PDA

View Full Version : Ox's Stable

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25

Ox
11-01-11, 8:07 pm
Hey Ox, What's up man? I've got a shitload of questions to ask bro. Im a 16 years old male from India. Bodybuilding since last year. Bodybuilding is my passion and i wanna make it my profession when i grow up.
I currently need your help become an Animal. Im gonna start the HRT from Monday, so i need you to help me with the supplements. I have alot of bodyfat (i look fit) and i wanna look buff. I just can't decide what to do. Whether to get cuts or increase my muscle size. You tell me what should i do first. Also, What supplements should i take?
And a question about steroids, You know professionals take steroids to become what they are. I, also wanna take steroids but i have NO knowledge about what steroids to buy and when to take them. I've seen Lorenzo Becker (dalorenzo on Youtube) transforming into an Animal with his hard work and supplements. I just wanna get buff like him. Tell me what to do, Bro.

First off, at 16 years old, steroids should be the last thing on your mind. You should be focused on perfecting your form on the basic compound movements; squats, deads, bench, military press, barbell row, barbell curl, skull crusher and working toward improving your nutrition. Just start someplace and never stop ;asking yourself what you can do to improve. Bodybuilding is a journey; you set out to perfect your routine/regimen and yourself knwoing that it will never truly happen. But along the way, it will evolve and so will you and that's bodybuilding.

Ox
11-01-11, 8:14 pm
Yo Evan, I made a quick sample article on here, can you give it a good peak and tell me what you think?

http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?37389-A-must-read-for-anyone-with-muscle-building-fat-loss-goals

Thanks Champ!

Hey man I thought it was a good read for anyone from the novice to the advanced lifter. For the novice, it gives some great guidelines and suggestions and for the advanced, it reminds them of some of the things that are easily forgotten. Nicely done.

Ox
11-01-11, 8:16 pm
I just read that this morning, and it was exceedingly well done.

Hey man thanks. Wrath is someone that a ton of people look up to because he has an incredible build. But as someone who has had the pleasure of getting to know the man himself, I can tell you that he's a hell of a guy and someone that I'm proud to call a friend.

Ox
11-01-11, 8:18 pm
Hey Ox I've been taking a generic Omega 3 1g twice a day at meal 1 and meal 5 for some time and decided to give Omega a shot. Would you recommend taking the whole pack at a meal or splitting it up into a couple different meals?

I would reccomend one pak two times a day...take each pak at different meals.If you decide to take one pak then you can take it all with one meal.

never_2_big
11-02-11, 12:23 am
New article is great Ox... I know alot of people as I'm sure you do that think becoming a professional athlete isn't anything special. Those figures you threw up in what you wrote may make those kinds of people think otherwise now!!

Hope things are well with you and your family.

JasonG
11-02-11, 1:03 pm
I would reccomend one pak two times a day...take each pak at different meals.If you decide to take one pak then you can take it all with one meal.

Thanks Ox.

solomon_caine
11-03-11, 4:55 am
Carrnage: Bro!! I had a fine time reading it and I found out that I was on track all along with no need for horse juice! I really had no idea how I could go along with my training without asking. To tell you the truth, the article you made just answered every question I had for the pros in the FORVM. A good reviewer if you ask me. lol! Great job on that!

Ox: Sir, (if you wouldn't mind me calling you that) I just wanted to ask if training everyday once with lesser body parts involved is better than training thrice a week and cramming everything in it. From where I am, I'm actually working in a farm, feeding animals and checking on the Moringa plants my mom had told her tenants to plant. I also got some mangoes at the back end of our farm and I get a decent cardio every time I go to that area because it's quite a steep climb. Provided with the kind of work I have, I couldn't really squeeze everything on one day and I only train in the morning because I believe that testosterone levels are higher in the A.M. The only supp I've taken is Tribulus. I quit taking NO shakes because they don't work anymore. Never had a protein shake my entire life and the only thing I depend on is the food that contains them. I also regulate my carbs though it's hard because rice is a staple here and rice here's like a whore; you can't say no to seconds...though I have successfully avoided the temptation of it on a weekday. I have cheat days but they're only on Sunday. What would you recommend?

atcontroller
11-07-11, 9:07 pm
Yo Ox...

Barbell Rows, underhand or overhand grip?

B.C.
11-10-11, 4:46 am
... People are always surprised when you take all those pills. Whatever, it's just fuckin aminos. If I were taking that many amphetamines then that would be shocking.

I know this was a long ass time ago, but that is CLASSIC.

Ox
11-13-11, 4:17 pm
New article is great Ox... I know alot of people as I'm sure you do that think becoming a professional athlete isn't anything special. Those figures you threw up in what you wrote may make those kinds of people think otherwise now!!

Hope things are well with you and your family.

I always thought it was pretty out of the ordinary to be a professional athlete. But then again, I'm impressed with pretty much anyone who is extremely talented in any one area...even more so with people who are multi-talented! The fam is great...thanks for asking buddy.

Ox
11-13-11, 4:20 pm
Ox: Sir, (if you wouldn't mind me calling you that) I just wanted to ask if training everyday once with lesser body parts involved is better than training thrice a week and cramming everything in it. From where I am, I'm actually working in a farm, feeding animals and checking on the Moringa plants my mom had told her tenants to plant. I also got some mangoes at the back end of our farm and I get a decent cardio every time I go to that area because it's quite a steep climb. Provided with the kind of work I have, I couldn't really squeeze everything on one day and I only train in the morning because I believe that testosterone levels are higher in the A.M. The only supp I've taken is Tribulus. I quit taking NO shakes because they don't work anymore. Never had a protein shake my entire life and the only thing I depend on is the food that contains them. I also regulate my carbs though it's hard because rice is a staple here and rice here's like a whore; you can't say no to seconds...though I have successfully avoided the temptation of it on a weekday. I have cheat days but they're only on Sunday. What would you recommend?

For your training I would space bodyparts out...cramming everything into one day is too much. Mango trees sound awesome to me. Keep in mind, since you're working on a farm and I'm guessing that you do a fair amount of manual labor and physical activity, carbs aren't a bad thing for you. What is your goal?

Ox
11-13-11, 4:21 pm
Yo Ox...

Barbell Rows, underhand or overhand grip?

I like overhand...I think it's much safer.

Ox
11-13-11, 4:21 pm
I know this was a long ass time ago, but that is CLASSIC.

If it were a handful of amphetamines I'd be dead!

its Lbc
11-13-11, 8:30 pm

Id say eat lots!!!!!

Potatoes!!!!! Brown rice!!!! own that shit kid granted you might not have the breaks or lunch break on a farm but throw small meals inside the cabs of equipment....theres ways around everything you just need to find em...you need to eat brother thats really the bottom line......keep strong and focused you will reach your end goal.

B.C.
11-13-11, 9:32 pm
If it were a handful of amphetamines I'd be dead!

That would be true...and very unfortunate.

Going back to the Nitro though, I saw that you told someone else NOT to take it with water. Is that just because it won't be AS beneficial, or should I no bullshit take it with something else?

its Lbc
11-13-11, 11:30 pm

Going back to the Nitro though, I saw that you told someone else NOT to take it with water. Is that just because it won't be AS beneficial, or should I no bullshit take it with something else?

speaking for myself.

i dont take it with water because when i was....i was burping up white powder...and not only it is weird burping that shit back up, but holy fuccin uncomfortable!!!!!!!

The carbonation from say selzer waters or juices....i dont ever get the powder "feedback" if thats what u wanna call it....i tend to take it with carbonated liquids. it makes it 100 x's easier to take....i dont know if this is what Ox was meaning by what he said but thats my input on it.

either way it doesnt matter what u take it with just fuccin take it!

GO
HARD!

solomon_caine
11-14-11, 3:19 am
Id say eat lots!!!!!

Potatoes!!!!! Brown rice!!!! own that shit kid granted you might not have the breaks or lunch break on a farm but throw small meals inside the cabs of equipment....theres ways around everything you just need to find em...you need to eat brother thats really the bottom line......keep strong and focused you will reach your end goal.

thanks, man!! maybe Ox could've said the same thing but it's better that I got an early reply. he could've been busy. thanks again, bro!

TheDukeUSMC
11-23-11, 12:57 am
Oh shit, are you prepping for the Arnold? If you are and are one of my fellow competitors I'm afraid I can't help you. I kid I kid. Truth be told, I'm getting ready for the Arnold and I ask myself the same thing. And the answer I always arrive at is that a cut long be long enough to get cut! But obviously you want to do it at a reasonable rate so that you can eat enough and not go overboard with cardio and risk losing muscle! And to different people that means different things. It depends on where you're currently at, how easy/tough it is for you to get in shapem etc etc. For me, I'm going to leave 14 weeks. Based on past experience, 16 weeks is a bit too long and 10 weeks is a bit rushed. I figure that even if I am ahead of where I need to be at any given point, I can remedy it by just eating more. And that's a better place to be than dropping food and doing more cardio. So leave yourself enough time. 16 weeks should be ample time for pretty much anyone. And like I said, if you end up in shape ahead of time, then that's a great place to be. Best of luck.

Thank you very much. I will use those time frames to start. I have about 10 weeks before I start sparring again and a karate tournament in the spring (perhaps March) will be my first event of the "season".

Back To Basics
11-23-11, 4:56 pm
Damn this thread been a little dead lately..
What's happening Evan, hows training going ?

Here is a question that I never see, what goes into choosing posing music?

Ox
11-26-11, 6:54 pm

Taking it with water is fine...when I'm dietting I throw back pack (before, during and after training + during cardio) and it's all done with water. But in the offseason, when I have the luxury of taking advantage of a nice insulin spike, I'll wahs em down with some simple carbs. I usually use a scoop of EAA nitro to get the 35g of dextrose, the extra aminos and the shit tastes damn nice.

Ox
11-26-11, 6:56 pm
speaking for myself.

i dont take it with water because when i was....i was burping up white powder...and not only it is weird burping that shit back up, but holy fuccin uncomfortable!!!!!!!

The carbonation from say selzer waters or juices....i dont ever get the powder "feedback" if thats what u wanna call it....i tend to take it with carbonated liquids. it makes it 100 x's easier to take....i dont know if this is what Ox was meaning by what he said but thats my input on it.

either way it doesnt matter what u take it with just fuccin take it!

GO
HARD!

Just wash em down with enough water and as stupid as it sounds, when you swallow them, be sure to do it with enough fluid. And if you swallow the pills and then go and do a set of bent over rows or something like that they may come up...so take them accordingly. But like you said, just take the shit.

Ox
11-26-11, 6:58 pm
Thank you very much. I will use those time frames to start. I have about 10 weeks before I start sparring again and a karate tournament in the spring (perhaps March) will be my first event of the "season".

And you can never go wrong leaving yourself a little extra time...so long as you're able to recognize if/when you're getting ahead and pull back/adjust things accordingly. Best of luck.

Ox
11-26-11, 7:03 pm
Damn this thread been a little dead lately..
What's happening Evan, hows training going ?

Here is a question that I never see, what goes into choosing posing music?

My bad man. For posing music, I have always tried to select music that:

1. I like- If I don't like it there'a no way I'm gonna pose to it.
2. Fits me- I don't care what anyone else poses to, if I try to pose to something that doesn't fit me, it's gonna look stupid.
3. The crowd KNOWS- The worst thing is seeing guys pose to songs that they love but the audience has never heard before...there is no way they are going to feel the same way about it that you do. And since the routine is to entertain the crowd, yes it does matter. I ahve some soings that I love but don't feel they are well known enough and doubt they would be received the way I would like.
4. Has some degree of seriousness to it/evokes a certain emotional response.- There are some songs that create a certain mood and it doesn't matter who hears it, they will most likely share that same feeling. That feeling should fit your posing and your physique.

Solid Dreams
11-26-11, 7:19 pm
Just wash em down with enough water and as stupid as it sounds, when you swallow them, be sure to do it with enough fluid. And if you swallow the pills and then go and do a set of bent over rows or something like that they may come up...so take them accordingly. But like you said, just take the shit.

Yeah, I took nitro and the last couple of reps I would be burping because I wasn't doing enough water. People were like "Uh, are you dying?"

It's interesting to hear about your choices in posing music. I didnt even think about the crowd music, but a lot of stuff that was on the Olympia I didnt recognize, and it felt awkward.

What are you sitting at, weight wise? When you do your bulks, do you only allow yourself to hit a certain fat percentage? When I do mine (eventually), I'm uncertain on guidelines, because everyone does things differently, but it seems like it'd be a really bad idea to get really fat, since you might not make it down in time without losing a lot of muscle. Even now in those pictures at the ABC, you just looked bulky rather than "fat" like a lot of 'off' season lifters.

B.C.
11-26-11, 9:29 pm

Copy on the just take the shit.

Back To Basics
11-26-11, 9:35 pm
My bad man. For posing music, I have always tried to select music that:

1. I like- If I don't like it there'a no way I'm gonna pose to it.
2. Fits me- I don't care what anyone else poses to, if I try to pose to something that doesn't fit me, it's gonna look stupid.
3. The crowd KNOWS- The worst thing is seeing guys pose to songs that they love but the audience has never heard before...there is no way they are going to feel the same way about it that you do. And since the routine is to entertain the crowd, yes it does matter. I ahve some soings that I love but don't feel they are well known enough and doubt they would be received the way I would like.
4. Has some degree of seriousness to it/evokes a certain emotional response.- There are some songs that create a certain mood and it doesn't matter who hears it, they will most likely share that same feeling. That feeling should fit your posing and your physique.

Haha no need to apologize man, I was just saying how not many people have been posting Q's.
Honestly, there is nothing worse than watching guys pose to hip-hop-rap music and just walk around the stage hitting random shots.. No disrespect to those guys who do that but if you look back at from when Bodybuilding started up to about the year ~2000 nearly all the posing routines were structured and meant something..
I see what you mean how the music has to suit your personality etc - Kai Greenes a good example.

What is it like being so BIG walking around man? I know that in America people are more used to seeing bigger guys walking around but what about overseas?

Solid Dreams
11-26-11, 10:12 pm
Haha no need to apologize man, I was just saying how not many people have been posting Q's.
Honestly, there is nothing worse than watching guys pose to hip-hop-rap music and just walk around the stage hitting random shots.. No disrespect to those guys who do that but if you look back at from when Bodybuilding started up to about the year ~2000 nearly all the posing routines were structured and meant something..
I see what you mean how the music has to suit your personality etc - Kai Greenes a good example.

What is it like being so BIG walking around man? I know that in America people are more used to seeing bigger guys walking around but what about overseas?

It's not even that, most of our "big" guys are just fatasses.

Ox
12-02-11, 11:08 pm
Yeah, I took nitro and the last couple of reps I would be burping because I wasn't doing enough water. People were like "Uh, are you dying?"

It's interesting to hear about your choices in posing music. I didnt even think about the crowd music, but a lot of stuff that was on the Olympia I didnt recognize, and it felt awkward.

What are you sitting at, weight wise? When you do your bulks, do you only allow yourself to hit a certain fat percentage? When I do mine (eventually), I'm uncertain on guidelines, because everyone does things differently, but it seems like it'd be a really bad idea to get really fat, since you might not make it down in time without losing a lot of muscle. Even now in those pictures at the ABC, you just looked bulky rather than "fat" like a lot of 'off' season lifters.

Ha! You should have told em "Yeah. I'm coughing up dust."

Yeah man, the routine is FOR the crowd so it HAS to be something they know and like or you really better razzle dazzle them with a routine that is so damn good it doesn't matter.

I'm 290 right now 2 weeks into my diet for the Arnold. I never measure my bodyfat. It's different each year. I just try to eat well and train hard...the offseason is mist effective if you don't try to beat your body into maintaining a certain bodyfat...that's what pre-contest is for.

Ox
12-02-11, 11:12 pm

I hear ya. And as someone whose strong suit is NOT posing routines, I can certainly appreciate what some of the guys of the past brought to the stage.

I don't know...I just feel normal. In Europe you get a lot of looks....Eastern Europe not so much...bodybuilding and strongman is hugely popular over there. But in places like Italy and Germany they think it's gross. Oh well. Wherever I go, I just mind my own business and try not to notice too much...otherwise it can make you feel uncomfortable.

Solid Dreams
12-02-11, 11:14 pm
Hey Ox, I have a question for you. (i dont know if this is a no-no or what, but..) You were talking about the gland extracts, do you ever take them? I can dig what you're saying on eating what you want to happen to your body, was wondering your thoughts on them as well.

Dave TapouT
12-03-11, 7:01 pm
Hey Ox, New to the game... Lookin to increase, well everything in size and strength... Working on a split routine as of now... I was wondering if there is an exercise I should be doing to help the lower and outter part of my pecks. I'm not big, I'm not very strong.. but all my numbers have just been on the up and up week after week. Is there anything you would reccomend for this?

Sprint
12-03-11, 7:40 pm
I know you're a busy man, with the expanding family & everything, but...

...you need to write articles more often! The latest nutrition article was top notch.

Ox
12-04-11, 7:04 pm
Hey Ox, I have a question for you. (i dont know if this is a no-no or what, but..) You were talking about the gland extracts, do you ever take them? I can dig what you're saying on eating what you want to happen to your body, was wondering your thoughts on them as well.

Dessicated liver! I've been using dessciated liver tabs on and off since 2005. I've had chicken hearts before and they're delicious but I never got in the habit of eating them on the regular. In the offseason I eat bone marrow regularly...it's so damn good. I don't use glandulars but if I was having an issue with my thyroid for example, I would certainly try descciated thyroid(by prescription) before resorting to an all out pharmacutical preparation.

Ox
12-04-11, 7:06 pm
I know you're a busy man, with the expanding family & everything, but...

...you need to write articles more often! The latest nutrition article was top notch.

Thanks buddy. I'll get on it.

Back To Basics
12-05-11, 5:15 pm
Dessicated liver! I've been using dessciated liver tabs on and off since 2005. I've had chicken hearts before and they're delicious but I never got in the habit of eating them on the regular. In the offseason I eat bone marrow regularly...it's so damn good. I don't use glandulars but if I was having an issue with my thyroid for example, I would certainly try descciated thyroid(by prescription) before resorting to an all out pharmacutical preparation.

Chicken hearts in a nice home made soup are awesome..

mass3011
12-06-11, 12:35 pm
Hows the littlen doing, whats your diet looking like now?

jcollins
12-09-11, 7:59 am
Evan,

I saw a video of you doing a seminar in the Animal Cage and you were saying cardio should be done after a meal. I believe that as well because I felt like I lost too much muscle mass when cutting for my first show a few months back. My question to that would be how long after my first meal should I wait to do cardio? I have a Bowlfex Treadclimber at home so I could literally eat and jump right on. Or I could make the drive to my gym (thats close to work) about 45 minutes away then do my cardio there. Which one would make the most sense? Thanks in advance, Jason

Carrnage
12-09-11, 8:17 pm
Hey Evan hows your offseason going? Do you think you are making that chest bigger and your back wider? You been using that decline angle for chest like I mentioned to you awhile back? Any chance you can contact md to shoot you for some training footage any time soon? I heard a rumor you are around 307 pounds and fucking lean?!!? What have you done differently this offseason? How much are you weighing now? You still jumpin up their in the weight? If so thats amazing.

Training videos or we riot.

lol jk

its Lbc
12-12-11, 1:09 pm
Evan whats up brother. It was great finally meeting you this past weekend. Quick question, what does your leg day usually consist of? Do you do everything all in one session or do you do splits?

Ox
12-13-11, 9:35 pm
Chicken hearts in a nice home made soup are awesome..

Yup. This Brazilian place I used to eat at would prepare em and they were so damn good.

Ox
12-13-11, 9:38 pm
Hows the littlen doing, whats your diet looking like now?

The baby is great, thanks.

The diet is clean. I'm 12 weeks out. Eating 6 whole food meals a day and sometimes a shake too. Very similar to last year.

Meal 1: 1 pound ground turkey breast. 1 grapefruit

Meal 2: 12 oz (cooked) fluke, 2 cups white rice, 1 tbsp olive oil

Meal 3: same as 2

Meal 4: 10 oz (cooked) chicken breast, 1 cup steamed squash, 8oz baked potato

Meal 5: same as 4

Meal 6: 8 oz ground turkey breast, 1/2 apple, 1tbsp Udo's Oil

Meal 7: (sometimes) 2 scoops Pro and Oats and 1 scoop Ultra Iso Whey

Ox
12-13-11, 9:40 pm
Evan,

I saw a video of you doing a seminar in the Animal Cage and you were saying cardio should be done after a meal. I believe that as well because I felt like I lost too much muscle mass when cutting for my first show a few months back. My question to that would be how long after my first meal should I wait to do cardio? I have a Bowlfex Treadclimber at home so I could literally eat and jump right on. Or I could make the drive to my gym (thats close to work) about 45 minutes away then do my cardio there. Which one would make the most sense? Thanks in advance, Jason

I think a half an hour to an hour after eating is good. I used to only to cardio first thing in the morning or right after training and I feel it not only burns uscle but is less effective at burning fat. Take the drive. Good luck!

Ox
12-13-11, 9:43 pm
Evan whats up brother. It was great finally meeting you this past weekend. Quick question, what does your leg day usually consist of? Do you do everything all in one session or do you do splits?

Hey man, you should have said you were Lbc! Great to meet you as well. I can appreciate the fact that you drove two hours! I hope you liked the gym and had a good time.

I split up legs. Here's what I do:

Tuesday: Quads- 3 sets of leg press and 3 sets of squats (I'm talking all out sets. I don't count warm up sets as real sets but do quite a few to build up in weight. Then at the end I do a few sets of leg extensions.

Thursday: Hams- 3 sets lying leg curls, 3 sets glute ham raises, 3 sets standing leg curls and 1 set of all out high rep deads( example: last week I did 5 plates for 16 reps)

its Lbc
12-13-11, 10:21 pm
Hey man, you should have said you were Lbc! Great to meet you as well. I can appreciate the fact that you drove two hours! I hope you liked the gym and had a good time.

I split up legs. Here's what I do:

Tuesday: Quads- 3 sets of leg press and 3 sets of squats (I'm talking all out sets. I don't count warm up sets as real sets but do quite a few to build up in weight. Then at the end I do a few sets of leg extensions.

Thursday: Hams- 3 sets lying leg curls, 3 sets glute ham raises, 3 sets standing leg curls and 1 set of all out high rep deads( example: last week I did 5 plates for 16 reps)

Cool shit brother, ima mimic that!

see what the outcome is. when i do squats im scared to go over 225 because of my acl injury couple years back i can rep it for days but when it comes to adding weight my mental game gets all fucked up. think my shit is gunna buckle again. but i think i need to just try it and see what happens.

Back To Basics
12-13-11, 10:27 pm
Yup. This Brazilian place I used to eat at would prepare em and they were so damn good.

Hmm Good stuff, how did they prepare them? I can only really imagine eating them in a stew/soup, unless they are good grilled too on a kebab or something along those lines..

mass3011
12-14-11, 2:55 am
The baby is great, thanks.

The diet is clean. I'm 12 weeks out. Eating 6 whole food meals a day and sometimes a shake too. Very similar to last year.

Meal 1: 1 pound ground turkey breast. 1 grapefruit

Meal 2: 12 oz (cooked) fluke, 2 cups white rice, 1 tbsp olive oil

Meal 3: same as 2

Meal 4: 10 oz (cooked) chicken breast, 1 cup steamed squash, 8oz baked potato

Meal 5: same as 4

Meal 6: 8 oz ground turkey breast, 1/2 apple, 1tbsp Udo's Oil

Meal 7: (sometimes) 2 scoops Pro and Oats and 1 scoop Ultra Iso Whey

Damn that's a lot of food! I have been going to my local fish mongers lately! I have buying plaice which is a nice flat fish, been trying to keep my metabolism on fire, how do you get down a pound of ground turkey? Also what show are you doing?

Ox
12-15-11, 10:39 am
Cool shit brother, ima mimic that!

see what the outcome is. when i do squats im scared to go over 225 because of my acl injury couple years back i can rep it for days but when it comes to adding weight my mental game gets all fucked up. think my shit is gunna buckle again. but i think i need to just try it and see what happens.

Try doing leg presses first...it just may change evertyhing for you. Heavy squats first in the workout could be dangerous if you have an injury or have had one in the past. You will feel like a different person when you squat after peg presses.

Ox
12-15-11, 10:40 am
Hmm Good stuff, how did they prepare them? I can only really imagine eating them in a stew/soup, unless they are good grilled too on a kebab or something along those lines..

Skewered and grilled!

Ox
12-15-11, 10:41 am
Damn that's a lot of food! I have been going to my local fish mongers lately! I have buying plaice which is a nice flat fish, been trying to keep my metabolism on fire, how do you get down a pound of ground turkey? Also what show are you doing?

Fish is an expensive hobby. If you can do it that's great but if you can't it's not worth breaking the bank over. As for the turkey, hot sauce and lemon solves a lot of problems.

Shukin
12-15-11, 10:47 am
I don't see many veggies in your diet, any reason for this?

its Lbc
12-15-11, 7:16 pm
Try doing leg presses first...it just may change evertyhing for you. Heavy squats first in the workout could be dangerous if you have an injury or have had one in the past. You will feel like a different person when you squat after peg presses.

I got legs on Monday. im definitely going to take your advice maybe i have just been doin it all wrong. doin legs really gets me all fucked up in the head get super nervous ahha also it doesnt help alot of the time im doing legs solo. soo dont really have a partner for a spot. with my work schedule i always hit the gym at a random ass time. anyway im going to switch it up a bit and see what the outcome is if i feel more comfortable strength goes up so on and so forth.

jcollins
12-16-11, 3:04 pm
I think a half an hour to an hour after eating is good. I used to only to cardio first thing in the morning or right after training and I feel it not only burns uscle but is less effective at burning fat. Take the drive. Good luck!

Right on man, thanks. I read a lot on your thread and answered a lot of my own question's. If I have any more I will drop one in. Good luck at the Arnold, I will be rooting you on.

its Lbc
12-17-11, 9:27 pm
Evan i was watchin the MD video with you and Poundstone doin chest AGAIN.

What did you think of pressing from the floor? and exactly what does it do and do you still incorporate it in your workouts now and then?

Back To Basics
12-19-11, 7:31 pm
Skewered and grilled!

http://mlkshk.com/r/5CL6

Back To Basics
12-19-11, 7:52 pm
Hey man

I've noticed that the bottom portion of my quads right around my knees are not as well developed as the middle and upper part, I do everything wide stance on leg day and I have long legs so I think that that's the reason why my lower quads are lacking and everything else is growing well. I decided to go close stance on all the legs exercises to try and thicken up the lower parts, what do you think of this? I personally feel that it should work and I damn hope it does but I'm just wondering if you have any tips/past experiences or ideas.

its Lbc
12-19-11, 8:45 pm
Hey man

I've noticed that the bottom portion of my quads right around my knees are not as well developed as the middle and upper part, I do everything wide stance on leg day and I have long legs so I think that that's the reason why my lower quads are lacking and everything else is growing well. I decided to go close stance on all the legs exercises to try and thicken up the lower parts, what do you think of this? I personally feel that it should work and I damn hope it does but I'm just wondering if you have any tips/past experiences or ideas.

Try concentrated and negative leg ext. and focus on contraction.

Carrnage
12-19-11, 8:51 pm
Hey man

Narrow Leg Presses (no lockout, keep constant tension, slow negative, deep as you can go)
Leg Extensions (try bringing knees togethere on the positive and negative, but dont let them come togethere) (no lockout, keep constant tension)

Carrnage
12-19-11, 8:52 pm
Here it was

Hey Evan hows your offseason going? Do you think you are making that chest bigger and your back wider? You been using that decline angle for chest like I mentioned to you awhile back? Any chance you can contact md to shoot you for some training footage any time soon? I heard a rumor you are around 307 pounds and fucking lean?!!? What have you done differently this offseason? How much are you weighing now? You still jumpin up their in the weight? If so thats amazing.

lol jk

zubda345
12-20-11, 1:02 pm
(no lockout, keep constant tension, slow negative, deep as you can go)

Leg Extensions (try bringing knees togethere on the positive and negative, but dont let them come togethere) (no lockout, keep constant tension)

I do this... and trust me this kicks ass!! deff something I TRUST to see progress with. But slow -ve won't allow me to lift heavy weights (prolly heavier then I am lifting now)... I want to see a pro like OX's word on "slow and controlled -ve"

I hope to get a reply... soon...

N. Motta
12-20-11, 1:51 pm
Hey Ox, not trying to clutter up your thread, but I was hoping some of the members that post in your thread often, could help me find the page where you talked about the cleanse involving apples.

Any takers? Search function is kickin my ass.

Back To Basics
12-20-11, 5:34 pm
Hey Ox, not trying to clutter up your thread, but I was hoping some of the members that post in your thread often, could help me find the page where you talked about the cleanse involving apples.

Any takers? Search function is kickin my ass.

I just searched on Google "Evan Centopani Apple cleanse" and found this from MD - Hope it helps man

"Do some type of cleanse. I find the foolowing protocol to be effective:

From the time you wake up until the time you got bed eat nothing but apples. Try to eat more green than red ones but both are fine. Drink plenty of water and tea if you prefer. Just before you go to bed drink 2/3 of a cup of warm olive oil and the juice of 1/2 lemon. Chase that with 1/2 can of coca cola. Go to sleep and lie on your right side with your right knee drawn up toward your chest. After a few hours you should wake up and start flushing.

This will help clear out your gallbladder and your liver."

N. Motta
12-20-11, 8:32 pm
I just searched on Google "Evan Centopani Apple cleanse" and found this from MD - Hope it helps man

"Do some type of cleanse. I find the foolowing protocol to be effective:

From the time you wake up until the time you got bed eat nothing but apples. Try to eat more green than red ones but both are fine. Drink plenty of water and tea if you prefer. Just before you go to bed drink 2/3 of a cup of warm olive oil and the juice of 1/2 lemon. Chase that with 1/2 can of coca cola. Go to sleep and lie on your right side with your right knee drawn up toward your chest. After a few hours you should wake up and start flushing.

This will help clear out your gallbladder and your liver."

Big thank you brother. I appreciate that.

Ox, disregard my previous query. I was hoping to not have you repeat yourself anyways, as I knew you had gone over it. Thanks for the help B2B.

Ox
12-21-11, 8:53 pm
I don't see many veggies in your diet, any reason for this?

Not enough room in my stomach!

Ox
12-21-11, 8:54 pm
I got legs on Monday. im definitely going to take your advice maybe i have just been doin it all wrong. doin legs really gets me all fucked up in the head get super nervous ahha also it doesnt help alot of the time im doing legs solo. soo dont really have a partner for a spot. with my work schedule i always hit the gym at a random ass time. anyway im going to switch it up a bit and see what the outcome is if i feel more comfortable strength goes up so on and so forth.

Did you try it? If so how did it go?

Ox
12-21-11, 8:55 pm
Right on man, thanks. I read a lot on your thread and answered a lot of my own question's. If I have any more I will drop one in. Good luck at the Arnold, I will be rooting you on.

Never hesitate to ask. I'll be here. Thanks man.

Ox
12-21-11, 8:57 pm
Evan i was watchin the MD video with you and Poundstone doin chest AGAIN.

What did you think of pressing from the floor? and exactly what does it do and do you still incorporate it in your workouts now and then?

Derek does it mainly to improve lockout strength on his pressing movements. To be honest, I have not done it again since that day. I think if you're trying to build tricep strength it's good. But for bodybuilding purposes, I don't know that it has much use.

Ox
12-21-11, 8:57 pm
http://mlkshk.com/r/5CL6

Boom goes the dynamite

Ox
12-21-11, 8:59 pm
Hey man

I think you're on the right track. My teardrops were overdveloped early on and i think it's because i never used a wide stance on any of my leg movements. I'd start the workout with leg extensions and go on from there. You should be able to hit your teardrops fairly well with extensions and while your teardrops are still pumped move on...it should help with the mind muscle connection.

Ox
12-21-11, 9:00 pm
Narrow Leg Presses (no lockout, keep constant tension, slow negative, deep as you can go)

I would actually reccomend locking out and squeezing the teardrop.

Ox
12-21-11, 9:04 pm
Here it was

lol jk

Nice. Hahahahaha I need more suggestions for my training like I need a hole in my head. Not to say that none of them are any good, but if I listened to everyone's suggestions I'd be doing something new every week!

Ox
12-21-11, 9:05 pm
Big thank you brother. I appreciate that.

Ox, disregard my previous query. I was hoping to not have you repeat yourself anyways, as I knew you had gone over it. Thanks for the help B2B.

Glad you got it. Good luck and get ready for the shit storm!

its Lbc
12-21-11, 9:21 pm
Did you try it? If so how did it go?

Fuck yea bud!

I use to train legs all in one day. I definitely LOVE splittin it up! Also leg presses first pretty damn good. I was a bot fatigued when it came time to squat, but my knee definitely felt amazing and overall the leg days felt better. My golds gym doesnt have anything to do glute ham raises really soo i just did extra sets of standing and lying leg curls also did a drop set of deads instead of just 1 high rep set.

Big C
12-21-11, 10:29 pm
Yo Ox what is up my brother. I saw the diet the you are on and decided to switch to something amost similar - and although I cannot affford fluke I got about 7 lbs. of some wild caught fish from the states. I really felt I needed to get the whole eggs and red meat out of my diet for a change and this looked perfect.

Now is this a mass gaining diet for you, or just used to maintain what you have..? Just curious, it seems like I have dropped a pound or 2 since I started it but my waist feels a bit tighter and I honestly don't feel as bloated as I did eating all those meat/eggs. Thanks...

Have a good holidays big man and see you at the Arnold.

Back To Basics
12-21-11, 10:48 pm
My golds gym doesnt have anything to do glute ham raises really soo i just did extra sets of standing and lying leg curls also did a drop set of deads instead of just 1 high rep set.

Not to Hi-jack the thread or anything but if you don't have a glut-ham raise machine try doing these instead, it's basically the exact same movement. Hope it helps.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vDLLj-TMWE

Back To Basics
12-21-11, 10:58 pm

I would actually reccomend locking out and squeezing the teardrop.

Thanks for the tips too Carrnage.
I've also always felt squeezing my quads right at the top has been most beneficial.(At least it has for me)
And plus that's the true function of our quads and at lockout is where there is most tension.

jcollins
12-22-11, 4:23 pm
Hey Evan,

I'm on page 182. Getting there. Do you know anything or heard of the Bod Pod? It's suppose to be as accurate as the water dunking to measure lean mass and fat % but a lot more convenient. Anyways, I did it to see what my LBM was so that I can get a good figure on what to start with on my diet and came up with 183. I don't think it's so accurate on body fat because it also measures the fat around your organs. So an experienced nutritionalist came up with 9% using his expensive metal calibers, and the same day the Bod Pod said 17.8%... Well I don't care what one says or the other but I went with the Bod Pod because it's actual LBM that I care about not fat. Which sounds most accurate to you? I'm 5'10", 222 lbs. 29 years old, I can see cuts in my chest, delts, quads, and my abs are quite visible. This was my first show, and I've never really kept up with my macros but want to start using your approach for bulking in the off-season and monitor it every 8-12 weeks using the Bod Pod, then do another show in mid October.

N. Motta
12-22-11, 9:14 pm
Glad you got it. Good luck and get ready for the shit storm!

So, did the apple cleanse all day yesterday. Followed it to a T. Layed on my right side with my knee tucked as long as I could when I layed down. I did a solid deuce right before I made the olive oil and lemon juice. Only thing that happened, was that I woke up in the middle of the night with a little belly ache, and barfed a bit. Rest of the day felt fine. Did a regular deuce later today. Felt fine. Does that mean anything? I eat my fair share of shitty food on occasion.

Back To Basics
12-22-11, 10:27 pm
I think you're on the right track. My teardrops were overdveloped early on and i think it's because i never used a wide stance on any of my leg movements. I'd start the workout with leg extensions and go on from there. You should be able to hit your teardrops fairly well with extensions and while your teardrops are still pumped move on...it should help with the mind muscle connection.

Thanks for the feedback man. I'm planning on smashing my legs close stance for a while, seeing how my legs go than once i'm happy with the way my legs look I'm going to alternate training legs close one week than wide the other to get the benefits of both. Starting the leg extensions first up next leg day, excited to see how it all goes !

Madcat
12-23-11, 11:28 am
Evan, happy holidays to you and the family. Just read the post on the "other parts" of the animals we eat and totally agree. I never thought about it the way you put it, but man, you hit the nail on the head.

Thanks for such a great writeup, and definitely put some things into purspective.

its Lbc
12-23-11, 8:56 pm
Evan whats up brotha!

Just stopin to wish you and your family a Merry christmas and a safe Holiday season. I wish you guys the best and stay stron with your contest prep bud.

Carrnage
12-24-11, 4:19 pm
Thanks for the tips too Carrnage.
I've also always felt squeezing my quads right at the top has been most beneficial.(At least it has for me)
And plus that's the true function of our quads and at lockout is where there is most tension.

No its not the true function lol. Your just saying that because a ifbb pro told you to lockout so you must assume its the "right way". No way you know the full function / range of motion of the quads, not taking a shot at ya, just making a statement.

Is not locking out the right way? You can fully shorten (contract) your quads without locking out your knees. Though its takes practice.

If you have any "lagging" muscles, im the guy to talk to for that. Remember that. Its almost a night and day results after working with me.

Merry X-mas!

Carrnage
12-24-11, 4:24 pm
Nice. Hahahahaha I need more suggestions for my training like I need a hole in my head. Not to say that none of them are any good, but if I listened to everyone's suggestions I'd be doing something new every week!

Oh your such a meathead!!

lol jk! haha

Hey man im just trying to help, hopefully you did bring up your chest and back width. Have you been doing anything new this offseason to get up to such a high bodyweight and being so lean? Training is still the same ol' super heavy high intensity low volume for you right?

And I wasnt really kidding about the training videos.....make some or we riot.

lol

Back To Basics
12-24-11, 6:02 pm
No its not the true function lol. Your just saying that because a ifbb pro told you to lockout so you must assume its the "right way". No way you know the full function / range of motion of the quads, not taking a shot at ya, just making a statement.

Is not locking out the right way? You can fully shorten (contract) your quads without locking out your knees. Though its takes practice.

If you have any "lagging" muscles, im the guy to talk to for that. Remember that. Its almost a night and day results after working with me.

Merry X-mas!

Man this is some of the most ignorant shit I've read in a while,

First of all, a lot of the stuff that YOU read is from IFBB pro's AND fitness guru's -
(MI40 from Ben Pakulski your telling everybody how they should read it)
Secondly, the true function of the Quads is KNEE EXTENSION and it's secondary function is HIP FLEXON which is only performed by the Rectus femoris of the Quad which is also a HIP FLEXOR muscle
Thirdly, if we were all able to contract our Quad TOTALLY without fully extending out your knee you would be able to see striations on the quads without hitting certain poses.
Finally, the reason I know this is because I STUDY IT. And if it weren't true I wouldn't post that up because I'm not that type of person...

I'll leave you with this, "The Biggest Flaw any intelligent person can have is to think that their smarter than everybody else"

N. Motta
12-24-11, 8:18 pm
What thread am I in? I thought I clicked on OX'S Stable.

Back To Basics
12-24-11, 9:17 pm

Sorry man, I'm not here to fight and argue either and the last thing I want to do is clog up a thread. I am trying to keep it civil, but that post was just disrespectful to me and anyone else reading it "You don't know anything your just listening to an IFBB pro" he said that IN A IFFB PRO'S THREAD ! C'mon man I can't be the only one seeing it that way.

N. Motta
12-24-11, 10:57 pm
Carnage, you have a lot of good knowledge and what seems like some legit first hand experience. And you're always willing to help and guide people that don't know as much as you, which is commendable.

But maybe you could consider letting Evan answer questions, that people asked him, since it is his thread.

Carrnage
12-24-11, 11:39 pm
Man this is some of the most ignorant shit I've read in a while,

First of all, a lot of the stuff that YOU read is from IFBB pro's AND fitness guru's -
(MI40 from Ben Pakulski your telling everybody how they should read it)
Secondly, the true function of the Quads is KNEE EXTENSION and it's secondary function is HIP FLEXON which is only performed by the Rectus femoris of the Quad which is also a HIP FLEXOR muscle
Thirdly, if we were all able to contract our Quad TOTALLY without fully extending out your knee you would be able to see striations on the quads without hitting certain poses.
Finally, the reason I know this is because I STUDY IT. And if it weren't true I wouldn't post that up because I'm not that type of person...

I'll leave you with this, "The Biggest Flaw any intelligent person can have is to think that their smarter than everybody else"

I have a degree in bio mechanics/kinesiology/and im PICP Level 2, which you problaby have no clue what PICP is. Ughhh

Don't get mad when I post, im just stating the facts.

You study it? From where? "Generic" websites right?

This is Evan's thread, lets keep it at that, back to basics your always trying to start something, please man, just take a chill pill and enjoy the holidays :)

And a knee extension doesnt have to be fully extended to shorten the quads. Kinda hard to explain it on the web, but for a long explanation on that shoot me up a pm, ill be happy to explain/show you the full bio mechanics of the quads. Theirs a certain amount of hip flexion/knee extension/pelvic movement that has to take place for the quads to fully shorten. Yeah, back to basics, you thought you had me for a second didnt ya? haha, I ensure everything I say is a fact, unless its a opinion I will state it otherwise.

Like Ive always said im here to help, dont fight agaisnt me, as much as you may want to because I reply in the most disrespectfull ways sometimes, you must understand im literally bombarded with personal training / emails / clients everyday, thats why my answers are typically short and direct, im not afraid to call someone out and say they are wrong. Because if I dont, the misleading advice will end up getting taken by a newbie just starting out.

This is Evan;s thread I know, sorry Big man!! haha uhhh hows the baby?

And back to basics, Merry X-mas to ya, wish you the best, and ill be gladly to help you anytime, even though you seem to not get along with me, I see the whole point to this was to help your lower quads. Why not seek out the best? I see your already doing that by asking Evan "Mr Arnold Champ 2012", why not seek out other people aswell? (mastermind concept = success, in this case mastermind concept = rapid muscle growth everywhere!)

MERRY X-MAS :)

ChadO
12-25-11, 6:46 pm
Picp = poliquin international certification program

Carrnage
12-25-11, 8:10 pm
Picp = poliquin international certification program

Thanks for telling him lol, now hes gonna say "i already knew what picp was". Oh well haha

Merry X-mas :)

MRmichael.hooker
12-26-11, 9:36 am

x2. Come on bros, if you have some kind of arguement, take it to the PMs. The Animal Pros are here to answer questions for us and give us some tips, not to have their threads filled with garbage. Hopefully there is enough respect for OX to just shut up or take it to the pms.

Carrnage
12-26-11, 4:29 pm
x2. Come on bros, if you have some kind of arguement, take it to the PMs. The Animal Pros are here to answer questions for us and give us some tips, not to have their threads filled with garbage. Hopefully there is enough respect for OX to just shut up or take it to the pms.

x3!!!!!!!

Thats what im sayin'!!!

Jay
12-26-11, 6:19 pm
Ox,

It was good seeing you at the ABC back on the 10th. Hope your xmas in the new house was a good one. I noticed at the abc you were eating a post workout meal and then going to hit cardio. Do you do cardio everyday? And for how long?

Madcat
12-27-11, 1:15 pm
Evan,

Hope the newbie's first Christmas was a great one! I got to see my neighbors son and thought about your newbie too.

Hope all is well!

Ox
12-27-11, 8:19 pm
Fuck yea bud!

I use to train legs all in one day. I definitely LOVE splittin it up! Also leg presses first pretty damn good. I was a bot fatigued when it came time to squat, but my knee definitely felt amazing and overall the leg days felt better. My golds gym doesnt have anything to do glute ham raises really soo i just did extra sets of standing and lying leg curls also did a drop set of deads instead of just 1 high rep set.

Nice. Sounds like it went well. I'm glad.

Ox
12-27-11, 8:21 pm
Yo Ox what is up my brother. I saw the diet the you are on and decided to switch to something amost similar - and although I cannot affford fluke I got about 7 lbs. of some wild caught fish from the states. I really felt I needed to get the whole eggs and red meat out of my diet for a change and this looked perfect.

Now is this a mass gaining diet for you, or just used to maintain what you have..? Just curious, it seems like I have dropped a pound or 2 since I started it but my waist feels a bit tighter and I honestly don't feel as bloated as I did eating all those meat/eggs. Thanks...

Have a good holidays big man and see you at the Arnold.

That is my pre-contest diet. I notice I definitely feel better without eggs in my diet. I ate them the other night for the first time in a while and felt like shit. And I don't eat a lot of red meat...but I throw it in there when I feel like I need a little something extra

Ox
12-27-11, 8:23 pm
Not to Hi-jack the thread or anything but if you don't have a glut-ham raise machine try doing these instead, it's basically the exact same movement. Hope it helps.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vDLLj-TMWE

That's what I used to do before I bought the glute ham raise.

Ox
12-27-11, 8:26 pm
Hey Evan,

I'm on page 182. Getting there. Do you know anything or heard of the Bod Pod? It's suppose to be as accurate as the water dunking to measure lean mass and fat % but a lot more convenient. Anyways, I did it to see what my LBM was so that I can get a good figure on what to start with on my diet and came up with 183. I don't think it's so accurate on body fat because it also measures the fat around your organs. So an experienced nutritionalist came up with 9% using his expensive metal calibers, and the same day the Bod Pod said 17.8%... Well I don't care what one says or the other but I went with the Bod Pod because it's actual LBM that I care about not fat. Which sounds most accurate to you? I'm 5'10", 222 lbs. 29 years old, I can see cuts in my chest, delts, quads, and my abs are quite visible. This was my first show, and I've never really kept up with my macros but want to start using your approach for bulking in the off-season and monitor it every 8-12 weeks using the Bod Pod, then do another show in mid October.

Never heard of it. Doesn't really matter. You look the way you look and that's it. If you're using it as a means to keep track of whether you're losing bodyfat, then the number itself doesn't really matter.

Ox
12-27-11, 8:27 pm
So, did the apple cleanse all day yesterday. Followed it to a T. Layed on my right side with my knee tucked as long as I could when I layed down. I did a solid deuce right before I made the olive oil and lemon juice. Only thing that happened, was that I woke up in the middle of the night with a little belly ache, and barfed a bit. Rest of the day felt fine. Did a regular deuce later today. Felt fine. Does that mean anything? I eat my fair share of shitty food on occasion.

Maybe you're already clean! I've done it twice and it cleaned my pipes pretty good!

Ox
12-27-11, 8:28 pm
Thanks for the feedback man. I'm planning on smashing my legs close stance for a while, seeing how my legs go than once i'm happy with the way my legs look I'm going to alternate training legs close one week than wide the other to get the benefits of both. Starting the leg extensions first up next leg day, excited to see how it all goes !

Sounds like a plan...good luck! Just be careful with the knees...if you're a taller guy, close stance is tough unless you have incredible flexibility.

Ox
12-27-11, 8:30 pm
Evan, happy holidays to you and the family. Just read the post on the "other parts" of the animals we eat and totally agree. I never thought about it the way you put it, but man, you hit the nail on the head.

Thanks for such a great writeup, and definitely put some things into purspective.

Thanks man. Glad you liked it. I think that a lot of what we either throw away or avoid has potential health benefits.

Ox
12-27-11, 8:31 pm
Evan whats up brotha!

Just stopin to wish you and your family a Merry christmas and a safe Holiday season. I wish you guys the best and stay stron with your contest prep bud.

Thanks homie. Hope your Christmas was a good one!

Ox
12-27-11, 8:33 pm

Merry X-mas!

I always found that locking out put the most stress on my teardrops.

Ox
12-27-11, 8:35 pm
Oh your such a meathead!!

lol jk! haha

Hey man im just trying to help, hopefully you did bring up your chest and back width. Have you been doing anything new this offseason to get up to such a high bodyweight and being so lean? Training is still the same ol' super heavy high intensity low volume for you right?

And I wasnt really kidding about the training videos.....make some or we riot.

lol

Thanks.

Ox
12-27-11, 8:41 pm
Carnage, you have a lot of good knowledge and what seems like some legit first hand experience. And you're always willing to help and guide people that don't know as much as you, which is commendable.

But maybe you could consider letting Evan answer questions, that people asked him, since it is his thread.

Hahahahaha...I don't study biomechanics, I don't have a degree in kinesiology, I don't have a PICP and I'm definitely not LEVEL2! I'm just a guy who likes to lift weights. But if I was someone with all those degrees, imagine how huge I'd be!

Ox
12-27-11, 8:42 pm
Ox,

It was good seeing you at the ABC back on the 10th. Hope your xmas in the new house was a good one. I noticed at the abc you were eating a post workout meal and then going to hit cardio. Do you do cardio everyday? And for how long?

Been doing cardio 5-7 days a week right now. Been sticking to a half hour.

Ox
12-27-11, 8:43 pm
Evan,

Hope the newbie's first Christmas was a great one! I got to see my neighbors son and thought about your newbie too.

Hope all is well!

Hahaha..thanks man, it was a good one. Hope yours was great as well.

Back To Basics
12-27-11, 10:06 pm
Sounds like a plan...good luck! Just be careful with the knees...if you're a taller guy, close stance is tough unless you have incredible flexibility.

I'm not THAT much taller than the regular person - I'm 6'2 so I think all should go well.
Thanks for those tips.
I just read how you and Big-C feel like shit eating eggs and damn I'm feeling it too, I haven't eaten eggs in around 5 months now because I just can't do it anymore, I start feeling nauseous and just terrible..

B.C.
12-27-11, 10:24 pm
...I just read how you and Big-C feel like shit eating eggs and damn I'm feeling it too, I haven't eaten eggs in around 5 months now because I just can't do it anymore, I start feeling nauseous and just terrible..

Ox, I think I remember you eating the shit out of some eggs back in the day, the good vegetarian hen eggs too. What made you try giving them up, and could you tell right away that it was a good decision? Oh yeah, and what is your take on these diets based on your blood type, you think there's any validity to that kind of thing? I'm just curious as to why some people feel like shit when they eat certain things that aren't really linked to food alergies or anything like that.

Carrnage
12-28-11, 12:12 am
Hahahahaha...I don't study biomechanics, I don't have a degree in kinesiology, I don't have a PICP and I'm definitely not LEVEL2! I'm just a guy who likes to lift weights. But if I was someone with all those degrees, imagine how huge I'd be!

Actually you would prolly not be as huge, as most people with superior knowledge tend to get too scientific with things, especially with their training, which sometimes science doesnt always equate to reality. Good thing I have a half and half, a scientific mindset and a meathead mindset, I feel thats why im able to keep adding muscle.

Obviously you were being sarcastic lol, but you didnt answer my other question, or in this case your secret! haha what did you do different this offseason to get so huge and stay so lean?

Thanks big man, sorry for me being a smartass in your thread!

Carrnage
12-28-11, 12:14 am

ouch what a callout to Carrnage haha

jcollins
12-29-11, 9:51 am
Never heard of it. Doesn't really matter. You look the way you look and that's it. If you're using it as a means to keep track of whether you're losing bodyfat, then the number itself doesn't really matter.

I agree. I don't care about the number but I do need to know my LBM to start the diet and run my macros off that. I'm just gonna go with the Bod Pod and check my progress in 4 weeks. The Bod Pod actually accounts the weight of bone structure, organs and body fat so the only thing left is LBM. I'm going to use your approach on bulking and keep it clean this year.

If you don't mind, can you critique my physique and tell me if there is any trouble or lagging body parts that I should pay more attention to?

http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l498/jcollins0101/2012%20Off-Season/FRONTLATSPREAD-1.jpg
http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l498/jcollins0101/2012%20Off-Season/REARDBLBICEP-1.jpg
http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l498/jcollins0101/2012%20Off-Season/MOSTMUSCULAR-1.jpg
http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l498/jcollins0101/2012%20Off-Season/REARLATSPREAD-1.jpg
http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l498/jcollins0101/2012%20Off-Season/ABSandTHIGH-1.jpg
http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l498/jcollins0101/2012%20Off-Season/FRONTDBLBICEP-1.jpg

jcollins
12-29-11, 11:09 am
Evan,

One more thing and I think I will be done picking your brain.
This is the diet I came up with based on 183 lbs. LBM. Tell me if it looks complete to you and if there is anything you'd do differently. The pics above are current, 5'10" 222 lbs. My training is low volume, high intensity:

Mon: Quads & Calves
Tue: Chest & Abs
Wed: Back & Hamstrings
Thu: Cardio 30 Min.
Fri: Delts, Traps & Abs
Sat: Arms, 30 Min Cardio post training
Sun: Cardio 30 Min.

Diet:

5:00 A.M. - Wake up - 1 serving Nitro
5:30 A.M. - 6 whole eggs, 2 cups cream of wheat, 1 serving Pak, 1 serving Omega, 1000mg. Vitamin C, 500mg. Niacin
8:30 A.M. - 42g. Protein Blend, 3/4 cup Quick Oats, 1 tbs. EVOO
11:30 A.M. - 8oz. Beef, 8oz. Potato, 1oz. Almonds
3:00 P.M. - 42g. Protein Blend, 3/4 cup Quick Oats, 1 tbs. EVOO
4:15 P.M. - 1 serving Nitro
4:15 P.M. - 5:15 P.M. - Train
5:15 P.M. - 1 seving Nitro
5:30 P.M. - 48g. Whey Protein, 50g Karbolyn, 10g. Glutamine
6:00 P.M. - 8oz. Chicken Breast, 1 cup brown rice, 1/2 avacado, 1 serving Pak
8:30 P.M. - 24g. Casein Protein, 1 tbs. EVOO
9:30 P.M. - Bedtime

320g Protein (282 complete)
309g Carbohydrate (259 from true carb sources)
132g Fat

Ox
12-29-11, 9:13 pm
I'm not THAT much taller than the regular person - I'm 6'2 so I think all should go well.
Thanks for those tips.
I just read how you and Big-C feel like shit eating eggs and damn I'm feeling it too, I haven't eaten eggs in around 5 months now because I just can't do it anymore, I start feeling nauseous and just terrible..

Just watch those knees. Not a bad idea to skip the eggs for a while. For whatever reason, they start to get to me after a while.

Ox
12-29-11, 9:18 pm
Ox, I think I remember you eating the shit out of some eggs back in the day, the good vegetarian hen eggs too. What made you try giving them up, and could you tell right away that it was a good decision? Oh yeah, and what is your take on these diets based on your blood type, you think there's any validity to that kind of thing? I'm just curious as to why some people feel like shit when they eat certain things that aren't really linked to food alergies or anything like that.

I just started getting sick of them and they were making me feel shitty. I did feel better soon after...fuller, tighter and hungrier. I don't know all that much about blood type diets but one hand they're admitting to the fact that different things work for different people...so then why try to then lump all the people with the same blood types into categories and make assumptions about what food they should/shouldn't eat? Bottom line, figure out what works for you. Maybe blood type isn't a bad place to START and then make changes fro there? You should eat what makes you look and feel good and avoid the things that make you look and feel like shit.

Ox
12-29-11, 9:22 pm
Actually you would prolly not be as huge, as most people with superior knowledge tend to get too scientific with things, especially with their training, which sometimes science doesnt always equate to reality. Good thing I have a half and half, a scientific mindset and a meathead mindset, I feel thats why im able to keep adding muscle.

Obviously you were being sarcastic lol, but you didnt answer my other question, or in this case your secret! haha what did you do different this offseason to get so huge and stay so lean?

Thanks big man, sorry for me being a smartass in your thread!

Now I'm bummed out because I was ready to sign up for the course.

I didn't do anything different this offseason except not do cardio because I was too busy. I was a fat 295 so I didn't really know how to respond to your question.

Ox
12-29-11, 9:26 pm
[QUOTE=jcollins;1183294]I agree. I don't care about the number but I do need to know my LBM to start the diet and run my macros off that. I'm just gonna go with the Bod Pod and check my progress in 4 weeks. The Bod Pod actually accounts the weight of bone structure, organs and body fat so the only thing left is LBM. I'm going to use your approach on bulking and keep it clean this year.

If you don't mind, can you critique my physique and tell me if there is any trouble or lagging body parts that I should pay more attention to?

[QUOTE]

Keep in mind that your precontest diet is just a variation of what you are already doing before you begin your diet. No need to drastically change things...just tweak them. You can figure your LBM and all that but there's no way any machine can tell you exactly what your metabolic rate is/excatly what you require. That's why it's best to pay attention in the offseason and when it's time to diet, just adjust things...trust me, you'll have much more success this way.

As for your physique, your legs are plenty thick and everything else looks good but your back could use some work. I'd make your back width and thickness as well as your shoulder development.

Ox
12-29-11, 9:31 pm
Evan,

One more thing and I think I will be done picking your brain.
This is the diet I came up with based on 183 lbs. LBM. Tell me if it looks complete to you and if there is anything you'd do differently. The pics above are current, 5'10" 222 lbs. My training is low volume, high intensity:

Mon: Quads & Calves
Tue: Chest & Abs
Wed: Back & Hamstrings
Thu: Cardio 30 Min.
Fri: Delts, Traps & Abs
Sat: Arms, 30 Min Cardio post training
Sun: Cardio 30 Min.

Diet:

5:00 A.M. - Wake up - 1 serving Nitro
5:30 A.M. - 6 whole eggs, 2 cups cream of wheat, 1 serving Pak, 1 serving Omega, 1000mg. Vitamin C, 500mg. Niacin
8:30 A.M. - 42g. Protein Blend, 3/4 cup Quick Oats, 1 tbs. EVOO
11:30 A.M. - 8oz. Beef, 8oz. Potato, 1oz. Almonds
3:00 P.M. - 42g. Protein Blend, 3/4 cup Quick Oats, 1 tbs. EVOO
4:15 P.M. - 1 serving Nitro
4:15 P.M. - 5:15 P.M. - Train
5:15 P.M. - 1 seving Nitro
5:30 P.M. - 48g. Whey Protein, 50g Karbolyn, 10g. Glutamine
6:00 P.M. - 8oz. Chicken Breast, 1 cup brown rice, 1/2 avacado, 1 serving Pak
8:30 P.M. - 24g. Casein Protein, 1 tbs. EVOO
9:30 P.M. - Bedtime

320g Protein (282 complete)
309g Carbohydrate (259 from true carb sources)
132g Fat

The thing that stands out right away is a lack of whole food...you only have 3 whole food meals! And from 11:30 a.m. until 6:00 at night you don't have any whole food...no good. You gotta put at least another whole food meal in there and eventually add another. 5 whole food meals should be the minimum.

jcollins
12-30-11, 10:00 am
[QUOTE=jcollins;1183294]I agree. I don't care about the number but I do need to know my LBM to start the diet and run my macros off that. I'm just gonna go with the Bod Pod and check my progress in 4 weeks. The Bod Pod actually accounts the weight of bone structure, organs and body fat so the only thing left is LBM. I'm going to use your approach on bulking and keep it clean this year.

[QUOTE]

Keep in mind that your precontest diet is just a variation of what you are already doing before you begin your diet. No need to drastically change things...just tweak them. You can figure your LBM and all that but there's no way any machine can tell you exactly what your metabolic rate is/excatly what you require. That's why it's best to pay attention in the offseason and when it's time to diet, just adjust things...trust me, you'll have much more success this way.

Thanks for clearing that up for me.

As for your physique, your legs are plenty thick and everything else looks good but your back could use some work. I'd make your back width and thickness as well as your shoulder development.

I appreciate the advise. I will get right on that.

jcollins
12-30-11, 10:16 am
The thing that stands out right away is a lack of whole food...you only have 3 whole food meals! And from 11:30 a.m. until 6:00 at night you don't have any whole food...no good. You gotta put at least another whole food meal in there and eventually add another. 5 whole food meals should be the minimum.

No shit, your right. I didn't even catch that. I will change the 3:00 meal to chicken breast, veggis, potato and almonds. The meal before bed I will probably do cottage cheese and natty pb. I really appreciate the time you put into this. Give em hell at the Arnold.

Jason

RaLVeK
01-11-12, 10:29 am
i would like to know what you think about training early in the morning...and if i should have some sort of meal in me before training so early around 5:30-6 am...
right now, i wake up at 4 in the morning to have breakfast consisting of:
6-7 egg whites
2 whole eggs
5 oz eye of round steak
1/2 an avocado
and then about an hour later i'll toss back a protein shake, mixed with animal rage..
since i read up it not the best idea to eat too many carbs pre workout....should i add a couple slices of ezikiel bread, or atleast half a cup of oats, or cream of wheat or would i be benefited more with my current meal...i'll then hit the gym around 5:30...

Shukin
01-11-12, 10:41 am
How is you color going to be different at this Arnold?

MRmichael.hooker
01-13-12, 8:25 pm
Big OX! I was reading your q&a with Flex in the newest MD; my wife was/is very similar to Erica with taking care of my baby for my bodybuilding needs. Once I started prep, she got up with him every night and didnt wake me once. Shes really great about if i need to eat or stretch or foam roll or something, she wont even tell me he needs a diaper change, she'll just do it so i can do what my body needs. Super lucky to have girls like this. Hope no guys dog you about sleeping in a different room, lol, they just aren't lucky enough to have a great woman behind them.

Carrnage
01-14-12, 8:49 pm

Whats the reason / your theory on that? Liquid powders are basically broken down food. But I agree with you, it is better to get in whole foods instead of shakes because of the vitamin/mineral/enzyme value as thats what your body needs to have in order to assimilate it properly.

Just lookin' for your reason. Even I can learn from a IFBB pro! Oh and good luck at the Arnold. That show is yours for sure. 1st place.

Carrnage
01-14-12, 8:52 pm
Hey Evan I was wondering, do you usually use any detox methods or have specific detoxing days? I know some people do it maybe once every few months. And some if not 98 percent of people dont even do it in their life time lol.

Ox
01-15-12, 1:53 pm
i would like to know what you think about training early in the morning...and if i should have some sort of meal in me before training so early around 5:30-6 am...
right now, i wake up at 4 in the morning to have breakfast consisting of:
6-7 egg whites
2 whole eggs
5 oz eye of round steak
1/2 an avocado
and then about an ho i'll toss back a protein shake, mixed with animal rage..
since i read up it not the best idea to eat too many carbs pre workout....should i add a couple slices of ezikiel bread, or atleast half a cup of oats, or cream of wheat or would i be benefited more with my current meal...i'll then hit the gym around 5:30...

I never had a good experience training early in the morning. I always have more energy, power and better pumps at night. I find myself less able to train with full intensity early in the morning. But this could be because I never did it for long enough. Maybe if I did that for a while I'd get used to it. Still, I don't feel it's optimal. There should be some balance between how much food you take in before and after training.

I would certainly have more carbs before training and of course you need to eat before training. What do you plan on using for energy? Your good looks?

Ox
01-15-12, 1:54 pm
How is you color going to be different at this Arnold?

It will be darker.

Ox
01-15-12, 1:55 pm
Big OX! I was reading your q&a with Flex in the newest MD; my wife was/is very similar to Erica with taking care of my baby for my bodybuilding needs. Once I started prep, she got up with him every night and didnt wake me once. Shes really great about if i need to eat or stretch or foam roll or something, she wont even tell me he needs a diaper change, she'll just do it so i can do what my body needs. Super lucky to have girls like this. Hope no guys dog you about sleeping in a different room, lol, they just aren't lucky enough to have a great woman behind them.

We all have a job to do. So long as we each play our part, everything gets done and everyone is happy,.

Ox
01-15-12, 1:58 pm
Whats the reason / your theory on that? Liquid powders are basically broken down food. But I agree with you, it is better to get in whole foods instead of shakes because of the vitamin/mineral/enzyme value as thats what your body needs to have in order to assimilate it properly.

Just lookin' for your reason. Even I can learn from a IFBB pro! Oh and good luck at the Arnold. That show is yours for sure. 1st place.

I think we can all agree that processed food is less favorbale than food in its natural state. Vitamin/mineral/enzyme value aside, I've done it both ways and have seen the difference between the two. T

Thanks buddy!

Ox
01-15-12, 2:01 pm
Hey Evan I was wondering, do you usually use any detox methods or have specific detoxing days? I know some people do it maybe once every few months. And some if not 98 percent of people dont even do it in their life time lol.

I think drinking plenty of water and keeping enough fiber and green vegetables in your diet is enough for me. Oh, breaking a sweat on a daily basis helps too! If I've been eating heavily for an extended period of time then I think a period of calorie restriction (precontest diet serves the same purpose) helps a lot.

GUNS
01-15-12, 2:39 pm
Good luck with your prep. Im sure things are going well. Looking forward to seeing what changes you have made. Thanks for still stopping in!

C.Coronato
01-16-12, 11:59 am
Few more weeks big bro. Bring it home!

MRmichael.hooker
01-17-12, 3:16 pm

Fuck yeah

TufffGuY
01-19-12, 12:37 am
Ox I'm beginning my Bulk cycle in the next month, I will be adding Omega to my supp lineup. My question is when do you feel is the best time to take the pack, I will be taking 2 a day and I am not sure what times would best be beneficial.

Thanks.

Carrnage
01-21-12, 10:52 pm
Can you give us any updates Evan? Like your weight / how things are going in your prep?

Thanks! (your our hero bro!)

GUNS
01-23-12, 2:33 am
Ox I'm beginning my Bulk cycle in the next month, I will be adding Omega to my supp lineup. My question is when do you feel is the best time to take the pack, I will be taking 2 a day and I am not sure what times would best be beneficial.

Thanks.http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?16321-Animal-Omega-FAQ-3-When-should-I-take-the-Animal-Omega

abucci58@gmail.com
01-26-12, 8:27 pm
Ox,

I've read that you've had tremendous success with the ketogenic diet. I'm soon going to be trying that out myself. Is it possible for you to give an example of a days worth of meals for you when on a KETO?

Thanks,
Ant

TigerAce01
01-27-12, 9:00 am
Ox,

I've read that you've had tremendous success with the ketogenic diet. I'm soon going to be trying that out myself. Is it possible for you to give an example of a days worth of meals for you when on a KETO?

Thanks,
Ant

I believe Ox has posted this a few times in a few places...try looking back in this thread and I'm sure you'll find it! Good luck brother!

-Ace

Solid Dreams
01-27-12, 10:42 am
I believe Ox has posted this a few times in a few places...try looking back in this thread and I'm sure you'll find it! Good luck brother!

-Ace

Plus he's recently said that he thought Keto hindered his progress and he now does carb cycling.

Ox, are you going to be doing any update pics/vids or are you going to keep us in suspense until the Arnold?

I recently met Steve Kuclo at a seminar that was being held to raise money for muscular dystrophy, and he was doing his supp line. The question I have is: All of his products have some sort of "pump" or "volume" inducing product, because they think that it promotes building larger muscles by having bigger pumps and more blood flow, etc. Do you think that's true?

NJC_Manhattan
01-27-12, 8:02 pm
Read your most recent article re: Gurus. The following line, "Only a guy with low self esteem, a tiny dick, and no friends would ever want everyone to believe that he’s some type of superhero bodybuilding witchdoctor and it’s only that type of person that would rather act as a guru and guard their “secrets” rather than teach an aspiring bodybuilder how to be confident in himself and show him how to listen to his body". Hilarious and--more importantly--relevant.

Well said.

Good luck at the Arnie, you're going to kill per usual.

Carrnage
01-29-12, 12:05 am
Man Evan hasn't been on here for awhile....must be busy putting in the hardwork!

Hey can anyone confirm, is Evan doing the Flex Pro or just the Arnold?

But anyways......Evan is gonna come in 283-85 with his best condition ever.....im callin' it now. (not sure how much you weighed in at last years Flex/Arnold) But man once you start competing around 290-305 in super condition its gonna be lights out. Do you see yourself getting that big down the road? Or will you ever put the "brakes" on your size like most guys do? I say this because I want to see "The Next Big Freak" in bodybuilding, sorta like how Ronnie Coleman came outa no where and showcased his never before seen size on stage.

Carrnage's Top 3 Prediction for the Arnold

1)Evan
2)Ben Pakulski
3)Dennis Wolf or Beyeke (I wouldn't be surprised of Beyeke takes 2nd though!)

Man im pumped up for the 2012 season! haha

Ox
01-29-12, 2:46 pm
Good luck with your prep. Im sure things are going well. Looking forward to seeing what changes you have made. Thanks for still stopping in!

Hey man. The prep has been going well. FLYING by! 5 weeks to go. Just over 270 right now and within striking distance!

Ox
01-29-12, 2:47 pm

My man! Almost there. Ready to battle!

Ox
01-29-12, 2:49 pm

Thanks.

Generally, I like mine with my first and last meals of the day....at least space the Omega packs out by a few meals.

Ox
01-29-12, 2:52 pm
Can you give us any updates Evan? Like your weight / how things are going in your prep?

Thanks! (your our hero bro!)

I'm just over 270 right now (morning weight...after going to the bathroom). I feel that I'm about 5 pounds away from being ready for the stage. With 5 weeks to go I plan to take it nice and slow! My food intake is solid...usually pretty satisfied (although I can think of quite a few things I'd RATHER be eating) and I'm continuing to tighten up each week without increasing my cardio. So all things considered, it's going well.

Ox
01-29-12, 3:00 pm
Ox,

Thanks,
Ant

I turned pro using a ketogenic diet. It can certainly be used succesfully. However, if you decide to go this route, it's important to introduce carbs into your diet regularly (every 3rd or 4th day). I used to have one cheat meal a week and found that my body didn't respond favorably to carbs. You definitely need to include carbs often enough to keep your body familiar with digesting and assimilating them. Aside from that, be sure to keep your calories high enough and only reduce them if absolutely necessary.

Ox
01-29-12, 3:06 pm
Plus he's recently said that he thought Keto hindered his progress and he now does carb cycling.

Ox, are you going to be doing any update pics/vids or are you going to keep us in suspense until the Arnold?

I recently met Steve Kuclo at a seminar that was being held to raise money for muscular dystrophy, and he was doing his supp line. The question I have is: All of his products have some sort of "pump" or "volume" inducing product, because they think that it promotes building larger muscles by having bigger pumps and more blood flow, etc. Do you think that's true?

I'm pretty sure the guys at Animal have some plans for some upcoming training footage before the show.

As for pump inducing supps, my opinion is that you are properly rested, on top of your nutrition and properly hydrated, your pumps should be fine. Blood flow is certainly crucial. You know what's good for blood flow? Cardio. If you're healthy and on top of your diet you don't NEED pump supps. However, I do believe they can be used succesfuly when cycled. I would just discourage anyone from DEPENDING on them all the time. As with anything else, they're supplements and should only be used when your lifestyle is on point and your diet is good. Ironically, I think people use supps when there diet sucks or to make up for a lack of energy, sleep etc. Supps work best when you have everyhting else in order!

Ox
01-29-12, 3:07 pm
Read your most recent article re: Gurus. The following line, "Only a guy with low self esteem, a tiny dick, and no friends would ever want everyone to believe that he’s some type of superhero bodybuilding witchdoctor and it’s only that type of person that would rather act as a guru and guard their “secrets” rather than teach an aspiring bodybuilder how to be confident in himself and show him how to listen to his body". Hilarious and--more importantly--relevant.

Well said.

Good luck at the Arnie, you're going to kill per usual.

Hey man how have you been?!

Ox
01-29-12, 3:12 pm
Man Evan hasn't been on here for awhile....must be busy putting in the hardwork!

Hey can anyone confirm, is Evan doing the Flex Pro or just the Arnold?

But anyways......Evan is gonna come in 283-85 with his best condition ever.....im callin' it now. (not sure how much you weighed in at last years Flex/Arnold) But man once you start competing around 290-305 in super condition its gonna be lights out. Do you see yourself getting that big down the road? Or will you ever put the "brakes" on your size like most guys do? I say this because I want to see "The Next Big Freak" in bodybuilding, sorta like how Ronnie Coleman came outa no where and showcased his never before seen size on stage.

Carrnage's Top 3 Prediction for the Arnold

1)Evan
2)Ben Pakulski
3)Dennis Wolf or Beyeke (I wouldn't be surprised of Beyeke takes 2nd though!)

Man im pumped up for the 2012 season! haha

I'm only doing the Arnold this year.

Last year I was 259.5 on stage. I plan to be around 265 this year.

I appreciate the vote of confidence though!

300 pounds on stage is kind of unrealistic. I believe Ronnie was close to that but to believe I will ever compete that large would be delusional on my part.

NJC_Manhattan
01-29-12, 3:29 pm
Hey man how have you been?!

Very well. I saw our mutual friends this past weekend in New Haven. The married couple from the NH Yacht club 2 years ago. They're doing great.

Myself, just working, taking care of family, and going to gym. Basically, I'm pretending to be an adult. But most of its smoke and mirrors. How's all going on your end? Last time I saw you, the cable row machine apparently didn't have enough weight on it and you felt it needed a plate or 2. Ha

On a side note, I'll be spending a lot more time in the GNHA this year and am thinking of joining Golds, just so I have a gym here. But at 6 feet, 190, I may be too small for that place. No wonder they open the garage doors so guys can actually get in and out of the place.

Keep killing it Evan. I know you're doing serious work/diet right now.

JasonG
01-29-12, 8:28 pm
Saw your 5 weeks out pics that were posted. Looking incredible man!

Back To Basics
01-29-12, 9:34 pm
Hey man I just checked out the pics over at MD - Dude you look incredible.

Carrnage
01-29-12, 10:43 pm
I'm only doing the Arnold this year.

Last year I was 259.5 on stage. I plan to be around 265 this year.

I appreciate the vote of confidence though!

300 pounds on stage is kind of unrealistic. I believe Ronnie was close to that but to believe I will ever compete that large would be delusional on my part.

Right on! Competing at 250+ on stage is no joke. Huge status! And 4-7 pound gain in a year for a Top Caliber IFBB Pro may sound like a little to most people but its actually a huge gain!

And I saw the new pics posted on MD, looks like you brought up your pecs tremendously! What have you done differently this year?

Max-Angle
01-30-12, 12:23 pm
I was curious if it would be possible for an autograph Mr. Centopani, i'd pay for postage? I am a huge fan, your the reason I love what I do.

Carrnage
01-30-12, 10:45 pm
Yo Evan I made this little "thought" or I guess you can all it a motivational article, can you tell me your thoughts on it? I am a huge fan of yours!And Absolutely, positively, no and I mean no, none, not any, no ****! lol

Are you a leader or a follower?
By your friendly neighborhood forum member Carrnage

I gota story....here it goes....

I was recently asked on how I got into bodybuilding. So why not answer that question in great detail? I got into bodybuilding because I was very insecure with how I looked and felt about myself, still am up to this day, but not as much. I was a twig back then, fat, basically looked/felt like shit. My mindset on who I really am is a "leader" rather than a "follower" so I put in the consistent dedication to change my life. I talk about being a leader/follower because if your a leader, you do everything it takes to become you thought yourself to be, no matter what it is. A follower accepts being "average", being 2nd place, doesn't dream big.

I can tell ya, I dream super big, I ensure I am 2 steps above average, I can't take 2nd place, if 2nd place occurs, I completely take it as a failure and ensure I come back and completely dominate my competition in the cockiest manner you can think of. Literally. You cant second guess yourself, overthink things, or be afraid of failure. No matter what sport/situation your in, being a "leader" is important, more important that first impressions, its the moment when someone is about to make fun of you in a very disrespectful manner or even physically hurt you, and within a split second they realize your one of those guys not to "fuck around with", a guy not to get pissed off. My body language is so strong, some may call it cocky, over confident, or even villain like. I say its my protector, my armor, my red button to push when times get rough. Rage maybe? You gota have rage inside of you. And lately ive realized it as I watched Kai Greene's Rage speech for the 78th time.

If your a leader, girls will sense that, guys will fear that. More women will be attracted to your body language, guys will fear your body language like I mentioned above, guys will sense your body language, they will not fuck with you, they will think twice about what they say even if its a compliment, and they will "follow" you. Sorta like a high school scenario, you have a group of guys, 1 of them is a jock, the guy that gets alot of women, attraction and praise/respect from guys, obviously im talking about the "leader". And the rest of them are just "following" the leader, they don't have the body language that the jock has, but they try and copy/praise what the jock does. But deep down inside they are just "followers" and it still shows on the outside/real world. Girls will not be as attracted to those 4 followers, less to no attention to those 4 followers from both sexes. The followers are the guys that will literally get eaten up by other men. Eaten up? I mean being made fun of, being the "target" as the guy to get pushed around because everyone knows he won't do a damn thing about it. The women will sense the follower (ers), as they will not want to unzip your pants no matter "how much game" you have, they will look at you like your a little boy no matter how tall/fat/muscular you are. Women want to be with a strong man that leads and ensures safety, and by strong im not talking about a 500 pound bench press, im talking about a strong heart, body language, no different than the "wild life" in a jungle.

A leader. A man that doesn't give a fuck on who or what anyone says about him. If someone has something to say about him, whether its good or bad, just to take it in consideration, it needs to be said right in front of his face, nose to nose. A man that doesn't care how big his dick is. A man that doesn't care if he has to go through epic failures to get what he wants in the long run. (oh and news flash, the leader "naturally" doesn't fails, failure fails the leader in attempt to make him fail, spiritually, haha confused?) A man that has strong belief even if the world world is against it. A man that walks with no fear no matter where he is, what territory it is. A man that strikes in "instant intimidation", via body language, maybe its his walk? How loud he speaks? How he looks at everyone dead in the eyes everytime you talk to them? How he naturally knows what to say to every type of women (common brothers, we all know the difference between girls-women-slut-real women haha), he doesn't have any fear on what he says, no second thoughts, doesn't even have to think about it

Being a leader can be considered "cocky". Its only cocky if they use it for money or fame. You ain't no superhero unless you love and appreciate everything in / about life.

Obviously its the mindset. Its the mind that will allow you to complete your goals. The way you think is everything.

Remember that.

Iverson3030
01-31-12, 12:45 am
Saw your recent pics...looking nasty bro. I saw somewhere that u stopped eating eggs and feel that is has helped your physique..what do u do for protein source for breakfast currently instead? My question is do u think the quality or absorption of a high quality pasteurized egg white product is any less than the current eggs i eat now which are egglands best omega 3 eggs. I usually do 5 whole eggs and scoop of whey isolate with my oats but have a rough time getting them down sometime so I am thinking about switching to a high quality egg white and just putting the whey in them and drinking them. I know you are very funny about particular things in your diet and regiment and would like your opinion on this...thanks a lot and good luck at the arnold i will be rooting for u

In Flames
02-01-12, 11:12 am
Saw your recent pics...looking nasty bro. I saw somewhere that u stopped eating eggs and feel that is has helped your physique..what do u do for protein source for breakfast currently instead? My question is do u think the quality or absorption of a high quality pasteurized egg white product is any less than the current eggs i eat now which are egglands best omega 3 eggs. I usually do 5 whole eggs and scoop of whey isolate with my oats but have a rough time getting them down sometime so I am thinking about switching to a high quality egg white and just putting the whey in them and drinking them. I know you are very funny about particular things in your diet and regiment and would like your opinion on this...thanks a lot and good luck at the arnold i will be rooting for u

Great question, I would also like to hear Evan's thoughts on this. Evan the diet you first posted in this thread...I made the changes to what I eat, you had more food overall (6 eggs, 8 oz of protein, etc)

Pre-contest
Meal 1: 4 Whole eggs (Eggland's Best) (you had 6 eggs)

Meal 2: 2 Scoops Whey Isolate and 1 tbsp natural peanut butter

Meal 3: 6 oz chicken, 2 cups green salad, 1tbsp olive oil

Meal 4: same as meal 2

Meal 5: 6 oz salmon or some other type of fish, 2 cups spinach salad, 1tbsp olive oil

Meal 6: same as meals 2+4

You said this is your foundation diet and that for off season you add carbs to each meal, anything besides breads and sugars. My carb choices are usually oats in my shakes, sweet potato or white rice (can't stand brown rice) for lunch or dinner. Some days though I drop my carbs down in half or just won't eat any, kind of carb cycling here and there. Just depends how hungry I am hahah.

What would you change about this diet now a days? I've been trying to follow this diet almost to the T and it has been working great and is actually quite easy to follow. Straight to the point and nothing confusing. The only thing I pretty much changed is the amount of food and the shakes, I just do 2 scoops of Whey Isolate w/ natural peanut butter. I'm a lot smaller than you, I do modeling so I can't eat that much food to get too big for photo shoots.

Thanks for your time Evan, you're going to kill it at this years Arnold.

TigerAce01
02-02-12, 1:51 pm
Hey Carnage, with all your degrees I thought you would know the difference between "your" and "you're"...

-Ace

Carrnage
02-02-12, 8:09 pm
hey carnage, with all your degrees i thought you would know the difference between "your" and "you're"...

-ace

haters gona hate!

-Carrnage

TheGreatWhite
02-02-12, 8:30 pm
What's up Evan?

I had the chance to train with you at The Arnold 2 years ago, and I took a lot away from it. If you don't remember, I was the kid looking for Wrath and I happened to ask you if you knew where he was, but sadly he had been in that car accident, thank God he came out alright. Anyways, I'm busting out a back session Tuesday night, and as I'm setting up for deadlifts at the end of my workout, your final Road to the Arnold video starts playing in my headphones. I watch that video often, and is a killer source to draw from, whether it be insight or just a sheer reminder of why all of us train as hard as we do. You always talk about balls to the wall, all out failure training. Never a problem, but on some nights you just need a swift kick, and I sure as hell got one. Ended up taking my final two sets to failure. I've done that plenty of times, but that video helped me gut it out a little more.

I wish most other bodybuilders today could have the same insights and philosophies that you do, but then again that's what makes you unique, right? All I'm saying is that you are most definitely an inspiration for me, especially after my first experience at The Arnold 2 years ago. You could have easily turned me in the direction to train with someone else, but you asked if I'd want to tag along with you that night, and man I was thrilled.

You keep doing the damn thing man, you definitely have a strong following in Southern Indiana. Good luck this year at the Arnold, and may good health and wellness come to you and your new family! Hope to see you in Columbus!

Lucas

Carrnage
02-04-12, 12:02 am
Mothafucka you crazy! Deadlifting with high reps for hams on 1 day, then the next doing heavy deadlifts for back!!?! Your a monster bro

I love your intensity, I also love how your deadlifting pre contest, it makes me sick seeing bodybuilders make excuses for not doing squats/deadlifts weeks before a contest. Shit....bodybuilders rarely even do them in the offseason nowa days!

Good Luck for the Arnold!

mass3011
02-04-12, 3:15 am
Evan, looking great bro! What your diet like now being so close? What did you do to bring up that chest?
Mass

Solid Dreams
02-04-12, 9:15 am
Oh man, this is exciting as hell. It's great just getting to see you work out because you are amazing. You look great and you're 5 weeks out? Gonna slaughter that competition!

CARNIVOR
02-04-12, 4:59 pm
Yo Evan hows the family life going? My gorgeous girl is 3 months now. Now I don't expect you to remember this but I wrote on the thread last fall telling you how I was moving to Colorado and that I'd probably have to build my own gym in my dungeon of a basement. Since I moved here there are no chain gyms, none of the rec centers have weights, and the gyms I've toured are all geared towards yoga, cycling, and running. And NONE of them cost less than $145 a month for ONE person. I guess thats what I get moving to a tourist area (Vail Valley). So all I have is a bench set that I use and I have such little weight I have to to reps upwards of 20-30 for some moves. Well thats enough of my venting. My dungeon will grow slowly. It's just torture watching you hit back with deads and Branch hit delts on MD. My question is, is there a reason you start deadlifting from the rack and not the floor? I assume it's because it's easier to load plates there than from the floor. Good luck at the Arnold!

CARNIVOR

Solid Dreams
02-05-12, 11:57 pm
Hey Evan, I was watching your shoulder workout. It looked like you were doing half arnolds, what does that do? Is it your own modification or did you have someone suggest it?

Ox
02-08-12, 3:59 pm
Very well. I saw our mutual friends this past weekend in New Haven. The married couple from the NH Yacht club 2 years ago. They're doing great.

Myself, just working, taking care of family, and going to gym. Basically, I'm pretending to be an adult. But most of its smoke and mirrors. How's all going on your end? Last time I saw you, the cable row machine apparently didn't have enough weight on it and you felt it needed a plate or 2. Ha

On a side note, I'll be spending a lot more time in the GNHA this year and am thinking of joining Golds, just so I have a gym here. But at 6 feet, 190, I may be too small for that place. No wonder they open the garage doors so guys can actually get in and out of the place.

Keep killing it Evan. I know you're doing serious work/diet right now.

That's great. We didn't get to see them around Christmas time. So if you speak to them before me, give them my best!

Hahahaha...pretending...one of the sociological theories suggests that our entire life is a play and we're simply actors! To some extent it's true. Everything is going really well, thanks. Hahahaha...believe it or not, on my back training, I've lightend some movements up in favor of a better contraction...I think it's working. We'll see.

Look forward to seeing you at Gold's...see, we can accomodate anyone...the real judgment free zone!

Ox
02-08-12, 3:59 pm
Saw your 5 weeks out pics that were posted. Looking incredible man!

Hey man I just checked out the pics over at MD - Dude you look incredible.

Thanks guys

Ox
02-08-12, 4:01 pm
Right on! Competing at 250+ on stage is no joke. Huge status! And 4-7 pound gain in a year for a Top Caliber IFBB Pro may sound like a little to most people but its actually a huge gain!

And I saw the new pics posted on MD, looks like you brought up your pecs tremendously! What have you done differently this year?

Thanks man. Just continuing to hammer the chest...heavy pressing movements with forced reps. But have also been doing a good deal of pre-exhaust.

Ox
02-08-12, 5:08 pm
Yo Evan I made this little "thought" or I guess you can all it a motivational article, can you tell me your thoughts on it? I am a huge fan of yours!And Absolutely, positively, no and I mean no, none, not any, no ****! lol

Are you a leader or a follower?
By your friendly neighborhood forum member Carrnage

I gota story....here it goes....

I was recently asked on how I got into bodybuilding. So why not answer that question in great detail? I got into bodybuilding because I was very insecure with how I looked and felt about myself, still am up to this day, but not as much. I was a twig back then, fat, basically looked/felt like shit. My mindset on who I really am is a "leader" rather than a "follower" so I put in the consistent dedication to change my life. I talk about being a leader/follower because if your a leader, you do everything it takes to become you thought yourself to be, no matter what it is. A follower accepts being "average", being 2nd place, doesn't dream big.

I can tell ya, I dream super big, I ensure I am 2 steps above average, I can't take 2nd place, if 2nd place occurs, I completely take it as a failure and ensure I come back and completely dominate my competition in the cockiest manner you can think of. Literally. You cant second guess yourself, overthink things, or be afraid of failure. No matter what sport/situation your in, being a "leader" is important, more important that first impressions, its the moment when someone is about to make fun of you in a very disrespectful manner or even physically hurt you, and within a split second they realize your one of those guys not to "fuck around with", a guy not to get pissed off. My body language is so strong, some may call it cocky, over confident, or even villain like. I say its my protector, my armor, my red button to push when times get rough. Rage maybe? You gota have rage inside of you. And lately ive realized it as I watched Kai Greene's Rage speech for the 78th time.

If your a leader, girls will sense that, guys will fear that. More women will be attracted to your body language, guys will fear your body language like I mentioned above, guys will sense your body language, they will not fuck with you, they will think twice about what they say even if its a compliment, and they will "follow" you. Sorta like a high school scenario, you have a group of guys, 1 of them is a jock, the guy that gets alot of women, attraction and praise/respect from guys, obviously im talking about the "leader". And the rest of them are just "following" the leader, they don't have the body language that the jock has, but they try and copy/praise what the jock does. But deep down inside they are just "followers" and it still shows on the outside/real world. Girls will not be as attracted to those 4 followers, less to no attention to those 4 followers from both sexes. The followers are the guys that will literally get eaten up by other men. Eaten up? I mean being made fun of, being the "target" as the guy to get pushed around because everyone knows he won't do a damn thing about it. The women will sense the follower (ers), as they will not want to unzip your pants no matter "how much game" you have, they will look at you like your a little boy no matter how tall/fat/muscular you are. Women want to be with a strong man that leads and ensures safety, and by strong im not talking about a 500 pound bench press, im talking about a strong heart, body language, no different than the "wild life" in a jungle.

A leader. A man that doesn't give a fuck on who or what anyone says about him. If someone has something to say about him, whether its good or bad, just to take it in consideration, it needs to be said right in front of his face, nose to nose. A man that doesn't care how big his dick is. A man that doesn't care if he has to go through epic failures to get what he wants in the long run. (oh and news flash, the leader "naturally" doesn't fails, failure fails the leader in attempt to make him fail, spiritually, haha confused?) A man that has strong belief even if the world world is against it. A man that walks with no fear no matter where he is, what territory it is. A man that strikes in "instant intimidation", via body language, maybe its his walk? How loud he speaks? How he looks at everyone dead in the eyes everytime you talk to them? How he naturally knows what to say to every type of women (common brothers, we all know the difference between girls-women-slut-real women haha), he doesn't have any fear on what he says, no second thoughts, doesn't even have to think about it

Being a leader can be considered "cocky". Its only cocky if they use it for money or fame. You ain't no superhero unless you love and appreciate everything in / about life.

Obviously its the mindset. Its the mind that will allow you to complete your goals. The way you think is everything.

Remember that.

Sweet article. It's great that you see yourself as a leader and keep a positive mindset.

Ox
02-08-12, 5:10 pm

For my first meal I have ground turkey breast and a baked potato.

Ox
02-08-12, 5:21 pm
Great question, I would also like to hear Evan's thoughts on this. Evan the diet you first posted in this thread...I made the changes to what I eat, you had more food overall (6 eggs, 8 oz of protein, etc)

Pre-contest
Meal 1: 4 Whole eggs (Eggland's Best) (you had 6 eggs)

Meal 2: 2 Scoops Whey Isolate and 1 tbsp natural peanut butter

Meal 3: 6 oz chicken, 2 cups green salad, 1tbsp olive oil

Meal 4: same as meal 2

Meal 5: 6 oz salmon or some other type of fish, 2 cups spinach salad, 1tbsp olive oil

Meal 6: same as meals 2+4

You said this is your foundation diet and that for off season you add carbs to each meal, anything besides breads and sugars. My carb choices are usually oats in my shakes, sweet potato or white rice (can't stand brown rice) for lunch or dinner. Some days though I drop my carbs down in half or just won't eat any, kind of carb cycling here and there. Just depends how hungry I am hahah.

What would you change about this diet now a days? I've been trying to follow this diet almost to the T and it has been working great and is actually quite easy to follow. Straight to the point and nothing confusing. The only thing I pretty much changed is the amount of food and the shakes, I just do 2 scoops of Whey Isolate w/ natural peanut butter. I'm a lot smaller than you, I do modeling so I can't eat that much food to get too big for photo shoots.

Thanks for your time Evan, you're going to kill it at this years Arnold.

Hey man, as a base diet upon which to add carbs, I think it looks good. In recent years I've found less shakes and more whole food to be beneficial but it's okay to start here then progressively add more food and cut out shakes.

Ox
02-08-12, 5:25 pm

I do ground turkey breast and a baked potato for my first meal. Eggs just weren't sitting well with me anymore. As for quality, I'd stick to basics. I generally believe that the less processed, the better. Also, you're talking to someone who prefers to eat the whole egg...not a fan of whites. Using the combo of egg whites and protein powder as an in between meal snack is cool but I definitely don't consider it good enough to call a meal. Meals should consist of whole foods. ESPECIALLY the first meal of the day.

Ox
02-08-12, 5:29 pm
What's up Evan?

I had the chance to train with you at The Arnold 2 years ago, and I took a lot away from it. If you don't remember, I was the kid looking for Wrath and I happened to ask you if you knew where he was, but sadly he had been in that car accident, thank God he came out alright. Anyways, I'm busting out a back session Tuesday night, and as I'm setting up for deadlifts at the end of my workout, your final Road to the Arnold video starts playing in my headphones. I watch that video often, and is a killer source to draw from, whether it be insight or just a sheer reminder of why all of us train as hard as we do. You always talk about balls to the wall, all out failure training. Never a problem, but on some nights you just need a swift kick, and I sure as hell got one. Ended up taking my final two sets to failure. I've done that plenty of times, but that video helped me gut it out a little more.

I wish most other bodybuilders today could have the same insights and philosophies that you do, but then again that's what makes you unique, right? All I'm saying is that you are most definitely an inspiration for me, especially after my first experience at The Arnold 2 years ago. You could have easily turned me in the direction to train with someone else, but you asked if I'd want to tag along with you that night, and man I was thrilled.

You keep doing the damn thing man, you definitely have a strong following in Southern Indiana. Good luck this year at the Arnold, and may good health and wellness come to you and your new family! Hope to see you in Columbus!

Lucas

Of course I remember you.

That's fantastic that you're able to draw upon something for motivation. We all need something!

Well, everyone has their own philosphies and things that they have found to work for them. Everyone has to be themselves. I just do me. But I appreciate the compliment.

Thanks for the well wishes bro and the best to you and yours. See you at the Arnold?

Ox
02-08-12, 5:30 pm
Mothafucka you crazy! Deadlifting with high reps for hams on 1 day, then the next doing heavy deadlifts for back!!?! Your a monster bro

I love your intensity, I also love how your deadlifting pre contest, it makes me sick seeing bodybuilders make excuses for not doing squats/deadlifts weeks before a contest. Shit....bodybuilders rarely even do them in the offseason nowa days!

Good Luck for the Arnold!

Yeah man, deadlifts are an extremely important exercise ESPECIALLY when dietting. Thanks man.

Ox
02-08-12, 5:32 pm
Evan, looking great bro! What your diet like now being so close? What did you do to bring up that chest?
Mass

Protein stays around 400g a day and carbs and fats get manipulated depending. Some days I nmay have 400g of carbs and some days it's around 150g. Depends. Fats are usually around 50g.

For chest, I just keep hitting it hard. Have also been doing a good amount of pre-exhaust and I like it.

Ox
02-08-12, 5:33 pm
Oh man, this is exciting as hell. It's great just getting to see you work out because you are amazing. You look great and you're 5 weeks out? Gonna slaughter that competition!

Thanks. I appreciate the vote of confidence!

Ox
02-08-12, 5:36 pm
Yo Evan hows the family life going? My gorgeous girl is 3 months now. Now I don't expect you to remember this but I wrote on the thread last fall telling you how I was moving to Colorado and that I'd probably have to build my own gym in my dungeon of a basement. Since I moved here there are no chain gyms, none of the rec centers have weights, and the gyms I've toured are all geared towards yoga, cycling, and running. And NONE of them cost less than $145 a month for ONE person. I guess thats what I get moving to a tourist area (Vail Valley). So all I have is a bench set that I use and I have such little weight I have to to reps upwards of 20-30 for some moves. Well thats enough of my venting. My dungeon will grow slowly. It's just torture watching you hit back with deads and Branch hit delts on MD. My question is, is there a reason you start deadlifting from the rack and not the floor? I assume it's because it's easier to load plates there than from the floor. Good luck at the Arnold!

CARNIVOR

I do remember! Man, it's great to hear your daughter is doing well. The fam is doing great here.

Sorry to hear the gym scene sucks so bad out there! Man, that's terrible. $145 a month?! That's outrageous. Well, I'd keep an eye on Craigslist and Ebay for used gym equipment and like you said, build your own place slowly.

Doing deads from the rack always seemed safer to me so that's why I do them that way.

Ox
02-08-12, 5:37 pm
Hey Evan, I was watching your shoulder workout. It looked like you were doing half arnolds, what does that do? Is it your own modification or did you have someone suggest it?

It's just something I tried. Give it a try. Just remember to try and come out as wide as possible on the way down.

JUGGERNAUT
02-08-12, 5:38 pm
Ox, Bison, Buffalo...whatever.... you are a giant ANIMAL. Best wishes at the show but you really don't need the wishes, you got this one already.

TheGreatWhite
02-08-12, 7:28 pm
Of course I remember you.

That's fantastic that you're able to draw upon something for motivation. We all need something!

Well, everyone has their own philosphies and things that they have found to work for them. Everyone has to be themselves. I just do me. But I appreciate the compliment.

Thanks for the well wishes bro and the best to you and yours. See you at the Arnold?

Thanks! And of course, I'll be there! So I'll definitely come say hey!

kcburrows
02-10-12, 2:25 pm
Evan, Man your looking great. I hope you and the family are doing great. Cant wait to see you at the A. Its gonna be sweet to have a Animal brother we all love representing as the arnold classic winner! I saw in your MD video that you do your own nutrition and you obviously have a ton of knowledge on the topic. A lot of these magazines we read are all filled with shit diets that rarely have people getting results. What all did you read when and where did you gain all your knowledge from when you decided to take your nutrition into your own hands?

Universal Rep
02-10-12, 3:27 pm
New vids and photos bein' posted. For latest updates, check out the "Road to the Arnold" thread... http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?38005-Evan-quot-Ox-quot-Centopani-amp-The-2012-Arnold-Classic

mritter3
02-10-12, 10:12 pm
hey Evan, just wondering, with time to reflect on last year's Arnold, have you changed anything as far as training or diet to prepare for this year?

also when you train do you listen to music such as mp3 player, just curious what you got blasting in your ears when your killing it in the gym...thanks and best of luck to ya in Cbus.

Joe_clay
02-11-12, 10:44 am
Hey,

Just been watching the recent training videos of your preparation for the Arnold, looking awesome!

I have a quick question about varying workouts. I train all of the main muscles groups separately, so Chest, Back etc and usually do about 4 exercises or 12 to 15 sets in total.

My question is would you do the same 4 exercises for a particular muscle group each week or would you change the exercises each time.

An example of the back workout i did today is

Lat Pulldowns
Barbell Rows
T-Bar Rows
Seated Single Arm Rows

Would you do that same workout again the next time you train back? change it completely? or change a couple of exercises and leave a couple the same?

Hope that makes sense, may seem like a basic question but just trying to get a bit more structure to my workouts than just turning up at the gym and deciding which exercises to do!

Good Luck for the Arnold!!

Also was good to meet you at the Bodypower Expo in the UK back in May, pic below.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/320675_10150311202563564_508278563_8164939_1243258 702_n.jpg

Cranky
02-12-12, 9:05 am
Hey Evan, wondering what your thoughts are on wearing gloves. Im the only person I know who uses em to train. Do you think there is any benefit, or am I possibly limiting myself by always wearing them? Ive never used chalk either, so is there much difference between gloves and chalk? Any feedback would be great. Great progress pics @ MD, looking forward to seeing the final result! Best of luck @ the Arnold ... although everyone else is gonna need it!

CARNIVOR
02-12-12, 10:42 pm
Ox,

Everyone knows you take your nutrition seriously. My wife and I do our very best to eat healthy. Most of the things we eat are homemade and we try to get good quality food but also are able to pay the bills haha. My wife read an article lately how the olive oil business isn't regulated very much and that many companies are very dishonest with what is actually in the bottle. Some companies were investigated and it was found out that they were not putting olive oil but canola, or vegetable, or a mix of olive oil and some other oil.

So my question is, what brands of olive oil do you trust? If i remember correctly you prefer another type of oil for cooking. What was that and what brands do you trust?

CARNIVOR

Wands
02-13-12, 6:07 pm
Ox an honor to be able to ask your advice first of all. I was curious how you felt about "intra-workout" drinks? BCAAs and creatine jammed together. While I am seeing a difference using it. I wonder about its effectiveness or if I'd be better off just taking in water while I lift.

ARISTIMUQOH
02-14-12, 11:45 am
Hi Ev, this is Pablo, I'll be here learning more from you, hope everything is going great with ur prep and good luck,
Your Friend

Back To Basics
02-17-12, 7:40 pm
Hey man, sorry to hear about your Father. I really hope everything goes well.

Solid Dreams
02-17-12, 11:16 pm

What happened to his father?

N. Motta
02-18-12, 4:37 pm
Evan, I remember you touching on how most of us live with a somewhat out of whack pH balance.

Do you have any comments or thoughts regarding supplementing with baking soda, to prevent being too acidic? I got a recommendation to take .5 tsp morning and night.

Hope your prep is going as well as you'd like, your pics are looking unreal. Good luck at the Arnold.

Maiden69
02-18-12, 6:45 pm
Holly shit Evan, been out of the loop since I got back from Afghanistan and just got a reminder of my UniversalNutrition subs in youtube and checked your Journey to the Arnold videos. All I can say is that I had flash backs from 1994 when the pics of Dorian Yates came out from the dungeon when you are posing almost at the end of the video... you are looking insane! Best of lucks bro, love hearing your advise!

TheGreatWhite
02-19-12, 3:27 pm
Evan, what's your opinion on Greek Yogurt? I've started to incorporate about 3-4 cups of it between meals, or with a shake if I find myself in a bind and can't get a whole food meal at times. The ones I use have roughly 15 grams of protein per container, and unlike other yogurt it doesn't bloat the hell out of me. Just wanting your opinion on it, thanks man!

Back To Basics
02-20-12, 1:49 am
What happened to his father?

Read the new article on the site !

Solid Dreams
02-20-12, 8:26 am
Read the new article on the site !

Oh, damn, I didnt even see that sentence. My thoughts go out to him, Evan.

CHALKY PALMS
02-21-12, 4:38 pm
Even what ate your thoughts when it comes to training obliques? You worry about them messing with your taper at all? Do you train them? If so, how about reps and tempo? I'm getting ready for my own show right now and I still squat and dead but don't work obliques directly. Just abs

TheGreatWhite
02-22-12, 11:26 am
Just finished watching the 5th video of this year's Arnold Doc., you must have opened a can of whoop-ass this year man! The Arnold's yours, go get it Evan!

tevo
02-25-12, 10:24 pm
This thread has been created in honor of the sport of bodybuilding and everything that goes along with it. I'm here to talk about training, nutrition, the bodybuilding lifestlye and anything and everything in between. We all have our own reasons for sacrificing our time and energy but, ultimately, we're all here because we believe in something. We all have the undying belief that there is some sort of satisfaction to be gained from all the sweat and the pain and the sacrifice. Something that can't be bought for any price or taken away at any cost. We are all bound by this common belief. I'm honored to be amongst all of you. It is my most sincere aspiration that I can share with you what I've learned and that it may be of some value to you. I look forward to talking to you guys. Peace.

how many days off u take from training when u hit a plateau,

tevo
02-25-12, 10:29 pm
This thread has been created in honor of the sport of bodybuilding and everything that goes along with it. I'm here to talk about training, nutrition, the bodybuilding lifestlye and anything and everything in between. We all have our own reasons for sacrificing our time and energy but, ultimately, we're all here because we believe in something. We all have the undying belief that there is some sort of satisfaction to be gained from all the sweat and the pain and the sacrifice. Something that can't be bought for any price or taken away at any cost. We are all bound by this common belief. I'm honored to be amongst all of you. It is my most sincere aspiration that I can share with you what I've learned and that it may be of some value to you. I look forward to talking to you guys. Peace.

good luck at the arnold i been wacthing your videos u look great

Iverson3030
02-29-12, 11:23 pm
Would you mind sharing your diet for the arnold? I am sure a few other people would be interested in this also....

GUNS
03-01-12, 2:28 am
Would you mind sharing your diet for the arnold? I am sure a few other people would be interested in this also....It's probly still more food than the majority of people eat while bulking! lol!

Good luck this weekend Evan. Pulling for you to bring it home.

Tiger
03-01-12, 12:01 pm
Hey Evan,

I am SLOGGING through all these pages! Currently up to page 121, and I'm so sick of all the same keto questions coming up! Haha.

Anyways, I was wondering if you could critique the below. Let me know if there's any improvements I could make - I appreciate you get a lot of this (a few thousand posts in this thread alone), but you're damn inspirational!

I just cut down to 180lbs before Christmas, and since then I've been bulking. Currently up to 195lbs, and I don't think I'm putting on too much extra fat, but I'm not as lean as I would want to be (not many are, eh?). If I were to make a guess, I'd say I'm about 16% bf, but I could either be over-shooting there or selling myself short... Doesn't tell you much, and I'm maybe rambling here...

Same story as a lot of people have said - I was a fat kid, but then I lost weight the wrong way (eating disorder) and had a poor composition. Decided to join a gym, and then I fell in love with the iron.

I'm currently eating 8 meals a day as below:

5:30 - Eggs and Spinach
6:45 - Gym (Nitro after with simple carb drink)
8:30 - 2 scoops Whey + Oats
10:00 - Chicken, Sweet Potato OR Brown Rice, Broccoli/Green Beans
12:00 - Fruit smoothie w/ Whey OR 1/2 serving Real Gains
14:00 - Same as 10:00
16:00 - Salmon and Broccoli/Green Beans
18:30 - Steak or Lamb and Spinach
20:30 - Eggs

I train 5 days a week, usually taking a rest day on Sat and mid-week. I'm really working on that connection between my mind and my muscles - SQUEEZING - slow, controlled negatives - feeling the exercise where I want to feel it - isolating. Contract and stretch. As a consequence, I'm not lifting quite as heavy as I was, but the weight is slowly creeping back up to where it was...

I want to put on as much muscle as possible. I was considering starting cutting again soon and getting my bf down to a really low number so I can bulk hard, but I don't think that's going to benefit me. I'm thinking short-term (summer), when I need to be thinking of the years ahead. I think I should keep bulking up to a good size.

I've been training for 2 years now. I'd say I've been taking this serious for almost a year now. I've got a fantastic support system - my mum helps me make my food, I've got friends who support me and are amazed at the changes I've made to not only my body, but my lifestyle (I used to go out drinking A LOT - Scottish drinking culture can get a hold of you).

I'm now 24 - man, I wish I started this when I was younger... But sometimes it takes you a little longer to find the thing you're meant to do - but you find it in the end!

If you've got any advice you can give me then I'm an eager student (and I can get a bit over-enthusiastic, but DAMN, I love bodybuilding!).

Keep up the amazing work BTW. Lead by example!

its Lbc
03-02-12, 1:08 pm
Best of luck to ya Evan at the Arnold man i know your gunna kill it!

And hopefully i get to shoot the shit wit ya at the Cage.

N. Motta
03-03-12, 10:02 pm
Congrats Evan. You had it in my book.

Shukin
03-03-12, 10:06 pm
Great Job Evan, much respect.

GUNS
03-03-12, 11:15 pm
Definately brought it. Congrats on a great show!

Solid Dreams
03-04-12, 1:28 am
Great job Evan!

AWARD
03-04-12, 3:40 am
Great Job Ev, Definately saw the improvments dude

mass3011
03-04-12, 10:48 am
Evan you and Wolf were robbed! I like branch but he shouldnt have won, you looked great dude you have a massive future!

mass

Fearless Rabbit
03-05-12, 3:44 am
- First of all, thank YOU for a great show, entertainment, and immense fun I experienced during this weekend! Thanks to you, I never watched ANY bodybuilding competition with greater interest and fascination!

- I was so happy for you, almost like it was myself on that stage. And I dont even know you in person bro - that is how much you mean to all of us, your fans!

- Seeing you being compared to Branch.. priceless! Those were judges saying "Take a look at this guy. Take a GOOD look. He will make a run for your money in close future"!

- Beating Dexter.. again, priceless.

- Once you finally return to your everyday life, and all the craze settles down.. I would appreciate if you consider building up your online presence more. Make yourself your own YouTube channel, create an official Facebook page, and most of all, show us that baby girl of yours :) Seeing you in family environment would be so great! Take a few notes from Erik, he is doing a great job in that area ;)

- Once I see you being compared to Phil Heath, I will get a heart attack.

- No easy way out!

piersonte
03-05-12, 7:09 am
Hey fellas. Im pretty lost on best way to set up my eatting and supplement timing to best enhance my workouts.

Background----
Supplements im taking
Androtest -- must take 1hr before breakfast lunch and dinner <2 pills= total of 6 a day>

Animal Pak 1 packs daily, with breakfast
Animal Cuts 2 packs daily, once in the morning before breakfast and another in the early afternoon, allowing for at least 3-4 hours between each pack
Animal M-Stak 1 pack daily, 30-45 minutes prior to training

I work out in morning around 4:10 waking up around 3:50 very close to gym. I might have to wake up earlier to make this set up work.

Im eating every other hour just about, along with 3 prot. shakes a day; one Nutripure <prosource product> and 2 <vectron> Ill be getting rid of vectron as soon as it runs out think im over doing the weight loss products b/w cuts and it. Also eating a protein bar.

oh lol dont hate on the androtest as soon as it runs out i promise to move over to animal test haha :)

Kowboy
03-05-12, 10:58 am
Evan - great showing after reading through the articles and the recap you should have won. The calves on wolf are almost non-existent. You were by far the best in my book.

Tiger
03-05-12, 12:23 pm
I was in the gym when I heard Branch won - I don't think I could have been more gutted! Been looking through some pics, and Evan brought it!

Well done big man - inspirational as always!

Universal Rep
03-05-12, 12:26 pm
Congrat Ox. I know 3rd ain't ur cup of tea but I also know it'll mean you'll work that much harder the next time around brotha..

Razor
03-05-12, 2:11 pm
Huge Congrats Ox!!

Sprint
03-05-12, 9:25 pm
Congrats man, bigger things to come. You deserve it.

CECILDIESEL
03-06-12, 2:51 pm
Congrats Evan! I'm sure you wanted better than 3rd place but you already have it all. You're truly an inspiration man!

Phil800101
03-11-12, 2:24 pm
Congrats Evan! Good to see you last weekend, hope you're getting some solid down time with the family after all the prep and show madness.

its Lbc
03-11-12, 8:58 pm
Evan!!! you looked fuccin awesome bro...You definitely had it won in my eyes....Not to pick apart Branch or Dennis but Dam....Branches Conditioning was Way off and His gyno in both his nipples was disturbing....Dennis is a Mammoth of a Man but He has no Calves....and for being that big His Quads are way to small to the rest of his body. shit didnt add up the way the judged it in my eyes. Over all you looked phenomenal.

Ox
03-13-12, 9:30 pm
Evan, Man your looking great. I hope you and the family are doing great. Cant wait to see you at the A. Its gonna be sweet to have a Animal brother we all love representing as the arnold classic winner! I saw in your MD video that you do your own nutrition and you obviously have a ton of knowledge on the topic. A lot of these magazines we read are all filled with shit diets that rarely have people getting results. What all did you read when and where did you gain all your knowledge from when you decided to take your nutrition into your own hands?

Thanks man. A lot of the things I picked up early on was a combination of reading things in books, the internet, guys in the gym and a lot of trial and error. Then I had help from Dave Palumbo and Oscar Ardon and in the end, it's a combination of all those things and still continuin with trial and error.

Ox
03-13-12, 9:32 pm
Hey,

Just been watching the recent training videos of your preparation for the Arnold, looking awesome!

I have a quick question about varying workouts. I train all of the main muscles groups separately, so Chest, Back etc and usually do about 4 exercises or 12 to 15 sets in total.

My question is would you do the same 4 exercises for a particular muscle group each week or would you change the exercises each time.

An example of the back workout i did today is

Lat Pulldowns
Barbell Rows
T-Bar Rows
Seated Single Arm Rows

Would you do that same workout again the next time you train back? change it completely? or change a couple of exercises and leave a couple the same?

Hope that makes sense, may seem like a basic question but just trying to get a bit more structure to my workouts than just turning up at the gym and deciding which exercises to do!

Good Luck for the Arnold!!

Also was good to meet you at the Bodypower Expo in the UK back in May, pic below.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/320675_10150311202563564_508278563_8164939_1243258 702_n.jpg

I never have a set workout when I enter the gym. I just put it together as I go. I may do the same workout a bunch a times or it may be different each week. See you at Bodypower again?

Ox
03-13-12, 9:33 pm
Hey Evan, wondering what your thoughts are on wearing gloves. Im the only person I know who uses em to train. Do you think there is any benefit, or am I possibly limiting myself by always wearing them? Ive never used chalk either, so is there much difference between gloves and chalk? Any feedback would be great. Great progress pics @ MD, looking forward to seeing the final result! Best of luck @ the Arnold ... although everyone else is gonna need it!

I don't like gloves. I'd rather stab myself in the eye than wear gloves. But if you like them then that's all that counts! Doesn't matter.

Ox
03-13-12, 9:46 pm
Ox,

Everyone knows you take your nutrition seriously. My wife and I do our very best to eat healthy. Most of the things we eat are homemade and we try to get good quality food but also are able to pay the bills haha. My wife read an article lately how the olive oil business isn't regulated very much and that many companies are very dishonest with what is actually in the bottle. Some companies were investigated and it was found out that they were not putting olive oil but canola, or vegetable, or a mix of olive oil and some other oil.

So my question is, what brands of olive oil do you trust? If i remember correctly you prefer another type of oil for cooking. What was that and what brands do you trust?

CARNIVOR

Flora produces a really good olive oil that is organic and I trsut is processed correctly (low heath, no chemicals, low oxygen etc). Other than that, Colavita and Decceco are two good Italian brands. I've also had good lucky with Portuguese olive oil...possibly because there isn't the same demand as for Italian olive oil. Many companies claim their oil is Italian when in fact it may only be packed in ITaly but contain oils from other places like Tunisia, Spain etc etc. The best olive oils contain olives from one place, are cold process by mechanical means and the exposure to oxygen, light and heat should be limited. And NEVER buy oil in plastic bottles!

Ox
03-13-12, 9:46 pm
Ox an honor to be able to ask your advice first of all. I was curious how you felt about "intra-workout" drinks? BCAAs and creatine jammed together. While I am seeing a difference using it. I wonder about its effectiveness or if I'd be better off just taking in water while I lift.

If you're seeing a difference using it then you answered your own question.

Ox
03-13-12, 9:47 pm
Hi Ev, this is Pablo, I'll be here learning more from you, hope everything is going great with ur prep and good luck,
Your Friend

Pablo! My man!

Ox
03-13-12, 9:48 pm

Thanks man. He's doing great. THAT dude is an animal.

Ox
03-13-12, 9:49 pm
Evan, I remember you touching on how most of us live with a somewhat out of whack pH balance.

Do you have any comments or thoughts regarding supplementing with baking soda, to prevent being too acidic? I got a recommendation to take .5 tsp morning and night.

Hope your prep is going as well as you'd like, your pics are looking unreal. Good luck at the Arnold.

I'm not familiar with using baking soda. I'd just try to eat a good amount of green vegetables and make sure your mineral intake is up to par.

Ox
03-13-12, 9:50 pm
Holly shit Evan, been out of the loop since I got back from Afghanistan and just got a reminder of my UniversalNutrition subs in youtube and checked your Journey to the Arnold videos. All I can say is that I had flash backs from 1994 when the pics of Dorian Yates came out from the dungeon when you are posing almost at the end of the video... you are looking insane! Best of lucks bro, love hearing your advise!

Hahahaha....not quite Dorianesque but that's a real compliment!

Ox
03-13-12, 9:50 pm
Evan, what's your opinion on Greek Yogurt? I've started to incorporate about 3-4 cups of it between meals, or with a shake if I find myself in a bind and can't get a whole food meal at times. The ones I use have roughly 15 grams of protein per container, and unlike other yogurt it doesn't bloat the hell out of me. Just wanting your opinion on it, thanks man!

I avoid dairy in general because it doesn't sit well with me. If you like it and it digests well for you then go for it.

Ox
03-13-12, 9:52 pm
Even what ate your thoughts when it comes to training obliques? You worry about them messing with your taper at all? Do you train them? If so, how about reps and tempo? I'm getting ready for my own show right now and I still squat and dead but don't work obliques directly. Just abs

I avoid training them because I don't want my waist to get any wider. Don't know if that's a brosience way to look at it but that's just what i does!

Ox
03-13-12, 9:53 pm
how many days off u take from training when u hit a plateau,

If I feel overtrained I usually take 1-3 days off. If I need more I'll take more.

Maiden69
03-14-12, 10:08 pm
Hahahaha....not quite Dorianesque but that's a real compliment!
Bro, you deserve it, you needed to do a photoshoot at that condition! With the black an white, and the dark setting in the background you look larger (LARGER) than life!

Solid Dreams
03-15-12, 3:16 pm
it was true, that was totally the vibe I got with the pics.

Hey man, what are you going to do now that they changed the Olympia requirements? Does this mean you'll have to compete in more competitions, and are you planning on doing anything extra now?

GUNS
03-15-12, 4:12 pm
Sean, he is already qualified. Top three were in from the Arnold.

Ox, I really liked video 10 where you talked about bodybuilding and being healthy. I think people forget about that part. Me included. Thanks for letting us in on your prep. Hope you had a great reunion with your family, and that all the new things you want to try out work well for you. Hope to see you at your best at the O.

jb3198
03-15-12, 4:14 pm
Mad props OX... awesome look!!!!! Super Impressive!!!!

cfws
03-15-12, 10:47 pm
Hey Evan,
great job at the Arnold dude, you looked amazing. I apologize if this is was already brought up to you in this thread, I didn't find it. I know you cut out carbs completely when you're in pre-contest, but what are your thoughts on carb cycling? I'm not a bodybuilder by any means, just a college kid looking to trim down a bit for summer and preserve muscle of course. Are you a believer in the cycling of carbs to recharge leptin levels and boost metabolism? I would have 3 days a week of trace carbs (veggies, peanut butter, etc), 2 days of just pre/post WO (about 75 grams total), and 2 days of a higher carb day (about 200 grams), spaced out through the week. Any input is really appreciated man, thanks a lot.

leopoldo
03-15-12, 11:14 pm
Hello ox is a great honor to speak with you, my question is how you distribute your workout during the week, for example, what dou training on monday, on tuesday..

Sugar&Cyanide
03-16-12, 11:23 am
Hey Evan, Huge fan, I'm actually a little nervous writing this haha. Are you at BodyPower in May this year? There is no mention of you on the site and your the main reason I wanna go.

Joe_clay
03-20-12, 3:03 pm
I never have a set workout when I enter the gym. I just put it together as I go. I may do the same workout a bunch a times or it may be different each week. See you at Bodypower again?

Hey, that's what i'd been doing, turning up and starting my workout and just going from one exercise to the next, so i'll carry on with that rather than having a set workout. Cheers. Yeah i should be there again this year, look forward to seeing you there

kcburrows
04-12-12, 9:04 am
Hey Ox,
I noticed you and i have similar body structures in the past being as i was a fat kid all my youth then in high school dieted literally on 3 salads and two shakes a day for 6 months to get skinny, now in the midst of putting on muscle and getting as big as possible. When you started to bulk up in the begining of your career and making the serious gains that you did, how did you do it without the fear of being that fat kid again? and looking back on it would you still bulk up the way you used to as opposed to the way you do now? I dont mind adding some fat back to make the gains I was just wanting your input on the subject. Thanks Evan, bring that O crown home this yr!

Ox
04-16-12, 9:42 am
Sean, he is already qualified. Top three were in from the Arnold.

Ox, I really liked video 10 where you talked about bodybuilding and being healthy. I think people forget about that part. Me included. Thanks for letting us in on your prep. Hope you had a great reunion with your family, and that all the new things you want to try out work well for you. Hope to see you at your best at the O.

Thanks man. Nothing happens unless your body permits it and it won't do so if you're not healthy!

Ox
04-16-12, 9:44 am
Hello ox is a great honor to speak with you, my question is how you distribute your workout during the week, for example, what dou training on monday, on tuesday..

Right now it looks like this:

Monday- Chest and Abs

Tues- Off

Wed- Quads and Hams

Thurs- Off

Fri- Back and Calves

Sat- Arms and Delts

Sun- Off

Ox
04-16-12, 9:44 am
Hey Evan, Huge fan, I'm actually a little nervous writing this haha. Are you at BodyPower in May this year? There is no mention of you on the site and your the main reason I wanna go.

I will be there! See you in May brother

Ox
04-16-12, 9:45 am
Hey, that's what i'd been doing, turning up and starting my workout and just going from one exercise to the next, so i'll carry on with that rather than having a set workout. Cheers. Yeah i should be there again this year, look forward to seeing you there

See you there buddy

Ox
04-16-12, 9:48 am
Hey Ox,
I noticed you and i have similar body structures in the past being as i was a fat kid all my youth then in high school dieted literally on 3 salads and two shakes a day for 6 months to get skinny, now in the midst of putting on muscle and getting as big as possible. When you started to bulk up in the begining of your career and making the serious gains that you did, how did you do it without the fear of being that fat kid again? and looking back on it would you still bulk up the way you used to as opposed to the way you do now? I dont mind adding some fat back to make the gains I was just wanting your input on the subject. Thanks Evan, bring that O crown home this yr!

It took me a long time to get over that fear....when I diet, I still have a habit of going a little too far. But back when I was younger I reminded myself that I had to do what is necessary and even if I did put on some fat, I had taken it off once before and I could certainly do it again. I just told myself it was no big deal and that I was in control of the final outcome. Some fat gain is innevitable so don't worry. When the time comes and you feel you have added a good deal of mass, you'll be able to shed that fat without any trouble.

Solid Dreams
04-16-12, 9:55 am
Thanks Ox, that really helped me about the fat gain. I did it once, I can do it again! Really hope I can meet you soon, man.

Sprint
04-16-12, 9:59 am
Almost time for the BodyPower Expo bro, pumped to be catching up with G & yourself again!

It's 2 weeks after my next contest, so hopefully I'll be nicely full of calories to be able to hang with you guys at the ABC, but by then the tan will have started peeling so you'll have to forgive me looking like a half-cooked lizard shedding its skin.

mass3011
04-18-12, 7:17 am
Even I no you don't use shakes at the moment but if you had to do some shakes during the day would you use whey or a time released protien powder? Is there any you particularly like? I'm finally going to BodyPower expo this year will you be there?

Mass

Just saw you said above you will be there, see you there!

Solid Dreams
04-21-12, 12:36 pm
Hey Evan, whats up man? I know you're probably busy as hell, just wanted to see how you're doing and stuff. You're the man!

Ox
04-23-12, 9:03 am
Almost time for the BodyPower Expo bro, pumped to be catching up with G & yourself again!

It's 2 weeks after my next contest, so hopefully I'll be nicely full of calories to be able to hang with you guys at the ABC, but by then the tan will have started peeling so you'll have to forgive me looking like a half-cooked lizard shedding its skin.

Yeah man, I'm looking forward to BodyPower and I know G is too. With 2 weeks worth of food in you, I'm sure you'll do alright! Hey man, no need to explain to me...the look is still fresh in my own mind. See you there

Ox
04-23-12, 9:06 am
Even I no you don't use shakes at the moment but if you had to do some shakes during the day would you use whey or a time released protien powder? Is there any you particularly like? I'm finally going to BodyPower expo this year will you be there?

Mass

Just saw you said above you will be there, see you there!

I would definitely opt for a whey isolate and I'd have it prior to training. Universal's Ultra Iso Whey is a very high quality product. I know that the dairy/protein quality that is used in the product comes from a very reputable American-made source. That counts for a lot when a lot of companies are using protein from China. House, G Diesel and myself will definitely be at BodyPower this year. See you there buddy.