PDA

View Full Version : Morning AM cardio

The_Beast
07-11-07, 6:37 am
I was wondering, I usually get up at 4:45-5AM for Cardio on a Empty stomach. But I like taking advantage of the nutrient window (Glutamine/Protien shake), and also like having the ability to split up my meals (shake 5:30AM then breakfast at 6:45 before I leave for work) etc. Because I usually consume a decent amount of protien at both. Im on a pre-contest Cut (high protien/high fat) and am wondering, if this low intensity, 15-30minute cardio session is hampering with my morning shake's protien instead of burning off fat from the previous day...

BTW:I dont eat Dairy, so, Its not a problem chugging shake's before cardio.

Stay Strong,
The_Beast

hjayss
07-11-07, 6:44 am
Keep it up...you are doing it right burn baby burn...you are ideed causing your body to get into what is great deal of metabolic joy...you burn up to 300% more fat on an emty stomach just make sure you dump down nice load of protein and I nice hardy breakfast....it will take a while how long it took you to put it on it will take you just as long or longer to burn it off ahhh I know that sucks huh....

mk53220
04-30-08, 5:56 pm
What around is the correct time of cardio for the morning before Breakfast??

Im 24years old, 224lbs, 5"10 trying to trim a little fat while im doing a bulk.

Carpe Diem P.T
04-30-08, 5:59 pm
6:28am is the perfect time to build leam muscle mass and lose fat.

pmug0000
04-30-08, 6:02 pm
What around is the correct time of cardio for the morning before Breakfast??

Im 24years old, 224lbs, 5"10 trying to trim a little fat while im doing a bulk.

It depends on your schedule. When do you get up, go to work/school etc.

6:28am is the perfect time to build leam muscle mass and lose fat.

LMAO

mk53220
04-30-08, 6:42 pm
HA HA HA: Sorry guys I ment the length of time of cardio..

pmug0000
04-30-08, 7:17 pm
HA HA HA: Sorry guys I ment the length of time of cardio..

Oh in that case I'd go for around 30 min.

mk53220
04-30-08, 8:06 pm
Will 30 Mins on a treadmill high incline brisk walk count??

Jester
04-30-08, 8:09 pm
I heard that after longer periods of cardio say... 30 minutes, that your testosterone cuts off..

I usually do cardio for about 20 minutes.. Since I live on campus I usually head right over to eat after doin cardio so my body doesnt start suckin nutrients from the muscles...

pmug0000
04-30-08, 8:20 pm
Will 30 Mins on a treadmill high incline brisk walk count??

Yeah sounds perfect.

mritter3
04-30-08, 8:31 pm
i would go for about 30-45 minutes just remember to mix it up

pmug0000
04-30-08, 8:40 pm
i would go for about 30-45 minutes just remember to mix it up

30 min. should be plenty considering he hasn't eaten all night. Remember, the point is to retain as much muscle as possible, and the longer you go the more likely you are to burn muscle.
Also, why mix it up? Cardio is not like lifting - burning calories is burning calories no matter how you do it.

mk53220
04-30-08, 10:00 pm
I think Im gonna give it a shot. Just a ton of water before I run because of cramping.

simpleguy
04-30-08, 11:25 pm
mix it up

hat of to you bro... that's just the idea
if you're gonna do 30 min of cardio in the morning for 16 weeks, you might not have at all the same results in the end as you did at the beginning

hell, some bbs do 2-3 hrs of cardio daily close to a contest

so, to answer the initial question, there's no perfect length... start off with 30 min or so, then increase gradually or add more sessions then you're currently doing

I think cardio on an empty stomach works great if you play it smart... I think some aminos taken before (eaas) are a MUST, not only your body has been fasting, but you're heading for more action which could be catabolic... also, I never do high intensity on an empty stomach;
a moderate one (heart rate 140-160) works best for me in the morning

my two cents

mk53220
04-30-08, 11:27 pm
Well Im not really going for a bodybuilder mold or becomeing one. I need to get my ass in shape.

simpleguy
04-30-08, 11:29 pm
Well Im not really going for a bodybuilder mold or becomeing one. I need to get my ass in shape.

that's great bro, nobody said you gotta be a bodybuilder, but it's never a good idea to lose muscle... not even 'healthy' at all for your body

alee486
04-30-08, 11:55 pm
I started doing morning cardio sessions 3 days a week and have seen much better results. It spikes your metabolism and lets you burn some fat for the rest of the day, and then you can get a little kick later when you lift. I do a solid 20 mins of running and end with 10-15 mins of sprints / intervals... 45 sec. on 11+, 30 sec. on 6.5 and do that combo until I'm done.

Helps you burn fat, increase your heart rate for a short amount of time and keeps some strength in your legs... try it out bro.

Tork
05-01-08, 12:12 am
I do cardio after workout everyday. I am on a cut and I find it works really nice to loosen up the body after a hard lifting session. I do atleast 30 mins. It works great.

Thetasteofink69
05-20-08, 11:57 pm
So I've always heard that morning cardio on an empty is best for cutting.. I just started my first cut two days ago, and I've been doing 40 minutes of cardio after my weight training..

So I've run into a problem.. I usually train in the evening.. Now that I've incorporated cardio, it typically takes up my entire evening and I don't have an opportunity to do anything but go home and eat, shower and sleep..

So how exactly do I make it work if I wanna do cardio in the morning and then weight train in the evening? I've read some places that you should do cardio without eating anything.. Other people say eat something slow absorbing and you'll cut into your muscle stores less, while still having the same fat burning affect.

And does it really make that big of a difference if you do cardio after your workout or in the morning? It always made more sense to me to do cardio after weight training because your glycogen stores have been depleted..

Any tips or responses are appreciated

zanderfever
05-21-08, 12:03 am
Cardio in the morning is the best way to do it. Wake up, have some form of EAAs, BCAAs, or something like that and then do your cardio. After your workout is the second best time to do cardio because of the depleted glycogen when compared to the rest of your day. When you wake up, you have been fasting for 6-8 hours, or however long you sleep for, so your glycogen levels are depleted then even more. Be sure to have the BCAAs or EAAs to prevent muscle catabolism

Thetasteofink69
05-21-08, 12:19 am
Sweet thanks.. Any idea how much BCAAs of EAAs I should take? And how crucial is it that I have those products? I don't have them right now but I've been planning on getting them

rocky36
05-21-08, 12:27 am
im not trying to hyjack your thread bro but i have a question as well.. should i take pak before cardio or after when i eat my first meal of the day about 15 mins after im done running?

Chin
05-21-08, 12:46 am
Cardio in the morning is the best way to do it. Wake up, have some form of EAAs, BCAAs, or something like that and then do your cardio. After your workout is the second best time to do cardio because of the depleted glycogen when compared to the rest of your day. When you wake up, you have been fasting for 6-8 hours, or however long you sleep for, so your glycogen levels are depleted then even more. Be sure to have the BCAAs or EAAs to prevent muscle catabolism

Said it perfectly... I do cardio every morning when I have free time... and since I am in this transformation contest... I've been doing it more and more...

Sweet thanks.. Any idea how much BCAAs of EAAs I should take? And how crucial is it that I have those products? I don't have them right now but I've been planning on getting them

EAA wise, I use anywhere from 5 grams to 10 grams depending on the duration of my cardio... If I know its going to be closer to an hour of intense cardio I will take 10 grams of EAA stack with a 20 Gram scoop of whey... Something lower I would take 5 grams of EAA and a 20 gram scoop of whey... I also supplement with Caffeine... don't know if you want to jump into that... PS drink it with 500 mL of ice cold water... shoots your metabolism through the roof...

im not trying to hyjack your thread bro but i have a question as well.. should i take pak before cardio or after when i eat my first meal of the day about 15 mins after im done running?

I always take my pak AFTER my first meal... I found because of the massive amount of water flux I get during my cardio sessions... (Up to 8LBS difference from night time sometimes) I wouldn't feel the pak as much... or I wasn't receiving everything... if that makes sense because I was increasing my fluid levels to a ridiculous amount. I remember someone saying something about the pak being arbitary as to when you take it as long as its before you lift weights...

If thats the case and you are doing 2 a days (Cardio in the morning and Weights at night) I would take the pak in between the 2 exercises sessions... before you lift...

Hope this helps

Chin

Thetasteofink69
05-21-08, 12:55 am
Something lower I would take 5 grams of EAA and a 20 gram scoop of whey...

So a whey shake mixed in water is alright to drink before the morning cardio?

zanderfever
05-21-08, 12:56 am

Yes, it works just fine. If its a shake, i'll usually take an additional 5 or 10 grams of protein than the EAA's or BCAA's, which I keep at around 10 for normal cardio

Chin
05-21-08, 1:00 am

Not only is it alright... I wouldn't suggesting doing the cardio if you don't... You have to fuel your body with protein... to make a long story short... if you don't your body will torch your fat stores and muscles because your glycogen stores are gone...

if you don't take one its like taking 1 step forward and 2 steps back... if you don't have an EAA supp, you can take 2 scoops of Whey... or what I do sometimes if you are cheap like me... is take 1 Scoop of whey as I wake up and eat some Cottage cheese approximately 10 - 15 minutes after the shake... Casein in the cottage cheese should sustain you through the cardio session...

Chin

zanderfever
05-21-08, 1:04 am
Not only is it alright... I wouldn't suggesting doing the cardio if you don't... You have to fuel your body with protein... to make a long story short... if you don't your body will torch your fat stores and muscles because your glycogen stores are gone...

if you don't take one its like taking 1 step forward and 2 steps back... if you don't have an EAA supp, you can take 2 scoops of Whey... or what I do sometimes if you are cheap like me... is take 1 Scoop of whey as I wake up and eat some Cottage cheese approximately 10 - 15 minutes after the shake... Casein in the cottage cheese should sustain you through the cardio session...

Chin

Only problem with cottage cheese before a cardio session is that it has fat and carbs in it and that destroys the purpose of a no glycogen cardio session

Thetasteofink69
05-21-08, 1:42 am
Well the protein I use has BCAAs and Glutamine mixed in with it.. So will one scoop be sufficient?

And what do I do after cardio? Do I have a post workout meal or just a regular breakfast?

sanga
05-21-08, 4:01 am
I agree with the cardio in the morning first thing, I also agree with the small shake with BCAA and caffiene, Pak afcter the first meal also is good, Cottage Cheese before cardio I don`t agree with, too heavy and takes time to digest and so would repeat on me whilst doing cardio.

Themostocles
05-21-08, 4:54 am
Additional question: Should you do the whey before hand, if you do a shake in the middle of your sleep? I drink one to keep anabolic about 4 hours into my 8 hours. -T.

thenothingthatis
05-21-08, 6:13 am
Here's something I just read about this:

http://www.t-nation.com/article/diet_and_nutrition/the_fasted_cardio_roundtable

hope that helps

Thetasteofink69
05-21-08, 12:02 pm
Additional question: Should you do the whey before hand, if you do a shake in the middle of your sleep? I drink one to keep anabolic about 4 hours into my 8 hours. -T.

I'd think you should probably still take it.. It might be better if you take the shake earlier on in your sleep

Here's something I just read about this:

http://www.t-nation.com/article/diet_and_nutrition/the_fasted_cardio_roundtable

hope that helps

Very usefull.. Thanks a lot man

Themostocles
05-21-08, 12:47 pm
I'd think you should probably still take it.. It might be better if you take the shake earlier on in your sleep

Why is that? Just curious to you reasoning? -T.

zanderfever
05-21-08, 3:33 pm
The shake in the middle of the night is a good thing to do, I would just suggest that you take it when you wake up to piss, don't set your alarm. If you take it when you wake up naturally, your regular sleep cycle is not disturbed, while if you jolt yourself up with an alarm, it disrupts sleep, and I know that I want the little sleep I get to be quality.

zanderfever
05-21-08, 3:37 pm
Woops, forgot to answer the other question. Yes, even if you wake up and have a shake you should still have the pre-cardio shake. Protein does not have glycogen. Also, if you dont have it then your body will go after your muscles and fat for energy, so take the protein.

BCAA's, EAA's, and Glutamine, are all Amino Acids. Every protein shake has glutamine and BCAA's because protein is made up of amino acids. 20 grams of a protein shake will have enough for the cardio session

Themostocles
05-21-08, 3:52 pm
And your shake does have glucose when you blend it in there ;). I do it when I wake to piss, which about 90% of the time 3.5-4.5 hours into sleep. I have a hard enough time sleeping without setting an alarm lol. -T.

simpleguy
05-21-08, 3:59 pm
Woops, forgot to answer the other question. Yes, even if you wake up and have a shake you should still have the pre-cardio shake. Protein does not have glycogen. Also, if you dont have it then your body will go after your muscles and fat for energy, so take the protein.

BCAA's, EAA's, and Glutamine, are all Amino Acids. Every protein shake has glutamine and BCAA's because protein is made up of amino acids. 20 grams of a protein shake will have enough for the cardio session

though, the idea is to do the fasted cardio when little or no insulin is released... especially since your insulin is very sensitive with no food present in your stomach, for instance 50g of whey on an empty stomach pre-cardio will spike your insulin big time, which is detrimental to our fat-loss purposes

nitro would be great here, because it doesn't even have to be digested really... if not, I'd limit the whey intake pre-cardio to 15-20gr or so

sanga
05-21-08, 4:05 pm
Agreed it has to be a small amount of whey, a large shake can have your body converting it into energy especially in the absence of glycogen stores already.

simpleguy
05-21-08, 4:14 pm
Agreed it has to be a small amount of whey, a large shake can have your body converting it into energy especially in the absence of glycogen stores already.

yeah, not only that since it has to be digested first it's not really the best option... so if I had the budget for this, I'd go with nitro hands-down , but it's just too damn expensive where I live... it comes at about 2 bucks for a pack

zanderfever
05-21-08, 5:18 pm
yeah, not only that since it has to be digested first it's not really the best option... so if I had the budget for this, I'd go with nitro hands-down , but it's just too damn expensive where I live... it comes at about 2 bucks for a pack

You should use the magical powers of the internet

Thetasteofink69
05-21-08, 7:36 pm
You should use the magical powers of the internet

He lives in Romania.. He probably can't order stuff from the net

This article that thenothingthatis posted is kind of interesting.. I think I'll pick and choose what to believe in it though.. It says ectomorphs (me) shouldn't do cardio in the morning.. I know there's a lot of science behind it and why cardio in the morning works, but I think that might be pushing it over the edge with over analyzing

zanderfever
05-21-08, 8:11 pm
He lives in Romania.. He probably can't order stuff from the net

Oh, wow, I did not see that. My apologies

thenothingthatis
05-21-08, 8:29 pm
wha? just because someone is in romania doesn't mean he can't order from the net. I'm from a 3rd world asian country and I can order just about anything.

Thetasteofink69
05-21-08, 10:29 pm
Well I really have no idea whether or not he can get stuff in Romania.. I just assumed that since he said that it was more expensive where he lived then it meant he was forced to buy it from a retail store

zanderfever
05-21-08, 11:32 pm
wha? just because someone is in romania doesn't mean he can't order from the net. I'm from a 3rd world asian country and I can order just about anything.

Well I really have no idea whether or not he can get stuff in Romania.. I just assumed that since he said that it was more expensive where he lived then it meant he was forced to buy it from a retail store

I was assuming he knew what he was talking about...so, to settle this-simpleguy, can you order Animal supps online?

simpleguy
05-21-08, 11:33 pm

believe me, I tried them all, including bb.com... seems like Romania is on most sites' black lists lol

simpleguy
05-21-08, 11:34 pm
I was assuming he knew what he was talking about...so, to settle this-simpleguy, can you order Animal supps online?

I can order them for about the same price as I got'em here :) (including shipping, and tax I'd pay with western union - only way to pay to bb.com from here)

zanderfever
05-21-08, 11:53 pm
I can order them for about the same price as I got'em here :) (including shipping, and tax I'd pay with western union - only way to pay to bb.com from here)

You should try some other sites-

prosource.net
discountanabolics.com
buildingbrawn.com

All have good supplement prices.

HardGainer369
09-28-08, 6:02 pm
Hey guys, i have never ever done a cut...i am always stuffing my face and training hard to get bigger..i am 172 with about 8% bf..but i want to get shredded...i do cardio usually after i workout and i have seen improvements but i know morning cardio is better. now can i drink intra - aid while i do my morning cardio...or should i just down a shake after im done? which is better? i need all the info i can get lol. thanks guys

killat0n
12-02-08, 10:47 am
So I'm doing a short 4 week cut(carb cycling diet) before christmas just to keep myself in check. I do my cardio HIIT style first thing when I wake up on an empty stomach. I take my pak of Cuts and then about 15 mins later I hit the pavement. My question is would it be a good idea to take a few BCAA tabs with the pak of Cuts to help avoid muscle catabolism during my fat burning?

houseofpain
01-11-09, 7:13 pm
If I'm still looking to bulk, would morning cardio with no food in my stomach still be acceptable to maintain or help drop bodyfat while keeping my caloric intake high? Maybe take my pre workout (which is also a thermogenic and contains loads of leucine and valine) to preserve muscle tissue and just help drop bodyfat? Looking for some advice.

Houseofpain

houseofpain
01-11-09, 9:35 pm
come on boys, throw me a bone here. no responses?

JMC
01-11-09, 9:59 pm
Acceptable??? Of course, in fact I would recommend it. Others would say no, but I see no reason to get careless using the "bulking" term as an excuse. I'd start off slow though and monitor your progress/results, ala first thing in morning walk 45-60 minutes maintaining 50-55% target heart rate. Hope this helps...

J Wong
01-11-09, 10:30 pm
Do it. If your worried about losing muscle or whatever, stock up on some aminos.

Toni69
01-11-09, 10:45 pm
If I'm still looking to bulk, would morning cardio with no food in my stomach still be acceptable to maintain or help drop bodyfat while keeping my caloric intake high? Maybe take my pre workout (which is also a thermogenic and contains loads of leucine and valine) to preserve muscle tissue and just help drop bodyfat? Looking for some advice.

Houseofpain

this is my method of cardio now and im in my offseason. I do 40min on stairs, first thing early morning, before I eat. I stay in fat burn zone, betw 120-130hr for 40min...i take a nitro pak post, then eat my normal breakfast after that..maybe 20min after by the time i get home and cook, sit and eat.

I do this 4-5x a week...maintained muscle and am harder now then I was ever before with visible definition. try it for a few weeks...then evaluate the results.

rayzer27
01-12-09, 12:52 am
this is my method of cardio now and im in my offseason. I do 40min on stairs, first thing early morning, before I eat. I stay in fat burn zone, betw 120-130hr for 40min...i take a nitro pak post, then eat my normal breakfast after that..maybe 20min after by the time i get home and cook, sit and eat.

I do this 4-5x a week...maintained muscle and am harder now then I was ever before with visible definition. try it for a few weeks...then evaluate the results.

you ever try taking Aminos before you do cardio? (BCAA,EAA stack/ nitro)

Buh-Buh
01-12-09, 3:20 pm
I am adding AM cardio to my routine. Its no problem for off days, but how much rest time do I need between my cardio session and lifting session for workout days. Right now my class schedule allows me to lift between 11-12:30. I want to add low intensity AM cardio between 6-6:45. Will this give me enough rest or should I move my workout back?

castilo
01-12-09, 9:29 pm
I was wondering, I usually get up at 4:45-5AM for Cardio on a Empty stomach. But I like taking advantage of the nutrient window (Glutamine/Protien shake), and also like having the ability to split up my meals (shake 5:30AM then breakfast at 6:45 before I leave for work) etc. Because I usually consume a decent amount of protien at both. Im on a pre-contest Cut (high protien/high fat) and am wondering, if this low intensity, 15-30minute cardio session is hampering with my morning shake's protien instead of burning off fat from the previous day...

BTW:I dont eat Dairy, so, Its not a problem chugging shake's before cardio.

Stay Strong,
The_Beast

Are you asking how to get protein in in the morning cardios?

andrewT
01-13-09, 4:06 pm
I gotta start adding this to my off days as well

Big Phil
06-19-09, 6:48 pm
So i started cutting today and i know that cardio is "a" if the not "the" key to cutting along with a diet change. Someone once told me that cardio first thing in the morning for 20 minutes right when you get out of bed burns more bodyfat than if you did it later in the day. So im just wondering if going on a run right when i get out of bed and then come home and having breakfast is a good idea, will i loose muscle mass this way? Much appreciated
Big Phil

eric downey
06-19-09, 6:56 pm
So i started cutting today and i know that cardio is "a" if the not "the" key to cutting along with a diet change. Someone once told me that cardio first thing in the morning for 20 minutes right when you get out of bed burns more bodyfat than if you did it later in the day. So im just wondering if going on a run right when i get out of bed and then come home and having breakfast is a good idea, will i loose muscle mass this way? Much appreciated
Big Phil

morning cardio - eat
night time cardio - light meal or protein

MVP
06-19-09, 7:23 pm
Big Phil

You should do cardio early in the morning before eating because that's when your level glycogen levels are lowest. Post-workout running is good too, generally about 15-20 minutes of HIIT in the morning and 10 minutes post-workout you'd shed fat easily. Running is aerobic system energy, so you won't continue to burn fat as much post-running as you will with anaerobic energy systems like weightlifting where you'll continue to burn calories afterwards.

Big Phil
06-19-09, 7:48 pm
You should do cardio early in the morning before eating because that's when your level glycogen levels are lowest. Post-workout running is good too, generally about 15-20 minutes of HIIT in the morning and 10 minutes post-workout you'd shed fat easily. Running is aerobic system energy, so you won't continue to burn fat as much post-running as you will with anaerobic energy systems like weightlifting where you'll continue to burn calories afterwards.

Thanks alot for that bro

AFTazz06
06-19-09, 9:31 pm
I personally hate HIIT, its risky because you can easily over do it and burn muscle, especially so early in the morning with an empty stomach. People think that they can ONLY loose weight if they're soaked in sweat and barely able to breathe, which is the wrong way to go. Low intensity is the proven way to burn fat, 45mins low intensity is the way to do. Keep the heart rate 120-130, speed 2.5-3.0.

MVP
06-19-09, 10:10 pm
I personally hate HIIT, its risky because you can easily over do it and burn muscle, especially so early in the morning with an empty stomach. People think that they can ONLY loose weight if they're soaked in sweat and barely able to breathe, which is the wrong way to go. Low intensity is the proven way to burn fat, 45mins low intensity is the way to do. Keep the heart rate 120-130, speed 2.5-3.0.

You're right.. lower intensity preserves the most muscle but generally takes longer.

But both will burn fat equally, the difference though is the amount of time it takes. Studies have also shown that Low intensity cardio burns calories during the activity, but it doesn’t increase your metabolic rate afterwards, that is why it isn't beneficial in quicker progress.

The advantage to HIIT/tabata type cardio is it will raise your metabolic fat burning capabilities, so instead of just burning calories while you're performing the exercises your body will continue to do so afterwards.

So I would guess if you have an ecto type frame, you're probably better off with low intensity, due to the fact their metabolism is already good.

Where on the other hand if you have an meso or endo type body, one that more easily stores fat you would be better off doing something like tabata or HIIT, or any other type of cardio that will help increase a generally slower metabolism.

Big Phil
06-20-09, 11:41 am
Alright thanks i tried HIIT today i personally liked it. I think im going to stick with it for a while to see if i get some decent results.

MVP
06-20-09, 1:47 pm
Alright thanks i tried HIIT today i personally liked it. I think im going to stick with it for a while to see if i get some decent results.

Remember to change things up every so often- The benefit HIIT gives you over conventional running is the change in heart rate. If you get used to regular running, your heart will get used to it and won't gain much of a workout and remember, running is cardiovascular exercise pertaining to the cardiovascular system- Blood, heart and lungs.

Do a slow/moderate jog for 45 seconds, quick sprint for 15 seconds- Keep this pace up for anywhere from 10-15 minutes, before your cutting is over see if you can do 20 minutes.

weedlewott
06-20-09, 2:08 pm
So.... Early morning running. Wonderful for losing weight. Now, you got two answers here. both HITT and low intensity are great. Of course, it's all dependent on what kind of a diet you are on. Yes, I said it. Diet. It quite literally plays into everything you are ever going to do in this sport.

If you are running a generally high carb, low calorie diet, then I suggest you run hard and long. maybe not so long, but 25-30 minutes. Your body burns off all of the energy from carbs it has in the first 10-15 minutes of hard running. After that, it needs to find a secondary source of energy. First place it goes to is the fat reserves. You'll be sweating regardless. So don't think it's the more you sweat the more you lose. Once you hit that 40 minute mark (if you so choose), I suggest quitting for the day. It's an awesome way to lose if you're on a high carb diet.

You can guess where the low carb diet comes into play here then. If you're running a low/no carb diet, then you should do low intensity cardio. Much for the same reason. Running hard on a low/no carb diet burns muscle. I don't know personally how, but from listening, reading, and studying up, I learned that much. So do low intensity as AFTazz06 mentioned. It works. Trust...

Hope i helped. You can take it all with a grain of salt though, because all training is based off of you. You have to get your priorities, diet, and goals straight, and find a happy medium. What we're saying here is simply the base of what you need. Check the diet and do what you do. Best of luck in losing weight brother. It's hard but you gotta stick it out.

weedlewott
06-20-09, 2:31 pm
Also, check out this thread.. Tons of info..

http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=1292

Big Phil
06-21-09, 10:54 am
Thanks alot guys that really helped. My diet is not exactly low carb but on my bulk i was taking in around 500 or so grams of carbs and now im just incorporating cardio into my workout and switching up the diet. The carbs im taking in arn't low but ive been trying to take in healthy carbs and thats it as far as that. Carbs such as oatmeal and wheat bread, but i did limit that. So thanks alot for the suggestions i might have to switch to low intensity ive got somet thinkin to do. Thanks for everything.

majicninja
06-22-09, 10:27 am
Anyone have a problem with fatigue a few hours after morning cardio? I thought it had to do with my caffeine or food intake, but I've switched that up a lot and doesn't seem to affect things. Here's my current morning cardio protocol:

6:45 - wakeup (green tea extract; 100mg of caffeine; 13g xtend)
7:10 - 30 min HIIT cardio
7:45 - 30g whey / vitamin water
8:30 - 1 egg, 9 egg whites, 2 pieces of ezekiel bread, 1 tbsp. natty peanut butter, cup of black coffee

I've been doing this for a year or two while cutting and it works well, I've just been getting tired an hour or two afterwords at work. Before, I had more energy throughout the day. Anyone got any suggestions or comments?

weedlewott
06-22-09, 6:17 pm
Anyone have a problem with fatigue a few hours after morning cardio? I thought it had to do with my caffeine or food intake, but I've switched that up a lot and doesn't seem to affect things. Here's my current morning cardio protocol:

6:45 - wakeup (green tea extract; 100mg of caffeine; 13g xtend)
7:10 - 30 min HIIT cardio
7:45 - 30g whey / vitamin water
8:30 - 1 egg, 9 egg whites, 2 pieces of ezekiel bread, 1 tbsp. natty peanut butter, cup of black coffee

I've been doing this for a year or two while cutting and it works well, I've just been getting tired an hour or two afterwords at work. Before, I had more energy throughout the day. Anyone got any suggestions or comments?

You can always skip the green tea and caffine and the other thing (whatever that is) before you Run.. Give that a shot for about a week. take it in after if you feel you have to have it. Any particular reason you take them before you do cardio?

majicninja
06-23-09, 9:39 am
i use green tea and caffeine to maximize fat burning, as well as wake me up and give me energy for the early cardio session. Xtend is a BCAA supplement I use to minimize muscle loss.

weedlewott
06-23-09, 9:46 am
i use green tea and caffeine to maximize fat burning, as well as wake me up and give me energy for the early cardio session. Xtend is a BCAA supplement I use to minimize muscle loss.

You can take or drink the green tea. Try dropping the caffeine preworkout for about a week and taking it after you finish up and your BCAA Supp should be good pre. Like I said, give that a shot for about a week or so. You're taking the caffeine pre and it might be helping to wake you up, but the cardio should do that. Take it afterwards when your heart rate has slowed down substantially back to a rest, and only when you have to have it. It's more of a timing issue with you I believe. PM me how that works out for you.

majicninja
06-23-09, 1:11 pm
You can take or drink the green tea. Try dropping the caffeine preworkout for about a week and taking it after you finish up and your BCAA Supp should be good pre. Like I said, give that a shot for about a week or so. You're taking the caffeine pre and it might be helping to wake you up, but the cardio should do that. Take it afterwards when your heart rate has slowed down substantially back to a rest, and only when you have to have it. It's more of a timing issue with you I believe. PM me how that works out for you.

Sounds good man. I'll give it a try this week and let you know. thanks