pm
Do not drink the eggs, it tastes nasty and there is bacteria aka salmonella when they are raw, its not life threatining, but it sucks.
ya just cant drink em every day, once a week is fine but the more you drink em the more you risk it
you can just buy egg whites in the store and drink those, they are safe

besides, youre not a boxer anyways, lol

MELTDOWN
01-20-07, 11:34 pm
kewl thing is, the in laws have two chickens houses. i just have to roll up on saturday afternoon, walk thru and pick up some dead chickens, and i get a free slat of eggs....but i always cook 'em.

TheBlacksmith
01-21-07, 3:01 am
I keep a couple of cartons of All Whites in the fridge all the time. They can be found in any grocery store. If im cooking i deffinately prefer to use real eggs but if something sudden comes up i just grab a carton and down it 50g protein quick and easy. They aren't thick or slimy at all (maybe a little bit bitter in taste but nothin a lil spleda cant fix).
TB

Kiwi129
01-21-07, 3:11 am
I wish those weren't so damn expensive... or that I wasn't so cheap I guess. My parents make me pay for off the wall shit I need (that they don't...) like splenda, sweet potatoes, protein powder, egg whites, etc. They generally hook me up with my milk, wheat bread, eggs, pastas, oatmeal and whatnot.

TheBlacksmith
01-21-07, 6:00 pm
They're more expensive than regular eggs no doubt about it. About $2.39 for 1 16oz. carton. But just think of all the money wasted on buying shit ass supps that don't do a damn thing for ya..... thats a whole lotta All Whites.
TB

dbbeast
01-22-07, 7:38 pm
the problem with raw eggs isn't really one of health but more of digestability. when the egg is raw, only about %50 of the protein is usable by the body. there is an enzime in the egg that binds to the protein making them undugestable. it isn't untill you heat the egg and de-nature the enzime in the egg that it will be come %98 usable. so cook them or their useless

Hollywood
01-22-07, 7:51 pm
Even if raw eggs were 100% safe to eat, why would you eat em like that? They taste like shit.

Buck Nasty
01-22-07, 8:34 pm
J-Dawg is right the human body doesnt break down eggs enough during digestion to get anything outta them. if your into the egg thing Universal has poweder eggs for protein. but it does make you feel like the italian stallion firein down a few raw eggs

RoJoHen
01-23-07, 4:30 am
I add one or two to my protein shakes on occasion. I'd never eat a raw egg by itself, though.

Matoltsy85
02-11-07, 12:25 am
Obviously everybody knows that eggs whites are the best form of protein.

I was wondering, if eating a raw egg is good to do?

Ive read a couple articles, but some tell me yes, and others tell me no.

What you guys think?

NickSP
02-11-07, 12:28 am
Even if it really wasn't THAT bad for you, it certainly isn't any better than cooked, if you're really tight on time just throw em in the microwave for like 2-3 minutes that's all you need

Matoltsy85
02-11-07, 12:58 am
my bad, i posted this is the wrong forum, but since its here

what yall think..

stumpy29
02-11-07, 12:59 am
Yes you can eat raw eggs/whites, but the whole eggs or carton eggs must be pasteurized (it will say so on the carton). Pasteurization is when they heat the egg/egg product enough to kill all the bacteria (including salmonella) and the protein digestion inhibitors (usually126-140 degrees). If you eat non-pasteurized eggs/egg products your body cannot utilize the protein in them due to the presence of a protein inhibitor. And while you may get salmonella from raw eggs/egg product the chances are 1 in 10,000 for regular eggs and 1 in 30,000 for free range eggs.

Avidin is a glycoprotein, which is found in raw egg whites, and blocks the uptake of Vitamin B6 and Vitamin H (Biotin) causing a vitamin deficiency (it binds to Biotin and iron making them unavailable). You must cook/pasteurize the egg white to neutralize the Avidin and allow your body to safely digest the protein and utilize all its amino acids. Cooking egg whites at high temperatures denatures some of the amino acids which makes the proteins slightly less effective (slower digesting). A soft boiled or poached egg (at 70% albumin coagulation) is digested much easier as opposed to a fried or hard boiled egg. 2 soft boiled/poached eggs spend less than 2 hours in the stomach being digested, where 2 fried/hard boiled eggs spend over 3 hours in the stomach. Although fried/hard cooked eggs are digested just as completely as soft cooked eggs, it just takes longer for them to be completely digested and assimilated.

An egg white is about 10% protein and 90% water. It?s the proteins that cause the egg white to solidify when you cook it. Egg white proteins are long chains of amino acids. In a raw egg, these proteins are curled and folded to form a compact ball. Weak bonds between amino acids hold the proteins in this shape?until you turn up the heat. When heated, the weak bonds break and the protein unfolds. Then its amino acids form weak bonds with the amino acids of other proteins, a process called coagulation. The resulting network of proteins captures water, making a soft, digestible gel.

If you keep the heat turned up too high or too long when you cook an egg, the proteins in the egg white form more and more bonds, squeezing some of the water out of the protein network and making the egg white rubbery and increasing their digestion time.

So, basically the most bioavailable and readily assimilated egg proteins are either pasteurized raw eggs/egg products or soft cooked/poached eggs that have not reached 160 degrees at which point the proteins become coagulated/denatured and take longer to be completely digested and assimilated. I hope this helps clear up some questions .

If you want to save some money you can do this at home.It is possible to pasteurize eggs at home. Pasteurization is simply a process of heating a food to a specific temperature for a specific amount of time - designed to kill specific bacteria. It is known that salmonella bacteria are killed at temperatures of 140 degrees in about 3 1/2 minutes (or a higher temperature in less time). If a room temperature egg is held in a bowl of warm water - say, 142 degrees to be safe - for 3 1/2 minutes, the bacteria will be killed and the protein inhibitor neutralized. It takes 5 minutes for extra large or jumbo eggs.

Place the room temperature eggs in a colander, and lower them into a pan or bowl of 142-degree water. Use an instant-read thermometer to be sure of the water temperature, and leave the thermometer in the water, to be sure that the temoerature is maintained. For medium or large eggs, leave them in the water for 3 1/2 minutes; for extra large or jumbo eggs, allow 5 minutes. Then remove the eggs, dry them, and refrigerate them, in a tightly-covered container.

Eggs begin to cook at about 160 degrees, and will be "scrambled eggs" at 180 - but if the 142 degree temperature is maintained, the result is a safe egg that will act like a raw egg in recipes and will provide a fully usable protein source."

Matoltsy85
02-11-07, 1:24 am
thanks alot dude

stumpy29
02-11-07, 2:01 am
No problem

Lancehead
02-11-07, 5:52 am
Great post Stumpy... Easiest and safest way if you're just going to eat raw eggs is to buy cartos of "AllWhites" its pasturized and contains no bacteria which is exactly what Stumpy said. Mix 1 carton Allwhites and 1 scoop of sugarfree tang and you've got yourself an orange julius with 50 grams of protien.

AgainstMe
02-18-07, 9:54 pm
Im sure this has been posted many times so sorry for anyone who gets upset this is on here again. I just cant eat eggs anymore i need a break. Everytime i go eat them i cant i just cant swallow. Im asking what can i eat instaid of eggs for my first two meals of the day. Before i was eating one shake and oats in the morining right when i wake up and than 2nd meal was a shitload of egg whites..what can i have instaid. Thanks for anyone who post back.

k1usa
02-18-07, 10:33 pm
try the warm oat products like Mault o Milk and Chream of Wheat for kicks...its not bad....that along with the protene shot and the sups....you will be fine....I know the egg thing gets a bit tough at times..but as a fellow animal...best we can to is...belly up to the kitchen counter...and be thankful for having eggs to eat...the health and knowledge...and this brotherhood....keep eating.....its like we have all said many times...wana get big...eat big....

good luck bro

Maccabee
02-18-07, 10:45 pm
I know how you feel man. Sometimes when I eat eggs and oatmeal I gag on my food and I want to throw up, but this is just the way the lifestyle goes. If you dont want eggs then have a steak man lol. I am serious. Eat some other foods like chicken, fish.

xenrus
02-19-07, 6:12 pm
man , you can have anything ;)+ dont stick to one products , always change them as you feel gaggin or change the way of cooking them.If you love whites so much then add them to a veggie salad with a little olive oil ,be creative ;)

JBone
02-20-07, 12:52 pm
ive heard rumors. are they good, or bad as a quick protien source?

Buck Nasty
02-20-07, 1:09 pm
its not a good choice. one salmonella is a risk even though very small, and our bodies do not break down the protein when the eggs are not cooked.

The Fate
02-20-07, 3:36 pm
I got a quick little funny story about them...a year ago when i was bulking i used to drink eggwhites right from the carton, I loved it, easy no-cooking breakfast...kids in my classes would gag everytime i took a chug though...well anyways, one of the more powerful hurricanes hit FL (where i live) and knocked our power out...the raw eggs gave me HORRIBLE gas...bad enough to make me gag...well since the hurricanes knocked out the power, no air was moving in the house (no A/C), and we couldnt open the windows, or we would blow the house up....so my gas would just add up in my room...when my mom came in to see how my windows were holding up, she sniffed, ran to the bathroom, and threw up...i thought it was the funniest thing ever, so i guess the moral of the story is...no, it cant be good for you

JoshLandry
02-20-07, 3:41 pm
if you buy egg whites from the store you can drink those all day long its safe because they have been, sterilazed from the factory. but not real eggs that a no no we are not rocky! lol

Cheko
02-20-07, 3:59 pm
I used to purchase from International Egg Whites www.eggwhitesint.com. The whites are pasteurized eliminating unhealthy bacteria. Price was not that bad, but add shipping and it was just too expensive so I am back to cracking.

This article initially promoting eating raw eggs, then switched back saying it can cause biotin deficiencies…
http://www.mercola.com/2002/nov/13/eggs.htm

I cook’em!

Toni69
02-20-07, 5:29 pm
No raw eggs please...uggghhh!

txpower
02-20-07, 5:32 pm
i might be wrong but do you really think that you get more protein from an uncooked egg than a cooked one

stumblin54
02-20-07, 5:39 pm
I eat two dozen raw eggs (20 whites) a day with whey or mass shakes and oats. I don't see anything wrong with it. Peace.

Stumblin

Toni69
02-20-07, 5:53 pm
All the following might contain raw eggs:

home-made mayonnaise, Béarnaise and hollandaise sauces, some salad dressings (like caesar), ice cream, icing, mousse, and other desserts.

For the safest choice, you could use pasteurised egg instead because pasteurisation kills bacteria.

If you buy commercially produced mayonnaise, salad dressings, sauces, ice cream, desserts, or ready-made icing, these will almost always have been made using pasteurised egg.

According to calorieking.com, 1 large raw egg has 4.5g fat, 6g protein. An extra large egg yolk has 5g fat, 3g proein where a large egg white has 0 fat and 3g protein as well.

According to this site, a boiled egg is exactly the same in fat and protein.

dbbeast
02-20-07, 6:04 pm
the protein in raw eggs cant be broken down by the body till it is cooked...it's useless to eat raw eggs.

brandonA
02-20-07, 6:30 pm
brother if peanut butter is killing people, i would stay away fom the raw eggs, hell raw anything any more...;)
-B

darkside64
02-20-07, 6:35 pm
shit I just put some Peter Pan in my protein pudding. Oh well

brother if peanut butter is killing people, i would stay away fom the raw eggs, hell raw anything any more...;)
-B

Curos
02-20-07, 7:48 pm
Raw eggs, silly.

Liquid - NOT raw - eggs such as Egg Whites International's product or Egg Beaters are great. I drink 2 cups of egg beaters for breakfast or when I'm short of time, will probably order some EggWhiteInt soon

mehancd
02-20-07, 8:05 pm
if they are pasteurized eggs, then you are good to go. and yes, the body is very able to break down uncooked protein. very, very able. i mean, how much protein do you put into your body everyday thats "raw"? peanuts, protein shakes, and raw vegetables are a few that come to mind. all of these are eaten without cooking unless im missing something.

Curos
02-20-07, 8:11 pm
Well protein from raw eggs is a bit different. For whatever reason, your body DOES have trouble with it. but pasteurization heats the eggs to a certain degree for a certain time, in essence "cooking" them.

mehancd
02-20-07, 8:15 pm
well touche then

Buck Nasty
02-21-07, 12:17 am
the protein in raw eggs cant be broken down by the body till it is cooked...it's useless to eat raw eggs.

im glad im not the only one that knows this

WeaponX
02-21-07, 12:22 am
I dont know about the rest of you, but I cant see myself just drinking raw eggs, granted ive tried some messed up shit, but raw eggs? That just sounds too damn nasty, i think you are taking "animal" a little far with that one man.. hahaha jk

xenrus
02-21-07, 5:42 am
the rumors are rights , its very good sometimes to have a raw egg in the mornings , but if you take too much , like my friend he was eating like 6 raw eggs during the day , guess he just liked them , after some time he got into hospital.A raw egg keeps you going in the morning.Some time ago back in my country , there was an army coctail, cuople of raw eggs in the glass mixed with sugar,some people still do that

Nas
02-21-07, 7:19 am
Well protein from raw eggs is a bit different. For whatever reason, your body DOES have trouble with it. but pasteurization heats the eggs to a certain degree for a certain time, in essence "cooking" them.

So eating pasteurized "raw" eggs is OK then?

J-Dawg
02-21-07, 8:11 am
So eating pasteurized "raw" eggs is OK then?

Pasteurized eggs are fine. I like to add 'em to my shakes during the day. As Curos said, the protein is heated and will be easier for the body to digest than say, raw, unpasteurized egg whites.

Nas
02-21-07, 8:58 am
Thanx mate! Feelin better now I know I did not waste my time bangin down tons of eggs in the AM

JMC
02-21-07, 6:07 pm
Personally, I'll take the 5 minutes it takes to COOK the eggs. Chuggin' down raw eggs is just plain f-ing grody!

CitadelArmyJAG
02-22-07, 12:49 pm
I had boil a bunch every sunday and just keep them in a bowl in the fridge. Its quick and a better option IMO

Fury317
03-13-07, 1:27 pm
alright so im sure everyone out there is just like me and hates, ABSOLUTELY HATES, choking down 10 or more eggs every morning (along with fucking oatmeal). i had a crazy thought this morning and thought about just taking em down straight. it looks like it might be easier to get down. im not worried about taste, just gettin em down quick. if any of you do it let me know how it is. and another thing is that ive always been warned about salmonella or getting sick. i dont want to get some damn stomach flu or something. any thoughts?

rev8ball
03-13-07, 1:36 pm
I know that it's rare, but why risk getting salmonella just to choke down some eggs? Why not just go to the store, buy some pasteurized eggs in a carton, and drink those?

ProteinJunkie
03-13-07, 1:36 pm
Hey bro,

Type "salmonella" into the search box. I saw around 4 different posts on it I think. Consider Universal Nutrition's Egg Pro as an alternative to plain egg whites as well. Again...type "Egg Pro" in the search box and you'll see the protein/cost comparisons.

Peace.

alright so im sure everyone out there is just like me and hates, ABSOLUTELY HATES, choking down 10 or more eggs every morning (along with fucking oatmeal). i had a crazy thought this morning and thought about just taking em down straight. it looks like it might be easier to get down. im not worried about taste, just gettin em down quick. if any of you do it let me know how it is. and another thing is that ive always been warned about salmonella or getting sick. i dont want to get some damn stomach flu or something. any thoughts?

Punisher
03-13-07, 1:38 pm
I have done it with no problems...the texture is nastyyy tho

Everyonedoes
03-13-07, 1:39 pm
Personaly i wouldnt risk eating raw eggs.

Punisher
03-13-07, 1:41 pm
Read this:

http://www.regenerativenutrition.com/content.asp?id=268

If you are going to eat raw eggs make sure they are from organic vegetarian fed chickens.

"Poisoning from salmonella has been exaggerated in the past. A study by the U.S. Department of Agriculture in 2002 indicated that only 2.3 million, of the 69 billion eggs produced annually, are contaminated with salmonella. In other words 0.003% or 1 in every 30,000 eggs. The bulk of these come from battery chicken eggs and chickens kept in unhealthy conditions - only sick chickens lay salmonella contaminated eggs. If only healthy chicken eggs (organic and free range ideally) are consumed, then far less than one in 30,000 eggs are contaminated. "

ironshaolin
03-13-07, 2:55 pm
Yeah, I still wouldn't risk it cause if by some chance you get salmonella, you will want to kill yourself you feel so sick. I would recommend getting a carton of egg whites, and drinking that. If you throw them in a blender with some fruit it makes a pretty good breakfast smoothie.

ghost
03-13-07, 3:00 pm
i have had salmonella....thankfully i was really young, i do remember it almost did kill me because i was so little....so now i dont even risk it.

G Diesel
03-13-07, 3:01 pm
Pasteurized eggs or organic vegetarian fed chicken eggs are more expensive than regular eggs for reasons of purity or convenience. The chances of salmonella poisoning with regular eggs is rare, but still worth considering cuz that kind of illness could be nasty. I say cook your eggs and save your money. Peace, G

k1usa
03-13-07, 3:03 pm
yea...I do the breakfeast smoothie...4 eggs....yogert...wheat germ/oats....scoop of storm..yea yea...storm...and some ice.....we gotta mix this shit up and keep it interesting for sure....

stumblin54
03-13-07, 3:39 pm
I'd say don't worry about salmonella because you're not going to get it. But the risk is obviously there, and if you are worried, just boil the eggs and blend 'em into your shakes in the morning, assuming that you drink shakes in the morning. I've been eating raw eggs for a long time now though and have never had a problem, and for those of you who say your body can't digest protein from raw eggs, please keep to yourself because I'd rather not listen. Good luck drinkin' them raw though if that's the path you choose, the first few are rough. Peace.

Stumblin

Fury317
03-13-07, 3:55 pm
thanks for the input fellas, especially Punisher, that article was a good read thanks bro.

Guardian
03-13-07, 4:52 pm
I used to drink raw eggs until i found two articles on the net about biotin. I can remember the other, but this is one of them:

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/drryan28.htm

which says:

"Some older athletic diets use to propose eating just raw eggs. This is a foolish attempt at taking in additional protein. Eating raw eggs (or raw egg whites) will only result in about 50% absorption of the available protein. That means that if you eat enough raw eggs to give you 40 grams of protein, your body will only absorb 20 grams.

Eating just raw egg whites results in the same (or worse). Egg whites have a huge amount of a substance called "avidin," which loves biotin. As a matter of fact, once the avidin-biotin forms a bond, the body can't break it apart. So you will develop a partial or full Biotin Deficiency Syndrome. Cooking your eggs (or egg whites) will quickly denature the protein avidin and will allow you to absorb 98% of the protein. In short, always cook your eggs."

In the article referred by Punisher, it says:

"Nature created an egg to be a balanced live food – as long as you eat the biotin rich yolk along with the white, there is no risk of a biotin deficiency."

Now, since we bodybuilder consume large amount of egg whites much more than the yolks (i believe the good ratio is 5 whites 1 yolk), so maybe it's better to always cook your eggs, apart from the salmonella issue.

Just a thought.

H Bomb
03-13-07, 5:07 pm
Scramble em, shower them with Mrs. Dash, and maybe add a little cayene pepper that shit is good as hell! I never liked eggs until I discovered Mrs. Dash. I wouldn't fuck with them raw though, getting very sick can throw a monkey wrench in your training.

king1
03-13-07, 5:17 pm
First of all raw eggs were the worst drink ive made, not even considering salmonella and the fact that they dont work as well as cooked eggs. If you made a shake with real gains or whatever you use, microwave eggs and add them to the shake your cant taste em. Thats what i do

Punisher
03-13-07, 6:12 pm
I used to drink raw eggs until i found two articles on the net about biotin. I can remember the other, but this is one of them:

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/drryan28.htm

which says:

"Some older athletic diets use to propose eating just raw eggs. This is a foolish attempt at taking in additional protein. Eating raw eggs (or raw egg whites) will only result in about 50% absorption of the available protein. That means that if you eat enough raw eggs to give you 40 grams of protein, your body will only absorb 20 grams.

Eating just raw egg whites results in the same (or worse). Egg whites have a huge amount of a substance called "avidin," which loves biotin. As a matter of fact, once the avidin-biotin forms a bond, the body can't break it apart. So you will develop a partial or full Biotin Deficiency Syndrome. Cooking your eggs (or egg whites) will quickly denature the protein avidin and will allow you to absorb 98% of the protein. In short, always cook your eggs."

In the article referred by Punisher, it says:

"Nature created an egg to be a balanced live food – as long as you eat the biotin rich yolk along with the white, there is no risk of a biotin deficiency."

Now, since we bodybuilder consume large amount of egg whites much more than the yolks (i believe the good ratio is 5 whites 1 yolk), so maybe it's better to always cook your eggs, apart from the salmonella issue.

Just a thought.

When gaining mass always eat the whoole egg

J-Dawg
03-13-07, 6:18 pm
When gaining mass always eat the whoole egg

Shit, the whole egg should be eaten by all "hard gainers". When trying to pack on mass, this is essential. I always eat 2 egg whites to every 1 whole egg. If you're not gaining, try eating more whole eggs.
The egg yolk--now that's where the nutrients are.

As for the biotin issue and reduced protein digestibility with raw eggs, I agree with this... however, I get so much biotin in my diet, that every now and then, I'll add a few raw, whole eggs to my morning or evening shakes just to up the EFA and protein content. I'd prefer cooked but heck, I'll take slightly less absorption over trying to cook 'em up when I 'm in rush.

Guardian
03-13-07, 6:34 pm
Punisher, I hear you bro.

As for the biotin issue and reduced protein digestibility with raw eggs, I agree with this... however, I get so much biotin in my diet, that every now and then, I'll add a few raw, whole eggs to my morning or evening shakes just to up the EFA and protein content. I'd prefer cooked but heck, I'll take slightly less absorption over trying to cook 'em up when I 'm in rush.

Yes there is even pure biotin supplements out there.
J-Dawg, sometimes i still drink them bro, not only because i'm in a hurry, but out of laziness too. Bad bad animal, lol...

Cooked all the way brotha!! Rocky is a old inspiration but I prefer to keep my shit safety..

naturalguy
03-13-07, 10:06 pm
You can buy liquid egg whites from Lana's egg whites or Egg whites international, they are pasturized and safe to drink. I wouldn't chance it with raw egg whites, not worth getting sick.

JakeHump
03-14-07, 2:10 pm
But is it really smart/ healthy? I have always been told not to eat raw eggs..

IRBS
03-14-07, 2:16 pm
there have been other threads on this, use the search function

Jaymafin
03-14-07, 2:20 pm
Hold on do i really need to remind people that Rocky is a fictional character. Rocky does not exist nor does the fallacy that eating raw eggs is good. As I am sure that everyones mother has said at one time in their life "if hulk hogan jumped off the brooklyn bridge would you?"

JMC
03-14-07, 2:42 pm
thanks jay...seriously! There's way too much talk about raw eggs on this site...what's the deal...if you don't have 10 f-ing minutes to cook some eggs you've got serious time management issues....eggs are the least of your probs.

JakeHump
03-14-07, 2:50 pm
Yea i wasn't worried about time but i thought maybe there would be a benefit to not cooking them like more nutrients in the eggs, kinda like when you make rum cake it doesn't give you a buzz...

txpower
03-14-07, 2:57 pm
use the search. theres a new egg thread like every 3 days.

train.eat.supp.sleep
03-14-07, 4:03 pm
rocky may not exist but stalone sure as hell does....raw eggs is old school...not only did it get u ur protein...it tought u to be tough as hell...but now a days with all that samanella poisioning u probaly dont want to be e ating any type of raw eggs

bluetaz
03-14-07, 4:17 pm
I'm 36 and have been putting eggs in my shakes for years why the hell do you want to gag down 12 to 18 egg whites when you can suck them right down in a good ol shake

philroy
03-14-07, 4:25 pm
as far as raw eggs... just slam down a pint of all whites, tastes kinda runny, yet you have no yolks... again, this has been touched on before- so use the search button, thats what its there for

dbbeast
03-16-07, 5:39 pm
brothers i really can't stand eggs and it is becoming a real problem...i try to choke them down but sometimes no matter how hard i try i can't eat them....does anybody else have this problem and what kind of recipies do you guys have for ppl like me. thanks

albertaboy
03-16-07, 5:54 pm
That's a tough one sometimes I try to mix them up with some meat or onion mushrooms not bad. Sometimes I scrambel them up wrap them in a soft taco shell add some hot sauce and salsa and close my eyes and eat it up. Just my thoughts and I don't mind them

Toni69
03-16-07, 5:54 pm
brothers i really can't stand eggs and it is becoming a real problem...i try to choke them down but sometimes no matter how hard i try i can't eat them....does anybody else have this problem and what kind of recipies do you guys have for ppl like me. thanks

I have loads of recipes there...even breakfast ones..go through them all.
I eat eggbeaters too..they make flavored ones..like southwestern and others. Strange..I never get sick of eggwhites...dont know why.

darkside64
03-16-07, 5:58 pm
bro you cant or you wont? Switch thing up. Boil them one day, then the next day make an omlette with cheese,onions and mushrooms(or whatever the hell you like). Then scramble them the next day. Get creative if you have to

dbbeast
03-16-07, 5:58 pm
omg i forgot about eggbeaters good call...thanks!

stumblin54
03-16-07, 6:06 pm
Please God, no more EGG threads. There's endless information on the forvm already posted. SEARCH. SEARCH. SEARCH. Peace.

Stumblin

TufffGuY
03-16-07, 6:39 pm
i love eggs, I eat eggwhites every morning goota love to like em

bharatoza
03-16-07, 8:02 pm

Add it to your protein shake - I use Milk+oatmeal+egg whites+whey+peanut butter
You won't even know it's there.

But besides that, I feel it's all about training your mind. I used to have an extremely hard time eating tuna(cooked/out of the can). Today I am able to eat 4-5 cans a day

Cheko
03-16-07, 8:05 pm
If you get Pasturized Egg Whites you can mix them in your protein as mentioned before. You will never know they are in there.

sjchris408
03-17-07, 12:19 am
I used to have the same problem but I've gotten over it. My problem is dry chicken breasts.

Krieg
03-17-07, 12:44 am
Throw in some green or red peppers and smother them with hot sauce. If I'm fixing 8+ eggs it's the only way I can eat it all without feeling like I'm going to puke after I'm finished.

Paparue
03-18-07, 11:47 pm
if i dont feel like eggs whites that day, i just drink egg whites, mix them with orange juice or cranberry juice, cant even taste them :)

humanforklift
03-19-07, 9:18 am
I hate 'em too, but I choke them down. For me, its all about flavoring the egg whites to hide their flavor. I add 99% fat-free turkey chili, tons of ketchup and hot sauce, or fat-free cheese. If you just can't choke them down, go for a whey shake in the morning to put you back in an anabolic state. But remember, egg whites are a very high quality protein, so think twice about leaving them out of your diet.

Brute Strength
03-19-07, 9:38 am
you cant taste the egg whites when you put it in orange juice. SWEET...thanks.

Diesel454
03-26-07, 12:53 pm
I can't seem to keep my eggs down in the morning anymore. Had a good dozen scrambled egg whites and they all came right back up after i ate em. I have been tryin so hard to keep my breakfasts down but its tough. any suggestions?

stumblin54
03-26-07, 1:03 pm
Drink a lot of water during and after eating them. Or blend them with a protein shake and you won't taste them. Be creative and make some shit up, it's not easy for anyone. Peace.

Stumblin

Toni69
03-26-07, 1:03 pm
I had a question like this not too long ago...dont know where it is now? LOL

What about eggbeaters? They come in flavors too, like southwestern and some others. I also use fat free cheese slices on top..you may want the real stuff..dont know if your dieting or not.

In the recipe section, I posted some nice egg/breakfast recipes and so did some other members here. Here are some links. You may have to do a little cooking though, but that never hurt anyone...well...cooking should be fun, not painful. You dont need a cooking lesson 101 do you? LOL

check them out if you like:

http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=3064

http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=1856

http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=1003

http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=3564

http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=3584

spartan300
03-26-07, 1:49 pm
I made a concoction of lean ground sirloin, eggs(whites), green pepper,onion, and some grated mozzarella. Call it a scramble if you will. If you don't want to go through the trouble just use good old Louisiana hot sauce!

Budsbythebeach
03-26-07, 2:22 pm
a few different things work great for me, the best is diced tomatoes and/or sliced turkey meat ( deli ), either or.
A easier way is since i have to eat my oatmeal anyway, i take a scoop of oatmeal with a bite of eggs, sounds dumb but takes away the taste.

born0withno0soul
03-26-07, 2:25 pm
been putting bacon bits and cheese in mine

K9
03-26-07, 2:25 pm
My suggestion if you're throwing them up . . . don't eat them. I never eat egg whites, chicken breasts or tuna unless I'm 8 weeks out from a show. If I do I'll be sick of them when I have to eat them. If you are dieting for a show try adding home made salsa to your egg whites. It makes a big difference.

threwdaroof
03-26-07, 4:05 pm
i usually mix the white with my oatmeal, tastes ok.

ctgblue
03-26-07, 4:35 pm
try eating only 1/2 dozen and get the rest of the protein with a slow release shake

Rostov
03-26-07, 4:41 pm
yeah, start at 1/2 dozen. Try keeping that down. Then after a few weeks throw in one more egg. Repeat until you can take 'em down.

Remember, if you want to be a man, you're gonna have to eat like a man.

"6"
03-27-07, 12:05 am
I put salsa on mine. Or brew a strong cup of coffee and down the eggs with that. Coffee is strong enough to cover the smell of the eggs. Also, I tried to eat them with some lean turkey bacon. Hope that helps.

tbone
03-27-07, 1:47 am
i never was a big fan of egg whites.. but recently i've been eatinig hard boiled eggs and for some reason i can tolerate them more than scrambled... i just loud the fuckers up with pepper haha

Diesel454
03-27-07, 12:41 pm
thanks for the help guys. Sometimes I have a meal replacement shake: 1040 calories, 130 carbs, 55g protein as breakfast and then take my animal pak with my next meal about an hour and a half later. Is the meal shake a good idea if I can't keep my breakfast down?

ned
03-27-07, 12:53 pm
I know its not great for you but cheese and ketchup will cover up that nasty taste. Eggs make me feel like Im gonna hurl eveytime I cook them.

JMC
03-27-07, 12:55 pm
i never was a big fan of egg whites.. but recently i've been eatinig hard boiled eggs and for some reason i can tolerate them more than scrambled... i just loud the fuckers up with pepper haha

word...not to mention you can cook 24 + at a time...as many as you can fit in a pot of boiling water!

Kiwi129
03-27-07, 7:47 pm
I eat eggs in the morning sometimes... but you don't have to be religious about it. A lot of times I'll have a great breakfast shake in the morning just because I'm fuckin sick of eggs. I mix 16 oz. milk (casein/whey protein), 1/2 cup oats (clean carbs), 2 tbsp. PB (healthy fats), and 1.5 scoops of ON whey. That's more than enough to get my body anabolic after sleep as well as keep me anabolic until my 10:00 am school lunch period. If you're sick of eggs try that. Eggs are the best and most common for breakfast but I see no problems with that shake at all.

"6"
03-28-07, 12:43 pm
Sure you can have a meal replacement shake. I always blend up my cappucino shake to get me going on mornings when I have to rush out. In fact, I heard there was some talk in this forum about breakfast steak with oats. Don't know much about that but it sounds good.

H.U.G.E
06-01-07, 3:26 pm
Fellas... I have read many shake recipes and threads on this site that talk about eggs and egg whites in their shakes.. I understand the benifiets of it but was curious about the downsides of eating raw eggs??Any info would be cool.. thanks guys

Big Rich
06-01-07, 3:34 pm
Stay away from raw eggs - Even though the risk is considered low these days - They are a source of salmonella.
Always check for a cracked egg shell also before you eat an egg. Throw those away.

Pasteurized egg whites can be consumed raw or cooked.

H.U.G.E
06-01-07, 6:21 pm
see, thats what i was wondering.. thanks man

dominate77
06-02-07, 1:57 pm
when i was looking into eating raw eggs this site said only 1 in every 30,000 eggs contains salmonella....i'm not sure how reliable that is though...heres the link if your interested

http://www.healingdaily.com/detoxification-diet/raw-eggs.htm

ironshaolin
06-02-07, 2:33 pm
I wouldn't risk it tho. If you plan on eating raw eggs in a shake, get the eggwhites in a carton, they're pasturized and safe.

Giant Killer
06-02-07, 2:44 pm
From what I understand the protein in eggs is not digested properly unless they are pasteurized whites or cooked.

hscrugger
06-04-07, 11:29 pm
i don't care if the odds are 1 in 1,000,000 - that one is bad enough. salmonella, in the words of my construction foreman, "ain't no punk bitch." just get the pasteurized whites in the carton.

brennan

WillWest
06-28-07, 6:21 am
Cook them up mate better safe than sorry.

I tell you something, no amount of money would make me eat a cows period raw! cook it and stick some seasoning on it, tell me its great for maintaining and building muscle then ....... maybe.......if it tasted good.

king1
07-05-07, 11:13 pm
theres no reason that i kknow of to eat them raw. For shakes just get the pasturized whites to put in, or microwave/hard boil your eggs for the shakes.

stumblin54
07-05-07, 11:19 pm
I eat raw eggs all the time and have never had a problem. But apparently I'm in the minority here...

Stumblin

gsb239
07-06-07, 2:00 am
From what I understand the protein in eggs is not digested properly unless they are pasteurized whites or cooked.

Your body will digest it either way from what I know.

JB69
07-06-07, 9:18 am
i remember someone telling me that if you eat raw eggs not all of the protein will be absorbed, what a waste, cook em up mate.

The_Dude
07-06-07, 9:32 am
When I'm out of protein powder, I normally drink a carton of egg beaters egg whites with a splash of apple juice. It's not as bad as it sounds.

adidas
07-06-07, 3:24 pm
i remember someone telling me that if you eat raw eggs not all of the protein will be absorbed, what a waste, cook em up mate.

uncooked, unpasturized egg WHITES are at a BV of roughly 51

cooked/pasturized egg whites are @ a BV of roughly 90+

whole cooked egg roughly BV 100

however raw egg yolk is still @ roughly a 100 BV since there is no alvidin (sp) amino acid in it.

live2lift
07-06-07, 3:35 pm
I eat raw eggs all the time and have never had a problem. But apparently I'm in the minority here...

Stumblin

I am with you in the minority here stumblin. When I was first thinking of an idea of a quick shake in the morning because I am always too busy to eat anything, someone posted this site about raw eggs. I always eat them now and have yet to have any problems. Knock on wood. Anyway, I hope this helps. Peace and Train Hard!

Kev90
07-23-07, 8:26 pm
Hey guys, I've noticed that many of you throw in raw eggs into your shakes (I do this also) and was just wondering....couldn't we get sick cuz of the bacteria, salmonella and shit? It ain't gonna stop me, but I wanna see what you guys think about this.

krazysane
08-12-07, 9:48 am
I'm getting tired of eating boiled eggs in the morn, i just cant stomach it anymore. I add ketchup but its not enough. What can I add to make it taste better?

Merouria
08-12-07, 9:55 am
Do what i do, 1 scoop of protein, 400ml of milk, 5 raw eggs and 1 cups of oats. Blend and drink. It aint bad!!

james_1990
08-12-07, 9:57 am
i just add my eggs raw to my morning shake tastes great but you have to be careful to get eggs where the chickens have been vacinated i think most are but be careful not to get salmonella.

Squat_Heavy
08-12-07, 10:02 am
Bite, chew,chew,water,chew,water, swallow.

Freak57
08-12-07, 10:36 am
scramble them bad boys...... Then toss em in a bowl of cooked oats with cinnamon...... mmmmmmm..

Giant Killer
08-12-07, 11:03 am
Bite, chew,chew,water,chew,water, swallow.

Throw some spoons of oats with splenda in that mix and you've got my method.

jonsbsn
08-12-07, 1:42 pm
dont eat them the same way all the time. Sometime eat them in G-Diesel pancakes. Eat them as an omlete with ham and low fat chedder cheese (my favorate!!! MMMM). Throw them in a shake... the possibilities go on!

k1usa
08-12-07, 1:46 pm
I chuck them into the shake in the AM....poached with grilled onions.....eggs are eggs......we need them....not want them.....

krazysane
08-12-07, 1:47 pm
cool, thanks for the info guys. I'll try the different things said here.

Cstlfx
08-12-07, 3:25 pm
When I start getting sick of them, I'll cook up some homemade spicy homefries. A little bit of that goes a long way. Or, my favorite, Chipotle Tobasco.

ct italian 1
08-12-07, 4:42 pm
tabasco sauce and/or ground black pepper.

Far Beyond Driven
08-12-07, 4:44 pm
I like to eat them with lo fat cheese and grilled onions. Adds a lot of flavor, breaks up some of the monotony.

200lb weakling
08-12-07, 4:52 pm
scramble them with some or all added:

fat free cheese slices (torn up)
pieces of ham
diced onion, peppers, cauliflower that you've stir fried a bit before adding

Also good is to top your scrambled eggs with a couple of whole eggs cooked sunny side up so the yolk runs all over your plate.

Update: I've been cutting and I'm really lean now (31 inch waist) but weighed the other day and was disappointed to weigh only 185 (at 6 feet zero inches and age 45). Guess I was a little too fat at 200. Hope its Ok if I keep the name.

Grond Al-Ghoul
08-12-07, 4:53 pm
imagine that theyre live fetus'... that always helps

Bruiser
08-12-07, 5:25 pm
either vary your cooking method or get used to drinking plenty of water to wash them down.

ChandlerXJ
08-13-07, 8:20 am
I am too getting sick of eggs. Eggs. Egg farts. Egg smells. Eggs.

I wish there was an all new protein source =[

-D$C-
08-13-07, 11:33 am
If you don't mind spending a few extra bucks you can get egg beaters. The southwestern flavor is pretty good. Or then again you can just be creative and add things to your eggs yourself.

I am too getting sick of eggs. Eggs. Egg farts. Egg smells. Eggs.

I wish there was an all new protein source =[

?? there are plenty of other low cal (no yolk) protein sources besides eggs.

G Diesel
08-13-07, 11:39 am
I've always been big on eggs and egg whites...

Something Machine said this year at The Cage stuck with me. He mentioned that the egg is a perfect growth food because it is a complete organism. You can't overlook the immense potency of the incredible edible egg. Peace, G

McFly
08-13-07, 11:40 am
If you don't mind spending a few extra bucks you can get egg beaters.

i drink my egg beaters every morning. carton of egg beaters and a cup of oats in the blender. simple and easy.

-D$C-
08-13-07, 11:49 am
i drink my egg beaters every morning. carton of egg beaters and a cup of oats in the blender. simple and easy.

....and nasty......

ChandlerXJ
08-13-07, 12:18 pm
and expensive... haha

dmnspdg
08-13-07, 12:30 pm
salsa, hot sauce, mix em in with lean GB, or left over steak, oats, you could even mix em with tuna, and cook em in a non stick skillet

brandonA
08-13-07, 12:31 pm
salsa, hot sauce, mix em in with lean GB, or left over steak, oats, you could even mix em with tuna, and cook em in a non stick skillet

One can of tuna and six egg scramble with some hot sauce or salsa is my saturday/sunday "hot" breakfast...good shit...

-B

NATBB74
08-13-07, 5:56 pm
I had this problem myself.
Try alternating the way you eat them.
On training days this week, I'm eating 6 whole eggs scrambled
and dipping those in salsa.
Off days I'll go back to the 4 whites 1 whole, but I just man up.
Slam that whole egg in your mouth and wash it down with some water.

gsb239
08-13-07, 6:07 pm
You can mix hard boiled or scrambled eggs with baked beans too. It tastes pretty good.

krazysane
08-14-07, 11:44 am
What I did today was scramble 4, and it taste great. Havent had them this way in awhile. So so far so good.

Northman
08-15-07, 1:42 am
Have them with a little pb. Really good when they are hot and the pb goes gooey.

Bus
09-24-07, 11:17 am
sometimes when i wake up i'll make up a mix of skim milk, oatmeal, and a couple raw eggs, maybe some whey powder and frozen berries...throw it in a blender and mix it nice and smooth...then you can fry up a couple eggwhites and some whole wheat bread...this is a good way to get a higher amount of eggs in that first meal w/o worrying about the whole gag trip....oh, and for the record i spent 5 minutes this morning over the sink yelling at myself to "keep my fucking breakfast in my stomach"

Wasteland
09-24-07, 11:20 am
Many threads on this topic. A few that may help:

Tips for eating eggs when you're sick of them:
http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=4601&highlight=eggs

Making eggs taste better:
http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=9727&highlight=eggs

Ways to eat eggs:
http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=6873&highlight=eggs

dyskee
09-24-07, 12:47 pm
try g diesel's pancake

Testpolska
09-24-07, 2:31 pm
Drink the eggs. I used to enjoy cooking them, But fuck it. I just down them with some diet soda.

JMC
09-24-07, 3:53 pm
Drink the eggs. I used to enjoy cooking them, But fuck it. I just down them with some diet soda.

Whadayou some kinda animal? Hahahaaaa....

alecto42
09-24-07, 5:03 pm
although eggs provide a wide variety of amino acids and nutrients, you do not need to eat them only in the morning. for breakfast, my traditional meal for the past 2 years, has been 1 cup of oatmeal, 1 scoop of whey, mixed together.

Later on in the day ill have anywhere from 40-60 egg whites, i tend to sound somethin like this...

"EGGS, ITS WHATS FOR DINNER.."

waugie14
09-24-07, 5:10 pm
egg starts from Costcos

stumblin54
09-24-07, 6:46 pm
Later on in the day ill have anywhere from 40-60 egg whites, i tend to sound somethin like this...

"EGGS, ITS WHATS FOR DINNER.."

No whole eggs?

Stumblin

alecto42
09-24-07, 9:22 pm
while cutting i'm not a big fan of whole eggs mainly because i'd rather eat somethin that will curb my appetite more such as peanut butter.

However i do use 2 whole eggs a day which accumulates to 8 total grams of fat just so i can get the extra amino acids from the yolk.

dominate77
09-24-07, 10:09 pm
sometimes when i wake up i'll make up a mix of skim milk, oatmeal, and a couple raw eggs, maybe some whey powder and frozen berries...throw it in a blender and mix it nice and smooth...then you can fry up a couple eggwhites and some whole wheat bread...this is a good way to get a higher amount of eggs in that first meal w/o worrying about the whole gag trip....oh, and for the record i spent 5 minutes this morning over the sink yelling at myself to "keep my fucking breakfast in my stomach"

it's not bad to eat raw eggs?

stumblin54
09-25-07, 2:00 am
it's not bad to eat raw eggs?

We are not getting into another egg debate here bro. Do a search and you can find out for yourself.

Stumblin

Shark
09-25-07, 2:12 am
lol Before downing 8 raw eggs in a glass like these burly manly men on here I suggest you try it with just one egg while your standing over a sink.

I have devoured raw meat and some unspeakable things in other countries with a smile on my face. But I for the life of me cannot down a raw egg.

That aside, you have a few options. One being, stop whining. lol

Another is take a break from it. Eggs are an amazing food but if your sick of it, it could be taste or believe it or not even your body telling you to take a break. (ever CRAVE protein? Your body wants it. It's the same thing with NOT wanting something)

Take a few weeks away from the egg. Switch it up and confuse your metabolism. Lean turkey slices. Nuts. Whatever you want.

gsb239
09-25-07, 2:19 am
Later on in the day ill have anywhere from 40-60 egg whites

40-60 egg whites? whats the point in eating so many?

alecto42
09-25-07, 2:49 am
40-60 egg whites? whats the point in eating so many?

Easy way for me to get a meal in, + its easy to count out my protein content this way, 1 eggwhite = 4g of protein, so for my daily macro's i have my other food but then i can just total and tweak it depending on the amount of eggs i need. So say i'm under my protein amount by 60, i can easily eat 15 egg whites spaced out into 2 meals to cover this.

gsb239
09-25-07, 11:05 am
Easy way for me to get a meal in, + its easy to count out my protein content this way, 1 eggwhite = 4g of protein, so for my daily macro's i have my other food but then i can just total and tweak it depending on the amount of eggs i need. So say i'm under my protein amount by 60, i can easily eat 15 egg whites spaced out into 2 meals to cover this.

oh i see... i thought u meant u ate 40-60 egg whites at one meal. That would be some serious overkill if you ask me.

adidas
09-25-07, 2:45 pm
while cutting i'm not a big fan of whole eggs mainly because i'd rather eat somethin that will curb my appetite more such as peanut butter.

However i do use 2 whole eggs a day which accumulates to 8 total grams of fat just so i can get the extra amino acids from the yolk.

never mind...

Big Wides
09-25-07, 3:24 pm
ever think about throwing other goodies in the eggs? like take sasuage and cheese....add it to the eggs. vegetables work well. expirement, not only shock your muscles but your taste buds too....

Testpolska
09-25-07, 9:33 pm
In reguards the the raw whole eggs. Drinking them is harder than drinking egg whites but still the same concept, Except you gotta get metally preped for them. You can't drink, you have to 'gulp' or you'll end up gagging. Espically when you hit the yolks :).

Giant Killer
09-25-07, 9:57 pm
Cottage cheese will provide protein but is not as nutrient dense.

Ajack
09-26-07, 1:56 pm
Raw eggs in the blender for a couple spins around makes them a lot easier...or so I found. Add some oats and PB maybe some cinnamon...tastey little breakfast egg fest. It's basically G's pancake recipe without cooking it.

-Ajack

Pizzalamp
09-27-07, 10:01 pm
ive been poaching my eggs lately and i love it
nothing like runny yolk on toast mmm

Seifer
09-28-07, 12:03 am
For the past 6 months I've also had the same egg problem, tryin to swallow them. I've been makin them on the oven, scrambled, but they've turned out slimy and makes me think I'm eating a snail because of the texture.

I lady from work suggest I put them in the microwave instead, and scramble them every 20 seconds or so.

I did that. They are perfect now! All yellow and fluffy, just like I like em.

Northman
09-29-07, 8:43 pm
Try mixing your whites with a little splenda before cooking them. It makes a kind of custard almost.

Or melt peanut butter on them.

Or do both.

Or make french toast with whites and whole grain protein bread (some companies add gluten and whey to their breads for additional protein).

Medford
10-01-07, 10:37 am
you can get salmanella from raw eggs

Shark
10-01-07, 10:40 am
lol This thread popped up just as I was thinking the same thing. I HAVE to eat eggs because they are so good for me. But sometimes it also depends on how they are prepared.

It's 38 degrees here in Maine right now. Waking up and eating COLD hard boiled eggs was just something I did not want to do. lol

A warm plate of scrambled would have been a million times better.

Preston
10-01-07, 10:46 am
lol This thread popped up just as I was thinking the same thing. I HAVE to eat eggs because they are so good for me. But sometimes it also depends on how they are prepared.

It's 38 degrees here in Maine right now. Waking up and eating COLD hard boiled eggs was just something I did not want to do. lol

A warm plate of scrambled would have been a million times better.

Fuck bro, I'd take 38 over 73 any day. I love cold weather....and scrambled eggs. lol

Medford
10-01-07, 12:12 pm
my sister used to eat egg whites on wheat toast...no butter, no nothing. But her goal was weight loss, not bodybuilding

still admire her willpower

eph525
10-01-07, 3:29 pm
i got on here today with the same question to ask. i am so sick of eggs but my question has already been answered. thx for the info guys

Shark
10-01-07, 7:29 pm
Fuck bro, I'd take 38 over 73 any day. I love cold weather....and scrambled eggs. lol

lol Fine then. You can come up here and Ill go someplace warm. I remember two winters ago up here in Maine it was -19 for four days in a row.

You had to keep your mouth shut while outside or your teeth would shatter if they were too hot.

That shit never happens in Miami. lol

JohnSell
10-24-07, 11:40 pm
Alright fellas, i get different answers from EVERYBODY when i ask this.

But what is your take on drinking raw eggs? Honestly, in the morning sometimes im in a rush, but i want quality protein. I really dont mind the taste at all, im not trying to be more hardcore or old school by doing this at all. But what is your take on it? pros on cons?

Thanks fellas

Giant Killer
10-24-07, 11:50 pm
From what I have heard, the bioavailability of the protein is VERY low if you consume them raw.

BigBlueBear
10-25-07, 12:31 am
If you're wanting the protein of an egg but in quick form, just buy either Ultra Egg Pro or Milk and Egg; both made here by Universal.

bharatoza
10-25-07, 12:35 am
As far as I've read, drinking LIQUID egg whites(ones available in jars) is better than drinking REGULAR egg whites. Apparently, LIQUID egg whites are pasteurized/treated so that they can be consumed raw too.

RoJoHen
10-25-07, 2:49 am
I like to put a raw egg or two into my whey shake in the morning if I don't have time for a good breakfast.

born0withno0soul
10-25-07, 3:25 am
ddue if thats what you like to do then go for it.

McFly
10-25-07, 7:38 am
I drink 2 cartons (4 cups) of egg whites everyday, very easy and doesn't taste bad at all. I don't know about drinking raw eggs, i find it easier to pour a carton of eggs into the blender vs. cracking a few eggs. just my .02

G Diesel
10-25-07, 9:02 am
I drink 2 cartons (4 cups) of egg whites everyday, very easy and doesn't taste bad at all. I don't know about drinking raw eggs, i find it easier to pour a carton of eggs into the blender vs. cracking a few eggs. just my .02

Agreed bro... Very convenient way of getting in a whole lot of highly bioavailable protein and is safer than eating raw eggs. Peace, G

violator
10-25-07, 9:24 am
unpasturised raw eggs = gamble with salmonela infection
salmonela = A LOT of time off gym..
can u afford to gamble?

Fury317
10-25-07, 10:24 am
can u afford to gamble?

This is a great simplification. Very on point. Also, I started a thread exactly like this one a couple months back because I wanted to know the exact same thing. got good responses if you want to check that out.

JohnSell
10-25-07, 12:11 pm
can u afford to gamble?

very true bro very true. I bought a couple cartons of egg whites this morning. It doesnt taste at all bad and its more convient, thanks for the help fellas

McFly
10-25-07, 12:25 pm
very true bro very true. I bought a couple cartons of egg whites this morning. It doesnt taste at all bad and its more convient, thanks for the help fellas

I put mine in the blender with some dry oats, actually one of my favorite meals of the day. you could throw some whey in there too, if your bulking I'm sure some peanut butter or addional fat or carbs would be great too.

Bob
10-25-07, 12:50 pm
I'm a big fan of adding liquid egg whites (like egg beaters) to my shakes. A nice convenient way to up my protein intake.

adidas
10-25-07, 1:31 pm
can u afford to gamble?

1:20,000 chance of getting it.

something i can afford to gamble with.

better chance of getting struck by lighting or bit by a rabbit dog.

as far as raw egg concumption goes...

dont down raw egg whites alone..it's a waiste of protein. BV drops down near 50% area. 3g per egg white now drops to 1.5g per egg white.
either down whole eggs raw or pasterized egg whites. were the BV stay up near the 90% area.

i put down 6 raw eggs 5-6 days of the week. for the past 2 months. no issues. plus it has been shown to boost ones immune system also.

LegendKillerJosh
10-27-07, 9:32 pm
1:20,000 chance of getting it.

something i can afford to gamble with.

better chance of getting struck by lighting or bit by a rabbit dog.

as far as raw egg concumption goes...

dont down raw egg whites alone..it's a waiste of protein. BV drops down near 50% area. 3g per egg white now drops to 1.5g per egg white.
either down whole eggs raw or pasterized egg whites. were the BV stay up near the 90% area.

i put down 6 raw eggs 5-6 days of the week. for the past 2 months. no issues. plus it has been shown to boost ones immune system also.

I agree...it's not that dangerous. people rarely get sick, and the government watches the companies much closer than they use to. it's not like "The Jungle" or anything. Just make sure the eggs are fresh.

DES
01-18-08, 12:13 pm
I have seen lifters scarf raw eggs and eat boiled eggs and was wondering what are the benefits of either way protien wise and which method is better or is it a matter of time and convenience?
DES

simpleguy
01-18-08, 12:16 pm
raw egg whites contain some harmful bacteria... so have them cooked/boiled unless you can get some pasteurized eggs

squattingtillipuke
01-18-08, 12:17 pm
just cook em up and eat em bro...I boil them, scramble them, or make an omelete out of them...damn I sound like bubba on forest gump...shit I couldn't tell you the last time I actually tasted an egg...it is just a textured piece of food that I put in my mouth now!!

DES
01-18-08, 12:23 pm
yes but is it the protien? and how many eggs per day?
DES

simpleguy
01-18-08, 12:25 pm
proteinwise it's the same... the amount will depend on your goals, current caloric intake (you can't jump from 3 eggs at a meal to 10) and other stuff

GRUNT
01-18-08, 12:30 pm
the days of the Rocky balboa I think are long gone...too many ways to cook them or drink them powdered....I would just keep it safe and cook or get them pasteurized already.

DES
01-18-08, 12:31 pm
as a follow up, why EGG it when you can WHEY it?

Doesnt the WHEY protien compensate for fill the void for the EGGZ?

I appreciate everyones replies.
DES

simpleguy
01-18-08, 12:33 pm

DES

I said it in a previous post 15 min ago or so, protein powders are not better than whole foods... whey has its benefits, especially around your workout or maybe even in the morning after fasting for some good hours, but stick to whole foods for most of the time

panzerwagen
01-18-08, 12:36 pm

DES

I suppose it is a good thing to eat protein out of many different sources, as long as it is lean enough. Whey alone is probably not a good option. If I don't remember it wrong, egg whites e.g. contain plenty of albumin, which is a kind of protein that is important for the body.

Cheers!

Ystarien
01-18-08, 1:58 pm
Do so at your own risk. All i gotta say is I got salmonella once and was shitting and puking my life away for about 2.5-3 days. Anything you drink or eat will come right back up from one hole or another in about 2 minutes, sometimes less. So you feel continuasly thirsty but cannot quench your thirst.
So to conclude, it really sucks, and if you're weird enough to want to experience half the pain, go run for 2 hours, then dont drink any water for 24 hours, then make sure you take a laxative and force yourself to puke. That's salmonella for ya!

joe-yamma
01-18-08, 3:10 pm
here are a few interesting articles:
http://www.cholesterol-and-health.com/Egg_Yolk.html
from reading this article, one might decide to eat the whites cooked and the yolks raw?

http://www.muscletalk.co.uk/article-eggs.aspx
says the same stuff that others posted in this thread.

i was also reading about Vince Gironda and some of his ideas...
he loved eggs and in particular, whole eggs.
he believely that you needed to consume fat when you consume protein for propoer digestion
(Vince proported that you should be more concerned with how much you can digest rather than how much you simply consume...
he would have liked the digestive enzymes in Pak and liver tabs were one of his staples)
http://www.criticalbench.com/VinceGironda.htm
some interesting stuff here... thoughts?

DES
01-18-08, 3:22 pm
Ya careful man, you can get sick with some serious shit if you eat raw eggs. Some people can get away with it but I wouldn't take the chance. Down time being sick from raw eggs means down time from iron. Unless you feel like puking and shitting yourself at the gym.

"and shitting yourself at the gym"

personally thats how i like to wrap up a good work out..kinda like a High-Five to someone only solo.
Internally you are going "YEA!!!!"

Brutus_515
01-18-08, 3:22 pm
here are a few interesting articles:
http://www.cholesterol-and-health.com/Egg_Yolk.html
from reading this article, one might decide to eat the whites cooked and the yolks raw?

http://www.muscletalk.co.uk/article-eggs.aspx
says the same stuff that others posted in this thread.

i was also reading about Vince Gironda and some of his ideas...
he loved eggs and in particular, whole eggs.
he believely that you needed to consume fat when you consume protein for propoer digestion
(Vince proported that you should be more concerned with how much you can digest rather than how much you simply consume...
he would have liked the digestive enzymes in Pak and liver tabs were one of his staples)
http://www.criticalbench.com/VinceGironda.htm
some interesting stuff here... thoughts?

I know your at work joe get off the internet and make my state beautiful again!...lol PUNK....naw but seriously Good articles

live2lift
01-18-08, 4:12 pm
Does anyone else drink there eggs? Is there anything wrong with this?

Hey bro I have been doing raw eggs for a long time and have had no side effects (knock on wood). This subject actually came up when I posted my breakfast shake that includes raw eggs and someone posted this link for a very informative article. Here it is...
It is a good read and should help if you decide to drink them. Peace.

drag0590
01-18-08, 4:56 pm
Probly not the healthiest choice w/ the whole salmonella thing, it causes typhoid fever. It was more of a fad around the time of the Rocky movies.
It's definitely quicker than cooking them, and ive never known anyone whos gotten sick from salmonella. But hey if you dont mind the taste, and wanna take the chance, go for it.

Personally i eat just the eggwhites, cooked. The white contains the protein and very little, if any, fat. The yolk has really no nutritional purpose and they're very high in bad cholesterol. The yolk is one of the main ingredients in alot of fatty foods like mayonnaise, really wanna eat that?

-Veritas-
acutally the yolk has as much protien as the whites

BODYUNDRCONSTRUCTON
01-18-08, 7:09 pm
6 whole eggs/2 cartons of half n half cream fat free/1 banana and 2 tblsp peanut butter.
MMM MMM MMM.

sgtmason
01-18-08, 7:29 pm
http://www.georgiaeggs.org/pages/nutri.html

that link should help it explain it further, but to sum it up, eggs are basically the standard by which other whole food proteins are measured. not to mention they are relatively cheap and have an infinite number of ways to eat them. i personally try to eat at least a dozen egg whites a day, if not more. hope that helps.

InkdMuscle
05-09-08, 11:29 am
Ok animals a lot of friends have asked me what do i do when i am strapped for time and i need some protein. Well like this morning with gettn the kids up and my self ready I didnt have enough time. SO I just grabbed a cup cracked a couple of raw eggs into the cup(3) and chugged. I know i know gross right. but its a quick protien fix to help get your body going. NOw i know u may think well what about bacteria and food poision. Well if for those of you who did not know. bacteria needs a certain tempature to start growing. That tempature starts at room tempature(usually 75 degrees F). So straight from your fridge to the cut to your gut you will be perfectly fine. So the worst thing I would have to say about crack'n open some liquid chicken is the texture of it. Just thought I woudl share that with ya for your knoweledge bank.

Nihility
05-09-08, 11:31 am
depends on where your getting the eggs. you might be completely fine, you may die doing that.

with your logic, i could go eat uncooked chicken all day long or uncooked fish, steak, etc. and never get sick.

hardly.

InkdMuscle
05-09-08, 11:36 am
depends on where your getting the eggs. you might be completely fine, you may die doing that.

with your logic, i could go eat uncooked chicken all day long or uncooked fish, steak, etc. and never get sick.

hardly.

Well then again you would have to use a lil sense in that matter. I was only referring to eggs. but again I just get my eggs from the grocery store. Also in 2years that I have done that off and on not a problem once. Now like you said uncooked fish,steak,poultry. I wouldnt do it. But if u were to try im sure because of the bacteria tempature factor you would limit your self to exposure.

Also I saw a thread on here about asian bodybuilders. Check out there diet. This dude ate raw eggs stragith from a bowl and then blended up some raw frozen fish and chugged. And he is a pretty massive dude. So i guess it just boils down to good ol common sense and judgement.

ironshaolin
05-09-08, 11:54 am
yes, I would not risk eating raw chicken, but I've been known to house some raw eggs. I've never taken it rocky style like that, but here's an awsome shake:

4 raw eggs
2 scoops vanilla protein powder
orange juice

blend, and enjoy! Wouldn't recommend if you're cutting, but if you're on a bulk, this shake is amazing.

InkdMuscle
05-09-08, 11:57 am
yes, I would not risk eating raw chicken, but I've been known to house some raw eggs. I've never taken it rocky style like that, but here's an awsome shake:

4 raw eggs
orange juice

blend, and enjoy! Wouldn't recommend if you're cutting, but if you're on a bulk, this shake is amazing.

Thats pretty much my morn shake too. But I also throw in a banana.

bigrhino
05-09-08, 12:06 pm
bacteria needs a certain tempature to start growing. That tempature starts at room tempature(usually 75 degrees F). So straight from your fridge to the cut to your gut you will be perfectly fine. So the worst thing I would have to say about crack'n open some liquid chicken is the texture of it. Just thought I woudl share that with ya for your knoweledge bank.

I don't think it works like that....
So, by your logic, "bacteria" should begin to grow in your stomach?
If the egg has salmonella, it has salmonella even if it has been in your fridge. You need to cook it so it can't do any harm. Besides, we are always in contact with germs and bacteria, but a very small percentage of those little things are actually dangerous. *And they are only dangerous if they overpower your immune system.
*Not entirely sure about this last claim.

arab910
05-09-08, 12:13 pm

4 raw eggs
orange juice

whole eggs? how many ounces does it come to? that sounds like a creamsicle, bro!

im trying that tomorrow.

arab910
05-09-08, 12:15 pm
also, what kind of protein is it that you use?

InkdMuscle
05-09-08, 12:18 pm
whole eggs? how many ounces does it come to? that sounds like a creamsicle, bro!

im trying that tomorrow.

also, what kind of protein is it that you use?

Yeah whole eggs(im bulking).I also put the eggs in first then OJ up to about 12oz w/Universal Whey Isolate(2-3 scoops). It comes out to just under a smidge of 16oz.

arab910
05-09-08, 12:20 pm
AWESOME man, thank you.

so eggs, oj, vanilla whey isolate ...which i coinciedntally just bought more of. thanks again.

InkdMuscle
05-09-08, 12:21 pm
AWESOME man, thank you.

so eggs, oj, vanilla whey isolate ...which i coinciedntally just bought more of. thanks again.

Anytime bro anytime.

Nihility
05-09-08, 12:23 pm
actually i eat egg whites uncooked also (lotsa times my mom buys them from a local guy down the road who we know, watch his chickens grow up all year then we eat their eggs :D) but i was just saying your "bacteria temperature" logic was pretty flawed.

eggs are by far the safest thing to eat raw IMO, specially organic eggs, but for reasons other than temperature. you think your eggs havent gone above room temp at all since they were hatched? think that just cause they're at 34-40 degrees in your fridge means the bacteria is dead? dont think so.

not saying its bad to eat eggs raw, just saying that your reasoning wasnt very... convincing.

then again if you find studies etc to support this, ill humbly accept your argument. just havent seen any proof :D

InkdMuscle
05-09-08, 12:45 pm
actually i eat egg whites uncooked also (lotsa times my mom buys them from a local guy down the road who we know, watch his chickens grow up all year then we eat their eggs :D) but i was just saying your "bacteria temperature" logic was pretty flawed.

eggs are by far the safest thing to eat raw IMO, specially organic eggs, but for reasons other than temperature. you think your eggs havent gone above room temp at all since they were hatched? think that just cause they're at 34-40 degrees in your fridge means the bacteria is dead? dont think so.

not saying its bad to eat eggs raw, just saying that your reasoning wasnt very... convincing.

then again if you find studies etc to support this, ill humbly accept your argument. just havent seen any proof :D

Deal Ill try to find some articles on that and post them up for ya.

InkdMuscle
05-09-08, 1:07 pm

there is the link that supporst eatting raw eggs is actually healthy for you. It doesnt show any of the temp therory so to speak. but it cleary is in favor of eatting raw eggs is ok.

Hoffdogg
05-09-08, 1:35 pm
Interesting, it says NOT to refrigerate them and NOT to blend them.

InkdMuscle
05-09-08, 1:39 pm
Interesting, it says NOT to refrigerate them and NOT to blend them.

yep. I dont know about the refrig part of it. Im still going to refrig mine. But i usually just crack and chug.

Coltman
05-09-08, 1:49 pm
Before I wash face & shave, I crack open my 6 egg whites and 2 whole eggs into a Pam sprayed pan set on Low heat. By the time I'm done they're cooked soft, then I put my oatmeal in the wave for 4 minutes and I'm ready for breakfast. I do eat more than that, but I thought sharing a way to get the protein without a huge time commitment might help.
The thought of raw eggs is too much to wrap my brain around! Plus the risks involved.

BigDaddy21
05-09-08, 2:28 pm
seriously....who gets sick from drinking liquid chik.
just like tuna is gonna kill ya with mercury. people have been doing it for YEARSSS, so shut up and have 5 cans of tuna and wash it down with a dozen eggs

sanga
05-09-08, 2:42 pm
If you are that bothered about it then zap the raw eggs in the microwave for 15 secs that will kill off any bacteria, add to OJ and whey and drink, I add ground oats too at times for more carbs.

I have eaten 24 raw eggs many mnay times a day for months at a time.

simpleguy
05-09-08, 2:45 pm
watched that Rocky scene about 10 times... he gets up at 4 (I think) , has 5 whole eggs (yeah, yokdup, from the fridge like you) in a glass and goes to train

ATLAS64
05-09-08, 5:01 pm
Just a heads up raw eggs and egg whites inhibit the absorption of certain vitamins. So you might as well cook them. They lose this property of inhibiting vitamin absoprtion as soon as the protein has denatured (COOOOOOKED). So cook your eggs!

dannynb
05-09-08, 5:04 pm
I used to just drink by mixingthem into my shakes and what not.....well guess what...twice I had gotten sick with salmonella(sp) poisoning....and trust me that you would not wish upon any enemy....so I can say I've learned my lesson....cook 'em or at least buy the pasteurized ones...

WeeMan
06-21-08, 6:33 am
Are raw eggs safe tot eat?
i think the risk of Salmonella, along with its symptoms of chills, diarrhea, muscle weakness, and dehydration to be far too big a risk!

Mighty Kev
06-21-08, 7:09 am
I agree, it's probably not worth the risk., but if you're going to eat them anyway you'd better go with the ones in the carton because it's been pasteurized and therefore would be safer

simpleguy
06-21-08, 7:10 am
found this thread for you, check it out: http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=742&highlight=raw+eggs

DocMay5506
01-06-09, 12:21 pm
The monotony of eating 10-12 eggs scrambled eggs each morning is starting to grow old. However, this routine, along with the rest of my meals throughout the day has enabled my body to transform from a 175lb frame at 18yrs to a 220-225 pounder (off season) at 21 yrs. My question is if any of you have experimented with simply cracking eggs into a glass and sucking them down like Rocky. I apologize for this thread if the topic has already been addressed and/or discussed. Also, this question is not necessarily "diet" specific but I dont feel like posting a seperate thread on "Livin". Im sure some of you have/are experiance stretch marks. Personally I see them as a point of pride, kind of proves that yeah im growing, but come time to compete, Id like them gone. Any suggestions? Coa-Coa butter?