PDA

View Full Version : Korte 3x3

cope_man
06-07-07, 5:14 pm
fellas, i decided to man up and try korte's 3x3 routine. the only question i have is on the %s. do you start at 58 and raise each work out or week by week in each phase. any help is much appreciated.

Dunk
06-07-07, 9:58 pm
Its 58% on the first week, 60% the second, 62% for the third, and 64% ending the volume phase. For the strength phase it will be 80% for deads on monday, and 60% for squats and bench. Wed is 80% bench and 60% squat dead. friday is 80% squats and 60% for bench and deads. the next 3 weeks you increase your heavy days by 5 % each week while on your nonheavy day you remain at 60%. if you have any other questions check out this link:

http://www.deepsquatter.com/strength/archives/korte.htm

BIG45s
06-08-07, 4:01 pm
dunk gave you a great link. There are some modified versions of the program as well incorporating box squats and chains. I have used as well as dunk and some very good results the first three times using it. Though non related lifting injuries have slowed me down of late.

Edit: I have found the squatting and deading side of the program to be effective but the bench side of the program did not fair as well.

Peace

BIG45s

Dunk
06-09-07, 3:27 pm
Yea, I started doing a different bench routine. On monday I was doing heavy triples, Wed I did tricep movements, and Friday was a rep day.

cope_man
06-09-07, 9:04 pm
thanks fellas, appreciate the help. just finished the 1st week and im drained. not used to such high volume, but hopefully ill adjust. again thanks for the info

Dunk
06-09-07, 11:47 pm
Yea you will, I've talked to big45's about the same thing and we both felt the same after the first week. Next week you should be feeling good though. Also remember you don't have to do 8 sets everytime, if you're not feeling it back it off some.

Deathride
06-15-10, 1:32 pm
Just been looking into this program......seems like a good peaking training system! Am currently pounding away at the 5/3/1 cycles but am keen to test my max at some point after the summer and this system looks like a good way to work up to those numbers.....

If anyone is clear, heres an article I have been reading

http://www.fituncensored.com/forums/sistemi-di-allenamento/128-korte-3-x-3-revolutionary-approach-powerlifting.html

Would anyone recommend this system? Has anyone used it and thought it was shit? Any input welcome guys......

Big Wides
06-16-10, 6:07 am
Just been looking into this program......seems like a good peaking training system! Am currently pounding away at the 5/3/1 cycles but am keen to test my max at some point after the summer and this system looks like a good way to work up to those numbers.....

If anyone is clear, heres an article I have been reading

http://www.fituncensored.com/forums/sistemi-di-allenamento/128-korte-3-x-3-revolutionary-approach-powerlifting.html

Would anyone recommend this system? Has anyone used it and thought it was shit? Any input welcome guys......

Give it a try, I have done a bastardized version of it in the past with positive results. My only suggestion if you are going to do it, is get the cals in. If you follow it to the number, which you should (don't be like me) its pretty damn taxing so you'll need the cals to repair

Deathride
06-16-10, 9:35 am
Thanks for the advice......will do just that when I give it a try. Out of interest, how often have you done it? And how long would you leave before going back to it again...as I say, am going to use it as a break for 5/3/1 when I eventually stall and from the reviews of it, it seems to be one to pull out very occasionally?

pdh63
06-23-10, 10:19 pm
hey guys i'm thinking abt starting the korte 3x3 as soon as school starts again, is there any thing you would recommend doing to get myself prepared for it? And also do you guys add any other exercises to the workout or do you strictly do just bench, squat and deads? thanks

Big Wides
06-27-10, 10:44 am
Thanks for the advice......will do just that when I give it a try. Out of interest, how often have you done it? And how long would you leave before going back to it again...as I say, am going to use it as a break for 5/3/1 when I eventually stall and from the reviews of it, it seems to be one to pull out very occasionally?

yes i would reccomend doing it occasionally. I've done it twice. If you are doing it after 5/3/1 give yourself three weeks of normal bb type training to give your CNS a rest

hey guys i'm thinking abt starting the korte 3x3 as soon as school starts again, is there any thing you would recommend doing to get myself prepared for it? And also do you guys add any other exercises to the workout or do you strictly do just bench, squat and deads? thanks

Follow the template as it is written. to prep for it get your diet in order and prep your body by starting to get your form down on the Big 3. From there its a matter of putting your mind down to it and starting the program

Deathride
06-27-10, 7:23 pm
yes i would reccomend doing it occasionally. I've done it twice. If you are doing it after 5/3/1 give yourself three weeks of normal bb type training to give your CNS a rest

Thanks for the advice, man! Am weighing up a meet in November, so might plan 11 weeks ahead of that and see if I end up where I want to be!