PDA

View Full Version : Ox's Stable

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

Ox
06-18-08, 7:35 pm
hey ox.. i was reading your last post... talk to me more about consumign raw meat its always kidan crossed my mind, nothign leik a big raw steak gotta love how they look. what do u reccomend preperation wise

Well from what I understand, when you have a steak, the bacteria is on the outside and theoretically, so long as you sear the outside and kill the bacteria on the outside of the meat you can eat the middle of the steak pretty much raw. So what I do is I get roast such as eye round and with a knife I remove all the meat that is on the outside of it leaving only meat that has not been exposed. Then I chop it up and throw it through my meat grinder. When it comes out, I mix in a raw egg yolk, some sea salt and some mac nut oil. If you wanna do it the traditional way you could also add some chopped up baby kosher dills, some raw onion, and some marinated mushrooms. Eat it with some toasted bread and that is the shit. Now, again, I would only do this maybe once a week and make sure the meat you are using comes from a butcher or from a good source. Also, make sure that when you are trimming the meat from around the outside of the roast, you mke sure not to let the newly trimmed portions touch the cutting board that has already been touched otherwise it will just pick up the same bacteria. Also, once you trim all the meat form the outside, wash the cutting board and then chop the meat up. This is all at your own risk of course!

Ox
06-18-08, 7:38 pm
I know you like to have sushi for your cheat meals, but do you have sushi every week? Even in the off season do you cheat once a week? And what are some of your favorite cheat meals to have?

I was reading back some posts and you talked about Sacred Heart U-thats where I went to school...that weight room was the best

In the offseason I cheat whenver I feel like it. That usually ends up being 2 or 3 meals a week. I usually do like sushi but maybe I'll have a burger or somehting like that. The Sacred Heart gym used to be really good. They got rid of all the old equipment and replaced it with line that I really don't like. Maybe the new equipment is better suited for the athletic programs? I don't know but it's not as good for bodybuilding.

SizeMatters
06-18-08, 10:09 pm
Well from what I understand, when you have a steak, the bacteria is on the outside and theoretically, so long as you sear the outside and kill the bacteria on the outside of the meat you can eat the middle of the steak pretty much raw. So what I do is I get roast such as eye round and with a knife I remove all the meat that is on the outside of it leaving only meat that has not been exposed. Then I chop it up and throw it through my meat grinder. When it comes out, I mix in a raw egg yolk, some sea salt and some mac nut oil. If you wanna do it the traditional way you could also add some chopped up baby kosher dills, some raw onion, and some marinated mushrooms. Eat it with some toasted bread and that is the shit. Now, again, I would only do this maybe once a week and make sure the meat you are using comes from a butcher or from a good source. Also, make sure that when you are trimming the meat from around the outside of the roast, you mke sure not to let the newly trimmed portions touch the cutting board that has already been touched otherwise it will just pick up the same bacteria. Also, once you trim all the meat form the outside, wash the cutting board and then chop the meat up. This is all at your own risk of course!

I GOTTA give this a try.. as usual thanks big man

WeaponX
06-18-08, 10:14 pm

You are one crazy bastard... raw steak, i dont know about that man, I spent a few years as a small time cook, and i wouldnt recomend it, but hey, to each his own i guess

Pizzalamp
06-19-08, 12:00 am
In the offseason I cheat whenver I feel like it. That usually ends up being 2 or 3 meals a week. I usually do like sushi but maybe I'll have a burger or somehting like that. The Sacred Heart gym used to be really good. They got rid of all the old equipment and replaced it with line that I really don't like. Maybe the new equipment is better suited for the athletic programs? I don't know but it's not as good for bodybuilding.

thanks
i remember i was a student there like around 2002...and they had tons of benches, squat racks, donkey calf, deadlift platform...loved it...thats too bad they changed it

The Epidemic
06-19-08, 3:40 am
i love watchin evan on mdtv... but WHERE CAN I GET THAT MACADAIAMN NUT OIL..

humanforklift
06-20-08, 3:51 pm
Hey Evan, just wanted to get your insight on the show this weekend. Who are you looking forward to seeing and who do you think will come out on top?

DrewskiPHX
06-21-08, 4:13 pm
Hey Ox,

I appreciate the thread you posted and is really giving me some inspirational boosts to get this started. I wanted to know more about your diet as I want to have nnnc's(no non-necessary carb's) in my meals, but also want to know how much of each thing I should be eating.

6 eggs and 2 6 oz chicken and 8 oz salmon seems like a lot for me however you are the teacher here, I am 18 and weigh 190 lbs I've been working out for about 2 months now and want to cut for 16 weeks on your keto diet. Is there anything you can do to help me. I figure I'll start the cut two weeks from now when I get back from vacation so I have two weeks to get this perfected. Also I can go to LA fitness and ask them to give me my stats on what my BF and Measurements are if that will help.

one last thing, Would you recommend me taking cuts while on keto, or not?

Like I said, if there is anything you can do to help me out since I'm new to this, I would be greatly appreciative. Thank you

DrewskiPHX
06-21-08, 7:49 pm
Hey Ox,

I appreciate the thread you posted and is really giving me some inspirational boosts to get this started. I wanted to know more about your diet as I want to have nnnc's(no non-necessary carb's) in my meals, but also want to know how much of each thing I should be eating.

6 eggs and 2 6 oz chicken and 8 oz salmon seems like a lot for me however you are the teacher here, I am 18 and weigh 190 lbs I've been working out for about 2 months now and want to cut for 16 weeks on your keto diet. Is there anything you can do to help me. I figure I'll start the cut two weeks from now when I get back from vacation so I have two weeks to get this perfected. Also I can go to LA fitness and ask them to give me my stats on what my BF and Measurements are if that will help.

Like I said, if there is anything you can do to help me out since I'm new to this, I would be greatly appreciative. Thank you

I went to my gym today and asked for a body fat analysis so they asked me to hold this machine and in 5 seconds told me the results. Im more or less 20% body fat. So just thought I'd let you know

DrewskiPHX
06-21-08, 8:26 pm
sorry for posting many times in a row, I just keep on finding things that i can help myself to understand what keto is. this is what i have calculated based off of KAM's formula:

weight - 190
*bf - 20%
*lbm - 158
*GPPD - 237.5
*CFP - 950
*GFPD - 105.5

Key
BF - body fat
LBM - lean body mass
GPPD - grams of protien per day
CFP - calories from protein
GFPD - grams of fat per day.

So based on that should i be eating just a little less than what you eat on a regular basis?

thanks

dyskee
06-22-08, 11:49 am
hey ox i want you to help me with this issue because u always come in ripped and tight.

iam currently at 11% bf at 130lbs and i was wondering what was needed to get to 6-8% bf. iam a rowing athelete i row 6 days per week and bodybuild 3 times per week.

my diet looks like that:
breakfast: cup of oats with milk , honey and cinammon and 5grams aminos.
rowing training
snack: beans and bread
lunch: 3 spoons of rice ,veggies, 2 chicken breasts.
pre workout: 5 grams aminos.
bodybuilding workout
post workout: 10 grams aminos and apple juice
dinner: 3 pieces of meat , veggies , 3 spoons of rice.
before bed: a can of tuna.

any ideas?

krazyassmexican
06-23-08, 8:30 am
Yo evan, you looked great on the video with dave of the jr nationals
i didnt know you were gonna be at chicago
if i knew i would off done my best to be there and say hi to you

Ox
06-23-08, 11:30 am
Hey Evan, just wanted to get your insight on the show this weekend. Who are you looking forward to seeing and who do you think will come out on top?

Going out to the show I was really looking forward to seeing Sean Allan and Trey Brewer stand side by side. I know ow big Sean is + symmetry and I know how freaky and filled in Trey was at the Excalibur. But once the show had begun it was evident that Sean Allan had the class locked down for the win and Mike Liberatore smoked the heavies. Going into the night show if felt it was going to be very interesting seeing Sean and Mike stand side by side. Mike was impressive as hell and complete from head to toes but in the overall Sean is just impossible to satnd next to. He's 280 lbs with symmetry! It was a great show and I felt the placing were right on.

Ox
06-23-08, 11:34 am
Hey Ox,

If you look back through the thread you'll find how to figure the diet for your size. Knowing your bf % does help vbecause you need to know your lean body mass to make the calculations. Cuts would be great on keto. But I would let the diet do the work first and then add it in. Fortifying your diet wioth the essentials like Pak, Omega, and a solid protein are far more important. Cuts is just icing on the cake.

Ox
06-23-08, 11:38 am
sorry for posting many times in a row, I just keep on finding things that i can help myself to understand what keto is. this is what i have calculated based off of KAM's formula:

weight - 190
*bf - 20%
*lbm - 158
*GPPD - 237.5
*CFP - 950
*GFPD - 105.5

Key
BF - body fat
LBM - lean body mass
GPPD - grams of protien per day
CFP - calories from protein
GFPD - grams of fat per day.

So based on that should i be eating just a little less than what you eat on a regular basis?

thanks

That's right. That only puts you at 1900 calories which should be enough to help you get in shape. However, if you're lbm is 158 lbs, why not try and get bigger and put on more muscle before dieting?

DrewskiPHX
06-23-08, 11:42 am
That's right. That only puts you at 1900 calories which should be enough to help you get in shape. However, if you're lbm is 158 lbs, why not try and get bigger and put on more muscle before dieting?

thanks evan!

J Wong
06-23-08, 3:07 pm
When you say take nitro with torrent, do you mean swallow the nitro with the torrent? Or take nitro, wait 20 min or so then take torrent?

krazyassmexican
06-24-08, 10:09 am
on july 7 i will cut again for an uknown lap of time
i wanna load on efas, using 2 paks of animal omega a day to load, may come expensive for me, my budget is really fucked up right now.....

question is
is it a good idea to load on omega let's say the second meal and then on 4 and 6 meal to take generic efa pills?

Ox
06-24-08, 10:39 am
i love watchin evan on mdtv... but WHERE CAN I GET THAT MACADAIAMN NUT OIL..

Punch it in online in a google search...I'm sure you can find it somewhere on the net.

Ox
06-24-08, 10:41 am
hey ox i want you to help me with this issue because u always come in ripped and tight.

iam currently at 11% bf at 130lbs and i was wondering what was needed to get to 6-8% bf. iam a rowing athelete i row 6 days per week and bodybuild 3 times per week.

my diet looks like that:
breakfast: cup of oats with milk , honey and cinammon and 5grams aminos.
rowing training
snack: beans and bread
lunch: 3 spoons of rice ,veggies, 2 chicken breasts.
pre workout: 5 grams aminos.
bodybuilding workout
post workout: 10 grams aminos and apple juice
dinner: 3 pieces of meat , veggies , 3 spoons of rice.
before bed: a can of tuna.

any ideas?

Look back in the thread and you will find the info you need to build a diet perfect for your size.

Ox
06-24-08, 10:42 am
When you say take nitro with torrent, do you mean swallow the nitro with the torrent? Or take nitro, wait 20 min or so then take torrent?

I take a pack of Nitro both before and during my workout on an empty stomach and one pack with my Torrent. If I had to take the Nitro one way, by itself on an empty stomach is the way to go.

Ox
06-24-08, 10:43 am
on july 7 i will cut again for an uknown lap of time
i wanna load on efas, using 2 paks of animal omega a day to load, may come expensive for me, my budget is really fucked up right now.....

question is
is it a good idea to load on omega let's say the second meal and then on 4 and 6 meal to take generic efa pills?

I wouldn't take both packs at once. If you're gonna take two a day then space em out. Ex: take with meals 2 + 4.

krazyassmexican
06-24-08, 11:33 am
I wouldn't take both packs at once. If you're gonna take two a day then space em out. Ex: take with meals 2 + 4.

i think i didnt explain myself like i said i wanna load but using 2 paks of omega a day is kinda expensive to me right now, so i was thinkin if taking animal omega at the mean number 2 and then at meal four and 6 take some generic efa pills is still effective

WeeMan
06-24-08, 3:58 pm
I take a pack of Nitro both before and during my workout on an empty stomach and one pack with my Torrent.

does that mean you go into the gym hungry, before you take your supplements?

krazyassmexican
06-24-08, 3:59 pm

if you take a whey shake with oats an hour before workout
and then nitro 15 minutes before the workout

that means empty stomach

WeeMan
06-24-08, 4:19 pm

that means empty stomach

i was asking about Ox personaly.

simpleguy
06-25-08, 1:36 am

that means empty stomach

I know it's Ox's thread so I'm kinda dumb to step in for this lol, but I disagree... 45 min after eating (especially after eating oats, which are very slow absorbing and full of fiber) you're not on a relatively empty stomach at all

krazyassmexican
06-25-08, 9:25 am
I know it's Ox's thread so I'm kinda dumb to step in for this lol, but I disagree... 45 min after eating (especially after eating oats, which are very slow absorbing and full of fiber) you're not on a relatively empty stomach at all

that is what G diesel told me when i asked him how do i take pump on an empty stomach

Ox
06-25-08, 10:25 am
i think i didnt explain myself like i said i wanna load but using 2 paks of omega a day is kinda expensive to me right now, so i was thinkin if taking animal omega at the mean number 2 and then at meal four and 6 take some generic efa pills is still effective

Yeah that's cool.

Ox
06-25-08, 10:26 am

I don't eat about 45 min prior to training.

DrewskiPHX
06-25-08, 12:47 pm
hey Ox,

how you doin man, you've been a real inspiration to me. you don't have a journal or anything that is published cause I would love to read what you went through if you ever struggled and how you surpassed it.

Today is my third day on keto and to be frank with you, I feel fine. I don't have a headache, I don't really feel weak, I don't have that metal taste in my mouth, If anything I just feel a little empty because I have 6 small meals a day. here are my meals

1. 3 egglands best eggs with 1 small chopped up jalepeno and a tsp of tapatio hot sauce
2. 3 scoops of whey protein with a tbsp of peanut butter (is there a huge diff between regular and natty pb because if there is i will get natty next time, its just more expensive and i can't afford things sometimes) mixed with water
3. 6 oz of chicken and half a can of green beans with a tsp of tapatio hot sauce
4. same as meal 2
5. 4- 6 0z of cooked salmon
6. same as meals 2 and 4

so I'm wondering, based on what I'm telling you am i already in ketosis or is this normal for some people or what?

also I had my first "test" yesterday, I came home after 2 hours at the gym working my legs and I see my room mate ordered a large pizza from barro's and just chillin on the couch, he's like "do you want some?" i just said nah and wen't and cooked my salmon.

I totally could have downed that pizza but i decided whats more important, eating pizza or being healthy and ripped?

thanks for your help evan

talk to you later

Ox
06-25-08, 5:10 pm
hey Ox,

how you doin man, you've been a real inspiration to me. you don't have a journal or anything that is published cause I would love to read what you went through if you ever struggled and how you surpassed it.

Today is my third day on keto and to be frank with you, I feel fine. I don't have a headache, I don't really feel weak, I don't have that metal taste in my mouth, If anything I just feel a little empty because I have 6 small meals a day. here are my meals

1. 3 egglands best eggs with 1 small chopped up jalepeno and a tsp of tapatio hot sauce
2. 3 scoops of whey protein with a tbsp of peanut butter (is there a huge diff between regular and natty pb because if there is i will get natty next time, its just more expensive and i can't afford things sometimes) mixed with water
3. 6 oz of chicken and half a can of green beans with a tsp of tapatio hot sauce
4. same as meal 2
5. 4- 6 0z of cooked salmon
6. same as meals 2 and 4

so I'm wondering, based on what I'm telling you am i already in ketosis or is this normal for some people or what?

also I had my first "test" yesterday, I came home after 2 hours at the gym working my legs and I see my room mate ordered a large pizza from barro's and just chillin on the couch, he's like "do you want some?" i just said nah and wen't and cooked my salmon.

I totally could have downed that pizza but i decided whats more important, eating pizza or being healthy and ripped?

thanks for your help evan

talk to you later

Glad to hear it's going good. Definitely opt for the natty PB . IT IS A MUST. The other stuff is all trans fat...no good. You should be in ketosis by this point but you feel better and better as time goes on. Good job w/the pizza. DON"T FUCK UP AND CHEAT! You do that and you will come out of ketosis and you will feel like crap until you get back into it. Trust me, the more strict you are, the better you will look and FEEL. If you have it in your budget, I would really try and get some Animal Omega in there...it works especially well with this diet.

DrewskiPHX
06-25-08, 5:17 pm
Glad to hear it's going good. Definitely opt for the natty PB . IT IS A MUST. The other stuff is all trans fat...no good. You should be in ketosis by this point but you feel better and better as time goes on. Good job w/the pizza. DON"T FUCK UP AND CHEAT! You do that and you will come out of ketosis and you will feel like crap until you get back into it. Trust me, the more strict you are, the better you will look and FEEL. If you have it in your budget, I would really try and get some Animal Omega in there...it works especially well with this diet.

thank you so much for the info, Yeah right now I have pack, cuts, and pump. I'm gonna save the pump until after im finished cutting and then buy nitro and omega as soon as I get back from vacation. Ill buy the natty pb tonight.

TEMPER
06-25-08, 8:54 pm
ive spent about the last hour trying to figure this out.. jumping from website to website, forums to forums and im confused from all the conflicting information ive been reading.. so here i am asking a professional. so here it is:

DEADLIFTS... what is the actual "proper form"
i just recently swtiched from using the hex bar to using a regular straight bar (because ive never seen actual bodybuilders/powerlifters using a hex bar) so today after i did my first set, a navy medical officer (oh, im currently deployed overseas by the way) who was working out about 20 feet away from me told someone to come tell me that im doing deadlifts wrong and that he's not gonna be pissed if i come to medical with back problems...

so how am i supposed to use my legs simultaneously with my lower back to come up and lock out when my knees are in the way, literally. is it really that "bad" for me to have my legs straightened out before my back is? I asked someone else from my unit thats been lifting for a while and what he said was, it doesnt matter if ur using almost all-lower back.. as long as your back doesnt hurt, go for it. is that realli true, as long as i keep my chest out and my back arched?

im lost and in need of instruction cuz i love doing deadlifts, (or what i thought was a real deadlift) and i cant cut it outta my workouts.

teach me please!!

DrewskiPHX
06-26-08, 9:40 am
Hey ox,

This morning I woke up too late to make my normal 3 egg breakfast so I had to rush to mcdonalds and bought 2 sausage and egg mcmuffins. I asked for no cheese then threw the bread out. I know I shouldn't be doing this all the time because its not really "quality" food, but for time emergencies like today, is it ok?

krazyassmexican
06-26-08, 10:46 am
is okra ok as a veggie source?

dyskee
06-26-08, 10:46 am
Look back in the thread and you will find the info you need to build a diet perfect for your size.

hey ox thnx alot man but back in the thread it's about keto and i can't go no carbs i need carbs for energy around workouts time??

ChandlerXJ
06-26-08, 10:52 am
Evan I threw up a progress picture on my journey(s) with an off season comparison... not a monster like you, but if the before and after isn't a testimony to your help and support and diet I don't know what is. Things are tightening up for the next 4.5 weeks - I don't like how in the morning I'm super super dry and at night I'm a little watery after being banged up at the gym and drinking 2-2.5 gallons and all the sodium, but it's not about now it's about the stage. Wish me luck evan, couldn't have done this without you.

DrewskiPHX
06-26-08, 11:57 am
hey ox, also last night I didn't get to drink my last shake and for dinner i had some pork with peppers and onions. malloy informed me that its not good to do that, and I know its bad but i'm not going to compare it with eating shit food. What I want to know is did i screw up my whole week of keto by eating some pork with peppers and onions and not having my last shake of the day? thanks

Prmlb9d3
06-27-08, 7:40 pm
Thanks alot ox i tried your keto diet and it really helped when i was done i had an 8 pack but sadly i lost it 2 months after i went off the diet cuz i started bulking.but lots of thanks to you and everyone else on this forum i really appreciate it guys.keep bustin ass

calcaneous
06-28-08, 11:38 am
first off, thanks for all the diet advice. People at my gym think im on "gear" because of how vascular ive became in the past 3 weeks. Secondly, hows life and training going?

Ox
06-28-08, 6:35 pm
thank you so much for the info, Yeah right now I have pack, cuts, and pump. I'm gonna save the pump until after im finished cutting and then buy nitro and omega as soon as I get back from vacation. Ill buy the natty pb tonight.

Excellent

Ox
06-28-08, 6:38 pm
ive spent about the last hour trying to figure this out.. jumping from website to website, forums to forums and im confused from all the conflicting information ive been reading.. so here i am asking a professional. so here it is:

DEADLIFTS... what is the actual "proper form"
i just recently swtiched from using the hex bar to using a regular straight bar (because ive never seen actual bodybuilders/powerlifters using a hex bar) so today after i did my first set, a navy medical officer (oh, im currently deployed overseas by the way) who was working out about 20 feet away from me told someone to come tell me that im doing deadlifts wrong and that he's not gonna be pissed if i come to medical with back problems...

so how am i supposed to use my legs simultaneously with my lower back to come up and lock out when my knees are in the way, literally. is it really that "bad" for me to have my legs straightened out before my back is? I asked someone else from my unit thats been lifting for a while and what he said was, it doesnt matter if ur using almost all-lower back.. as long as your back doesnt hurt, go for it. is that realli true, as long as i keep my chest out and my back arched?

im lost and in need of instruction cuz i love doing deadlifts, (or what i thought was a real deadlift) and i cant cut it outta my workouts.

teach me please!!

If you're doing deads for back and or legs you want to bend your knees and when your legs are straight your back should be erect. For hams, you would keep your legs straight and not bend the knees. In both cases though, your back should not round over and you should keep your head up and chest out. Hope this helps.

Ox
06-28-08, 6:39 pm
Hey ox,

This morning I woke up too late to make my normal 3 egg breakfast so I had to rush to mcdonalds and bought 2 sausage and egg mcmuffins. I asked for no cheese then threw the bread out. I know I shouldn't be doing this all the time because its not really "quality" food, but for time emergencies like today, is it ok?

If you're serious, it's never okay.

Ox
06-28-08, 6:40 pm
hey ox thnx alot man but back in the thread it's about keto and i can't go no carbs i need carbs for energy around workouts time??

If you do keto then no you do not need carbs around your workout.

Ox
06-28-08, 6:43 pm
Evan I threw up a progress picture on my journey(s) with an off season comparison... not a monster like you, but if the before and after isn't a testimony to your help and support and diet I don't know what is. Things are tightening up for the next 4.5 weeks - I don't like how in the morning I'm super super dry and at night I'm a little watery after being banged up at the gym and drinking 2-2.5 gallons and all the sodium, but it's not about now it's about the stage. Wish me luck evan, couldn't have done this without you.

Just checked out the before and after pics...lookin tight bro! Way to go. Don't let fluctuations in your water from am to pm fuck with your head. You've still go 4 weeks to go right?

Ox
06-28-08, 6:46 pm
hey ox, also last night I didn't get to drink my last shake and for dinner i had some pork with peppers and onions. malloy informed me that its not good to do that, and I know its bad but i'm not going to compare it with eating shit food. What I want to know is did i screw up my whole week of keto by eating some pork with peppers and onions and not having my last shake of the day? thanks

I don't know if you screwed up the whole week or you screwed up a day...it really doesn;t matter. When you decide upon a methodology and diet to follow, you DO NOT DEVIATE. If you do, you're no longer doing THAT diet. If at the end of it your results are less than satisfactory you will unable to successfuly evaluate whenther or not the diet worked/ what you need to change because the results may have been different if there were no fuck ups. So stop fucking up! hahaha

Ox
06-28-08, 6:47 pm
Thanks alot ox i tried your keto diet and it really helped when i was done i had an 8 pack but sadly i lost it 2 months after i went off the diet cuz i started bulking.but lots of thanks to you and everyone else on this forum i really appreciate it guys.keep bustin ass

That's awesome to hear... don't worry about the abs...they're just for show.

simpleguy
06-29-08, 1:48 am
hey Ox, I started the diet 2 weeks ago... first week was kinda bad in terms of... anything lol, but as days went by, I started feeling better and better... 2nd week was great, I've never had so much energy on all the carbs in the world... the problem is, my strength is still waayy down... is this normal at the beginning of the diet? I'm not a powerlifter, nor an ego guy, but was just wondering since everything feels pretty heavy... I mention though I was taking creatine before the diet, and I decided to take a break while on keto, since creatine works better with carbs from what I know

I also have one more question, unfortunately I still can't get Animal Omega anywhere here in this damn country lol (though the local UN told me they're gonna have it in a month or two)... so I was thinking maybe I should just get some regular efa pills till then... found this product, having 400mg fish oil, 400mg flaxseed oil, and 400mg borage oil per pill... so I was thinking to buy it and have like 6 pills a day - do you think that's cool?

thanks for all your help

Lunatic001
06-30-08, 1:48 pm
Ox,

How is the off season coming along? How many weeks out are you going to diet for your pro debut? Just checking in and keeping tabs bro. The least I could do with all the help you have given me. Would it be possible to get your split/routine in the off season? And if we can't get your routine maybe your favorite excersice for each body part? Just to see how your choice of excersices changes or doesn't change when you start dieting. Keep training hard and smart. You look bigger and bigger with each updated pic I see....you will tear up the stage bro...I know that!

thanks,
Lunatic001

simpleguy
06-30-08, 2:07 pm
I also got one more question, hope I'm not a pain in the ass, but who can I trust better in regard to efas then you... so right now I'm using evoo as my heart healthy fat, and I've got no problem with it... so today I was in my local supermarket and my eyes stumbled upon this grapeseed oil... I reckon Dave said it's not as good as evoo or mac nut oil, but just wanted your view on it: so per 100g it had like 10-12 sat fat, 30-35 mono, and 45-50 poli... what really surprised me is that on the label it was also written 'Omega 6/ Omega 3 - 10' (I assume they meant 10g) ... sounds like pretty much to me -which is good- or am I wrong? just wanted to know your opinion, thanks

GJN5002
07-01-08, 10:56 pm
can someone point me to the page where htis is answered because i feel lik eits a common problem, if not then Ox you gotta be the man with the answer.

Ive been doing keto for 2 weeks, i usually carb cycle but i wanted to try something new. Im taking in about 300 g protein and around 100 -110g fat per day at a weight of 185. Im feeling so flat in the gym, my strenght isnt down badly, only 15-20%. Is this just the name of the game or do i need to up some nutrients to make my muscles feel fuller?

thanks in advance.

Ox
07-02-08, 10:26 am
hey Ox, I started the diet 2 weeks ago... first week was kinda bad in terms of... anything lol, but as days went by, I started feeling better and better... 2nd week was great, I've never had so much energy on all the carbs in the world... the problem is, my strength is still waayy down... is this normal at the beginning of the diet? I'm not a powerlifter, nor an ego guy, but was just wondering since everything feels pretty heavy... I mention though I was taking creatine before the diet, and I decided to take a break while on keto, since creatine works better with carbs from what I know

I also have one more question, unfortunately I still can't get Animal Omega anywhere here in this damn country lol (though the local UN told me they're gonna have it in a month or two)... so I was thinking maybe I should just get some regular efa pills till then... found this product, having 400mg fish oil, 400mg flaxseed oil, and 400mg borage oil per pill... so I was thinking to buy it and have like 6 pills a day - do you think that's cool?

thanks for all your help

Usually, most people notics an increase in their strenght with the added fats along with an increase in energy. I wouldn't worry about it. Strength and fullness seem to make a comeback a few weeks into the diet. You can supplement with fish oil and borage oil if you can't find Omega. Do 1000mg of fish oil 3x per day and 1000mg of borage oil 2x per day.

Ox
07-02-08, 10:27 am
Ox,

How is the off season coming along? How many weeks out are you going to diet for your pro debut? Just checking in and keeping tabs bro. The least I could do with all the help you have given me. Would it be possible to get your split/routine in the off season? And if we can't get your routine maybe your favorite excersice for each body part? Just to see how your choice of excersices changes or doesn't change when you start dieting. Keep training hard and smart. You look bigger and bigger with each updated pic I see....you will tear up the stage bro...I know that!

thanks,
Lunatic001

Thanks bro. My split goes like this:

Monday: Quads
Tuesday: Chest + Abs
Wednesday: Off
Thursday: Back
Friday: Arms and Shoulders
Saturday: Hams and Calves

Ox
07-02-08, 10:34 am
I also got one more question, hope I'm not a pain in the ass, but who can I trust better in regard to efas then you... so right now I'm using evoo as my heart healthy fat, and I've got no problem with it... so today I was in my local supermarket and my eyes stumbled upon this grapeseed oil... I reckon Dave said it's not as good as evoo or mac nut oil, but just wanted your view on it: so per 100g it had like 10-12 sat fat, 30-35 mono, and 45-50 poli... what really surprised me is that on the label it was also written 'Omega 6/ Omega 3 - 10' (I assume they meant 10g) ... sounds like pretty much to me -which is good- or am I wrong? just wanted to know your opinion, thanks

so per 100g it had like 10-12 sat fat, 30-35 mono, and 45-50 poli.

That's the problem. Olive oil and mac nut oil are preferable becuase they have a greater amount of monounsaturated fat. Olive oil is better any day of the week and comparable in price. Mac Nut oil is the most expensive but even more preferable. As for the omega-3 10 I don't know what that means. Even if it meant there was 10g of Omega 3s which I don't think it means, it would be ALA, a plant sourced Omega 3 which is inferior to EPA and DHA found in fish. Rely on fish oil for your Omega 3s or a product like Animal Omega. Consume your oils for the monos.

krazyassmexican
07-02-08, 10:36 am
i guess you overlooked my question so i ask you again:
is okra an ok veggie on keto?

Ox
07-02-08, 10:38 am
i guess you overlooked my question so i ask you again:
is okra an ok veggie on keto?

I don't know what okra is.

Ox
07-02-08, 10:39 am
can someone point me to the page where htis is answered because i feel lik eits a common problem, if not then Ox you gotta be the man with the answer.

Ive been doing keto for 2 weeks, i usually carb cycle but i wanted to try something new. Im taking in about 300 g protein and around 100 -110g fat per day at a weight of 185. Im feeling so flat in the gym, my strenght isnt down badly, only 15-20%. Is this just the name of the game or do i need to up some nutrients to make my muscles feel fuller?

thanks in advance.

This happens to me too. My fullness and pumps go to shit for the first3-5 weeks and then all of a sudden they begin to get very intense and my fullness is great. Don't worry...stick with it.

krazyassmexican
07-02-08, 10:40 am
I don't know what okra is.

here's a pic bro
http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/entertainment/dining/reviews/blog/okra.jpg

thanks a lot

Ox
07-02-08, 10:44 am
here's a pic bro
http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/entertainment/dining/reviews/blog/okra.jpg

thanks a lot

What am I supposed to do with a pic? :) I have no clue what the nutrition profile is. Look it up. If it has carbs it's no good for keto!

Ox
07-02-08, 10:46 am
http://www.nutritiondata.com/facts/vegetables-and-vegetable-products/2498/2

According to Nutrition Data it has 4g of carbs...2g sugar and 2g fiber for 8 pieces. I think that if you kept it in small amounts then it's okay.

krazyassmexican
07-02-08, 10:47 am
What am I supposed to do with a pic? :) I have no clue what the nutrition profile is. Look it up. If it has carbs it's no good for keto!

i posted the pic cuz i thought you probably knew it by a different name, sorry

so far i found this
Total Carbohydrate 7.63g 3%
Dietary Fiber 3.2g
that is just for 1 cup

krazyassmexican
07-02-08, 10:49 am
http://www.nutritiondata.com/facts/vegetables-and-vegetable-products/2498/2

According to Nutrition Data it has 4g of carbs...2g sugar and 2g fiber for 8 pieces. I think that if you kept it in small amounts then it's okay.

thanks bro

Lunatic001
07-02-08, 10:53 am
Thanks bro. My split goes like this:

Monday: Quads
Tuesday: Chest + Abs
Wednesday: Off
Thursday: Back
Friday: Arms and Shoulders
Saturday: Hams and Calves

Thanks Ox. Looks like a solid split...will give it a shot.....Another question (here we go again), you stated to save pump for a bulk becuase you need carbs for it to work better. Would you suggest eliminating creatine while on keto? or switch to storm? Also, would EAA stack be good to go for keto to drink throughout the day and add flavor to the water?

Lunatic001

simpleguy
07-02-08, 2:33 pm
Usually, most people notics an increase in their strenght with the added fats along with an increase in energy. I wouldn't worry about it. Strength and fullness seem to make a comeback a few weeks into the diet. You can supplement with fish oil and borage oil if you can't find Omega. Do 1000mg of fish oil 3x per day and 1000mg of borage oil 2x per day.

so per 100g it had like 10-12 sat fat, 30-35 mono, and 45-50 poli.

That's the problem. Olive oil and mac nut oil are preferable becuase they have a greater amount of monounsaturated fat. Olive oil is better any day of the week and comparable in price. Mac Nut oil is the most expensive but even more preferable. As for the omega-3 10 I don't know what that means. Even if it meant there was 10g of Omega 3s which I don't think it means, it would be ALA, a plant sourced Omega 3 which is inferior to EPA and DHA found in fish. Rely on fish oil for your Omega 3s or a product like Animal Omega. Consume your oils for the monos.

thanks for all your help Evan, means so much to me

Weakness
07-02-08, 5:32 pm
Hey Ox,

What do you think about this program? I took it in the main page of AnimaPak, wondering if things have changed. I'm a beginner, 6'' 145lbs. What is the %1RM would you recommend?

Chest
• Bench Presses: 3 Warmup Sets
• Bench Presses: 3 Sets
• Incline Dumbbell Bench Presses: 3 Sets
• Incline Flyes: 3 Sets

Biceps:
• Barbell Curls: 3 Sets
• Dumbbell Curls: 3 Sets
• Concentration Curls: 3 Sets

Tuesday: Legs

• Stationary bike, 10 minutes, warm up

Hamstrings
• Seated Leg Curls: 3 Sets
• Stiff-Leg Deadlifts: 3 Sets
• One-Leg Leg Curls: 3 Sets

Quads: 9 Sets
• Squats: 3 Sets
• Leg Presses: 3 Sets
• Leg Extensions: 3 Sets

Wednesday: OFF

Thursday:

Back: 18 Sets
• Pullups: 3 Sets, Warmup
• Barbell Rows: 3 Sets
• Seated Rows: 3 Sets
• One-Arm Dumbbell Rows: 3 Sets
• Deadlifts: 3 Sets
• Barbell Shrugs: 3 Sets

Friday: OFF

Saturday:
Shoulders: 12 Sets
• Dumbbell Presses: 3 Sets, Warmup
• Dumbbell Presses: 3 Sets
• Front Barbell Presses: 3 Sets
• Bent-Over Dumbbell Laterals: 3 Sets

Triceps: 9 Sets
• Cable Pushdowns ("V" Bar): 3 Sets
• Close-Grip Bench Presses: 3 Sets
• Overhead Dumbbell Presses: 3 Sets

Sunday: OFF

Lunatic001
07-02-08, 8:47 pm
Ox,

I was on the MD website and I came accros your thread over there and let me tell you. You really take the time to help everyone and I am on page 22 right know and I have found answers to questions I have had lingering in my head. Very thorough honest answers. Just wanted to give you props bro and tell you that I won't post any question until I am done reading your MD thread because I am pretty sure it has already been asked and I will find it there or here. Keep up the good work, and I will do as you say, I will find balance in what I do day in and day out......

Thanks,
Lunatic001

Thetasteofink69
07-03-08, 12:00 pm
Hey Evan

These might sound like stupid questions, but it's stuff i've been wondering about.. Just wondering, whenever you're cutting for a show, do you buy tuna in water, or oil for the extra fat? And whenever you prepare it, do you use a lite mayonnaise such as miracle whip, or just regular?

Also, I know butter should try to be avoided just because it's high in unhealthy fats, but how do you feel about stuff like Smart Balance butter? It's supposedly made with extra virgin olive oil.. It's got 2g Saturated, 2g Poly, and 3g Mono per serving.. It's also supposed to have omega 3's, but I know not to count on it as a source for them

By the way.. I was one of the winners for the "Young Gunz" autographed picture promo.. Thanks for taking the time to sign those man

ChandlerXJ
07-03-08, 1:30 pm
Evan - I know you like dieting with plain ass chicken with sea salt... but you HAVE GOT to try this bro... if you like spicy, and amazing food, which I'm hoping you do, this will change your live!

Taco Style Chicken...

Grill up some chicken plain, don't season it...

In a small seasoning dish mix:

1 tbsp. chili powder
2 tsp. onion powder
1 tsp. each ground cumin, garlic powder, paprika, powdered oregano and (2 packets) splenda or stevia!!!
1/2 tsp. sea salt

Take a small tuperware, put a few teaspoons of the mixed seasoning in, throw in a few pieces of chicken, SHAKE... take chicken out, continue until you've covered all your chicken! This mix will make a shit load of seasoning...

Evan I am telling you man, if you don't try this I'll be dissapointed! And you're off season, so serve it with some rice mixed with the same seasoning in a whole wheat tortilla with some salsa!

FUCKING AWESOME - AMAZING I CAN'T DESCRIBE THIS!

3 weeks out this weekend!!!

Ox
07-03-08, 3:53 pm
Thanks Ox. Looks like a solid split...will give it a shot.....Another question (here we go again), you stated to save pump for a bulk becuase you need carbs for it to work better. Would you suggest eliminating creatine while on keto? or switch to storm? Also, would EAA stack be good to go for keto to drink throughout the day and add flavor to the water?

Lunatic001

I think aminos and EFAs are far more important when doing keto. I would prefer to load up on Nitro and EAA stack through training and throughout the day. Maybe a quick hit of storm but otherwise, Nitro and Omega are like gold when you're doing keto.

Ox
07-03-08, 3:53 pm
thanks for all your help Evan, means so much to me

Not at all bro.

Ox
07-03-08, 3:54 pm
Hey Ox,

What do you think about this program? I took it in the main page of AnimaPak, wondering if things have changed. I'm a beginner, 6'' 145lbs. What is the %1RM would you recommend?

Chest
• Bench Presses: 3 Warmup Sets
• Bench Presses: 3 Sets
• Incline Dumbbell Bench Presses: 3 Sets
• Incline Flyes: 3 Sets

Biceps:
• Barbell Curls: 3 Sets
• Dumbbell Curls: 3 Sets
• Concentration Curls: 3 Sets

Tuesday: Legs

• Stationary bike, 10 minutes, warm up

Hamstrings
• Seated Leg Curls: 3 Sets
• Stiff-Leg Deadlifts: 3 Sets
• One-Leg Leg Curls: 3 Sets

Quads: 9 Sets
• Squats: 3 Sets
• Leg Presses: 3 Sets
• Leg Extensions: 3 Sets

Wednesday: OFF

Thursday:

Back: 18 Sets
• Pullups: 3 Sets, Warmup
• Barbell Rows: 3 Sets
• Seated Rows: 3 Sets
• One-Arm Dumbbell Rows: 3 Sets
• Deadlifts: 3 Sets
• Barbell Shrugs: 3 Sets

Friday: OFF

Saturday:
Shoulders: 12 Sets
• Dumbbell Presses: 3 Sets, Warmup
• Dumbbell Presses: 3 Sets
• Front Barbell Presses: 3 Sets
• Bent-Over Dumbbell Laterals: 3 Sets

Triceps: 9 Sets
• Cable Pushdowns ("V" Bar): 3 Sets
• Close-Grip Bench Presses: 3 Sets
• Overhead Dumbbell Presses: 3 Sets

Sunday: OFF

I think it looks like a really solid split.

Ox
07-03-08, 3:55 pm
Ox,

I was on the MD website and I came accros your thread over there and let me tell you. You really take the time to help everyone and I am on page 22 right know and I have found answers to questions I have had lingering in my head. Very thorough honest answers. Just wanted to give you props bro and tell you that I won't post any question until I am done reading your MD thread because I am pretty sure it has already been asked and I will find it there or here. Keep up the good work, and I will do as you say, I will find balance in what I do day in and day out......

Thanks,
Lunatic001

I try...thanks man for the kind words and thanks for reading it! Good luck bro.

Ox
07-03-08, 3:59 pm
Hey Evan

These might sound like stupid questions, but it's stuff i've been wondering about.. Just wondering, whenever you're cutting for a show, do you buy tuna in water, or oil for the extra fat? And whenever you prepare it, do you use a lite mayonnaise such as miracle whip, or just regular?

Also, I know butter should try to be avoided just because it's high in unhealthy fats, but how do you feel about stuff like Smart Balance butter? It's supposedly made with extra virgin olive oil.. It's got 2g Saturated, 2g Poly, and 3g Mono per serving.. It's also supposed to have omega 3's, but I know not to count on it as a source for them

By the way.. I was one of the winners for the "Young Gunz" autographed picture promo.. Thanks for taking the time to sign those man

I avoid canned tuna. Even the low sodium ones don't sit well with. I don't eat anything out of a can unless it's a Pak. If you are going to eat it, mix it with some mac nut oil or olive oil and or vinegar. No mayo. And miracle whip is worse. Smart balance butter is shit. If you want butter then have butter. Otherwise stick to heart healhty fats like olive oils and mac nut oil. Congrats on the poster :)

Ox
07-03-08, 4:00 pm
Evan - I know you like dieting with plain ass chicken with sea salt... but you HAVE GOT to try this bro... if you like spicy, and amazing food, which I'm hoping you do, this will change your live!

Taco Style Chicken...

Grill up some chicken plain, don't season it...

In a small seasoning dish mix:

1 tbsp. chili powder
2 tsp. onion powder
1 tsp. each ground cumin, garlic powder, paprika, powdered oregano and (2 packets) splenda or stevia!!!
1/2 tsp. sea salt

Take a small tuperware, put a few teaspoons of the mixed seasoning in, throw in a few pieces of chicken, SHAKE... take chicken out, continue until you've covered all your chicken! This mix will make a shit load of seasoning...

Evan I am telling you man, if you don't try this I'll be dissapointed! And you're off season, so serve it with some rice mixed with the same seasoning in a whole wheat tortilla with some salsa!

FUCKING AWESOME - AMAZING I CAN'T DESCRIBE THIS!

3 weeks out this weekend!!!

Damn doggy...that does sound good! I will give it a try. Thanks buddy.

ChandlerXJ
07-03-08, 4:26 pm
Damn doggy...that does sound good! I will give it a try. Thanks buddy.

you will not be disappointed!!! make sure you post back and let us know!

I'm gonna use this seasoning mix a whole bunch in the off season, I'm getting sick of italian seasonings, pepper, etc... this is a fresh kick!

Oh, and evan, I really appreciate all the help man, 3 weeks to dial it in! I will keep you posted!

Lunatic001
07-03-08, 5:15 pm
I think aminos and EFAs are far more important when doing keto. I would prefer to load up on Nitro and EAA stack through training and throughout the day. Maybe a quick hit of storm but otherwise, Nitro and Omega are like gold when you're doing keto.

I try...thanks man for the kind words and thanks for reading it! Good luck bro.

Thanks for your advice bro. Really appreciate it. Well 2 more questions. I will be following your split as you posted previously but arms+delts on the same day is new to me. What excercises do you recommend for that day? and when are you visiting the West Coast?

Thanks,
Lunatic001

T.Alan
07-04-08, 4:06 pm
Evan,

I'm going to start week 16 on Monday, and as I sit right now I have some loose skin and water thats tightening up by the day but you can see the outline of my abs. I didn't think I'd get to this point.. thank you again for your advice. If I didn't increase my cardio when you said I'd have been screwed. I'm fine with not being shredded to the bone because I'm not trying to compete this time around, but I want to have a short carb load as soon as I'm done so I can actually have some real fullness again.

My last time around I stuck to my diet food for about 75% of my meals but just added some brown rice, the other 25% was like pancakes & oats with breakfast, mexican food and a non sugar free energy drink before training.

I did that for 5 days and rebounded with 13 lbs, and was close to as lean as when I started.

I want to keep my my condition this time around but get the max rebound possible, so what do you suggest?

calcaneous
07-05-08, 7:46 pm
Hey ox,

How long should someone do cardio per session till they need to lower the total amount of calories in order to continue to lose weight?

houseofpain
07-05-08, 10:57 pm
Evan-

How's it going man? Good to see you at Gold's today, I always seem to miss you by a couple minutes. Anyway...chest training. I know your chest has always given you trouble as far as growth goes, and mine does too. I've tried everything...pre exhaustion, super sets, drop sets, you name it. It's very difficult to make grow. I eat my face off and I started m-stak a week ago. supps are:

Pak-morning
real gains-during the day
m-stak- lunch
EAA nitro-PWO
nitro and omega-bed

Hoping you can help me out. Thanks in advance dude.

simpleguy
07-06-08, 7:05 am
hey Evan, I'm thinking of trying some clean pancakes for my next cheat meal (oats, some fruit, pb)... the problem is I can't get macnut oil here, and it's too expensive even if I tried with amazon.com... I know extra virgin olive oil is a bad choice for cooking, so I bought today this 'olio di sansa di oliva'... let me know, at least for a cheat meal, am I fine to cook with it?

Thetasteofink69
07-07-08, 11:49 am
I avoid canned tuna. Even the low sodium ones don't sit well with. I don't eat anything out of a can unless it's a Pak. If you are going to eat it, mix it with some mac nut oil or olive oil and or vinegar. No mayo. And miracle whip is worse. Smart balance butter is shit. If you want butter then have butter. Otherwise stick to heart healhty fats like olive oils and mac nut oil. Congrats on the poster :)

Awesome man thanks.. One more question.. I've decided to go keto, because I've heard nothing but good things about it, so I figure why not.. I'm looking to shed a little body fat.. Nothing major, just trying to get rid of the little bit of belly I've had my entire life..

I'm currently 6'0, 182 lbs, and I'm guessing around 13-15% body fat.. I'm really not sure how many calories I need to maintain my weight because it changes so frequently.. I know my metabolism is fast as hell though

I read the diet that dave palumbo said he put together for you.. It seems pretty simple and I think it would fit me well.. I know it's older than the one you use now, but I went ahead and broke it down and it came out something like this..

Meal 1: 6 whole eggs (Omega 3 eggs) (420 Calories, 30g fat, 36g protein)
Meal 2: 8oz chicken, 1/3 cup macadamia nuts (635 Calories, 33g fat, 67g protein)
Meal 3: 50g Iso whey, 2 tbsp peanut butter (380 calories, 16g fat, 58g protein, 6g carb)
Meal 4: 8oz chicken, 1/3 cup macadamia nuts (635 Calories, 33g fat, 67g protein)
Meal 5: 8 oz steak, 2 cups broccoli, 2 tbsp olive oil (750 calories, 55g fat, 66g protein,
12g carbs)
Meal 6: 50g Iso whey, 2 tbsp peanut butter (380 calories, 16g fat, 58g protein, 6g carb)

Total Calories: 3200 Total Fat: 183g Total Protein: 352g Total Carbs: 24g

So I want to follow the diet, but there's probably more protein than I need.. I'm not sure about the fat though.. So how do you think I could modify it to work right for me?

I also plan to switch my current stack from Pak+Pump+Storm+EAA Stack to Pak+Omega+Nitro+EAA Stack

Any other tips are appreciated to.. Thanks for your time bro, I really appreciate it

mgmmaze
07-08-08, 11:50 am
Hey OX i seen ya in the new MD from the Germany Show dude you Vinny and Lad looking mad huge bet the people over there loved ya.

Ox
07-08-08, 3:11 pm
Thanks for your advice bro. Really appreciate it. Well 2 more questions. I will be following your split as you posted previously but arms+delts on the same day is new to me. What excercises do you recommend for that day? and when are you visiting the West Coast?

Thanks,
Lunatic001

I suggest you do whatever arm exercises you like/usually do. I don't know when I'll be on the West coast...as of right now it doesn't look like anytime soon.

Ox
07-08-08, 3:13 pm
hey Evan, I'm thinking of trying some clean pancakes for my next cheat meal (oats, some fruit, pb)... the problem is I can't get macnut oil here, and it's too expensive even if I tried with amazon.com... I know extra virgin olive oil is a bad choice for cooking, so I bought today this 'olio di sansa di oliva'... let me know, at least for a cheat meal, am I fine to cook with it?

I don't know what 'olio di sansa di oliva' is. It sounds like oil without olive oil. Depends on what kind of oil it DOES contain. Avocado oil is a good choice also. If not, just cook with regular (not extra virgin) olive oil.

Ox
07-08-08, 3:15 pm
Awesome man thanks.. One more question.. I've decided to go keto, because I've heard nothing but good things about it, so I figure why not.. I'm looking to shed a little body fat.. Nothing major, just trying to get rid of the little bit of belly I've had my entire life..

I'm currently 6'0, 182 lbs, and I'm guessing around 13-15% body fat.. I'm really not sure how many calories I need to maintain my weight because it changes so frequently.. I know my metabolism is fast as hell though

I read the diet that dave palumbo said he put together for you.. It seems pretty simple and I think it would fit me well.. I know it's older than the one you use now, but I went ahead and broke it down and it came out something like this..

Meal 1: 6 whole eggs (Omega 3 eggs) (420 Calories, 30g fat, 36g protein)
Meal 2: 8oz chicken, 1/3 cup macadamia nuts (635 Calories, 33g fat, 67g protein)
Meal 3: 50g Iso whey, 2 tbsp peanut butter (380 calories, 16g fat, 58g protein, 6g carb)
Meal 4: 8oz chicken, 1/3 cup macadamia nuts (635 Calories, 33g fat, 67g protein)
Meal 5: 8 oz steak, 2 cups broccoli, 2 tbsp olive oil (750 calories, 55g fat, 66g protein,
12g carbs)
Meal 6: 50g Iso whey, 2 tbsp peanut butter (380 calories, 16g fat, 58g protein, 6g carb)

Total Calories: 3200 Total Fat: 183g Total Protein: 352g Total Carbs: 24g

So I want to follow the diet, but there's probably more protein than I need.. I'm not sure about the fat though.. So how do you think I could modify it to work right for me?

I also plan to switch my current stack from Pak+Pump+Storm+EAA Stack to Pak+Omega+Nitro+EAA Stack

Any other tips are appreciated to.. Thanks for your time bro, I really appreciate it

You've go the right idea but it will be too much food/too many calories for you. Back in the thread there is a formula for how to adjust the diet based on your size. You do 1g of protien per pound of LEAN body mass and then you do an equal number of CALORIES (not grams) from fat. The modified stak is PERFECT. Just make sure you're using a high quality isolate like IsoWhey for your shakes.

Ox
07-08-08, 3:17 pm
Hey OX i seen ya in the new MD from the Germany Show dude you Vinny and Lad looking mad huge bet the people over there loved ya.

Germany and Poland were awesome...the people were great. I can't wait to go back!

simpleguy
07-08-08, 3:19 pm
I don't know what 'olio di sansa di oliva' is. It sounds like oil without olive oil. Depends on what kind of oil it DOES contain. Avocado oil is a good choice also. If not, just cook with regular (not extra virgin) olive oil.

yeah it's regular oil... not extra virgin... still rich in monos (69/100), and less polys (7-9/100 or so)

Lunatic001
07-08-08, 4:04 pm
I suggest you do whatever arm exercises you like/usually do. I don't know when I'll be on the West coast...as of right now it doesn't look like anytime soon.

Will do and I hope whenever you do come you would let us know..

Thanks,
Lunatic001

Thetasteofink69
07-08-08, 8:54 pm
You've go the right idea but it will be too much food/too many calories for you. Back in the thread there is a formula for how to adjust the diet based on your size. You do 1g of protien per pound of LEAN body mass and then you do an equal number of CALORIES (not grams) from fat. The modified stak is PERFECT. Just make sure you're using a high quality isolate like IsoWhey for your shakes.

Yeah the whey is a given..

That's all the calories though? Holy hell, for me that would mean like 1300 calories.. Plus cardio that's like 800-100?.. When I bulk I take in at least 3500 calories..

Assuming what I broke down your diet correctly, if I'm anywhere near right with the protein then that doesn't seem to make sense.. Because, assuming my definition of lean body mass is the same as yours, then your LBM isn't 350lbs.. I know you're on a completely different level then I am and comparing my diet to your diet is almost useless, but I just can't fathom only taking in 1300 calories

simpleguy
07-09-08, 1:01 am
Yeah the whey is a given..

That's all the calories though? Holy hell, for me that would mean like 1300 calories.. Plus cardio that's like 800-100?.. When I bulk I take in at least 3500 calories..

Assuming what I broke down your diet correctly, if I'm anywhere near right with the protein then that doesn't seem to make sense.. Because, assuming my definition of lean body mass is the same as yours, then your LBM isn't 350lbs.. I know you're on a completely different level then I am and comparing my diet to your diet is almost useless, but I just can't fathom only taking in 1300 calories

well, you wouldn't be at 1300... your lbm is about similar to mine... around 150-155 I didn't use a calculator just estimated so feel free to use one if you want to find out exactly

at 150 lbm, the formula gets you to 225g of protein a day and 100g of fat a day... with the trace carbs you get naturally in your diet, you'll be getting around 1900-2000 cals

Thetasteofink69
07-09-08, 1:24 am
well, you wouldn't be at 1300... your lbm is about similar to mine... around 150-155 I didn't use a calculator just estimated so feel free to use one if you want to find out exactly

at 150 lbm, the formula gets you to 225g of protein a day and 100g of fat a day... with the trace carbs you get naturally in your diet, you'll be getting around 1900-2000 cals

How do you figure that? According to Evan its 1g for every pound of LBM.. 150 lbs of LBM=150g of protein=600 calories.. Double that for the calories from fat and you get 1200 calories

simpleguy
07-09-08, 1:36 am
How do you figure that? According to Evan its 1g for every pound of LBM.. 150 lbs of LBM=150g of protein=600 calories.. Double that for the calories from fat and you get 1200 calories

unless he has changed his formula, I (and other animals on this board) always knew it was 1.5 gr of protein per lbm... cals from fat exactly the same as cals from protein

Ox
07-09-08, 9:08 am

My bad bro...go with 1.5g of protein/lb.

ChandlerXJ
07-09-08, 9:33 am
Did you try the taco-seasoning mix? Works really good in my red meat meal, mixed in that like 97% ground beef... tastes amazing... can't wait to have an 8 oz homemade one, with more fat content, stuffed with gorgonzola... after the show of course.

Thetasteofink69
07-09-08, 11:45 am
My bad bro...go with 1.5g of protein/lb.

Ah.. Okay that makes a lot more sense.. Thanks man.. Just to confirm what I think, as long as I'm getting my required amount of protein and fat then I'm doing all I can (aside from supplements) to prevent losing muscle right? Like as long as I get my protein and fat per portions right then calories don't really matter?

And how much cardio would you recommend I do?

I hear a lot of guys like "Yeah I lost 7 pounds the first week"... What should I really expect? I know there's gonna be some water weight loss.. I just know if I lose more than 2 pounds a week I'm gonna freak out, so I'd like to know what's normal for the first couple of weeks

mgmmaze
07-09-08, 2:13 pm
Germany and Poland were awesome...the people were great. I can't wait to go back!

Damn it you got to go to Poland i think I'm the only one in my family who hasnt been there im the first generation american and i always seem to be on deployment when my family goes im going damn it but that is awsome man good to get the Animal word overseas. and good luck in your pro debut next year right from what i remember

krazyassmexican
07-10-08, 7:39 pm
Ah.. Okay that makes a lot more sense.. Thanks man.. Just to confirm what I think, as long as I'm getting my required amount of protein and fat then I'm doing all I can (aside from supplements) to prevent losing muscle right? Like as long as I get my protein and fat per portions right then calories don't really matter?

I hear a lot of guys like "Yeah I lost 7 pounds the first week"... What should I really expect? I know there's gonna be some water weight loss.. I just know if I lose more than 2 pounds a week I'm gonna freak out, so I'd like to know what's normal for the first couple of weeks

from what evan has been tellin us it is normal to lose up to 10lbs a week the first 2 weeks (not that u are going to)
either way dont freak out is all water

krazyassmexican
07-10-08, 7:42 pm
evan i have a probably dumb question, first time i did the diet i felt really fucked up for like a week and would be hungry after i ate for 2 weeks and i craved big time for sugars and shit

i am on my 4th day of the diet
and so far only the first 2 days i have headaches other than that i feel normal and better than ever, could it be that my body is loving this or i am not on keto yet? lol

as far as carbs i am gettin 1oz of cashews, 6tbsps of natty pb a day, 1cup of green beans and 1serving of sugar free metamucil, my protein intake and fat are to the point

Ox
07-11-08, 9:05 am
Did you try the taco-seasoning mix? Works really good in my red meat meal, mixed in that like 97% ground beef... tastes amazing... can't wait to have an 8 oz homemade one, with more fat content, stuffed with gorgonzola... after the show of course.

Not yet bro but I will! Stuffed w/ gorgonzola sounds good...isn't it crazy how all you do is fantasize about food when you diet...hang on there!

Ox
07-11-08, 9:07 am

Trust me, you wont lose muscle on this diet. I would start with 30 min of cardio 5 times a week. In the beggining you do dump a lot of water quickly but that stabilizes after 1-2 weeks depending on your size. Anywhere from 5-20 lbs is possible.

Ox
07-11-08, 9:08 am
Damn it you got to go to Poland i think I'm the only one in my family who hasnt been there im the first generation american and i always seem to be on deployment when my family goes im going damn it but that is awsome man good to get the Animal word overseas. and good luck in your pro debut next year right from what i remember

Poland is good shit. I'm looking forward to next year too...thanks bro.

Ox
07-11-08, 9:09 am
evan i have a probably dumb question, first time i did the diet i felt really fucked up for like a week and would be hungry after i ate for 2 weeks and i craved big time for sugars and shit

i am on my 4th day of the diet
and so far only the first 2 days i have headaches other than that i feel normal and better than ever, could it be that my body is loving this or i am not on keto yet? lol

as far as carbs i am gettin 1oz of cashews, 6tbsps of natty pb a day, 1cup of green beans and 1serving of sugar free metamucil, my protein intake and fat are to the point

Your body is just making the transition...stick with it. Throw in some extra Nitro if you have it.

ChandlerXJ
07-11-08, 9:19 am
Evan - we know what you do for legs, back, arms... what are your chest and delt workouts looking like these days? I read that you're not feeling DB's because they can get dangerous at heavy weights and I couldn't agree more - I've got the kiss of death, I spotted at least 3 people who have torn their shoulders doing overhead presses - I stop at 100's.

How are you training your delts without DB's?

2 weeks to go man, I can't believe how fast this goes! I loved every second of this diet man, I still feel great - I can't wait to grow though!

krazyassmexican
07-11-08, 9:29 am
Your body is just making the transition...stick with it. Throw in some extra Nitro if you have it.

thanks bro

Thetasteofink69
07-11-08, 7:25 pm
Trust me, you wont lose muscle on this diet. I would start with 30 min of cardio 5 times a week. In the beggining you do dump a lot of water quickly but that stabilizes after 1-2 weeks depending on your size. Anywhere from 5-20 lbs is possible.

Alright sweet

Thanks for all your help Evan, I really appreciate it.. I'm pumped about this shit.. I'll keep you posted man

B-Train
07-11-08, 8:13 pm
Hey Ox,

I just wanted to thank you for the time you have spent answering questions here. I've had pretty good results using the keto diet and my 16 weeks is almost up. My goal was to reach 5-7% bf but I way underestimated the amount of fat I had when I first started the diet, or rather the time it would take to get rid of what I had(started at 227lb at 25-30%). Is a month with a 1:1:1 ratio of fats, protein and carbs long enough to reset my body? If my goal is continued fat loss do I just keep up with the cardio(1hr. a day) and eat clean or should I not worry about fat loss for a little while? Thanks for your time.

Ryan

The Tank
07-13-08, 1:05 am
Ox,

I'm going to do a keto diet in a couple of weeks and I was wondering if for a meal replacement shake do you think a whey protein shake with some EVOO to slow down absorbtion (plus the added fats) would be ok or would it be better a casein protein shake?

Really appreciate what your doing, taking the time to answer all of our questions here

Thanks a lot bro,

The Tank

xpn
07-13-08, 10:06 pm
sup evan? first i want to told you that you're one of my favorite bodybuilder and i can't wait to see you on stage again (new-york pro 2009 yeah!!!), Second, i want to know if it's in your project to did a dvd beaucose we don't see alot of think about you (only mdtv and youtube) thank you! peace.

Ox
07-15-08, 10:47 am
Evan - we know what you do for legs, back, arms... what are your chest and delt workouts looking like these days? I read that you're not feeling DB's because they can get dangerous at heavy weights and I couldn't agree more - I've got the kiss of death, I spotted at least 3 people who have torn their shoulders doing overhead presses - I stop at 100's.

How are you training your delts without DB's?

2 weeks to go man, I can't believe how fast this goes! I loved every second of this diet man, I still feel great - I can't wait to grow though!

Well I'm still using dumbells for lateral movements just not pressing movements...they just get too unmanageable. I'll pick from a varitey of exercises for delts...barbell press, upright rows, and various dumbell movements. Only 2 weeks...stay tough. How are you lookin right now?

Ox
07-15-08, 10:50 am
Hey Ox,

I just wanted to thank you for the time you have spent answering questions here. I've had pretty good results using the keto diet and my 16 weeks is almost up. My goal was to reach 5-7% bf but I way underestimated the amount of fat I had when I first started the diet, or rather the time it would take to get rid of what I had(started at 227lb at 25-30%). Is a month with a 1:1:1 ratio of fats, protein and carbs long enough to reset my body? If my goal is continued fat loss do I just keep up with the cardio(1hr. a day) and eat clean or should I not worry about fat loss for a little while? Thanks for your time.

Ryan

Ryan-

I would shoot to maintain what you've accomplished for a couple months. You could keep going if you want to but I'd rather see you give your body a rest. I would do a 1:1 ratio of protein to fat and maybe take in half the amount of calories in carbs. For example: if you take in 300g of protein each day, shoot for 150g of carbs divided over 6 meals. Just eat clean. I would drop the cardio back to 1/2 hour per day and then ramp it back up in a couple months when you start up again.

Ox
07-15-08, 10:51 am
Ox,

I'm going to do a keto diet in a couple of weeks and I was wondering if for a meal replacement shake do you think a whey protein shake with some EVOO to slow down absorbtion (plus the added fats) would be ok or would it be better a casein protein shake?

Really appreciate what your doing, taking the time to answer all of our questions here

Thanks a lot bro,

The Tank

I definitely think that Whey+ olive oil or mac nut oil or peanut butter is far better than a casein shake.

Ox
07-15-08, 10:52 am
sup evan? first i want to told you that you're one of my favorite bodybuilder and i can't wait to see you on stage again (new-york pro 2009 yeah!!!), Second, i want to know if it's in your project to did a dvd beaucose we don't see alot of think about you (only mdtv and youtube) thank you! peace.

I get a lot of people asking me this and I would like to I just haven't given it a whole lot of thought. It'll happen :)

saiyuki911
07-15-08, 5:51 pm
Can someone help me set up a keto diet? I weigh 198 pounds, 5'11. I have some muscle but when i took a 6 month break due to my spine, I got fat as FUCK! I have a bunch of low carb shit in the fridge, but not really sure how to organize it into meals...

thanks

mikejones1
07-15-08, 7:27 pm
ox what is your take on vanadyl sulfate and ALA? are those 2 supplements you take regularly? and why or why not? i find these 2 supplements very beneficial and can help me when i bulk again. just wondering what your thoughts are.

simpleguy
07-16-08, 3:08 pm
ox what is your take on vanadyl sulfate and ALA? are those 2 supplements you take regularly? and why or why not? i find these 2 supplements very beneficial and can help me when i bulk again. just wondering what your thoughts are.

really curios to find out as well... I think also chromium picolinate or polynicotinate should be on that list too

SizeMatters
07-17-08, 12:03 am
I get a lot of people asking me this and I would like to I just haven't given it a whole lot of thought. It'll happen :)

needs to be SOONER rather then LATER big mannn

Ox
07-17-08, 10:03 am
Can someone help me set up a keto diet? I weigh 198 pounds, 5'11. I have some muscle but when i took a 6 month break due to my spine, I got fat as FUCK! I have a bunch of low carb shit in the fridge, but not really sure how to organize it into meals...

thanks

Hey man...if you skim back through the thread you will see everything from how to figure out your macros to what people are eating/how they are organizing their foods and supps. Everyhting you need is right here. If you don't find what you're looking for let me know....good luck bro.

Ox
07-17-08, 10:05 am

I know both are supposed to affect carbohydrate metabolism/insulin. I never really experimented with either one to be honest with you. But from what I here ALA works well while vanadyl sulfate is supposedly outdated. Just going by what I've heard cuz I don't have any firsthand experience.

ChandlerXJ
07-17-08, 10:08 am
Only 2 weeks...stay tough. How are you lookin right now?

thanks for the support ev, I think I am looking pretty good - I never think anyone gets as lean as they want to but I am definitly making progress by the minute - it's like the last 4 weeks have CRAZY for progress, I have no idea why!

Any tips on what I should eat the day of / how much? I am gonna hit 35 carbs / meal thursday, probably 35-40 friday...

Sat I have to leave my house at 5:45 - show is 2 hours away, drug test at 830... show starts at 1030...

I just want to make sure I have all my bases covered

Evan, seriously, can't thank you enough for all the help and the support, I hope I can show everyone what your diet and advice can do... I've learned so much man, can't wait to grow and do it all over again!

Enforcer
07-17-08, 10:09 am
Looking forward to the NJ ABC on the 26th bro

throwermuscle
07-17-08, 1:43 pm
yo ox... im having some trouble gaining some size on my forearms...any ideas how i could get it growing?

mikejones1
07-19-08, 12:10 pm
I take mine (I use 3 packets PWO) with 3 scoops of torrent. The idea is to take the aminos with a glycemic carbohydrate so that you spike your insulin. Once your insulin is spiked (since insulin is a storage hormane and very anabolic) the aminos get shuttled or driven into the muscle cells where they are needed. It's very effective especially since the aminos in Nitro don't get cannibalized by the liver and enter the bloodstream in no time. So to answer your question, do not use water. While grape juice is ok, you could use other juice or gatorade. Torrent works excellent because of the waxy maize starch pretty much bypasses the stomach (because of it's high molecular weight)and hits you almost instantly. Plus there's glucose in the formulation and you can;t get more glycemic than glucose. More glycemic = better insulin spike = aminos and glycogen get to the muscles more efficiently = better recuperation + anabolism. Just make sure nyou don; take it with a proetin shake because that will screw up it's ability to bypass the liver etc. Wait about a half hour or 45 min to hit your protein shake. Oh I almost forgot, I hit a dose of OKG along with my PWO supps. Ornithine Ketoglutarate is an amino that optimizes your body's ability to handle glucose. I don't know of any company that still produces it besides Universal. Ahhh. The hardcore basics that work. Tried and true. No bullshit.

so ox with this do you think it would be smart to take nitro 15/20 before you workout ends and then slam the protein shake pwo?

on MD TV i saw you take a pack of nitro while you were working out with water. was this because you were on a cut? (no sugars)

or would it be better to take nitro once completely done with your workout? or does it no matter/preference?

i just personally feel getting that whey flowing through your muscles is extremely important and dont like the idea of waiting 30min after taking nitro.

joe-yamma
07-20-08, 7:18 pm
hey evan, good meeting you at the Masters...
pm me next time you're going to be in pittsburgh and i can line up some good off-season eats for you.
did you make it to primanti's? haha

i thought i'd throw that pic of you and erik in here:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v259/joe-yamma/Animal%20Pak/Steel%20City%20ABC%20July%2020%202008/ABCPittsburgh7-20-2008002.jpg

Polish Prince
07-20-08, 11:11 pm
good seein u at nationals, looks like you've put on some insane gains!

Ox
07-21-08, 10:46 am
thanks for the support ev, I think I am looking pretty good - I never think anyone gets as lean as they want to but I am definitly making progress by the minute - it's like the last 4 weeks have CRAZY for progress, I have no idea why!

Any tips on what I should eat the day of / how much? I am gonna hit 35 carbs / meal thursday, probably 35-40 friday...

Sat I have to leave my house at 5:45 - show is 2 hours away, drug test at 830... show starts at 1030...

I just want to make sure I have all my bases covered

Evan, seriously, can't thank you enough for all the help and the support, I hope I can show everyone what your diet and advice can do... I've learned so much man, can't wait to grow and do it all over again!

A lot happens the last few weeks! As for the day of the show, just eat what you ate on friday more or less. I like to drop the protein a little...I go from 8 oz to 5 oz. Just take in some protein, carbs, and maybe a little PB every 2-3 hours.

Ox
07-21-08, 10:46 am
Looking forward to the NJ ABC on the 26th bro

Me too. Wait until you see this gym.

Ox
07-21-08, 10:47 am
yo ox... im having some trouble gaining some size on my forearms...any ideas how i could get it growing?

Train your back HARD and HEAVY with no straps.

Ox
07-21-08, 10:49 am
hey evan, good meeting you at the Masters...
pm me next time you're going to be in pittsburgh and i can line up some good off-season eats for you.
did you make it to primanti's? haha

Hey man it was nice meeting you too. Next time I'm gonna be in Pittsburgh I will let you know. I did make it to Primanti's...it was good...:)

Ox
07-21-08, 10:49 am
good seein u at nationals, looks like you've put on some insane gains!

Thanks man...it's a work in progress!

mikejones1
07-21-08, 11:11 am
hey big guy you forgot to answer my question, lol.
im just very curious about this. is there something i missed or this has already been answered within itself or answered somewhere else? :

Originally Posted by Ox
I take mine (I use 3 packets PWO) with 3 scoops of torrent. The idea is to take the aminos with a glycemic carbohydrate so that you spike your insulin. Once your insulin is spiked (since insulin is a storage hormane and very anabolic) the aminos get shuttled or driven into the muscle cells where they are needed. It's very effective especially since the aminos in Nitro don't get cannibalized by the liver and enter the bloodstream in no time. So to answer your question, do not use water. While grape juice is ok, you could use other juice or gatorade. Torrent works excellent because of the waxy maize starch pretty much bypasses the stomach (because of it's high molecular weight)and hits you almost instantly. Plus there's glucose in the formulation and you can;t get more glycemic than glucose. More glycemic = better insulin spike = aminos and glycogen get to the muscles more efficiently = better recuperation + anabolism. Just make sure nyou don; take it with a proetin shake because that will screw up it's ability to bypass the liver etc. Wait about a half hour or 45 min to hit your protein shake. Oh I almost forgot, I hit a dose of OKG along with my PWO supps. Ornithine Ketoglutarate is an amino that optimizes your body's ability to handle glucose. I don't know of any company that still produces it besides Universal. Ahhh. The hardcore basics that work. Tried and true. No bullshit.

***posted by me:

so ox with this do you think it would be smart to take nitro 15/20 min before you workout ends and then slam the protein shake pwo?

on MD TV i saw you take a pack of nitro while you were working out with water. was this because you were on a cut? (no sugars)

or would it be better to take nitro once completely done with your workout? or does it not matter/preference?

i just personally feel getting that whey flowing through your muscles is extremely important and dont like the idea of waiting 30min after taking nitro.

houseofpain
07-22-08, 9:14 am
im just very curious about this. is there something i missed or this has already been answered within itself or answered somewhere else? :

Originally Posted by Ox

***posted by me:

so ox with this do you think it would be smart to take nitro 15/20 min before you workout ends and then slam the protein shake pwo?

or would it be better to take nitro once completely done with your workout? or does it not matter/preference?

Whey takes longer to break down then free form aminos. You should be more concerned about getting the aminos in you right after lifting. Whey breaks down into these aminos anyway it just takes longer. So why not take the aminos to eliminate the breakdown? They are in your muscles almost immediately after ingesting them. Trust me, you wanna wait a good min after you take nitro. That's just me though, we'll see what Ev has to say.

Lunatic001
07-22-08, 7:26 pm
Ox,

I read through your MD thread (finally, took me a while). But I have a question, how do you measure your BF? Hope everything is coming along. You seem bigger and bigger each time a see a new pic or video. I just watched your interview with Mr. Palumbo after the Masters Nationals. Keep up the good work.

Thanks,
Lunatic001

krazyassmexican
07-23-08, 10:52 am
OX i have an important question, as i stated previously i am cutting, some bug got me and i am within a few months to go to learn one of the following: Boxing, kickboxing, Jiu jitsu, capoeira....

i still gotta make up my mind and see what i want
i understand i am gonna do at least 2 hours of practice a week, from what i know it will be a hell of a cardio

do you think that shit would be to intense and make me burn muscle?
any tips to manipulate the cardio?

also can you tell me about the okg?

humanforklift
07-23-08, 12:17 pm
Hey Evan, just wanted some feedback on beginner leg training...now I know this is sad, but I really haven't trained legs in the past 5 years...I did in college for a few months and my ass blew up...I got stretch marks on my hips and thighs and figured if I'm not going to compete yet, why buy all new pants and shorts (I literally didnt fit into any of my clothes after about 6 months of leg training). I am proud to say that I started up again a few weeks ago...I am focusing on my quads primarily because my hams have gotten work from deads over the years. Right now, I'm doing front squats, leg presses, and extensions, along with 2-3 calf exercises per workout. Should I keep my reps as high as I have been to avoid having them grow too fast? Like in the 10-12 rep range? Any feedback on a hardgainer thrying to bring up legs would be great....thanks, and as always, it is much appreciated.

jer
07-23-08, 9:27 pm
Hey Ev, saw you the other day at Golds, looking large my man.

Do you know Ken Passariello? Ever train with him? Just curious. The guy is still pretty big.

Ox
07-24-08, 5:08 pm

Originally Posted by Ox

***posted by me:

It's not all that crucial but if you can, I think it's beneficial to take them during and PWO. When dieting, I take them with water. You can take them PWO and then wait 20-30 before having your whey.

Ox
07-24-08, 5:16 pm
Ox,

I read through your MD thread (finally, took me a while). But I have a question, how do you measure your BF? Hope everything is coming along. You seem bigger and bigger each time a see a new pic or video. I just watched your interview with Mr. Palumbo after the Masters Nationals. Keep up the good work.

Thanks,
Lunatic001

I pretty much never measure my body fat. I have had it taken 3 times in my life. I usually base my macro calculations on my prior contest weights. But the times that it was taken it was done with calipers.

Ox
07-24-08, 5:20 pm
OX i have an important question, as i stated previously i am cutting, some bug got me and i am within a few months to go to learn one of the following: Boxing, kickboxing, Jiu jitsu, capoeira....

i still gotta make up my mind and see what i want
i understand i am gonna do at least 2 hours of practice a week, from what i know it will be a hell of a cardio

do you think that shit would be to intense and make me burn muscle?
any tips to manipulate the cardio?

also can you tell me about the okg?

I'm sure the cardio will be intense but if you eat correctly I doubt you will have any problems with muscle loss. OKG is an aminoa cid taken PWO mainly to potenitate insulin and kick out extra GH. It's old school but effective.

Ox
07-24-08, 5:24 pm
Hey Evan, just wanted some feedback on beginner leg training...now I know this is sad, but I really haven't trained legs in the past 5 years...I did in college for a few months and my ass blew up...I got stretch marks on my hips and thighs and figured if I'm not going to compete yet, why buy all new pants and shorts (I literally didnt fit into any of my clothes after about 6 months of leg training). I am proud to say that I started up again a few weeks ago...I am focusing on my quads primarily because my hams have gotten work from deads over the years. Right now, I'm doing front squats, leg presses, and extensions, along with 2-3 calf exercises per workout. Should I keep my reps as high as I have been to avoid having them grow too fast? Like in the 10-12 rep range? Any feedback on a hardgainer thrying to bring up legs would be great....thanks, and as always, it is much appreciated.

Damn right you train those legs! Honestly, 10-12 reps really isn't that high when it comes to leg training. You'll probably grow more from higher reps than low reps. I would skip the fornt squats and do regular squats. Also, I think the leg press is shit. I would switch those out for the hack squat. Then I'd throw in some walking dumbell lunges and maybe some extensions at the end. But I would make squats the foundation of your leg training-6 sets minimum each leg session.

Ox
07-24-08, 5:29 pm
Hey Ev, saw you the other day at Golds, looking large my man.

Do you know Ken Passariello? Ever train with him? Just curious. The guy is still pretty big.

Thanks man. Yeah I know Kenny Passariello. He's been around a long time and he still trains hard. He's a bodybuilder to the core. I've never trained with him but I'm sure he knows some shit. You know he's an IFBB pro right? He used to own "Quest" a hardcore gym in Orange. I was too young but I've heard stories about how badass of a gym it was. His peak in bodybuilding was long before me but I can tell you that from the few times we've spoken in the gym, he's a nice guy and he's no bullshit.

Lunatic001
07-24-08, 5:43 pm
I pretty much never measure my body fat. I have had it taken 3 times in my life. I usually base my macro calculations on my prior contest weights. But the times that it was taken it was done with calipers.

Thanks for reply. Really appreciate it...

Lunatic001

krazyassmexican
07-25-08, 9:15 am
I'm sure the cardio will be intense but if you eat correctly I doubt you will have any problems with muscle loss. OKG is an aminoa cid taken PWO mainly to potenitate insulin and kick out extra GH. It's old school but effective.

thanks a lot bro, i will follow your recommendations, also OKG will be worthless on my cut right?

by the way 3 weeks into the diet and down 17lbs already, thanks for your teachings bro

mikejones1
07-25-08, 11:04 am
It's not all that crucial but if you can, I think it's beneficial to take them during and PWO. When dieting, I take them with water. You can take them PWO and then wait 20-30 before having your whey.

ok, sounds good.
thanks ox

sh_kk
07-27-08, 11:56 am
Hey Ox,

How ya doing ?

Had a question for you ... If I were to ask you... what can be the best pre workout drink/ diet from natural sources (i.e. Milk, dates etc) ... what combination would you suggest?

.. infact, is it possible to have such a drink/ diet (from natural sources) for pre workout that can give us that spike to perform better during workout?

Ox
07-27-08, 2:40 pm
thanks a lot bro, i will follow your recommendations, also OKG will be worthless on my cut right?

by the way 3 weeks into the diet and down 17lbs already, thanks for your teachings bro

Forget the OKG while cutting. Load up on Nitro and Omega!

Ox
07-27-08, 2:46 pm
Hey Ox,

How ya doing ?

Had a question for you ... If I were to ask you... what can be the best pre workout drink/ diet from natural sources (i.e. Milk, dates etc) ... what combination would you suggest?

.. infact, is it possible to have such a drink/ diet (from natural sources) for pre workout that can give us that spike to perform better during workout?

I would blen together a scoop of isowhey, 1 banana, 1/2 cup oats, and 2 tbsp all natural peanut butter with some water. As for a drink, I don't know. I would avoid dairy though.

LittleMan55
07-27-08, 4:09 pm
Hey Ox just saw the pics from the ABC this weekend at Skiba's... Just stopped by to say you are looking F*$@ING HUGE!

The Epidemic
07-28-08, 6:16 pm
I saw Evan on Sat at the abc.. omg . hes 300 at 5'11... If i see him again, im goin go get a PIc

everwhere is sold out of mac oil

The Epidemic
07-28-08, 6:17 pm
Evan, whats ur BF?

NJC_Manhattan
07-29-08, 2:13 pm
Ox, whats good bro? Thanks for doing all this, truly a big help to us all.

Gotta quick question for you... on a cut how do you fight cravings for carbs/not quality food. Each time I hit a cut, I go strong for a week or 2, then I need something. I should probably just sack up and do it, but thought Id ask if you had any tips or tricks of the trade.

Ox
07-29-08, 9:03 pm
Hey Ox just saw the pics from the ABC this weekend at Skiba's... Just stopped by to say you are looking F*$@ING HUGE!

Thanks man

Ox
07-29-08, 9:04 pm
Evan, whats ur BF?

My buddy at the gym took it the other day andit came out at 8.5. But I never keep track of it. He was measuring my buddy so I asked him to measure me for shits and giggles. BF % is irrelevant in my opinion. You either look good or you don't. Numbers don't mean shit.

Ox
07-29-08, 9:06 pm
Ox, whats good bro? Thanks for doing all this, truly a big help to us all.

Gotta quick question for you... on a cut how do you fight cravings for carbs/not quality food. Each time I hit a cut, I go strong for a week or 2, then I need something. I should probably just sack up and do it, but thought Id ask if you had any tips or tricks of the trade.

What type of diet do you normally follow?

krazyassmexican
07-29-08, 9:07 pm
hey evan how did you like the tire flips?
that looked intense

Pizzalamp
07-29-08, 9:09 pm
My buddy at the gym took it the other day andit came out at 8.5. But I never keep track of it. He was measuring my buddy so I asked him to measure me for shits and giggles. BF % is irrelevant in my opinion. You either look good or you don't. Numbers don't mean shit.

8% at 300lbs is pretty amazing evan...u look bigger and bigger each time i see you!!

hey i know i asked u this at tommy ks, but i just wanna double check...i began taking animal omega (which i love) and i have it with my oats and eggs in the am...is the fiber in the oats bad to take w/ omega? do u take it with a carb rich fiber rich meal? or should i take it in a meal w/ no fiber?

thanks for all the help...much appreciated

NJC_Manhattan
07-30-08, 9:59 am
What type of diet do you normally follow?

Keto

Lunatic001
07-30-08, 11:31 am
Ox,

300 lbs @ 8% is insane!! Keep up the good work!....I you don't do cardio off season....truly amazing.......I was wonder what excercises you do for chest? I want to start shaping my chest but I was wondering what excersices you recommend to add definition especially the lower part of the chest.......

Thanks,
Lunatic001

ROC1291
07-30-08, 2:46 pm
Does a 12 week cycle of keto require any other core supplements?

Nitro
Omega
Pak
Cuts

RenegadeRows
07-31-08, 12:46 pm
Sup Ox, looking bigger everytime I see you in the friggin MD mag bro. I really enjoy your nutrition/training videos on MD.com.

Got a couple of quick questions for you brah:
Currently looking to let off some of my bulk fat and am taking in 290 gms of protein, I am currently 260 lbs with 210 lbs of LBM. Is that enough or am I overdoing it (for this "cut" diet)? Im cycle between 150 and 100 g of carbs ED and take in 40-50g of fats.

When on a bulk, I take in about 500gms of carbs and 270g of protein (little over 1g/lb) with 60g of fats, is this too little, too much, or okay?

Goals: I really want to get to 240-250lbs of LBM, like I said, I am 210 lbs lean, 24 yrs old, 5'9".
Noobish questions I know, but I have only been lifting/dieting/living the bodybuilder lifestyle for a year and a half (starting wt: 160lbs), so Im trying to get my shit in order.

Thank you so much for all your info in advance

barbender18
07-31-08, 5:15 pm
hey ox how you doin?

i have a question to ask you. first i just wanted to say how much your site has helped me. by just reading some of the articles and getting hands on help has really uped my intesity in the gym. i am making some great strenght gains. the problem is though even with these gains, i'm not getting any bigger. i havent gained any size since april. i was wondering do you have any suggestions on how i can bring my size up to my lifts?

Ox
07-31-08, 7:44 pm
hey evan how did you like the tire flips?
that looked intense

It was a tire. It was big. It was heavy. Hey what can I say I kinda liked it.

Ox
07-31-08, 7:46 pm
8% at 300lbs is pretty amazing evan...u look bigger and bigger each time i see you!!

hey i know i asked u this at tommy ks, but i just wanna double check...i began taking animal omega (which i love) and i have it with my oats and eggs in the am...is the fiber in the oats bad to take w/ omega? do u take it with a carb rich fiber rich meal? or should i take it in a meal w/ no fiber?

thanks for all the help...much appreciated

Hey man. I don't think you have to worry too much but if you are only taking one pak a day and want to make it count as much as possible take it with your chicken meal.

Ox
07-31-08, 7:47 pm
Keto

Nah man, when I do keto and am strict with it I don't crave much of anything. Make sure you are getting some nutrient dense green veggies such as spinach in your diet. You'd be surprised how good the green leafy veggies can make you feel.

Ox
07-31-08, 7:50 pm
Ox,

300 lbs @ 8% is insane!! Keep up the good work!....I you don't do cardio off season....truly amazing.......I was wonder what excercises you do for chest? I want to start shaping my chest but I was wondering what excersices you recommend to add definition especially the lower part of the chest.......

Thanks,
Lunatic001

Chest is not my best bodypart bro but I can definitely tell you what I do for it and what I'm trying. I do all the basic exercises, barbell presses, dumbell presses, fly movements etc. The main thing for me is to try and take my arms and delts out of the equation and let the chest do the work. I think it's more abou the mind muscle connection than the exercises. As for definition, no exercises will give you definition...that comes with diet and reduced bodyfat.

Ox
07-31-08, 7:51 pm
Does a 12 week cycle of keto require any other core supplements?

Nitro
Omega
Pak
Cuts

I think you're straight with those but make sure you've got a solid protein such as iso whey in the mix.

Ox
07-31-08, 7:54 pm
Sup Ox, looking bigger everytime I see you in the friggin MD mag bro. I really enjoy your nutrition/training videos on MD.com.

Got a couple of quick questions for you brah:
Currently looking to let off some of my bulk fat and am taking in 290 gms of protein, I am currently 260 lbs with 210 lbs of LBM. Is that enough or am I overdoing it (for this "cut" diet)? Im cycle between 150 and 100 g of carbs ED and take in 40-50g of fats.

When on a bulk, I take in about 500gms of carbs and 270g of protein (little over 1g/lb) with 60g of fats, is this too little, too much, or okay?

Goals: I really want to get to 240-250lbs of LBM, like I said, I am 210 lbs lean, 24 yrs old, 5'9".
Noobish questions I know, but I have only been lifting/dieting/living the bodybuilder lifestyle for a year and a half (starting wt: 160lbs), so Im trying to get my shit in order.

Thank you so much for all your info in advance

What I would reccomend is to keep the protein at about 250g and up the fat to 110g per day. Lose the carbs. But I would reccomend you do is on Monday night and Thursday night have 100g of carbs with your last meal of the day. Start there.

ROC1291
07-31-08, 7:55 pm
I think you're straight with those but make sure you've got a solid protein such as iso whey in the mix.

yeah... forgot pump and whey isolate, but those are kind of givens nowadays.

thanks ox, good luck in the future with competing (and possibly tire flipping)

Ox
07-31-08, 7:56 pm
hey ox how you doin?

i have a question to ask you. first i just wanted to say how much your site has helped me. by just reading some of the articles and getting hands on help has really uped my intesity in the gym. i am making some great strenght gains. the problem is though even with these gains, i'm not getting any bigger. i havent gained any size since april. i was wondering do you have any suggestions on how i can bring my size up to my lifts?

The only way to gain size bro is to EAT. You need to take in sufficient calories so that you can recuperate from yoiur training AND build new muscle. It sounds like you're just recuperating but aren't eating enought to grow. As long as you're getting in enough carbs for energy there's really no need to up those. Just up your proteins and fats and I'll bet you see some growth. Good luck man. Keep me posted.

Lunatic001
07-31-08, 7:58 pm
Chest is not my best bodypart bro but I can definitely tell you what I do for it and what I'm trying. I do all the basic exercises, barbell presses, dumbell presses, fly movements etc. The main thing for me is to try and take my arms and delts out of the equation and let the chest do the work. I think it's more abou the mind muscle connection than the exercises. As for definition, no exercises will give you definition...that comes with diet and reduced bodyfat.

Ox,

thanks for your time as always...will work on my mind muscle connection. I too think my delts or tris take over on presses especially when I try to go heavy (normal human wt, not OX's standards, lol).......

Really appreciated,
Lunatic001

Pizzalamp
07-31-08, 8:51 pm
thanks

NJC_Manhattan
08-01-08, 10:06 am
Nah man, when I do keto and am strict with it I don't crave much of anything. Make sure you are getting some nutrient dense green veggies such as spinach in your diet. You'd be surprised how good the green leafy veggies can make you feel.

Much appreciated man. I'll add some leafy greens.

barbender18
08-02-08, 4:11 am
hey ox can/ should storm be taken on non training days?

BigTimCoats
08-03-08, 2:54 am
Hey man... before i ask of you anything else... i just wanna thank you for all that you have done so far you have reallly helped me alot... Well i just signed up for a contest on november 21st and 22nd so im very excited but nervous... it will be my first contest and i have no idea how stuff works... and was wonderinig if you could help me a lil bit... i was wondering about what kind of diet will work... any input would b highly aprecitaed!! thanks alot bro.

barbender18
08-03-08, 3:03 am
hey bigtimecoast. what organiation has a contest in november?

BigTimCoats
08-03-08, 4:00 am
hey bigtimecoast. what organiation has a contest in november?

http://fitnessamerica.com/musclemania.htm musclemania

Ox
08-04-08, 9:35 am
hey ox can/ should storm be taken on non training days?

I think it's a good idea.

Ox
08-04-08, 9:36 am
Hey man... before i ask of you anything else... i just wanna thank you for all that you have done so far you have reallly helped me alot... Well i just signed up for a contest on november 21st and 22nd so im very excited but nervous... it will be my first contest and i have no idea how stuff works... and was wonderinig if you could help me a lil bit... i was wondering about what kind of diet will work... any input would b highly aprecitaed!! thanks alot bro.

If you go back and read through the thread you'll find tons of info about diet, calculating your macros and all sorts of specifics....more than I'd be able to give you in a post.

BigTimCoats
08-04-08, 4:11 pm
If you go back and read through the thread you'll find tons of info about diet, calculating your macros and all sorts of specifics....more than I'd be able to give you in a post.

thanks ox... i've burrying my head into this thread as we speak... so much good information... thanks for the help... and ill keep you posted on how my dieting/training is goin

BigTimCoats
08-05-08, 12:04 am
Hey man! thanx for the help! i have a challange for u bro. i want u to come up with the gnarliest leg workout u can think of and give it to me so i can try it... and ill let u kno wat happens!

barbender18
08-05-08, 11:25 am
i keep hearing and reading about the best rep ranges for putting on size. and the two i most commonly hear are reps 6-10 and than also reps 12-15. my question is, which one is better for adding mass or is it just a preference thing, different for everyone?

Wild Cat
08-06-08, 4:13 am
Hi Ox...long time no chit chat. I've been unfortunately as of recently been diagnosed with cancer and have been spending all my energy battling back rather than online and such. I don't know if you can answer my question Ox, I hope you can but if you can't I know you may know of someone within the field of interest who you can ask. Not that I question your knowledge Ox it's just my question is cancer related and I don't know how much you know about cancer and cancer treatment. Rehab or training for the sick I know at least for me being a hardcore trainee is out of my realm of interest.

I am having regular Chemo therapy and am still very interested in working out and pursuing my workout goals. I have talked to my doctors and they encourage exercise, but discourage it at the same time because of the fact my immunity cells and all fast replenshing cells are being targeted from the chemo treatment as much as the cancer cells. The chemo treatment can not distuinsh between the cancer and non cancer cells. They encourage exercise but discourage high populated places because of my lower then normal immunity and sensitivity to sickenss and any like concerns. I was told from one of my caretakers If I take the proper precautions and if I am extra careful I can workout at the gym. I need to further discuss these issues with my doctor and I do have an appoinment scheduled but though in the mean time I'd pick your brain.

Anyway my question is have you ever heard of anyone exercising with any substantial intensity during cancer treatment with any great success. Is there any reason why I should workout? or any reason why not? Should I workout?, not workout?, do sissy workouts for heart health or perhaps I was thinking strength training using 3 or less maximum reps. My knowledge being that the time under tension is small, the neural stimulus is high, I'll be stronger because of it and the muscle protein degredatation would be small rather than substantial in this case due to the low TUT. Do you have any suggestions or can you point me in the right direction?

Sincerely, Paul AKA Wild Cat

badrock
08-06-08, 2:54 pm
whats up evan...I have a question specifically about your back training. My other body parts seem to grow easier than my back. what do your recommend as far as rep range or exercise selection? and how do you usually set up a typical back session? thanks

Beast4Life
08-06-08, 4:02 pm
Hey Evan, I was just wondering how much weight you throw around during your back workouts? I saw an "In The Trenches" vid and you were doing deads with 405 just days out from the show... right now in the offseason how much are you using?

I also was just wondering how you got signed with Universal. Did you go to them and send pictures etc... or did they just see you onstage and said "we gotta get this guy" ?

dyskee
08-06-08, 7:07 pm
hey evan

i read an article that says fats and carbs aren't supposed to be eaten together now i eat about 5 boiled eggwhites for breakfast and i eat oats , adding more eggs is a problem but i can add more if i make an omlette or scramble them. can i make whole eggs omlette and eat it with my oats or not?

barbender18
08-06-08, 9:15 pm
ox you are pretty big guy and you have some great symmetry. i was wondering if you had any pointers or a routine or anything to help put on some mass.

BigDaddy21
08-06-08, 10:42 pm
hey evan, when you train, do you follow any specific type training or split or is it something you just like to do that works well for ya.....and ill say, if it is, its working wellllllllllllllll haha.
ps. livin in a New York state of mind or what? im psyched for ya man

Rhetoric
08-07-08, 1:39 am
Hey Evan,

First off, that new interview you did on the MD forum was great. You continue to represent the sport in a very positive way.

Since you are the culinary expert around these parts, I wanted to get your opinion on cooking food in a crock pot. I typically cook all of my flank steak and chicken in that bad boy and just wanted to make sure there wasn't a downside to preparing food that way that I am unaware of. I usually throw some soy sauce and a little "Soyaki" from Trader Joe's in with the meat and set it on low for about 8 hours. Is that hip?

As always, thanks for the input... hope all is well w/ you.

simpleguy
08-07-08, 11:57 am
yo Ox, what's your take on this?

whether ketosis is determined by the insulin threshold or glycogen stores being depleted

Ox
08-07-08, 12:39 pm
Hey man! thanx for the help! i have a challange for u bro. i want u to come up with the gnarliest leg workout u can think of and give it to me so i can try it... and ill let u kno wat happens!

I didn't think of it but try this. It's an old quad program that makes use of German Volume Training principles. We'll use the free barbell squat. You pick a weight that you can perform 20 times IF YOU HAD TO. Note: getting to 20 would require all out effort. So then you perform ten sets only resting 90 seconds between sets and you must get 10 reps on each set. So thats 10 sest of 10 reps with barbell squats resting 90 seconds between sets. Give it a shot.

Ox
08-07-08, 12:40 pm
i keep hearing and reading about the best rep ranges for putting on size. and the two i most commonly hear are reps 6-10 and than also reps 12-15. my question is, which one is better for adding mass or is it just a preference thing, different for everyone?

Why not work in both ranges? Then you're SURE to hit it.

Ox
08-07-08, 1:40 pm
Hi Ox...long time no chit chat. I've been unfortunately as of recently been diagnosed with cancer and have been spending all my energy battling back rather than online and such. I don't know if you can answer my question Ox, I hope you can but if you can't I know you may know of someone within the field of interest who you can ask. Not that I question your knowledge Ox it's just my question is cancer related and I don't know how much you know about cancer and cancer treatment. Rehab or training for the sick I know at least for me being a hardcore trainee is out of my realm of interest.

I am having regular Chemo therapy and am still very interested in working out and pursuing my workout goals. I have talked to my doctors and they encourage exercise, but discourage it at the same time because of the fact my immunity cells and all fast replenshing cells are being targeted from the chemo treatment as much as the cancer cells. The chemo treatment can not distuinsh between the cancer and non cancer cells. They encourage exercise but discourage high populated places because of my lower then normal immunity and sensitivity to sickenss and any like concerns. I was told from one of my caretakers If I take the proper precautions and if I am extra careful I can workout at the gym. I need to further discuss these issues with my doctor and I do have an appoinment scheduled but though in the mean time I'd pick your brain.

Anyway my question is have you ever heard of anyone exercising with any substantial intensity during cancer treatment with any great success. Is there any reason why I should workout? or any reason why not? Should I workout?, not workout?, do sissy workouts for heart health or perhaps I was thinking strength training using 3 or less maximum reps. My knowledge being that the time under tension is small, the neural stimulus is high, I'll be stronger because of it and the muscle protein degredatation would be small rather than substantial in this case due to the low TUT. Do you have any suggestions or can you point me in the right direction?

Sincerely, Paul AKA Wild Cat

Paul-

Please accept my heartfelt apologies. I'm very sorry to hear this news. But I sincerely admire your strentgh and desire to continue to exercise and train through this. As I was reading, my main concern was your lowered immunity and limited ability to recover during this time. I do not know anyone personally who has had cancer and trained through it. And although I am no doctor, if it were me in your shoes, assuming I had the mental and physical capacity to continue exercising I know that my approach would be significantly different from what it is now. I would go for walks whenever energy levels permitted and if I had the energy and felt up to it, I would maybe perfrom some reistance exercises 3 timesa a week for 20 min or so. All this is of course, assuming I felt up to it. I think that during this time, proper nutrition and rest should be the focus. I would eat well, sleep, and try to do some walking just to circulate your blood. I think anyhting more than that is extra. I wish you the best of luck and hope you have all the strength you need to get through it. If there's anything any of us can do for you, we're always here.

Sincerely,

Evan

BigDaddy21
08-07-08, 2:21 pm
ox, left ya a few replies in your post before, and most of them get skipped over. nothing taken personal jsut wanna know if its a question tha can be found in here already or just not worth answering. i know ya get millions a day in more than one forum but just wondering... still a fan ev

barbender18
08-07-08, 2:51 pm
thanks ill try that.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i have a chest wokout so narley that you will be pumped all day. (that is if you can make it through the workout).

-Bench Press 5x5,5,10,15,20(on this last set perform a drop set)
-Incline Dumbell Press 4x6,6,12,12( on these last two sets do a rest pause)
-Flat Dumbell Flye 4x10-5( for these you run the rack.choose a weight you fail at 10 reps than drop down in 5 pound increments until you reach a weight you can only do 5 times. that is one set.)
-Low Cable Crossovers 4x12
superset with
-Cable Crossover 4x8
-Dip 1x50(you do as many sets as it takes to reach 50 total reps.)

Try this out and tell me how it went for you.
Good luck

Ox
08-07-08, 5:45 pm
whats up evan...I have a question specifically about your back training. My other body parts seem to grow easier than my back. what do your recommend as far as rep range or exercise selection? and how do you usually set up a typical back session? thanks

I've seen a lot of growth- both in width and thickness from barbell rows and deadlifts. If I do barbell or dumbell rows I make them my first exercise usually do 4 or 5 sets. Then I usually do more machine movements after that. In contrast some days I'll start with machine/cable exercises and end with 3 or 4 sets of deads. And then I have sessions where all I do is deads. There really are no rules. Just maske sure you exercisies for both thickness and width.

Ox
08-07-08, 5:48 pm
Hey Evan, I was just wondering how much weight you throw around during your back workouts? I saw an "In The Trenches" vid and you were doing deads with 405 just days out from the show... right now in the offseason how much are you using?

I also was just wondering how you got signed with Universal. Did you go to them and send pictures etc... or did they just see you onstage and said "we gotta get this guy" ?

During back training I'll use 405 for barbell rows, 5 plates on deads, and 200 lb dumbells on rows at my strongest. But that's really not that important. So long as you are making the mind muscle connection and challenging yourself that's all that matters.

Ox
08-07-08, 5:54 pm
hey evan

i read an article that says fats and carbs aren't supposed to be eaten together now i eat about 5 boiled eggwhites for breakfast and i eat oats , adding more eggs is a problem but i can add more if i make an omlette or scramble them. can i make whole eggs omlette and eat it with my oats or not?

If you are speaking in terms of optimal digestion then each macronutrient should be eaten in isolation. If all you eat at a meal is carbs then enzymes are much more efficient at breaking down the carbs and digesting them. That's good for digestion but taking this approach with bodybuilding may not be beneficial. For example, combining protein, carbs and fats will significantly slow the digestion of those carbs and lower the glycemic index tremendously. That means let insulin = less fat storage + a sustaoined release of carbs for energy. Likewise, carbs and fats slow protein digestion giving you a steady drip of aminos.

Ox
08-07-08, 5:56 pm
ox you are pretty big guy and you have some great symmetry. i was wondering if you had any pointers or a routine or anything to help put on some mass.

EAT! Seriously though, if your goal is to build your body you have to take care of basices first. You have to eat, sleep, and hydrate before you can do anything else. Once you do those three things well then you can train hard and heavy and expect to grow. Never neglect the basics.

Ox
08-07-08, 5:57 pm
hey evan, when you train, do you follow any specific type training or split or is it something you just like to do that works well for ya.....and ill say, if it is, its working wellllllllllllllll haha.
ps. livin in a New York state of mind or what? im psyched for ya man

My split stays pretty much the same but my routines are ALWAYS different. I'm pscyhed for NY '09 too!

Ox
08-07-08, 6:00 pm
Hey Evan,

First off, that new interview you did on the MD forum was great. You continue to represent the sport in a very positive way.

Since you are the culinary expert around these parts, I wanted to get your opinion on cooking food in a crock pot. I typically cook all of my flank steak and chicken in that bad boy and just wanted to make sure there wasn't a downside to preparing food that way that I am unaware of. I usually throw some soy sauce and a little "Soyaki" from Trader Joe's in with the meat and set it on low for about 8 hours. Is that hip?

As always, thanks for the input... hope all is well w/ you.

The crock pot is fine so far as I know. It cooks at very low temp so I don't think the food gets too denatured. But then again, the lenghty time at which it cooks could hurt the protein. I'm really not 100% sure to be honest. But I've used the crock pot almost all last offseason and I thought it was ok.

Ox
08-07-08, 6:01 pm
yo Ox, what's your take on this?

whether ketosis is determined by the insulin threshold or glycogen stores being depleted

I'm not sure I understand.

Ox
08-07-08, 6:03 pm
ox, left ya a few replies in your post before, and most of them get skipped over. nothing taken personal jsut wanna know if its a question tha can be found in here already or just not worth answering. i know ya get millions a day in more than one forum but just wondering... still a fan ev

What is your question?

BigDaddy21
08-07-08, 6:46 pm
ya got back to it bro, thanks for the reply. goodluck in NY

ROC1291
08-07-08, 11:21 pm
Ox -

Read your 1 on 1 interview at MD the other day and it was quite inspiring. I'm glad I have somebody like you to look up to, and I'm still psyched as ever for the day I'll meet you. I'm hoping I can make it up to NY for the 09 show and cheer you on, seeing as you do so much for all of us here on the forum (and other forums as well). I just wanted you to know that I really take heed to all of your advice and hopefully end up in your shoes someday despite all of the haters around me.

A few simple questions out of the blue...
Where do you purchase your Mac Nut Oil?
I've read you eat sushi for your cheat meal... do you ever switch it up?
What's the best way to maintain what you've carved out for yourself during keto a couple months afterwards?
How do you feel about sugar free metamucil on keto and when do you take it?

Thanks for all of your time and inspiration. I wish you the best of luck in your career, Ox.

simpleguy
08-08-08, 1:11 pm
I'm not sure I understand.

I mean, what exactly makes your body switch to ketones as the fuel source? carb stores being empty, or insulin release being low for a prolonged period of time?

Wild Cat
08-08-08, 4:22 pm
Thank you so much for your genuine care and concern Ox, I appreciate your heart felt apologies and your kind words sincerely mean a lot to me regardless of how short or brief. I especially take to heart every good word and any support I get.

Thank you for your advice and you mentioned that if there is anything you can or the team can do for me to just ask. I just wanted to sincerely thank you for that offering and would like to make the same offer back. I don't know what I can ever do for you, but if there is anything you or the team need from me for any reason I will be happy to oblige.

You people have really treated me like part of a pak, so just like in an animal pak where every animal takes care of their fair share and part to coincide with the team effort. I make the same pledge to you. And I'm sure I will drop this thing like a dime, I'm not afraid or scared in the least. May God bless you Ox, and everyone at animal pak, you always do favors and never expect them returned. Train hard, train heavy, and train safe...

...Your Friend, Paul AKA Wild Cat

barbender18
08-09-08, 1:26 pm
hey i was wondering did you hve someone help you get redy for your first show. because i'm going to be competing for the first time in june 09 and i dont know anyone to help me out.

barbender18
08-10-08, 3:06 pm
hey how big were you when you were 20 years old. because im going to be 20 in a few months but i feel like i will be no where near some of your guys' size by the time im 24-26.

barbender18
08-10-08, 3:45 pm
hey i recieved this meal plan from a link of ask the pros..

Meal 1: 8 eggs (8 whites, 2 whole), 1 cup of oatmeal, 2 tablespoons of natty peanut butter
Meal 2: 8-10 ounces of chicken or fish, 1 cup of brown rice
Meal 3: 8-10 ounces of lean beef, 1 yam, 1 cup of greens
Meal 4: 8-10 ounces of lean beef, 1 cup of brown rice
Meal 5: 8-10 ounces of chicken or fish
Meal 6: 8-10 ounces of chicken, 1 yam, 1 cup of greens

now i can't reallly get all this food being a college student. so i was wondering would i be able to substitute 2-3 meals with a real gains shake?

also these 6 meals does that include post and pre workout nutrition aswell?

AFTazz06
08-10-08, 4:21 pm
I appreciate you taking the time off to help us out. Well here's my question, i have a problem with stretch marks on my lower back and sides, i used to be overweight throughout high school, but once in college i dropped the weight slowly and steady. i went from 260lbs to 205lbs in almost a little over a year, and i did it with weight lifting and cardio and ofcourse a good nutrition plan. But now my problem is the stretch marks left behind, i dont mind the ones around my peck-delt tie in area, but the ones i mentioned before on my lower back and sides are killing me. i'm hispanic so i'm peanut butter colored and so they show from afar. Is there anything you've heard or used from other pros that will undoubtly work to remove or slowly vanish them away for good? i've tried using exfoilating soaps sold on bb.com and they seem to work nicely on getting rid of old dead skin, but the problem is most of those things smell like chocolate bars or like something you would find in starbucks and i hate smelling like food after a shower.

-Thanks OX!

Ox
08-12-08, 11:16 am
Ox -

Read your 1 on 1 interview at MD the other day and it was quite inspiring. I'm glad I have somebody like you to look up to, and I'm still psyched as ever for the day I'll meet you. I'm hoping I can make it up to NY for the 09 show and cheer you on, seeing as you do so much for all of us here on the forum (and other forums as well). I just wanted you to know that I really take heed to all of your advice and hopefully end up in your shoes someday despite all of the haters around me.

A few simple questions out of the blue...
Where do you purchase your Mac Nut Oil?
I've read you eat sushi for your cheat meal... do you ever switch it up?
What's the best way to maintain what you've carved out for yourself during keto a couple months afterwards?
How do you feel about sugar free metamucil on keto and when do you take it?

Thanks for all of your time and inspiration. I wish you the best of luck in your career, Ox.

First off, thanks bro. I buy my mac nut oil from a local health food store. I like sushi as a cheat meal but I also go out for a burger and fries sometimes. The bets way to maintain your physique after keto is to continue to eat clean and consume moderate carbs. Sugar free metamucil is fine.

Ox
08-12-08, 11:16 am
I mean, what exactly makes your body switch to ketones as the fuel source? carb stores being empty, or insulin release being low for a prolonged period of time?

I would think that it's the carb stores being depleted.

Ox
08-12-08, 11:21 am
Thank you so much for your genuine care and concern Ox, I appreciate your heart felt apologies and your kind words sincerely mean a lot to me regardless of how short or brief. I especially take to heart every good word and any support I get.

Thank you for your advice and you mentioned that if there is anything you can or the team can do for me to just ask. I just wanted to sincerely thank you for that offering and would like to make the same offer back. I don't know what I can ever do for you, but if there is anything you or the team need from me for any reason I will be happy to oblige.

You people have really treated me like part of a pak, so just like in an animal pak where every animal takes care of their fair share and part to coincide with the team effort. I make the same pledge to you. And I'm sure I will drop this thing like a dime, I'm not afraid or scared in the least. May God bless you Ox, and everyone at animal pak, you always do favors and never expect them returned. Train hard, train heavy, and train safe...

...Your Friend, Paul AKA Wild Cat

Thanks Paul. That's what Animal is about. We're all here for each other. Unlike so many other forums out there where gossip and trash talking take precedent, at the forvm we're here to share experiences and help each other. No one is too big and no one is too small. On another note, how are you feeling? Have you felt up to training?

Ox
08-12-08, 11:22 am
hey i was wondering did you hve someone help you get redy for your first show. because i'm going to be competing for the first time in june 09 and i dont know anyone to help me out.

I did my diet myself. My friend helped me with the last week and another friend of mine helped me with my posing.

Ox
08-12-08, 11:23 am
hey how big were you when you were 20 years old. because im going to be 20 in a few months but i feel like i will be no where near some of your guys' size by the time im 24-26.

Trust me when I say that comparing yourself will do you no good. You should not be concerned with how others look(ed). Focus on you and achieveing the look YOU want. Trust me, I used to feel the same way and soemtimes still do. All you can do is train and be your best.

barbender18
08-12-08, 11:51 am
thanks ox. ill stop worrying about toher people.

BigFeitz
08-13-08, 1:45 am
2 questions which is better for mass gain training 6x a week or 4x a week. and which would be better chest & tris, back & bis or arms togather?

BigFeitz
08-13-08, 2:05 am
hey ox man i am a mess right now i can't seem to make up min don directions to go for putting on the ideal size. i read things about these workotus these diets and it is all getting confusing. i plan on competing in june 09 and i want to do well. so can you possibly give a game plan of routine diet supps that sort of thing just to get me on some sort of track?

MickMars
08-13-08, 8:44 am
Hey Evan,

I strained my left wrist while doing incline dumbell presses yesterday and it hurts like hell today. I reckon I will have trouble with most exercises. What would you recommend me to do, both training and dieting? I am on a cut.

It's really depressing, I felt like crap yesterday because I couldn't finish my chest workout... felt as if I lost a war.

Ox
08-14-08, 10:34 am
hey i recieved this meal plan from a link of ask the pros..

Meal 1: 8 eggs (8 whites, 2 whole), 1 cup of oatmeal, 2 tablespoons of natty peanut butter
Meal 2: 8-10 ounces of chicken or fish, 1 cup of brown rice
Meal 3: 8-10 ounces of lean beef, 1 yam, 1 cup of greens
Meal 4: 8-10 ounces of lean beef, 1 cup of brown rice
Meal 5: 8-10 ounces of chicken or fish
Meal 6: 8-10 ounces of chicken, 1 yam, 1 cup of greens

now i can't reallly get all this food being a college student. so i was wondering would i be able to substitute 2-3 meals with a real gains shake?

also these 6 meals does that include post and pre workout nutrition aswell?

2-3 shake meals are fine. Just make sure you get in enough fat with those shakes. You can do some Torrent PWO if you want and then have a meal. One of the meals is fine for pre-workout

Ox
08-14-08, 10:38 am
I appreciate you taking the time off to help us out. Well here's my question, i have a problem with stretch marks on my lower back and sides, i used to be overweight throughout high school, but once in college i dropped the weight slowly and steady. i went from 260lbs to 205lbs in almost a little over a year, and i did it with weight lifting and cardio and ofcourse a good nutrition plan. But now my problem is the stretch marks left behind, i dont mind the ones around my peck-delt tie in area, but the ones i mentioned before on my lower back and sides are killing me. i'm hispanic so i'm peanut butter colored and so they show from afar. Is there anything you've heard or used from other pros that will undoubtly work to remove or slowly vanish them away for good? i've tried using exfoilating soaps sold on bb.com and they seem to work nicely on getting rid of old dead skin, but the problem is most of those things smell like chocolate bars or like something you would find in starbucks and i hate smelling like food after a shower.

-Thanks OX!

I feel your pain bro. I had so many stretch marks form when I was overweight and then lost it and then gained again. Unfortunately, I never used anything for them but they just faded over time. In the future, make sure you are consuming the right amount of EFAs and dietary fat and that will help improve the elasticity of your skin somewhat. But as for the existing marks, I don't know man. They sell roll on Vitamin E which I know people use. Good luck man...let me know if you find anything.

Ox
08-14-08, 10:40 am
2 questions which is better for mass gain training 6x a week or 4x a week. and which would be better chest & tris, back & bis or arms togather?

I would train arms together. 4x a week and eating like hell would be good. However, if the workouts get too long then that's no good either. Why not train 5x a week?

Ox
08-14-08, 10:41 am
hey ox man i am a mess right now i can't seem to make up min don directions to go for putting on the ideal size. i read things about these workotus these diets and it is all getting confusing. i plan on competing in june 09 and i want to do well. so can you possibly give a game plan of routine diet supps that sort of thing just to get me on some sort of track?

I would bulk right now until January and then begin to diet and get in shape for June.

Ox
08-14-08, 10:43 am
Hey Evan,

I strained my left wrist while doing incline dumbell presses yesterday and it hurts like hell today. I reckon I will have trouble with most exercises. What would you recommend me to do, both training and dieting? I am on a cut.

It's really depressing, I felt like crap yesterday because I couldn't finish my chest workout... felt as if I lost a war.

Plan A: Stay on your diet and train around the injury.

Plan B: Say fuck the diet, go to Wendy's, retunr home and wait until the injury is healed.

I'd opt for Plan A.

AFTazz06
08-14-08, 1:12 pm
I feel your pain bro. I had so many stretch marks form when I was overweight and then lost it and then gained again. Unfortunately, I never used anything for them but they just faded over time. In the future, make sure you are consuming the right amount of EFAs and dietary fat and that will help improve the elasticity of your skin somewhat. But as for the existing marks, I don't know man. They sell roll on Vitamin E which I know people use. Good luck man...let me know if you find anything.

Thanks for the response Ox, well i found this cream on BB.com, its called, Barmon Stretchmark cream, i just ordered it and will give it a try. it seems the ones on my lower back are hardly noticable, but the ones on the sides are the ones that bug the hell outta me. Well i'll see how the cream works and let you know. i've also never taken EFA's until now (i'm gonna start taking Nitro) so i dont know if that's something my body is just not currently getting. Thanks again Ox!

In Flames
08-14-08, 5:59 pm
Ox, what does your current Back routine look like? Also, what's the typical rep range you usually lift in, 8-12?

Thanks bro.

BigFeitz
08-15-08, 4:15 am
thanks ox ill try that. hey also i have been reading a lot about to bring up lagging bodyparts to train them 3x a week just for aa short time though. do you think that is a good idea, since i need to bring up my arms? and if so how should my split look like?

gainmusclefast
08-15-08, 10:19 am
hey ox how important is "Fats" when bulking?

BigFeitz
08-16-08, 1:14 pm
hey im going to take your guys' off season mass stack along with great gains. do you think i will see some good results from that?

barbender18
08-16-08, 10:45 pm
when it goes to dieting(putting on mass) which is more importnt calories or micronutrients. because i have a diet that the micronutrients come out right but my calories are about 200 short.

Pizzalamp
08-16-08, 10:50 pm
evan
how is your training going? hope everything is going well for you.

Ox
08-18-08, 12:21 pm
Ox, what does your current Back routine look like? Also, what's the typical rep range you usually lift in, 8-12?

Thanks bro.

Always different bro. One week I deadlift first, the next I barbell row first, and the next I go right to machine work. But it's always different. Rep ranges can go from 8-20

Ox
08-18-08, 12:23 pm
thanks ox ill try that. hey also i have been reading a lot about to bring up lagging bodyparts to train them 3x a week just for aa short time though. do you think that is a good idea, since i need to bring up my arms? and if so how should my split look like?

I don't think 3x a week is a good idea but you can try it. I feel like that is too much. Just give arms their own day, blast em, and let em recuperate. And train back very hard!

Ox
08-18-08, 12:23 pm
hey ox how important is "Fats" when bulking?

As important as protein.

Ox
08-18-08, 12:25 pm
hey im going to take your guys' off season mass stack along with great gains. do you think i will see some good results from that?

So long as you are killing it in the gym and getting enough rest. Eat, sleep, and train. Make usre you do all 3 PERFECT. Then the supps will work.

Ox
08-18-08, 12:26 pm
when it goes to dieting(putting on mass) which is more importnt calories or micronutrients. because i have a diet that the micronutrients come out right but my calories are about 200 short.

In that case, up your macros (I assume you mean macros).

Ox
08-18-08, 12:27 pm
evan
how is your training going? hope everything is going well for you.

Training is going great. I'm 295 right now and maintaining. Come October, I'll hit ti very hard and put on as much size as I can to start dieting in January.

barbender18
08-18-08, 3:38 pm
yeah i meant macros. thanks so just bump them up so my calories are were they are needed? thanks ox you have been a huge help

GSant434
08-18-08, 6:49 pm
Hey Ox,

Really appreciate you being willing to take time out of your day to answer our questions. Cheers to that. I'm going to be going to be moving back down to school in South Jersey o start my Grad courses. Since I've opted for buying my own food for at least this semester, and because most of my classes are at night I've decided that I want to give Keto a try.
I've been on a cut since the beginning of June. I'm 5'9 and down to about 206 from 223 my bf was somewhere in the high teen's low 20's when I started. I'd like to get back down somewhere between 185-190. I had GDiesel help me with a cutting stack of:

8am: Cuts
8:45 Breakfast, Pak Slow release protein
2:15pm Cuts
2:30 Stak
3pm Nitro and lifting, Nitro again right before I do my cardio
Some whey protein 30-45 min after cardio
Omega at dinner time
Slow release protein before bed

I've got about a budget of about 2k for food, so I'm curious if you could recommend a planned diet for the first few days so I can be sure I'm inducing Keto.

Thanks GSant

Ox
08-19-08, 11:09 am
Hey Ox,

Really appreciate you being willing to take time out of your day to answer our questions. Cheers to that. I'm going to be going to be moving back down to school in South Jersey o start my Grad courses. Since I've opted for buying my own food for at least this semester, and because most of my classes are at night I've decided that I want to give Keto a try.
I've been on a cut since the beginning of June. I'm 5'9 and down to about 206 from 223 my bf was somewhere in the high teen's low 20's when I started. I'd like to get back down somewhere between 185-190. I had GDiesel help me with a cutting stack of:

8am: Cuts
8:45 Breakfast, Pak Slow release protein
2:15pm Cuts
2:30 Stak
3pm Nitro and lifting, Nitro again right before I do my cardio
Some whey protein 30-45 min after cardio
Omega at dinner time
Slow release protein before bed

I've got about a budget of about 2k for food, so I'm curious if you could recommend a planned diet for the first few days so I can be sure I'm inducing Keto.

Thanks GSant

The supp regimen that GDiesel put you on is solid. As for the diet, I'd go with this:

Meal 1: 2 scoops Ultra Iso Whey and 1 tbsp all natural peanut butter

Meal 2: 8 oz chicken, 1 cup green veggies, 1/4 cup raw nuts

Meal 3: same as 1

Meal 4: same as 2

Meal 5: 8 oz red meat, 1 cup green veggies, 1 tbsp olive oil

Meal 6: same as 1 + 3

That'll have you in ketosis in no time!

Lunatic001
08-19-08, 11:53 am
Ox,

I would really appreciate it if you would stop by my journey and post your thoughts on my keto diet. The link is in my signature. Thanks for the help. For supps I am using Uni-liver tabs, Omega, Nitro and Pak.

Thanks,
Lunatic001

jaredlee5
08-20-08, 8:15 pm
Quote:
Originally Posted by krazyassmexican Check Out Post
but my body weiight is gone to 224 lol
Then you don't need to be having glycemic carbs like rice and torrent. I would switch your carb choices maybe. Keep in mind that muscle raises your metabolism dramatically and the more muscle you can put on the leaner you will stay.

I've read the entire thread and i still dont fully understand this concept that i quoted here. Could OX or someone please explain the thinking behind this a bit more for me?? why the carb switch?

simpleguy
08-21-08, 1:55 am
I've read the entire thread and i still dont fully understand this concept that i quoted here. Could OX or someone please explain the thinking behind this a bit more for me?? why the carb switch?

in that post krazy was asking for advice since he was getting smooth... Ox suggested switching high GI carb sources like rice and torrent to lower GI carb sources (oats, sweet potatoes, brown rice)... insulin is a key factor in fat gaining

flamey40
08-21-08, 12:31 pm
Hey Evan,

Not sure if this was answered before or not, I looked through a bunch of pages and didn't see anything. Sorry if this is a duplicate question. When you're dieting and you choose one of your meals to be a shake instead of a whole meal. Do you or can you use Real Gains as one of these meals? Yes, I know Real Gains is intended for a bulk cycle. Currently I just take a casein protein shake along w/ a 1/2 cup of oatmeal. This is, of course, not following the ketosis diet, but what do you think?

ROC1291
08-21-08, 12:33 pm
Just wondering what the benefits would be if someone at my current weight of 181/182 and on keto started taking two packs of Omega per day?

One437
08-21-08, 3:55 pm
Ox,

I was wondering how you deal with, or what you suggest for symmetry problems. Do you know of a specific approach I could use to bring up the smaller parts? Should I do extra reps, sets, exercises, workouts or use more weight with the lacking muscle to make the two equal? As well, what would be the optimal rep range and frequency?

Thanks.

Ox
08-22-08, 1:19 pm
Hey Evan,

Not sure if this was answered before or not, I looked through a bunch of pages and didn't see anything. Sorry if this is a duplicate question. When you're dieting and you choose one of your meals to be a shake instead of a whole meal. Do you or can you use Real Gains as one of these meals? Yes, I know Real Gains is intended for a bulk cycle. Currently I just take a casein protein shake along w/ a 1/2 cup of oatmeal. This is, of course, not following the ketosis diet, but what do you think?

When I'm dieting I don't eat carbs. Real gains has a significant amount of carbs. I just use 3 scoops iso-whey and 2 tbsp all natural peanut butter. At least in my opinion, using real gains when dieting will not lead to optimal results.

Ox
08-22-08, 1:23 pm
Just wondering what the benefits would be if someone at my current weight of 181/182 and on keto started taking two packs of Omega per day?

The omega-3s will improve insulin sensitivity which means you'll become more senistive to the insulin you're producting and thus, your body will produce less (not more than you need). This will keep you leaner and improve pumps. The omega-6s will help your body produce prostaglandins which are key for muscle growth. In short, Omega will keep you leaner while helping you grow. It'll help you look and feel better.

Ox
08-22-08, 1:28 pm
Ox,

I was wondering how you deal with, or what you suggest for symmetry problems. Do you know of a specific approach I could use to bring up the smaller parts? Should I do extra reps, sets, exercises, workouts or use more weight with the lacking muscle to make the two equal? As well, what would be the optimal rep range and frequency?

Thanks.

You need to assess why your weaknesse are weak and your strentghs are strengths. If you're doing something different for your strong bodyparts then you do that for your weaker parts. If you treat your strong parts the same as your weak parts then you need to do soemthing different! I don't know what else to say. There's no clear cut formula for bringing up weak bodyparts. Any number of things can be done to bring up a weak part depending on the reason why it is lagging. The thing you NEED to focus on is finding out WHY it is lagging.

Maiden69
08-22-08, 1:41 pm
When I'm dieting I don't eat carbs. Real gains has a significant amount of carbs. I just use 3 scoops iso-whey and 2 tbsp all natural peanut butter. At least in my opinion, using real gains when dieting will not lead to optimal results.

Hey Evan, regarding this answer. Will it be OK to just have the whey in 2 meals and no fats? I'm dieting now, and I eat 5 meals 3 solid and 2 shakes. Here is a rough of my leals.
1.eggs+meat+cheese
2. 34g whey
3.steak-pork-chicken
4. 34g whey
5.steak-pork-chicken

I'm at 211 today, from 225 that I started. I'm guessing that I'm at about 170 lbw(lean body weight) comming back from surgery, so the weight is going down with only 1 cardio session of 30 min to deplete the glycogen before carb day.

I try to go for 200g+protein with 140g fats (on the Anabolic Diet) which to my understanding is close to the Keto during the week. I'm leaning out, losing between 2 and 3 weekly. But I will like to know if I should lean out the solid meals and add some fats to the shakes or if it should be OK the way I'm doing it. I'm eating spinach with meals 3 and 5 and taking fiber sup at 1.

Thanks for all the help you have laid in this thread! I still haven't go thru it entirely but I have learned so much already.