PDA

View Full Version : Ox's Stable

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

Ox
03-31-08, 11:27 am
Sup ox. just picked up a copy of the MD mag and you've blown up like fuckin crazy dude... just awsome. Your back looks fuckin wikkid in those shots they have of you with the back training article.

One question though, how do you add width to your back? I am trying to add some size to my lats... I'll be honest, I cant do a single pulldown, but I will tear the shit out of the pulldowns. I heard that was the only way to add size...any other suggestions besides these two exercises? what rep ranges/number of sets do you recommend?

You can build a great back without pullups. You can use the assisted pullup machine, keep doing pulldowns and add bento over barbell rows. I think barbell rows (for width + thickness) and deads for thickness are the best things you can do.

BamBam
03-31-08, 9:34 pm
Hey OX! Been trying to catch up and read up about some things in here, mainly dieting..but a quick question for ya if you don't care to shed some light on it...

1.) I am doing a show in Sept...the one HOUSE is putting on...and I am wanting to do your diet (the one outlined on page 2 in here). But just wondering how long I should diet for? I am 21 weeks out, and thought about starting next week...BUT, I didnt know if thats too long to be doing Keto? Just needing some input from ya about when to start, how long, etc. etc. Any help is greatly appreciated. I'm going to WIN House's show...just need some help getting there!

Thanks man...and kick ass MD articles Ox...I mean damn...your back workout made me puke...so thanks for putting that in there! Now on to your arm day...

MassMan
03-31-08, 9:35 pm
Hey, Ox, saw you in the mags the other day and I was shocked!!! You fuckin blew up all over!!! Anyways I have a question about keto. I know you get a billion questions a say about it and I didn't want to read through 76 pages...

So, here goes, during a keto diet, what would be the best type of carbs post workout and how much for someone who weighs 250lbs? Thanks.

Pizzalamp
03-31-08, 9:55 pm
Hey Evan
Hope your training is going well

Every now and then I love to have smoked salmon-good quality stuff in the refrigerated case

Is it okay to eat smoked foods?I remember hearing something about Dave saying theyre not good to consume??

See you on Sat at Golds!

BamBam
03-31-08, 10:18 pm
One last thing...What type of proteins do you use...I know the egg protein and the "specialized protein for gaining lean mass" but what would that be?

I saw the egg protein that was aspartame free...whats the diff? Any?

Thanks again for the help Ox!

Convery
03-31-08, 10:41 pm
Dave-

I think that for the most part your gym teacher is right. What he's saying is not to use momentum and I agree with him. By going slow you not only are taking momentum out of the equation and recruiing more muscle fibers but you will also increase the time the muscle is under tension. Theoretically, if a slow set lasts one minute as opposed to a set lasting ten seconds, you're gonna fry the muscle that muscle more as well as tap into your cetral nervous system. In short, slow it down. Use the weights to work the muscle, don't use your muscles to work the weights.

okay thanks bro

Ox
03-31-08, 10:43 pm
Hey OX! Been trying to catch up and read up about some things in here, mainly dieting..but a quick question for ya if you don't care to shed some light on it...

1.) I am doing a show in Sept...the one HOUSE is putting on...and I am wanting to do your diet (the one outlined on page 2 in here). But just wondering how long I should diet for? I am 21 weeks out, and thought about starting next week...BUT, I didnt know if thats too long to be doing Keto? Just needing some input from ya about when to start, how long, etc. etc. Any help is greatly appreciated. I'm going to WIN House's show...just need some help getting there!

Thanks man...and kick ass MD articles Ox...I mean damn...your back workout made me puke...so thanks for putting that in there! Now on to your arm day...

It all depends on what you're starting with. I've dieted for 10 weeks and I've dieted for 16 weeks. I've also talked to people who were very out of shape and had to diet for 20 or more. It depends not only on how in or out of shape you are but also on how easy or hard it is for you to get IN shape. I would say that 15 weeks is avergae for most people. And I'm glad you like the MD articles bro...Thanks man. Good luck and if you have some more info for me maybe I can help you out more. Peace.

Ox
03-31-08, 10:44 pm
Hey, Ox, saw you in the mags the other day and I was shocked!!! You fuckin blew up all over!!! Anyways I have a question about keto. I know you get a billion questions a say about it and I didn't want to read through 76 pages...

So, here goes, during a keto diet, what would be the best type of carbs post workout and how much for someone who weighs 250lbs? Thanks.

During KETO there are no carbs ever...even PWO.

Ox
03-31-08, 10:45 pm
Hey Evan
Hope your training is going well

Every now and then I love to have smoked salmon-good quality stuff in the refrigerated case

Is it okay to eat smoked foods?I remember hearing something about Dave saying theyre not good to consume??

See you on Sat at Golds!

Personally, I don't like smoked foods....they make me feel sick. But I don't know if there's anything wrong with them. See you Saturday buddy.

Mizzarler
03-31-08, 10:46 pm
Everyones sayin to stay under 30 g of carbs a day, im prob gettin in around 40-50 from natty pb, shakes and greens, is this ok? ive been goin for about 5 weeks now,
thanks

BamBam
03-31-08, 10:47 pm
It all depends on what you're starting with. I've dieted for 10 weeks and I've dieted for 16 weeks. I've also talked to people who were very out of shape and had to diet for 20 or more. It depends not only on how in or out of shape you are but also on how easy or hard it is for you to get IN shape. I would say that 15 weeks is avergae for most people. And I'm glad you like the MD articles bro...Thanks man. Good luck and if you have some more info for me maybe I can help you out more. Peace.

Thank you very much man!!! This helps alot...Im going to shoot for 18 weeks just to make sure...I will def. keep you informed and come to you if I need anything! Thanks again..it means a lot bro!

In IRON,
Josh

Ox
03-31-08, 10:47 pm
...dont mean to spam Ox bro but another thought... I am 230 lbs with 12% bf (caliper tested) and went on the keto (your high fat/high protein diet) thing to lean up for the summer. I have never done keto before and I am into day 4 of it. I feel like shit, my lifts have gone down, I have headaches the size of china all the time, and I just feel slow and sleepy 24/7. Am I suppose to feel this on the first week or so? I am doing 310g protien and 140g fat. I have lost 2 lbs already. What am i doing wrong Ev?

So long as you are not eating any carbs you will be fine, your body just has to make the transition...give it a few more days. The 2 lbs you lost, and pretty much anything you lose in the first few weeks is predominantly water.

Pizzalamp
03-31-08, 10:48 pm
thanks evan

Ox
03-31-08, 10:48 pm
...dont mean to spam Ox bro but another thought... I am 230 lbs with 12% bf (caliper tested) and went on the keto (your high fat/high protein diet) thing to lean up for the summer. I have never done keto before and I am into day 4 of it. I feel like shit, my lifts have gone down, I have headaches the size of china all the time, and I just feel slow and sleepy 24/7. Am I suppose to feel this on the first week or so? I am doing 310g protien and 140g fat. I have lost 2 lbs already. What am i doing wrong Ev?

So long as you are not eating any carbs you will be fine, your body just has to make the transition...give it a few more days. The 2 lbs you lost, and pretty much anything you lose in the first few weeks is predominantly water. You can't lose or gain 2 lbs of muscle or fat in 4 days. You can however fluctuate 2 lbs of water.

Ox
03-31-08, 10:49 pm
yeah dude...carbs were down to like 20-30g and fat was way up. I bought these eggs (egglands) that are high in omega-3s...damn things have 4.5g of fat PER egg...fuckin awsome.

20-30g of carbs from what?

Ox
03-31-08, 10:50 pm
Yo ox, is it even possible to add lean muscle while on keto?? or am i crazy to do that in the off season.....

It would be a bad idea to do KEto in the offseason. Trust me, have some carbs.

krazyassmexican
03-31-08, 10:50 pm
hey ox
the boys on the diet are are discussin what are the consecuenses of ketosis all year around

i said you told me it could screw your metabolism
could you elaborate on that? please

Ox
03-31-08, 10:51 pm
ox what do you eat to carb up before the show and how much. also what do you eat right before prejudging as well as between prejudging and the night show

I carb up with white rice...usually 30g per meal. I don't have anything special before getting on stage. After having a meal I just throw in some rice cakes and PB periodically.

Ox
03-31-08, 10:52 pm
Hey man.. Just wanted to say congratulations for getting on the cover of MD

I read your articles about arm training.. They were badass..

Anyway.. Congrats again

Thanks bro...much appreciated.

Ox
03-31-08, 10:53 pm
ox i was just curious as to what your water intake is like lets say the last week leading up to a contest. Im hearing a ton of stuff of how to cut your water before the comp can you help me out here bro and also what do you do to carb up?

I drink about a gallon per day in the week leading up to the show and then eliminate it 12 hours prior to the show.

Ox
03-31-08, 10:54 pm
im going to start this diet very soon. I dont want to start the calories out too low right off the bat, do you think starting around 2,500 calories is a bad idea? i weigh in at around 200lbs and im guessing between 10-12% bodyfat.

Im going to start at 2,500, and then lower the calories down to hit my "cutting" amount.

2000 calories is plenty for you. I usually take in about 2500 when dieting and I'm considerably larger than you.

Ox
03-31-08, 10:55 pm
Hey Evan- me, you, and Mike D- Surf Club this summer- no excuses

Hahaha...we'll see.

born0withno0soul
04-01-08, 4:28 am
I carb up with white rice...usually 30g per meal. I don't have anything special before getting on stage. After having a meal I just throw in some rice cakes and PB periodically.

would you feel that 30 grams of carbs per meal would be too much for someone half your size?

Extreme
04-01-08, 7:50 am
Hey Ox,

Just wanted to drop a quick line and say job well done on the latest and greatest in the May issue of MD. You and House are reppin it strong. I will say that the pic of you with the chains around your neck, doing dips, in the arm training article looked awesome and intense! I've got the pic of Branch doing the same thing and both of you look insanely huge. Keep up the hard work. Can't wait to see what the future holds for you and The House both.

Enforcer
04-01-08, 8:29 am
Hahaha...we'll see.

We can introduce you to some nice Jersey skanks I mean girls

calcaneous
04-01-08, 9:13 am
2000 calories is plenty for you. I usually take in about 2500 when dieting and I'm considerably larger than you.

thanks man! by the way, i was walking by the magazine section on my local supermarket, and i usually spot by to look at the muscle mags and see if there is anything to pick up, and im not even joking when i say this, but you on the cover stuck out. The spread inside was amazing too. congrats on all the hard work.

WeeMan
04-01-08, 2:13 pm
hey Ox,
sorry just a quick question.
when doing dumbbell curls my wrists hurt like fuck and its so tempting to use my straps. should i just stop bein a pussy or just use my straps?

cheers ox

Lunatic001
04-01-08, 4:34 pm
Ox,

I posted in this thread a couple of pages back regarding dieting and that the keto diet is what I believe is best for me. You said that there is no transition just a change. So under your suggestion, here's a sample of my diet that I hope you can give me some input if you have the time. Also, how would you change a cutting keto into a bulking keto? I ran it through KAM and he had me change it a bit. Once Omega hits the market, I'll be adding that to the diet.

Stats: 246 lbs, 5'9", 21.2% BF (194 LBM)

Keto Diet (Cutting)
Meal 1: 4 whole eggs
Meal 2: 2 scoops Protein shake, 2 tbsp natty pb
Meal 3: 5 oz chicken breast, 2 cups of Spinach, 1/3 cup of Almonds
Meal 4: Same as Meal 2
Meal 5: 6 oz Tuna, 2 cups of Spinach
Meal 6: Same as Meal 2 and 4

Cals 2497; Protein 294g; Fat 123g; Carbs 52g (without deducting fiber)

Thanks,
Lunatic001

P.S. Your back workout in MD is a killer.....

MassMan
04-01-08, 4:55 pm
During KETO there are no carbs ever...even PWO.

Wow is all I can say....ZERO CARBS P/WO =O!!! Thanks. This is gonna be really hard.

RenegadeRows
04-01-08, 5:41 pm
Sup Ox, you made an awsome MD cover this month. Just a quick question, Im following your article diet (protien/fat) that pulambo put you on and have to know, did you loose any muscle mass at the end of your 16 weeks?

krazyassmexican
04-01-08, 7:57 pm
Wow is all I can say....ZERO CARBS P/WO =O!!! Thanks. This is gonna be really hard.

why?
you are you guys so afraid of "losing muscle"

damn you all want your 6pack for summer but you are all afraid to diet!

Reacher34
04-01-08, 8:23 pm
why?

Go easy on 'em, friend. I don't think he said he's afraid to diet, he just said that it would be hard to go zero carbs. I can appreciate what a big change it is if you are used to eating a lot of carbs.

Another thing you gotta remember: From what I understand, you started out as a big guy (correct me if I'm wrong) and used this diet to redefine yourself. You welcomed the change and the WEIGHT LOSS that comes with it. Other people might have started on the other end of the spectrum. When you start at 150 lbs and bust your ass for four years to get to 230 lbs, the last thing you want to do is see the scale drop. If you do Keto correctly, you won't lose any muscle, but it still may be a mind fuck.

Tough love has it's place, but I think you may have misunderstood MassMan's sentiment.

MassMan
04-01-08, 8:26 pm
why?

Krazy, I'm not afraid of diet. As a matter of fact, I have my abs year round (nowhere near the definition). My statement was that I'm used to using Torrent PWO and a transition to zero carbs sounds a little unreassuring, you hear? I'm not afraid of dieting by any means, but just dropping Torrent off at the curb will be difficult :(

krazyassmexican
04-01-08, 8:27 pm
Go easy on 'em, friend. I don't think he said he's afraid to diet, he just said that it would be hard to go zero carbs. I can appreciate what a big change it is if you are used to eating a lot of carbs.

Another thing you gotta remember: From what I understand, you started out as a big guy (correct me if I'm wrong) and used this diet to redefine yourself. You welcomed the change and the WEIGHT LOSS that comes with it. Other people might have started on the other end of the spectrum. When you start at 150 lbs and bust your ass for four years to get to 230 lbs, the last thing you want to do is see the scale drop. If you do Keto correctly, you won't lose any muscle, but it still may be a mind fuck.

Tough love has it's place, but I think you may have misunderstood MassMan's sentiment.

i wasnt bashing him i swear to G-d
it was something i wanted to say
cuz now days everybody wanna try ketosis but they all wanna eat carbs

and ox and everyone keeps explainin them why and they seem to not listen
but i wasnt bashin
massman is a cool boy and i got his back to the fullest

krazyassmexican
04-01-08, 8:27 pm
Krazy, I'm not afraid of diet. As a matter of fact, I have my abs year round (nowhere near the definition). My statement was that I'm used to using Torrent PWO and a transition to zero carbs sounds a little unreassuring, you hear? I'm not afraid of dieting by any means, but just dropping Torrent off at the curb will be difficult :(

read what i told reacher poppa ;)

MassMan
04-01-08, 8:29 pm

Yeah, it's not losing muscle, I'm so used to having Torrent or something like that for PWO. Just the way it is for me, cutting or not. I'm gonna try this keto out for wrestling season. I'm pretty content with where I'm at @ 10%bf....

MassMan
04-01-08, 8:30 pm
i wasnt bashing him i swear to G-d
it was something i wanted to say
cuz now days everybody wanna try ketosis but they all wanna eat carbs

and ox and everyone keeps explainin them why and they seem to not listen
but i wasnt bashin
massman is a cool boy and i got his back to the fullest

read what i told reacher poppa ;)

yeah, I know where you're coming from. I just did not want to read 76 pages of this thread.... Thanks.

calcaneous
04-01-08, 10:29 pm

I actually have two more questions

1.) i think you said somewhere, that in the off-season you just add a little bit of carbs per meal, is that correct? While keeping the fat/protein the same.

2.) would i keep the 2000 calories the same through off-season/bulk (for me) and add in like 25-35 carbs per meal?

krazyassmexican
04-01-08, 10:42 pm
I actually have two more questions

1.) i think you said somewhere, that in the off-season you just add a little bit of carbs per meal, is that correct? While keeping the fat/protein the same.

2.) would i keep the 2000 calories the same through off-season/bulk (for me) and add in like 25-35 carbs per meal?

from what i remember he said he eats the same ammount of carbs as protein
that means if you get 50grams of protein per meal you should get 50grams of carbs

TheNaturalTank
04-02-08, 1:02 am

Wow Evan, that's really low(2500). I'm 215 at 14%, what should I be dieting at calorie wise?

Ox
04-02-08, 3:16 pm
would you feel that 30 grams of carbs per meal would be too much for someone half your size?

Depends on what kind of shape you're in and your metabolism. It's possible it may not even be enough...

Ox
04-02-08, 3:17 pm
Hey Ox,

Just wanted to drop a quick line and say job well done on the latest and greatest in the May issue of MD. You and House are reppin it strong. I will say that the pic of you with the chains around your neck, doing dips, in the arm training article looked awesome and intense! I've got the pic of Branch doing the same thing and both of you look insanely huge. Keep up the hard work. Can't wait to see what the future holds for you and The House both.

Thanks bro I appreciate that. I was really happy with the pics too.

Ox
04-02-08, 3:19 pm
We can introduce you to some nice Jersey skanks I mean girls

C'mon man...I got a girlfriend.

Ox
04-02-08, 3:20 pm
thanks man! by the way, i was walking by the magazine section on my local supermarket, and i usually spot by to look at the muscle mags and see if there is anything to pick up, and im not even joking when i say this, but you on the cover stuck out. The spread inside was amazing too. congrats on all the hard work.

I felt like the cover almost had a sort of 3-d thing goin on but then again, i could be biased. But thank a lot buddy, that means a lot to me.

Mr. Dead
04-02-08, 3:21 pm
Just want to say thaks for puttin' your knowledge and experience out there for us. It's very much appreciated, and lookin' forward to seeing you tear it up in the pro ranks!

Ox
04-02-08, 3:21 pm
hey Ox,
sorry just a quick question.
when doing dumbbell curls my wrists hurt like fuck and its so tempting to use my straps. should i just stop bein a pussy or just use my straps?

cheers ox

If it means the difference between you doin em and not, then I say use em but I would try and work through it first. Maybe see a chiropractor and hey can help you out so you're not in so much pain.

krazyassmexican
04-02-08, 3:24 pm

tell em bro, tell em!

you are a gentleman evan!
respect ;)

Enforcer
04-02-08, 3:27 pm

Sorry bro had no idea. Relax there KAM

krazyassmexican
04-02-08, 3:28 pm

hahaha we are all playing G, trust me even thought i dont know punisher in person i learned a few leassons from him, and i am gonna buy the book he told me pretty soon LOL

WeeMan
04-02-08, 3:35 pm
If it means the difference between you doin em and not, then I say use em but I would try and work through it first. Maybe see a chiropractor and hey can help you out so you're not in so much pain.

thanks a lot evan. u got a competition coming up?

TheNaturalTank
04-02-08, 6:36 pm
Hey Evan, how's this diet look for cutting down? I'm 215 at 14-15% bodyfat. The milk in the shakes helps me meet my macro's. I would try your keto diet but i've got a bunch of containers of whey that have 2g of carbs and 1g of sugar per serving and I know that's not allowed. Anyway my protein is high enough I know, just wasn't sure about the carbs... total calories are 2000.

Meal 1
6 egg whites(160 cals)
2 packets oatmeal(320 cals)

Meal 2
1 scoop whey(110 cals)
500ml milk(260 cals)

Meal 3
6-8oz. Chicken or steak
180 calories

Meal 4
1 scoop whey(110 cals)
500ml milk(260 cals)

Meal 5
6-8oz. Chicken or steak
180 calories

Meal 6
1 scoop whey(110 cals)
500ml milk(260 cals)

jonnydunz
04-02-08, 8:45 pm
hey man its good to always stop by and read your post and the info that you give. once again i have to say that i am inspired by your passion and dedication to the life. continue to do well my brother and greater things will be happening for you in the near future.peace

Ox
04-03-08, 10:12 am
Just want to say thaks for puttin' your knowledge and experience out there for us. It's very much appreciated, and lookin' forward to seeing you tear it up in the pro ranks!

No problem at all...it's my pleasure.

Ox
04-03-08, 10:15 am

Nah man it's cool. A good friend of mine from Bayonne usuaully rents a shore house each summer. He rented in Belmar the past few years and my girl and I went down two summers ago right after I did the Jr. Nats and the beach was f*in great. I'm hoping he rents one this summer because I really like the shore. Even though I'll be full blown offseason in the middle of the summer...it's all good.

Ox
04-03-08, 10:16 am
thanks a lot evan. u got a competition coming up?

Not until '09. I've got my eye set on the NY Pro. Home sweet home.

naturalguy
04-03-08, 10:17 am
Just got the new MD, great article on arms. How did you like Metroflex?

Great piece on the ABC's in your column, thanks, your an integral part of the ABC's and your efforts are appreciated. See you Saturday.

Ox
04-03-08, 10:19 am
Hey Evan, how's this diet look for cutting down? I'm 215 at 14-15% bodyfat. The milk in the shakes helps me meet my macro's. I would try your keto diet but i've got a bunch of containers of whey that have 2g of carbs and 1g of sugar per serving and I know that's not allowed. Anyway my protein is high enough I know, just wasn't sure about the carbs... total calories are 2000.

Meal 1
6 egg whites(160 cals)
2 packets oatmeal(320 cals)

Meal 2
1 scoop whey(110 cals)
500ml milk(260 cals)

Meal 3
6-8oz. Chicken or steak
180 calories

Meal 4
1 scoop whey(110 cals)
500ml milk(260 cals)

Meal 5
6-8oz. Chicken or steak
180 calories

Meal 6
1 scoop whey(110 cals)
500ml milk(260 cals)

You'd basically be consuming protein and milk? I don't think this diet would work very well. Personally, I don't have much luck incorporating dairy while dieting and most people I know say the same. If you're afraid of the keto diet then you're going to need to add some more quality carbs to this and lose all that milk. And put in some green veggies too.

1samtheman1
04-03-08, 10:57 am
ox i clocked your photo you got a similar build to mine heavy shoulders big arms, anyway i just wanted to ask you, how would you recommend me movin from body building,and trying to focous on power lifting,ive been bodybuilding for a few months and seen some good gains,but iam bored and want to think about gaining some real mass, what kind of things do i need to be aiming for, also for example i will do deadlifts on a back day so what other moves would you incoperate into a workout for makeing big gains,
also cardio and warming up and down,

Lunatic001
04-03-08, 11:07 am
Ox,

I posted in this thread a couple of pages back regarding dieting and that the keto diet is what I believe is best for me. You said that there is no transition just a change. So under your suggestion, here's a sample of my diet that I hope you can give me some input if you have the time. Also, how would you change a cutting keto into a bulking keto? I ran it through KAM and he had me change it a bit. Once Omega hits the market, I'll be adding that to the diet.

Stats: 246 lbs, 5'9", 21.2% BF (194 LBM)

Keto Diet (Cutting)
Meal 1: 4 whole eggs
Meal 2: 2 scoops Protein shake, 2 tbsp natty pb
Meal 3: 5 oz chicken breast, 2 cups of Spinach, 1/3 cup of Almonds
Meal 4: Same as Meal 2
Meal 5: 6 oz Tuna, 2 cups of Spinach
Meal 6: Same as Meal 2 and 4

Cals 2497; Protein 294g; Fat 123g; Carbs 52g (without deducting fiber)

Thanks,
Lunatic001

P.S. Your back workout in MD is a killer.....

Ox,

If you have time can you review the above diet to see if I am on the right direction. Thank you for your time.

Lunatic001

TheNaturalTank
04-03-08, 2:52 pm
You'd basically be consuming protein and milk? I don't think this diet would work very well. Personally, I don't have much luck incorporating dairy while dieting and most people I know say the same. If you're afraid of the keto diet then you're going to need to add some more quality carbs to this and lose all that milk. And put in some green veggies too.

Alright, wasn't sure that's why I asked. Thanks.

Another question though... I WANT to do the keto diet but the whey I have has 2g of carbs per scoop and 1g of sugar... I've seen copy's of Palumbo's diet and it says that 8-10g of carbs would still keep me in ketosis so can I do keto with that or not? I'll buy some whey isolate if it's a serious problem but this would just save me alot of money since I bought whey awhile ago to stock up for shipping reasons.

Here's the diet i'd like to follow, how does it all look?

Meal 1
6 whole eggs

Meal 2
1.5 scoops whey
2 tbsp. natty peanut butter

Meal 3
6-8oz. Chicken breast
Green salad

Meal 4
1 scoop whey

Meal 5
6-8oz. Chicken breast
Green salad

Meal 6
1.5 scoops whey

WeeMan
04-03-08, 4:32 pm
Not until '09. I've got my eye set on the NY Pro. Home sweet home.

that is great! i wish i could go, it would be amazing to see you competing!

Brother Cain
04-03-08, 11:02 pm
I skimmed over the IFBB rule book, and maybe I missed it, but I didn't see anything about tats and being a pro? Though I've noticed a considerable lack of tats (at least big ones) on stage. Whats up with this? Do the judges ding you for em? I'm pretty heavily tatted so does that mean I'm ass out?

Ox
04-03-08, 11:09 pm
Alright, wasn't sure that's why I asked. Thanks.

Another question though... I WANT to do the keto diet but the whey I have has 2g of carbs per scoop and 1g of sugar... I've seen copy's of Palumbo's diet and it says that 8-10g of carbs would still keep me in ketosis so can I do keto with that or not? I'll buy some whey isolate if it's a serious problem but this would just save me alot of money since I bought whey awhile ago to stock up for shipping reasons.

Here's the diet i'd like to follow, how does it all look?

Meal 1
6 whole eggs

Meal 2
1.5 scoops whey

Meal 3
6-8oz. Chicken breast
Green salad

Meal 4
1 scoop whey

Meal 5
6-8oz. Chicken breast
Green salad

Meal 6
1.5 scoops whey

Much much better. Nah, don't worry about the protein. When it runs out try and find something with zero...no biggy. I like the diet...roll with it.

Lowdown5
04-03-08, 11:12 pm
Evan,

Reading your above post raises a question. If you were gonna do keto and your protein had 2g of carbs per scoop and you were gonna use 6 scoops a day it is OK to use until it runs out?

Ox
04-03-08, 11:13 pm
I skimmed over the IFBB rule book, and maybe I missed it, but I didn't see anything about tats and being a pro? Though I've noticed a considerable lack of tats (at least big ones) on stage. Whats up with this? Do the judges ding you for em? I'm pretty heavily tatted so does that mean I'm ass out?

A lot of the time when you get all tanned up you get so dark you almost can't even see the tats anymore. I like tats too and have come close before but at the end of the day you're talking about being judged on your image...everything counts in my opinion. Tattoos can only take away from symmetry and being able "see" everything with clarity. Let's say you had two guys with IDENTICAL physiques, conditioning, shape symmetry EVERYTHING IS THE SAME...shit, a better haircut and a nicer smile could be the deciding factor. I know we're talking crazy here but that's the rationale behind not a lot of guys having tats...they feel it can only detratc from their performance on a bodybuilding stage.

Ox
04-03-08, 11:14 pm
Evan,

Reading your above post raises a question. If you were gonna do keto and your protein had 2g of carbs per scoop and you were gonna use 6 scoops a day it is OK to use until it runs out?

It's not ideal but it will work.

Lowdown5
04-03-08, 11:15 pm
It's not ideal but it will work.

Thanks Evan. I know one of the guys at work was gonna do keto and asked me if his whey was ok, told him I didn't know. I will let him know what you said.

LWSniper14
04-03-08, 11:16 pm
Evan,

What foods do you prepare with healthy oils?

Also, I read in a past MD that you brought up your chest with methods like pre-exhaustion, etc. I was thinking that I could do something similar. I would alternate presses and flyes. So it would be press/flye/press/flye. I know this might hamper my strength on the 2nd press, but I figured if I just push through it and can improve in both areas: development and strength.

Also, do you use supersets in the offseason?

Brother Cain
04-03-08, 11:21 pm
OX thanks. First time I ever regretted getting em. But only a little..

TheNaturalTank
04-03-08, 11:23 pm
Much much better. Nah, don't worry about the protein. When it runs out try and find something with zero...no biggy. I like the diet...roll with it.

Thanks alot man, i'll come back in a few weeks and tell you how it's going.

Rhetoric
04-06-08, 5:57 pm
Hey Evan,

Haven't stopped by for a while, but it looks like this thread is still incredibly popular. I spoke to John "Lowdown5" a couple weeks back and he had nothing but good things to say about you after getting the chance to meet you at the Arnold. As always, congrats for bringing a healthy does of positivity to this sport...
Okay, so my question is somewhat outside of the norm. When I see all of these reality weight-loss shows on TV, I have a difficult time deciding if I think they are a positive thing or not. On one hand, I like the fact that they promote the idea of healthy living and working hard to achieve your goals, whether they be fitness-oriented or otherwise. However, I also think that they propagate a detrimental mindset in that these shows seem to instill the idea in the contestant's minds that if they aren't losing 10+ pounds a week that they aren't working hard enough. What are your thoughts? Are these shows a good thing or do they create unrealistic expectations in terms of "healthy" weight-loss?

born0withno0soul
04-07-08, 3:52 am
Hey ox, i was wondering if there were any footage of your posing routine at NPC Nationals. it would be great to see

ChandlerXJ
04-07-08, 7:42 am
Evan, I went to BODY WORLD this weekend when I stopped into Philly for my buddy's show. The owner Big Mike was asking about you and how your show went and how you were doing. You should send Mike an 8 x 10 and add it to their wall of fame, the legends on the wall of BODY WORLD are a bit out dated... haha. Hope all is well man, I'm 16 weeks out, still retaining all my size, shredding the fat, and feeling phenomenal. I practically forgot it was cheat meal day yesterday, carbs are the last thing on my mind - thinking about em' makes me sick.

Pizzalamp
04-07-08, 10:19 pm
Happy Birthday Evan!
Dont forget to take your fish oil with your birthday cake!

ps...i could never find the MD with you on the cover...and then at the bookstore tonight they had the issue with i think phil heath on it?? its like they skipped the one w/ u on it!! very annoying.

BamBam
04-07-08, 10:29 pm
Happy Birthday bro!

Great Article in the MD about Arms and the treck to Metroflex...awesome article and sick workout...Going to do that tomorrow!

How much cardio do you do when doing Keto? Just curious because I am starting the diet next week..

Rhetoric
04-07-08, 10:58 pm
Happy birthday big guy. Twenty-six and going strong... way to hold down for the '82 crew.

Lowdown5
04-07-08, 11:34 pm
Happy Birthday Evan!

Lunatic001
04-08-08, 1:26 am
Happy Birthday Evan!......

Phil800101
04-08-08, 3:01 am
Happy birthday Evan! Also, just wanted to wish you well on your trip to the FIBO. Take care, stay safe, and have an absolute blast!

MANABOLIC
04-08-08, 4:20 am
M.Stak and Pump should be taken 45 mins before training, can I take them together ? or do I have to take one of them only ?

krazyassmexican
04-08-08, 11:04 am
happy belated b day evan
just came to fish you a bad ass time at the fibo
i heard you are having a seminar, kick ass bro!

BigDaddy21
04-08-08, 11:34 am
was in my nutrition/supp shop the other day and its a cool little shop that is run by a guy who knows his stuff...neway he has a million posters on his desk behind him and on the counter and i saw the New England Pro, well idk if it said pro but it was a comp and u were on it and since i saw ya on it, i said oh shit evans on it outloud. and he was like...you know himmmm?! i was like uhhhh kinda not really but we talk haha ne way are u a guest poser there ev

IronWilson
04-08-08, 8:01 pm
Got a question...

I'm doing the Dave Palumbo diet with zero carbs and I had to eat a small cheat meal (consisting of less than 40 grams of carbs) when I had only been dieting for a week. I was the best man in a wedding, so it kind of would have been wrong not to, it's me that wants to do this and I shouldn't take it out on them.

Anyway, I've been on it (very consistently) for another week. Should I have a cheat meal this week or save it for next week?

Thanks in advance

MANABOLIC
04-09-08, 6:04 am
guys, I weigh 93 kgs, I heard that the body can't use more than 40-50 grams of protein per meal/shake and that any excess will overload your kidneys and go to waste. is this true ? what about the carbs ? sometimes I want to add some otameal to my weightgainer, but then I think it would be too much for one meal/shake. what do you guys think ?

InkdMuscle
04-09-08, 2:57 pm
guys, I weigh 93 kgs, I heard that the body can't use more than 40-50 grams of protein per meal/shake and that any excess will overload your kidneys and go to waste. is this true ? what about the carbs ? sometimes I want to add some otameal to my weightgainer, but then I think it would be too much for one meal/shake. what do you guys think ?

Hey bro dont know where u heard that. but everybodys body chemistry is different. Some can handle more some cant. I have asked a registered dietician when i was buying my protein the same question. and what he told me was that it was false. that we can handle as much protein as we can. but the work out routine and regimine that we are using will determine how its used. so if u hit the iron hard then ur body is going to need more then someone who just does it to stay fit vs. someone who is bulking. hope that helps.

GJN5002
04-09-08, 8:42 pm
Ox, Im currently doing a carb cycle, staying under 100 carbs a day for three straight days then load. I just started taking medium chain trigylcerides pre workout with 6 grams of bcaa. Ive read that the MCT's help to supply energy and arent digested and stored as fat the way other fats are...do you have any knowledge of this? Im also using 10 mg vanadyl sulfate upon waking and after workout, is there a more efficient way to do it or should i up my doses?
Also I just wanted to say Ive really enjoyed the articles featuring you in I think the last four muscular development..your physique is looking great man.

Prmlb9d3
04-10-08, 6:35 pm
Ox,
I read your whole thread and i think its great and you give very insightful answers.
Im 15 yrs old and i was a little stocky so i started cutting with the Keto diet at 195,im 170 right now and 8.5% bf.I just want to know if im on the right track with my meal plan and everything,heres my meal plan.
Meal 1-3 egg omlet
Meal 2-2 hardboiled eggs
Meal 3-8 oz Chicken w/2 tbsp. peanut butter
Meal 4-1 can of tuna w/2 tbsp. olive oil
Meal 5-8 oz. chicken or steak w/2 tbsp. peanut butter
80 g fat,180 g protein,16 g carb,and about 1700 calories daily
Supps-Animal Pak,Animal Nitro,fish oil 3x daily,flax oil 3x daily,Zero carb protien powder(i dont use it too much)
Is there anything i should change or am i on the right track?

jonnydunz
04-10-08, 8:16 pm
Ox,
I read your whole thread and i think its great and you give very insightful answers.
Im 15 yrs old and i was a little stocky so i started cutting with the Keto diet at 195,im 170 right now and 8.5% bf.I just want to know if im on the right track with my meal plan and everything,heres my meal plan.
Meal 1-3 egg omlet
Meal 2-2 hardboiled eggs
Supps-Animal Pak,Animal Nitro,fish oil 3x daily,flax oil 3x daily,Zero carb protien powder(i dont use it too much)
awesome work my fellow Animal. looking very good from where i am at. keep up the great work and see you at the top.peace

born0withno0soul
04-11-08, 4:20 pm
Hi ox, ive got a question that i would like your personal opinion. understand that i workout in the morning when i wake up, im on the keto, and my first meal is 2 scoops of iso whey and olive oil. here for the past couple of weeks i have been making my shake and packing it to the gym. i do 30-40 minutes on the treadmill, drink the shake, and then workout. do you think this will produce good results in both the weight loss and muscle maintenance? or should i drink my shake, workout, and then do cardio immediately after workout.

ROC1291
04-13-08, 6:39 pm
Ox,
What is your take on different proteins?
Recently I have been spending a gut-busting $10 per lb on Whey Isolate and was wondering what you use in terms of your main protein source for shakes.

Since Whey digests so fast, I usually slow it down with 2TBSP of Natty PB.

jmt92
04-13-08, 7:49 pm
awesome work my fellow Animal. looking very good from where i am at. keep up the great work and see you at the top.peace

x2 bro you got it down pat.Good to see a fellow young gun on here hope you keep it strong bro.

ROC1291
04-13-08, 8:06 pm
That kid must be pretty strong if he weighs 170 at 8% bf, is 15 years old and can squat 455 lbs on a keto diet.

jonnydunz
04-14-08, 4:13 am
That kid must be pretty strong if he weighs 170 at 8% bf, is 15 years old and can squat 455 lbs on a keto diet.

he must know what he is doing or at least someone else is helping him to ge to that level. i know that i was not squattin no 455lbs at 15. that is what is so powerful about this site. you have all kinds of inspiration from all age ranges. the true mark of an Animal.peace

D-Bomb
04-14-08, 11:35 am
glad i caught this thread, Good to have you here OX bit embarrassed to say, but it only hit me now who the man is behind the nickname and i must say Damn it's a privilege to have you on board!!, Reading up on your Ketogenic diet and thinking of running it for at least 4 months, by principle designed to my own nutritional needs but with the same guidelines etc. or as long as it takes to start seeing real definition in my quads and chest/back/traps/abs.

yeah, this is my subbed post haha.

*oh yeah and no one can really ever know if the kid mentioned above is as strong in reality as he says but who cares, it he is lying its his own problem, and if he is not then thats awesome and i hope he gets on WSM!!*

Universal Rep
04-14-08, 11:42 am
Yo Ox, wanted to give ya a shout from Corporate--expect the Animal Omega cans shortly.

D-Bomb
04-14-08, 12:17 pm
Yo Ox, wanted to give ya a shout from Corporate--expect the Animal Omega cans shortly.

and mine? D-Bomb needs his animal can's ;)

hehe

fireman9
04-14-08, 5:01 pm
I read on how you say you no longer let yourself get fat in the offseason. I know the term "fat" varies from person to person. That being said what does you bodyfat usually look like during this time?

Prmlb9d3
04-14-08, 5:20 pm

yea lol,my cuz helps me alot,hes been pumpin iron for 13 yrs nd he gives me all sorts of advice but i constantly read evrything i can to expand my knowledge of weightlifting.I love this site and the ppl on the forums cuz theyre hardcore like me and you dont hav to take crap from ppl sayin ''yur on steroids''wen they dont understand what nutritional supplements are,yu kno

Prmlb9d3
04-14-08, 5:28 pm
Ox,
I know you do a zero carb cyclic keto diet as do i,and i know it varies from person to person,but how many carbs do you think it would take to knock yourself out of ketosis?im not expecting an exact answer but in general.
thanks for your help

Brolic621
04-14-08, 9:58 pm
I wanna first say how new I am to all this. I also want to express how being able to ask questions of you and get honest, no bs answers, is worth its price in GOLD......very much appreciated!!!!
I'm 6'3. 267# with 22-20% BF currently and lift about 4-5 days a week with 30 min of cardio following each session. My goal is to lean out and get to about 12-15% BF. A working weight of about 245 would be ideal.
I take in about 2550-2900 calories a day w/ 250p/80f/220c. Can you give me some insight on what I would need to do in order to maintain and build muscle but lose fat and lean out.
I've been doing this for about 3 months. Suppliments I take are nitro, fish oil, ONwhey and casein at night, and about 3 g of BCAAs. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

J Wong
04-15-08, 10:34 pm
You've probably answered this already, but I'm not going to read through all of these pages, yet.
How often do you eat pre contest? Every 2 hours or 3?

SQUAT or DIE!
04-15-08, 10:51 pm
You've probably answered this already, but I'm not going to read through all of these pages, yet.

im pretty sure its 3, thats what im doin.. 2 would be hard as hell to fit in for me.. im eat 6 meals day every 3 hrs...

born0withno0soul
04-16-08, 3:32 am
im pretty sure its 3, thats what im doin.. 2 would be hard as hell to fit in for me.. im eat 6 meals day every 3 hrs...

well it would be true thats its hard for someone to eat every 2 hours but if the gossip is correct, ox quit his full-time job to be a full-time bodybuilder so little details like that would be possible

MANABOLIC
04-16-08, 7:14 am
Hey bro dont know where u heard that. but everybodys body chemistry is different. Some can handle more some cant. I have asked a registered dietician when i was buying my protein the same question. and what he told me was that it was false. that we can handle as much protein as we can. but the work out routine and regimine that we are using will determine how its used. so if u hit the iron hard then ur body is going to need more then someone who just does it to stay fit vs. someone who is bulking. hope that helps.

Dude, that's what I have been reading in muscle mags for years. anyways, I think 60 grams of protein every 3 hours would be plenty, right ? when I started BB 12 years ago, I was 70 kgs, now I am 93, planning on being 100 kgs by the end of this year. as I said before, I am a hardgainer, so I don't think I will add that much fat. anyways, lets just see how things go. later, dude.

FrontSight13
04-16-08, 8:46 am
Hey OX, first just like to thank ya’ll here for all the great info. You guys are an inspiration. I got a question on cardio. I am a MP. I love to hit the weights but still need the high intensity cardio plus long endurance for carrying a heavy ass kit plus my pack. What would be the best way to continue to gain size without losing it during PT and ruck marches? Any thought would be deeply appreciated. Thanks again.

simpleguy
04-16-08, 9:30 am
hey Ox, I know you're kinda busy and it seems like you got a lot of questions to answer in this thread... would appreciate if you can answer me though

I might do the keto in the near future... I don't live in US, so there are some things I don't have access to... here are my questions

1. whey isolates are very, very expensive in my country... here's a more decent product (price-wise) I found, let me know if it is good to go or it has too much carbs

per 40g: 33g protein, 3g carbs, 1.7g fat, 0 sugars

2. I know your diet is based around healthy fats, however, is it ok to have lean cuts of beef (e.g.: top sirloin) or not?

thanks...

SQUAT or DIE!
04-16-08, 11:49 am
well it would be true thats its hard for someone to eat every 2 hours but if the gossip is correct, ox quit his full-time job to be a full-time bodybuilder so little details like that would be possible

SICK!! if only we could all do that

kyderz
04-16-08, 4:16 pm
SICK!! if only we could all do that

ROFL.

I love my job, but I would drop the school part of my life :p

I absolutely HATE school, but I feel it is a necessary evil.

Plus, with my required classes I will learn a lot about the human body.

Could end up beneficial.

SQUAT or DIE!
04-16-08, 4:21 pm
ROFL.

I love my job, but I would drop the school part of my life :p

I absolutely HATE school, but I feel it is a necessary evil.

Plus, with my required classes I will learn a lot about the human body.

Could end up beneficial.

yes i agree its a necessary evil...

ooo it is very beneficial, Benjamin Pakulski of Canada, has double major, one is kineseology (spelling).. he said it has helped him alot..

Infinite Fury
04-17-08, 12:01 am
Ox man, I'm not sure what is the correct way of performing Hack Squats. Some say go down till your legs form a 90 degree angle and the others say to go all the way to the bottom. I prefer going perpendicular because it feels like i'm going to pop the acl in my knees when I go all the way. Of course I use appropriate weight when doing them also but I just need to know what is the correct and best way to perform them. I mean I don't want to sound like a pussy for not going all the way either, you say the word and it's done. Thanks

BamBam
04-17-08, 12:10 am
Here's what my diet looks like pre-contest:

Meal 1: 6 Whole eggs (Eggland's Best)

Meal 2: 1.5 scoops Universal Egg Protein, 1.5 Scoops Universal Specialized Protein for gaining lean Mass, 2 tbsp all natural peanut butter

Meal 3: 8 oz chicken, 2 cups green salad, 1/2 cup raw almonds

Meal 4: same as meal 2

Meal 5: 8 oz salmon, 2 cups green salad, 1tbsp olive oli

Meal 6: same as meals 2+4

Would it be ok to substitute broccoli for the green salad in meals 3 and 5 or should I stick with green salad?

ALSO...I know u cut water 12 hours b4 the show, but what do you eat the morning of the show? I know most people go nutty with the carbs sometimes to "fill out", but I didnt know what u would advise?

mk53220
04-17-08, 9:22 pm
Hey OX:

With the Keto diet there is no way to have fruits?? I love em!

Out of curiosity, what does a high fat/protein day while you're cutting for a show look like? What foods do you consider a staple during this time?

Meal 2: 1.5 scoops Universal Egg Protein, 1.5 Scoops Universal Specialized Protein for gaining lean Mass, 2 tbsp all natural peanut butter

krazyassmexican
04-18-08, 8:51 am
hey OX, i am gonna start cuttin again either sunday or monday

i know meals are rotative, but i truly hate plain eggs no matter what time i eat them, can i throw some more meat instead of eggs?
and have a shake for breakfast?

ChandlerXJ
04-18-08, 9:25 am

i know meals are rotative, but i truly hate plain eggs no matter what time i eat them, can i throw some more meat instead of eggs?

yes and yes

jonnydunz
04-18-08, 10:09 pm
hey OX just stopping by to say that i saw some videos of you on You Tube on MD.com and man i have to say that you are doing things the right way. your dedication shows in all that you do and i have to say thay you and Trey Brewer are going to shake up the world of BBing for a long time. Much success wishes your way again and i have your respect and will be following your career as well as many others for along time. peace.

mark_Lamb
04-20-08, 12:00 am
First off id like to thank you ox for your dieting tips and bodybuilding expertise. I did my first show today and I ended up winning my class(Juniors 20and under) It was a very close one lots of posedowns i thought i was going to die man lol but I stuck threw and got the W. Youve been a great help to me man and the whole animal crew as well I give thanks to all of you and all of the boys (house,big ant etc.) The ketosis diet was amazing I lost a total of 60lbs got down to 5% bf or so in only 16weeks and I didnt even start feeling like shit till 2 weeks out when I got rid of a lot of calories to cut more weight. Your a stand up guy man thanks for all of your advice. There should be some pics online in a few days if you wana check em out at nsabba.com(Nova Scotia Amater Bodybuilding association) My last name is Graham

Ox
04-22-08, 9:17 am

It averages out to be evry 3 hours.

Ox
04-22-08, 9:23 am
Hey OX, first just like to thank ya’ll here for all the great info. You guys are an inspiration. I got a question on cardio. I am a MP. I love to hit the weights but still need the high intensity cardio plus long endurance for carrying a heavy ass kit plus my pack. What would be the best way to continue to gain size without losing it during PT and ruck marches? Any thought would be deeply appreciated. Thanks again.

Since you HAVE to do this type of activity, all you can do is help reinforce yourself with a solid diet. I would make sure you get in plenty of quality protein. One thing I would really suggest is getting to know Animal Nitro. I use Nitro during training and cardio when I'm precontest and very depleted and it really holds my size. For you I would take at least one pak before and or during strenuous exercise. And as for gaining size make sure your fat intake is sufficient. EFAs will make a huge difference in your progress. You can piece togetehr a regimine or you can take Animal Omega which has everything you need right there. Protein and fat is very key for both gaining and maintiang size. And because you are doing so much cardio, don't shy away from the carb. But just make sure they're good ones like oatmeal and brown rice.

Ox
04-22-08, 9:24 am
hey Ox, I know you're kinda busy and it seems like you got a lot of questions to answer in this thread... would appreciate if you can answer me though

I might do the keto in the near future... I don't live in US, so there are some things I don't have access to... here are my questions

1. whey isolates are very, very expensive in my country... here's a more decent product (price-wise) I found, let me know if it is good to go or it has too much carbs

2. I know your diet is based around healthy fats, however, is it ok to have lean cuts of beef (e.g.: top sirloin) or not?

thanks...

Yes and Yes.

Ox
04-22-08, 9:27 am
Ox man, I'm not sure what is the correct way of performing Hack Squats. Some say go down till your legs form a 90 degree angle and the others say to go all the way to the bottom. I prefer going perpendicular because it feels like i'm going to pop the acl in my knees when I go all the way. Of course I use appropriate weight when doing them also but I just need to know what is the correct and best way to perform them. I mean I don't want to sound like a pussy for not going all the way either, you say the word and it's done. Thanks

I believe in a full range of motion for everything and when I squat I always go as far down as possible. Obviosuly, if you feel like you may injur yourself dont do it. However, make sure your feet are high enough on the platform and that your are pushing with your heels and NOT YOUR TOES. Most people push with their toes and consequently are using their knees and then complain that squats hurt their knees. If you do any squatting/presisng movement correctly, your knees shouldn't bother you. PUSH WITH YOUR HEELS!!!

Ox
04-22-08, 9:29 am
Would it be ok to substitute broccoli for the green salad in meals 3 and 5 or should I stick with green salad?

ALSO...I know u cut water 12 hours b4 the show, but what do you eat the morning of the show? I know most people go nutty with the carbs sometimes to "fill out", but I didnt know what u would advise?

You could. Moring of the show I just eat what I had been eating the two days prior to that. Carbs, Proteins and fats.

Ox
04-22-08, 9:30 am

Yes and yes. I usually do the same thing because sometimes I cant stand eggs!

Ox
04-22-08, 9:30 am
Hey OX:

With the Keto diet there is no way to have fruits?? I love em!

Out of curiosity, what does a high fat/protein day while you're cutting for a show look like? What foods do you consider a staple during this time?

You cannot have fruit.

Ox
04-22-08, 9:31 am
hey OX just stopping by to say that i saw some videos of you on You Tube on MD.com and man i have to say that you are doing things the right way. your dedication shows in all that you do and i have to say thay you and Trey Brewer are going to shake up the world of BBing for a long time. Much success wishes your way again and i have your respect and will be following your career as well as many others for along time. peace.

Hey man thanks a lot I appreciate that. Only time will tell.

Ox
04-22-08, 9:34 am
First off id like to thank you ox for your dieting tips and bodybuilding expertise. I did my first show today and I ended up winning my class(Juniors 20and under) It was a very close one lots of posedowns i thought i was going to die man lol but I stuck threw and got the W. Youve been a great help to me man and the whole animal crew as well I give thanks to all of you and all of the boys (house,big ant etc.) The ketosis diet was amazing I lost a total of 60lbs got down to 5% bf or so in only 16weeks and I didnt even start feeling like shit till 2 weeks out when I got rid of a lot of calories to cut more weight. Your a stand up guy man thanks for all of your advice. There should be some pics online in a few days if you wana check em out at nsabba.com(Nova Scotia Amater Bodybuilding association) My last name is Graham

DAMN bro...A HUGE CONGRATS to you. That is a tremendous accomplishment and you shoukd be extremely proud of yourself for that. Even if you did not will, to drop 60 lbs and get in that kind of shape is, in itself, an incredible achievment. The win is fuckin nice though! Congrats and make sure you post pics because I really wanna see em.

krazyassmexican
04-22-08, 9:39 am
Yes and yes. I usually do the same thing because sometimes I cant stand eggs!

thanks a lot brother evan i hope to do well one more time and then i will start dave's offseasson diet i hope i stay leaner like that

Achilles
04-22-08, 9:49 am
OX seeing you at Metroflex in columbus this year inspired me to want to get on stage and let my name be counted .. I looked on your website and seen how you came up and it gives me hope that I can raise up aswell. When I train calves or Back .. ah hell when I'm training anything I remember how great you looked at metro flex and even though I might not get as huge, I want to look just as good .. thanks for that

Prmlb9d3
04-22-08, 9:54 am
Ox,
Meal 1-3 egg omlet
Meal 2-2 hardboiled eggs
Supps-Animal Pak,Animal Nitro,fish oil 3x daily,flax oil 3x daily,Zero carb protien powder(i dont use it too much only PWO)
The other guys gave me some good feedback but i wanted to see what you think,thanks for your help

simpleguy
04-22-08, 10:25 am
let me know if it is good to go or it has too much carbs

Yes .

'yes' for good to go or 'yes' for too much carbs ?

BamBam
04-22-08, 2:11 pm
You could. Moring of the show I just eat what I had been eating the two days prior to that. Carbs, Proteins and fats.

Any ideas...I am 20 weeks out, so no rush lol. Just trying to get things lined up...Im kind of O.C.D. haha...But, I am going to follow your diet all the way til' I need to change it up. When do u begin to add the carbs in? Just curious and trying to get the KETO right...

jonnydunz
04-22-08, 10:30 pm
hey whats good OX, i have a question as well as it pertains to Keto. is this something that you can do all year round or do you do cycle this nutrition plan. when you are getting ready for a show do you add in carbs and how much. just trying to get things in line so that i do this the right way as i want to get in the best shape possible. i know that i read on BBing.com about the CKD, where the carbs are cycled at the end of the week. i have been thinking about competing for awhile. i am 37yrs old, and they good thing is that i don't look my age. i am a basketball player by nature and i love competition, so i am looking for something that will give me the challenge that i desire. anything that i do, i want to be very good at it. peace bro and keep up the awesome work.

Prmlb9d3
04-23-08, 12:11 am
hey whats good OX, i have a question as well as it pertains to Keto. is this something that you can do all year round or do you do cycle this nutrition plan. when you are getting ready for a show do you add in carbs and how much. just trying to get things in line so that i do this the right way as i want to get in the best shape possible. i know that i read on BBing.com about the CKD, where the carbs are cycled at the end of the week. i have been thinking about competing for awhile. i am 37yrs old, and they good thing is that i don't look my age. i am a basketball player by nature and i love competition, so i am looking for something that will give me the challenge that i desire. anything that i do, i want to be very good at it. peace bro and keep up the awesome work.

you shouldnt do the keto diet all year round cuz youre not getting sufficient vitamins and minerals even though you may take a multi like the Pak.I normally stick to a 40/40/20 split,40%protien,40%carbs and 20% fats unless im cutting.Then ill use a CKD with zero carbs,and if you stick to the diet all year round your crapper schedule will get messed up and yu wont be regular.Trust me i been there done that,no more than 5 months.
Also,most bodybuilders carb up before a show becuz otherwise their muscles may appear flat due to the lack of glycogen,im not sure exactly how much but im guessing 200g(just a guess im not exactly sure)

jonnydunz
04-23-08, 12:24 am
you shouldnt do the keto diet all year round cuz youre not getting sufficient vitamins and minerals even though you may take a multi like the Pak.I normally stick to a 40/40/20 split,40%protien,40%carbs and 20% fats unless im cutting.Then ill use a CKD with zero carbs,and if you stick to the diet all year round your crapper schedule will get messed up and yu wont be regular.Trust me i been there done that,no more than 5 months.
Also,most bodybuilders carb up before a show becuz otherwise their muscles may appear flat due to the lack of glycogen,im not sure exactly how much but im guessing 200g(just a guess im not exactly sure)

appreciate the info bro as i am looking to learn as much as possible. i see that you are doing some great thing in this lifestyle as well and i will be checking out your post from now on. you are very knowledgeable as well on this subject as well as many others i am sure. peace.

Rhetoric
04-23-08, 1:42 am
Hey Ox,
I've been trying to find the answer to this question in all the Animal Omega related threads but haven't seen anything on it... I know that fish oil is supposed to be cold processed and refrigerated at all times to avoid rancidity. I've had a hell of time finding too many places who actually keep it refrigerated and when I do, it's damn expensive. I'd much rather buy Omega since each serving has 4500 mg of Omega-3s and save the headache, but does the fact that it's not refrigerated impact the oil in this instance? Also, I know that you typically divide your doses of fish oil up into 3 servings, so what time of day would you recommend taking AO as it contains an entire day's worth in one shot? As always, thanks for the advice and glad to see you made it safely back to The States...

Lunatic001
04-23-08, 1:55 pm
Ox,

Just stopping by to see how your off season is going.....saw the pics from FIBO and the one with the car. Your getting bigger and bigger in each pic. About dieting, how often should one adjust the macros in the keto diet when losing or gaining wt each week? I couldn't find the answer. I mean gaining and losing becuase keto can be used while bulking or cutting. Also, the poster in flex is off the hook. Well keep up posted regarding your progress....

Thanks,
Lunatic001

dannynb
04-23-08, 3:18 pm
Hey Ox...much respect in how far you've come...I tip my hat to ya. I look forward to picking your brain with diet and show prep tips when the time comes....right now just focused on eating, training, and growing....The Lackland isn't till Nov so I have some more time to try and pack on a few more pounds.....

Ox
04-24-08, 9:10 am
OX seeing you at Metroflex in columbus this year inspired me to want to get on stage and let my name be counted .. I looked on your website and seen how you came up and it gives me hope that I can raise up aswell. When I train calves or Back .. ah hell when I'm training anything I remember how great you looked at metro flex and even though I might not get as huge, I want to look just as good .. thanks for that

Damn dude, I take that as such a huge compliment. Never doubt yourself or place limits on yourself. Some of the best bodybuilders in the game are guys who started off much less than perfect. You've gotta believe in yourself and visulaize what you wanna be. I wish you all the best. Pain is temporary. Pride is forever.

Ox
04-24-08, 9:12 am
Ox,
Meal 1-3 egg omlet
Meal 2-2 hardboiled eggs
Supps-Animal Pak,Animal Nitro,fish oil 3x daily,flax oil 3x daily,Zero carb protien powder(i dont use it too much only PWO)
The other guys gave me some good feedback but i wanted to see what you think,thanks for your help

Damn dude, that looks perfect. Just ride it out and once you stop dropping weight, bump up your cardio. At some point you may need to drop some fats but it's better to do more cardio and be able to keep the food in your diet because your overall metabolism will be higher. I think your spot on.

Ox
04-24-08, 9:12 am
'yes' for good to go or 'yes' for too much carbs ?

If that's all you can get then good to go.

Ox
04-24-08, 9:14 am

You just cycle it. You NEED carbs to grow. Besides, doing keto nonstop would be unhealthy. As for adding carbs, it dpeends on how full I am, how lean I am etc etc. There are too many variable for me to say.

Ox
04-24-08, 9:18 am
Hey Ox,
I've been trying to find the answer to this question in all the Animal Omega related threads but haven't seen anything on it... I know that fish oil is supposed to be cold processed and refrigerated at all times to avoid rancidity. I've had a hell of time finding too many places who actually keep it refrigerated and when I do, it's damn expensive. I'd much rather buy Omega since each serving has 4500 mg of Omega-3s and save the headache, but does the fact that it's not refrigerated impact the oil in this instance? Also, I know that you typically divide your doses of fish oil up into 3 servings, so what time of day would you recommend taking AO as it contains an entire day's worth in one shot? As always, thanks for the advice and glad to see you made it safely back to The States...

With fish oil, refirgeration is not so much an issue. Light and oxygen (oxygen= OXIDIZED= rancidity) are the main culprits in regard to rancidity. So long as the oil is in a sealed gellcap and kept out of light, you're fine. I have been using my AO twice daily. Once in the am and once in the pm. I would go with the AO...it takes a lot of guesswork out of it and it's a fuckin' dynamite product. Good luck. Peace.

Ox
04-24-08, 9:22 am
Ox,

Just stopping by to see how your off season is going.....saw the pics from FIBO and the one with the car. Your getting bigger and bigger in each pic. About dieting, how often should one adjust the macros in the keto diet when losing or gaining wt each week? I couldn't find the answer. I mean gaining and losing becuase keto can be used while bulking or cutting. Also, the poster in flex is off the hook. Well keep up posted regarding your progress....

Thanks,
Lunatic001

That's it! I'm goin out today and buyin the new Flex so I can see this poster! Everyone has seen it except for me dammit!
Keto cannot be used while bulking and should only be used for dieting. While dieting, macros should be adjusted as needed. If you stop getting leaner/or stop dropping weight then they may need to be adjusted. But usually cardio is adjusted first and taking food out is a last resort as that will slow down your metabolism.

French57
04-24-08, 10:37 am
First, I want to say how truly honored I am to have this opportunity to talk to you. I am pretty new to the site and to this lifestyle but, I have already learned a ton from your posts. Thank you for taking the time to help all of us out.

Hope your training is going well. Good luck in 08

Maharg
04-24-08, 10:53 am
Hey Goliath, i was just curious, can you give us a bit of a back story about the reasons for these pics? http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=17250

Lunatic001
04-24-08, 10:59 am
That's it! I'm goin out today and buyin the new Flex so I can see this poster! Everyone has seen it except for me dammit!
Keto cannot be used while bulking and should only be used for dieting. While dieting, macros should be adjusted as needed. If you stop getting leaner/or stop dropping weight then they may need to be adjusted. But usually cardio is adjusted first and taking food out is a last resort as that will slow down your metabolism.

Hope you find that poster, they are disappearing like pancakes. Keto for dieting only got it bro. I'll adjust the cardio when I get no drop in weight or leaner. Thanks for the help and that poster is in my wall of motivation bro....

Thanks,
Lunatic001

jonnydunz
04-24-08, 10:20 pm
have not seen the poster yet but i will when i order my can of Flex. is this suppose to be a picture of you or is it someone else in the Animal family. peace.

Maharg
04-24-08, 10:30 pm
have not seen the poster yet but i will when i order my can of Flex. is this suppose to be a picture of you or is it someone else in the Animal family. peace.

Its Ox, Wrath, House, all standing around. I havent seen it either, but dammit i want too.

jonnydunz
04-24-08, 10:37 pm
Its Ox, Wrath, House, all standing around. I havent seen it either, but dammit i want too.

oh ok i am looking forward to see these big dudes reppin the Animal. makes me even hungrier to workout that much harder when you see our pro doing it big. thanks for the info.peace.

Joseb
04-24-08, 10:39 pm

bro. its not in animal FLEX.. its in FLEX magazine. I can see how you can get confused.

jonnydunz
04-25-08, 4:30 am
bro. its not in animal FLEX.. its in FLEX magazine. I can see how you can get confused.

ok got it my man thanks for straighting that out for me.peace.

BamBam
04-25-08, 9:53 am

Let us know what you think of the poster..That thing is pure motivation...and I wanna know....WHAT THE HELL IS IN YOUR GYM BAG!?!? (on the poster)

Wild Cat
04-25-08, 2:23 pm
Hey Ox I have a question concerning testosterone boosters. Are they worth the money and worth the squeeze for the juice your getting out of them. I know that there not miracle powderes, but I have researched the subject and read that although they don't produce any significant or substantial testosterone productions any greater than normal. They do elicit a small but positive testosterone response. But mainly they block certain recepters so more testosterone is used for anabolic reason rather than other bio phyisiological reasons. These products are blockers rather than producers and can indulge a postive growth response.

So basically your using more of what your already naturally producing. I'm making good gains and stick to bulk food for growth and I'm not looking for substitues but a possible addition. What's your take on the cake...mixed with a good diet and training program are these supplements worth the time and price?

Sincerely, Wild Cat

Ox
04-27-08, 10:59 am
First, I want to say how truly honored I am to have this opportunity to talk to you. I am pretty new to the site and to this lifestyle but, I have already learned a ton from your posts. Thank you for taking the time to help all of us out.

Hope your training is going well. Good luck in 08

Thanks man...I'm honored to be here.

Ox
04-27-08, 11:00 am
Hey Goliath, i was just curious, can you give us a bit of a back story about the reasons for these pics? http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=17250

Hahaha...a buddy of mine was driving by a car lot and they has Smart cars for rent and he thought it was funny as hell so he rented it for a few days. He came and picked me up and we drove around in it actin' stupid and rippin' the e-brake. It was the funniest shit. People look at you and then just start laughing.

Ox
04-27-08, 11:02 am
Let us know what you think of the poster..That thing is pure motivation...and I wanna know....WHAT THE HELL IS IN YOUR GYM BAG!?!? (on the poster)

The poster is cool shit. I pinned it up in the gym. The gym bag contains peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. :)

Pizzalamp
04-27-08, 11:03 am
Hey Evan,
Hope youre well
For the keto diet and fiber supplements, I dont want to take sugar free metamucil because it has aspartime in it...do you have any advice on a good fiber supp for the diet?

Thanks!

lycan_warlord
04-27-08, 11:05 am
hey ox, saw the interview of you @ FIBO 2008. and I bought the new FLEX mag so i could get the poster of you WRATH and HOUSE on the same poster as Arnold. That's about as good of a compliment as one can get. I've got it up, I'll take some pics with it. Congrats on everything and i'm sure when you make your Pro debut, you'll rock the world.

Rock on Ox.

-lycan

Ox
04-27-08, 11:08 am
Hey Ox I have a question concerning testosterone boosters. Are they worth the money and worth the squeeze for the juice your getting out of them. I know that there not miracle powderes, but I have researched the subject and read that although they don't produce any significant or substantial testosterone productions any greater than normal. They do elicit a small but positive testosterone response. But mainly they block certain recepters so more testosterone is used for anabolic reason rather than other bio phyisiological reasons. These products are blockers rather than producers and can indulge a postive growth response.

So basically your using more of what your already naturally producing. I'm making good gains and stick to bulk food for growth and I'm not looking for substitues but a possible addition. What's your take on the cake...mixed with a good diet and training program are these supplements worth the time and price?

Sincerely, Wild Cat

Some test boosters are serious shit. I don't know excatly how much they will increase your test levels etc but from what I hear a couple of em, Animal Test included, are enouigh to make you flunk a piss test. So whether they are actually making you release more test or freeing up the test that is already in your system but "bound" it's really the same difference. It all equates to more free testosterone and there's no doubt that will have a positive effect on strength, protein synthesis, and body composition. So long as you're training and diet are on point then I would say that a test booster is a great idea (so long as you're over 18!) The only reason I mention Animal Test is because I know pople who have tried it and said it's no bullshit.

Ox
04-27-08, 11:09 am
Hey Evan,
Hope youre well
For the keto diet and fiber supplements, I dont want to take sugar free metamucil because it has aspartime in it...do you have any advice on a good fiber supp for the diet?

Thanks!

Maybe there's an unflavored one? I'm not sure. You should be able to find an unflavored psyllium fiber.

Ox
04-27-08, 11:10 am
hey ox, saw the interview of you @ FIBO 2008. and I bought the new FLEX mag so i could get the poster of you WRATH and HOUSE on the same poster as Arnold. That's about as good of a compliment as one can get. I've got it up, I'll take some pics with it. Congrats on everything and i'm sure when you make your Pro debut, you'll rock the world.

Rock on Ox.

-lycan

Thanks bro...much appreciated!

Pizzalamp
04-27-08, 11:11 am
Maybe there's an unflavored one? I'm not sure. You should be able to find an unflavored psyllium fiber.

ah ok...i saw the unflav psy fiber...i will get it..thanks!

Prmlb9d3
04-27-08, 1:10 pm
Ox,
What do you do for bulking in the off season?What does your diet look like?

Wild Cat
04-27-08, 4:43 pm
Thanks Ox for answering my question I appreciate the help and sincerely value your advice.

-Wild Cat

Tork
04-28-08, 12:29 am
I have a question I don't know the answer too. I tried to find it, but maybe I just didn't type in the right search.

When I am trying to balance my diet for a cut, my percentages are based on what? My total days calories? I am not sure how to figure out my total protien, carbs, and fat percentage? I mean, I have done well so far, but I have kind of hit a plateu. I have lost no more weight or inches. I am not sure what to do. I cardio almost everyday. I do atleast 30 mins on the average, sometimes as much as 45.

I figured out that when I added torrent to my stak, it made me gain 2 lbs over the last week, because of the carbs, so I am cutting it out. Here is what my Stak looks like. Pak, Flex, Omega, Nitro, Shock Therapy, Cuts 30 mins prior to workout, Storm and Nitro during, Animal Max and 1/2 cup of oats 15-30 mins later. I take my cuts about 4 or 5 hours after the workout.

I really didn't know how to do all the balancing when I started this cut about 2 months ago. I had almost cut my carbs down to 2 slices of bread a day and then I started to get nose bleeds and shit and I figured out I needed a little more carbs, so I uped it to 4 servings a day. I am good like this now. But I am still doing 200g of protien, I am 202, but I don't know how to account for the carbs and fat. I just started eating Natty PB and Cottage cheese before I go to bed as a night time shake and 6 eggs on the average when I wake up. I cook em overhard and don't eat the yoke. But all this brings me too is, I am not sure what my percentages should be and how to account for it. Should I be doin 40 protein, 40 carbs, and 20 fat? or 50 30 20? or 60 20 20? and what do I base it off of?

I have learned alot over the last few weeks and reading up every thread on the diet part of the forvm, but I still need this little bit of help. Everyone seems to mention you in the diet forvm as the guy to ask about the diets, so I thought I would bring it to you. Thanks so much in advance....

[FreaK] of [NatuRe]
04-28-08, 7:10 pm
Yo Ox. I have a question concering cardio (ugh). But, i was reading, that well, of course when we are trying to gain mass and our lifts, we usually try to recruit more motor nerve units so that we have fast twitch muscles. which in turn make our muscles, bigger, stronger, fuller. BUt then also, like with legs. When we do cardio for a long time, we're doing just the opposite of that and recruiting more of the "slow twitch" motor units for endurance.. Is there like a happy medium? I was always curious about this, what's the most you could say you could do for cardio without drastically fuckin up your legs or motor nerve recruitment for strength? Kinda confusing. thanks so much.

Ox
04-28-08, 9:51 pm
Ox,
What do you do for bulking in the off season?What does your diet look like?

In the offseason, it's my precontest diet + 50g of carbs per meal. Once I plateu, I add another meal.

Ox
04-28-08, 9:57 pm
I have a question I don't know the answer too. I tried to find it, but maybe I just didn't type in the right search.

When I am trying to balance my diet for a cut, my percentages are based on what? My total days calories? I am not sure how to figure out my total protien, carbs, and fat percentage? I mean, I have done well so far, but I have kind of hit a plateu. I have lost no more weight or inches. I am not sure what to do. I cardio almost everyday. I do atleast 30 mins on the average, sometimes as much as 45.

I figured out that when I added torrent to my stak, it made me gain 2 lbs over the last week, because of the carbs, so I am cutting it out. Here is what my Stak looks like. Pak, Flex, Omega, Nitro, Shock Therapy, Cuts 30 mins prior to workout, Storm and Nitro during, Animal Max and 1/2 cup of oats 15-30 mins later. I take my cuts about 4 or 5 hours after the workout.

I really didn't know how to do all the balancing when I started this cut about 2 months ago. I had almost cut my carbs down to 2 slices of bread a day and then I started to get nose bleeds and shit and I figured out I needed a little more carbs, so I uped it to 4 servings a day. I am good like this now. But I am still doing 200g of protien, I am 202, but I don't know how to account for the carbs and fat. I just started eating Natty PB and Cottage cheese before I go to bed as a night time shake and 6 eggs on the average when I wake up. I cook em overhard and don't eat the yoke. But all this brings me too is, I am not sure what my percentages should be and how to account for it. Should I be doin 40 protein, 40 carbs, and 20 fat? or 50 30 20? or 60 20 20? and what do I base it off of?

I have learned alot over the last few weeks and reading up every thread on the diet part of the forvm, but I still need this little bit of help. Everyone seems to mention you in the diet forvm as the guy to ask about the diets, so I thought I would bring it to you. Thanks so much in advance....

It depends on what kind of diet you're doing. I follow a no carb diet and do a one to one protein to fat calorie ratio. So if you eat 200g of protein you would take in 88g of fat. You felt like shit when you dropped your carbs to one slice of bread daily 1. because it was bread and 2. because you kept your brain thinking it should rely on carbs for fuel and all you had to run off was that one piece of bread so your brain ran out of fuel and you felt like shit. For the last time: A LOW CARB DIET IS SOOOO MUCH HARDER THAN A NO CARB DIET! TRUST ME WHEN I SAY IT. Go no carb and you FORCE your body and brain to run off of fats and you never run out so you never feel shitty! Even if you run out of dietary fat then your body resorts to bodyfat...it's so easy and so painless.

Ox
04-28-08, 9:59 pm
of [NatuRe];375023']Yo Ox. I have a question concering cardio (ugh). But, i was reading, that well, of course when we are trying to gain mass and our lifts, we usually try to recruit more motor nerve units so that we have fast twitch muscles. which in turn make our muscles, bigger, stronger, fuller. BUt then also, like with legs. When we do cardio for a long time, we're doing just the opposite of that and recruiting more of the "slow twitch" motor units for endurance.. Is there like a happy medium? I was always curious about this, what's the most you could say you could do for cardio without drastically fuckin up your legs or motor nerve recruitment for strength? Kinda confusing. thanks so much.

Easy...depends on what kind of cardio you do. Bring your heart rate over 140 for a prolonged period of time and you're fucked. Keep it just above 120 and you're fine. But then again, nothing says you can't develop bith tyoes of fibers. It's not like one works against the other. You'll just have strentgh AND endurance. Nothing wrong with that.

pmug0000
04-28-08, 10:58 pm
Sup Ox, hope life is treating you well.
I've got a question that your probably the best to answer. I just won the Ox Promo (best one yet, that Nitro/Omega combo is fuckin sweet) but I also just started taking Natural Sterol Complex, which has Arachidonic Acid. I've heard that AA and EFA's do not mix well. Do you think I should stop taking NSC altogether, or would I be fine if I just spaced them out by a few hours?

My plan would be:
1 Animal Omega at 10:30am
3 NSC 12:30pm
3 NSC 5:00pm
1 Animal Omega 1:30am

Does that look o.k.? The reason I am taking 2 packs of Omega is because I saw in one of your posts that people who have not been supplementing very much with EFAs (like myself) should start out with two packs a day. Do you think maybe I should stick with one? Or do you have any other recommendations?
Thanks for any feedback you've got, and I wish you the best.

In Flames
04-29-08, 11:35 am
Ox, do you always work each body-part only once per week? If so, how much volume do you lift for each body-part?

Thanks bro.

simpleguy
04-29-08, 12:41 pm
hey Ox, hope you don't mind I ask you this, but I heard numerous times that the best (and only) way to do cardio on a keto is low-intensity... Dave also suggests doing it with your heart rate around 130 if I'm not wrong

now, as a fellow animal, please explain me a bit why... if needed, tell me from a scientifical point of view, I will understand... thanks

[FreaK] of [NatuRe]
04-29-08, 3:23 pm
Easy...depends on what kind of cardio you do. Bring your heart rate over 140 for a prolonged period of time and you're fucked. Keep it just above 120 and you're fine. But then again, nothing says you can't develop bith tyoes of fibers. It's not like one works against the other. You'll just have strentgh AND endurance. Nothing wrong with that.

Yo Ox I appreciate it. Thanks for the heads up!

Ox
04-30-08, 10:10 am
Sup Ox, hope life is treating you well.
I've got a question that your probably the best to answer. I just won the Ox Promo (best one yet, that Nitro/Omega combo is fuckin sweet) but I also just started taking Natural Sterol Complex, which has Arachidonic Acid. I've heard that AA and EFA's do not mix well. Do you think I should stop taking NSC altogether, or would I be fine if I just spaced them out by a few hours?

My plan would be:
1 Animal Omega at 10:30am
3 NSC 12:30pm
3 NSC 5:00pm
1 Animal Omega 1:30am

Does that look o.k.? The reason I am taking 2 packs of Omega is because I saw in one of your posts that people who have not been supplementing very much with EFAs (like myself) should start out with two packs a day. Do you think maybe I should stick with one? Or do you have any other recommendations?
Thanks for any feedback you've got, and I wish you the best.

Congrats on winnin' the contest! Definitely is a sweet combo. I wouldn't worry about using both at the same time. The concern is that AA promotes inflammation while omega-3s reduce it....one would worry that they'd be working against each other. Not to worry. Animal Omega is already balanced with the rigth amounts of Omega-6 so in essence, it neither promotes or inhibits inflamation...you could say it's neutral. That being said, the NSC will do it's job just fine on top of the Animal Omega. The dosing schedule you have down is perfect. I would do 2 paks of the Omega the first week and then go down to one per day if you're tryin to make it last.

Ox
04-30-08, 10:12 am
Ox, do you always work each body-part only once per week? If so, how much volume do you lift for each body-part?

Thanks bro.

Always once per week. I have always done high volume (usually around 20 sets per body part) but I'm starting to cut it back. When I was smaller I could do more volume and recuperate fine. Now that I'm getting bigger I find it's much easier to overtrain. On the same note, I find that my mind muscle connection and ability to recruit muscle fibers is much greater now than when I was starting out and as a result, I don't need to do as much to stimulate the muscle.I may cut back to 12 sets per body part and continue to hit each once per week.

Ox
04-30-08, 10:15 am
hey Ox, hope you don't mind I ask you this, but I heard numerous times that the best (and only) way to do cardio on a keto is low-intensity... Dave also suggests doing it with your heart rate around 130 if I'm not wrong

now, as a fellow animal, please explain me a bit why... if needed, tell me from a scientifical point of view, I will understand... thanks

When you are on a keto diet your main energy source (HOPEFULLY!) is fat. When you do high intensity cardio your body cannot oxidize fat quickly enough for you to burn as fuel. Instead, it's actually easier to burn protein for energy and your body will burn muscle before it burns fat. So unless you want to burn muscle for energy, keep the intensity low!

Brutus_515
04-30-08, 10:26 am
Ox,

Whats up big man just wanted to get alittle more advice on the "loading" of omega I am one of the winners of the promo....alittle back ground how i will be taking it (any advice would be great)

I am 3 weeks into my 22 weeks contest diet (No i am not doing keto just low carbs right now)... I have been taking in alot of regualar EFA in Omega cage free eggs, Omega natty PB and flax seed oils, I eat fish for all my meal right now. as for Nitro I loved it but it got alittle pricey with all the other food and protien sources and having a kid on the way in july so I had to put nitro on the back burner...(THANK GOD I WON THIS THING lol)...anyhow...I take EAA stack right after training and before cardio then follow it up with specialized protien. and 4 liver tabs with my shakes (not my whole food meals)

So with the amount of EFA's and EAA's i take in daily would I need to double up the omega for the first week or just pop 1 a day?

Thanks dude

Oh and hope your not a Pats fan cause the steelers are gunna smoke them in week 13 (11/30) this comming season!..lol

pmug0000
04-30-08, 10:41 am
Congrats on winnin' the contest! Definitely is a sweet combo. I wouldn't worry about using both at the same time. The concern is that AA promotes inflammation while omega-3s reduce it....one would worry that they'd be working against each other. Not to worry. Animal Omega is already balanced with the rigth amounts of Omega-6 so in essence, it neither promotes or inhibits inflamation...you could say it's neutral. That being said, the NSC will do it's job just fine on top of the Animal Omega. The dosing schedule you have down is perfect. I would do 2 paks of the Omega the first week and then go down to one per day if you're tryin to make it last.

Damn, the more I learn about Animal Omega the better it gets! Thanks for the info and the advice.
Take care bro.

joelast
04-30-08, 9:18 pm
Yo Ox, quick question. I'm pretty sure i've read you talking about Sesamin around the FORVM. How much would you recommend I take per day If I'm 6' 205? would this amount change on a cut or on a bulk? Thanks bro.

Ox
05-01-08, 10:13 am
Ox,

Whats up big man just wanted to get alittle more advice on the "loading" of omega I am one of the winners of the promo....alittle back ground how i will be taking it (any advice would be great)

I am 3 weeks into my 22 weeks contest diet (No i am not doing keto just low carbs right now)... I have been taking in alot of regualar EFA in Omega cage free eggs, Omega natty PB and flax seed oils, I eat fish for all my meal right now. as for Nitro I loved it but it got alittle pricey with all the other food and protien sources and having a kid on the way in july so I had to put nitro on the back burner...(THANK GOD I WON THIS THING lol)...anyhow...I take EAA stack right after training and before cardio then follow it up with specialized protien. and 4 liver tabs with my shakes (not my whole food meals)

So with the amount of EFA's and EAA's i take in daily would I need to double up the omega for the first week or just pop 1 a day?

Thanks dude

Oh and hope your not a Pats fan cause the steelers are gunna smoke them in week 13 (11/30) this comming season!..lol

First off, congrats on winning the promo but more importantly, congrats on the soon to be fatherhood. That's great. As for the omegas, seeing that you've already been getting in quite a bit of it, one pak a day will suffice. My buddy is a die hard steelers and pirates fan. Me, I never follow sports. But if my friends are watching a game, I'll watch.

Brutus_515
05-01-08, 10:26 am
First off, congrats on winning the promo but more importantly, congrats on the soon to be fatherhood. That's great. As for the omegas, seeing that you've already been getting in quite a bit of it, one pak a day will suffice. My buddy is a die hard steelers and pirates fan. Me, I never follow sports. But if my friends are watching a game, I'll watch.

Thanks dude means alot...little scary but isnt anything that is new and life changing....haha

so how are you doing.... what your about 53 weeks out of the 09 NY pro?....keep get huge man!

later

WeeMan
05-02-08, 10:33 am
hey i just wanted to see if anyone say that article on Evan in last months MuscleMag.

i quote - "Evan has Olympia potential written all over him". awsome

Surv
05-02-08, 3:23 pm
Hey Ox, Salute

This is Surv 19 male 171 pounds 5 feet 7 " been weight lifting hardcore for 3 months covering one major muscle group once per week going to the gym five times . I eat 5-6 meals per say all clean meals that is to say low carb and low fat. Supplements include:-
Animal pak
Animal pump
Salmon oil changing this to Animal Omega soonish.
Protein shake
Superior Amino acids 2222

after these 3 months i noticed increased upper body muscle but my lower body fat didn't change "same waist size " .

I have a strange body sorta of I'm Lean/Muscular in the upper and a bit fat at my lower kinda close to a female's lower .Regarding cardio I just do 10 min warm-ups before training thats it.

now my question is ---->

What would you recommend me to do should I try to lose weight so my body can be symmetrical and then start gaining or should I just try to bulk up or something else?
that is to say what training/diet should i follow?

Thanks for your time sorry for all the long talk .....

Peace

BigAnt
05-02-08, 5:35 pm
Ox;

Just dropping in to see how are things going?

Hope to see you at the NY Pro next week!

Oatmeal Killa
05-02-08, 6:23 pm
Yo Ox, i don't know if anyone has asked you this question yet but I saw that you wear wrestling shoes when you work out, do you always wear them? I was look to give them a try b/c my shoes i have now and wore down and have a good solid pair of wrestling shoes and i was just wondering how you liked them? Thanks man

lycan_warlord
05-04-08, 5:16 pm
hey OX, just wanted to say i'm doing your keto diet. not only is it better than i thought. I've lost about 8 lbs and its been close to 2 weeks. Loving it.

keep up the amazing work.

-lycan

In Flames
05-04-08, 5:41 pm
Always once per week. I have always done high volume (usually around 20 sets per body part) but I'm starting to cut it back. When I was smaller I could do more volume and recuperate fine. Now that I'm getting bigger I find it's much easier to overtrain. On the same note, I find that my mind muscle connection and ability to recruit muscle fibers is much greater now than when I was starting out and as a result, I don't need to do as much to stimulate the muscle.I may cut back to 12 sets per body part and continue to hit each once per week.

Thanks alot Evan for answering my question. What rep range do you usually lift in and how much rest do you take between sets?

Thanks bro.

Ox
05-05-08, 6:30 pm
Hey Ox, Salute

This is Surv 19 male 171 pounds 5 feet 7 " been weight lifting hardcore for 3 months covering one major muscle group once per week going to the gym five times . I eat 5-6 meals per say all clean meals that is to say low carb and low fat. Supplements include:-
Animal pak
Animal pump
Salmon oil changing this to Animal Omega soonish.
Protein shake
Superior Amino acids 2222

after these 3 months i noticed increased upper body muscle but my lower body fat didn't change "same waist size " .

I have a strange body sorta of I'm Lean/Muscular in the upper and a bit fat at my lower kinda close to a female's lower .Regarding cardio I just do 10 min warm-ups before training thats it.

now my question is ---->

What would you recommend me to do should I try to lose weight so my body can be symmetrical and then start gaining or should I just try to bulk up or something else?
that is to say what training/diet should i follow?

Thanks for your time sorry for all the long talk .....

Peace

I think that first and foremost you should adress what sounds to me like a hormone imbalance. When you store more fat in your lower body there's a good chance that it's because your level of female sex hormones vs male sex hormones is out of whack. It could be due to diet. In fact, many times, when males develop gynecomastia natural doctors wil advocate strengthening the liver claiming that a liver that is not functioning at 100% will not be able to clear excess estrogen from the body. The first thing I would do if I were you is do some form of detox and try and clean up your liver. Then, I would do a solid, strict cut and get as ripped as possible (fat cells store estrogen). From there I would do a clean, regimented bulk and I would be willing to bet your imbalances will fade.

Ox
05-05-08, 6:31 pm
Ox;

Just dropping in to see how are things going?

Hope to see you at the NY Pro next week!

Hey Ant-

What's goin on buddy? Things are going well. I'm looking forward to NY this weekend. I'll be there for the night show...See you there bro.

Ox
05-05-08, 6:33 pm
Yo Ox, i don't know if anyone has asked you this question yet but I saw that you wear wrestling shoes when you work out, do you always wear them? I was look to give them a try b/c my shoes i have now and wore down and have a good solid pair of wrestling shoes and i was just wondering how you liked them? Thanks man

I like em. People have told me that flat sole shoes are bad for your feet because it will force your arch to collapse. I don't know...I like em.

Ox
05-05-08, 6:33 pm
hey OX, just wanted to say i'm doing your keto diet. not only is it better than i thought. I've lost about 8 lbs and its been close to 2 weeks. Loving it.

keep up the amazing work.

-lycan

I'm glad to hear that...keep it going!

Ox
05-05-08, 6:34 pm
Thanks alot Evan for answering my question. What rep range do you usually lift in and how much rest do you take between sets?

Thanks bro.

I usually do 8-12 for reps and rest 2-3 minutes between sets.

IRONADDICT45
05-06-08, 1:15 am
hey wats up OX, just stoppin in to say thank you and hey..i just met you at the jay cutler classic in my hometown of boston and your doing great on your bulk man...280ish in that kind of shape takes serious discipline...keep doin what your doing man, nice to meet you bro

Ox
05-06-08, 9:51 am
hey wats up OX, just stoppin in to say thank you and hey..i just met you at the jay cutler classic in my hometown of boston and your doing great on your bulk man...280ish in that kind of shape takes serious discipline...keep doin what your doing man, nice to meet you bro

Thanks for the compliments buddy. It was nice to meet you too. I thought the show this year was pretty good. Better than I remember it being last year. You gonna compete?

Lobo
05-06-08, 11:19 am
Ox,

I just finished reading the entire thread, it took me about 3 weeks but it worth the time. Thanks for your time and all the info !

Question: Is natty pb = raw peanuts (rusted, with no added salt or oil) regarding its carb content? I mean, can I just eat peanuts instead of pb while on Keto? I read that nuts and almonds are allowed, but what about peanuts?

Thanks again man.

simpleguy
05-06-08, 3:35 pm
hey Ox, would appreciate your opinion on the matter... I heard that whey during your workout (on a keto) is a bad idea... if so, may I ask why ?

Ox
05-06-08, 6:20 pm
Ox,

I just finished reading the entire thread, it took me about 3 weeks but it worth the time. Thanks for your time and all the info !

Question: Is natty pb = raw peanuts (rusted, with no added salt or oil) regarding its carb content? I mean, can I just eat peanuts instead of pb while on Keto? I read that nuts and almonds are allowed, but what about peanuts?

Thanks again man.

Yes, you can have peanuts. I just like blending my protein w PB because it makes it taste great and it slows the release of the protein.

Ox
05-06-08, 6:22 pm
hey Ox, would appreciate your opinion on the matter... I heard that whey during your workout (on a keto) is a bad idea... if so, may I ask why ?

Because we never eat ANYTHING right before or during a workout. It's counterproductive to burning fat. Eat an hour before your workout, train, and then have somehting to eat or drink PWO.

Lobo
05-06-08, 6:42 pm
Yes, you can have peanuts. I just like blending my protein w PB because it makes it taste great and it slows the release of the protein.

Thats great, thanks for the answer Ox.

Sir J-Werk
05-06-08, 9:37 pm
Ox,

I'm just catching onto this Omega thing that seems to be spreading ever since Animal released their new product.... Simple questions.... I've just started taking "omega 3 fish oil" pills 3x's a day w/ meals.... What, if any, benefit would there be prioritizing one with my pre-w/o meal which I take in 1-hour before I lift? Would this work in conjunction with the NO booster in Shock Therapy, which I take 30minutes before I lift? .... Or is it just the overall effect of taking them throughout the day consistantly that I will benefit more from?

Thank you.

Ox
05-07-08, 11:12 am
Ox,

I'm just catching onto this Omega thing that seems to be spreading ever since Animal released their new product.... Simple questions.... I've just started taking "omega 3 fish oil" pills 3x's a day w/ meals.... What, if any, benefit would there be prioritizing one with my pre-w/o meal which I take in 1-hour before I lift? Would this work in conjunction with the NO booster in Shock Therapy, which I take 30minutes before I lift? .... Or is it just the overall effect of taking them throughout the day consistantly that I will benefit more from?

Thank you.

EFA timing isn't important with regard to improving performance. However, I would avoid any substancial doses of Omega-3s and or fish oil 2 hours pre and post pwo becuase of the anti-inflamatory effects. The last thing you want to do is limit inflamation in the time around a workout...it will limit your gains as muscle growth itself is an inflamatory process. I train around noon so I take one PAk of Animal Omega in the a.m. and one in the p.m....simple.

Joseb
05-07-08, 12:14 pm
Evan:
I understand that your offseason diet is just your season diet with carbs added in each meal. But i also know that you havent been doing keto your whole bodybuilding career. So my question is what did your offseason diet look like before you met dave and how it was working for you?

Ox
05-07-08, 4:10 pm
Evan:
I understand that your offseason diet is just your season diet with carbs added in each meal. But i also know that you havent been doing keto your whole bodybuilding career. So my question is what did your offseason diet look like before you met dave and how it was working for you?

My offseasons in the past wasn't that much different from now except that now I add more healthy fats and my eating is much more structured. I would get very big but gain much more fat. Could have to dow ith how I ate but also I now have much more muscle on my body so my metabolism is naturally higher.

IRONADDICT45
05-08-08, 9:52 pm
hey again big man...just had a quick dieting question for ya...now ive been dion keto as i do every spring/summer time with great results gettin in all my fats and protiens and veggies...and im thinking about how to optimally add the carbs back in through for my offseason training...this last winter i carbed up (oatmeal/brown rice/sweet potatoe etc) just my 3 training days and kept the rest high in veggies only as my carbs and obv good prot. and good fats....then smack in the middle of the winter i had a liver issue (im natural so its not like that...it sucked and i got it taken care of by an incredbile hollistic healer) ANYWAYS...i was wondering if you think i should maybe cycle the carbs better...honestly when i do the starches everyday (being an italian endomorph) i hold a lil excess BF...maybe even something simple as eating my high carb days the day before my workouts instead of the day of??? i stay around 13-15% winter id say becuase i know how easliy i can slap on the BF if i dont eat pretty clean all year...thanks for reading and helping me big guy...still cant get over how friggn huge you looked posing at the cutler classic dude, ill tell ya you have a massive future, and all your attention to details do add up...they call you crazy in your MD videos...i see it as what we oughta do, and you lead by example....thanks dude

Wild Cat
05-09-08, 6:09 am
I was just wondering what's the difference between Animal Test and the Animal Stak Product. Are they both Testosterone boosters? If you get one do you need the other?

-Wild cat

Malloy1344
05-09-08, 10:53 am
Hey Ox, I was goin through the thread, but couldn't find what I was looking for......so forgive me if you answered this already......but here goes...

If it helps, I've been bulking for awhile, I'm at 265 w/ like 20-22% BF

This is my plan setup for starting Keto

8am – 6 whole eggs

11am – 2 scoops whey with 1/3 cup cashews or nuts

2pm - 8oz chicken w/ 2 cups salad or veggies

5pm – 2 scoops whey with 1/3 cashews or nuts

Post w/0 = 2 scoops whey + Creatine + BCAA

830pm – 8oz chicken/fish w/ broccoli

11pm = 2 scoops casein .

Now my question with the post workout shake ......is using Storm going to fuck up Keto, and is having the post workout shake going to mess things up because its 4 shakes instead of 3. Should I just down Aminos post w/o then have the meal and forget the shake?

Thanks man, appreciate any input and guidance.

mgmmaze
05-09-08, 2:23 pm
hey whats up OX i have seen your last 2 arcticles in MD dude you look sick bro your back article is fucking awsome. then the arms doing chain dips those look sick also well bro have a great offseaon man

BigDaddy21
05-09-08, 2:30 pm
nice guest posing man. ya shoulda jumped off the stage and elbow dropped the desk to top jay standing on it

El_Spiko
05-09-08, 10:24 pm
Hey Ox, I was goin through the thread, but couldn't find what I was looking for......so forgive me if you answered this already......but here goes...

8am – 6 whole eggs

11pm = 2 scoops casein .

Now my question with the post workout shake ......is using Storm going to fuck up Keto, and is having the post workout shake going to mess things up because its 4 shakes instead of 3. Should I just down Aminos post w/o then have the meal and forget the shake?

If you don't mind my chiming in here, I can answer your questions. Storm is fine while you're keto, it has less than a gram of carbs. Don't worry about the amount of shakes, just so long as you're getting your six meals in; and you should count your post-workout shake. Also, don't use cashews as your nuts, they're way too high in carbs unfortunately. You want raw, unroasted nuts; almonds, peanuts and macadamia's are all good choices. When they're exposed to heat the fats in nuts starts to break down and lose it's health benefits.

Malloy1344
05-10-08, 1:21 am
If you don't mind my chiming in here, I can answer your questions. Storm is fine while you're keto, it has less than a gram of carbs. Don't worry about the amount of shakes, just so long as you're getting your six meals in; and you should count your post-workout shake. Also, don't use cashews as your nuts, they're way too high in carbs unfortunately. You want raw, unroasted nuts; almonds, peanuts and macadamia's are all good choices. When they're exposed to heat the fats in nuts starts to break down and lose it's health benefits.

Cool thanks alot bro. So I really gotta hit 6 meals exactly...... ditch the cashews, and add the madadamias. I hate nuts so I'm gonna end up swallowing them with a chug of whey. Thanks dude, appreciate the input.

Pizzalamp
05-10-08, 10:47 am
dude you can eat cashews on this diet..evan says he has them sometimes and dave palumbo himself said theyre ok to eat on the diet

Cool thanks alot bro. So I really gotta hit 6 meals exactly...... ditch the cashews, and add the madadamias. I hate nuts so I'm gonna end up swallowing them with a chug of whey. Thanks dude, appreciate the input.cashews are fine

T.Alan
05-10-08, 2:36 pm
Evan,

I'm almost 7 weeks in to the diet now and everything is going pretty well. My only concern is with my cardio.

Just for some basis here I started at 230 @ prob about 20% b/f. (I never measured) I was 208 last time I weighed myself (Start of week 6) and based upon what I can see I'm somewhere under 15%... but I really can't tell for certain. I have some deep separation in my quads, my arms are getting pretty tight but I'm still somewhat soft in the middle although I've lost about 3 inches from around the navel.

I started doing 45 mins of cardio this week(walking around the block at a fast pace in layers of sweats) first thing in the morning on 4 days of the week. (Mon, wed, sat & sun) I do 35 mins after training on mon & tues (upright bike), and I get a second session of 45 mins(upright bike or eliptical) in on weds night. My previous cardio regimen was only following training or later in the day.

Is this too much too soon? Or do I still have time to bump this up about say 5 mins every two weeks til I reach an hour?

Thank you VERY much. I'm further along at my 7 weeks than I was last year at 12 weeks when I dieted with carbs.

If pics will help to assess progress let me know.

El_Spiko
05-10-08, 10:59 pm
dude you can eat cashews on this diet..evan says he has them sometimes and dave palumbo himself said theyre ok to eat on the diet
cashews are fine

My bad on the cashews. Back when No Bull radio first started up I recall him saying to stay away from cashews since they're high in carbs for nuts, but all his recent posts about his diet do include them.

born0withno0soul
05-12-08, 5:12 am
yo ox you think you would ever be interested in doing the colorado pro?

Ox
05-12-08, 5:31 pm
hey again big man...just had a quick dieting question for ya...now ive been dion keto as i do every spring/summer time with great results gettin in all my fats and protiens and veggies...and im thinking about how to optimally add the carbs back in through for my offseason training...this last winter i carbed up (oatmeal/brown rice/sweet potatoe etc) just my 3 training days and kept the rest high in veggies only as my carbs and obv good prot. and good fats....then smack in the middle of the winter i had a liver issue (im natural so its not like that...it sucked and i got it taken care of by an incredbile hollistic healer) ANYWAYS...i was wondering if you think i should maybe cycle the carbs better...honestly when i do the starches everyday (being an italian endomorph) i hold a lil excess BF...maybe even something simple as eating my high carb days the day before my workouts instead of the day of??? i stay around 13-15% winter id say becuase i know how easliy i can slap on the BF if i dont eat pretty clean all year...thanks for reading and helping me big guy...still cant get over how friggn huge you looked posing at the cutler classic dude, ill tell ya you have a massive future, and all your attention to details do add up...they call you crazy in your MD videos...i see it as what we oughta do, and you lead by example....thanks dude

I say just add the carbs back in all at once, every day. I wouldn't worry about your BF...just eat quality carb sources...brown rice, oats, and potatoes. If you wnated to try somehting different and not gte such a heavy rebound from the carbs try this:

Rather than have a cheat meal each week while doing the keto diet, every Monday and Thursday night, in place of your normal 6th meal have 1/2 cup (measured before cooking) oatmeal, 1/2 banana and 1/2 small sweet potato + 1 tbsp mac nut oil. That's it, no protein. Give it a try. And when you are finished dieting just go back to having carbs with every meal.

Ox
05-12-08, 5:34 pm
I was just wondering what's the difference between Animal Test and the Animal Stak Product. Are they both Testosterone boosters? If you get one do you need the other?

-Wild cat

Test is more androgenic while stak is more anabolic. You don't NEED both but they would work great in combo. If I had to pick one I'd go with Test.

Ox
05-12-08, 5:36 pm

8am – 6 whole eggs

11pm = 2 scoops casein .

Storm is fine. And cachews ARE ok.

Ox
05-12-08, 5:40 pm
Evan,

I'm almost 7 weeks in to the diet now and everything is going pretty well. My only concern is with my cardio.

Just for some basis here I started at 230 @ prob about 20% b/f. (I never measured) I was 208 last time I weighed myself (Start of week 6) and based upon what I can see I'm somewhere under 15%... but I really can't tell for certain. I have some deep separation in my quads, my arms are getting pretty tight but I'm still somewhat soft in the middle although I've lost about 3 inches from around the navel.

I started doing 45 mins of cardio this week(walking around the block at a fast pace in layers of sweats) first thing in the morning on 4 days of the week. (Mon, wed, sat & sun) I do 35 mins after training on mon & tues (upright bike), and I get a second session of 45 mins(upright bike or eliptical) in on weds night. My previous cardio regimen was only following training or later in the day.

Is this too much too soon? Or do I still have time to bump this up about say 5 mins every two weeks til I reach an hour?

Thank you VERY much. I'm further along at my 7 weeks than I was last year at 12 weeks when I dieted with carbs.

If pics will help to assess progress let me know.

At this point, based on what you've told me I think you should be doing at least one hour of cardio per day and adding 10 min. minimum each week. Once you go over an hour of cardio you can split it into two sessions just make sure you do at least 30 min in each session. And be sure to do it either first thing in the a.m. on an empty stomach and or after weight training.

Ox
05-12-08, 5:40 pm
yo ox you think you would ever be interested in doing the colorado pro?

Yes.

bobbymart
05-12-08, 5:47 pm
Hey Ox just wanted to stop in and say thanks I did you'r Keto diet last year for 16 weeks then you'r off seson diet and i'm 8 weeks in on you'r Keto diet again all in all I went from 310lbs 36.3% bf down to 248lbs 14.6%bf (just checked yesterday) and I still have 8 weeks to go thank's so much for all the great advice.

just so every one know's that is over the course of about 10 months.

French57
05-12-08, 6:17 pm
Hey Ox just wanted to stop in and say thanks I did you'r Keto diet last year for 16 weeks then you'r off seson diet and i'm 8 weeks in on you'r Keto diet again all in all I went from 310lbs 36.3% bf down to 248lbs 14.6%bf (just checked yesterday) and I still have 8 weeks to go thank's so much for all the great advice.

Damn bro great work. Keep pushing hard. best of luck to you with your journey

Ox
05-12-08, 7:28 pm

Phenomenal! By consistnetly cycling bulking and dieting you will make your most progress. Each time you diet, epsecially with keto, you rev up your metabolism and make your body super sensitive to all nutrients. You diet HARD and then bulk and rebound and gain new muscle and then diet and begin the process all over again. It's a 3 steps forward 2 steps back kind of thing. Just keep going bro.

bobbymart
05-12-08, 7:39 pm
Phenomenal! By consistnetly cycling bulking and dieting you will make your most progress. Each time you diet, epsecially with keto, you rev up your metabolism and make your body super sensitive to all nutrients. You diet HARD and then bulk and rebound and gain new muscle and then diet and begin the process all over again. It's a 3 steps forward 2 steps back kind of thing. Just keep going bro.

thanks OX I plan on settling at about 250 with around 10%bf hopefully within the next year I am 6"5 I figure that is a resonable goal once again I appreciate all you're help

Wild Cat
05-12-08, 10:46 pm
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wild Cat
"I was just wondering what's the difference between Animal Test and the Animal Stak Product. Are they both Testosterone boosters? If you get one do you need the other?"

"Test is more androgenic while stak is more anabolic. You don't NEED both but they would work great in combo. If I had to pick one I'd go with Test."

Ox if Test is more androgenic in nature than Stak, than wouldn't it be a supplement more appropriate for improving masculine maturity rather than muscle maturity. Wouldn't anabolic effects be more responsible for growth and play a bigger key role in muscular and strength development due to it's anabolic effects. What's the relationship between androgenic effects and growth and why do you favor it over Stak if you could only choose one.

-Wild Cat

DaveK
05-12-08, 11:36 pm
Hey Ox

Just wanted to say thanks to you and PJ for stopping by our table and having lunch with us on Saturday in New York. It was nice talking with you guys. Take care!!

BamBam
05-12-08, 11:42 pm
Hey OX...this is kind of random...but do you think you would be able to make the first annual KENTUCKY ABC in July? I didnt know if corp. would send ya down, and if not, me and my friends (the people attending) already have money set aside to fly you down and get you a hotel...I think HOUSE might come if he is able and Im trying to get G-Diesel down here too. Just wondering if you would like to or would be able. Hope you r doing good bro and I just watched your guest pose...Geat shit bro! Love the ACDC

LHS Monster
05-13-08, 6:37 pm
hey ox just a quick one here... ive started using a keto diet here lately but my question is .. is it normal to get that sweet taste to your saliva because ive noticed it here over the last few days and ive only ever had it once before and thats when i went fishing where the only thing that went in the mouth was beef jerkey and water so any help would be nice thanks bro.

APE
05-14-08, 1:22 am
Hey Ox, I just want to get this straight. Are you still technically on the keto when you eat the carbs from veggies/salads, peanut butter, etc? So as long as your total carb intake for the day is under 30g will I be fine with that? thanks

Ox
05-14-08, 9:15 am
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wild Cat
"I was just wondering what's the difference between Animal Test and the Animal Stak Product. Are they both Testosterone boosters? If you get one do you need the other?"

"Test is more androgenic while stak is more anabolic. You don't NEED both but they would work great in combo. If I had to pick one I'd go with Test."

Ox if Test is more androgenic in nature than Stak, than wouldn't it be a supplement more appropriate for improving masculine maturity rather than muscle maturity. Wouldn't anabolic effects be more responsible for growth and play a bigger key role in muscular and strength development due to it's anabolic effects. What's the relationship between androgenic effects and growth and why do you favor it over Stak if you could only choose one.

-Wild Cat

You would think that anabolic means more muscle building than androgenic. Not always the case. Anything that is either entirely androgenic or entirely anabolic usually turns out to be relatively poor for size gains. Take for example, DHT. DHT is pretty musch 100% androgenic. You will not gain muscle size from DHT. You will however get harder, stronger and more aggressive from it. On the other hand take a drug such a Primobolan. It is almost entirely anabolic and displays almost no androgenic activity. It's been shown that it suck for gaining size, strength, hardness etc. Ever hear the saying "Test is best"? It's because testosterone, being what's naturally in your body and being what's responsible for males' musclularity changing dramatically when they go through puberity, causes serious amounts of muscle growth, size, and strength. Is testosterone classified as a being highly anabolic? No. In fact, it's considered predominantly androgenic. But still, it has anabolic properties. Obviously, I would never advocate the use of anything illegal, I simply hope to demostrate a point.
So when looking at stak vs test, I would say "Test is best".

Ox
05-14-08, 9:16 am
Hey Ox

Just wanted to say thanks to you and PJ for stopping by our table and having lunch with us on Saturday in New York. It was nice talking with you guys. Take care!!

Definitely, I had fun bullshitting with you guys. That Diner is the best. See you soon bro. Peace.

Ox
05-14-08, 9:18 am
Hey OX...this is kind of random...but do you think you would be able to make the first annual KENTUCKY ABC in July? I didnt know if corp. would send ya down, and if not, me and my friends (the people attending) already have money set aside to fly you down and get you a hotel...I think HOUSE might come if he is able and Im trying to get G-Diesel down here too. Just wondering if you would like to or would be able. Hope you r doing good bro and I just watched your guest pose...Geat shit bro! Love the ACDC

I'd really like to come down. Let me see what I can do. I don't want you guys to have to pay for me. Thanks for the invite bro.

Ox
05-14-08, 9:19 am
hey ox just a quick one here... ive started using a keto diet here lately but my question is .. is it normal to get that sweet taste to your saliva because ive noticed it here over the last few days and ive only ever had it once before and thats when i went fishing where the only thing that went in the mouth was beef jerkey and water so any help would be nice thanks bro.

100% normal. I've never noticed it but all my firends who have done keto all say the same thing. That's a good thing bro. That means your in ketosis.

Ox
05-14-08, 9:21 am
Hey Ox, I just want to get this straight. Are you still technically on the keto when you eat the carbs from veggies/salads, peanut butter, etc? So as long as your total carb intake for the day is under 30g will I be fine with that? thanks

Yup that's right. Just make sure that THE ONLY carbs you get come from the sources you mentioned.

niladmirari88
05-14-08, 10:07 am
How ya livin bro,

Thanks for the help you gave me a while ago on the diet, I was extremely pleased with my results.

It's about a week and a half after my show and I feel like i've really gained back a lot of fat or at least water weight. The only time I cheated was the night of my show and a few things the day after. I've been eating clean ever since. Ground beef/turkey, whole eggs, natty peanut butter, almonds, rice, a few rice cakes, oatmeal, olive oil, protein shakes. I took a few days off of training to let my body rest and I'm just now starting to get back into the heavy stuff. I'm also in the middle of a 2 week cleanse. I was just wondering if this was normal. Do things level off once I start back to training hard and heavy and making gains. Maybe it's just my body type.

Thanks for the help. I cannot wait to see you large and in charge on the pro-stage.

Ox
05-14-08, 10:15 am
How ya livin bro,

Thanks for the help you gave me a while ago on the diet, I was extremely pleased with my results.

It's about a week and a half after my show and I feel like i've really gained back a lot of fat or at least water weight. The only time I cheated was the night of my show and a few things the day after. I've been eating clean ever since. Ground beef/turkey, whole eggs, natty peanut butter, almonds, rice, a few rice cakes, oatmeal, olive oil, protein shakes. I took a few days off of training to let my body rest and I'm just now starting to get back into the heavy stuff. I'm also in the middle of a 2 week cleanse. I was just wondering if this was normal. Do things level off once I start back to training hard and heavy and making gains. Maybe it's just my body type.

Thanks for the help. I cannot wait to see you large and in charge on the pro-stage.

Totally normal bro. All your body is doing is overcompensating or "rebounding". I assume you depleted your water for your show and were dehydrated. Once you reintroduced water your body gets worried your going to dehydrate it again so it hordes the water. Don't worry, drink pleanty fo water and just go back to eating proteins, fats and carbs and in a few weeks you'll feel huge and ripped again. Enjoy it.

BamBam
05-14-08, 10:51 am
I'd really like to come down. Let me see what I can do. I don't want you guys to have to pay for me. Thanks for the invite bro.

Dude, its no problem bro! We all want you down here and I am also working on getting G' and HOUSE to come down too (he only lives about 3 hours from me). I want this ABC to be HUGE for our first. If it comes to it, we'll get ya down here big man!

Oh, and you don't have to thank me...we're family in my book. And I owe you, your Keto diet has me getting in stage shape right now..

In IRON,
Josh

niladmirari88
05-14-08, 10:56 am
Yea I cut my water out at 5:30pm and didn't have anything to drink till 1pm the next day after pre-judging. It's very reasurring to hear that. I appreciate the help, take care.

J Wong
05-14-08, 2:46 pm
Does the cheat meal have to be the last one of the day? Or could it be 3rd to last or 2nd to last?

SQUAT or DIE!
05-14-08, 3:00 pm
Does the cheat meal have to be the last one of the day? Or could it be 3rd to last or 2nd to last?

i usually do mine as one of my last 2 meals of the day... but ive also had it for lunch before cause i had no other options...

ive been told its better toward the end of the day.. not sure why, perhaps OX can enlighten us all..

J Wong
05-14-08, 3:05 pm
Yeah, my first one will probably be this saturday, and I might be going out of town and will end up at a buffet around my 4th or 5th meal.

SQUAT or DIE!
05-14-08, 3:07 pm
Yeah, my first one will probably be this saturday, and I might be going out of town and will end up at a buffet around my 4th or 5th meal.

that will work IMO

Ox
05-14-08, 5:09 pm
Yea I cut my water out at 5:30pm and didn't have anything to drink till 1pm the next day after pre-judging. It's very reasurring to hear that. I appreciate the help, take care.

Dude, I remember when I did my first show...I came in the driest I've ever come in and I went a WHILE with no water. Within two days I gained over 25 lbs! My face, hands, feet, legs, stomach...everything was swollen and smoothed over. I had fuckin' kankles and my feet looked like Flintstone feet. I freaked out...I thought something was wrong with me. I rode it out and after a couple of weeks the water subsided and I looked big, full, ripped and grainy and I was strong as hell. Once you get past the water retention, the rebound is awesome.

Ox
05-14-08, 5:10 pm

Has to be last.

SQUAT or DIE!
05-14-08, 5:13 pm
Has to be last.

and i was wrong.. thank you for correcting me

mustgetbig
05-14-08, 6:49 pm
hey ox i was wondering i have eaa stack and am doing the keto diet for my cut i do 45min cardio first thing in the morning and my workout later on in the afternoon well my budget allows to consume 3 servings a day i was wondering where i should place them throughout my day and i do no cardio post workout thanks in advance.

niladmirari88
05-14-08, 11:13 pm
Dude, I remember when I did my first show...I came in the driest I've ever come in and I went a WHILE with no water. Within two days I gained over 25 lbs! My face, hands, feet, legs, stomach...everything was swollen and smoothed over. I had fuckin' kankles and my feet looked like Flintstone feet. I freaked out...I thought something was wrong with me. I rode it out and after a couple of weeks the water subsided and I looked big, full, ripped and grainy and I was strong as hell. Once you get past the water retention, the rebound is awesome.

Haha yea. I weighed in at 154 and hit 170 in a couple days so not quite 25 lbs. in my situation but still very smooth and bloated. It's a fucking depressing feeling because I'm thinking "Man, I went through all those weeks of dieting and came in great conditiong and now I look worse in a couple of days than my last offseason!" I'm looking forward to the rebound.

APE
05-15-08, 1:39 pm
Would musclemilk be ok to use while on keto? I believe that theres about 16g per 2 scoops?

J Wong
05-15-08, 2:34 pm
Has to be last.

Why?

simpleguy
05-15-08, 3:15 pm
Would musclemilk be ok to use while on keto? I believe that theres about 16g per 2 scoops?

1. we don't talk about other brands here

2. zero carbs on Ox's keto diet except those that come naturally from the fat sources and veggies

Ox
05-15-08, 7:52 pm
hey ox i was wondering i have eaa stack and am doing the keto diet for my cut i do 45min cardio first thing in the morning and my workout later on in the afternoon well my budget allows to consume 3 servings a day i was wondering where i should place them throughout my day and i do no cardio post workout thanks in advance.

Y0u could do a serving first thing in the am on an empty stomach and a serving before and during training.

Ox
05-15-08, 7:57 pm

No. Muscle Milk is crap. It uses non-essential fats such as MCT oil and other cheap fats. 2 scoops gives you 32g protein!? That's a horrible yield. Out of 70g you get 32g of protein, the rest is 16g of carbs, 4 of which are sugar and 12g of fat from MCT oil and long chain polyunsaturated fats! What a shit product. And I'm not just saying this because where on the Animal Pak forvm. If you came to me with a quality product I would never tell you not to take it. Simply put, MuscleMilk is shit.