PDA

View Full Version : B.C.'s Journey Part II

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

B.C.
06-24-07, 5:23 pm
I have grown a lot in the last few months, physically yes, but more important, mentally. I realized that if I ever wanted to take my physique to the next level, I had to take my training to the next level. This meant making less excuses, and taking more responsibility.

I gotta get my shit together. I have to work harder than I ever have before: sweat more, bleed more, eat more, lift more. I gotta eat cleaner, I gotta lift heavier. I have to rid myself of all the detours in the way of my destination, especially the self imposed ones.

This phase of my journey is all about me getting my shit together, and taking it to the next level. These are all the steps I'm taking to finally get myself up on the stage for the first time.

I'll no doubt learn from all the stage vets out there that hopefully post their thoughts along the way and guide me through my journey. Maybe I'll even teach some of my brothers and sisters here at the forvm a couple of things too. Either way, here goes part II of the maturation and growth of B.C.

sully
06-24-07, 7:28 pm
good luck brother. You seem prepared to do what it takes...

B.C.
06-26-07, 11:17 am
Incline: 115 X 12, 135 X 10, 155 X 8, 175 X 6, 185 X 4, 205 X 1.5 (supposed to be 2)
Flat: 135 X 12, 155 X 8+2, 165 X 4.5 (supposed to match sets of flat, just didn't have it in me)
Pec-Deck: 90 X 12, 10, 85 X 9, 70 X slow 10+static hold on last rep
Cable Inc Fly: 4 (plates) X 9, 8, 3 X 10, 10
Squats: 185 X 12, 225 X 12, 245 X 10, 275 X 6 (coulda been deeper)
Leg Press: 400 x 12, 12, 12
Leg Ext: 130 X 10, 115 X 12, 100 X 6+3+2+1

The plan is to keep plugging along until I can do 12, 10, 8, 6, 4, 2 for both incline, and flat (alternating which is first weekly). I like to keep it simple (two presses, two flys), but I want to work up to 20 sets total. My quads were toasted after just those 10 sets. I'm just doing maintenance on them until I bring my upper body up to match, but I still like to hit 'em hard. I went for intensity, in lieu of volume. I still almost fell down the stairs walking back to my car.

sully
06-26-07, 1:27 pm
Nice workout, way to get a good burn going...

B.C.
06-27-07, 11:04 am
Triangle Bar Pushdowns: 80 X 20 (too light), 120 X 12 (still a bit too light), 140 X 10, 160 X 8, 180 X 5+1 (bit too heavy, but I'll try it again next week)
Skull Crushers: 60 X 11, 60 X 8 (too light), 70 X 6
Hand to Hand superset*
*1 Arm overhead DB ext: 20 X 8, 15 X 8, 8
*DB Kickbacks: 20 X 8, 15 X 8, 8
Rope press downs w/ 20 sec hold: 25/20 X 3/9, 20 X 12, 12
Alt DB curl rack run: 40, 35, 30, 25, 20, 15 X 6 each
Dropset 21's: 40, 20
"No" Buddy curls: 40 x 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1

Those dropset 21's are a bitch. The rack run started one set heavier than last week, so I was real happy about that. Those static pause ropes suck real bad too. You can just see the cable vibrating in front of your face as your tri's tremble for the entire 20 seconds of the last few reps. This workout is all about intensity techniques. I have moved a lot more weight before, but no arm workout I have ever done compares to this one in terms of the pump you generate, and the amount of soreness you feel the next day.

B.C.
06-27-07, 11:34 am
In my last journey, I hardly ever mentioned my diet (mostly because it sucked). I figured I'd start this one out by getting it out there, that way if I'm having really good results (or not so good results), I can look back to this post as a reason why. I eat pretty much the same thing every day. This is for two reasons 1.) I am a creature of habit, and 2.) Once I find a set of meals that fit in my lunchbox, and are readily eaten at work, I stick to them. Here goes a normal day (if there is such a thing):

Meal 1: Either 3 scoops of Real Gains, a quick egg (2 whole) sandwich on whole wheat toast, or eggs (2 whole, 4 whites) and 1/2c oatmeal
Meal 2: Whatever the family has for dinner, with added protien of some type.
Meal 3: Post workout, 3 scoops Real Gains
Meal 4: Two natural PB & J's on whole wheat
Meal 5: 6-8oz Lean protien (beef, chicken, fish), baked sweet potato, or brown rice
Meal 6: another 6-8oz lean protien w/ lots of veggies
Meal 7: optional, and only if I'm still hungry before bed: 3 scoops Real Gains, or a cup of no fat cottage cheese.

I keep my meals on the smaller side, both to help me get them all down, and because I still want my metabolism high. I have a tendancy to put fat on pretty fast if I'm not careful.

sully
06-27-07, 4:51 pm
looks like you got everything in order. That arm workout is insane. Keep it up.

B.C.
06-27-07, 10:52 pm
looks like you got everything in order. That arm workout is insane. Keep it up.

Thanks for the support bro. I had to take drastic measures against my arms. Right now they measure 15.25" cold but flexed. They look like twigs when I do lat spreads or stand relaxed. I put that quarter inch on them in just the last couple of months too. They just won't look right until I get 'em up over 16 inches. I'm just taking it a quarter inch at a time, hopefully puting about that much on every month. This month it's this workout, and next month, I'll go back to doing heavy close grip benches, dips, and barbell curls for lower reps for a month...then back to the insanity.

B.C.
07-03-07, 11:25 am
I haven't been able to hit my back real hard for a while because my lower back always seems to be bothering me. Nothing too painful, but enough to make me a bit wary. It shows too, all my lifts for back went down a bit:

Neutral Grip Pull-Ups: 7, 6, 5, 4
Wide Grip Pull-Downs: 115 X 8, 10, 10, 8
Lying Leg Curls*: 32.5 X 15, 50 X 15, 62.5 X 12, 8+1.5
Standing Calf Raises*: 160 for 12, 12, 12, 10
Bent Over Rows: 95 X 12, 115 X 12, 135 X 10, 155 X 6
T-Bars: 90 X 10, 8, 8, 8
Sled Calf Raises*: 290 X 15, 15, 12, 15
Lying Leg Curls*: 62.5 x 15, 75 X 4+hold, 62.5 X 7, 50 X 12

*superset

Like I said before, I'm just doing maintenance on my legs for now. The calves could have used a bit more though, and I was planning on 4 sets of deads at the end, I just ran out of time. I tried doing deads at the beginning of the workout, I just didn't have anything left for the rest, so I do them last. I'm no powerlifter, so the numbers don't matter as much, I just love the way you feel after doing deads. You feel the muscles the next day, like to big tenderloins all the way down your back...just like a bull. All in all a good workout though, nowhere to go but up.

B.C.
07-06-07, 6:13 pm
I did the good daddy thing, and took little man to the gym with me today. I figured shoulders was a safe workout for him to be there for. I get three sets into the military presses and what happens? Some aerobics instructor lookin' bitch comes up to me and says that kids under 13 aren't allowed in the gym, even if they're supervised by adults. She tells me about the family room, which of course I already know about, but all it has in it is some cardio stuff and a home gym type machine. I'm like "Lady, do I look like I could get a workout on that damn machine, you have to be fuckin' kidding me!" So of course I have to bring little man back home, and he's crying because he waited all day for this father/son trip to the gym, and now he can't stay. Luckily I live on base so it was only a minor interuption. I get back all pissed off, which of course can be good for a workout:

Military Presses: Bar X 15, 65 X 15, 95 X 12, 115 X 8, 125 X 5
UR Rows: 95 X 10, 105 X 8, 115 X 5+1 (donned some straps), 115 X 8, 125 X 4+1
DB Raises (face down on incline bench): 20 X 15, 25 X 12, 30 X 8, 25 X 12, 20 X 10+5
DB Lat Raises w/ 5 sec hold: 15 X 8, 7, 7, 6, 5

Those 5 sec raises really got the striations poppin'! When I got home, my shoulders were still on fire. Same as for chest, I like to keep it simple; 20 sets, but only four exercises. This was really the first time I used a barbell for presses. I'm still tinkering with the set-up of the cage we have for them, but I'll get it soon enough, and the weight should go up pretty drastically for a few weeks once I get used to the balancing act. All in all, a pretty good workout. Tomorrow is Arms...can't wait.

B.C.
07-08-07, 6:04 pm
I figured something out today...4 whole eggs provides enough liquid to moisten 1/2c of oatmeal enough to eat. I put the eggs in a bowl, broke them open, and mixed the oats in. I waited a few minutes to let the yolks do their thing, then ate the whole thing at once. This was way better than eating the eggs and a bowl of oatmeal separately. Anyways, on to the workout:

Triangle bar pressdowns: 100 X 20, 130 X 12, 145 X 10, 160 X 8, 180 X 6
Skull crushers: 55 X 11, 60 X 8, 70 X 6
1 arm overhead DB extensions*: 15 X 8, 20 X 8, 25 X 6
DB kickbacks*: 15 X 8, 15 X 8, 20 X 8
20sec Rope Holds: 22.5 X 12, 12, 12
Rack Run (alt DB curl): 40's down to 15's X 6
Drop 21's: 45/25--got the full 21 on the 45, but had to do 5's+2's on the 25
"No" buddy curls: 40 X 10 down to 1

I used a straight bar for everything today, instead of an e-z curl bar, just for some variety. The 21's and buddy curls were a shit load harder with the straight bar. I can definitely see a difference in my arms from this workout, especially my tri's. I'll do it one more time, then go back to a heavier, lower rep arm workout. I am looking forward to it, just because I like change. I miss close grip benches and heavy weighted dips/barbell curls.

I start 12 hour shifts again tonight; and unfortunately, I'll end up being awake for about 24 hours by the time I get off. I'll have to work out a gym schedule for this week. I'll probably just play it by ear. Due to the lack of sleep tonight, I'll take tomorrow off, but i'll be back at it Tuesday evening.

B.C.
07-11-07, 6:26 pm
I'm working 12 hour shifts for the next week, nightshift 12's at that. I won't be getting enough sleep, and my diet will not be perfect. Basically what I'm getitng at is my recovery will be down a bit this week, so I'm going to adjust my workouts a bit, so as not to overtrain this week. I won't have the time to spend in the gym either, 45 min workouts are the goal...here was the first one, chest/quads:

Superset 1, Incline Bench/SM Squat:
135 X 12/135 X 12
145 X 10/185 X 12
155 X 8/225 X 12
165 X 6/245 X 12
175 X 4 (could have gone heavier)
205 X 1+neg+iso contraction (I just pushed as hard as I could against the weight for 10 seconds)

Superset 2, Flat Bench/Leg Press:
135 X 12/400 X 12
145 X 10/450 X 12
155 X 8/ 450 X 12
165 X 6
175 X 4
185 X 2 (should have gone heavier)

Short Superset 3, Pec-Deck/Leg Ext
100 X 12/175 X 12
115 X 5
OUT OF TIME...OUT OF GAS...TIME TO GO HOME

Some ass hole was doing legs, and kept coming up behind me and stealing whatever leg exercise I was doing. I just didn't have time to argue, or work in, so I just moved on.
I grabbed a spot for my last set of flat bench, so that 185 was way too easy, even he said it. This made me realize that I really should try and find a workout partner again. Just the fact that the spot was there made me a lot more confident in the lift. I like workin' out solo, but I just can't go balls out every set when I'm by myself.
Those supersets kicked my ass. I need to start doing cardio again, so I can do more of them. Much respect to Toni for how good of shape she's in to do all those supersets. I'm going to work on it. That's it for today brothers (and sisters). Stay Strong.

firebeast
07-11-07, 7:02 pm
down week hell, that was a great workout. dude, the faster you can get in and out of a gym anyway the better. a college football weight trainer said that you don't need to spend more than an hour in the gym. if it takes you more than an hour to fatigue a muscle then you aren't workin hard enough. thusfar in my workouts i will have to agree with him. stay animal man your workouts look great.

Lowdown5
07-11-07, 7:04 pm
Workin 12's and then hitting the weights like that, damn Bro, good job.

B.C.
07-13-07, 8:16 am
Still working 12's so this was a shorter version of a workout too. Next week will be back to normal.

Shoulder Press: Heavy sets were down a bit from last week, but I rested a lot less in between sets, and I was pissed off last week.
45 X 20
65 X 15
95 X 10
115 X 5

UR Row: Moved right into it, just dropped the bar off the racks down to the stops and used the same weight as I ended with on the presses.
115 X 6
105 X 8
95 X 10
75 X 10+3+2 great burn from this rest/pause set

Rear Delt Raise: Face down on an incline bench with dumbells.
35 X 10 form wasn't the greatest, but the 25's and 30's were all gone
3ea 25 X 10 much better form, and holds at the top

SM Shrugs: This is it for traps today, but I'm gonna waste 'em
135 X 15
155 X 12
185 X 12
205 X 8
225 X 6, now the fun begins...
205/185/135 X 7/6/7 plus a few hard flexes after the set

I liked this workout a lot, short and sweet. 18 sets, a rest/pause, and a double drop, all in under 9 Pantera songs.

firebeast
07-13-07, 10:30 am
great workout. don't worry about the numbers, just keep gettin in there and tearin it up and your numbers can't help but go up.

Toni69
07-13-07, 11:13 am
Hey..let's touch a few things that you mentioned throughout your journey so far..ok??

1) You said: "I gotta get my shit together. I have to work harder than I ever have before: sweat more, bleed more, eat more, lift more. I gotta eat cleaner, I gotta lift heavier. I have to rid myself of all the detours in the way of my destination, especially the self imposed ones."

dam straight here...the only thing..I dont want to know your bleeding at any point during training!...;)

Eating clean is a good idea..but I suggest you do what most of us do in the off season...a clean bulk all week, meaning more oats, sweet pot's, brown rice, less junk...then allow yourself your cheat meal day once a week to jumpstart your metabolism and help with recovery (cause of the extra claories and carbs your getting on that day), and just because you deserve the cheat.

Even in the beginning of my dieting, I allow for a cheat meal once a week..till I get closer to show time..then I cut it out altogether...usually round 11-12 wks out...depends on how I look at the time.

2) High volume isnt the only way to get the most out of your wo's either..always change things up...never stick to doing the same thing for too long cause then the body will get too comfortable and wont respond. I learned this as I started this new 4-wk leg split...less volume, higher intensity and heavier weights...this is really effective and is helping me not only get stronger but gain some solid size too.

3) Drop sets, super sets, Giant sets...they all rock. I also use different training principles for intensity purposes...the shocking principle (Arnold talks about this and I mentioned it before)...shocking the body with new shit.
Forced reps (need a partner), negatives (also need a spot), partial reps, power training, pre-exhaustion, rest/pause...so many to choose from.

4) Low back issues..I had 2 bulging disks when I was getting ready for my second show..worst pain I ever experienced in my entire life! I worked through it and now I have never been stronger than I am now. Stretch, stretch and stretch some more after every wo for at least 15 min.

Tight hams will cause low back probs..stretch those hams! Weak abs also cause low back probs. Your transverse abdominus (ab muscles you cannot see on the outside) support and cushion your lowback. Do core and ball exercises to strengthen those muscles every other day.

5) Your seriously kicking ass here..you need anything or have a question..just ask me or anyone else here at any time!

B.C.
07-14-07, 5:31 am
Ok, ok...no bleeding.
Thanks for taking time out to look at my thread here Toni. Any advice you give will be taken to heart, I can assure you of that. I started to do a whole lot more supersets, and it's pretty much because of you. I'd say near half of my workouts consist of supersets now. I love rest/pause sets too...LOVE 'em. I'm doing a lot more volume now, just because I wasn't doing that before, so I am using the shock principle now...by doing a lot more sets than I'm used to. I'm kind of using all the volume and supersets as cardio right now too. I really don't have a lot of time..my wife is giving just about all she's gonna give for now..so I don't do a whole lot of other cardio, so I just started resting a lot less during my workouts and getting all the cardio I could out of lifting.

Lowdown5
07-14-07, 11:40 am
Bro, you are doing more than most people can imagine under the circumstances (12 hour shifts etc) My Dad used to always tell us, Do what you can, when you can the best you can. You are living that, stay strong.

Toni69
07-14-07, 12:17 pm
Sounds good here...just keep pushing through. Days where you feel like crap..those tend to be my best wo's..so dont let up on those days either.

Im watching you! LOL...seriously..I am!

B.C.
07-14-07, 1:36 pm
Sounds good here...just keep pushing through. Days where you feel like crap..those tend to be my best wo's..so dont let up on those days either.

Im watching you! LOL...seriously..I am!

Of course you're watching...you're a Watchman, that's what you do...lol.

Toni69
07-14-07, 1:55 pm
Of course you're watching...you're a Watchman, that's what you do...lol.

Well...I peruse through everyone's threads here ..but I WATCH certain members...get my drift? LOL

B.C.
07-14-07, 6:40 pm
Well...I peruse through everyone's threads here ..but I WATCH certain members...get my drift? LOL

Then I'll take it as a compliment...thank you very much. Watch away!

B.C.
07-17-07, 10:18 am
I was running WAAY late tonight. Little man had a tee ball game, and by the time we ate supper and I got ready to go, I only had about 40 minutes of workout time left. Gotta boogie...

Flat Bench:
135 X 12
155 X 10
175 X 8
185 X 4

Incline Bench:
95 X 12
115 X 12
135 X 7
155 X 7

Dips: No weight today
8 overlapped with a set of Crossovers and couldn't even do anymore

Cable Crossovers: First set overlapped with last set of dips
60 X 8
50 X 9
50 X 8
50 X 8

Decided to finish off with some push-ups..off some dumbells for the extra stretch:
Neutral grip, shoulder width X 7
Normal grip, shoulder width X 9
Neutral grip, real wide X 2

I took next to no rest in between all sets today, and it shows by the sharp decline in strength throughout the workout. Not even Big Ant's workout drink, which is nothing short of a miracle, could keep up tonight. I ended up finishing in a little over a half an hour, and that last number is correct...I could only do TWO wide push-ups by the time I was done. My pecs were HUGE when I was done though! Pumed up bigger than I have ever seen them! I do need to get back to slower paced lifting though, I just have to push some weight once in a while. Great workout though, considering.

Toni69
07-17-07, 11:26 am
Awesome wo for 40min..totally packed and strong...well done!

B.C.
07-18-07, 11:29 am
I actually had enough time to get in a full workout. I just felt like getting more reps in, so I went for pull-downs instead of pull-ups...just for this week. I went strapless this week too, just to see if I could do it...I did.

Wide Grip pull-downs:
115 X 12
120 X 12
125 X 8
130 X 7

Neutral, Close Grip pull-downs:
130 X 8
125 X 8
120 X 8
115 X 8

SM BO Row:
135 X 12
155 X 12
165 X 6
135 X 10, real slow and controlled

Un-weighted back extensions:
4ea X 12

Rack Lock-outs: bars set right at knee height
135 X 8
185 X 6
225 X 6
275 X 4

I haven't deadlifted in forever, so I decided to go with the lockouts for a few weeks before gettin' it from the floor. It felt good to pull again, I may not wait a few weeks. It was a long night at work, I'm going to bed. Stay Strong brothers and sisters.

B.C.
07-19-07, 10:48 am
My wife (of 7 years) and I are finally going to take our honeymoon this year. We are going on a cruise in mid-December. So my plan is to keep the bulk going until the end of September, then start cutting from October 'til the cruise. Nothing too drastic, just enough to get in good "cruise shape". Then I'll just keep the cut going after the cruise and do my first show as early in '08 as I can. I should be ready by February or March. The wifey ain't too keen on me doing a show, but she'll get over it. It's just something I want to do, and I won't forgive myself if I give up on it.

firebeast
07-19-07, 11:41 am
your workouts are very diversified, i like that. that's great about your cruise. everyone deserves a honeymoon. nomatter how long it takes(still waitin on mine, been six years).

B.C.
07-20-07, 11:30 am
Had a good workout today. Started off well with a good strong military press, and that fueled the rest of the workout...as it often does.

Military Press:
Bar X 15
95 X 12
115 X 7
125 X 4 (I'll have 135 in no time)

Cable UR Row: I used the back bar with the handles on the end, and put my hands right against the handles.
95 X 15
105 X 12
115 X 10
125 X 8

Rear Delt Raise: Incline bench was set a little flatter this time, still face down
25 X 12
30 X 12
35 X 8 good form + 2 cheaters
25 X 12

DB Lateral Raise:
15 X 12
20 X 10
25 X 7
30/20/15 X 3/6/6

I got some free stuff at work tonight...sweet. One of my troops had some Pump left, and said it wasn't working for him, so he gave it to me. Another guy said he had some stuff I could have to, and I have to tell the whole story here, so bear with me...He's like "I got Nitro at home, but it's givin' me the creatine 'roid rage." I'm not kidding at all here. I said " I doubt it's Nitro man, that stuff is just amino acids." So he says it's the test booster, and I figured it was Stak 2. This was going to be a good score, so I took him up on the offer. I brought home 12 packs of each, always nice when you're trying to save some money. I got a cruise to get ready for!

IRBS
07-20-07, 11:32 am
Nice work bro!

B.C.
07-21-07, 1:14 am
I am so fucking sick of the media trying to play judge and executioner with steroids! They want to blame all the problems of society on steroids?! Hey, I don't do 'em, I don't agree with 'em, but who the fuck am I to judge another man for his life choices? I ain't a pro bodybuilder, I don't do this shit for a living...some guys do. If my family's livelihood depended on what I did in the gym, I can't say I wouldn't take 'em, and if steroids made you write better, you can damn sure bet some sportswriters would be at the front of the line at Balco next to Barry Bonds. Chris Benoit killed his wife, his kid, and himself because of steroids? You gotta be fuckin' kidding me! The man had some head issues, and no body cared because they were making a pile off of him. These reporters don't even know anything about steroids anyways. They think people take them for the singular reason of getting bigger and stronger, and when it comes to most atheletes, that's the last reason they take them. They do it so their bones, joints and ligaments hold up to the punishment of an entire season of wear and tear...they do it to prolong their careers, not to look like a bodybuilder. They say...this guy blew up over the passed few years, he HAD to have done 'roids...BULLSHIT! He busted his ass in the gym during the offseason while everyone else was doing charity events or something. That guy wanted to get stronger, so he did what it took to get there. Sportswriters, team owners, commissioners, they're all just a bunch of hippocrates..they cash in on the guy for years to the tune of millions, and as soon as public opinion sways a little, they want to hang the same guy with the very rope they handed him for 10 years. I just wish the whole anti-steroid movement would just sit back and think for a bit. Think before they speak, think before they accuse, think before they act. The few who know nothing, but vocalize everything are discrediting an issue with some real validity to it. Kids shouldn't do steroids...EVER, but everyone is getting tired of hearing it from an uninformed media. Things like this breed overkill by the US government. If this shit doesn't start making some sense soon, we won't even be able to buy Animal Paks anymore! That will be a sad day indeed.

WHEW! I feel better. The moral of the story is to keep your mouth shut if you don't know what you're talking about. I'm not PRO steroids, I'm not ANTI steroids. I'm going to live my life the right way, but if the next guy doesn't have the goods to go down the right path...it ain't me he has to worry about. There's only one who has the right to judge a man for his actions, and we ALL have to face him in the end.

To all my brothers and sisters out there doing shit the right way...keep doing what you're doing, but not because some dumb ass reporter says steroids are bad.

Stay Strong, and be YOUR OWN Animal.
B.C.

B.C.
07-22-07, 3:44 pm
I took a break from the intensity technique based arm workout to push some weight this week. I needed the change, but I'll go back in a few weeks.

Warm-up Superset: Body Weight Dips/DB Curls
12/20 X 12
12/20 X 12
12/20 X 12

Close Grip Bench:
135 X 10
155 X 5
165 X 5
175 X 4

BB Curl:
85 X 6
95 X 4
95 X 4
95 X 4

Decline Skull Crushers: E-Z Curl Bar
70 X 8 inner grip
80 X 4 inner grip
80 X 4 outer grip

Spider Curls: E-Z Curl Bar
70 X 5 inner
70 X 5 inner
70 X 4 outer+1 inner

I cleaned the garage in the morning before hitting the gym, and it was 103 yesterday. Then I rushed home and threw together something to take over to a friends house for a get together. I think I sweat my ass off for about 4 hours straight, and I felt it later in the day. I'm taking today off to rest a bit, so I can hit up chest tomorrow. As a matter of fact...I'm off for a nap.

Lowdown5
07-22-07, 3:59 pm
Enjoy the day Bro, you earned it. Cleaning the garage in 103, damn, that is tough.

B.C.
07-22-07, 6:08 pm
Enjoy the day Bro, you earned it. Cleaning the garage in 103, damn, that is tough.

It was probably dumb, but it needed to be done. I drank lots of water while I was doing it, but I guess I should have drank a little more. It's 100 again today, so the grass ain't getting mowed. I'm not making the same mistake again. Thanks though, man, I will definitely enjoy the rest. I just woke up from my nap, and I wish I had another hour...damn.

Lowdown5
07-22-07, 10:27 pm
It's a hundred here. I went outside to go to church and then to grill some steaks. The rest of the day been in the house with the a.c. on.

B.C.
07-24-07, 2:22 am
I have to give a bit of background, but the jist is I got a workout partner. My wife gets this new friend that she met on MySpace before she PCS'd here a few months ago. So we go over to their house to welcome them to Ellsworth and all that, and her husband looks familiar as hell. Come to find out we went to basic training together! He got out like two years ago, and only came here because his wife got orders here...EERIE! He has been talking about getting back into the gym, and I was saying I needed a partner again, so he showed up for his interview this afternoon:

Flat Bench:
135 X 12
160 X 10
180 X 8
190 X 6
205 X 4 had a little help with the last two, spotters are great.
205 X 2

Incline Bench:
95 X 12
115 X 10 first two sets were a bit too easy, bump up next week.
135 X 8
165 X 6

DB Flat Fly:
30 X 12
35 X 10
40 X 8
45 X 6

Cable X-Over:
4 plates X 20
6 X 10
7 X 6
5 X 12

Overall it was a solid workout. Charles struggled quite a bit, but he'll get back into it soon enough. Hopefully, I've recruited another Animal. If he's still around in a month, I might actually tell him about the forvm.

Toni69
07-24-07, 2:37 am
Nice chest day there. Yes..its always nice to have a reliable spotter on hand. In my case, I never seem to find one that sticks around for a long enough time. What is it with some people? Why are so many training partners so freaking lame..they drop like flies around me, that's for sure. I just want a dam good partner to train with! I do liike training alone sometimes, but now that im lifting heavier and getting stronger..that spot would be nice.

I thought I finally found one a couple weeks ago..he was at the gym everyday the same time as me..which I thought was a bit too convenient..he always watched me and ran to spot me even when I didnt ask him to. Then I asked..he showed...then yesterday...when I really needed a spot for leg day...no show!

Im curious if he will show today...but I still hate this shit of guessing, you know? I dont want to look foward to something and then it doesnt happen the way I had planned..that sucks! LOL

B.C.
07-24-07, 2:44 am
Nice chest day there. Yes..its always nice to have a reliable spotter on hand. In my case, I never seem to find one that sticks around for a long enough time. What is it with some people? Why are so many training partners so freaking lame..they drop like flies around me, that's for sure. I just want a dam good partner to train with! I do liike training alone sometimes, but now that im lifting heavier and getting stronger..that spot would be nice.

I thought I finally found one a couple weeks ago..he was at the gym everyday the same time as me..which I thought was a bit too convenient..he always watched me and ran to spot me even when I didnt ask him to. Then I asked..he showed...then yesterday...when I really needed a spot for leg day...no show!

Im curious if he will show today...but I still hate this shit of guessing, you know? I dont want to look foward to something and then it doesnt happen the way I had planned..that sucks! LOL

I here ya Toni. I never call them on gym day, and I NEVER wait on a late partner. They either show, or they don't. I've only had two good workout partners ever. One fights now (MMA), so Bodybuilding isn't on the priority list anymore. The other one was on my last deployment, he's a powerlifter. He got me a shit load stronger in three months in the desert, but we're on different shifts here, and I never even see him at the gym anymore...maybe he needed me more than I needed him. I hope this one works out, at least for a while. SHIT! I feel like i'm talking about a girlfriend not a workout partner...lol. Is there really much of a difference?

Toni69
07-24-07, 2:55 am
You know..in Arnolds Encyclopedia of Modern Bodybuilding..he says just that! He says, "choosing a training partner is like marriage, and you want to marry somebody who is an addition to your life, who makes it better, not somebody who causes you to say, Whew, this marriage stuff. What did I get myself into?"

hahaha!

B.C.
07-24-07, 12:24 pm
You know..in Arnolds Encyclopedia of Modern Bodybuilding..he says just that! He says, "choosing a training partner is like marriage, and you want to marry somebody who is an addition to your life, who makes it better, not somebody who causes you to say, Whew, this marriage stuff. What did I get myself into?"

hahaha!

I'm 500 pages into the Encyclopedia now. I like what he says about picking your gym too. My gym isn't very condusive to hardcore bodybuilding, but you work out at a base gym too, and you're doing OK.
Anyways, this new workout partner, he's been out of the gym for a LONG time it seems, he was having problems yesterday, but he says he used to workout a lot, so he should get back where he was in a month or so. I doubt he ever trained like I do now though, this will certainly be something new for him. I usually liked working out with guys who were a lot stronger than me in the past, but I have a lot more SELF motivation now, so I don't think I neccessarily need that anymore. It was just nice to have a spot there, I went way heavier on my benches, like 15-20 pounds heavier on the heaviest sets, all others were up 5 pounds from last week. It's going to be hard to get him to leave his ego at home at first though. He keeps trying to keep up with me instead of just trying to push himself, and it'll get him hurt if he isn't careful. His wife said he just laid around after our workout yesterday, and it was a few sets shorter than usual. Todays is back, and I'm fairly weak in my back exercises, so he should have an easier go of it.

Toni, do you mostly find yourself working out with guys, or have you found a few women that could hang? Being where you're at, there probably aren't many other FBB's around huh?

Lowdown5
07-24-07, 1:07 pm
I have to give a bit of background, but the jist is I got a workout partner. My wife gets this new friend that she met on MySpace before she PCS'd here a few months ago. So we go over to their house to welcome them to Ellsworth and all that, and her husband looks familiar as hell. Come to find out we went to basic training together! He got out like two years ago, and only came here because his wife got orders here...EERIE! He has been talking about getting back into the gym, and I was saying I needed a partner again, so he showed up for his interview this afternoon:

Flat Bench:
135 X 12
160 X 10
180 X 8
190 X 6
205 X 4 had a little help with the last two, spotters are great.
205 X 2

Incline Bench:
95 X 12
115 X 10 first two sets were a bit too easy, bump up next week.
135 X 8
165 X 6

DB Flat Fly:
30 X 12
35 X 10
40 X 8
45 X 6

Cable X-Over:
4 plates X 20
6 X 10
7 X 6
5 X 12

Overall it was a solid workout. Charles struggled quite a bit, but he'll get back into it soon enough. Hopefully, I've recruited another Animal. If he's still around in a month, I might actually tell him about the forvm.

Great news on the new partner and a great workout Bro, outstanding.

B.C.
07-25-07, 2:06 am
This is actually the first time in a while I've been able to make two workouts in a row. I think with the new partner being my wife's friend's husband, she might actually cut me a little slack for a while. Anyways, he showed up on time so we got right to it:

Wide Pull-Down: Started out lighter for Charles, so I took it really slow, and held the contraction.
100 X 12
115 X 12
130 X 10
145 X 6

SM BO Row:
135 X 12
165 X 10
185 X 8
225 X 2 this was a PR, and without straps no less.

Narrow Pull-Down:
145 X 8
150 X 6
155 X 5
145 X 5+1

Rack Pull:
185 X 6
225 X 6
275 X 6
315 X 3

It took me a long time to get Charles down on the form for the rack pulls. I knew it was a good idea to start with those, if he would have been pullin' from the floor, he would have seriously hurt himself. He got it by the end though, his last few reps were perfect. I did this 315 without straps too, and that is a definite PR. I have never pulled 315 for anything without straps before. One more week in the cage, and we'll both be ready for full deads. Tomorrow is a rest day, and little man's 6th birthday...back at it on Thursday for shoulders.

B.C.
07-25-07, 2:07 am
Great news on the new partner and a great workout Bro, outstanding.

Hey thanks Lowdown. Always good to hear from you man.

B.C.
07-27-07, 2:46 am
The new partner already had to cancel. Strike one. Anyways...left solo, I still had a great workout:

Military Press: I do these to the front by the way.
65 X 12
95 X 10
115 X 8 I smell a PR coming
135 X 4 There it is! I cranked up the Pantera and sent the old one packing.

Cable UR Row:
115 X 12
125 X 12
135 X 8 PR for reps
145 X 7 PR for weight

Rear Delt DB Raise:
30 X 12
35 X 10 PR for reps
25 X 12 decided to slow it down a bit and work the contraction hard
20 X 12 really squeezed the contraction hard this set

Barbell Shrug:
185 X 10 the grip was feeling weak by now, wish I woulda brought the straps
185 X Rest-pause to 10
185 X Rest pause to 10

Sled Calf Raise: decided they were lagging really bad, I'm going to hit calves for one big rest-pause set at the end of every workout for a little while, and see if they come up a bit.
200 X Rest-pause to 50

I think the Stak-2 is starting to work it's magic again. I did this last cycle too, where I just had a few weeks straight where I was getting PR's on every exercise I was doing. That kinda stuff makes working out fun as hell!

Toni69
07-27-07, 4:50 am
Solid shoulder wo there..I love Stak 2 and combined with M-stak is even better!

Why not train your weak point areas on your rest days or first in your routine when your fresh and most strong? This way you can get the most out of it as opposed to after an intense wo, when your tired and your muscles are fatigued. Even doing an intense shoulder wo will fatigue your body all over.

Chest and shoulders was brutal for me this week...by the time I finished chest..shoulders were a real challenge to get through with the same intensity as when I started the wo. However, being the two go together, (cause shoulders help with chest), this was a good way to totally exhaust the muscles and now I give them the rest they need the rest of the week so they can fully recover...till I blast them again next week.

Lowdown5
07-27-07, 6:31 pm
The new partner already had to cancel. Strike one. Anyways...left solo, I still had a great workout:

Military Press: I do these to the front by the way.
65 X 12
95 X 10
115 X 8 I smell a PR coming
135 X 4 There it is! I cranked up the Pantera and sent the old one packing.

Cable UR Row:
115 X 12
125 X 12
135 X 8 PR for reps
145 X 7 PR for weight

Rear Delt DB Raise:
30 X 12
35 X 10 PR for reps
25 X 12 decided to slow it down a bit and work the contraction hard
20 X 12 really squeezed the contraction hard this set

Barbell Shrug:
185 X 10 the grip was feeling weak by now, wish I woulda brought the straps
185 X Rest-pause to 10
185 X Rest pause to 10

Sled Calf Raise: decided they were lagging really bad, I'm going to hit calves for one big rest-pause set at the end of every workout for a little while, and see if they come up a bit.
200 X Rest-pause to 50

I think the Stak-2 is starting to work it's magic again. I did this last cycle too, where I just had a few weeks straight where I was getting PR's on every exercise I was doing. That kinda stuff makes working out fun as hell!

Solid workout Bro, and the Pantera is a great call. Cemetary Gates is a favorite, to bad that Dime Bag Darryl is no longer with us.

Riesjs
07-27-07, 6:58 pm
Solid routine. Im very happy to see you have a training partner. Even better....you are teaching. That is awesome. Its a great feeling to see some succeed. Its like posting on everyones journey, the only difference is you are there watching it happen. About calfs, so long as there is a day of rest in between, keep crankin em out. Keep pushing the iron, get strong, good luck.

B.C.
07-28-07, 12:02 am
Solid routine. Im very happy to see you have a training partner. Even better....you are teaching. That is awesome. Its a great feeling to see some succeed. Its like posting on everyones journey, the only difference is you are there watching it happen. About calfs, so long as there is a day of rest in between, keep crankin em out. Keep pushing the iron, get strong, good luck.

I am always happy to see someone new chime in on my journey. Welcome Riesjs, good to have you along. It is nice to have an "apprentice" of sorts. I've never been on this side of it before. It shows me how far I've come, and how much I've learned. I'm eager to pass on the Animal way of life.

Lowdown5
07-28-07, 12:21 am
I am always happy to see someone new chime in on my journey. Welcome Riesjs, good to have you along. It is nice to have an "apprentice" of sorts. I've never been on this side of it before. It shows me how far I've come, and how much I've learned. I'm eager to pass on the Animal way of life.

And it is good that you will pass it on. Some people want to guard it and not share. You are a good man for helping.

B.C.
07-28-07, 12:25 am
And it is good that you will pass it on. Some people want to guard it and not share. You are a good man for helping.

Thanks Lowdown, it means a lot to me to help others. This whole thing is really fueling my fire to become a personal trainer.

Lowdown5
07-28-07, 12:27 am
Thanks Lowdown, it means a lot to me to help others. This whole thing is really fueling my fire to become a personal trainer.

And that is admireable. Be a trainer who actually trains, and knows how to train others. That would be cool.

B.C.
07-28-07, 1:04 am
Dips: All nice and deep, actually kicked my feet out in front of me a bit to put all the weight on the Tri's.
2 sets of warm-ups, body weight X 12
Add a 40lb Dumbell X 10
Swap out the 40 for a 50 X 8

Skull Crushers (California Presses): Used an E-Z Curl bar.
70 X 12 inner grip
80 X 7 outer grip
80 X 4(5) inner grip
70 X 11(3) outer grip

Triangle Bar Push-down:
140 X 15
160 X 8
200(whole stack) X 4 BIG time PR!

Alternate DB Curl Rack Run: 36 straight reps
Each set from 40 down to 15, all X 6, no rest

Hand Offs (aka Buddy Curls): 55 reps
40 X 10 reps each down to 1 rep each, handing off after each round

I don't think Charles was quite ready for the Bi workout yet. I probably should have started him out on straight sets first. We were running out of time though, and I knew this would waste our Bi's in under 10 minutes. The form on the 200lb press downs wasn't the greatest, but I'll work on it. Great workout, great pump.

After the first week, I have to say I love having a workout partner again. It makes it a lot easier to lay it all out on every set. I know he won't let me get hurt, and that's pretty damn important. Tomorrow is Leg Day..and if Charles shows up on Monday after MY leg day, I got a keeper.

Lowdown5
07-28-07, 1:06 am
Great day, and you are just breaking in Charles the Animal way. Nice PR.

B.C.
07-28-07, 1:12 am
Great day, and you are just breaking in Charles the Animal way. Nice PR.

I know man...he was like "What the fuck are we doing?!" "What is this...why are you puting me through this?" I was like "I never told you this shit would be easy...just wait for Leg Day" MAN, I CAN'T WAIT FOR LEG DAY!

Lowdown5
07-28-07, 1:16 am
I know man...he was like "What the fuck are we doing?!" "What is this...why are you puting me through this?" I was like "I never told you this shit would be easy...just wait for Leg Day" MAN, I CAN'T WAIT FOR LEG DAY!

Has he done a leg day with you yet?

B.C.
07-28-07, 10:53 am
Has he done a leg day with you yet?

No, not yet. Today will be the first one. I hope he can walk on Monday.

Lowdown5
07-28-07, 10:57 am
No, not yet. Today will be the first one. I hope he can walk on Monday.

If he can't then mission accomplished.

B.C.
07-28-07, 12:18 pm
So I was in the locker room the other day, packing up, ready to head off to work. This older guy was in there, he said he was a little over 70. He had a big gut on him, but it seems he's working on it. He says to me:
"I'm getting too old for this. I keep asking myself why I keep doing this every year". My reply was very simple.
"So you can ask yourself again next year."
I smiled, told him to have a nice day, and walked out the door; hoping I made him look forward to tomorrows workout.

Lowdown5
07-28-07, 12:32 pm
So I was in the locker room the other day, packing up, ready to head off to work. This older guy was in there, he said he was a little over 70. He had a big gut on him, but it seems he's working on it. He says to me:
"I'm getting too old for this. I keep asking myself why I keep doing this every year". My reply was very simple.
"So you can ask yourself again next year."
I smiled, told him to have a nice day, and walked out the door; hoping I made him look forward to tomorrows workout.

That is great B.C. I ask myself that question some days, now I know the answer.

B.C.
07-28-07, 6:09 pm
That is great B.C. I ask myself that question some days, now I know the answer.

There are so many reasons we do what we do. Some can be seen from the outside, by others who look at us, and by ourselves when we look in the mirror; but the most important reasons are inside, and can't be seen at all. They can, however, be felt. Every day I work out, I feel better than the last day I didn't. That's what keeps be going back, man.

Lowdown5
07-28-07, 6:10 pm
There are so many reasons we do what we do. Some can be seen from the outside, by others who look at us, and by ourselves when we look in the mirror; but the most important reasons are inside, and can't be seen at all. They can, however, be felt. Every day I work out, I feel better than the last day I didn't. That's what keeps be going back, man.

That is one for the logbook. Thanks B.C.

B.C.
07-28-07, 6:41 pm
Unfortunately, it didn't quite live up to the hype. I fucking love Leg Day. I like to move through it though, taxing myself just as much cardio wise as muscle wise. Today wasn't like that. You never want to see someone get hurt, especially your workout partner, who you don't want to lose after just one week; so I toned it down a bit, and took my time to make sure Charles got the form down for every movement perfectly.

Hit the bike for a 10 minute knee warm-up.

Warm-up Superset, Lying Curls/Extensions:
25 X 20/70 X 20
25 X 20/70 X 20

Squats: Done on a Smitty until Charles gets the form down.
135 X 15, ATG
225 X 12, ATG
275 X 10, not ATG, but still below parallel
315 X 8, to parallel

Standing Calf: Just to kill time while we wait for the sled.
130 X 12
130 X 12, sled's open, let's go

Leg Press:
500 X 12
600 X 8, really feeling those heavy squats now
700/600/400 X 2/2/8 not very heavy for me, but it's been a little while

SLDL's: Really took some time for Charles to get this one, but at least he didn't throw his back out.
Stayed light, so we didn't have to keep changing weight like on the sled.
4 sets at 95 X 15, but I really squeezed hard at the top and lowered real slow

Working Curls:
50 X 15
62.5 X 8 plus a partial
62.5 X 8 plus a partial
50 X 7+partial, 1+partial, one more partial

Stretched for a good 10-15 minutes.

Normally, I hobble out on Leg Day. Not today, but it was a solid workout noetheless. Charles definitely learned a few things about being an Animal today. He said it was torturous, and thought it would never end...hell yeah. That's how we do Leg Day around here. As soon as he gets used to it, it'll get worse.

Lowdown5
07-28-07, 6:54 pm
You used good judgement, I respect that. You put in some good hard work, your partner got better. That in my opinion equals success.

Sugarbutt
07-29-07, 6:43 pm
Haha...way to convert another of the wayward flock!

B.C.
07-29-07, 6:50 pm
Haha...way to convert another of the wayward flock!

I converted his ass to walking funny 'til Tuesday, that's for sure!

B.C.
07-31-07, 2:38 am
Another no show for Charles...strike two. I think this one was his wife's fault though. She left him at home alone with the kids and didn't get home in time. I pressed on solo again:

DB Incline: Just needed some variety
50 X 12
60 X 12
70 X 12
80 X 5 matched PR, but damn those things are heavy!

Flat Bench: Noticed the shoulders were way more fatigued after using DBs for Incline
165 X 9
175 X 5 wish I would have gotten more, but I'm not dropping the weight
175 X 5
175 X 4

Decline Fly:
30's X 12, 10, 10

Incline Fly:
30's X 12, 12, 12

Flat Fly:
30's X 12, 12, 12

I wasn't really feleing it in the chest today. I don't know if it was a lack of concentration, a lack of carbs before the workout, or what...but I just wasn't feeling it. I didn't get that great of a pump at all. Having to clean those 80's up to press them took a lot out of my shoulders, and kind of compromised the rest of the workout. I may stick with it for a few more weeks to get passed it. Maybe they're just still a bit tired for the last shoulder workout. I didn't really like the DB fly's as much as cables either. I didn't feel it in the chest as much, too much in the front delts. I don't think I'll stick with them. I'm glad I threw something different in today, but it wasn't that great of a workout. Who knows, the front delt work may help me next week on chest day. Gotta find the silver lining, that's just what I do.

B.C.
07-31-07, 11:35 am
Yup, I actually did some cardio this morning. Pretty proud of myself for that actually. It was just 20 light-moderate minutes on the ellip., but it's a start. I'll be switching up the split this week. I really want to do full deads for back, but the lower back is still not quite ready after the heavy squats on Saturday. I'll be doing arms today, and back will be on Thursday instead. If it works out well, I'll leave it that way. I want to put all I can into my back, and if I can't do that 3 days after Leg Day, then I'll move it for good. Leg Day has to be Saturday, I just don't have time for it during the week. Anyways, back later after work to report the arm workout.

Lowdown5
07-31-07, 12:29 pm
Anything you do to make yourself better is an accomplishment in my book. Looking good Bro, keep moving forward.

Riesjs
07-31-07, 12:46 pm
Those days come where your body just doesnt want to keep up with your mind. Shitty workouts suck....but the lack of push on one day can be made up on the next. Push hard the next time you walk into the gym!

Toni69
07-31-07, 2:05 pm
Yup, I actually did some cardio this morning. Pretty proud of myself for that actually. It was just 20 light-moderate minutes on the ellip., but it's a start. I'll be switching up the split this week. I really want to do full deads for back, but the lower back is still not quite ready after the heavy squats on Saturday. I'll be doing arms today, and back will be on Thursday instead. If it works out well, I'll leave it that way. I want to put all I can into my back, and if I can't do that 3 days after Leg Day, then I'll move it for good. Leg Day has to be Saturday, I just don't have time for it during the week. Anyways, back later after work to report the arm workout.

Im feeling ya on the low back...mine is seriously tweaked, but Im working around it. I have deads on thursday...we shall see how that goes. Thats a good span of rest between lags and back. I do legs mon and back thursday...plenty of time to recover. Eat up!

B.C.
07-31-07, 2:16 pm
Im feeling ya on the low back...mine is seriously tweaked, but Im working around it. I have deads on thursday...we shall see how that goes. Thats a good span of rest between lags and back. I do legs mon and back thursday...plenty of time to recover. Eat up!

Mine's not tweaked, it's just not fully recovered yet. I took your advice and stretched the hams out real good on Saturday, and yesterday between chest sets. It has definitely helped my lower back pain, and the ham soreness of course. It's just a little tight yet, so I didn't want to risk the deads today.

B.C.
08-01-07, 2:18 am
Like I said last time, Charles would be best served by straight sets for now, so that's what we did. Cool with me though...hard and heavy:

Triangle Bar Push Down:
160 X 12
180 X 9
200 X 5 PR for reps

Straight Bar Skull Crusher:
75 X 8
75 X 6
55 X 8+neg

DB French Press:
35 X 15
40 X 12
45 X 8, I think...I forgot to write it down

E-Z Bar Preachers: Don't normally do these, but Charles wanted to.
50 X 15
60 X 12
70 X 5

Straight Bar Spiders:
55 X 10
55 X 6+2
55/35 X 5/6+2

For the most part, this was a heavy ass arm workout for me. I figured if I was going back to basics, I may as well go hard. I'm trying to bring up the outer portion of my Bi's, so I did all the curls at a closer grip. I need to remember to do this for a while, probably at least a month, maybe even two. Tomorrow's the rest day, but I'm sure I'll find something to keep myself busy. Maybe some cardio and abs...maybe.

Riesjs
08-01-07, 12:11 pm
Rest day??? ha. Yea, hit some cardio, got 3 exercises for abs. Keep teaching charles. Believe it or not you may learn something too.

Lowdown5
08-01-07, 7:06 pm
Like I said last time, Charles would be best served by straight sets for now, so that's what we did. Cool with me though...hard and heavy:

Triangle Bar Push Down:
160 X 12
180 X 9
200 X 5 PR for reps

Straight Bar Skull Crusher:
75 X 8
75 X 6
55 X 8+neg

DB French Press:
35 X 15
40 X 12
45 X 8, I think...I forgot to write it down

E-Z Bar Preachers: Don't normally do these, but Charles wanted to.
50 X 15
60 X 12
70 X 5

Straight Bar Spiders:
55 X 10
55 X 6+2
55/35 X 5/6+2

For the most part, this was a heavy ass arm workout for me. I figured if I was going back to basics, I may as well go hard. I'm trying to bring up the outer portion of my Bi's, so I did all the curls at a closer grip. I need to remember to do this for a while, probably at least a month, maybe even two. Tomorrow's the rest day, but I'm sure I'll find something to keep myself busy. Maybe some cardio and abs...maybe.

Great work B.C., that is one solid workout.

widdlewade44
08-01-07, 7:09 pm
Great looking workouts B.C. Way to bring it back to the basics. Peace.

Kevin
widdlewade44

B.C.
08-02-07, 2:04 am
Thanks for the support fellas, it's MUCH appreciated. By the way...I'm feeling that chest workout today, believe me.

B.C.
08-03-07, 12:19 am
I'm glad I waited, my lower back felt a lot better today than it did on Tuesday.

Wide Grip Pulldown:
130 X 12
135 X 12
145 X 10
155 X 6

BO Row: Barbell all the way today, no Smitty.
135 X 12
145 X 10
155 X 8
165 X 6+2

Time to warm up the core for some deads. A superset of unweighted back extensions and crunches should do the trick.
Extensions:12, 12, 12
Crunches:12, 12, 12

Deads: From the floor this time.
135 X 10
185 X 6
225 X 4
275 X 4
315 X 2 Hell Yeah!

Straight Arm Cable Pulldown:
8 plates X 15, 15, 15

I was pleasantly surprised by the 315 X 2! That's where I was at the last time I did deads, but that was 6 months ago. I haven't lost any strenght in them at all. Form was right on. Charels did OK too, had some problems with the form, but he got it eventually. Great workout today.

Sugarbutt
08-03-07, 6:59 am
Nice workout, BC!! Good job on the deads!!

Riesjs
08-03-07, 11:35 am
315 X 2 Hell Yeah!

Straight Arm Cable Pulldown:
8 plates X 15, 15, 15

I was pleasantly surprised by the 315 X 2! That's where I was at the last time I did deads, but that was 6 months ago. I haven't lost any strenght in them at all. Form was right on. Charels did OK too, had some problems with the form, but he got it eventually. Great workout today.

GREAT JOB MAN. Glad to see your deads are comming along.

B.C.
08-04-07, 12:10 am
I started cutting cals and carbs a bit this week. Nothing too drastic, just easing my way into a cut for the cruise.

Military Press:
95 x 12
115 x 8
135 x 6 one rep better than last week
145 x 2.5 -PR
I'll use same weight progression next week, trying to increase reps on all sets.

Cable UR Row:
130 x 12
140 x 10
150 x 10 -PR
160 x 7 -PR

Rear Delt Row:
45 x 12, 12, 10, 10

Barbell Shrug:
225 x 8, 6
205 x 8, 8

I was really happy about the UR Rows today. I felt like I could have pulled anything up! I have really been feleing strong lately. I hope I don't lose this TOO much by cutting back on the carbs. We shall see.

B.C.
08-06-07, 10:41 am
After a whole weekend off, I'm itching to hit the weights again. I didn't make Leg Day on Saturday because we threw a birthday party for the little ones, and had to do a lot of running around all morning. I'm going to add a few sets of quads after chest today, and hams after back this week to make up for it. I took today and tomorrow off of work too, so I'll have the extra time. Diet sucked the last two days too, but I'm back on the wagon now.

B.C.
08-06-07, 5:41 pm
Warmed up by doing 10 light minutes on the Ellip, HR got up to about 135.

Started doing some toe touch crunches while waiting for the incline bench:
2 sets of 25

Incline:
115 x 12
135 x 12
165 x 8
185 x 5+1 w/ help

Back to the toe touchers for 2 more sets of 25

DB Flat: SLOW negatives on last rep of all sets
60 x 12
65 x 8, 6, 6

Swiss Ball Crunch:
2 sets of 15

Hammer Strength Decline: didn't really like it, we'll do regular decline next week.
186 (2 pies per side) x 11, 11, 9, 9

Back to the ball for 2 more sets of 15

Leg Extensions:
2 sets 100 x 15

SM Front Squat:
95 x 12
135 x 12
155 x 10
175 x 8

Seated Calf:
90 x 12
90 x 10 toes slightly pointed out
90 x 9 toes pointed slightly out
90 x 8

Sled Calf:
3 sets 200 x 15

I was friggin' tired before I even started quads! By the time I got done with the last set of front squats my legs were shakin'; so I didn't do leg presses like I originally planned, I just moved on to calves. I haven't done abs consistently in a while, so I'm sure they'll be sore tomorrow. I need a nap after this one.

Lowdown5
08-06-07, 7:31 pm
Kick ass day Bro even if you were tired.

B.C.
08-07-07, 6:17 pm
My supp schedule got all messed up this morning, and I only got in one meal before hitting the gym. Usually I eat about an hour berfore; but this morning, it was more like two. Oh well, can't let little details ruin a good back workout:

T-Bars: Don't usually start off with these, but it was a good change.
90 x 12
100 x 12
110 x 8
115 x 8

Wide Grip Pulldown: Used the neutral grip bar with the handles on it, I liked it a lot, took some of the strain off the shoulders.
130 x 12
140 x 8
150 x 6
155 x 6

Cybex Machine Row: Used palms down grip.
10 x 10
11 x 8
11 x 6
9 x 10 got to pull back a little further with this lighter weight

Deads: Added 2 reps to every weight from last week, except 315.
135 x 10
185 x 8
225 x 6
275 x 4+1+1
315 x 1+1

Straight Arm Pulldown: Added a plate from last week.
9 x 15, 15, 15

Lying Leg Curl:
25 x 20
37.5 x 15 shoulda done 20 again
50 x 12
62.5 x 8
62.5/50/32.5/25 x 5/4/3/10 prolly shoulda tried harder on the heavier weights
62.5/50/32.5/25 x 6/5/8/9 MUCH better

Today was a great workout. I made some good gains from last week. Busted my ASS for those deads this week! I was whooped after that shit. Charles told my wife that I was "...like an animal in there today."...I was like "LIKE an animal? I WAS an Animal!" Well...maybe an Animal in training.

Lowdown5
08-07-07, 6:59 pm
Great work B.C., T-Bars and deads look great.

B.C.
08-07-07, 7:21 pm
Great work B.C., T-Bars and deads look great.

Thanks brother, you're not doin' too bad yourself. I always know that within 20 minutes of me posting a workout, Lowdown will let me know if it was a good one or not. Keep the support commin' bro, I need all I can get. I appreciate it more than you know.

Lowdown5
08-07-07, 7:26 pm
Thanks brother, you're not doin' too bad yourself. I always know that within 20 minutes of me posting a workout, Lowdown will let me know if it was a good one or not. Keep the support commin' bro, I need all I can get. I appreciate it more than you know.

You are welcome Bro, you work hard and a lot of people feed of of that, me included.

widdlewade44
08-07-07, 7:29 pm
Nice deads bro and congrats on the delts' PRs. Stay strong and Animal brother.

Kevin
widdlewade44

B.C.
08-07-07, 7:45 pm
You are welcome Bro, you work hard and a lot of people feed of of that, me included.

I try man...I certainly try.

firebeast
08-07-07, 7:52 pm
My supp schedule got all messed up this morning, and I only got in one meal before hitting the gym. Usually I eat about an hour berfore; but this morning, it was more like two. Oh well, can't let little details ruin a good back workout:

T-Bars: Don't usually start off with these, but it was a good change.
90 x 12
100 x 12
110 x 8
115 x 8

Wide Grip Pulldown: Used the neutral grip bar with the handles on it, I liked it a lot, took some of the strain off the shoulders.
130 x 12
140 x 8
150 x 6
155 x 6

Cybex Machine Row: Used palms down grip.
10 x 10
11 x 8
11 x 6
9 x 10 got to pull back a little further with this lighter weight

Deads: Added 2 reps to every weight from last week, except 315.
135 x 10
185 x 8
225 x 6
275 x 4+1+1
315 x 1+1

Straight Arm Pulldown: Added a plate from last week.
9 x 15, 15, 15

Lying Leg Curl:
25 x 20
37.5 x 15 shoulda done 20 again
50 x 12
62.5 x 8
62.5/50/32.5/25 x 5/4/3/10 prolly shoulda tried harder on the heavier weights
62.5/50/32.5/25 x 6/5/8/9 MUCH better

Today was a great workout. I made some good gains from last week. Busted my ASS for those deads this week! I was whooped after that shit. Charles told my wife that I was "...like an animal in there today."...I was like "LIKE an animal? I WAS an Animal!" Well...maybe an Animal in training.

naw you had it right the first time, you are an animal. kick ass workout man. it is great to see ya goin up in plates and reps. keep on pushin brother.

B.C.
08-07-07, 9:01 pm
naw you had it right the first time, you are an animal. kick ass workout man. it is great to see ya goin up in plates and reps. keep on pushin brother.

I will keep pushin, and it's because of all the support I get from my brothers, and sisters here at the forvm:

Lowdown
Toni
Firebeast
Widdlewade
Sugarbutt
Sully
IRBS
Riesjs

That's one hell of a support group. You guys fuckin' rock, and I thank you all for the encouraging words. I'm gonna keep pushing all right, and you guys are pushing me all the way.

All of you--Stay Strong, stay true, and stay tuned
B.C.

Toni69
08-08-07, 4:33 am
You know I do right?

As far as what you wrote in my journey...huge thank you by the way and...B.C....your one of my favorite guys here. Im so flattered you thought of me when training, but be careful. If squats are not cutting it on the barbell, go to the smitty or hacks or the V-Squat machine for a bit. A slightly different foot position will make so much of a difference in how you train your legs. You can only position yourself 2 main ways on free squats..which are designed for mass and power. Dont neglect the other equipment regardless how some feel that they are "pussy" machines..they have their purpose in our life too. Anyone who ever said to me doing smitty squats are weak I laugh at them and tell them to do what Im doing..work a few sets in with me and then they quickly shut up. I am surely not the strongest with leg wo's but I can hold my own and I am like an energizer bunny. I can keep goin cause my legs are built like that and so is my intensity level.

I can tell you now, single leg lunges on the smith machine is no joke, neither are duck squats with heavy ass weight. You work muscles you never even knew you had with these different foot positions.

The only reson I am a bit obsessed with getting my barbell squats strong is because honestly, I hardly ever did them. I used to early in my training then stopped cause of back trouble back even then. Then started right before my second show, then back trouble again and stopped.

I only just started squatting again and was making serious progress till now. Its like Im dam well cursed! LOL

Now..are you dieting? I was looking at your meal plan and your training is looking really good..you have progressed a lot since starting out..well done!

You asked somewhere here about who I train with. I have been through my share of partners since being in the UK. Mostly male..the females try to hang but cant..that is to be expected. Then again, I bet if I was to train with NPC Chicka she would do her best to try and kill me too..then again, she does a pretty good job being as far away from me as she is now with these splits she hands down to me. LOL

I train with men and they come and go. This one dude I train with now is pretty solid so far. I have taught him alot cause he was stuck on doing the same routines for months at a time so I taught him loads of new things. He is great in spotting me with squats though..the best spot I ever had so far, so that's cool. He leaves to transfer to a new duty station soon...just my luck.

It is very different training with men and training with women who know their shit..like NPC Chicka and although I never physically trained with her, it feels like I have.

B.C.
08-08-07, 10:59 am
Thanks for all the compliments Toni, you are one of my favorites around here too. I find myself not even thinking of you as a "woman" at first sometimes. I just know you are one who pays your dues, does it the right way, and has a few contest victories to show for it. I'll be ok on this journey of mine, as long as I have people like you hanging around.

B.C.
08-10-07, 2:39 am
I haven't told Charles this yet, but I'm buying him a can of Animal Paks, and as soon as he goes a whole week without missing a workout, he gets 'em...this week ain't it:

Close Grip Bench:
135 x 12
145 x 12
165 x 8
185 x 5 PR for straight Barbell, loved it.

Straight Bar Cable Pushdown: No standing over it this time, cable out in front, elbows locked in close
10 x 15
12 x 11
13 x 8
14 x 6 don't know how much each plate weighs, but 15 is the whole stack, so pretty good I think.

Superset*
E-Z Bar Skull Crusher*:
60 x 9 outer grip
60 x 12 inner grip
60 x 12 outer grip
60 x 9 inner grip

Barbell Curl*: Remembered to use closer grip to hit the outer head better
65 x 12
65 x 12
65 x 8+2+2
65 x 6+2+2+1 could barely lift my arms up after that one, outer heads are trashed

Dumbell Spider Curl:
25's x 8
25's x 6
20's x 12
20's x 12

I got through this one so fast, I had plenty of time for some cardio...that's twice in one week, I'm doin' good. I chose the elliptical as my torture device today. 5 minute warm-up, 15 rediculous minutes of intervals, and a 5 minute cool down. I was pretty pleased with the days' proceedings.

Sugarbutt
08-10-07, 8:11 am
Good work, BC! I giggled at the cardio twice in one week comment...=)

Toni69
08-10-07, 11:19 am
Sweet arm wo..good job doing tri's first as they are a larger muscle than the bicep and should be hit hard early in the wo.

I did arms today too...

B.C.
08-10-07, 12:54 pm
Good work, BC! I giggled at the cardio twice in one week comment...=)

I knew you would, Li'l Miss Cardio Every Day! I'm working towards every day...baby steps. I know I need to do more cardio, since I'm cutting now. The thing is, I only have so much time...SO, I either need to sacrifice 20 minutes of lifting every day, or do cardio on my off days for 45, or do cardio at home for 20-30 minutes first thing in the AM (preferred method), OR a combo of any of the above...WHEW! So many options. No excuses not to do cardio I guess.

Lowdown5
08-10-07, 12:56 pm
We all have to do what we can, when we can and the best we can. Cardio has to be done, so we just have to make the time for it. My 2 cents.

B.C.
08-10-07, 1:17 pm
Sweet arm wo..good job doing tri's first as they are a larger muscle than the bicep and should be hit hard early in the wo.

I did arms today too...

My arms are so small! I would work them on Mondays, but I don't want to hinder all my other workouts, or take away from arm recovery, so I do them on either Thursday, or Friday. I did them yesterday because Charles called to cancel again, and I'm not letting him out of another shoulder day...so I did arms.

I know Toni knows this, but for some who don't:
Triceps comprise two thirds of total arm musculature. This means that triceps should be worked first, and obviously should get two thirds of the total volume for arm training. Another reason to train tri's first is they just don't fatigue as fast. I know there are things I can to to trash my biceps in less than 10 minutes. Tri's just can't get enough HEAVY reps in that short amount of time. Tri's need heavy reps a lot more than bi's do. You need strong tri's for a strong bench, a strong shoulder press..etc. Bi's aren't relied upon for a lot of really heavy compound movements, so feel free to work the hell out of them with tons of reps as opposed to tons of weight.

There you go, a free training tip from B.C. Most of you already know this type of info, but we have a lot of people browsing through our journeys who are looking for this kind of stuff to get them started on the right track. Lets not forget what it was like when we all first walked into a gym, and had no fuckin' clue where to start. Ahhh, those were the days.

B.C.
08-10-07, 1:18 pm
We all have to do what we can, when we can and the best we can. Cardio has to be done, so we just have to make the time for it. My 2 cents.

I hear ya' man. I'm commin' around.

Lowdown5
08-10-07, 1:35 pm
I hear ya' man. I'm commin' around.

I know you will do what is needed, no fear of that.

Toni69
08-10-07, 3:17 pm
I always liied training bi's and tri's together at the end of the week because really you hitting them indirectly thoughout most of your other wo's...they constantly act as assisting muscles in chest, back and even shoulders. So, the end of the week is a great time to blast them out all at once..then some rest until you start hitting other muscle groups again where arms will once again get slight pumps from anyway.

My arms were never a nice feature of mine until a couple years ago. And it was only this past year I got my calves to match the size of my biceps..so it takes time darling. Just be patient, train them hard..rest and wait.

One day it will just creep up on ya that your arms gained size and soon definition.
Just like me with legs..I know one day after all this shit Im doing to get them to grow they will suprise me. Like NPC Chicka told meonce about the whole "wow" factor. It just happens and your like "wow..when did that happen? When did that split finally come in? or that peak in my bicep?"

Just wait and see...it will happen.

Sugarbutt
08-10-07, 3:56 pm
No excuses not to do cardio I guess.

EXACTLY!

BTW - I don't do cardio EVERY day. Just every day I work out. =)

B.C.
08-11-07, 12:41 pm
I think Charles might be going through some shit at home. He missed every workout this week except for back. He really needs to find some direction in his life, and stop blaming others for his shortcommings...but that's niether here nor there, lets get to the workout:

DB Shoulder Press: Switched to DBs to hit the middle head more.
2 warm-up sets of 40 x 12
50 x 8
55 x 8
60 x 6

Cable UR Row:
2 more warm-ups at 140 x 12
150 x 12 PR for reps at this weight
165 x 8 PR
175 x 7 PR

Rear Delt DB Row: Used one set heavier than last time.
50 x 12, 12, 10, 10+3+2

Reverse Pec-Deck: Really trying to fry that rear head.
70 x 10, 8
60 x 10
55 x 12

DB Lateral Raise w/ 5 sec hold:
15 x 8
15 x rest/pause up to 10

Barbell Shrug:
225 x 6, 6, 6, 4
135 x 15, 15, 15, 15

Side Crunch: On a back hyperextension bench
3 sets of 20

Reverse Crunch: On a flat bench
3 sets of 20

I am goin' NUTS on UR Rows lately! I am breakin' PRs with my last TWO sets every week! No shoulder girdle pain either, so the form must be good for the heavy sets too.

Lowdown5
08-11-07, 4:33 pm
You are a freakin PR machine Bro, good stuff happening here.

B.C.
08-11-07, 8:10 pm
I usually warm-up with some light cardio on Leg Day, but I didn't do that today...I just got down to buisness:

Warm-Up Superset:
Extensions: 100 x 15, 100 x 15, 130 x 15
Lying Curls: 37.5 x 20, 50 x 15, 62.5 x 15

Leg Press:
400 x 12
500 x 12
600 x 12
700 x 8
800 x 4
600 x 8
400 x 12

SLDL:
135 x 15
155 x 15
185 x 12
205 x 8
185 x 8 called it quits on these, lower back was getting TIGHT!

Back to the Extensions:
160 x 12
190 x 9
220 x 5
190 x 6
160 x 7 and a partial
130 x 8+2+1

Seated Curls:
40 x 20 squeezed REALLY hard
70 x 15 squeezed pretty hard
85 x 7
70 x 12
75 x 10
80 x 8
80 x 13 WTF??!

I don't know what the hell happened on that last set of curls. I think it was because I had to wait an extra minute for it. There was an elderly lady there doing the machine circuit, so I let her go ahead of me when she got to that machine. I checked the stack like three times to make sure that was the right weight, and it was. I didn't get a very good pump today, it may be due to lack of sleep, or I rested too long between sets, I'm not sure. I got a lot of good heavy sets in though, so it's all good...I'll be feelin' it Monday just the same.

Lowdown5
08-11-07, 8:13 pm
Damn Bro, that is a great session. 800x4 on leg press, good shit.

B.C.
08-11-07, 8:17 pm
You are a freakin PR machine Bro, good stuff happening here.

Thanks Lowdown. I keep telling Charles to start a log. He's just getting back into it, so he'll be setting PRs every week for months (if he'd show up that is). That shit is SO motivating; to look back in your log and watch the numbers just go up like crazy. It gets you through until the results start showing in the mirror.

B.C.
08-11-07, 8:19 pm
Damn Bro, that is a great session. 800x4 on leg press, good shit.

Thanks again Bro! One of these days, I'll check my max again. I want to get 1,000 real bad! I just need to ease up on the warm-ups one time and go for it.

Lowdown5
08-11-07, 8:19 pm
Thanks Lowdown. I keep telling Charles to start a log. He's just getting back into it, so he'll be setting PRs every week for months (if he'd show up that is). That shit is SO motivating; to look back in your log and watch the numbers just go up like crazy. It gets you through until the results start showing in the mirror.

He has to show up, and he knows that. But he has to have a clear head too.

The progress is what keeps us going back every session, it fuels us.

B.C.
08-11-07, 8:35 pm
He has to show up, and he knows that. But he has to have a clear head too.

The progress is what keeps us going back every session, it fuels us.

Another true statement man. The gym IS my sanctuary, but not everyone works the same. My life is pure chaos sometimes, but when I'm liftin'...I'M in control. He probably doesn't feel that way yet. I go crazy some days when I don't make it to the gym. To him, it's just another rock on the pile.

Lowdown5
08-11-07, 8:37 pm
Another true statement man. The gym IS my sanctuary, but not everyone works the same. My life is pure chaos sometimes, but when I'm liftin'...I'M in control. He probably doesn't feel that way yet. I go crazy some days when I don't make it to the gym. To him, it's just another rock on the pile.

Some people are satisfied with being average, being mediocre. He sounds like one of those people. I for one don't have the time for people like that.

B.C.
08-11-07, 10:02 pm
Some people are satisfied with being average, being mediocre. He sounds like one of those people. I for one don't have the time for people like that.

I know, man...me niether.

Lowdown5
08-11-07, 10:33 pm
I know, man...me niether.

I would tell him that if he misses one more session he is done. That is if I was in a good mood. If not I would kick him to the curb.

B.C.
08-11-07, 10:37 pm
I would tell him that if he misses one more session he is done. That is if I was in a good mood. If not I would kick him to the curb.

I'm just going to let it play out. He'll most likely just stop comming, and that's ok with me.

Lowdown5
08-11-07, 10:51 pm
I'm just going to let it play out. He'll most likely just stop comming, and that's ok with me.

Tha will work to.

B.C.
08-12-07, 12:57 am
Tha will work to.

It's just that, he's a friend. Even if he can't cut it as a workout partner, he's still a friend. I kind of choose to lead everyone I meet by giving them a good example to follow, and he needs a good example.

B.C.
08-12-07, 1:17 am
My last post got me thinking a little bit. I know he'll never read this, but I really have to thank my dad for making me the man I am. He never let my brother and I get away with taking the easy way out. He made us earn every thing we ever got once we were old enough. All my values, my work ethic, my distaste for those not willing to look beyond themselves...it all came from Dad. Even through his flaws, my father taught me everything I need to know about being a good father to my children.

My most important role in life is to raise my children to be the best they can, to get all they can from their lives, and to give all they can to other's lives.

Your life is incomplete unless you can look passed yourself and inspire others. There are so many out there who need help, even if it's just a little kick in the ass every once in a while. If you can't get over yourself long enough to help out just one, you're truly missing out on a very fulfilling part of life.

Be honest, especially with yourself. Be courtious, especially when you don't want to be. Be open minded, especially when everyone around you isn't. Stand up for what you believe in, but shut your mouth unless you did your homework. These are the things I will pass on to my kids, because these are the things Dad passed on to me.

Lowdown5
08-12-07, 12:38 pm
My last post got me thinking a little bit. I know he'll never read this, but I really have to thank my dad for making me the man I am. He never let my brother and I get away with taking the easy way out. He made us earn every thing we ever got once we were old enough. All my values, my work ethic, my distaste for those not willing to look beyond themselves...it all came from Dad. Even through his flaws, my father taught me everything I need to know about being a good father to my children.

My most important role in life is to raise my children to be the best they can, to get all they can from their lives, and to give all they can to other's lives.

Your life is incomplete unless you can look passed yourself and inspire others. There are so many out there who need help, even if it's just a little kick in the ass every once in a while. If you can't get over yourself long enough to help out just one, you're truly missing out on a very fulfilling part of life.

Be honest, especially with yourself. Be courtious, especially when you don't want to be. Be open minded, especially when everyone around you isn't. Stand up for what you believe in, but shut your mouth unless you did your homework. These are the things I will pass on to my kids, because these are the things Dad passed on to me.

Truth, right there.

B.C.
08-12-07, 9:12 pm
Truth, right there.

It's the only way I know Brother.

Lowdown5
08-12-07, 9:16 pm
It's the only way I know Brother.

And that is why you are an Animal.

B.C.
08-12-07, 11:26 pm
No work out today, not even cardio. I try not to ever work out on Sundays. My legs feel great today, and by great I mean sore as hell. I just realized that I set a goal to add 10lbs to the bench this month, and I only have two or three workouts left to do it. I really hope Charles shows up tomorrow, 'cause I got some serious work to do. I need to hit it hard and heavy for two weeks, and send that 235 max packin'.

I found a new goal to add to the list for this month too. I need to get 225 shrugged 12 times, so Sugarbutt will stop talkin' shit.

Cardio's workin' out good for me so far, I'm going to add a session this week, that'll be three. I'm shoot'n for three ab sessions as well.

It was a great week. I didn't miss any workouts, I set a few PR's, and the diet was pretty good. I feel like I'm making real good progress. I can see the same striations in my shoulders as I had in Al Udied, but I'm 20 pounds heavier. I obviously put a few inches on the waist, but I stayed pretty lean everywhere else. I think this was a very productive bulk, I should be able to hold on to a good bit of the weight. I'm feeling pretty good right now.

Lowdown5
08-12-07, 11:28 pm
As it is written so shall it be done.

B.C.
08-12-07, 11:43 pm
As it is written so shall it be done.

Damn straight bro...it HAS to be done.

Lowdown5
08-12-07, 11:44 pm
Damn straight bro...it HAS to be done.

Then make it happen B.C.

B.C.
08-13-07, 12:36 am
"Make it happen B.C."

Those words will echo inside my head until I get that 245. Thanks Lowdown, you have once again sent true motivation my way.

Sugarbutt
08-13-07, 12:42 am
I found a new goal to add to the list for this month too. I need to get 225 shrugged 12 times, so Sugarbutt will stop talkin' shit.

HAHAH!! Good luck, slacker. =)

B.C.
08-13-07, 12:55 am
HAHAH!! Good luck, slacker. =)

Damn. Slacker?! You better bring it next week, I'm hitt'n those shrugs like my fuckin' life depends on it!

Sugarbutt
08-13-07, 1:05 am
Damn. Slacker?! You better bring it next week, I'm hitt'n those shrugs like my fuckin' life depends on it!

You fucking better, because I WILL one-up you. 250, here I come.

B.C.
08-13-07, 1:11 am

Keep talkin'. While you're runnin' your mouth, I'll be shruggin' 275.

Sugarbutt
08-13-07, 1:12 am
Keep talkin'. While you're runnin' your mouth, I'll be shruggin' 275.

Don't hurt yourself, old man.

B.C.
08-13-07, 3:12 am

Well then, it looks like two PR's are goin' down this week. Let's go get it Sug. I may even do a few sets of shrugs on chest day, just to get to it.

B.C.
08-14-07, 3:04 am
Make it happen B.C...I told Lowdown that I would echo these words in my head this morning, and I started about an hour before my workout while I was eating, and getting all my supps ready. I kept on before every warm-up set on the bench. 245 was either going to happen today, or not. Make it happen:

Flat Bench:
135 x 8
155 x 5
205 x 1
225 x 1
245 x 1 made it happen, thanks Lowdown.

DB Incline:
65 x 12
70 x 8
70 x 6

Decline: Don't really do decline much, but I throw it in every once in a while.
135 x 10, 12, 7, 9 I varied my grips from set-set, hence the erratic reps

Dips: No weight today, too tired
3 sets of 10

Pec-Deck:
100 x 8
75 x 12
80 x 10

Shrugs: I told you I'd do 'em today Sugarbutt
135 x 12
185 x 10
225 x 12+3 I thought Sugarbutt might hit 12 this week, so I immediately picked the bar back up and eeked out 3 more.
245 x 5+2+1
135 x 20

Seated Calf:
70 x 12, 12, 15

Bench Crunch:
4 sets of 25

I did it. I have added 20 pounds to my bench so far this year. I know it should be more though, so 260 is the new goal. Sugarbutt, I'm still shruggin' on shoulder day too, so don't think you're going to be good by just matching those, you better beat 'em good if you want it to hold up.

Lowdown5
08-14-07, 10:16 pm
Kicked some ass there B.C., set them goals high and then go get em!

Sugarbutt
08-14-07, 11:24 pm
Shrugs: I told you I'd do 'em today Sugarbutt
135 x 12
185 x 10
225 x 12+3 I thought Sugarbutt might hit 12 this week, so I immediately picked the bar back up and eeked out 3 more.
245 x 5+2+1
135 x 20

245!?! THAT ALL YOU GOT, ZOOMIE!?!?! C'mon now...Hmmm...I think I can get 250 for 8...

...why do I feel like we're playing 'Name that Tune' with weights!

Lowdown5
08-14-07, 11:26 pm
245!?! THAT ALL YOU GOT, ZOOMIE!?!?! C'mon now...Hmmm...I think I can get 250 for 8...

...why do I feel like we're playing 'Name that Tune' with weights!

I can do 400 for 8, lift that weight!!!

Sugarbutt
08-14-07, 11:31 pm
I can do 400 for 8, lift that weight!!!

No.

Lowdown5
08-14-07, 11:32 pm
No.

Are you skeered?

Sugarbutt
08-14-07, 11:34 pm
Are you skeered?

Fuck no. I just know I can't lift 400...yet.

Lowdown5
08-14-07, 11:35 pm
Fuck no. I just know I can't lift 400...yet.

Just playing with ya!! You will soon though.

B.C.
08-15-07, 2:48 am
I could definitely tell my Tri's were still wore out from yesterdays chest workout, but we pressed on anyways:

Close Grip bench:
135 x 12
155 x 12
175 x 6
185 x 2 not as many as last week, but my other sets were heavier

Straight Bar Cable Pushdown: Used a different cable set up this time, where the plates are labeled with actual weight, not just a number.
120 x 15
140 x 9
155 x 4+slow negative
140 x 6

E-Z Bar Skull Crusher:
60 x 11+2 neg, inner grip
60 x 12, outer grip
60 x 9+3 negatives, inner grip
60 x 7+5 negatives, outer grip

Barbell Curl:
95 x 5, 6, 4

Alt DB Curl Rack Run: no rest between sets
45 x 5
40 x 5
35 x 5
30 x 5
25 x 5

Drop Set Spider Curl: Straight bar/e-z bar
35 x 12/30 x 8
35 x 11/30 x rest/pause-12

Sled Calf:
250 x 20, 20, 15, 12

Calf Raise on Hammer Strenght Leg Press:
45 each side x 20
added a 25 x 15
added another 25 x 12
added another 25 x 8

Streched them calves out real good after that. I had a wicked pump too. the arm workout was intense, I liked it a lot. I really liked hitting them heavy barbell curls before moving on to high rep torture. Tri's were trashed by the time I got done with 'em, but they'll have plenty of time to recover now; I won't do shoulders until Friday.

Toni69
08-15-07, 3:42 am
Strong arm day there. Those skull crushers are a bitch. Anytime I ever used that exercise, my tri's would be unbearably sore. Hmmm...this is probably why I dont do them that often huh?

I love CGB and 135 for 4 reps, for me, is really challenging. Tell me...your grip...how close are your hands on the bar? When I lay down, I take my thumbs tip to tip, extend my hands on the bar while tips of my thumbs are still touching and that is my grip. Then when I bring the weight down, elbows are tight to my body, pushing up with all tricep and I never lock out at the top either. I dont believe in locking out any joints in any exercise and as I knock on wood, I feel this is why I dont have any joint pain as of yet.

Is this what you do?

B.C.
08-15-07, 11:06 am
I don't lock out either, but my hands are a bit further apart than yours. I put the outsides of my palms right where the knurling starts on the bar. I'd say they're about 4-5 inches apart. I still keep my elbows real tight in though. If my hands get any closer together than that, it irritates my wrists a little. My close grip bench strength has actually just gone up recently. I used to only be able to do like 155 for 4. I've made my arms a real priority since I started thinking about competing, so I've made some real solid gains in them this year. I try not to get caught up in the tape measure though. They look amazing compared to last year, so I want to leave it at that for now.

B.C.
08-16-07, 2:17 pm
I just made an order from my friendly neighborhood online supp store:

Cytosport Whey
Animal Paks
Natural Sterol Complex

I've heard a lot of good things about the Sterol Complex from all my friends here, and I saved a bit of money by getting that instead of Stak-2 again. When I get this order in, and put it together with what I still have left, the stack will be:

Animal Paks
Whey
Fish Oil
Sterol Complex

Pre: Shock Therapy
During: Storm/BCAA Stack

Since I'm not on a bulk anymore, but kind of a cut, I think this stack will help me hold on to as much muscle as possible while dieting. Now if I could just get this whole diet thing started, I'd be on my way.

The diet just started.

Lowdown5
08-16-07, 2:23 pm
Expecting big things from you B.C.

B.C.
08-16-07, 2:45 pm
Expecting big things from you B.C.

I won't dissappoint.

Lowdown5
08-16-07, 2:53 pm
I won't dissappoint.

You can't Bro, ever.

B.C.
08-17-07, 2:18 am
T-Bars: Palms down, right about shoulder width
90 x 12
90 x 12
115 x 10
125 x 6
strip set, 120/110/100 x 7/3/2

1 Arm DB Row: I'm adding these in for Lowdown, here's where I start.
55 x 8
55 x 10
55 x 12 I'm getting the hang of it by now
60 x 10

Wide Grip Pull Down: Neutral grip.
130 x 10
140 x 10
150 x 6
160 x 5 PR

Deads:
185 x 12
225 x 10
275 x 6
315 x 0 I tried, but I just couldn't get 'er up today.

Hit up the ellip for 20 moderate-heavy minutes. Worked up a REAL good sweat.

I finally have my Animal Owner's Manual on the way. I made my order today, and DPS shipped it already! Great place to order supps from. Anyways, it was a great workout today, even though I didn't pull 315. I got a lot more reps in at the other weights than last week, an improvement that I'll take for now. No more Stak-2, so we'll see if my strength gains slow down any. Getting psyched up for shoulders tomorrow.

B.C.
08-17-07, 2:20 am
You can't Bro, ever.

You're right. "Make it happen" is my new motto. It don't happen on it's own.

B.C.
08-18-07, 1:26 am
I didn't get in as many sets as I would have liked; but the few I did get in, I made count. I used lots of rest/pause sets. It may have been the article I read before I went to the gym about DogCrapp training, but who knows:

Barbell Shoulder Press:
Bar x 20
115 x 10
135 x 6
135 x 5+1 Overlapped this set with the first set of shrugs.

Barbell Shrugs: Here ya' go Sugarbutt.
135 x 20
225 x 15
275 x 8
295 x 2+2+1

Cable UR Row:
155 x 12
175 x 10 PR for reps
190 x 6 PR
190 x 4+2

DB Shrugs:
90 x 10
90 x 12
90 x 12+3+3

I was really dissappointed with my shoulder presses today...scratch that...I was fuckin' pissed about my shoulder presses today. I wanted to get 135 x 10...and when I didn't, I just started pacing around. People probably thought I was fuckin' crazy or somethin'. So I paced my ass over to the bar and started shruggin'. I trained with a rage inside of me that I have never had before. It's like I wanted to punish myself for not doing something I thought I should be able to do. The rest of the workout after the presses was probably the best shoulder workout I've ever had. I wish I would have had more time, I could have lifted all damn day with the mood I was in. Tomorrow's Leg Day, and I need to see if I can get myself worked up like that again. A day of leg training like the day I had today would be insane.

Dustin92
08-18-07, 1:33 am
Great day bro. Those are some great shrugs you have goin on there, good way to focus your rage.
Good luck with legs tomorrow bro....

futilekyle
08-18-07, 12:14 pm
Looking good man, as much as not hitting a certain goal sucks, like you said it can fire you up for the rest of the workout. Seems like an even trade, a missed lift for an intense ass workout. Good job.

B.C.
08-18-07, 9:23 pm
I'm changing Leg Day to Sunday. I never seem to make it to the gym on Saturdays. I always end up running around all day, and catching up with family time. Sundays are way more relaxed around my house, so I'll just take Saturdays off instead. I gotta make some comprimises with the wife, you know? Leg Day tomorrow, can't wait.

Lowdown5
08-18-07, 9:25 pm
Family #1, training #2.

That is my motto.

B.C.
08-18-07, 9:32 pm
Family #1, training #2.

That is my motto.

Yes sir...a father first, husband second, Animal third. Without the first two, the third wouldn't mean shit.

Lowdown5
08-18-07, 9:33 pm
Yes sir...a father first, husband second, Animal third. Without the first two, the third wouldn't mean shit.

Absolutely my Brother.

B.C.
08-19-07, 5:12 pm
I devised a workout to where Charles could work on a beginner's plan; and myself, a more advanced plan. To do this, without making the workout too long, and to keep Charles from waiting around too much for me to do my extra sets, I had to put in a lot of supersets for me:

Warmed up with 10 minutes on the bike: Level 12 for 9 minutes, then lowering evey minute for the last 3 to get my HR back down.

---------------
Superset #1
Squats:
185 x 12
225 x 12
245 x 12

Hacks:
140 x 12, 12, 12
----------------
Barbell Lunges:
3 sets, 75 x 12 each leg
----------------
Superset #2
Leg Extension:
145 x 15
175 x 8+1
190 x 3, had to re-set stops, then 6 more

DB Romanian Dead:
3 sets, 60 x 15
-----------------
I was fuckin' whooped, but I had no pump in my quads at all. This is totally unacceptable, so I pressed on until I did.
-----------------
Superset #3
Sled Calf Raise:
3 sets, 400 x 12

Leg Press: 1/2 ROM to keep all the stress on the quads
400 x 25
400 x 15
400 x 20 these ones were fuckin' hard, but I got that pump.
-----------------
Standing Calf Raise:
160 x 8
130 x 12
100 x 12
100/70 x 10/6

Damn, that was a hell of a workout! I kept the volume much lower for Charles, he just doesn't need it yet. He committed a cardinal sin in my book though. On his last set of Leg Presses, I told him to stop at 8 because he was struggling pretty hard. He blew me off and proceeded to scream his way through two more half assed reps. He must have thought he was being hardcore, but I fuckin' hate that shit. When the form goes bad (especially as a beginner) you stop the set, and move on; and the next time he screams like that, he's on his own...I REALLY hate that. I didn't want to ball him out in front of everyone at the gym, but I'm definitely going to let him know that shit don't fly. I WILL not work out with a screamer. No offense to any screamers out there, I just don't do it, and my workout partner won't either. those supersets kicked my ass BAD! I better step up the cardio, so I can get though this workout better. I'd like to add a set to every exercise, but I'll have to get in a bit better shape first. Good news...this whole workout, minus cardio, only took an hour and a half.

Lowdown5
08-19-07, 5:14 pm
Great workout Bro, but in my opinion it is time to jettison Charles, friend or not.

B.C.
08-19-07, 5:25 pm
In the military, you can't kick a person out unless you laid out the ground rules, word for word; they blew them off; and you documented enough offenses. I'm going to apply this principle to Charles as well. I'm going over to his place for dinner tonight. I'm going to lay it all out for him. If he doesn't want to show up ON TIME, do what the fuck I tell him, and act like he's in the gym for a purpose, he's out. I'm giving him one more week, and that's fuckin' IT.

Lowdown5
08-19-07, 5:27 pm
In the military, you can't kick a person out unless you laid out the ground rules, word for word; they blew them off; and you documented enough offenses. I'm going to apply this principle to Charles as well. I'm going over to his place for dinner tonight. I'm going to lay it all out for him. If he doesn't want to show up ON TIME, do what the fuck I tell him, and act like he's in the gym for a purpose, he's out. I'm giving him one more week, and that's fuckin' IT.

Spent 10 years in myself so I hear ya, but hasn't he already done all these things, not show up, show up late etc?

Just my opinion, but he ain't carrying his weight, so he has gotta go.

B.C.
08-19-07, 5:34 pm
Yeah hes has, but I never really told him that shit was grounds for dismissal. I'm going to tonight though, so his wife can hear it too, just in case some of this shit is her fault.

Lowdown5
08-19-07, 5:36 pm
Yeah hes has, but I never really told him that shit was grounds for dismissal. I'm going to tonight though, so his wife can hear it too, just in case some of this shit is her fault.

You have more patience than me Bro, I respect that.

B.C.
08-19-07, 5:42 pm
You have to in my line of work man. I work with a bunch of 18-20 year old punks who think they know it all...it's my job to show them they don't know shit, and then teach it all to them. It gets frustrating as hell sometimes, but you can't let it get to you, or YOU'RE the bad guy...it's a fucked up system brother.

Lowdown5
08-19-07, 5:51 pm
You have to in my line of work man. I work with a bunch of 18-20 year old punks who think they know it all...it's my job to show them they don't know shit, and then teach it all to them. It gets frustrating as hell sometimes, but you can't let it get to you, or YOU'RE the bad guy...it's a fucked up system brother.

That is why I got out, the system removed the NCOs authority so they could make it a kinder and gentler system, bullshit.

B.C.
08-19-07, 5:57 pm
That is why I got out, the system removed the NCOs authority so they could make it a kinder and gentler system, bullshit.

Yes, sir...that's why I created my own authority. I handle as much as possible at my level (shift supervisor), and keep the yes men out of it. If a guy tries to get out of washing an airplane, he washes the next two; if he doesn't want to check out tools, because he thinks he outranks the other guy, he checks 'em out for a week. I'm not a paperwork kind of guy. I prefer to teach them lessons as opposed to punishing them once and washing my hands of it. Writing a guy an LOR is the easy way out if you ask me. That's passing your shit on to someone else instaed of cleaning it up yourself. I guess that's why everyone else passes their shit to me. Maybe I should rethink things a bit...just kidding.

Lowdown5
08-19-07, 6:04 pm
Im my job when I was in peoples lives depended on following orders and doing what you were told. But there came a time where they didn't wany us to tell but to ask. No, you can't ask, some people need to be told what to do. So I got out and never looked back.

B.C.
08-19-07, 6:11 pm
Im my job when I was in peoples lives depended on following orders and doing what you were told. But there came a time where they didn't wany us to tell but to ask. No, you can't ask, some people need to be told what to do. So I got out and never looked back.

I just don't ask anymore man. I was sick of getting run over by Airmen, so I stopped letting them do it. Sometimes I get a little flack for it, but I don't give a shit. I don't know how far my way will take me in this here Air Force, but I will go as far as I can, and I will get there being myself. My values mean more to me than my stripes, but don't tell my wife.

Lowdown5
08-19-07, 6:15 pm
I just don't ask anymore man. I was sick of getting run over by Airmen, so I stopped letting them do it. Sometimes I get a little flack for it, but I don't give a shit. I don't know how far my way will take me in this here Air Force, but I will go as far as I can, and I will get there being myself. My values mean more to me than my stripes, but don't tell my wife.

I won't tell her, our secret.

Riesjs
08-20-07, 11:37 am
I devised
---------------
Superset #1
Squats:
185 x 12
225 x 12
245 x 12

Hacks:
140 x 12, 12, 12
----------------
Barbell Lunges:
3 sets, 75 x 12 each leg
----------------
Superset #2
Leg Extension:
145 x 15
175 x 8+1
190 x 3, had to re-set stops, then 6 more

DB Romanian Dead:
3 sets, 60 x 15
-----------------
I was fuckin' whooped, but I had no pump in my quads at all. This is totally unacceptable, so I pressed on until I did.
-----------------
Superset #3
Sled Calf Raise:
3 sets, 400 x 12

Leg Press: 1/2 ROM to keep all the stress on the quads
400 x 25
400 x 15
400 x 20 these ones were fuckin' hard, but I got that pump.
-----------------
Standing Calf Raise:
160 x 8
130 x 12
100 x 12
100/70 x 10/6

Aesome SS's!! keep pushin out those shrugs......someone will be on your heels

Toni69
08-20-07, 2:23 pm
lookin mighty fine here B.C.

You likin the sterol complex? Im currently using it..with M-Stak. I like it a lot actually. I take 2 first thing in the morning, before breakfast and then 2 with M-Stak 30min before training.

B.C.
08-20-07, 2:50 pm
lookin mighty fine here B.C.

You likin the sterol complex? Im currently using it..with M-Stak. I like it a lot actually. I take 2 first thing in the morning, before breakfast and then 2 with M-Stak 30min before training.

Thanks Toni, I know you like them supersets. I'm going to start using a lot more of them.

I haven't started taking Sterol Complex yet, I'm still waiting on the shipment to come. It should be here tomorrow.

Toni69
08-20-07, 2:53 pm
Yes..I did my time with supersets. Now, I cant even think of adding them in to my wo's cause Im focusing more on heavy weights, less reps usually and Im too dam tired to even think of supersetting anymore! LOL

Plus, I did so much of that supersetting thing in the past that now, I am giving myself a break from it. I will add it in once I start dieting down for this next show.

B.C.
08-20-07, 2:57 pm
Yes..I did my time with supersets. Now, I cant even think of adding them in to my wo's cause Im focusing more on heavy weights, less reps usually and Im too dam tired to even think of supersetting anymore! LOL

Plus, I did so much of that supersetting thing in the past that now, I am giving myself a break from it. I will add it in once I start dieting down for this next show.

I'm dieting a bit now, so I added them in. I like it, I'm whooped when I leave the gym now.

B.C.
08-20-07, 10:57 pm
We had our annual Base Picnic today. It started at 1100, and went until 1600 (4:00 pm); and was held at the base gym, so it obviously closed for it. Only thing is, it never opened back up. Those assholes just up and closed 12 hours early! I was all ready for a chest workout...took all my supps and everything, and they were friggin' closed. Ah well, that's the price you pay to work out for free. I'm going to sip down my 64oz of Big Ant's drink anyways, it'll help me recover from yesterday's leg workout. I'll be hittin' up chest tomorrow afternoon.

Lowdown5
08-20-07, 11:03 pm
Think of the energy you will have tomorrow, kick some ass.

B.C.
08-21-07, 1:23 am
I will certainly try.

Riesjs
08-21-07, 2:01 pm
A suprise day of rest. Should be all ready and fired up for the next workout

B.C.
08-22-07, 3:12 am
There is no replacement for Animal Paks. I found this out today. I was hoping to get my shipment in today, but I didn't. I took my last Pak yesterday, so I tried to improvise. I took two multis, an extra vitamin C, two vitamin E pills, and a Nitro pack. That's all I had, but it just wasn't the same. I ran out of gas way earlier in my workout than usual. Too bad, but they'll be here tomorrow. I pressed on with pride:

HS Incline: Starts at 8lbs, hence everything ending in 8.
98 x 15
148 x 12
188 x 9
238 x 3+slow negative

DB Flat:
65 x 12
75 x 6
75 x 5
65 x 8+REAL slow negative

Decline:
135 x 12, 10, 10, 8

Pec Deck: Instead of sitting in the seat, I stood up a little, I liked this angle a LOT better, much better stretch for some reason.
100 x 9, 5
85 x 8
85/70/55 x 6/4/5

Cable Crossover: Only rested long enough to jot down the set and change weights.
65 x 7
55 x 8
45 x 8
40 x 8

Toe Touch Crunches: Rest/Pause to 50
Bench Crunches: 30, 10 sec rest, 20 more
Rope Crunches: 45 x rest/pause to 50
Swiss Ball Crunches: Rest/Pause to 50

20 minutes worth of cardio after workout. I wanted to do them all on the treadmill, but 8 minutes into it, I got this strange twinge in one of my toes. Every step, I got this little pain...so I quit and did the last 12 minutes on the ellip.

Toni69
08-22-07, 5:02 am
See what you did? Talking about supersets and I did them yesterday! I was actually hoping they would help me get through my wo faster cause I was dam well beat down by the midpoint...my legs were just sore as hell and weighing me down. Well...my wo went even slower with the darn supersets! Evil supersets! LOL

B.C.
08-23-07, 3:06 am
Another shitty workout. At least my Animal Paks got here today, just not in time. I'll start the Sterol Complex tomorrow too:

Wide Grip Pulldown: Still using neutral grip.
145 x 12
150 x 10
160 x 7
165 x 6

Smitty BO Row:
185 x 8, 9, 10, 9

1 Arm DB Row:
60 x 12
65 x 10
70 x 6, 6

Rack Pull:
225 x 8
275 x 6
295 x 5
Called it a day. The lower back was just too tight. Maybe my form isn't right.

Hit up 30 minutes of cardio today too, that's two days in a row. My numbers were fine, but I just didn't feel this workout much. Sometimes, the numbers don't tell the whole story. Tomorrow's another day though, and I am looking forward to hitting my shoulders hard.

Riesjs
08-23-07, 10:50 am
Your body will tell you when it needs a break. Solid workout none the less.

B.C.
08-23-07, 12:57 pm
Your body will tell you when it needs a break. Solid workout none the less.

Thanks Bro. I'm not sure if it's time for a break, or I'm just worn down a bit this week. I'm probably just not used to the diet yet. I bulked for six months, and I pretty much ate everything in sight. Now, I cut carbs back quite a bit, so I'll probably just have to tough it out until I get through the initial crash. I'm sure I'll be good to go in a couple of weeks when my body adjusts. I'll just go as hard as I can, that's all I can do.

Lowdown5
08-23-07, 2:14 pm
Just have to improvise, overcome and adapt Brother. Here for you if you need.

Toni69
08-23-07, 3:00 pm
Thanks Bro. I'm not sure if it's time for a break, or I'm just worn down a bit this week. I'm probably just not used to the diet yet. I bulked for six months, and I pretty much ate everything in sight. Now, I cut carbs back quite a bit, so I'll probably just have to tough it out until I get through the initial crash. I'm sure I'll be good to go in a couple of weeks when my body adjusts. I'll just go as hard as I can, that's all I can do.

You will get used to the new diet your on..the body takes about 2-3 wks to adjust to a new diet/training program. For me, the worst was the first 2 weeks of carb cycling then it was a breeze. For others, it may be harder or easier, it depends on the individual..we are all different. Just keep in mind that while on a depleted diet, your training will suffer at times. Pushing through is admirable and if you can hack it for long periods of time, then great..but if there are days where you just cant go the heavy route..then take a step back, train smart, keep your intensity high by using lighter weight...but incorporate supersets, giant sets, triple sets, forced reps, negatives, repping to failure...there are so many ways to get the same effect of lifting heavy without lifting super heavy.

If you push too hard too often (even when your not dieting), your only going to burn out way too fast...so think before plunging in too fast.

B.C.
08-23-07, 3:01 pm
Just have to improvise, overcome and adapt Brother. Here for you if you need.

Thanks Lowdown. I'm just tired man, that's all. Takin' today off, hopefully one day's all I need.

Toni69
08-23-07, 3:01 pm
that was weird..we posted at the same exact time! LOL

B.C.
08-23-07, 3:18 pm
You will get used to the new diet your on..the body takes about 2-3 wks to adjust to a new diet/training program. For me, the worst was the first 2 weeks of carb cycling then it was a breeze. For others, it may be harder or easier, it depends on the individual..we are all different. Just keep in mind that while on a depleted diet, your training will suffer at times. Pushing through is admirable and if you can hack it for long periods of time, then great..but if there are days where you just cant go the heavy route..then take a step back, train smart, keep your intensity high by using lighter weight...but incorporate supersets, giant sets, triple sets, forced reps, negatives, repping to failure...there are so many ways to get the same effect of lifting heavy without lifting super heavy.

If you push too hard too often (even when your not dieting), your only going to burn out way too fast...so think before plunging in too fast.

Thanks Toni, great advice. I got a lot of BS going on right now. It never seems like there's enough time in the day. Trying to be everything to everyone is just wearing me down. Work long hours, at an odd shift...get up with the baby during the night...get up in the morning to see my little man before he goes off to school...off to Katie's gymnastics class...back home to get everything ready to hit the gym before work. Every waking minute is full it seems. Having 3 little ones, and my wife does in-home daycare, there'e just no quiet time to re-collect myself. I'll get through it...no worries.

Lowdown5
08-23-07, 4:14 pm
Thanks Lowdown. I'm just tired man, that's all. Takin' today off, hopefully one day's all I need.

Slow and steady win the race.

Toni69
08-24-07, 3:17 am
Stress will wear you down. Please, before you make yourself ill, and it could happen, why not take a few days off to kinda catch your breadth instead of over exhausting yourself by doing all your doing and then trying to meet your high expectations in the gym on top of that. Take something like thurs, fri, sat and sun off and start up mon or whenever your next training day is with a new wo split...to kinda give you a fresh start that will motivate you and maybe not be as "hardcore" as before.

Go down in weight some but keep the intensity high. Drop sets are a good start to breaking down muscle fibers. There are so many ways to go about utilizing drop sets in a routine. Stripping weights of barbells, running the rack, up the stack on machines, power drop sets, ascending and descending weights where you decrease or increase the weight substanially so you can increase or decrease your reps along the way, drop sets with supersets, rest-pause method....the list can go on and on. Plus this is a great way to get over plateaus.

Take a rest first though...you porbably are due for a much needed rest anyway...

B.C.
08-24-07, 3:56 am
I think I'll just take it easy for the next few days. I probably could use a rest, but not a full blown rest. I just need to get more rest. Thanks for lookin' out Toni...much appreciated.

B.C.
08-26-07, 4:38 pm
I was tired of not working out, so I started a new split today. It's more sets per workout, but less per bodypart. It'll allow me three off days a week instaed of two, so hopefully I won't burn out so fast this time. Today was chest/bi's/calves...Here's how it went down:

Flat Bench:
2 ea 135 x 12
2 ea 165 x 8
160 x 6

DB Incline:
2 ea 65 x 8
55 x 8
50 x 8

Flat DB Fly:Took the 'bells below the bench to get a real good stretch, and a hard squeeze at the top on every rep.
3 ea 30 x 8
-----------------------------------
Superset:

Close Grip Bench:
4 ea 135 x 8

Barbell Curl:
4 ea 65 x 8
-----------------------------------
Standing E-Z Curl: All sets inner grip.
40 x 8 too light
50 x 8 too light
60 x 8
70 x 8

Standing Calf Raise:
130 x 12
2 ea 135 x 12
130 x 12

Seated Calf Raise:
4 ea 70 x 12

Some of you may recognize this workout as day 1 of Training Routine #7 in the AOM. I tweaked it just a bit today, but I'll do it verbatum from now on. I liked this workout a lot. I trained based on 8 reps a bit last year, and had great results, so this plan should work well for me. I'm going to stick to this routine for 6 weeks I think. It should go well with the diet. 8 reps is a good range for strength AND size, I like to call it the magic number. Tomorrow is legs/abs...can't wait.

Lowdown5
08-26-07, 4:44 pm
Great workout B.C.

One question, if you were working chest and bis, why the CGBP superset? Isn't CGBP tricep specific?

B.C.
08-26-07, 4:47 pm
Great workout B.C.

One question, if you were working chest and bis, why the CGBP superset? Isn't CGBP tricep specific?

I thought so too, but it must be in there for inner chest. I widened the grip just a tad to take some of the stress off the tri's, and put it more on the inner chest. I squeezed really hard at the top too. It's amazing how such little changes to an exercise can make it feel totally different.

Lowdown5
08-26-07, 4:51 pm
I thought so too, but it must be in there for inner chest. I widened the grip just a tad to take some of the stress off the tri's, and put it more on the inner chest. I squeezed really hard at the top too. It's amazing how such little changes to an exercise can make it feel totally different.

That makes sense. See, we both learned something today.

B.C.
08-26-07, 4:53 pm
That makes sense. See, we both learned something today.

Sure did. I say if you go a day without learning something, you wasted that day.

Lowdown5
08-26-07, 4:54 pm
Sure did. I say if you go a day without learning something, you wasted that day.

Very true Brother, very true.

Riesjs
08-27-07, 3:17 pm
Looks intese bro, good to see you back at it.

B.C.
08-27-07, 3:21 pm
Workout 2 of Training Routine #7 in the AOM. It looked easy at first glance because it was a lot less volume than I usually do for legs. I was dead wrong! I warmed up for 10 minutes on the bike and got down to it:

Squat:
185 x 8
225 x 8
245 x 8
2 ea 275 x 8 This was too heavy, the form broke down a bit and I didn't get as deep as I should have. I'll stick with 245 next week.

Leg Press: I didn't want to make the same mistake here as I did with squats. I stayed lighter and made sure I got deep on every rep.
500 x 8
3 ea 550 x 8 the last set was a killer

SLDL:
135 x 8
165 x 8
185 x 8
225 x 2 too heavy, drop back to 185
185 x 8

Leg Extension:
175 x 8
185 x 8
195 x 8
190 x 8

Seated Leg Curl:
80 x 8 way too light
2 ea 100 x 8
105 x 8

Giant set for abs: 2 sets for all of them at 12 reps each
Lying leg lifts
Hanging knee raises
Incline sit-ups

The ab exercises were as perscribed in the training routine, but I'm going to do different ones from now on. I'm sure they were put in there for a reason, but they're all exercises that really work the hip flexors more than the abs, and after a leg day, mine are already quite tired. Maybe that's the point, but I'm going to do switch them out next time around. I was supposed to do 4 sets of each, but I was out of time, and energy.

I needed to stay a little lighter than I did. The point of these workouts is to move through them fairly quickly, with no more than a minute's rest. I just couldn't do that at the weights I was doing; so I'll be staying a little lighter next time, concentrating more on form and MMC. Lesson learned, and I'll apply it to my next workout as well. I didn't so much get a great pump from this workout, but my legs were definitely shaky afterwards...a great feeling in it's own right. Tomorrow is off, but I'll get some cardio in.

B.C.
08-28-07, 10:07 am
I got to talkin' to Toni last night, and it's time for me to start a serious cut. I'm going to take the next 3-4 weeks, and follow Toni's advice to a tee. I have to give up beer, bread and pasta for the duration. The carb split will be two low days, followed by a meium day, then a high day, then back to the low days. I'm about to get my first taste of a contest prep diet. It will be the first true test of my resolve, and I will find out if I'm really cut out for this shit. I may start a log in the diet section, just to make it easier for Toni to check up on me. She has been amazing to me already, helping me so much more that should be expected from a stranger, so I can't let her down on this. I have to go at this like a true Animal, no less than 100%.

Lowdown5
08-28-07, 11:48 am
Very solid session Bro, we sometimes need to find our limits so we know where to test ourselves next. Keep doing all the good shit you are doing and good luck with the new nutrition plan. Toni is pretty smart, so you are in good hands.

Riesjs
08-28-07, 1:51 pm
I got to talkin' to Toni last night, and it's time for me to start a serious cut. I'm going to take the next 3-4 weeks, and follow Toni's advice to a tee. I have to give up beer, bread and pasta for the duration. The carb split will be two low days, followed by a meium day, then a high day, then back to the low days. I'm about to get my first taste of a contest prep diet. It will be the first true test of my resolve, and I will find out if I'm really cut out for this shit. I may start a log in the diet section, just to make it easier for Toni to check up on me. She has been amazing to me already, helping me so much more that should be expected from a stranger, so I can't let her down on this. I have to go at this like a true Animal, no less than 100%.

Good to see you taking advice, and good luck bro. 110% all the way.

B.C.
08-28-07, 3:10 pm
Very solid session Bro, we sometimes need to find our limits so we know where to test ourselves next. Keep doing all the good shit you are doing and good luck with the new nutrition plan. Toni is pretty smart, so you are in good hands.

Yes sir, I'm looking forward to the test. Thanks for the encouragement, I'm gonna need it more and more as these weeks go on.

brandonA
08-28-07, 3:24 pm
Toni knows her shit with out a doubt...you are in good hands my friend...Keep your head up...after a few weeks it will be second nature....

-B

B.C.
08-28-07, 4:53 pm
Toni knows her shit with out a doubt...you are in good hands my friend...Keep your head up...after a few weeks it will be second nature....

-B

Thanks B, and thanks for droppin' in. How's Stacey doin'?

brandonA
08-28-07, 4:55 pm
Thanks B, and thanks for droppin' in. How's Stacey doin'?

Doing good bro..They are going to induce the week of Sept 10th...she is excited....

-B

Toni69
08-28-07, 5:16 pm
Im lurking you know....L_U_R_K_I_N_G!!!!! LOL

Sunday start...so enjoy the rest of this week cause it will be your last splurge for a while.

B.C.
08-29-07, 2:33 am
Doing good bro..They are going to induce the week of Sept 10th...she is excited....

-B

Great news B! Bein' a daddy is where it's at Bro. I wouldn't trade it for anything.

B.C.
08-29-07, 2:48 am
Im lurking you know....L_U_R_K_I_N_G!!!!! LOL

Sunday start...so enjoy the rest of this week cause it will be your last splurge for a while.

Saturday is the big finale. A huge steak, lots of carbs, and my last six pack for a month. Sunday is all buisness. A great chest workout, and not a whole lot of carbs. I'm looking forward to it. Keep lurking, I'm going to do my best to be your prize pupil. I am very anxious to find out if I got it in me or not.

B.C.
08-30-07, 2:49 am
I learned a lesson last time, so I kept it a bit lighter, and really "felt" my way through this workout. It ended up being one of the best workouts from this new split:

WG Pulldown: Went back to palms forward grip.
130 x 8
120 x 8
125 x 8
130 x 8 felt it good in the back today

Reverse grip BO Row:
135 x 8
3ea 155 x 8

DB Row:
4ea 65 x 8

BB Shrug:
4ea 225 x 8

DB Shrug:
3ea 90 x 8

Standing Calf Raise:
4ea 135 x 12

Seated Calf Raise:
200 x 12
3ea 250 x 12

Great workout today, I moved through it really fast today..just like it's supposed to be. The last set of every exercise was a killer, the weights I used worked out well. I'll just try and bump up a bit next week.

Sugarbutt
08-30-07, 9:05 am
4 sets of 8 @ 225? C'mon bro. You can do better than that. Shit, *I* can do better than that. =)

Seriously though, good workout.

B.C.
08-30-07, 11:29 am
4 sets of 8 @ 225? C'mon bro. You can do better than that. Shit, *I* can do better than that. =)

Seriously though, good workout.

Every one of those reps was held at the top for a two count. I was trying to really get the burn down in there. It'll go up. Keeping the rest under a minute is tough, I haven't done it in so long. I know you could do better, but that's what makes you so damn cool.

Riesjs
08-30-07, 11:44 am
Solid back day, nice to beat those traps up

B.C.
08-31-07, 5:13 am
Every day that passes I want it more. It keeps me up some nights. This feeling that I want to be the best. I don't just want to compete, I want to win. I don't want to just get on stage, I want some judge to say that I was better than every other guy on stage that day. It drives me in the gym, it will drive me outside of it too. It will drive me to eat 125-175g of carbs a day for a month, when I don't have to. It will drive me to lift like a madman while doing it. It will drive me to keep doing it, when most people would just give up. It will drive me to keep going when I want to give up. It is desire. It is anger. It is Animal...and it lives inside us all. It lives inside us, and it grows. It grows, and it makes us grow with it. It consumes us if we let it. I will let it consume me, I will let it drive me, I will let it carry me through my most trying times. When all is said and done, I will stand on stage with it, and I will win with it. I will win. I will win. I will win.

Toni69
08-31-07, 5:55 am
Every day that passes I want it more. It keeps me up some nights. This feeling that I want to be the best. I don't just want to compete, I want to win. I don't want to just get on stage, I want some judge to say that I was better than every other guy on stage that day. It drives me in the gym, it will drive me outside of it too. It will drive me to eat 125-175g of carbs a day for a month, when I don't have to. It will drive me to lift like a madman while doing it. It will drive me to keep doing it, when most people would just give up. It will drive me to keep going when I want to give up. It is desire. It is anger. It is Animal...and it lives inside us all. It lives inside us, and it grows. It grows, and it makes us grow with it. It consumes us if we let it. I will let it consume me, I will let it drive me, I will let it carry me through my most trying times. When all is said and done, I will stand on stage with it, and I will win with it. I will win. I will win. I will win.

I admire your drive and passion my friend. Yes, winning is always awesome..it inspires you to continue on the road to success and not just on stage, but in your own personal life as well. It makes you feel good that you worked so intensely hard to achieve something that is great in your eyes and you were rewarded for it. Same goes for someone who busts their ass at work and at school..or when you see your child growing and maturing and turning into a little man or woman with a piece of you gleaming in their eyes.

I want you to also remember that winning is NOT everything, however the WILL TO WIN IS IN FACT, EVERYTHING! Wanting to win is everything and this is what drives you and I. I go to bed at night thinking of the Arnold and making my presence there one to remember. I want people to remember me. We all want to leave some sort of legacy somewhere, dont we? To leave our mark and be able to say I did that...this was my experience that changed my life.

Abraham Lincoln once said, "I am not bound to win, but I am bound to be true. I am not bound to succeed, but I am bound to live by the light that I have. I must stand with anybody that stands right, and stand with him while he is right, and part with him when he goes wrong.”

Words to live by.

B.C.
08-31-07, 3:08 pm
I want you to also remember that winning is NOT everything, however the WILL TO WIN IS IN FACT, EVERYTHING! Wanting to win is everything and this is what drives you and I. I go to bed at night thinking of the Arnold and making my presence there one to remember. I want people to remember me. We all want to leave some sort of legacy somewhere, dont we? To leave our mark and be able to say I did that...this was my experience that changed my life.

I may not win the first show...or the second...or even the tenth, but I will win.

I have said before that most of the people I know just don't believe they can do anything other than what they are doing right now. Even if I never win a show, hell even if I never enter a show, I will show them that you can achieve greatness if you truly believe you can, and are willing to put fourth the required effort.

B.C.
08-31-07, 8:06 pm
The numbers were not so good today. I don't know what the deal was, but everything felt heavy today. Just one of those days I suppose:

Rear Military Press: These were really hard compared to front presses.
95 x 12
95 x 12
90 x 10
75 x 8
65 x 12

Front Military Press: I was already fried from the rears, so the weight just kept going down to maintain 12 reps.
65 x 12
65 x 12
65 x 12
55 x 12
45 x 12, yup all the way down to the bar.

Bent Over DB Laterals:
4ea 20 x 12

Nose Breakers: E-Z curl bar, 2 sets inner grip, 2 sets outer.
50 x 8 WAY too light for 8 reps, all is not lost today.
70 x 8
70 x 8
70 x 8

Dips: By this point, I didn't even need to add any weight.
4ea x 8

Cable Pushdowns:
110 x 8
120 x 8
125 x 8
125 x 8

Bench Crunches: Crunched myself into as tight of a little ball as I could, elbows towards my ass.
4 sets of 12 with 20 seconds rest in between.

Side Crunches: Just kept switching back and fourth until all sets were completed.
4 sets of 12 each side.

AB Roller Crunch: Yes, my gym still has one of those contraptions
4 sets of 12 with 20 seconds rest in between.

I found a glaring wekness today when I tried to do those rear militaries. My rear delts are just not very strong at that angle. I do ok with rear delt rows, and laterals, but when I tried to press that bar up I was like, what the fuck?! My recovery sucked today too, the first rep of every set felt just as heavy as the last rep of the last set. I didn't eat enough today, plain and simple.

I have overdone it on the junk food the last two days too, that shit is gonna stop. I have one more day before I start the carb cycling, and instead of gorging tomorrow, I'm going to use it as a transition day. I'm going to eat clean, just not as low carb as it's going to get Sunday. The carbs will be clean though, not crap.

I have been taking the Natural Sterol Complex for a week now, and I think it's working already. I think I just look "harder". The cuts in my delts seemed a lot deeper today, and like I said, the workout wasn't going very well. That's really what pulled me out of the funk and let me get on with the workout with some motivation. I'm down to a lot smaller stack than I've been using too: Paks, Whey, WMS, Nitro, ST, BCAA Stack, and the Sterol Complex. I can feel the drop off from running out of Storm, but I'm just going to tough it out and stay off for a bit.

Tomorrow is a rest day, then Sunday starts out the carb cycling with chest day. I'm anxious to see how my workout goes on such a low fuel supply...we shall see.

Lowdown5
08-31-07, 8:12 pm
You had a solid day, you may say it wasn't but I disagree. You made progress, that is the key.

B.C.
08-31-07, 9:34 pm
You had a solid day, you may say it wasn't but I disagree. You made progress, that is the key.

The workout was great...it was the numbers that sucked. But numbers don't always tell the whole story. I loved the way I felt after the workout, great pump, arms shakin'. I know I need to work on those rear militaries, but that's a good thing too.

Toni69
09-01-07, 5:57 am
Dont always go by numbers. I said many times before..we are BB'rs not PL'rs. Numbers are not what we are after all the time. Its great to put up decent numbers but its not our main goal, like it is for PL's. You can still be strong with "lighter" weights. Its how you use those weights that make all the difference..intensity is key. Throw in those super sets, giant sets, drop sets, negatives, forced reps...stripping of weights, ascending your weights, descending..whatever it freakin takes to get shit rolling...there are loads of ways.

Look at me. I consider myself able to hold my own, pretty strong for a BB'r..not like 'ol girl NPC Chicka..but I can hang with any BB'r and maybe even a PL'r; as long as I can handle the weights, I can handle the wo's. I cant squat though..not heavy, not now cause of my back. Even BOR's proved challenging to me with 155 and normally thats nothing for me.

I decided in my leg wo's to do squats last..after Im all warmed up and beat up. This way, I dont feel I am supposed to go super heavy at this point and I still want to maximize my efforts for quad growth. I went 95lbs last time, ATG (cause that was all my back could handle), and did 3-4 sets of slow and tight squats...contracting hard at the top.

I was sore for 4 days..I just recovered now. Yes, the rest of the wo was seriously kickass but those squats were the finishing touch. Its all in how you use that dam weight and let me tell you. You think you felt a bit weary on this wo...the diet is gonna pull you down. So, your gonna have to learn to work with it and find your groove and just demolish shit however you can.

Show prep is all about this...it does build character! LOL

B.C.
09-01-07, 11:52 am
Thanks Toni, I am truly blessed to have you in my corner. I loved the workout yesterday. I was pissed at first 'cause I just couldn't understand why I felt so weak, but I got over it, and the workout kicked ass. That was a lot of military pressin', and I can definitely feel that shit today. My shoulders and Tris are sore with a capital S. I am going to go with the perscribed exercises/reps/sets of the training routine, but I may combine two sets into a drop set, or do supersets or something to keep the intsnsity up. My joints will enjoy the lighter weights, that's for sure.

B.C.
09-02-07, 2:14 pm
The carb cycling begins today, with a low day of 125g. Between the Post workout Waxy Maize, and the oatmeal for breakfast, half of them are gone already. I started out at 199 this morning, but that is a big spike. My next posted weight will probably be a lot lower, so don't be too alarmed, it'll just be closer to normal.

Chest/bi's/calves today, so I'll post the workout later.

Toni69
09-02-07, 2:54 pm
cool...looking foward to see how this goes for ya. The first week may not be so bad..most people feel it the worst by the 2nd or 3rd week, when the body finally notices that shit is different. LOL...Im here if you need me.

B.C.
09-02-07, 3:29 pm
cool...looking foward to see how this goes for ya. The first week may not be so bad..most people feel it the worst by the 2nd or 3rd week, when the body finally notices that shit is different. LOL...Im here if you need me.

I'm looking forward to the challenge. I am really excited to see what kind of changes this month will bring. I'm trying to figure out what to have for lunch right now.

B.C.
09-02-07, 7:12 pm
Today was really a great workout. I worked up a real good sweat, and kept it the whole time:

Flat Bench:
135 x 8
155 x 8
175 x 8 last two sets combined for a drop set
185 x 8, drop to
135 x 8

DB Incline:
60 x 8
60 x 8 another drop for the last two
50 x 8 drop to
35 x 8

Flat DB Fly: Did this as a rack run
35 x 8
30 x 8
20 x 8

Close Grip Bench:
115 x 8
135 x 8
135 x 8
135 x 5+2+1

Barbell Curl:
65 x 8
75 x 8
80 x 6+2
65 x 4 drop to 45 x 4

Inner Grip E-Z Curl: First three sets were slightly bent over, curl towards the forehead, last set traditional. Less then 30 sec rest in between.
40 x 8
40 x 8
40 x 8
40 x 8

Superset: Last two exercises of the day gotta leave it all in the gym.
Standing Calf Raise:
115 x 12
115 x 12
115 x 12
115 x 12

Seated Calf Raise:
70 x 12
50 x 12
50 x 12
50 x 12

I got this whole workout done in an hour, and I was definitely feelin' it. My bi's and calves felt like they were going to explode. Great workout.

Lowdown5
09-02-07, 7:14 pm
That is a solid 60 minutes B.C. And damn right you should have been sweating, you were working your ass off.

B.C.
09-03-07, 12:09 am
That is a solid 60 minutes B.C. And damn right you should have been sweating, you were working your ass off.

I knew I would run out of gas quickly because of the lack of carbs, so I just wanted to get the workout in and get out. Kept the HR up, kept the intensity high, an kept the workout short. Day one wasn't as bad as I thought, but tomorrow's another low day, so we'll see how it goes.

MassMonster
09-03-07, 12:18 am
lookin good bro..... nice w/o

B.C.
09-03-07, 12:35 am
lookin good bro..... nice w/o

Thanks MM, always appreciate the support.

Toni69
09-03-07, 5:56 am
LowDown5 and Massmonster are a good support group for you since they are both dieting as well. You may or may not feel the effects of low carbs this week. You just got off bulking so those carbs are carrying over for the time being. This is why I said wk 2-3 are the hardest. This when your body is really going to notice your not giving it what it has been used to and your performing as hard or harder in the gym..with less fuel as far as what you have been feeding your body in the past weeks.

At that time, you have to really focus and stay on the path and just push through. You will get used to the diet phase, we all do. Just stay consistent, go by the mirror and how your clothes start to fit. Dont worry about numbers now..its not about numbers when your lifting or on that dam scale..that scale is a necessary evil, but I dont always go by it. I use it for fun really.

Like the other day, I weighed myself in the morn, like I always do and it said 123..I was like cool. I gained more good weight..was 120 a couple weeks ago.
Took a shower, weighed myself again..dried off of course...was 124!

Now, either that scale is fucking with me or I am so pathetic that I even retain water from being in the dam shower too long! LOL

Screw the dam numbers! LOL

B.C.
09-03-07, 9:55 am
LowDown5 and Massmonster are a good support group for you since they are both dieting as well. You may or may not feel the effects of low carbs this week. You just got off bulking so those carbs are carrying over for the time being. This is why I said wk 2-3 are the hardest. This when your body is really going to notice your not giving it what it has been used to and your performing as hard or harder in the gym..with less fuel as far as what you have been feeding your body in the past weeks.

At that time, you have to really focus and stay on the path and just push through. You will get used to the diet phase, we all do. Just stay consistent, go by the mirror and how your clothes start to fit. Dont worry about numbers now..its not about numbers when your lifting or on that dam scale..that scale is a necessary evil, but I dont always go by it. I use it for fun really.

Like the other day, I weighed myself in the morn, like I always do and it said 123..I was like cool. I gained more good weight..was 120 a couple weeks ago.
Took a shower, weighed myself again..dried off of course...was 124!

Now, either that scale is fucking with me or I am so pathetic that I even retain water from being in the dam shower too long! LOL

Screw the dam numbers! LOL

I went 7g over on fat yesterday (72g), and 124g of carbs, pretty much right on. I only got about 265g of protien, 2,286 total calories. I got up pretty late, so I didn't get 6 full meals in. I learned a lesson, so I'm going to bake up a huge sweet potato and a few chicken breasts, and just weigh out how much I need at a given time. I don't want to have to rely on whey as much, because of the stomach cramps I get when I drink too much at a time.

I got leg day today, on my second low day...and I slept like shit last night. I'll probably try and take a nap before I go to the gym. I loved the intensity of yesterday's workout, so I'll use a few of the techniques for today's workout too. I won't look at the numbers from before the diet to compare these workouts to. I'll probably just try and see what the workouts are like when they fall on different days, as far as low, med, or high.

I went over to a friends' house last night for a cookout. I managed to resist all the temptation, and there was a lot of it. I had to take my own meat over to throw on the grill, and everyone there was drinking, except Chrissy and me. Needless to say, those things can get kind of boring when you can't do the same things as everyone else, and you're tired from a killer workout, and 75g of carbs for the day (I ate the last round of carbs when I came home last night). Of course, most of them couldn't understand why I was doing what I'm doing, but I use that as motivation. I know it takes more inside to do this than what they have inside themselves. I'm already leaner than all of them, and I'm the one on a diet! Oh well, they will learn...or not...who cares.

Toni69
09-03-07, 10:59 am
Sounds good. hey, I used to bring my food to my friend's houses too..no worries, they will get it as they see how consistent you are and focused on your goals. It may even inspire them to focus more on their own personal goals..once they see your dedication and commitment.

People watch us and they may smirk, but they are thinking dam..wish i can have that control and discipline. Trust me...they are.

Your good so far..just hang in. Its gets harder, before its easier and that is the test of your will there. If it gets too hard, we can always modify the diet to ease your way through it. Just one step at a time. Keep me posted. Im always checking on ya here anyway..even if I dont always post.

Lowdown5
09-03-07, 2:07 pm
Stay the course B.C. Toni is right, it gets harder but you will see more changes as it goes on. If you need anything just let me know.

B.C.
09-03-07, 2:26 pm
Stay the course B.C. Toni is right, it gets harder but you will see more changes as it goes on. If you need anything just let me know.

I could use a few more hours sleep. Today's leg workout is going to be rough. I think I'm just going to drop set my way through most of it and get the hell out of there so I can come home and take a nap. Thanks Lowdown, for the offer. I know it'll be hard, but what fun would it be if it wasn't?

B.C.
09-03-07, 2:38 pm
There is one of my friends, Tim. He went all gung ho, called me all the time asking for advice, and then gave up just because he started school...he said it was "just impossible" to do both. I was like, what you think I don't work 10 hours a day, father 3 kids, AND go to the gym? I was seriously pissed that he even said it. Some people just don't want to do it the hard way, they don't have it in them.

I have an exercise comming up at work. That'll be the hard part. I'll be working 12 hour shifts, at night. I think I'm going to cut out some sets, and combine a few workouts together, only hit the gym twice during the exercise. With the long hours, messed up sleep schedule, and the diet, I just don't think my body can handle it. It'll only be a few days though, then it's back to the grind...always on the grind.

Toni69
09-03-07, 2:40 pm
If you need help designing 30-45min wo's I can help you. It consists of mainly giant sets and/or supersets.

B.C.
09-03-07, 10:58 pm
If you need help designing 30-45min wo's I can help you. It consists of mainly giant sets and/or supersets.

I have turned up the intensity of my workouts by combining two or three sets of each exercise into one big dropset. Today, I even did all my sets of leg presses as a dropset. It gets me out of the gym a lot quicker, and it makes lighter weights just as tough as heavier ones, sometimes tougher. I was definitely feeling the effects of the diet today, I just felt drained. I didn't sleep very well at all last night, which didn't help matters much. I wasn't expecting much from my workout today, but I woke up in a hurry once I got started:

Squats:
135 x 8
185 x 8
235 x 8 drop to
185 x 8 drop to
135 x 8

Leg Press: One big dropset
470 x 8 drop to
380 x 8 drop to
290 x 8 drop to
200 x 8

SLDLs:
135 x 8
185 x 8
185 x 8
185 x 8

Leg Extensions:
190 x 8
195 x 8
200 x 8
190 x 8

Seated Leg Curls:
105 x 8
110 x 8
110 x 8
100 x 8

Swiss Ball Crunches:
4 sets of 12

Lying Hip Thrusts:
2 sets of 12, man those things were a lot harder than I though they'd be.

Leg Lifts: On a flat bench, dropped my legs below the bench.
2 sets of 12

Toe Touch Crunches:
4 sets of 12

My extensions and curls were stronger than last week, a pleasant surprise. I was tired after this workout, all I wanted to do was take a nap, but I couldn't of course. That leg press set was killer, but the last set wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. Next week I'll start out one pie heavier on each side. The dropsets were even harder because I had to strip my own weight. Not only was I doing sets, but I was doing laps around the rack and the sled pulling plates off. I kind of underestimated myself because I was so tired before I went to the gym. I started working out though, and I forgot how tired I was...until I was done.

Lowdown5
09-03-07, 11:06 pm
Shit B.C, you may not be able to walk tomorrow. Solid day Brother.

B.C.
09-04-07, 2:14 pm
Shit B.C, you may not be able to walk tomorrow. Solid day Brother.

Thanks Bro. It was a different workout, but the result was the same...hobbling out of the gym.

B.C.
09-04-07, 2:19 pm
Weiged in at 193.0 this morning. I knew this weight would be drastically lower than the other day. I was holding on to a ton of water. I flushed it all out after the first low day...15 trips to the pisser that night told me so. After two low days, I'm down 6 pounds, mostly water, but it all counts. All I have on tap for today is some cardio.

Toni69
09-04-07, 2:50 pm
Good...just keep on guzzling that water..your fine here..absolutely perfect.

Riesjs
09-04-07, 4:13 pm
Weiged in at 193.0 this morning. I knew this weight would be drastically lower than the other day. I was holding on to a ton of water. I flushed it all out after the first low day...15 trips to the pisser that night told me so. After two low days, I'm down 6 pounds, mostly water, but it all counts. All I have on tap for today is some cardio.

quite the drop, but you hit it right on the head with why. Nice 'easy' day, with just some cardio.

Lowdown5
09-04-07, 11:15 pm
Down 6 pounds, damn B.C.

B.C.
09-05-07, 7:11 pm
Down 6 pounds, damn B.C.

Sure am, it's mostly water, but the best is yet to come. I will be at my best ever by the end of this thing, I know it.

I hit up the cardio this morning, 30 minutes on the ellip at 130-135 HR. I didn't make it to the gym today for back, but tomorrow was supposed to be an off day, and now it's a back day...no worries.

I didn't take full advantage of the medium carb day yesterday, I slept late again, and went to bed early, so I didn't get all my meals in. Today is the first high carb day. It's my anniversary tonight, so the wife and I are going out to eat. Thank god for Outback's salmon. It is awesome and it comes with steamed veggies. I'll be havin' me some grilled shrimp for sure, and a diet soda. Who says you can't eat good on a diet? Not this guy.

Lowdown5
09-05-07, 7:12 pm
Happy Anniversary Brother, enjoy the dinner!

B.C.
09-07-07, 3:17 am
I did enjoy my dinner last night, and it is refreshing to know that is is still possible to get good clean food at a restaurant. I had a good workout today, but I am starting to feel the effects of the diet. I am really tired most of the time. My 18 month old is most certainly not helping me out at all. In fact he's up right now, and it's 1 in the friggin' morning. My timing sucks, but I press on:

Reverse Grip Pull Down:
135 x 8
135 x 8
135 x 8
135 x 8

Reverse Grip BO Row:
155 x 8
155 x 8
155 x 8
135 x 8

DB Row:
65 x 8
60 x 8
55 x 8
55 x 8

BB Shrug:
225 x 8
225 x 8
245 x 8
255 x 8

DB Shrug:
90 x 8
90 x 8
90 x 8
90 x 8 Time to bump these up.

Sled Calf Press:
200 x 25
200 x 25

Seated Calf Raise:
50 x 15
50 x 15

I had to move through this workout pretty fast. I didn't have a lot of time. In fact, this whole workout took less than an hour. I may have to change things up a bit. I just don't like how these workouts are matching up with the diet. I'll mess around with them a bit, and find something that works...that's what we do.

Toni69
09-07-07, 3:25 am
Pm me if you wanna talk about your splits. You are starting to feel the drain now..good! It will pass as your body realizes what is going on and then it will adjust.

Consistency is key here...you have to keep things the way they are now...even if you go through a dry spell, where you not losing for a couple weeks..its still fine; This happens..you still have to stay with it.

Now..not taking advantage of your meals is not a good thing. You must eat all your meals as directed! NO MORE MISSING MEALS! I dont care what you have to do to get your meals in...get them in! This is not the time to cheat yourself of much needed fuel..your on a limited supply as it is.

Got it?
Take it easy...stay strong..its just a friggin mind game...you got this shit. After 2-3 weeks..it will be like second nature to you.

B.C.
09-07-07, 1:50 pm
I got it. I still ate every three hours, I just wasn't awake long enough for every three hours to equal six meals. I'll stop using that as an excuse though...six meals EVERY day. I don't feel drained all the time, it comes and goes. I'm ok so far.

B.C.
09-07-07, 6:26 pm
Surprisingly, I feel great so far today! I slept in real late because I'll be working all night tonight, and that helped imensely! I cut my oatmeal intake for breakfast to a quarter cup, so I can more evenly distribute my 125g of carbs throughout the day/night. Threw my PB right in there too, way better than just cinnamon and splenda. I had to run a quick errand to drop off my re-enlistment papers, and then it was straight to the gym for a shoulder/tri/ab assault:

DB Shoulder Press:
2 warm-ups of 40 x 12
50 x 10
55 x 7
60 x 5

BO DB Laterals: Self supported, no bench.
25 x 12
25 x 12
30 x 12
35 x 8+4

Machine Laterals: Haven't done these in years, liked the change. I don't know how much the plates weigh on this machine, so the numbers are just how many plates there were.
5 x 15
7 x 10
8 x 6+2

Reverse Pec-Deck:
65 x 12
65 x 12
70 x 8+2
70 x 7, drop to 50 for 7 more.

Straight Bar Cable Pushdowns:
90 x 15
110 x 12
120 x 7+2
110 x 6, drop to 90 for 5.

Overhead DB Triceps Extension:
35 x 10
35 x 12
40 x 10
45 x 8

Skull Crushers: Done on a decline bench, with an e-z curl bar.
50 x 10 outer grip
50 x 6 inner grip
40 x 10 inner
40 x 10 inner

Abs:
25 reps of various exercises, done in a circuit, until I reached 200 reps.

My tri's were fried after the shoulders, and the pushdowns...as you can see by the weights I used for everything else. I got a great pump today, something that hasn't happened since I started the diet. These reps/sets worked out a lot better than the 8 rep workout I was doing before, I'm going to keep the reps higher for most sets now, throwing lower rep sets in there just for good measure.

My elbow was killing me today, so I had to avoid UR Rows, and a lot of tricep exercises. I did what I could, and it ended up being my best workout in quite some time. I'll hit up the cardio a bit later before I go to work. Hopefully it'll give me a little energy boost so I can make it through my 12 hour shift tonight.

Lowdown5
09-07-07, 6:35 pm
Solid session. Invest in some Flex for the elbow if you can swing it. Ice it down as much as you can.

B.C.
09-07-07, 6:42 pm
Solid session. Invest in some Flex for the elbow if you can swing it. Ice it down as much as you can.

I think I will Brother, thanks. I need some more Nitro anyways, and Cuts. That'll be the new stack to start soon:

Paks, Cuts, Flex, Nitro
Storm, BCAA Stack

Maybe more Sterol Complex, I really like how it's working so far. Ever tried it?