PDA

View Full Version : Animal Flex, The Underrated Supplement

Universal Rep
07-10-07, 5:02 pm
No glamor. No glitz. No hype. But like Animal Pak, Animal Flex is one of those great support supplements, one of the true workhorses in the Animal line.

BB.com's "Joint Supplement of Year" and the #42 best-selling product last month over at BB.com. Not too shabby. Just wanted to give some props to this hard-working, overachieving, but underrated product.

Lifters turn to it when they already have a problem. Like Pak, you can think of Flex as supplemental "insurance" to help prevent issues in the first place.

Reviews here:
http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=3029

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=60831881&posted=1#post60831881

http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=548

Freakshow
07-10-07, 5:03 pm
All the recognitions are well deserved. Good post Rep.

Space Cowboy
07-10-07, 5:07 pm
Its the Bodyguard i cant afford to buy...... and cant afford to do without.

Stretching the pound sterling next month to accomodate the universal 'guardian angel'...........

EASI

Wasteland
07-10-07, 5:09 pm
Animal Pak/Animal Flex. As basic as it gets. Every serious lifter who trains hard should consider this "foundational" combo.

Upstatebuilder07
07-10-07, 5:51 pm
Without animal flex I wouldn't be able to go real heavy for that last set of skulls, I wouldn't be able to throw another 45 on my belt and bust out dips. Finally, I wouldn't be able to do rest/pause of my last set of military presses due to shoulder joint pain. Simply put flex lets me train heavy year round period.

Shark
07-11-07, 12:39 am
I started taking flex and since have noticed that joint pain is non existant. I will not go a day without pak, and can't afford to go a day without flex.

BigBlueBear
07-11-07, 12:43 am
Pak and Flex are sittin on my counter right now. Ain't gonna do without either one. Plain and simple.

Nemesis
07-11-07, 2:30 am
Quick ignorant question, how many pill's in flex? Thanks in advance

BigBlueBear
07-11-07, 2:33 am
7 or 8 iirc. I never look... I just rip the package and down'un.

never_2_big
07-11-07, 2:49 am
Pak and Flex were my first animal supps, the no hype no bullshit ingredient list is why i turned to these two first.

Wasteland
07-11-07, 3:22 pm
Pak and Flex were my first animal supps, the no hype no bullshit ingredient list is why i turned to these two first.

Great way to acquaint yourself with the Animal family.

simpleguy
07-17-07, 2:47 pm
just got mine today... looking forward to see how it works

Beowulf
07-17-07, 2:56 pm
Recently added Flex to my list of regular supplements, along with the Pak. Don't have a problem yet, and I'm hoping to keep it that way.

BigAnt
07-17-07, 3:59 pm
No glamor. No glitz. No hype. But like Animal Pak, Animal Flex is one of those great support supplements, one of the true workhorses in the Animal line.

BB.com's "Joint Supplement of Year" and the #42 best-selling product last month over at BB.com. Not too shabby. Just wanted to give some props to this hard-working, overachieving, but underrated product.

Lifters turn to it when they already have a problem. Like Pak, you can think of Flex as supplemental "insurance" to help prevent issues in the first place.

Reviews here:

http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=548---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Along with my heat and ice treatments, this is my answer to "Faster Healing"

No Lie, my mom (78 YEARS OLD) takes it for her knees, feels 100% better!
Took her about 2 weeks to see a huge difference

B.C.
07-26-07, 12:02 am
Love Flex...that reminds me, I need another can.

Medford
07-26-07, 1:58 pm
when you get older, joint pain becomes important to relieve. ya get less cartilige sometimes too

you sound like rice crispies

snap crackle and pop

maddawg
08-04-07, 12:15 am
there has been a few mags i read in the last month with flex in the hot new product pages.

Bulldozin727
08-06-07, 5:25 pm
I have been using Flex for quite some time now. It is a staple for me. My gym tried to order me more from Europa Sport and they were completely out. I was pissed but then smiled because the secret must be out. Thanks rep and universal for making quality products and for everything else that you do!

Be Easy Brothers, Peace-Nick

Toni69
08-06-07, 5:26 pm
I have been taking flex regularly for the past week and already feel the difference...definitely a good thing!

Jimmy
08-08-07, 1:45 am
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Along with my heat and ice treatments, this is my answer to "Faster Healing"

No Lie, my mom (78 YEARS OLD) takes it for her knees, feels 100% better!
Took her about 2 weeks to see a huge difference

my mom takes it too, no joke. now she helps pay for it, its a sweet deal. it works wonders, dont ever stop making it!!!!

Macrobolic
08-09-07, 1:28 am

Reviews here:

Nice, I may have to give this stuff a try when I go back to bulking and lifting heavy.

Thrawn
08-12-07, 5:25 am
In my shop they did not have it yet, so i told them all about what i heard here and from the very helpfull ppl at Universal Nitrition in the Netherlands. They ordered it right away and i should be able to give it a try somewhere next week. Can't wait, cause i have some wrist pain that prevents me to do some exercises. I can work around it, so it's not a very big deal, but i want that pain gone so i can vary my workouts as much as i want.
I will let you all know when it arrives and how it works for me.

Blood, sweat and iron!

Thrawn
08-25-07, 4:55 am
Been on Flex for a week now. Have had some wrist problems for weeks. In itself not really new, as it is an old injury that seems to real its stinkin' head over the years, but this time it came back bad. Normally it takes me weeeeeks to recover. On Flex i am already improving after a week. Last week it was so bad i could not even do a lateral raise with 4 kg. Honestly. I just had to drop the weight. Yesterday i was able to perform lateral raises in good form again with weights also increasing to normal. Same for upright row. Both those exercises have been giving me the most problems.
I honor the Animal crew with a truckload of medals and a statue for delivering this package to the Iron Brothers!!

Dungeon
08-31-07, 6:15 pm
flex is the best it made me lose the soreness in my elbows when i do ext.s

MassMonster
09-08-07, 8:10 pm
that stuff took the wear right off my knees... i mean i had it so bad that squats were a no no... lol

LegendKillerJosh
09-19-07, 10:55 am
Bullshit this product is underrated - everyone I know who has tried it loves it. Me personally - my bench is up big since my shoulders and elbows don't hurt anymore, and this along with uniliver are my favorite universal supps.

Wasteland
09-19-07, 11:06 am
Bullshit this product is underrated - everyone I know who has tried it loves it. Me personally - my bench is up big since my shoulders and elbows don't hurt anymore, and this along with uniliver are my favorite universal supps.

It's like the Pak. People who've never tried Flex, don't know what they're missing.

Ragnar13
10-04-07, 11:14 pm
Animal Flex is a true STAPLE in anyone's arsenal. Basics man, that is what it is all about. Basics. The pak, protein, carbs, and shit to protect the joints that take one hell of a beating...that is what Animal Flex is for!

Don't leave home without it.

bobbymart
10-14-07, 9:52 am
Ha I have so may pills to take in the morning pak + flex also fish oil and primrose oil......... but yes flex pak and uniliver the must hav's!!

loiacanoa
10-14-07, 10:14 am
since ive been taking FLEX my right delt doesn't bother me as much. great product.

depratercm
11-03-07, 6:52 am
I've been using Animal Flex for about a week now, I'm starting to see and feel a difference in my lift, the pain in my knees, shoulders and back are not as bad. I will be ordering more of this stuff in the future.

http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n108/chrisdeprater/AnimalPanoChriss.jpg

OSUrookie
11-05-07, 1:24 pm
at the ripe age of 19(almost 20), i was wondering if flex would help a person of my age w/ joint strength, so it would help my joints in the long run when i get older? i know its new and long term studies have not been done, but are there records of the ingredients helping in the future?

shortstack
11-16-07, 9:36 am
I spent 6 years of my life studying matrial arts before switching to lifting and have had every kind of joint injury imaginable. I studied traditional TKD, Hapkido, and a little judo. I've been twisted, kicked, and pulled in every directin possible and have only found relief with Flex.
I used to not be able to do any kind of legs or running because of the knee pain but now I'm pounding my legs and my joints have never felt better. I'll be hooked on FLex like crack for the rest of my life, I love it.

MassMonster
11-20-07, 8:34 am
here is something i wanna know about flex... if the person has loose kneecaps will flex help that somewhat? cuz her knees i guess arent all that secure and they pop out... so will tighten that together?

loiacanoa
11-20-07, 9:53 am
gotta protect those joints!

Kruper
11-30-07, 1:48 pm
I've been taking both Flex and Pak for about a year now and don't plan on stopping. Great products.

intoodeep25
12-08-07, 6:13 pm
at the ripe age of 19(almost 20), i was wondering if flex would help a person of my age w/ joint strength, so it would help my joints in the long run when i get older? i know its new and long term studies have not been done, but are there records of the ingredients helping in the future?

ya i had the same question...can anyone answer this for us??

born0withno0soul
12-10-07, 12:33 am
i must agree this is a very under rated supplement. but what can you expect? it does not guarantee steroid like gains so it does not attract the general population. but thats ok. more for me

Macrobolic
12-10-07, 1:57 am
here is something i wanna know about flex... if the person has loose kneecaps will flex help that somewhat? cuz her knees i guess arent all that secure and they pop out... so will tighten that together?

Here's what I think...

Flex is made to strengthen the joint's ligaments and tendons. If her kneecaps are loose because of worn ligaments/tendons, it may help (depending on the severity of damage). If they are loose because it's just how her ligaments and tendons are, I don't think that it'll help much.

But hey, it's worth a shot. Much cheaper than surgery and/or physical therapy.

sgtmason
01-28-08, 6:17 pm
i can't remember when i started taking flex. i think i may be on my 4th or 5th can, but it is definitely a staple in my supplement regimen. i take one pak nightly. don't think i could train without it.

Boz
01-31-08, 8:06 pm
So check it out. Went out to dinner with a buddy I hadn't seen in about three years. On the way back I saw the local supplement shop and said hey lets run in there real quick. I needed to pick up some more Shock Therapy(this stuff is the shit too). He said cool, he needed to get some glucosamine or something cause his knees had been bothering him. I was like man you need some Animal Flex for that shit. I started it about 6 months ago and my knees are straight. Needless to say he bought two cans. Love this shit.....

Macrobolic
01-31-08, 8:36 pm
Animal Flex is truly the underrated supplement in the Animal line.

I have had slight pain in my right elbow when I do skullcrushers since I can remember. It's always made me choose another exercise, or go pretty light.

Well, now that I've started Animal Flex, I've only had one flare up in 5 weeks of doing heavy skullcrushers. It's great!

sanga
02-04-08, 8:05 am
I have just recieved my Animal pak and Flex, let you know how I get on with them, souns encouraging, I get shoulder, elbow and some knee pain.

Enforcer
02-04-08, 2:58 pm
Animal Flex does wonders for the joints. I train hard and heavy and my joints can take a beating, however with taking Flex i fell great everyday and am always ready to smash the weights

Wasteland
02-04-08, 3:04 pm
I have just recieved my Animal pak and Flex, let you know how I get on with them, souns encouraging, I get shoulder, elbow and some knee pain.

Really, Flex is one of those supplements I always use that I wouldn't go without.

N. Motta
02-18-08, 8:45 pm

Reviews here:

SPOT ON MAN! recovering from surgery on the labrum, rotator cuff and shoulder ligaments, i KNOW that my steady supplementing of FLEX has benefited me past my efforts in physical therapy post surgery. and i avoid anything that bothers my fixed shoulder. i am very mobile and much more confident performing lifts i was scared of to begin with (prior to using FLEX). always keeping an extra can in my cupboard.

cfwvu20
02-20-08, 12:35 pm
after reading the label i read it contains shellfish... any one wnna shed some light on if its a negligable amounts... i have an allergy to shellfish but have taken others with neglegable amounts no prob.... i was lookin at adding flex for my elbow joints need help... not to steal the thread... been on animal pak for about 2 years come may...

Coach Fowler
02-28-08, 1:32 pm
Bottom line: the stuff works

At my age, there is pain each time you lift. The big deal is overcoming the pain to continue...you gotta have the balls!
I injured my elbow doing concentration curls in October. It hurt so bad, I had to give up lateral raises & any supinated hand exercises. I couldn't even shake hands like a man.
I was finally able to get some Animal Flex for Christmas (from me, to me). Here it is, the end of February & I am back to doing all of the loving exercises that I missed. Now, I'm not up to the "normal" weight, but I am headed in the right direction.
I do highly suggest this product. Now, I am suggesting it to my football players who have some joint injuries. Yes, it is that good!

widdlewade44
02-28-08, 1:35 pm
Bottom line: the stuff works

At my age, there is pain each time you lift. The big deal is overcoming the pain to continue...you gotta have the balls!
I injured my elbow doing concentration curls in October. It hurt so bad, I had to give up lateral raises & any supinated hand exercises. I couldn't even shake hands like a man.
I was finally able to get some Animal Flex for Christmas (from me, to me). Here it is, the end of February & I am back to doing all of the loving exercises that I missed. Now, I'm not up to the "normal" weight, but I am headed in the right direction.
I do highly suggest this product. Now, I am suggesting it to my football players who have some joint injuries. Yes, it is that good!

That's great news Coach! Glad to hear you're getting back to where you want to be.

Kevin
widdlewade44

Mr.Totality
02-28-08, 1:37 pm
I agree it is underrated, I am going to assume that Omega will fall in the same lines, very effective but underrated

MassMan
03-11-08, 7:10 pm
I think that Flex is a must for contact sport athletes. this is a great supplement to spend money on along with the pak because they keep you and your joints nice and happy. Seriously though, if I didn't have Flex, my knees and ankles would have been pulverized to dust. The football field is like cement or something in the summer. A great buy for all lifters young and old.

newbreed
03-25-08, 1:18 pm
Animal Flex is something every lifter should use.

BeyondBerserk
03-25-08, 11:05 pm
ANIMAL FLEX IS MY FOUNDATION, with out it my bones would be dust, if you have joint problems flex is a must have, it contains all the joint supplements you need at the right dosing to get your bones in motion in no time.

sanga
03-26-08, 4:43 am
I can`t recommend the pak and flex enough, I`m training heavier than I have in a long time and no pain hardly at all, excellent products.

Thrawn
03-26-08, 6:14 am
Because Universal supps have to come from far here, it has happened that supplies run out and i have been without Flex for few weeks in the beginning of the year. In THAT period i really learned what Flex does for me. In those weeks i could feel the beating joints were taking again.

Whiteseraph86
04-05-08, 6:57 am
I had chronic knee problems my entire life. Just walking was a painful endeavor, as I couldn't do it for more than an hour without being forced to sit down and rest. My left hammy would pop, grind, and swell with every agonizing step, and I couldn't take it. I felt downright handicapped. Well I shit you not, the Flex absolutely cured it. After all those years of doctor visits, ice treatments, poppin advil like m&m's and still NOTHING, I finally found something that works. You people at Universal have seriously made my life infinitely less difficult and I thank you. Will never go without again. Keep kicking ass!

MassMan
04-05-08, 12:08 pm
I had chronic knee problems my entire life. Just walking was a painful endeavor, as I couldn't do it for more than an hour without being forced to sit down and rest. My left hammy would pop, grind, and swell with every agonizing step, and I couldn't take it. I felt downright handicapped. Well I shit you not, the Flex absolutely cured it. After all those years of doctor visits, ice treatments, poppin advil like m&m's and still NOTHING, I finally found something that works. You people at Universal have seriously made my life infinitely less difficult and I thank you. Will never go without again. Keep kicking ass!

x2... my Gramdma takes Flex and Pak every single day.

Lift4Life
04-15-08, 8:40 am
I just purchased my first can of Animal Flex online last night and cannot wait for it to arrive. I have NEVER read a bad review by anyone on this product. I personally know people who have used and benefited from AF. My left shoulder has caused me enough pain and discomfort and I have made changes to my lifting to try and correct what I believe is an imbalance but I still have the pain, especially on benching and any sort of shoulder press.

BigTimCoats
04-17-08, 10:15 pm
i was wondering if animal flex would be right for me since i got tenanitis in my elbows.. if it would help clear that up... i know im too young to tak universal supplements because of the rules but would it help clear up tendonitis??

MassMan
04-17-08, 10:33 pm
i was wondering if animal flex would be right for me since i got tenanitis in my elbows.. if it would help clear that up... i know im too young to tak universal supplements because of the rules but would it help clear up tendonitis??

Animal Flex should definetely help your tendonitios. I've been using Flex since I was 13/14 ish and it wonks awesome. Really helps reduce joint pain from heavy lifting.

SQUAT or DIE!
04-17-08, 11:03 pm
i was unaware flex had been out for several years... hmm i def need it.

Lift4Life
04-21-08, 1:00 pm
After only four days of being on Animal Flex, it significantly reduced my shoulder soreness on my push day. Today (the day after my push day) I usually experience some pain and discomfort in my left shoulder but today I have not.

I will continue to use Animal Flex as a staple in my supplemental and nutritional needs.

shizz702
06-04-08, 7:16 pm
I just ordered a 44 pk of it along with an extra 44 pk of animal pak. I always make sure I have a extra can of the good ol pak!

shizz702
06-10-08, 10:42 pm
Update, been taking it for a few days now and feel great from it! It's now a staple in my supplement regime.

Appollonian
06-11-08, 4:04 pm
Such a solid product, without it, I wouldn't be able to lift at all. I aggravated an old knee injury that I got a few years by running on a really hard surface last week and doubled up on the Flex for three days and went in and did squats no issue.

Any other time, one pak of Flex a day and I feel like I could do anything without fear of joint pain.

IkeFootball90
06-21-08, 11:15 am
This stuff is great, just about to take my 4th serving and i can feel a huge difference in all my joints, esp in my right wrist, its been messed up for a while from power cleans and i feel nuthing now, my left knee gets pretty sore after a while working out that i hurt from football and i can now bend it soooooo much better and is sore free free when i squat or deadlift....im 17, so this stuff works flawlessly for ANYONE, thanks universal!

saiyuki911
07-07-08, 10:29 am
after a year of serious lifting, I managed to injure my lower spine, [lumbar] It always hurts once in a while if I push too hard in the gym, but when I do exercises with no back strain im good....

Will this help? or is my case too fucked up?

Coach Fowler
07-10-08, 4:05 pm
after a year of serious lifting, I managed to injure my lower spine, [lumbar] It always hurts once in a while if I push too hard in the gym, but when I do exercises with no back strain im good....

Will this help? or is my case too fucked up?

It seems that your strain only hurts you every once in a while. That's the good news. For me personally, I have elbow & knee problems from the old powerlifting days. I have found that flex really does help me.

I also changed my routine around so that I can concentrate on developing these joints. I use wraps for the heaviest of lifts, but lift raw for lighter, more rep lifts. Haven't had a problem for several months now.

Mattman33
07-19-08, 5:27 am
it is now a foundational pak for me. 4 days is all it took to make me a believer. i should not be able to move today after yesterday. i did a hard back workout followed by an afternoon ripping out a carpet in my son's room. Something like that usually has me on advil and in bed the next day. i am up ready for a workout. Flex is amazing!

davidr
07-21-08, 2:08 pm
I am about to buy flex since ive been having some joint pain in my hip area, nothing major but i feel it when i squat. Does it work better if you take it on either an empty stomach or with a meal, or does it really no matter? And is it ok if i take it at night time with my 'before bed' meal.

Edsfrow
07-31-08, 6:34 pm
I just recently got back into the gym, and I've been kicking my ass to grow and get stronger. I immediately started to feel pain in my forearm when doing curls or any other bicep routine. I've been told it's tendonitis. I tried to push through the pain, but at times I could barely get through a couple reps without having to put down the bar. When I would put down the bar, the pain would be just as bad when I ungripped the bar. Sometimes I had to use my other hand to pry my hand off the bar. I took about a 2 weeks off of Bicep work out and started using FLEX daily. I decided to try my bicep routine last night, and there was still pain, but maybe 50% of what it was 2 weeks ago! I was able to finish my routine, get a good pump, and walk out of the gym feeling accomplished and completely confident that FLEX made the difference.
Thank you for a great product.

Elite
07-31-08, 6:59 pm
Can now get Flex at a reasonable enough price ($40), to staple it down for good. My knees have been snap crackle and poppin as i sit down lately, so its out with the generic glucosamine, which simply doesnt cut the mustard like brother Flex. Its now the 1st product in the shopping cart and taken with last meal before bed.

eneyman
08-07-08, 7:15 pm
I've noticed that as I am getting older, my joints and bones are starting to crackle and pop a bit more then just a few years ago and I have been looking for a good pak or supplement for support. I will definitely look into flex for my next online order but wanted to ask if a joint formula like Flex is meant to be taken alongside my standard multi packs and other supps like fish oil all at once or separately in the day?

thx

BigDaddy21
08-07-08, 8:41 pm
Can now get Flex at a reasonable enough price ($40), to staple it down for good. My knees have been snap crackle and poppin as i sit down lately, so its out with the generic glucosamine, which simply doesnt cut the mustard like brother Flex. Its now the 1st product in the shopping cart and taken with last meal before bed.

hey bro, i got it for 30 bills at a local noname supp shop, has everythinggg for cheap. do a google search or sunday drive one day around your towns. i picked it up after knee surgery and my shoulder sounds like a drum set!!!!!

ralf_snake
08-08-08, 7:22 pm
You all know the story of the criple man Jesus made able to walk again?......Well ill give you a hint, Jusus's healing powers had nothing to do with it.

lol

Greek Elite
08-21-08, 12:27 am
You all know the story of the criple man Jesus made able to walk again?......Well ill give you a hint, Jusus's healing powers had nothing to do with it.

lol

haha funny shit..

ok i got a question, i actually posted this in the FAQ but figured would here too.. here it is:

I just picked up my first cans of flex cuz my shoulders have been killin me with my new routine. I like the idea of takin Flex before bed, but starting in a couple weeks I will be testing a product for another company (Muscle ###### ###### #####.. its a nighttime recovery/growth supp: . I basically just want to see if there's anything in these 2 supps that will interact, or if I should just play it safe and take Flex earlier in the day (pre pre workout), or with/just after my pwo shake, or with my last meal (1-2 hrs before i would take the BP). Any input would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks brothers!!

mritter3
08-21-08, 7:59 am
probally the only animal product i have never used but have been thinking of trying a can of it since i am lifting a bit heavier now, need to protect my joints.

BiG in NYC 823
08-21-08, 8:23 am
probally the only animal product i have never used but have been thinking of trying a can of it since i am lifting a bit heavier now, need to protect my joints.

Should DEF be a "staple"...hopefully you pick up a can and realize the benefits that come along with it..

Mattman33
08-23-08, 2:20 pm
i now have my aunt on this as her joints were really bothering her from arthritis. she absolutley loves it but has found that her sugar level is rising slightly. she had tried gluscosamine before and noticed the same thing. is there anywya of identifying what pill has the glucosamine in it so that it can be removed if the sugar level continues to rise?

thanks for your help in advance!

ralf_snake
09-03-08, 5:53 pm
haha funny shit..

ok i got a question, i actually posted this in the FAQ but figured would here too.. here it is:

I just picked up my first cans of flex cuz my shoulders have been killin me with my new routine. I like the idea of takin Flex before bed, but starting in a couple weeks I will be testing a product for another company (Muscle ###### ###### #####.. its a nighttime recovery/growth supp: . I basically just want to see if there's anything in these 2 supps that will interact, or if I should just play it safe and take Flex earlier in the day (pre pre workout), or with/just after my pwo shake, or with my last meal (1-2 hrs before i would take the BP). Any input would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks brothers!!

Well not to be a slave to Animal but, all the Animal sups were made to work with the same type of other sups, if you ask me. Its like a car: a Volkswagon runs best on the parts of its own manufacterer, no?

Elite
09-03-08, 6:37 pm
haha funny shit..

For questions regarding comparisons of Universal products and other brands, please stick to pm's, particularly to U-REP/ANIMAL-REP. Also, promotion of other brands is off limits here, so i edited out the name and link to the product.

Greek Elite
09-03-08, 8:48 pm
For questions regarding comparisons of Universal products and other brands, please stick to pm's, particularly to U-REP/ANIMAL-REP. Also, promotion of other brands is off limits here, so i edited out the name and link to the product.

oo ok thanks i didnt mean for it to sound like i was comparing cuz im actually going to use both, i just wanted to see if the reps thought if i should put a certain amount of time in between flex and the other product.. ill shoot em a pm tho

anyways, a week in on flex nothing noticeable yet but im hopin the shoulder joint soreness/popping decreases soon.. i do feel a little better tho but not sure if thats the flex or pak since i started both at the same time

Elite
09-03-08, 11:58 pm
Thing with injuries/underlying conditions is you cant expect a supplement to make it all better. If its a problem due to rigidity and joint/cartilage issues, then Flex could well ease up the problem and over time go a long way to rectifying it. But if its more like damage to muscle/tendons/ligaments, then you may need to see a specialist. Flex is very subtle, but after a can, if you have minor issues, you will notice a continual improvement in fluidity/range of motion and yes, FLEXability. Joints that clicked and/or felt rigid will feel great benefits the more you use it. But after the first can, you should realise if its minor issues with your shoulders, or rotator cuff damage etc that needs looking into.

ralf_snake
09-29-08, 11:16 am
Little question, yesterday i came back from Turkey, for my work. i didnt work out, and just used Pak, Omega, Nitro, EAA Stack, Uni-liver. Just to stay healthy you know...

I didnt use my flex, since i didnt workout, but into 3 days with out flex, my back, knees, and shoulder started to feel really rusty, and when i used those parts for longer than a minute, it felt really bad. Now im back on flex and im fine.

Is this normal? Because if flex discontiniues, im pretty much criple.

LoneWarrior
10-18-08, 1:03 pm
wassup guys im pretty new to the furum and dont know how to really use it yet but i have a question about animal flex. I have bad ac joints geneticaly and i saw a orthopeic already and did therapy i asked about taking a supp for it and they said it wouldnt really do anything. I was wondering if that is true or not and if animal flex could help. My acs grind and feel wierd when i do certain excercises.

In2Deep08
10-22-08, 8:46 pm
I love flex ...I feel great ,I take it with pak and stak ,and its working wonders.

machineman
10-22-08, 9:29 pm
Flex is the greatest thing I have found to date.....I have had 2 surgeries on my right knee....pretty much if anything else gets damaged in it, it will be a replacement for me! I have not quite finished my first can of flex yet, but I can tell you with 100% confidence that this is the best joint supp I have ever tried. And I have tried a few.....When I first started out on this journey, I was not sure my knees would 1) be able to handle ATG squats and 2) handle squatting 3 times a week....well let me tell you that not only can I do ATG squats but I had no issues with squatting 3 times a week either!!!! Flex is one thing that I will buy for the rest of my life.....no matter what.

shortstack
02-04-09, 2:21 pm
I will, from time to time, take my self off of certian products to see if they are working and to kind of clear the cylinders or try a subsitte Universal Product. The latest victim was Flex, which I replaced with a different Universal joint supplement.

I have since decided that I can never again go off of Flex. My joints have been creaking and popping and not as smooth as when I was on the Flex. And just so you don't think I'm just stroking the Animal Corporate ego, I have been on flex for about a year or more non stop. It has been about 3-4 weeks since I quit taking it. Those have been the only variables that changed in the last year.

This is a great product that really makes a difference in my lifting and just regular walking around life.

Shortstack

V
02-08-09, 10:37 am
http://www.physorg.com/news153241355.html

A new substance for the next Flex? Hah!

Johny R.
06-07-09, 10:17 am
just ordered 2 cans of flex :)

MartinezMMA
06-07-09, 10:25 am
Flex works great! I am not getting any younger and between my lifting and my Jiu-Jitsu my joints take a beating! Flex is really helping to keep my joints strong!

MartinezMMA

Universal Rep
06-10-09, 12:06 pm
Very nice review: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=341808331#post341808331

B.Martin
08-02-09, 1:59 am
I am leaning towards getting this because pak has worked wonders for me and this should work well seeing that i blew my knee last year. But I want to know what is in it that helps so much can anyone give me the anwser to this

Alk
08-02-09, 2:34 am
I am leaning towards getting this because pak has worked wonders for me and this should work well seeing that i blew my knee last year. But I want to know what is in it that helps so much can anyone give me the anwser to this

http://www.animalpak.com/html/sections.cfm?id=60

Flex is prob underrated because so many lifters see themselves as invincible, well-oiled machines, not injury-prone and/or in need of joint protection. Everyone trains themselves to see themselves as larger then life, so most of us overlook that kind of stuff until something bad happens to warrant its use or a buddy recommends it for whatever reason.

Just my opinion, I'd love to buy a can, but college is coming up and all my parents are talking about nowadays are the bills it seems lol

twoheadedboy
08-03-09, 8:11 am
I've been very happy with Flex + Omega. My question is, do I lose out in any way by taking them at the same time? Normally I take Omega, Flex, multi (not Pak sorry), and low-dose aspirin right after breakfast one after the other. I don't want to lose the effects but I don't see any harm by taking these particular supps all at once. Anyone?

GRAVESY
08-29-09, 5:42 pm
Flex is my joint support of choice. All the others never did anything. One can of Flex has made all the difference. Time to re-up.

fenix237
08-31-09, 1:24 pm
i originally posted this in another thread, but since i'm so blown away with Flex- it's worth posting in this sticky:

"well i'd like to give a big thumbs up for Flex! this shit is killer! no joke- i've been hurting in my right front delt during heavy barbell presses for awhile- i believe it resulted from using a BB'er grip while going very heavy (for me) in the lower/mid 4's. i tried to warm up more thoroughly, train bench less frequently, closer grip/elbows in....none of this made the pain go away

i finally ordered some Flex along with the Pak, SportPharma's Just Whey, and Nitro- a week later, the pain is completely gone!!! i'm not bullshitting- man i'm happier than a pig in shit! from now on, this is a staple in my inventory

i highly recommend anyone to include Flex in their diet, whether for preventative maintenance or if there are nagging injuries- it's smart business

peace all-brp"

GRAVESY
09-09-09, 12:05 am
I just got a can of Flex in the mail, my old can does not list maltodextrin, the new one does. What is the deal? the reason i was using it in the first place was that it had no maltodextrin in it. Now all of a sudden, boom, there it is. What the fuck!?

Universal Rep
09-16-09, 11:34 am
i originally posted this in another thread, but since i'm so blown away with Flex- it's worth posting in this sticky:

"well i'd like to give a big thumbs up for Flex! this shit is killer! no joke- i've been hurting in my right front delt during heavy barbell presses for awhile- i believe it resulted from using a BB'er grip while going very heavy (for me) in the lower/mid 4's. i tried to warm up more thoroughly, train bench less frequently, closer grip/elbows in....none of this made the pain go away

i finally ordered some Flex along with the Pak, SportPharma's Just Whey, and Nitro- a week later, the pain is completely gone!!! i'm not bullshitting- man i'm happier than a pig in shit! from now on, this is a staple in my inventory

i highly recommend anyone to include Flex in their diet, whether for preventative maintenance or if there are nagging injuries- it's smart business

peace all-brp"

Sweet.

Universal Rep
09-16-09, 11:38 am
I just got a can of Flex in the mail, my old can does not list maltodextrin, the new one does. What is the deal? the reason i was using it in the first place was that it had no maltodextrin in it. Now all of a sudden, boom, there it is. What the fuck!?

Lemme check my can...

Mr. Aestheticz
09-17-09, 1:42 pm
Couple Weeks Back As Guy Asked Me If I Was Sponsored With Universal/animal Being All I Wear To The Gym Is My Gear Plus I Have A Animal Bag >)

Anyways He Said He Uses Animal Flex And Says Its The Only Stuff He Uses, He Has Had Two Knee Surgeries And 1 Shoulder Surgery And He Said It The Only Joint Supplement He Will Use!

i Agree With Him!

..easy!!!

build4life
09-19-09, 3:19 pm
what is it that it does for you? is it just for joint pain?

SDR
09-21-09, 10:23 am
just thought i'd chime in here...been battling a shoulder problem - rotator cuff to be specific - been 2 months now....have tried mega dosing fish oil , anti inflams everything...and no shit, once again Animal Flex comes and saves the day - after 2 weeks taking just this and the fish oil there is a significant difference in mobility and what i can do with it....

probably my fave supp in the ANIMAL line

Mr. Aestheticz
09-21-09, 10:29 am
what is it that it does for you? is it just for joint pain?

NO SIR, THIS IS A COMPLETE JOINT FORMULA VOTE# 1 BY BB.COM SUPP AWARDS UMM 3 YEARS INA ROW I BELIEVE, U-REP OR A-REP MIGHT BE ABLE TO ANSWER THAT!

BUT IT IS A COMPLETE JOINT REPAIR AND LUBRICATION SUPP, FOR MORE DETAILS CHECK OUT THIS LINK:

http://www.animalpak.com/html/sections.cfm?id=60

...EASY!!!

mnmvilla2002
09-28-09, 3:16 pm
Just an update but make that 4 years in a row for Animal Flex. This was posted in another thread by J-Dawg

Animal Wins Two Supplement Of The Year Awards - Live From The Olympia

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just a quick update fellas. Animal just won the following awards from bb.com:

For the 5th year in a row Animal Pak won for Multivitamin of the Year

For the 4th year in a row Animal Flex won for Joint Supplement of the year

We appreciate your continued support and would like to thank all those who voted.

Here's a pic of NG and ragingmuscle with the awards...
http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r...TMwMC5qcGc.jpg

jarHunter
12-03-09, 3:39 pm
Started using Flex last week. Knees dont pop any more in the morning and the bad hip feels great will be a foundation from now on.

12-03-09, 3:50 pm
Flex is one of those trusted supplements I use all the time. Great product.

Bud McSpud
12-25-09, 10:22 pm
My joints are feeling better. Point blank. I had tried other brands' glucosamine/joint formulas and could not tell any difference.

As a 49 year old who's been lifting for over 20 years (I did other stuff -- a lot of running, mostly -- before getting into lifting), I've beat the shit out of my joints. I had been wondering if I need to lighten up on the weights, because I'd really been feeling the strain -- especially in my elbows and wrists. Now instead of backing off, I'm charging forward.

My 'stack': Pak and Flex daily. Pump before and Nitro after workouts. 1 Uni-liver with each meal. 1 beer before bed.

J-DOG
12-26-09, 4:36 am
I have been using Flex,Omega and Pak for about 6 months now and i can tell you in that time i have had less aches,pains and strains in my muscles and joints. This is turn has allowed me to train harder and heavier for longer periods beacuse my recovery has improved significantly. Being able to eat well and train hard consistently is what it is all about my Animal bros and sisters!

These will definetly be the cornerstone of my supplements for as long as i am vertical!

JD

Girevik 69
01-31-10, 2:53 pm
Preserving joint cartilage, ligaments, & tendons is extremely important to me, especially with all the kettlebell swings, cleans, & snatches. The centripetal forces are considerable; gotta keep that connective tissue top-notch. Animal Flex definitely makes a difference.

MELTDOWN
01-31-10, 5:35 pm
Me thinks maybe UR needs to rename this thread...we have the hardware and recognition to prove other it's not "Underrated".....

Girevik 69
02-01-10, 11:34 am
Me thinks maybe UR needs to rename this thread...we have the hardware and recognition to prove other it's not "Underrated".....

Very true... it's a great seller at Vitamin Shoppe, and it has received rave reviews by various websites and publications, like Jeff Everson's Planet M (which is where I first read of Animal Flex, in fact).

Universal Rep
02-01-10, 11:38 am

Very true... it's a great seller at Vitamin Shoppe, and it has received rave reviews by various websites and publications, like Jeff Everson's Planet M (which is where I first read of Animal Flex, in fact).

Haha, mebbe, M...

Best selling joint supp at BB.com too, and it sells better than many bodybuilding supps period. With no advertising, just word of mouth, Flex is the best-selling joint supp and award winning to boot.

WarlordMalice
03-07-10, 8:11 pm
I had my 4th surgery on my left knee about 5 months ago and still can't do squats, deads or heavy leg press. Since starting Flex a couple weeks ago I'm already noticing a diminishing in the pain/discomfort in the knee so hopefully I'll be squatting in the next month or so, even if it isn't heavy yet. I'm one of the malicious few who actually enjoy squats more than any other exercise and it'll remain that way unless I can find something else that makes me feel that bad afterward :) Animal Flex is now a permanent foundational for me.

JGraham
03-27-10, 8:21 am
For me Flex didnt' work overnight but gradually made all my joint pain go away. I didn't realize how much until I missed about a week's worth and all the sudden my knees, elbows, shoulders and hips started hurting like all hell. It, along with Pak, are two supplements I will never do without again.

NaturalTrainee
03-28-10, 8:28 am
Pack and Flex ftw, they are the supps that never fade away and prove themselves over and over.

jandirigma
04-10-10, 10:18 am
I'd love to get this after all the sprains and chronic pains I've gotten at this young age. My wrists are killing me and I could use a little joint care. I'll try to save up for this.

msktyshha
05-10-10, 9:49 pm
I think flex is more important than the pak itself, just can't believe it's so underrated, most of the guys turn to test boosters, and cell volumizers and all sorts of bullshit, but they forget about the flex....very sad. We need an article on how important joint health is for lifting, especially heavy lifting which is optimal for muscle growth.

J-DOG
05-10-10, 9:58 pm
I think flex is more important than the pak itself, just can't believe it's so underrated, most of the guys turn to test boosters, and cell volumizers and all sorts of bullshit, but they forget about the flex....very sad. We need an article on how important joint health is for lifting, especially heavy lifting which is optimal for muscle growth.

I couldnt agree more! If i could have one Animal product in my arsenal it would be Flex. The difference this has made to my joints and overall training is just amazing. My strength is up on most things, i dont have nearly as many aches and pains and i am now doing some exercises that i had to stop from joint pain and stiffness.
Taking all the other supplements is great as well but if your foundation isnt good then it doesnt matter what you do, you will never live up to your potential. And really the prospect of being arthritic when i am old from so many years of heavvy lifting isnt very enticing.

Truly the most underated supplement in the Animal range!

J

stormin
06-03-10, 2:20 pm
My first post.

I started taking Flex about a month an a half ago due to joint pain (I'm 51 by the way!) Torn rotator from about 8 years ago, broken ankles from a long time ago, little cracks here and there ... they all add up and you can feel it as you get a bit older. Flex has really helped me; it's quite complete. I still like to go hard !

And one more thing, Flex is the reason that I've now switched all my supps to Animal products; Pak, Cuts, Pump and I'm thinking PM soon !!

MRmichael.hooker
07-12-10, 5:27 pm
there is not enough good things to say about this product. my local health store carries every other animal product BUT flex... carries all kinds of different joint products, but i dont care. ill order it online everytime. price of shipping, doesnt matter. its totally worth it. i wouldnt dare train without it. Its like an insurance you actually use

GRAVESY
08-12-10, 7:36 pm
got my FLEX today, and got lifting straps in the can.

ontheEDGE
08-12-10, 8:25 pm
got my FLEX today, and got lifting straps in the can.

from where?

metfan
09-05-10, 5:03 pm
Curious to know where too.

Cool that you got straps included.

Egarcía
09-05-10, 9:20 pm
i just bought a can of flex.. and i discovered that many pills look like discolored or burned...
and i don't know if that is ok or not... is this normal?

metfan
09-05-10, 9:40 pm
Curious to know where too.

Cool that you got straps included.

Yeah, that is normal.

Just a little residue from the black, soft pill in the Pak. Nothing to worry about, your joints will appreciate what Flex will do for them.

JorSN
10-07-10, 11:51 pm
Would it be overkill to take Flex twice a day? I have had bad joint problems since i was 15 because I grew so quickly. I take flex once a day right now but im considering taking flex and omega twice a day.

chiapeteater
10-13-10, 7:54 pm
It is not very often that I am impressed by something. Flex has gone above and beyond what I ever expected from it. I have been taking it for one week and my knee and elbow pain is almost completely gone. Not only during squats, but also when I jog I do not have to ice down my knees. I absolutely cannot wait to go skiing this winter and get on an icy course to put this stuff to its full test. If it helps my knee pain this winter during ski season like it is doing right now, you folks will have a walking, talking (and skiing) advertisement on the slopes.

AceKombat
03-08-11, 12:53 pm
Hey bros, the same thing i've noticed on my new tin of Flex- the rectangular and little circle pills were discolored, almost as if they were burned with a open flame. However its nothing to worry about as i have been reassured by the pros at company. Its a little bleed from the gel cap that some how occurs and stains the other pills, but the product is till 100% safe and still effective.

Girevik 69
03-12-11, 10:56 am
I'm now doing bilateral work with two 24-kg/53-lb kettlebells (cleans, military presses, squats, etc.), and Animal Flex really helps.

Lukeyb
04-08-11, 5:29 am
I know this is a late response, but you get the free straps if you order on Muscular Development Shop.

unclejason
04-28-11, 1:25 pm
I know this is a late response, but you get the free straps if you order on Muscular Development Shop.

I ordered from discountsupplements.com and got Flex wtih free straps. Love my Animal straps!

J-Dawg
07-31-11, 1:10 pm
Would it be overkill to take Flex twice a day? I have had bad joint problems since i was 15 because I grew so quickly. I take flex once a day right now but im considering taking flex and omega twice a day.

Hey Jor, not sure if you'll see this post b/c I just caught yours from awhile back. If you have bad joint issues, two packs a day could be taken. As I get back into heavy lifting, I'm going to be doing 2 packs of Flex and Omega per day. These are going to be my staples for structural support while increasing the weights and intensity in my lifting.

AJP1
08-11-11, 11:02 pm
Been having shoulder pains bad since I was a kid. Got this and on my 2nd day doing bench press my pain is definetly reduced.

The RZA
12-01-11, 1:27 pm
Are there benefits to taking Flex close to (immediately before or after) your workout? Or does it not matter at all?

Seath308
04-30-12, 11:22 pm
Just got done running 2 cans of flex and my knee pain is completely gone! I was have been dealing with dry and creeky knees stone the start of the year and flex saved me!

Universal Rep
05-01-12, 9:41 am
Are there benefits to taking Flex close to (immediately before or after) your workout? Or does it not matter at all?

Timing doesn't matter...

Just got done running 2 cans of flex and my knee pain is completely gone! I was have been dealing with dry and creeky knees stone the start of the year and flex saved me!

Now ya gotta keep runnin Flex, haha... Nice job.

Seath308
05-01-12, 10:05 am
Now ya gotta keep runnin Flex, haha... Nice job.

Yup! Just started the third can today. I don't think I'll ever stop taking this supp adding it to my staple list!

J-Dawg
05-02-12, 2:12 pm
Yup! Just started the third can today. I don't think I'll ever stop taking this supp adding it to my staple list!

Agreed. Flex is one of those foundational supplements that powerlifters and bb'ers can benefit from by taking it daily!