PDA

View Full Version : BCAA & EAA timing

workoutfreakk
07-02-07, 3:19 pm
I know that Nitro says to take immediately postworkout, then wait at least 30 mins for a shake. Is this the timing that should be followed with any brand of BCAA? I use BCAA capsules and have been taking them with my postworkout shake for some time, and was wondering if I am not maximizing thier potential. I also take them in the morning with breakfast and before bed.

king1
07-02-07, 4:06 pm
BCAA's whatever brand, or in capsule or powder, to my knowledge are best taken right after a workout, immediatly upon waking, or after cardio. THe idea is when nothing is in your stomach, BCAA's will get to your muscles faster than anything. IF you take them with food or a shake i thought it would defeat the purpose.

fireman9
03-02-08, 12:20 pm
How critical do you believe the timing of EAA reall is? On my days that I am not training I just throw a packet of Nitro G and a serving of BCAA stack in my gallon jug and drink it at work. Is there a reason why I shouldn't?

pmug0000
03-02-08, 12:26 pm
How critical do you believe the timing of EAA reall is? On my days that I am not training I just throw a packet of Nitro G and a serving of BCAA stack in my gallon jug and drink it at work. Is there a reason why I shouldn't?

On non-training days timing isn't so important, but I think on training days it is VERY important to get those EAAs at the right time (before, during, and immediately after lifting).

SQUAT or DIE!
03-02-08, 12:29 pm
i take mine intra WO and then my torrent with like half serving of EAA immedately after.

fireman9
03-02-08, 12:31 pm
On non-training days timing isn't so important, but I think on training days it is VERY important to get those EAAs at the right time (before, during, and immediately after lifting).

What I was doing was taking my gallon jug which by the time I hit the gym has 1/3 left and empty in 1 packet of Nitro G. I drink this just prior to getting to the gym and finish it by the time I am done. I guess I will stick to that. Much appreciated.

Wasteland
03-03-08, 3:47 pm
EAAs pre, during and post, in fairly small increments. If you're conserving, focus on either pre or post. As for BCAAs, if you're taking EAAs, I don't feel it's necessary. Fact is, for anaerobic training (as opposed to aerobic), I think the value of a BCAA supplement is not as great as compared to EAAs.

born0withno0soul
03-03-08, 3:59 pm
if you have the funds take in eaas all day

Wasteland
03-03-08, 4:05 pm
if you have the funds take in eaas all day

I prefer to use good old whey or or some protein blend throughout the day. While EAAs are more efficient than protein powders, they are more expensive. Outside of the training period, I don't necessarily feel that free form EAAs really have an advantage over powders.

NickSP
03-03-08, 4:08 pm

I wouldn't take Nitro G on off days cause there's not much reason to throw down a 35 gram sugar serving, I'd pick up a lone EAA supp like EAA Stack or Nitro for off days..

msktyshha
11-24-09, 9:10 pm
just picked up a bcaa supplement. leucine-1000mg, isoleucine-500mg, valine-500mg.

It says take 3x a day. just wanna know when is the best time to take it. I know post workout is a must, when else should I take it.

widdlewade44
11-24-09, 10:19 pm
I've had a lot of success using BCAAs the following way: dose upon waking up, 'mid-day' dose and post workout as you mentioned. I even throw in a forth dose before bedtime from time to time.

Kevin
widdlewade44

MELTDOWN
11-24-09, 10:43 pm
I take a serving pre w/o, immediately post w/o ( I train in the a.m.) and with my evening meal...

BubbyLight
11-24-09, 11:45 pm
wake up, post workout and b4 bed

Aggression
11-25-09, 8:25 am
I'll throw yet another option in here:

1 serving upon waking up
1 serving preWO
1 serving postWO

Lightnin'
12-03-09, 10:22 am
Any reason not to take EAA's upon waking?