PDA

View Full Version : Ox's Stable

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

Ox
02-21-09, 7:08 pm
I know this question was probably asked a million times...but

I thought I had a definite answer about egg yolks. I came to the conclusion that the yolk contains dietary cholesterol and therefore I can eat as many as I want as long as they fit in my macros without it having a negative effect on my cholesterol.

Well yesterday I was in a live Q&A chat room with AJ Sims(he said he met you before). I asked him about eggs to see his opinion and told him I eat anywhere from 8-12 whole eggs a day. His reaction was pretty bad and he kind of flipped out saying that of course it will be bad for my cholesterol and that there is no need for that many eggs. He said 1-2 a day max. Please tell me he is wrong, as I'm in college and if I don't eat eggs for my protein at the dining halls then it will be cheap quality lunch meats, chicken parm, or unhealthy burgers.

He's wrong. If you like the eggs, eat em. Especially considering your other options.

BigFeitz
02-21-09, 7:43 pm
so how did you go about utilizing the shakes than. because i have done 2 shakes while eating 4 meals, but in doing so i packed on 10lbs. so how do you go about using it for dieting purposes?

In Flames
02-21-09, 11:22 pm
Ox, how long do you do the same routine/exercises? 4-6 weeks? I usually change exercises every 8 weeks, is this too long? I don't want to switch them too fast otherwise how do I know if im making progress on those lifts if I keep changing them too fast, ya know?

Ox
02-21-09, 11:33 pm
so how did you go about utilizing the shakes than. because i have done 2 shakes while eating 4 meals, but in doing so i packed on 10lbs. so how do you go about using it for dieting purposes?

Simple...I just remove the carbs!

Ox
02-21-09, 11:34 pm
Ox, how long do you do the same routine/exercises? 4-6 weeks? I usually change exercises every 8 weeks, is this too long? I don't want to switch them too fast otherwise how do I know if im making progress on those lifts if I keep changing them too fast, ya know?

I don't really ever do the same routine...at least SOMETHING changes each workout.

sly06
02-22-09, 2:08 am
Ox,
You and the rest of the Animal crew are a true inspiration to look at and a big goal in life for me. I try to keep up with what all of you are doing on your diets and routines. This is not a post to ask questions, but to thank you for your dedication and to get my ass in the gym. There are several days to where being in the military I am tired and I don't want to work, but then I look at all of the Pro's and say they would never let a day go by. So I thank you!! Best of luck on your competition. I know you will kill it!!

BigFeitz
02-22-09, 2:40 am
and you replace the carbs with healthy fats correct?

do you believe in cyclingrbs, or in just lowering them as you get closer to a show?

BigFeitz
02-22-09, 4:17 am
i only ask all these questions, because i getting ready for a show in june. and i thought i had my diet and training all set up for it. but after watching yours and a few other videos on MD tv. im starting to question another way of dieting. my original way consisted of 9 meals. and cycling carbs. it seems that you and others are going another way and are recieving good results. plus it seems cheaper. haha.

Ox
02-22-09, 3:12 pm
Ox,
You and the rest of the Animal crew are a true inspiration to look at and a big goal in life for me. I try to keep up with what all of you are doing on your diets and routines. This is not a post to ask questions, but to thank you for your dedication and to get my ass in the gym. There are several days to where being in the military I am tired and I don't want to work, but then I look at all of the Pro's and say they would never let a day go by. So I thank you!! Best of luck on your competition. I know you will kill it!!

Thanks man. I appreciate that. Also, we ALL appreciate the men and women who serve our country! Thank you!

Ox
02-22-09, 3:14 pm
and you replace the carbs with healthy fats correct?

do you believe in cyclingrbs, or in just lowering them as you get closer to a show?

I don't replace the carbs with fats. I ALWAYS have fats in my diet. Carbs just get eliminated. I think carb cycling IS effective but not if you're going to do the protein/fat thing. You either do protein and carbs or protein and fats...something has to be eliminated and it's either the fats or the carbs.

OoFaP
02-25-09, 8:47 am
I just saw your leg workout on MD with PJ Braun. Is there a reason to why he has his hands so far apart when he squats or is it just personal preference? Whenever I squat my shoulders hurt from my grip either being to wide or too narrow. I can't find a good spot. You look huge by the way. The camera guy seemed a little surprised when you took 3 packs of nitro.

Ox
02-25-09, 9:39 am
I just saw your leg workout on MD with PJ Braun. Is there a reason to why he has his hands so far apart when he squats or is it just personal preference? Whenever I squat my shoulders hurt from my grip either being to wide or too narrow. I can't find a good spot. You look huge by the way. The camera guy seemed a little surprised when you took 3 packs of nitro.

Probably because it's more comfortable. As you get bigger across your top it becomes increasingky harder to get under the bar with a more narrow grip. It takes me 10-15 minuts of stretching out my upper body to be able to use the grip I use when I squat. I like it more narrow becuase I feel more stable. But many guys go wider because it's much more confortable. Spend some time stretching out and that should help. People are always surprised when you take all those pills. Whatever, it's just fuckin aminos. If I were taking that many amphetamines then that would be shocking.

Extreme
02-25-09, 11:44 am
What's up Ox, how's the prep going for the NY Pro debut?

A lot of helpful information has been flowing from these pages, and I want to say it's greatly appreciated. I've read through the thread a few times now and I always seem to pick up on something new every time. I do have a quick question for ya, if ya don't mind me asking. We all have some kind of shit going on in our live's, some of it being a little more stressful than others, and we all have to deal with it. I was wanting to know if there's anything you do, outside of the gym, that helps relieve some of your stress? I know stress keeps us in a catabolic state and I'm not diggin it one bit, but if ya got any tips you could throw out there that would really help me out. Thanks for taking the time to read this bro and best of luck with the contest prep!

Ashouk
02-25-09, 1:06 pm
Hello Ox:

Do you believe that it will cause a halt to growth if you don't change your training split for long periods of time? I've been on the same split for a year and a half now HOWEVER I never do the same exact workout for a particular bodypart from week to week. I ALWAYS have to change something be it order of exercises, inclusion of drop and super sets or the exercises themselves. Is that fine or is a regular change of your training split crucial? Thank you.

Ox
02-26-09, 9:38 am
What's up Ox, how's the prep going for the NY Pro debut?

A lot of helpful information has been flowing from these pages, and I want to say it's greatly appreciated. I've read through the thread a few times now and I always seem to pick up on something new every time. I do have a quick question for ya, if ya don't mind me asking. We all have some kind of shit going on in our live's, some of it being a little more stressful than others, and we all have to deal with it. I was wanting to know if there's anything you do, outside of the gym, that helps relieve some of your stress? I know stress keeps us in a catabolic state and I'm not diggin it one bit, but if ya got any tips you could throw out there that would really help me out. Thanks for taking the time to read this bro and best of luck with the contest prep!

The gym is my main outlet. My training gives me something to focus on and take my mind off things if need be. Outside of the gym, I think being around your family is worth a lot. Being able to stay grounded and "just be". I'm very fortunate to have a great family, girlfriend, and friends. That helps a lot. I don't go out or anything like that. Sometimes I feel like trying to do things "to blow off steam" only makes things worse. I feel that if you can surround yourself with good people and just clear your mind, you'll be best off.

Ox
02-26-09, 9:39 am
Hello Ox:

Do you believe that it will cause a halt to growth if you don't change your training split for long periods of time? I've been on the same split for a year and a half now HOWEVER I never do the same exact workout for a particular bodypart from week to week. I ALWAYS have to change something be it order of exercises, inclusion of drop and super sets or the exercises themselves. Is that fine or is a regular change of your training split crucial? Thank you.

It's okay if your split stays the same so long as your routines change. You're good bro.

Extreme
02-26-09, 4:00 pm
The gym is my main outlet. My training gives me something to focus on and take my mind off things if need be. Outside of the gym, I think being around your family is worth a lot. Being able to stay grounded and "just be". I'm very fortunate to have a great family, girlfriend, and friends. That helps a lot. I don't go out or anything like that. Sometimes I feel like trying to do things "to blow off steam" only makes things worse. I feel that if you can surround yourself with good people and just clear your mind, you'll be best off.

Those words speak loud and clear bro, thanks. I totally agree that surrounding yourself with family can really help out, I'm just not fortunate enough to have any family around, but the group of good people is there, and we're always showing support for one another. Good luck at the NY Pro, you know you'll have a giant legion of Animals in your corner, cheering you on and supporting you all the way!!

Reacher34
02-26-09, 4:16 pm
Ox, that leg video was extremely impressive. Just another day at the office, huh? I'm genuinely looking forward to seeing you at the Arnold next week.

I sent you a PM regarding diet. I'd appreciate if you could take a look. Thanks.

BigFeitz
02-26-09, 6:42 pm
hey sry to bother you again. but i am really having trouble with this dieting. im trying a high carb/lowcarb one but i think im going about it all wrong. i also tried half shakes half food. but im starving doing that. im 230lbs and have 16 weeks till show time. can you help please?

rocky36
02-26-09, 7:54 pm
Hey big man hows things going, i dont really have a question, but after watching your train shoulders over on md, i borrowed your modifeid upright row thing with the dbs and i love it.

I really admire your down to earth outlook on life and your humble-ness, keep up the good work bro

jaykay22
02-26-09, 8:30 pm
hey ox, ik this is kind of a dumb question that you might have gotten asked before, but im still trying to figure out some diet information. From what you know about nutrition what's the difference between carbs in white rice and those in brown rice? I thought it was that they rank differently on the Glycemic Index(brown slower, while white faster) & after I checked both of them are like a 55 which sounds good. However, most of the ppl i've asked and a bunch of articles i've read say white rice is horrible and it does nothing but raise glucose levels, therefore it's not a good carb choice to eat throughout the day.

Sorry for the dumb question, I'm just not sure. Thank you in advance.

BamBam
02-27-09, 12:17 am
Hey bro, just watched your leg training video on MD's website....SICK shit bro! Keep it up!

Ox
02-27-09, 9:03 am
Those words speak loud and clear bro, thanks. I totally agree that surrounding yourself with family can really help out, I'm just not fortunate enough to have any family around, but the group of good people is there, and we're always showing support for one another. Good luck at the NY Pro, you know you'll have a giant legion of Animals in your corner, cheering you on and supporting you all the way!!

Thanks man.

Ox
02-27-09, 9:04 am
Ox, that leg video was extremely impressive. Just another day at the office, huh? I'm genuinely looking forward to seeing you at the Arnold next week.

I sent you a PM regarding diet. I'd appreciate if you could take a look. Thanks.

Post it in this thread.

Ox
02-27-09, 9:07 am
hey sry to bother you again. but i am really having trouble with this dieting. im trying a high carb/lowcarb one but i think im going about it all wrong. i also tried half shakes half food. but im starving doing that. im 230lbs and have 16 weeks till show time. can you help please?

Carb cycling can be pretty difficult. You're body is on a constant roller coaster ride...up and down in glycogen levels, mood swings, hunger etc. For those reasons, I don't have a ton of experience with carb cycling, so I'm probably not the guy to ask. As for the shakes/food thing, you can change it up for whole food if you want.

Ox
02-27-09, 9:08 am
Hey big man hows things going, i dont really have a question, but after watching your train shoulders over on md, i borrowed your modifeid upright row thing with the dbs and i love it.

I really admire your down to earth outlook on life and your humble-ness, keep up the good work bro

Hahahaha...that's funny...a lot of people say they like that movement. Peace.

Ox
02-27-09, 9:09 am
hey ox, ik this is kind of a dumb question that you might have gotten asked before, but im still trying to figure out some diet information. From what you know about nutrition what's the difference between carbs in white rice and those in brown rice? I thought it was that they rank differently on the Glycemic Index(brown slower, while white faster) & after I checked both of them are like a 55 which sounds good. However, most of the ppl i've asked and a bunch of articles i've read say white rice is horrible and it does nothing but raise glucose levels, therefore it's not a good carb choice to eat throughout the day.

Sorry for the dumb question, I'm just not sure. Thank you in advance.

If you're talking about the two in an offseaosn context, there is no difference...just eat the one you like. Brown rice will digest a little slower than white.

Ox
02-27-09, 9:10 am
Hey bro, just watched your leg training video on MD's website....SICK shit bro! Keep it up!

Thanks man.

TheDarkHalf
02-27-09, 9:59 am
Hahahaha...that's funny...a lot of people say they like that movement. Peace.

Same here. I saw you training with Guy on MD, and I really like the way that modified upright row works.

BigFeitz
02-27-09, 1:35 pm
Meal 1
4 egg whites
2 whole eggs
1/2 cup oatmeal
2 tbsp peanut butter
3.5oz Orange

Meal 2
2 scoops whey protein
2 cups green beans
18 almonds

Meal 3
6 oz grilled chicken breast
1.5 cup steamed Broccoli
2 tbsp peanut butter

Pre workout
1 scoop WPI
1 scoop waximaize

Post workout
2 scoops WPI
2 scoops waximaize

Meal 4
6 oz grilled turkey breast
1.5 cup green beans
2 tbsp peanut butter

Meal 5
24 almonds
1.5 cup steamed Broccoli

Meal 6
2 scoops whey protein
1 cups green beans
2 tbsp peanut butter
3.5 oz Orange

Pro: 400g
Carbs: 235g
Fats: 115g
Calories: 3600

OoFaP
02-27-09, 2:46 pm
In your leg training video when you do the hack squat machine, is that hitting mostly hamstrings or quads? Is it a substitute for leg press or are they completely different?

Reacher34
02-27-09, 3:29 pm
Can I have your thoughts on my cutting diet? I'm 230 and can't train upper body due to breaking my arm. I'm taking this opportunity to cut up and see just how much I can transform. I now hit legs twice a week and hit calves, forearms, abs, and 30 min cardio the other 5 days.

Meal 1:
Shake - 20g protein from liquid egg whites, 2 scoops whey powder, 2 tbsp natural peanut butter

Meal 2:
6 whole egglands best eggs
2 slices whole wheat toast
1 tbsp low sugar jelly

Meal 3:
8oz chicken
1 sweet potato

Meal 4:
2 scoops protein
5 grams bcaa
5 grams glutamine

Meal 5:
8 oz chicken
6 oz broccoli

Meal 6:
Shake - 20g protein from liquid egg whites, 2 scoops whey powder, 2 tbsp natural peanut butter

***sometimes I'll chase a chicken meal or egg meal with two scoops whey and xtra bcaas***

Total Macros: (sometimes fluctuate depending on portion sizes)
Protein = 380-450 grams (depending on ounces of meat and extra shakes)
Carbs = 100-150 grams (no carbs after 6pm)
Fats = 70-85 grams

I'm aware protein is high, but I'm terrified of catabolism. I've been following this plan flawlessly for 8 days. I'm seeing very subtle changes already, I think because it's so different from my previous bulking protocol.

Anyone's opinion is appreciated. I've never really cut before.

OoFaP
02-27-09, 6:29 pm
Can I have your thoughts on my cutting diet? I'm 230 and can't train upper body due to breaking my arm. I'm taking this opportunity to cut up and see just how much I can transform. I now hit legs twice a week and hit calves, forearms, abs, and 30 min cardio the other 5 days.

Meal 1:

Meal 2:
1 tbsp low sugar jelly

Meal 3:
8oz chicken
1 sweet potato

Meal 4:
2 scoops protein
5 grams bcaa
5 grams glutamine

Meal 5:
8 oz chicken
6 oz broccoli

Meal 6:

***sometimes I'll chase a chicken meal or egg meal with two scoops whey and xtra bcaas***

Fats = 70-85 grams

I'm aware protein is high, but I'm terrified of catabolism. I've been following this plan flawlessly for 8 days. I'm seeing very subtle changes already, I think because it's so different from my previous bulking protocol.

Your protein is way too high and your carbs and fats are too low in my opinion. You should be getting carbs in your first meal of the day and you don't need as much protein as you have. Get rid of some whey. You don't have any fat in some of your meals. I would add in an ounce or a little less of almonds. To sum up, I'd balance it more. Lower protein, up the carbs, up the fats, and balance each meal with all three. The only meal you don't need carbs is right before bed.

Evan if a fan of keto. If you want to do that then there is plenty of information on how to do that in this thread.

Reacher34
02-27-09, 7:03 pm
Your protein is way too high and your carbs and fats are too low in my opinion. You should be getting carbs in your first meal of the day and you don't need as much protein as you have. Get rid of some whey. You don't have any fat in some of your meals. I would add in an ounce or a little less of almonds. To sum up, I'd balance it more. Lower protein, up the carbs, up the fats, and balance each meal with all three. The only meal you don't need carbs is right before bed.

Evan if a fan of keto. If you want to do that then there is plenty of information on how to do that in this thread.

Thanks for the input. I'm not interested in the keto diet, at least not right now.
I had a feeling my protein was a bit high, I'll adjust it and slowly bring it down. As far as fat, the only meal its missing from is #4. There is fat in the natty PB, in eggs, on the chicken (sometimes I swap a piece of steak in also). Adding almonds is a good suggestion tho.

Another issue is that when I first wake up, I have a hard time getting down whole food, thats why I make that shake first. Then follow it with the eggs and wheat bread. So as far as getting carbs in the first meal, I'll see what I can do... some days are better than others.

Thanks again.

OoFaP
02-27-09, 7:52 pm
Thanks for the input. I'm not interested in the keto diet, at least not right now.
I had a feeling my protein was a bit high, I'll adjust it and slowly bring it down. As far as fat, the only meal its missing from is #4. There is fat in the natty PB, in eggs, on the chicken (sometimes I swap a piece of steak in also). Adding almonds is a good suggestion tho.

Another issue is that when I first wake up, I have a hard time getting down whole food, thats why I make that shake first. Then follow it with the eggs and wheat bread. So as far as getting carbs in the first meal, I'll see what I can do... some days are better than others.

Thanks again.

There is no fat in 3, 4, or 5. If you can't eat in the morning try grinding up oats in your shake.

Reacher34
02-27-09, 8:16 pm
There is no fat in 3, 4, or 5. If you can't eat in the morning try grinding up oats in your shake.

There is fat on the chicken (and on the steak when I use it). Also, there is some fat in a sweet potato.

I also plan to start cooking the Chicken in olive oil instead of just PAM. And of course, I could add almonds.

Regarding the oats... good idea, I've done that before, the magic bullet is wonderful. However, if I'm doing cardio early in the morning, my thoughts are to keep the carbs MINIMAL until after the cardio so that I don't "waste" as much time burning through them to get to the bodyfat.

OoFaP
02-27-09, 8:32 pm
There is fat on the chicken (and on the steak when I use it). Also, there is some fat in a sweet potato.

I also plan to start cooking the Chicken in olive oil instead of just PAM. And of course, I could add almonds.

Regarding the oats... good idea, I've done that before, the magic bullet is wonderful. However, if I'm doing cardio early in the morning, my thoughts are to keep the carbs MINIMAL until after the cardio so that I don't "waste" as much time burning through them to get to the bodyfat.

I'm sure the fat on the chicken is minimal. The little bit of fat is probably saturated so you should still be getting some monounsaturated and polyunsaturated. I'd shoot for at least 15 grams of fat each meal. The olive oil is a good idea. It's just tough to know how much of it you actually are eating.

As for the oats and morning cardio, I'm not sure. If you are doing fasted cardio all you need are some aminos before and during and then you can eat right after.

Reacher34
02-27-09, 9:08 pm
I'm sure the fat on the chicken is minimal. The little bit of fat is probably saturated so you should still be getting some monounsaturated and polyunsaturated. I'd shoot for at least 15 grams of fat each meal. The olive oil is a good idea. It's just tough to know how much of it you actually are eating.

As for the oats and morning cardio, I'm not sure. If you are doing fasted cardio all you need are some aminos before and during and then you can eat right after.

That all makes sense. I think what I'm getting at is that there has been a day here and there when I can't get to the gym right out of the bed due to other commitments. In that case, I want to get the protein in, and still keep those carbs MINIMAL until after the cardio (which may come after I've already been awake for an hour or two). I'm not sure about all these specifics though.

It's been great to bounce ideas off you so far. Thanks again for the help.

MrMuscles22
02-27-09, 9:20 pm
Ox,

I am planning on doing my first bodybuilding show on september 12 and I have a few questions regarding prep time and cardio. I currently weigh about 300lbs and between 20-25% BF. I plan on doing a long prep to ensure I have enough time to do it right without losing any/minimal muscle mass. I plan on starting my diet on Mrach 9 which according to my calculations is 27 weeks. What weight do you think would be a good contest weight for me and is 27 weeks enough time to prep? Also, how should i go about doing cardio? I know you are a fan of low intensity cardio, but I am unsure about how long I should go and how often I should increase duration/frequency. I am planning on doing a keto style diet with the advice I have got from you before. Any advice you can give would be awesome! My stats are in my signature if you wanna look at them. I am looking forward to meeting you at the Arnold next week! Hope all is going well for you and your diet and training are going good too! I will be there watching you and my boy Big C curl it out! Better watch out for him, he's been training hard for this and looking like a monster, lol.

TTYL bro!

OoFaP
02-27-09, 10:16 pm
That all makes sense. I think what I'm getting at is that there has been a day here and there when I can't get to the gym right out of the bed due to other commitments. In that case, I want to get the protein in, and still keep those carbs MINIMAL until after the cardio (which may come after I've already been awake for an hour or two). I'm not sure about all these specifics though.

It's been great to bounce ideas off you so far. Thanks again for the help.

No problem. If you aren't doing cardio for 2 hours I think maybe you should get carbs in before. I'm not positive though so Ox can clear it up when he's on.

Alucard
02-28-09, 12:55 am
.... hi evan! how you doin?
damn man..309 on the scale?
liked the video on md..anyway want to ask you...
i`ve now been using pump,nitro,m-stak and pak(don`t even need to mension the pak)..

but what would you rather do...drink pump and m-stak before workout?
or pump then after workout the m-stak with torrent? because m-stak has
some bcaa`s and it helps you stay anabolic. please help me with this one....i`d like my timing to be perfect.
ps: i drink my nitro after my first or second exercise.

jaykay22
02-28-09, 12:38 pm
thanks ox, appreciate your help.

PS: That Leg workout on MD was the shit. Ur wheels looked huge!

Ox
02-28-09, 5:41 pm
Meal 1
4 egg whites
2 whole eggs
1/2 cup oatmeal
2 tbsp peanut butter
3.5oz Orange

Meal 2
2 scoops whey protein
2 cups green beans
18 almonds

Meal 3
1.5 cup steamed Broccoli
2 tbsp peanut butter

Pre workout
1 scoop WPI
1 scoop waximaize

Post workout
2 scoops WPI
2 scoops waximaize

Meal 4
6 oz grilled turkey breast
1.5 cup green beans
2 tbsp peanut butter

Meal 5
24 almonds
1.5 cup steamed Broccoli

Meal 6
2 scoops whey protein
1 cups green beans
2 tbsp peanut butter
3.5 oz Orange

Pro: 400g
Carbs: 235g
Fats: 115g
Calories: 3600

What is your goal? How big are you?

Ox
02-28-09, 5:42 pm
In your leg training video when you do the hack squat machine, is that hitting mostly hamstrings or quads? Is it a substitute for leg press or are they completely different?

Quads. It's considerably different from a leg press.

Ox
02-28-09, 5:47 pm

Meal 1:

Meal 2:
1 tbsp low sugar jelly

Meal 3:
8oz chicken
1 sweet potato

Meal 4:
2 scoops protein
5 grams bcaa
5 grams glutamine

Meal 5:
8 oz chicken
6 oz broccoli

Meal 6:

Fats = 70-85 grams

Personally, I'd wait until you can train the way you need to. If you still decide to go through with it:

I'd just have 6 whole eggs for meal one
Toast and jelly?! Get rid of that
Your macros need to be more consistent...380-450 of protein is a large difference. Same goes for the other macros...you need to keep em consistent.
Other than that, it looks okay.

Ox
02-28-09, 5:52 pm
Ox,

I am planning on doing my first bodybuilding show on september 12 and I have a few questions regarding prep time and cardio. I currently weigh about 300lbs and between 20-25% BF. I plan on doing a long prep to ensure I have enough time to do it right without losing any/minimal muscle mass. I plan on starting my diet on Mrach 9 which according to my calculations is 27 weeks. What weight do you think would be a good contest weight for me and is 27 weeks enough time to prep? Also, how should i go about doing cardio? I know you are a fan of low intensity cardio, but I am unsure about how long I should go and how often I should increase duration/frequency. I am planning on doing a keto style diet with the advice I have got from you before. Any advice you can give would be awesome! My stats are in my signature if you wanna look at them. I am looking forward to meeting you at the Arnold next week! Hope all is going well for you and your diet and training are going good too! I will be there watching you and my boy Big C curl it out! Better watch out for him, he's been training hard for this and looking like a monster, lol.

TTYL bro!

27 weeks should be enough time. It's impossible to know what weight you should comopete at until you get closer.for cardio, start with 30 min a day and up it from there whenever you need to. There's really no set formula, you kinda just have to get started and make adjustments as they become necessary. See you @ the Arnold!

Ox
02-28-09, 5:54 pm
No problem. If you aren't doing cardio for 2 hours I think maybe you should get carbs in before. I'm not positive though so Ox can clear it up when he's on.

Hold off on the carbs until after you do your cardio...this is assuming you're doing low intensity cardio.

Ox
02-28-09, 5:55 pm
.... hi evan! how you doin?
damn man..309 on the scale?
liked the video on md..anyway want to ask you...
i`ve now been using pump,nitro,m-stak and pak(don`t even need to mension the pak)..

but what would you rather do...drink pump and m-stak before workout?
or pump then after workout the m-stak with torrent? because m-stak has
some bcaa`s and it helps you stay anabolic. please help me with this one....i`d like my timing to be perfect.
ps: i drink my nitro after my first or second exercise.

I'd take pump and then m-stak with Torrent.

MrMuscles22
02-28-09, 7:29 pm
27 weeks should be enough time. It's impossible to know what weight you should comopete at until you get closer.for cardio, start with 30 min a day and up it from there whenever you need to. There's really no set formula, you kinda just have to get started and make adjustments as they become necessary. See you @ the Arnold!

Thanks for all of your help! I really appreciate you taking the time to answer my questions! Bodybuilding needs more people like you!

BigFeitz
02-28-09, 10:30 pm
im 230lbs and i am getting ready for a show i will be 16 weeks out monday

Blunos
03-01-09, 11:47 am
Hi Evan, what do you think of my diet that i have been following ? my aim is to gain weight, im 19 years old, 5.11 and 205lbs. Any suggestions or changes that i should make ?

Meal 1
150g oats (dry weight)
300g egg whites
50g Natural peanut butter

Meal 2
50-60g protein shack
50g oats (dry weight)

Meal 3
200g chicken (cooked)
300g brown rice (cooked weight)
100g vegetables

Meal 4
50-60g protein shack
50g oats (dry weight)

Meal 5
200g chicken (cooked)
100g vegetables

Meal 6
300g egg whites
50g natural peanut butter

Many Thanks,
Blunos

OoFaP
03-01-09, 6:33 pm
When you deadlift where do you put your hands and feet?

MrMuscles22
03-01-09, 7:14 pm
When you weigh meat, should I weigh it before or after cooking it? I have heard both and am curious what you think is best! Also, what is a good way to get my leg development up to par with the rest of my body. My thighs measure out at 31" cold and I use over 1000lbs on my sets of leg press, but they seem to just be big and lack development. My leg routine is going to be this starting this week:

Leg Press: 6x20-6 going up in weight each set
Jefferson Squats superset with Leg Abductions: 3x20 (for glute development)
Leg Extensions: 4x12-15
Lying Leg Curls: 4x12-15
Seated Leg Curls: 4x12-15

I can't do regular squats because I have popped my left hip out of place a few times doing squats and have torn cartilage in my right knee and it hurts like hell when I squat with even 135lbs. Any suggestions on a good leg routine that avoids squats would be awesome! My show is Sept 12 and I need some kick ass wheels or I am gonna get smashed by the competition. If you wanna see what my workouts have been looking like lately you can check out my Journey if you have the time and see what they look like overall.

Here is the link: http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=23324

Thanks bro, you have been a tremendous help!

N. Motta
03-01-09, 8:02 pm
Ox, you have heard it hundreds of times, but it is important for me to give you my respect for your willingness to teach and guide others. Your a bad ass dude. Thanks, for being a REAL person.

I have been browsing krazy's thread and this thread in search of the best form of a leam body mass test. Ideally, how would one do said test before embarking on the keto diet?

N. Motta
03-01-09, 11:13 pm
^^bump

TheDarkHalf
03-02-09, 12:13 am
^^bump

Give the man some time to get back to you - being big ain't easy brother. I'm sure he has his hands full and will holler at you in the morning.

Thanks for being a great teacher Ox!

Reacher34
03-02-09, 1:14 pm
Personally, I'd wait until you can train the way you need to. If you still decide to go through with it:

I'd just have 6 whole eggs for meal one
Toast and jelly?! Get rid of that
Your macros need to be more consistent...380-450 of protein is a large difference. Same goes for the other macros...you need to keep em consistent.
Other than that, it looks okay.

First off, thanks for the advice. I know, I know... toast and jelly! It's low sugar jelly and there is only 5 grams of sugar in 1 tablespoon. I eat it in the morning after cardio, and it's my only indulgence. I will phase it out as I progress in the next week or two.

In the meantime, I had thought that whole wheat bread was ok. Is low-sodium Ezekiel bread an acceptible alternative? Or should I just be anti-bread?

Ox
03-04-09, 9:12 pm
I hope to see a bunch of you guys at the Arnold! Be back at it Sunday night!

Fury317
03-04-09, 9:27 pm
See ya there BIG guy. Im one of the interns on friday so itll be an honor to rub shoulders with the pros. Should be fun man. Have a safe trip.

Levent79
03-08-09, 12:50 pm
Hi Bros,
ı am a 30yo obese guy 264 lbs having a bf of 42.27% (according to girth method). I am on a transformation and my future diet will be something like this:
0600 Cuts
0700 3egg whites /250ml milk/ Pak
1000 PB sandwich
1200 160gr tuna
1400 Cuts
1500 Whey Shake (Post WO)
1700 Chicken Breast
2100 Whey Shake
2200 Sleep

I am doing 1 hour of intense cardio in the morning after cuts and long non intense cardio at night

Need feedback and advice
THX

Speedgtr92
03-08-09, 9:42 pm
Hey ox, just wanted to thank you for being so cool at the arnold expo and signing my magazine. You are a true inspiration to me, I wish you the best of luck at the NY Pro; you'll definitely make an impact.

mritter3
03-08-09, 10:28 pm
hey evan just wanted to say how cool it was of you to sign my journey book, bro you look huge in person, seen you in many vids, but they don't do you any justice, good luck with all of your upcoming shows.

BigTimCoats
03-08-09, 11:29 pm
what up big man i just wanted to let you now i started my new journey and wanted to let you know to feel free and drop by anytime you want to check on how im doing. thanks alot any advice or recommendations would be greatly appreciated :)

Lunatic001
03-09-09, 3:05 pm
Saw the Arnold pics and interview....looking large big man, can't wait to meet you at the Arnold 2010!!!!! NY Pro won't know what hit it..........what do you think about this Mac nut oil?

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/now/macadamianutoil.html

Thanks.....
Lunatic

Menace
03-10-09, 5:52 pm
OX, I just wanted to say thanks. Your seminar on diet in the cage was great, also we had a small chat in Metroflex Saturday night, thanks again for the great info. Best of luck in your upcoming competition, I'll definitely be following your career! Thanks again man!

fatbackgoal
03-10-09, 7:11 pm
Evan just wanted to say what pleasure it was to meet you this past weekend. I have a picture from the back of you doing seated rows that will be my goal. I would like to get your feedback on my current condition and where you think I should prioritize. Obviously shedding fat is number one but would like some input on after that. If possible I am shooting for a show in late October. Again good to meet you and best of luck this year!!

http://s447.photobucket.com/albums/q...ports/BustinA/

B Con
03-10-09, 10:09 pm
Evan... thanks for the tip you gave me Saturday at the ABC... I was training back and somewhat worked in with you on the low row machine... the cutting down the range of motion had my back toast...

Was great to see you there and talk with you. Looking forward to seeing your debut. Give 'em hell.

Alucard
03-11-09, 4:49 am
evan, how you doin man? awile back i told you that i also strugle with my chest...
plz give some tips on my chest workout...ps: picked up about 10lbs
on that diet we talked about. lower part of my chest is lagging seriuosly!

my current chest workout...

warmup 2 sets
2 sets 45degree incline
2 sets 60degree incline
4 sets flat dumbell press
4 sets flat fly`s
4 sets dips...

thanx alot...

Ox
03-11-09, 11:50 am
Hi Evan, what do you think of my diet that i have been following ? my aim is to gain weight, im 19 years old, 5.11 and 205lbs. Any suggestions or changes that i should make ?

Meal 1
150g oats (dry weight)
300g egg whites
50g Natural peanut butter

Meal 2
50-60g protein shack
50g oats (dry weight)

Meal 3
200g chicken (cooked)
100g vegetables

Meal 4
50-60g protein shack
50g oats (dry weight)

Meal 5
200g chicken (cooked)
100g vegetables

Meal 6
300g egg whites
50g natural peanut butter

Many Thanks,
Blunos

Instead of PB with your egg whites, just have whole eggs. With every meal try and get in 13 or so grams of fat or a tablespoon of olive oil.

Ox
03-11-09, 11:51 am
When you deadlift where do you put your hands and feet?

My hands go on the bar and my feet go on the ground :)

Ox
03-11-09, 11:53 am
When you weigh meat, should I weigh it before or after cooking it? I have heard both and am curious what you think is best! Also, what is a good way to get my leg development up to par with the rest of my body. My thighs measure out at 31" cold and I use over 1000lbs on my sets of leg press, but they seem to just be big and lack development. My leg routine is going to be this starting this week:

Leg Press: 6x20-6 going up in weight each set
Jefferson Squats superset with Leg Abductions: 3x20 (for glute development)
Leg Extensions: 4x12-15
Lying Leg Curls: 4x12-15
Seated Leg Curls: 4x12-15

I can't do regular squats because I have popped my left hip out of place a few times doing squats and have torn cartilage in my right knee and it hurts like hell when I squat with even 135lbs. Any suggestions on a good leg routine that avoids squats would be awesome! My show is Sept 12 and I need some kick ass wheels or I am gonna get smashed by the competition. If you wanna see what my workouts have been looking like lately you can check out my Journey if you have the time and see what they look like overall.

Here is the link: http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=23324

Thanks bro, you have been a tremendous help!

I weight mine raw. At 31" it doesn't sound like your leg developement is behind! All I can tell you is squat. If you have trouble, see a chiropractor and resolve your issue(s). You need to squat.

Ox
03-11-09, 11:55 am
Ox, you have heard it hundreds of times, but it is important for me to give you my respect for your willingness to teach and guide others. Your a bad ass dude. Thanks, for being a REAL person.

I have been browsing krazy's thread and this thread in search of the best form of a leam body mass test. Ideally, how would one do said test before embarking on the keto diet?

Look in the mirror! Seriously though, just have someone do a skin fold caliper test...close enough.

Ox
03-11-09, 11:56 am
First off, thanks for the advice. I know, I know... toast and jelly! It's low sugar jelly and there is only 5 grams of sugar in 1 tablespoon. I eat it in the morning after cardio, and it's my only indulgence. I will phase it out as I progress in the next week or two.

In the meantime, I had thought that whole wheat bread was ok. Is low-sodium Ezekiel bread an acceptible alternative? Or should I just be anti-bread?

Ezekiel bread is MUCH better...good shit.

Ox
03-11-09, 11:58 am
Hi Bros,
ı am a 30yo obese guy 264 lbs having a bf of 42.27% (according to girth method). I am on a transformation and my future diet will be something like this:
0600 Cuts
0700 3egg whites /250ml milk/ Pak
1000 PB sandwich
1200 160gr tuna
1400 Cuts
1500 Whey Shake (Post WO)
1700 Chicken Breast
2100 Whey Shake
2200 Sleep

I am doing 1 hour of intense cardio in the morning after cuts and long non intense cardio at night

Need feedback and advice
THX

This diet needs a lot of work! Give me a little time and I'll fix it up. In the meantime, go bad through the thread and look at some fo the other diets and you'll see what I'm talking about. We need to balance it out.

Ox
03-11-09, 11:59 am
Hey ox, just wanted to thank you for being so cool at the arnold expo and signing my magazine. You are a true inspiration to me, I wish you the best of luck at the NY Pro; you'll definitely make an impact.

Not at all. Good to meet you bro, thanks for coming by the cage. All the best man!

Ox
03-11-09, 12:00 pm
hey evan just wanted to say how cool it was of you to sign my journey book, bro you look huge in person, seen you in many vids, but they don't do you any justice, good luck with all of your upcoming shows.

Thanks. At least that's better than hearing "Man you look so mucn bigger in the mags, but in person you're fucking small" hahahaha. Peace

Ox
03-11-09, 12:00 pm
what up big man i just wanted to let you now i started my new journey and wanted to let you know to feel free and drop by anytime you want to check on how im doing. thanks alot any advice or recommendations would be greatly appreciated :)

No doubt.

Ox
03-11-09, 12:01 pm
Saw the Arnold pics and interview....looking large big man, can't wait to meet you at the Arnold 2010!!!!! NY Pro won't know what hit it..........what do you think about this Mac nut oil?

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/now/macadamianutoil.html

Thanks.....
Lunatic

Yup...it's definitely mac nut oil. hahahaha. I like to order mine from www.naturesapproved.com You cna get a gallon of ORGANIC for about $80. Definitely a good buy.

Ox
03-11-09, 12:02 pm
OX, I just wanted to say thanks. Your seminar on diet in the cage was great, also we had a small chat in Metroflex Saturday night, thanks again for the great info. Best of luck in your upcoming competition, I'll definitely be following your career! Thanks again man!

Glad you liked the seminar! Thanks man and good to meet you. Peace!

Lunatic001
03-11-09, 12:03 pm
Yup...it's definitely mac nut oil. hahahaha. I like to order mine from www.naturesapproved.com You cna get a gallon of ORGANIC for about $80. Definitely a good buy.

Thanks brother.......really appreciate the help.....will be keeping tabs on you and track your progress so don't slack off! lol.......NY PRO is yours!

AFTazz06
03-11-09, 12:04 pm
Ox, hope everything is going well with prep for the NY pro, wanted to ask you where do you buy Ezekiel bread? Ive tried finding it in supermarkets and even walmart and no luck! i want to try it out cause bread (white or wheat) always makes me look and feel bloated.

MrMuscles22
03-11-09, 12:19 pm
I weight mine raw. At 31" it doesn't sound like your leg developement is behind! All I can tell you is squat. If you have trouble, see a chiropractor and resolve your issue(s). You need to squat.

Thanks Evan. I definately want to start incorporating squats back into my leg routine, especially after all of the squat action that took place in the cage over the weekend! I'm going to wrap my knees and see if that helps them out some.

Maiden69
03-11-09, 1:01 pm
Hey Evan, I started squating a few months ago, back in novemeber is I remember right after 2 surgeries to fix my meniscus on both legs. The last one was last June. I was told by the doctor that I could squat but to keep the bent in my legs to 90 degrees. I can go heavy (for me) with that bent, to 315 x 6. How low do I really need to go to get optimal results? I did some ATG (until my hams touched my calves) and was able to go up to 225 X 8. Do I need to go that low, or parallel is good enough? BTW, just see a few pics of you from the Cage and the MD interview, looking leaner already only 6 weeks into. can't wait to see you at the Show! I will try to make it there this year (If I can convince the people at my office on taking a 4 day pass!)

Ox
03-11-09, 4:06 pm
Evan just wanted to say what pleasure it was to meet you this past weekend. I have a picture from the back of you doing seated rows that will be my goal. I would like to get your feedback on my current condition and where you think I should prioritize. Obviously shedding fat is number one but would like some input on after that. If possible I am shooting for a show in late October. Again good to meet you and best of luck this year!!

http://s447.photobucket.com/albums/q...ports/BustinA/

Hey man...clicked the link but there were no pics there.

Ox
03-11-09, 4:07 pm
Evan... thanks for the tip you gave me Saturday at the ABC... I was training back and somewhat worked in with you on the low row machine... the cutting down the range of motion had my back toast...

Was great to see you there and talk with you. Looking forward to seeing your debut. Give 'em hell.

Leaning into it and shortening the reps definitely helps! Glad you found it helpful. Great meeting you bro!

Ox
03-11-09, 4:08 pm
evan, how you doin man? awile back i told you that i also strugle with my chest...
plz give some tips on my chest workout...ps: picked up about 10lbs
on that diet we talked about. lower part of my chest is lagging seriuosly!

my current chest workout...

warmup 2 sets
2 sets 45degree incline
2 sets 60degree incline
4 sets flat dumbell press
4 sets flat fly`s
4 sets dips...

thanx alot...

I don't know man, it looks good to me. Just change it up. Change the order of the exercises, do some supersets, drops etc. Just change shit up.

Ox
03-11-09, 4:09 pm
Ox, hope everything is going well with prep for the NY pro, wanted to ask you where do you buy Ezekiel bread? Ive tried finding it in supermarkets and even walmart and no luck! i want to try it out cause bread (white or wheat) always makes me look and feel bloated.

Trader Joe's sells it. A lot of grocery stores carry it now (in the freezer case) and most health food stores sell it.

Ox
03-11-09, 4:09 pm
Thanks Evan. I definately want to start incorporating squats back into my leg routine, especially after all of the squat action that took place in the cage over the weekend! I'm going to wrap my knees and see if that helps them out some.

Good! Byrd is one hell of a squatter!

Ox
03-11-09, 4:51 pm
Hey Evan, I started squating a few months ago, back in novemeber is I remember right after 2 surgeries to fix my meniscus on both legs. The last one was last June. I was told by the doctor that I could squat but to keep the bent in my legs to 90 degrees. I can go heavy (for me) with that bent, to 315 x 6. How low do I really need to go to get optimal results? I did some ATG (until my hams touched my calves) and was able to go up to 225 X 8. Do I need to go that low, or parallel is good enough? BTW, just see a few pics of you from the Cage and the MD interview, looking leaner already only 6 weeks into. can't wait to see you at the Show! I will try to make it there this year (If I can convince the people at my office on taking a 4 day pass!)

I think the lower the better. You don't need to go past parallel to stimuklate your quads but you DO to fully engage your inner thighs, glutes etc. Besides, if you learn to squat witrh your hips and not your knees, squatting deep shouldn't bother you.

I appreciate the compliments! Hope to see you in New York!

Lunatic001
03-11-09, 4:55 pm
Besides, if you learn to squat witrh your hips and not your knees, squatting deep shouldn't bother you.

Ox,

Thanks for all the help you give us but can you ellaborate on the above statement or point me on the direction of how to learn how to squat....I have the most trouble with this movement.....thanks anyways........

Lunatic

fatbackgoal
03-11-09, 5:25 pm
Hey man...clicked the link but there were no pics there.

Sorry about that this one should work.

http://s447.photobucket.com/albums/qq193/n3dsports/BustinA/

MrMuscles22
03-11-09, 9:03 pm
Good! Byrd is one hell of a squatter!

That is an understatement, LOL! Byrd is one fucking awesome squatter! I was fucking impressed and motivated to start squats again!

MrMuscles22
03-11-09, 10:26 pm
Quick question about Omega. How many pak's/day should I be taking while on keto? Right now, I am only taking one pak/day. Just wanna make sure I am getting enough.

My fat sources are:

Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Macedamia Nut Oil
Natty PB
Animal Omega

I actually have my whole keto plan outlined on my journey, if you wanna check it out and give any advice, I would appreciate it!

Thanks for taking the time!

Maiden69
03-12-09, 7:33 am
I think the lower the better. You don't need to go past parallel to stimuklate your quads but you DO to fully engage your inner thighs, glutes etc. Besides, if you learn to squat witrh your hips and not your knees, squatting deep shouldn't bother you.

I appreciate the compliments! Hope to see you in New York!
Thanks Bro! I will continue to go parallel or lower. Can you explain a little on squatting with the hips? I'm not following on that one. My problem right now is that I feel like I'm starting to come up with my legs first and my back comes straight after. I have seen vids of people and they look like one swift movement legs and back at the same time. My knees are doing great BTW, before both surgeries I couldn't even squat 135 at 90 degrees! Now I have almost 100% ROM with 225, that's why I started to go deep again. One more question, do you think it is wise to pre-exhaust legs? Like Leg Curls and Extensions before squats? I tried that once about 3 weeks ago, and the pump in the quads was too much for me to continue squatting past 185! DOMS kicked my ass for quite a few days after that too. Thanks for taking your time to answer our questions! Means the world to me! And sure hope to meet you at NY!!!

TheDarkHalf
03-12-09, 8:27 am
Hey big guy,

just wanted to let you know keto has been going great for me. I'm already down 9 lbs and it's only day 11! I'm even already starting to see changes in my composition. Thanks for being here to guide us and be a teacher!

Any new information you want to share with the legion?

NJC_Manhattan
03-12-09, 4:00 pm
Ox, you must know New Haven pretty well. I grew up around the GNHA (Greater New Haven Area), so I wanna play the name game with you about places I used to eat at.

- Sally's pizza
- Yankee Doodle
- Educated Burgher
- Pepe's apizza
- Ashley's Ice Cream

Yum.

Oh and awesome first article

Ox
03-12-09, 6:39 pm
Ox,

Thanks for all the help you give us but can you ellaborate on the above statement or point me on the direction of how to learn how to squat....I have the most trouble with this movement.....thanks anyways........

Lunatic

1. Get the bar down across your traps, not up on your neck
2. Chest up
3. Move your ass out and THEN bend at your knees. Break at the hips and then at the knees
4. Keep ALL the pressure on your heals
5. Drive through the floor with your heels and squeeze your glutes
6. repeat

Oh, and use a slightly WIDER stance

Ox
03-12-09, 6:40 pm
Quick question about Omega. How many pak's/day should I be taking while on keto? Right now, I am only taking one pak/day. Just wanna make sure I am getting enough.

My fat sources are:

Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Macedamia Nut Oil
Natty PB
Animal Omega

I actually have my whole keto plan outlined on my journey, if you wanna check it out and give any advice, I would appreciate it!

Thanks for taking the time!

Two per day is just right.

Lunatic001
03-12-09, 6:41 pm
2. Chest up
3. Move your ass out and THEN bend at your knees. Break at the hips and then at the knees
6. repeat

Thank you for all your help...I really appreciate it!!!

Ox
03-12-09, 6:43 pm
Thanks Bro! I will continue to go parallel or lower. Can you explain a little on squatting with the hips? I'm not following on that one. My problem right now is that I feel like I'm starting to come up with my legs first and my back comes straight after. I have seen vids of people and they look like one swift movement legs and back at the same time. My knees are doing great BTW, before both surgeries I couldn't even squat 135 at 90 degrees! Now I have almost 100% ROM with 225, that's why I started to go deep again. One more question, do you think it is wise to pre-exhaust legs? Like Leg Curls and Extensions before squats? I tried that once about 3 weeks ago, and the pump in the quads was too much for me to continue squatting past 185! DOMS kicked my ass for quite a few days after that too. Thanks for taking your time to answer our questions! Means the world to me! And sure hope to meet you at NY!!!

You either use your hips or your knees. Your hips are a bigger and stronger joint. Besides, everyone complains that the reason they can't squat is because of their knees. Pre-exhausting is definitely good sometimes. The amount you're able to squat will drop significantly but you'll use muscles you may not usually recruit. Check out the post above...that's the best advice I can give in terms of trying to use your hips rather than your knees to squat. Keep all your pressure on your heels! Shift the pressure to your toes and it's over.

Ox
03-12-09, 6:44 pm
Hey big guy,

just wanted to let you know keto has been going great for me. I'm already down 9 lbs and it's only day 11! I'm even already starting to see changes in my composition. Thanks for being here to guide us and be a teacher!

Any new information you want to share with the legion?

No problem. Keep in mind, a lot of the drop at first is fluid...but keep with it and I'm sure you'll do well.

Ox
03-12-09, 6:46 pm
Ox, you must know New Haven pretty well. I grew up around the GNHA (Greater New Haven Area), so I wanna play the name game with you about places I used to eat at.

- Sally's pizza
- Yankee Doodle
- Educated Burgher
- Pepe's apizza
- Ashley's Ice Cream

Yum.

Oh and awesome first article

I know all of em except for Yankee doodle and Ashley's. Is Ashley's in Branford? Yankee Doodle sounds familiar but I'm not sure. And for the record, Modern Pizza is top dog!

TheDarkHalf
03-12-09, 8:34 pm
No problem. Keep in mind, a lot of the drop at first is fluid...but keep with it and I'm sure you'll do well.

Gotcha. I'm definitely in this for the long haul.

Maiden69
03-12-09, 8:49 pm
You either use your hips or your knees. Your hips are a bigger and stronger joint. Besides, everyone complains that the reason they can't squat is because of their knees. Pre-exhausting is definitely good sometimes. The amount you're able to squat will drop significantly but you'll use muscles you may not usually recruit. Check out the post above...that's the best advice I can give in terms of trying to use your hips rather than your knees to squat. Keep all your pressure on your heels! Shift the pressure to your toes and it's over.
Got it! Thanks a lot... ah, and just found your Leg work out in MD earlier today, so I got some studying to do! Got legs on Saturday, so I will put this to work!

BigFeitz
03-13-09, 12:00 am
hey ox i need some help.

have 14 weeks till my show and i have been bouncing around with fiets for my first 2 weeks than one of my work assocites who is competing sid i was eting to much and told me how to switch it up and he looks good so i did so. i started my diet at 230 and about 13% bf. i am down to 215 now i dont know my bf but i have lost a half an in in my arms and almost 2 inches in my chest. am i buring more muscle than fat do to the drastic drop in cals? i was taking in about 3600 now im taking in bout 2500.

BamBam
03-13-09, 1:23 am
Hey bro, thanks for your lat help at the Arnold Classic. I did my back workout and did what you told me and I haven't been that sore in a while. Hope the diet and your workouts are going good bro! Good luck on the road to your show! I'm busting my ass to get there and see it!

IN IRON,
BB-

Extreme
03-13-09, 9:30 am
How's it going Ox? Sounds like everyone had a blast at this year's Arnold Classic, hope I can get there one of these years. Got a quick question regarding OILS. I've seen you talk a lot about the importance of healthy fats in a diet and your use of oils to consume those healthy fats. I recently started using Olive Oil in my protein shakes and the last time I was at the store I found some almond oil. I would like to know if it would be more beneficial, or ok, to combine these oils in my protein shakes, or to leave them seperate. I know their nutrient profiles are slightly different, so that's why I ask. I usually blend up all of my protein shakes for the day when I wake up, then just distribute them into seperate shakers and throw them in the fridge. I was thinking about adding 1 1/2 T of Olive Oil and 1 1/2 T of Almond Oil in the blender for my three shakes, or would it be best to do Olive Oil one day and Almond Oil the next day, switching them out every other day. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

OoFaP
03-13-09, 1:39 pm
Hey bro, thanks for your lat help at the Arnold Classic. I did my back workout and did what you told me and I haven't been that sore in a while. Hope the diet and your workouts are going good bro! Good luck on the road to your show! I'm busting my ass to get there and see it!

IN IRON,
BB-

I'm curious to know what he told you to do for your back since my back is lagging behind.

Blunos
03-13-09, 3:11 pm
Instead of PB with your egg whites, just have whole eggs. With every meal try and get in 13 or so grams of fat or a tablespoon of olive oil.

Thanks Evan,
How many whole eggs would you suggest then instead of 300grams of egg white ?
and in regards to the olive oil, one table spoon would be like 15grams of oilve oil correct ? and is that extra virgin or just normal olive oil ?

Thanks.
Blunos

MrMuscles22
03-14-09, 12:54 pm
Ox,

Do you use the ketone test strips that you piss on to measure the amount of ketones in your urine while dieting? If so, what level of ketones should I shoot for? I have been in the small amount for the last two days and I feel I should be higher.

Thanks man!

Maiden69
03-14-09, 2:11 pm
2. Chest up
6. repeat

Evan, did this today... easier said than done! I guess I get your point now about people who squat with their knees or their hips. I managed 225 again, but only 5 reps instead of 8, but I felt it more deep inside the quads, plus I was able to go a little deeper. I still found myself pushing the ground with the ball of my feet and then switching to the heel once I went heavy. From 135 to 185 I was able to concentrate and push with the heels. I got a long way to go, I wish I had the advantage of this forum 20 yrs ago! Made the best progress of my life in the last 6 months! That's the amount of time that I have been a member here!

Oh, and I just see your chest training posted at MD, I'm going to give it a try Monday, do you think that the same amount of sets will be adequate for a "beginner-intermediate" person. This is what I have been doing the last few chest days;
Flat Bench (not including W.ups) ea set taken to 80% failure (if I push my self I can get 1-2 more reps)
4 x 15,12,10,8
1 x 15
Incline Bench (to almost failure, or TO failure)
2 x 10
Incline Flies (my 20th rep is almost hard to finish)
3 x 15-20
Cable X-Over
3 x 15-20 (my 20th rep is almost hard to finish)

I'm not too strong so I try to go to almodt failure whenever I can to get the most out of it.

NJC_Manhattan
03-14-09, 2:31 pm
I know all of em except for Yankee doodle and Ashley's. Is Ashley's in Branford? Yankee Doodle sounds familiar but I'm not sure. And for the record, Modern Pizza is top dog!

Modern is really money... I'm still a big supporter of the Wooster st. area though. Yankee doodle was the burger shop on Broadway across from the center parking lot. Ashley's was on York. They do have an Ashley's in Branford, however.

sjchris408
03-15-09, 2:31 pm
Hey whats up Ox, let me say first and foremost I've got a lot of respect for your work ethic and love you have for this sport. It's good to see down to earth guys like yourself that pay their dues and reach out to the up and comers also like you do here. If you have the time, I'd like to get your input on the diet plan I was going to start on keto:

Breakfast: 5 omega-3 eggs with animal pak and omega and cup of green tea
Midmorning snack: 1 cup cottage cheese with 1 1/2 oz almonds
Lunch: 8 oz lean steak with baby spinach salad w/ 1 tbsp EVOO
Dinner: 8 oz chicken/salmon with baby spinach salad w/ 1 tbsp EVOO
Before bed snack: 2 scoop zero carb whey shake w/ 2 tbsp natty PB

Approximate daily cal: 2400
Approximate fat/protein ratio of daily cals: 60/40 and <30 carbs

Is this a good diet? Also you mention incorporating a cheat meal into your diet. Can you give me an example of a good cheat meal (I know it sounds like an oxymoron) or when you take the cheat meal does it really not matter at all? For example can I include alcohol in that cheat meal?

Ox
03-15-09, 6:00 pm
How's it going Ox? Sounds like everyone had a blast at this year's Arnold Classic, hope I can get there one of these years. Got a quick question regarding OILS. I've seen you talk a lot about the importance of healthy fats in a diet and your use of oils to consume those healthy fats. I recently started using Olive Oil in my protein shakes and the last time I was at the store I found some almond oil. I would like to know if it would be more beneficial, or ok, to combine these oils in my protein shakes, or to leave them seperate. I know their nutrient profiles are slightly different, so that's why I ask. I usually blend up all of my protein shakes for the day when I wake up, then just distribute them into seperate shakers and throw them in the fridge. I was thinking about adding 1 1/2 T of Olive Oil and 1 1/2 T of Almond Oil in the blender for my three shakes, or would it be best to do Olive Oil one day and Almond Oil the next day, switching them out every other day. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

I would opt for just olive oil.

Ox
03-15-09, 6:01 pm
Thanks Evan,
How many whole eggs would you suggest then instead of 300grams of egg white ?
and in regards to the olive oil, one table spoon would be like 15grams of oilve oil correct ? and is that extra virgin or just normal olive oil ?

Thanks.
Blunos

I'd go with 5 or 6 whole eggs. Extra virgin olive oil is best.

Ox
03-15-09, 6:03 pm
Ox,

Do you use the ketone test strips that you piss on to measure the amount of ketones in your urine while dieting? If so, what level of ketones should I shoot for? I have been in the small amount for the last two days and I feel I should be higher.

Thanks man!

I've actually never used them. From what I've heard they can be innacurate...not entirely sure though. Just diet hard and keep your carbs VERY low and you'll be in ketosis.

Ox
03-15-09, 6:05 pm
Evan, did this today... easier said than done! I guess I get your point now about people who squat with their knees or their hips. I managed 225 again, but only 5 reps instead of 8, but I felt it more deep inside the quads, plus I was able to go a little deeper. I still found myself pushing the ground with the ball of my feet and then switching to the heel once I went heavy. From 135 to 185 I was able to concentrate and push with the heels. I got a long way to go, I wish I had the advantage of this forum 20 yrs ago! Made the best progress of my life in the last 6 months! That's the amount of time that I have been a member here!

Oh, and I just see your chest training posted at MD, I'm going to give it a try Monday, do you think that the same amount of sets will be adequate for a "beginner-intermediate" person. This is what I have been doing the last few chest days;
Flat Bench (not including W.ups) ea set taken to 80% failure (if I push my self I can get 1-2 more reps)
4 x 15,12,10,8
1 x 15
Incline Bench (to almost failure, or TO failure)
2 x 10
Incline Flies (my 20th rep is almost hard to finish)
3 x 15-20
Cable X-Over
3 x 15-20 (my 20th rep is almost hard to finish)

I'm not too strong so I try to go to almodt failure whenever I can to get the most out of it.

Keep going with this form and before you know it, you'll blow past your previous best lifts. As for the volume, it's very individual. 13 sets it normal. Once you get past 16, it depends on your recuperative ability.

Ox
03-15-09, 6:07 pm
Modern is really money... I'm still a big supporter of the Wooster st. area though. Yankee doodle was the burger shop on Broadway across from the center parking lot. Ashley's was on York. They do have an Ashley's in Branford, however.

So let me ask you this...which pizza do you like better...NY or NH?

Ox
03-15-09, 6:08 pm
Hey whats up Ox, let me say first and foremost I've got a lot of respect for your work ethic and love you have for this sport. It's good to see down to earth guys like yourself that pay their dues and reach out to the up and comers also like you do here. If you have the time, I'd like to get your input on the diet plan I was going to start on keto:

Is this a good diet? Also you mention incorporating a cheat meal into your diet. Can you give me an example of a good cheat meal (I know it sounds like an oxymoron) or when you take the cheat meal does it really not matter at all? For example can I include alcohol in that cheat meal?

How old are you, what's your weight, bf %, bodytype? No alchohol ever! A good cheat meal would be a burger and fries and maybe something for desert.

Maiden69
03-15-09, 7:18 pm
Keep going with this form and before you know it, you'll blow past your previous best lifts. As for the volume, it's very individual. 13 sets it normal. Once you get past 16, it depends on your recuperative ability.
Thanks a lot Evan! Now when you do the Supersets, do you count that as 1 set or 2...

Extreme
03-15-09, 7:19 pm
I would opt for just olive oil.

Thank you sir.

sjchris408
03-15-09, 7:21 pm
I'm 20, my bf % is hovering in the low tens', weight is about 205 lbs, 6'1. I'm fairly lean and muscular. By the way I've been doing anabolic diet which is somewhat similar to keto except you take an entire day to cheat or "carb-up". I wanted to take my body fat loss to a new level which is why I want to implement keto and see how well it works for me. I've found that my body responds well to low carbs high protein/fats.

Lunatic001
03-16-09, 6:09 pm
Ox,

Just running this diet through you just to get a good insight if I am on the right direction....LBM 200, I usually train at 0500 AM.....hope everything is coming along with your prep......

0430 Pre-workout: 20g Protein
0700 Meal 1: 4 Omega Eggs, 5 Egg whites, Pak
1000 Meal 2: 42g Protein, 1 tbsp Mac Nut Oil, Omega
1300 Meal 3: 6oz Chicken Breast, 14g Almonds, Leafy Salad, Flex
1630 Meal 4: 42g Protein, 1 tbsp Mac Nut Oil, 14g Almonds
1930 Meal 5: 6oz Chicken Breast, 14g Almonds, Leafy Salad
2100 Meal 6: 42g Protein, 1 tbsp Mac Nut Oil, 14g Almonds

Calories: 2439 Protein: 305g Fat: 119g Carbs: 19g
****2 Servings of Sugar Free Metamucil
****400mg Vitamin C and 200IU Vitamin E for Meal 3 and 5

Thanks for all your help...

Lunatic

rocky36
03-16-09, 7:08 pm
How do you feel about coconut oil ? good or bad ?

TheDarkHalf
03-16-09, 11:07 pm
Hey Ox,

Can you explain the science/rationale of the cheat meal that is eaten once a week while on keto? I understand that it is to help your body remember how to digest carbs.....but how does having that meal (eating it as the last meal) not kick you out of ketosis?

Also, should there be a concern to the macros of the cheat meal? I realize that housing carbs during this meal is very important (200g or more) - should there be a concern for the amount of fats and protein in this meal as well?

IRONADDICT45
03-17-09, 11:57 pm
wats up big dog, you gonna be at the Jay Cutler Classic this year again bro, ill be there and id like to stop by you and dave and see how your doin with training and prep for the NY pro...you probably dont remember me, i met you last year at the Jay Cutler Classic (my boy (john) actually won the Masters 1st place) and i thanked you for doin a great Qand A here on the forum, thanks for your time bro...

Tommy

SKOH09
03-18-09, 12:03 am
Ox, just joined the forvm and wanted to say it was awesome meeting you at the cage at the Arnold. I really enjoyed your article about the cage and how cool the animal guys were. I definitely did meet someone that I really looked up to for a very long time that was indeed a cocky asshole, told me to move along and wouldn't wait an extra 2 seconds for me to get the camera from my buddy to take a picture. I was soo cool meeting all the animal guys, you guys all fucking kick ass, keep it hardcore!!

Matt

Ox
03-18-09, 10:29 am

I'd change the following:

1.Get rid of the cottage cheese and just do a shake (Specialized Protein for Lean Mass is perfect for you) w/ the almonds

2. Throw in another shake during the day sometime. Add fats to it if you feel you need em. If you're not hungry, skip the fats and just have the protein.

For a cheat meal, a burger and fries plus desert it perfect. No alchohol...THIS IS BODYBUILDING!

Ox
03-18-09, 10:30 am
Ox,

Just running this diet through you just to get a good insight if I am on the right direction....LBM 200, I usually train at 0500 AM.....hope everything is coming along with your prep......

0430 Pre-workout: 20g Protein
0700 Meal 1: 4 Omega Eggs, 5 Egg whites, Pak
1000 Meal 2: 42g Protein, 1 tbsp Mac Nut Oil, Omega
1300 Meal 3: 6oz Chicken Breast, 14g Almonds, Leafy Salad, Flex
1630 Meal 4: 42g Protein, 1 tbsp Mac Nut Oil, 14g Almonds
1930 Meal 5: 6oz Chicken Breast, 14g Almonds, Leafy Salad
2100 Meal 6: 42g Protein, 1 tbsp Mac Nut Oil, 14g Almonds

Calories: 2439 Protein: 305g Fat: 119g Carbs: 19g
****2 Servings of Sugar Free Metamucil
****400mg Vitamin C and 200IU Vitamin E for Meal 3 and 5

Thanks for all your help...

Lunatic

Yeah man it looks good. What are you using for your shakes?

Gambit
03-18-09, 10:32 am
How's the diet and precontest prep going, Ox?

Lunatic001
03-18-09, 11:13 am

Nothing but Ultra Iso whey like you recommend.....thanks for taking the time....hope everything is going well.....I followed your suggestion for squats, so I cut the wieght and focused on my form and it feels much better! Can't wait to see you hit the stage at the NY Pro!

Lunatic

Lunatic001
03-18-09, 12:03 pm

Nothing but Ultra Iso whey like you recommend.....thanks for taking the time....hope everything is going well.....I followed your suggestion for squats, so I cut the wieght and focused on my form and it feels much better! Can't wait to see you hit the stage at the NY Pro!

Lunatic

Sorry Ox, adding to my response and question, Is the preworkout shake okay? I only put it there so that I wouldn't train on a empty stomach......I lift at 0500-0600 then 30 minute cardio session.....thanks for all the help.....

Lunatic

jayanticoli
03-18-09, 1:59 pm
Hey ox hows it goin bro?...Met you at the Arnold i'm the dweeb who introduced himself to you at the ABC ...anyway just curious if your offseason split differs from your precontest split....i'm in no way ready to compete but being as large as possible is definatley in my sights thanks in advance for the advice....also i see you live near new haven..i have some good friends who went to southern conn university...i've been up there for springfest a few times shit was nuts !.....thanks again

Ox
03-18-09, 2:09 pm
How do you feel about coconut oil ? good or bad ?

It's just OK.

Ox
03-18-09, 2:11 pm
Hey Ox,

Can you explain the science/rationale of the cheat meal that is eaten once a week while on keto? I understand that it is to help your body remember how to digest carbs.....but how does having that meal (eating it as the last meal) not kick you out of ketosis?

Also, should there be a concern to the macros of the cheat meal? I realize that housing carbs during this meal is very important (200g or more) - should there be a concern for the amount of fats and protein in this meal as well?

The purpose of the cheat meal is to stimulate your metabolism. If you were to go through an entire diet without it, you would end of smaller and less ripped than of you had it. Will it take you out of ketosis? Maybe but you'll be right back in the next day...no biggie. Eat whatever you want...just make sure you get a good amount of carbs in.

Ox
03-18-09, 2:13 pm
wats up big dog, you gonna be at the Jay Cutler Classic this year again bro, ill be there and id like to stop by you and dave and see how your doin with training and prep for the NY pro...you probably dont remember me, i met you last year at the Jay Cutler Classic (my boy (john) actually won the Masters 1st place) and i thanked you for doin a great Qand A here on the forum, thanks for your time bro...

Tommy

I'm not sure man. They haven't asked to have me back yet so I don't know. I think it's right before the NY Pro so I might be kinda beat. If I do go, make sure you say what's up. Peace.

Mr. Aestheticz
03-18-09, 2:16 pm
I Have To Peep My Head In Here More Often Lol!

...easy!!!

Ox
03-18-09, 2:16 pm
Ox, just joined the forvm and wanted to say it was awesome meeting you at the cage at the Arnold. I really enjoyed your article about the cage and how cool the animal guys were. I definitely did meet someone that I really looked up to for a very long time that was indeed a cocky asshole, told me to move along and wouldn't wait an extra 2 seconds for me to get the camera from my buddy to take a picture. I was soo cool meeting all the animal guys, you guys all fucking kick ass, keep it hardcore!!

Matt

Sorry to hear that man...there are definitely some real dickheads out there. But that's with anything. And for the most part, the majority of guys are really cool. I'm glad you liked the cage! The Animal guys are some cool motherfuckers...I always enjoy hanging out with everybody.

Ox
03-18-09, 2:17 pm
I Have To Peep My Head In Here More Often Lol!

...easy!!!

HOLY SHIT!!! It's MR. AESTHETICZ! Hahahaha...what's up man?! How's training? How's your girl?

Mr. Aestheticz
03-18-09, 2:20 pm
HOLY SHIT!!! It's MR. AESTHETICZ! Hahahaha...what's up man?! How's training? How's your girl?

LMAO LMAO!!!!

CHILLEN BRO CHILLEN, HERE AT WORK SLAMMING DOWN SOME SUPPER BEEFED UP STEW WHILE I KILL SOME TIME!!!

TRAINING IS GOING WELL AFTER BEING AT THE CAGE/ARNOLD, MEETING EVERYONE, AND TRAINING WITH YOU I HAVE BEEN IN A MAJOR ZONE AND ON A DIFFERENT LEVEL!

IF AND WHEN YOU EVER GET A CHANCE POP INTO MY OFF SEASON JOURNEY/LOG, THE LINK IS BELOW (HAD LEGS YESTERDAY FYI)!

SHE/WE ARE DOING GREAT, SHE WAS DEEPLY MOTIVATED AFTER BEING AT THE CAGE/ARNOLD ALSO, SHE ASKS ME ALL THE TIME IF YOU AND I HAVE SPOKEN, SHE THINKS YOU A REAL AND GREAT INDIVIDUAL!

HOW YOU DOING?

BigFeitz
03-18-09, 9:49 pm
im curious when dieting down as your body weight gets lower do you constantly adjust the calories and macronutrients to that weight or keep it where you started?

hardworkE
03-19-09, 3:44 pm
Whats up Ox? First time posting on your thread, but I'm definitely a big fan. I just have a question about bodybuilding in general...

You wrote on your website, "Adults would call me husky. They would say what a big boy I was or something but never hint at the fact that I was overweight."

I was pretty much the same way, and was wondering how are you able to bulk up to the point where you are putting on some bodyfat. Not getting overweight, but there is definitely a lot of extra weight that will need to get dropped again. I just have a hard time trying to bulk up too fast, but I see you tend to get pretty big in the off-season.

Do you just know that it will be worth it when you diet down? Its tough, especially not really being that big...a lot of people will mistake it for you just getting lazy and putting on fat. Appreciate the response, and keep up the good work. You have big things in your future.

NJC_Manhattan
03-19-09, 4:37 pm
So let me ask you this...which pizza do you like better...NY or NH?

NH far and away... I went to the heart of Brooklyn, waited in a 2 hr line for "the best pizza in North America" and was not impressed. Went to an old Italian apizza in little Italy and it couldn't hold a match... I talked with one of the pizzeria guys in little Italy and he said NH pizza joints were the first in America and had some of the best sauce he had ever tasted...

But I gotta give NY credit for possibly the best chicken parm I've ever had the pleasure of eating, but when it comes to pizza let me be blunt... No one fucks with New Haven...

cmtz429
03-22-09, 5:15 pm
Awesome thread Ox, I saw you on MD training legs "Be funny if these were styrofoam weights." I am glad to know we can ask you questions. Do you use animal pump? Is it ok to use if you are dieting? I know that creatine makes water retention, so if I am dieting should an NO without Creatine? I also would like to see a day in the life with you in it. You and House are 2 of my favorite BB.

OoFaP
03-22-09, 8:14 pm
I've been doing bent over lateral raises ever since I saw you do them in an In the Trenches video. I started doing them leaning on an incline bench since it feels the same just doesn't compromise my back. I made a video and was wondering if it looks right to you. I'm trying to bring up my rear delts so it's important my form is good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KuJLLEtYa8

This next one is my friend doing it. I think it looks weird but he wanted your opinion.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rf5AMlWB25M

Ox
03-22-09, 8:18 pm
LMAO LMAO!!!!

CHILLEN BRO CHILLEN, HERE AT WORK SLAMMING DOWN SOME SUPPER BEEFED UP STEW WHILE I KILL SOME TIME!!!

TRAINING IS GOING WELL AFTER BEING AT THE CAGE/ARNOLD, MEETING EVERYONE, AND TRAINING WITH YOU I HAVE BEEN IN A MAJOR ZONE AND ON A DIFFERENT LEVEL!

IF AND WHEN YOU EVER GET A CHANCE POP INTO MY OFF SEASON JOURNEY/LOG, THE LINK IS BELOW (HAD LEGS YESTERDAY FYI)!

SHE/WE ARE DOING GREAT, SHE WAS DEEPLY MOTIVATED AFTER BEING AT THE CAGE/ARNOLD ALSO, SHE ASKS ME ALL THE TIME IF YOU AND I HAVE SPOKEN, SHE THINKS YOU A REAL AND GREAT INDIVIDUAL!

HOW YOU DOING?

Good to hear man. Going to a show and being around other people who are in good shape and people who are bigger than you is always motivating. I'll check out your thread. Glad to hear everything is good with your girl. There a lot of girls out there man but VERY FEW who will stick by you!
Everything is going good. Just training and eating and doing cardio blah blah blah...you know the drill!

Ox
03-22-09, 8:19 pm
im curious when dieting down as your body weight gets lower do you constantly adjust the calories and macronutrients to that weight or keep it where you started?

I adjust things constantly. It doesn't necessarily have to be according to weight...just by how things are looking, the timeframe etc etc.

Speedgtr92
03-22-09, 8:20 pm
What's your stance on cardio for prepping for a show Ox? Do you work up to doing 2hrs a day like some guys?

Ox
03-22-09, 8:21 pm
Whats up Ox? First time posting on your thread, but I'm definitely a big fan. I just have a question about bodybuilding in general...

You wrote on your website, "Adults would call me husky. They would say what a big boy I was or something but never hint at the fact that I was overweight."

I was pretty much the same way, and was wondering how are you able to bulk up to the point where you are putting on some bodyfat. Not getting overweight, but there is definitely a lot of extra weight that will need to get dropped again. I just have a hard time trying to bulk up too fast, but I see you tend to get pretty big in the off-season.

Do you just know that it will be worth it when you diet down? Its tough, especially not really being that big...a lot of people will mistake it for you just getting lazy and putting on fat. Appreciate the response, and keep up the good work. You have big things in your future.

For you, I would just gain slowly. I drfopped a lot of weight and stayed lean for years while I put on size. Then when I reached a certain point I bulked more aggresively. But at this point, I don't really care if I put on some bodyfat. It comes right off. You can't be scared to do what you need to do to get where you wanna go.

Ox
03-22-09, 8:25 pm
NH far and away... I went to the heart of Brooklyn, waited in a 2 hr line for "the best pizza in North America" and was not impressed. Went to an old Italian apizza in little Italy and it couldn't hold a match... I talked with one of the pizzeria guys in little Italy and he said NH pizza joints were the first in America and had some of the best sauce he had ever tasted...

But I gotta give NY credit for possibly the best chicken parm I've ever had the pleasure of eating, but when it comes to pizza let me be blunt... No one fucks with New Haven...

I liked NH pizza too. My girlfriend's grandparents live in Brooklyn and when she goes to visit they always get pizza from DiFara's. I've never had it but they say it's really good. Little Italy in Manhattan is bullshit! Arthur Ave in the Bronx is still pretty good though. NH does have some great pizza.

Ox
03-22-09, 8:28 pm
Awesome thread Ox, I saw you on MD training legs "Be funny if these were styrofoam weights." I am glad to know we can ask you questions. Do you use animal pump? Is it ok to use if you are dieting? I know that creatine makes water retention, so if I am dieting should an NO without Creatine? I also would like to see a day in the life with you in it. You and House are 2 of my favorite BB.

I use it sometimes in the offseason when my carb intake is up. I don't feel it's as effective while dietting if you do a keto style diet. If you do a protein/carb diet it will work great. You can use creatine if you want. I choose not to. House is a great dude. Dude is big as hell right now...and fucking STRONG too.

Ox
03-22-09, 8:31 pm
I've been doing bent over lateral raises ever since I saw you do them in an In the Trenches video. I started doing them leaning on an incline bench since it feels the same just doesn't compromise my back. I made a video and was wondering if it looks right to you. I'm trying to bring up my rear delts so it's important my form is good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KuJLLEtYa8

This next one is my friend doing it. I think it looks weird but he wanted your opinion.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rf5AMlWB25M

Your form looks pretty good...I would just try and lessen the incline so you're more parallel with the floor and try and get the weight up just a little further. Other than that, it looks good. Your friendis pulling his elbows back or something...it looks a little off. The way you are doing it looks better.

Ox
03-22-09, 8:33 pm
What's your stance on cardio for prepping for a show Ox? Do you work up to doing 2hrs a day like some guys?

My stance is: Whatever it takes. I think you should only do what you HAVE to...no more, no less. If you can get shredded doing 30 min then that's awesome. If you have to do 2 hours then that sucks but you gotta do what you gotta do. For me, I've done as little as 30 min a day and as much as 2.5 hours a day.

EXUB
03-22-09, 9:53 pm
I see you're a fan of torrent. Just got some myself. Going to be trying it for a few weeks. Any chance of you coming down to Miami soon?

cmtz429
03-22-09, 10:45 pm
Thanks man. I am going to keep it in mind as I diet.

BigFeitz
03-23-09, 3:45 am
hey ox thanks for all your help so far. on more thing, i saw an example of the keto diet and with there being only 6 meals, that includes pre and post workout meals aswell?

jayanticoli
03-23-09, 7:45 am
Hey ox hows it goin bro?...Met you at the Arnold i'm the dweeb who introduced himself to you at the ABC ...anyway just curious if your offseason split differs from your precontest split....i'm in no way ready to compete but being as large as possible is definatley in my sights thanks in advance for the advice....also i see you live near new haven..i have some good friends who went to southern conn university...i've been up there for springfest a few times shit was nuts !.....thanks again

Mr. Aestheticz
03-23-09, 2:13 pm
Good to hear man. Going to a show and being around other people who are in good shape and people who are bigger than you is always motivating. I'll check out your thread. Glad to hear everything is good with your girl. There a lot of girls out there man but VERY FEW who will stick by you!
Everything is going good. Just training and eating and doing cardio blah blah blah...you know the drill!

YEAH IT IS ALWAYS GOOD OT STAY MOTIVATED AND GOAL ORIENTED RIGHT?

THATS WHAT PUSHES AND DRIVES US!

YEAH BRO SHE IS MY NUMBER ONE FAN AND BIGGEST SUPPORTER AND KNOW WHAT SACRIFICES SHE HAS TO MAKE THROUGH ME IN ORDER OT BE WITH ME SO THERE IS NOTHING GREATER, AND IT HELPS SHE IS MY BEST FRIEND!

LOL I GUESS GETTING READY FOR A SHOW IS REPETITIVE FOR EVERYONE LOL, KEEP GOIGN DUDE I CANT IMAGINE HOW SICK YOU ARE GONNA LOOK FOR THIS SHOW!

IM CHILLEN TAKING THIS WEEK OFF TO REST THE BODY UP, CRAZY STTRESSING WEEK LAST WEEK MY BOY WAS SHOT AND MURDERED LAST WEEK SO, BEEN GOO TO GO AND REST UP AND COME BACK BETTER AND STRONGER!

STAY IN TOUCH BIG BROTHA!

...EASY!!!

BigFeitz
03-23-09, 6:55 pm
if anyone can give me an answer? im doing the ketone diet and well i have a bcaa/ eaa powder, i was wondering do you think its bad to put that in my water jug and have it throughout the day?

Ox
03-23-09, 7:29 pm
I see you're a fan of torrent. Just got some myself. Going to be trying it for a few weeks. Any chance of you coming down to Miami soon?

Torrent is the shit. Of all the waxy/PWO carb products I've used, Torrent is hands down my favorite. Back when Twinlab stopped making the OLD ultra fuel in the small glass bottles with all the B vitamins, I was heartbroken. I really liked that shit. After that, I never really found a recovery drink I liked. I've used a bunch of waxy products as well the more old school carb powders and never really found one I was crazy about. But I will say that Torrent is by far the best PWO recovery drink I've used, past or present. As for Miami, I don't know man...no plans so far.

Ox
03-23-09, 7:30 pm
hey ox thanks for all your help so far. on more thing, i saw an example of the keto diet and with there being only 6 meals, that includes pre and post workout meals aswell?

That's it man. Pre and PWO nutrition is just comprised of regular meals.

Ox
03-23-09, 7:32 pm

My training is pretty much the same year round. I try to maintain my muscle by training the same way I did to gain it. I think too may people are under the assumption that when it's time to diet you just drop the wieght and up the reps. Do that and you can kiss your hard earned muscle goodbye!

Ox
03-23-09, 7:33 pm
if anyone can give me an answer? im doing the ketone diet and well i have a bcaa/ eaa powder, i was wondering do you think its bad to put that in my water jug and have it throughout the day?

It'll probably taste like shit but otherwise it's fine to do.

Giant Killer
03-23-09, 7:50 pm
Ox, forgive me if this has been asked recently.

What's the next contest you will compete in?

OoFaP
03-23-09, 8:30 pm
Ox, forgive me if this has been asked recently.

What's the next contest you will compete in?

New York Pro...in May.

I want to go since I live in New York but I'm away at school and it doesn't end until late May. I might come home for the weekend so I can go but it's right before finals week. It's on May 16th.

cmtz429
03-24-09, 1:33 am
Hey Ox, I just asked the Bro's about Subway, I would like to hear your thoughts on eating there. And how about your egg whites? How do you eat em?

Ox
03-24-09, 11:26 am
Hey Ox, I just asked the Bro's about Subway, I would like to hear your thoughts on eating there. And how about your egg whites? How do you eat em?

Subway is shit! I would eat pizza before I ate Subway. Processed deli meats loaded with fillers and nitrates and all sorts of fake shit isn't going to help anyone look their best. Without hesitation, I would opt for Wendy's over Subway...I at least know I'm getting real ground beef and not a buncg of other shit. Besides, if you want to make any real progress you should be prepping your food AT HOME and packing a cooler. I don't eat egg whites. Egg whites are for pussies. :)

Pizzalamp
03-24-09, 11:34 am
evan i think were having an abc this sat at golds at noon

do u know if youre gonna be there?

BigFeitz
03-25-09, 1:58 pm
for the ketone diet what do you think about using peper on foods? is that alright? also what about using salsa on your eggs for instance?

mahscles
03-25-09, 4:31 pm
i was wondering if you have any tips about losing fat but keeping the muscle? i hear all these tips from different people at my gym but i figured id ask a pro. i know it has something to do with fatty acids so what kind should i take in?

Ox
03-25-09, 4:31 pm
evan i think were having an abc this sat at golds at noon

do u know if youre gonna be there?

I should be there.

Ox
03-25-09, 4:32 pm
for the ketone diet what do you think about using peper on foods? is that alright? also what about using salsa on your eggs for instance?

Dried hot pepper flakes are fine and so is a little tabasco. As for other things like hot or sweet cherry peppers, bell peppers etc. they have a good amount of sugar. Salsa is out..it's made from tomatoes and has a significant amount of carbs.

Ox
03-25-09, 4:49 pm
i was wondering if you have any tips about losing fat but keeping the muscle? i hear all these tips from different people at my gym but i figured id ask a pro. i know it has something to do with fatty acids so what kind should i take in?

This is the million dollar question and is one that we have to rethink every time we diet. Unfortunately, there a million things you can do to lose fat and retain muscle. But when it comes down to getting as lean as possible, you're always going to lose some muscle no matter what you take. The best advice I can give is to go easy with the diet. Eliminate only what you have to and only add cardio in appropriate amounts. You can't be afraid to diet or get smaller because you'll never get ripped. As for supps, make sure you keep your protein high with a good powder like specialized protein for lean mass and use animal nitro throughout your training and cardio sessions.

fatbackgoal
03-25-09, 5:18 pm
Ox,

I am dieting down to get to a level where I can then work on building lean mass. I am currently 317 at 28% coming down from 331 at 30% the Arnold weekend. How do you determine what is an acceptable rate to lose? Also in the offseason do you have a range you like to stay in or do you just let the mirror tell you where you are?

Thanks

hawaiiboy
03-25-09, 8:42 pm
hey Ox, is it ok to eat fruit while on a keto diet or will it put you out of ketosis?

MrMuscles22
03-25-09, 9:04 pm
hey Ox, is it ok to eat fruit while on a keto diet or will it put you out of ketosis?

While I am not Ox, I have been talking to him for a while about Keto diets and I know fruit is not allowed what so ever b/c it is loaded with sugar...

cmtz429
03-25-09, 11:33 pm
Hey Ox, What bodypart dom you like to train the most or what is your fav bodypart? And how is guy cisternino? Do you still keep in touch w/ him?

Ashouk
03-26-09, 12:04 pm
Hello Ox:

I just wanted to know your take on during-workout nutrition. Do you think it's something that should consistently be in place. I know of Universal's Intra-Aid product, did you use it regularly last offseason? Or do you think the Torrent shake taken immediately post-workout is suffice? Thank you.

mahscles
03-26-09, 3:51 pm
This is the million dollar question and is one that we have to rethink every time we diet. Unfortunately, there a million things you can do to lose fat and retain muscle. But when it comes down to getting as lean as possible, you're always going to lose some muscle no matter what you take. The best advice I can give is to go easy with the diet. Eliminate only what you have to and only add cardio in appropriate amounts. You can't be afraid to diet or get smaller because you'll never get ripped. As for supps, make sure you keep your protein high with a good powder like specialized protein for lean mass and use animal nitro throughout your training and cardio sessions.

thanks for the tips ox

moose
03-27-09, 5:16 am
yo evan, what type of person (somebody who carries more bodyfat vs. somebody who leans out faster) should or would benefit more from a keto diet pre contest? im about 11 weeks out from my 1st show and i dont think im leaning out as fast as i should, my diets on point that my nutrionist outlined and im doin 1 hour of intervals a day. i was thinking since my body likes to carry more bodyfat that i feel like im pissing in the wind dieting like i am and should be doing ckd. any recommendations?

Ox
03-27-09, 11:23 am
Ox,

I am dieting down to get to a level where I can then work on building lean mass. I am currently 317 at 28% coming down from 331 at 30% the Arnold weekend. How do you determine what is an acceptable rate to lose? Also in the offseason do you have a range you like to stay in or do you just let the mirror tell you where you are?

Thanks

There really is no "standard rate". All you can do is make sure you are doing it safely and that you feel ok. In the offseason I just eat and grow as much as possible.

Ox
03-27-09, 11:23 am

fruit is no good on a keto diet.

Ox
03-27-09, 11:24 am
Hey Ox, What bodypart dom you like to train the most or what is your fav bodypart? And how is guy cisternino? Do you still keep in touch w/ him?

My favorite boypart to train is my chest even though it's one of my weakest bopdyparts. I don't know how Guy is, I don't speak to him much.

Ox
03-27-09, 11:26 am
Hello Ox:

I just wanted to know your take on during-workout nutrition. Do you think it's something that should consistently be in place. I know of Universal's Intra-Aid product, did you use it regularly last offseason? Or do you think the Torrent shake taken immediately post-workout is suffice? Thank you.

I think Intra-Aid is great when training in the heat and during bodyparts like back and legs. If your diet allows it, I think Torrent is great during training or immediately afterwards. If you're going keto style I love Nitro during training and cardio.

Ox
03-27-09, 11:28 am
yo evan, what type of person (somebody who carries more bodyfat vs. somebody who leans out faster) should or would benefit more from a keto diet pre contest? im about 11 weeks out from my 1st show and i dont think im leaning out as fast as i should, my diets on point that my nutrionist outlined and im doin 1 hour of intervals a day. i was thinking since my body likes to carry more bodyfat that i feel like im pissing in the wind dieting like i am and should be doing ckd. any recommendations?

Typically someone who holds more fat/slower metabolism is better on a keto diet. I think that if you're seeing some results, doing it slowly is ok. If you're not seeing any, somehting has to change. I'm not syaing you should go keto, there's more than one way to get lean. You have to figure out which way you think is best for you.

Mr. Aestheticz
03-27-09, 12:18 pm
Question?

Yes I have a question lol!

I take ANIMAL Omega in the AM w/ my Pack and Flex to cover my EFA needs!

So I was wondering in your eyes being I am in off-season weighing 212lbs right now and still going up, is 1 a day suffice enough or should I up it up to 2 a day?

Whats is your outlook and recommendation?

Fury317
03-27-09, 1:03 pm
Hey Ox, I was watching an old training session of you on MD where you tell Dave that while your dieting your dad would steal some of your food- my mom does the same damn thing when Im home! haha

Then you went on to say what I think everyday, YOU CAN EAT WHATEVER YOU WANT IN THE ENTIRE KITCHEN AND YOU CHOOSE TO EAT MY BORING ASS FOOD! Haha Drives me nuts man, youre not alone in that category. Does your dad still do that now that youre in the big leagues and weighing 300+lbs

Blunos
03-27-09, 2:32 pm
Hi Evan, what do you think of my keto diet plan that i hope to start in a week or so ? any suggestions ?

Maintenance Calories
200lbs x 12 cal =2400cals

Steady Loss
Deduct 10% =2160cals

Protein 40% =864 cals
Fats 60% =1296 cals

Meal 1: 7 Whole Eggs

Meal 2: Protein Isolate Shake 60g with 25g extra virgin olive oil

Meal 3: 250g Fish (cooked weight) with 25g extra virgin olive oil

Meal 4: 250g Fish (cooked weight) with 25g extra virgin olive oil

Meal 5: 7 Whole Eggs

Protein: 215g Fats: 144g Calories: 2160 ish

IronWilson
03-27-09, 4:34 pm
Ox,

I was watching one of your arm training sessions at Muscular Development and you mentioned that you warmed up with rope pressdowns to warm up your wrists. I tried it today and it worked so awesome. I went right to closed-grip bench press and my wrists didn't hurt like they usually do. Just wanted to say thanks for the awesome tip and expertise.

Prmlb9d3
03-28-09, 1:57 pm
Ox i got a quick question for you cuz im startin my cutting cycle in 4 days and i was wonderin if its better to go cold turkey into the keto or slowly acclimate myself to it

Ox
03-28-09, 9:24 pm
Question?

Yes I have a question lol!

I take ANIMAL Omega in the AM w/ my Pack and Flex to cover my EFA needs!

So I was wondering in your eyes being I am in off-season weighing 212lbs right now and still going up, is 1 a day suffice enough or should I up it up to 2 a day?

Whats is your outlook and recommendation?

I would shoot for two paks a day if possible bro. It will only help to keep your body supplied witrh the EFAs it needs for growth, repair, and overall health.

Ox
03-28-09, 9:26 pm
Hey Ox, I was watching an old training session of you on MD where you tell Dave that while your dieting your dad would steal some of your food- my mom does the same damn thing when Im home! haha

Then you went on to say what I think everyday, YOU CAN EAT WHATEVER YOU WANT IN THE ENTIRE KITCHEN AND YOU CHOOSE TO EAT MY BORING ASS FOOD! Haha Drives me nuts man, youre not alone in that category. Does your dad still do that now that youre in the big leagues and weighing 300+lbs

C'mon man doesn't that drive you nuts?! It's like what the fuck?! Lately he's been cool...he knows I get pissed!

Ox
03-28-09, 9:27 pm
Hi Evan, what do you think of my keto diet plan that i hope to start in a week or so ? any suggestions ?

Maintenance Calories
200lbs x 12 cal =2400cals

Steady Loss
Deduct 10% =2160cals

Protein 40% =864 cals
Fats 60% =1296 cals

Meal 1: 7 Whole Eggs

Meal 2: Protein Isolate Shake 60g with 25g extra virgin olive oil

Meal 3: 250g Fish (cooked weight) with 25g extra virgin olive oil

Meal 4: 250g Fish (cooked weight) with 25g extra virgin olive oil

Meal 5: 7 Whole Eggs

Protein: 215g Fats: 144g Calories: 2160 ish

I would shoot eliminate one of those egg meals and put in some red meat or something. Other than that, get started and see how it goes and make adjustments as needed. Looks like a good place to start though.

Ox
03-28-09, 9:28 pm
Ox,

I was watching one of your arm training sessions at Muscular Development and you mentioned that you warmed up with rope pressdowns to warm up your wrists. I tried it today and it worked so awesome. I went right to closed-grip bench press and my wrists didn't hurt like they usually do. Just wanted to say thanks for the awesome tip and expertise.

That's really good to hear man. I'm glad that worked for you!

Ox
03-28-09, 9:28 pm
Ox i got a quick question for you cuz im startin my cutting cycle in 4 days and i was wonderin if its better to go cold turkey into the keto or slowly acclimate myself to it

Maybe if you want to drop the carbs out over the course of a week that's cool but I wouldn't waste any more time than that.

Fury317
03-28-09, 10:06 pm
C'mon man doesn't that drive you nuts?! It's like what the fuck?! Lately he's been cool...he knows I get pissed!

Hell yeah it does! Good to hear your pops has been easing off.

How's the diet going man? You were looking nasty at the Arnold, I can only imagine what you look like now. What is it- about 6 weeks out now?

cmtz429
03-29-09, 1:07 am
Ox, I like chest , too. I want to do heavy squats, but I can't seem to go passed parallel. What technique did you use to get passed a certain weight? I do 315 parallel for 6-8. I want to go lower and heavier.

Elite
03-29-09, 7:00 am
Hey Ev, this look ok?

w/Meal#1
CLA (Conjugated Linoleic Acid 80% (derived from Safflowers) - 2000mg
Sesamin (Ultra Pure Sesame Oil (standardised to 500mg sesamin) -1000mg

w/Meal#3
1000mg Fish Oil x3
1000mg Ev Prim/Starflower Oil x1

w/Meal#5

w/Meal#7

The CLA/Sesamin is taken at the recommended dosage.
Im Bulking at 205. I know the old chestnut of 'Just use Omega' could be tossed my way, believe me if it wasnt £30 per tin i would, but for me this is more cost efective and allows me to buy PAK & Nitro, whilst also getting a higher recommended dose of CLA/Sesamin spread throughout the day. As someone who isnt on Omega, do you think this looks good? Fish Oil/Ev Prim/Starflower Oil dose look ok?

Thanks

Maiden69
03-29-09, 10:45 am
Evan, first of how, how's it going! I was reading the MD article about your diet. I'm very interested to know how it's going! I know you have drop a great amount of fat already from the pics. I'm doing something similar for about 3 weeks now. I add a cup of rice to my 4 eggs in the morning, then add a cup of rice to my pre WO meal, and then I begin to have my Torrent after the WO. I used to drink a shake before the WO, but I'm trying to time it so that I get a solid meal before. Since doing that my WO have been SOLID! I want to add a little more mass, I know that I'm still fat (about 18%), but I want to be bigger than what I am. Also I plan on adding Real Gains as a meal replacement in the near future, but not at full dose, maybe 2-2.5 scoops. My macros are about 225p, 110f, 150c. Fats and proteins are splited into 6 meals, while the carbs are like posted above. My stats right now are 216 @ 18%bf, 39 yo. I'm running a 5 day split
chest
back
shoulders
rest
arms
legs
rest and repeat
I'm keeping my WO within 12 working sets (for arms 8 sets per muscle group) not counting the warm ups and keeping the time to about 1hr. And I have been following what you posted before about after warm up, going to my heavy set, then try to keep up there. Most of the times I strip some weight. Enough for me to do 8-10 reps. And I have been incorporating super sets on most WO (mostly chest, back, shoulders, tris). Do you think that the macros and WO's are OK? I could post detail WO, but that will be a very long post. I will try to write it on PDF or Word and post a link. For cardio, I'm doing 30 min swimming every other day at low intensity, about 800-1000 meters in that time, so very slow swimming. My main concern is staying close to 18-22% while gaining a few pounds of muscle in the next few months. I have to stay below 24% to stay compliant with the Army regulations at my age. Once I gain some decent amount, then back on Keto. There are a few contest in the Military, and I'm thinking about it! I have seen improvements in the last few months that I have never thought possible. Thanks for all the help Bro!!!

RICER88
03-29-09, 6:17 pm
Hey Ox
I am a huge fan been reading the thread start to finish for the last week. Its great that you take time to help everyone out. I know your busy getting ready for the NY pro, but when you get a chance could you check out my diet? I am currently bulking, want to try the 1:1:1 ratio and see if I can up my mass even more. Currently I am 21 years old, around 180 lbs about 12-15% bf. I want to hit 200lbs before I do a practice contest diet.

Meal 1 (8am)
1 3/4 scoop power whey
1 pack oat meal
2 tbsp natty pb
pak + omega

Meal 2 (11am)
4 eggs
2 liquid egg whites
1 large banana

! pack Nitro during work out

Meal 3 post work out (130 pm)
1 serving torrent plus Nitro
20 min later
1 scoop power whey
2tbsp natty pb
1 pack oatmeal

Meal 4(3pm)
7 oz chicken
3/4 cup brown rice
1 cup greens
1 tbsp EVOO

Meal 5 (6pm)
1 3/4 scoops power whey
1 pack oatmeal
2 tbsp natty pb

Meal 6 (9pm)
6 oz lean ground beef (15% or less)
7 oz potato
1 cup greens

Also thinking about trying Intra Aid and storm, I feel I need a break from NO boosters as I have been on one for the better part of the year. Please let me know what you think when you have a chance.

Thanks man

Ricer

Ox
03-29-09, 8:05 pm
Hell yeah it does! Good to hear your pops has been easing off.

How's the diet going man? You were looking nasty at the Arnold, I can only imagine what you look like now. What is it- about 6 weeks out now?

The prep is going really well man. 7 weeks out right now!

Ox
03-29-09, 8:07 pm
Ox, I like chest , too. I want to do heavy squats, but I can't seem to go passed parallel. What technique did you use to get passed a certain weight? I do 315 parallel for 6-8. I want to go lower and heavier.

Practice makes perfect :) Maybe you should try widening out your stance a little bit, leaning back on your heals, and sticking your ass out, and keeping your knees wide through the movement. This should help you get down lower.

Ox
03-29-09, 8:09 pm
Hey Ev, this look ok?

w/Meal#1

w/Meal#3
1000mg Fish Oil x3
1000mg Ev Prim/Starflower Oil x1

w/Meal#5

w/Meal#7

The CLA/Sesamin is taken at the recommended dosage.
Im Bulking at 205. I know the old chestnut of 'Just use Omega' could be tossed my way, believe me if it wasnt £30 per tin i would, but for me this is more cost efective and allows me to buy PAK & Nitro, whilst also getting a higher recommended dose of CLA/Sesamin spread throughout the day. As someone who isnt on Omega, do you think this looks good? Fish Oil/Ev Prim/Starflower Oil dose look ok?

Thanks

Do you mean Safflower or is there such a thing as Starflower? Either way, i would break up your doses more evenly. For example, instead of having 3 x 1000mg of fish oil at once, spread it out throughout the day. Otherwise it looks good.

Ox
03-29-09, 8:16 pm
Is this the first thread on the site to have 100,000 views?!!!

Elite
03-29-09, 8:22 pm
Do you mean Safflower or is there such a thing as Starflower? Either way, i would break up your doses more evenly. For example, instead of having 3 x 1000mg of fish oil at once, spread it out throughout the day. Otherwise it looks good.

Starflower Oil = Borage Oil
Thanks Chief, will split up the fish oil into 2000mg twice daily.

Indeed it is, congratulations!

G Diesel
03-30-09, 9:38 am

Congrats ya big freak... You passed my thread at 100mph, like I was parked on the side of the road. Hope the diet is going well and the cardio is all you dreamed it would be. Haha.

Peace, G

Ashouk
03-30-09, 12:37 pm
Hello Ox:

I just wanted to ask you about something to make sure if that's ok or not. Every week when I train back, I experience soreness not only in my back but also in the rear head of my shoulders. It seems they always get shot after all the pulldown and rowing movements. Is that normal or do I need to readjust my form? Thank you for your time.

LittleMan55
03-30-09, 1:04 pm

When I grow up I want to be like Ox!

Cant wait to see pics from NY bro. You are going to look SICK!!! Hope the diet is going well, and thump that f*in DREADMILL to death bro...

Mr. Aestheticz
03-30-09, 1:58 pm

I HEARD THEY WERE HAVING CAKE AND ICE CREAM FOR YOU TO CELEBRATE :0)

LMAO!

BigFeitz
03-30-09, 2:09 pm
hey ox, i have to say you have an excelltent v-taper. what kind of exercises do you do for your width?

G Diesel
03-30-09, 3:51 pm

LMAO!

Evan hasn't had cake and ice cream since his 11th birthday... He has evolved beyond regular human urges for junk food. Haha.

Peace, G

Maiden69
03-30-09, 4:07 pm

Congrat's Big Bro!

Mickey
03-30-09, 10:53 pm
First of all, I have to give you props bro. Your level of development is amazing, showing you have knowledge to go along with dedication. I have something that I would like to get your opinion on...

I'm trying to add mass to my calves (who isn't?). I switch my up my workouts, varying reps, sets, and exercises (I have found through trial and error that muscle confusion works well for me). I also lift in wrestling shoes (as I have seen you do) to get a better range of motion. The question I had was if you believe that using different foot positioning (toes pointed in, out, or straight ahead) will help my calf development or is it just wasted time and energy? Thanks for reading my post, greatly appreciate it! Best of luck to you in the future!

sjchris408
04-01-09, 1:35 am
Hey there ox I know you're busy doing your show prep but I'm following the keto diet right now and I had three quick questions on it:

1) Is it okay to rotate lean cuts of steak with the fat cut off in place of chicken/fish sometimes?

2) During the cheat meal, does it matter if the carbs you take in are low glycemic or higher glycemic (brown rice vs. white rice).

3) If you're incorporating low intensity cardio, should you do it in the morning on empty stomach (with the exception of maybe a nitro pak), after weight training, or some other time?

Thanks bro!!

Mr. Aestheticz
04-01-09, 7:46 pm
Evan hasn't had cake and ice cream since his 11th birthday... He has evolved beyond regular human urges for junk food. Haha.

Peace, G

LMAO WE CAN'T SAY THE SAME FOR BIG AL HE PROLLY HAD CAKE AND ICE CREAM 30 MINUTES AGO LOL

Ox
04-02-09, 11:30 am
Evan, first of how, how's it going! I was reading the MD article about your diet. I'm very interested to know how it's going! I know you have drop a great amount of fat already from the pics. I'm doing something similar for about 3 weeks now. I add a cup of rice to my 4 eggs in the morning, then add a cup of rice to my pre WO meal, and then I begin to have my Torrent after the WO. I used to drink a shake before the WO, but I'm trying to time it so that I get a solid meal before. Since doing that my WO have been SOLID! I want to add a little more mass, I know that I'm still fat (about 18%), but I want to be bigger than what I am. Also I plan on adding Real Gains as a meal replacement in the near future, but not at full dose, maybe 2-2.5 scoops. My macros are about 225p, 110f, 150c. Fats and proteins are splited into 6 meals, while the carbs are like posted above. My stats right now are 216 @ 18%bf, 39 yo. I'm running a 5 day split
chest
back
shoulders
rest
arms
legs
rest and repeat
I'm keeping my WO within 12 working sets (for arms 8 sets per muscle group) not counting the warm ups and keeping the time to about 1hr. And I have been following what you posted before about after warm up, going to my heavy set, then try to keep up there. Most of the times I strip some weight. Enough for me to do 8-10 reps. And I have been incorporating super sets on most WO (mostly chest, back, shoulders, tris). Do you think that the macros and WO's are OK? I could post detail WO, but that will be a very long post. I will try to write it on PDF or Word and post a link. For cardio, I'm doing 30 min swimming every other day at low intensity, about 800-1000 meters in that time, so very slow swimming. My main concern is staying close to 18-22% while gaining a few pounds of muscle in the next few months. I have to stay below 24% to stay compliant with the Army regulations at my age. Once I gain some decent amount, then back on Keto. There are a few contest in the Military, and I'm thinking about it! I have seen improvements in the last few months that I have never thought possible. Thanks for all the help Bro!!!

The diet is going well thanks. I've never seen you train but from what you've told me it sounds good. The main thing is not always what you do but how you do it. You need intensity and you need to push it far! You need to split up your leg training and go all out on both days. I would up your protein by about 100g and drop your fats by 50g. YOU NEED TO TRAIN HARD! If you don't, your diet and any supplemetns wont work anyways. TRAIN HARD!

Ox
04-02-09, 11:32 am
Hey Ox
I am a huge fan been reading the thread start to finish for the last week. Its great that you take time to help everyone out. I know your busy getting ready for the NY pro, but when you get a chance could you check out my diet? I am currently bulking, want to try the 1:1:1 ratio and see if I can up my mass even more. Currently I am 21 years old, around 180 lbs about 12-15% bf. I want to hit 200lbs before I do a practice contest diet.

Meal 1 (8am)
1 3/4 scoop power whey
1 pack oat meal
2 tbsp natty pb
pak + omega

Meal 2 (11am)
4 eggs
2 liquid egg whites
1 large banana

20 min later
1 scoop power whey
2tbsp natty pb
1 pack oatmeal

Meal 4(3pm)
7 oz chicken
3/4 cup brown rice
1 cup greens
1 tbsp EVOO

Meal 5 (6pm)
1 3/4 scoops power whey
1 pack oatmeal
2 tbsp natty pb

Meal 6 (9pm)
7 oz potato
1 cup greens

Also thinking about trying Intra Aid and storm, I feel I need a break from NO boosters as I have been on one for the better part of the year. Please let me know what you think when you have a chance.

Thanks man

Ricer

It looks good but you need more solid foods. Add in some more meat and chicken. If you bust your ass in the gym it will work. Intra-Aid is a great product...especially in the heat and for bodyparts like legs and back when you really bust your gut. Storm is also a great product.

Ox
04-02-09, 11:33 am
Congrats ya big freak... You passed my thread at 100mph, like I was parked on the side of the road. Hope the diet is going well and the cardio is all you dreamed it would be. Haha.

Peace, G

Haha :)

Ox
04-02-09, 11:34 am
Hello Ox:

I just wanted to ask you about something to make sure if that's ok or not. Every week when I train back, I experience soreness not only in my back but also in the rear head of my shoulders. It seems they always get shot after all the pulldown and rowing movements. Is that normal or do I need to readjust my form? Thank you for your time.

That's one of the best parts of training back hard...you develop great rear delts! Keep going.

Ox
04-02-09, 11:35 am
When I grow up I want to be like Ox!

Cant wait to see pics from NY bro. You are going to look SICK!!! Hope the diet is going well, and thump that f*in DREADMILL to death bro...

Hahaha...thanks bro

Ox
04-02-09, 11:35 am

LMAO!

Funny

Ox
04-02-09, 11:36 am
hey ox, i have to say you have an excelltent v-taper. what kind of exercises do you do for your width?

Just the regular shit...barbell rows, pulldowns, pullups

Ox
04-02-09, 11:37 am

Peace, G

Fact.

Ox
04-02-09, 11:39 am
First of all, I have to give you props bro. Your level of development is amazing, showing you have knowledge to go along with dedication. I have something that I would like to get your opinion on...

I'm trying to add mass to my calves (who isn't?). I switch my up my workouts, varying reps, sets, and exercises (I have found through trial and error that muscle confusion works well for me). I also lift in wrestling shoes (as I have seen you do) to get a better range of motion. The question I had was if you believe that using different foot positioning (toes pointed in, out, or straight ahead) will help my calf development or is it just wasted time and energy? Thanks for reading my post, greatly appreciate it! Best of luck to you in the future!

If it works, it works. I sometimes vary my stance and foot angle. I think the most important thing when training calves is getting ALL the way up on your toes and pushing the muscle as close to failure as possible.

Ox
04-02-09, 11:40 am
Hey there ox I know you're busy doing your show prep but I'm following the keto diet right now and I had three quick questions on it:

1) Is it okay to rotate lean cuts of steak with the fat cut off in place of chicken/fish sometimes?

2) During the cheat meal, does it matter if the carbs you take in are low glycemic or higher glycemic (brown rice vs. white rice).

3) If you're incorporating low intensity cardio, should you do it in the morning on empty stomach (with the exception of maybe a nitro pak), after weight training, or some other time?

Thanks bro!!

1. Yes that's fine
2. No. Eat whatever the hell you want.
3. First thing in the morning is BEST.

Ox
04-02-09, 11:42 am
LMAO WE CAN'T SAY THE SAME FOR BIG AL HE PROLLY HAD CAKE AND ICE CREAM 30 MINUTES AGO LOL

Lucky fucker

dyskee
04-02-09, 11:46 am
hey bro just asking, i have certain circumstances now and i decided to go keto for 4-6 weeks so a couple of questions:

1) can i eat sausage as a source of protien?
2) how many grams of fiber should i get to prevent constipation? - last year i was suffering on a low carb diet-

3) i have to go 2 weeks at first before cheating right??

sorry for the rush but i will really read all of this from the start

Ox
04-02-09, 4:35 pm
hey bro just asking, i have certain circumstances now and i decided to go keto for 4-6 weeks so a couple of questions:

1) can i eat sausage as a source of protien?
2) how many grams of fiber should i get to prevent constipation? - last year i was suffering on a low carb diet-

3) i have to go 2 weeks at first before cheating right??

sorry for the rush but i will really read all of this from the start

1. No
2. Supplement with 10-15g per day of metamucil and make sure to keep in some green veggies such as string beans.
3. Yes

Lunatic001
04-02-09, 4:44 pm
Ox,

how is the prep coming along? Maybe some pics, video updates? I read somewhere you are taking carbs in during this prep can you elaborate about this (don't worry if you can't answer it, I don't want you revealing your secrets)? Can't wait to see you onstage, wish you the best and Thank you for all the help you have given me!!!

Lunatic

RICER88
04-02-09, 6:19 pm
It looks good but you need more solid foods. Add in some more meat and chicken. If you bust your ass in the gym it will work. Intra-Aid is a great product...especially in the heat and for bodyparts like legs and back when you really bust your gut. Storm is also a great product.

Hey ox,
Thanks alot for the reply and taking time to look at my diet. If I were to make meal 5 the same as meal 4 would that look better? more solid food. I just got Torrent and Storm, now I am going to order the Intra Aid and give it a try.

Meal 1 (8am)
1 3/4 scoop power whey
1 pack oat meal
2 tbsp natty pb
pak + omega

Meal 2 (11am)
4 eggs
2 liquid egg whites
1 large banana

20 min later
1 scoop power whey
2tbsp natty pb
1 pack oatmeal

Meal 4(3pm)
7 oz chicken
3/4 cup brown rice
1 cup greens
1 tbsp EVOO

Meal 5 (6pm)
7 oz chicken
3/4 cup brown rice
1 tbsp EVOO

Meal 6 (9pm)
7 oz potato
1 cup greens

Let me know if these change look better.
Thanks alot man
Your going to kill it at the NY Pro

Ricer

Ox
04-02-09, 7:15 pm
Hey ox,
Thanks alot for the reply and taking time to look at my diet. If I were to make meal 5 the same as meal 4 would that look better? more solid food. I just got Torrent and Storm, now I am going to order the Intra Aid and give it a try.

Meal 1 (8am)
1 3/4 scoop power whey
1 pack oat meal
2 tbsp natty pb
pak + omega

Meal 2 (11am)
4 eggs
2 liquid egg whites
1 large banana

20 min later
1 scoop power whey
2tbsp natty pb
1 pack oatmeal

Meal 4(3pm)
7 oz chicken
3/4 cup brown rice
1 cup greens
1 tbsp EVOO

Meal 5 (6pm)
7 oz chicken
3/4 cup brown rice
1 tbsp EVOO

Meal 6 (9pm)
7 oz potato
1 cup greens

Let me know if these change look better.
Thanks alot man
Your going to kill it at the NY Pro

Ricer

Reverse meals 1 and 2. Add 6 more whites to the egg meal and get rid of the banana and put in 3 slices of Ezekiel bread or 2/3 cup of oatmeal. Add another scoop of protein to meal 3.

Maiden69
04-02-09, 7:28 pm
The diet is going well thanks. I've never seen you train but from what you've told me it sounds good. The main thing is not always what you do but how you do it. You need intensity and you need to push it far! You need to split up your leg training and go all out on both days. I would up your protein by about 100g and drop your fats by 50g. YOU NEED TO TRAIN HARD! If you don't, your diet and any supplemetns wont work anyways. TRAIN HARD!

Glad to hear the diet is going well. Got bad news thought, I thought I was going to make it to your show, but just got called this morning and my re-classification class was approved and it will start on May 8, and it is in Ft Huachuca, Arizona, and I will be driving down there.

I will start adding protein to my meals, I upped the carbs just a bit, and lower the fats too during this week. Basically the last 3 days I added Real Gains as soon as I wake up at about 5:30am right before PT in the morning. So that is 50g more protein and 85g more carbs which depends on your thoughts I can reduce the carbs on the other meals). The fats that I'm taking now are mostly from the meat and eggs I eat, also I mix the Real Gains with milk, so there is a little more macros from it. I have been training harder lately. I guess that it is the carbs that are giving me more endurance. Let me tell you, adding supersets is doing wonders! Last 3 days I have lost 1lbs, and it after adding the Real Gains! I think that it has to do that it is a 7th meal now instead of 6 so the metabolism stays running longer?

Once again Bro, thanks for all the help and feedback you provide us!

TortFeasor
04-02-09, 7:42 pm
Hey Ox, how's the pre-contest prep coming? I love the thread man, I have learned a ton just by sitting and reading through the posts here. Now, my question is how exactly to cycle off Keto? My last keto run got me down to around 208 (currently hanging around 218-220) and I added carbs in by putting 40g of oats in the first week, then doubling up the next. Pretty much slowly adding them back in until I got to 200ish of complex carbs(where I am at now). Any way to stop my weight from spiking the 10lbs, or is this pretty normal when adding carbs back in? Oh, this has happened both times when I did a 16 week keto cycle.

RICER88
04-03-09, 9:14 am
Reverse meals 1 and 2. Add 6 more whites to the egg meal and get rid of the banana and put in 3 slices of Ezekiel bread or 2/3 cup of oatmeal. Add another scoop of protein to meal 3.

Thanks alot Ox.
Hows your diet and training coming along?

Maiden69
04-04-09, 10:42 am
Hey Evan, I have been workig out a split for my legs like you suggested and I came up with this. What are your thoughts? Also, is it ok if I add a day of training to my split and work every bodypart every 8 days, or should I change it around? I have taken the shoulder days out and did them with shoulders, but that didn't work out to good for me. Also I have tried to hit them with Arms, but my arms are one of my lagging body parts so I don't know if that would be wise???
Hams
Warm up with light squats
SLDL x 4 working sets
Leg Press with feet high X 4 working sets
laying Leg curls x 4 working sets

Quads
Squats x 4 working sets
HS Hack Press x 4 working sets (like this http://us.commercial.lifefitness.com/content.cfm/hackpress )
leg extension x 4 working sets (this one I keep on the light side because of previous knee injury)

Working sets between 8-10 reps, sometimes down to 6 when I try to increase the weight.
So my new split could be
Chest
Back
Shoulders
Rest
Quads
Arms
Hams
rest and repeat.

FewL4no1
04-04-09, 6:34 pm
I think that it is assumed that if you've been around the gym long enough, you know that varying your workouts goes a long way in increasing strength gains and keeping your body guessing as to what you are gonna throw at it next.

My only question is, to what degree and how often should a person try and switch up their routines? I understand this is also a case by case basis, but as a general rule of thumb, what's the average amount of time you should stay on the same workout?

For me, I usually always switch the order of my exercises at every workout. Varying volume and weight also helps. And, of course, throwing in new exercises all together to hit the same muscle in a new and interesting way.

Thanks Ox. Stay strong brother.

Ox
04-04-09, 7:26 pm
Glad to hear the diet is going well. Got bad news thought, I thought I was going to make it to your show, but just got called this morning and my re-classification class was approved and it will start on May 8, and it is in Ft Huachuca, Arizona, and I will be driving down there.

I will start adding protein to my meals, I upped the carbs just a bit, and lower the fats too during this week. Basically the last 3 days I added Real Gains as soon as I wake up at about 5:30am right before PT in the morning. So that is 50g more protein and 85g more carbs which depends on your thoughts I can reduce the carbs on the other meals). The fats that I'm taking now are mostly from the meat and eggs I eat, also I mix the Real Gains with milk, so there is a little more macros from it. I have been training harder lately. I guess that it is the carbs that are giving me more endurance. Let me tell you, adding supersets is doing wonders! Last 3 days I have lost 1lbs, and it after adding the Real Gains! I think that it has to do that it is a 7th meal now instead of 6 so the metabolism stays running longer?

Once again Bro, thanks for all the help and feedback you provide us!

Glad to hear bro. Just train hard! Push yourself unitl you want to throw up! That's the only way to make your body utilize all those nutrients you're taking in. Train like a pussy and you'll just get fat. Train hard, heavy and intense and you'll get bigger and harder.

Ox
04-04-09, 7:29 pm
Hey Ox, how's the pre-contest prep coming? I love the thread man, I have learned a ton just by sitting and reading through the posts here. Now, my question is how exactly to cycle off Keto? My last keto run got me down to around 208 (currently hanging around 218-220) and I added carbs in by putting 40g of oats in the first week, then doubling up the next. Pretty much slowly adding them back in until I got to 200ish of complex carbs(where I am at now). Any way to stop my weight from spiking the 10lbs, or is this pretty normal when adding carbs back in? Oh, this has happened both times when I did a 16 week keto cycle.

You don't need to cycle off it. If it makes you feel better, then just strat by adding carbs back in to the diet with three meals a day or so. I believe it's best to just eat the carbs with every meal off the bat. If you've dietted hard, you now need those nutrients to grow. Eat like a pussy and you won't rebound well and grow new tissue. Why would you want to stop your bodyweight from "spiking"? This is bodybuilding. Either eat and grow like a bodybuilder or take up modeling.

Ox
04-04-09, 7:29 pm
Thanks alot Ox.
Hows your diet and training coming along?

Going well thanks.

Ox
04-04-09, 7:32 pm
Hey Evan, I have been workig out a split for my legs like you suggested and I came up with this. What are your thoughts? Also, is it ok if I add a day of training to my split and work every bodypart every 8 days, or should I change it around? I have taken the shoulder days out and did them with shoulders, but that didn't work out to good for me. Also I have tried to hit them with Arms, but my arms are one of my lagging body parts so I don't know if that would be wise???
Hams
Warm up with light squats
SLDL x 4 working sets
Leg Press with feet high X 4 working sets
laying Leg curls x 4 working sets

Quads
Squats x 4 working sets
HS Hack Press x 4 working sets (like this http://us.commercial.lifefitness.com/content.cfm/hackpress )
leg extension x 4 working sets (this one I keep on the light side because of previous knee injury)

Working sets between 8-10 reps, sometimes down to 6 when I try to increase the weight.
So my new split could be
Chest
Back
Shoulders
Rest
Quads
Arms
Hams
rest and repeat.

For legs you need to train them hard and with intensity. All you really need for quads are squats. Get rid of all the shit you have and just go into the gym and squat for an hour. Do it until you perfect it. Maybe then you can add some other exercises. For hams you can do some leg curls and then just do stiff leg deadlifts set after set. That's all you need.

Ox
04-04-09, 7:34 pm
I think that it is assumed that if you've been around the gym long enough, you know that varying your workouts goes a long way in increasing strength gains and keeping your body guessing as to what you are gonna throw at it next.

My only question is, to what degree and how often should a person try and switch up their routines? I understand this is also a case by case basis, but as a general rule of thumb, what's the average amount of time you should stay on the same workout?

For me, I usually always switch the order of my exercises at every workout. Varying volume and weight also helps. And, of course, throwing in new exercises all together to hit the same muscle in a new and interesting way.

Thanks Ox. Stay strong brother.

You only need to switch things up when you begin to lack intensity. So long as you are training balls to the wall and to failure, you shouldn't NEED to switch things up that much. If you feel that you NEED to switch it up that much, chances are that it isn;'t the routine, it's your intensity.

dyskee
04-04-09, 7:36 pm
hey OX as promised i finished reading the anabolic solution, anyways can u pass by my journal and check my diet for the past 2 days?? i lost 12 lbs till now probably water weight but i just want to be sure.

Gambit
04-04-09, 7:40 pm
Hey Ox, how's the diet and contest prep going?

FewL4no1
04-04-09, 9:06 pm
You only need to switch things up when you begin to lack intensity. So long as you are training balls to the wall and to failure, you shouldn't NEED to switch things up that much. If you feel that you NEED to switch it up that much, chances are that it isn;'t the routine, it's your intensity.

Now that I think about it, you hit the nail on the head for me Ox. I get bored with routines, and thus I feel less motivated to do it. That will give me something to look for when I go to train: if I am feeling sluggish, I may need to drop in something new to up the challenge.

Thanks for the advice Ox.

Maiden69
04-04-09, 9:23 pm
Glad to hear bro. Just train hard! Push yourself unitl you want to throw up! That's the only way to make your body utilize all those nutrients you're taking in. Train like a pussy and you'll just get fat. Train hard, heavy and intense and you'll get bigger and harder.

For legs you need to train them hard and with intensity. All you really need for quads are squats. Get rid of all the shit you have and just go into the gym and squat for an hour. Do it until you perfect it. Maybe then you can add some other exercises. For hams you can do some leg curls and then just do stiff leg deadlifts set after set. That's all you need.
Thanks Bro! Will do that from tomorrow on! Quads tomorrow!
As for training every body part every 8 days, is that's OK? Or do I need to do a different split?

MrMuscles22
04-05-09, 5:37 pm
I know you don't use the ketosticks to measure if yoiu are buring ketones or not, but I am the kind of person that needs reassurance on this. Today is day 6 on the keto diet and the other day I measured my ketones and it said I was in the moderate level and the last few days it just keeps coming up with trace amounts of ketones in my urine. I measure them several times/day and it keeps saying this. I haven't been eatting anything other than whey protein isolate, steak, tilapia, green beans, brocolli every now and then (not a lot), cashews, olive oil, and macadamia nut oil. Now my question is, what is the ideal amount of ketones that should be present in your urine while on a keto diet???? I am down to 290lbs today, which is down from 305-309lbs @ the Arnold last month. I feel leaner and my hands and forearms are looking more vascular, but I also feel smaller in my arms and chest. So I am losing weight (mostly water I know) but I am affraid I am not deep enough in ketosis. Any help would be appreciated!

TortFeasor
04-06-09, 2:13 pm
You don't need to cycle off it. If it makes you feel better, then just strat by adding carbs back in to the diet with three meals a day or so. I believe it's best to just eat the carbs with every meal off the bat. If you've dietted hard, you now need those nutrients to grow. Eat like a pussy and you won't rebound well and grow new tissue. Why would you want to stop your bodyweight from "spiking"? This is bodybuilding. Either eat and grow like a bodybuilder or take up modeling.

Thanks Ox. Just got caught up in thinking too much, appreciate you setting it straight. Good luck with your prep.

corky
04-06-09, 2:44 pm
[QUOTE=Hikeon3;109185]Awesome Mr. Centopani. Truly awesome.

Out of curiosity, what does a high fat/protein day while you're cutting for a show look like? What foods do you consider a staple during this time?

Here's what my diet looks like pre-contest:

Meal 1: 6 Whole eggs (Eggland's Best)

Meal 2: 1.5 scoops Universal Egg Protein, 1.5 Scoops Universal Specialized Protein for gaining lean Mass, 2 tbsp all natural peanut butter

Meal 3: 8 oz chicken, 2 cups green salad, 1/2 cup raw almonds

Meal 4: same as meal 2

Meal 5: 8 oz salmon, 2 cups green salad, 1tbsp olive oli

Meal 6: same as meals 2+4

Hey Ox, Since Universal discontinued the Egg protein for this meal plan would the the milk and egg be the replacement or is there something that’s more fitting? i remember you saying no dairy so im kinda confused..

Ox
04-06-09, 7:20 pm
hey OX as promised i finished reading the anabolic solution, anyways can u pass by my journal and check my diet for the past 2 days?? i lost 12 lbs till now probably water weight but i just want to be sure.

Hey man..I flipped through your journey and have to give you props for the dedication you have and the progress you've made. However, I think that dietting, especially doing keto, should be the last thing on your mind. You need to grow man. You need to build your body and get bigger, not worry about your bodyfat. Take advantage of the time you have and your natural hormones right now and just grow!

Ox
04-06-09, 7:20 pm
Hey Ox, how's the diet and contest prep going?

Goin well bro. Thanks