PDA

View Full Version : "COLE'S 1st BATTLE IN THE ARENA"

COLE
06-13-07, 3:58 pm
And I ask........How do you know its time? When is it time to compete? I ask myself this many times. I have desire and I want it now more than ever.

I tell myself------Hell, I don't know, I don't feel I'm ready to compete yet................I need to be bigger...............My arms are to small. Damn, my legs? My legs need more size, more cuts, more separation.

So how do you know its time? I have been juggling these thoughts for a couple of years now and I finally figured out when you will know. No one is going to tell you that your ready. No one is going to hold your hand and lead you there. So how do you know?

Well ladies and Gentleman I have figured it out. You will just know, when it is time for you to know.

For me it just sparked and went of like a bomb. I knew I had a short fuse but just couldn't manage to create that spark to light it.

You will just know when it is time and for me................... IT IS TIME!

What caused the spark you ask? Last Saturday June 9, 2007 I finally made it out to watch a show for the first time ever. I was so fired up! I was on edge the whole show. I even had an adrenaline pump going the whole time and actually felt a little nauseas because of it. I know I told my wife several times I was so nervous as if I were going to be competing there that night myself. Although I knew that wasnt the case after seeing the competition on stage. I looked at my wife and say to her damn I feel small...........Look the people walking around and just watching look like they could compete. I knew right then I have my work cut out for me and that is what threw a spark to light my fuse.

I knew that IFBB Pro Patrick Richardson was going to be guest posing and outside of the old school bodybuilders that I only read about Pat inspires me. Pat in my eyes is a mentor. Even the modern day bodybuilders that I read about here and in magazines still seem more like a myth in its on as I have never met any of them personally but yet I know they are real and just as inspiring. Pat is the one and only Pro bodybuilder or first bodybuilder period, I have ever met in my life. He helps me with my diet, he answers questions and he is a good source for my supps when I need something fast. Pat owns a local supplement shop called All Pro Nutrition and I discovered him for myself just short of a year ago I guess it has been now. He reminds me of Franco Columbo at only 5'4" as Pat would state "Only on a good day, maybe, if I hang from a pull-up bar with a few 45's around my waist"

I consider Pat more than a bodybuilder he is a friend. Now he is not my best friend as Pat is all about business since that is how he makes a living but none the less I consider him a good friend.

"Friend" Defined:
–noun
1. a person attached to another by feelings of affection or personal regard.
2. a person who gives assistance; patron; supporter
3. a person who is on good terms with another; a person who is not hostile
4. a member of the same nation, party, etc.
5. (initial capital letter ) a member of the Religious Society of Friends;a Quaker.
–verb (used with object)
6. Rare. to befriend.
—Idiom
7. make friends with, to enter into friendly relations with; become a friend to.

With that all being said I have committed myself to do this same show that I just recently went and watched. This show is a newly added show in the NPC this year. It was the 2007 Atlantic Coast Crystal Cup.

I have my mind set to be a contender in this show for next year as my very first show. Win, lose or draw! I am committed!

Join me on my journey to the North Carolina NPC, 2008 Atlantic Coast Crystal Cup.

More to come...................

DMH56308
06-13-07, 4:07 pm
Well i will be the first to wish you the best of luck, stay focused and good things will happen......i look forward to the the future posts!

COLE
06-13-07, 4:11 pm
Thanks for the support I will need it daily.

At times I know this Forvm will keep me going and that I can come here for advice and mental strength anytime I need to. Knowing I have Insurance coverage helps a lot.

DMH56308
06-13-07, 4:13 pm
You got it, lots animals here got your back!

k1usa
06-13-07, 4:36 pm
dont hesitate...get in...mix it up and be proud....run with what you have...and dont look back...just keep moving forward my friend....we are all behind you....and...nice to see a 30 something get in the mix.....Im going to be on the stage in the next 2 years...and Im 53...if it works....I want it bad.....

COLE
06-13-07, 4:41 pm
dont hesitate...get in...mix it up and be proud....run with what you have...and dont look back...just keep moving forward my friend....we are all behind you....and...nice to see a 30 something get in the mix.....Im going to be on the stage in the next 2 years...and Im 53...if it works....I want it bad.....

I knew it would be a short matter of time that I get a response from you Bro. Thanks!

The light is so bright I have no idea what I am walking into as I am blinded. All I know is I am not alone as I start my walk towards it.

k1usa
06-13-07, 4:53 pm
Im with you here bro...and proud of you. I was just talking about this same thing last night...and its exciting. I have been promoting everyone elce all my life....other bodybuilders....martial artest...my son...now its my turn to do something. I want to compete....and I fugure in 2 years...based on current progress....I should be able to do this in the seniors old fogie group. I think that when your heart is young...you believe in accomplishing your goals...nothing will stop you. Look at my signature...and after reading it...go to the link and see what this feels and sounds like....its all about the inner gut...that fucken beast that needs to be fed.....I feed mine pain...and iron....and someday Ill tame the fuker...but for now...its inside and it drives me.......so...y0u find that best...feed it and get on stage and make it happen......you contact me anytime bro....Im here....

brandonA
06-13-07, 4:56 pm
That's awesome Cole...good luck bro...

-B

COLE
06-13-07, 6:13 pm
Thanks B

brandonA
06-13-07, 6:14 pm
Thanks B

Any time bro..you got the Animals at your back..Maybe your journery will encourage others to take the same step...

-B

JUGGERNAUT
06-13-07, 6:33 pm
Go for it bro, it will change you forever in a positive light.

stumblin54
06-13-07, 6:49 pm
Sick shit COLE. I plan to be on stage a year after you and I'll be following. Lot of support here for you bro.

Stumblin

Space Cowboy
06-13-07, 6:58 pm
And i'll follow Stumblin and go the year after him........

Everytime ive seen a post of yours regarding shows or wot-not, theres always been a sense that your jus aching to come off the leash, but your rite, you jus know when the times rite, now make this your time, circle that date with a big red marker, then do what we do best.......get your head down for the long haul, journeys gonna be hard, jus give it your best..... its what defines the weak from the strong, no matter where you place at the show.

All the very best, w'ere all behind you, and w'ere all along for the journey.

EASI

Toni69
06-14-07, 5:35 am
There is nothing like experiencing the feeling of getting ready for your first show. You dont know what to expect and you learn a hell of a lot about yourself during those few months of brutal dieting and training. Its a huge accomplishment to be able to withstand what your about to put yourself through and nobody can truly understand unless they went through it themselves. Even then, your journey is your own, its your own personal fight with yourself...its your struggle and desire to be the best you can be and even then, that is never enough. When its all said and done, trophy or no trophy, a new you sets in and you decide then and there what you are made of and how you will strive to keep improving yourself.

Preparing for a show not only provides a foundation of what is to come as far as personal accomplishment, achievement, your competitive fire, your desire to be the best you can be and to test your limits. It drives you and gives you more self confidence and awareness of what your made of. It takes a hell of a lot of discipline, dedication, hard work, and you have to bit a bit selfish and aware of how much this time you spend getting ready affects those around you.

Once you start, you must finish! This new journey will bring the best and worst out of you and both are good things, very good things. You will learn things about yourself that you never knew were there.

So, I applaud you for accepting this challenge and I am always here to support you as you have always done for me.

Good luck!

Nightshift
06-14-07, 7:07 am
Good luck brother! Keep your eye on the prize at all times!

COLE
06-15-07, 3:12 pm
Thanks all again for the support and encouragement.

I will try and get my training split up here soon and keep you up to date on my progress. I will drop some thoughts and questions here as well as things come up on my way to the preparing for the show. I have no idea what I am doing since this will be the first time. All I know for now is eat, lift and gain as much quality muscle as I can and absorb all I can from now until then to help me get prepared.

I will also try and get some current pics up just so you can see where I am starting from at 12 months out. This is what I have to build from and if all goes as planned pack on a few pounds in the next 9 months before starting contest prep somewhere around March 08.

Look for the pics in a few...............

COLE
06-15-07, 3:48 pm
Here is an idea of what I am working with. These were taken last night after my arm workout. The quality of the pics are not that great but none the less it gives a good idea.

Feel free to give some constructive criticism and feed back.

http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s173/IRONCOLE/DSC05156.jpg

http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s173/IRONCOLE/DSC05159.jpg

http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s173/IRONCOLE/DSC05167.jpg

http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s173/IRONCOLE/DSC05170.jpg

http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s173/IRONCOLE/DSC05182.jpg

http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s173/IRONCOLE/DSC05207.jpg

brandonA
06-15-07, 3:52 pm
Here is an idea of what I am working with. These were taken last night after my arm workout. The quality of the pics are not that great but none the less it gives a good idea.

http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s173/IRONCOLE/DSC05156.jpg

http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s173/IRONCOLE/DSC05159.jpg

http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s173/IRONCOLE/DSC05167.jpg

http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s173/IRONCOLE/DSC05170.jpg

http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s173/IRONCOLE/DSC05182.jpg

http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s173/IRONCOLE/DSC05207.jpg

Very solid base bro...Tons there to work with...12 months out and you are on your way...

-B

Toni69
06-15-07, 4:25 pm
You have loads of potential Cole..lots to work with already. You def have a solid base right now. Awesome! You have plenty of time to fine tune areas...no prob.

I hate giving people advice on legs when mine need so much work as it is..like, who am I to talk or make comments when it comes to legs...but I will say, I think your quads are really good..hams may need some work as far as thickness and shape are concerned...definition will come way later. I say this because I saw most of the guys at my last show and their legs were huge and their hams were just sick looking..like huge chunks of meat hanging off the bone.

Men have lots of competition..more than the women. The men are bigger and harder now..so I feel more for you since the pressure is even more intense because you have so many to compete against. At my last show, there seemed to be more heavyweight girls than lightweights..and I am seeing this alot. I think lightweight female BB's may be moving over to figure..shit, why not..its easier.

Men however, well...the guys at my show were on that stage a lot longer, posing harder and longer for the judges, and they were so exhausted when they walked off the stage because the judges kept them up there so long..there was too much competition..you must be prepared for this.

Start posing everyday starting now. I made the mistake of slacking with my posing so I was not as sharp as that overall winner at my show. Then again, she had loads more experience then I did too.

I want you to do really well and with that bod, I know you will! So far Cole..you are looking dam good!

Space Cowboy
06-15-07, 4:31 pm
That 'cheeky grin' in pics 3 + 5 should win there own contest. Traps in the last pic are sick!

EASI

COLE
06-15-07, 5:31 pm
You have loads of potential Cole..lots to work with already. You def have a solid base right now. Awesome! You have plenty of time to fine tune areas...no prob.

I hate giving people advice on legs when mine need so much work as it is..like, who am I to talk or make comments when it comes to legs...but I will say, I think your quads are really good..hams may need some work as far as thickness and shape are concerned...definition will come way later. I say this because I saw most of the guys at my last show and their legs were huge and their hams were just sick looking..like huge chunks of meat hanging off the bone.

Men have lots of competition..more than the women. The men are bigger and harder now..so I feel more for you since the pressure is even more intense because you have so many to compete against. At my last show, there seemed to be more heavyweight girls than lightweights..and I am seeing this alot. I think lightweight female BB's may be moving over to figure..shit, why not..its easier.

Men however, well...the guys at my show were on that stage a lot longer, posing harder and longer for the judges, and they were so exhausted when they walked off the stage because the judges kept them up there so long..there was too much competition..you must be prepared for this.

Start posing everyday starting now. I made the mistake of slacking with my posing so I was not as sharp as that overall winner at my show. Then again, she had loads more experience then I did too.

I want you to do really well and with that bod, I know you will! So far Cole..you are looking dam good!
Thanks Toni!

I feel like I have so much that needs improvement. My main focus is going to be upper legs, Quads, Hams and Glutes. Back, width and thickness. Chest, need more thickness at the bottom. Arms could stand to be bigger too. You know how it is, always something that needs work in our own eyes.

I guess when you compare yourself to the mental image of what you would like to look like and until you get to that point, in which most people never do then you will always see areas that need work. Gives me a reason to keep at it.

COLE
06-15-07, 5:33 pm
That 'cheeky grin' in pics 3 + 5 should win there own contest. Traps in the last pic are sick!

EASI

I think I need to smile more. lol

I look more like Im out for the kill or truth be known I just need to practice my posing because that shit will wear you out after a hard workout.

hjayss
06-16-07, 7:24 am
Dont hurt em too bad cole...you are ready, ready, ready get in the mix bro...good luck..we will be hearing from you about how well you did...I am not a judge but I really can not see any flaw and I am trying just to be the objective voice you know..man to man, brother to brother you look great well donoe the time spent in the gym shows...

Toni69
06-16-07, 3:34 pm
Yes, we are most critical of ourselves arent we? Like today, I looked pretty good..still maintaing my shape since the show and I had some comments from girls and guys. I was wearing shorts and some girls liked my legs and I was telling them how they are my lagging area, but they couldnt see it. Most people dont understand the demands and hard work it takes to be able to be ready for the stage...and its still never good enough..even if we win.

It is one thing to have an aesthtically pleasing body for yourself, a physique your comfortable with; how you want to look off season and all and how you mesh that with your overall BB goals. It is a whole other ballgame when your being compared to someone else with a comparable physique. You have to have something that stands out above the rest.

I tend to not gain too much weight in my off season..but I am changing that starting monday. It is the only way I will have a shot at building much needed muscle in my legs so that when I do diet down again, there is more there to fine tune. The average person, when you tell them this..they look at you like your nuts! Then sometimes I wonder if I am! LOL

Preparing for a show is huge and its a major accomplishment on your part whether you win or not. Yes, winning is fantastic and once you do one show, you only want to do another soon after because you begin to enjoy the challenge and fight to be your very best and to keep improving..plus, it builds self confidence among other things you will find out about yourself.

You know what to do...keep your head straight, your eye on the target, and never give up..even when you feel you are at your lowest..trust me...your not!

Angst
06-16-07, 3:50 pm
Looking good in those pics, I think you should post a couple more so people can get a better look. Post a front double bis, front/back lat spread, side tri's, etc.

Huge wheels, traps. I think your traps might be overpowering your delts, also like you said, bring up your arms to match your quads. I train quads/hams on different days in order to bring up my hamstrings, I also like to do dumbbell lunges at the end of the quad workout, I normally go for 4 sets of 100 yards total.
Best of the luck bro

COLE
06-16-07, 5:13 pm
Looking good in those pics, I think you should post a couple more so people can get a better look. Post a front double bis, front/back lat spread, side tri's, etc.

Huge wheels, traps. I think your traps might be overpowering your delts, also like you said, bring up your arms to match your quads. I train quads/hams on different days in order to bring up my hamstrings, I also like to do dumbbell lunges at the end of the quad workout, I normally go for 4 sets of 100 yards total.
Best of the luck bro

Its funny you mention training quads and hams on different days. This was already my plan of action.

I just go back from the gym and today was Legs with most of the focus on Hams and Glutes.

Today's workout:

Leg Ext 3x12
Seated Leg Curls 3x12
(This is just to get some blood flow and warm up the ol' joints.)

Leg Press (High and Wide) 6x20,15,12,12,8,8

Walking lunges 50lb db's across the gym and back 3 times

Strait Leg Dead Lifts 3x12

Standing Leg Curls 3x12

Adductor machine 3x10

Ab's

As far as more pics we will see but it wont be real soon. I am fat as hell right now bro, full bulk for the last 6 months and full bulk for the next 9 months. I don't plan on posting pics that often. Maybe every couple months. I like to keep eyebrows raised!

I have just gotten back into doing cardio on a regular basis to lean out a little more and try to get down to around 10% bf and maintain until contest diet starts. The last time I had a bf test I was around 17%. Not sure exactly where I am sitting right now but I have put on a little over 10 pounds in the last two months.

COLE
02-27-08, 11:42 am
Ok. So I have not given any updates on this journey for a long time and the update I have is not such a good one.

First let me start of with a thank you from J-Dawg and the FORVM for the B-Day wishes I got via email. This was the email I got and it was a good reminder for me to keep on track for the Journey I started almost a year ago.

Wassup COLE,

We at the F O R V M wanna say happy birthday... Don't go crazy.
Remember your Journey. Peace.

And the bad news begins............

As I was in VA attending a funeral service as if that is not bad enough news that we had a death in the family. My wife's aunt passed unexpected and the only thing we have to blame is the flu. She was 58 years old? Something for us all to think about. You should never take anything for granted because we are never guaranteed another tomorrow.

We are sitting on the sofa watching TV when my cell phone rings with a chime that I have gotten a text message. Well I thought hmmm, must be Patrick. I knew it was him since that's the only person that text me or that I text for the most part.

For those that don't know Patrick. Patrick Richardson IFBB Pro. Owns the nutrition shop that I help out at as Asst. Manager. Pat is much more than a Boss he is a very good friend and one of the few people I have grown to trust. I thank God for friends like him.

Here is the message I got:

Bad news bro....... Your show got cancelled.

Hope you guys are doing ok. Sorry about the bad news.

Well that was a big surprise since I have been preparing myself for this show for a year now. And here I was 14 weeks from the day the show was going to be and get this info.

I have had already cleaned up my diet since Christmas and had started to lean out. So I was in a pre-contest, contest diet if you will. Had added cardio in a few days a weeks 35 minutes of steady walking on an incline. Its amazing how fast you can make changes just by adding a little of this and that at a time, eating clean and keeping things consistent. I had my mind right and was very straight forward at this point.

I was planning to start my contest diet at 14 weeks out which is where we stand right now. So with this being said I'm not real sure what show I am going to do now. The next up coming show in my area or relatively is the Mountaineer in Boone, NC. This is a National Qualifier and a much tougher show than what I expected the Atlantic Coast Crystal Cup to be but you never know.

I will let you all know what I decide as soon as I figure out what I am going to do. I want to get on stage this year so I am going to do my best to do just that. Disappointing but I am one to believe everything happens for a reason. So I will continue to think that this was meant to be in some way and keep positive in my Journey to getting on stage this year.

Mean while, Stay Tuned, Stay Strong and Train Hard!!!!

Animal Strong!

COLE
06-21-08, 11:32 am
So I said stay tuned. Here is what I have decided. This year not getting on stage although I feel I have improved in the last year.

I am planning to get on stage next year early spring and I couldn’t be more excited about that.

This will give me almost another year of improvements and give me more confidence on stage.

Toni69 if you catch this then I think I have improved on my Hams and I’m very happy with that so far. ; )~

So here are a few pics from a couple of weeks ago. I’m not real happy with my body fat percentages right now but I have just started concentrating on Cardio daily rather than a few days a week. I just got bf% tested yesterday and I am sitting at 190.5 pounds at 15.9%.

Side Chest

http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s173/IRONCOLE/07.jpg

Side Tri

http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s173/IRONCOLE/08.jpg

Rear Double Bi

http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s173/IRONCOLE/09.jpg

Also I would like for everybody that says they are around 15% body fat or less and just guessing to use this as your guide to see if you’re really where you think you are. My goal right now is to bring this down to 10% and I will maintain there until time to cut for next years show. A lot of people think they have much lower body fat percentages than the really do. I never use the systems that most gyms have that you stand on because they are just way inaccurate.

I go to a local college and have a 7 site pinch test done. This is much more accurate IMO.

Animal Strong!

Toni69
06-21-08, 12:16 pm
You have made a lot of changes mister! So what about your BF...you still look great while bulking..your hams look a lot better, most def! great work!

COLE
06-21-08, 12:20 pm
Thanks Toni

I feel if I have improved any in a years time then where will I be in another year. Only time will tell.

I will update regulary but no more pics. Got to keep things under wrap untill the big reveal. lol

bobbymart
06-21-08, 4:22 pm
looking good bro keep at it I know what you mean about the bf% testing it's har to get an accurate reading i'm bulking right now and I am up at 18% I'm cleaning up the diet and doing a bit of cardio while keeping the calorie's high wit hclean food and trying to pull that back down a bit.... we'll see what happens! keep at it!

COLE
05-06-09, 3:40 pm
Well its been a long while since I have posted on here. Just wanted to give a update on the improvements I have made since I posted the last pics. I was 15.9 % bodyfat in the previous pics and now I am down to 8.7 %.

I am currently just over 5 weeks out from my first show and looking foward to finally getting on stage!!

I would be interested in trying out the new Project C alpha testing on my last leg of the cut but since I havent posted on here much lately I dont feel that would be fair to the other members that are on here all the time. I will check in to see how others are doing on Project C once the members are selected.

Check out my progress here.

http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/IRONCOLE/more.php?section=progresspics

As always,

Animal Strong!

arsilva
05-06-09, 4:13 pm
hey bro what show are you doing?

COLE
05-06-09, 4:14 pm
hey bro what show are you doing?

Im doing the Golds Classic - Wilmington, NC.

arsilva
05-06-09, 4:18 pm
Im doing the Golds Classic - Wilmington, NC.

ohh word. i'll be in Wilmington, DE lol. June 13 right?

COLE
05-06-09, 4:20 pm
ohh word. i'll be in Wilmington, DE lol. June 13 right?

Thats right. My show is June 13 also. NC though. Cool! Good luck Bro!

COLE
06-19-09, 5:31 pm
Im proud to say I have finally did my first competition. I had a blast and enjoyed it so much. It was one of the greatest experiences of my life and can't wait to do it again next year.

Time for Redemption! I will be working hard to improve and bring a better physique to the stage next year. I cant wait its going to be a fun ride and hopefully a productive off season.

Contest Pics.

http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/IRONCOLE/more.php?section=progresspics

Animal Strong!