PDA

View Full Version : Breakfast Ideas & Suggestions?

Whiteseraph86
06-18-07, 5:23 pm
I already posted a question like this elsewhere but would like more opinions. Nyway, what I eat for breakfast is 4 whole eggs ( blended with 1% milk and garlic pepper) with salsa on top, along with 1/2 cup oatmeal on the side. Could I be doing better? What are some good breakfast ideas for a cut? (BTW, very limited budget so I cannot afford to eat like 10 egg whites for breakfast every day. I already put those 4 plus two more whole eggs in a light stir fry I make for lunch.) So tell me how it is guys.

benmatthews90
06-18-07, 5:25 pm
cottage cheese maybe, and get rid of the salsa if you're trying to cut

Whiteseraph86
06-18-07, 5:26 pm
Salsa's no good huh?

benmatthews90
06-18-07, 5:31 pm
well its just extra calories, so imo ditch it, if you're just eating it for taste, so unless it has some kind of anabolic properties i havent heard of then....

Skater51o
06-18-07, 5:47 pm
on a cut for that matter, I would probably switch it up and eat whites, not whole eggs....less fat. Correct me if im wrong guys.

BigDaddy21
06-18-07, 6:03 pm
on a cut for that matter, I would probably switch it up and eat whites, not whole eggs....less fat. Correct me if im wrong guys.

depends on how ur cut looks skater. most guys like to work their carbs down lower and lower every week. and if you read up on this forum or just been in the game long enough, you'll find the high fat / low carb cut is the #1 choice. but in this situation with eggs, id still go egg whites, even on my bulk i eat egg whites, i try and make my bulk clean as possible just slightly bigger portions for the increase of macros :)

BigDaddy21
06-18-07, 6:04 pm
oh yea sorry, reason being for high fat is for energy purposes, low carb can kill ya!!!!!!!!!! lol

Whiteseraph86
06-18-07, 6:42 pm
Well this is pretty much my diet as of now:

Breakfast
4 whole eggs
1/2 cup oatmeal

Snack
20g protein powder
1/2 cup oatmeal
2tbsp peanut butter

Lunch (I put all this in a stir-fry with some peanut cooking oil)
1 8oz. chicken breast
1/2 cup basmati rice (chose this cuz u can buy it in bulk @ Sam's club)
2 whole eggs (more protein right?)
2 cups frozen broccoli

Preworkout
20g protein powder w/ 5g creatine

Postworkout
40g protein powder w/ 5g creatine

Dinner
1 8oz. chicken breast
1 cup mixed veggies

Well, that's what I got. Please tell me what you think any advice will be appreciated.

stumblin54
06-18-07, 6:43 pm
depends on how ur cut looks skater. most guys like to work their carbs down lower and lower every week. and if you read up on this forum or just been in the game long enough, you'll find the high fat / low carb cut is the #1 choice. but in this situation with eggs, id still go egg whites, even on my bulk i eat egg whites, i try and make my bulk clean as possible just slightly bigger portions for the increase of macros :)

There is no end all diet that works for everybody.

Stumblin

Whiteseraph86
06-18-07, 6:44 pm
Yeah, but if something is REALLY wrong I would like to know about it.

Whiteseraph86
06-18-07, 6:56 pm
Oh, and BTW, I just finished dinner at 3, and now I'm starving. Help. That BK down the street sounds real good right now. (Says the Serenity Prayer)

stumblin54
06-18-07, 6:56 pm
I don't think you're eating enough, an you could end up losing a considerable amount of muscle.

Stumblin

Whiteseraph86
06-18-07, 6:57 pm
I am definitely more sore in the weight room as of late. Suggestions?

Naturally Huge
06-18-07, 7:04 pm
cottage cheese maybe, and get rid of the salsa if you're trying to cut

Salsa contains very little calories. A half cup of pace picante sauce is only 8 grams of carbs, fibrous carbs BTW. I use salsa quite a bit on my eggwhites and brown rice when cutting for taste.
As for the eggs, eat 1 yolk for every 4 whites. The yolks contain good fats, but you don't need all of them when cutting. I have 12 whites with 2-3 yolks and 1/2 cup salsa.

king1
06-18-07, 7:06 pm
swithc your pre workout shake to a meal, eat salsa if you want, eat 4 whites 1 whole egg. If your loosing around 1.5 lbs a week and not loosing strength your fine.

king1
06-18-07, 7:08 pm
my breakfast used to be 5 whole eggs, 1 cup oatmeal for bulking, and now 4 whites 1 whole and a 1/2 cup oatmeal. Switched milk to water. MAny of us do the egg oatmeal thing. You can change it to the g diesel pancake (search) and its essentially the same ingrediants but better taste

Whiteseraph86
06-18-07, 7:09 pm
Well, then what's a decent preworkout meal? A sandwich or something?

Preston
06-18-07, 7:28 pm
Woahhhhhh 4 eggs and you're on a cut? I find that amount to be too small to even retain any muscle you've gained during a previous bulk.

Some might agree, and some might not, but...

I find it better to keep my protein in at around 60g per meal, now they'll say " blah blah blah your body can only digest this much," yeah well, that's not your body, so the only way to know is to work with it, lower, or raise it. Sure protein = calories, but you need them to sustain anything you've gained.

Be smart Animal, a cut is something you gotta fuck with, and after you catch the edge, you'll be seein' results in no time.

Don't forget, Lean muscle burns calories! The more lean muscle you have, the more calories, you'll burn, therefore, keepingup your protein intake would be a glorious idea!

Hope this helps, it helped me, BUT, that's MY BODY, not yours...but shit, learn from failure, right?

-Preston[ANIMAL]

Preston
06-18-07, 7:35 pm
Well, then what's a decent preworkout meal? A sandwich or something?

No, bread is shitty, you can search all over the forum, everyone will tell you that.

Bread = shit.

I remember Toni sayin' something like " If you wanna feel, and look like bread...then eat it. "

You're on a cut, so stay focused on the protein for your pre-workout meal. Get in some chicken or tuna...I'd usually take in like a chicken breast and a 1/4 cup of rice. Usually I'd want to eat like two chicken breast[s] or a whole packet of light Tuna mixed with fat free mayo n some mustard and go to town on it. Your body feeds off of itself when you workout, it takes whatever nutrients you have in your body and feeds off of that. Make sure that you have enough calories in your body that you can burn off a certain % of them, and then KEEP some so that your body can keep running without freakin out on you.

-Preston[ANIMAL]

Naturally Huge
06-18-07, 8:28 pm
Ditto on the bread. While whole wheat bread is fine during the offseason, it should be cut out during a cutting phase.

Lowdown5
06-18-07, 9:24 pm
I can't take credit for this, it was given to me by Derek "Beast" Charlebois from BB.com. It is great for breakfast or a second meal, experiment with the ingredients at your own risk

1 cup oatmeal (dry)
1 cup milk (I use nonfat)
2 tsp natty peanut butter
2 scoops chocolate whey protein

mix all ingredients together and if you plan on eating right away, put it in the freezer for about 10 minutes, or make at night and refrigerate over night covered.

To me this tastes like no bake cookies, and is a nice change from typical breakfasts.

musclealchemist
06-18-07, 9:33 pm
wont it freeze? this my sound stupid but how do you eat it?

Lowdown5
06-18-07, 9:38 pm
wont it freeze? this my sound stupid but how do you eat it?

It will thicken up in the freezer, but won't freeze in just 10 minutes. I make mine the night before and leave it in the fridge, throw it in my ice chest the next day, get to work, get a spoon and dig in.

musclealchemist
06-18-07, 10:32 pm
sweetness, im eating this tomorrow before work, holla.

Lowdown5
06-18-07, 10:33 pm
sweetness, im eating this tomorrow before work, holla.

Enjoy Brother!

BigBlueBear
06-18-07, 10:37 pm
I'm so mixing that up when I get home!

How exactly do you mix it up, via a blender or do you just throw it in a shaker bottle?

Lowdown5
06-18-07, 10:54 pm
I'm so mixing that up when I get home!

How exactly do you mix it up, via a blender or do you just throw it in a shaker bottle?

I usually just put all the shit in a tupperware bowl, mix it with a spoon, seal her up and stick it in the fridge. The next morning it is time to chow.

Ricky P
06-18-07, 11:00 pm
Sounds like a pretty sweet recipe LD, I might go mix this up right now and take it to work tomorrow. Good looks my man.

Lowdown5
06-18-07, 11:19 pm
Sounds like a pretty sweet recipe LD, I might go mix this up right now and take it to work tomorrow. Good looks my man.

Hope you enjoy it Bro!!

Toni69
06-19-07, 4:43 am
I remember Toni sayin' something like " If you wanna feel, and look like bread...then eat it. "

Quoting me now I see! Good for you! haha! You just got another star in my little black book! hahahaha! I really dont have a black book! Its bright red..anyway...

I am italian and I love bread. For me to give it up is hard as hell. I just found it always worked against me and my thighs, whenever I ate it. I will def say that my thighs are firmer and harder without the bread and pasta! Maybe I am just a bit out there when it comes to eating certain things, I just know what works for me and I think others can say the same as far as breads, sweets and sugary juices and softdrinks are concerned and the effects they may have on the body and your fitness goals.

Now, if I eat burgers, thin cuts of steak, or chicken breast..even my famous black bean burgers, I wrap them in romaine lettuce leaves...its still very filling and I do not feel guilty at all about what is stuffed inside that lettuce!

Ricky P
06-19-07, 4:10 pm
Took it to work this morning, got some comments from the fellas.... After I opened it, they couldn't take their noses off it. The smell was awesome. It tasted like chocolate oatmeal - it was excellent. Good stuff LD.

"Oh man that looks like shit.... Wait let me smell that.... Holy shit that smells so good!"

Lowdown5
06-19-07, 4:12 pm
Took it to work this morning, got some comments from the fellas.... After I opened it, they couldn't take their noses off it. The smell was awesome. It tasted like chocolate oatmeal - it was excellent. Good stuff LD.

"Oh man that looks like shit.... Wait let me smell that.... Holy shit that smells so good!"

One of my friends at work says everytime I take it "eating the barf again?" followed by "Did you bring any extra?"

FistofSteel
06-19-07, 4:48 pm
you don't heat it up at all huh? Just eat it cold with the the raw oatmeal? Going to have to try this tomorrow....!

Grond Al-Ghoul
06-19-07, 4:54 pm
try blending 2 bananas with 50 grams of whey and milk and freeze for a good dessert.

Lowdown5
06-19-07, 7:12 pm
you don't heat it up at all huh? Just eat it cold with the the raw oatmeal? Going to have to try this tomorrow....!

Yep, raw and cold, it is fuckin good Bro.

try blending 2 bananas with 50 grams of whey and milk and freeze for a good dessert.

That is going in the freezer right now, thanks Bro.

MRG
06-22-07, 10:58 am
Why wouldn't you eat whole wheat bread? I'm sure the effects are different for different people. Whole wheat bread was a pretty good source of slow burning carbs for me.

Steer clear of "Enriched" bread, and ANYTHING with high fructose corn syrup.

Whole Grain = Thumbs up for me.

JHOORNSTRA
06-22-07, 11:32 am
Ezekiel 4:9 bread baby. Pure oats and grains packed together. No flour or corn syrup. And they make wraps too. Love em www.foodforlife.com

Maxhole
06-28-07, 1:20 pm
Does anyone has some killer breakfast ideas? I'm bulking right now, so carbs and calories aren't really a problem.

king1
07-02-07, 11:42 pm
THis is pretty high fat, but if your bulking its fine every once in a while
1 onion
1 potato
4 eggs
1 cup grated cheese
garlic*
red/green peppers*

1.dice up the onion and fry in olive oil
2. grate the potato like cheese, rinse, and add to onions once they are carmelized. Let fry for 5 mins, flip (dont mix) and continue till both sides are browned
3. Add egg, mix up and cook until eggs done
4. Spread grated cheese over the top, put under the broiler for 1 min or until cheese is melted.
5. Serve with whole wheat toast (i recommed ketchup and hotsauce added to every bite)

This is one of my favorite dishes of all time hands down. You can add the garlic, peppers, maybe sausage or whatever you like. This isnt clean food to say the least, but it tastes bomb!

gsb239
07-02-07, 11:51 pm
I was getting sick of eggs this past week so I had to bust out the old sandwich maker.

I started with 4 slices of sprouted grain bread, sprayed them with 0 calorie cooking spray on both sides and set them aside.

Make an omlette out of 2 whole eggs and 4 whites (anything more and the sandwich maker wont close lol). I added black pepper, cayenne pepper, onions, green pepper and spinach to the omlette. You can add whatever you like.

Preheat the sandwich maker. Cut the omlette in halves and put one half in each sandwich. I put a slice of cheese in each sandwich along with mint leaf chutney (I'm east Indian) in the sandwiches. You can go wild with sandwiches, add whatever you feel like.

never_2_big
07-02-07, 11:51 pm
get on the pancakes dude, they are awesome, and there are a ton of recipes here on the forum... try a couple out and go from there u might even get to the stage of creating your own style of pancake.

Lowdown5
07-02-07, 11:54 pm
Posted it somewhere else here, but this is good. A creation of Derek "Beast" Charlebois, fuckin great anytime

1 cup milk (skim, lowfat, whole you choose)

1 cup oatmeal dry

2 teaspoons natty peanut butter

2 scoops chocolate whey

Put it all in a bowl and mix that shit up good. If you are making it for a meal right now, put it in the freezer for 10-15 minutes, or if you are making it for tomorrow, put it covered in the fridge over night. Tastes like no bake chocolate oatmeal cookies. Great stuff.

Lowdown5
07-02-07, 11:55 pm
G Diesel pancakes are the bomb, recipe in the diet section.

GK37
11-10-07, 6:59 pm
the night before i mix 4-6 whole eggs, 1 scoop Universal Egg Pro,and a quick pour of milk
stick it in the fridge overnight then just pour it in the pan and scramble it or in a bowl and microwave it

then i whip up some House oatmeal cookies
in a generally flat bottomed bowl mix in 1/2 cup oats, 1/4 cup water, and 2-5 tablespoons of Splenda microwave for 4 minutes
throw some raisins on top when it's done for some more goodness!

BB
04-04-08, 2:10 am
I know how key it is to have a big breakfast to start the day of right...
im sure everyone has heard it from your mothers. I am currently bulking, but i have trouble eating first thing in the morning it has a way of coming back up on me. anyone have any ideas or foods that will be easier to keep down.

Dozer86
04-04-08, 2:19 am
im sure everyone has heard it from your mothers. I am currently bulking, but i have trouble eating first thing in the morning it has a way of coming back up on me. anyone have any ideas or foods that will be easier to keep down.

well bro upon waking you could do what I do, down a real gains shake and bam you start off with 700 calories (if you mix with milk) wait about an hour or 2 and then prepare food when u get your real appetite... Im not that hungry in the mornings either but at least when you wake up u will be getting 52G of protein and some good solid calories.... this is an idea and I do it.... Its a way to jump to metabolism and feel your body with some nutrients...

BB
04-04-08, 2:27 am
thats what i was thinking of doing...but it seems like i should start the day of with something a little more solid. the problem is that i have classes so i dont have the chance to cool a meal a couple hours later.

ironman_KIMO
04-04-08, 2:46 am
I do 1 cup oats, 1 scoop whey with 1 cup water. After blinding it I add 1 cup egg beaters.

sanga
04-04-08, 3:47 am
mine is 6 eggs, oats, shake and an apple.

If you can`t eat (and I`d advise you to force yourself) then a high calorie shake will suffice.

wodka
04-04-08, 6:22 am
I start with 1 shake whey protien and 10cc of L-carnitene, wait 30min and then pancakes MMMMMMMMMMMM
(sometimez I put oatmeal with 3eggs, flower and milk in a blender, blend and you have dilicious oatmeal cakes...).

mjsef88
04-04-08, 7:32 am
well bro upon waking you could do what I do, down a real gains shake and bam you start off with 700 calories (if you mix with milk) wait about an hour or 2 and then prepare food when u get your real appetite... Im not that hungry in the mornings either but at least when you wake up u will be getting 52G of protein and some good solid calories.... this is an idea and I do it.... Its a way to jump to metabolism and feel your body with some nutrients...

Same here. I can't take in anything solid for the first hour or so after I wake up. So After about 15 minutes of being awake I pound a shake. Then take in my meal before class/at work.

Try this bitch out for a jolt....

1 Cup water
1 Cup Coffee (cooled off...downright cold or lukewarm)
2 scoops (40g) chocolate protien

I dont mess around with throwing peanutbutter or oats in that shake.

humanforklift
04-04-08, 8:10 am
I wake up at 5:30 to get to work by about 7....I down an egg white and whey isolate shake, totaling about 40 grams of protein and cook my steel cut oats while I shower and get dressed. I down those oats before I run out the door. Oh, and course bring a big cup of coffee for the car. Then have meal #2 at work around 8....which is made the night before. Find something that will go down easy and that you have time for. You can always cook oats in bulk and toss them in the fridge to heat up in the mornings....good luck.

Northman
04-04-08, 12:18 pm
Try having a glass of water before you go to the bathroom and see if you are hungry after that.

herdz
04-04-08, 12:35 pm
wake up and have a cup of OJ man, it'll make ya hungry

waslate
04-04-08, 12:54 pm
Try this bitch out for a jolt....

1 Cup water
1 Cup Coffee (cooled off...downright cold or lukewarm)
2 scoops (40g) chocolate protien

That sounds AMAZING...This coffee junky will try it out tomorrow morning

Enforcer
04-04-08, 12:58 pm

The G Diesel Mass Shake

Malloy1344
04-04-08, 1:12 pm
I do a gainer shake + milk/banana/oats. Comes out to about 1000 calories. I hate eating breakfast, and I am lazy in the mornings. It's been working fine for me.

Mr. Dead
04-04-08, 1:13 pm
The G Diesel Mass Shake

That would definitely do it!

mjsef88
04-04-08, 1:29 pm
That sounds AMAZING...This coffee junky will try it out tomorrow morning

it is. Tastes kind of like some $10 drink from starbucks.

Torque757
04-04-08, 1:34 pm
thats what i was thinking of doing...but it seems like i should start the day of with something a little more solid. the problem is that i have classes so i dont have the chance to cool a meal a couple hours later.

I have a protein shake in milk, 2 scoops protein, along with some whole grain cereal thats high in fiber. Its good carbs and protein, togeth for a pretty solid(your body digest milk like a solid.) meal, but still easy to get down... Im like you in that I cant eat good first thing inthe morning.

prowrestler
04-04-08, 4:12 pm
i dont do solid fod in the morning anymore for sometime. 1st meal is always liquid.

1 cup dry oats, 1 cup milk, 3 spoons peanut butter, 1 scoop whey, 1 banana and a squirt of choclate sauce. add a little water to make it less thick and let it stand for 10-20 minutes before blending so the oatmeal softens up and becomes easier to swallow.

blend and drink.

1000 calories, 47 grams of complete protien ( oats plus peanut butter_12 grams extra home made complete protien) 100ish grams of carbs and 30ish grams of healthy fats.

bigrhino
04-04-08, 6:04 pm
With my morning cardio, I am having a hard time even having an appetite when I come back from the gym. I just sit there and look at my food, but I still find ways to finish it. I put lots of splenda in my oats. Sometimes I do rice mixed with eggs (That's an easy one to finish). Sometimes I'll do a liquid breakfast with liquid egg white, whey, oats, fruit.
If you still have trouble, try distracting yourself. Read the paper, computer, put some music or TV on. Before you know it, the food will be gone. Or try psyching yourself up.

kaylee
05-15-10, 5:16 am
hi all,
Would you like to join me and talk something about our break fast ? Glad to your join and just feel free to let your fingers dance on the keyboard and exchange your opinion of the breakfast
Breakfast is the first meal of the day and nutritional experts have referred to breakfast as the most important meals of the day. But there exists a large numbers of people in the west who skip their breakfast , to adverse effect on their concentration ,metabolism and weight. What is your idea about this phenomenon? And how do u treat your breakfast?

Thank you for sharing your views.

kaylee

John_Mora
05-16-10, 8:41 pm
here my breakfast, is essential:

- 10 white eggs + 2 yellow
- 35g off cheese in my eggs
- 1 yogurt
- 1 1/2 scoop protein

Protein: 92g
Carbs: 22g

charlievanriper
05-16-10, 8:53 pm
depends on the time of the year mostly I just eat!!!!!!!!1

TheBaroness
05-17-10, 1:08 am
I can't go without and eat first thing before I do anything else in the morning. However, I tend struggle with the protien portion of it. I have a 1/2 cup oatmeal with cinnamon and 1tsp peanut butter(all natural), and 4 egg whites. Then again a couple of hours later, minus the peanut butter. I get tired of the eggs and I'm always looking for alternatives.

alexrock23
05-17-10, 2:34 am
I have a protein shake made with frozen fruit. Sometimes I have soft egg whites with a little lite cream cheese mixed in.Also I have found if I drink tea or coffee first then my breakfast goes down easier.