PDA

View Full Version : Ox's Stable

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25

Ox
05-10-11, 8:29 am
Thats pretty weird, you think it's just from all the inflammation..? Your whole body is just swollen up hahaha.

How good does the NEW YORK pro look ! Ridiculous, Kai - Jason - Cedric and Flex Lewis in the 202's.. Should be interesting.

The New York Pro is going to be a great show. Who's your pick?

Ox
05-10-11, 8:33 am
x2 Evan is a dude I look up to a lot especially because you see where hes come from, he doesn't just say it's his "God given freaky genetics" that have got him where he is and he grew overnight.. Preaches hard work and dedication but more importantly being a good person, super big inspiration to young guys like us.

I appreciate that. I'd be lying if I said that my physique is a result strictly of my hard work. There is certainly a strong genetic component. But I will tell you this...before I started training I was fat and looked liked hell! There are some guys that walk around with abs and look like they spend hours in the gym and they never even work out. That has never been me!

Ox
05-10-11, 8:34 am
Awesome Brother! Family First. Im going to be at the Arnold Next Year for sure. Been dieing to bring my Girlfriend show her what this game is all about. Best of luck to you and your old lady with the Baby. I Just became a god father and the baby is always over to my house its definitely a blessing. its crazy how a baby can change your whole mentality, and its not even MINE!!

Hahahaha...everyone keeps telling me this baby is going to have me wrapped around her finger! We'll see.

Ox
05-10-11, 8:35 am
Ok, Soo i been taking it probably a half hour before training is done. i dont know if its the EAA Nitro or what been its been giving me a super upset stomach. not like a "I have to hit the Toilet" but just an uncomfortable Full feeling. should i mix it with like 8-12 oz of water? or what? i been puttin it in my half gallon of water and just sippin it slow. i dont know Lol

I'm not sure. Is it from the product itself or from drinking too much water during training? Do you always drink that much fluid during training?

Ox
05-10-11, 8:36 am
Congrats again on the baby, its got to be an unreal feeling to know you have a child on the way? Family first as all ways, but looking forward to seeing you at upcoming shows.

Thanks man.

Ox
05-10-11, 8:37 am
Just had a baby girl myself about 6 weeks ago...I wish you luck and hope your child is born healthy and with the proper number of tentacles!

-Ace

Hahahaha...as long as she's healthy that's all that matters! Congrats on the newborn!

Ox
05-10-11, 8:38 am
Oh i see, ive been using half a serving on training days and it feels great, i have no crash and doesnt affect my sleep, and no erectyle disfunction like the other pre workout drinks have haha.

And thanks for answering my other question about training frequency, right now im listning to my body, i keep my workouts to 20 mins by doing a bunch of supersets, low rest time, like 8 sets for 8 reps and 20 sec rest periods, im still able to train heavy when doing that and loving it!

Is MD going to tape some of your training soon? Like another Centopani week? Im sure you saw Jason Huh week, and it failed lol.

Sounds like you got your training on lock. Not sure what MD has in store but I'd imagine there's something in the near future. I didn't get to see Jason's vids. You didn't like them?

MRmichael.hooker
05-10-11, 8:41 am
I won't get ahead of myself and start thinking about an Olympia title...but some improvments are the goal right now so we'll see what what happens in the future. But I'm glad you think I have that potential. And thanks...Erica and I are both really excited for the baby! Peace

Congrats! And your attitude of not doing a certain show until you feel you've made the improvements you need and not just competing to compete, thats gonna take you a very long way. 29 and already top 4 at the Arnold, keep it up bro.

I would have to say Kai. He's the only one in the group who as of this year could Mr. O (not saying he will be, but he easily could give Cutler a run). Some of the other guys could win the O one day, especially Cedric, but not for a few years.

Hahahaha...everyone keeps telling me this baby is going to have me wrapped around her finger! We'll see.
Dude, you have no idea! You won't realize it until you miss your 1st meal because it's time for the baby to eat and it's your turn to feed lol. Then you'll be like 'shit, they were right' lol

Ox
05-10-11, 8:43 am
Oh yeah Evan how much BCAA's do you think its neccessary in the offseason and precontest? Obviously depends on diet and the person, but if you had to throw a number out there how much would it be? Oh and you do your cardio right after you work out right? I know some bodybuilders know train on a empty stomach to elict more of a growth hormone release to burn off fat and keep their muscle, have you ever tried that?

sorry for all the questions haha

I've noticed the best results precontest when using 30-40g of BCAAs intraworkout. Offseason, 25g PWO does the trick. I prefer to train on a light to empty stomach. I don't do it for the gh release (though I'm sure that can be a benefit) but because I feel better. I don't do cardio PWO anymore. I feel that after training is a time when I need to eat.

Back To Basics
05-11-11, 12:18 am

Hmm it's hard, I know for a fact Cedric in the future will look incredible and Jason has some of the freakiest wheels right now and chances are hes put some some good size in his off season so you never know but for now Kai looks pretty solid, I saw a video of him guest posing in Pittsburgh and he looked awesome so we'll just have to see how it goes. ANYTHING could happen though and thats the best thing about it.
What about you, who's your pick?

Back To Basics
05-11-11, 12:45 am
I appreciate that. I'd be lying if I said that my physique is a result strictly of my hard work. There is certainly a strong genetic component. But I will tell you this...before I started training I was fat and looked liked hell! There are some guys that walk around with abs and look like they spend hours in the gym and they never even work out. That has never been me!

I know what you mean man, Evan I've got kind of a little problem.. I read a post that you wrote a while back saying that as a kid and teenager you had problems with excess Breast tissue (Gyno), I was a fat kid too and I developed it than I lost like 50 pounds - ended up skinny fat too haha and it went away Until I decided on getting bigger and really eating to put on size and it didn't happen at first but eventually my old pal Gyno made it's way back. I didn't really know too much about my own metabolism and my body so when I started to eat my weight went up pretty quickly and I just grew quickly but obviously put on body fat too. Right now I'm 190 and I'm not lean or anything but I still just want to grow for ages, I don't literally have breasts but my nipples are just really puffy and it looks fucked up when I'm wearing just regular T-shirts. I don't give a shit about my body fat and I have no intentions of walking around campus in tight shirts and all stupid shit like that but if you've had it having it can be pretty intimidating especially when you walk around and people just stare at you.. I feel that either way even if I waste 3 months and lose loads of body fat that It will eventually come back or not disappear at all. What do you think? Just wondering if it maybe happened to you since we have similar metabolisms and body types. I feel like just growing man, and I'm in this for the long run.

Sorry that this post is long as hell, just had to explain my self before asking random questions which might creep you out.

its Lbc
05-11-11, 9:08 am
I'm not sure. Is it from the product itself or from drinking too much water during training? Do you always drink that much fluid during training?

yea pretty much for the most part. ill bring a half gallon of water. i dont always finish the entire thing but i do drink a ton of water while training. ive always drank a lot of fluids normally in a day i drink 1-2 gallons of water. but ive been cuttin it down. ive been in florida on vacation this past week soo i havent been using the eaa nitro but when i get back ill be back on it. but i have notice if i use it with a little less water i been feeling better. i dont know though it was weird. probably was becuz of th amount of water i was taking it with.

Carrnage
05-11-11, 5:15 pm
Sounds like you got your training on lock. Not sure what MD has in store but I'd imagine there's something in the near future. I didn't get to see Jason's vids. You didn't like them?

Yeah man, now all of a sudden it seems like my body is telling me to train only 3 days a week, with lower volume, i wish i would of listnened to my body years ago like i do now, i would look as good as you, jk hahah.

And Jason Huh's videos were not the best, one was a cool back workout with nothing but machines and partial chins......and the other was a half-assed leg workout (literally).....and the other was him cooking and eating rice.....and in the same video he fed his fuckin snake with a rat.....literally. lol.

And how does it feel to be bodybuilding's number 1 icon? If bodybuilding/fitness ever made its way back to tv/hollywood, youd prolly be fucking Angelina Jolie from the back everyday huh? hahahah just messin

Oh and whats your take for May 21st judgement day? If it is the end of the world, you should beat up Pj Brauny and show him who has the tighter glutes! hahahaahah

Ox
05-11-11, 10:13 pm
I know what you mean man, Evan I've got kind of a little problem.. I read a post that you wrote a while back saying that as a kid and teenager you had problems with excess Breast tissue (Gyno), I was a fat kid too and I developed it than I lost like 50 pounds - ended up skinny fat too haha and it went away Until I decided on getting bigger and really eating to put on size and it didn't happen at first but eventually my old pal Gyno made it's way back. I didn't really know too much about my own metabolism and my body so when I started to eat my weight went up pretty quickly and I just grew quickly but obviously put on body fat too. Right now I'm 190 and I'm not lean or anything but I still just want to grow for ages, I don't literally have breasts but my nipples are just really puffy and it looks fucked up when I'm wearing just regular T-shirts. I don't give a shit about my body fat and I have no intentions of walking around campus in tight shirts and all stupid shit like that but if you've had it having it can be pretty intimidating especially when you walk around and people just stare at you.. I feel that either way even if I waste 3 months and lose loads of body fat that It will eventually come back or not disappear at all. What do you think? Just wondering if it maybe happened to you since we have similar metabolisms and body types. I feel like just growing man, and I'm in this for the long run.

Sorry that this post is long as hell, just had to explain my self before asking random questions which might creep you out.

Hey man I can appreciate your situation. I got it at a really young age (12 or 13) I guess from being really overweight and then when I hit puberty it got that much worse. Even when I was in high school and I lost a ton of weight it was still there. It drove me nuts and made me very self conscious. I went to the doctor and he explained that it was excess breast tissue and that it was common. If it makes you that crazy and you've waited this long and even tried losing weight only to find that it's still there, I would make an appointment with your doctor and see what he reccomends.

Ox
05-11-11, 10:14 pm
yea pretty much for the most part. ill bring a half gallon of water. i dont always finish the entire thing but i do drink a ton of water while training. ive always drank a lot of fluids normally in a day i drink 1-2 gallons of water. but ive been cuttin it down. ive been in florida on vacation this past week soo i havent been using the eaa nitro but when i get back ill be back on it. but i have notice if i use it with a little less water i been feeling better. i dont know though it was weird. probably was becuz of th amount of water i was taking it with.

I'd suggest cutting back on the water intake during training. I wouldn't restrict it but I wouldn't chug it.

Ox
05-11-11, 10:17 pm
Hmm it's hard, I know for a fact Cedric in the future will look incredible and Jason has some of the freakiest wheels right now and chances are hes put some some good size in his off season so you never know but for now Kai looks pretty solid, I saw a video of him guest posing in Pittsburgh and he looked awesome so we'll just have to see how it goes. ANYTHING could happen though and thats the best thing about it.
What about you, who's your pick?

Kai is a FREAK. But Cedric IS the future and Jason has serious potential as well. At this level, things can go any number of ways.

Back To Basics
05-12-11, 4:25 am
Hey man I can appreciate your situation. I got it at a really young age (12 or 13) I guess from being really overweight and then when I hit puberty it got that much worse. Even when I was in high school and I lost a ton of weight it was still there. It drove me nuts and made me very self conscious. I went to the doctor and he explained that it was excess breast tissue and that it was common. If it makes you that crazy and you've waited this long and even tried losing weight only to find that it's still there, I would make an appointment with your doctor and see what he reccomends.

Thanks for the quick reply Evan, and yeah I got it at around that age too.. It drives me fuckin' crazy because of the fact that it's just there and I don't ALWAYS feel like wearing singlets and shit underneath. I'll be sure to make a trip to the doctor, for now I've just decided to accept it for what it is and continue growing because I don't want to think back and remember I half ass-ed a prime time to grow because I was scared of a little stares.

I've got a question about Nitro, I've recently bought quite a few cans and I was wondering If you think 2 or 3 paks Post workout + scopp EAA Nitro? I'm 190lb, I thought you know since you dose 3-4 packs and are 260+ - 2 packs might be enough for me?

Appreciate your feedback and time.

Back To Basics
05-12-11, 4:29 am
Kai is a FREAK. But Cedric IS the future and Jason has serious potential as well. At this level, things can go any number of ways.

Agreed, and since Kai switched Prep coaches it should be even more interesting to see how he comes in. Cedric seems like a super nice dude, his post Dallas interview and comments were great.

MRmichael.hooker
05-16-11, 8:07 am
Agreed, and since Kai switched Prep coaches it should be even more interesting to see how he comes in. Cedric seems like a super nice dude, his post Dallas interview and comments were great.

Ya man, Cedric was one of the instructors at the Army leadership academy I went to and I passed him in the hallway one day and shook his hand and told him i was fan. Well at my graduation, he met me outside the auditorium and took some pics with me and gave me some autographs posters & magazines, and a bunch of supplements (even though I never take Muscletech lol). He was extremely friendly. I work with his prep coach too now and he was sayin Cedric is just a straight humble and polite guy.

Back To Basics
05-19-11, 6:33 pm
Ya man, Cedric was one of the instructors at the Army leadership academy I went to and I passed him in the hallway one day and shook his hand and told him i was fan. Well at my graduation, he met me outside the auditorium and took some pics with me and gave me some autographs posters & magazines, and a bunch of supplements (even though I never take Muscletech lol). He was extremely friendly. I work with his prep coach too now and he was sayin Cedric is just a straight humble and polite guy.

Thats awesome man. You know I bet most of the pro's out there are great people, no doubt there is jerk offs and guys who are just pricks but that's with everywhere you go these days.

nickeas88
05-30-11, 11:55 pm
Hey Ox, can I mix 1 scoop of whey isolate with Shock Therapy, and drink it all for a pre workout? The protein isnt going to cancel out any of the complex's, is it? Also, is it going to matter if I take it exactly an hour after a meal? Because a lot of pre workouts say wait atleast 2 hours on an empty stomach before taking. Other then that, how's things man? Same ol over here.. I'm sure you hate getting asked that question.. Oh yeh, I got that poster you sent to me when I was deployed with that letter about Matt, its all framed on my wall.. See you on the other side brother

Carrnage
05-31-11, 5:34 pm
Yo Evan, whats your take on Volume training without going to failure? I know theres a alot of bodybuilders out there that did/do this, Like Silvio Samuel, Flex Wheeler....did you ever train like that? Do you think the nervous system would get fatigued enough that training like this 5 days straight would be counterproductive? I myself love to train brutally heavy to failure with a mixture of volume sets at the end, but i feel extremely depleted within going 2-3 days straight training like that. By the 3rd day its like my body shrunk down and my head got bigger lol!!! Basically whats your take on volume without failure? It sounds like a puss way to train but alot of the bodybuilding "greats" have trained that way.

Thanks man, oh Jason Genova has made new videos you should go check them out, their fukn' hilarious!

Ox
06-01-11, 9:00 am
Thanks for the quick reply Evan, and yeah I got it at around that age too.. It drives me fuckin' crazy because of the fact that it's just there and I don't ALWAYS feel like wearing singlets and shit underneath. I'll be sure to make a trip to the doctor, for now I've just decided to accept it for what it is and continue growing because I don't want to think back and remember I half ass-ed a prime time to grow because I was scared of a little stares.

I've got a question about Nitro, I've recently bought quite a few cans and I was wondering If you think 2 or 3 paks Post workout + scopp EAA Nitro? I'm 190lb, I thought you know since you dose 3-4 packs and are 260+ - 2 packs might be enough for me?

Appreciate your feedback and time.

Don't worry man...it will most likely straighten itself out. As for the Nitro, I think 2 Paks plus a scoop of EAA Nitro PWO will do the job just fine.

Ox
06-01-11, 9:01 am

Cedric is a really nice guy and he is very passionate about bodybuilding. I think he does a great job representing the sport in a positive light.

Ox
06-01-11, 9:03 am
Thats awesome man. You know I bet most of the pro's out there are great people, no doubt there is jerk offs and guys who are just pricks but that's with everywhere you go these days.

There are plenty of dickheads no matter where you go. But just the same, you meet some great people along the way and I have always found that there are a lot more good people out there than jerks.

Mr. Dead
06-01-11, 1:22 pm
Any idea yet, as to how your schedule is looking, for the NPC Washington State Iron Man...???

ZombiePower
06-01-11, 2:42 pm
i have been sleep depriving my body for the whole school year which is about 170 days i think is this why my body hasnt been gaining muscle like i want to i sleep at twelve o clocl but mostly end up sleeping at one o clock and wake up at 6 o clock does that have anything to do with how lazy i get and my lac of muscle gain?

Back To Basics
06-02-11, 4:20 am
Don't worry man...it will most likely straighten itself out. As for the Nitro, I think 2 Paks plus a scoop of EAA Nitro PWO will do the job just fine.

Awesome man, thanks.

Back To Basics
06-02-11, 4:31 am
There are plenty of dickheads no matter where you go. But just the same, you meet some great people along the way and I have always found that there are a lot more good people out there than jerks.

I agree, the majority of people are all really nice it's just the people who are asses stand out that much more.. On the boards over at MD i see a lot of trolling, but it's mainly from the SAME people.. And it's fuckin' sad because I bet these guys don't even train hard and have miserable lives. On a side note, you moving into the house yet man !?! I assume everything must be finishing up because you haven't been on the forums much lately, all the best bro.

Aggression
06-02-11, 10:12 am
Hope all is well, Evan. We should be up there on the 25th for the ABC; looking forward to it.

Once I get back to adding mass, I plan on prioritizing my chest and biceps, as they are the 'weak links' in my physique. I was considering doing what you had done in the past; I believe you only trained chest and another body part for a few weeks, correct? How did that work out for you? I planned on hitting chest+biceps twice per week. I also planned on hitting the rest of my body in 2 days (back/shoulders/triceps and then legs) just to give 'em a pump to keep 'em 'alive'. Anything tips/advice when doing something like this?

Polk17
06-02-11, 10:38 am
How was working out with Dorian Yates big man?

SuperFlexSteve
06-03-11, 1:48 pm
Hope all is well, Evan. We should be up there on the 25th for the ABC; looking forward to it.

Once I get back to adding mass, I plan on prioritizing my chest and biceps, as they are the 'weak links' in my physique. I was considering doing what you had done in the past; I believe you only trained chest and another body part for a few weeks, correct? How did that work out for you? I planned on hitting chest+biceps twice per week. I also planned on hitting the rest of my body in 2 days (back/shoulders/triceps and then legs) just to give 'em a pump to keep 'em 'alive'. Anything tips/advice when doing something like this?

Definitely looking forward to Evan's take on this.

mass3011
06-04-11, 4:27 am
Ox what's your views on training to failure on every set? Is this something you do?
Mass

Carrnage
06-05-11, 1:22 am
Yo Evan heres the latest Jason Genova aka the spaniard video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNNjnbSUJUs

Ox
06-06-11, 6:35 pm
Any idea yet, as to how your schedule is looking, for the NPC Washington State Iron Man...???

I don't know. I'm not sure when I'm flying in etc

Ox
06-06-11, 6:37 pm
i have been sleep depriving my body for the whole school year which is about 170 days i think is this why my body hasnt been gaining muscle like i want to i sleep at twelve o clocl but mostly end up sleeping at one o clock and wake up at 6 o clock does that have anything to do with how lazy i get and my lac of muscle gain?

Yes

Ox
06-06-11, 6:38 pm
I agree, the majority of people are all really nice it's just the people who are asses stand out that much more.. On the boards over at MD i see a lot of trolling, but it's mainly from the SAME people.. And it's fuckin' sad because I bet these guys don't even train hard and have miserable lives. On a side note, you moving into the house yet man !?! I assume everything must be finishing up because you haven't been on the forums much lately, all the best bro.

Hahahaha...some people just suck at life. What can you do? All the furniture was delivered this weekend so this week is a big week...time to start moving in!

Ox
06-06-11, 6:41 pm

Yeah buddy! See you in New Haven! The times when I decided to train my chest back and legs only I experienced great results. The reason this works so well is because you can go out all on training days and have a day of rest before and after each training day. The intensity on training days + lots of food + rest = growth.

Ox
06-06-11, 6:42 pm
How was working out with Dorian Yates big man?

It was cool. His style of forced reps and going to failure is great and makes a lot of sense to me.

Ox
06-06-11, 6:45 pm
Ox what's your views on training to failure on every set? Is this something you do?
Mass

I think that all working sets should be taken to failure. I do sets that are not to failure but I consider those warmups. Otyherwise, what is the purpsoe of doing a set where you don't go to failure? Saying to yourself, "I'm going to do 10 reps on this set" and then stopping at 10 even if you could have pushed through a few more and gone to failure doesn't make sense to me. Unless you do that to warm up or as a segway into the sets taken to failure, it doesn't have much use...it is not going to overload the muscle and therefore it will do nothing to help you help bigger or stronger.

Ox
06-06-11, 6:48 pm
Yo Evan heres the latest Jason Genova aka the spaniard video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNNjnbSUJUs

I don't know man...I think it's messed up. Unless the kid is just screwing around it doesn't seem like he's 100%. If that's the case, it's fucked up that people take vids of the kid and put it all over the internet.

TheWolf
06-07-11, 2:32 am
What did your last leg workout look like?
Thanks and best of luck with everything going on in your life right now!

Captain Caveman
06-07-11, 8:47 am
I don't know man...I think it's messed up. Unless the kid is just screwing around it doesn't seem like he's 100%. If that's the case, it's fucked up that people take vids of the kid and put it all over the internet.

X2 This video made me pretty upset. Humor at the expense of others that are less fortunate is a pretty fucked up way to get laughs. There are plenty of other ways to go about it other than being a complete tool. I had a feeling you would see it this way too, as you seem to be a pretty upstanding guy with solid morals.

Theonidus
06-07-11, 12:36 pm
The fact that Ox is willing to answer our questions and share his advice with us is more than enough convincing for me to sub on this thread.

Aggression
06-07-11, 3:55 pm
Yeah buddy! See you in New Haven! The times when I decided to train my chest back and legs only I experienced great results. The reason this works so well is because you can go out all on training days and have a day of rest before and after each training day. The intensity on training days + lots of food + rest = growth.

How long did you run that type of training for? Its hard for me to grasp the idea of not training the other body parts out of fear that they'll become much weaker/smaller. But the chest and biceps need to catch up!

Back To Basics
06-07-11, 7:43 pm
How long did you run that type of training for? Its hard for me to grasp the idea of not training the other body parts out of fear that they'll become much weaker/smaller. But the chest and biceps need to catch up!

Agg, I also got the idea from Ox and have been running 3 days a week for around a month in a half now.. It's the best decision I've made, it allowed me to be 100% ready to go on those 3 days without over training/under resting .. I know you want ox's opinion but thought it would be good if you heard it from someone else too. Plus you save money on supplements. :) PS. every once in around 3 weeks I'll just blast the other bodyparts quickly on the same days so they still getting stimulation.

Aggression
06-08-11, 9:26 am
Agg, I also got the idea from Ox and have been running 3 days a week for around a month in a half now.. It's the best decision I've made, it allowed me to be 100% ready to go on those 3 days without over training/under resting .. I know you want ox's opinion but thought it would be good if you heard it from someone else too. Plus you save money on supplements. :) PS. every once in around 3 weeks I'll just blast the other bodyparts quickly on the same days so they still getting stimulation.

Awesome. Yeah I was wondering if/when you would hit the other body parts, if at all. Throwing them in once every 3 weeks sounds like a decent idea. I just worried about the loss of strength/mass while 'neglecting' them. Have your 'other' body parts kept their size and strength?

Evan - what about you? Did your other body parts keep their size/strength?

Bruiser
06-08-11, 10:16 am
X2 This video made me pretty upset. Humor at the expense of others that are less fortunate is a pretty fucked up way to get laughs. There are plenty of other ways to go about it other than being a complete tool. I had a feeling you would see it this way too, as you seem to be a pretty upstanding guy with solid morals.

Definitely. I have a 5 year old son with Autism and I'm amazed at how many people nowadays think it's okay to laugh at people less fortunate and/or with disabilities. The mentality of our culture in general is slipping into a sickness. It's not just the people that take the videos and post them, it's the countless a**holes that post comments on youtube about these people. The sad part is that these people are having children that they are teaching to be just as heartless. And those are the kids that my son is going to have grow up dealing with. I think Jason Genova is an inspiration. I would love to see a documentary on him about what he's overcome and what he's accomplished. At least there are a lot of good videos out there of Jason. He's an amazing guy and someone my son can look up to. Hell, someone I can look up to. Sorry for the rant.

Back To Basics
06-08-11, 7:13 pm
Awesome. Yeah I was wondering if/when you would hit the other body parts, if at all. Throwing them in once every 3 weeks sounds like a decent idea. I just worried about the loss of strength/mass while 'neglecting' them. Have your 'other' body parts kept their size and strength?

Yes they have, my arms have grown I know that for sure. My shoulders there is really no difference, they are not weaker or smaller. I still hit calves because they are legs, I just train them on back day. But yeah overall I was pleased to see that everything is still the same if not stronger/bigger/fuller.

And since I only train on those 3 days I'm able to use 2-3 paks of nitro and EAA nitro instead of just one pak. I think it makes a lot of difference.

DanTheMan
06-09-11, 2:10 pm
hey evan, quick question to see what your take is
i'm about 6 weeks out from my first ever competition (guys like you and those on the forum have finally inspired me to grow a pair and stop hiding behind powerlifting.. haha) it's an INBF show

I'm on a 5day training split, 3 days on, off a day, 2 days on, off a day repeat.

on my on days, beside leg day, I do the stairstepper for 40 minutes

on my off days however, I'm doing sprints and plyo... what's your view on high intensity cardio for contest prep?

mass3011
06-11-11, 8:20 am
Ox what you think about taking aminos while training? Do you think they are just used for energy or they protect the muscles??

mass3011
06-11-11, 9:22 am
Ox what you think about taking aminos while training? Do you think they are just used for energy or they protect the muscles??

GUNS
06-11-11, 9:38 am
It was cool. His style of forced reps and going to failure is great and makes a lot of sense to me.

I have trained this way in the past and have had really good gains from it, Are you going to incorporate this training style in your routine now?

Appollonian
06-11-11, 1:26 pm

Ox, I've read your thread and articles for some time now, but never had the 'guts' to post in here. Thanks for all the knowledge you've shared and the inspiration for others given.

I just wanted to ask a question about this topic as a few of my buddies and I have 'suffered' with this from around the same age (13 - 14). I was bigger at one point or another as a kid and have since gotten fairly lean, but the effect is small but noticeable to me. I think it's really just an unfortunate way my body stores fat, and since I haven't gotten below maybe 10% ever and don't want to yet as I'm still trying to get bigger, but I was curious to know at what bodyfat % could a person expect this tissue to become barely noticeable? Could I expect a noticeable drop at like 8% or so?

I apologize for troubling you but always appreciate information from someone 'who has been there'.

Thanks!

nickeas88
06-13-11, 1:40 pm
Current diet

M1 - 1c egg whites, 1 scoop whey, 2 oranges, 1 grapefruit, 3/4c dry oats cooked
M2&3 - 7oz cooked 90/10 ground beef, 10oz white potato, 3c spinach, 4 large carrots, 1/2 cucumber
M4 - 2 scoops true mass, 1 scoop protein
M5 - 8oz 93/7 ground turkey, 8oz sweet potato, 3c spinach, 4 large carrots
M6 - 8oz Turkey Bacon, 8oz sweet potato
M7 - 2 scoops whey w/milk

Heres the question. All the fruits and veggies I have in my diet are blended through a juicer that extracts the juice and discards the pulp. Its like taking blood out of a human body and leaving the corpse. What are your views on this method? I literally have NO room to eat fresh or cooked veggies after my meals. And I'd rather do this then spend 30-60 bucks a month on a "greens" supplement I can only take once a day.

Carrnage
06-17-11, 10:56 pm

True. I feel ya. I still see him being a top threat in bodybuilding if he starts taking it super serious. Dude actually has really good genetics, go figure lol.

Oh and Evan, whats your take on carbs? The glycemic index, it seems the brown rice trend is going away now bodybuilders are doing nothing but white rice, white potatoes. Obviously getting rid of gluten sources is a must.

MRmichael.hooker
06-21-11, 7:52 am
Oh and Evan, whats your take on carbs? The glycemic index, it seems the brown rice trend is going away now bodybuilders are doing nothing but white rice, white potatoes. Obviously getting rid of gluten sources is a must.

Im interested in this as well

Sprint
06-21-11, 8:54 am
Some awesome q's & a's in here.

Ox
06-21-11, 8:18 pm
What did your last leg workout look like?
Thanks and best of luck with everything going on in your life right now!

Just did it yesterday:

10 minutes on the step mill @ level 4
Leg extensions- 3 sets- 30, 25, 20 reps (this is a warmup to pump the legs with blood)
Leg Press- 3 sets- each to failure...between 12 and 20 reps each set
Lunges- 3 sets
Squats- 2 sets to failure around 12 reps

Ox
06-21-11, 8:19 pm

"Captain Caveman" could be the better forum name ever!

Ox
06-21-11, 8:20 pm

MONTHS! Been doing it since the Arnold.

Ox
06-21-11, 8:21 pm

Bro, if you bust your ass on those 3 days with the compound movements and do em ahrd and HEAVY, you will not get weaker on anything!

Ox
06-21-11, 9:22 pm
Definitely. I have a 5 year old son with Autism and I'm amazed at how many people nowadays think it's okay to laugh at people less fortunate and/or with disabilities. The mentality of our culture in general is slipping into a sickness. It's not just the people that take the videos and post them, it's the countless a**holes that post comments on youtube about these people. The sad part is that these people are having children that they are teaching to be just as heartless. And those are the kids that my son is going to have grow up dealing with. I think Jason Genova is an inspiration. I would love to see a documentary on him about what he's overcome and what he's accomplished. At least there are a lot of good videos out there of Jason. He's an amazing guy and someone my son can look up to. Hell, someone I can look up to. Sorry for the rant.

Yeah man it's definitely not cool. A lot of people are losers and feel better laughing at others. If all the dickheads out there put as much time into improving themselves as they spend fucking around on the internet they might actually be somewhere in life.

Ox
06-21-11, 9:27 pm
Yes they have, my arms have grown I know that for sure. My shoulders there is really no difference, they are not weaker or smaller. I still hit calves because they are legs, I just train them on back day. But yeah overall I was pleased to see that everything is still the same if not stronger/bigger/fuller.

And since I only train on those 3 days I'm able to use 2-3 paks of nitro and EAA nitro instead of just one pak. I think it makes a lot of difference.

Boom. There you go!

Ox
06-21-11, 9:30 pm
hey evan, quick question to see what your take is
i'm about 6 weeks out from my first ever competition (guys like you and those on the forum have finally inspired me to grow a pair and stop hiding behind powerlifting.. haha) it's an INBF show

I'm on a 5day training split, 3 days on, off a day, 2 days on, off a day repeat.

on my on days, beside leg day, I do the stairstepper for 40 minutes

on my off days however, I'm doing sprints and plyo... what's your view on high intensity cardio for contest prep?

Hey man congrats on taking the leap! As for cardio, different things work for different people. I would just say that you should keep a close eye on how you look and pay close attention to how you feel. If you start to look stringy/flat and your condition is not improving, you may be doing too much OR you may not be eating enough to sustain you for your training. But if you're staying strong, getting tighter and staying full, it can't be wrong!

Ox
06-21-11, 9:33 pm

I think that in a fasted state and when you're dietting aminos during training and cardio are the shit! It's a really basic and time tested practice and for whatever reason, a lot of people just don't take advantage of it. They can help keep you full and anabolic, give you sustained energy and can even promote fat loss. I know I'm always saying it but Nitro is hands down my FAVORITE product out there.

Ox
06-21-11, 9:34 pm
I have trained this way in the past and have had really good gains from it, Are you going to incorporate this training style in your routine now?

Forced reps, negatives, training to failure etc are things I have been incorporating in my training for the past couple years and I will definitely continue to do so.

BarbellManiac
06-21-11, 9:38 pm
How do you deal with a double chin during off season? I hate holding water in the off season, but it's necessary I suppose for the growth to occur.

Ox
06-21-11, 9:38 pm
Ox, I've read your thread and articles for some time now, but never had the 'guts' to post in here. Thanks for all the knowledge you've shared and the inspiration for others given.

I just wanted to ask a question about this topic as a few of my buddies and I have 'suffered' with this from around the same age (13 - 14). I was bigger at one point or another as a kid and have since gotten fairly lean, but the effect is small but noticeable to me. I think it's really just an unfortunate way my body stores fat, and since I haven't gotten below maybe 10% ever and don't want to yet as I'm still trying to get bigger, but I was curious to know at what bodyfat % could a person expect this tissue to become barely noticeable? Could I expect a noticeable drop at like 8% or so?

I apologize for troubling you but always appreciate information from someone 'who has been there'.

Thanks!

The only time it was almost unnocticable for me was when dietted way down for a contest...but as soon as I lost my contest shape, it became noticable again. However, what was noticable to me was significantly less than what it had been as an overweight teen. The only to find out is to diet down. You may notice that it's barely noticable and perhaps it will stay away. There are plenty of teens who develop it and once they fully mature and lose there baby fat, notice that the condition subsides. Good luck!

Ox
06-21-11, 9:41 pm
Current diet

M1 - 1c egg whites, 1 scoop whey, 2 oranges, 1 grapefruit, 3/4c dry oats cooked
M2&3 - 7oz cooked 90/10 ground beef, 10oz white potato, 3c spinach, 4 large carrots, 1/2 cucumber
M4 - 2 scoops true mass, 1 scoop protein
M5 - 8oz 93/7 ground turkey, 8oz sweet potato, 3c spinach, 4 large carrots
M6 - 8oz Turkey Bacon, 8oz sweet potato
M7 - 2 scoops whey w/milk

Heres the question. All the fruits and veggies I have in my diet are blended through a juicer that extracts the juice and discards the pulp. Its like taking blood out of a human body and leaving the corpse. What are your views on this method? I literally have NO room to eat fresh or cooked veggies after my meals. And I'd rather do this then spend 30-60 bucks a month on a "greens" supplement I can only take once a day.

I feel that eating the veggies is far more beneficial than drinking their juice. But if you just can't eat them then what can you do? Jucing them is better than having nothing at all.

Ox
06-21-11, 9:43 pm
How do you deal with a double chin during off season? I hate holding water in the off season, but it's necessary I suppose for the growth to occur.

If you where it right, it can be charming.

Ox
06-21-11, 9:45 pm
True. I feel ya. I still see him being a top threat in bodybuilding if he starts taking it super serious. Dude actually has really good genetics, go figure lol.

Really? Ha! I feel like every time I say I prefer white rice and white potatoes people give me shit. Honestly, the glycemic index is not really any different for either one. Just eat which ones you digest best and feel/look best eating.

Back To Basics
06-21-11, 9:47 pm
Hey man, I added 15g glutamine post workout. Did you ever think that it might interfere with the absorption of Nitro?

Since nitro is uncoupled, pre-digested and glutamine is not.

little nick
06-22-11, 3:30 am
Hey Evan

First wanna say how awesome it's been following your career. True inspiration man.

I just wanted to see what your take is on carb depleting then carbing up again the week before a show?

It's my first comp, been training for a good 10 years now. I'm really dry and lean at the moment being about 3 weeks out.

I'm getting advice from some guys that compete and they seem to believe in carb depleting, but my gut just tells me "you might get leaner, but ya gonna look like a string bean bro..ha ha"

Been carb cycling up until now and it's been working wonders.

Just wanted to hear your thoughts man, much appreciated.

Peace

Aggression
06-22-11, 8:40 am
Really? Ha! I feel like every time I say I prefer white rice and white potatoes people give me shit. Honestly, the glycemic index is not really any different for either one. Just eat which ones you digest best and feel/look best eating.

Right on. I heard you speak about this a few years back. Ever since then, I tend to use white potatoes and white/jasmine rice for my carb sources in the offseason. I feel much better when it comes to digestion and how I generally look. The best part about it is the looks/questions I get from people. They see me eating white rice and their first question is, 'Why aren't you eating brown rice, isn't white rice bad for you'? In a non-arrogant kind of way, I always respond with, 'Well, it seems to be working for me ...' And then I briefly talk about how one just has to listen to their body. If white rice makes you feel/look better, why continue struggling to eat a food that you hate [brown rice]? It blows their minds, haha.

Back To Basics
06-22-11, 8:21 pm
Right on. I heard you speak about this a few years back. Ever since then, I tend to use white potatoes and white/jasmine rice for my carb sources in the offseason. I feel much better when it comes to digestion and how I generally look. The best part about it is the looks/questions I get from people. They see me eating white rice and their first question is, 'Why aren't you eating brown rice, isn't white rice bad for you'? In a non-arrogant kind of way, I always respond with, 'Well, it seems to be working for me ...' And then I briefly talk about how one just has to listen to their body. If white rice makes you feel/look better, why continue struggling to eat a food that you hate [brown rice]? It blows their minds, haha.

There is A LOT of these kind of bro science/myths around, "Always eat red meat" "white rice is bad" "why do you need veggies" .. It's funny to hear people's view especially when they don't really know too much about lifting weights and eating.

mass3011
06-24-11, 10:28 am
I think that in a fasted state and when you're dietting aminos during training and cardio are the shit! It's a really basic and time tested practice and for whatever reason, a lot of people just don't take advantage of it. They can help keep you full and anabolic, give you sustained energy and can even promote fat loss. I know I'm always saying it but Nitro is hands down my FAVORITE product out there.

Cheers bro what do you think of atomic 7? What's your supplement plan like now?

iron junkie
06-24-11, 1:23 pm
Guys I'm just getting back into the game after layoff of 2 yrs training hard eating clean but a bit on the chubby side not good. My wife trains for fitness and while discussing the extra pounds I was talked into a spin class fuck me I have to say I was a lot bigger than most there but 45 mins of hell has anyone else tried it while cutting or getting back into shape .

Carrnage
06-25-11, 1:46 am

Oh right on!!

Hows the offseason going? Resting up right now? Or you still kicking ass in the gym and kitchen? Still training on a post contest 3 day split?

nickeas88
07-02-11, 12:12 am
I am going to start adding in a shake in the middle of the night since I wake up every night to piss.. What kind of protein would you recommend and why? I was thinking just a quick 20g shot of some kind.. Not sure whether to go with a slow blend or a fast form..

felipelpr
07-04-11, 8:20 pm
I am going to start adding in a shake in the middle of the night since I wake up every night to piss.. What kind of protein would you recommend and why? I was thinking just a quick 20g shot of some kind.. Not sure whether to go with a slow blend or a fast form..

I'm not Ox but I think it would affect your insulin, so it would mess with your natural GH.
That's my idea about it.

Ox
07-04-11, 9:12 pm
Hey man, I added 15g glutamine post workout. Did you ever think that it might interfere with the absorption of Nitro?

Since nitro is uncoupled, pre-digested and glutamine is not.

L-Glutamine is a free form amino acid and so are the aminos in Nitro. Neither are peptide bonded.

Ox
07-04-11, 9:15 pm
Hey Evan

First wanna say how awesome it's been following your career. True inspiration man.

I just wanted to see what your take is on carb depleting then carbing up again the week before a show?

It's my first comp, been training for a good 10 years now. I'm really dry and lean at the moment being about 3 weeks out.

I'm getting advice from some guys that compete and they seem to believe in carb depleting, but my gut just tells me "you might get leaner, but ya gonna look like a string bean bro..ha ha"

Been carb cycling up until now and it's been working wonders.

Just wanted to hear your thoughts man, much appreciated.

Peace

Thank you.

I don't believe in last week carb depletion and carbing up. I do believe that carb intake should be cyclical throughout the dietting process and that the athlete should pay close attention to the impact that carbs have on his appearance. The athlete should develop a feel for exactly what amount of carbs is necessary in order to look his best and the week before should just be a continuation of that.

If you've been having good luck cycling carbs then conitnue to do that. If you know that you look your best on a high day of 400g after a low day of 100g then there's no reason to carb up on any more than that. Just keep doing what makes you look your best throughout your prep.

Ox
07-04-11, 9:19 pm

Sometimes people have a hard time doing aything remotely close to "going their own way". People are afraid of making mistakes and that's okay but you have to try things for yourself to know. Just listening to and following other people will get you nowhere.

Ox
07-04-11, 9:22 pm
Cheers bro what do you think of atomic 7? What's your supplement plan like now?

Excellent product. It's got everything you need in there. Basic and effective. Right now for supps I run Pak, Omega (those 2 never change), 3 nitros PWO with a gatorade and 30g of glutamine. And lately I've been having a shake a day using Pro and Oats...I love that shit...the taste and texture is THE BEST, it never bloast me or fucks my stomach up and the fact that is is naturally sweetened makes it, in my opinion, the best protein I've ever used.

Ox
07-04-11, 9:23 pm
Guys I'm just getting back into the game after layoff of 2 yrs training hard eating clean but a bit on the chubby side not good. My wife trains for fitness and while discussing the extra pounds I was talked into a spin class fuck me I have to say I was a lot bigger than most there but 45 mins of hell has anyone else tried it while cutting or getting back into shape .

Never tried it. I'm sure it was hard as hell!

Ox
07-04-11, 9:26 pm
Oh right on!!

Hows the offseason going? Resting up right now? Or you still kicking ass in the gym and kitchen? Still training on a post contest 3 day split?

C'mon broski, ALWAYS kicking ass in the gym. Otherwise, theres no point in going. I'd sooner stay home and wash my car or cut the grass than go to the gym and train like a...

Training 4 days right now.

Ox
07-04-11, 9:28 pm

I'd opt for a few packs of Nitro. During sleep, your body is not good at digesting. Digestion requires work and your body is supposed to be at rest. Go for the Nitro and the aminos will be absorbed without having to be digested. That's the way to go in my opinion.

Back To Basics
07-04-11, 9:46 pm
L-Glutamine is a free form amino acid and so are the aminos in Nitro. Neither are peptide bonded.

Oh ok, you learn something new everyday. Thanks man, that's what I was looking for.

little nick
07-05-11, 6:41 am
Thank you.

I don't believe in last week carb depletion and carbing up. I do believe that carb intake should be cyclical throughout the dietting process and that the athlete should pay close attention to the impact that carbs have on his appearance. The athlete should develop a feel for exactly what amount of carbs is necessary in order to look his best and the week before should just be a continuation of that.

If you've been having good luck cycling carbs then conitnue to do that. If you know that you look your best on a high day of 400g after a low day of 100g then there's no reason to carb up on any more than that. Just keep doing what makes you look your best throughout your prep.

Thanks man.

I get you. Just going to follow my gut.

Nobody has ever said "Shit I should of never have gone with my gut feeling" lol.

Peace!

Ox
07-06-11, 8:52 am
Thanks man.

I get you. Just going to follow my gut.

Nobody has ever said "Shit I should of never have gone with my gut feeling" lol.

Peace!

Ha! That's true!

BarbellManiac
07-06-11, 12:14 pm
If you where it right, it can be charming.

How do wear it right? lol What's your off season bodyfat? Do you keep a nutrition journal?

Thanks a ton.

mass3011
07-08-11, 4:50 pm
Excellent product. It's got everything you need in there. Basic and effective. Right now for supps I run Pak, Omega (those 2 never change), 3 nitros PWO with a gatorade and 30g of glutamine. And lately I've been having a shake a day using Pro and Oats...I love that shit...the taste and texture is THE BEST, it never bloast me or fucks my stomach up and the fact that is is naturally sweetened makes it, in my opinion, the best protein I've ever used.

Evan you never fail to inspire me with basic shit that you belive in!

Ox
07-08-11, 10:11 pm
How do wear it right? lol What's your off season bodyfat? Do you keep a nutrition journal?

Thanks a ton.

With confidence of course. Don't know what my offseason bodyfat is...I don't believe in measuring bodyfat. I know how I look, need to look, want to look etc at any given time. I don't keep a journal.

DanTheMan
07-10-11, 9:06 pm
hey Evan-- bout 12 days out from my first ever show, INBF Southern States. Stoked beyond belief, made the leap from 8 years of powerlifting to my first time ever stepping up on stage and it's been a crazy ride.

anyways, quick question about Cuts and Universal Arbuterol.

My cycle of Cuts will run up in 8 days (4 days out from the show). When should I start the Arbuterol? Should I wait until after cuts, or start Arbuterol about 6 days out?

MRmichael.hooker
07-12-11, 12:21 pm
Hey Ox, just wanted to stop by and say great fuckin post in your MD section this month, especially the one about Cedric and the internet guys. I can't stand trolls who hop around the internet, go on forums just to run their mouth to guys. And like u said, Cedric was obviously good enough to win, but he looks at it and gets down on himself. Just glad to see someone lay it out and say it like it is, great section.

kc campbell
07-13-11, 9:55 pm
Congrats on your baby! So stoked for you man!

Ox
07-13-11, 10:24 pm
I'm now officially a father! My daughter, Alana, was born at 4:31 p.m., 7 lbs, 11 oz...she's absolutely PERFECT! I'm blown away right now. Winning bodybuilding shows is cool but this is so much better. Carry on.

Big_Country87
07-13-11, 10:52 pm
Congrats on the baby girl Ox I know that you ate the proudest man on earth right now. I got a nine month old and trust me everyday it gets better and better

Carrnage
07-13-11, 11:24 pm
C'mon broski, ALWAYS kicking ass in the gym. Otherwise, theres no point in going. I'd sooner stay home and wash my car or cut the grass than go to the gym and train like a...

Training 4 days right now.

Congrats on the baby Evan!

You still training lower volume and more sets to failure? or a variety of volume with it?

GUNS
07-14-11, 12:18 am
Congrats Ox!

Back To Basics
07-14-11, 4:46 am
Huge Congrats Evan and Erica too !

MRmichael.hooker
07-14-11, 6:35 am
BIG congrats to you and the new mommy. I really hope you've bought a bouncy, the little thing as simple as it is, is a gift from god. If you havent, hit up a consignment or walmart, NOW lol. Congrats bro, its an amazing feeling isnt it

Sprint
07-14-11, 8:32 am
Congrats man.

PIJW
07-14-11, 9:55 am
I'm now officially a father! My daughter, Alana, was born at 4:31 p.m., 7 lbs, 11 oz...she's absolutely PERFECT! I'm blown away right now. Winning bodybuilding shows is cool but this is so much better. Carry on.

Congrats big man, im sure you will have her spoiled soon

JasonG
07-14-11, 12:21 pm

You still training lower volume and more sets to failure? or a variety of volume with it?

I think the only low volume right now is his sleep! Haha Congrats Evan!

Universal Rep
07-14-11, 12:31 pm
Congrats, Ox... Best wishes.

BamBam
07-14-11, 12:48 pm
Congrats Evan! Praying for nothing but health and happiness!

God Bless-

IN IRON,
BB-

Lunatic001
07-14-11, 1:25 pm
Congrats Big man on your blessing!

shortstack
07-14-11, 2:06 pm
Huge Congrats brother. It gets better and more awe inspiring every day with a new baby.

Jeremy

felipelpr
07-14-11, 10:34 pm

CONGRATULATIONS!
I'm happy for you and your woman!
She will make a great woman one day

CARNIVOR
07-14-11, 11:41 pm
Congrats bro. Our first is due Nov. 6th! It's/she's a girl also.

The Landlord
07-14-11, 11:59 pm

Amen!! I think Erik will agree on this one ;) So glad she is finally here!

Survivor831
07-15-11, 12:25 am
Congratulations to you Evan. Being a father of a six year old boy, I look to him for strength and inspiration every day. He is a constant reminder of why I do what I do. There is nothing better...... All the best.

Phil800101
07-16-11, 2:25 am
Congrats to you and your lady Evan!

Flash419
07-16-11, 5:22 am
Congrats bro.... Enjoy the moment, it really is one of the best feelings on earth.

Don't blink though.. before you know it she'll be all grown up.

TheGreatWhite
07-18-11, 12:11 pm
I'm very happy for you Evan! I'm sure she's a beautiful baby girl!

J Wolf
07-18-11, 2:08 pm
Yo OX.
What are you thoughts on Layne nortons PHAT routine? I started my powerlifting routine a few weeks back. My meet is Sept. 17 (Push Pull). I am running into some troubles with my grip.. I was pulling 400 Strapped up but I can't seem to get 345 up. I am willing to try anything&everything for my grip problem. Please help.

Thanks OX

GUNS
07-19-11, 7:06 am
Congrats bro.... Enjoy the moment, it really is one of the best feelings on earth.

Don't blink though.. before you know it she'll be all grown up.

I second this. Both mine are in college. Time flew by. Enjoy every minute you can. Congrats Ox!

ToSo
07-19-11, 10:58 am
congrats to you and your family!

Ox
07-19-11, 12:26 pm
Thanks a lot you guys. I'm so proud right now! Man, I went to the gym for the first time since last Wednesday and I missed her so damn much I couldn't wait to get home. I NEVER carry my phone with me in the gym but I had to so that I could keep looking at her picture. I'm sure everyone thinks that their baby is beautiful but she really is FLAWLESS. And I just know that she is going to be so good at everything she attempts. Life is good and I'm a lucky guy.

Ox
07-19-11, 12:29 pm

Thanks. Still going the failure route. Once you start, it's hard to stop! It makes sense and I feel like it works.

Ox
07-19-11, 12:31 pm
BIG congrats to you and the new mommy. I really hope you've bought a bouncy, the little thing as simple as it is, is a gift from god. If you havent, hit up a consignment or walmart, NOW lol. Congrats bro, its an amazing feeling isnt it

Man, who would have ever thought we'd be sitting around talking about bouncies?! Life is funny.

Ox
07-19-11, 12:32 pm
I think the only low volume right now is his sleep! Haha Congrats Evan!

Ha! That and the tv!

Ox
07-19-11, 12:33 pm
Congrats bro. Our first is due Nov. 6th! It's/she's a girl also.

That's awesome. Everyone says it and it's true...get as much sleep as you can right now!

Ox
07-19-11, 12:34 pm
Amen!! I think Erik will agree on this one ;) So glad she is finally here!

Hey! It really is true though....NOTHING is better than this...we're talking a new life here! THAT is powerful.

Ox
07-19-11, 12:35 pm
Congratulations to you Evan. Being a father of a six year old boy, I look to him for strength and inspiration every day. He is a constant reminder of why I do what I do. There is nothing better...... All the best.

She definitely does inspire me and bring out the best in me...I can already see it happening. Thanks man

Ox
07-19-11, 12:38 pm
Yo OX.
What are you thoughts on Layne nortons PHAT routine? I started my powerlifting routine a few weeks back. My meet is Sept. 17 (Push Pull). I am running into some troubles with my grip.. I was pulling 400 Strapped up but I can't seem to get 345 up. I am willing to try anything&everything for my grip problem. Please help.

Thanks OX

I hate to admit it but I don't really know much about it. But I DO know Layne and I have a ton of respect for him and I believe he is very knowledgable. He is also practices what he preaches and is a product of it. Have you asked him for help with your grip strength?

BarbellManiac
07-19-11, 1:28 pm
Congrats, it was a great decision to sit out of the Olympia. The happiness of a child is far beyond any Mr. Olympia title win.

Solid Dreams
07-19-11, 5:11 pm
Hey Ox, congratulations on your baby!

I've been reading through this thread for a week or so while I tried to keep my account from getting kicked from the spam filter and I've been really interested by your ketogenic diet. My question is you say to use egg protein, and http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/univ/milkandegg.html is the only thing that I've seen that is sort of what you recommended. But it has carbs and includes milk, so that's a no go, right?

Also, if I use animal omega, should I keep using fish oil capsules as well?

So far it looks like I weigh 250, my lean mass is 195, and I'm going to do 292 grams of protein, 130 grams of fat. I've gotta figure out how to balance all that, but I want to make sure I get all the protein powders for the meal replacement shakes right first before I start attempting to figure it out.

GUNS
07-20-11, 4:34 am
Thanks a lot you guys. I'm so proud right now! Man, I went to the gym for the first time since last Wednesday and I missed her so damn much I couldn't wait to get home. I NEVER carry my phone with me in the gym but I had to so that I could keep looking at her picture. I'm sure everyone thinks that their baby is beautiful but she really is FLAWLESS. And I just know that she is going to be so good at everything she attempts. Life is good and I'm a lucky guy.

And Ox, that should be even more motivation. I know it is for me. And being a dad for over 22 years, it doesn't change for the Dads that actually give a shit. I still go to the gym, motivated as hell, to do my very best, and my kids are a part of that. I don't want them thinking I half assed anything. Bring that phone with you and look at her all the time. It should fire you up like never before. It should make you, and will make you better all around. Man, Im fired up just talking about it.

MRmichael.hooker
07-20-11, 1:23 pm
Man, who would have ever thought we'd be sitting around talking about bouncies?! Life is funny.

hahaha very true. i met up with a bunch of friends last week, and while everyone was talking about girls and stuff, my buddy Jake and I were talking about how much our kids poop while teething lol

Ox
07-25-11, 10:38 pm
Congrats, it was a great decision to sit out of the Olympia. The happiness of a child is far beyond any Mr. Olympia title win.

Truth! If I'm really meant to stand on the Olympia stage then I will qualify again in the future. But this baby will only be a baby one time!

Ox
07-25-11, 10:40 pm
And Ox, that should be even more motivation. I know it is for me. And being a dad for over 22 years, it doesn't change for the Dads that actually give a shit. I still go to the gym, motivated as hell, to do my very best, and my kids are a part of that. I don't want them thinking I half assed anything. Bring that phone with you and look at her all the time. It should fire you up like never before. It should make you, and will make you better all around. Man, Im fired up just talking about it.

Man, I think about her all the time. I tell myself that if I busted my ass in the past then I'm going to have to work even harder now because she's counting on me.

Ox
07-25-11, 10:40 pm
hahaha very true. i met up with a bunch of friends last week, and while everyone was talking about girls and stuff, my buddy Jake and I were talking about how much our kids poop while teething lol

Hahahahaha...awesome.

BarbellManiac
07-25-11, 10:59 pm
Congrats on the MD cover.

Back To Basics
07-26-11, 1:50 am
Congrats on the new cover !

Carrnage
08-06-11, 9:02 pm
Yo Evan, how come in your last md write up it seemed like you didnt enjoy training with Dorian?

Ox
08-07-11, 9:41 pm
Congrats on the MD cover.

Congrats on the new cover !

Thanks guys

Ox
08-07-11, 9:54 pm
Yo Evan, how come in your last md write up it seemed like you didnt enjoy training with Dorian?

I can certainly see how it might read that way and I wish I had worded it differently because I did enjoy the experience and appreciated the opportunity. I think Dorian's belief in taking sets to failure and the use of forced reps and other high intensity techniques is key. I also think that overtraining is something to be very cautious not to do. That being said, wanting to give an honest assessment of the training session, I felt that a few more sets would have been beneficial. I expected to be sore after the workout (especially after being up for over 36 hours between being up the day before, the flight over and not having slept once I arrived there) and was really surprised when I wasn't. I know that muscle soreness is not the only way to measure the effectiveness of a workout but usually if the workout was really challenging and hit the muscles hard, I will be sore. I also feel that for me, it's safer and more effective to do a full range of motion when doing deadlifts so I included that in the article.

As for the end of the article, many people felt that I was shitting on Temple gym and saying it was dump or that the equipment was in less than working order. I can gurantee you that was not how I meant it. In fact, I think Temple is a good gym and the equipment was just fine. What I was trying to comment on is how people will often look at a gym like Temple or Metroflex and single out certain things like a hole in the wall or the place being less than clean and associate those things with a place being hardcore. Temple certainly is a hardcore gym. Metroflex is no doubt a bad ass gym. But they are great gyms because of the people who train there and the atmosphere in the places. What kills me are wannabe gyms who claim to be hardcore and will mistakenly use the gym being out of order as being "hardcore".

Temple is a great gym and Dorian is one of the only bodybuilders I have ever looked up to and I have nothing but respect for him; obviously as a bodybuilder but I have been around Dorian enough to like him as a person and respect him as a man. I wish I worded the article better.

Firedrake
08-07-11, 10:29 pm
I haven't checked in in a while - and hadn't heard about the little one! Many congratulations! You're a lucky, lucky man, and you've got your head right about the Olympia and your little one.

I envy you this Journey of fatherhood you've embarked on. All the best!

Ox
08-07-11, 10:55 pm
I haven't checked in in a while - and hadn't heard about the little one! Many congratulations! You're a lucky, lucky man, and you've got your head right about the Olympia and your little one.

I envy you this Journey of fatherhood you've embarked on. All the best!

I'll toast to that! To the greatest journey of all! Thanks man.

TigerAce01
08-08-11, 12:02 am
Quarter of a million thread views!!

Just wanted to stop by and see how being a daddy is treating you?! Just had my daughter's baptism..have you gagged from the morning diaper yet??

-Ace

Back To Basics
08-09-11, 7:45 am
Mr. Centopani, Master of Bodybuilding.
haha J/K :D

What up Evan?

How do you feel about Epsom salts? You think it is a good idea to soak in them the day after leg day? I know they reduce inflammation but I don't want them to completely reduce the swelling which is needed for growth.. I don't think it really matters, but I just want to be sure.

How is life in the new house and the baby ?!

CARNIVOR
08-09-11, 10:54 pm
Yo Ox congrats on your daughter! My wife and I are expecting our daughter Nov. 6th. Yeah I'm with you on the picture. When we got our first ultrasound pic I put it on my phone and looked at it constantly.

Got a question. Along with a new baby I accepted a new job in Colorado bout 5 min. from Vail. We'll be moving early-mid Dec. STOKED. But out there there are no gyms as far as I have searched except the expensive Vail gym which I'm sure is very posh which I don't want any part of. But luckily my job is providing housing and we'll have a basement that looks like a dungeon from a horror movie...LOVE IT! I plan on buying the basics and building my own little sanctuary gym down there. What would you suggest I get? I figured a bench that could go from flat to incline and a squat stand that has low enough settings to where I can bench off it. Other than that I'd get an assortment of DB. All used of course:) Any suggestions?

CARNIVOR

Flash419
08-10-11, 1:39 am
Truth! If I'm really meant to stand on the Olympia stage then I will qualify again in the future. But this baby will only be a baby one time!

Enjoy your daughter bro.. the time goes by sooo quick. Don't blink or you'll miss something. One day your changing diapers, the next is her first day of school, first date, and then graduation day. And all you can think is WTF?? How did all that happen. LOL

Your days on an Olympia stage will be many I'm sure. It wont be long til your making those first and final call outs. Your definately one of the IFBBs future stars. You got the whole world lying ahead of you.. Enjoy! You've earned it.

Ox
08-14-11, 6:48 pm
Quarter of a million thread views!!

Just wanted to stop by and see how being a daddy is treating you?! Just had my daughter's baptism..have you gagged from the morning diaper yet??

-Ace

Aww man it's the best. I can't leave the baby alone...I have to pester her constantly. Hahahaha...no crazy morning diapers yet but there was a big blowout the other night!

Ox
08-14-11, 6:50 pm
Mr. Centopani, Master of Bodybuilding.
haha J/K :D

What up Evan?

How do you feel about Epsom salts? You think it is a good idea to soak in them the day after leg day? I know they reduce inflammation but I don't want them to completely reduce the swelling which is needed for growth.. I don't think it really matters, but I just want to be sure.

How is life in the new house and the baby ?!

I find soaking in epsom salts to be EXTREMELY effective. Aside from helping to loosen up tired/tight tissue and making achiness go away, it knocks me out if I do it before bed! I don't think you need to worry about it messing up your gains by reducing inflamation...definitely go for it. The baby is great man, thanks for asking. And it's awesome finally being in the house...now we really feel like a FAMILY! It's awesome.

Ox
08-14-11, 7:00 pm
Yo Ox congrats on your daughter! My wife and I are expecting our daughter Nov. 6th. Yeah I'm with you on the picture. When we got our first ultrasound pic I put it on my phone and looked at it constantly.

Got a question. Along with a new baby I accepted a new job in Colorado bout 5 min. from Vail. We'll be moving early-mid Dec. STOKED. But out there there are no gyms as far as I have searched except the expensive Vail gym which I'm sure is very posh which I don't want any part of. But luckily my job is providing housing and we'll have a basement that looks like a dungeon from a horror movie...LOVE IT! I plan on buying the basics and building my own little sanctuary gym down there. What would you suggest I get? I figured a bench that could go from flat to incline and a squat stand that has low enough settings to where I can bench off it. Other than that I'd get an assortment of DB. All used of course:) Any suggestions?

CARNIVOR

CONGRATS!!!! That's fantastic. Everyone told me this and I didn't listen but I'm telling you; Rest up while you can! You will never love sleep so much!

As for the gym, that sounds cool as hell. I dream about that all the time. I would go on EBAY and look for used commercial equipment for sale close by...close enough for you to drive there and pick it up. There's a LOT of good stuff out there and a lot of really great gyms have unfortunatly gone out of business and their equipment is available. You'd be shocked at how cheap you buy some of it. As for the essentials, here's what I would want in my own gym:

Good bars; Texas Power Bars are the shit. Even old beat up ones are probably not going to be bent. The new bars made overseas are crap.

Old York Plates; most gyms don't want em anymore because they're not pretty looking

Dumbells; the more the better but up to 120 in 5 pound incremenents is enough to get anyone started

Benches; one flat, one incline, one utility (adjustable), and one military.

A Power Rack- gotta have it for squats and deads

A cable set up- if you could score one with a cable row and pull down setup and two stacks for crossovers and other cable movements that would be great

Leg Equipment- A leg press, leg extension, leg curl and some type of calf raise.

Ox
08-14-11, 7:01 pm
Enjoy your daughter bro.. the time goes by sooo quick. Don't blink or you'll miss something. One day your changing diapers, the next is her first day of school, first date, and then graduation day. And all you can think is WTF?? How did all that happen. LOL

Your days on an Olympia stage will be many I'm sure. It wont be long til your making those first and final call outs. Your definately one of the IFBBs future stars. You got the whole world lying ahead of you.. Enjoy! You've earned it.

Ha! That's crazy to think of. That's all anyone says is how quickly it goes by! Thanks man, I appreciate the kind words. We'll see what happens!

Back To Basics
08-15-11, 3:35 am
I find soaking in epsom salts to be EXTREMELY effective. Aside from helping to loosen up tired/tight tissue and making achiness go away, it knocks me out if I do it before bed! I don't think you need to worry about it messing up your gains by reducing inflamation...definitely go for it. The baby is great man, thanks for asking. And it's awesome finally being in the house...now we really feel like a FAMILY! It's awesome.

Awesome ! They are great man, I picked up a couple little tubs of this stuff called "Athletic Body Care, Therapeutic muscle soak" It has a load of goodies in it and the stuff is all natural which makes it even better; check it out if you can find it around. I'm still to try just pure Epsom salt, this stuff already has some in it but yeah. I like it so far.

Good to hear about the family, hope everything stays that way.

Ox
08-16-11, 10:12 am
Awesome ! They are great man, I picked up a couple little tubs of this stuff called "Athletic Body Care, Therapeutic muscle soak" It has a load of goodies in it and the stuff is all natural which makes it even better; check it out if you can find it around. I'm still to try just pure Epsom salt, this stuff already has some in it but yeah. I like it so far.

Good to hear about the family, hope everything stays that way.

I will definitely check that stuff out. Any CVS, Walgreens etc and even smaller mom and pop pharmacies should all carry epsom salt.

naturalguy
08-16-11, 3:01 pm
Someone made a cool drawing of you, check this out:

http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?36910-Evan-Centopani-Drawing

Back To Basics
08-16-11, 7:21 pm
I will definitely check that stuff out. Any CVS, Walgreens etc and even smaller mom and pop pharmacies should all carry epsom salt.

Sweet, pretty hard to believe but over here in AUS I've been having a hard time getting my hands on Epsom salts. Even if places sell them they are in really small quantity's (enough for like 3 soaks) which isn't really ideal, and there expensive for that price !

Do you ever get tight in your Rotator cuffs from squatting? I like keeping my elbows and hands pretty much aligned and a tucked in (Basically how you and Kai do it) instead of flaring them backwards. I think that has to do with the tightness or maybe an underlying problem.

Ox
08-16-11, 10:42 pm
Someone made a cool drawing of you, check this out:

http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?36910-Evan-Centopani-Drawing

Damn man I just checked it out. Sick.

Ox
08-16-11, 10:45 pm
Sweet, pretty hard to believe but over here in AUS I've been having a hard time getting my hands on Epsom salts. Even if places sell them they are in really small quantity's (enough for like 3 soaks) which isn't really ideal, and there expensive for that price !

Do you ever get tight in your Rotator cuffs from squatting? I like keeping my elbows and hands pretty much aligned and a tucked in (Basically how you and Kai do it) instead of flaring them backwards. I think that has to do with the tightness or maybe an underlying problem.

Good to know...I can always fall back on starting a lucrative business exporting epsom salt to Australia!

Yeah man, my shoulders get tight as hell! I need to spend a few minutes at the beggining of leg training using the bar to stretch my upper body/shoulders so that I get comfortable under the bar. I tend to favor a more narrow grip on the bar when I squat and that means my mobility has to be even greater. If I spen time stretching it's no problem.

Carrnage
08-16-11, 10:54 pm
I can certainly see how it might read that way and I wish I had worded it differently because I did enjoy the experience and appreciated the opportunity. I think Dorian's belief in taking sets to failure and the use of forced reps and other high intensity techniques is key. I also think that overtraining is something to be very cautious not to do. That being said, wanting to give an honest assessment of the training session, I felt that a few more sets would have been beneficial. I expected to be sore after the workout (especially after being up for over 36 hours between being up the day before, the flight over and not having slept once I arrived there) and was really surprised when I wasn't. I know that muscle soreness is not the only way to measure the effectiveness of a workout but usually if the workout was really challenging and hit the muscles hard, I will be sore. I also feel that for me, it's safer and more effective to do a full range of motion when doing deadlifts so I included that in the article.

As for the end of the article, many people felt that I was shitting on Temple gym and saying it was dump or that the equipment was in less than working order. I can gurantee you that was not how I meant it. In fact, I think Temple is a good gym and the equipment was just fine. What I was trying to comment on is how people will often look at a gym like Temple or Metroflex and single out certain things like a hole in the wall or the place being less than clean and associate those things with a place being hardcore. Temple certainly is a hardcore gym. Metroflex is no doubt a bad ass gym. But they are great gyms because of the people who train there and the atmosphere in the places. What kills me are wannabe gyms who claim to be hardcore and will mistakenly use the gym being out of order as being "hardcore".

Temple is a great gym and Dorian is one of the only bodybuilders I have ever looked up to and I have nothing but respect for him; obviously as a bodybuilder but I have been around Dorian enough to like him as a person and respect him as a man. I wish I worded the article better.

Evan your a bad baaad man! lol haha jk!

Well said bro, glad you cleared that up, people on md forums were going crazy on your article about training with Dorian.

Hey whats your take on over the counter sleep aids? Like benadryl and so on, i hardly get any sleep nowa days, been like this for years, maybe a couple hours a night? My problem is feeling sleepy and actually falling asleep. Ive tried everything, supplements to methods. Mentally im fine, any help would be super apreciated!

Thanks Mr.0 2012!!

MRmichael.hooker
08-17-11, 6:22 pm
Hey big man, congrats on the MD cover. Was reading the article on you and Branch, and you had said you switched over to seated presses for delts instead of standing, so it hit the delts more than delts and upper back. What about someone like myself? Who is not on a pro-level and is still trying to develop the body completely. Would it be more beneficial to do standing, since it will help the upper back as well, or to isolate the delts more and do them seated? thanks man

Back To Basics
08-18-11, 1:02 am
Good to know...I can always fall back on starting a lucrative business exporting epsom salt to Australia!

Yeah man, my shoulders get tight as hell! I need to spend a few minutes at the beggining of leg training using the bar to stretch my upper body/shoulders so that I get comfortable under the bar. I tend to favor a more narrow grip on the bar when I squat and that means my mobility has to be even greater. If I spen time stretching it's no problem.

Exporting Epsom Salts to Australia ?!?! Blasphemy :O !

Glad I'm not the only one it happens to, yeah squatting with a narrow grip feels more secure and all you have to do is place your hands lightly under it. My forearms get their ass kicked this way even more though. Got any cool MD videos coming up ?

Ox
08-22-11, 10:53 am
Evan your a bad baaad man! lol haha jk!

Well said bro, glad you cleared that up, people on md forums were going crazy on your article about training with Dorian.

Hey whats your take on over the counter sleep aids? Like benadryl and so on, i hardly get any sleep nowa days, been like this for years, maybe a couple hours a night? My problem is feeling sleepy and actually falling asleep. Ive tried everything, supplements to methods. Mentally im fine, any help would be super apreciated!

Thanks Mr.0 2012!!

Yeah man, people were pissed!

From what I understand, a lot of the time the sleep you experience after using a sleep aid is not quality sleep. Either way, taking sleep aids all the time is like using pain medication all the time...your best bet is to find out what is causing the problem rather than continuing to put a "band-aid" on it. You may want to consider using extra magnesium. A lot of people are deficient in magnesium and that will impair your ability to relax and sleep.

Ox
08-22-11, 10:54 am
Hey big man, congrats on the MD cover. Was reading the article on you and Branch, and you had said you switched over to seated presses for delts instead of standing, so it hit the delts more than delts and upper back. What about someone like myself? Who is not on a pro-level and is still trying to develop the body completely. Would it be more beneficial to do standing, since it will help the upper back as well, or to isolate the delts more and do them seated? thanks man

I would alternate from week to week and include both in your training.

Ox
08-22-11, 10:55 am
Exporting Epsom Salts to Australia ?!?! Blasphemy :O !

Glad I'm not the only one it happens to, yeah squatting with a narrow grip feels more secure and all you have to do is place your hands lightly under it. My forearms get their ass kicked this way even more though. Got any cool MD videos coming up ?

I feel the same way. No vids currently in the works.

Solid Dreams
08-22-11, 11:02 am
Hey Ox, when you do your shoulder presses, would you include Arnie presses or would you do the same thing as standing/sitting, and alternate?

JasonG
08-22-11, 9:52 pm
Yeah man, people were pissed!

From what I understand, a lot of the time the sleep you experience after using a sleep aid is not quality sleep. Either way, taking sleep aids all the time is like using pain medication all the time...your best bet is to find out what is causing the problem rather than continuing to put a "band-aid" on it. You may want to consider using extra magnesium. A lot of people are deficient in magnesium and that will impair your ability to relax and sleep.

That's great info, thanks Ox. I take sleeping pills way too often. I've cut it down quite a bit though. Last time I took them my wife said I kept her up all night by tossing and turning, well she said it felt like I was bouncing her out of bed by flopping around lol. That and my sheets were tore off on my side of the bed so that couldn't have been quality sleep. I'll have to look into that and maybe give Animal PM another try.

Mr. Dead
08-23-11, 5:20 pm
Looking forward to seeing you, at the Iron Man, in September...

atcontroller
08-24-11, 3:16 pm
Just finished reading this entire thread... I think it took me about 6 weeks to catch up w/ the last 4+ years of your life... pretty crazy. I know it's been said many times before, but, it is awesome that everyone on here has access to such a knowledgeable pro that's willing to share so readily and be so down to earth. In the process of treading through all these pages, I have started the keto diet and am having great results so far. I don't do well w/o a diet that's really structured, so to have you spell everything out (even though it was a couple years ago) helped out a lot.

Just compared some pics from the '07 NPC and the '11 Arnold... wow, well played, those are some awesome gains. Hopefully I'll be able to make it out to a show sometime and shake your hand.

Congrats on the baby girl, mine turns 5 months tomorrow. It's pretty insane how much they change your life. All I have to say is... she's lucky she has you for a dad, not so lucky for the boys down the road!

atcontroller
08-24-11, 3:19 pm

CARNIVOR

Welcome to Colorado... whenever you make it down... Vail is definitely some nice country... w/ some rich people! You'll have to see if you can make it down the hill to an ABC in Denver whenever we finally get them going again.

MRmichael.hooker
08-24-11, 3:19 pm
she's lucky she has you for a dad, not so lucky for the boys down the road!

hahaha. could you imagine being a boy, going to pickup a 16 yearold girl for your first day, and the fuckin OX answers the door? I'd just leave lol

Solid Dreams
08-24-11, 3:30 pm
hahaha. could you imagine being a boy, going to pickup a 16 yearold girl for your first day, and the fuckin OX answers the door? I'd just leave lol

^ This right here.

Back To Basics
08-24-11, 6:21 pm

This is exactly what I was thinking hahahaha.

Carrnage
08-31-11, 7:50 pm
Hey Evan, any upcoming traning/diet videos with MD coming soon? We wanna see another hardcore training video from you big man! Im tired of seeing all these other pro's training videos because all they do is train with machines and train with low intensity, it makes me sick! Oh and when you trained chest with Jay awhile back, whats your take on his style of training? Hey I know people have always knocked you for having a lagging chest, Im a big fan of yours, and this may sound silly, but I think ive found the solution. And Shhhhh about it! Its a secret! Instead of flat benching do a slight decline bench, please try it man, you should feel it in your whole chest! Tell me how you like it! And when you win the Mr.Olympia 2012, you better give me some credit! lol just messin

ncsu06
09-01-11, 6:58 am
OX, I've been out of the game for a bit and now i've finally have regrouped myself and got my detication and desire back. I am currently trying to cut weight! I've always found what works best for me is a very low carb diet! I was just curious when you are on a low carb diet do you ever carb up or do you believe in the 1 hour theory at all? The only disadvantage i have is that i have to drink craft beer because it is my career!

GUNS
09-01-11, 8:04 am
Anything new going on in your training and eating? Anything different than you have been doing? How often do you switch up your routine if ever?

Ox
09-05-11, 9:30 pm
Hey Ox, when you do your shoulder presses, would you include Arnie presses or would you do the same thing as standing/sitting, and alternate?

Arnold presses are a great movement. You should include a variety of movements and switch em up from time to time depending on how effective/appropriate they are for what you need to do.

Ox
09-05-11, 9:32 pm
That's great info, thanks Ox. I take sleeping pills way too often. I've cut it down quite a bit though. Last time I took them my wife said I kept her up all night by tossing and turning, well she said it felt like I was bouncing her out of bed by flopping around lol. That and my sheets were tore off on my side of the bed so that couldn't have been quality sleep. I'll have to look into that and maybe give Animal PM another try.

You maniac! Ha, I think it's safe to say that if you wake up and your sheets are in a jumble, it was a rough night! Animal p.m is a great product and very effective but I would try to get to the root of why it is that you're not sleeping and save the Animal p.m.; for when you need it most.

Ox
09-05-11, 9:33 pm
Looking forward to seeing you, at the Iron Man, in September...

I will see you there.

Ox
09-05-11, 9:39 pm
Just finished reading this entire thread... I think it took me about 6 weeks to catch up w/ the last 4+ years of your life... pretty crazy. I know it's been said many times before, but, it is awesome that everyone on here has access to such a knowledgeable pro that's willing to share so readily and be so down to earth. In the process of treading through all these pages, I have started the keto diet and am having great results so far. I don't do well w/o a diet that's really structured, so to have you spell everything out (even though it was a couple years ago) helped out a lot.

Just compared some pics from the '07 NPC and the '11 Arnold... wow, well played, those are some awesome gains. Hopefully I'll be able to make it out to a show sometime and shake your hand.

Congrats on the baby girl, mine turns 5 months tomorrow. It's pretty insane how much they change your life. All I have to say is... she's lucky she has you for a dad, not so lucky for the boys down the road!

Holy shit! That's amazing! Good luck with the diet. I had good luck with keto and think that, done properly, it is a great way to feel good while dropping a good deal of fat. At this level 0f competition, I've fund carb cycling to be a little more appropriate for me but anything can work if done properly.

Happy to hear about your daughter. I can't believe mine is 2 months old already! I hate leaving the house and when I do I miss her like hell. She may be lucky to have a mother and father who love her and are there for her but we're even more lucky to have her as our child. As for the boys down the road, I've got time! I like to think I will always respect her decisions. But just the same, if the guy is a jackass I don't think I'll think twice about telling him to walk away and not look back!

Ox
09-05-11, 9:41 pm

Hey, as long as he's respectful and I don't get the feeling he's a dickhead, we'll all get along fine!

Ox
09-05-11, 9:44 pm
Hey Evan, any upcoming traning/diet videos with MD coming soon? We wanna see another hardcore training video from you big man! Im tired of seeing all these other pro's training videos because all they do is train with machines and train with low intensity, it makes me sick! Oh and when you trained chest with Jay awhile back, whats your take on his style of training? Hey I know people have always knocked you for having a lagging chest, Im a big fan of yours, and this may sound silly, but I think ive found the solution. And Shhhhh about it! Its a secret! Instead of flat benching do a slight decline bench, please try it man, you should feel it in your whole chest! Tell me how you like it! And when you win the Mr.Olympia 2012, you better give me some credit! lol just messin

Hey man, nothing planned right now but if you feel that way get on MD and voice your opinion! Jay's style was very fats paced and was very challenging. You never see Jay use insane poundages but for the way he trains the poundages ARE pretty crazy. Not easy. And I will try benching on a slight decline. If it works, I will tell everyone that Carrnage told me to do it.

Ox
09-05-11, 9:46 pm
OX, I've been out of the game for a bit and now i've finally have regrouped myself and got my detication and desire back. I am currently trying to cut weight! I've always found what works best for me is a very low carb diet! I was just curious when you are on a low carb diet do you ever carb up or do you believe in the 1 hour theory at all? The only disadvantage i have is that i have to drink craft beer because it is my career!

I do believe in carbbing up periodically if following a low carb diet. What is the 1 hour theory? Hahahaha..."I HAVE to drink this beer. Just doin my job."

Ox
09-05-11, 9:48 pm
Anything new going on in your training and eating? Anything different than you have been doing? How often do you switch up your routine if ever?

Not much, just eating like a madman and training like one too! One thing I've been doing lately to ensure that I am training everything but only spending 4 days a week in the gym is each week I miss a muscle group. So every muscle group gets skipped once every 5 weeks. I've done that in the past and it worked well for me.

ncsu06
09-05-11, 10:46 pm
I do believe in carbbing up periodically if following a low carb diet. What is the 1 hour theory? Hahahaha..."I HAVE to drink this beer. Just doin my job."

What kind of carbing up would you do? just a one day or couple days? One hour theory as i promptly named it when posting is the theory that you can eat and drink anything within a 1 hour period and it won't have adverse affects on your diet! I went 2 weeks of my new low carb diet and stayed very strict (not even drinking a beer) and then in a 1 hour time block drank a beast of a beer and ate what normally is not on my diet and then stayed clean the rest of the day! HAHA yes it is a rough career i have being in beer!

Carrnage
09-08-11, 12:58 am
Hey man, nothing planned right now but if you feel that way get on MD and voice your opinion! Jay's style was very fats paced and was very challenging. You never see Jay use insane poundages but for the way he trains the poundages ARE pretty crazy. Not easy. And I will try benching on a slight decline. If it works, I will tell everyone that Carrnage told me to do it.

Hell yeah let me know your thoughts about it! The slight decline angle really fires your pecs. And what do you usually do for your quads? Im guessing alot of squats/leg presses? You got some huge quads and their detailed aswell! Man call up Robbie so he can go down to New Haven Gold's and tape you for a hardcore session! I tried letting my voice be heard on MD but i usually get trolled or banned. Damn those hippies! lol

Kowboy
09-08-11, 7:39 am
I have a question. I am trying to figure out a new routine for October 1st and to run me through the winter. The goal for me is size. I think the diet I am on from Alwyn Cosgrove's Afterburner will hopefully suffice and provide me w/ enough protein to grow and drop some fat. My questions is what kind of rep range should I shoot for for size? I do the core lifts every week. I would like to keep it that way. I do Flat Bench on Day 1, Squats on Day 1, Deads and OHP on Day 2 and Incline Bench and Legs again on Day 3.

I was looking at these 3 plans:
http://www.animalpak.com/html/article_details.cfm?ID=49
http://www.animalpak.com/html/article_details.cfm?ID=162
http://animalpak.com/html/article_details.cfm?id=487

Banjo
09-08-11, 1:58 pm
Big Evan- I you've mentioned a few times in videos and threads eating salads with your meals. Personally I've started eating a lot of raw spinnach salads for nutrition and ease. Do you dress your salads in anything pre-contest/offseason or just shovel in the leaves? Thanks man.

JasonG
09-08-11, 2:24 pm
You maniac! Ha, I think it's safe to say that if you wake up and your sheets are in a jumble, it was a rough night! Animal p.m is a great product and very effective but I would try to get to the root of why it is that you're not sleeping and save the Animal p.m.; for when you need it most.

That's probably great advice Ox, thanks. I went on a getaway weekend with the wife last weekend and I haven't slept so good in ages. The bed was amazing! Maybe that's the problem, my bed...

Back To Basics
09-09-11, 1:18 am
That's probably great advice Ox, thanks. I went on a getaway weekend with the wife last weekend and I haven't slept so good in ages. The bed was amazing! Maybe that's the problem, my bed...

I'm not Evan but I'll tell you this, I slept on my shitty old mattress for ages and my sleep was 50/50 - I got my 9 hours in but always woke up just feeling shitty, had lower back tightness too. I finally got a brand new one and man... Amazing is the word, if you can seriously look into a new one - after all we spend up to 10 hours just lying there, so it might as well be comfortable.

JasonG
09-10-11, 1:19 pm
I'm not Evan but I'll tell you this, I slept on my shitty old mattress for ages and my sleep was 50/50 - I got my 9 hours in but always woke up just feeling shitty, had lower back tightness too. I finally got a brand new one and man... Amazing is the word, if you can seriously look into a new one - after all we spend up to 10 hours just lying there, so it might as well be comfortable.

Yeah sad thing is it's around two years old. We tried out a bed in the store, loved it then when we got it home and slept on it we thought what the hell is this?! Should have returned it, but didn't. We are looking at buying something else early next year and make sure we get the 30 day trial.

Back To Basics
09-10-11, 6:13 pm
Yeah sad thing is it's around two years old. We tried out a bed in the store, loved it then when we got it home and slept on it we thought what the hell is this?! Should have returned it, but didn't. We are looking at buying something else early next year and make sure we get the 30 day trial.

Wow man that sucks... Very dodgy. Hope all goes well

Flash419
09-11-11, 6:26 pm
Hey, as long as he's respectful and I don't get the feeling he's a dickhead, we'll all get along fine!

LOL .. I've got 3 daughers.. and I'm here to tell you that at 16.. all boys are dickheads. As I'm sure we all were at that age. But, size does help.. I've had boys tell my daughters that they would never consider dating them because of me, which I figure is a good thing. If they are already worried about me.. then they have got bad motives from the start.

Enjoy your daugher.. teach her right, make her proud.. and she'll do the right thing. .. and then send her dad after them. LOL

felipelpr
09-12-11, 9:21 pm
Hey, Evan!
I've been out of posting for a while in here, so unfortunately for you I have a lot of questions now :(
1. I was talking to a former pro here in Brazil, he's from my Gym in Rio. I asked him what he thinks about his 2 year old son follow the same steps he did. He told me that he hated that idea, and his wife hated too.
What about you? If your daughter follow your steps? Bikini, Fitness.. how would you and Erika (Erika, right?) react?

2. I read once in MD, Roelly's trainer (I can't remember her name) saying that she doesn't believe in many reps and lightweight. She doesn't believe that this technique would make your muscle develop. I agree on her. I think that way you would stimulate your muscle to create more resistance cells over hypertrophy cells. However I've already heard that a lightweight routine is needed once in a while, to recuperate your muscles and to escape from plateau. What do you think? Have you ever done such a routine?

3. LAST ONE! Frank came in Rio Expo Nutrition 2011. I met him, and asked him to send my regards to you. I bet he didn't do it. Hahahaha
Will you come in the 2012 Rio Expo Nutrition? Please, man!

From your fan,
Felipe.

atcontroller
09-14-11, 11:12 am
A while back in here there was some discussion of a video where Ox talks about how bad Tilapia is. I was wondering if anyone has the link tot he video... Thanks

TigerAce01
09-14-11, 1:40 pm
Hey Evan, is there any real benefit to leaving in the digestive complex in Omega? I'm not the biggest fan of soy lecithin, but will it honestly make a big difference?

-Ace

Back To Basics
09-14-11, 6:04 pm
A while back in here there was some discussion of a video where Ox talks about how bad Tilapia is. I was wondering if anyone has the link tot he video... Thanks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=It6Ib2HQukY&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

It's in there some where.

Phil800101
09-15-11, 3:58 am
Have a good time in Vegas Ox!

Back To Basics
09-20-11, 4:54 am
Hey Ev Whats up?

The Arnold is quickly approaching, I know there is still loads of time till it comes but damn time has gone quick since this Arnold, are you going to be having another "Countdown to Columbus" ?

Peace !

Mr. Dead
09-20-11, 9:26 am
When would be the best time to get together...???

Solid Dreams
09-20-11, 12:24 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=It6Ib2HQukY&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

It's in there some where.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=It6Ib2HQukY&feature=player_detailpage#t=232s

Starts right there.

CHALKY PALMS
09-26-11, 5:59 pm
Hey Evan, so I joined recently as you can tell by post count but I'm a huge fan and admire you greatly. I'm trying to get up that monster size as well. Still got plenty of room for growth tho. 22 y/o. 5'11". 220 lbs. Roughly 12% BF. This offseason I'm shooting for 240-245 so I can compete in maybe the lower end of the 225 class. That's goal right now.

Basically my diet has been fairly clean at 250-300g protein/day and probably 300g+ of carbs/day and fats are whatever. In all actuallity I eat whatever I want on top of those calories and manage to stay this lean. but my diet puts me roughly 3500-4000 a day.

Now I did read about the first 25 pages and saw that your a big advocate of a keto diet for pre contest which I will probably go that route when it comes time for me next spring but my question is, should I just keep feeding on everything and gain how I'm gaining now or can a keto be effective for offseason as well? Even though I'm a bit of a picky eater when it comes to veggies, the thought of that many less calories and I can maintain my muscle mass is amazing!! Now if I can apply that idea of alot less food and still gain weight, I'd be sold. Is keto effective for offseason and if so, given you know my stats, what should my calorie intake be if an offseason keto diet is beneficial? Thanks big man!! Can't wait to see what you do this offseason and into 2012. If anyone can dethrone Mr. O now, I believe you can! No doubt

Ox
09-29-11, 10:58 am
What kind of carbing up would you do? just a one day or couple days? One hour theory as i promptly named it when posting is the theory that you can eat and drink anything within a 1 hour period and it won't have adverse affects on your diet! I went 2 weeks of my new low carb diet and stayed very strict (not even drinking a beer) and then in a 1 hour time block drank a beast of a beer and ate what normally is not on my diet and then stayed clean the rest of the day! HAHA yes it is a rough career i have being in beer!

I just keep track of how I look and feel and if I start to flatten out and drop weight, I eat accordingly. Typically, a meal or two resolves this. I guess your theory is true depending on how often you have one of those hours and if you were in fact in need of it in the first place. I love beer.

Ox
09-29-11, 11:00 am
Hell yeah let me know your thoughts about it! The slight decline angle really fires your pecs. And what do you usually do for your quads? Im guessing alot of squats/leg presses? You got some huge quads and their detailed aswell! Man call up Robbie so he can go down to New Haven Gold's and tape you for a hardcore session! I tried letting my voice be heard on MD but i usually get trolled or banned. Damn those hippies! lol

Next chest day I am on it! Quad day is predominantly squats and leg presses. My guess is that in the upcoming months there should be some new training footage. Does anyone like hippies?

Ox
09-29-11, 11:08 am
I have a question. I am trying to figure out a new routine for October 1st and to run me through the winter. The goal for me is size. I think the diet I am on from Alwyn Cosgrove's Afterburner will hopefully suffice and provide me w/ enough protein to grow and drop some fat. My questions is what kind of rep range should I shoot for for size? I do the core lifts every week. I would like to keep it that way. I do Flat Bench on Day 1, Squats on Day 1, Deads and OHP on Day 2 and Incline Bench and Legs again on Day 3.

I was looking at these 3 plans:
http://www.animalpak.com/html/article_details.cfm?ID=49
http://www.animalpak.com/html/article_details.cfm?ID=162
http://animalpak.com/html/article_details.cfm?id=487

Of the threee routines, I like this one:http://www.animalpak.com/html/article_details.cfm?ID=162. But keep in mind, it's not always what you do but how you do it. Training style/intensity (going to failure etc) has everything to do with the number of sets and reps you do. You see routines with 20+ sets and if each set were taken to failure, that would be impossible. As a general guideline, I wouldn't go below 6 reps or over 20.

Ox
09-29-11, 11:12 am
Big Evan- I you've mentioned a few times in videos and threads eating salads with your meals. Personally I've started eating a lot of raw spinnach salads for nutrition and ease. Do you dress your salads in anything pre-contest/offseason or just shovel in the leaves? Thanks man.

Just oil and vinegar. If you're offseason, seasoned rice vinegar is nice for some change.

Ox
09-29-11, 11:16 am

There you go!

Ox
09-29-11, 11:32 am
LOL .. I've got 3 daughers.. and I'm here to tell you that at 16.. all boys are dickheads. As I'm sure we all were at that age. But, size does help.. I've had boys tell my daughters that they would never consider dating them because of me, which I figure is a good thing. If they are already worried about me.. then they have got bad motives from the start.

Enjoy your daugher.. teach her right, make her proud.. and she'll do the right thing. .. and then send her dad after them. LOL

True! Only those with bad intentions have anything to fear!

Ox
09-29-11, 11:40 am
Hey, Evan!
I've been out of posting for a while in here, so unfortunately for you I have a lot of questions now :(
1. I was talking to a former pro here in Brazil, he's from my Gym in Rio. I asked him what he thinks about his 2 year old son follow the same steps he did. He told me that he hated that idea, and his wife hated too.
What about you? If your daughter follow your steps? Bikini, Fitness.. how would you and Erika (Erika, right?) react?

2. I read once in MD, Roelly's trainer (I can't remember her name) saying that she doesn't believe in many reps and lightweight. She doesn't believe that this technique would make your muscle develop. I agree on her. I think that way you would stimulate your muscle to create more resistance cells over hypertrophy cells. However I've already heard that a lightweight routine is needed once in a while, to recuperate your muscles and to escape from plateau. What do you think? Have you ever done such a routine?

3. LAST ONE! Frank came in Rio Expo Nutrition 2011. I met him, and asked him to send my regards to you. I bet he didn't do it. Hahahaha
Will you come in the 2012 Rio Expo Nutrition? Please, man!

From your fan,
Felipe.

1. How would I feel about it? Ultimately, it's her life and I would have to respect that. However, I would want her to use her brain rather than her body to make a living. Furthermore, it's different for a male in the sport than it is for a female. Men have a greater chance of making a living from the sport than women do and even then, you need to be one of the best. Most men do not make a living solely from the sport. And I don't know if ANY women do. And on top of that, a female's image in the sport is typically based on sex appeal. I would just want something different for my daughter.

2. I think heavier weight is better for building muscle but once in a while, you need to ease up on the weight. Using more drop sets and super sets will allow you to fatigue the muscle with less weight.

3. Hahahaha...man, he didn't tell me! The only reason I was unable to make it this year was because my duaghter's due date was July 15th. So it's a good thing I didn't go because she was born on the 13th!

Ox
09-29-11, 11:41 am
Hey Evan, is there any real benefit to leaving in the digestive complex in Omega? I'm not the biggest fan of soy lecithin, but will it honestly make a big difference?

-Ace

I don't think it will make or break you.

Ox
09-29-11, 11:41 am
Hey Ev Whats up?

The Arnold is quickly approaching, I know there is still loads of time till it comes but damn time has gone quick since this Arnold, are you going to be having another "Countdown to Columbus" ?

Peace !

Hmmm...I don't see why not

Ox
09-29-11, 11:42 am
When would be the best time to get together...???

Hey man, I know we didn't coordinate but I figured I would see you at the show.

Mr. Dead
09-29-11, 11:43 am
Hey man, I know we didn't coordinate but I figured I would see you at the show.

Wound up with car trouble, and couldn't make it out... My apologies...

Ox
09-29-11, 11:44 am
Hey Evan, so I joined recently as you can tell by post count but I'm a huge fan and admire you greatly. I'm trying to get up that monster size as well. Still got plenty of room for growth tho. 22 y/o. 5'11". 220 lbs. Roughly 12% BF. This offseason I'm shooting for 240-245 so I can compete in maybe the lower end of the 225 class. That's goal right now.

Basically my diet has been fairly clean at 250-300g protein/day and probably 300g+ of carbs/day and fats are whatever. In all actuallity I eat whatever I want on top of those calories and manage to stay this lean. but my diet puts me roughly 3500-4000 a day.

Now I did read about the first 25 pages and saw that your a big advocate of a keto diet for pre contest which I will probably go that route when it comes time for me next spring but my question is, should I just keep feeding on everything and gain how I'm gaining now or can a keto be effective for offseason as well? Even though I'm a bit of a picky eater when it comes to veggies, the thought of that many less calories and I can maintain my muscle mass is amazing!! Now if I can apply that idea of alot less food and still gain weight, I'd be sold. Is keto effective for offseason and if so, given you know my stats, what should my calorie intake be if an offseason keto diet is beneficial? Thanks big man!! Can't wait to see what you do this offseason and into 2012. If anyone can dethrone Mr. O now, I believe you can! No doubt

A whioe back I was using keto but for the past couple years have been carb cycling. I would advocate a well rounded diet and adjust macros as necessary. I would not use keto in the offseason.

MRmichael.hooker
09-29-11, 9:06 pm
Hey Evan, would you suggest running a cut during the bulk if needed? My bf isnt too bad, i still can see my abs, but my obliques & low back are getting fat. I got away from the "I need to get to X weight this offseason!" because thats an easy way to get fat. Ive just been adding as much clean size as possible while seeing abs. I was considering dieting hard for 3 weeks in October, just long enough to get rid of some of the fat, and then starting back up on the bulk until Dec when it'll be contest prep time. Do you think id be a good idea to run a diet with only 2 months left until I prep down for a show? I just don't wanna get outta shape and have to kill myself with cardio, id much rather be in good enough shape to allow my diet to take care of the bf and let the cardio just help it along.

Also, how is the little girl doing? How old is she now?

CHALKY PALMS
10-04-11, 1:32 am
Another question for you ox. If I'm not mistaking i think i read somewhere that you eat white rice and white potatoes offseason and precontest? Now I've done plenty of reading into the differences in the rices and it comes up that there isn't much difference other than that white rice is higher on the GI and has less fiber. Also, you prefer white potatoes over sweet? I've always heard baked potatoes were a "nutrient powerhouse" but they are also higher on the GI. so where do you stand in all this? thanks big guy

Ox
10-06-11, 6:37 pm
Hey Evan, would you suggest running a cut during the bulk if needed? My bf isnt too bad, i still can see my abs, but my obliques & low back are getting fat. I got away from the "I need to get to X weight this offseason!" because thats an easy way to get fat. Ive just been adding as much clean size as possible while seeing abs. I was considering dieting hard for 3 weeks in October, just long enough to get rid of some of the fat, and then starting back up on the bulk until Dec when it'll be contest prep time. Do you think id be a good idea to run a diet with only 2 months left until I prep down for a show? I just don't wanna get outta shape and have to kill myself with cardio, id much rather be in good enough shape to allow my diet to take care of the bf and let the cardio just help it along.

Also, how is the little girl doing? How old is she now?

Honestly, I'd assess your regimen and determine what's contributing to the unwanted fat and take care of that. But I would not diet until its time to do so...my feeling is that if you did, you'd regret it later.

The baby couldn't be better! Thanks for asking man.

Ox
10-06-11, 6:40 pm
Another question for you ox. If I'm not mistaking i think i read somewhere that you eat white rice and white potatoes offseason and precontest? Now I've done plenty of reading into the differences in the rices and it comes up that there isn't much difference other than that white rice is higher on the GI and has less fiber. Also, you prefer white potatoes over sweet? I've always heard baked potatoes were a "nutrient powerhouse" but they are also higher on the GI. so where do you stand in all this? thanks big guy

I opt for white rice and white potatoes because they digest better for me. I feel like shit eating sweet potato and brown rice.

Solid Dreams
10-06-11, 8:08 pm
Hey Evan, I saw the latest(?) issue of MD while I was at walmart, flipped through it and saw you. You are looking nasty in that picture with Branch, and even bigger than he is!

I saw that your little girl can already lift her head, that's insane. She's going to grow up to be even stronger than you are!

Shukin
10-16-11, 8:03 pm
What is going on these days? What is your training like?

Ox
10-23-11, 12:42 pm
Hey Evan, I saw the latest(?) issue of MD while I was at walmart, flipped through it and saw you. You are looking nasty in that picture with Branch, and even bigger than he is!

I saw that your little girl can already lift her head, that's insane. She's going to grow up to be even stronger than you are!

Hey thanks man I appreciate that. Now if only I can fill out my frame like Branch I will be all set! Alana is ding great...man all she does is smile...she's such a great girl.

Ox
10-23-11, 12:43 pm
What is going on these days? What is your training like?

Gearing up for the Arnold! Training is the same as always; hard and heavy! Back up to 5 days a week now. Will probably start dietting in a couple weeks. Damn, it's here!

Shukin
10-23-11, 12:44 pm
Gearing up for the Arnold! Training is the same as always; hard and heavy! Back up to 5 days a week now. Will probably start dietting in a couple weeks. Damn, it's here!

How will things change now that you are a father?
Stay healthy, and give it your best.
Respect,
Shukin

GUNS
10-23-11, 1:14 pm
"your best? losers always whine about their best. winners go home and f*** the prom queen"

Shukin
10-23-11, 2:37 pm
"your best? losers always whine about their best. winners go home and f*** the prom queen"

Fair enough, I just didn't want to use words like "good luck", cause it aint about luck either.

GUNS
10-23-11, 2:51 pm
Just joking man. It is a quote from the movie The Rock!

Shukin
10-23-11, 4:27 pm
Just joking man. It is a quote from the movie The Rock!

no worries bro, was thinking Ox's wife wouldn't be too happy any way....lol

GUNS
10-23-11, 4:48 pm
Maybe she was the prom queen and he took care of business!

Kowboy
10-25-11, 2:03 pm
I love that movie, I still get a tear every time I watch that Ferrari get destroyed.

TheDukeUSMC
10-25-11, 2:19 pm
This thread has been created in honor of the sport of bodybuilding and everything that goes along with it. I'm here to talk about training, nutrition, the bodybuilding lifestlye and anything and everything in between. We all have our own reasons for sacrificing our time and energy but, ultimately, we're all here because we believe in something. We all have the undying belief that there is some sort of satisfaction to be gained from all the sweat and the pain and the sacrifice. Something that can't be bought for any price or taken away at any cost. We are all bound by this common belief. I'm honored to be amongst all of you. It is my most sincere aspiration that I can share with you what I've learned and that it may be of some value to you. I look forward to talking to you guys. Peace.

I would like to cut during this winter to be prepared by next Fed or March. How long should a cut be?

Ox
10-26-11, 10:24 am
How will things change now that you are a father?
Stay healthy, and give it your best.
Respect,
Shukin

Ha! That's a good question. Considering that I have always tried to approach this sport with respect for my body and health, I like to think that not a lot will change. I often wonder how long I will stay in the sport...I always say 5 more years. I said that five years ago. But having a child definitely helps you to keep perspective on what's important in life and what's not. The goal is always to be my best. Be the best father I can be, be the best husband(not married yet), best son, best bodybuilder etc etc.

Ox
10-26-11, 10:24 am

Ha! Sean Connery said that right?

Ox
10-26-11, 10:25 am
Fair enough, I just didn't want to use words like "good luck", cause it aint about luck either.

Man, I hate when people say good luck...if I'm going to the casino then I want people to wish me luck. Otherwise, don't wish me luck.

Ox
10-26-11, 10:26 am
Maybe she was the prom queen and he took care of business!

Just remember one thing; I ALWAYS take care of business.

Ox
10-26-11, 10:32 am
I would like to cut during this winter to be prepared by next Fed or March. How long should a cut be?

Oh shit, are you prepping for the Arnold? If you are and are one of my fellow competitors I'm afraid I can't help you. I kid I kid. Truth be told, I'm getting ready for the Arnold and I ask myself the same thing. And the answer I always arrive at is that a cut long be long enough to get cut! But obviously you want to do it at a reasonable rate so that you can eat enough and not go overboard with cardio and risk losing muscle! And to different people that means different things. It depends on where you're currently at, how easy/tough it is for you to get in shapem etc etc. For me, I'm going to leave 14 weeks. Based on past experience, 16 weeks is a bit too long and 10 weeks is a bit rushed. I figure that even if I am ahead of where I need to be at any given point, I can remedy it by just eating more. And that's a better place to be than dropping food and doing more cardio. So leave yourself enough time. 16 weeks should be ample time for pretty much anyone. And like I said, if you end up in shape ahead of time, then that's a great place to be. Best of luck.

Shukin
10-26-11, 10:34 am
Ha! That's a good question. Considering that I have always tried to approach this sport with respect for my body and health, I like to think that not a lot will change. I often wonder how long I will stay in the sport...I always say 5 more years. I said that five years ago. But having a child definitely helps you to keep perspective on what's important in life and what's not. The goal is always to be my best. Be the best father I can be, be the best husband(not married yet), best son, best bodybuilder etc etc.
As long as we stay grateful, focused, 'open and honest' with ourselves everything else will fall into place. "The result is not the point, it's the effort to improve ourselves that is valuable, there is no end to this practice."

Respect,
Shukin

GUNS
10-26-11, 2:10 pm
Ha! Sean Connery said that right?

Yes, great movie, better line!

Just remember one thing; I ALWAYS take care of business.

Of course you do, that's why your a dad!

Shukin
10-26-11, 2:44 pm
Of course you do, that's why your a dad!

LMAO!

-Hercules-
10-28-11, 9:30 am
Hey Ox, What's up man? I've got a shitload of questions to ask bro. Im a 16 years old male from India. Bodybuilding since last year. Bodybuilding is my passion and i wanna make it my profession when i grow up.
I currently need your help become an Animal. Im gonna start the HRT from Monday, so i need you to help me with the supplements. I have alot of bodyfat (i look fit) and i wanna look buff. I just can't decide what to do. Whether to get cuts or increase my muscle size. You tell me what should i do first. Also, What supplements should i take?
And a question about steroids, You know professionals take steroids to become what they are. I, also wanna take steroids but i have NO knowledge about what steroids to buy and when to take them. I've seen Lorenzo Becker (dalorenzo on Youtube) transforming into an Animal with his hard work and supplements. I just wanna get buff like him. Tell me what to do, Bro.

JasonG
10-28-11, 3:49 pm
Hey Ox, What's up man? I've got a shitload of questions to ask bro. Im a 16 years old male from India. Bodybuilding since last year. Bodybuilding is my passion and i wanna make it my profession when i grow up.
I currently need your help become an Animal. Im gonna start the HRT from Monday, so i need you to help me with the supplements. I have alot of bodyfat (i look fit) and i wanna look buff. I just can't decide what to do. Whether to get cuts or increase my muscle size. You tell me what should i do first. Also, What supplements should i take?
And a question about steroids, You know professionals take steroids to become what they are. I, also wanna take steroids but i have NO knowledge about what steroids to buy and when to take them. I've seen Lorenzo Becker (dalorenzo on Youtube) transforming into an Animal with his hard work and supplements. I just wanna get buff like him. Tell me what to do, Bro.

Hey bro ask Ox what he eats. Much better question to start off with and will get you closer to your goals than your current questions. Also it would be a good idea to read the forum rules...

Back To Basics
10-28-11, 7:42 pm

Here is the best steroid cycle

100IU's of Have some respect
2000mg of your only 16 years old
5 weekly shots of Go to school and study your ass off
2 Tabs of Maybe you should eat some quality food

B.C.
10-28-11, 8:45 pm

I couldn't put this into words when I read that post this morning. This is perfect. I haven't laughed that hard all day.

-Hercules-
10-29-11, 12:50 am

Thank you.
1) I asked Ox not you. So shutup.
2) Best of luck with your 'basics', Im advanced.

Appollonian
10-29-11, 10:05 am
Thank you.

Please read the FORVM rules; it details what you can and can't talk about on the boards here.

GUNS
10-29-11, 10:19 am
Thank you.

Yes, check the forvm rules Mr. Advanced. Your 15 and still learning to play with yourself let alone be even close to being advanced. Go back and read the rules. BTB was trying to tell you, Get on the right food, get on a good program, and put in about 10 years of lifting and you may see some results. If you have the genetics for it. Right now you absolutely do not have the mind-set for it. You need to get on here and just read man. You could learn alot on here and on the internet.

Phil800101
10-29-11, 4:28 pm

Thank you.

This line of discussion is not allowed on this forum.

As has been said, please read the rules:

http://forum.animalpak.com/announcement.php?f=5

Specifically, #8. For your convenience, I will repost here:

"8) Off Topics & Off Limits...
We all come from different backgrounds. From all walks of life… Race, creed, color, nationality, economic background. What brings us together is our love of the lifestyle and the fact that we all have committed our lives, in varying degrees, to the call of iron. This is a place to unify, to come together, to learn and to grow as a community. There are divisive issues in this world, no doubt about that, and many of us have very strong opinions. But those opinions have no place here and very little relevance. We here at Animalpak.com believe that it is good to feel strongly about these type of issues... However, matters of religion, politics, discussions about sex or lifestyles, and talk of drugs are officially off limits."

Let's keep it civil in here guys, no need for people to be fighting. Let's forget it and move on.

mass3011
10-29-11, 6:22 pm
Thank you.

Dammn bro your 16/15 chill this isn't the way on here, your first post and this 1 was very disrespectful, I'm 17 now so I no you want to be big, go through all the articles on here, at your age at I doubt your advanced, I no you think you are but you ain't, ive been in your shoes before, here is some advice, eat like a beast and train like a animal with basic free weight movements (barbell, dumbbell and smith machine) and you will be amazed what you can do.

Mass

Carrnage
10-30-11, 1:13 am
Yo Evan, I made a quick sample article on here, can you give it a good peak and tell me what you think?

http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?37389-A-must-read-for-anyone-with-muscle-building-fat-loss-goals

Thanks Champ!

Carrnage
10-30-11, 1:15 am
here is the best steroid cycle

100iu's of have some respect
5 weekly shots of go to school and study your ass off
2 tabs of maybe you should eat some quality food

hahahahaah!

Carrnage
10-30-11, 1:16 am

You gota be kidding me...

Read my latest article bro, ill pm you it.

Firedrake
10-31-11, 2:56 pm
I just read that this morning, and it was exceedingly well done.

JasonG
10-31-11, 3:13 pm
Hey Ox I've been taking a generic Omega 3 1g twice a day at meal 1 and meal 5 for some time and decided to give Omega a shot. Would you recommend taking the whole pack at a meal or splitting it up into a couple different meals?

Ox
11-01-11, 8:01 pm
As long as we stay grateful, focused, 'open and honest' with ourselves everything else will fall into place. "The result is not the point, it's the effort to improve ourselves that is valuable, there is no end to this practice."

Respect,
Shukin

More truthful words were never spoken! I remind myself every day how lucky I am. Respect.