PDA

View Full Version : Ox's Stable

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

MonTanaMusCle
12-13-07, 5:16 pm
I was just gonna ask you the same thing...like last night was my cheat meal day. I had 1 cup oats with 1 tbs natty pb as my last meal...and didnt feel anything today...it was weird. I think I looked my flattest today then being on zero the whole time! It was weird today..my strength was up, just looked skinny for some reason..maybe its just me. I just feel like I burned right through them..like instantly!

Do you ever look or feel different the day after your cheat meal? Maybe I didnt eat enough carbs last night..I mean the total for the day with tiny amounts coming from nuts and pb, including the oats last night was 66g.

You think I should have another on sunday?

Thats some funny shit I was the exact same way. after not eating a damn carb for 14 days I was expecting a little more. I woke up the next day and was pissed as hell. you hear all these stories about people waking up leaner etc. I woke up flatter what gives. Good luck on your next carb load.

Toni69
12-13-07, 5:22 pm
Thats some funny shit I was the exact same way. after not eating a damn carb for 14 days I was expecting a little more. I woke up the next day and was pissed as hell. you hear all these stories about people waking up leaner etc. I woke up flatter what gives. Good luck on your next carb load.

Well, apparantly you have to eat chooclate! Huh Ox???? Ugh!

Really though...I asked my lovely teacher/trainer Ms. NPC Chicka and she told me this:

Basically, the carbs "hold or pull" water. You are NOT totally dieted down, so no water is coming "OUT" right now- but filling you up. Once you go back to the zero carb thing, in about 3 days, you will be tighter and lighter on the scale........the key here is to stick to the cardio and also to inhale water........lol Keeps the water out, and pulls the carb induced water out as well.

sounds logical huh? LOL

InHuman
12-13-07, 6:10 pm
Yo Evan cant wait to see you and Trey Brewer on stage together...future Mr. O's right thurrrr.

krazyassmexican
12-13-07, 8:28 pm

Really though...I asked my lovely teacher/trainer Ms. NPC Chicka and she told me this:

Basically, the carbs "hold or pull" water. You are NOT totally dieted down, so no water is coming "OUT" right now- but filling you up. Once you go back to the zero carb thing, in about 3 days, you will be tighter and lighter on the scale........the key here is to stick to the cardio and also to inhale water........lol Keeps the water out, and pulls the carb induced water out as well.

sounds logical huh? LOL

remember you are not supposed to drop water just for the first two weeks
that's the reason you are permited to add sodium to your foods

Ox
12-13-07, 11:31 pm
Thanks brother, I have lost 12 lbs so far, I'm guessing water, my strength has actually gone up, but maybe thats the M-Stack talkin lol. Also I wasnt able to go to sleep immediatly after the meal, but man did I ever crash like a s.o.b. I'll keep at the one structured carb meal (sounds better then cheat meal) for a little while I'm hoping to see some fat drop instead of water. thanks again man I'll get this figured out one day.

If you're only gonna have one meal you have to cheat BIG. I don;'t think you need 2 carb load meals but if you did then THEY would be structured. Your 1 cheat meal SHOULD NOT be structured. All I'm sayin is make sure you eat a LOT of carbs.

Ox
12-13-07, 11:33 pm

sounds logical huh? LOL

Exactly.

Ox
12-13-07, 11:34 pm
Yo Evan cant wait to see you and Trey Brewer on stage together...future Mr. O's right thurrrr.

That's one big boy...nice guy too...FREAKY size for his age.

Ox
12-13-07, 11:34 pm
remember you are not supposed to drop water just for the first two weeks
that's the reason you are permited to add sodium to your foods

Drink lots of water. Salt your foods liberally. When the time comes to cut both you will respond like a charm. Keepi both of them low/inconsistent/restricted and your water manipulation WILL NOT work when you need it to.

ChandlerXJ
12-13-07, 11:38 pm
Evan - how is your off-season going so far? I bet you're having an insane rebound off your diet man! Are you concerned about eating too much throughout the day though? I always get freaked out that I'm gonna put on too much fat (along with muscle of course) and when it comes time to shred down, I'm just going to fail. That's my fear man, that I'm gonna show up without abs or something. I've never seen myself with good abs, I just hope they're fucking there man!

Anyways, I hope all is good, I'm gonna try to hit up Brooklyn this weekend, but I forgot it's still New England in Massachusetts so when I arrive tomorrow night, I gotta pray we don't get some nutty blizzard tornado or whatever.

InHuman
12-14-07, 1:11 am
That's one big boy...nice guy too...FREAKY size for his age.

Same age as you, he is no doubt genetically gifted as are you...I hope to soon be competing with you boys, good luck on the road ahead brother.

MonTanaMusCle
12-14-07, 4:03 am
If you're only gonna have one meal you have to cheat BIG. I don;'t think you need 2 carb load meals but if you did then THEY would be structured. Your 1 cheat meal SHOULD NOT be structured. All I'm sayin is make sure you eat a LOT of carbs.

Will do Thanks man

4LIFE
12-14-07, 8:55 am
Don't have a computer, so its taken quite a while to read this whole thread on my phone. Its great. I was wondering about green peppers on a zero carb. I love em, and I'm not a big fan of salt to begin with. Should I make sure to use it for the first two weeks? Also, don't really drink beer, but on my cheat meal, is it ok to have one? I was really overweight. In high school and still am an easy gainer. It has been hell trying to get rid of the extra fat while building muscle BC you either do one or the other. I'm waiting till after Christmas to start the zero carb. I am already have a really clean diet, but get weak fast when I get to low on carbs. Just to check. Wait about an 1 1/2 to take pre workout supp. Can't wait to try storm when I get some more money.

I am a student and work full time and its how important it is to you to find time for the iron. I always have to plan out my days the night before. When to go to sleep when to wake. I always find a way to squeeze it all in.

4LIFE
12-14-07, 9:18 am
that would be 1 1/2 after meal to take nitro or other pre workout supp? just wanted to clarify.

Ox
12-14-07, 9:34 am
Evan - how is your off-season going so far? I bet you're having an insane rebound off your diet man! Are you concerned about eating too much throughout the day though? I always get freaked out that I'm gonna put on too much fat (along with muscle of course) and when it comes time to shred down, I'm just going to fail. That's my fear man, that I'm gonna show up without abs or something. I've never seen myself with good abs, I just hope they're fucking there man!

Anyways, I hope all is good, I'm gonna try to hit up Brooklyn this weekend, but I forgot it's still New England in Massachusetts so when I arrive tomorrow night, I gotta pray we don't get some nutty blizzard tornado or whatever.

Hey buddy...nice weather we're haveing huh? The offseason is going well. I'm shocked at how tight I am right now. My fullness and vascularity is great and I feel really good. Been using a ton of Amino Tech, NOX3, ZMA, Uniliver, BCAAs etc etc. Just lots of good aminos and the basic shit and I feel great. I'm up to 260 and I can still see striations in my glutes! It's going well. I don't go crazy with food. 6 meals per day...just adding the carbs back in...all clean stuff...still preparing all my meals. Hope to see you on Saturday. Peace.

Ox
12-14-07, 9:34 am
Same age as you, he is no doubt genetically gifted as are you...I hope to soon be competing with you boys, good luck on the road ahead brother.

I think he's a few years younger!

Ox
12-14-07, 9:37 am
Don't have a computer, so its taken quite a while to read this whole thread on my phone. Its great. I was wondering about green peppers on a zero carb. I love em, and I'm not a big fan of salt to begin with. Should I make sure to use it for the first two weeks? Also, don't really drink beer, but on my cheat meal, is it ok to have one? I was really overweight. In high school and still am an easy gainer. It has been hell trying to get rid of the extra fat while building muscle BC you either do one or the other. I'm waiting till after Christmas to start the zero carb. I am already have a really clean diet, but get weak fast when I get to low on carbs. Just to check. Wait about an 1 1/2 to take pre workout supp. Can't wait to try storm when I get some more money.

I am a student and work full time and its how important it is to you to find time for the iron. I always have to plan out my days the night before. When to go to sleep when to wake. I always find a way to squeeze it all in.

Green peppers are okay. Make it a point to use salt the ENTIRE diet. No beer...get serious. You get weak on LOW carbs because LOW carbs is very difficult. Go ZERO...much easier. By the way, reading this entire thread on your phone is hardcore shit!

Ox
12-14-07, 9:38 am
that would be 1 1/2 after meal to take nitro or other pre workout supp? just wanted to clarify.

1 1/2 what?

EXUB
12-14-07, 9:51 am
i'm going to try to get pictures of the gym today. plus its leg day

Brutus_515
12-14-07, 9:59 am
OX I agree with you and Inhuman fully about trew Brewer met him was down to earth and just straight cool guy....with all the younger guys turning pro and with the older VETs like Ronnie and Ruhl retiring and others ....my opinion is that the IFBB is going to be full of "younger" talent like yourself, Erik, Flew Lewis, Trew Brewer (soon) and Ben White(I like his ridiculous training style) and Peter Putnum (soon as well) is going to be alot better for the IFBB's image of a younger more fan oriented Orginazation..which is a step in the better direction...The NPC doesnt even have that feeling anymore (Probubly because it is "more competitive since everyone is shooting for thier pro cards and the IFBB has a "point system to say")...Just wanted to say thanks for being apart of making the next generation of body building a better place haha...looking forward to seeing you in the pros

4LIFE
12-14-07, 6:20 pm
Just wondering how long after you eat to take nitro. Then how long after that to lift?

Ox
12-14-07, 7:16 pm
Just wondering how long after you eat to take nitro. Then how long after that to lift?

Take nitro on an empty stomach (maybe an hour after you eat). You can lift right after that. I prefer to take Nitro right after I train or during my training.

4LIFE
12-15-07, 6:40 pm
Thanks for all the advice. Can't wait to put it to good use.

G Diesel
12-15-07, 8:12 pm
You're too big to be anonymous Ev. Peace, G

Ox
12-18-07, 9:45 am
You're too big to be anonymous Ev. Peace, G

That's awesome. When you said that the other day in the gym I had to stop and think about it.. and then I laughed. Awesome quote.

krazyassmexican
12-18-07, 11:12 am
how you been brother?
how's bulkin?
are you working with dave on it?

any guest posses yet?
LOL i think it is enough for today
best wishes man!
keep rocking

Ox
12-18-07, 8:41 pm
how you been brother?
how's bulkin?
are you working with dave on it?

any guest posses yet?
LOL i think it is enough for today
best wishes man!
keep rocking

Training is going well Krazy. I'm not all out bulking right now. Just training hard, eating a satisfying quantity of food, and getting plenty of rest. I don't feel like it's a good idea to go from depletiung myself to all out stuffing myself. I feel that your system has to be ready for it. I use Dave's pre-contest diet in the offseason and just add 40-50g of carbs per meal. Once I plateau with that, I just add another meal. If I plateau again, then I add anohter meal. But in all honesty, 6 meals is usually relaly all I need. Besides, quality calories are far more important in my opinion than quanity.
No guest posings so far but I will keep all you guys posted.

krazyassmexican
12-19-07, 8:25 am
Training is going well Krazy. I'm not all out bulking right now. Just training hard, eating a satisfying quantity of food, and getting plenty of rest. I don't feel like it's a good idea to go from depletiung myself to all out stuffing myself. I feel that your system has to be ready for it. I use Dave's pre-contest diet in the offseason and just add 40-50g of carbs per meal. Once I plateau with that, I just add another meal. If I plateau again, then I add anohter meal. But in all honesty, 6 meals is usually relaly all I need. Besides, quality calories are far more important in my opinion than quanity.
No guest posings so far but I will keep all you guys posted.

i know where you comming from when you said you dont wanna bulk yet
i am sure when you start doing it
you'll be a monster

i see dave's pre contest diet looking alike like yours
i am fuckin lovin that

i probably start the mass diet in the future
i just think all those simple carbs will kill me LOL

dave knows his shit i am glad he's on your side
if he comes to the junior nationals on 08 i will be there hoppin to have a chanse to shake his hand

hopefully MD takes you there too and get to say what's up!

pmug0000
12-19-07, 1:06 pm
I know this is coming a little late but first let me start out by saying Team Effort was a great article and you're going to tear up the stage as a pro. Anyway my question is whether or not you think NOX3 and GH Max would be a good bulking stack. I will have gone through 4 cycles of MStak and am ready to switch things up soon, but I am 20 and don't want to go for the test boosters quite yet. It seems like you are the pro with the most GH Max experience, and I saw that you mentioned a while back you were taking NOX3, and I was wondering if you think this would be a good bulking combo as an alternative to MStak. I will also be taking Pak, Pump, Storm, Nitro, and Uni-Liver as the foundational supps, and no worries about the diet or training- I am constantly eating clean foods and busting my ass with the weights.
Any feedback would be great.

Extreme
12-19-07, 3:10 pm
Here's a little something I know you'll appreciate Ox. I only have a very small part of Italian in me, but I could relate to a lot of this being mostly European and living that life style:

Subject: Christmas Eve at my parents

I thought it would be a nice idea to bring a date to my parents' house on Christmas Eve. I thought it would be interesting for a non-Italian girl to see how an Italian family spends the holidays.

I thought my mother and my date would hit it off like partridges and pear trees.....I was wrong! I had only known Karen for three weeks when I extended the invitation. "I know these family things can be a little weird," I told her, "but my folks are great, and we always have a lot of fun on Christmas Eve."

"Sounds fine to me," Karen said.

I told my mother I'd be bringing Karen with me. "She's a very nice girl and she's really looking forward to meeting all of you."

"Sounds fine to me," my mother said.

And that was that.

Two telephone calls. Two sounds-fine-to-me. What more could I want? I should point out, I suppose, that in Italian households, Christmas Eve is the social event of the season -- an Italian woman's reason for living. She cleans. She cooks. She bakes. She orchestrates every minute of the entire evening. Christmas Eve is what Italian women live for. I should also point out, I suppose, that when it comes to the kind of women that make Italian men go nuts, Karen is it. She doesn't clean. She doesn't cook. She doesn't bake. And she has the largest breasts I have ever seen on a human being! I brought her anyway.

7 p.m. - We arrive.

Karen and I walk in and putter around for half an hour waiting for the other guests to show up.
During that half hour, my mother grills Karen like cheeseburger on the barbecue determines that Karen does not clean, cook, or bake.

My father is equally observant. He pulls me into the living room and notes, "She has the largest breasts I have ever seen on a human being!"

7:30 p.m. - Others arrive.

Zio Giovanni walks in with my Zia Maria, assorted kids, assorted gifts. We sit around the dining room table for antipasto, a symmetrically composed platter of lettuce, roasted peppers, black olives, anchovies and cheese....no meat of course. When I offer to make Karen's plate she says, "No Thank you." She points to the anchovies with a look of disgust.... "You don't like anchovies?" I ask. "I don't like fish, Karen announces to one and all as 67 other varieties of seafood are baking, broiling and simmering in the next room.

My mother makes the sign of the cross.

Things are getting uncomfortable. Zia Maria asks Karen what her family eats on Christmas Eve.

Karen says, "Knockwurst."

My father, who is still staring in a daze, at Karen's chest, temporarily snaps out of it to murmur, "Knockers?"

My mother kicks him so hard he gets a blood clot.

None of this is turning out the way I'd hoped.

8:00 p.m. - Second course.

The spaghetti and crab sauce is on the way to the table. Karen declines the crab sauce and says she'll make her own with butter and ketchup. My mother asks me to join her in the kitchen. I take my "Merry Christmas" napkin from my lap, place it on the "Merry Christmas" tablecloth and walk into the kitchen.

"I don't want to start any trouble," my mother says calmly, clutching a bottle of ketchup in her hands. "But if she pours this on my pasta, I'm going to throw acid in her face."

"Come on," I tell her. "It's Christmas. Let her eat what she wants."
My mother considers the situation, then nods.

As I turn to walk back into the dining room, she grabs my shoulder.

"Tell me the truth," she says, "are you serious with this tramp?"

"She's not a tramp," I reply. "And I've only known her for three weeks."

"Well, it's your life," she tells me, "but if you marry her, she'll poison you."

8:30 p.m. - More fish.

My stomach is knotted like one of those macramé plant hangers that are always three times larger than the plants they hold. All the women get up to clear away the spaghetti dishes, except for Karen, who, instead, lights a cigarette.

"Why don't you give them a little hand?" I politely suggest. Karen makes a face and walks into the kitchen carrying three forks.

"Dear, you don't have to do that," my mother tells her, smiling painfully.

"Oh, okay," Karen says, putting the forks on the sink. As she reenters the dining room, a wine glass flies over her head, and smashes against the wall. From the kitchen, my mother says, "Whoops."

More fish comes out. After some goading, Karen tries a piece of scungilli, which she describes as "slimy, like worms." My mother winces, bites her hand and pounds her chest like one of those old women you always see in the sixth row of a funeral home.

Zia Maria does the same. Karen, believing that this is something that all Italian women do on Christmas Eve, bites her hand and pounds her chest. My Zio Giovanni doesn't know what to make of it. My father's dentures fall out and chew a six-inch gash in t he tablecloth.

10:00 pm. - Coffee, dessert.

Espresso all around . A little anisette. A curl of lemon peel. When Karen asks for milk, my mother finally slaps her in the face with a cannoli. I guess it had to happen sooner or later.
Karen, believing that this is something that all Italian women do on Christmas Eve, picks up a cannoli and slaps my mother with it.

"This is fun," Karen says.

Time passes and believe it or not, everyone is laughing and smiling and filled with good cheer - even my mother, who grabs me by the shoulder, laughs and says, "Get this bitch out of my house."

Sounds fine to me.

Toni69
12-19-07, 3:56 pm
I can relate to everything here...seriously! Milk???? that late in the day! Unheard of!!! But seriously..is this for real? This is hysterical..Im sorry it was brutal for you..but damn..this was hilarious! Brought back memories when I grew up with my crazy ass Italian family...this was great! The freakin cannoli had me rollin!

Extreme
12-19-07, 3:59 pm
I can relate to everything here...seriously! Milk???? that late in the day! Unheard of!!! But seriously..is this for real? This is hysterical..Im sorry it was brutal for you..but damn..this was hilarious! Brought back memories when I grew up with my crazy ass Italian family...this was great! The freakin cannoli had me rollin!

This is for real, but it didnt happen to me, sorry if it came across that way. I just thought it was hysterical b/c I know how it is when I visit with my Italian relatives, lol.

ROC1291
12-19-07, 10:22 pm
ahh...
fifty-two pages of hard hitting raw information on Evan Centopani's Bodybuilding schemes.
I don't post much, I actually follow that, "Listen twice as much as you talk" method.
But Ox, I always wondered how you were so chiseled, I use to tell myself...
I need to look like him, just not as big... Size will come in time.

Basically, I'm 16, and I'm hardcore loving your information.
Keep it coming Evan.
It will only keep young guys like me in the game longer and longer.
Anyhow, I just got done my last meal and some newly purchased fish oil and I'm going to sleep.

What are your thoughts about sleep? I've had trouble catching z's because of the eggs I put away before bed, and I've heard melatonin is a great supplement for sleep-aid.

Pizzalamp
12-19-07, 10:49 pm
Hey Evan
Hope you're doing well
I just have a quick question
ive been following this diet for a few months now during my bulk. I havent gained much bodyfat and I can still see my abs
Im at about 217 right now
if u get a chance would u be able to check my diet to see if it looks good or if i need to change anything

5 omega 3 eggs 3/4 oatmeal(ive been using quaker 1 minute oats, dunno if theyre okay or not??)

50g whey isolate 1 cup oats

8 oz chicken 1 cup brown rice 1/3 cup raw cashew or almond, greens

50g whey 1 cup oats

train bcaas eaas

50g whey 80g waxy maize

8 oz lean steak or salmon 1 cup brown rice salad 1 tablespoon mac nut oil

50g whey 2 tbsp natty pb
im taking evening primrose 2600mg per day, fish oil 3000mg per day, coral calcium coupled w/magnesium, dessicated liver and amino tabs 4 per meal

thanks so much
hope u and your family have a great christmas
great seeing u in brooklyn grant

Ox
12-19-07, 11:56 pm
Here's a little something I know you'll appreciate Ox. I only have a very small part of Italian in me, but I could relate to a lot of this being mostly European and living that life style:

Subject: Christmas Eve at my parents

Holy shit bro...that was funny. It's 11:30 at night and I'm gettin ready to go to sleep but I checked the forvm first and I'm sittin' here at my computer laughing outloud. The best part was when she said she doesn't like fish and she says she eats knockwurst and your father mumbles "knockers". Holy shit that's funny. And the ketchup on the pasta?! That's great. Anyways, awesome story bro. Merry Christmas to you and your family and a happy new year. Peace

Ox
12-20-07, 12:00 am
ahh...
fifty-two pages of hard hitting raw information on Evan Centopani's Bodybuilding schemes.
I don't post much, I actually follow that, "Listen twice as much as you talk" method.
But Ox, I always wondered how you were so chiseled, I use to tell myself...
I need to look like him, just not as big... Size will come in time.

Basically, I'm 16, and I'm hardcore loving your information.
Keep it coming Evan.
It will only keep young guys like me in the game longer and longer.
Anyhow, I just got done my last meal and some newly purchased fish oil and I'm going to sleep.

What are your thoughts about sleep? I've had trouble catching z's because of the eggs I put away before bed, and I've heard melatonin is a great supplement for sleep-aid.

Thanks bro. As for sleep...what can I say except that it's key. If you have a hard time sleeping on a full stomach (I sleep best on a light stomach) then try eating your last meal at least 45 minutes before bed. If I'm too full I'll sleep like shit. Forget melatonin...too strong. I've been using ZMA Pro and it knocks me the hell out. I don't even wake up to take a leak for at least 6 hours. I hit the pillow and I'm out. If that doesn't work (although I'm confodent it will) try popping some GABA before bed.

Ox
12-20-07, 12:02 am
I know this is coming a little late but first let me start out by saying Team Effort was a great article and you're going to tear up the stage as a pro. Anyway my question is whether or not you think NOX3 and GH Max would be a good bulking stack. I will have gone through 4 cycles of MStak and am ready to switch things up soon, but I am 20 and don't want to go for the test boosters quite yet. It seems like you are the pro with the most GH Max experience, and I saw that you mentioned a while back you were taking NOX3, and I was wondering if you think this would be a good bulking combo as an alternative to MStak. I will also be taking Pak, Pump, Storm, Nitro, and Uni-Liver as the foundational supps, and no worries about the diet or training- I am constantly eating clean foods and busting my ass with the weights.
Any feedback would be great.

I'm glad you liked Team Effort. Thanks man. As for the stack I really like GH Max but would probably opt for Amino Tech and NOX3 over the Gh Max. If you could swing all three then by all means do it but good aminos are just so important in my opinion that their importance comes before something like GH Max.

Ox
12-20-07, 12:06 am
Hey Evan
Hope you're doing well
ive been following this diet for a few months now during my bulk. I havent gained much bodyfat and I can still see my abs
if u get a chance would u be able to check my diet to see if it looks good or if i need to change anything

5 omega 3 eggs 3/4 oatmeal(ive been using quaker 1 minute oats, dunno if theyre okay or not??)

50g whey 1 cup oats

train bcaas eaas

50g whey 80g waxy maize

50g whey 2 tbsp natty pb
im taking evening primrose 2600mg per day, fish oil 3000mg per day, coral calcium coupled w/magnesium, dessicated liver and amino tabs 4 per meal

thanks so much

Hey bro. Diet looks great. The only thing I'd change is use old fashioned oats instead of quick oats. Depends on your goal. If you want more size then just add another meal of whole food. Otherwise, keep it the same. Supps look spot on too. Your using Pak right? Make sure you got a solid multi. Otherwise, you should be good to go. Good seein' you in Brooklyn too. Happy holidays to you and yours as well. Peace bro.

pmug0000
12-20-07, 12:08 am
I'm glad you liked Team Effort. Thanks man. As for the stack I really like GH Max but would probably opt for Amino Tech and NOX3 over the Gh Max. If you could swing all three then by all means do it but good aminos are just so important in my opinion that their importance comes before something like GH Max.

Thanks for the quick response Ox, you're the man - best of luck in all your comps.

Let me rephrase that - best wishes for all your comps - no luck necessary.

Pizzalamp
12-20-07, 12:20 am
thanks evan
have a good night

krazyassmexican
12-20-07, 8:36 am
Hey Evan
Hope you're doing well

50g whey 1 cup oats

train bcaas eaas

50g whey 80g waxy maize

50g whey 2 tbsp natty pb

thanks so much

so you are on palumbo's diet?
how do you like it?

Ox
12-20-07, 10:06 am
so you are on palumbo's diet?
how do you like it?

I don't know what his offseason diet is. If this is it then yes I like it.

krazyassmexican
12-20-07, 10:07 am
I don't know what his offseason diet is. If this is it then yes I like it.

it looks like it
but dave uses tons of simple carbs

Ox
12-20-07, 10:38 am
it looks like it
but dave uses tons of simple carbs

Then I guess it isn't!

krazyassmexican
12-20-07, 11:11 am
Then I guess it isn't!
here it is

MEAL 1:
5 whole eggs (buy the OMEGA-3 EGGS they sell in the supermarket) with 1 cup of Cream of Rice or Oatmeal

MEAL 2: (pre-workout)
50g Whey Protein ) with a liquid carbohydrate drink (such as WAXY MAIZE—-- try to get at least 50g carbs

GYM: WEIGHT TRAINING

MEAL 3: (post-workout)
50g Whey Protein with a liquid carbohydrate drink--try to get at least 50g carbs

MEAL 4:
“LEAN PROTEIN MEAL” ½ pound (8oz) of chicken (or turkey or lean fish or shrimp) with ½ cup cashew nuts (or almonds or walnuts) with 1 cup RICE (brown or white)

MEAL 5:
“FATTY PROTEIN MEAL” ½ pound (8oz) of red meat (or salmon or swordfish) with a salad with 2 tablespoon of olive oil (or macadamia nut oil) and vinegar with 1 baked potato and/or yam

MEAL 6: Same as MEAL 3

MEAL 7: 5 whole eggs with ½ cup grits or Oatmeal

MEAL 8: 50g whey with 1 ½ tablespoons all natural Peanutbutter

smb
12-20-07, 3:06 pm
what does your offseason diet look like ox?

krazyassmexican
12-20-07, 7:10 pm
what does your offseason diet look like ox?

read the whole thread bro
he said it like 3 or 4 times already his cuttin diet is the base
he just adds carbs to it in the offseason

niladmirari88
12-21-07, 10:40 pm
I'm about to start my pre-contest diet in less than a week and just read in the beginning of this thread that a cleansing can be beneficial but takes a few weeks. Is this something I can start tomorrow and finish up a week into the keto diet?

Thanks for any and all responses.

girlbdybldr
12-22-07, 12:34 am
Hey I got a question for ya ... What do you think of streamline equipment (lol)?

Oh and my calves are still sore ...

Ox
12-22-07, 1:03 am
Hey I got a question for ya ... What do you think of streamline equipment (lol)?

Oh and my calves are still sore ...

Streamline?!!! Love it...wanna train with it all the time... hahaha. Could be the worst equipment I've ever used! Still had a good workout though.

Ox
12-22-07, 1:06 am
I'm about to start my pre-contest diet in less than a week and just read in the beginning of this thread that a cleansing can be beneficial but takes a few weeks. Is this something I can start tomorrow and finish up a week into the keto diet?

Thanks for any and all responses.

Depends on how intense of a cleansing you do. If you eat super clean, using a cleansing product, and eat lots of fibrous fruits and veggies and drink lots of tea you could pull it off in a week. Of course, you'd have to sit down and talk to someone knowledgable in the area, let them know you want to do an intensive cleanse and let them design a regimine including diet and supplementation for you.

ROC1291
12-22-07, 10:34 am
Hey... I'm glad this has become Ox+Krazy Mexican's Stable now.

Somebody should rename the thread!

eblnyc
12-22-07, 12:06 pm
all right people stop threadjacking..i came here to read QandA from evan and theres a bunch of bullshit going on..please have some respect for the man's thread..i think he knows alot more about BBing than we do...he's a pro[congrats on that] and most of us here are not..

ROC1291
12-22-07, 3:35 pm
That's exactly what I was trying to say the post before.

niladmirari88
12-22-07, 6:16 pm
Depends on how intense of a cleansing you do. If you eat super clean, using a cleansing product, and eat lots of fibrous fruits and veggies and drink lots of tea you could pull it off in a week. Of course, you'd have to sit down and talk to someone knowledgable in the area, let them know you want to do an intensive cleanse and let them design a regimine including diet and supplementation for you.

I picked up a 2 week Organic Total Body Cleanse. It has 4gm of carbs. I guess my question is if I start this cleanse along with the keto diet will the cleanse interupt the ketosis process? I don't think it would, I just want to be sure. Otherwise I would have to delay my pre-contest start date by a week and a half and would like to avoid that if possible.

niladmirari88
12-22-07, 8:21 pm
I missread the package. It is a 7 day cleanse and will work just fine. Sorry for the waste of thread space. Thanks.

krazyassmexican
12-22-07, 8:24 pm
That's exactly what I was trying to say the post before.

i dont see nothing wrong with helpin the man
since you guys ask the same questions everyday just because you dont wanna read the whole thread

and i wont stop helpin him unless him or j dawg ask me to do it

power inc.
12-23-07, 4:31 pm
I weigh around 180 and I'm trying to bulk up to about 205-210.
my cal intake is 4000 on traing days but i'm not geting any bigger. do you have any sugestions that will bust me out of this state. i just started M-stak but i'm not sure thats enough

T o m m Y
12-23-07, 4:55 pm
my cal intake is 4000 on traing days but i'm not geting any bigger. do you have any sugestions that will bust me out of this state. i just started M-stak but i'm not sure thats enough

Easy...EAT MORE =)

Ox
12-23-07, 6:34 pm

Easy...EAT MORE =)

The first thing I would suggest would be to eat more. But you say that you are eating 4000 on TRAINING days. What about other days. If anything, caloric intake on off days is even more important than intake on training days because that is when your body is trying to recover. Remember, if you grow outside the gym and not in the gym then you must be growing even more on the days when you do not enter the gym at all! I would shoot for 4500 calories EVERY DAY. Make sure you are taking Animal Pak and Uniliver tabs. Without good solid basic nutrition, you will not grow no matter what you take. All metabolic pathways and occurences require the use of some type of vitamin, mineral and or cofactor. Make sure yout ake your vitamins!!!

power inc.
12-23-07, 7:29 pm
I eat 3000 on non training days.
i'll try uping my cals to 4500 every day but i don't want to gain to much fat any sugestions on how to bulk and stay leanish.

pmug0000
12-23-07, 11:46 pm
Sorry if this question has already been posted in this thread, but I couldn't find it using the search function, and 53 pages is a lot go through. Here's the question: If you want to focus on a bodypart do you change up your routine? I think my chest development is lagging behind the rest of my body, both in size and strength increases. Right now my split is:
Sun: Chest
Mon: Off (or light cardio and abs)
Tue: Back
Wed: Shoulders
Thurs: Off (or light cardio and abs)
Fri: Arms
Sat: Legs

For chest I do: Incline Bench: pyramid up to my 3 rep max for 2-3 sets
Flat bench: 3 sets 5 reps
Incline Dumbbell Press: 3 sets 8 reps
Weighted Dips: 3 sets 8 reps
Flat Dumbbell Flyes: 3 sets 8 reps
Cable Crossover: 3 sets 10 reps

All my other bodyparts are steadily increasing in size and strength, but for whatever reason my chest has fallen behind. Do you think I should try training chest twice a week, or keep busting my ass once a week with each bodypart? Should I just change up the routine?

Your advice is always greatly appreciated.

Ox
12-24-07, 5:16 pm
I eat 3000 on non training days.
i'll try uping my cals to 4500 every day but i don't want to gain to much fat any sugestions on how to bulk and stay leanish.

You're eating 1000 calories less on non-training days! Not only will that inhibit your recuperation but fluctuations like that in calories is a recipe for fat gain. If you want to not gain too much fat KEEP YOUR CALORIC INTAKE THE SAME EVERY DAY! You could have a cheat MEAL or two a week and that will SPARK your metabolism. Otherwise, get in 4000 every day.

krazyassmexican
12-24-07, 5:17 pm
merry x mas evan
have a good one!

Ox
12-24-07, 5:20 pm
Sorry if this question has already been posted in this thread, but I couldn't find it using the search function, and 53 pages is a lot go through. Here's the question: If you want to focus on a bodypart do you change up your routine? I think my chest development is lagging behind the rest of my body, both in size and strength increases. Right now my split is:
Sun: Chest
Mon: Off (or light cardio and abs)
Tue: Back
Wed: Shoulders
Thurs: Off (or light cardio and abs)
Fri: Arms
Sat: Legs

For chest I do: Incline Bench: pyramid up to my 3 rep max for 2-3 sets
Flat bench: 3 sets 5 reps
Incline Dumbbell Press: 3 sets 8 reps
Weighted Dips: 3 sets 8 reps
Flat Dumbbell Flyes: 3 sets 8 reps
Cable Crossover: 3 sets 10 reps

All my other bodyparts are steadily increasing in size and strength, but for whatever reason my chest has fallen behind. Do you think I should try training chest twice a week, or keep busting my ass once a week with each bodypart? Should I just change up the routine?

Your advice is always greatly appreciated.

I would throw an extra chest session in maybe with shoulders. I would continue to train your other parts once per week with the only change being the extra chest session once per week. If you wanna be really good about it, I'd slam a serving of Torrent pre and post workout when you train chest. I'd put money on it that if you do this your chest WILL grow.

MonTanaMusCle
12-24-07, 6:58 pm
Yo ox whats up brother ? Hey man Ive been on the keto diet for a month and it seems like fat loss has stopped, it also seems like the majority of the progress has stopped. heres where I'm at diet and training wise. This was yesterday, my schedule is nearly the same every day. I weigh 223 lbs bf 13% LBM 195. Im at a sticking point and no sure what to do if I should cut back on fat or change workouts. I want to keep on the diet because the first month has been incredible.

7am Cuts
720 cardio slow walk on treadmill 50 mins
830 1scoop protein for lean mass 1scoop Iso pure animal Pak.
1045 5 whole eggs 5 grms fish oil
115 1 can tuna, 1 cup spinach leaves. 1 tblspoon olive oil 5 grms fish oil
215 Stack
300 Workout, )I'm currently on Max OT program Except for the cardio part)
345 BCAA, Glutamine stack, Cuts 50 min slow elipticall
445 1 Scoop protein for lean mass 1 scoop iso pure.
645 8 oz extra lean beef, 1 cup green beans. 1 scoop of Natty pb
930 8 oz ground turkey, 5 grms fish oil 1 scoop natty pb
at night 1 scoop whey protein 1 scoop natty pb

Protein 275 Grams ( not counting pb)
Fat 110
Water 1 gallon +

Even thanks for the time and advice brother.

pmug0000
12-25-07, 12:47 am
I would throw an extra chest session in maybe with shoulders. I would continue to train your other parts once per week with the only change being the extra chest session once per week. If you wanna be really good about it, I'd slam a serving of Torrent pre and post workout when you train chest. I'd put money on it that if you do this your chest WILL grow.

Thanks for the input. If I do chest with shoulders, should I do a lighter workout with higher reps, or stay pretty heavy with low reps?
Thanks again, and happy holidays.

krazyassmexican
12-26-07, 12:30 pm
whenever you have a chanse could yo do me a big favor and can we reset my diet together?

i am trying to bulk you know my situacion with carbs so i try to keep em low
this is how it looks right now:

5:00am 50grams of whey
7:00am 5whole eggs and 1/2cup of rolled oats + animal pak and 3liver tabs
10:00am 5oz of steak and 4oz of sweet potatoe + 3 liver tabs
around 11:30am - animal stak
1:00pm 5oz of chicken 1/2cup of brown rice, 1 cup of veggies and 3liver tabs
4:00pm (pre workout meal) 1 scoop of specialized protein for lean mass + 1 scoop of egg pro ultra + 1/2cup of oats
6:00pm (post workout) 50grams of whey
7:00pm 5oz of ground beef, 6oz of potatoe +1 cup of veggies and 3liver tabs
10:00pm specialized protein for lean mass, egg pro ultra and 2tbspn of pb

it seems like i am holding water with it
i wanted to give a shot at dave's diet

remember?

MEAL 1:
5 whole eggs (buy the OMEGA-3 EGGS they sell in the supermarket) with 1 cup of Cream of Rice or Oatmeal

50g Whey Protein ) with a liquid carbohydrate drink (such as WAXY MAIZE—-- try to get at least 50g carbs
50g Whey Protein with a liquid carbohydrate drink--try to get at least 50g carbs
MEAL 4:
“LEAN PROTEIN MEAL” ½ pound (8oz) of chicken (or turkey or lean fish or shrimp) with ½ cup cashew nuts (or almonds or walnuts) with 1 cup RICE (brown or white)
MEAL 5:
“FATTY PROTEIN MEAL” ½ pound (8oz) of red meat (or salmon or swordfish) with a salad with 2 tablespoon of olive oil (or macadamia nut oil) and vinegar with 1 baked potato and/or yam

could you help me fix it for me?

shakes in the morning i dont think they are a good idea since i workout in the afternoon
also the carb situacion what you think?

thanks evan!

ROC1291
12-27-07, 12:07 am
hey ox... found out some interesting stuff.
i was at this new market the other day, Apple Farmers? haha anyway..
They had the Omega 3 Egglands Best Eggs, then they had Nature's Yoke Eggs.

Now I know the Egglands Best have 100mg of Omega 3, but these Natures Yoke had 225mg of Omega 3.

Is it all hype? Is it worth the extra ten cents?

Both said Vegetarian Fed, Cage Free.
What I'm asking is... Will it be worth the extra money in the long run, because as of lately, my dad has been bitching at how much eggs have been costing and I have to purchase my own now.

On another note, will the 6 yolks clog my arteries? I'm 16 years old with a cholesterol of 220 last time I got it checked.

Rhetoric
12-27-07, 1:03 am
Hey Evan, hope the holidays treated you well. I was reading your "Zero Carb Method" article (great read, by the way) and want to try a diet similar to what you outlined in the "Preliminary Diet" simply because I seems easier to follow on the weekends than my current diet and those two days are always tricky in terms of meal planning. My question is whether or not I can still include Torrent PWO on training days (essentially between meals 4 and 5) and if I do, whether or not I should still eat a sweet potato with Meal 5. As always, thank you for you help.

krazyassmexican
12-27-07, 8:30 am
Hey Evan, hope the holidays treated you well. I was reading your "Zero Carb Method" article (great read, by the way) and want to try a diet similar to what you outlined in the "Preliminary Diet" simply because I seems easier to follow on the weekends than my current diet and those two days are always tricky in terms of meal planning. My question is whether or not I can still include Torrent PWO on training days (essentially between meals 4 and 5) and if I do, whether or not I should still eat a sweet potato with Meal 5. As always, thank you for you help.

since that is a bulkin diet i am sure you can use torrent
evan mentioned before he takes it post workout

krazyassmexican
12-27-07, 8:51 am
This diet is a foundation. I use this diet year-round. The only thing that changes is that in the offseason, I add 1/2 cup of oatmeal to each shake and add 40-50g of carbs to the whole food meals. For carbs it can be oats, white rice, sweet potato. Whatever appeals to me aside from bread or sugars. I also add 3 scoops of Torrent PWO in the offseason.
here we go rethoric

Ox
12-27-07, 10:23 am
hey ox... found out some interesting stuff.
i was at this new market the other day, Apple Farmers? haha anyway..
They had the Omega 3 Egglands Best Eggs, then they had Nature's Yoke Eggs.

Now I know the Egglands Best have 100mg of Omega 3, but these Natures Yoke had 225mg of Omega 3.

Is it all hype? Is it worth the extra ten cents?

Both said Vegetarian Fed, Cage Free.
What I'm asking is... Will it be worth the extra money in the long run, because as of lately, my dad has been bitching at how much eggs have been costing and I have to purchase my own now.

On another note, will the 6 yolks clog my arteries? I'm 16 years old with a cholesterol of 220 last time I got it checked.

10 cents more? Buy em. Egg yolks will not clog your arteries. Why would they?

Ox
12-27-07, 10:25 am

If you are bulking then yes. If you are trying to lose bodyfat, no.

Ox
12-27-07, 10:29 am
whenever you have a chanse could yo do me a big favor and can we reset my diet together?

i am trying to bulk you know my situacion with carbs so i try to keep em low
this is how it looks right now:

5:00am 50grams of whey
7:00am 5whole eggs and 1/2cup of rolled oats + animal pak and 3liver tabs
10:00am 5oz of steak and 4oz of sweet potatoe + 3 liver tabs
around 11:30am - animal stak
1:00pm 5oz of chicken 1/2cup of brown rice, 1 cup of veggies and 3liver tabs
4:00pm (pre workout meal) 1 scoop of specialized protein for lean mass + 1 scoop of egg pro ultra + 1/2cup of oats
6:00pm (post workout) 50grams of whey
7:00pm 5oz of ground beef, 6oz of potatoe +1 cup of veggies and 3liver tabs
10:00pm specialized protein for lean mass, egg pro ultra and 2tbspn of pb

it seems like i am holding water with it
i wanted to give a shot at dave's diet

remember?

MEAL 1:

MEAL 4:
MEAL 5:

could you help me fix it for me?

shakes in the morning i dont think they are a good idea since i workout in the afternoon
also the carb situacion what you think?

thanks evan!

I'm not sure I understand your question. Are you saying that you feel like you're holding water right now with your diet (limited carbs) but are contemplating trying Dave's method (significantly more carbs)? All I can tell you is that if you are retaining water rigt now you will probably retain a whole lot more with the addition of all those carbs. However, there is a good chance that you are still rebounding and somewhat swollen from introducing carbs back into your diet. This will subside.

Rhetoric
12-27-07, 10:31 am
since that is a bulkin diet i am sure you can use torrent
evan mentioned before he takes it post workout

here we go rethoric

Good lookin' out krazy. I thought I remembered Ox mentioning that a while back, but I couldn't find it... thanks.
Ox, sorry about that big guy. I'll definitely be more diligent before popping off a question next time. Thanks for the (retro-active) advice!

krazyassmexican
12-27-07, 10:31 am
I'm not sure I understand your question. Are you saying that you feel like you're holding water right now with your diet (limited carbs) but are contemplating trying Dave's method (significantly more carbs)? All I can tell you is that if you are retaining water rigt now you will probably retain a whole lot more with the addition of all those carbs. However, there is a good chance that you are still rebounding and somewhat swollen from introducing carbs back into your diet. This will subside.

so i guess i stick to my regular diet till my body adapts to carbs

any chance of gettin back to 230 in a heart beat?
what do you recommend so that shit doesnt happend

Rhetoric
12-27-07, 10:32 am
If you are bulking then yes. If you are trying to lose bodyfat, no.

Awesome. Thanks bro.

ROC1291
12-27-07, 11:40 am
[QUOTE=Hikeon3;109185]Awesome Mr. Centopani. Truly awesome.

Out of curiosity, what does a high fat/protein day while you're cutting for a show look like? What foods do you consider a staple during this time?

Here's what my diet looks like pre-contest:

Meal 1: 6 Whole eggs (Eggland's Best)

Meal 2: 1.5 scoops Universal Egg Protein, 1.5 Scoops Universal Specialized Protein for gaining lean Mass, 2 tbsp all natural peanut butter

Meal 3: 8 oz chicken, 2 cups green salad, 1/2 cup raw almonds

Meal 4: same as meal 2

Meal 5: 8 oz salmon, 2 cups green salad, 1tbsp olive oli

Meal 6: same as meals 2+4

Hey evan, thanks for the insight on the eggs.
I know these questions just keep on coming for you but at such a tender young age, I want to absorb all the information I can.
On your pre-contest diet you have listed above, how would you adjust that for somebody who weighs about 195 lbs, hopefully 200 by the time I start conditioning, with a 16% BF count who wants to get down to a solid and lean 160 or under 10% bodyfat?

Truth is, I've never really been happy with the way my body looks and I think I'll be able to put on more size and eat alot more If I am leaner.
I've got the cardio regimen and fat burner down as of now, just wanted to get all my research together before I start my first genuine cut, because my last one...well, let's just say was a disaster.

Ox
12-27-07, 10:28 pm
Ok people...listen up. I know I've said it before and I'm sure I'll say it again but here it is:

All you need to know is your lean body mass in lbs. and that you need 1.5g of protein per lb and that you will do a 1:1 CALORIE ratio of protein:fats. Here is an example of how the diet would work for a bodybuilder with 200 lbs of LEAN mass:

200lbs x 1.5g protein per lb of lean body mass = 300g protein per day
300g protein x 4 calories per gram = 1200 calories from protein per day
1200 calories / 9 calories per gram of fat = 133g of fat per day

300g of protein : 133g of fat = 1200 calories : 1200 calories = 1:1 ratio
So, each day you would take in 300g of protein and 133g of fat spaced over 6 meals. That would give you about 50g of protein per meal and 20g of fat per meal.

ROC1291
12-27-07, 10:32 pm
Ok people...listen up. I know I've said it before and I'm sure I'll say it again but here it is:

All you need to know is your lean body mass in lbs. and that you need 1.5g of protein per lb and that you will do a 1:1 CALORIE ratio of protein:fats. Here is an example of how the diet would work for a bodybuilder with 200 lbs of LEAN mass:

So, each day you would take in 300g of protein and 133g of fat spaced over 6 meals. That would give you about 50g of protein per meal and 20g of fat per meal.

Sorry dude...
Didn't realize you had it posted several times before.
Thanks anyway.

Pizzalamp
12-27-07, 10:32 pm
Hey Evan
I just saw the video of you on md.com of you doing the dips with the chains on your neck.

It looked like those babies were brutal.

krazyassmexican
12-28-07, 11:16 am
i saw that video as well
and not just the chains but your poses!
damn!
dude you are hardcore!

Ox
01-01-08, 12:59 pm
I just wanted to take a chance to thank everyone on the forvm for an awesome year. The support that all you guys have shown me and your passion for training and the lifestyle is truly awesome. I'm blessed to have the opportunity to share what I know with you guys and be able to learn from all of you as well. Thanks again for an awesome year. Here's to 2008! Time to start fresh, regroup, and re-evaluate our goals and how to accomplish them. It's a new dawn, it's a new day!

"If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got."
"Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different outcome is insanity."

PEACE.

EXUB
01-01-08, 7:15 pm
happy new year ev. I bet you're excited for that cruise haha. have fun du

kyderz
01-01-08, 9:48 pm
Fuckin Right, Doggie!

LWSniper14
01-02-08, 10:34 pm
Evan,

First of all, congratulations on all your success. You are truly an inspiration to all. I have a few questions for you. First, do you recommend supersets for off-season type training? Second, I know you train instinctively, but do you know what exercises you are gonna do when you walk into the gym or do you just play it by ear? Third, when you have a cheat meal, do you eat it earlier in the day or later in the day?

Thank you for your time and keep up the good work,

Greg

kyderz
01-03-08, 1:59 am
Evan,

First of all, congratulations on all your success. You are truly an inspiration to all. I have a few questions for you. First, do you recommend supersets for off-season type training? Second, I know you train instinctively, but do you know what exercises you are gonna do when you walk into the gym or do you just play it by ear? Third, when you have a cheat meal, do you eat it earlier in the day or later in the day?

Greg

He eats it as his last meal.

Ox
01-03-08, 9:31 am
Evan,

Greg

I think that supersets, drop sets, and just plain old striaght stest should be utilized year round. I think it's important to train more or less the same in the offseason as pre-contest: heavy and with intensity.I usually have some idea of what my workout will be before I get to the gym but once I'm there I finalize everything.I always have my cheat meal as the last meal of the day. Peace.

Lunatic001
01-03-08, 10:50 am

Ox,

You answered the question I pm'd you. Thanks for the help I will change my diet according to this but I will try a low carb diet before jumping to ketosis. While dieting do you recommend shock or pump and nitro or BCAA/Eaa Stack??

thanks for your time,
Lunatic001

chevy79camaro
01-03-08, 4:52 pm
Happy New Year All.

Evan, I have been using quick oats and/or sugarless packs for the past two years. I recently saw that you recommended using the old fasion oats instead. Well I got me some and have to choke em down. lol Is there a trick you do to them to make them taste better or have any suggestions??? Thank you and CONGRATS on the nationals.

Ox
01-04-08, 10:39 am
Ox,

You answered the question I pm'd you. Thanks for the help I will change my diet according to this but I will try a low carb diet before jumping to ketosis. While dieting do you recommend shock or pump and nitro or BCAA/Eaa Stack??

thanks for your time,
Lunatic001

Personally, I would go with Pump and Nitro. With this combo you will get the best of both worlds. As for the diet, keep in mind that a low carb diet is more difficult than a no carb diet. On a low carb diet, your brain is still depending on carbs for fuel and given the fact that you are running LOW carbs it is pretty much guaranteed that you will run out. That is when you will feel crappy. In contrast, on a no carb diet, you force your brain to switch to running on ketone bodies and you never feel low or lethargic/ no ups and dows. The only reason I mention this is that I do not want you to get discouraged thinking that if a low carb diet is so hard then a no carb diet is that much harder...not the case. But then again, some people can go failry low on carbs and still feel ok. Good luck.

Lunatic001
01-04-08, 10:43 am
Personally, I would go with Pump and Nitro. With this combo you will get the best of both worlds.

Thanks for your time Ox, and I know it is a little past due but Congrats on your PRO card. Can't wait to see you and House on stage.

Lunatic001

P.S. I am finising a final tub of shock, is it good to take it while on ketosis??

krazyassmexican
01-04-08, 10:45 am
Thanks for your time Ox, and I know it is a little past due but Congrats on your PRO card. Can't wait to see you and House on stage.

Lunatic001

P.S. I am finising a final tub of shock, is it good to take it while on ketosis??

not to hijack ox but
no
it's not ok

go with pump

Ox
01-04-08, 10:46 am
Happy New Year All.

Evan, I have been using quick oats and/or sugarless packs for the past two years. I recently saw that you recommended using the old fasion oats instead. Well I got me some and have to choke em down. lol Is there a trick you do to them to make them taste better or have any suggestions??? Thank you and CONGRATS on the nationals.

Cook them according to the directions on the label, add cinnamon and splenda. Right now, because Im in the offseason I do mine with a 1/2 banana, 1/2 apple, 1 tbsp coconut oil, and 1 tbsp of honey and a pinch of sea salt...Fuckin' slammin'! I have this after I drink a Unisyn + 1 scoop of Iso Whey blended with 1 cup berries and 1 tbsp flax seed oil. MMMMMMMMM.....

Elite
01-04-08, 10:49 am
Cook them according to the directions on the label, add cinnamon and splenda. Right now, because Im in the offseason I do mine with a 1/2 banana, 1/2 apple, 1 tbsp coconut oil, and 1 tbsp of honey and a pinch of sea salt...Fuckin' slammin'! I have this after I drink a Unisyn + 1 scoop of Iso Whey blended with 1 cup berries and 1 tbsp flax seed oil. MMMMMMMMM.....

You son of a gun-diddly-un. I caught that just before i set out to buy food. Added to shopping list, YUM!

Do you heat all the extras with the oats, or slam it all in when it comes out the microwave?
Tho to be honest, i prefer raw oats with just cold milk than warm...

krazyassmexican
01-04-08, 10:52 am
ox
what do you think about the statement

IT's ok to spike your insuline levels first thing in the morning?

like can i throw some honey or simple carbs to my 5am shake without worrying about fat gains?

Lunatic001
01-04-08, 10:52 am
not to hijack ox but
no
it's not ok

go with pump

Thanks KAM, will wait till I finish my tube then......

Ox
01-04-08, 4:13 pm
You son of a gun-diddly-un. I caught that just before i set out to buy food. Added to shopping list, YUM!

Do you heat all the extras with the oats, or slam it all in when it comes out the microwave?
Tho to be honest, i prefer raw oats with just cold milk than warm...

I cook the oats, apples and banana together and once it's cooked I put it in a bowl and add the coconut oil and honey. I like em cold too but I don't drink milk so that doesn't leave me many options. When I make my shakes I add them raw and that's cool.

Ox
01-04-08, 4:15 pm
ox
what do you think about the statement

IT's ok to spike your insuline levels first thing in the morning?

like can i throw some honey or simple carbs to my 5am shake without worrying about fat gains?

I don't think you want to spike them first thing in the morning unless you're going for all out mass and in that case you want to spike it throughout the day. But for you I'd say the only time you want to intentionally spike it is PWO.

waugie14
01-04-08, 5:24 pm
I don't think you want to spike them first thing in the morning unless you're going for all out mass and in that case you want to spike it throughout the day. But for you I'd say the only time you want to intentionally spike it is PWO.

Ox, I workout in the morning after my first meal, then later after my postworkout meal i start to feel tired until I eat again. There good size meals too, any opinion as to whats goin on?

krazyassmexican
01-04-08, 5:24 pm

i heard that "to break the fast"

in my case i have 2 servings of spm
that way it holds me till my eggs and oats LOl

i am thinkin very serious on startin spikin my insulin PWO
i may buy some lava or torrent

ROC1291
01-05-08, 5:44 pm
torrent is amazing imo...
go with it dude.

i cant share my opinion on lava because i dont know what it is, but i do know torrent is all you need pwo.
you will have stomach problems at first so drink lots of water with it.

niladmirari88
01-05-08, 7:29 pm
The label says the only thing in it is sodium. No carbs or anything. I would assume this is ok on the keto diet?

BigDaddy21
01-07-08, 12:17 pm
yo ox, everyones always asking ya about diet questions, which is cool cause you get cut to the bone... but your masssssive on the off season which i think should be admired as well and what do ya think contributes to that, do ya have any other remedies ya follow that you think personally create such an impact just as following your zero carb keto. i see your cheat meal last in the diet seems interesting bro. maybe ya throw more things like that in the mix
...been a fan since jump street

Seifer
01-07-08, 11:26 pm
Haha, Big Daddy just mentioned what he eats in the offseason.

I'll never forget watching a video of him (Evan) in his hotel room and he got out of a microwave what would feed an entire kindergarden class for lunch. And sat and ate it all while he talked to the camera. Haha, i loved it.

Diabolus
01-10-08, 4:47 pm
Hey everyone I'm new here, was referred to this thread by a friend of mine b/c of
my questions regarding cutting. I went through the majority of the post but did
not see a question pertaining to mine. Ox, what are you're thoughts regarding
using caffeine during cutting(coffee and fat burners), I read some info related to Atkins
that caffeine causes an insulin spike which is obviously counter-productive on a keto-diet.
Another question, I know you've said that protein shakes are ok, but mine has 2g of sugar and
3g of carbs, I assume a low amount of both won't sabotage the diet? , I plan on following
your diet to the letter and just want to make sure I don't screw up. My apologies in advance
if you've already answered these questions, Thanks.

Grond Al-Ghoul
01-10-08, 5:00 pm
Hey everyone I'm new here, was referred to this thread by a friend of mine b/c of
using caffeine during cutting(coffee and fat burners), I read some info related to Atkins
that caffeine causes an insulin spike which is obviously counter-productive on a keto-diet.
Another question, I know you've said that protein shakes are ok, but mine has 2g of sugar and
3g of carbs, I assume a low amount of both won't sabotage the diet? , I plan on following
your diet to the letter and just want to make sure I don't screw up. My apologies in advance

Welcome aboard Bro!! This is my forum name btw.

Rexor91
01-11-08, 3:58 pm
It's awesome to see you on here Ox... I've been following you for a minute through MD and what not. It's awesome to see a fat kid finally make it! lol, I'm pumped though. Are you gonna make it to the Arnold this year with the rest of the crew? It'd be awesome to meet you in person, and get to shoot the breeze a little bit. But yeah bra, major props... stay at it. I'm hoping a possible trip to nationals this year, so maybe I'll get to see ya bring it home!

Rexor91
01-11-08, 4:01 pm
One more quick thing... I've been reading through this thread, havn't made it though all damn 50 something pages yet though! lol, but the uniliver supplement you talk about taking... that like milk thistle or something totally different?

my_year2008
01-12-08, 8:17 am
Hey OX im a fan of yours from Australia, im also part italian as well, where abouts r u family from in italy?
Also if u get the chance would u mind checking out my thread i made and help me out with it, http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=13998

Thanks

Carmine

Ox
01-14-08, 11:44 am
Ox, I workout in the morning after my first meal, then later after my postworkout meal i start to feel tired until I eat again. There good size meals too, any opinion as to whats goin on?

You're probably spiking your insulin. Insulin's job is to remove sugar (because it is very reactive and dangerous when levels are high) from the blood and store it. When this happens your blood sugar gets low and you feel sleepy. If you're tryin to gain size, just keep eatin'!

Ox
01-14-08, 11:46 am
i heard that "to break the fast"

in my case i have 2 servings of spm
that way it holds me till my eggs and oats LOl

i am thinkin very serious on startin spikin my insulin PWO
i may buy some lava or torrent

torrent is amazing imo...
go with it dude.

i cant share my opinion on lava because i dont know what it is, but i do know torrent is all you need pwo.
you will have stomach problems at first so drink lots of water with it.

Definitely go with the Torrent. Aside from being superior, the taste is no contest.

Ox
01-14-08, 11:46 am
The label says the only thing in it is sodium. No carbs or anything. I would assume this is ok on the keto diet?

Hot sauce is fine...knock yourself out!

krazyassmexican
01-14-08, 11:47 am
Definitely go with the Torrent. Aside from being superior, the taste is no contest.

thanks ox
how you been my brother

Ox
01-14-08, 11:51 am
yo ox, everyones always asking ya about diet questions, which is cool cause you get cut to the bone... but your masssssive on the off season which i think should be admired as well and what do ya think contributes to that, do ya have any other remedies ya follow that you think personally create such an impact just as following your zero carb keto. i see your cheat meal last in the diet seems interesting bro. maybe ya throw more things like that in the mix
...been a fan since jump street

Thanks man...much appreciated. As for attributing my offseason size to something I'd have to say it's a combo fo genetics and diet. I've always put on weight fairly easy and since I started eating with such consistency and getting on the right macros I've seen myself grow tremendously. In my opinion it's about eating the right stuff, in the right quantity, day after day after day after day...CONSISTENCY! Calories in VS. Calories out!

ChandlerXJ
01-14-08, 11:56 am
Evan - I read what you said about Paula Dean in MD. I agree. The only ingredients she uses is salt, butter, and some southern love. She made Fudge the other day, and added VELVETA. WTF?

I do like Dinner:Impossible ... Irvine is jacked too...

I think maybe when you're bodybuilding days are over, you should get a food network show...

Haha...

How you been man? how's the off season?

Ox
01-14-08, 12:42 pm

I'm glad to see you posting bro, welcome! As for dieting, some caffeine is fine. A cup or two of coffee per day is fine and will help give an extra kick. I would probably stay away from taking a lot of stimulant based fat burners though because that WILL raise your cortisol and that wll hinder fat burning. As for the shakes, if you can't find one with zero and couple of grams won't kill you. Good luck and let me know if you have any more ?s. Peace.

Ox
01-14-08, 12:56 pm
It's awesome to see you on here Ox... I've been following you for a minute through MD and what not. It's awesome to see a fat kid finally make it! lol, I'm pumped though. Are you gonna make it to the Arnold this year with the rest of the crew? It'd be awesome to meet you in person, and get to shoot the breeze a little bit. But yeah bra, major props... stay at it. I'm hoping a possible trip to nationals this year, so maybe I'll get to see ya bring it home!

I'll def. be at the Arnold. Make sure you come over and say what's up and we'll bullshit. You won't see me bring it home at this year's nationals though because I already did! hahaha.Peace.

Ox
01-14-08, 1:01 pm
One more quick thing... I've been reading through this thread, havn't made it though all damn 50 something pages yet though! lol, but the uniliver supplement you talk about taking... that like milk thistle or something totally different?

It's beef liver. It's taken because it's high in iron, enzymes, etc etc and helps you build your blood and will help your energy and pumps.

Ox
01-14-08, 1:34 pm
Hey OX im a fan of yours from Australia, im also part italian as well, where abouts r u family from in italy?
Also if u get the chance would u mind checking out my thread i made and help me out with it, http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=13998

Thanks

Carmine

Carmine-

I believe my grandmother is Northern Italian and my Grandfather is Calabrese. I'll check your thread out. Ciao.

Ox
01-14-08, 1:37 pm
Evan - I read what you said about Paula Dean in MD. I agree. The only ingredients she uses is salt, butter, and some southern love. She made Fudge the other day, and added VELVETA. WTF?

I do like Dinner:Impossible ... Irvine is jacked too...

I think maybe when you're bodybuilding days are over, you should get a food network show...

Haha...

How you been man? how's the off season?

Paula is a pig. Plain and simple. Fudge + velveta = proof. I agree with you bro...the food network is my destiny. That would be a dream come true. Offseason is going well bro. You? I just got back from a cruise and it's time to hammer it. Peace.

Lunatic001
01-14-08, 2:36 pm
Ox,

I’ve have been reading through your thread which has a lot of info and created a diet using your formula, but between spinach, natty PB, Extra Virgin Olive oil, Lettuce, and raw almonds I get a total of 52 g of carbs according to fitday.com. Is this okay? My protein shakes have 6 g carbs per 48 g of protein. I take 3 of those throughout the day and it is a total of 18 g of carbs due to the shakes? So 34 comes from the rest of the food…..what do you think I am doing wrong???

Thanks for your time,
Lunatic001

P.S. the diet is posted in my journey if you have time......

Rexor91
01-14-08, 2:46 pm
I'll def. be at the Arnold. Make sure you come over and say what's up and we'll bullshit. You won't see me bring it home at this year's nationals though because I already did! hahaha.Peace.

It's beef liver. It's taken because it's high in iron, enzymes, etc etc and helps you build your blood and will help your energy and pumps.

Awesome man, hells yeah I cant wait! The Arnold is like my vacation every year pretty much lol... But I was under the impression your gonna do the Nationals again for some reason? My bad, but I'm pullin' for ya either way lol. Now, for the uniliver, is that is capsules or tablets or liquid. My dad is from the oldschool, I pretty much grew up around it all my life... but back in the day they used to drink pre-digested animal proteins. The way he explained it was pretty much fucking gross, but all in the name of growth I guess lmao. But yeah, I'd deff be interested in trying it out. Do you get at just a GNC type store, a green health food store maybe? Thanks again, bra.

Rhetoric
01-14-08, 7:30 pm
Hey Evan,
Glad you enjoyed the cruise... a much needed and well deserved break, I'm sure.
So, as I was sitting on the calf raise the other day ready to piss my brains out, it occurred to me that I don't think I've ever read anything that you (or any other pro, for that matter) have stated regarding an optimal amount of water to drink while working out. Is this strictly a matter of preference or is there an actual amount that bodybuilders should be aiming for to maximze efficiency while in the gym? I usually take down a quater gallon while training... and then run straight to the John when my last weight hits the floor. Your thoughts? Thanks bro.

my_year2008
01-15-08, 3:27 am
Carmine-

I believe my grandmother is Northern Italian and my Grandfather is Calabrese. I'll check your thread out. Ciao.

Thanks Champ, will look foward 2 hearing what u say bout my diet plan.

ChandlerXJ
01-15-08, 6:16 pm
Holy shit bro... "fudge + velveta = proof" ... that's epic hahahahaha

Off season is going good, trying to figure out what to do for a show. I wanted to do the NPC RI naturals, but they aren't testing anymore, and the other available tested shows are NPC Team New England in August, or NPC something or other in CT in November... which, in my opinion, you need to be guest posing at.

Anyways, once I decide about the show, I'll be ready to go.

Hope to see you back in Philly soon man, and hope to see you on food network in the future.

Peace Ev.

goody19
01-15-08, 9:51 pm
Ox, Saw you in golds in west springfield tonight.. lookin big man. i saw pics from nationals and holy shit have you thrown on weight. didnt get a chance to say whats up since you had pretty big crew surrounding ya.. just wanted to say congrats on the pro card and good luck in the future. maybe ill see ya at a abc ct if i ever get a weekend off work...

Ox
01-15-08, 11:23 pm
Ox,

I’ve have been reading through your thread which has a lot of info and created a diet using your formula, but between spinach, natty PB, Extra Virgin Olive oil, Lettuce, and raw almonds I get a total of 52 g of carbs according to fitday.com. Is this okay? My protein shakes have 6 g carbs per 48 g of protein. I take 3 of those throughout the day and it is a total of 18 g of carbs due to the shakes? So 34 comes from the rest of the food…..what do you think I am doing wrong???

Thanks for your time,
Lunatic001

P.S. the diet is posted in my journey if you have time......

Don't worry about the carbs in the almonds etc. The only thing you should try and get down is the carbs coming from the protein powder. Consider an isolate like IsoWhey. It has no carbs. Zero. That's because it is an isolate meaning that all the lactose has been removed. Switch up the protein and you'll be fine. Peace.

Ox
01-15-08, 11:27 pm
Awesome man, hells yeah I cant wait! The Arnold is like my vacation every year pretty much lol... But I was under the impression your gonna do the Nationals again for some reason? My bad, but I'm pullin' for ya either way lol. Now, for the uniliver, is that is capsules or tablets or liquid. My dad is from the oldschool, I pretty much grew up around it all my life... but back in the day they used to drink pre-digested animal proteins. The way he explained it was pretty much fucking gross, but all in the name of growth I guess lmao. But yeah, I'd deff be interested in trying it out. Do you get at just a GNC type store, a green health food store maybe? Thanks again, bra.

Universals Uniliver is one of the only dessicated liver products left aside from being the best one out there. It's a tablet and you can order it right from UniversalNutrition.com. It's a really great value too because they're not very expensive and are so nutritionally dense. I know what your dad is talking about...hyrolyzed liquid proteins and collagen right? That's nasty shit. Just be glad you don't have to drink that shit hahaha...I think I'd ratehr be skinny...well maybe not.

Ox
01-15-08, 11:32 pm
Hey Evan,
Glad you enjoyed the cruise... a much needed and well deserved break, I'm sure.
So, as I was sitting on the calf raise the other day ready to piss my brains out, it occurred to me that I don't think I've ever read anything that you (or any other pro, for that matter) have stated regarding an optimal amount of water to drink while working out. Is this strictly a matter of preference or is there an actual amount that bodybuilders should be aiming for to maximze efficiency while in the gym? I usually take down a quater gallon while training... and then run straight to the John when my last weight hits the floor. Your thoughts? Thanks bro.

I drink about 5 liters total per day. I think one gallon during training is too much. Aside from the constant need to piss which you mentioned drinking too much water and be just as bad as drinking too little. You drink too much of it and you run the risk of screwing up your minerals and electrolyte balance then you'll feel like shit. Dont forget, minerals like calcium and magnesium or vital for the contraction and relaxation of muscle and sodium and pottasium are key players in cellular fluid transfer. Drink too much water and you wipe all this shit out and stuff doesn;t function properly. If you're sweating your brains out I would say that 2 liters during training is plenty. I usually drink one liter during training (it's winter time and my gym is cold). I like to space my watee throughout the day. I think that's the best way to do it. But one gallon during your workout is def too much.

Ox
01-15-08, 11:37 pm
Ox, Saw you in golds in west springfield tonight.. lookin big man. i saw pics from nationals and holy shit have you thrown on weight. didnt get a chance to say whats up since you had pretty big crew surrounding ya.. just wanted to say congrats on the pro card and good luck in the future. maybe ill see ya at a abc ct if i ever get a weekend off work...

WTF?! You didn't come over and say hi? You really should have, that's why I went up there man. Oh well. Next time you see me make sure to say what's up. See...look at all this nice stuff you had to say...it's so much better when you say it in person. That's okay. Try and get your ass to an ABC event. I hear there's one goin on in New Haven this Saturday the 19 at 12 noon. BE THERE. Peace.

Pizzalamp
01-15-08, 11:43 pm
hey Evan
just saw u in the new issue of Flex-very cool

Are u going to be at golds this sat for the abc??

take care
grant

Lunatic001
01-16-08, 11:27 am
[QUOTE=Ox;266758]Don't worry about the carbs in the almonds etc. The only thing you should try and get down is the carbs coming from the protein powder. Consider an isolate like IsoWhey. It has no carbs. Zero. That's because it is an isolate meaning that all the lactose has been removed. Switch up the protein and you'll be fine. Peace.[/QUOTE

Ox,

Thanks for your time. Will change the protein....

Ox
01-16-08, 12:10 pm
hey Evan
just saw u in the new issue of Flex-very cool

Are u going to be at golds this sat for the abc??

take care
grant

I'm in the new Flex?! Cool. What am I doing? I didn't know that. Yes I'll be there.

krazyassmexican
01-16-08, 12:31 pm
ox i am looking foward to shake your hand in the cage as well
i hope we can get a training together
it will be awesome
make sure you invite dave if we get a big ass abc session down there too ;)

Rexor91
01-16-08, 2:24 pm
Universals Uniliver is one of the only dessicated liver products left aside from being the best one out there. It's a tablet and you can order it right from UniversalNutrition.com. It's a really great value too because they're not very expensive and are so nutritionally dense. I know what your dad is talking about...hyrolyzed liquid proteins and collagen right? That's nasty shit. Just be glad you don't have to drink that shit hahaha...I think I'd ratehr be skinny...well maybe not.

Awesome, bra, thanks for the heads up. Yeah, I tried it once... I actually lost a bet to him and he made me drink like 16oz bottle of that shit... lol, got it all down.. it came right back up lmao. He got a kick out of it, but that's about as bad as Arnold's infamous Cottage Chesse shake. Seriously, shits gross. But yeah, thanks again mayne... ordering mine here shortly.

Pizzalamp
01-16-08, 8:38 pm
I'm in the new Flex?! Cool. What am I doing? I didn't know that. Yes I'll be there.

in the new issue w/ melvin anthony on it
theres coverage of the nationals and a huge pic of u that says evan almighty-and it talks about u winning the nationals for a bit

cant wait to see u again bro
peace

dido336
01-18-08, 12:45 pm
Hey Ox, Do you think throwing a few sets of squats in before an exercise on a day other than leg-day would help for mass!?

Ox
01-18-08, 7:21 pm
Hey Ox, Do you think throwing a few sets of squats in before an exercise on a day other than leg-day would help for mass!?

I've tried that before and didn't like it. I feel like if I hit legs hard enough when Im supposed to them the additional sets shouldn't be necessary.

kyderz
01-19-08, 1:30 am
I've tried that before and didn't like it. I feel like if I hit legs hard enough when Im supposed to them the additional sets shouldn't be necessary.

They say if you do squats and deadlifts, more growth hormone will be released than if you hadn't done them.

I'd figure it would help you release hormones when you lift in general, but do these exercises really make a difference in the amount being released?

If this is so, how long after these supposed gh-boosting exercises will it be released?

I would guess it would NOT be immediate?

dido336
01-19-08, 1:11 pm
thanks ox Ive just been destroying my legs on leg day, im sure it wouldnt hurt but who kows if itd help

ROC1291
01-20-08, 12:33 am
Ox, I have a question or two about ketosis and brain power.
Will being on the Palumbo diet affect my grades in school?

Aaron_Cole
01-20-08, 6:57 pm
Hey OX,

Read the bio on your website and it really moved me. I had the same experiences in physique as a kid and since last year have really begun to improve my body, most of my old friends hardly even recognized me. Wanted to let you know that your life has been a big inspiration to my own on my journey to become an Animal.

Rexor91
01-22-08, 3:32 pm
Ox... just checked out your page bro, it's friggin' awesome. Your bio is seriously inspiring. Awesome story dude, congrats on all the succes and good luck for tons more to come. Can't wait to meet ya in March.

Toni69
01-22-08, 3:35 pm

ok..I must ask..why do you think this diet will affect your grades in school?

kyderz
01-22-08, 3:37 pm
ok..I must ask..why do you think this diet will affect your grades in school?

Rumor has it, Ketosis makes you react slower, and you cannot use your brain as effectively.

I think this is BS.

Toni69
01-22-08, 3:42 pm
Rumor has it, Ketosis makes you react slower, and you cannot use your brain as effectively.

I think this is BS.

well..I been on it since Nov and I can say with my experience..this is absolutely NOT true. keto is not starving you at all...how your plan and organize your diet, training and day to day life is another story..but if you do it right...its like any other diet and actually I say its better. I have done my share of carb cycling in the past and never had the results Im getting now off keto. I have made way better progress overall with keto. My strength has gone through the roof, my energy levels have been great ever since my body switched to ketones..and keep in mind..we do carb up on this diet once a week. I mean keto may not be for every body...but you wont know till you give it a go, be consistent and patient with it..and take it from there.

Vinny G
01-22-08, 3:47 pm

if you are thinking that being on zero carbs will hurt you in the thinking department.....taking in fats will replace the carbs that fuel your brain.

it might give you a headache the first week, but when the carbs leave your sytem and the fats take over, you will be fine.

Toni69
01-22-08, 3:50 pm
if you are thinking that being on zero carbs will hurt you in the thinking department.....taking in fats will replace the carbs that fuel your brain.

it might give you a headache the first week, but when the carbs leave your sytem and the fats take over, you will be fine.

perfect response right there! Why didnt I say that? LOL

LWSniper14
01-22-08, 8:16 pm
Evan,

I noticed that during the in the trenches videos, that you always start off triceps with rope extensions. Do you during them just strictly as a warm-up or do you do them for more of a pre-exhaust effect? Also, how many exercises would you recommend doing for biceps and triceps?

Thank you

ROC1291
01-22-08, 10:31 pm

thanks guys.

you too TONI!

Ox
01-22-08, 10:34 pm

No definitely not. I actually feel very sharp on the no carb diet. Your brain can run on ketones the same as it runs on carbs. You will never know the difference. If anything, your brainpower and thinking will be the same throughout the day and not dependant upon whether or not you have eaten.

Ox
01-22-08, 10:36 pm
Hey OX,

Read the bio on your website and it really moved me. I had the same experiences in physique as a kid and since last year have really begun to improve my body, most of my old friends hardly even recognized me. Wanted to let you know that your life has been a big inspiration to my own on my journey to become an Animal.

Ox... just checked out your page bro, it's friggin' awesome. Your bio is seriously inspiring. Awesome story dude, congrats on all the succes and good luck for tons more to come. Can't wait to meet ya in March.

Thanks you guys. Everyone always says it's their favorite part of the site. Glad to hear it.

Ox
01-22-08, 10:37 pm
Evan,

I noticed that during the in the trenches videos, that you always start off triceps with rope extensions. Do you during them just strictly as a warm-up or do you do them for more of a pre-exhaust effect? Also, how many exercises would you recommend doing for biceps and triceps?

Thank you

I usually start with them to warm up with. But there are days when I pre-exhaust wth them as well. I usually do about 16 sets apiece.

niladmirari88
01-22-08, 10:50 pm
Hey Ox,

The keto diet is working great. I'm getting hard and I'm able to maintain my strength and energy in the gym. I have a question about the cheat meal. Do you put it on a certain night in accordance with when the day/time of your show is? My show is on a Saturday and I was going to put my cheat meal on Friday nights. Does that make sense or does it even matter? Thanks for all the help.

Ox
01-23-08, 9:06 am
Hey Ox,

The keto diet is working great. I'm getting hard and I'm able to maintain my strength and energy in the gym. I have a question about the cheat meal. Do you put it on a certain night in accordance with when the day/time of your show is? My show is on a Saturday and I was going to put my cheat meal on Friday nights. Does that make sense or does it even matter? Thanks for all the help.

Doesn't matter. Just have it on whatever night you prefer. Once you pick a night, be sure to have it the same night each week.It doesn't matter with the show because you won't have the cheat meal the week of the show anyways. I usually have to cut mine out 3-4 weeks before the show. But if you are really tight and can keep it in longer, that's even better. But you will def. not have it the week of the show either way.

Ox
01-23-08, 9:12 am
They say if you do squats and deadlifts, more growth hormone will be released than if you hadn't done them.

I'd figure it would help you release hormones when you lift in general, but do these exercises really make a difference in the amount being released?

If this is so, how long after these supposed gh-boosting exercises will it be released?

I would guess it would NOT be immediate?

The exercises make a huge difference. Releasing this cascade of anabolic hormones all depends on how much you shock your nervous system. Exercises like squats and deads shock it the most. That's why if you squat and deadlift with intensity, you'll feel like you're going to throw up. Some would argue that main prupose of trianing is not to simply isolate muscles and tear down the tissue but rather, to stimulate your nervous system and train it to release these hormones. I say it's a combo of both. I don't know exactly when the hormones get released etc. Doesn't matter. Just squat! We all know that we fwould feel a lot different after 10 sets of squats than we would after 10 sets of leg extensions even though the extensions might be isloating the muscles more. But NOBODY ever built a good set of legs with just extensions.

niladmirari88
01-23-08, 9:28 am
Doesn't matter. Just have it on whatever night you prefer. Once you pick a night, be sure to have it the same night each week.It doesn't matter with the show because you won't have the cheat meal the week of the show anyways. I usually have to cut mine out 3-4 weeks before the show. But if you are really tight and can keep it in longer, that's even better. But you will def. not have it the week of the show either way.

good to know. thanks a bunch

Toni69
01-23-08, 11:38 am
hey Ev, how the hell are ya? Quickie question..thoughts on couscous as a carb up option? minus the butter and/or oil.

DRIVEN
01-23-08, 2:22 pm
Hey ox-

was just wondering what you woudl do if you were in my situation...6-3 190lbs frame is pretty damn lean but i am making osme progress bulking...im on a 24/7 bulk but try to keep myself in shape somewhat....i do NO cardio but i lift every week with the most intensity taht i can in hopes of packing on more and more muscle...i eat pretty damn clean, steak, potatos, chicken pretyt much everything i have read on the forvm that will help me get jacked. My question to you is that i have always cared more about my other muscles then my core....abs, obliques, etc if i do them i do not go into a great detail with it, so obveously i have built a layer over them. If i start caring about not using salts on my food, drinkin enough water, and stop eating so damn late like i usually do being a college student and all.....do you think it would be possible to wick some if it away? it would most likely be shocking my body bcause i NEVER do cardio or any kind of hardcore CORE exercises really.....id like to try to be able to keep my stomach their somewhat even if i am bulking all the time...what u think?..thanks...

DRIVEN

Rexor91
01-23-08, 2:29 pm
Even... got a quick question on preferences bra. As for the long digesting protien on the NO carb diet(I'm intersted and about to try it out).... do you just take in egg protien between meals and before bed or do you a micellar type with Whey, Egg, and casiens?

niladmirari88
01-23-08, 9:54 pm
So what do you eat in the days leading up to your show? Do you just keep the diet the same or carb up? Also do you cut out the shakes near the end to lose the water?

Ox
01-24-08, 9:20 am
Even... got a quick question on preferences bra. As for the long digesting protien on the NO carb diet(I'm intersted and about to try it out).... do you just take in egg protien between meals and before bed or do you a micellar type with Whey, Egg, and casiens?

I don't use a long digesting protein. Like I mentioned before I like whey isolate when doing the zero carb because it's usually the only way to get a zero carb protein. Egg protein is cool if you like that but I usually use whey isolate. I don't do well with casein or micellar casein...it fucks my stomach up. I've never felt that there was any need for it so long as you are eating throughout the day. And at night time...it's okay not to eat for 8-10 hours. You can't lose muscle when you sleep. Besides, it's a nice time to burn some fat. Bra? What the hell?

Ox
01-24-08, 9:21 am
So what do you eat in the days leading up to your show? Do you just keep the diet the same or carb up? Also do you cut out the shakes near the end to lose the water?

I carb up the last few days and I cut the shakes when I begin carbing up.

Rexor91
01-24-08, 11:11 am
I don't use a long digesting protein. Like I mentioned before I like whey isolate when doing the zero carb because it's usually the only way to get a zero carb protein. Egg protein is cool if you like that but I usually use whey isolate. I don't do well with casein or micellar casein...it fucks my stomach up. I've never felt that there was any need for it so long as you are eating throughout the day. And at night time...it's okay not to eat for 8-10 hours. You can't lose muscle when you sleep. Besides, it's a nice time to burn some fat. Bra? What the hell?

LMAO, like... Hang loose bra! I've said that shit since I was like 7. Anyways lol, good deal... I did some reading on all the other shit and it seemed really over the top for the "cause" I guess. Thanks dude, Isolate it is!

Carpe Diem P.T
01-24-08, 8:39 pm
i have been reading a number of 'ask the pros' pages and you seem to be the best at addressing everyones questions individually and giving a thorough and well thought out response. keep up the good work.

Ox
01-24-08, 10:44 pm
i have been reading a number of 'ask the pros' pages and you seem to be the best at addressing everyones questions individually and giving a thorough and well thought out response. keep up the good work.

I try. Partly because I feel obligated to help those who consider my advice worthy of asking but mainly because I enjoy it and therefore can't help it! Thanks man.

Ox
01-24-08, 10:45 pm
LMAO, like... Hang loose bra! I've said that shit since I was like 7. Anyways lol, good deal... I did some reading on all the other shit and it seemed really over the top for the "cause" I guess. Thanks dude, Isolate it is!

No problem brosky.

Ozkar
01-25-08, 12:07 am
Hi Ox

I've been training with weights for 6 years now, but I've never gotten the results I wanted since I also play football and have weak joints, thus I get injured very often. I recently took the decision of leaving football for good (my Dr. has recommended this for years) and focus on my weight training. I just recovered from my last injury and started training again 3 weeks ago.
My goal is to gain lean muscle mass, or just bulk up and afterwards cut down on my bf%. I am starting at a new job in 2 weeks that involves doing a lot of stuff, one of them is lifting stuff (computers, TV's and the likes) and it is a full time job.
Now, my questions are: 1) Which supplements (Animal or others) do you recommend I take to achive my goals? 2) I know that since I'm gonna be lifting stuff part of the day, how will that affect the routin I use at the gym? or, which routine and how often would you recommend to use? 3) Should I alter how much I eat during the day?

Thanks for your time,

Oz

MDur8
01-25-08, 1:29 pm
Evan how ya doin?...I hope everything is going well for you...I have a quick question...Im using the keto approach in my contest prep and so far Im having great results...After two weeks I had my cheat meal and I was wondering is it really important to cheat every week after that?

Ox
01-25-08, 7:41 pm
Evan how ya doin?...I hope everything is going well for you...I have a quick question...Im using the keto approach in my contest prep and so far Im having great results...After two weeks I had my cheat meal and I was wondering is it really important to cheat every week after that?

CRUCIAL...just as important as having your diet be on every other meal fo the week. IT'S PART OF THE DIET. OMMIT THE CHEAT MEAL AND YOU WILL NOT BE FOLLOWING THE DIET.

MDur8
01-25-08, 9:41 pm
CRUCIAL...just as important as having your diet be on every other meal fo the week. IT'S PART OF THE DIET. OMMIT THE CHEAT MEAL AND YOU WILL NOT BE FOLLOWING THE DIET.

Alright thanks for clearing that up...

rlund25
01-27-08, 10:52 am
Hey Ox i had to ask you this question ever since i read that you use to be the fat kid because i use to be that kid to. Ok i just started my new smemster and i had to change my workout time from 1pm to 5pm so i get done lifitng around 6 maybe 6:30 i do my two scoops of protein but i worry about the calories that i take in right before bed so i switched it. So now i take my shake before i lift is this just as good as taking it after?

Ox
01-27-08, 10:03 pm
Hi Ox

I've been training with weights for 6 years now, but I've never gotten the results I wanted since I also play football and have weak joints, thus I get injured very often. I recently took the decision of leaving football for good (my Dr. has recommended this for years) and focus on my weight training. I just recovered from my last injury and started training again 3 weeks ago.
My goal is to gain lean muscle mass, or just bulk up and afterwards cut down on my bf%. I am starting at a new job in 2 weeks that involves doing a lot of stuff, one of them is lifting stuff (computers, TV's and the likes) and it is a full time job.
Now, my questions are: 1) Which supplements (Animal or others) do you recommend I take to achive my goals? 2) I know that since I'm gonna be lifting stuff part of the day, how will that affect the routin I use at the gym? or, which routine and how often would you recommend to use? 3) Should I alter how much I eat during the day?

Thanks for your time,

Oz

Alright...first off if you wanna talk nutrition let's say you should shoot for a minimum of six meals per day- 3 whole food meals and 3 shakes. That should be easy if you eat/prepare breakfast and dinner at home and only have to take 3 shakes and 1 meal with you during the day. As for supps I would include (in order of importance) Animal Pak- a good multi, Animal Flex (for your joints), a good protein supplement such as Iso Whey or Animal Max, Fish oil Caps, Evening Primrose Caps, and if you have some extra money buring a hole in your pocket some Torrent. As for training I would train five days a week and be in and out of the gym in under an hour. Hit it hard and go home. DO NOT change your diet from day to day. Always keep it the same.

Ox
01-27-08, 10:09 pm
Hey Ox i had to ask you this question ever since i read that you use to be the fat kid because i use to be that kid to. Ok i just started my new smemster and i had to change my workout time from 1pm to 5pm so i get done lifitng around 6 maybe 6:30 i do my two scoops of protein but i worry about the calories that i take in right before bed so i switched it. So now i take my shake before i lift is this just as good as taking it after?

It's okay. If you're trying to put on size then you need the shake PWO and then a meal after that. If you're just trying to maintain the have the shake an hour or so pre workout and then be sure to eat after you train. But honestly bro, if you're just doing a couple scoops of iso whey and some water PWO you're not very likely to put on fat...I wouldn't be too worried about it. Trust me, I was afraid of food for a long time because I was always worried about getting fat again. I wasted a lot of hard time and effort in the gym because I wasn;t fueling my body properly to get anything out of it. Don't do that. Train hard and eat and you won't get fat. Trust me.

Ozkar
01-28-08, 12:53 am
Alright...first off if you wanna talk nutrition let's say you should shoot for a minimum of six meals per day- 3 whole food meals and 3 shakes. That should be easy if you eat/prepare breakfast and dinner at home and only have to take 3 shakes and 1 meal with you during the day. As for supps I would include (in order of importance) Animal Pak- a good multi, Animal Flex (for your joints), a good protein supplement such as Iso Whey or Animal Max, Fish oil Caps, Evening Primrose Caps, and if you have some extra money buring a hole in your pocket some Torrent. As for training I would train five days a week and be in and out of the gym in under an hour. Hit it hard and go home. DO NOT change your diet from day to day. Always keep it the same.

Hi Ox

Ok, thanks for the advise. So, just one more question, being a hardgainer and all, should I also add M-stak or Stak2 to the equation? I was just wondering because I've seen the Combo Stacks that Animalpak.com recommends.

Thanks for your time

Oz

rlund25
01-28-08, 6:45 pm
It's okay. If you're trying to put on size then you need the shake PWO and then a meal after that. If you're just trying to maintain the have the shake an hour or so pre workout and then be sure to eat after you train. But honestly bro, if you're just doing a couple scoops of iso whey and some water PWO you're not very likely to put on fat...I wouldn't be too worried about it. Trust me, I was afraid of food for a long time because I was always worried about getting fat again. I wasted a lot of hard time and effort in the gym because I wasn;t fueling my body properly to get anything out of it. Don't do that. Train hard and eat and you won't get fat. Trust me.

Thanks ox its great having someone who knows what its like. You hit the nail on the head i wasted a good year of training worrying about getting fat again. And i learned to eat cleaner and more and the fat seems to stay away when i do that. Thanks for the advice i will leave the shake in after my workout.

MDur8
01-28-08, 10:49 pm
Ox what do you think about glutamine while on keto??? I know palumbo doesnt think much of it and I think I read on the MD boards from you that it may cause an insulin spike... Anyways just hoping you could clear it up for me...

mikejones1
01-29-08, 12:07 am
man this is some good info, i love reading this stuff and learning new knowledge. just thought id throw that out there. this is really some good stuff
keep up the good work ox, in the gym and on this board.

Diabolus
01-29-08, 1:21 am
Ok, this is a question for Ox and everybody on the keto diet: On the cheat meal, how
many carbs should you strive for?, and if you don't mind, maybe give some examples
of what you've been using as a cheat meal. I'm on my third day and feeling great, every thing
seems to be working fine so far, just want to prep a little in advance for the cheat meal.
Thanks!.

krazyassmexican
01-29-08, 6:36 am
Ok, this is a question for Ox and everybody on the keto diet: On the cheat meal, how
many carbs should you strive for?, and if you don't mind, maybe give some examples
of what you've been using as a cheat meal. I'm on my third day and feeling great, every thing
seems to be working fine so far, just want to prep a little in advance for the cheat meal.
Thanks!.

for that cheatmeal ox may agree with me just eat whatever you want, it's a cheat meal for a reason dont count carbs or calories

just cheat

cake, cookies, chocolates, sweet bread.....
they make some bad ass cheat meals

RooRooTJ
01-29-08, 8:03 am
for that cheatmeal ox may agree with me just eat whatever you want, it's a cheat meal for a reason dont count carbs or calories

just cheat

Is there a point that you can go to far though in this cheat meal? I know I dont get one for 12 days 9 hours 43 minutes and 12 seconds, but I am not counting or anything. haha. Just wondering though if you go overboard will it basically reverse the two weeks of hard work.

MDur8
01-29-08, 10:44 am

just cheat

Actually bro from what Ive read from dave palumbo you shouldnt go over 500g of carbs...that shouldnt be too hard though i think my stomach would explode before that lol

H4RDC0R3
01-29-08, 1:05 pm
I am cutting for the next 8 weeks and just wanted some ideas to improve my diet. I am 5'7" tall and weigh 159lbs, with 15% body fat.. Looking to get to single digit body fat over the next 8 weeks or so. I follow the workout #8 on this website and am doing about 1 hour of cardio every other day
6:00am Kashi 7 whole grain pilaf
6 egg whites
8:00am Whole Grain English Muffin
3 slices of Canadian Bacon
1 slice fat-free american cheese
10:00am 4ounces of Steak
1 cup of asparagus
12:00pm 8 ounces of chicken breast
1 cup of asparagus
2:00pm 1 fat free yogurt
4:00pm 1 Protein Shake w/ water
4:30pm No-xplode
6:00pm 1 Protein Shake w/ fat-free skim milk
8:00pm 2tbs Natty Pb

Calories - 1580 calories
Carbs - 95g carbs
Protein - 190g protein

McFly
01-29-08, 1:10 pm
Ox,

I pretty sure i read somewhere you talking about the benefits of massage and what kind you got, but can't find the article. I think maybe even pre-workout???

I ask because my massage therapist didn't really suggest training after a massage.

krazyassmexican
01-29-08, 1:12 pm
Is there a point that you can go to far though in this cheat meal? I know I dont get one for 12 days 9 hours 43 minutes and 12 seconds, but I am not counting or anything. haha. Just wondering though if you go overboard will it basically reverse the two weeks of hard work.

it is the last meal of the day
you are gonna cheat and go to sleep
the next day you will wake up in ketosis

coolj
01-29-08, 1:26 pm
Just wanted to say whatup Ox and looks like a bunch of good information in here...appreciate it bro.

Lunatic001
01-29-08, 1:37 pm
Ox,

Just wanted to say thanks for your help on putting my diet in place and for all your quick responses. It is alway appreciated and just wanted to let you know that your advice and help has changed my whole idea behind my nutrition and training.

Thanks,
Lunatic001

niladmirari88
01-29-08, 3:46 pm
I've been sick the past couple days and have been taking ibuprofen. Is that bad on the keto diet? Would is spike my insulin? If that's the case, should I wait another two weeks before my next cheat meal? As always, your help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Rexor91
01-29-08, 5:06 pm
I've been sick the past couple days and have been taking ibuprofen. Is that bad on the keto diet? Would is spike my insulin? If that's the case, should I wait another two weeks before my next cheat meal? As always, your help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

good question x2

Ox
01-29-08, 5:26 pm
Hi Ox

Ok, thanks for the advise. So, just one more question, being a hardgainer and all, should I also add M-stak or Stak2 to the equation? I was just wondering because I've seen the Combo Stacks that Animalpak.com recommends.

Thanks for your time

Oz

Personally, I would opt for the M-Stak. Lots of good ananbolic hormone optimizers + aminos and no anti-aromatase stuff. No doubt.

Ox
01-29-08, 5:28 pm
Ox what do you think about glutamine while on keto??? I know palumbo doesnt think much of it and I think I read on the MD boards from you that it may cause an insulin spike... Anyways just hoping you could clear it up for me...

I have always been told to stay away from it pre-contest for that same reason. Most L-Glutamine gets wasted anyway. If you were going to supplement with it I would look for a glutamine peptide powder but I would relegate that to offseason use. If your diet is right you don't need glutamine while dieting.

Ox
01-29-08, 5:29 pm
man this is some good info, i love reading this stuff and learning new knowledge. just thought id throw that out there. this is really some good stuff
keep up the good work ox, in the gym and on this board.

Thanks buddy I appreciate that.

Ox
01-29-08, 5:31 pm
Thanks!.

I would shoot for a pretty hefty amount of carbs. 125-200g depending on your bodyweight. When I do mine I go out for sushi and I usually have about 12 pieces of sushi, 2 bowls of white rice and 4 rolls. Then I have a snickers and a milky way for desert.

Ox
01-29-08, 5:33 pm

Stick to eating whatever you want to eat within an hour time frame.

Ox
01-29-08, 5:34 pm
Just wanted to say whatup Ox and looks like a bunch of good information in here...appreciate it bro.

Ox,

Just wanted to say thanks for your help on putting my diet in place and for all your quick responses. It is alway appreciated and just wanted to let you know that your advice and help has changed my whole idea behind my nutrition and training.

Thanks,
Lunatic001

Thanks guys.

Ox
01-29-08, 5:36 pm

I don't think that ibuprofen spikes your insulin and I wouldn't skip your cheat meal. However, I would opt for aspirin over ibuporfen. Asprin is a pain reliever while ibuprofen is a failry strong anti-inflamatory. Unless you absolutely need it, you should limit your intake of anti-inflammatories. Muscle growth is an inflamatory process-limitling it will screw up muscle gains.

SDR
01-29-08, 6:14 pm
Im not a newbie to bulking and every bodybuilder has there own sort 'formula' if you will, but how many carbs per pound of bodyweight would you reccomend one to have for bulking Ox? Im currently 205...for protein i go for 1.5 , which is around 300grams of protein and works well for me.

Thanks

ROC1291
01-29-08, 11:00 pm
Ox...
Love the input, just wondering what ideal cardio is for ketosis.
I've heard its something like 3.2 Speed on a 10.0 Incline for treadmill but I know its also important to mix it up.

ChandlerXJ
01-30-08, 12:16 am
Ev, now, seriously why would you have a snickers and a milky way - I mean, Milky Way's are like the generic version of snickers... I'd say replace the milky way with a king size twix man, and quite possibly the peanut butter version.

Anyways - my dieting for the NPC Team New England Naturals starts 3/23 ... I'll keep you posted broheim... I owe all of this to you man!

Hopefully I'll see you in CT if I drop by man..

take it easy ev

Ox
01-30-08, 9:12 am
Im not a newbie to bulking and every bodybuilder has there own sort 'formula' if you will, but how many carbs per pound of bodyweight would you reccomend one to have for bulking Ox? Im currently 205...for protein i go for 1.5 , which is around 300grams of protein and works well for me.

Thanks

I usually shoot to get the same amount of carbs as protein. a 1:1 ratio.

krazyassmexican
01-30-08, 9:12 am
i heard about some shit called protein serum
it is supposed to be someshit comming of beef's blood or some shit
what do you think of it?

Ox
01-30-08, 9:13 am
Ox...
Love the input, just wondering what ideal cardio is for ketosis.
I've heard its something like 3.2 Speed on a 10.0 Incline for treadmill but I know its also important to mix it up.

It's best to keep your heartrate between 120 bpm and 130 bpm. Don't go below 120 and don't go over 130.

Ox
01-30-08, 9:17 am
Ev, now, seriously why would you have a snickers and a milky way - I mean, Milky Way's are like the generic version of snickers... I'd say replace the milky way with a king size twix man, and quite possibly the peanut butter version.

Anyways - my dieting for the NPC Team New England Naturals starts 3/23 ... I'll keep you posted broheim... I owe all of this to you man!

Hopefully I'll see you in CT if I drop by man..

take it easy ev

Damn that's funny you say that because I would opt for the Twix when I wanted a change...it's like you've known me all my life...hahaha. Are you psyched to start dieting? I hope it's an awesome experience for you. You don't owe me that much! It all comes down to you buddy...but I wouldn't stop you from buyin me lunch if you insisted...hahaha jk. All the best bro. Peace.

Ox
01-30-08, 9:18 am
i heard about some shit called protein serum
it is supposed to be someshit comming of beef's blood or some shit
what do you think of it?

Never heard of it. Sounds grizzly.

krazyassmexican
01-30-08, 9:24 am
Never heard of it. Sounds grizzly.

taken from the blood plasma of healthy, young beef cattle. Protein Serum is eight times stronger than whey protein isolate, making it the strongest protein source ever developed with health benefits no other can lay claim to. This product has the smell and taste of rich chocolate with over 60 studies conducted by legitimate third-party research facilities that have repeatedly shown Protein Serum can provide significant health benefits to your heart, muscles, immune system, body composition and body chemistry. You will feel Protein Serum do more for your body than any nutritional supplement you have ever tried, period. The protein is just a bonus and as the name Protein Serum implies, “The Serum is in the Protein.”

SOUNDS kinda nasty and too good to be truth LOL

Rexor91
01-30-08, 12:28 pm
taken from the blood plasma of healthy, young beef cattle. Protein Serum is eight times stronger than whey protein isolate, making it the strongest protein source ever developed with health benefits no other can lay claim to. This product has the smell and taste of rich chocolate with over 60 studies conducted by legitimate third-party research facilities that have repeatedly shown Protein Serum can provide significant health benefits to your heart, muscles, immune system, body composition and body chemistry. You will feel Protein Serum do more for your body than any nutritional supplement you have ever tried, period. The protein is just a bonus and as the name Protein Serum implies, “The Serum is in the Protein.”

SOUNDS kinda nasty and too good to be truth LOL

lol, no doubt.... hell it'd be worth buying it it works half as good as they say

Pizzalamp
01-31-08, 12:23 am
Evan
hope all is good-it was cool seeing u in stamford last weekend
youre such a down to earth and approachable guy-i really enjoyed getting to chat w/ u-and u must have motivated me because i had a kick ass workout afterwards lol

hey i have a question on extra virgin olive oil
i try to use the mac nut oil because i looove the taste but i ran out and now im back to the xtra virgin olive oil-i really hate the taste of it-it seems to burn my throat-i just bought raos restaurant xtra virgin-and it seems to be good stuff-but do u have any advice on a good quality one? and do u mix anyhting w/ it-like vinegar?

thanks
Grant

mustgetbig
01-31-08, 9:35 pm
hey ox ive started a keto diet and was wondering if you could tell me how it looked

right now i weigh 245lbs i am 5ft 10in with a bf% of 23 and im eating

6 eggs
5-8oz chicken breasts
3-cups mayo
3 tbsp almond oil
pre/post workout shake

i dont eat that all at once i just crumble of the chicken and mix it with the mayo and almond oil and eat that 5 times a day with eggs for break fast
heres my training
monday-morning cardio,afternoon weighttraining,post workout cardio
tuesday-morning cardio,afternoon weighttraining,post workout cardio
wednesday-morning cardio,evening cardio
thursday- morning cardio,afternoon weighttraining,post workout cardio
friday- morning cardio,afternoon weighttraining,post workout cardio
saturday-morning cardio ,evening cardio
sunday-morning cardio,evening cardio
all cardio is 20 mins long

thanks in advance pce

mex.i.can
02-01-08, 11:54 am
i have a question about working out while on the keto diet that i would like ox or another keto expert to answer. while on a keto diet, should i keep working out hard with heavy weights like i'm doing on a bulk or should i lower the weights and do more reps? logic would dictate that working out with heavy weights would help to gain some lean muscle mass or at least maintain or preserve most of the lean muscle mass already on your frame. that same logic would dictate that doing more reps with lighter weights would help burn more fat. which training routine should i focus more? should i do heavy weights for the lean muscle mass and leave the fat burning for the cardio? should i do more reps with lower weight to propel the fat burning that much more after the cardio? i would appreciate the input of anybody and everybody that has had extensive keto experience. thanks in advance.

Ox
02-01-08, 8:13 pm
Evan
youre such a down to earth and approachable guy-i really enjoyed getting to chat w/ u-and u must have motivated me because i had a kick ass workout afterwards lol

i try to use the mac nut oil because i looove the taste but i ran out and now im back to the xtra virgin olive oil-i really hate the taste of it-it seems to burn my throat-i just bought raos restaurant xtra virgin-and it seems to be good stuff-but do u have any advice on a good quality one? and do u mix anyhting w/ it-like vinegar?

thanks
Grant

No doubt buddy...it was good seeing you too...happy to hear your training is going well. As for the olive oil, the best one I have come across so far is at Trader Joe's. It's organic, extra virgin olive oil. Look on the back of the bottle and make sure it's Italian Olive oil. I've tried all the shit from California, Australia and Spain and bottom line is that Italian olive oil puts all of em to shame. It comes in a 500ml bottle and it's very reasonably priced ($7 I think). That's by far my favorite one. I don't usually mix vinegar with it...I usually just add some oil and sea salt to my rice and my veggies.

Ox
02-01-08, 8:18 pm
Evan

thanks
Grant

Shoot me your email adress and I'll email you a scanned image of the label. Just so that you make sure you get the right one because they have like 20 different olive oils there.

Ox
02-01-08, 8:22 pm
hey ox ive started a keto diet and was wondering if you could tell me how it looked

right now i weigh 245lbs i am 5ft 10in with a bf% of 23 and im eating

6 eggs
5-8oz chicken breasts
3-cups mayo
3 tbsp almond oil
pre/post workout shake

i dont eat that all at once i just crumble of the chicken and mix it with the mayo and almond oil and eat that 5 times a day with eggs for break fast
heres my training
monday-morning cardio,afternoon weighttraining,post workout cardio
tuesday-morning cardio,afternoon weighttraining,post workout cardio
wednesday-morning cardio,evening cardio
thursday- morning cardio,afternoon weighttraining,post workout cardio
friday- morning cardio,afternoon weighttraining,post workout cardio
saturday-morning cardio ,evening cardio
sunday-morning cardio,evening cardio
all cardio is 20 mins long

thanks in advance pce

Damn bro...you eat more than I do pre-contest! I would:
swap 6 whole eggs for 3 whole eggs and 6 whites
get rid of the mayo...replace 3 cups (cups!) of mayo with 3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
get rid of the almond oil all together
add 1 cup of green veggies to each of your whole food meals

Ox
02-01-08, 8:24 pm
i have a question about working out while on the keto diet that i would like ox or another keto expert to answer. while on a keto diet, should i keep working out hard with heavy weights like i'm doing on a bulk or should i lower the weights and do more reps? logic would dictate that working out with heavy weights would help to gain some lean muscle mass or at least maintain or preserve most of the lean muscle mass already on your frame. that same logic would dictate that doing more reps with lighter weights would help burn more fat. which training routine should i focus more? should i do heavy weights for the lean muscle mass and leave the fat burning for the cardio? should i do more reps with lower weight to propel the fat burning that much more after the cardio? i would appreciate the input of anybody and everybody that has had extensive keto experience. thanks in advance.

Train the same way while dieting as you did offseason. What put the size there will preserve it. High reps don't burn more fat...trainign hard and with intensity burns fat and cardio burns fat. Train hard and heavy and do cardio afterwards.

Pizzalamp
02-01-08, 8:51 pm
No doubt buddy...it was good seeing you too...happy to hear your training is going well. As for the olive oil, the best one I have come across so far is at Trader Joe's. It's organic, extra virgin olive oil. Look on the back of the bottle and make sure it's Italian Olive oil. I've tried all the shit from California, Australia and Spain and bottom line is that Italian olive oil puts all of em to shame. It comes in a 500ml bottle and it's very reasonably priced ($7 I think). That's by far my favorite one. I don't usually mix vinegar with it...I usually just add some oil and sea salt to my rice and my veggies.
cool thanks a lot!

Shoot me your email adress and I'll email you a scanned image of the label. Just so that you make sure you get the right one because they have like 20 different olive oils there.
Evan you have pm!
thanks again

mustgetbig
02-01-08, 9:37 pm
get rid of the mayo...replace 3 cups (cups!) of mayo with 3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil

ok thanks ox i appreciate it pce.

Lunatic001
02-01-08, 11:09 pm
Ox,

If you have time can you check my diet on my journey? it is a keto approach and I would appreciate your insight opinion.

Thanks in advance,
Lunatic001

P.S. If you want me to post it here let me know...thanks

Diabolus
02-01-08, 11:14 pm
Thanks for your reply Ox and Krazy, I have a much better idea of what to do now.
I didn't wanna go overboard but at the same time wanted to make sure I had enough
carbs to make the cheat meal effective.
Yeah Krazy, thats what I'm talking about, cookies, cakes, etc. sound damn good to
me, especially right now!. Never been a sugar freak, but this diet has been giving
me some mad cravings.
I think I save all that for dessert and eat some rice and bananas for the bulk of the
meal, I'd like to keep most of the carbs 'clean', and find a good balance of Healthy/junk
for the meal lol.

Thetasteofink69
02-02-08, 1:38 am
Hey Ox

First off, congrats on the pro card man.. That's fucking huge..

I was hoping you could give me a few tips about keto diets..

I'm 16 and i'm bulking to somewhere around 180-190 lbs..

I'm taking pak right now, and i just recently started taking storm

I'm hoping to start my first cut around june or july..

My original plan was just to cut back on fat and carbs a little, and throw in 30-45 minutes of cardio each day, resulting in about a 1000 deficit each day..

I've been doing a lot of reading about keto diets though, and they're starting to sound like the better day to go

I don't have a lot of fat to lose.. my guess is that my bf% is between 12-15% right now

So what do you think would be best for someone my age? I'm kind of leaning towards keto but either way works for me

Thanks a lot man

ROC1291
02-02-08, 11:52 am
Hey Ox
My one and final question before my journey to ketosis is...

Of all these supps.

uniliver
bcaa 2000
eaa stack
bcaa stack
animal nitro

If i am taking Nitro and Unilever, do I really need the extra bcaa and eaa stacks?

ROC1291
02-02-08, 2:06 pm
sorry, one more thing.
if i am one month out from a cut, will taking nitro g and torrent combined PWO affect me from hardening up?

mustgetbig
02-02-08, 8:29 pm

ox just 1 more question i was wondering if the veggies were just for fiber and if they were if i could just take some fiber pills instead so i dont get the extra carbs thanx pce

ChandlerXJ
02-03-08, 12:32 pm
For the bro above - I think fiber pills will have carbs - that's what fiber is ... nonabsorbent carbs?

Anyway, Ev, as I am laying out my map for the show, one thing I haven't considered is sodium and water. What are your suggestions for all this?

Also, I saw the homeless guy from Philly yesterday, it was quite possibly the best thing I've ever seen. Anyway, he said he wants a signed copy of that picture of you and Vin and the homeless guy.... hahaha...

mustgetbig
02-03-08, 2:34 pm
For the bro above - I think fiber pills will have carbs - that's what fiber is ... nonabsorbent carbs?

Anyway, Ev, as I am laying out my map for the show, one thing I haven't considered is sodium and water. What are your suggestions for all this?

Also, I saw the homeless guy from Philly yesterday, it was quite possibly the best thing I've ever seen. Anyway, he said he wants a signed copy of that picture of you and Vin and the homeless guy.... hahaha...

yea bro your right
the plan ox gave me is working like a charm anyway and im in ketosis so im cool

krazyassmexican
02-03-08, 2:38 pm
ox just 1 more question i was wondering if the veggies were just for fiber and if they were if i could just take some fiber pills instead so i dont get the extra carbs thanx pce

if you are constipated or something buy some sugar free metamucil, i know ox uses it, and he recommended it to me a few months ago

mustgetbig
02-03-08, 3:41 pm
if you are constipated or something buy some sugar free metamucil, i know ox uses it, and he recommended it to me a few months ago

yea dats wad i just had to use

Ox
02-03-08, 6:21 pm
Hey Ox

First off, congrats on the pro card man.. That's fucking huge..

I was hoping you could give me a few tips about keto diets..

I'm 16 and i'm bulking to somewhere around 180-190 lbs..

I'm taking pak right now, and i just recently started taking storm

I'm hoping to start my first cut around june or july..

My original plan was just to cut back on fat and carbs a little, and throw in 30-45 minutes of cardio each day, resulting in about a 1000 deficit each day..

I've been doing a lot of reading about keto diets though, and they're starting to sound like the better day to go

I don't have a lot of fat to lose.. my guess is that my bf% is between 12-15% right now

So what do you think would be best for someone my age? I'm kind of leaning towards keto but either way works for me

Thanks a lot man

I dont think you have to go keto... just clean things up. I would say that if you are eating QUALITY proteins, carbs and fats at each meal and you throw in some cardio and train with intensity you will tighten up just fine. the key is QUALITY foods. All home cooked stuff. No school lunches, no eating out, no keg parties!

Ox
02-03-08, 6:22 pm
Hey Ox
My one and final question before my journey to ketosis is...

Of all these supps.

uniliver
bcaa 2000
eaa stack
bcaa stack
animal nitro

If i am taking Nitro and Unilever, do I really need the extra bcaa and eaa stacks?

No you do not....but you better have Animal Pak in there!

Ox
02-03-08, 6:26 pm
sorry, one more thing.
if i am one month out from a cut, will taking nitro g and torrent combined PWO affect me from hardening up?

If you burn through carbs like they're nothing then they won't affect you. If you are full blown cutting though, I would drop them cuz they will prevent you from getting your leanest.

Ox
02-03-08, 6:27 pm

You need the green veggies because they are essential to life and your health! Fiber pills are not. Eat some green veggies.

Ox
02-03-08, 6:29 pm

If you are sliced then water won't be a big issue. Typically, you drink lots of water the week before the show and 3 days out drop your sodium and 24 hours prior to the show you eliminate your water intake. Tell him I can get him one but it will cost 'em.

kyderz
02-04-08, 12:12 am
If you are sliced then water won't be a big issue. Typically, you drink lots of water the week before the show and 3 days out drop your sodium and 24 hours prior to the show you eliminate your water intake. Tell him I can get him one but it will cost 'em.

What the fuck will he be able to pay you? LOL. Crusty dragon flies?

kyderz
02-04-08, 12:33 am
Let us pretend I weigh in at 225 [don't pretend, it's true haha]. My lean body mass is just about 180.

I do 270g protein, 120g fats exactly.

Ox, I am getting ready for The House's show in September come May, and from mid-May, it leaves me 16 or 17 weeks til showtime. Is this too much time, or is this pretty ideal for a first complete cut?

Thanks Oxford [muahahaha].

--Kyle

Hoffdogg
02-06-08, 7:55 pm
OK I have the question as above. Current weight is 238 and 24% BF. So that puts lean mass at 181.

I have been doing Keto for almost one month (From 246 starting weight and 26%).

I am at 300g Protein, 130g Fat. I eat my veggies with each meal and take in 1 gallon of water per day at least. I only use 2 shakes in the day the rest is lean protein and dark green veggies. Flax, Natty PB etc for fats.

I am doing cardio 4 mornings a week, empty stomach except BCAA's. Lifting 4-5 days a week.

Solid? Or not.....thanks so much.

kyderz
02-06-08, 8:00 pm
OK I have the question as above. Current weight is 238 and 24% BF. So that puts lean mass at 181.

I am at 300g Protein, 130g Fat. I eat my veggies with each meal and take in 1 gallon of water per day at least. I only use 2 shakes in the day the rest is lean protein and dark green veggies. Flax, Natty PB etc for fats.

I am doing cardio 4 mornings a week, empty stomach except BCAA's. Lifting 4-5 days a week.

Sounds pretty legit Hoff, but I was under the impression that we should be eating 1.5g of protein x out LEAN body weight.

Maybe I misunderstood; I understand Ox is probably tired of answering questions about this, but I don't want to be taking in too many calories for a successful cut.

Any chance I would start at 300 and 130 then cut it back as my bf loss starts to taper?

Hoffdogg
02-06-08, 8:04 pm
Any chance I would start at 300 and 130 then cut it back as my bf loss starts to taper?This is where I was started, and it has worked. But after reading through this thread I was just wondering.

I just want to get a "second opinion" that I am on the right track.

kyderz
02-06-08, 8:05 pm
Sounds good bro.

Congrats on your cut so far man, looking nastyyyyy.

>:0

REBORN1
02-06-08, 10:14 pm
i got a question for everyone reading this, with my diet, i have basically been using the 93/7 ground turkey when i can i get the 99/1 but that is quite expensive, my thing is this, to hit my goal of 250 by july 1st, i am well on track, weighing in today at 290 and my strength is basically staying the same, i have not lost overall weight on lifts just total reps, my question is this, i think it might be too soon to start eating just fish but i have also read and done research that chicken can cause extra estrogen to be produced, i guess i could eat more broccolli with this....what im trying to get at is can anyone give me sort of a sample diet to follow to help me get to 270, from 270 to 250 i will eat mostly fish, my stats right now are 6'5, 290 lbs and id say my BF has dropped b.c i am starting to see more veins...thanks for the help

btw ev, congrats on the pro card man, saw the md spread and the videos man, your a beast, def. one of my inspirations too

Ox
02-07-08, 9:54 am

You need to base your protein/fat intake on your lean mass. Right now you're eating as much as I do pre-contest. Also, I would do cardio every morning, weights 5 days/week.

Hoffdogg
02-07-08, 10:36 am
You need to base your protein/fat intake on your lean mass. Right now you're eating as much as I do pre-contest. Also, I would do cardio every morning, weights 5 days/week.
Excellent, I really appreciate your help. I will make the change immediately.

Renegade223
02-07-08, 4:03 pm
Evan,

How you been man?

Renegade223

Rexor91
02-07-08, 4:06 pm
Hey Ox... quick question. Are you on the split of training twice a day?

Lunatic001
02-07-08, 4:06 pm
Evan,

How you been man?

Renegade223

Yeah, he is right, we always ask for tips, advice and opinions and I haven't taken the time to see how your diet, training and mindset are? How is the training going? Getting the changes and improvements that you are working for?? or just a plain "how are you holding up man?"

Thanks,
Lunatic001

Ox
02-07-08, 6:19 pm
Evan,

How you been man?

Renegade223

Yeah, he is right, we always ask for tips, advice and opinions and I haven't taken the time to see how your diet, training and mindset are? How is the training going? Getting the changes and improvements that you are working for?? or just a plain "how are you holding up man?"

Thanks,
Lunatic001

I'm good guys thanks for asking. I'm just over 270 right now and my strength is goin up. I just added in a seventh meal and it seems to be doing the trick. I took the few months after the NAtionals to just train hard and eat well but not eat a ton of food. I like to let my body normalize and I don;t feel like it's a great idea to go from starving yourself to stuffing yourself. So last week I started eating more to grow and added the seventh meal. I'm training 5 days a week just like always and my split is the same. I've been getting a solid 9-10 hours of sleep each night and I think it really helps my recuperation. My back and legs feel like they're growing which is good. I really need to hammer my chest and legs this offseason and that's what I'm doin! Other than that stuff I'm just lookin forward to checkin out the Arnold and hangin at the Animal cage...it's gonna be a blast. Any of you guys goin?

Lunatic001
02-07-08, 6:29 pm
I'm good guys thanks for asking. I'm just over 270 right now and my strength is goin up. I just added in a seventh meal and it seems to be doing the trick. I took the few months after the NAtionals to just train hard and eat well but not eat a ton of food. I like to let my body normalize and I don;t feel like it's a great idea to go from starving yourself to stuffing yourself. So last week I started eating more to grow and added the seventh meal. I'm training 5 days a week just like always and my split is the same. I've been getting a solid 9-10 hours of sleep each night and I think it really helps my recuperation. My back and legs feel like they're growing which is good. I really need to hammer my chest and legs this offseason and that's what I'm doin! Other than that stuff I'm just lookin forward to checkin out the Arnold and hangin at the Animal cage...it's gonna be a blast. Any of you guys goin?

Wow 270 and growing I bet...you'll probably hit the stage bigger and tighter...keep it up bro. About the Arnold not this year bro....with a wife and a baby girl, it's expensive to fly from Cali to the east, but definitely next year.....I am glad you're doing great bro...can't wait until you and House hit the stage....Keep lifting hard and smart....

Lunatic001

Renegade223
02-07-08, 6:46 pm
Other than that stuff I'm just lookin forward to checkin out the Arnold and hangin at the Animal cage...it's gonna be a blast. Any of you guys goin?

Sounds like the off season is going well.
Im glad to see you got away on a vacation too.
Im sure that was good and you were itching to get back into the gym.
Ill be at the Arnold on Saturday. Im looking forward to it forsure.

Renegade223.

REBORN1
02-07-08, 8:44 pm
Out of curiosity, what does a high fat/protein day while you're cutting for a show look like? What foods do you consider a staple during this time?

Here's what my diet looks like pre-contest:

Meal 1: 6 Whole eggs (Eggland's Best)

Meal 2: 1.5 scoops Universal Egg Protein, 1.5 Scoops Universal Specialized Protein for gaining lean Mass, 2 tbsp all natural peanut butter

Meal 3: 8 oz chicken, 2 cups green salad, 1/2 cup raw almonds

Meal 4: same as meal 2

Meal 5: 8 oz salmon, 2 cups green salad, 1tbsp olive oli

Meal 6: same as meals 2+4

ev- im a college kid, so i can cook the fish and chicken on the weekend but keepin the eggs is a little tough, would it be alright to make meal one the same as 2?

ROC1291
02-08-08, 11:28 am
Ox...
Need your opinion on pre-workout based powders.

Pump has really be slacking on me lately (either I haven't been taking it on an empty enough stomach or what) but I just don't feel it as of lately.

What do powders like Shock Therapy do to ketosis?
It has about 8g of Carbs, but they aren't from sugar or anything.

ROC1291
02-08-08, 7:33 pm
Ox...
Need your opinion on pre-workout based powders.

Pump has really be slacking on me lately (either I haven't been taking it on an empty enough stomach or what) but I just don't feel it as of lately.

What do powders like Shock Therapy do to ketosis?
It has about 8g of Carbs, but they aren't from sugar or anything.

Jesus, I keep forgetting to ask every question I have.
I was going to ask tomorrow but hopefully you'll be on tonight Ox.

Is M-STAK allowable for ketosis as a sub for pump?

smb
02-09-08, 1:29 pm
ox, on your pre contest diet i know you have 3 whole food meals, and 3 shakes. do you also consume a shake post workout or do you use one of your shake meals as your post workout shake thanxs.