PDA

View Full Version : Doggcrapp: The DC Training Thread

most_unwanted
01-18-07, 6:56 pm
Has anyone tried the new training program DC training also known as Doggcrap Training by Dante Trudel. It was featured in Flex few months back when some pros like Dave Henry had success with it. I have had pretty good results with it, but was just wondering if anyone has had results too and if so did you deviate from it any with good resutls. I wonder if adding an extra set would be bad insted of just one?

3dna
01-18-07, 8:00 pm
I just started 2 weeks ago and its killing me! (in a good way)
I think you should stay as 1 set w/ the 2 rest pauses.

TheNaturalG
01-18-07, 11:21 pm
Has anyone tried the new training program DC training also known as Doggcrap Training by Dante Trudel. It was featured in Flex few months back when some pros like Dave Henry had success with it. I have had pretty good results with it, but was just wondering if anyone has had results too and if so did you deviate from it any with good resutls. I wonder if adding an extra set would be bad insted of just one?

DC training is not very new at all. You don't need to deviate from the routine at all if you are doing it right.

TheNaturalG
01-18-07, 11:21 pm
I just started 2 weeks ago and its killing me! (in a good way)
I think you should stay as 1 set w/ the 2 rest pauses.

its 3 rest pauses.

RedIron 392
01-18-07, 11:54 pm
thepumpingstation.com/doggcrap.html

This will give you the info you want. You will see that your recovery abillity dictates if you start with straight sets,rest pause and statics as well as how you set your split up.

Later

TheNaturalG
01-18-07, 11:58 pm
thepumpingstation.com/doggcrap.html

This will give you the info you want. You will see that your recovery abillity dictates if you start with straight sets,rest pause and statics as well as how you set your split up.

Later

The link doesn't work but I found it anyway. That is not a very good source about DC training. There is much more to it then a simple article. If you want me to send you in the right direction though shoot me a PM.

3dna
01-18-07, 11:58 pm
its 3 rest pauses.

so its 3 rest pauses after the original (1st) set?

TheNaturalG
01-19-07, 12:07 am
so its 3 rest pauses after the original (1st) set?

No it is 3 altogether on the rest paused exercises

3dna
01-19-07, 12:08 am
No it is 3 altogether on the rest paused exercises

ok so im doing them right :) thnx

RedIron 392
01-19-07, 12:08 am
The link doesn't work but I found it anyway. That is not a very good source about DC training. There is much more to it then a simple article. If you want me to send you in the right direction though shoot me a PM.

All I can tell you is Dante wrote it. Doing a Google will turn up more recent info.

TheNaturalG
01-19-07, 12:33 am
All I can tell you is Dante wrote it. Doing a Google will turn up more recent info.

I meant that you really can't grasp DC training from reading one single article. Even if it was written by him. You gotta go through threads upon threads of it and really know it before doing it. So many guys do the training completely wrong because all they do is read one article about it and think that is enough.

RedIron 392
01-19-07, 1:37 am
I agree 100%. The beggining is always the best place to start. When I was having trouble with my bi's not responding Dante suggested doing spider preachers, but only comming up to parallel. Things like that you don't see in the general method.

Later

to the threshold
01-20-07, 11:36 am
with DC you have to remember to rock the stretches hard after. it burns like mad, but well worth it!

tryn2gro
01-20-07, 4:13 pm
been dc'in it for 9 months the strength gains are crazy and ive put on some pretty good size

gottalift
01-20-07, 7:57 pm
Does anybody have the real lowdown on this in other words does it work better than conventional training i.e supersets,giantsets, if so what specifically were your results? I really have a hard time w/1 exersice per bodypart, even with restpause, and static hold principals.

Maximus
01-20-07, 7:59 pm
Does anybody have the real lowdown on this in other words does it work better than conventional training i.e supersets,giantsets, if so what specifically were your results? I really have a hard time w/1 exersice per bodypart, even with restpause, and static hold principals.

I had a hard time believing it too w/1 bodypart, but trust me, it works GREAT!...I love it

gottalift
01-20-07, 8:11 pm
Thanks for the feedback Maximus,I have a hard time w/it bc I'm able to maintain a high intensity level thru-out my entire workout(16-20)sets per b/p I feel I'll be cheating myself

RedIron 392
01-20-07, 8:43 pm
I have been doing it for 64 days and my shit still hurts the next day. My calves are still sore from wednesday. I felt like I was dry humped by a elephant this morning. The rest pause and long negatives hit the muscles hard. I love it!

dIdDy
01-20-07, 9:28 pm
I'm almost at a year of doing DC and i love it,

djlr42789
01-20-07, 9:49 pm
Its something i was a little skeptical about too but once you do the reasearch on HIT training (high intensity training). Developed by Aurther Jones and used during the West Point Experiment but I can tell you I've never came as close to raulphing than when i'm on his routines.

Its short routines that will leave ya dizzy, nauseus, and keeps ya from working out too long so you avoid catabolism. I've never been thicker and more cut, what he does is he put together workouts that if you go 100 and 10 % balls to the wall will leave ya lyin on the ground but still wanting more the next time you come back. But he also has workouts that target your weak areas by using pre-exhausting, double-pre, and reverse pre (arms), incorporating isolating and compounds together.

I'm only 17 but as oldschool as they come (being raised learning most stuff going to my g-pas house for manual labor.) I can tell ya I went from 160 to 170 and i'm only on my 3rd week of these workouts.

If ya wanna read up on this check out the auther Elington Darden PHD.

Trainees for Aurther:

-Mike and Ray Mentzer
-Casey Viator
-Boyer Coe
-Sergio Olivia
-Dorian Yates
-Tom Platz
-Scott Wilson
-Franco Columbo.

Note: Arnold tried it but said the training was too "ferocious" and "suicidal" later Arnold returned back to his own training compound.

jcizzle19
01-20-07, 10:36 pm
Is there like a ebook somewhere or something that explains how to do this. I have been seeing this DC training brought up alot lately and thinkin about tryin it in a few months

gottalift
01-20-07, 10:52 pm
http://dc-training.blogspot.com/2005/11/dogg-pound-training.html try this link

TheNaturalG
01-21-07, 1:15 am
http://dc-training.blogspot.com/2005/11/dogg-pound-training.html try this link

For starters DC training is not HIT and Dante has said it himself many times. Second that blogspot link for doggcrapp is not an e-book by any means. jcizzle19 and anyone else truly interested in doggcrapp training send me a pm and I will put you in the right direction.

3dna
01-21-07, 1:26 am
are static holds optional or do they have to be done?

TheNaturalG
01-21-07, 2:12 am
are static holds optional or do they have to be done?

Check your pms. You to jcizzle and gottalift.

GrizzlyLB
01-21-07, 3:27 am
shoot me a PM about DC if ya don't mind NaturalG

TARGET
01-22-07, 11:26 pm
where can I get info on DC

TheNaturalG
01-23-07, 12:12 am
where can I get info on DC

This is obviously the wrong place to make a thread asking that question. Check your pm's for where to get info on DC.

Edit- You have it so that you can't receive pm's so I can't send you the link.

cjjanik
01-23-07, 8:17 am
Question for all my Animal brothers (let me apologize first for an extensive post)

Has anyone tried or had any experience with the Doggcrap training cycle? There were some extensive articles in the summer issues of FLEX last year. The main point of the training cycle is the rest-pause theory. It's almost like a super set with a max of 60 seconds between a 12-10-8 set. This does not apply with squats and deadlifts. Instead, high reps or "widowmakers" apply here. What I like about it is that over a two week progression, I hit body parts twice as much as a 6 day split (over 14 days). I "blast" heavy for a month, then "cruise" for two weeks to recuperate then blast again for a month, followed by another two week "criuse". I then go bak to the 6 day split for two months, then start all over again. I feel I have made some signifigant gains regarding strength and mass, plus I change things up every 12 weeks so there is no stagnation in training. Animal Paks and supplements are the cornerstone here too.

Please weigh in with your thoughts. Overtraining? Risk of injury?

I have tried the following two week evoloution alteranating between excercises for each bodypart ie: Flat bench, incline, decline etc.;

Week 1
Day 1
Chest
Shouders
Triceps
Back (width)
Back (thickness)

Day 2
Cardio/Abs

Day 3
Biceps
Forearms
Calves
Hamstrings
Quads

Day 4
Cardio/Abs

Day 5
Chest
Shoulders
Triceps
Back (width)
Back (thickness)

Day 6
Cardio/abs

Day 7 off

Week 2
Day 1
Biceps
Forearms
Calves
Hamstrings
Quads

Day 2
Cardio/Abs

Day 3
Chest
Shouders
Triceps
Back (width)
Back (thickness)

Day 4
Cardio / abs

Day 5
Biceps
Forearms
Calves
Hamstrings
Quads

Day 6
Cardio / abs

Day 7
off

BigWillay
01-23-07, 8:49 am
Aight homie, first off id like to say im a firm believer that everything in the world needs to go through a certain process of evolution to improve, surely training philosphies should too, but i also believe that somethings shouldnt change cuz they just work, and thats why something old school r still corner stones like squats for legs, no matter what ya do ull never have over all mass development in yo legs widout em....
Now looking at Doggcrap training it seems extravagant and freakin coool to try out since its new and promises so much and the reasoning behind it seems to weild huge gains, this maybe true but its better to play it smart sometimes like look at dorian yates he wasnt even doing so much and still got injured a lot, and with his training philiosphy look how he look, fuckin awesome so why take more risk when its not really going give ya more than you need???
i just believe go crazy in your workouts, in changin up ur diet, wid ur training partners, wid cycling ur supps or juice but no need to change wat ur doing unless it stops workin brother dats how i see it because u always change what u do when u increase ur weights and intensity
But the program looks pretty good non the less but i believe the nervous system will shut down dat way and youll break down sooner or later wid so little rest... and dont think cardio is a rest day its not rest means no physical strain at all!
thats just my opinion i dunno it could be wrong.

cjjanik
01-23-07, 12:03 pm
Thanks for the words. I also found a lot of other posts on the same subject

Later

CJ

Punisher
01-23-07, 12:20 pm
Looks good bro, Dc is awesome and will help you put size on as long as your diet is in check

J-Dawg
01-23-07, 12:21 pm
Looks good bro, Dc is awesome and will help you put size on as long as your diet is in check

This man knows of what he speaks. Check out his Capital Punishment DC Style log...

Torque757
01-23-07, 3:46 pm
I HIGHLY suggest you go intensemuscle.com and read the stickies in the doggpound, lots of good important info. Flex, will not give you near the info you need to get the full dc experience.

"It's almost like a super set with a max of 60 seconds between a 12-10-8 set. "

It is 12 deep breaths inbetween "paueses"(8 reps, 12 deep breaths, 3 reps, 12 deep breaths, 2 reps), which is about 15 seconds. Once your rp set surpasses 17+ reps, you go up in weight.

You only change a lift when the two workouts in a row you do that lift you are not able to increase weight or reps, you shouldnt change them just because its been 12 weeks.

Typically you workout on tues, thurs, and sundays, giveing a 2 day rest periond every once and a whilel.

I am not claiming to be a dc expert, but I did notice those few things, you seem to have a good idea of dc training though.

Torque757
01-23-07, 3:49 pm
And a little ps, I have used DC with great success. You never fully recover between workouts, but you recover "enough", thats why you eventually cruise, if you know your body well enough to do dc you will know when to cruise, it is different for everybody how long they can blast.

As far as injuries, I highly suggest wrapping knees when doing heavy quad movements, I use sleves for my elbows on my working set for trys when doing db ext and skullcrushers.

TheNaturalG
01-23-07, 4:39 pm
Question for all my Animal brothers (let me apologize first for an extensive post)

Has anyone tried or had any experience with the Doggcrap training cycle? There were some extensive articles in the summer issues of FLEX last year. The main point of the training cycle is the rest-pause theory. It's almost like a super set with a max of 60 seconds between a 12-10-8 set. This does not apply with squats and deadlifts. Instead, high reps or "widowmakers" apply here. What I like about it is that over a two week progression, I hit body parts twice as much as a 6 day split (over 14 days). I "blast" heavy for a month, then "cruise" for two weeks to recuperate then blast again for a month, followed by another two week "criuse". I then go bak to the 6 day split for two months, then start all over again. I feel I have made some signifigant gains regarding strength and mass, plus I change things up every 12 weeks so there is no stagnation in training. Animal Paks and supplements are the cornerstone here too.

First off do not do Flat bench with this. You can also check my journal and ask some questions there because I have it outlined the way it is supposed to be. But remember I have been using this form of training for a while and figured out what exercises and rep ranges I like the best, so it will be different for you.

You don't blast heavy for a month then cruise for 2 weeks. You blast for as long as you can and when you feel like you are going to be overtraining soon you cruise until you are good enoug to blast again. This is why it takes someone with experience because you have to be able to notice signs of overtraining. If you blast for 4 weeks and need to cruise you were doing something wrong with your diet, sleep, and stretching. It should be anywhere from 6-12 weeks with a 1-3 week cruise, and thats a general statement. You only change exercises when you plateau or when you finish a blast and feel like you were starting to reach a plateau on an exercise and wanted sopmething new.

Doggcrapp training isn't very new it is more of a combination of alot of old things evolved into one.

Also for the guy that mentioned Dorian Yates and injuries. That is another reason for cruises. If you feel an injury coming on that you can't work through you start your cruise.

And for the guy that ssaid 12 deep breaths on rest pause its really 15 deep breaths. That doesn't mean to make the breaths as long as possible though.

I am by no means an expert though on DC training and think you should check the appropriate forum for this training which you can pm me for.

Punisher
01-23-07, 4:42 pm
Natural G you can flat bench on Dc he just doesnt have a lot of guys do it becuase it causes them shoulder problems, I personally have no problem with flat bench but certain chest machiones have fucked up my shoulders pretty bad

TheNaturalG
01-23-07, 4:43 pm
Natural G you can flat bench on Dc he just doesnt have a lot of guys do it becuase it causes them shoulder problems, I personally have no problem with flat bench but certain chest machiones have fucked up my shoulders pretty bad

My bad bro I shold have wrote that it is not recommended.

Punisher
01-23-07, 4:46 pm
My bad bro I shold have wrote that it is not recommended.

No problem bro, you know what you are talking about when it comes to this stuff, have you ever thought of or looked into seeing if Dante would train you personally?

Torque757
01-23-07, 6:14 pm
I read 12 breaths? 15 breaths? lets not get anal, as long as it is around there its fine... I read 12 at intensemuscle... but 60 seconds is way to long.

cjjanik
01-23-07, 10:45 pm
Thanks for the words brothers, I'll take it to heart

CJ

TheNaturalG
01-23-07, 10:49 pm
No problem bro, you know what you are talking about when it comes to this stuff, have you ever thought of or looked into seeing if Dante would train you personally?

I am way to young for that, maybe when I am older and start to struggle getting bigger I would send an email asking. I have just been over at that forum for close to 2 years now so I have learned quite a bit about that training and alot about it from doing it myself since then also. I hope some of those guys from that forum start posting here though, they really know there stuff.

tryn2gro
01-24-07, 12:14 am
dc is a great program, again its not for everyone, diet should be done at 100% as well as training at 100%,, there is no 80/20, ya feel me? its great for strength and puttin on size as quick as possible.personally i stay away from the bench but if u believe in that excercise, pile the weight on and take it to hell bro

tryn2gro
01-24-07, 12:17 am
intensemuscle.com

D-Rock
02-06-07, 2:01 pm
I just finished reading some posts in Punishers log, he speaks about DC training. This is new to me what exactly is DC training? It sounds intense I'd like to get some info on this. Thanks in advance.

tryn2gro
02-06-07, 2:25 pm
dc is a one set per bodypart program.
its based on a 2 way split, mon, wed, fri,
excercises are preformed in either a straight set or rest-pause
any more questions let me know

osiris
02-06-07, 3:04 pm
I just finished reading some posts in Punishers log, he speaks about DC training. This is new to me what exactly is DC training? It sounds intense I'd like to get some info on this. Thanks in advance.

you basically have six workouts, three for upper body minus biceps/forearms and three for lower body and biceps/forearms. So you need three exercises for each muscle, and you cycle through these; in two weeks you'll have done all six workouts (training 3 days a week) and done all exercises once.
Each exercise is as many warmups as you feel you need, then one rest-pause set which is the workset. Like you warm up, then hit the exercise until failure, 15 deep breaths, hit it again until failure (you should get half the reps or thereabouts), 15 more deep breaths then one more set (again, half the reps of the previous mini-set). Then you stretch, you can stretch after the exercise.

D-Rock
02-06-07, 4:09 pm
ok i've heard of this before just never heard of it referred to as DC. thanks for the breakdown fellas.

TheNaturalG
02-06-07, 4:14 pm
Unless you have true animal-like intensity I would not do DC training because it will not work. You can check my journal also for stuff about DC training and after that if you still have questions send me a pm.

Punisher
02-06-07, 4:20 pm
Dc reqiures intensity, consistency and massive eating. the extreme stretching is also mandatory.if you have a questions about it PM me and i will be glad to point you in the right direction

Torque757
02-06-07, 4:39 pm

Look dude, no offense to the guys posting but I highly suggest going to intensemuscle.com to find out about dc, youll get alot more accurate in-depth description there.

TheNaturalG
02-06-07, 7:06 pm
Look dude, no offense to the guys posting but I highly suggest going to intensemuscle.com to find out about dc, youll get alot more accurate in-depth description there.

No offense taken. Just to break down my post though. I said check my journal to get a better idea because I have been following the program for over a year now and go to that forum. Also I feel I can answer BASIC questions on DC training and that is why I said he should pm me so that I can also reference him there through a pm. We aren't supposed to link people to outside vendors here which that website can be considered.

bluetaz
02-13-07, 3:19 pm
I've be tring DC program for a short time now after reading some of the past post and looking on some other web sites.
I'm going to give it 2 to 3 mos. to see where it goes not saying it's a bad way to go have found 5 or 6 other guys in the gym who love it. but it's a hard way to try to go when working out alone most of the time. cann't push to the failer point that I think it should go. but has given alot more time to rest then my old system of one body part per day. my joints don't hurt as bad so thats a big plus.

deeder
02-13-07, 5:03 pm
Do you keep a log anywhere here so people can follow your progress with DC training?

TheNaturalG
02-13-07, 5:08 pm
I've be tring DC program for a short time now after reading some of the past post and looking on some other web sites.
I'm going to give it 2 to 3 mos. to see where it goes not saying it's a bad way to go have found 5 or 6 other guys in the gym who love it. but it's a hard way to try to go when working out alone most of the time. cann't push to the failer point that I think it should go. but has given alot more time to rest then my old system of one body part per day. my joints don't hurt as bad so thats a big plus.

It is a great workout, if you do it right. As far as working out by yourself goes doing DC Training make friends with the power rack and smith machine. There might still be exercises you need a spot on but I am sure it shouldn't be to hard to get a spot every once in a while. I go to a small gym that doesn't usually have alot of epople there and I never have a problem getting a spotter. I have a log going right now if you are interested in checking it out.

live2lift
02-13-07, 7:18 pm
Wassup bro! I just wanted to give my input on DC training. I have actually been doing the program for about 3 months. I don't have a partner either and usually don't ask for a spot. Therefore the only principle of the training that I really don't follow is always failing on the negative, I came to the conclusion that if you put the intensity into the program that you are supposed to then you will see the results. I have put on about 15 solid pounds in those 3 months. I have gotten stronger on every lift...stronger than I have ever been. I think that if you follow the rest of the program (rest/pause, controlled negative, extreme stretching and cardio) then you will be successful! Good luck bro and feel free to let me know if you have any questions.

bluetaz
02-14-07, 1:40 pm
No I don't post my logs but have been keeping one for myself.
Natural G you post was one of the one I read befor I started my DC training the system looks and sounds great as I said I am going to keep going on this for around 3mos. to see where it gets me.
hell I'm 36 bench 315 for 8 to 10 on 5 set most of the time
squats low 400s try to stay in the hi 300 becouse of back
leg press 1200 for 10 to 12
military press 275 8 to10
just starting on daedlifts so staying 385 for now to work on form
really started the DC to get more rest time for my body to recover

I LIKE IT HEAVY
03-01-07, 2:01 pm
MAd props to u too bro. Its very nice to see others doing DC and getting great results. And doing the hardest training that there is. Good luck with training and everything.

You should post your log up so u can really track ur progress

kyderz
03-01-07, 2:09 pm
MAd props to u too bro. Its very nice to see others doing DC and getting great results. And doing the hardest training that there is. Good luck with training and everything.

You should post your log up so u can really track ur progress

hey i dont mean to sound like a moron, but can someone explain DC to me? thanks.

Maccabee
03-01-07, 2:51 pm
ya same here I never heard of DC training.

TheNaturalG
03-01-07, 4:36 pm
DC training Newbies ***read this first and then ask questions later

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dante’s Inferno
Who is he, and why is Doggcrapp training building so much muscle mass?
Interview by Ron Harris

RH: Would you please tell us a little bit about yourself? Let’s start with Dante, is that your actual name or an alias?
D: That is my actual name. It's my middle name but its what I go by, unless we are talking about the guy on the freeway yesterday who called me something else. (kidding)

RH: Do you have a background in sports, and how did you get involved in bodybuilding?
D:I have always been a good athlete in every sport, but back in the day, when I got into Junior High school something strange happened. I stopped growing. I went into my high school as the 3rd shortest person out of about 1000 people in the school and I was a complete stick to boot. My freshman year in high school I was 92lbs and I ended up graduating at 5'7" and a strapping, robust 122lbs (laughing). I had always excelled at basketball and baseball but found it very tough going-being so small. I grew 5.5 inches after high school and wound up at 137lbs at 6 foot tall at nineteen years old. While driving my car by a grocery store one day in my hometown of Gardner Massachusetts, I saw two time AAU Mr Massachusetts (and AAU America and Universe competitor) Donnie Lemiuex. The man was monstrous at 5'7" and a lean 240lbs and I was shocked to see someone look like that. I was determined right then and there to put my nose to the grindstone and I researched/studied every single facet about bodybuilding I could find right down from the basics to the molecular level. Donnie Lemiuex actually became my training partner later on and to this day we remain great freinds.

RH: Did you publish your own newsletter at one point?
D:Yes i published Hardcore Muscle from 1993-1995 and that is when I started to first put out my thoughts on multi-rep rest pause and other theories I had to the public. It was a very cutting edge newsletter and I was very proud to say that my readership was a list of who's who in bodybuilding at that time. I had a whole slew of pro's, top amateurs, doctors and researchers on that subscriber list. I was on the phone with Phil Hernon, Tom Prince, Curtis Leffler and a majority of other competing bodybuilders at that time gathering information for each issue. Even your old boss Lou Zwick was a reader of that mag Ron.

RH: Have you competed in powerlifting or bodybuilding? If not, do you have any desire to?
D: Three times in the last few years I have dieted down for shows and every time I pull out because of the same reasons. I have worked 2 jobs for a long time now (usually working 7 days a week) and I just get absolutely burnt out with the 1 hour of training and (up to 2 hours) of cardio I need to do to come into shows just absolutely shredded to the bone. I admire anyone that can compete in todays modern society working 40-60 hours a week because I know I sure as heck cant do it. This last time (early 2005) I was determined to follow thru and I went from 292lbs to 258lbs (15 weeks) but with 5 weeks to go my father was diagnosed with a tumor on his liver and both my wife (competing in figure) and I both pulled out of the show. Bodybuilding shows come and go but family is forever-that was an easy decision to make, and luckily my father was operated on and is fine and in good health now.

RH: How and why did you come up with DC Training? Had you grown frustrated with other styles of training? Did DC Training evolve over time?
D:I started out with the old volume training concepts just like everyone else does who reads what Arnold and the boys did and what the newstand magazines put out there as "the golden rules".....but I got to a point where I started thinking "there is no rhyme or reason to this". It all seemed based on obsessive-complusiveness instead of deductive reasoning to what truly builds muscle mass. I think alot of modern day bodybuilding routines are built on "the must principle" which is fanatical bodybuilders thinking "I must do inclines and declines and cable crossovers and flat bench and pec deck and flyes for chest this workout or I wont have all the bases covered and I wont grow". I think thats flat out wrong and again comes from direct obsessive-compulsiveness. DC training did evolve over time as I trained more and more bodybuilders and noted their results. Back in the early 90's it was the same basic concepts as today but had slightly more volume to it. Thru trial and error over the last 13 years or so Ive honed it down to what you see today.

RH: Why the name, ‘Doggcrapp?’ I mean, from a marketing point of view, you’ll remember it, but didn’t you have second thoughts that it would be mocked?
D:Yea that was a real ingenious move on my part was'nt it? I definitely should be nominated "idiot of the year" for that one (laughing). What happened was 6 years ago I was a member of a small but elite bodybuilding board on the net which had about 50 members. I never posted, I just read the board. I had viewed some posts by advanced bodybuilders on that board that I felt were very detrimental toward their health. I decided to respond and posted with the anomynous screenname of Doggcrapp. I thought it would be one post and kaput, done and over with. BIG BIG HUGE MISJUDGEMENT! People were intrigued with what I had to say and kept asking questions and I kept answering and it became an encyclopedia. That post became 118 pages long and had over a quarter of a million views. My posts back then were cut and pasted onto bodybuilding sites all over the net, people started using my methods and gaining rapidly, telling freinds....and it carried on thru word of mouth like a wildfire and sadly to say Im stuck with the name "Doggcrapp" now. If I could do it all over again Ron trust me, I would of given myself a much classier name.

RH: What are the basic principles of DC Training?
D:Heavy progressive weights, lower volume but higher frequency of bodyparts hit, multi-rep rest pause training, extreme stretching, carb cuttoffs, cardio, high protein intake and blasting and cruising phases (periodization).

This is not a be all end all guide. It is a magazine interveiw to give a good idea of DC training.

TheNaturalG
03-01-07, 4:38 pm
RH: Can you give me an example of how the bodyparts might be arranged in a typical training week?
D: For the majority of bodybuilders who are in need of size the following works the best

monday=chest, shoulders, triceps, back width, back thickness
wednesday=biceps, forearms, calves, hamstrings, quads
friday-repeat of mondays bodyparts
monday-repeat of wenesdays bodyparts

This above way bodyparts are hit twice every 8 days or so

For advanced bodybuilders (and with that I'm talking very elite bodybuilders and extremely strong people) I sometimes go with the following

monday=chest shoulders triceps
tuesday=biceps forearms backwidth backthickness
thursday=calves hams quads
friday-repeat of mondays bodyparts
monday-repeate of tuesdays bodyparts
tuesday-repeat of thursdays bodyparts

This way bodyparts are hit twice every 9 days or so and I can work on advanced bodybuilders lagging bodyparts somewhat better with this split.

RH: One very radical aspect of DC Training is that there are no isolation movements. How do you answer those that believe muscles need to be worked from several angles at each workout for ‘complete development?’
D:Let me clarify that. My trainees have kind of put the notion out there that no isolation exercises are ever being used. I honestly dont care what exercise someone uses as long as he can be progressive on it over time. If someone really believes in an exercise then they can have at it. Obviously a tricep dumbell kickback which you can hypothetically go from 15 to 45lbs is going to be alot less effective than a close grip bench press where you can start at 200lbs and end up at 405 in my scheme of doing things. I think this all comes down to the "Must" principle again I was talking about earlier and obsessive compulsiveness. When Ronnie Coleman came into this sport from powerlifting did anyone see big gaps of muscle missing from his physique? Is Johnnie Jackson playing catch up with certain bodyparts from powerlifting all those years? I dont see distinct weaknesses in their physiques. They were just somewhat smaller versions of what you see today. People are doing every foo foo exercise under the sun thinking it bombs muscles from all angles and in my opinion all your doing alot of the time is wasting energy resources. Once a growth response is reached in a workout then pretty much everything done after that is just cutting into recovery time and burning up glycogen (and god forbid muscle mass). Steve Michalik and his gang were doing up to 75 sets per bodypart and with elite genetics to boot set absolutely no difference in size or advanced development than the people doing 20, 15, 10, 5, or even 1 set a bodypart (mentzer).

RH: Could you walk the readers through a set, DC style? Let’s assume the person is properly warmed up and ready to do a set on say, close-grip lat pulldowns.
D: They would explosively pull it down to the chest and then on the negative return they would resist (control) on the way up. I don't want specific seconds, or a certain time amount, I just want control on the negative to the point if they had to, they could easily reverse direction. They would keep going to the point in the set where they would reach failure, hopefully between rep 7 and 10. At that point, they would take 10-15 deep breaths (usually 22 seconds or somewhere in that area) and then start the exercise again and go to failure once again . Then another 10-15 deep breaths. And then once again to failure. During the rest pauses you do not stay strapped to the bar or anything, you take your 10-15 deep breaths and then get back in there. Oxygen is the key here. What I'm looking for in a restpause set usually is a 11-15 rest pause total (with 3 failure points in that set). That usually comes out to something like 8 reps (failure) ...10-15 breathes....4 reps (failure)....10-15 breathes.... 2 reps (failure) = 14 rp. (hypothetically a total of 11-15 rest paused reps is what im after).

RH: Because of the rest-pause nature of DC Training, there tends to be a good mix of machines used. Do you believe that machines like Hammer Strength can stimulate muscle growth as effectively as barbells and dumbbells?
D: I would like to see everyone build a base and use free weights whenever possible. If someone has a training partner, there is no worry at all using free weights with my methods. But sometimes my trainees don't have a spotter and in those cases I try to set them up on machines that they can "save" themselves on while going to the 3 failure points during a rest pause set.. For example, it's very easy to save yourself on an incline smith press at a failure point, you just turn the bar and rack the weight, while with the free weight barbell incline press, i would hate to see one of my trainees sitting there with a guillotine bar on his neck at failure and have no way to get out of it without screaming "help!" Regardless a lot of people misconstrue this as a love for machines when in actuality I'm trying to keep safety in mind for someone who does not have a spotter. Its as simple as that. If push comes to shove my choice would always be a free weight exercise over a machine if it can be done safely. Thats why I tend to use power racks and smythe machines alot, so someone can go to the well and back and not worry about becoming "tomato canned" for lack of better words (laughing)

TheNaturalG
03-01-07, 4:39 pm
RH: Here’s a direct quote from an Internet hater regarding DC Training: “It’s a lazy man’s training program guaranteed to turn you into a fat tub of lard.” How do you respond to a statement like that?
D:Well with any training routine regardless if it's mine or someone elses, if you throw cardio to the wayside and eat like a glutton your going to end up with an accumulation of adipose tissue (bodyfat). I have seen many people use different training methods while not having their diet dialed in - who end up eating gross amounts and the wrong types of food thinking thats the secret. They end up being a fat pile of "lard" and blame it on the training routine instead of the real reasons...lack of cardio and an idiotic diet.

RH: How is DC Training fundamentally different from other abbreviated training systems like Heavy Duty?
D:To be honest Ron this one always rankles me. The HIT advocates love to shove anything thats a lower volume training routine under their gigantic HIT umbrella. I don't beleive in Menzter's theories, I kinda though he went off the deep end at the end there getting crazy about overtraining and in no way want to be associated with "HIT" protocols. My methods are lower volume but extremely heavy. My whole mentality is based around progression over time. With the normal bodybuilder training a bodypart 52 times a year (once a week) and with my clients training bodyparts 75-92 times a year (hence that body part growing 75-92 times/yr instead of 52), thats how I am getting these guys up in muscle size so fast. I can't have them doing 15-20 sets per body part or I cant get them recovered and that defeats the purpose of this all. So its heavy, progressive, lower volume training with recovery in mind so I can get these guys training that bodypart frequently. People have such a hard time grabbing this low volume per workout concept. But in actuality Im doing the exact same things as most volume trainers out there if they look at the big picture. They might be doing 4 different exercises for their back in todays workout (hitting back once a week). Im doing those same exact 4 exercises in a weeks time, but in two separate workouts while training back twice in a week.
RH: From talking with Dave Henry, I understand that record keeping and ‘beating the numbers’ from the previous week is a critical component of DC Training. Can you explain why?
D: Progression. Simply progression. Some people go into the gym with no plan at all and just absolutely wing it. I've never understood that. I bet any money that if I logged their workouts that 2 weeks later or 6 weeks later or even 12 weeks later when they do those same exercises again they are probably using the same 120LBS or 225LBS or 315LBS they used 2,6,12 weeks previous. Thats not progression! Nothing has changed, that to me is repeating something you've already done and will not force the body to grow further. Thats a waste of time in my opinion. With my methods, you are held accountable for todays workouts versus the last time you did this workout. Trust me, when you have that kind of imperativeness and your log book is your arch mortal enemy, you are in for the fight of your life! You have the man in the mirror to answer to. Do you want to drive home knowing the logbook kicked your ass? Or do you want to drive home knowing you destroyed the logbook and showed it who the damn boss is around here?!?! My trainees look back sometimes on their log books and find out that they are 50 to 200 lbs higher on those exercises months later. What does that equal out into? Adaption and rapid muscle mass accumulation.

RH: Do you think a person would get better results with DC training as opposed to standard volume training if he was using steroids, not using steroids, or would that have no impact either way?
D: To be totally honest, anyone using steroids on any training routine known to man is going to advance forward faster than if they did it au natural.

RH: Obviously Dave Henry is the most visible example of what can be done with DC Training. Can you give me a couple other specific examples of the types of gains your clients have made?
D: I have seen some pretty amazing things in my time, some things I dont even have an answer for (laughing). Ive seen a person have their bodyfat measured before and a year later where it was a little over 1% higher and in that time he had gained 52 lbs. Ive made numerour lightheavies into superheavies. Ive made numerous middleweights into heavyweights. I think alot of people are coming to realize with all the posts and photos online involving my methods, that the old thought of "you can only gain 8-10 lbs of lean mass a year" is complete utter bunk. I would venture to say that I can't remember a trainee of mine that has been with me for a whole year that has gained less than 15 lbs of lean tissue. I did have a trainee one time who came to me after an injury so he obviously lost some previous muscle mass, but I saw the before and after pictures with body fat percentage measured and 8 months later he had gained 67 lbs.and he was completely natural. To this day, that shocks me. Those are elite genetics though and for anybody reading this article, Im telling you straight out, there ain't a chance in hell I can repeat that with everyone. In my mind that was and is still virtually impossible. I have made many, many, people 30-50 lbs heavier in a years time but those people have to be absolutely meticulous and follow exactly what I want them to do--which is pretty much eating like a 300LBER, but cardioing like a guy who is 8-9% bodyfat and turning your body into a muscle building fat burning blast furnace. You pretty much get to a point in which your tricking your body into becoming muscularly larger.

TheNaturalG
03-01-07, 4:39 pm
RH: Obviously you don’t have to name names if you aren’t comfortable with doing so, but are there any other pro’s or top amateurs you are working with or have worked with as a trainer?
D: There is another pro besides Dave Henry but due to his sponser's contract rulings I don't mention him publicly. I also have trained INPA Natural Pro Travis Macduff. As far as top amateurs.....how much space do we have? Junior Nationals champ Ralph Garcia, top NPC/USA competitor Rob Lopez, Junior USA champion Jason Wojciechowski, 2nd place Junior USA Tom Whorley, top Junior USA competitor Josh Barnett, top USA and Junior National competitor Joey Mobareki, Junior USA competitor Jason Hamner, Junior USA/National competitor Chris Genkinger, NPC competitors Scott Stevenson, Robert Hopper, Joey Bonacia, Joey Mobareki, Stone Laszly, Ramey Benfield, Mike Piacentino, Jason Torres, and a whole slew of others including Canadian and European champions like Ivan Gasser (two time Swiss champion)

RH: Do you train anyone in person? Are you available as such, or do you prefer to do everything online and on the phone?
D:I used to train people in person. But training people is just a side job for me and I usually reject 70% of the people who contact me regarding training them.. Im very particular on who i want to train. They have to have the right, determined mind set, and its my way or no way. This is my reputation on the line and Im not going to screw with that reputation by taking someone on who isnt going to listen to me. I'll train a genetically gifted pro or I'll train someone with genetics like Woody Allen, it does not matter to me. I just need to feel that we will work well together, so I have an extensive questionairre everyone must fill out before I make my decision.

RH: One odd thing is that you don’t believe in doing any direct work for the traps. What’s your reasoning for that?
D:Name the 2 bodybuilders out of the 400 pros that have the most gigantic traps. Ronnie Coleman and Johnnie Jackson. Everyone and their brother is doing shrugs but why did those two former powerlifters join the bodybuilding ranks and have traps that stand up to their ears? Deadlifts. In my opinion there isn't a 225-275lb shrug on this planet that could ever equal the trap size you can accomplish by doing 300-650lb floor deadlifts and rack deadlifts.

RH: Where do you stand on cardio? Do you believe everyone should do it year-round, that those trying to gain mass shouldn’t do it at all, or that it should never be done by bodybuilders?
D: I believe highly in cardio, almost universally. The problem is with most bodybuilders, thats the first thing they skip. The only people I believe should not be doing cardio are some severely ectomorphic people, with fast metabolisms and/or teenagers who could pretty much eat anything and not gain any appreciative bodyfat. I feel almost everyone else should do it to varying degrees according to that specific individual. Its very hard to give recommendations and cookie cutter that without knowing anything about the individual of course. One of the staples I've found through training people who had a difficult time gaining weight, was when I had them do cardio (walking on treadmill or around the neighborhood) first thing in the morning upon arising that the rest of the day they would be as hungry as a bull and would eat so much that they would finally gain muscular weight. Whereas they couldn't gain weight when they weren't doing cardio because their appetite was lacking.

RH: I also understand that you don’t believe in the concept of ‘bulking up,’ correct?
D: I believe in the following Ron, I am trying to get people to put on as much muscle mass in the shortest amount of time possible. I don't believe ANYONE should become a fat pile of crap in that quest. I have people eating gross amounts of food up to a new level in size, but I shore up bodyfat gain by limiting carbs at times during the day, food combining, cardio, carb cuttoffs and using certain fat burning supplements like green tea, etc. My trainees most likely eat more food than people "bulking up" per se but I am adamant about not letting people use the "bulking up" excuse to become sumo wrestlers in the offseason.

RH: Do you believe in taking scheduled breaks or layoffs from training?
D: yes, my whole concept is based on "blasting" and "cruising". I have every trainee of mine "blast" for somewhere between 6-12 weeks all out and then I have them do a cruising phase which is maintenance training for 10-14 (sometimes 21 days) depending on how long their blast was. It has to be done. The people who try to go all out all year round with this are the ones who go into overtraining mode and eventually recede in gains.

TheNaturalG
03-01-07, 4:40 pm
RH: Should a bodybuilder stay on the DC style of training year-round, or do you recommend phases where they do something different, like higher volume or a routine that features more isolation exercises?
D:I think as long as they blast and cruise correctly (some obsessive compulsive bodybuilders refuse to do so) they can do DC style training year round

RH: As Dave Henry put it, DC Training isn’t for everybody. What type of traits would you say an individual needs to possess to successfully follow it?
D:You have to be a bulldog, no doubt about it. And above all else you need to debrainwash yourself of the preconcieved notions that everyone in this sport has which come directly from being taught from an obsessive-compulsiveness viewpoint and reasoning. And I think you have to be a little bit crazy. If your 2 bolts short of a carwreck, DC training is for you jack!!!

RH: I doubt it’s possible to put a number on how many bodybuilders out there are using DC Training or have used it, but it does seem to be gaining momentum. Could you see a day when it becomes as widespread as standard volume training?
D:God I hope not, Im already overwhelmed and have too much on my plate currently. I had absolutely no idea of Dave Henry's following and fanbase until I started training him 2 years ago. Every time he does really well in shows my emails go thru the roof. He just got second in the Ironman Pro show and Im getting emails from Africa, Europe, all over the place about DC training. I had a priest contact me yesterday about "Dave Henry's training routine"...Amen

RH: Do you have any books or videos available on DC Training, or are any in the works?
D:I believe Dave Henry is doing a DC training video pretty soon so that will be available to the public in the future. I really should put a book out there for people to read but right now I have a rare disease that is keeping me from doing so called "being a slacker". In all seriousness my articles online are in the process of being copyrighted so Ill get some literature in book form out there to people as soon as I can free up some time.

TheNaturalG
03-01-07, 4:40 pm
RH: Hopefully this interview will solve the mystery of the mysterious Dante and give a clear overview of what DC Training is all about. I thank you very much for speaking with me.
D:Us Massachusetts guys have to stick together Ron! thanks for the interview

**(SIDEBAR
(please just list the exercise or exercises a client might use (since I know back gets two), and only indicate sets if it’s being done for straight sets rather than rest-pause)

****D:as said earlier any exercise that you can be progressive and safe on could be used but Ill list a short hypothetical sampling of what someone could do (after fully warming up thru progressive sets)

DC Training by bodypart

Chest:
incline smythe press (11-15rp)
hammer strength press (11-15rp)
decline barbell press (11-15rp)

Backwidth:
front rack chins (11-20rp)
close grip pulldowns (11-15rp)
front pulldowns (11-15rp)

Backthickness: (back thickness exercises and quad exercises arent rest paused due to safety reasons of fatigue and loss of form)
deadlifts straight sets (6-9reps) + (9-12reps)
T-bar rows straight set (10-12 reps)
rack deadlifts (6-9reps) + (9-12reps)

Shoulders:
military presses (11-20rp)
hammer strength presses (11-15rp)
upright rows (11-20rp)

Quads: (quads are done again with no rest pause because of safety reasons, but after progressive warmups there is a heavy set and then what I call a "widowmaker set" for 20 reps with a still heavy, but lighter weight)

free squats (6-10 rep straight set) 3-5 minute rest and then (20 rep widowmaker)
hack squats (as above)
leg press (as above)

Hamstrings:
lying leg curls (15-30rp)
seated leg curls (15-30rp)
sumo press leg press (pressing with heels only- straight set of 15-25 reps)

Biceps:
preacher curls (11-20rp)
barbell drag curls (11-20rp)
dumbell curls (11-20rp)

Forearms:
pinwheel curls (straight set 10-20 reps)
hammer curls (straight set 10-20 reps)
reverse grip one arm cable curls (straight set 10-20 reps)

Triceps:
reverse grip bench presses (11-20rp)
close grip bench presses (11-20rp)
EZ bar tricep extentions (15-30rp) (elbow safety)

Calves: (all calves are done with an enhanced negative, meaning up on big toe, 5 seconds lowering down to full stretch and then a brutal 10-15 seconds in the stretched position and then back up on the big toe again. It really separates the mice and the men--this is an all straight set)
leg press toe press (10-12 reps)
hack squat toe press/sled (10-12 reps)
seated calf raises (10-12 reps)

TheNaturalG
03-01-07, 4:42 pm
Just remember that this is not a guide to DC training and I left out his email address, forum link, and the question about his supplement company.

Punisher
03-01-07, 4:48 pm
Niice post Natural G everyone should read this whether they DC train or not you can never learn too much about something

TheNaturalG
03-01-07, 4:53 pm
Niice post Natural G everyone should read this whether they DC train or not you can never learn too much about something

Thanks. Reading stuff written by Dante doesn't have to be for the sole purpose of learning about DC training. The guy is one of the most knowledgeable guys around when it comes to bodybuilding and anyone can learn something from him that they can apply to their own goals.

bluetaz
03-02-07, 12:01 pm
I started going to a new gym here in Richmond Va talked to the gym owner what my down falls are. I hurt my back 10 to 12 years ago by falling across an I-beam so I had a hard time over the past years this place I heard about a time or two so went to meet with the owner last weekend. this is the new workout that I am doing plus alot of stretching .
workout 1
abs
safty squats
1 leg legpress
1 leg bar beanch squats
ghd backraises
calves

workout 2
flat beanch
seated db press
miltary press
behind neck press
flat flyes
decline pushups 10 sec neg
lying db compound ext.
incline overhead db ext.

workout 3
abs
v bar pull ups to max
wide grip pulldowns
t bar rows
low rows
reverse grip pulldowns
incline db curls
standing bar top to half
spider curls

workout 4
abs
halter deads
romaine deads
deads
shoulder shuggs
reverse hypers 5 sec hold
seated calves

workout 5
incline press
dips
rack close grip bench
thumbs up laterals
tennis bbackhand
pushdowns
close bar pushups

workout 6
high pulls
reverse grip lowrows
neg pullups 10 sec neg
1 arm rows
reverse grip pulldowns
7X7X7 down the rack db curls
preacher curls
hammer curls
I'll workout every other day and do cardio on nonlifting days I just started this on Tue so I've had 3 workouts with them and felt great at the end of each the big thing is all the new stretching that they have put in and a lot of work on my form going to give this place some time to see how my back is doing so far after a week it hard to tell but I have liked the pump I leave the gym with.

bluetaz
03-02-07, 12:04 pm
Natural G thanks for all the in put you have given me on the dc training its been alot of good reading and I did enjoy the workouts.

Roland
03-02-07, 7:34 pm
I just have a quick question as I've been wanting to get into DC training as well, I tired it once and I loved it, but now I want to do it the RIGHT way. I know that you're supposed to rotate those 3 excersices per body part monday, tues, fri with rest pause of 11-15reps. But for the actual reps....I know you have to go to failure on each set...but what rep range should I consider failure? Is it 8, 4, 2 reps on EACH bodypart's exercise?

RedIron 392
03-03-07, 5:43 pm
Good info Natural,I enjoyed the read.

Later

HardcoreB52
04-05-07, 6:27 pm
What up fellas. This is my first thread since I have joined and I hope it is worthwhile. So here it goes.

Has anyone heard of or use what is called Dawg Crapp training? I have tried to search for it and it seems to be a very vague issue. I am always interested in trying new workouts just to give my system a good shock. Thanks all. Only 8 hours left till I get back in the gym, Hell YA!

brandonA
04-05-07, 6:30 pm
Hey bro, use the search function, there are a couple of guys using a dc program right now and they have logs up...look around and let us know what questions you have after that...

-B

my bad here is one log for you to check out...try searching dc or dog crapp...
http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=204&highlight=dc

JMC
04-05-07, 6:30 pm
Welcome....
Never heard of that....interesting name though!

Dunk
04-05-07, 6:33 pm
Hey man those are the guys I believe that came up with the program, they have a questions section on their board, maybe check them out.

http://www.eliteironbodybuilding.com/forum/doggcrapp-training/

Dunk

Not sure why that was edited, the reason I put the link in, in the first place, is becuase these people are the most knowledgable people on the subject since they came up with the program. If the OP has any questions that someone here can't answer then he will be able to direct them to the people that originated the program.

brandonA
04-05-07, 6:35 pm
Hey man those are the guys I believe that came up with the program, they have a questions section on their board, maybe check them out.

http://www.****************com/forum/doggcrapp-training/

Dunk

Nice link Dunk....and the 1st thread....the training manual....

http://www.eliteironbodybuilding.com/forum/doggcrapp-training/12477-dc-training-manual.html

-B

live2lift
04-05-07, 7:24 pm
Yo bro. I am using DC training currently and have been for about 6 months. I can say hands down that it is the best training program out there. Awesome gains in size, weight, and strength. Lifting weights now that I couldn't even think about touching before. A few guys do have logs here about it though, look around you are bound to find some...including mine. Intensemuscle.com and Bodybuilding.com are good places to get some more info. Let me know if you have any further questions. Peace and Train Hard!

naturalguy
04-05-07, 7:26 pm
DC training is a very good and popular program

HardcoreB52
04-05-07, 8:01 pm
Thanks alot Bro's, I will make sure to check out the links and search for DC training. Man this forum is already paying off! Later on, Lift hard and heavy!

TheNaturalG
04-05-07, 8:54 pm
No offense bro, but you did not search hard AT ALL if you could not find anything more then vague information on DC training. DC training is the best program out there in my opinion for very fast gains in mass and strength without ever plateauing, but it really is not for everyone. bb.com is a horrible place to go to for information on it. Check your PMs for the right place to start your reading about DC training.

And Dunk,
There weren't 'guys' that came up with DC training, it was Dante Trudel also known as DoggCrapp on the forums.

Anyone else interested in the link pm me.

ChrisG
04-05-07, 9:15 pm
I've been reading the manual on that website and I think I might start using that program next week. I'm really wanting to get some muscle size and strength and it seems like that program is perfect for it.

TheNaturalG
04-05-07, 9:43 pm
ChrisG,
At 17 you really are not at a point where the best results you can get will come from DC training.
It is meant primarily for advanced bodybuilders and just look at what your sig says.

ChrisG
04-05-07, 9:51 pm
Yea I just get bored doing the same thing every week and like to change things up.. maybe I'm looking in the wrong direction. I'll just try changing around my split and changing up some exercises then.

Maximus
04-05-07, 10:11 pm
I've been reading the manual on that website and I think I might start using that program next week. I'm really wanting to get some muscle size and strength and it seems like that program is perfect for it.

It is definately a great program...I have done a 8 week cycle before and loved it, and made some really great gains too...Punisher is the man you need to be talking to about this, b/c he knows it really well

benmatthews90
04-06-07, 4:38 am
its not for beginners or those with less than about 2 years under their belt
am i right?

Lava Lizard
04-06-07, 9:32 am
Yo bro. I am using DC training currently and have been for about 6 months. I can say hands down that it is the best training program out there. Awesome gains in size, weight, and strength. Lifting weights now that I couldn't even think about touching before. A few guys do have logs here about it though, look around you are bound to find some...including mine. Intensemuscle.com and Bodybuilding.com are good places to get some more info. Let me know if you have any further questions. Peace and Train Hard!

Most Def,

I have used the DC training method and I really enjoyed it, AWESOME gains. I personally like the Rest pause approach to lifting.

I also personally don't stay on it continously. For me I go on it for about 6-8wks and return to my normally routine or something else, I use it to mix things up a bit.

BE EASY.

grissinger
04-06-07, 11:03 am

http://www.eliteironbodybuilding.com/forum/doggcrapp-training/

Dunk

Not sure why that was edited, the reason I put the link in, in the first place, is becuase these people are the most knowledgable people on the subject since they came up with the program. If the OP has any questions that someone here can't answer then he will be able to direct them to the people that originated the program.

It wasn't "guys" who invented Dogg Crap training it was Dante something or another. Pls get your facts straight before posting. You are spending too much time concentarting on lifting and not doing enough didatic work. By the way I watched your videos pretty fuckin impressive. How much are you weighing? Your #'s are pretty dam solid and if I hadn't watched the videos I probably would have though you were full of shit; I mean based on you not knowing the Dog Crap thing. Good luck.

JMC
04-06-07, 11:13 am
It wasn't "guys" who invented Dogg Crap training it was Dante something or another. Pls get your facts straight before posting. You are spending too much time concentarting on lifting and not doing enough didatic work. By the way I watched your videos pretty fuckin impressive. How much are you weighing? Your #'s are pretty dam solid and if I hadn't watched the videos I probably would have though you were full of shit; I mean based on you not knowing the Dog Crap thing. Good luck.

A guy named Dante Trudel was the creator of Doggcrapp training...

grissinger
04-06-07, 11:36 am
I know who invented it, that wasn't the point. I read this guy Dunks journal and watched his videos b/c I was interetsed in his training method, I think it is Conte's. Anyway Dead/Bench/Squat 3 days a week. He probably weighs b/w 165-180 and he's pulling 500+, benching 350ish, and squatting 400+ with great form. It just surprises me that someone was concerned that he said "guys" who invented dogcrap and was corrected. It just didn't seem important. I guess I need to be clear, Dunk I was kidding. Props to you and I am going to following your progress b/c I am on the fence about your training program. You are an animal regardless if you know who invented what. Good Luck

The Wrecker
04-06-07, 12:50 pm
I've been using the DC trainning for a few months now. I really enjoy the program. It is much more difficult that it looks. You really need a reliable spotter of this type of workout. (Which I don't have because I workout alone) I have seen great improvment on my legs. I'm not a fan of puking on leg day, but I used to it. Although with this program I haven't yet. (Even when I hit 275 for 25 reps on squats, I got light headed but didn't puke!) The stretching is great, but burns like hell's water running through your veins.
All in all I have to say I'm and big fan of this program.

HardcoreB52
04-06-07, 6:00 pm
Thanks alot for the great insight fellas! I guess when I was searching for it on google I didn't get much of the forums on DC training to come up. I think I will have to evaluate my training and overall physical condition before starting. I will also definitely do my homework on and alot of reading. Thanks again bro's.

Gunshow
04-08-07, 5:11 pm
Guys correct me ifi'm wrong but isn't DC training geared towards people who are training with AAS? i'm pretty sure i read that somewhere.

lstan
04-08-07, 5:20 pm
its not for beginners or those with less than about 2 years under their belt
am i right?

No, not by recommendation.

BigAnt
04-08-07, 8:10 pm
Yea I just get bored doing the same thing every week and like to change things up.. maybe I'm looking in the wrong direction. I'll just try changing around my split and changing up some exercises then.

Please focus on squats, stiff leg deads, dead lifts, rows, pull ups, leg press, barbell-dumbbell press, dips, close grips, barbell-dumbbel curls, shoulder press, crunches, seated-standing calves.

These movements are worth gold to someone at your level...

Stay with compund movements, warm up good, train smart and hard and keep a lot of good food in your system!

live2lift
04-08-07, 9:36 pm
Guys correct me ifi'm wrong but isn't DC training geared towards people who are training with AAS? i'm pretty sure i read that somewhere.

Wassup brothas. Not to sound too dumb here, but I train DC style and I don't know what AAS is...could you please elaborate? Peace.

ChrisG
04-08-07, 10:21 pm
Please focus on squats, stiff leg deads, dead lifts, rows, pull ups, leg press, barbell-dumbbell press, dips, close grips, barbell-dumbbel curls, shoulder press, crunches, seated-standing calves.

These movements are worth gold to someone at your level...

Stay with compund movements, warm up good, train smart and hard and keep a lot of good food in your system!

Sounds good. NaturalG helped me get together a new routine with most if not all basic compound movements to increase strength. My old routine had the big 3 in it but had a bunch of other isolations in it that I don't really need at the moment.

TheNaturalG
04-08-07, 10:28 pm
Wassup brothas. Not to sound too dumb here, but I train DC style and I don't know what AAS is...could you please elaborate? Peace.

AAS=Anabolic Androgenic Steroids

Gunshow,
DoggCrapp training actually works very well for naturals.

RedIron 392
04-08-07, 10:46 pm

This is from the questionnaire Dante sends to those seeking to be trained by him. I don't encourage or condone the use of steroids.

Later

live2lift
04-09-07, 12:42 pm
AAS=Anabolic Androgenic Steroids

Gunshow,
DoggCrapp training actually works very well for naturals.

Thanks for clearing that up for me brotha. You are right in that Doggcrapp works very well for naturals. I am a natural and have gotten better results than I ever have on any other program. Peace brothas!

Torque757
04-09-07, 1:29 pm
To add what the others here have said, DC is for those with 3-4 SERIOUS years of training under their belt. The primary reason being the level mind muscle connectoin(nuerological) necessary to reap the full benefits of such low volume training, and also knowing your body.

These things come with TIME, and time only. No matter how serious you are, how much you know, or how "intense" you train, you simply do not have the mind muscle connection necessary without 3-5 years serious training, its human physiology.

Bomber
04-09-07, 3:39 pm
If your tired of training the same way week in and week out then you need to become familar with this program. It's all about Shatterning your previous records being Poundage or Rep Range....or evenbetter Breaking BOTH.

Nothing is as intense as DC, but then again One can make anything intense.... I guess.

Workouts should be dominated in 45-55 mins and your shrit should be soaked.
When you achieve the latter...that is when You have Achieved DC.

-Bomber (Breaking Records by the Rep)

TheNaturalG
04-09-07, 7:02 pm
To add what the others here have said, DC is for those with 3-4 SERIOUS years of training under their belt. The primary reason being the level mind muscle connectoin(nuerological) necessary to reap the full benefits of such low volume training, and also knowing your body.

These things come with TIME, and time only. No matter how serious you are, how much you know, or how "intense" you train, you simply do not have the mind muscle connection necessary without 3-5 years serious training, its human physiology.

If you are interested, this right here is very important. It is meant for advanced guys who have stopped getting anything from other workouts.

COLE
04-19-07, 4:21 pm
Just read this and thought it was worth resurfacing. This is good post if you want to get an idea about DC style training. I have recently been introduced to the idea and it got me searching for info. I am getting more interested in the whole concept.

Good Post.

Punisher
04-19-07, 5:19 pm
Dc training is great for putting on size and it works but you need to place a huge emphasis on diet. As with anything training is there just to stimulate the muscle and the few times you spend at the table each day are going to determine what kind of gains you get. EAT EAT and EAT. Try different methods see how they work for you but DC is not some magic formula that will make you huge it is extremely taxing and should only be used by advanced lifters that know how to put maximum effort into one sets of rest pause which most beginners do not know how to do mentally not just physically. Also liek i said before you must eat eat and eat as dante would advocate this as welll as did Trevor Smith who some of his principles are based upon. Jay and Ronnie are huge and dont train DC but they do eat huge amounts of foood that is the key here.

COLE
04-19-07, 6:05 pm
I feel I have a solid diet. The diet plan I am on was put together for me by a local Pro that is being trained by Dante and his DC style training. Something that may be worth discussing with him if I decide to give it a go.

One thing that I feel I have is a strong mind. I have noticed this is one point being stressed as well with the DC training.

I am interested in giving it a try and seeing what its all about. From what I understand you either love it or hate it. Guess the only way to know is to try it.

kyderz
04-20-07, 1:57 am
ok so i read an entire article on this shit, and i still dont get it.

what is all this rest-pause crap, and all that 12-20 reps. please try to explain to me. me = moron.

dIdDy
04-20-07, 4:38 am
Just read this and thought it was worth resurfacing. This is good post if you want to get an idea about DC style training. I have recently been introduced to the idea and it got me searching for info. I am getting more interested in the whole concept.

Good Post.

ok so i read an entire article on this shit, and i still dont get it.

what is all this rest-pause crap, and all that 12-20 reps. please try to explain to me. me = moron.

ok..when you're doing a set and you get to failure, it should be around rep 12 on most Dc exercises, you rest for 12-13 deep breaths....then start again. You just did your first rep pause. You would do another 6 or so reps to failure...rest......go again for 2-3 reps which = a good 18-20 rep DC set.

Now for back and compund leg movements DANTE recomends doing 2 seperate sets, one high (20 reps) and one heavy and low (8-12 reps) for safety reasons....ret pausing on squats and deads can be dangerous lol

COLE
04-20-07, 2:40 pm
Qoute:
RH: Could you walk the readers through a set, DC style? Let’s assume the person is properly warmed up and ready to do a set on say, close-grip lat pulldowns.
D: They would explosively pull it down to the chest and then on the negative return they would resist (control) on the way up. I don't want specific seconds, or a certain time amount, I just want control on the negative to the point if they had to, they could easily reverse direction. They would keep going to the point in the set where they would reach failure, hopefully between rep 7 and 10. At that point, they would take 10-15 deep breaths (usually 22 seconds or somewhere in that area) and then start the exercise again and go to failure once again . Then another 10-15 deep breaths. And then once again to failure. During the rest pauses you do not stay strapped to the bar or anything, you take your 10-15 deep breaths and then get back in there. Oxygen is the key here. What I'm looking for in a restpause set usually is a 11-15 rest pause total (with 3 failure points in that set). That usually comes out to something like 8 reps (failure) ...10-15 breathes....4 reps (failure)....10-15 breathes.... 2 reps (failure) = 14 rp. (hypothetically a total of 11-15 rest paused reps is what im after).
__________________________________________________ ______________

So do you guys switch it up or go with what Dante has said here? I see you are saying your finishing with around 18-20 reps in a total rest pause set. He is saying ideally you should be at failure between 7-10 reps before your first rest pause, then 4 reps to failure and then 2 reps to failure. This would be +/- a rep I am guessing.

His recommendation would be a max number of reps totaling somewhere between 11-15 reps in the set. This is my understanding.

dIdDy
04-20-07, 3:35 pm
Qoute:
__________________________________________________ ______________

So do you guys switch it up or go with what Dante has said here? I see you are saying your finishing with around 18-20 reps in a total rest pause set. He is saying ideally you should be at failure between 7-10 reps before your first rest pause, then 4 reps to failure and then 2 reps to failure. This would be +/- a rep I am guessing.

His recommendation would be a max number of reps totaling somewhere between 11-15 reps in the set. This is my understanding.
Actually, Dante has been "tweaking" DC ever since he came up with it....I beleieve the latest/greatest info is 18-20 reps. Once you hit that, move up in wieght....Either way, do waht works for you. I've responded well to DC...

COLE
04-20-07, 3:41 pm
Actually, Dante has been "tweaking" DC ever since he came up with it....I beleieve the latest/greatest info is 18-20 reps. Once you hit that, move up in wieght....Either way, do waht works for you. I've responded well to DC...

10-4

What works for one individual may not work for the next person. Trial and Error.

TheNaturalG
04-20-07, 3:57 pm
When it comes to the rep range to use it depends on the person and the exercise. For dumbbell exercises it is usually recommended to go up in the 25-30 range. Meanwhile for a heavy pressing movement like Military Press guys will like to go with a 11-15 range. It is basically finding what works for you on it. It is also 15 deep breaths inbetween each rest pause.

And Kyderz trust me when I tell you that at 17 years old you are not ready for something like DC training. I did it for over a year and yes I did get good results, but would have done better sticking to a pure strength routine.

kyderz
04-21-07, 1:26 am
ok. so he says to control it on the way up. this isnt like extremely slow is it? i mean i can control it by just letting it go back.

TheNaturalG
04-21-07, 2:52 am
ok. so he says to control it on the way up. this isnt like extremely slow is it? i mean i can control it by just letting it go back.

So you ignore me when I say this is not for you. Also you are trying to lose weight(I checked your journal) so this is def not for you. And no it is controlling it on the way down. When he says controlled on the way down (not up, do some more research) he means so that you can stop at any moment and go back up. So use your head, it's not super slow but not fast either.

dIdDy
04-21-07, 5:50 am
So you ignore me when I say this is not for you. Also you are trying to lose weight(I checked your journal) so this is def not for you. And no it is controlling it on the way down. When he says controlled on the way down (not up, do some more research) he means so that you can stop at any moment and go back up. So use your head, it's not super slow but not fast either.

easy bro.....easy now....

kyderz
04-21-07, 2:27 pm
so you try to get all pissed off. all i asked for was to understand this.

whos to say i dont have friends or family that want to get bigger?

maybe i could introduce them to it, no?

fuck.

TheNaturalG
04-21-07, 2:37 pm
so you try to get all pissed off. all i asked for was to understand this.

whos to say i dont have friends or family that want to get bigger?

maybe i could introduce them to it, no?

fuck.

I apologize then. If you have people you want to introduce it to then you show them to the forum that is the home to DC training. If you are interesed pm me foe the link.

Maccabee
08-26-07, 7:57 pm
What is it? I read it in Flex where Dugdale was talking about it.

adidas
08-26-07, 8:12 pm
i think there only a hand full of guys here who know enough about this too tell you anything about it.

intesemuscle is the site were the creators of the routine/style are at.
the whole site is pretty much dedicated to DC training.

Roland
08-26-07, 11:25 pm
Hey pokoritel, i been doing DC training for a while now, lemme know if u need any help, but the site www.intensemuscle.com should clarify things. It is the best training I have ever done, never been this strong and big. Theres a couple of other threads on here about it too. Peace bro

Maccabee
08-27-07, 6:37 am
Hey pokoritel, i been doing DC training for a while now, lemme know if u need any help, but the site www.intensemuscle.com should clarify things. It is the best training I have ever done, never been this strong and big. Theres a couple of other threads on here about it too. Peace bro

thanks bro

***WTM***
09-07-07, 3:29 am
Has anyone ever heard of or done Dogg Crap training or DC training?

Nightshift
09-07-07, 3:32 am
I think there is at least a couple threads on this already. There are also several guys on here using it. Check out the Journey section as well.

From everything I hear, it's incredibly intense and it works!

Roland
09-07-07, 4:09 am
Yea, brother...next time use the search function....love DC training though...mods can move this in the other DC thread if possible

barbellbeast
01-10-08, 10:57 pm
hey fellas, i've been training DC style for about 10 months and i must say the results have been phenomonal. I must say the most challenging part of it isn't so much the lifting but its the pain of extreme stretching. the results from it are very real and i feel that it does help a great deal with recovery but damn does it hurt! anyway fellas good look train hard and eat harder!

WK
04-08-08, 4:01 pm
i searched lol i really did and i cannot find a true definition of "DC Training".....
i've really never heard of it untill about a week ago

Enforcer
04-08-08, 4:03 pm
i searched lol i really did and i cannot find a true definition of "DC Training".....
i've really never heard of it untill about a week ago

Hit up the Punisher with a PM. He will give u all the info you need about DC training

Boz
04-08-08, 4:06 pm
Check this out.....

http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=13136&highlight=DC

ministrssm
05-18-08, 11:02 am
anyone use it, anyone have any good regimins, thoughts, advice. trying something new, needed a revamp. read about it in one of my old mags. figure why not ask.

Joseb
05-18-08, 9:29 pm
subbed for future reference

newbreed
05-21-08, 9:13 pm
I have to say I got nothing but great results form it. BRILLIANT!

Littlefry
05-22-08, 1:51 pm
Iam looking for a new bulkig routine and been looking at Dc training does anyone have a good bulking outline DC style that they would be willing to share with me

Meat
05-22-08, 8:06 pm
I will only say this once...

Don't attempt this program unless you are an advanced trainee, don't attempt this program unless you are prepared to eat a retarded amount of food, stick to carb cutoffs, do cardio, have muscle maturity and the intensity to bring your training to a new level, most teenagers will not benefit from this program, don't basterdize the program...it is made that way for a reason so stick to it exactly as its laid out, you cannot "try" this program...this is a committment you have to make to becoming the strongest individual possible over TIME, and please please please do not even think about attempting it until you go to intensemuscle.com and read every single sticky over and over and over, use the search function and read journals and posts by the veteran members, then after all this make a concious decision to put 110% into the program!!!!!!

boo-yahh...theres my good dead for the day

mk53220
07-06-08, 10:29 pm
I was wondering if someone can help me out and post me a good link fully explaining all the exercises used in DC TRaining and what body muscles you target each day. Thanks!

mk53220
07-06-08, 11:15 pm
Anyone?

mikejones1
07-06-08, 11:41 pm
i for sure cant help you here
you might have better luck running a search on dc related websites/forums

Barker
07-06-08, 11:52 pm
Here you go bro.

http://dc-training.blogspot.com/

osiris
07-07-08, 3:10 am
Check out http://www.intensemuscle.com/dogg-pound.html , think you'll find all the info you need on here. Just be warned if you intend to post on there, they can be real dicks.

DaFr3aK
10-13-08, 11:04 pm
i know what is doggcrapp training but i see people talk about doggcrapp exercises like instead of pullups they do rack chins..so i ask what other exercises are considered for DC training??anybody have the guide to stretching also?

Cstlfx
10-13-08, 11:58 pm
http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=13136&highlight=DC+training

look through there. It may have your answer. I dont know much about DC, so maybe someone else can help you if that thread cant.

never_2_big
10-14-08, 1:08 am
the dc thread is a good place to start... but there is NO set list of exercises for DC trainers to use.
Compounds should be used where possible just because of the style, but if you want to u can use just about whatever exercises you want

jer
10-14-08, 8:47 am
Stretches are hard to describe, so here are some pix:

http://img252.imageshack.us/img252/8879/extremestretches66fo5.jpg

ironshaolin
10-14-08, 10:27 am
perfect pictures. Just remember, the weighted ones make it HEAVY, and hold for at least 1 min. Don't puss out now!!

Ghost26
04-14-09, 8:37 pm
can someone send me a link to a sample routine or explain how it works, i read most of the article about it but i still need help putting together a routine, thanks, also have any of you guys used this before

TigerAce01
04-14-09, 9:08 pm
This is an in detail article explaining DC Training. I used it for a while, but prefer a more traditional, higher volume routine.

http://sosuave.net/forum/showthread.php?threadid=69490

-Ace

Cstlfx
04-14-09, 9:58 pm
http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=13136&highlight=DC+Thread

Here's a thread with people discussing DC. It may help you out, there have been a few people using this routine.

mritter3
04-15-09, 8:32 am
if you want the goods on Dogg Crapp training then go to intense muscle and check out the puppy forums, it has a ton of information for newbies, and answeres to a ton of questions def. read before attempting. look at all the stickies on the site as well. been doing it for like 5 months now and absolutley love it. i am the strongest i have ever been.

TheDarkHalf
04-15-09, 2:29 pm
I really don't like DC's split - so I just apply some of the principles to my workouts like stretching and rest-pausing on your heaviest sets.

violator
04-17-09, 9:45 am
www.intensemuscle.com

check the pound puppy forum out & read the stickys....

naturalguy
04-17-09, 9:47 am
It's definitely a legit training system, I got stronger and bigger on it. Pay attention and do the "cruise" phase, my big mistake was not cruising properly and I got burnt out.

sanga
04-17-09, 6:23 pm
Most people are not ready for this training and most don`t do it correctly to the letter, my advice is to learn all you can, I studied the stickies on the puppy forum for 2 months before actually using the system and even then my first blast was sets to failure and no rest pause.

As NG has stated the cruise is vital, its a time to take it easy, thats no sets to failure, you stop 3-4 reps short, its also a time to try out new exercises for the next blast, a cruise can last 1-3 weeks, 2 weeks is ideal in my experience.

type-A
09-23-09, 10:00 pm
I saw that somebody just posted about HD training, but I did not want to thread hijack. I have been looking at DC training, but it seems like it is a little hard to find info on the subject. I found a few good sites, but I would still like to find out a bit more before I start any kind of regiment. The concept seems appealing to me and I would really like to know more. If anybody has any info or experience with it please share lol. thanks in advance

JasonG
09-23-09, 10:40 pm
http://www.intensemuscle.com/dogg-pound.html

Read everything on this site.

MrMonday
09-24-09, 12:56 am
The website the above poster provided will have almost all of the information you need on Doggcrapp training, however, you would not be considered someone advanced enough to do the program by the creator or any of the loyal advocates.

It is a program designed for ADVANCED BODYBUILDERS. Not beginners/intermediates looking for that magic routine that will finally make them huge (not saying that is you necessarily).

The basics of Doggcrapp should be the foundation of any good training program anyway... Pyramid sets, all bodyparts worked, higher frequency and intensity, heavy weight, buckets of sweat... etc...

C.Coronato
09-24-09, 9:46 am
Mr Steve Kuclo, the newest member to the Universal team was one of the original DC trainers. I would shoot questions directly at him, his name on here is simply "Kuclo"

violator
09-25-09, 4:56 am
It is a program designed for ADVANCED BODYBUILDERS. Not beginners/intermediates looking for that magic routine that will finally make them huge (not saying that is you necessarily)...

this programme is not for advanced cats only, the advanced side of DC is the 4 day split... the 3 day split can be used by ur intermediate guys... the only pre-requisite recommendation Dante makes is that u must have trained for 3 years consistently beforehand... in other words, u must know ur body & its limitations....

but be careful with DC, it can become very taxing on the CNS, make sure u take a cruise when u start to feel burnt....or else ull fuck out...

J-PILE
09-26-09, 11:37 pm
www.intensemuscle.com

It has everything you ever need to know about DC...

It is a very intense training and eating program, that doesn't allow for bad form, poor eating, or lazy training... I did it for about 6 months, but had to stop because I wasn't able to get enough sleep and therefore recover before my next training day. It is no joke, but damn does it work if you do it exactly as you are supposed to. I recommend buy the Jason Wojo DVD to help with the basics, but it isn't necessary if you do the proper research.

ironshaolin
09-27-09, 8:46 pm
I would recommend anyone wanting to try DC at least have a "solid" strength and training base, before embarking on this. The minimum I would go for is 250 bench, 315 squat, 405 deadlift before attempting this routine. If you aren't benching 250 or squatting 300 yet, you will probably get better gains off a simpler program.

J-PILE
09-27-09, 10:37 pm
The minimum I would go for is 250 bench, 315 squat, 405 deadlift before attempting this routine. If you aren't benching 250 or squatting 300 yet, you will probably get better gains off a simpler program.

Definately. At least these numbers...

sanga
09-28-09, 7:53 am
Well at least to the point of having trained ya arse off and been on a good gaining diet for 4-5 years and exhausted everything else.

staudt
10-04-09, 10:13 pm
I'm 17 and have been lifting for about 3 years now and I read all of the stickies on intensemuscle.com and also read a lot of posts on here about DC, but I tried DC for my first time this week (on wednesday) and on my last exercise (hack squats) i did a widowmaker set for 20 reps with 2 plates on each side while i can do 3 plates per side for 10 reps pretty easily. Anyways on the 19th and 20th set i messed up my breathing and held my breath by accident or forgot to exhale as i was coming up and the back of my head started to hurt really badly like there was a ton of pressure built up in the back of my head, I'm sure someone has had this happen to them before and it has happened to me before from most likely poor breathing again but it hasn't happend in a long time. Anyways I was wondering if I should stop DC all together or just remove the widowmaker set from my quads exercise.

sanga
10-05-09, 8:24 am
That could happen on any routine regardless, its because you didn`t breath correctly or held your breath.

DC is advanced, I`d leave it be if I was you and go for HIT or 5x5 or something, as long as you are using progressive resistance continuously you will get bigger and stronger, providing the food is going down of course.

theMASSacre
11-07-09, 8:13 pm
Just wondering. I switched to DC a little while ago and i would never train any other wayt if my joints permit. For any "Animal" who can handle the pain this is probably the best way to go. None of that pussy FST-7 shitl or whatnot. Just wondering how many DC guys are here?

ironshaolin
11-07-09, 8:45 pm
I trained DC for about 7 months or so, got pretty strong and gained alot of weight. For someone who's main focus is getting big, thats definately the way to go. For me, it was seriously affecting my martial arts training, a good DC day will leave you unable to walk on lower days, and unable to move your arms on upper days.

Now I'm doing Jim Wendler's 5/3/1, I'm loving it. It allows me to continually get stronger, while regulating intensity by manipulating my daily assistance so I can still perform on the mats. If I know I have a big sparring class coming up, I will cut my work down to maybe the main lift and one more. Or, If I did martial arts training in the morning and I feel beat up, I go in, hit my required weights and numbers on the main lift and call it a day. All depends what the goals are, but if your main focus is to get bigger, and you don't really have anything else you're trying to work at, then DC is definately a good fit.

Robin
11-08-09, 6:58 am
I don't know DC, but would like to see it. I have heard quite a bit about it for the several weeks. And everyone says its great to put on some size.
What are your mind regards DC and GVT? Personally I really like GVT, but will like to see another workout that could slap some size on me.

It sounds like a mix off WS4SB and some kind of strongman.

Do any of you perhaps have a link?

ironshaolin
11-08-09, 1:24 pm
check out intensemuscle.com, or do a SEARCH here for doggcrapp, I know I already posted how it works. Basically, its a 2 way split done 3 days a week. day one is chest, delts, triceps, back width, back thickness. Day 2 is biceps, forearms, calves, hams, quads. Just about everything is rest/pause, where you pick a weight you can get 8-12 reps on your first set, take 15 deep breaths, get another 4-6, another 15 deep breaths, and then another 1-3 reps. One excersise per group per day, with 3 different workouts for A and B.

JasonG
11-08-09, 4:16 pm
The lower body days were intense, but I didn't seem to get enough stimulation anything else except back thickness. I treated each multi part set like do or die too. If I plateau I might give it another try but I'm gaining great with volume right now so no sense in fixing what isn't broke.

On Letting Go
11-09-09, 8:39 am
DC disciple, here.

DEADn
11-09-09, 8:46 am
I am doing it but I refer to mine as Rest Paused since the group there seems to be anal that if you don't do it exactly as it is laid out than it isn't DC training.

I used to do the pyramiding but got tired of it after a while.

MR.TeachFreak
11-09-09, 8:54 am
intensemuscle.com has a DC specific section you should check out which has everything DC related in it. Also heres a link to ironshaolin's thread for the "unofficial" DC training guide which I've had subscribed since I started DC. I used this and the information on intensemuscle to get started though I use a modified DC style now. Hopefully the link works cause i know the thread is still there.

http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=13136

Robin
11-09-09, 10:29 am
Thanks on the link, sounds like alot are doing it.

mritter3
11-09-09, 2:05 pm
Did dc a while back for a solid year but had to take a little break from it, ya its pretty hardcore, but i got some great results from it, looking to go back to it soon enough.

Aggression
11-09-09, 4:04 pm
Did DC Training through the spring of 2008. Loved it. Gained big strength and size. I just got back in the gym after taking a week off after my show. I'm going to start HIT training. My buddy won a free training session with Dorian Yates at Apollon Gym in NJ. Since he doesn't train, he gave it to me. Gonna learn from the best and hope to make huge gains.

Littlefry
11-09-09, 11:44 pm
Did DC Training through the spring of 2008. Loved it. Gained big strength and size. I just got back in the gym after taking a week off after my show. I'm going to start HIT training. My buddy won a free training session with Dorian Yates at Apollon Gym in NJ. Since he doesn't train, he gave it to me. Gonna learn from the best and hope to make huge gains.

Thats sick one of the greats!

LegendKillerJosh
11-09-09, 11:56 pm
I might start a DC routine for my new year bulk in Jan through March.

dyskee
11-10-09, 10:37 am
just a question ,

i read about DC from different sources and the only aspect i don't get is the total number of reps.

i mean you are supposed to take a weight that u can only do 10 reps with and rep out take a break then rep out take another break then rep out how many total reps ? 15 ? 20? 30? i read it should be higher on machines and dumbells but then again, how many total reps?

Aggression
11-10-09, 10:38 am
for the most part, I kept it between 11-15 total reps. Once I hit 15, I upped the weight on the next session.

dyskee
11-10-09, 12:03 pm
for the most part, I kept it between 11-15 total reps. Once I hit 15, I upped the weight on the next session.

thanks bro

SolidTongan
12-08-09, 5:57 pm
just a question ,

i read about DC from different sources and the only aspect i don't get is the total number of reps.

i mean you are supposed to take a weight that u can only do 10 reps with and rep out take a break then rep out take another break then rep out how many total reps ? 15 ? 20? 30? i read it should be higher on machines and dumbells but then again, how many total reps?

It differs between body parts, bro. DB and machine exercises are usually in the higher rep range because you only have so many DB and only so much weight can be used on machines as well. They're all mostly recommendations.

grigiux
02-16-10, 6:46 am
Any one heard or tried this training style? thoughts, results?

MR.TeachFreak
02-16-10, 7:29 am
I train DC as do a few others on here. I personally have seen my best gains from it and variations of it.

Here is the DC Thread

http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=767

Here is a good DC guide:

http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=13136

On Letting Go
02-16-10, 7:56 am
Any one heard or tried this training style? thoughts, results?

Dante (creator of DC) and his guys preach that you should be an ADVANCED TRAINEE before starting DC. In other words, years and years of experience.

If you dont have 5+ years under your belt, dont even bother.

mritter3
02-16-10, 8:05 am
i used DC for a little over a year and i loved it...it was extremely hard, and the stretches were brutal, gained some solid mass, def. helps to have a good training partner.

mritter3
02-16-10, 8:06 am
also if you have other questions you should check out intensemuscle.com

grigiux
02-16-10, 8:49 am
thanks bros, i allways trained 5days split a week, and would like to try something new, but i training only ~2 years, so its to early for dc i think, so i think i try maybe push pull legs 3 days a week..

Aggression
04-26-12, 4:07 pm
I wouldn't say there are any doggcrapp-specific movements. Just b/c you do 'rack chins' doesn't mean you have to be doing DC-training. I've thrown those in there at multiple times just to switch things up.

JasonG
04-26-12, 4:21 pm
google dc training. Fifth link down is the place you want to go for dc training info.

Jay Nera
01-29-15, 12:21 am
I wouldn't say there are any doggcrapp-specific movements. Just b/c you do 'rack chins' doesn't mean you have to be doing DC-training. I've thrown those in there at multiple times just to switch things up.

haha. I love it when people don't understand the difference between concepts and methods….and in this case…even just an exercise.
You're box squatting? must be westside.