PDA

View Full Version : Stretch Marks

Pages : [1] 2

OSUrookie
01-19-07, 3:01 pm
hey guys, i just started to notice a few small stretch marks just above my armpit and i'm wondering if you guys get stretch marks or what u do to get rid of/prevent them.

Rampage
01-19-07, 3:04 pm
welcome to the club brother!! haha, im not sure what you can do about them.. i tan once or twice a week and it seems to make them not as noticeable unless ur right up close looknig for them

niladmirari88
01-19-07, 3:08 pm
Stretch marks are bittersweet. I have them on my biceps and they look ugly, but they are also a good sign that your muscles are growing too fast for your skin to adapt. So in that sense I think they rock.

Joe Pas
01-19-07, 3:12 pm
i love mine ...it shows that im growing ...i love it when i find new ones lol ...i also guage my workout by them too ...when they are all stretched out and smooth that means ive got a sick pump going on lol ...but seriously tanning helps but coco butter will help it there are really bad ...

Riesjs
01-19-07, 3:12 pm
Stretchmarks. Agreed. Bittersweet. They are ugly, but wear them as badges of commitment, sweat, and pride. They are here to stay.

NumeroUno
01-19-07, 3:15 pm
-Supposedly- If you put something called "shay butters" on the areas that are most likely to stretch, it loosens them up and prevents them. Once you get them I'm pretty sure you got em for life tho.

Congrats tho, stretch marks mean you're growing fast enough that your skin isn't keeping up!!!

-Daniel

widdlewade44
01-19-07, 3:22 pm
All, I understand stretch marks are part of the sport and discipline, they are a badge of honor.

Having said that, I have had success and witnessed a friend go stretch mark free through a pregnancy. The key to her success was using body lotion. Applying the lotion, everyday, to the affected area (primarily her stomach). I have also added the application of lotion to my pec/shoulder tie in as well as my shoulder/lats. I have added a solid 80lbs of lean mass to my body over the course of my lifting/bb career and don't have any stretch marks.

As I said, I understand stretch marks are part of this business. If this helps out someone else, that is the intention of my reply to this post. Thanks.

Kevin
widdlewade44

determined
01-19-07, 3:23 pm
Be proud of them.
Show them off like a trophy, because that is what they are.

ATLAS64
01-19-07, 3:27 pm
KEEP THEM!! Who gives a shit if u got em, just means ur bustin ur ass man.. mine go from my arm pit to half way down my forearm.. people notice them and always ask WHAT THE FUCK R THOSE all the time... its kinda a sick reward for busting your ass every day in the gym the way i see it. but cocoa butter gets rid of em.

LOFT
01-19-07, 7:52 pm
you guys are right, wear them like badges. Its part of the sport and your gonna get'em......especially if your young and growing like crazy. But if your worried about em.....apply cocoa butter before you lift......and if you already have'em......use Mederma.

karmazon
01-19-07, 7:58 pm
I never understood why people disliked them. I always thought they're awesome and that everybody thought the same.

Hatred
01-19-07, 8:09 pm
Agreed, Badges of Honor they are.
I started getting a tiny one on the inside of my elbow joint while doing arms. I am STOKED. It'll be invisible til next arm session for now...

BuffLove1
01-19-07, 10:22 pm
Haha I have to agree with you guys, my mom saw all of mine when I came back from college for the first time and she was grossed out. I just sat there and laughed about it, ha.

She probably expected stretch marks from the freshman 15, not the weight room :-)

Fokus
01-19-07, 10:42 pm
Agreed, Badges of Honor they are.
I started getting a tiny one on the inside of my elbow joint while doing arms. I am STOKED. It'll be invisible til next arm session for now...

Yes badges of honor they are, but if you want to keep them at a minimum, or at least reduce the visibility of the ones you have now, you can apply cocoa butter lotion and topical stretch mark cremes found in your local walgreens or walmart.

Also, heres a link to a site that will throw you in the right direction.

--http://www.medicinenet.com/stretch_marks/article.htm

Hard Cell
01-20-07, 2:56 pm
I'll have em all over my body man..
Biceps above my armpits, back, thighs, abs even my shoulder..
I dont know why..

bovat
01-30-07, 11:30 am
i have been lifting for about a year steadily, and have been making serious size gains, all muscle thankfully. but the wider i get the more stretch marks i get on my outer chest to my shoulders. is this common for a lot of bodybuilders, cuz i haven't seen any in magazines with stretch marks and they are fuckin massive. a little woried if i keep lifting i will just get more and more stretch marks and that ain't a good look. especially with my double biceps pose, just kind of draws attention to the wrong area.

HAWK
01-30-07, 11:45 am
Don't worry bout the stretch marks. They're part of the game, wear 'em with pride, cuz that shit means you're growing too fast for your skin. Fuckin' awesome if you ask me. There's lotions and shit to put on 'em to control em...go ahead, they're right down the pregnancy isle in the supermarket.

Giant Killer
01-30-07, 11:58 am
don't be worried about stretch marks--they are the tattoo of the iron warrior--otherwise, pick up some Vitamin E oil in the vitamins isle and rub some of that on, and when you tan (if you do-or in the summer, you know) the stretch marks will also disappear a bit from tanning

ghost
01-30-07, 12:30 pm
There's lotions and shit to put on 'em to control em...go ahead, they're right down the pregnancy isle in the supermarket.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

absolutely hilarious

very true..wear the stretch marks with pride...they are just like the muscle that you are building...they are a part of our life...learn to love them.

G Diesel
01-30-07, 1:03 pm
i have been lifting for about a year steadily, and have been making serious size gains, all muscle thankfully. but the wider i get the more stretch marks i get on my outer chest to my shoulders. is this common for a lot of bodybuilders, cuz i haven't seen any in magazines with stretch marks and they are fuckin massive. a little woried if i keep lifting i will just get more and more stretch marks and that ain't a good look. especially with my double biceps pose, just kind of draws attention to the wrong area.

Most, if not all, really big guys get them during times of rapid growth. Wear them like a badge of honor, even if it looks like Wolverine took a swipe at ya (like mine). If you don't see em in the mags it is because of airbrushing, just like the bunnies in Playboy. Peace, G

Mickey
01-30-07, 1:25 pm
don't worry, they will fade with time. as far as guys in mags, how many of them are really pale? when you tan they are less noticible, and those pics are enhanced, just like G Diesel said...

Maccabee
01-30-07, 1:32 pm
Stretch marks lol, wear them with pride brother. They are our medals that we receive in our battles with the iron way of life. I have a shitload of stretchmarks on my chest, back, biceps, triceps, even my fricken forearms, buttocks, quads, and thats about it for now. Ppl will sometimes ask me if i have tatoos and shit i usually show them my stretch marks and then they go ewww like little babies, i just look at em and laugh my ass off.

Its very simple man, the bigger you get the more stretch marks you will get. Go to any bodybuilder right up close and i gaurantee you he will have enough stretch marks to supply 20 people lol.

Hollywood
01-30-07, 2:26 pm
Q: As my biceps get bigger, I’ve developed stretch marks on them. How do I get rid of them?

A: Your kiddin’ me right? You’re concerned about stretch marks? Most guys would cut their balls off to have stretch marks on their arms, especially the bicep. The guys I talk to all want to know how they can get bigger arms. If you have stretch marks, it means that your arms have grown. Who gives a flying fuck about stretch marks? Know what? If your worried about growing and getting stretch marks, then I have an idea: Why don't you take up knitting instead? This way you don't have to worry about that kinda’ shit. The only things you'll have to worry about are patterns and yarn colors.

Taken right from the FAQs
I love my stretch marks.

The_Stig
01-30-07, 2:46 pm
amen to all of the above, and on the topic of magazines..next time u have a look at one with the olympia line up in it, have a proper look ;)

asilab
01-30-07, 2:59 pm
Stetch marks are a sense of accomplishment & a reminder of how far you've come! Like G Diesel said "wear them like a badge of honor."

bovat
01-30-07, 5:09 pm
Don't worry bout the stretch marks. They're part of the game, wear 'em with pride, cuz that shit means you're growing too fast for your skin. Fuckin' awesome if you ask me. There's lotions and shit to put on 'em to control em...go ahead, they're right down the pregnancy isle in the supermarket.

hahaha. ya my mom got me some and it seems to work on the marks on my biceps, but my fuckin chest is ripping the skin fuckin off.

eatNlift
02-22-07, 12:18 am
yo brothers i just wanted to know what can i use before workout to prevent stretch marks and where can i get it?

ned
02-22-07, 12:27 am
The only way I know to prevent them is to not get to big to fast.

OldeIron
02-22-07, 12:30 am
One of my buddies uses coco butter, dont kno if it really works or not or wher to get it. thats all i got on this lol.

MassManiac
02-22-07, 12:39 am
Ha, hey man, be proud of stretch marks. It means you are progressing faster than your skin can handle. I got my first stretch mark a little while back... almost brought a tear to my eye... haha. Anyway, in all seriousness, if you're looking for an answer, ask someone who's been pregnant (no joke). Women almost always get them. So, see what some of the mothers out there have used. But like I said, the only stretch marks I'd wanna get rid of would be around the midline from being overweight. Embrace em bro. They are a sign of progress.

WeaponX
02-22-07, 12:42 am
Seriously man,
If I woke up tomorrow and had more stretch marks on me I would be thrilled! That means that i cant tell myself Im not growing anymore, the proof is staring me right in the face! Love them man! Call them Battle wounds or rewards, shit, call them progress!

cmart315
02-22-07, 1:02 am
Use lotion everyday and you won't have any issues.

gsb239
02-22-07, 1:26 am
This is from the FAQ section under training:

Q: As my biceps get bigger, I’ve developed stretch marks on them. How do I get rid of them?
A: Your kiddin’ me right? You’re concerned about stretch marks? Most guys would cut their balls off to have stretch marks on their arms, especially the bicep. The guys I talk to all want to know how they can get bigger arms. If you have stretch marks, it means that your arms have grown. Who gives a flying fuck about stretch marks? Know what? If your worried about growing and getting stretch marks, then I have an idea: Why don't you take up knitting instead? This way you don't have to worry about that kinda’ shit. The only things you'll have to worry about are patterns and yarn colors.

I believe it was Machine who answered that.

spanish.iron
02-22-07, 2:32 am
go to a body shop and they'll point you in the right direction. I guess it's alright to be worried about keeping beautiful, flawless skin *rolls eyes* lol. But yeah or definitely ask woman who've been pregnant. If I see my sis anytime soon I'll ask her and post up a reply.

karmazon
02-22-07, 2:49 am
yo brothers i just wanted to know what can i use before workout to prevent stretch marks and where can i get it?

Stop lifting weights.

hjayss
02-22-07, 3:19 am
This is from the FAQ section under training:

I believe it was Machine who answered that.

Stop lifting weights.

Two very good options bro BE PROUD OF THEM YOUR BADGE OF HONOR. I look like a got attacked by a lion my wife hate them but when it is sale time who is the first person to say your big ill get behind you lol.

USMC_KILL
02-22-07, 4:48 am
damn....i was about to post on how to get them faster..

darkside64
02-22-07, 5:27 am
I feel you on one hand. My arms grew so fast that my biceps are literally one purple slap, because there are so many stretch marks. My best advice learn to love them, and if you dont then there is always a career in being a professional pussy.

hjayss
02-22-07, 7:17 am

I like that one bro.

Powerfreak
02-22-07, 9:55 am
Dont get Pregnant. lol. sorry couldn't resist, this was the first thread I read this morning, nothing like a good laugh to start the day.
I don't know of too many people outside of competitive bodybuilders or powerlifters that would put on enough size fast enough to get stretch marks. But if ya got em' ya got em', I have seen plenty of commercials for stuff to help prevent and or reduce them. Best bet is probably to go to the local drug store and checkout the womens skin care isle.

Tank87
02-22-07, 10:02 am
There is a good product that I have used called Super K for stretch marks. Worked well and can be bought I would assume mostly anywhere.

darkside64
02-22-07, 10:05 am
LOL and while you are at it you might as well get some tampons. Seriously bro, forget all that shit and just lift. If you cant handle stretch marks your in the wrong sport

Best bet is probably to go to the local drug store and checkout the womens skin care isle.[/QUOTE]

JMC
02-22-07, 10:44 am
dude, I've been asked "when did you get that surgury", many times, b/c of the huge grody stretch marks on my shoulders and chest. It looks like I was sliced with a butter knife! I LOVE THAT SHIT!!!!

Jeff the Repper
02-22-07, 10:45 am
Here is something that can help you prevent strecth marks to a degree, make sure to supplement your diet with Zinc that wil help the lower dermis stay more elastic, I have not seen much success with topical creams but it may not hurt. I have had a few guys I trained in the past that had some nasty tears go to a tatoo guy and have them " filled in " with ink that was closer to their skin color. Of course I do agree if you are a dedicated Animal you will probably get a few regardless of what you do, so wear them like a medal of honor.

Keep Growing ....

spanish.iron
02-22-07, 11:32 am
poor guy is too embarrassed now to reply to his own thread lol.

Mr.Totality
02-22-07, 11:51 am
worried about stretch marks, stop lifting

CitadelArmyJAG
02-22-07, 12:42 pm
You need to make sure you are feeding your body what it needs to stretch, heal itself, and grow.

Make sure you are getting a lot of omega-3s, fish oil, flax, etc.
Lots of vitamim E, you can even open some of them up and rub them on your "problem areas."

Keep hydrated, and use coco butter, vitamin e, aloe, or whatever else you have to keep your skin supple.

Maccabee
02-22-07, 12:43 pm
lol bro your worried about stretch marks man. Thats ok, in the beginning I was the same. Only way I know to prevent it is not to grow to fast. Other then that you will learn to love em, every month they just get bigger and bigger, and I just get prouder and prouder.

Some ppl say to use coco butter, but I tried that and it didnt work for me. Shit I tried a couple creams, now I just accept it. This is who I am. Hope you find a way to get rid of em. Oh! tanning makes it look like it aint there so try that.

JBone
02-22-07, 12:45 pm
i wish i had stretch marks...

NJack2AF
02-22-07, 1:00 pm
Yeah I have recently started to get stretch marks up in the shoulder area and running down my bicep.. I'm not worried about it though, I fuckin love em and can't wait for em to get bigger. This is the first time I have got em and I'm STOKED!

focused
02-22-07, 1:02 pm
me too, USMC_Kill, post up your shit on how to get 'em faster! haha

CitadelArmyJAG
02-22-07, 1:05 pm
I guess if you already got em, its better that you guys like them than feel pissed about it. However, if somebody is trying to avoid them for whatever reason, I think that is undrestandble too.

Its kind of like callaflower ear... some of us wear em with pride, others will do ANYTHING to try to keep from getting them.

eatNlift
02-22-07, 5:27 pm
i already know that having stretch marks is a badge of honor.but its jus came outta no where cuz i'v been eating like a pig(every 2 hours egg whites specially)kinda scared me,didnt notice that i was eating alot.im a preety boy hater so dont make me one of them.U CAN CALL ME WHATEVER but im jus gonna mind my own business jus EAT LIFT SLEEP TO GROW(STRETCH MARKS) AND THANK YOU VERY MUCH FELLAS.

Jason762
02-23-07, 4:52 am
I got stretch marks too, on my bicep/tricep, my upper chest to armpit, and on my side by my lats.

I'm proud of 'em.

I hear exfoliating removes dead skin cells which encourages new skin growth which may make the marks grow out. Also something about coco butter (already mentioned) and vitiman E.

Good luck!

Toni69
02-23-07, 5:56 am
I can see for guys how these can be worn as a badge of honor...personally, I dont like them for me. I am lucky I didnt get them after having a kid..only a few. You cant get rid of them without surgery so pure cocoa butter and vit E oil will help keep them moisturized and less visible.

Bombshell
02-23-07, 8:37 am
being a woman, I've heard lots of remedies how to prevent stretch marks. I guess it depends where ya got em? FOr pregnant women who usually get them around their belly and ass, they do tell them to use Cocoa Butter every day at least 2-3 times daily. Also, I've heard canola oil is good. IF you're really that worried about it, you can hit up the drug store and ask the pharmacist if there's anything stronger to use. You may even ask your doctor if there is something he/she can prescribed. Oh~ I just thought of another thing you can take: vitamin E capsules. That works from the inside out and also helps your skin tone, and texture.
I don't know if this thread was really meant to be serious or a joke, but, there's the info for ya. Hope it helps!

DRIVEN
03-06-07, 11:19 pm
someone post how i can get some of these!! haha

Dre-J
03-07-07, 7:58 am
I call them the ironbrandings. The iron wants to show everybody, who is worth it.

Every day I stay up I start staring at my biceps, my left shoulder and the Top of my left outter lat.

I remember when I became the first once at the biceps. I was 18 and during a hard ass Chest-Biceps workout and real hard set of Barbell Curls my Skin started burning. I droped the barbell on the floor and went to one of our freaks. I didn't saw the stretch marks. Ijust thougth my biceps was injured, but the freak just sid: "Boy, you're becoming a man"

Matoltsy85
03-19-07, 5:45 pm
I just noticed i got stretch marks right above my arm pits. Im taking that as a good sign? Am I right?

stumblin54
03-19-07, 5:46 pm
Wear 'em with pride bro. Your skin can't keep up with the growth, damn right that's good. Peace.

Stumblin

fallen_evil
03-19-07, 5:46 pm
Look at them as trophys for the hard work you put in

Giant Killer
03-19-07, 5:49 pm
Use the search function brother.

karmazon
03-19-07, 5:50 pm
I just noticed i got stretch marks right above my arm pits. Im taking that as a good sign? Am I right?

Yes, it means your muscles are growing fast.

JUGGERNAUT
03-19-07, 5:51 pm
Sorry to hear you are growing that fast.... Well done...

Giant Killer
03-19-07, 6:01 pm
This is by far my favorite quote from animalpak.com in the Training FAQs section. I couldn't stop laughing for hours after I read this the first time.

moreiron
03-19-07, 6:14 pm
man thats the best thing i have ever heard man patterns and colors i will be laughing in the gym all day

mr muscle
03-19-07, 6:21 pm
haha god on u man wear em with honour and dignity keep it up .

Matoltsy85
03-19-07, 7:33 pm
haha YESSS...makes me feel good....

never_2_big
03-19-07, 7:41 pm
Sorry to hear you are growing that fast.... Well done...

"sorry" good call bro, that fast growth must be real tough dont you think

karmazon
03-19-07, 8:55 pm
"sorry" good call bro, that fast growth must be real tough dont you think

He never complained about having stretch mark, he just wanted reassurance that they are good.

Reacher34
03-19-07, 9:08 pm
Welcome bro! Women fear getting them, lots of people say they're ugly, we ANIMALS wear them as badges of honor. Keep growing man, get so big that even the largest of stretch marks goes unnoticed next to the size of your guns!

king1
03-19-07, 10:43 pm
I got stretch marks on my bis, under arms, pec-delt tie in, tris, LEGS, and i saw a new one right next to my nipple. I am happy to have them since it means im growing fast, but they keep coming. Ive tried coco butter, and regular lotion, and i just got more (probably coincidence). Before summer im gonna tan and use what they sell for pregnant women.... I wear em like a kool badge that im soon gonna hide.

Praetor
03-19-07, 11:09 pm
If you dont like em'

Cover em' with tattoos

NFLD JimBo
03-19-07, 11:36 pm
i got em on biceps, a lil on my shoulders, and back of my armpits, and top of chest turning into my armpit area, ide say theyll fade after i darken up once the weather turns good...

Big Wides
03-19-07, 11:46 pm
i got them and some people don't like them, i take pride, its a way to show off the hard work that youve been putting in at the gym. got them on my arms, chest and lat area

TheNaturalG
03-20-07, 12:17 am
Anyone think stretch marks can get freaking itchy. That is the only thing that annoys me with them so far being that I only got them on my hips.

TheGymInc.
03-20-07, 12:20 am
those are scars for life bro, they never go away they fade and turn in time but they will be red and purple when they r new and turn to natural color or shinny forever. thats the pleasure of growing out of your skin. the more u have the more u have grown. i have collected tons of these and love them all. so keep em coming.

Masculus
03-20-07, 4:58 pm
hell yea stretch marks, just be proud of them, it means ur growing faster than ur skin can stretch.

Ive been training a little over a year and i have stretch marks all inside my thies, above my pits and even some on my calves, once they get old they arent really noticable so dont worry about

just be proud! and keep stretchin that skin

p.s. the reason they are near impossible to get rid of is beacuse its a scarring on the lower layers of the skin, under the epidermis

you can try cocoa butter or something but it most likely wont help all that much

rocky36
03-20-07, 5:48 pm
i agree with most everyone else i love mine but the massive ones i have are on my thighs and calvs it looks like a river goin down my legs once i get a good sweat going

goody19
03-22-07, 4:06 am
Points of pride. One above the armpit and crawlers going aross the peak of both bis are slowly gettin bigger. Proof that you worked for what you have.

BuffLove1
03-22-07, 4:21 am
Haha yeah, my upper arms and outer chest have become an explosion of stretch marks over the last few months. Like a few guys have said, if they really bother you that much, just go tanning because they become a hell of a lot less noticeable if you're darker.

aznlifter
03-22-07, 7:07 am
I got the pregnant woman lotion...it doesn't do jack shit for me. No lotion does. No matter how much i throw on, they just get worse with growth. If you can get ahold of some from your doc, try to get retin-A (sp?)...my friend told me about it (his parents are doctors and he used to have really bad stretch marks.) what it does is basically causes the skin area to which its applied to peel and peel until it eventually fades to near nothing. He said it takes a few months to really make them go away completely (well, as close as they can get to completely gone...they never truly will, though). the only problem is, you might still be growing, and it will just be a waste, so as for now, don't worry about it, but if you notice they stop getting bigger for a while and you want to clean them up, use prescription retin-A.

Aengus
03-23-07, 12:13 am
I like mine, and I have a LOT.

In fact, if I stop seeing new stretch marks, I know I am not training hard enough, and I increase the intensity. I want stretch marks on my CALVES. Anyone have those?

Stretch marks mean you are growing so fast that your SKIN doesn't even fit anymore. How awesome is THAT?!

DRIVEN
03-23-07, 12:27 am
ANYONE know a technique on how to GET these!!!!?

Big Wides
03-23-07, 12:40 am

i have never heard of a technique to get them, they happen when your muscles grow faster than your skin elasticity (sp). just keep training hard and eating right, they will come. also, it depends on your skin as well some people get them and others dont.

Maccabee
03-23-07, 2:00 am
My stretch marks are fuckin awesome. There getting bigger month by frickin month. I already have stretch marks on my upper forearm/lower bicep, chest, back, arms, legs, etc....... I got em all over my body. I used to add all that coco crap, and other creams. Until I came here.

One place that I dont have stretch marks are my calves. Thats my weekest point, however I am planning to make them my strongest.

stumblin54
03-23-07, 2:04 am

Train and eat like there's no tomorrow. Peace.

Stumblin

Aengus
03-23-07, 2:57 am
My stretch marks are fuckin awesome. There getting bigger month by frickin month. I already have stretch marks on my upper forearm/lower bicep, chest, back, arms, legs, etc....... I got em all over my body. I used to add all that coco crap, and other creams. Until I came here.

One place that I dont have stretch marks are my calves. Thats my weekest point, however I am planning to make them my strongest.

Mine are weak too, and I also plan on making them my best bodypart.

I have found that doing cardio on your toes (especially the stairstepper) adds mass to small calves. You just have to pound them mercilessly. Try 2 minutes on calves, 2 off for 30 min. Then hit some bodyweight calf raises, toes out for emphasis on inner calves, staying at the top half of the movement. Try this twice a week, then pound away on your normal calf routine. Right now I am at 4min on 1min off for 30 min. I do this until my tendons or bones hurt;right to the edge of injury, then I back off for a few days. It works wonders, but I STILL have no stretch marks.

I think we need House on the case.

Maccabee
03-23-07, 10:53 am
Mine are weak too, and I also plan on making them my best bodypart.

I have found that doing cardio on your toes (especially the stairstepper) adds mass to small calves. You just have to pound them mercilessly. Try 2 minutes on calves, 2 off for 30 min. Then hit some bodyweight calf raises, toes out for emphasis on inner calves, staying at the top half of the movement. Try this twice a week, then pound away on your normal calf routine. Right now I am at 4min on 1min off for 30 min. I do this until my tendons or bones hurt;right to the edge of injury, then I back off for a few days. It works wonders, but I STILL have no stretch marks.

I think we need House on the case.

I will try your method. I recently gained an inch when I was doing the Project M Alpha Testing and they didnt go back down since. One thing I was doin was hitting them twice a week. One day with high reps and the other low. But I am going to try your method. Thanks for the tip bro

Suleiman
05-03-07, 9:40 pm
k lets face stretch are cool but i was wondering will they look ugly when am 60 years old just saying.....?

musclealchemist
05-03-07, 9:44 pm
use coco butter to get rid of them. I have a bunch because i was fat once upon a time. Just train hard and dont worry bout em

YOUNG_BB
05-03-07, 9:53 pm
i use that coco butter and i stil keep getting new stretch mark, or and they become bigger, but it reduced the red nedd of the stretch mark

stumblin54
05-03-07, 9:55 pm
Worry about that when you're 60 bro. You have bigger fish to fry right now. You think I care about how I'm going to look with all my ink when I'm 60? Hell no. And cocoa butter? Come on. Wear them with pride. Peace.

Stumblin

king1
05-03-07, 10:01 pm
I dont know about you and your stretch marks, but i know mine. I thought they were cool at first, but they just kept coming, and kept getting bigger and bigger. It looks like a tiger swiped my last, arms, and legs. Im starting to get them on my chest, and on the outside of my arm too. If they keep going at this pace my entire arm will be covered. NO JOKING HERE. Im not bragging but theyre ALL OVER my arms. Hopefully tanning will work well, because coco butter didnt do a thing for me. Dont wish for stretch marks.....

brandonA
05-03-07, 10:05 pm
You can't do anything about the stretch marks, just ask any woman who had a baby, so why worry about them. Your 16, the last thing i was thinking about at 16 was stretch mark....When you get old, like really old...the wrinkles and liver spots will hid the stretch marks and you will be wishing you could still see them....

-B

Brute Strength
05-03-07, 10:09 pm
your wrinkles will cover them up at 60. like brandona said

Maccabee
05-04-07, 1:14 am
I wish I had stretch marks on my calves

qbmurderer73
05-04-07, 2:07 am
If people dont like my large visible ones I stretch out the skin on my arms to reveal pretty much my whole bicep is covered in hundreds of little white ones, gets the same reaction every time haha.

Stay Strong

Suleiman
05-04-07, 3:54 pm
I wish I had stretch marks on my calves

yeah just wait i also have stretch marks on my calves they look nice son work hard and you'll see them...and youll love them

ChrisG
05-04-07, 3:59 pm
My stretch marks are not something I'm proud of purely because they aren't from lifting. I haven't got any stretch marks since I started lifting yet. I have stretch marks on my waist and around my knees from when I was younger.. went to visit my grandma for a few weeks and she spoiled me with sweets.. turned from a little skinny boy to a freakin FAT GIANT lol

H.U.G.E
05-06-07, 7:22 pm
vitamin e and shea butter....

eblnyc
05-06-07, 9:07 pm
iam a woman and i have stretch marks and they dont bother me!

Suleiman
05-08-07, 4:24 pm
i was wondering i got this stretch marks and my dad hates them cause he say am to young to have them but anyway is their a way to stop stretch marks from showing or appearing...?

Liftbig21
05-08-07, 9:30 pm
i was wondering i got this stretch marks and my dad hates them cause he say am to young to have them but anyway is their a way to stop stretch marks from showing or appearing...?

Don't worry about what people say,even though they are family.Family or not people are always gonna have something negative to say...Stretch marks are like paychecks,they are a reward for hardwork.Wear them as badges of honor.

workoutfreakk
05-08-07, 9:34 pm
correct me if i'm wrong, but aren't stretch marks tears in the dermis (second) layer of the skin? if so, creams and lotions won't truly help heal or prevent them. i think they're pretty much inevitible, even though they can be eyesores...badges of honor for busting your ass in the gym, yes, but still eyesores.

Narcissist
05-08-07, 9:58 pm
welcome to the brotherhood of Iron.

musclealchemist
05-08-07, 9:58 pm
correct me if i'm wrong, but aren't stretch marks tears in the dermis (second) layer of the skin? if so, creams and lotions won't truly help heal or prevent them. i think they're pretty much inevitible, even though they can be eyesores...badges of honor for busting your ass in the gym, yes, but still eyesores.

Indeed, wear them as tattoos, i got them all over because i was overweight.

YeaILift
05-08-07, 10:43 pm
If your growin you cant do anything about them.

Preston
05-08-07, 10:50 pm
Indeed, wear them as tattoos, i got them all over because i was overweight.

Amen bro, same here...same here.

-Preston[ANIMAL]

karmazon
05-08-07, 10:50 pm

Stop lifting weights.

brandonA
05-08-07, 11:38 pm
Stop lifting weights.

That's about it bro, you are growing faster then the skin will streatch...so you can stop lifting heavy and stop growing, start toning up...Other than that there is nothing that you can do.

-B

violator
05-09-07, 9:58 am
Try out some vitamin e oil. while it wont prevent them, or make them disappear, itl make em less of an eyesore.

peace

ghost
05-09-07, 10:48 am
Better yet, stop complaining about them...embrace them. they are your badge of Honor in this life. WELCOME. you have finally grown up. awww.

and you can read more about it here.
http://www.webmd.com/skin-problems-and-treatments/stretch-marks-overview

Aengus
05-10-07, 8:45 pm
Stop lifting weights.

hit the nail right on the head

darkside64
05-11-07, 1:10 pm
i used to be one of those guys that would be like stop being a pussy and embrace them. Today I have fat purple stretch marks all over my arms and shoulders. I'M TALKING AN INCH THICK. As a powerlifter I would say whatever; but if your a bodybuilder like me, it's not all about size. It' about being attractive as well. Most people will disagree with me on here, but I want to look like a masterpiece and not like a scarred up musclebound freakazoid. anyway you can prevent them in the future by putting coco butter and such on them to help the skin stretch more efficiently.

gnoll5
05-25-07, 3:29 pm
so...i remember reading this thread a while ago thinkin' 'holy shit, thats a lot of growth to get stretch marks'. well, last night i am checkin' things out and noticed i am getting them too!! on the insides of my thighs and on my back around the lats...sweet!!

Legacy
05-26-07, 12:19 am
Be proud of the stretch marks you get man, They show that you have grown and leaned up....Remember, were not in this to be some "pretty model cover boy" and worry about shit like that. Look in the mirror and be proud of the marks.

quiksilver
05-29-07, 4:26 pm
Aight, I mean, I agree with most of the people here. Stretch marks are a great sign of your hard work paying off. But why does this board feel the need to flame the crap out of someone for asking a good question. This board is here to help people interested in bodybuilding whether they are a beginner or pro.

I remember my first stretch marks appearing. I didn't know what to do, I thought I was tearing muscles. Even after I figured out what it was I thought it was ugly. I chose not to treat them and just deal with them like a "badge of honor" as so many have stated.

But this guy didn't say "OMG wtf stretch marks am I dying?" He just asked how to get rid of them. It's a perfectly legit question as some don't really like the look. My inner thigh looks like fireworks went off under my skin. I just ignore it and worry about how to make the other side match with more deep squats next week. But to each his own. We don't need to flame someone every time they ask a question you don't like. If you don't like the question, don't respond. If you can offer more than "don't be a pussy" then do respond and offer your experience.

ChrisG
05-29-07, 4:36 pm
Personally I'm interested in things that could help remove stretch marks. When I was younger I gained a lot of weight in a short amount of time and have stretch marks on my hips, quads, and around my knees... and it wasn't from getting any kind of muscle. I don't mind the ones on my legs but I hate the ones on my hips.

krazyassmexican
06-15-07, 7:13 pm
i've been gettin them since i've been loosing weight but like 2 months ago i started hittin my quads harder and damn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i'm gettin more deffinition on my left quad
and then
stretch marks

for the first time in my life i would say
i love those fuckers

afshin
06-15-07, 7:17 pm
Hard work payin off

Squat_Heavy
06-15-07, 7:17 pm
I've got some juicy ones on my inner thigh. inch wide and about 3 inches long:) Looks like a fucking scar or something.

krazyassmexican
06-15-07, 7:19 pm
hell motherfuckin yeah! baby!!!!!!!!!!!!
I've got some juicy ones on my inner thigh. inch wide and about 3 inches long:) Looks like a fucking scar or something.

afshin
06-15-07, 7:19 pm
Do they turn red when you squat

krazyassmexican
06-15-07, 7:23 pm
i never pay attention to them at that time i just squat haha
but seriously sometimes i look at them and i am like:

damn how beautiful they are!!!!!!!!!! haha

Do they turn red when you squat

Squat_Heavy
06-15-07, 7:23 pm
Dunno, never squatted naked before. But they are purple-ish :) + i got them on my lats, bi's and tri's :)

krazyassmexican
06-15-07, 7:25 pm
i do have tons on my biceps cuz like i said i've been gettin rid of a lot of bodyfat

but i have a bunch on my fridge! (the place where my six pack is hidden) hahaha

Dunno, never squatted naked before. But they are purple-ish :) + i got them on my lats, bi's and tri's :)

Squat_Heavy
06-15-07, 7:31 pm
i do have tons on my biceps cuz like i said i've been gettin rid of a lot of bodyfat

but i have a bunch on my fridge! (the place where my six pack is hidden) hahaha

Hahahaha! Nice.

bigrhino
06-15-07, 10:01 pm
i wish i had stretch marks on my upper body. i got them on the front of my quads and hamstrings. and not in the fat part.

saint of the gym
06-15-07, 10:10 pm
Ive gained about 40 lbs since I started lifting and I dont have them. I was about 130ish in High School. I lotion up in the morning, after my shower, and before bed. And dont say I'm not growing fast enough... haha Ive been lifting for only about a year +.

Also something that would help is dont gain alot of bodyfat doing a bulk... just remember the bodyfat you gain, you have to lose (if you plan on doing a show or the beach or something like that).

bovat
06-21-07, 6:13 pm

ahah....thats funny bro

Bruiser
06-21-07, 7:01 pm
stretch marks just show that you're growing as fast as you are hoping. If they bother you that much try tanning or look in the baby section of a department store for stretchmark cream. this stuff is made for us!!!

dominatetheiron
07-11-07, 9:25 am
Finally after about 6 months of hardcore training and 40 pounds gained while staying at 14% B.F. i got stretch marks. I love em how they get bigger. also i got em in the best spot in the LEGS! just wanted to share peace.

WillWest
07-11-07, 10:20 am
Do you sleep in a grow bag? Nice job mate.

Just read this and wondered in a BB comp how stretch marks are viewed in judging terms? anyone know.

krazyassmexican
07-11-07, 10:22 am
stretch marks rule i have some new ones in my quads i am in love with them

Riesjs
07-11-07, 10:24 am
It's funny......this is probably the only place in the world where people are striving for stretch marks!

dominatetheiron
07-11-07, 10:28 am
yeah i was starting to get really mad that i didnt have any, im a biochem major and found out it depends on if your body has a certain protein or something, i remember a guy on here had bleeding strech marks!

krazyassmexican
07-11-07, 10:29 am
i know must of the people hates them but we love them they are like brands for us (like the brands they put on cows haha) or they are like a prove of our battles
It's funny......this is probably the only place in the world where people are striving for stretch marks!

PowerBuilder
07-11-07, 11:59 am
i have them on my chest biceps lats back of tris nd legs... there really bad on my chest to bicep areaa.. i kinda dont like them anymore lol

YOUNG_BB
07-11-07, 6:09 pm
what part of the leg, the outside or the part where both legs touch?

i just wondered cus i got some too.

Space Cowboy
07-11-07, 6:22 pm
Ive been hittin Bi's/Tri's every 4 days hard, 1st split preacher curls, concentration curls, cable curls and 2nd split db curls, hammer curls, bb curls and 21's, alternating each split with supersets and oh boyo boyo boy is it paying off. Woke this morning, had a leak, went to mirror, put hands behind head to stretch and Waaaaa, big fat streaky pink stretch marks running from above armpit all along side of both biceps, had some lil ones under armpit before, but these fuckers shocked me, then i danced a lil jig of joy........in the toilet!

YEEEEEEEEEEEEE-HAAAAAAAAAA!!!!

EASI

dominate77
07-11-07, 6:33 pm
Ive been hittin Bi's/Tri's every 4 days hard, 1st split preacher curls, concentration curls, cable curls and 2nd split db curls, hammer curls, bb curls and 21's, alternating each split with supersets and oh boyo boyo boy is it paying off. Woke this morning, had a leak, went to mirror, put hands behind head to stretch and Waaaaa, big fat streaky pink stretch marks running from above armpit all along side of both biceps, had some lil ones under armpit before, but these fuckers shocked me, then i danced a lil jig of joy........in the toilet!

YEEEEEEEEEEEEE-HAAAAAAAAAA!!!!

EASI

OK! so you can get stretch marks under your arm pit area because i recently discovered what appears like a pinkish looking scar under there and i've never been cut there, my friend suggested it might be one...but its only under one..

jeff00z28
07-11-07, 7:01 pm
i have these big red line things on my shoulders i was thinkin maybe i was just bumping into things or something but come to think it they prolly are stretches

Space Cowboy
07-11-07, 7:04 pm
Yea thats a stretchy! Its quite normal for it to show on only one side at first, like its normal having one arm slightly bigger than the other. Jus keep hittin em up and they will even out. I had the same before the double hit i got this mornin, jus a pink scar to the side of one pit.

EASI

NumeroUno
07-11-07, 7:11 pm
I know we are all excited to see the stretch marks. They let us know that we are doing what we do well. From what I understand, if you compete, the judges will dock you for stretch marks.

Yeah they are cool, but they ain't pretty.

-Daniel

Space Cowboy
07-11-07, 7:24 pm
I know we are all excited to see the stretch marks. They let us know that we are doing what we do well. From what I understand, if you compete, the judges will dock you for stretch marks.

-Daniel

Yea, thats why i cocoa butter them every night. The old ones are gettin lighter and lighter.

EASI

Bam Bam
07-11-07, 11:52 pm

-Daniel

Hmm I have never heard that before. But with tanners they get really really light or disappear.

dominatetheiron
07-12-07, 9:26 am
my stretch marks are like inside of the legs where they touch and wrap towards the back of my leg at the hamstrings.

Serrated Path
09-22-07, 1:31 pm
Ok...how can I prevent any more damn stretch marks? Right now I have them between my arm pit and peck. Is this just a side affect of growing?

Giant Killer
09-22-07, 1:33 pm
It could not be said any better than this, from the animalpak.com training FAQs

Giant Killer
09-22-07, 1:35 pm
If you're still worried about it, check this thread:
http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=7095

And next time use the Search function first.

Maccabee
09-23-07, 12:11 am
Just got more on my lower bicep... My lower chest on the outerside is beginning to have stretch marks. HELL YEAH!!!

IronWilson
12-05-07, 9:33 pm
I don't know if this is in the right section.
You guys might know something about this. I have massive ass, deep stretch marks on my arms. I looked deformed. How do you guys get rid of stretch marks? My girlfriend recommended putting cocoa butter on the area. But what do you use?

Testpolska
12-05-07, 9:34 pm
Listen to your girl. Also a tan helps them fade.

Big Jimmer
12-05-07, 9:35 pm
that will help, but they wont go away. all you are going to hear from us is that they are war wounds and you should wear them proudly. we all do!

krazyassmexican
12-05-07, 9:37 pm
quit liftin
so you look cute and
stretch mark free!

IronWilson
12-05-07, 9:39 pm
quit liftin
so you look cute and
stretch mark free!

lol! why me? hahaha

IronWilson
12-05-07, 9:40 pm
Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but there's already been another thread on this:
http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=829&highlight=stretch+marks
Don't forget to use the search function before starting new threads.

I did, and I couldn't find one......sorry.

Roland
12-05-07, 9:44 pm
Be proud of showing them off. It means that you are growing so fast that your skin cant handle it. They are war wounds of the iron...sport them with a proud and big smile.

Brutus_515
12-05-07, 9:48 pm
or you can use bio-oil (get it at the pharmacy counter at any drugstore) it works alot better than coco butter.. take care of them too dont let them get dry if you have dry skin or they will spilt I had one on my arm rip and bleed all over the fucking gym towel when I was getting ready for work...they tend for you not to do that on their towels...but that bio oil shit works

Aengus
12-06-07, 7:06 pm
or you can use bio-oil (get it at the pharmacy counter at any drugstore) it works alot better than coco butter.. take care of them too dont let them get dry if you have dry skin or they will spilt I had one on my arm rip and bleed all over the fucking gym towel when I was getting ready for work...they tend for you not to do that on their towels...but that bio oil shit works

Ditto on that. I had one go on my inner thigh once...not a good thing on leg day. If they crack or bleed, they will only look worse and take longer to heal.

Brute
01-15-08, 2:44 pm
hey guys, i just started to notice a few small stretch marks just above my armpit and i'm wondering if you guys get stretch marks or what u do to get rid of/prevent them.

Looks like the same has happened to me...getting them on my legs too...I think I can thank the ABC guys for that though ;).

Dozer
01-15-08, 8:08 pm
When I first started lifting I got them up and down my arms, but they faded with time. Like many said before, cocoa butter helps, etc, but mine have always disappeared over a long period of time. Right now I've got them on my outer lats and quads, it varies throughout my workouts and over the years. I like getting stretch marks, but these stories of purple skin are...interesting. Tans may cover that up, but at some point people won't see the muscle under the purple...

Like I said, I like them, but don't really want to look like my skin has been dyed purple...

Rexor91
01-16-08, 4:52 pm
Be proud of showing them off. It means that you are growing so fast that your skin cant handle it. They are war wounds of the iron...sport them with a proud and big smile.

Please believe that.

Vendetta
01-17-08, 1:08 am
i liked them at first but then, the grew all down my legs, across my chest, down my arms including my forarms, my glutes, my lats, even my shoulders look like spider webs...so no...I am not so fond of then anymore, I have to many. But I agree they are bitter sweet

GRUNT
01-17-08, 3:48 am
Battle scars...

Brute
01-17-08, 8:45 am
Battle scars...

Nice, I like it.

krazyassmexican
01-17-08, 8:48 am
Battle scars...

Nice, I like it.

stretch marks are beautiful

smith06
04-04-08, 2:54 am
Damn!! Just looked in the mirror and got some serious stretch marks on my shoulder. Looks like a tiger clawed me and left scars. These dudes are sick.

Anybody else ever have them pop up over nite like this??

born0withno0soul
04-04-08, 3:01 am
i dont know about over night. but got to love those stretch marks. proof of progress

GRUNT
04-04-08, 3:02 am
Damn!! Just looked in the mirror and got some serious stretch marks on my shoulder. Looks like a tiger clawed me and left scars. These dudes are sick.

Anybody else ever have them pop up over nite like this??

never had them but i am guessing it depends on the elasticity of your skin that determines if and how bad u get them. Battle scars in my book....

sanga
04-04-08, 3:43 am
You are growing too fast, lol, learn to live with it or stop eating so much.

You can use Vit E cream with cocoa butter to help elasticity as well as Vit E capsules but at the end of the day it won`t stop it if you are gfrowing quicker than your skin can cope with.

Besides look at all top bodybuilders, covered in stretchies :)

simpleguy
04-04-08, 6:24 am
you kidding? I'd love to have stretch marks

wodka
04-04-08, 6:29 am
When my women was pregnant she used oil or cream with vitamin E to avoid strecth marks on her belly, worked well never had any stretch marks... And it keeps the skin soft and it feels like silk ;-)

Boz
04-04-08, 7:04 am
When my women was pregnant she used oil or cream with vitamin E to avoid strecth marks on her belly, worked well never had any stretch marks... And it keeps the skin soft and it feels like silk ;-)

That's what I'm looking for, soft silky skin. lol. Just kidding wodka. My wife did the same thing, but I'll take stretch marks.

Joseb
04-04-08, 8:03 am
heh.. no new stretch marks for me in a while
i used to be very fat so my skin is very stretchy [even loose! lol]
i'll just pretend my old ones are new :]

NumeroUno
04-04-08, 11:13 am
Everyone agrees on some level. But lets face it. It's like having a battle scar, right across your face vertically. Showing the fact that you were in the war and you survived. But besides the other warriors who know what the scar is from, no one wants to see it. It is not aesthetic and it is not pleasing. Take care of your stretch marks, but yes, let it be an indication that you are kicking ass and growing too fast for your own damn good.

p.s. I just inherited 2 big ass red ones in by my bicep and chest.

-NumeroUno

Enforcer
04-04-08, 11:45 am

Battle scars bro

smith06
04-04-08, 3:15 pm
you kidding? I'd love to have stretch marks

hah...I aint bitching...Ive had them in my armpits. But these on my shoulder just popped up real quick.

krazyassmexican
04-04-08, 3:18 pm
i got some insane stretchmarks on my quads

Diesel 1307
04-04-08, 3:30 pm
man, i have them everywhere. armpits, shoulders, chest, triceps, biceps, alot around the lat area, forearm, on my quads. thiss all happend from a big bulk that i did. from 180 - 250 in 6 months, that came with consequences but i love it!

waslate
04-04-08, 3:50 pm
Just noticed my first stretch marks a day ago. Got 'em on my quads. All of those squats helped out after all.

However, I learned in class that stretch marks come with genetics....some people get 'em, some people don't.

kyderz
04-04-08, 3:53 pm
I got 'em all over my quads.

From right where my hip meets my upper leg to about 1/3 of the way down my upper leg.

SQUATS and LPs.

fireman9
04-04-08, 4:05 pm
i love mine ...it shows that im growing ...i love it when i find new ones lol ...i also guage my workout by them too ...when they are all stretched out and smooth that means ive got a sick pump going on lol ...but seriously tanning helps but coco butter will help it there are really bad ...

I don't think there is a lot of research stating cocoa butter will help. Some even have allergic reactions to cocoa butter in the broken skin and it can make it far worse. There is nothing you can do unless you stop growing. If you are considering that this might be the wrong forum for you.

WeeMan
04-04-08, 6:25 pm
i have a few huuggeee stretch marks, worse than some of the bigger guys in my gym. i was told to get Bio-Oil, not got it yet but its ment to be good.

SDR
04-04-08, 7:51 pm
i have a few huuggeee stretch marks, worse than some of the bigger guys in my gym. i was told to get Bio-Oil, not got it yet but its ment to be good.

that stuff helps a lil, been through a few....use it pre w o !

MassMan
04-04-08, 8:01 pm
Battle scars bro

x2... If you're in for the long run, better develop a relationship with these motherfuckers... They show up everywhere, in places where you wouldn't expect... They're not only battle scars, but to me, they're also my Medals of Honor....

If you don't like them, tough luck.

WeeMan
04-05-08, 5:49 am
that stuff helps a lil, been through a few....use it pre w o !

cool

derelicte604
04-05-08, 3:25 pm
i have a giant one as well... on the opposite fleshy side of my elbow... its sick.

i heard rubbing vitamin e lotion helps prevent them.... i think. or cocunut cream

vegasfirerescue
04-10-08, 2:46 am
Cocoa butter can help, but time is the only thing that can lighten them up, took mine a year to really become less noticable. 4 months in Iraq and going from 125 to 160 pds really took a toll on my armpits. Good luck and wear them like a badge of honor.

BrotherInArms
04-11-08, 12:09 am
Girls dig scars, right? Why not stretch marks..?
I don't have any, but I almost wish I did -- the same way I wish I'd finally fucking puke on squat day.

Please? Just once.

Baezepal01
04-15-08, 5:27 pm
Fuck, i am gonna stop worrying about mine now and yeah they are scars for live because basically they turn to your skin color but they are there.

BubbyLight
05-21-08, 11:36 am
got my first ever stretch mark. noticed it at the gym when someone pointed it out to me. like holy shit you really are growin fast. i was so pumped to lift even harder. its just another motivation. just means i dont fit in my skin anymore. its right on my chest close to my armpit. im super stoked. do a lot of u get them?anyone answers and experiences

Brutus_515
05-21-08, 11:37 am
put some moisterizer on that thing!

Adrenaline Junkie
05-21-08, 11:41 am
lol i have em on my back from growing to tall.
my junior year i was 6'2 and when i started the next school year i was 6'4" and my skin didnt grow with my bones, therefore i got stretchmarks on my back!
exciting i know...

MightyMouse666
05-21-08, 11:44 am
I have them from my mid-chest to my shoulders, and on my arms as well. Good to see that you're proud of the stretch marks, as you should be. There are too many pretty boys who want to get rid of them.

InkdMuscle
05-21-08, 12:25 pm
I have some on the sameplace on my chest next to my arm pit then a couple of each bicep. Whooohooo let the growing commence. Each new stretch mark means new growth. but some of them are starting to fade. because i do a lot my cardio in the pool. so the sun is taking them away. just means i gotta work harder for more.

P-Ram
05-21-08, 12:25 pm
Those chest to shoulder stretch marks are fuckin rad.

BrotherInArms
05-21-08, 12:30 pm
Yeah, a buddy of mine's got a whole bunch of 'em by the armpit, too.

Badge of honor of sorts..

hardhit71
05-21-08, 1:51 pm
my biceps are completely covered in them. it's pretty awesome to actually notice progress

Cellerator65
05-21-08, 2:18 pm
inside my elbows (weird i know), all down my biceps, inside of the shoulder, chest, lats, in the arm pit, hips, inner thigh... love em and hate em... aint no thang tho

ForearmFreak
12-01-08, 9:56 am
Now i've heard both sides before about these and i recently joined the club...i've heard both that you get them from growing too fast..and you can get them from being big and then loosing weight...what's your guys take?

thsbiglifter
12-01-08, 10:17 am
Id, say both. From getting bigger the skin is stretched and if your big already and no marks shrinking can cause these marks to come out as they have nothing "filling" them in.

ForearmFreak
12-01-08, 11:29 am
cause i'm not sure what its from...there little ones and purple on the inside of my arms (like near my arpits) this new routine calls for more benching and i've been getting stronger but don't know what to think..the last thing i need now is to know i'm getting smaller

Cellerator65
12-01-08, 1:38 pm
its genetics as well

crazy_rahul
12-02-08, 1:58 am
i used to hate them always..
accepted the fact that i cant cure em.. i mean even if i do , they'll come back when i grow again..
i saw this pic of evan centopani some days back in this article..
http://www.animalpak.com/html/article_details.cfm?section=livin&ID=395
now i dont hate them anymore..i have the same kind..i'm a lil proud of them now..

Kinikuman
01-26-09, 5:37 am
my ex girlfriend said my stretch marks look like someone dug their nails in my skin and scraped me....lol

http://pic1.picturetrail.com/VOL1135/4357489/11878907/352610576.jpg

http://pic1.picturetrail.com/VOL1135/4357489/11878907/352610572.jpg

jnaz
01-26-09, 6:44 am
You can feel mine thru pants...

sanga
01-26-09, 6:54 am
Yes but not as prominent as yours, mine are more in the chest/delt tie ins and on lats, bis

Anyway stretch marks are a sign of manliness, lol

theharjmann
01-26-09, 7:14 am
my ex girlfriend said my stretch marks look like someone dug their nails in my skin and scraped me....lol

http://pic1.picturetrail.com/VOL1135/4357489/11878907/352610576.jpg

http://pic1.picturetrail.com/VOL1135/4357489/11878907/352610572.jpg

mate i would love for my stretch marks to look like that....mine are DISGUSTING!

moisturise moisturise moisturise moisturise moisturise moisturise moisturise moisturise !

sanga
01-26-09, 8:17 am
Cocoa Butter with Vit E cream.

theharjmann
01-26-09, 8:21 am
Cocoa Butter with Vit E cream.

Vit E oil is very good! Pricey as hell though! £12 (about 20USD) for a 2 week supply!

What i do now is moisturise as much as i can all over my body, especially after a shower to keep my skin supple so it doesnt stretch

If i have time, i also put cream on my chest/shoulders and biceps before i train them to keep the skin supple aswell, although i usually forget!

sanga
01-26-09, 8:23 am
I just train as heavy as possible and hope to get new stretch marks then if I do I do a little dance for joy, lol

I`m getting too old for this shit!

InkdMuscle
01-26-09, 10:14 am
I have them on my chest and bis. but to me stretch marks mean growth. but i do spend a lot of time at the beach in the summer so they do fade when that season comes.

theharjmann
01-26-09, 10:19 am
I do a little dance for joy

Sanga can u please video that next time you do that little dance for joy and post it up please! LOL

IronWilson
01-26-09, 11:11 am
I've got them all over my arms. They are the ugliest motherfucking things ever.

Isn't it funny how one of the reasons all of us started going to the gym was for chicks (whether you admit it or not.) but now we have shit like this that makes us unappealing to women and we don't mind?

sanga
01-26-09, 11:36 am
Sanga can u please video that next time you do that little dance for joy and post it up please! LOL

So you can post it all over U-Tube?, lol

MightyMouse666
01-26-09, 1:41 pm
mine are much, much worse. Who cares if they prevent you from looking like the guy on the cover of Men's Health magazine, do you want to be that guy anyway? Wear your stretchmarks as badges of honor. Fuck anyone who says otherwise. Just my opinion, and I'm not in the best mood today, sorry.

Brick By Brick
01-26-09, 2:05 pm
Mine are worse, on my lower abs. I had a baby two years ago. My stretch marks are badges of pregnancy honor, lol.

C.Coronato
01-26-09, 2:10 pm
Luckily. I never got any. Im not really sure why, maybe because my progress was very slow. But since 2004, freshman year in college, until now, i went from 140 to 200 lbs. I did a bodybuilding show and so i cut down and bulked back up. Luckily and thankfully i have none. Good Genetics i guess?

TylerC
01-26-09, 2:26 pm
I have stretch marks all over both biceps and triceps extending down my forearms, all under my arms and down my back and across my chest. Benefits of going from 140 lbs - 240 lbs I suppose.

Kinikuman
01-26-09, 5:16 pm
I work for GNC so I can get that vitamin E oil pretty cheap, i think i'll try that out. I find it weird though cause I get stretch marks, but it doesnt seem like im growing..?

prowrestler
01-26-09, 5:20 pm
IVE GOT HORRIBLE ONES ON MY THIGHS!

the rub each other when i walk and it sucks

my delt pec ones there seem to be fading finaly thank god but now new ones are growing.

vitamin e cream cured my arms real good

theharjmann
01-27-09, 7:04 am
So you can post it all over U-Tube?, lol

Youtube, facebook, bodybuilding.com, google....everywhere i can find really!

Chin
01-27-09, 11:00 am
Mine are worse, on my lower abs. I had a baby two years ago. My stretch marks are badges of pregnancy honor, lol.

Mmm, I'm pretty sure none of us can beat that...

IVE GOT HORRIBLE ONES ON MY THIGHS!

the rub each other when i walk and it sucks

my delt pec ones there seem to be fading finaly thank god but now new ones are growing.

vitamin e cream cured my arms real good

I know the feeling... my legs went from about 22" to 27" in a year... my stretch marks on my thighs are just brutal...

In any case my stretch marks are terrible I have them almost everywhere... Lats, thighs, chest... delts... only reason why they don't bother anyone is... I have a tan 24/7 - 365 days a year haha...

Chin

arsilva
01-27-09, 7:13 pm
I've had the good fortune to never have gotten stretch marks. Long live oily hispanic skin!

calcaneous
01-27-09, 8:05 pm
I've got them all over my arms. They are the ugliest motherfucking things ever.

Isn't it funny how one of the reasons all of us started going to the gym was for chicks (whether you admit it or not.) but now we have shit like this that makes us unappealing to women and we don't mind?

actually...never joined the gym for that reason. Sorry to burst your bubble. When im outside the gym and even inside the gym i wear large clothing. XL sweatshirts, jackets, shirts..whatever it takes to cover me up. I workout for myself, not for anyone else pleasure.

If a girl likes me cause im "jack" , "ripped" or whatever else word you can insert there, so be it. If they dont like me for that..so be it.

stumblin54
01-27-09, 8:14 pm
Who cares if they prevent you from looking like the guy on the cover of Men's Health magazine, do you want to be that guy anyway?

I'd be hardpressed to say that those models don't have them as well, they just get a little airbrushing action before you see them on those magazine covers.

Stumblin

Preston
01-27-09, 8:34 pm
Please - you want to see stretch marks LOL? You gotta see me buddy ...going from 315 to 155...it's like someones etched nasty trails all from my biceps to my forearms.

You don't even want to see my legs. LOL

Cstlfx
01-27-09, 10:34 pm
Pick up a copy of Muscular Development. Look at all those guys in each picture. Just covered with stretch marks. It just doesnt show up on stage due to pro tan and such.

Northman
01-27-09, 10:47 pm
You think you guys have stretch marks? My wife just gave birth. You can't beat the ones on her abdomen!

shizz702
01-27-09, 11:09 pm
Got 'em all around my arm pits, I look at them as a positive thing, it means growth!

mritter3
01-28-09, 12:34 pm
all i can say is shea butter will help reduce the look of the stretch marks, and help the skin maintain its elasticity.

ghost
01-28-09, 12:37 pm
You think you guys have stretch marks? My wife just gave birth. You can't beat the ones on her abdomen!

Stiff congrats brother!!

Northman
01-28-09, 5:28 pm
Stiff congrats brother!!

Thanks! I should have PMed you.

clarko
01-29-09, 2:05 pm
Time will be what gets rid of them, but java flawless/lather combo helped me. Although everyone would tell me I smell like maple syrup.

GUNJAK
01-30-09, 12:28 pm
Mine started out on my shoulder/pit area. I have em on my triceps and biceps going down to my elbow. Fuck it.

bigmike08
04-01-09, 2:04 am
Hey guys, since I have been lifting very seriously in the past 3-4 months (instead of just for sports and not trying to get bigger, just stronger and faster) I have been noticing some pretty good sized stretch marks around my arm pits. Any way that I can prevent this from happening? Doesn't help that I haven't seen too much sun yet this year, so you can see them pretty well on a white pastey body. But the more I lift the more they are progressing onto my bicep, that I would really like to not have. Hit me up if you guys have any idea. I know that stretch marks are gonna happen if you are lifting heavy weight, but these might be a little excessive.

P.s. if its just genetics, thats cool. And they aren't gonna stop me from being an animal.

Cheers,
Bigmike

AFTazz06
04-01-09, 2:20 am
Only ways of taking care of stretch marks are;
1)Cocoa and Shea Lotions, they help keep the skin moist and hydrated.
2) Laser surgery, expensive but its the only way to get rid of them on the spot.
3) There are some soaps that contain natural ingredients such as coffee, honey, etc and they help exfoliate (get rid of dead skin) when you shower.

I've tried the soaps and lotions, and i can honestly say that the lotions probably work best, they help keep your skin well hydrated. I usually put it on atleast twice a day after a shower. been using them for about 4 months, and there's some slight change in the stretch marks. Also keep in mind, that they're not gonna go away overnight unless u do the surgery.

omgi
04-01-09, 6:12 am
I have the same problem, and I also thought about doing something about it. I have gotten used to it now however.

Here's a little discussion about stretch marks in the "Training 101" section:
http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=7095

IcedAbz
04-01-09, 6:24 am
P.s. if its just genetics, that's cool. And they aren't gonna stop me from being an animal.

That was just... Beautiful.... I'm loving the spirit bro...

A few ways to PREVENT stretch marks since that if you already have em, your probably gonna be stuck with em but I'm sure every single serious lifter has some...

They are,
Stretch really thoroughly because stretch marks aren't because you've gone to big to fast, our skins can cope with that.. Its during training if you haven't stretched your muscles, chances are you won't have much elasticity fibers... Your muscles become so pumped, so full of blood that the skin doesn't have the time to cope with the demands (causing marks)..
So stretch really really well..

Another important thing that is really benefical is to wake up to some morning stretches, your muscles will feel alot better and so will you throughout your day, and come training time your muscles will be in top shape.. Just start from head to toe... Eg

Wake up wash your face then, do some neck rolls, some arm stretches, some back stretches to your hams quads calves... It works wonders.. Anyways brother my two cents.. Keep training.. Don't forget, those marks are there to show how much of an animal you are.. ;)

mritter3
04-01-09, 8:28 am
i use cocoa butter and shea butter lotions, it seems to minimize the appearance but nothing short of laser surgery will get rid of them.

bigmike08
04-01-09, 10:28 am
That was just... Beautiful.... I'm loving the spirit bro...

A few ways to PREVENT stretch marks since that if you already have em, your probably gonna be stuck with em but I'm sure every single serious lifter has some...

They are,
Stretch really thoroughly because stretch marks aren't because you've gone to big to fast, our skins can cope with that.. Its during training if you haven't stretched your muscles, chances are you won't have much elasticity fibers... Your muscles become so pumped, so full of blood that the skin doesn't have the time to cope with the demands (causing marks)..

Another important thing that is really benefical is to wake up to some morning stretches, your muscles will feel alot better and so will you throughout your day, and come training time your muscles will be in top shape.. Just start from head to toe... Eg

Wake up wash your face then, do some neck rolls, some arm stretches, some back stretches to your hams quads calves... It works wonders.. Anyways brother my two cents.. Keep training.. Don't forget, those marks are there to show how much of an animal you are.. ;)

Alright bro, those sound like some good ways for me to prevent these marks from happening any more. Although I do stretch very intensely before I train, 5 minutes of stretching in the morning def won't kill me.

-And as for the other, I will go grab some cocoa lotion today, hope that will reduce the marks within time.

Thanks again Animal Nation

omgi
04-01-09, 11:57 am
They are,

I always do this before and after my workout. Soft stretching pre to get flexible, and more thorough stretching post. It didn't help me though.

This however, I have never done.

cviewmike851
04-01-09, 1:13 pm
I always get a vitamin E liquid gel and pop it open with a pin and rub it into the mark. seems to work pretty good to at least make them not look so red

cstmgp
04-01-09, 4:29 pm
Has anyone considered trying that new tattoo removal stuff, Wrecking Balm?? Seems as though the exfoliation would help with stretch marks/scars.
Shaun

bigmike08
04-01-09, 4:49 pm
Has anyone considered trying that new tattoo removal stuff, Wrecking Balm?? Seems as though the exfoliation would help with stretch marks/scars.
Shaun

Shaun, that does sound like a good idea, but I just went out and picked up a thing of Cocoa butter lotion so Im hoping by the time Im done using this I can notice a bit of different. I read that it doesn't really get rid of them like I had hoped, but it will help prevent...so is solving the problem in the long run.

Cheers,
Mike

Joker-Roo
04-01-09, 4:52 pm
Hey guys, since I have been lifting very seriously in the past 3-4 months (instead of just for sports and not trying to get bigger, just stronger and faster) I have been noticing some pretty good sized stretch marks around my arm pits. Any way that I can prevent this from happening? Doesn't help that I haven't seen too much sun yet this year, so you can see them pretty well on a white pastey body. But the more I lift the more they are progressing onto my bicep, that I would really like to not have. Hit me up if you guys have any idea. I know that stretch marks are gonna happen if you are lifting heavy weight, but these might be a little excessive.

P.s. if its just genetics, thats cool. And they aren't gonna stop me from being an animal.

Cheers,
Bigmike

Leave em' Chicks dig scars

Andru

cstmgp
04-01-09, 7:41 pm
Shaun, that does sound like a good idea, but I just went out and picked up a thing of Cocoa butter lotion so Im hoping by the time Im done using this I can notice a bit of different. I read that it doesn't really get rid of them like I had hoped, but it will help prevent...so is solving the problem in the long run.

Cheers,
Mike

I don't think it has any real health risks if used appropriately, but I've only seen the comercials. I have no intentions of using it as I don't have a real problem with stretch marks yet. I was just wondering if anyone had any thoughts on the stuff.
Shaun

IronWilson
04-01-09, 7:50 pm
I've been using something with cocoa butter, vitamin E, and shea butter and it's working awesomely. That's all you can really do. SO yeah, that's the "stack" I've been running lately. I don't care what anybody says, stretch marks are freakin ugly and I'll never be proud of mine.