PDA

View Full Version : CEE vs. Kre-Alkalyn vs. Creatine Monohydrate

adidas
08-08-07, 7:52 am
grabbed this info from another site:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

This has been debated ad naseum, but here is some real evidence. If this doesn't put the "debate" to bed, then I suppose nothing will.
http://www.npicenter.com/anm/templates/newsATemp.aspx?articleid=18806&zoneid=28

also on top of this:

pulled this from another site as well:

Creatine Ethyl Ester is inferior

I don't know how many of you were at the ISSNs 4th annual conference in Vegas. If you were and walked by the poster presentations you probably saw the first research conducted on Creatine Ethyl Ester.

Drs Tallon and Child out of the UK tested the marketing claim that CEE avoids the breakdown of creatine to creatinine in stomach acids, providing Cr greater absorption. The availability of free creatine was compared between creatine monohydrate, SANs CM2 Alpha and MRIs CE2. After 120 minutes of incubation in 900mL of pH 1 HCL at 37 degreesC, about 3/4 of the CEE in MRI's CE2 was available and only 11% available from CM2 Alpha, while boring old creatine monohydrate was still there standing strong at 99%.

Turns out that the marketing claims that these companies use are the exact opposite of what the product does in an acidic environment. Ever wonder why you don't get the bloat with CEE? It may be because you're not really using any creatine.

dominatetheiron
08-08-07, 9:23 am
grabbed this info from another site:

This has been debated ad naseum, but here is some real evidence. If this doesn't put the "debate" to bed, then I suppose nothing will.
http://www.npicenter.com/anm/templates/newsATemp.aspx?articleid=18806&zoneid=28

also on top of this:

pulled this from another site as well:

Creatine Ethyl Ester is inferior

I don't know how many of you were at the ISSNs 4th annual conference in Vegas. If you were and walked by the poster presentations you probably saw the first research conducted on Creatine Ethyl Ester.

Drs Tallon and Child out of the UK tested the marketing claim that CEE avoids the breakdown of creatine to creatinine in stomach acids, providing Cr greater absorption. The availability of free creatine was compared between creatine monohydrate, SANs CM2 Alpha and MRIs CE2. After 120 minutes of incubation in 900mL of pH 1 HCL at 37 degreesC, about 3/4 of the CEE in MRI's CE2 was available and only 11% available from CM2 Alpha, while boring old creatine monohydrate was still there standing strong at 99%.

Turns out that the marketing claims that these companies use are the exact opposite of what the product does in an acidic environment. Ever wonder why you don't get the bloat with CEE? It may be because you're not really using any creatine.

i am a biochemist and have writtin published things and work on published books with some profs. and the thing is in science you can tailor your results to show whatever your trying to prove so if i wanted to prove cee is better i would set up an expirement in which Cee looks to have performed better ya get what im saying the debate will always exist just let it be and believe what you like.

adidas
08-08-07, 9:52 am
Listen buddy i am a biochemist and have writtin published things and work on published books with some profs. and the thing is in science you can tailor your results to show whatever your trying to prove so if i wanted to prove cee is better i would set up an expirement in which Cee looks to have performed better ya get what im saying the debate will always exist just let it be and believe what you like.

i will continue to post my finding on things i find to futher help fellow supp user make imformative selections/decisions.

EBO13
06-23-09, 7:54 pm
what is the difference? is one better then the other?

GJN5002
06-23-09, 9:30 pm
kre alkalyn is supposed to be ph balanced, as far as better I dont know

Firefist
06-23-09, 9:52 pm
cant go wrong with creatine mono.

storm is great imo. get on the grape!

Cstlfx
06-23-09, 10:40 pm
This is from bodybuilding.com:

All data to date is anecdotal. No clinical trials have been conducted on Kre-Alkalyn.

Kre-Alkalyn is believed to have the benefits of regular creatine, without the associated side-effects of creatine monohydrate use. The efficacy and safety of creatine monohydrate is well established in scientific literature and thus Kre-Alaklyn is believed to have the same ergogenic abilities and safety profile.

Manufacturer product information states that Kre-Alkalyn is processed at a higher PH level than regular creatine monohydrate. It is believed that the conversion of creatine to creatinine is a function of PH level and that conversion of creatine into the waste product creatinine can be halted by PH level manipulation during the manufacture process.

Slowing or stopping the conversion of creatine to creatinine may help the body absorb more creatine, thus lowering the dosages required for beneficial results. This can result in an economic savings for the consumer as less creatine will be required for the same results.

Anecdotal evidence for Kre-Alkalyn has been mostly positive. Many users report a decrease in water retention and the elimination of the infamous "creatine bloat." Many users also report immediate results and the elimination of the "loading" phase normally required for regular creatine monohydrate use.