PDA

View Full Version : Vascularity: Veins Like Pipelines?

YoungN'Hungry
01-19-07, 7:14 pm
hey guys i was training arms today and i cant get my veins to pop out like wraths or anyones for a matter of fact....i have pretty thin skin so i can see a whole load of em especially in my chest and i cna never get ANY of them to explode.....on good arm days i can get some of the ones in my forearms and a couple in my bi's but thats all.....could someone PLEASE help me to get some good pipelines

HAWK
01-19-07, 7:21 pm
Thats tough man, and the answer ain't glamorous (but what is easy to come by in this sport?) It just takes time. Don't be discouraged at all, guys like Wrath with veins like bungee cords...that comes from years upon years of HEAVY weight training. Lower bf %'s help make them more visible. When you train, and blood is rushing to your muscles, your veins will pop. Some people are blessed with more, and most have to pay their dues in the gym for quite some time. Supplements help, but their not the answer to your problems. Shock Therapy and Pump are two good supps.

TheNaturalG
01-19-07, 7:24 pm
hey guys i was training arms today and i cant get my veins to pop out like wraths or anyones for a matter of fact....i have pretty thin skin so i can see a whole load of em especially in my chest and i cna never get ANY of them to explode.....on good arm days i can get some of the ones in my forearms and a couple in my bi's but thats all.....could someone PLEASE help me to get some good pipelines

Vascularity takes genetics and time. One good anaolgy I heard from a very smart person was something like this:
If you think of a neighborhood it requires sewer system underneath it. If the neighborhood is small it won't require many pipes. However, the larger it gets the more and larger pipes it requires. So the bigger your muscles get the more veins it requires and the bigger they need to be to get enough blood to your muscles.

YeaILift
01-19-07, 10:09 pm
Vascularity takes genetics and time. One good anaolgy I heard from a very smart person was something like this:
If you think of a neighborhood it requires sewer system underneath it. If the neighborhood is small it won't require many pipes. However, the larger it gets the more and larger pipes it requires. So the bigger your muscles get the more veins it requires and the bigger they need to be to get enough blood to your muscles.

Thats a good one.

Fokus
01-19-07, 10:57 pm

I would place emphasis on time, being that, yes genetics play a large role but through dedication and training vascularity will improve. Dont worry about it too much and before long you'll be doing curls and BLAMMO veins will be shooting out of places you didnt know you had.

YoungN'Hungry
01-19-07, 11:05 pm
thanks for everyone who repsonded to this post....it was a great deal of help

Fokus
01-19-07, 11:10 pm
thanks for everyone who repsonded to this post....it was a great deal of help

Yeah no problem. Steady lifting will lead to massive veins, it just takes time to happen. Keep at it bro.

king1
01-20-07, 1:21 am
even if genetically you arent very vascular, hard training over long periods of time will give you impressive veins??

IronLeague
01-20-07, 1:31 am
even if genetically you arent very vascular, hard training over long periods of time will give you impressive veins??

The longer you train and the more muscle you pack on, your body will actually produce more capillaries. The more muscle you have the veinier (sp) you will become.. A large part of vascualrity is also BF percentage and water retension.

Respect,
IronLeague

Strongarm
01-20-07, 3:14 am
The longer you train and the more muscle you pack on, your body will actually produce more capillaries. The more muscle you have the veinier (sp) you will become.. A large part of vascualrity is also BF percentage and water retension.

Respect,
IronLeague

He's right. For a while, I didn't even know veins grew per se, just thought they got bigger..didn't know they branch out lol. I've only been training for something like 3 years, and I'm pretty vascular, any time I get hot or a pump its all over. Like Iron said, it's all about genetics, BF %, and time..not necessarily in that order.

Big Jawn
01-20-07, 3:20 am
Also most pictures you see of pros with veins popping out of every inch of their bodies are while they are cutting down for competition. But as everyones said, time, genetic, water retention and body fat percentage.

benmatthews90
01-20-07, 5:30 am
some guitar players have some massive veins because they use their arms aerobically (mostly forearms) for long periods of time so the veins grow to support the blood flow

Angst
01-20-07, 1:03 pm
Also make sure to drink plenty of water and stretch to improve blood circulation.

pdiesel
01-21-07, 2:06 pm
for vein development you are going to need bigger muscles and less bodyfat..nuff said

Joe D'Amato
01-26-07, 11:14 am
How do you guys get your veins to show so good?

speedster00
01-26-07, 11:17 am
Time and being lean. You gotta build the muscle if you want to build the transport.

Maccabee
01-26-07, 11:44 am
Well you need to get lean for starters. Because in order for your veins to really show your skin has to become thin and tight.

Hardcore4Life
01-26-07, 11:46 am
clean diet, cardio, get that bodyfat low.

workoutfreakk
01-26-07, 12:22 pm
clean diet, cardio, get that bodyfat low.

can't say it any better that that.

Toni69
01-26-07, 12:31 pm
Low body fat!
Diet!
Cardio!
Pretty much, blood, sweat and tears!...oh wait..I will take back the tears for all you big boys here....so, just blood and sweat for you..and tears for me!

TheNaturalG
01-26-07, 4:15 pm
The more muscle you have the larger and more veins your body builds. And the lower your body fat the more you can see.

dirtydean12
01-26-07, 5:27 pm
The more muscle you have the larger and more veins your body builds. And the lower your body fat the more you can see.

yep, get lean, muscular, and BIG

NickSP
01-26-07, 5:44 pm
Is that actually true, your body can make new veins? Do you have any sources for that info?

Asian
01-26-07, 5:49 pm
your body can make new blood vessels - it's called angiogenesis. I don't have the references right on hand, but it does happen. Think about a tumor for example - it has to secrete growth signals to get the vasculature to supply it and keep growing

peterpyper
01-26-07, 6:24 pm
these asians are so small =)

xman
01-26-07, 6:55 pm
Nitrogen Oxide gets thos puppies swole!! ofcourse if you wave low bodyfat and ur lean.

Q
01-26-07, 7:16 pm
Asian is completely right, angiogenesis is the growth of new blood vessels, and a tumor is a great example because many cancers over-express angiogenesis factors which allows them to grow new vessels, and also grow to large sizes. In terms of bodybuilding or exercise in general your muscles are in need of an increased amount of oxygen on a regular basis, so your body compensates by expanding your capillary beds or creating new vessels. Also if there is a blockage of blood flow (cholesterol plaques) to a certain area of the body, new networks of vessels will be created in an attempt compensate (not usually to 100%). Sorry about the long post, but like everybody else said to get your veins to show, being big and lean is the best way. Oh yeah the Wikipedia on this is pretty thorough. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Angiogenesis#Types_of_angiogenesis

Peace,
Q

LuvsThePain
01-26-07, 7:21 pm
Of course your body can make new veins. Whenever your body gains muscle mass it has to transport blood to the new muscle somehow. People who are inactive do not have near the amount of veins as do people who put in a regular workout schedule. Your body adapts to a higher need of blood flow and to a lesser need of blood flow. Veins can also increase in size and decrease size depending on the volume of blood needed to each area.

tbone
01-26-07, 8:11 pm
i heart veins :)

pdiesel
01-26-07, 11:39 pm
bigger muscles less bodyfat..

Freakshow
01-27-07, 12:18 am
Big muscles, low body fat, time, and a good tan makes for the best vascularity. Give it time bro. I have been playing football for the past 7 years and I have had to maintain a high bodyweight/fat percentage to play on the O-line and I am just now starting to cut down, and vascularity has started to improve greatly.

bobbyj654
01-27-07, 12:33 am
So basically to sum it up, you get really big in the offseason, building your muscle up

get really lean during the competition time, and bam, you got your abs, and youre really vascular, its kind of like a reward for all the work you put in

Hollywood
01-27-07, 12:52 am
NO expands your blood vessels making your veins pop out more when you get your pump goin

hjayss
01-27-07, 5:03 am
Big muscles, low body fat, time, and a good tan makes for the best vascularity. Give it time bro. I have been playing football for the past 7 years and I have had to maintain a high bodyweight/fat percentage to play on the O-line and I am just now starting to cut down, and vascularity has started to improve greatly.

Remember your veins are like trains that shuttle nutrients to your muscle the more your muscles need the bigger your veins get and you will see them throough the skin whe you lean down.

Suleiman
01-27-07, 5:01 pm
its the muscle the bigger the muscle and the more muscle you have causes your body to make more veins because more veins equal more nutrients going to that specific muscle

Giant Killer
01-27-07, 5:53 pm
who needs veins when ya' got stretchmarks?

YOUNG_BB
01-27-07, 6:40 pm
who needs veins when ya' got stretchmarks?

dood i got some strech marks on my bi's dood, and i didnt like how they looked at first, (i thought it was my body streching down the fat from my arms until i found out that it was that my bi's where gettign bigger, now i can wear them proudly, and also on lats but thas nuthing special, isee bbers with strechmarks on their pecs and lats all the time.

now about veins, dood do steroids cause ur veins to look like that dood, paul dillet? or is it genetics?, u kno like the ones on wrath's arms, all swiggly, thas crazy. i like vascularity but not like that crazy.

amc31b
02-04-07, 8:00 pm
Having the bulging veins does look good and it intimidates the non athlete. If you want big veins stick to the basics. Keep the fat low, Make sure your workouts include at least one exercise that gets you in a pump (preacher curls and Leg extensions for me). Take it easy on the salts and keep up on the water. If your veins are not naturally large, just give it time.
There are some things you can do to make them bigger though. Really heavy lifting, sprints and flexing as hard as you can after your workout. All of these things will put tremendous stress on your circulation system and cause your blood pressure to sky rocket. This will cause your veins to strech a little, making them bigger. It will also force your body to create new veins and connections between them.

mr muscle
02-06-07, 12:30 am
hey boys seriously i believe in all what is being posted in this post.but can u give a step by step preferably in detail how its done.thanks to all

matic-
02-06-07, 12:56 am
hey boys seriously i believe in all what is being posted in this post.but can u give a step by step preferably in detail how its done.thanks to all

ummmmm.....step by step? bro just listen to the posts: do cardio, eat clean, and lift hard everytime in the gym...With time the veins will come along with your physique

thepaintbaljunky
03-08-07, 9:06 pm
What are some good ways to increase vascularity and get more veins popping out?

darkside64
03-08-07, 9:15 pm
lower your bodyfat. That is the only way to increase the look of your veins.

BigAnt
03-08-07, 10:03 pm
There's probably 10 threads about this already. Lose bodyfat... that's the answer. And drink 1-2 gallons of water daily.

Yep yep all good answers, low body fat, good old water, and the heat, being warm helps....ever notice you have no viens when it is cold?

Look the back of your hand, top of your feet, a lot of viens right?

Notice how thin the skin is in those areas, no fat there or little if any right?

Everyonedoes
03-09-07, 11:47 am
I think you may have ment smart? Anyway i wasnt very vascular but since i have been cutting my veins have definately shown through more.

jadizt
03-09-07, 2:03 pm
You like veins? Get a drug which induces venodilation, not vasodilation.

Vaso means arterioles, veno means veins.

Now, some people take nitric oxide but don't see any 'veins' is because vasodilation causes the smooth muscles of the arteries to relax and thus expanding the diameter of the arteries. Arteries supply fresh oxygenated blood around your body and also cool stuffs like the tuna you've eaten or the steroid pills. Not the vein. Therefore arteries are hidden deep in the flesh to be protected.

So it's true that you need thin skin to see your arteries and nitric oxide works but in most cases, thicker skin people just don't see it.

Seeing is believing and once something is not seen, there's no believe.
At least that's what I believe.

Mr.Totality
03-09-07, 7:15 pm

hell of an analogy. also, glad to see another strong islander here.

Ironpsycho
03-10-07, 8:27 pm
the quickest will be to clean your diet up and get your bodyfat down plus drink alot of water. that should help.

JMC
03-26-07, 12:42 pm
I know this is an old thread but I'm just fired up about the veins I've noticed pumping out of my legs. Definitely credit cuts, low bodyfat, and muscle development. My arms look like I'm smugglin fire hose, but never really had the vascularity in the legs. Not that anyone wanted to know...just thought I'd share.

ctgblue
03-26-07, 4:38 pm

See, the problem is, Wrath has had vein implants, yes it's true
they were obtained after YEARS of ass busting workouts and hard dieting
then one day, a secret door opened in the gym to the "vein implant center" and the rest is history

feelthepain12
03-27-07, 10:21 am
The key to huge, fire hose veins is extremely low bodyfat and getting the right amount of water in your system. If you're doing both of those and you're still not seeing the results you want, try a nitric oxide supp. That'll definitely help you out.

Chin
04-20-07, 8:12 pm

lol I am 6'1" 232... I don't consider myself small at all

Ricky P
04-20-07, 8:46 pm
Lower sodium intake, which will help lower water retention... One way to notice a better pump in the veins.

flatrock
04-20-07, 8:56 pm
Vascularity results from large muscles and little fat. When the muscle gets bigger vascularity increases because the muscle needs more nutrients. The veins are continually taking deoxygenated blood, lacking in nutrients to the heart and thus back to lungs. Arteries and smaller arterioles take blood to capillaries which diffuse nutrients directly to muscle cells.

Brute Strength
04-24-07, 10:09 pm
Asian is completely right, angiogenesis is the growth of new blood vessels, and a tumor is a great example because many cancers over-express angiogenesis factors which allows them to grow new vessels, and also grow to large sizes. In terms of bodybuilding or exercise in general your muscles are in need of an increased amount of oxygen on a regular basis, so your body compensates by expanding your capillary beds or creating new vessels. Also if there is a blockage of blood flow (cholesterol plaques) to a certain area of the body, new networks of vessels will be created in an attempt compensate (not usually to 100%). Sorry about the long post, but like everybody else said to get your veins to show, being big and lean is the best way. Oh yeah the Wikipedia on this is pretty thorough. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Angiogenesis#Types_of_angiogenesis

Peace,
Q

are they capillaries in your hands and feet, because i noticed more of the capillaries in my hands latley, and even through my fingers which i love. I have the 4 capillaries that go through both of my thumbs and i think it looks really Cool.

Gfactor
04-24-07, 10:19 pm
Sugar
Low BF
Etc etc.

Preston
05-10-07, 10:10 pm

That makes so much sense ...hahaha thanks for the analogy.

-Preston[ANIMAL]

asilab
05-26-07, 3:05 pm
[QUOTE=amc31b;21138]Having the bulging veins does look good and it intimidates the non athlete. If you want big veins stick to the basics. Keep the fat low, Make sure your workouts include at least one exercise that gets you in a pump (preacher curls and Leg extensions for me). Take it easy on the salts and keep up on the water. If your veins are not naturally large, just give it time.QUOTE]

I know this thread is old but I have been doing some research on this subject... I now believe I am fortunate to have naturally large veins that stick out tremendously, especially in my arms. I am a young female so at first I hated it because I never saw very many females other than female BB's w/ large veins, I looked at myself differently then, but now I'm like hell yeah look at them babies... The worst part for a while was when people asked me "Why are your veins so big & poppin out?" I just shrugged & said I don't know, Dr. told me it was due to circulation, not sure whether it is or not. I guess that is my question with all the babble above.
Can big veins be caused by poor circulation or is it bull shit?
I do drink lots of water, have low BF, but love Salt!
*Sorry if this question & post have no meaning to most of you but it's been on my mind for a while*

YOUNG_BB
07-14-07, 11:37 pm
im talking about nasty looking veins like paul dillet.. u kno.. those swiggly veins
how do u get them, even sly stallone has them.

i didnt kno where to post this thread cuz it has nothing to do with the paks nothing with diet( atleast i dont think it does) so it must be from pounding out heavy weights thru out the years.

im just curious how u get them?

do u actually get them from the untalked about stuff?

Liftbig21
07-14-07, 11:43 pm
im talking about nasty looking veins like paul dillet.. u kno.. those swiggly veins

i didnt kno where to post this thread cuz it has nothing to do with the paks nothing with diet( atleast i dont think it does) so it must be from pounding out heavy weights thru out the years.

Hard work...Diet...Low bodyfat...Genetics...All those factors play a role in Vascularity.The more muscle you build the more veins need to become avalible to supply blood to them.Once your BF drops you will start seeing them more and more..Simple carbs and hydration also plays a role in how visible your veins are...Hope this answered your question.

YOUNG_BB
07-15-07, 12:01 am
but i was talking about the weird looking ones.
cuz thers been alot of thread about veins and NO products la la la

but i was wondering like how do ppl get the wormy looking veins
all swiggly, like i said, like paul dillet's.

TheNaturalG
07-15-07, 12:10 am
Veins are ALL genetic. The size and amount will increase though with more size to your muscles, but you can't actually increase the veins through a form of training. They are limited by your genetics. And as we all know the lower the body fat percentage the more you see.

I would assume when it comes to AAS that since you are passing natural genetic limits for muscular size the same would go for your veins. Which means your veins would still be limited by your genetics.

YOUNG_BB
07-15-07, 1:12 am
i kno that veins come from genetics, and low bf fat, and water, la la la

i still dont think u guys are getting the question

Swiggly, nasty, snakeish, wormy looking veins that some pros have. like paul dillet, even wrath, ronnie dexter......not jay lol

i dont think u are born with weird looking veins like that, so... what caused them to have this?

whats AAS?

jonsbsn
07-15-07, 4:38 am
DIET!!! lol... its been said man. Low body fat. They don't have those veins in the off season, I gaurentee it. Hydration and diet, its the key... la la la

TylerC
07-15-07, 1:40 pm
veins can be brought out by doing pause reps<<<<< Machine said it.

Just thought I'd add another thought.

dominatetheiron
07-15-07, 1:57 pm
one of the animals said it best veins are like sewer pipelines in a city the smaller the city the smaller the pipe lines the bigger the city is the bigger the pipes have to be you want big veins get a big body.

stumblin54
07-15-07, 4:11 pm
i kno that veins come from genetics, and low bf fat, and water, la la la

i still dont think u guys are getting the question

Swiggly, nasty, snakeish, wormy looking veins that some pros have. like paul dillet, even wrath, ronnie dexter......not jay lol

i dont think u are born with weird looking veins like that, so... what caused them to have this?

whats AAS?

Their genetics caused their own veins to come out like that bro, they determine the makeup of your body and everything to do with it.
AAS: anabolic-androgenic steroids

Stumblin

J Beast
07-15-07, 4:28 pm
We all get what you're asking! It looks like you want an answer on how to get those veins in a week or something. Get it straight...It's not going to happen! It takes time. If you put the work in, watch your diet, drink plenty of water, they will eventually show. There is no magic pill, no wonder drug, no special supplement. It took me close to a year and a half of hardcore training to start drawing maps on my arms. You have to get the fat low, drink plenty of water and lift heavy. There is no secret. Those pros you metioned only got those freakish veins after years of training. Grow the muscles, grow the veins.

SpartanGlory96
07-16-07, 10:29 am
ya it took me a while to see the pipelines in my arms, first they started in my forearms, then where the bicep connect up to the forearm, just keep training heavy to bring out the size, then cut up to reveal em even more.

Gunshow
07-16-07, 10:58 am
They get those veins because of the size of their muscles. The bigger your muscles are the more blood they need so the veins get larger as the muscles do. The lower your bf% the more you can see the veins.AAS seems to increase vascularity because of the rapid increase in muscle size.

D-Bomb
07-17-07, 7:59 am
haha, "squiggly" Veins come from genetic traits, look at ten guys on stage and maybe 2 or 3 will have those crazy veins stacked up together, while some guys may have longer lined ones that do not get near each other, its more genetics in terms of where your veins go when you finally get to revealing them.

i'll add another example of how to get those veins going, keep flexing!, add a session of flexing daily/every other day, flexing sweats out water to keep the skin tighter, thus your veins if your body fat% is low enough will come through more and more slowly.

cviewmike851
07-19-07, 10:58 pm
I've been training real hard for over a year now. my body fat has come way down and my lean muscle has come way up but i have hardly any veins because for some reason my body retains too much water. any suggestions on how to cut this down and get thin skin?

MassMonster
07-19-07, 10:59 pm
u need diuretics... but unless your goig for a show no worries for now... just cut sodium to nuthin... and drink real herbal green tea and extract...

Seifer
07-20-07, 12:38 am
Few things I've noticed about my veins:

1. they came once bf got at or below ~12%

2. In my forearms, usually one arm seems to be twice as vascular as the other. And it changes from month to month. Kinda odd.

3. In my arms, biceps specifically, I have the 'squiggly' ones you guys mention. And to be honest I dont like it. When contracted it squiggles, when its not its more drawn out. I dont like it.

4. In my forearms they are like a roadmap when I'm pulling weights around (cable crossovers for example)

5. To make them stand out more, hold the contraction and flex hard on your final rep or two of a set. And hold your breath. Flex very very hard till it hurts.

6. I noticed veins in my body in this order: Forearms, biceps, chest, and recently front delt head.

Roland
07-20-07, 12:43 am
Few things I've noticed about my veins:

1. they came once bf got at or below ~12%

2. In my forearms, usually one arm seems to be twice as vascular as the other. And it changes from month to month. Kinda odd.

3. In my arms, biceps specifically, I have the 'squiggly' ones you guys mention. And to be honest I dont like it. When contracted it squiggles, when its not its more drawn out. I dont like it.

4. In my forearms they are like a roadmap when I'm pulling weights around (cable crossovers for example)

5. To make them stand out more, hold the contraction and flex hard on your final rep or two of a set. And hold your breath. Flex very very hard till it hurts.

6. I noticed veins in my body in this order: Forearms, biceps, chest, and recently front delt head.

Yo, one thing that I would advise if you don't wanna get the exertion headaches I just got, don't hold your breath. I didn't think breathing was important. IT IS SOOOO DAMN IMPORTANT, and very overlooked. I didn't think it was gonna happen and it did, now I gotta control my breathing all the time. Do not hold your breath.

Seifer
07-20-07, 12:59 am
Only while pausing on the contraction and flexing, for 1-3 seconds.

Stabiliser
10-10-07, 12:28 pm
Low body fat!
Diet!
Cardio!
Pretty much, blood, sweat and tears!...oh wait..I will take back the tears for all you big boys here....so, just blood and sweat for you..and tears for me!

i would also add
ingestion of 6 mg/kg caffeine or 6 mg/kg fructose with 250 ml of water, and notice the change on your forearm

The-Menace
10-12-07, 4:49 pm
damn, i took the animal pump 4 times this week, just on training days...

and my veins are are really popping out on my forarms like crazy :D!

Greez

Aaron_Cole
10-12-07, 5:37 pm
damn, i took the animal pump 4 times this week, just on training days...

and my veins are are really popping out on my forarms like crazy :D!

Greez

I just finished day 2 and they're already starting to pop, I can't wait until 4 days!

SolidTongan
10-12-07, 5:50 pm
Um, I think it may be a genetic issue like some of you are sayin'. My skin is anything but paper thin. I'm still in my cuttin' phase. Yes, I have been doin' well in that department, but it's not like I'm shredded...YET, but the veins in my arms still pop out, not only durin' arm workouts, but durin' alot of my workouts. I'm hella happy to see them because before I wasn't able to see SHIT, so hopefully that means I'm makin' progress!

BitterNdThenSome
10-15-07, 12:22 am

genetics. bodyfat. NO2 levels. pump.

Stabiliser
10-21-07, 5:07 am
decrease bodyfat
plenty of water
pause reps
500mg of niacin preworkout!!

Brutus_515
11-29-07, 9:58 am
Do cardio for a few weeks and drink water they will come out......... also building alot of muscle also brings them out for some reason :)

twisted_steel
11-29-07, 11:42 am
i mostly believe that veins are genetics and bf as well. i know some guys who have alot more bf that me...and have more veinage. its kinda odd. but i mean when i pose in the mirror, after for example working my abs, i can see alot of thin veins along my abs and obliques. and the next most veinage is my front delts....just sick when i lift. i cant wait to start my heavy lifting program in a few months to get everything popping. right now its all about rosstraining.com

prowrestler
04-06-08, 10:03 pm
this is an exercise sorta that i am sure aided my forarms vascularity. i call it the pump curl.

no eight needed, simply curls your arms as far ass they go and force them to go further. really squeeze the forarms into the biceps. now as you do this move your wrists back and forth and flex as hard as you can.

do it for 5 mins straight. i have been doing this after back and arms day and my veigns in my forarms are waaaay more evident. some new ones too that connecyt my older ones together. looks sick!!!

BrotherInArms
04-08-08, 12:29 am
True.

Simply flexing after a workout will get you pumped.

Thetasteofink69
04-08-08, 12:47 am
how long have you been doing this?

surfaced
04-08-08, 12:58 pm
pretty sure that wont increase vascularity. maybe for the short period of time your "pump" lasts but other than that nah

rhane
04-08-08, 1:40 pm
pretty sure that wont increase vascularity. maybe for the short period of time your "pump" lasts but other than that nah

Agreed. only thing I know about to help vascularity is playing around with sodium and water intake - but aside from serious competitors a day from a show, who is going to be doing that?

simpleguy
04-08-08, 1:43 pm
my arms get pumped even when I carry the groceries

the best tip for vascularity increase would be to cut down

DetroitMuscle
04-08-08, 4:36 pm
Being vascular has a lot to do with genetics. There is not a whole lot you can do to increase vascularity...I mean you can get cut which will make you appear more vascular but that doesnt mean that its going to stay that way when you put the weight back on.

Me for instance, I have veins that shoot across my shoulders and chest. In school when I was little I used to get picked on because you could see the green streaks of veins across my chest. When I used to weigh 300 lbs and was fat my veins popped out all the time. Now that I I am 220 and like 12% people just think I juice lol. I get the question at least once a week..."how do I get veins like urs? What are you on??"...I just tell them the truth- I was born that way.

prowrestler
04-08-08, 5:34 pm
how long have you been doing this?

2 weeks now.

prowrestler
04-08-08, 5:35 pm
Being vascular has a lot to do with genetics. There is not a whole lot you can do to increase vascularity...I mean you can get cut which will make you appear more vascular but that doesnt mean that its going to stay that way when you put the weight back on.

Me for instance, I have veins that shoot across my shoulders and chest. In school when I was little I used to get picked on because you could see the green streaks of veins across my chest. When I used to weigh 300 lbs and was fat my veins popped out all the time. Now that I I am 220 and like 12% people just think I juice lol. I get the question at least once a week..."how do I get veins like urs? What are you on??"...I just tell them the truth- I was born that way.

yes, genetics. but the veigns like the muscles can grow. they thicken due to training and forcing them to pump in more blood then normal.

biology class.

TylerC
04-08-08, 6:00 pm
Pause reps help Vascularity

-Machine

Matt Dickerson
04-08-08, 6:33 pm
It seems to me that there are a few ways to increase vascularity or the appearance of vascularity. I'm going to list a few things that seems logical to me but could be wrong. I'm didn't research through medical journals to see if I'm right or wrong.

1. Lower body fat will reveal more veins
2. Increased amount of blood in the body. This involves more water in the body and certain drugs will make the body increase blood production. (I'm not advocating to use these drugs)
3. It seems logical that both aerobic and resistance training will cause the veins and capillaries to grow. It causes increased muscle mass, ligament growth, and bone growth. Why wouldn't the veins, arteries, and capillaries grow as well to meet the growing demands placed on the body? I'm going to go out on a limb and say that resistance training causes the veins, arteries, and capillaries to grow as well.

Firzen
06-15-08, 11:38 pm
Sorry for the stupid question but... What are pause reps?

D-Bomb
06-16-08, 7:27 am
^^ ^^ Pause reps as far as i know are for example a barbell bicep curl you would on the negative portion of the lift "hold or pause" at the maximal tension point to stimulate/recruit even more muscle fibers, so where the biceps are put under the most stress you will pause and try "overload" the fibers involved, more blood rushes in as well as a result.

prowrestler
06-16-08, 11:16 am
Having the bulging veins does look good and it intimidates the non athlete. If you want big veins stick to the basics. Keep the fat low, Make sure your workouts include at least one exercise that gets you in a pump (preacher curls and Leg extensions for me). Take it easy on the salts and keep up on the water. If your veins are not naturally large, just give it time.
There are some things you can do to make them bigger though. Really heavy lifting, sprints and flexing as hard as you can after your workout. All of these things will put tremendous stress on your circulation system and cause your blood pressure to sky rocket. This will cause your veins to strech a little, making them bigger. It will also force your body to create new veins and connections between them.

true. stretching the blood vessels will allow them to grow. i am proof. now i only got a couple veignsin my forarms and none in my biceps unless under a good light. my neck gets so much vascularity when i train though. i use to hang my head off my bed and let blood rush to my head for no reason. i also use the valsalva manuver where you hold your breath and flex the abs hard doing a lift. causes great stress around the necks veigns and arteries.

Pizzalamp
06-16-08, 11:17 am
true. stretching the blood vessels will allow them to grow. i am proof. now i only got a couple veignsin my forarms and none in my biceps unless under a good light. my neck gets so much vascularity when i train though. i use to hang my head off my bed and let blood rush to my head for no reason. i also use the valsalva manuver where you hold your breath and flex the abs hard doing a lift. causes great stress around the necks veigns and arteries.

are u joking w/ the valsalva manuver? im not picking a fight w/ u, but thats really dangerous to do during a lift

Thetasteofink69
06-16-08, 1:45 pm
Can't you pass out doing that?.. I hold my breath during the first half of the positive motion on my major lifts.. I've heard it could possibly be a little dangerous, but not nearly as dangerous as valsalva

Pizzalamp
06-16-08, 1:47 pm
Can't you pass out doing that?.. I hold my breath during the first half of the positive motion on my major lifts.. I've heard it could possibly be a little dangerous, but not nearly as dangerous as valsalva

valsalva is very dangerous and should be avoided...you can pass out and your blood pressure can skyrocket...u could even have a mini stroke in some extreme cases

thenothingthatis
06-16-08, 8:12 pm
I hear that with a sufficiently low bf%, animal cuts can help flush out water to make the veins pop out more. Anyone agree?

Maharg
06-16-08, 8:20 pm
valsalva is very dangerous and should be avoided...you can pass out and your blood pressure can skyrocket...u could even have a mini stroke in some extreme cases

caused me to pass out after leg press. My blood pressure dropped in a hurry, and i had no blood in my head and no oxygen in the body.

GJN5002
06-16-08, 8:32 pm
yea the valsalva stuff is shit in my opinion. From day one you learn to breathe properly and harness your own breathing to power your lifts. Anyway, lose weigth and get the bodyfat down and youll see veins. Some people are just naturally vascular. I still have arm/shoulder at 15%.

prowrestler
06-16-08, 11:07 pm

OH, thought that was valsalva???

k so i guess i do not do the valsalva manuever. never mind that i hold my breath in the bottom of a heavy lift until it reaches like the half way point then forcfully ex hale. my bad!

J Wong
06-17-08, 12:04 am
On the note of holding the breath during lifting, a P.E. coach at my school tells stories of how he was lifting and held his breath on a heavy set, and blood popped out of his eye.

thenothingthatis
06-17-08, 12:17 am
On the note of holding the breath during lifting, a P.E. coach at my school tells stories of how he was lifting and held his breath on a heavy set, and blood popped out of his eye.

whoa that is scary shit!

krazysane
08-05-08, 12:07 pm
I got a nicevein on my left bicep that shows, I like it. I want the same for my right arm, how do I get it? Why is it only on 1 arm and not the other?

Big Wides
08-05-08, 12:38 pm
http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=8933&highlight=vascularity

A whole thread on vascularity

Iron4Life
08-05-08, 12:57 pm
IMO its primarily genetics and body fat %

From wikipedia: Vascularity is enhanced by extremely low body fat, low water retention, high blood pressure and muscle engorgement.

prowrestler
08-05-08, 1:09 pm

no, the whole "veigns and roids" thing is a myth. it started up cause people put injections and veigns together and voila! a myth is born. even though you dont inject into veigns,its intra muscular but whatever, people are stupid.

AAS will for sure aid in vascularity because of the extra muscle you'll put on.

key is "extra muscle". thats how extra vascularity occurs.

InkdMuscle
08-05-08, 2:00 pm

From wikipedia: Vascularity is enhanced by extremely low body fat, low water retention, high blood pressure and muscle engorgement.

x3. More Veins=Low BF%

ralf_snake
08-05-08, 10:36 pm

high blood pressure...so that must make me a beast..right?

airborneIRON
08-05-08, 10:51 pm

that's a pretty good one.

hardhit71
10-27-08, 11:31 pm
It seems like i have never been able to get the ropelike veins going for some reason. before football started i was about 240, pretty lean, about 10-12% bf but you couldnt see a lot of vascularity. Maybe i just don't understand how to work for them. I've always kept a good weekly split so training right hasn't been a problem. I figure since I'm building everything back that i lost during football season, plus more, i might as well hit every goal. Can anyone help me out?

Maharg
10-27-08, 11:36 pm
Veins are a funny thing, if your skin is too thick, they dont show through. But, the longer you train, the better your veins will show through. Most of the people you see with those giant freak veins have been training for alot more years then guys who are only 18 like us. Time to play the waiting game.

hardhit71
10-27-08, 11:49 pm
That sucks man. haha

prowrestler
10-28-08, 1:48 am
That sucks man. haha

too bad, genetics are a bitch you cant fuck with

Mr.Hardcore98
10-28-08, 9:56 am
try using some NO

Factory
10-28-08, 10:06 am
NO helps like MRhardcore said, I've found animal pump helps.

The leaner you are, the more they pop. Being tan helps, not having any hair makes them pop a bit more. Warmer weather makes them POP. And yeah genetics play a huge role here.

Aggression
10-28-08, 10:06 am
Ya man genetics play a huge role. I just dieted down for 7 weeks and my veins definitely began to show through. It all depends on your skin, your bodyfat and how much water you're holding under the skin. OR, you can be one of the gifted people who barely workout and have rope-like veins 24/7

Factory
10-28-08, 10:08 am
Ya man genetics play a huge role. I just dieted down for 7 weeks and my veins definitely began to show through. It all depends on your skin, your bodyfat and how much water you're holding under the skin. OR, you can be one of the gifted people who barely workout and have rope-like veins 24/7

ooh yeah, drinking 1-2 galons of water a day will help a TON.

C.Coronato
01-12-09, 2:02 pm
cant be said any easier. Off season not many veins, on season many many veins. If you look at the poster of "Im not gonna puke" Wrath has zero veins. but look at "the power of you" he has maps. Its all about show time, or not. It sucks, but get your BF down and your cardio up and youll be flashing your crossroads in no time.

redskin 344
01-12-09, 3:11 pm
Vasularity basically means insulin sensitivity right?

If yes, I take fish oil caps for it. From what I know twice the protein gets synthesized for people who take fish oil from insulin sensitivity which makes it a great anabolic along with a dietary supp IMO.

simpleguy
01-12-09, 3:54 pm
Vascularity basically means insulin sensitivity right?

QUOTE OF THE YEAR

redskin 344
01-12-09, 7:36 pm
QUOTE OF THE YEAR

Ill take that as a yes

so yea..take yo fish oil

castilo
01-12-09, 9:18 pm
I remember when I was a kid and I always wanted to get veins on my arms. They just make you look more muscular. I asked a few people and my parents and they just told me that I need to work. I didn't know what that meant and I thought manual labor. But anyway you just have to workon them. Train harder. Better yourself each workout. Train smart. Like gaining mucle no beginner is going to have hug thick muscle like jeff willet or dorian yates. Like in bodybuilding there is no secret in how. Just work your ass off and get vascular.

redskin 344
01-12-09, 10:18 pm
wait by PIPELINES are we talking about shuttling more nutrients into the muscles and feeding the muscle or building veins for the sake of bodybuilding

prowrestler
01-13-09, 12:22 am
QUOTE OF THE YEAR

lol

prowrestler
01-13-09, 12:24 am
Ill take that as a yes

so yea..take yo fish oil

no man

the threads talkin about gettin veigns poppin outta all your muscles and ya

no...were not talkin about fish oil lol, not insulin sensitivity but i did see where u came from with that comment.

but you missed the idea. were talkin about veigns for image

simpleguy
01-13-09, 11:11 am
Ill take that as a yes

so yea..take yo fish oil

maybe this could help you get a better idea of what vascular refers to: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v620/Death_Hawk/frankfor.jpg

wedge
01-13-09, 11:17 am
maybe this could help you get a better idea of what vascular refers to: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v620/Death_Hawk/frankfor.jpg

That is a sick photo.

redskin 344
01-13-09, 12:20 pm
yep my bad

i missed the idea. I thought 'pipelines meant making the veins like nutrient pipelines so they shuttle in nutrients to your muscles so you grow.

and that picture is big frankie Mcgrath

prowrestler
01-13-09, 12:22 pm
yep my bad

i missed the idea. I thought 'pipelines meant making the veins like nutrient pipelines so they shuttle in nutrients to your muscles so you grow.

and that picture is big frankie Mcgrath

no, its actually me, franks got a similar picture and i tried copying him lol

yep, not nutrient piplines, just pretty skin rippers in this thread.

C.Coronato
01-13-09, 12:29 pm
gotta love the thick ass ones the litterally feel like your gonna rip. Especially after doing a forearm workout when your onion skin is so tight that you gotta rub em down just to get your hnds to close. THATS a great vein ripping feeling.

redskin 344
01-13-09, 3:11 pm
no, its actually me, franks got a similar picture and i tried copying him lol

yep, not nutrient piplines, just pretty skin rippers in this thread.

franks got a whole fucking plumbing system going for him

killinweight
01-13-09, 7:14 pm
takes time,hardwork in the gym. also low bodyfat.

redskin 344
01-13-09, 8:16 pm
Actually you need to drink a lot of water to get pipelines as well

hjayss
01-14-09, 4:02 am

I love this one natural g..This really just says it all..those of you who dont know g you should know the dude is one of the beasts in the game..He knows his stuff

Juggernaut_Jones
09-15-10, 2:52 pm
I have a thick vein running down my left arm and in both forearms, however, my right bicep doesn't "have" one. I have no idea what the deal actually is but I can't see it. My body fat is about 7-8% and I have a pretty good vascular view everywhere else...but not there. Is it my genetics? Or will a time come when that vein appears?
Thanks guys!