PDA

View Full Version : Do you include water in your shakes and supplements?

Joff the Beast
06-26-07, 8:51 pm
(already used the search tool).

Hi Brothers,

When counting your daily water intake, do you count the water you get from your shakes ?

Ex : Im 160 pounds

1st shake (with labradas breakfeast MRP) : 16 0z (500Ml)
2nd shake (with massgainer) : 16 oz (500 Ml)
3rd shake (with massgainer) : 16 oz (500 Ml)
4th shake (prebedtime) : 12 oz (400 Ml)
+
Daily clear water consumption (1.2 liters).

I want to have the best water intake as possible since I take creatine. I know I should be getting half of my bodyweight in Onces (Oz) but Im not sure if I should count the water I get from the shakes or not.

What's your input ?

Peace,

Joff

Seifer
06-26-07, 11:35 pm
80oz?

Nah man, I'd drink at least a gallon. Heck, my water bottle is 60 oz. I'll drink about 2 JUST while I train!

Chin
06-26-07, 11:47 pm
Its above 90F here everyday... That just means I drink upwards of 2 Gallons of water a day, During the winter its less but its through the roof right now.

I'll also throw down about a Litre of Milk and some OJ when I get the chance...

Chin

Themostocles
02-29-08, 12:01 am
Ok, I know we are suppose to take in a gallon to two gallons of water a day. I don't count the tea I drink or if I guzzle a diet drink. But does the water we mix storm or shock therapy count? I drink over a liter during w/o, which is more than I am suppose to mix it in with. But I don't know if can count it since it has a supp mixed in with it. Thanks, -T.

GJN5002
02-29-08, 12:03 am
Ok, I know we are suppose to take in a gallon to two gallons of water a day. I don't count the tea I drink or if I guzzle a diet drink. But does the water we mix storm or shock therapy count? I drink over a liter during w/o, which is more than I am suppose to mix it in with. But I don't know if can count it since it has a supp mixed in with it. Thanks, -T.
fluid is fluid. many people may disagree but from sources ive read, if its liquid it counts towards your daily intake. so your coffee, diet soda, and especially water used to mix up supps count. but even if you dont wanna take my advice, just drink more anyway, its basiacally free and the more the better

damitramit
02-29-08, 12:39 am
so is it true if u drink alot of water constantly when u eat foods with high sodium content its not AS bad for you ?

VishGT2
02-29-08, 1:16 am

i see you're downing 1-2 gal a day, i was just wondering if 3-4 is bad? i think i'm getting enough sodium, but just want to make sure. what do you guys think is needed for 3 gal/day?

D-Bomb
02-29-08, 10:17 am
interesting article very long but it will surprise you all in regards to how much sodium should be replaced per Gallon of water etc...
http://www.t-nation.com/article/diet_and_nutrition/sodium_your_secret_weapon&cr=dietAndNutrition

i take in about 2.5-3 Gallons a day which will do you well if your about 200+lbs and/or working out intensively, i do count the water i put in my supplements. remember that Tea, etc can dehydrate your body as a diuretic, i say for every tea,coffee you have replace it with 500ml's straight water

dclutter1
02-29-08, 10:27 am
I usually don't count it if it has caffeine or sugar in it (Tea, Coke, even Diet Coke). Crystal light, and things of that nature, I count towards daily consumption.

VishGT2
02-29-08, 12:20 pm
interesting article very long but it will surprise you all in regards to how much sodium should be replaced per Gallon of water etc...
http://www.t-nation.com/article/diet_and_nutrition/sodium_your_secret_weapon&cr=dietAndNutrition

i take in about 2.5-3 Gallons a day which will do you well if your about 200+lbs and/or working out intensively, i do count the water i put in my supplements. remember that Tea, etc can dehydrate your body as a diuretic, i say for every tea,coffee you have replace it with 500ml's straight water

im at 175, workout intense 5 days /week and i only drink 2 cups of milk plus the water. i count the 3 gallons in all of my shakes and what not. no tea or coffee for me. i'm on a cutting diet for a contest so can't have anything but water

Army_druid
03-01-08, 8:11 am
These are all good tips. i have one to suggest. Do it like we do out here in Iraq, man.
As long as you're urine is perfectly clear, you're still in the green for hydration. As soon as it starts to turn yellowish go and drink about 20 oz. of water. I've used this method for my workouts since I came to Iraq and it hasn't failed me yet.

ROC1291
03-01-08, 11:57 am
I dont take in enough sodium!
what the fuck

MRob
05-06-09, 8:25 pm

D-Bomb
05-06-09, 8:33 pm
uh...that post going anywhere champ?

daninarmy
12-14-09, 8:13 pm
Ok i amdrinking 1 gal a water per day. The question to all of you is do you count the water that you mix with supps like Protien powder or do drink a gal besides all that? By the way I am on a bulk. Thanks for the help guys.

TigerAce01
12-14-09, 8:16 pm
Ok i amdrinking 1 gal a water per day. The question to all of you is do you count the water that you mix with supps like Protien powder or do drink a gal besides all that? By the way I am on a bulk. Thanks for the help guys.

I don't count my shakes and powdered supplements as water. I drink at least 1 Gallon on top of that.

-Ace

Dingo
12-15-09, 1:10 am
water is water, a good rule is one gal a day, but more is always better. I wouldn't sweat it unless you know you are not getting properly hydrated. an easy way to reach 1 gal a day is to drink 2 8oz glasses with each meal. if you eat six times a day thats 96oz just 32 away from a gallon. then if your chuggin water while you lift, takin it in shakes, creatine drinks, whatever then you'll be fine.

J Wong
12-15-09, 1:15 am
I drink about 25-30 standard bottles of water a day.

Cstlfx
12-15-09, 1:18 am
I dont count any shakes, pre workout supps, etc. I get in at least 1 gallon a day or more, depending on how many/what supplements I'm taking.

dannynb
12-15-09, 7:46 am
water is water, a good rule is one gal a day, but more is always better. I wouldn't sweat it unless you know you are not getting properly hydrated. an easy way to reach 1 gal a day is to drink 2 8oz glasses with each meal. if you eat six times a day thats 96oz just 32 away from a gallon. then if your chuggin water while you lift, takin it in shakes, creatine drinks, whatever then you'll be fine.

You still at home with the baby? Cause you have WAAAAYYY to much free time on hand to be knowing all this. LOL

theharjmann
12-15-09, 8:51 am
drink water till your piss is clear

if ur piss isnt clear, drink more water. simple.

thats the way i do it

NJC_Manhattan
12-15-09, 8:55 am
Its been said, but 1 gal a day is pretty key. In the summer, I'd up that to 2 gals a day. Remember if your taking a lot of supps you gotta hydrate. Don't want any liver issues.

DA GOVNA
12-15-09, 9:35 am
drink water till your piss is clear

if ur piss isnt clear, drink more water. simple.

thats the way i do it

I second that... but carry a gallon around for good measures and tracking your intake

DA GOVNA
12-15-09, 9:37 am

YES you count the water in shakes, creatine, preworkout drinks. water is water no matter how it gets in your body.

Brutus_515
12-15-09, 9:53 am
a gallon a day is enough more is better (dont go overboard unless you know wate your doing if you are using water manipulation before a show or something). but really I use the formula of my half my weight in oz. plus 20oz due to my activity (120oz). then with my post work out shake of 20oz and what i drink when working out about 16-20oz depends on the water bottle. so over a gallon is a good range. 140oz total. so alittle more than a gallon (128oz).