PDA

View Full Version : Animal Pump or Torrent?

Whiteseraph86
06-23-07, 2:21 pm
Here's the deal - I only got an extra $30 to my name. Now, having already got the Pak, which should I buy, Pump or Torrent? Creatine is definitely a priority as far as supplements go, but ideally I would be using a Storm/Torrent combo since powders have always worked much better for me. However, like I said, I can only get one supplement. So post please!

Skater51o
06-23-07, 2:45 pm
If you dont have the storm yet get the pump. Pump is going to be your pre work out supp and torrent is a PWO. Sure torrent has some creatine in it, but the pump is gonna have your no boosters and energizers to get you goin for your workout. It will help you get a really good pump which will really help your muscle growth.

So recap, Get pump, finish up your workouts with normal whey if you got it. Plus, with the pump you are getting a month worth of servings, torrent only comes with 15.

B.C.
06-23-07, 3:11 pm
Torrent is supposed to be REALLY good stuff, don't get me wrong, but if you can only get one, go with the Pump. First off, the price per serving ratio is WAY better with Pump. Second, Torrent is brand new, and bodybuilders have been doing just fine with Dextrose and Whey PWO for years. I get my dextrose at a health food shop for like 2 bucks a pound, and until I find Waxy Maize (aka Vitagro) at that price, I'm just not ready to switch yet. I hope this helps Bro, good luck either way.

B.C.

Whiteseraph86
06-23-07, 3:37 pm
Dextrose & whey? What good is that?

musclealchemist
06-23-07, 4:35 pm
torrent def. from what i father you already have some storm, so that is good enough for creatine. Torrent helps you recover quicker, plus helps more nutrients get to your muscles.

B.C.
06-23-07, 6:30 pm
Dextrose & whey? What good is that?

Quick carbs, quick protien, that's what good that is.

rippedquest
07-15-07, 7:43 pm
Whats up everybody? I have been taking the pump/torrent stack now and have really seen some good improvements. Although I had been lifting for a while, torrent was the first post-workout supplement I have taken besides whey protein with milk. My question is, im broke now and wanted to know what would be a good, cheap substitute for torrent until I can get together some cash for a new tub?

sully
07-15-07, 8:00 pm
One cheaper alternative would be a gatorade with a protein shake.

rippedquest
07-15-07, 8:07 pm
That would be a lot of liquid right after working. Are there any other options that involve less fluid?

workoutfreakk
07-15-07, 8:31 pm
That would be a lot of liquid right after working. Are there any other options that involve less fluid?

I put both the protein powder and the gatorade powder in my shaker, fill it to the top, shake, and drink. It's not that much liquid at all.

rihbucay
07-16-07, 6:46 pm
Hello Bro! (I´m Spanish, and i´m tallkig as you!) if for any reason you can´t drink whey protein whit a simple carb, and you have to eat a solid meal, for me a good options are:

1· rice cakes (very high index glucemic) + whites
2· potato baked (very high index glucemic) + whites

For nutrition i believe that it´s very important to know your body composition and your lean body mass for being accurate with amounts of porteins and carbs depending your goals.

The Underdog
01-23-08, 3:10 pm
First off, is this a good stack to go with? My goal is to lower my body fat % as much as possible while preserving as much muscle as possible. My diet's pretty solid, and my workout (lifting 5 days a week for roughly 40-45 minutes, followed by 20-25 minutes of cardio) is doing well, but I'm looking to add some supplements to aid with the whole process. If it is a quality stack to go with, can anyone recommend a solid supplement schedule? I usually train in the early afternoons (Noon-ish) and get up around 9:30 am. If it's not a good stack, feel free to offer a different solution. I'm also already using Pak, BTW. Thanks in advance; reading everyone's posts on this forum has helped me out tremendously already.

ProteinJunkie
01-23-08, 4:12 pm
This is how I’d do it...

Cuts: Upon waking

Pak: With breakfast

M-Stak: 45 minutes before training *

Pump: 15 minutes later : 30 minutes before training *

Torrent: Post training (and intra training if you so please)

Cuts: Mid afternoon between meals

* You can opt to remove one of the red energy complex pills in either M-Stak or Pump. However some take them both – trial and error with your own specific needs/desires.

This of course goes without saying that you are over 21, right young man?

Hope this helps.

PJ

The Underdog
01-23-08, 4:15 pm
This is how I’d do it...

Cuts: Upon waking

Pak: With breakfast

M-Stak: 45 minutes before training *

Pump: 15 minutes later : 30 minutes before training *

Torrent: Post training (and intra training if you so please)

Cuts: Mid afternoon between meals

* You can opt to remove one of the red energy complex pills in either M-Stak or Pump. However some take them both – trial and error with your own specific needs/desires.

This of course goes without saying that you are over 21, right young man?

Hope this helps.

PJ

Yeah, I'm 22, almost 23, so I should be good as far as that goes. That schedule looks great. Thanks a bunch for the help.

preachertuck
05-18-09, 3:44 pm
I have read in a few articles that caffeine should not be taken within 6 hours of using creatine. Is there any truth to this?? I am taking Storm pre-workout and Torrent post-workout. I have been on this for two weeks along with Animal Test. Was curious if Animal Pump would be a better product than Storm for pre-workout?

C.Coronato
05-18-09, 4:19 pm
You are fine taking it that way. However, Storm is a creatine supplement, and Pump is a preworkout supplement with creatine. You can take all three.

Wasteland
05-18-09, 4:24 pm
I have read in a few articles that caffeine should not be taken within 6 hours of using creatine. Is there any truth to this?? I am taking Storm pre-workout and Torrent post-workout. I have been on this for two weeks along with Animal Test. Was curious if Animal Pump would be a better product than Storm for pre-workout?

Animal Pump is specifically a "pre-workout" supplement due, in part, to the stims for focus and energy. In this way, it is superior to Storm. As for using Animal Pump and Torrent, this is a great stack. The other option is Shock Therapy/Torrent. If you do go with Pump, you won't need that serving of Storm on lifting days.

mritter3
05-18-09, 9:17 pm
you could take pump pre workout, storm intra workout, and torrent post workout....ran it a few times good stack, and you can throw test in there as well since your already taking it.

preachertuck
05-18-09, 9:56 pm
Thanks for the replies, fellas. But what about the creatine and caffeine mix? Has anyone else heard that this is a no go? I read the article on bodybuilding.com, I will try to find it and post. So does anyone know about this? That was my only concern with the Pump (pre) combined with Torrent (post), the caffeine levels in Pump.

Survivor831
05-18-09, 10:41 pm
I have heard something about this as well, however, I have taken both together before as I am sure quite a few other people on this forum have, and have had fantastic results. Whether it be Shock Therapy or Pump. Go with it.

Aggression
05-19-09, 8:30 am
Thanks for the replies, fellas. But what about the creatine and caffeine mix? Has anyone else heard that this is a no go? I read the article on bodybuilding.com, I will try to find it and post. So does anyone know about this? That was my only concern with the Pump (pre) combined with Torrent (post), the caffeine levels in Pump.

You're fine. If I'm not mistaken, one of the threads on bb.com spoke about the benefits of taking creatine in warm/hot water, and coffee was used an as example; something about the higher temperature allowing for greater absorption. Either way, you're fine.

preachertuck
05-19-09, 10:24 am
That is great, I love "iron" with my coffee!!! I have been cutting coffee on my training days because of the caffeine, but I begin my workouts at 5:30am. Nice to know that I can get back into the swing with a little added edge. By the way, what is the primary difference between Storm and Pump. Is it simply the caffeine? I love Storm and will probably stick with it and my coffee, but are there other benefits to using Pump instead?

Aggression
05-19-09, 10:29 am
That is great, I love "iron" with my coffee!!! I have been cutting coffee on my training days because of the caffeine, but I begin my workouts at 5:30am. Nice to know that I can get back into the swing with a little added edge. By the way, what is the primary difference between Storm and Pump. Is it simply the caffeine? I love Storm and will probably stick with it and my coffee, but are there other benefits to using Pump instead?

Storm is a creatine-blend. Pump is a full pre workout supplement containing n.o., creatine, and an energy complex. Storm/coffee would be ok, but you wouldn't be getting the n.o. that is available in Pump. You can do either or. Its up to you.

preachertuck
05-19-09, 11:14 am
Is the iNOXsulin-7 not the same?

Aggression
05-19-09, 11:17 am
Is the iNOXsulin-7 not the same?

The ingredients differ a bit. Storm is more of a creatine product, while Pump is considered a legit pre workout.

preachertuck
05-19-09, 11:25 am
Hey thanks for your help, aggression, I appreciate the info. I am by no means a bodybuilder, but I love to hit the weights, and hit them hard. And if there is a supp that can help me accomplish my goals, and I can afford it, I'm there! Thanks again.

boondocker
08-07-09, 6:42 pm
i have used the two in the same stack before, but am thinking just to drop pump and stay with torrent, any quick opinions?

C.Coronato
08-10-09, 11:36 am
i have used the two in the same stack before, but am thinking just to drop pump and stay with torrent, any quick opinions?

What are your goals? They are different products and can be used together or separate. If you do not feel you want the preworkout NO complex, creatine, and energy boost, then you wouldnt need the Pump.

boondocker
08-10-09, 1:10 pm
right, i like the energy with pump, but think i may hold off on this stack due to the economy. i am stictly lookking to put on size and power. however the new cuts looks promising for the next stack to shred up a bit.

Shifty
08-10-09, 1:11 pm
The Stack i am on at the mo is Pak/Pump/M sTAK Pre Work Out and 2 Scoop's of Torrent Post Work Out.

Its a great stak and the gains is tops.

Keep Banging Brov.

BubbyLight
08-10-09, 10:22 pm
yea whats the goals and what are ur pre workout supps gonna be

boondocker
08-11-09, 8:48 am
i am looking for more size at the moment. prework out has been pump. i will continue with some stak later.

CuttDeez
08-11-09, 9:02 am
alright I am a little confused. Let me try to work things out.

You are saying that you are using pump and torrent now but you are going to drop pump and keep torrent because of the economy.

Then later you say you are going to add stak.

I am confused. please slear this up so we can give some advise. Is the economy the issue or are you just asking what would be best to pack on the lbs

Angst
08-11-09, 11:27 am
If the money is tight, you may want to try EAA Nitro with creatine mono during workout. I've used it in the past with great results. It gives you energy, pump, the aminos keep you anti-catabolic during the workout. You can get EAA Nitro for around $16 at supplementwarehouse.com with price match.

boondocker
08-11-09, 12:55 pm
cuttdezz. i am referring to what is the best results for the bigger size, if i can can just get away from pump for now because i think i will get better results for size along from torrent, right. as far as prework out i may throw stak into it later , but dropping pump for now because i already have a creatine in torrent. i know that pump also is a good no and energy supp , but may supplement stak in place of pump later to save some money in the mean time. does that help?

CuttDeez
08-11-09, 1:05 pm
It helps. I will say this though. When you are trying to get bigger you need to eat huge adn stay anabolic 24/7. Those are some of your biggest goals.

Torrent will help
Nitro will help keep you anabolic
Pump is a great tool for putting on mass
I have not tried stak as I am only 20. What I would say is that most of it comes down to the things I mentioned above.

I would make sure you are getting protien and aminos throughout the day. Eat huge to get huge.
I like uni-liver as well.

boondocker
08-11-09, 1:49 pm
right, i do eat well and regular. however i have not tried uni liver. would that be benefical for gaining mass?

CuttDeez
08-11-09, 1:53 pm
right, i do eat well and regular. however i have not tried uni liver. would that be benefical for gaining mass?

In my opinion yes! it helps increase your overall protien intake and it gives you a great amino profile throughout the day. It helps keep you anabolic all day and helps with protein utalization.

boondocker
08-11-09, 3:08 pm
i may consider uni liver in the future , thanks.

t_mh
08-19-09, 7:48 pm
I know there are a lot of pump threads and a lot of torrent threads but I didn't find one that really answered my question, so please excuse this.

Everyone seems to really love torrent and pump. But, if I were to limit myself to one (I realize that it's viable to take both), which should it be? Just some basic info: I am 18 and bulking and probably starting a 5/3/1 soon. I have never tried either torrent or pump. I have never even used creatine. I do like the idea of the vasodilators in pump which a lot of people rave about, but I worry a bit about the energy stuff-- I don't want my heart to feel like a time bomb. I could definitely ditch the vasodilators though so don't let that influence your advice too much.

I think if I were to go with pump I would take either real gains after or whey. With torrent I would take no pre-supp and probably end up taking an RG shake about an hour after. In both cases I may be taking intra-aid during my workout.

Thanks a lot guys. I'm pretty new with creatine and trying to feel my way around these supplements.

TigerAce01
08-19-09, 8:01 pm
I don't really even use creatine now, unless it happens to be in a product I like for it's other ingredients, never really felt anything from it. It's hard to say one or the other, because they're like apples and oranges. If I had to choose, I'd take the Torrent...I have always seen great results, and it also has creatine, the same amount as in Pump if I am not mistaken. It also has a bunch of aminos, a great mix of carbs, and very efficient protein. And I would get in a whole meal about 45 minutes after the Torrent, not another shake.

-Ace

t_mh
08-19-09, 9:06 pm
Alright cool. Thanks. Maybe I would save the shake for before bed.

t_mh
08-19-09, 9:07 pm
And, yeah, they do have the same amount of creatine.

TigerAce01
08-19-09, 9:10 pm
Or you can drink it before your workout. Nice fuel, and should give a nice pump because of the massive amino content.

And if you do want the energy boost, pretty much the same complex comes in Kwik Energy, and even the retail price is dirt cheap for 60 servings. I love Universal.

-Ace

pmug0000
08-19-09, 11:09 pm
The stims in pump are pretty mild IMO so you don't need to worry about feeling your heart is gonna explode. But personally if I had to choose between the two I would go with torrent. As we all know it's great for post-workout, but it is also a VERY underrated pre-workout supplement, it just won't give you the energy boost of other pre-workout supplements.

J-Dawg
08-20-09, 9:02 am
As the fellas above said, I would suggest going with Torrent. You get the creatine, hydro whey, carbs, electrolyes and extra amino's for PWO recovery. Really an ideal blend for preventing muscle catabolism PWO and switching the body's state over to an anabolic one for muscle repair.

violator
08-20-09, 9:13 am
which should I buy, Pump or Torrent? I can only get one supplement. So post please!

TORRENT!!!

t_mh
08-20-09, 2:57 pm
Fuck I can't believe there was already an identical thread. Sorry, guys.